Solar Wholesalers

Solar Wholesalers Reviews

Based in South Australia, Solar Wholesalers provides solar power systems to Adelaide as well as regional parts of the state. It was one of the first solar power companies to be established in the area.

Solar Wholesalers has been operational since 2007 and prides itself on offering reliable products to its customers.

Not only this, but Solar Wholesalers believes it is small enough to offer a personalised service, while big enough to have strong relationships with suppliers to offer competitive prices.

Reviewers report paying: $4,688 - $7,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solar Wholesalers Reviews (991)

Excellent Business to Deal With

Solar Wholesalers is an outstanding choice if you are looking to install a solar system.
Their quote arrived promptly and proved to be excellent value for money. Sam Cranna provided us with the benefit of his many years in the industry and answered all of our questions in detail.
Solar Wholesalers arranged all of the pre installation paper work and this proved to be a stress free experience for us.
The installation went smoothly and all of the clean up was done by the installers.
The connection to the grid and liason with our retailer was all done by Solar Wholesalers.
Highly recommended.

Great company!

Fantastic service all round, from the quote to the install could not fault anything!
Staff were all friendly and knowledgeable, also happy to help and explain anything I was unsure of.
Quick with responses to any emails sent.
Definitely highly recommend this company.
Jo

Fantastic Job

Great experience using Solar Wholesalers situated at Mount Barker. Our house was a rental property and we were intending to move in when I organised the installation, however we had to put our interstate move on hold for 12 months. Solar Wholesalers were very accommodating about it all and happily put our order on hold with no additional deposit and no problems. Our system went up a few weeks ago, couldn't be happier with everyone we dealt with from the company. Would highly recommend them for their expertise and sensational customer service.

Great customer service and installation!

I went to Solar Wholesalers already with a load of research under my belt, both from here on SolarQuotes and from discussions with other retailers. I wanted to get a couple of quotes before going ahead to make sure I wasn't getting ripped off. I had a great conversation with Solar Wholesalers and they coincidentally quoted me on an identical system to another retailer but were a grand cheaper. With their online reviews being so good, the price, that they've been around over a decade (not a phoenix), and that they are local... it was a no-brainer to go ahead with them.

They were busy so it took about 7 weeks for them to come out for the installation. It was actually a day with thunderstorms but they worked around it. They also had a few other jobs cancelled because of the weather so we ended up with about 5-6 installers here just rocketing through ours. The crew were really good and talked me through their plans throughout the day. They didn't mind me asking them loads of questions, whether it was about the inverter, the electrical system, or the panels and their placements.

Since ours was actually a replacement system (remove old solar panels and install a new system - no battery) we didn't need to be connected to the grid again - we were all up and running at the end of the day generating solar power... and a lot of it!

The after service was good too. I had a few questions about the inverter software, the app, and even my electricity provider - and they were more than happy to help me out. The documentation took about 2 weeks to be sent after the installation was completed but it was a full pack containing everything you'd want.

Very happy

They were great! They were punctual and friendly. Very smooth process.

Quality work from people that care

The whole process from start to finish was pretty hard to fault. Technical sales part explained well and installers arrived on schedule. Even when a few things on site were changed by others the solar wholesaler guys were keen to find a solution that still gave me the best performance acne of my system even though it meant some extra work for them.

A professional install of a complex system

From the initial quote to the final install, the team from Solar Wholesalers did an incredible job. I was always kept in the loop for the entire process from start to finish. I was able to ask any questions about the system and its installation. The installers came on time and worked diligently and cleaned up after themselves. They tested everything and then worked through the operations of the system. They showed me how to use the app to monitor my system. My system also included a Sonnen back up battery as well as an additional inverter. The team installed everything perfectly and it has been running without any issues. I really appreciated how the team took their time to explain all the main components of the solar panel system. One important point was that they use only the best material for your install. I am generating a huge amount of power when the sun is out and at night time the battery kicks in. If you are thinking of getting a solar panel install, do not hesitate to give Solar Wholesales a call. A job well done!

Very professional business to work with fantastic

Highly recommend solar Wholesalers as a business. There customer service was first class,great office staff who took care of everything for me.
The price and quality of the solar was very gd.
The installation went very smoothly a very neat and tidy job.

Professional and polite

Installation went well with no problems
Installers professional and installed in a timely manner
Reception staff very pleasant and helpful

Excellent Installation

The whole process went smoothly. I was told that there would be a 5-6 week wait for installation but they found a slot after only 3 weeks.

The installation was quick and efficient. There was a last-minute change of panel arrangement due to the roof design, which was resolved quickly. The TV antenna was relocated at no extra cost due to panel shading.

Solar Wholesalers organised the grid connection after installation. They also connected the inverter to the house wifi so that it could send data to the Fronius.web and be monitored online. There was a 2-3 week wait for a smart meter to be installed by the power distributor but during that time we could use but not export our solar power.

Since we have been exporting power we are very happy with the performance of the system. On any sunny day we can be using normal household power and still hit the 5kw solar export limit.

Solar Wholesalers. Perfect install, value and service

By far the best and neatest solar install I’ve come across. I’m a builder and chose Solar wholesalers for my install based not only on price, but on the many installs I’ve seen in my area (eastern suburbs) Their attention to detail and neatness of work, black racking to match panels, black Powdercoated isolating switch covers, concealing all cables where possible, installing inverters and optimisers neatly was absolutely fantastic. My roofing contractors inspected the install throughly and also conceded that it is by far the best solar install they have ever seen.
Well done Solar Wholesalers.
Couldn’t be happier with everything from start to finish.

Professional company and easy to deal with

Solar Wholesalers is a very professional and helpful company who we found easy to deal with. Their service was great, answering all the questions we had and tailoring the options to suit our needs. The installation process was very well organised, with the team arriving on site exactly as planned and keeping us informed throughout the day. Everything was taken care of and they left the site as clean and tidy as they found it. The installers also took the time to explain the system and step us through its operation and how to use the app to monitor the system. The system is excellent quality and is performing beyond their estimated output. Would highly recommend Solar Wholesalers.

Easy company to deal with.

This is the second time I have used Solar Wholesalers. The process from quote through, installation and after sale service is first class. I did my research prior to installing my systems and sought various quotes. They are competitive and provide the appropriate information you need to make good choices. I do recommend them.

Job well Done

No complaints Job well done and great communications. Very neat and tidy unit.

Perfection from start of process to delivery and follow up

Solar Wholesalers were brilliant throughout the whole process. The quote was provided promptly with questions answered rapidly and no "smoke and mirrors". All communication in relation to timing and installation was accurate and clearly spelt out. The installers all work for Solar Wholesalers and were all very friendly, clean and great to deal with. The customer services, delivery and follow up process has been outstanding and we are so happy with the service and team.

Looking forward to our first energy bill to see what the savings will be.

We thoroughly recommend Solar Wholesalers and thank them for making it a seamless installation.

Satisfied Customer

Solar Wholesalers were fantastic from start to finish. They made the whole process simple to understand whilst still providing all the information needed to make informed decisions. The installation process was efficient and the technicians made themselves available to us to organise the grid connection. I highly recommend Solar Wholesalers!

Excellent quality and service from the start

From the initial quoting process, Solar Wholesalers had excellent customer service and were thorough and honest in their recommendation for what our household needed. The installation process was quick and smooth and completed to a really high quality. We cannot fault the whole experience and outcome.

Great system. Fast & efficient installation

Company visited the house & set up a plan. The installation process was super fast & well organised. The system is professionally presented

Thank you to the whole Solar Wholesalers Team

We found Solar Wholesalers through the SolarQuotes website. They were one of three recommendations from SolarQuote.

Regarding the sales and quote process, Solar Wholesalers were easily the most responsive, clearly laid out and most well explained quote to deal with. Their pricing was competitive, but not the cheapest. We were more than happy with this because we wanted good value and a great job, not a cheap price.

Tim, Matt and Wes were our installation team and they did a fantastic job. Very punctual, professional, courteous and tidy.
The majority of panels are clearly visible on our tiled garage roof and their attention to detail, alignment of the panels and channels was spot on.

All of Solar Wholesaler's administration and customer service staff have been also been professional, courteous, efficient and a pleasure to deal with.

Highly recommended to anyone considering Solar Power!

Quality install, easy process and friendly service

Service was great by both the sales person and the installers. Friendly, efficient, accomodating and installed ahead of schedule.

Finished product is quality and discreet.

Great service, installation and follow up!

Being a local family owned business in Mt Barker this company really showed its value during all parts of the process. Always friendly and ready to listen I very much appreciated the approach.

Great Service

We were really impressed with the quick response to our solar quote and were able to keep the
system affordable for us.

Really friendly staff and the installation went well and were there when they said they would be,
they explained everything to us so we could understand the way the system would work.

Excellent install and service from Solar Wholesalers

Solar Wholesalers provided an excellent service, particularly the thorough introduction, quote and site inspection, followed up with smooth install and prompt responses to questions through the process and after the install.

Awesome workmanship. Very professional and friendly installers

Sales/quoting excellent
Installation - very happy with the work carried out, polite, friendly and professional
Customer service was excellent- they did help organise the grid connection.

Highly recommend. Professional service and install.

Sales and quoting process was extremely professional. The installation was well organized and on time. We had a couple of issues no fault of the installers but older home. This was after a quick phone call by the installers, fixed and sorted asap. Organized everything and grid connection as well. Highly recommend.

Happy Customer

Informative, polite and personable. Early days as the system has been in for a week. I opted for a larger system as my house is 2 storey with 4 bedrooms. My first electricity bill was $1600 ( due to a 14kw reverse cycle unit) in this new house and I can see immediately on my AGL usage graph that I am being credited or only using a minimal amount of power. Next step is for the batteries to become more affordable and efficient for night time usage.

Super happy!

This is our second solar system. We were looking to replace an aging 13yo system. We began our solar journey by obtaining a quote through Origin. Without any knowledge, we thought the quote from Origin was OK. It was offering $1,000 discount off the unit, with interest free terms. Thankfully a friend recommended Solar Quotes and I explored the Solar Quotes page.

We were referred to Solar Wholesalers and another installer from Solar Quotes. Solar Wholesalers came back to us that same day: a chat over the phone as to what we were thinking and later provided a quote with photo of our house from Near Map of how the system would look, the following day. Of interest, the quote was approx $500 cheaper than our first Origin quote.

Investigating and reading information from Solar Quotes, we learned about inverters and panels. This is where Solar Wholesalers shone through!

Solar Wholesalers quote included a Fronius inverter (in the words of Solar Quotes, the "BMW of inverters") and Origin were quoting for a Goodwe Inverter (or compared to as a "Kia model").
We definately wanted the Fronius inverter.

We also loved that Solar Wholesalers area a local SA company with years of experience and employ their own installers....not sub contracted out like other installers.

Solar Wholesalers removed our old system, including wiring, and took it away for disposal.

From the initial phone call to installation took 4 weeks. We were up and running to the grid on the day of installation.

Everything went smoothly. We found Solar Wholesalers were courteous, knowledgeable and nothing was too much trouble.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Solar Wholesalers.

Found the entire dealings with Solar Wholesalers to be fantastic. They did all the leg work required and the follow up and workmanship was first class. Would definitely recommend them.

The Sales quoting process was quick and seamless. The sales team and installers were very professional. They organised all the connections to the grid and the follow us was first class.

Great company

From start to finish solar wholesalers were a great company to deal with. All my questions were answered promptly during the quoting process. On the day of install the installers arrived on time and did a great quality install. The black racking used to match black frames of the panels was a nice touch which looks really good compared to the silver racking used by most companies.
If your looking for solar this is the company to go with. Great quality system at a competitive price with great service.

Easy process, friendly staff

Overall a very easy process, kept informed and delivered as described and agreed

Solar installation

The Solar Wholesalers team have been amazing from enquiry to installation and followup.

I was doubtful about the benefit of installing a solar system, but Solar Wholesalers representative was patient and explanatory about what the solar installation would mean for us.

The entire process has been professional and seamless. At all times we have felt informed and included.

The installation experience has been wonderful. The team that arrived to install the system were professional, considerate and explained exactly what was going to happen. In fact, I hardly knew they were here.

We are already seeing the benefits of the solar install.

I highly recommend Solar Wholesalers to anyone thinking about installing a solar system.

Installation was on time and very professional, excellent follow up service, overall very happy with product and service.

Solar Installation by Solar Wholesalers

I have found the whole process of quoting, arranging, installation, & follow up, very professional in all aspects.
A well run business selling a quality product.

Couldn't have gone smoother

The whole process was a breeze. Despite the whole quote process being online and raising concern about error, it all worked out efficiently and without any hiccups. Mark answered all my questions and we even looked at several different system sizes and layouts on the house. The pricing for the 10.73kW system I ended up getting was competitive so this helped make a choice.

Installation went smoothly - they use their own resources so they are not reliant on contractors. They asked me where I wanted my inverter and confirmed the panel layout with me and then set off to work. Job started at about 9 and wrapped up at about 4 - this was with 29 panels across 3 sections and the inverter. Not too disruptive given the process and also cleaned up afterwards.

All round, the whole process was great from start to finish, the pricing was competitive and the finished installation performs and looks great. Would recommend in the future.

Great local company

Customer service was great, good communication and everything was organised for me and installed well.

From start to finish Solar wholesalers were great.

From the start solar wholesalers were very informative. Customer service is outstanding, with great follow up on all queries and questions.
The installation team were professional from start to finish and very informative also.
Solar wholesalers organised everything and the installation was completed in a very short time frame.
Have recommended Solar wholesalers to a friend who also proceeded.

Solar & battery installation by Solar Wholesalers

From the 1st phone conversation, Solar Wholesalers provided us with informative advice, & sound industry knowledge regarding our new solar/battery storage system that we were wanting to install.

The quotation, & site inspection were done in a timely manner.

The installation process was seamless, with a proffessional team, making the whole experience easy for us. The installers were polite, & punctual. Considering our installation was done in the midst of winter, our home was left as clean as the moment they walked through our door that morning.

The office team displayed equal proficiency, ensuring every question was answered promptly.

Solar Wholesalers contacted our energy provider directly, to streamline our smart meter installation, grid connection to the network, & set up our Government solar entitlements.

We would highly recommend Solar Wholesalers to anyone wanting to set up solar.

As they've been in the industry for many years, just knowing that Solar Wholesalers will be there into the future offers us reassurance.
We have peace of mind knowing that they're only a phone call/email away.

Taking the guess work out of Solar.

From start to finish Solar Wholesaler's were a dream to deal with. From initial discussions and quoting to the install, they took care of everything and explained the whole process in everyday language. During the installation the guy's worked around me to minimise business disruption. They were friendly, informative and efficient. On completion the worksite was left spotless. Would strongly recommend them to anybody considering a solar installation. I am now looking forward to $0 bills and probably even credits. Thanks again.

Quick and easy

Very nice customer service and quick install. We’re very happy with the way we’ve been helped to choose our system and with how the install went.
They have walked us through solving some issues with our meter and also organised the grid connection with our retailer.
Workers were here on time and did a very clean job and were done by 4-5 pm.
All things considered we are very happy with our choice of installer.

Brilliant service from start to finish

Couldn't be happier with our experience with Solar Wholesalers, the whole process was simple and stress free.
Highly recommend them to anyone considering installing solar.

Awesome process

This is the second solar system you have installed for us, as with the first, this whole process from quote to the finished was awesome, your guys did a really great job, girls in the office kept me in the loop through the entire process, I have recommended your company to many friends and clients all who have been very satisfied.

Kind Regards Graham.

Excellent company to deal with.

This is the second time that we have had solar systems installed by Solar Wholesalers.(previous house at Aldgate, new house at Hahndorf). On both occasions the installers have been great. They are efficient, clean and tidy and very knowledgeable about the products. The office staff have been very helpful throughout the process, helping with all the required paperwork to get the system installed and operational. I highly recommend Solar Wholesalers.

Fantastic company

I’ve only recently had my solar put in so I can’t talk for the long term yet but so far so good
The service was efficient and the installers hardworking and lovely
The company was very easy to communicate with me and I believe I got good value for money
Definitely recommend

streamlined from inquiry to installation

Everything went well, I am very happy with the whole process. I have been looking at solar systems/ prices for a number of years now, and I decided now was the right time to install. Solar Wholesalers made the process very pleasant. Great job.

Excellent company.

I have moved three times and each time I have engaged solar wholesalers to design and install a solar system. The group has expert designers and installers and solid administrative backup. I have a ways been impressed by the overall service and confidence in the components used.

The BEST customer service

If there was ever an example of customer service that needs sharing, it has to be for Solar Wholesalers. The sales process was honest, factual and very informative.

The information provided in the lead up to install was spot on and very accommodating.

The guys who did the install were extremely friendly and polite and were actually enjoying their work, resulting in a great install
I have already told these guys verbally that it was a pleasure dealing with them - this review reiterates that…. Couldn’t be happier.

Original Review on 23-10-2020:

Great service, quantity work.

No hidden costs in quote, punctual, neat and tidy install and great follow up service. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Mark: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Performance is greater than expected. Great system.

Highly efficient installation and great customer service and follow up

The team at Solar Wholesalers were extremely professional from start to finish and have continued with follow up and after sales service.

Awesome company

The quoting and sale was very easy. Customer service was excellent! The install only took a day and It was up p and running. The team of installers-shout out to Jess-they were punctual, tidy and polite :)

I would strongly recommend Solar Wholesalers. They were recommended to me from several other people, and they didn’t disappoint!!

Bang on with the money.

Top quality 7.7kW system ( 21 Canadian Solar panels 370 watts with Fronius invertor ) Top notch installation ( Polite and Punctual ) Bang on with customer service ( via emails / email support and best of all local SA company )