Solaray Energy Pty Ltd Reviews

About Solaray Energy Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd
Gold Partner
Solaray Energy Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 80 103 836 497  ABN active since 01 Apr 2003 | Solaray Energy Pty Ltd
ACN: 103 836 497  ACN active since 24 Feb 2003 | Solaray Energy Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 244921C Solaray Energy Pty Ltd

Estimated pricing for system: $7,390 - $10,500 depending on hardware choice ( how is this calculated? )

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd is one of the leaders in the renewable energy market and has a proven track record when it comes to providing households with energy reduction solutions. It prides itself on offering a reliable, honest and trustworthy service that follows the strictest professional standards.

Customers can expect high quality products at competitive prices - the company is a member of the Clean Energy Council.

Customers who sign up with Solaray Energy Pty Ltd can be assured that all the necessary paperwork will be taken care of to ensure they receive all the government rebates and incentives they are entitled to.

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Fantastic Service and Exceeding Expectations

Salaray sales staff were organised and provided all the information requested within agreed time frame. After receiving several quotes, Solaray discounted the install cost which secured the sale (I was already set on Solarary, It's always a good idea to ask for a better price). Quotes were provided on the same day in writing.

The third party installation team were on time, professional, and raised a layout concerns before hand as quotation was done without an onsite visit. No major changes to original design as the install team was able to adjust the layout to get all the panels on a low pitch roof (granny flat). The team tested the systems and provided a quick power production demo from the Envoy monitoring system.

The customer service provided by Solaray was fantastic. They work closely with my energy supplier, Energy Locals, and have provided them with all the details required.

I also spoke to Energy Locals to organise the meter upgrade before hand. Solaray also organised my Envoy system monitoring account via the vendor and I can monitor my power production and consumption. I'm producing more power than expected.

Considerate and Never Pushy

Steve from Solar Ray was very considerate and answered all questions, He never pushed us to sign just tried to answer anything we had and help us out our minds at ease. Installation went well without any hitches and we were always kept informed. Show additional information

Best quality system

I went with Solaray as they are authorised by LG to instal their panels. My 6.65kw system of 19 LG 350w panels installed in a reasonable time after the contract was signed.
Maddie was great in terms of communication and was quick to respond to my queries.
Installation could not be carried out on the day as the same installation contractor was assigned my neighbours job as well and the electrician was not willing to go on the roof of my double storey home!
So I took a day off from work, stayed home and was disappointed that my installation did not even commence.
It then had to be rescheduled to next week and Solaray got another contractor to install. 80% of the work was done on this occasion and the panels could not be installed due to windy conditions which I understand.
Finally, the system is now installed and I can’t wait to see it in action.
Overall a good experience except the installation delay which made me a bit nervous.
Hopefully, everything goes well from her including after sales service.

Solaray - Excellent Communication and Service

Solaray did a great job installing and monitoring my system. Not the cheapest, but excellent components and after sales service and installation communication was very good. On monitoring my system they discovered 4 micro-inverters that were faulty and quickly replaced them. The Enphase on line monitoring system is great and I can monitor the performance of my system at any time on line. Happy to recommend Solaray. They were easy to deal with and even made changes to the system at my request. Show additional information

Good experience

Solaray gave good technical advice about the different systems, no pressure to choose a particular brand or type of system. Great follow up support after installation. Installer was professional, quick and neat. Show additional information

Good quality

Install and service prior to install was good. They answered all my questions. They have used SS bolts and 100mm clearance brackets for the roof. But it took me 2 weeks of chasing them and 3 attempts by their installers to get the enphase system reporting properly. The sales guy pushed me to the operations guy, the operations guy pushed me to the installer. It was a circular chasing method to get what I wanted in the end. Show additional information

Very helpful company to deal with.

Sales and quoting service was really good. Installers were punctual, tidy and very nice to deal with. Show additional information

Seamless purchase and installation process.

Steve in sales at Solaray, was a big help in deciding which panels/inverter combination to use.
We chose 24 LG Neon2 345 watt panels, with 24 Enphase IQ7Plus inverters. 14 panels facing north and 5 panels each facing east and west on the gable.
Rebecca and Tammy kept me well informed throughout every step ofthe purchase and installation.
Kevin and his installation team arrived at 8:00 AM and completed the job about 3:00 PM, with the new panels delivering power!

Best quality system, but installation is average.

The solar panel installed on my roof is so closed to the gutter (north face)( The western sideI was ok) I just found out later, when it was done and they left. They should let me know first if I agree with that, they didn't. Show additional information

Fantastic job

Everything from the quoting process to installation was excellent. So far it's working very well and the Enlighten monitoring is great as well. Show additional information

great price & info. Attentive sales person & fast efficient installation.

Salesperson 1st rate, best quote by some way with punctual installation & assistance when required. Show additional information
Good quote straight up , great communication before and after install.very friendly and helpful. Good installers. Excellent system working perfectly... cheers.. Show additional information
Far too many conflicting ideas and configurations on offer with too many variables in price and quality of products.
I found your website very informative for me to be able to make the decision to go with Enphase 1Q7 microinverters and monitoring and better quality solar panels.
I compromised on size a bit to be within my preferred budget but I hope that the system I chose will give me some relief from high and rising energy costs.
So far so good. Only time will tell.

Beautiful installation

Sales process was good. Lead time was only two weeks. They did offer installation within one week but I was not ready.
The installation team were efficient and quick.
Customer service was good i.e. I organised the replacement of the meter with my provider. Solaray organised the grid connection and approvals.

All talk and no follow through

Excellent throughout the sale process and on site inspection.
However on instillation day the contractors decided not to install. No reason given but told Solaray would be in touch. No phone call by late afternoon so called and then told they where not sure why installation did not go ahead and where awaiting a report and would call the next day, they didn’t call.
Still waiting.

Professional Installation

From time of quote to final install Solaray were excellent. My only concern was no site visit prior install but all worked out in the end without a hitch. All questions and queries were answered and calls returned promptly. The installation was carried out within a week of paying deposit. Installation went without a hitch and installers were both efficient and courteous and explained all that was required and answered any questions we had. Solaray provided and partially completed relevant form required by our electricity provider to change Meter which was done within 3 weeks after installation. I found Solaray to be professional and courteous in our dealings and would recommend them to anyone after solar. Show additional information

Great for first purchase not good experience for upgrades & additions to system

Solaray are very unresponsive & takes forever to buy additional solar equipment from them. The systems installed work well & the support provided good if the right people are around but took months to get a panel fixed. They were excellent salespeople, installers, tecnical people with the first system we bought but since then very unresponsive. System was supposed to be installed today but installers decided all too difficult & have left after 5 hours & nothing installed. Solaray have promised to be back in 3 days to complete Show additional information
Purchased a 5.7kw system with trina panels and fronius 5kw inverter. Solaray were quick to install before xmas and after initial mix up with communicating, they were great in keeping me updated with the progress of the system and so far its been working great. Worth the extra amount for a quality system and didn't wait long to have it all set up. Show additional information
Very happy with the whole process. Decided to go with Solaray partly as they were the only company to quote for microinverters but also they appeared to have the most professional approach compared to the other installers. And we also based our decisions on the reviews they had received. So we've installed a 5kW system with LG NeON 2 panels and Enphase IQ 7+ microinverters. The installers arrived on time and the Enphase monitoring was being explained to me about 4 hours later. The system was installed just over 2 weeks ago and it's been performing better than expected with 30+ kWh produced on sunny days. I arranged for a digital meter to be installed and it was put on about 10 days after the system went in, but I wasn't expecting that to go in until the new year. So now we're being paid for our excess production. Sweet! Show additional information
vic govt solar grant was almost impossible too obtain sent all paperwork at least 3 times Show additional information
I am very grateful for the Solar Quotes input, We selected Solarray on the basis of excellent customer service and general sales support and techniques. Show additional information
My number one requirement was to have my usage data modelled to justify system and demonstrate payback. The solar industry has not earned a "just trust me" status to not have modelling as part of quotes. Only Solaray would do this. Show additional information
received no other quotes for microinverter system. So went with only quote, which also provided responsive quoting, and installation. Other companies were too busy to quote. Show additional information
We did a lot of research , including info supplied by Solar quotes website and once we knew exactly which system we wanted, we went with a supplier who gave us the best price and service.
You really do need to do your research as most suppliers are offering slightly different products.
Solar quotes website is invaluable.
Just to clarify, I received a quote from Solaray Energy, ( which for some reason is not listed as one of the companies that provided me a quote) for a battery only as i already have a solar system installed.
Of the 3 quotes that I was given, Solaray Energy gave the best price. After further investigations , reading reviews and forums etc , I decided to go with Solaray Energy.

I would like to say the Solaray Energy was an absolute pleasure to deal with. They answered all my inquiries from the get go.

After signing the contract, the installation coordinator kept me updated on when they where expecting to receive the powerwall 2 (they did mention at the beginning that there was about 4 weeks wait). Once they had stock, we scheduled a suitable date for the installation.

The installer came on the schedule day at the time specified. They were ready friendly and polite.

Hassle free, neat and tidy installation and they cleanup after themselves.
Highly recommend them.

Thanks
William
Not the cheapest but highest value for money when we did an in-depth analysis of cost vs quality. Also a big plus for having Australian salespeople. Show additional information
Thanks Finn your web site is outstanding, I was able to obtain 3 excellent quotes and settled for Solar Ray who were just fantastic highly recommended your web site and Solar Ray. 10 out 10. Show additional information

Good experience from start to finish: great communication, efficient and great value for money

They happened to be the first company I spoke with - I wasn't expecting the phone to be answered late on a Friday afternoon but it was. They were able to give me good options based on satellite imagery of my property there and then on the phone, which set me off to a good start. I subsequently spoke with a number of other companies (and fielded about 30 calls from Eurosolar which was quite annoying) but no others could hit the same sweet spot of service, components quality, and price, so decided to go ahead with Solaray.

Solaray were patient and flexible, being happy to provide quotations for 4 different sized systems while I worked to optimise my generation capacity and payback!

On installation day everything went ahead as planned, and their subcontract installers were courteous and efficient. They also arranged for someone else to attend on a different day to upgrade the electricity meter, and unfortunately there was a bit of a misunderstanding on the work and the price but Solaray were quick to resolve the situation to our satisfaction.

It's been in for over 18 months now and has been performing even better than expected with regular cashback from the electricity company. Solaray and solar power are great things!
I struggled with the decision about whether to use micro inverters or a string inverter due to the higher cost of microinverters. I eventually went for microinverters and I am glad that I did! My roof has varying areas of patchy shade, much of which I had not noticed before I had the PV panels installed.
Solaray installed the system within a week of me paying the deposit. They started the installation about 7:20AM and by midday the system was producing power and the guys were on their way to the next job, taking all their rubbish with them.
Take care with metering no matter which retailer is used. This is the owner's responsibility and not the supplier/installer.
Note that new meters are now the responsibility of retailers in NSW and (i) there are inordinate delays obtaining/installing new meters (20-30 days is typical at present) (ii) tariff structures are quite misleading from all retailers (use the Energy Regulator web site for accurate and complete information) (iii) you cannot go directly to time of day electricity metering when changing meters (iv) there is a charge to go to time of day tariffs and this charge is not mentioned anywhere by retailers.
We ended up putting in a Tesla Powerwall 2 connecting to our existing 8 year old 3.2kW panels. I did this so we could work out how many more panels were needed.

Most of the time we are 100% self sufficient and usually above 80%.

I think we need another 5kW of panels this will cover winters shorter sunshine hours and any cloudy days.

The battery has far exceeded our expectations, we set up the Tesla app to use the "cost saving" setting with the power providers price schedule entered. So far the algorithm has worked really well in managing the power flow.
Following reviews and recommendations from SolarQuotes, we chose Solaray Energy for our install. 2 years after the first quote.
They did a brilliant job and were very patient with me while I chose the system.
Communications from Solaray was brilliant, from quote to order to install and after..
We also took the opportunity to move from AGL to a great Aussie company, Energy Locals.
System is in the process of installing. Detail provided upfront provided us with comfort to make a decision we felt capable of Show additional information
Very happy customer. While I was also very happy with the other service recommended and it was in fact cheaper, I went with Solaray for the more advanced micro inverter technology they quoted on and installed. Show additional information
Too much of a delay by the retailer in configuring the meter for feed-in. Show additional information
I ended up purchasing a 10kWh Enphase system with 28- IQ7+ microinverters, 28- LG NEON-2 340watt panels that carry a 25 year manufacturers warrantee and a 14 kW Tesla battery pack with Gateway.
I did use a lot of your information and advice that I received through your site along with a fair bit of research of my own prior to making a decision, which was not made lightly, as this was an investment and I wanted to get the most long term use out of the investment made onto my home.
I can not fault Solaray Energy from my initial phone call to them to the installation and then getting all my apps set up on my phone afterwards. They are a top end company. My installation took place 16 days after I signed my contract and paid my deposit.