Solar Wholesalers

Solar Wholesalers Reviews

Based in South Australia, Solar Wholesalers provides solar power systems to Adelaide as well as regional parts of the state. It was one of the first solar power companies to be established in the area.

Solar Wholesalers has been operational since 2007 and prides itself on offering reliable products to its customers.

Not only this, but Solar Wholesalers believes it is small enough to offer a personalised service, while big enough to have strong relationships with suppliers to offer competitive prices.

Reviewers report paying: $5,400 - $7,900 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Solar Wholesalers Reviews (1055)

Great quoting process

We haven't installed yet but the process of getting system design, quote and order in was excellent, we had non-standard requirements with a lot of to- and fro- on details and our contact with all personnel has been prompt, friendly and super informative.

No fuss service.

Quoted for a medium range solar system within my price range, ended up with a smaller system due to a vent pipe, top of the range battery and higher quote.
Anyway, installation was pretty straight forward and tidy, the guys onsite and the girls in the office were great.

CFC sheeting for the battery shielding wasn't screwed along the top and has a gap, will fix myself with a steel trim on the top and sides and fireproof silicone to prevent the ingress of water and dirt.

Tesla app at first wouldn't sync up, uninstalling and reinstalling the app fixed that.

First 18 degree winter's day with no cloud cover has pumped 34kWh back into the grid.

Confidence in product

Solar Quotes encouraged the best system that my budget allowed and I was left feeling confident that I have the best system that I could have; from quoting through to installation and follow-through customer contact, fully professional. Recommended.

Fantastic Installer - would highly recommend!

So happy with the team at Solar Wholesalers. From the initial quote all the way through to installation, I was kept informed of the progress by both email and phone. On the day of installation, 3 technicians arrived at 8am as promised with their scissor lift and got to work straightaway. Their installation was very professional and left the area where they were working in perfect condition - it was as if they were never there! My parents had looked into solar a few years ago but decided against it as they were in a 2 storey home too and the quote was too pricey, however, they have now decided to look at solar again but this time through Solar Wholesalers. I highly recommend Solar Wholesalers!

Easy and great value

The whole process was with Solar Wholesalers has been great. They were the most competatively priced quote we recieved, for the same if not very similar systems from other companies. The went above and beyond in helping organise the finance. The install went very well and any questions or concerns I have had since, have been dealt with quickly and well.

Solar purchase

From quote to purchase and further communication pre installation I have been very satisfied with the customer service.

Original Review on 12-09-2021:

Happy Customer

Informative, polite and personable. Early days as the system has been in for a week. I opted for a larger system as my house is 2 storey with 4 bedrooms. My first electricity bill was $1600 ( due to a 14kw reverse cycle unit) in this new house and I can see immediately on my AGL usage graph that I am being credited or only using a minimal amount of power. Next step is for the batteries to become more affordable and efficient for night time usage. Original ratings

9 months later we asked Karen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes my power bill over the summer was $14.50. This latest bill was $96.00. As far as I can tell it is working well.

Solar made simple

From the first point of contact I knew I was in good hands, professional service all the way. The solar system was explained in a manner I completely understood what I was purchasing, and no detail was left out, so comprehensive. The installation was great, fantastic, happy service suppliers that made me feel at ease. The follow up and phone support was wonderful too.

Extremely professional installers and customer service. Competitively priced.

Solar Wholesalers were extremely professoinal from start to finish, and went beyond our expectatoins in helping resolve installation of the SmartMeter (which was responsibility of our energy retailer). The installers on the day were very professional, used safe and clean work practices, and were polite and friendly. Carrie in the office was outstanding in her service, responding to all our queries promptly and clearly. I would highly recommend Solar Wholesalers to others.

Seamless Process

This is the second system we have purchased form Solar Wholesalers and and we have recommended to two other s whom also purchased. From the initial discussions and options through to installation this has been a fast and seamless process. Of particular note was the installation team, a group f 4 guys who were friendly, well mannered and prepared to answer all questions but importantly were so efficient that shocked the neighbors in how fast they completed the install, AGL could learn a thing or two, still awaiting meter connection.
The Fronius app is providing all the data I need.
Could not be happier

Very Happy Customers!

Solar Wholesalers were fantastic to deal with from quotation stage through to installation and after service.
We would 10/10 recommend them to anyone looking to install a solar system. We were very pleased with the price considering the high quality of the products used.

A great experience

Having purchased a solar installation for a previous property a few years ago, I had something to compare my experiences with. In short, Solar Wholesalers were OUTSTANDING from start to finish. They are a local company to me (Mt Barker) and that was important, but it was their reputation and customer service that stood out more so. Price and advice on sizing and siting was also excellent. Very highly recommended.

Great System

From start to finish Sam answered all my questions.
When the team arrived and did a physical measure it wouldn’t quite fit as intended but happy with the final results.
The meter change over was arranged by Solar Wholesalers - emailed me the form to sign and sent off to SAPN. The physical change was smooth and on schedule.
System went live a month ago and so far has generated plenty of power.

Solar satisfaction.

Friendly staff, easy installation process, great price for top quality inverter and panels.

Installation of Solar panels

Solar Wholesalers were very prompt with their quotation and most helpful in explaining the process.
The installation of panels was at my holiday house on Kangaroo island I wasn't present for the installation, but the installers kept me informed of the progress. The installation done in the time frame quoted.
Excellent customer service, everything was organised and my system is up and running.

Great system!

Had to wait for 5 weeks to get my solar system installed. Other than this, the process was really smooth and the system's performance is in line with my expectations

Solar

My experience with solar wholesalers was was good right from the start thay gave me a quote right away and gave me all the information I needed.There quote was competitive so I went with them and I wasn't disappointed there installers were on time and did a great and neat job. I would and have recommended them to others.
Cheers Tony.

Fully satisfied with the entire solar process

The whole process from getting a quote for my solar system to getting it installed was taken care of for me without a hitch. All the steps were fully explained to me and was easy to understand. They followed up as each stage was completed and carried out any requests I had. They never assumed I knew everything or left any loose ends for me to finish off.

Great service and installation

Great service with very easy to understand quote and they were very happy to answer any questions.
The installation was seamless with very polite and tidy installers.
The follow up service was wonderful and they made sure that everything was taken care off

Solar and battery

Pleased with the service from Solar Wholesalers. Talked me through a couple of options and they handled all the paperwork. Did a site inspection beforehand and answered my questions. Installation of a 13.3 kW system with a battery completed in a day. Followed up with a call to make sure all was OK. Just waiting on AGL to change the meter so that we can export but the system is currently providing around 90% of our daily power usage. They are going to come back again to make sure everything is working optimally after the meter is swapped over. Very happy with the service, both the guys in the office and on site.

Very professional, helpful & prompt. The young lads were very polite & respectful to the homeowner. Being someone from the old school, they assisted me in logging into the solar website which

I would highly recommend Solar Wholesalers to anyone wanting to have Solar Power Energy installed at their property. The team who installed the unit were professional, prompt, respectful & had knowledge of the product they installed. The Electrician was able to satisfactorily answer the questions thrown at him, at the same time adding more information about Solar that I didn’t know. Thank you for a fantastic job!

Superb Installation and top service

These guys were professional from the get go. Really knowledgeable and efficient in all they did. Questions promptly answered by a team who know what they are doing. I am now slightly OCD with the SolarEdge app too! I also liked the way the guys came to double check with us about details during the install.

1st Class Service

The whole process was excellent from start to finish. From my initial conversation with Sam, where he explained everything I needed to know and more, to Carrie and Colleen helping with the paperwork side of things and getting everything coordinated perfectly for Brodie arriving ahead of the installation team to make sure everything was was ready to go. The installation was professional and we were given excellent instruction and advice on our system and what to expect and how to use it. The post installation service has been great, 2 phone calls since to check everything is going well and offering us continuing support for the future. We are the fourth in our family to install solar with Solar Wholesalers and will be recommending them to all of our friends.

Impressive Professional Company

We were very happy with the entire process. Everyone we dealt with was very efficient and pleasant. They contacted the energy provider for us. We were given a well informed explanation of the systems and clear answers to our query's The installers who were very polite arrived promptly and further discussed the installation with us. The electrician who also had a lovely manner helped us with the app on our phone. It was a pleasant trouble free experience.

Excellent friendly service from start to finish

Solar wholesalers were professional and friendly right from the very start. Sam was prompt to quote, came to our home on my request for an onsite visit, and followed up quickly any calls I made with further questions I had. Colleen and Carrie in the office were always friendly and helpful. The cost of our system was equally comparable to another quote we had.

Installation day arrived and wow! I was super impressed by the team!! Not only were they polite, punctual, very tidy, super efficient, knowledgeable, they consulted and kept us informed all day. I'd say they were the nicest technicians ever!

As this was an upgrade from our older very small solar system, (and which was cleanly removed and disposed of that day) we were up and running on completion of the install and already seeing the benefits via the App. A minor hitch with the consumption meter was immediately fixed the next day.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Solar Wholesalers Mt Barker to anyone, for excellent friendly professional service and product. So impressed, well done!

I would recommend Solar Wholesalers to anyone looking for a high quality PV system. Professional from quoting to installation. I like a job done right, and Solar Wholesalers exceeded my expectations.

Quote done after understanding the requirements. I asked lots of questions and received answers to all.

Installation team exceptional work quality.

Office support team at Solar Wholesalers very good.

Get what you pay for

Very professional bunch all the way through. Didn't try to sell me anything I didn't need, and we're very helpful with optimising all aspects of the solar system.

Set up was done quickly and professionally on the day, with follow up to ensure I was satisfied.

Excellent service and a reasonable price

Solar Wholesalers took the time to look at needs and work with shade areas. I felt that this was a tailored service and the company understood the region and what was best in my circumstances. The installers were polite and considerate.

Finally did it and went with who I first started talking to.... 7 years ago!

Getting solar has been an epic slow process. First enquired with Solar Wholesalers 7 years but solar was put on hold because we were debating a renovation which would have been on the Northern side..

After 60 odd emails over the 7 years we finally did it!

We were lucky they had a cancellation so we jumped the cue and had it installed pretty quickly. They were done in a day and the install looks super tidy.

My biggest concern was where we'd put the inverter as our meter is right at the front of the house so I didn't ideally want it next to that. They guys worked with me to where it could alternatively be placed, which ended up being perfect on the east with plenty of space to add battery down the track.. Woo!

The guys were punctual, tidy and great to talk to while they were doing the install. I had a few questions and queries which they were happy to answer while they travelled between their utes and the roof.

The inverter install looks like a work of art super tidy and clean.

Just waiting on Energy supplier to update meter :(

Communication and installation excellent

From the start we were confident these people knew what they were doing, and understood the location and our requirements.
The pre-quote inspection confirmed the site suited, and orientation and shading taken into consideration. As we had a fragile tile roof on the house, they recommended to fit the panels on the sheds, and assured us the orientation would still work well.
The quote was clear and helpful, and the price acceptable (although slightly higher than another quote).
The installers were punctual, efficient and left everything clean and tidy, explaining how things would work, as well as informing us about the smart meter installation.
We were most impressed with the whole process and would recommend Solar Wholesalers to others.

Brilliant, Knowledgable, Tidy.

Polite prompt quoting. Fast tidy installation. Helped with the upgrade of the meter.

Excellent Service, Quality System - Installation & Troubleshooting

Great quote/selection experience. Solar Wholesalers listened to my needs and installation preferences, which they validated for suitability. The inverter was installed internally in the garage a 'inconvenient' distance from the meter box, but this did not effect the quote or installer. Solar Wholesalers organised the meter change & grid connection.

The most important experience was the swift troubleshooting experience (as with all things new). There was a loose connection to the inverter (weak solar output reading the online app.) and an inverter restart required (post smart meter install), both issues were solved on the day or the following day, no questions asked, no hassles.

Fantastic service

From the quoting stage to the install was just a breeze.
Everything was organised with SA Power Networks.
Installation was clean & tidy.
We were kept informed throughout the whole process of dates & times.
If we needed another solar system, we would not hesitate to use Sam & his team again.

100% Satisfied and impressed with the whole process from service reliability, and quality installation and follow-up.

The sales process was easy to understand.
The installation plan was so helpful which contributed to making the correct decision to proceed with the best choice.
The customer service team was as good as you could wish for and completed a good outcome for us.

Great installation of a large residential system in the Adelaide Hills.

I have recently (Feb 2022) had a 20kw Canadian Solar panels / 15kw Solar edge inverter system installed by Solar Wholesalers.
I initially engaged the company via solar quotes in October 2021. Their response was timely and professional. A company representative physically attended our site prior to finalising the quote and happily answered our questions about our site and proposed installation throughout the entire quote process (including patiently awaiting a delay in my response due to surgery!).

After paying a deposit in late Nov '21, the system was installed in early Feb '22 - suggesting that this is a very busy company (and of course delays related to x-mas shutdowns).

The installation was conducted over 2 days (it rained on the first day), company communication throughout this process was extremely professional. They use their own staff to install the system so there was no deviation from the original plans nor any moments of 'lost in translation' that you may experience between contractor and solar supplier.

They left the site extremely clean and tidy and their work was meticulous and attentive to details like ensuring new entry points made to the wall were finished with colour matching silicone!

Solar Wholesalers handled the documentation / grid connection process in a very timely fashion - with only a 2 day period between system install and solar meter change! (I am told this is abnormally efficient!).

My first day of exporting energy netted over 60kw/hr of exported energy above the day-consumption of my house hold (this is on an overcast day in the Adelaide hills!), all of which I have been able to watch in real time on the free solar edge app.

Very happy.

Great Experience

The team from Solar Wholesalers made the process clear and easy, from design through to installation,
Explained expected solar generation in clear understandable language.
Installation day soon arrived and the team were on time, Dillon and Lochy did a great job getting my system installed and it really is producing as expected..

Polite, professional and knowledgeable

I got quotes from 6 installers for Solar + Powerwall, and Solar Wholesalers was the only one who proposed a 15kw system. Everyone else was proposing a <7.5kw system. Solar Wholesalers were able to clearly explain the economic and technical aspects without using sleazy sales tactics like so many of the others :(.

With panels being relatively cheap, and the Powerwall being relatively expensive, it became quite obvious to me that we wanted to size the system to offset our usage in winter while having a full battery by sundown, so that we could fully utilise the battery year-round. The other installers missed this and were only trying to offset our average usage which was going to leave us heavily grid-dependent in winter.

It turns out I made the right choice because the installers were extremely polite and professional. They noticed some cracked rafters in my 100 year old roof and had to abort the installation. I got a carpenter to fix it and they promptly reacheduled the install. I'm glad they noticed this damage and let me know so we didn't risk a collapsing roof.

The end result is very neat. No wires visible at all on my outside wall. System is performing above expectations so far. Follow-up questions have been answered promptly by email. Very happy.

Great Communication, value for money and quality

The price couldn't be beaten.
The communication was transparent, factual and friendly.
The product and install was top quality.
Highly highly recommend to anyone anywhere!!!

When only the best solar will do.

From initial inquiry their service was fantastic. everything was explained in detail and the system was designed perfectly to suit my needs. I was impressed with with how quickly I received the quote showing birds eye view of my house and panel positioning. The installation was done efficiently and can only recommend their staff for how quickly they worked and their friendliness. They took care of everything from initial contact to grid connection.

Solar Wholesalers customer service is unquestionable and I cannot recommend more highly

A well carried out instalation.

A proffesional instalation, installers arrived on time they were polite and organised the grid conection and informed us how to check the usage information on our mobile phones.

First Class

From start to finish our experience was exceptional. A little more expensive than many competitors the quality of service fully justified the extra cost. Installers were very polite and professional. Everything was organised by Solar Wholesalers and I would highly recommend them! Thank you.

Organised, fast, courteous

Quoting process was straightforward and information provided was clear and understandable. The installation was undertaken by very pleasant courteous staff. The fitting of the panels was quickly and efficiently completed. Customer service was at all times helpful.

Solar Wholesalers highly recommended !

I had a system installed in July 2021 with connection to the grid in August 2021. I waited till now to review as I wanted to see if the system performed as promised.
It has so far exceeded my expectations.
I cannot fault the service provided by Solar Wholesalers from start to finish.
Quote was competitive and all questions answered with no pressure, very happy with salesperson Mark.
Very good communication both by phone and email.
Once deposit paid a site inspection was done, they even recommended to replace an old iron roof prior to installation which I did.
Date was booked for install and lads arrived on time and completed an excellent installation, were very understanding and thoughtful and explained the system and answered all my questions.
Carrie and office staff were excellent in organising all the behind the scenes electrical notifications and kept me informed.
Since install any questions that I have had have been answered promptly.
My combined Gas/Electricity cost a year was $5500, I no longer use Gas (had the meter removed) and after 6 months (August 21 to Feb 22) I am currently $100 in credit with my electricity, I have not been through a winter yet however I have had massive savings since installing solar.
Do i recommend Solar? Absolutely!
Do I recommend Solar Quotes? Absolutely!
Do i recommend Solar Wholesalers Absolutely!

Thanks to Solar Wholesalers for a great system, design, install and after sales service, a big thumbs up from me.

Would recommend SA Solar Wholesalers

Was a great experience dealing with SA Solar Wholesalers the three gentlemen that installed the system were lovely to deal with they cleaned up completely after them follow up is excellent. Also when we had our meter changed over the man that did that asked if it was done by SA Solar Wholesalers he recognised the quality of the work Thanks

Down to earth good service

From the quote process to the final installation, we were very happy and comfortable with friendly and efficient service.

Most helpful and professional

All aspects of the process, from quoting to installation, was completed by the various staff members, with a high degree of professionalism. It is obvious that staff possess a very sound knowledge of the home solar industry. When it came to installation of the panels and inverter, Darcy and Dillon were very polite, courteous and extremely efficient. There were a couple of "glitches" in the process, but that involved communication problems with SA Power Networks and my energy supplier, and Solar Wholesalers worked through it all, meaning I did not have the worry of trying to sort anything out.
I highly recommend Solar Wholesalers.

Was able to make an informed decision

Sales and quoting was informative and easy to understand to make the best decision for my situation
The installation went well. Very polite, kept me updated and took the time to explain and give me options in things like panel placement, inverter lesson etc. was left with no mess and the office called me to let me know next steps and what they were arranging.
Hassle free experience.

Quality service

Quote for a quality system was good.
The inquiry re the quote seen a prompt response so that I was not waiting and waiting.
The installation was on time and excellent service.
The installers informed us what they were doing, set up our PC and advised us how to ascertain what was happening.
I research on the net seeking information on who were good companies with a good product.
Could not ask for better.

Fantastic process from beginning to end

Everything was made so easy for us from beginning to end and it's great to see the system working on the phone.

Great Installation!

Great overall experience. All questions answered in quoting process.

Installation was very professional, very neat with no exposed cabling.

Great customer service - change of meter arranged promptly.

System is up and running with no problems.