Solar Wholesalers

Solar Wholesalers Reviews

Based in South Australia, Solar Wholesalers provides solar power systems to Adelaide as well as regional parts of the state. It was one of the first solar power companies to be established in the area.

Solar Wholesalers has been operational since 2007 and prides itself on offering reliable products to its customers.

Not only this, but Solar Wholesalers believes it is small enough to offer a personalised service, while big enough to have strong relationships with suppliers to offer competitive prices.

Reviewers report paying: $4,688 - $7,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solar Wholesalers Reviews (969)

Excellent install and service from Solar Wholesalers

Solar Wholesalers provided an excellent service, particularly the thorough introduction, quote and site inspection, followed up with smooth install and prompt responses to questions through the process and after the install.

Awesome workmanship. Very professional and friendly installers

Sales/quoting excellent
Installation - very happy with the work carried out, polite, friendly and professional
Customer service was excellent- they did help organise the grid connection.

Highly recommend. Professional service and install.

Sales and quoting process was extremely professional. The installation was well organized and on time. We had a couple of issues no fault of the installers but older home. This was after a quick phone call by the installers, fixed and sorted asap. Organized everything and grid connection as well. Highly recommend.

Happy Customer

Informative, polite and personable. Early days as the system has been in for a week. I opted for a larger system as my house is 2 storey with 4 bedrooms. My first electricity bill was $1600 ( due to a 14kw reverse cycle unit) in this new house and I can see immediately on my AGL usage graph that I am being credited or only using a minimal amount of power. Next step is for the batteries to become more affordable and efficient for night time usage.

Super happy!

This is our second solar system. We were looking to replace an aging 13yo system. We began our solar journey by obtaining a quote through Origin. Without any knowledge, we thought the quote from Origin was OK. It was offering $1,000 discount off the unit, with interest free terms. Thankfully a friend recommended Solar Quotes and I explored the Solar Quotes page.

We were referred to Solar Wholesalers and another installer from Solar Quotes. Solar Wholesalers came back to us that same day: a chat over the phone as to what we were thinking and later provided a quote with photo of our house from Near Map of how the system would look, the following day. Of interest, the quote was approx $500 cheaper than our first Origin quote.

Investigating and reading information from Solar Quotes, we learned about inverters and panels. This is where Solar Wholesalers shone through!

Solar Wholesalers quote included a Fronius inverter (in the words of Solar Quotes, the "BMW of inverters") and Origin were quoting for a Goodwe Inverter (or compared to as a "Kia model").
We definately wanted the Fronius inverter.

We also loved that Solar Wholesalers area a local SA company with years of experience and employ their own installers....not sub contracted out like other installers.

Solar Wholesalers removed our old system, including wiring, and took it away for disposal.

From the initial phone call to installation took 4 weeks. We were up and running to the grid on the day of installation.

Everything went smoothly. We found Solar Wholesalers were courteous, knowledgeable and nothing was too much trouble.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Solar Wholesalers.

Found the entire dealings with Solar Wholesalers to be fantastic. They did all the leg work required and the follow up and workmanship was first class. Would definitely recommend them.

The Sales quoting process was quick and seamless. The sales team and installers were very professional. They organised all the connections to the grid and the follow us was first class.

Great company

From start to finish solar wholesalers were a great company to deal with. All my questions were answered promptly during the quoting process. On the day of install the installers arrived on time and did a great quality install. The black racking used to match black frames of the panels was a nice touch which looks really good compared to the silver racking used by most companies.
If your looking for solar this is the company to go with. Great quality system at a competitive price with great service.

Easy process, friendly staff

Overall a very easy process, kept informed and delivered as described and agreed

Solar installation

The Solar Wholesalers team have been amazing from enquiry to installation and followup.

I was doubtful about the benefit of installing a solar system, but Solar Wholesalers representative was patient and explanatory about what the solar installation would mean for us.

The entire process has been professional and seamless. At all times we have felt informed and included.

The installation experience has been wonderful. The team that arrived to install the system were professional, considerate and explained exactly what was going to happen. In fact, I hardly knew they were here.

We are already seeing the benefits of the solar install.

I highly recommend Solar Wholesalers to anyone thinking about installing a solar system.

Installation was on time and very professional, excellent follow up service, overall very happy with product and service.

Solar Installation by Solar Wholesalers

I have found the whole process of quoting, arranging, installation, & follow up, very professional in all aspects.
A well run business selling a quality product.

Couldn't have gone smoother

The whole process was a breeze. Despite the whole quote process being online and raising concern about error, it all worked out efficiently and without any hiccups. Mark answered all my questions and we even looked at several different system sizes and layouts on the house. The pricing for the 10.73kW system I ended up getting was competitive so this helped make a choice.

Installation went smoothly - they use their own resources so they are not reliant on contractors. They asked me where I wanted my inverter and confirmed the panel layout with me and then set off to work. Job started at about 9 and wrapped up at about 4 - this was with 29 panels across 3 sections and the inverter. Not too disruptive given the process and also cleaned up afterwards.

All round, the whole process was great from start to finish, the pricing was competitive and the finished installation performs and looks great. Would recommend in the future.

Great local company

Customer service was great, good communication and everything was organised for me and installed well.

From start to finish Solar wholesalers were great.

From the start solar wholesalers were very informative. Customer service is outstanding, with great follow up on all queries and questions.
The installation team were professional from start to finish and very informative also.
Solar wholesalers organised everything and the installation was completed in a very short time frame.
Have recommended Solar wholesalers to a friend who also proceeded.

Solar & battery installation by Solar Wholesalers

From the 1st phone conversation, Solar Wholesalers provided us with informative advice, & sound industry knowledge regarding our new solar/battery storage system that we were wanting to install.

The quotation, & site inspection were done in a timely manner.

The installation process was seamless, with a proffessional team, making the whole experience easy for us. The installers were polite, & punctual. Considering our installation was done in the midst of winter, our home was left as clean as the moment they walked through our door that morning.

The office team displayed equal proficiency, ensuring every question was answered promptly.

Solar Wholesalers contacted our energy provider directly, to streamline our smart meter installation, grid connection to the network, & set up our Government solar entitlements.

We would highly recommend Solar Wholesalers to anyone wanting to set up solar.

As they've been in the industry for many years, just knowing that Solar Wholesalers will be there into the future offers us reassurance.
We have peace of mind knowing that they're only a phone call/email away.

Taking the guess work out of Solar.

From start to finish Solar Wholesaler's were a dream to deal with. From initial discussions and quoting to the install, they took care of everything and explained the whole process in everyday language. During the installation the guy's worked around me to minimise business disruption. They were friendly, informative and efficient. On completion the worksite was left spotless. Would strongly recommend them to anybody considering a solar installation. I am now looking forward to $0 bills and probably even credits. Thanks again.

Quick and easy

Very nice customer service and quick install. We’re very happy with the way we’ve been helped to choose our system and with how the install went.
They have walked us through solving some issues with our meter and also organised the grid connection with our retailer.
Workers were here on time and did a very clean job and were done by 4-5 pm.
All things considered we are very happy with our choice of installer.

Brilliant service from start to finish

Couldn't be happier with our experience with Solar Wholesalers, the whole process was simple and stress free.
Highly recommend them to anyone considering installing solar.

Awesome process

This is the second solar system you have installed for us, as with the first, this whole process from quote to the finished was awesome, your guys did a really great job, girls in the office kept me in the loop through the entire process, I have recommended your company to many friends and clients all who have been very satisfied.

Kind Regards Graham.

Excellent company to deal with.

This is the second time that we have had solar systems installed by Solar Wholesalers.(previous house at Aldgate, new house at Hahndorf). On both occasions the installers have been great. They are efficient, clean and tidy and very knowledgeable about the products. The office staff have been very helpful throughout the process, helping with all the required paperwork to get the system installed and operational. I highly recommend Solar Wholesalers.

Fantastic company

I’ve only recently had my solar put in so I can’t talk for the long term yet but so far so good
The service was efficient and the installers hardworking and lovely
The company was very easy to communicate with me and I believe I got good value for money
Definitely recommend

streamlined from inquiry to installation

Everything went well, I am very happy with the whole process. I have been looking at solar systems/ prices for a number of years now, and I decided now was the right time to install. Solar Wholesalers made the process very pleasant. Great job.

Excellent company.

I have moved three times and each time I have engaged solar wholesalers to design and install a solar system. The group has expert designers and installers and solid administrative backup. I have a ways been impressed by the overall service and confidence in the components used.

The BEST customer service

If there was ever an example of customer service that needs sharing, it has to be for Solar Wholesalers. The sales process was honest, factual and very informative.

The information provided in the lead up to install was spot on and very accommodating.

The guys who did the install were extremely friendly and polite and were actually enjoying their work, resulting in a great install
I have already told these guys verbally that it was a pleasure dealing with them - this review reiterates that…. Couldn’t be happier.

Original Review on 23-10-2020:

Great service, quantity work.

No hidden costs in quote, punctual, neat and tidy install and great follow up service. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Mark: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Performance is greater than expected. Great system.

Highly efficient installation and great customer service and follow up

The team at Solar Wholesalers were extremely professional from start to finish and have continued with follow up and after sales service.

Awesome company

The quoting and sale was very easy. Customer service was excellent! The install only took a day and It was up p and running. The team of installers-shout out to Jess-they were punctual, tidy and polite :)

I would strongly recommend Solar Wholesalers. They were recommended to me from several other people, and they didn’t disappoint!!

Bang on with the money.

Top quality 7.7kW system ( 21 Canadian Solar panels 370 watts with Fronius invertor ) Top notch installation ( Polite and Punctual ) Bang on with customer service ( via emails / email support and best of all local SA company )

Solar Wholesalers your best choice

Right from the first phone call through to the completion of the installation everything was carried out in the most professional manner. The things that stood out for us was the quality of the products installed, the neatness of the installers work and that they left the site as clean as when they arrived. Their attention to after sales service has been outstanding.

Highly recommend

Form initial quote to installation and beyond, I was very impressed with the level of professionalism and knowledge of everyone I communicated with at Solar Wholesalers. The installation team were fantastic; respectful, happy to answer any of my questions and did an amazing clean up job. Would happily recommend to friends and family.

Solar Wholesalers

The team were informative during quote period and answered all my questions and there was no pressure on me to decide. Install team were very polite and listened to what I wanted regarding installing the inverter. The site was left clean and tidy. The office arranged everything with power provider. Altogether a seamless process.

Sam Cranna was very informative and happily quoted me on several solar system options. The installers were very punctual, explained everything to us & made sure we were happy with everything before they commenced the installation. They rang us when they were finished & we had power going out onto the grid by lunchtime. As the system was installed during the house construction they said they would guide us through the set up of web monitoring once we have the internet connected. They also contacted our electricity supplier to organise the changeover of the meter (will see what happens there as we already have a smart meter installed with the new home build) Very happy with the whole process.

Original Review on 22-09-2020:

An ideal installer.

The sales process was helpful and not pushy.

The installers were punctual, friendly, did a neat job and left no mess. The electrician came back the next day (Saturday) to do the mains connection so that a power outage would not interrupt my wife working from home.

I couldn't ask any more of the customer service. The grid connection was taken care of, and they called after a couple of days in case we had any questions.

8 months later we asked Steven: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system's performance has exceeded our expectations. We're so pleased with it.

Stress free.

Highly recommend.
All aspects from quoting to installation to follow up were professionally done.
Small things like relocating our TV aerial to stop interference from the panels wasn't a problem.

Original Review on 11-09-2020:

Smooth and Professional Service

From the first contact to the installation this company inspired confidence. Every part of the process was made easy by their professional, friendly and approachable customer service. Original ratings

It certainly has. But obviously remains totally dependent on the continuation of reasonable Feed In Tariffs.

Simple process, great value

I cannot fault the install team or the sales office for the professional manner that they handled my purchase.

From the initial quote, the modifications, the purchase, the connection to the grid including arranging the modifications to the power meter and then install, everything was straightforward and understandable.

No question was ignored or given a less than complete answer.

I would easily recommend this company to my family and friends.

impressed

from quote to instalation they were resposive and posative. no presure calls, just answered q's promply and honestly. that was what i was after

Happy customer

Sales and quoting was very well explained 3 different quotes on different size solar systems
Installation was very good.
happy workers. Answered all my questions. And happy for me to sit and watch them work.
Explained the working process to me and after installation explained how the website worked so we could keep track of our solar progress. All of the grid applications was done prior to connection.

Correct system for our home

All correspondence was by email.
Answered any questions I had, not understanding the system
Recommended a different brand and type of panel than 3 other quotes I sourced as we have trees around our house that block the sun on the roof.
Happy with the installers

Perfect in every way

Everything ran smoothly and we were advised of the process and time it would take from the first day I rang to find out details. While we were able to get it done quicker due to a cancellation, everything was effortless in getting this quoted and installed. Very happy with the whole process

Fantastic Customer Service

The whole process from start to finish was absolutely outstanding. I don't normally write reviews (I think this is the first), but I feel very strongly that SolarWholesalers are to be congratulated on provided a fantastic customer experience. Very very happy with everything you have done for us.

Goin' Off Grid, well hopefully!

The team at Solar Wholesalers at Mt Barker in SA were great, right from the start, very informative to all my questions, even the dumb ones! I rang a few companies, all the information can be quite mind boggling, but Solar Wholesalers know their stuff and assured me what we was doing was going to be suitable for our needs. Ran us through the whole process, installed easily on the day, cleaned up afterwards and gave us a run through on how it works. So now just waiting patiently for my first bill to see what happens to the $$$.

They called when they said they would- came on time and always followed up when we had a question- very happy with the quality and service

Great local company to deal with

We've had a great experience overall with Solar Wholesalers.

While the initial quote / sales process was OK (not great), the service we've received since signing on has been faultless. We were actively updated throughout the process and told what to expect, and everything occurred when we were told it would.

The team of guys sent out to our installation were fantastic. All extremely polite, professional and courteous, and super efficient (given the complexity of our install).

So far the system is working as intended, but it's early days so we'll monitor and see how it goes in the coming months. But overall we highly recommend the Solar Wholesalers team. We were keen to support a local business and very glad we did.

Highly Recommended

From the initial phone call through to the final installation of our solar system we have very impressed by Solar Wholesalers employees professionalism to ensure we were fully informed and entirely happy with the installation. A local company, employing local employees, using their own trades and canadian solar panels at a competitive price were major factors in our decision to use Solar Wholesalers.

Smooth Operators

We chose Solar Wholesalers because of their professionalism, promptness and informative sales process. This gave us the confidence we needed to choose an appropriate solution to meet our needs and confidence in Solar Wholesaler's ability to install that solution. They provided excellent guidance and coordination of the process leading up to the installation that was completed in a single day and without any incidents (despite a very rainy start to the day). Thanks very much to the team at Solar Wholesalers

1st Class from start to finish....

From the very first phone call right through to the after sales follow up call, Solar Wholesalers where first class. They did everything they said they were going to do on time, with great communication and service. Highly recommend these guys.

Very useful

The companies and sale persons are all very helpful and friendly, at the end I used the company which my friend used, the company was recommended to my friend by solarquotes too.

Great communication and professional service

The quoting process was simple and easy.
The technicians were friendly, knowledgeable and efficient.
The admin staff were attentive and easy to work with.

Excellent experience from Solar Wholesalers

Right from the time Solar Wholesalers quoted us to install our solar system the whole process flowed very easily. They were very efficient and informative as to options to choose from and supplied very detailed written quotes. They organised everything with the power company and arranged the date of installation to suit us.
We were very impressed with the careful way the work was done, the politeness of the crew and the tidy way they worked. It was a pleasure to do business with them and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to install solar.