Solar Wholesalers

Solar Wholesalers Reviews

4.7

Based on 922 ratings  - Aus Ranking

Based in South Australia, Solar Wholesalers provides solar power systems to Adelaide as well as regional parts of the state. It was one of the first solar power companies to be established in the area.

Solar Wholesalers has been operational since 2007 and prides itself on offering reliable products to its customers.

Not only this, but Solar Wholesalers believes it is small enough to offer a personalised service, while big enough to have strong relationships with suppliers to offer competitive prices.

Reviewers report paying: $4,900 - $7,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solar Wholesalers Reviews (922)

Great product, amazing experience

Everything was handled professionally and overall the experience exceeded our expectations
Hide Luke's Comment

Inverter Brand

Exactly what you need then to be. Great service.

After plowing through the mine field of solar information and reviews and getting 4 different quotes, I chose Solar Wholesale because my instinct told me they would be the best option. I wasn't wrong, the entire experience was great. The system wasn't the cheapest quote I got, but I wanted to pay a bit extra for good quality components and better service. I definitely got that.

The quote process was easy and once we looked to proceed, a technician came out to assess the job fully and ensure there were no unforseen issues that would add extra cost.

The crew on the day were great and worked really hard to get a large system completed quickly and efficiently. They also left nothing behind and left everything tidy. They all seemed like decent blokes, polite, helpful and respectful.

Once it was fitted they took the time to make sure I could access the fronius app, so I could view my electricity use and generation. They also explained the invertor system well and how to power it all down if needed.

I called the office mid morning after the smart meter was installed to have them come and change the programming to export into the grid. An electrician stopped by on his way home from work the same day to do it.

There was a minor admin hiccup that was resolved with one phone call.

All of the dealings with the admin staff were great. The installers are backed up by really good people back at the office. They organised the meter changeover process entirely.

The system is large, but it currently powers all of our daytime energy consumption and still exports about 25kw to the grid per day.

I would recommend Solar Wholesale to anyone looking for great service, quality components, quality installation, good advice and reliable warranties. 10/10.

Hide Jim's Comment

Inverter Brand

An excellent value for money experience from start to finish

Solar Wholesalers are an outstanding company who provide great service and value for money. They're on call when you need them and their team of installers are friendly, knowledgable and hard working. I would definitely recommend them. Thanks team.
Hide Andy's Comment

A job well done

From the initial phone call on making enquiries we found Solar Wholesalers most helpful.
After a detailed discussion a fully explained quote was received and on payment of a deposit we were guided through how the system would operate with all our questions answered in detail.
The installation was carried out in an efficient manner and was made to fit with our scheduled activities.The young men who did the installation were polite and left the site clean and tidy.
Help was also provided with the grid connection as well as how to monitor usage. All in all a most satisfactory outcome to be recommended to anybody considering solar installation.
Hide Vince's Comment

SMA

Inverter Brand

Very satisfied with the overall experience

Easy company to work with. Good solid advice provided, no spin. Punctual, extremely neat and tidy installation with no fuss, great follow-up. Very responsive.
Hide Gary's Comment

First Class

Right from the initial contact by Sam, the two quotes were received within a day. No pushy sales tactics. Installation was within a couple of weeks of signing up due to the rescheduling by another customer. Installation went like clockwork, were on the job when they said and at the end, workings of the system was explained. This was a replacement of a 1kWh system of 12 years old, so main infrastructure was already there and utilized. Everyone involved was very nice and genuinely seemed happy in the job they performed. Everything was cleaned up afterwards and considerate of walking on the roof so not to break any tiles. Aftersales service is great, making sure everything went to plan and that we were happy with the whole process. We certainly are happy!! Would highly recommend Solar Wholesalers and they are local too.
Hide Sandra's Comment

A Straightforward and Pleasant Process

Dealing with Solar Wholesalers was a pleasure. They quickly booked in installation for us at the end of our house build. The installers were friendly and professional, and took the time to explain everything and confirm all the details of the installation. There were no real issues - everything was working when I came to inspect. It would have been nice if they could have provided an operating manual for the inverter, but I suppose I can find this online easily enough.
Hide Matt's Comment

Bill and Jill

Whole process from quote to instillation was straight forward and simple.
Hide Bill's Comment

Great solar installation

Solar Wholesalers provided great service in their installation of our solar system. They were responsive to my questions and flexible in terms of panel placement. The install was completed professionally and on time.
Hide Chris's Comment

Great installer

Great service. Was kept informed throughout the process and any questions that came up were answered promptly.
Install team were fantastic, friendly and enthusiastic. Job done in a day. Weren't able to install exactly as planned but solutions were found quickly and efficiently to overcome the small unexpected issues that arose.
Electricity meter changed approx. two weeks after the install, phoned the office to let them know, and someone was round the next day to make the necessary adjustments to the inverter.
Would highly recommend.
Hide Tim's Comment

Inverter Brand

Stress free installation and all aspects covered by Solar Wholesalers. Highly recommend this business

I did my research so knew what the quote entailed and was very happy with price quoted and choice of panels used and Inverter. I needed a new Smart metre but Colleen from Solar Wholesalers took care of everything including follow up on the day and sending out a service rep to explain the Fronius App to me. I feel secure that if anything does go wrong Solar Wholesalers will know about it before I do with their continuous monitoring, I love looking up the App and seeing how much power is going back to the grid, savings for me!!
Hide Robyn's Comment

Polite and efficient

For our Solar Installation we were communicated with at every step of the process.
Time was given for discussing every aspect of the installation before going ahead and where changes were needed we were continually updated.
The work men were polite, efficient and answered questions readily.
The time spent explaining the web monitoring was greatly appreciated.

Hide Julie's Comment

Great service, excellent communication

I chose this company for our new build as the customer service, communication was great And a good quality product was provided for a competitive price. Our home hasn’t started building yet.
Hide Kerri-Anne's Comment

Thanks

Great local service. Friendly service from all. Detailed quote, seemed to know their stuff for our area.
Hide Esther's Comment

Future Benefits

Very happy with the customer service all way through this process. The Installers were great. I could not fault them and they were quite happy to help install the program on my computer. I must add that I really appreciate the daily info I can check on the computer. It lets me also know my daily usage and savings. Many thanks to your company.
Hide Elizabeth's Comment

Cost

Best looking panels in our street.

Everything went perfectly & we have the neatest looking panels in our street (no unsightly brackets etc).

Installation was a breeze by polite professional installers.
Hide Phil's Comment

A Great experience, from quote to install /Followup

A great company to get Solar Installed.

From solar system options/quotes, through to installation by the in house team and then followup along the way with the admin team. Would recommend Solar Wholesalers for your next retail install.
Shane.
Hide Shane's Comment

Extremely happy

The whole process was much easier than I had anticipated. The communication from the start was excellent. The installers were polite, friendly and happy to explain everything to us. Would definitely recommend Solar Wholesalers to anyone looking to install solar
Hide Fiona's Comment

All round exceptional

Everyone here was great to deal with, my Quote was emailed very quickly and was well priced. We did our due diligence and found the price and components offered was second to none!
Installation was done with in the time estimated, the staff installing the system arrived on time and did a great job! System is working perfectly!

Hide Pete's Comment

Completely happy so far

From the start they made it easy and clear of the processes involved and the system I would be most suited to.
Once I decided to go ahead it was organised and communicated well with the installation process.
The installers were exceptional. Polite, friendly and happy to explain any question I had.
It’s been about 4 weeks and I’m starting to see the results coming from my solar system.
Couldn’t be happier so far and would recommend Solar wholesalers to anybody looking to install solar.
Hide Matt's Comment

Fantastic Install

Very happy to use solar wholesalers for the second time . The installers were very friendly and very informative. Would definitely recommend. Easy from start to finish .
Hide Megan's Comment

Professional Business

Installation team was very professional & customer service has been great!
Hide Josh's Comment

Highly recommended!

We were recommended Solar Wholesalers from our friends that had their system isntalled by this company. We were happy they were local and also had good reviews online. When we asked for a quote they were really prompt and provided us with loads of information particularly for our circumstances as we have a low sloping roof. They ended up fitting us in earlier than we thought which was great and as soon as our smart meter was installed they came out that afternoon to switch the meter over so we could start exporting to the grid.

The people that came out to install the panels arrived on time, explained to us a few slight variations to the panel layout to that would improve system performance and were extremely helpful and hard working. The whole process was really smooth and they were all highly professional throughout, including the admin/customer service staff in the office.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Solar Wholesalers for anyone looking for a quality solar installation.

Hide Luke's Comment

Great Service and Quality

Quoting process was a breeze. We received our quote within a week.
The installation was done on time and far quicker than we thought. The guys doing the job were very friendly and helpful.
The follow up with information and guidance was also very fast and efficient. We had a couple of queries which were handled promptly. They contacted us as soon as we were on the grid to make sure that everything was working correctly.

Hide Rick's Comment

6kW

Superb customer service

Solar Wholesalers were recommended to us by a neighbour. They fully lived up to the recommendation, being polite and attentive to every detail. The whole process took place very quickly and smoothly, I was kept informed throughout but all the details were handled efficiently by them.
Hide Patsy's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great service from a team who know what they are doing

To be honest the whole solar thing was a bit of a minefield for us with some friends saying how good it was and others (including sister-in-law) having a bad experience.

We found these guys to give a honest, no BS, great service with competitive prices.

Always great after-sales service as well in terms of being able to answer our questions about getting the best out of our set-up

Hide Mike's Comment

Inverter Brand

Happy with my solar system

Overall the whole progress was pretty smoothly. Happy with my new solar system, installation was on time. It would be great if no need to worry about broken titles. But I guess that's part of the job.
Hide Ying's Comment

Great company

The whole process from info and quoting to installation and hooking up to the grid has been faultless. The office team is helpful and quick to respond and the installation team was quick, helpful and left the site clean and tidy. I would be more than happy to recommend Solar Wholesalers to anyone considering a PV system. A great local company.
Hide Paul's Comment

Cost

Great customer service from start to finish.

The office organised the job perfectly and the boys that fitted the system did an awesome job.
Hide Lance's Comment

Inverter Brand

Solar Wholesalers was recommended to me and they didn't disappoint

Solar Wholesalers was recommended to me by someone in the Solar business and their recommendation didn't disappoint.
I was given good background information on the equipment and the process and from the initial contact through to the installation everything went well and I had no cause for any concerns.
The lads doing the install were very professional and I am extremely happy with the result.

Hide Peter's Comment

Inverter Brand

Excellent job done all round

The quotation for the complete work and the quality of the equipment offered was well presented and easily understood and the pricing excellent
The installation was carried out in a very professional manner and all the safety requirements were adhered too, as well as the tradesmen were polite, punctual and courteous as well as tidy in their work
The grid connect and meter change went off with out a hitch, well done all

Hide David's Comment

More than $20,000

Tesla

Battery Brand

Very Professional

Solar wholesalers (Sam) provided us with clear information in a timely manner, before during and after install, in order for us to make decisions as needed. The process and service from start to finish was smooth and seamless and quality of products appears excellent. Very professional company.
Hide Veena's Comment

Willunga

We are very happy with the installation, instruction at install about use of system use and basic operation, and the speedy install of the unit and friendly staff. Would highly recommend them as they have already done two previous installs for our family.
Hide Michael's Comment

Inverter Brand

A Fantastic and easy experience from the first Quote to the installation and set up. Friendly and more that helpful business to deal with,

Was a pleasure dealing with Solar Wholesalers in Mt Barker.
Extremely friendly and helpful from the first quote right through to the end, staff that did the installation were very helpful and done a great and professional job with the installation,
We were set up in minutes of the installation and run through how it all work,
I will be recommending these people to everybody

Hide Tony's Comment

Professional Installation

Our initial contact with the company was helpful and informative. The quote was received promptly and was easy to follow and detailed providing all the information required to enable an informed decision.
Installation day went well despite the less than ideal weather and it was clear the installation team were experienced and professional in going about their work. The system was connected to the network and operating by the end of the day. We were very pleased with our choice of contractor.
Hide Peter's Comment

Atsun Solar Electric Technology

Fantastic job

Got opinion from others that had used installer and they were happy so I trusted them and they were spot on
Hide Joanne's Comment

Excellent customer service

7.9kw Canadian solar with 6kw fronius inverter.
Very happy with my solar install. Sam was professional and responded promptly to my calls and emails. Lachy and Elliot did a great job with the install, providing me with clear instructions on how to use the system. They were punctual, polite and tidied up on completion.
Very happy customer.
Hide Scott's Comment

Fantastic service.

I am a novice when it comes to solar power. Solar Wholesalers were the most informative of the three quotes that I obtained. From the office staff to the trades people everyone involved in the installation were excellent. I would recommend them for anyone contemplating solar. Tradesmen were polite tidy and had a sense of humour. Well done. Margaret
Hide Margaret's Comment

Inverter Brand

Professional, easy to deal with, attentive customer service

Solar Wholesalers were fantastic to deal with. They were timely in providing quotes and helpful in assisting us to choose the right system for our needs. Communication was excellent and installation occurred without issue. They obviously take pride in what they do, this filters through to the customer experience. Great company to deal with, would highly recommend them to anyone. Sean and Marisa.
Hide Marisa's Comment

Very good

We were very happy with all aspects of process from sales through to installation and have a date for grid connection.
Hide Jim's Comment

It’s a huge relief

These lovely people organised everything for me. I didn’t have to make any phone calls or send any emails. I got maybe one call from the power network to confirm some details, but that was it. The sales person was very helpful, honest and practical too. The gentlemen who installed it were very efficient and I was very happy to arrive home with my new solar panels, my husband said that the guys did a great job too. I’m a very happy lady. It’s such a relief to have a reliable solar system that I know will pay for itself very quickly.
Hide Melissa's Comment

$12,500 to $15,000

Inverter Brand

10/10 the whole process. Larger sized and more complex install. Great value, people and results.

Highly recommend Solar Wholesalers, Adelaide. 10/10 the whole process - from quoting (inc site inspection), answering my Qs (a lot), installation (nice and clearly expert team), the results (great output and finish), all the proper paper work etc. Did a lot of comparisons - great value, not any real premium imo over the cookie cutter options. Large system 19.5/15kw with install on 8 faces(E/W with some No, 3 phase, some chimney shading (so Maxim panels).
Hide Cam's Comment

Inverter Brand

Fantastic Service from start to finish!!

Right from the start Solar Wholesalers made the whole process of getting our solar installed such an easy experience! Their pricing was extremely competitive with other providers but their customer service is hands down the reason we chose to use them. Every step of the way they were on touch with us to make sure things were running smoothly and even after installation they have been helpful with monitoring to make sure we are getting the most from our system. Highly recommend them to anyone!
Hide Amy's Comment

Solar Panels

The quote arrived in my inbox within hours.

The customer service was excellent, and I was kept informed at all times of the progress, and the installation was completed very quickly. Once the installation was completed, I was shown how to read the display, as well as the safety precautions. I have no hesitation in referring Solar Wholesalers to anyone that would like to update or buy new solar panels.
Hide Irene's Comment

Totally professional company.

How was the sales/quoting process?

Timely, informative, comprehensive.

How did the installation go? Polite? Tidy? Punctual?

Was more complicated than most installations. I was amazed at the quality of the installation. Top notch workmanship. Clean, tidy. 100% satisfied. Exceeded my expectations.

How was the customer service? e.g. did they help organise the grid connection after the install?

The whole team were really nice people. On time, polite , respectful , excellent communicators , on task. Grid connections was organised and was completed as planned without any issues. The whole process was worry free.
Hide Christopher's Comment

Solar Installation

Staff were amazing from the office thru to the installers. Friendly, polite - very professional
Hide Gina's Comment

100% satisfied

I am 100% satisfied with every aspect of the process from my initial contact to installation and follow up! This is the second time I have used Solar Wholesalers, and I would highly recommended them to anyone!
Hide Michelle's Comment

Fantastic Company

Solar Wholesalers were wonderful from start to finish. Everyone who I dealt with from in the office, accounting, installers and the boss of the company were all so friendly and helpful. We got a great price and the solar is excellent. Really happy with everything
Hide Jess's Comment

Inverter Brand

From start to finish a fantastic experience

I got five quotes for my 7.5kW system, Solar Wholesalers were the cheapest, so I was a little nervous. But from start to finish the they have been fantastic. From Mark on the sales teams, through to the pre-install inspection the service was excellent, even with all my pedantic questions.

The day of the installation, the crew turned up on time and we talked through every detail before any work commenced. I went to work, came home and the garden was spotless, the install exactly as discussed and planned.

The system has been faultless since. I can't recommend them enough.
Hide Andrew's Comment

Well done Solar Wholesalers

Excellent service all round. Price was competitive.
The only thing was that I wasn't reminded to ring my provider change plan as I had now had solar.
Also i expected the Fronius app to provide more real time information but was informed after the fact that I needed an extra meter to show that consumption. Apart from that the whole process was seemless
Hide Sonia's Comment