• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd Reviews

About Solaray Energy Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd is one of the leaders in the renewable energy market and has a proven track record when it comes to providing households with energy reduction solutions. It prides itself on offering a reliable, honest and trustworthy service that follows the strictest professional standards.

Customers can expect high quality products at competitive prices - the company is a member of the Clean Energy Council.

Customers who sign up with Solaray Energy Pty Ltd can be assured that all the necessary paperwork will be taken care of to ensure they receive all the government rebates and incentives they are entitled to.

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

The installation date was sooner than expected. The installers were polite, efficient and without issue. There are 10 panels and it was completed in about 4 hours. I was explained the change to the meter box.

I had to contact the installer post installation as Energy Local (new supplier, changed to from AGL) recommended not having the power to the panels on until the meter box was was seen to by them as I might incur an interim bill. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the Energy Locals have not attended to whatever it is they have to do, so we're not able to use solar yet and the installation was done on 24.11.18.
I was a little concerned that the supplier didn't have their own dedicated installers, fortunately they employed a local group to install that were just excellent.

The quotes I received from SolarQuotes were all excellent, and I probably would've gone with any of them, in the end I used the additional information to gain significant value out of my original Solaray quote (which I'd made before SolarQuotes), armed with a lot more information.

I would definitely recommend SolarQuotes.
I've installed a 6KW system with LG panel and Fronius inverter.
I've obtained several quotes from different solar suppliers, Solaray wasn't the cheapest but they weren't the dearest, the main reason why I decided to go with Solaray was because of their good reputation, they're a member of the green energy council and they've been in business since 2003. I wanted to make sure I have continue support in case if anything were to go wrong with the system, this is a long term investment so system quality and workmanship is definitely more important than cost.
They are great to deal with from day one with great customer service and friendly installation team. Seamless process throughout, will recommend to others. Thanks Solaray.
Excellent supplier and very happy with the installation and operation Show additional information
The whole experience was great..from the sales ..to the installation..to the office staff..communication excellent...and after service fantastic with getting emails and calls to see how things are.
Have excellent written reviews on web pages for both the solar company..and also the great info and feedback you also provided..couldn't be happier..
I had a few quotes prior to contacting Solarquotes and wasn't really happy with what they were offering and the cost of the system.
I came across your website while searching for information about solar systems. Your websites is nothing short of fantastic.
The only knowledge I had about solar systems was basically through word of mouth with friends and acquaintances. After reading through you Solar 101 I found that the people I spoke to about Solar didn't really know much about Solar at all.
Your website is really informative and I must say it's the best I came across. It armed me with enough information that I knew what the supplier was talking about and additionally I also knew what questions to ask.
Solaray were fantastic during the whole process from quote to post install. The Salesperson was great and explained the system well and the process of installation. The Salaray staff I spoke to on the phone were also great and helpful.
it's early days but at the moment i'm happy with the system and also the support provided by Solaray
I still have a problem with their reluctance to visit the site for discussions. Show additional information
I'm no expert in solar power, so I can only rate the company on how they help me and continue to help after the initial installation. The installation will be finalised after the next meter reading by the present energy provider (AGL). Which will be a 10 week wait from the initial installation. Show additional information
I would recommend Solaray to anyone thinking of getting solar. They are extremely professional all the way through the quotation and design phase through to installation and after-installation support. Very easy to deal with. Show additional information
I struggled with the decision about whether to use micro inverters or a string inverter due to the higher cost of microinverters. I eventually went for microinverters and I am glad that I did! My roof has varying areas of patchy shade, much of which I had not noticed before I had the PV panels installed.
Solaray installed the system within a week of me paying the deposit. They started the installation about 7:20AM and by midday the system was producing power and the guys were on their way to the next job, taking all their rubbish with them.
Solar Quotes put me in touch with three good solar suppliers and I was able to get three realistic quotes. The details of solar systems are very complex and I doubt that many people really know whether it is going to be a good investment until a year or more after they have spent the money. Again, Solar Quotes provided very useful and credible information about components, calculations and installation watch-outs. I had looked at solar several times over the past few years and had previously decided not to proceed because I couldn't satisfy myself that it was economically viable. This time however, I got the right information, did a lot of calculations, got my 3 quotes, negotiated a good price and finally installed a 7kW system that I believe will give me a pay-back in 3 years. I am happy with my decision and look forward to monitoring the system performance over the summer when I use my air conditioner during the many 40 deg. days I expect. Show additional information
This company caused me much grief.. essentially I think I dodged a bullet with them. Like most companies across all industries their true colours only show when there is a problem and how they choose to respond to it. If you are lucky and there is no problem, you might be OK.

I originally went for battery + solar. As per standard I was promised an installation date within 4-5 weeks ... few "4-5 weeks" come and go and they couldn't commit to an installation date. Which I found unusual, because I thought if they are busy, they can still schedule into the future. There was no mention of parts shortages (LG panels).
During that time I had to do the following up--they won't inform you. Plus, they sent somebody out to inspect our property without booking with us first. My wife nearly freaked...

Then when I finally had enough and requested refund I was, magically, allocated an installation date within a week. It turns out because my battery was on backorder and they couldn't confirm delivery date, somehow foolishly they decided to also endlessly delay my solar without informing me of what was transpiring behind the scenes. Just to save few bucks...

Then the most cocky installer turns up and started setting up the scene, then 40min into the process he tells me he cannot do it, because the roof pitch is steep for him... so after all this wait I end up with a dud installer... Rang the head office and that was just a farcical experience... No apologies, no explanation.. the "managers" all hid behind that poor coordinator who did not know what to do.

Anyway, I requested refund.. which was bit sluggish on their side... Later I checked reviews by other users on google, which were awful.. that's when I realised I dodged a bullet.
Problem with the energy company in relation to the size of the new meter in the power box itself. I know there can be problems from the consumer end, but we had already installed a new power box several years ago, and when the energy supply company attended to fit the new meter and get our solar up and going, they said the meter that would fit was on back order, and we would have to change the power box for another type to fit. I had a few words with them and they approached their supplier and somehow have convinced their supplier to supply one that fits and have re issued the work order to fit that power meter. It gets done in 2 weeks.

Everything was great with what you did and your Solar companies that responded.

Otherwise thank you for your efforts in doing what you do, it got us motivated to get Solar and we have since started proceedings to get Solar installed for our daughter up the coast.
Ian
Could have gone with any of the 3 quotes.
Chose Solaray, installer was sick on installation date. Electrician and installer- sub contractors came on the 30th August but were unable to complete job on day as a some parts were missing. electrician came 2 days later and in a short while completed job. Had to prompt him to get information about system some he of which he was able to help with other bits he referred me to Solaray.
Had some communication issues with one member of Solaray who did not return 3 of my calls but was able to get information from Eric otherwise communication with rest of staff has been good.
Now having issues with AGL as I was advised that the new smart meter would be installed on the 12th September but when I rang on the 11th was given the run around speaking with staff both in Australia and overseas. Very very very frustrating organisation to deal with. Eventually found out that they have it scheduled for 3rd October. Next day received email from consumer connections manager Chris Mulcahy. Email had incorrect information on it. I was unable to reply to email to him directly. When I tried to contact him, I was back on the merry go round. They could not find him in there data base initially. Then told I could not speak with him or email him even though he sent me an email.
Eventhough I have been with them for a long time and they currently have a good deal with a 20c feed in tariff, I am seriously considering another company.
Take care with metering no matter which retailer is used. This is the owner's responsibility and not the supplier/installer.
Note that new meters are now the responsibility of retailers in NSW and (i) there are inordinate delays obtaining/installing new meters (20-30 days is typical at present) (ii) tariff structures are quite misleading from all retailers (use the Energy Regulator web site for accurate and complete information) (iii) you cannot go directly to time of day electricity metering when changing meters (iv) there is a charge to go to time of day tariffs and this charge is not mentioned anywhere by retailers.
My system was installed in early August 2018 as per the schedule. Installation was straightforward no fuss affair. Great work team start at 7am and were finished by 2.30pm. Some minor issue with the Solaredge monitoring system but that was ironed very quickly thanks to the cooperation of Solaredge & Solaray. Sales, installion and quality/IT staff were great to deal with. Just waiting for the installation of the smart meter via Red Energy. All going well so far. Thankyou Show additional information
Perfect service from start to finish.
Professional sales person who was not pushy, yet got me what I wanted at a good price.
Shorter lead time than expected (2 weeks instead of 4-8 weeks) with professional contractors who showed up on time and cleaned up afterwards.
Perfect post-sales support so far, giving me full confidence in their warranty and support service.
Excellent Sales team, great follow up and install....went with LG panels plus Enphase micro inverters as some panels get a touch of shade later in the afternoons.... sunny winters day we have generated 23.9 Kwh so system is ticking away like a well oiled machine.
Changed electricity suppler to Energy Locals (good rates No BS) just waiting for the Nett meter installation and we should be cheering.
Thanks to you and your team at Solar Quotes it helps weed out the men from the boys.
ArIf was really helpful up until the point that my deposit was paid then disappeared from the face of the earth. 3 months on and I still don’t have a system installed or any timeframe for installation. I’ll probably need to go to consumer affairs to get my deposit back as Solaray refuse to call or email me back. Show additional information
The panels are connected to an Enphase micro inverter system, this was due to heavy shading from trees and roof restrictions, the system has performed well over the last twelve months considering the trees and produced a daily averaged of 17kw. Show additional information
I recommend Solaray. I had a smooth install with no problems.

I had Patrick propose a system for me in late May, which i accepted. The system is a 6.8kWh, 21 panel LG with Enphase Microinverters.
It was a smooth process with Patrick explaining the technology and layout (answering all my questions). Jessica and Tammy updated me on the progress, arranging an install date which was 2 July. (earlier than i expected)
The install was carried out on time, as planned by Matthew and another guy, they were professional, and were done by early afternoon. They showed me that system was working and there was a quick overview of the gear.
The next day i got the email for the Enlighten software, which shows all the details of power consumption/production, just as i wanted.
Jessica followed up again afterward.
All in all a good experience, no stress.
Pre-sales - everything was good, they were very attentive and always responded within an hour or two.
After putting down a deposit, it took almost 3 months before the system was installed and I had to chase it up twice.

The installation went smoothly - the three installers were lovely, efficient and polite.

Post-sales service is very slow. I was under the impression that Solaray would arrange to change the meter over if we switched to their electricity provider, but I had to do all of that myself - which has added another 4 to 6 weeks before I can start using the system. I was also supposed to receive login details to the solar system within 24 hours, it's almost going on 48 hours and still nothing.

Overall, the price and quality is good, but post-sales it is incredibly slow.
We are currently still awaiting installation however customer service / communication thus far has been good throughout. Show additional information
Was happy to look at potential layout and address my concerns about shading from a gum tree (but only after some prompting) at the northern aspect of the house.

We discovered it'll be fully shaded at midday during winter (and potentially always shaded a few years later) and so decided on an East-West split array at the rear of the house. Will see what happens when the system is installed.
Good people, good service and an excellent installation Show additional information
Solaray did not come out to quote so a lot of my questions were by email or phone and own research. Penrith solar came to my place which was more professional. However price from Solaray was better for similar product Show additional information
I chose Solaray from your website after being dissatisfied with the responses I received from the automatic 3 quotes. I chose them because they were one of the highest rated in my State, and had excellent reviews. I was very impressed with their knowledge and quality of their system for a fair price. The 3 automatic quotes all ignored the information I had included, and offered systems that did not fulfil my requirements. they also had extremely average customer service and poor product knowledge. Solaray had excellent service and knowledge, and responded specifically and flexibly to my very particular requirements. I have not yet had the system installed, so cannot comment on the quality of their work, but I am hoping it is in keeping with the level of service and knowledge provided so far. Show additional information
My experience with Solaray was perfect from start to finish. After engaging with Patrick, he ensured that everything was smooth sailing once I had placed my order with Solaray. Tammy aligned the installation date to suit my schedule, and the installation team was on time and non-interrupting on the day of installation. I am now able to generate more solar power than I consume. I highly recommend other’s utilise Solaray for their solar needs! I had a 5 star experience! ? Show additional information
We will have our system installed in April so will know a little more about the installation and service then. Many thanks for you assistance with Quotes. All were very knowledgeable and competitive. Show additional information
Would like to have access to the Enphase interface, it’s password protected & Solar Ray won’t share the password. That’s my only negative otherwise they have been fantastic. Show additional information
I wish batteries were more affordable! Show additional information