Solaray Energy Pty Ltd Reviews

About Solaray Energy Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd
Gold Partner

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd is one of the leaders in the renewable energy market and has a proven track record when it comes to providing households with energy reduction solutions. It prides itself on offering a reliable, honest and trustworthy service that follows the strictest professional standards.

Customers can expect high quality products at competitive prices - the company is a member of the Clean Energy Council.

Customers who sign up with Solaray Energy Pty Ltd can be assured that all the necessary paperwork will be taken care of to ensure they receive all the government rebates and incentives they are entitled to.

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Panels due for installation on 15 Feb so can't comment on that yet. Show additional information
Everything has gone well except origin notified on 13 December that they would change my meter to a smart meter on 2 January. They didn't show up and the file has no reason on it as to why and I wasn't contacted. All origin can tell me is that they will email acumen. They are legally obliged to give me a minimum of 10 days notice for my next power interruption so who knows when I will see them. I have thousands of dollars worth of panels on my roof and it's 40 degrees daily and I can't get this thing hooked up. Not good. Solaray will charge me $150 to connect it as it is a revisit. I am not a priority client of origin as I actually have power. One month has passed since installation. I would have been better waiting till January for installation and keeping the money in my bank. Show additional information
I found it extremely difficult to get 'apples for apples' comparison quotes, and after a week or two of working with the detail info I was completely lost and confused. The mix and range of 'headline' vs 'quote' prices, and the range of system sizes, components, technology and quality made it extremely difficult for me to have a good feeling about what choice to make. In the end, I chose a high end system, and I am very pleased with it, the installers, and the sales & customer contact team members I dealt with. However, I have no feeling for whether a more middle of the road system would have served my purposes just as well. Perhaps I should have spent more time on the decision, but I did feel some time pressure due to 'end of year pricing', and what felt like more confusion, rather than less, as time went on. Show additional information
STILL TO CORRECT RECORDING OF CONSUMPTION CORRECTLY.UNDER RECORDING CONSUMPTION. Show additional information
The whole process was very smooth and easy, including getting the background information from the SolarQuotes web site to help make up my mind on the system I wanted. Salary did a great job on the installation and the system was installed and up and running in just a couple of hours. Show additional information
There were some issues with Solaray's sub-contractors but that was quickly rectified by their main office. Otherwise we are very happy with our purchase. Show additional information
Purchased a 5.7kw system with trina panels and fronius 5kw inverter. Solaray were quick to install before xmas and after initial mix up with communicating, they were great in keeping me updated with the progress of the system and so far its been working great. Worth the extra amount for a quality system and didn't wait long to have it all set up. Show additional information
All good. The worst part in the whole experience was dealing with my energy retailer. Show additional information
Very happy with the whole process. Decided to go with Solaray partly as they were the only company to quote for microinverters but also they appeared to have the most professional approach compared to the other installers. And we also based our decisions on the reviews they had received. So we've installed a 5kW system with LG NeON 2 panels and Enphase IQ 7+ microinverters. The installers arrived on time and the Enphase monitoring was being explained to me about 4 hours later. The system was installed just over 2 weeks ago and it's been performing better than expected with 30+ kWh produced on sunny days. I arranged for a digital meter to be installed and it was put on about 10 days after the system went in, but I wasn't expecting that to go in until the new year. So now we're being paid for our excess production. Sweet! Show additional information
We did a lot of research , including info supplied by Solar quotes website and once we knew exactly which system we wanted, we went with a supplier who gave us the best price and service.
You really do need to do your research as most suppliers are offering slightly different products.
Solar quotes website is invaluable.
everything went very smoothly. Show additional information
The installation date was sooner than expected. The installers were polite, efficient and without issue. There are 10 panels and it was completed in about 4 hours. I was explained the change to the meter box.

I had to contact the installer post installation as Energy Local (new supplier, changed to from AGL) recommended not having the power to the panels on until the meter box was was seen to by them as I might incur an interim bill. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the Energy Locals have not attended to whatever it is they have to do, so we're not able to use solar yet and the installation was done on 24.11.18.
I was a little concerned that the supplier didn't have their own dedicated installers, fortunately they employed a local group to install that were just excellent.

The quotes I received from SolarQuotes were all excellent, and I probably would've gone with any of them, in the end I used the additional information to gain significant value out of my original Solaray quote (which I'd made before SolarQuotes), armed with a lot more information.

I would definitely recommend SolarQuotes.
I've installed a 6KW system with LG panel and Fronius inverter.
I've obtained several quotes from different solar suppliers, Solaray wasn't the cheapest but they weren't the dearest, the main reason why I decided to go with Solaray was because of their good reputation, they're a member of the green energy council and they've been in business since 2003. I wanted to make sure I have continue support in case if anything were to go wrong with the system, this is a long term investment so system quality and workmanship is definitely more important than cost.
They are great to deal with from day one with great customer service and friendly installation team. Seamless process throughout, will recommend to others. Thanks Solaray.
Excellent supplier and very happy with the installation and operation Show additional information
The whole experience was great..from the sales ..to the installation..to the office staff..communication excellent...and after service fantastic with getting emails and calls to see how things are.
Have excellent written reviews on web pages for both the solar company..and also the great info and feedback you also provided..couldn't be happier..
I had a few quotes prior to contacting Solarquotes and wasn't really happy with what they were offering and the cost of the system.
I came across your website while searching for information about solar systems. Your websites is nothing short of fantastic.
The only knowledge I had about solar systems was basically through word of mouth with friends and acquaintances. After reading through you Solar 101 I found that the people I spoke to about Solar didn't really know much about Solar at all.
Your website is really informative and I must say it's the best I came across. It armed me with enough information that I knew what the supplier was talking about and additionally I also knew what questions to ask.
Solaray were fantastic during the whole process from quote to post install. The Salesperson was great and explained the system well and the process of installation. The Salaray staff I spoke to on the phone were also great and helpful.
it's early days but at the moment i'm happy with the system and also the support provided by Solaray
I still have a problem with their reluctance to visit the site for discussions. Show additional information
I'm no expert in solar power, so I can only rate the company on how they help me and continue to help after the initial installation. The installation will be finalised after the next meter reading by the present energy provider (AGL). Which will be a 10 week wait from the initial installation. Show additional information
I would recommend Solaray to anyone thinking of getting solar. They are extremely professional all the way through the quotation and design phase through to installation and after-installation support. Very easy to deal with. Show additional information
I struggled with the decision about whether to use micro inverters or a string inverter due to the higher cost of microinverters. I eventually went for microinverters and I am glad that I did! My roof has varying areas of patchy shade, much of which I had not noticed before I had the PV panels installed.
Solaray installed the system within a week of me paying the deposit. They started the installation about 7:20AM and by midday the system was producing power and the guys were on their way to the next job, taking all their rubbish with them.
Solar Quotes put me in touch with three good solar suppliers and I was able to get three realistic quotes. The details of solar systems are very complex and I doubt that many people really know whether it is going to be a good investment until a year or more after they have spent the money. Again, Solar Quotes provided very useful and credible information about components, calculations and installation watch-outs. I had looked at solar several times over the past few years and had previously decided not to proceed because I couldn't satisfy myself that it was economically viable. This time however, I got the right information, did a lot of calculations, got my 3 quotes, negotiated a good price and finally installed a 7kW system that I believe will give me a pay-back in 3 years. I am happy with my decision and look forward to monitoring the system performance over the summer when I use my air conditioner during the many 40 deg. days I expect. Show additional information
This company caused me much grief.. essentially I think I dodged a bullet with them. Like most companies across all industries their true colours only show when there is a problem and how they choose to respond to it. If you are lucky and there is no problem, you might be OK.

I originally went for battery + solar. As per standard I was promised an installation date within 4-5 weeks ... few "4-5 weeks" come and go and they couldn't commit to an installation date. Which I found unusual, because I thought if they are busy, they can still schedule into the future. There was no mention of parts shortages (LG panels).
During that time I had to do the following up--they won't inform you. Plus, they sent somebody out to inspect our property without booking with us first. My wife nearly freaked...

Then when I finally had enough and requested refund I was, magically, allocated an installation date within a week. It turns out because my battery was on backorder and they couldn't confirm delivery date, somehow foolishly they decided to also endlessly delay my solar without informing me of what was transpiring behind the scenes. Just to save few bucks...

Then the most cocky installer turns up and started setting up the scene, then 40min into the process he tells me he cannot do it, because the roof pitch is steep for him... so after all this wait I end up with a dud installer... Rang the head office and that was just a farcical experience... No apologies, no explanation.. the "managers" all hid behind that poor coordinator who did not know what to do.

Anyway, I requested refund.. which was bit sluggish on their side... Later I checked reviews by other users on google, which were awful.. that's when I realised I dodged a bullet.
Problem with the energy company in relation to the size of the new meter in the power box itself. I know there can be problems from the consumer end, but we had already installed a new power box several years ago, and when the energy supply company attended to fit the new meter and get our solar up and going, they said the meter that would fit was on back order, and we would have to change the power box for another type to fit. I had a few words with them and they approached their supplier and somehow have convinced their supplier to supply one that fits and have re issued the work order to fit that power meter. It gets done in 2 weeks.

Everything was great with what you did and your Solar companies that responded.

Otherwise thank you for your efforts in doing what you do, it got us motivated to get Solar and we have since started proceedings to get Solar installed for our daughter up the coast.
Ian
Could have gone with any of the 3 quotes.
Chose Solaray, installer was sick on installation date. Electrician and installer- sub contractors came on the 30th August but were unable to complete job on day as a some parts were missing. electrician came 2 days later and in a short while completed job. Had to prompt him to get information about system some he of which he was able to help with other bits he referred me to Solaray.
Had some communication issues with one member of Solaray who did not return 3 of my calls but was able to get information from Eric otherwise communication with rest of staff has been good.
Now having issues with AGL as I was advised that the new smart meter would be installed on the 12th September but when I rang on the 11th was given the run around speaking with staff both in Australia and overseas. Very very very frustrating organisation to deal with. Eventually found out that they have it scheduled for 3rd October. Next day received email from consumer connections manager Chris Mulcahy. Email had incorrect information on it. I was unable to reply to email to him directly. When I tried to contact him, I was back on the merry go round. They could not find him in there data base initially. Then told I could not speak with him or email him even though he sent me an email.
Eventhough I have been with them for a long time and they currently have a good deal with a 20c feed in tariff, I am seriously considering another company.
Take care with metering no matter which retailer is used. This is the owner's responsibility and not the supplier/installer.
Note that new meters are now the responsibility of retailers in NSW and (i) there are inordinate delays obtaining/installing new meters (20-30 days is typical at present) (ii) tariff structures are quite misleading from all retailers (use the Energy Regulator web site for accurate and complete information) (iii) you cannot go directly to time of day electricity metering when changing meters (iv) there is a charge to go to time of day tariffs and this charge is not mentioned anywhere by retailers.
My system was installed in early August 2018 as per the schedule. Installation was straightforward no fuss affair. Great work team start at 7am and were finished by 2.30pm. Some minor issue with the Solaredge monitoring system but that was ironed very quickly thanks to the cooperation of Solaredge & Solaray. Sales, installion and quality/IT staff were great to deal with. Just waiting for the installation of the smart meter via Red Energy. All going well so far. Thankyou Show additional information
Perfect service from start to finish.
Professional sales person who was not pushy, yet got me what I wanted at a good price.
Shorter lead time than expected (2 weeks instead of 4-8 weeks) with professional contractors who showed up on time and cleaned up afterwards.
Perfect post-sales support so far, giving me full confidence in their warranty and support service.