Solaray Energy Pty Ltd

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd Reviews

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd is one of the leaders in the renewable energy market and has a proven track record when it comes to providing households with energy reduction solutions. It prides itself on offering a reliable, honest and trustworthy service that follows the strictest professional standards.

Customers can expect high quality products at competitive prices - the company is a member of the Clean Energy Council.

Customers who sign up with Solaray Energy Pty Ltd can be assured that all the necessary paperwork will be taken care of to ensure they receive all the government rebates and incentives they are entitled to.

Reviewers report paying: $5,990 - $9,990 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd Reviews (557)

4.1/5

4.4/5

4.4/5

4.3/5

Great experience from start to finish.

The quote was exactly what I asked for and was then quickly adjusted when I provided more details. The layout and detail made it easy to assess. When I signed up the installation was arranged very quickly and went smoothly. The first few days have produced power at about the level I was expecting so I am very happy. The paperwork process for the rebate, the meter upgrade and the grid connection was handled by Solaray and so far everything has gone very smoothly.

A great experience

Everything was handled professionally, there was no pressure put on me to sign up. They answered all my questions and were extremely helpful.
The wait for installation was only a week and the installation process was done in a day. They consulted with me at all times and did a great job. The battery was installed 2 weeks later and was again an easy process.
They did all the paperwork and coordinated with the energy supplier for the connection to the grid and installation of a new meter.
They responded promptly to my follow up questions.
I would have no hesitation in recommending them.

Efficient and easy installation

Once i decided to go with this particular system, Solarray was very efficient with good communication.
The installation was straightforward and very well executed.

2 years on everything is as expected.

Great to hear Chris!

We're confident that great solar performance will continue for many more years to come!

Great system, poor installation and post service

Sales team were very knowledgeable and helpful, gave good information and open to me undertaking my own research after discussing with them on the system options.
Uses enphase app to track and manage your power, so I can see busy times of day and adjust activity accordingly.
Installation was delayed several months as they hadn't worked on my type of roof, and didn't know how to do it and I had to chase to get updates. Over promise and under deliver.
When they finally arrived to do the job, they were quick to install and helpful to walk through setup.
Unfortunately since installation I have had several leaks during rain events as a result of the way the brackets were installed on the tiles. Solarey is not taking responsibility for them and no roofer will touch the panels.
Poor after sales/ installation service.

Original Review on 02-06-2021:

Installer was great.

Quoting process was good however there was a glitch that the installer picked up. Photo included with quote was not our house and if it had been followed panels would have been installed on the wrong side of the roof. Original ratings

9 months later we asked Denise: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

All good particularly with the help of a company called Bill Hero who monitor my bills and let me know if and when I can get a better electricity deal.

Fantastic installer

Dealt with 3 great installers but in the end Solaray Offered the best system for the best price.

All 3 installers gave an estimate of around 4 weeks for system install but in the end the install took place just over 2 weeks from deciding on Solaray. The installation went smoothly and the installers turned up on time and were great.

Solaray followed up post installation and the system has been been performing brilliantly.

Great to hear how happy you are John. Just wait for that first power bill... then you'll really be happy!

Good service

The whole process from start to finish was no fuss, with great follow up afterwards

We're happy that you're happy Michael!

Knowledgeable analyst who patiently analysed our requirements, good products.

Excellent sales and quoting person. Happy to discuss and refine options and redo quotes till we reached agreement on size, product and panel layout to maximise energy generation.

After such detailed analysis, followed by pre-install site check, it was most disappointing that the installer changed the layout on install day without discussing with us. Since we can’t see our roof from the ground we were unaware of this until after installation.

Beware folks: on install day CHECK WITH THE INSTALLER that the installer intends to stick to the agreed layout!

We understand that installers need to have some leeway, but the sticking point for us was not being consulted about the changes, and the company rep we then emailed downplaying the importance of this, before then offering a basic apology. This could be an isolated incident - I hope so - but indicated total lack of respect for us as customers.
Install was only yesterday, so feeling pretty raw.

I'm glad to hear what a great sales experience you had with our team.

I was sorry to learn of the changes to your layout that were made without appropriate communication and am aware that Andrew our Installation Manager has been in touch to go through this with you and to show you the new aerial shots of your new install that show why the changes were necessary.

We have certainly taken steps to ensure that our installers will communicate upfront with homeowners if any changes like this become necessary during an installation.

You can be confident that your LG NeON H & Enphase microinverter combo will perform very well for you for many, many years to come.

If you have any concerns, please just reach out to Andrew directly.

Solaray - Some minor hiccups along the way but all resolved now and a great working solar system so far. Thank you

Overall, very happy with how the 6.63kwh system is performing to date and have recommended them to family members that are thinking of getting solar installed as well.

You pay for what you get and i wanted either an optimised solaredge or an Enphase micro inverter set up so it was going to cost more than a cheaper set up.

The final price of the Solaray system was about $400-$500 cheaper than the next best quote which included a Modbus consumption meter as well and i made sure all the panel brands and models were the same where possible so it was like for like.

From October 2021 to January 2022, the lowest daily production day has been 8-9 kw on dark heavy rainy days and the maximum production day has been 44-45 kw on the hot and sunny days. Not sure if this is good or bad figures.

After requesting 3 quotes from Solarquotes, Solaray contacted me the next business day to discuss specs and what i was looking for.

The 2nd company didnt bother to give me a quote until solarquotes followed up with me a week later, but by then i had already got ~7 quotes so told them not to bother.

The 3rd company asked me what i wanted, but just tried to sell me a larger system than i wanted and didnt give me a quote for the brands or system size that i wanted.

Lisa from Solaray was very helpful, listened to what i wanted and explained the differences between the systems quoted and answered my questions in a friendly and timely manner and didnt pressure me or rush me to go ahead and gave me multiple budget/brand options to suit me.

Due to living in a strata complex, I was told by Tammy in their installation team that apart from a new smart meter, i also needed to have a MPD installed by a level 2 electrician which couldnt be done by Origin for free and would need to pay Ausgrid.

I paid Solaray's electrician $605 to install this first because i would end up paying someone else a few weeks after the installation was complete anyway, so this expedited the whole process once installation was complete and they sent and organised all the paperwork with Origin.

Their installation team came out to inspect the site 2 weeks or so before installation day and confirmed where the panels would need to be installed and that my inverter may need to be installed outside due to the garage walls being gyprock/plasterboard and no extra costs required and it was all ok to go ahead.

The installers came out around 7.30am and completed the installation in about 4-5 hours. They managed to find the support beams behind the garage walls to mount the inverter inside the garage after all which was a great result. They had to run some conduit down the wall and couldnt hide it behind that walls. They cleaned up after themselves and there wasnt any mess for me to clean up or deal with.

I cant see up on the roof, so i dont know if they broke any tiles or not, but since installation there have been a few days of heavy rain and i havent seen any water leaking into the house so it looks like its all good so far.

As soon as installation was complete, i was generating solar to power my house since the smart meter was already installed and selling back excess solar to the grid that same afternoon.

I got all the warranty paperwork and final invoice from Deb about 4-5 weeks later.

I got my solaredge app login details the next business day and it was then i could see they forgot to install the modbus consumption meter as i couldnt see any self/grid consumption or export to grid and only my daily production.

This part was frustrating as there was several back and forth follow ups by me, cancelled appointments by them, damaged parts and then further shipping delays and took 3 months for them to come back and install the modbus and complete the installation.

I note the system was working great and producing solar perfectly since it was installed and it was just i couldnt see my self consumption and grid consumption.

Once it was installed, my system stopped producing solar for the rest of the day for some weird unknown reason and didnt start working again until the next day once the inverter restarted the next morning. The installer said he had to upgrade firmware/software in the inverter so that may be the cause.

Now its all working properly again, i can see how much i am selling back to the grid and consuming from the grid. I can compare it to my daily usage with Origin app to see if my bills are accurate vs how accurate the solaredge app is and am very happy with how things are looking and working.

Thanks to Solaray for their help and the great system.

Great solar system

Friendly easy quote
Installation simply done
Customer service = punctual, helpful, friendly and informative

Love to hear what a good experience you had with our team Mario!

We look forward to you receiving that first power bill and getting to see the difference your LG/Enphase combo is making!

Solaray A-Ok!

Solaray made it easy for me from the beginning. No pressure to buy, gave me an option of solar panel brands and were happy to suit my budget. Look forward to upgrading my system with them in the future.

Thank you for your kind words Alex.

We don't believe in high pressure sales, just good advice to help people on their solar journey.

Will pass on your feedback to your sales rep Steve, and Tammy and the rest of the installation team!

Original Review on 23-04-2021:

Top quality system some minor hiccups but overall well satisfied

Initial consultation very comprehensive, sales person very keen to help. Expensive but you get what you pay for, the installation generally went smoothly, however, there was a misunderstanding between the installers and the office team regarding the placement of some panels, requiring a second rectifying visit. The installers arrived on time, were very clean and removed all rubbish. The system was completed and functioned perfectly from completion. The grid connection has been organised and we have subsequently been contacted to arrange the installation of a new meter.

The second company we were given to contact failed to contact us until we had been talking with the successful company for more than a week. We took this to mean they were either too busy or not keen on the job. We have an 8kW system with Powerwall 2 battery.

Love hearing that your power bills have dropped dramatically. Not that we are surprised given your LG/Enphase combo with a Powerwall.

Now all you need to do is sit back and enjoy keeping the sun working hard for you!

8 months later we asked Greg: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. It is everything we hoped for and our electricity bill is a fraction of what it was.

Great Service

Informative, accurate
Installation was brilliant and efficient
I did have to initiate consultation after installation but was happy with the response after.

Glad to hear from our 'happy green camper' Rory!

Brilliant and efficient are descriptors we strive to earn with all our customers!

Solaray - Efficient friendly and affordable

All dealings with Solaray have been easy and efficient - they have made the whole process so much easier for me combined that with your service of narrowing down to good suppliers really helped so thank you very much - very happy the last piece of the installation is happening today and then I am SOLAR happy.

We love hearing what a great experience you have had all round Michelle!

Your 12kW of solar will do you very well for decades to come!

Solid service and quality

We are happy with Solaray. The advice and quote process was sensible, without the exaggerated claims we met with other companies. The fact that they sent the final installation company for a site visit was important to us. The installation went very smoothly and we we are having fun watching our consumption and production on the app.

Great to hear you and Michael were happy with your installation experience. We pride ourselves on giving honest helpful advice unlike some of our competitors.

We love following the consumption on the Enlighten app too! Great to be able to see your panels at work in real-time!

Excellent review site

Very happy with Solarquotes, they really helped me make a good choice, by explaining the pitfalls and what to look out for.
My selected installer was excellent, from quote to installation and organising the grid connection, plus further support offered.

Solaray are happy you found your experience with our team so positive. Tammy and the team are here if you ever need any assistance!

No fuss no problems

Quote prompt and well presented.
Installation punctual and efficient.
Grid connection organised following installation. Service calls until we were satisfied.

Glad to hear what a good experience you had Edward. I'll pass on your kind words to Steve, Deb and the team.

Top Shelf Solar Company

Solar Quotes arranged two quotes from recommended solar companies. Solaray was one of the companies who responded and explained various options and costings. Quoted a greatly discounted price for a premium system which I accepted. System was quickly and very professionally installed. Great customer service during the process and follow up following installation. Highly recomend Solar Quotes and Solaray.

Love hearing what a great experience you had throughout the installation process Geoff.

I'll pass on your lovely feedback to Steve, Deb and the rest of the team!

Good service from start to finish

All involved both in the office and on site have been polite and professional.

Thanks for your review Mark.
I'll pass on your kind feedback to Steve, Tammy, Deb and the rest of the crew.

Fantastic service, quality products at a reasonable price

Fantastic service, quality products at a reasonable price. Installer was great very helpful

Being helpful is all part of the Solaray experience! Great to hear how happy you were Peter!

Can't wait to see how happy to are after your next power bill!

Great positive experience from start to finish

The sales quoting process was very straightforward, clear and competitive.
The installation was perfectly smooth, punctual, very careful (I was worried with my tiled roof), tidy and organised
After sales service is excellent, you always have someone there to ask for anything unclear. They are friendly and keep looking after you.

Great to hear what a positive experience you had all-round with Solaray! Thanks Dewi!

Easy process from start to install

Sales Quoting process was easy and provided high level of detail.
Installation was done in 3/4 of a day. Punctual, worked hard, Very neat and tidy and wanted perfection for installation on cabling, Conduits, circuit breakers, Battery.

Glad to hear what a great installation experience you had Michael.

A good looking, hard working installation is what Solaray is all about!

Reliable and efficient

Good customer service. The installation process was very prompt and smooth.

Great to hear what a smooth installation experience you had. Enjoy your roof working hard for you this summer!

Original Review on 28-01-2021:

Great experience through quote to install

Solaray quoted well, but were not quite as competitive as I had wanted, so over a few days we moved around on price until I was happy to go ahead with them.
Installation was carried out well, and the lead installer did a good job of keeping me informed. The electrical box was well placed.
The arrangements for the installation were very good, and I was kept well informed by the friendly team. On completion of the job they also triggered the replacement of the meter.
All in all, so far, I'm very happy I picked Solaray. (And I also chose them due to two very good recommendations from friends.)

Glad to hear the system is performing well Nick!

8 months later we asked Nick: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, the system seems to be performing well without any issues.

Original Review on 30-12-2020:

Quality from Start to Finish

The coordination was excellent (allowed me to have a tiler on board on the day to replace roof tiles) plus the quality of he work was excellent - much neater than my original system. Original ratings

Great to hear things are going well Jeremy. I'm a bit of a stats nerd too, so I love being able to access all the analytics on my system and see how it is performing.

When you are ready to jump onto the storage bandwagon, you know where to find us!

9 months later we asked Jeremy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Again, I can't rate our supplier and installer Solaray high enough - first class for value, quality and workmanship. Along with our SolarAnalytics monitoring system we have great insight into the patterns of our usage and consumption. We're also watching very carefully from the sidelines for the developments in the batteries and associated pricings arena - as soon as that equation works we'll look to invest there too.

Thanks Finn and team for your help here - one very happy customer with the system exceeding our expectations!

Original Review on 26-12-2020:

Very happy customer

Extremely helpful answering all my questions before and after install. I kept calling as I thought of more questions, but nothing was a problem for them. Very impressed with their professionalism and thoroughness.
Install was very professional and polite.

Glad to hear things are going well Glenn!

8 months later we asked Glenn: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, very happy with the system.

Fast and organized installation

It was a smooth process since the quotation stage. Installation booked in a short period of time and done on the day scheduled. Removed and recycled existing solar system with no extra cost. System works fine over a month now. Called the company back only once for data connection drop-out that was easy to re-connect it. Would go with them if installing again. Owners should pay attention to available feed-in tariff plans if going over 10 kW and best panel layout.

Thanks for your review Volkan! We're glad to hear what a positive installation experience you had with the Solaray team!

The company that listened

They discussed what I wanted without a preconceived product that they wanted to sell and advised on the basis of what I asked for. Other companies that I spoke to were either hard sell or inflexible.

Installation was "no fuss" quick and clean.

The company has arranged the new meter to be fitted next week.

Overall performance is too early to tell.

Heard wonderful stories about the product of the other quoters but research did not stack up.

Thanks for the review Michael. You are absolutely right - it is no good to push particular products on people - you need the system that is going to suit your needs and that is what we are all about!

Came when they said they would and did the neatest installation

Powerwall install -Product needs no selling- good price, good communication, great tidy install and nice people in general. I'll use them for my second array

Great to hear what a good installation experience you had with us. Just give us a call when you are ready for that second array!

Excellent installation

Quotation was fast, sales person helpful. Installation team excellent and work tidy. Change of meter and grid connection all organised by Solaray. So happy with everything. Highly recommended.

Original Review on 30-11-2020:

Excellent - on time and quality job; customer service responsive and professional

Excellent so far. Install was neat and team were super helpful. Solar ray have been excellent and in contact with me through the whole process. Install team did a very neat and tidy job. Very happy. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Jennifer: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. My bills are significantly reduced. Very happy

Good overall experience

The sales/quoting process was straight forward. The system was installed a few days after I made a deposit. My initial questions regarding the some of the panels power output were explained thoroughly. The grid connection was organized by the installer as well.

Satisfied customer

The sales and quoting process was comprehensive and very professional. They were good enough to vary the quote a few times while I decided on the best size to install. The installers themselves were efficient and helpful. The follow up service successfully organised my new smart metre which is coming tomorrow.

No trouble. Good installation and services with best price.

Sales: Pleasant to deal with
Price: Provided most competitive figures
Installation: Was quick and had no issue at all
System: It has been running perfect so far
After Service: Helped me with meter upgrade and provided helpline in case anything is needed
Overall: Very satisfied with level of service and product

Neg: Sales wasn't too clear about what kind of monitoring system is included

An end of month special price on a quality 9.8Kw Trina/Enphase system.

The 3phase system was installed within 5 days of acceptance as fortunately we didn't have to change the 3phase meter. The systems been generating in excess of 30Kwh a day pretty much ever since in the middle of winter and a very sub-optimal roof layout.

A very neat installation with all wiring are behind the house facade -meaning no exposed conduit!

SolarRay followed up on a query within an hour and it was resolved within 2 hours. SO good service.

Original Review on 20-10-2020:

Professional and informative, no hard sell

Everything was done very well and punctual.No hassles and have really helped in organising the smart solar meter replacement. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Bill: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes in fact my electricity bill has fallen by more than 50 % which is above my expectations

Original Review on 26-11-2020:

Supremely

Supremely professional, prompt, polite, they did what they said they'd do in the given time frame.
We even had our own project manager whom we are STILL contacting and getting assistance! I highly recommend Solaray and their team! Thanks heaps Finn!! And Solaray!!

7 months later we asked Patrick: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes with bells on!!!
Our power bill is still in minus!!
We have an monthly instalment going onto the account which started off over $200 and it has dropped down over the months to just $35 in June from $208 in September 2020!!
No more nasty surprises or $600 power bills!!
We get a monthly power production report from Enphase, every now and then we get a call from SolaRay to checking in..couldn't be happier!!
Will be interesting to see how it performs in winter with us using a lot of power for heating in the mornings and eveningd

Happy Customer

It is only a matter of a few weeks since our panels were installed so a bit early for an in-depth review.

So far we are very happy. All the people we spoke to who were connected with this company were polite and friendly and knew their job; in particular, Patrick Smith, their sales guy, who we spoke to several times before our decision. His knowlege and patience was a key deciding factor.

Happy Customer

No hard sell just facts and options , installers were on time polite and efficient. Customer Service organised to the grid connection after the install.

Great Instalation Company

The sales person was brilliant! The web generated quotes were super detailed and clear. They were true to their word at ever step of the way. We had a range of quotes from Solaray but after the site visit the sales person generated another quote, the one we eventually selected. The installation team were brilliant, hard working and so courteous, but they did leave a few things that needed fixing but Solaray arranged that to be done and it was to my satisfaction. The only negative was getting the meter changed, I should not have started to change energy supplier just before the solar install, as the change over was going to take over three months! I went back to my original suppler to get the new meter.

Not a bad purchasing experience...

The quoting process was a bit of a lengthy one. The consultant provided good information for me to make an informed decision. However, the negotiations wasn’t all that smooth. He initially mentioned that he can work out a special price, but when I asked for a discount he said no. Then a few weeks later he could.

The consultant kept on following me up and after numerous attempts I decided to proceed.

Installation went by quickly. Although they damaged one of my tiles and I have a missing branch cutter they had initially borrowed from me to remove for easier installation near the rose bush.

The admin team are great. Quick and prompt with their emails.

Great system and service for a great price!

- Sales and quoting process was good and much better than some of the other options I had.
- Installation was good, quality of the work seemed good, site was cleaned up well afterwards. The boys worked hard all day as I have a two story house, but got it done, only 10min power interruption for me. Only downside (scraping the bottom of the barrel) was that someone stepped on my flowers! Time will tell, but if that's the worst thing to happen in the installation I think they must be alright!
- Customer service was excellent, made the whole process very very easy. Pay deposit, provide some photos, schedule install, conduct install, get access, documentation emailed to my electricity retailer. I was surprised at how easy this was.

Original Review on 27-08-2020:

Very pleasing outcome.

Panels installed within a couple of weeks of ordering. Very smooth installation process. Once all installed, after sales service was a bit slow in providing technical infomation on the whole system, including how to monitor etc. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Mark: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has run flawlessly, however I have never been able to get any clear instruction on what the various lights mean on the Invertor, or even how to read the smart meter.

Very professional company

From the moment they arrived to quote on our Solar System, we were extremely pleased with the whole process from start to finish. They were prompt in arriving, in submitting the initial quote, to the signing of the contract.

Installation followed a few weeks later hassle free with no complications. Extremely polite, courteous and punctual installers.

Extremely efficient after sales service in submitting all necessary paperwork and follow up paperwork/warranty to us.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this company to anyone.

Solaray

Very efficient
Not pushy, polite, punctual
Customer service excellent went well and way and beyond with everything

Helpful support and smooth installation

Informative contacts over the phone who were not pushy. Installers were polite and efficient :)

Friendly, informative installer. very neat and tidy

Quoting process by phone only. Unable to send someone out to property
Installer punctual. Booked a day with me that was convenient.
Solaray customer service was excellent. Provided detailed info. Good emails. Detailed quote.
Solaray did everything on the day. All went smoothly.
Could of discussed the app on my phone in more detail
Didn't mind me asking lots of questions during the day.

Don't go anywhere else. These guys make it easy !

We are extremely happy.

We had a 8.1kw system with Enphase microinvertors installed.

It can be daunting finding a provider to install solar but with Solaray this process was seamless.

Thank you to the team for their hard work.

At the time we have had crazy rain in Sydney so their communication was really appreciated we had to juggle a few different days and this was no problem at all.

If you are looking to go Solar there is no need to go anywhere else.

Original Review on 18-07-2020:

Good price on quality product and smooth installation.

I found Solaray to have the best price for excellent quality product. There team were always helpful and answer any questions i have straight away. Original ratings

The System has performed as expected, its really been the customer service that I've felt hasn't been up to scratch. Very slow to answer questions once the system was installed and I had to keep chasing for answers around why I could only see generation of power on our app but couldn't see consumption and what was being returned to the grid. After much probing I was told I could spend another $900 to see this info.

Original Review on 05-07-2020:

Excellent Company To Deal With

Solaray Energy visited before installation. Everything then happened to plan with just outstanding service from office staff to installation crew.

Note and beware: We were not so happy with AGL our power provider - instead of the 15 days stated to change over our meter, it took 5 weeks!

8 months later we asked Pete: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system is performing to expectations, even with lots of wet, cloudy and foggy Blue Mountain days this summer. We use most power in the peak production times and our bills have been slashed dramatically. Last quarter $74 - same time last year $350,