Solar Wholesalers

Solar Wholesalers Reviews

Based in South Australia, Solar Wholesalers provides solar power systems to Adelaide as well as regional parts of the state. It was one of the first solar power companies to be established in the area.

Solar Wholesalers has been operational since 2007 and prides itself on offering reliable products to its customers.

Not only this, but Solar Wholesalers believes it is small enough to offer a personalised service, while big enough to have strong relationships with suppliers to offer competitive prices.

Reviewers report paying: $4,688 - $7,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solar Wholesalers Reviews (945)

Highly efficient installation and great customer service and follow up

The team at Solar Wholesalers were extremely professional from start to finish and have continued with follow up and after sales service.

Awesome company

The quoting and sale was very easy. Customer service was excellent! The install only took a day and It was up p and running. The team of installers-shout out to Jess-they were punctual, tidy and polite :)

I would strongly recommend Solar Wholesalers. They were recommended to me from several other people, and they didn’t disappoint!!

Bang on with the money.

Top quality 7.7kW system ( 21 Canadian Solar panels 370 watts with Fronius invertor ) Top notch installation ( Polite and Punctual ) Bang on with customer service ( via emails / email support and best of all local SA company )

Solar Wholesalers your best choice

Right from the first phone call through to the completion of the installation everything was carried out in the most professional manner. The things that stood out for us was the quality of the products installed, the neatness of the installers work and that they left the site as clean as when they arrived. Their attention to after sales service has been outstanding.

Highly recommend

Form initial quote to installation and beyond, I was very impressed with the level of professionalism and knowledge of everyone I communicated with at Solar Wholesalers. The installation team were fantastic; respectful, happy to answer any of my questions and did an amazing clean up job. Would happily recommend to friends and family.

Solar Wholesalers

The team were informative during quote period and answered all my questions and there was no pressure on me to decide. Install team were very polite and listened to what I wanted regarding installing the inverter. The site was left clean and tidy. The office arranged everything with power provider. Altogether a seamless process.

Sam Cranna was very informative and happily quoted me on several solar system options. The installers were very punctual, explained everything to us & made sure we were happy with everything before they commenced the installation. They rang us when they were finished & we had power going out onto the grid by lunchtime. As the system was installed during the house construction they said they would guide us through the set up of web monitoring once we have the internet connected. They also contacted our electricity supplier to organise the changeover of the meter (will see what happens there as we already have a smart meter installed with the new home build) Very happy with the whole process.

Original Review on 22-09-2020:

An ideal installer.

The sales process was helpful and not pushy.

The installers were punctual, friendly, did a neat job and left no mess. The electrician came back the next day (Saturday) to do the mains connection so that a power outage would not interrupt my wife working from home.

I couldn't ask any more of the customer service. The grid connection was taken care of, and they called after a couple of days in case we had any questions.

8 months later we asked Steven: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system's performance has exceeded our expectations. We're so pleased with it.

Stress free.

Highly recommend.
All aspects from quoting to installation to follow up were professionally done.
Small things like relocating our TV aerial to stop interference from the panels wasn't a problem.

Original Review on 11-09-2020:

Smooth and Professional Service

From the first contact to the installation this company inspired confidence. Every part of the process was made easy by their professional, friendly and approachable customer service. Original ratings

It certainly has. But obviously remains totally dependent on the continuation of reasonable Feed In Tariffs.

Simple process, great value

I cannot fault the install team or the sales office for the professional manner that they handled my purchase.

From the initial quote, the modifications, the purchase, the connection to the grid including arranging the modifications to the power meter and then install, everything was straightforward and understandable.

No question was ignored or given a less than complete answer.

I would easily recommend this company to my family and friends.

impressed

from quote to instalation they were resposive and posative. no presure calls, just answered q's promply and honestly. that was what i was after

Happy customer

Sales and quoting was very well explained 3 different quotes on different size solar systems
Installation was very good.
happy workers. Answered all my questions. And happy for me to sit and watch them work.
Explained the working process to me and after installation explained how the website worked so we could keep track of our solar progress. All of the grid applications was done prior to connection.

Correct system for our home

All correspondence was by email.
Answered any questions I had, not understanding the system
Recommended a different brand and type of panel than 3 other quotes I sourced as we have trees around our house that block the sun on the roof.
Happy with the installers

Perfect in every way

Everything ran smoothly and we were advised of the process and time it would take from the first day I rang to find out details. While we were able to get it done quicker due to a cancellation, everything was effortless in getting this quoted and installed. Very happy with the whole process

Fantastic Customer Service

The whole process from start to finish was absolutely outstanding. I don't normally write reviews (I think this is the first), but I feel very strongly that SolarWholesalers are to be congratulated on provided a fantastic customer experience. Very very happy with everything you have done for us.

Goin' Off Grid, well hopefully!

The team at Solar Wholesalers at Mt Barker in SA were great, right from the start, very informative to all my questions, even the dumb ones! I rang a few companies, all the information can be quite mind boggling, but Solar Wholesalers know their stuff and assured me what we was doing was going to be suitable for our needs. Ran us through the whole process, installed easily on the day, cleaned up afterwards and gave us a run through on how it works. So now just waiting patiently for my first bill to see what happens to the $$$.

They called when they said they would- came on time and always followed up when we had a question- very happy with the quality and service

Great local company to deal with

We've had a great experience overall with Solar Wholesalers.

While the initial quote / sales process was OK (not great), the service we've received since signing on has been faultless. We were actively updated throughout the process and told what to expect, and everything occurred when we were told it would.

The team of guys sent out to our installation were fantastic. All extremely polite, professional and courteous, and super efficient (given the complexity of our install).

So far the system is working as intended, but it's early days so we'll monitor and see how it goes in the coming months. But overall we highly recommend the Solar Wholesalers team. We were keen to support a local business and very glad we did.

Highly Recommended

From the initial phone call through to the final installation of our solar system we have very impressed by Solar Wholesalers employees professionalism to ensure we were fully informed and entirely happy with the installation. A local company, employing local employees, using their own trades and canadian solar panels at a competitive price were major factors in our decision to use Solar Wholesalers.

Smooth Operators

We chose Solar Wholesalers because of their professionalism, promptness and informative sales process. This gave us the confidence we needed to choose an appropriate solution to meet our needs and confidence in Solar Wholesaler's ability to install that solution. They provided excellent guidance and coordination of the process leading up to the installation that was completed in a single day and without any incidents (despite a very rainy start to the day). Thanks very much to the team at Solar Wholesalers

1st Class from start to finish....

From the very first phone call right through to the after sales follow up call, Solar Wholesalers where first class. They did everything they said they were going to do on time, with great communication and service. Highly recommend these guys.

Very useful

The companies and sale persons are all very helpful and friendly, at the end I used the company which my friend used, the company was recommended to my friend by solarquotes too.

Great communication and professional service

The quoting process was simple and easy.
The technicians were friendly, knowledgeable and efficient.
The admin staff were attentive and easy to work with.

Excellent experience from Solar Wholesalers

Right from the time Solar Wholesalers quoted us to install our solar system the whole process flowed very easily. They were very efficient and informative as to options to choose from and supplied very detailed written quotes. They organised everything with the power company and arranged the date of installation to suit us.
We were very impressed with the careful way the work was done, the politeness of the crew and the tidy way they worked. It was a pleasure to do business with them and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to install solar.

Great product, amazing experience

Everything was handled professionally and overall the experience exceeded our expectations

Exactly what you need then to be. Great service.

After plowing through the mine field of solar information and reviews and getting 4 different quotes, I chose Solar Wholesale because my instinct told me they would be the best option. I wasn't wrong, the entire experience was great. The system wasn't the cheapest quote I got, but I wanted to pay a bit extra for good quality components and better service. I definitely got that.

The quote process was easy and once we looked to proceed, a technician came out to assess the job fully and ensure there were no unforseen issues that would add extra cost.

The crew on the day were great and worked really hard to get a large system completed quickly and efficiently. They also left nothing behind and left everything tidy. They all seemed like decent blokes, polite, helpful and respectful.

Once it was fitted they took the time to make sure I could access the fronius app, so I could view my electricity use and generation. They also explained the invertor system well and how to power it all down if needed.

I called the office mid morning after the smart meter was installed to have them come and change the programming to export into the grid. An electrician stopped by on his way home from work the same day to do it.

There was a minor admin hiccup that was resolved with one phone call.

All of the dealings with the admin staff were great. The installers are backed up by really good people back at the office. They organised the meter changeover process entirely.

The system is large, but it currently powers all of our daytime energy consumption and still exports about 25kw to the grid per day.

I would recommend Solar Wholesale to anyone looking for great service, quality components, quality installation, good advice and reliable warranties. 10/10.

An excellent value for money experience from start to finish

Solar Wholesalers are an outstanding company who provide great service and value for money. They're on call when you need them and their team of installers are friendly, knowledgable and hard working. I would definitely recommend them. Thanks team.

A job well done

From the initial phone call on making enquiries we found Solar Wholesalers most helpful.
After a detailed discussion a fully explained quote was received and on payment of a deposit we were guided through how the system would operate with all our questions answered in detail.
The installation was carried out in an efficient manner and was made to fit with our scheduled activities.The young men who did the installation were polite and left the site clean and tidy.
Help was also provided with the grid connection as well as how to monitor usage. All in all a most satisfactory outcome to be recommended to anybody considering solar installation.

Very satisfied with the overall experience

Easy company to work with. Good solid advice provided, no spin. Punctual, extremely neat and tidy installation with no fuss, great follow-up. Very responsive.

First Class

Right from the initial contact by Sam, the two quotes were received within a day. No pushy sales tactics. Installation was within a couple of weeks of signing up due to the rescheduling by another customer. Installation went like clockwork, were on the job when they said and at the end, workings of the system was explained. This was a replacement of a 1kWh system of 12 years old, so main infrastructure was already there and utilized. Everyone involved was very nice and genuinely seemed happy in the job they performed. Everything was cleaned up afterwards and considerate of walking on the roof so not to break any tiles. Aftersales service is great, making sure everything went to plan and that we were happy with the whole process. We certainly are happy!! Would highly recommend Solar Wholesalers and they are local too.

A Straightforward and Pleasant Process

Dealing with Solar Wholesalers was a pleasure. They quickly booked in installation for us at the end of our house build. The installers were friendly and professional, and took the time to explain everything and confirm all the details of the installation. There were no real issues - everything was working when I came to inspect. It would have been nice if they could have provided an operating manual for the inverter, but I suppose I can find this online easily enough.

Bill and Jill

Whole process from quote to instillation was straight forward and simple.

Great solar installation

Solar Wholesalers provided great service in their installation of our solar system. They were responsive to my questions and flexible in terms of panel placement. The install was completed professionally and on time.

Great installer

Great service. Was kept informed throughout the process and any questions that came up were answered promptly.
Install team were fantastic, friendly and enthusiastic. Job done in a day. Weren't able to install exactly as planned but solutions were found quickly and efficiently to overcome the small unexpected issues that arose.
Electricity meter changed approx. two weeks after the install, phoned the office to let them know, and someone was round the next day to make the necessary adjustments to the inverter.
Would highly recommend.

Stress free installation and all aspects covered by Solar Wholesalers. Highly recommend this business

I did my research so knew what the quote entailed and was very happy with price quoted and choice of panels used and Inverter. I needed a new Smart metre but Colleen from Solar Wholesalers took care of everything including follow up on the day and sending out a service rep to explain the Fronius App to me. I feel secure that if anything does go wrong Solar Wholesalers will know about it before I do with their continuous monitoring, I love looking up the App and seeing how much power is going back to the grid, savings for me!!

Polite and efficient

For our Solar Installation we were communicated with at every step of the process.
Time was given for discussing every aspect of the installation before going ahead and where changes were needed we were continually updated.
The work men were polite, efficient and answered questions readily.
The time spent explaining the web monitoring was greatly appreciated.

Great service, excellent communication

I chose this company for our new build as the customer service, communication was great And a good quality product was provided for a competitive price. Our home hasn’t started building yet.

Thanks

Great local service. Friendly service from all. Detailed quote, seemed to know their stuff for our area.

Future Benefits

Very happy with the customer service all way through this process. The Installers were great. I could not fault them and they were quite happy to help install the program on my computer. I must add that I really appreciate the daily info I can check on the computer. It lets me also know my daily usage and savings. Many thanks to your company.

Best looking panels in our street.

Everything went perfectly & we have the neatest looking panels in our street (no unsightly brackets etc).

Installation was a breeze by polite professional installers.

A Great experience, from quote to install /Followup

A great company to get Solar Installed.

From solar system options/quotes, through to installation by the in house team and then followup along the way with the admin team. Would recommend Solar Wholesalers for your next retail install.
Shane.

Extremely happy

The whole process was much easier than I had anticipated. The communication from the start was excellent. The installers were polite, friendly and happy to explain everything to us. Would definitely recommend Solar Wholesalers to anyone looking to install solar

All round exceptional

Everyone here was great to deal with, my Quote was emailed very quickly and was well priced. We did our due diligence and found the price and components offered was second to none!
Installation was done with in the time estimated, the staff installing the system arrived on time and did a great job! System is working perfectly!

Completely happy so far

From the start they made it easy and clear of the processes involved and the system I would be most suited to.
Once I decided to go ahead it was organised and communicated well with the installation process.
The installers were exceptional. Polite, friendly and happy to explain any question I had.
It’s been about 4 weeks and I’m starting to see the results coming from my solar system.
Couldn’t be happier so far and would recommend Solar wholesalers to anybody looking to install solar.

Fantastic Install

Very happy to use solar wholesalers for the second time . The installers were very friendly and very informative. Would definitely recommend. Easy from start to finish .

Professional Business

Installation team was very professional & customer service has been great!

Highly recommended!

We were recommended Solar Wholesalers from our friends that had their system isntalled by this company. We were happy they were local and also had good reviews online. When we asked for a quote they were really prompt and provided us with loads of information particularly for our circumstances as we have a low sloping roof. They ended up fitting us in earlier than we thought which was great and as soon as our smart meter was installed they came out that afternoon to switch the meter over so we could start exporting to the grid.

The people that came out to install the panels arrived on time, explained to us a few slight variations to the panel layout to that would improve system performance and were extremely helpful and hard working. The whole process was really smooth and they were all highly professional throughout, including the admin/customer service staff in the office.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Solar Wholesalers for anyone looking for a quality solar installation.

Great Service and Quality

Quoting process was a breeze. We received our quote within a week.
The installation was done on time and far quicker than we thought. The guys doing the job were very friendly and helpful.
The follow up with information and guidance was also very fast and efficient. We had a couple of queries which were handled promptly. They contacted us as soon as we were on the grid to make sure that everything was working correctly.

Superb customer service

Solar Wholesalers were recommended to us by a neighbour. They fully lived up to the recommendation, being polite and attentive to every detail. The whole process took place very quickly and smoothly, I was kept informed throughout but all the details were handled efficiently by them.