Solaray Energy Pty Ltd Reviews

About Solaray Energy Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd
Gold Partner
Solaray Energy Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd is one of the leaders in the renewable energy market and has a proven track record when it comes to providing households with energy reduction solutions. It prides itself on offering a reliable, honest and trustworthy service that follows the strictest professional standards.

Customers can expect high quality products at competitive prices - the company is a member of the Clean Energy Council.

Customers who sign up with Solaray Energy Pty Ltd can be assured that all the necessary paperwork will be taken care of to ensure they receive all the government rebates and incentives they are entitled to.

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Just to clarify, I received a quote from Solaray Energy, ( which for some reason is not listed as one of the companies that provided me a quote) for a battery only as i already have a solar system installed.
Of the 3 quotes that I was given, Solaray Energy gave the best price. After further investigations , reading reviews and forums etc , I decided to go with Solaray Energy.

I would like to say the Solaray Energy was an absolute pleasure to deal with. They answered all my inquiries from the get go.

After signing the contract, the installation coordinator kept me updated on when they where expecting to receive the powerwall 2 (they did mention at the beginning that there was about 4 weeks wait). Once they had stock, we scheduled a suitable date for the installation.

The installer came on the schedule day at the time specified. They were ready friendly and polite.

Hassle free, neat and tidy installation and they cleanup after themselves.
Highly recommend them.

Thanks
William
Not the cheapest but highest value for money when we did an in-depth analysis of cost vs quality. Also a big plus for having Australian salespeople. Show additional information
Thanks Finn your web site is outstanding, I was able to obtain 3 excellent quotes and settled for Solar Ray who were just fantastic highly recommended your web site and Solar Ray. 10 out 10. Show additional information

Good experience from start to finish: great communication, efficient and great value for money

They happened to be the first company I spoke with - I wasn't expecting the phone to be answered late on a Friday afternoon but it was. They were able to give me good options based on satellite imagery of my property there and then on the phone, which set me off to a good start. I subsequently spoke with a number of other companies (and fielded about 30 calls from Eurosolar which was quite annoying) but no others could hit the same sweet spot of service, components quality, and price, so decided to go ahead with Solaray.

Solaray were patient and flexible, being happy to provide quotations for 4 different sized systems while I worked to optimise my generation capacity and payback!

On installation day everything went ahead as planned, and their subcontract installers were courteous and efficient. They also arranged for someone else to attend on a different day to upgrade the electricity meter, and unfortunately there was a bit of a misunderstanding on the work and the price but Solaray were quick to resolve the situation to our satisfaction.

It's been in for over 18 months now and has been performing even better than expected with regular cashback from the electricity company. Solaray and solar power are great things!
I struggled with the decision about whether to use micro inverters or a string inverter due to the higher cost of microinverters. I eventually went for microinverters and I am glad that I did! My roof has varying areas of patchy shade, much of which I had not noticed before I had the PV panels installed.
Solaray installed the system within a week of me paying the deposit. They started the installation about 7:20AM and by midday the system was producing power and the guys were on their way to the next job, taking all their rubbish with them.
Take care with metering no matter which retailer is used. This is the owner's responsibility and not the supplier/installer.
Note that new meters are now the responsibility of retailers in NSW and (i) there are inordinate delays obtaining/installing new meters (20-30 days is typical at present) (ii) tariff structures are quite misleading from all retailers (use the Energy Regulator web site for accurate and complete information) (iii) you cannot go directly to time of day electricity metering when changing meters (iv) there is a charge to go to time of day tariffs and this charge is not mentioned anywhere by retailers.
We ended up putting in a Tesla Powerwall 2 connecting to our existing 8 year old 3.2kW panels. I did this so we could work out how many more panels were needed.

Most of the time we are 100% self sufficient and usually above 80%.

I think we need another 5kW of panels this will cover winters shorter sunshine hours and any cloudy days.

The battery has far exceeded our expectations, we set up the Tesla app to use the "cost saving" setting with the power providers price schedule entered. So far the algorithm has worked really well in managing the power flow.
Following reviews and recommendations from SolarQuotes, we chose Solaray Energy for our install. 2 years after the first quote.
They did a brilliant job and were very patient with me while I chose the system.
Communications from Solaray was brilliant, from quote to order to install and after..
We also took the opportunity to move from AGL to a great Aussie company, Energy Locals.
System is in the process of installing. Detail provided upfront provided us with comfort to make a decision we felt capable of Show additional information
Very happy customer. While I was also very happy with the other service recommended and it was in fact cheaper, I went with Solaray for the more advanced micro inverter technology they quoted on and installed. Show additional information
Too much of a delay by the retailer in configuring the meter for feed-in. Show additional information
I ended up purchasing a 10kWh Enphase system with 28- IQ7+ microinverters, 28- LG NEON-2 340watt panels that carry a 25 year manufacturers warrantee and a 14 kW Tesla battery pack with Gateway.
I did use a lot of your information and advice that I received through your site along with a fair bit of research of my own prior to making a decision, which was not made lightly, as this was an investment and I wanted to get the most long term use out of the investment made onto my home.
I can not fault Solaray Energy from my initial phone call to them to the installation and then getting all my apps set up on my phone afterwards. They are a top end company. My installation took place 16 days after I signed my contract and paid my deposit.
my roof installation is flat, which Im not overly happy about because the LG panels get dirty quickly as the rain pools on them. I am assured that this ok for LG warranty though. Overall we love having solar, the monthly bill is already much lower, and the enphase app lets you monitor what is being consumed and produced closely.....very interesting.
Our meter box is yet to be upgraded though, as AGL found issues with our meter box being too full.
It was good to know that I was dealing with reputable firms that had been recommended by Solar Quotes Show additional information
After being told the panels would go on North & East roof by the salesperson, they then told me that 5 panels had to go on S/E. To put all the panels just on North & East was cluttered and messy.

Otherwise a good experience. The process was made clear with regular communication from them. They were the most expensive but brought their quote down to meet the 2nd quote. The third seemed too cheap.
I obtained an Enphase system with panel level monitoring being an issue. I was told that i could obtain that for another $350, so i declined that extra cost.

But then i was told that Enphase has recently upgraded their software to show individual panel information. Yet now that i've had it installed, there is no such detail. I asked the provider but was given a vague answer. Still waiting for details but i'm not holding out any hope.

Not sure if its an Enphase issue or the Solar Installer (company) setup issue.
Got LG NEON 2 340KW panels installed. Service and installation was good. Don’t know yet how the system will be working but hoping for the best. Show additional information
Can’t comment on installation as have only placed the order. But did buy a dearer system from Solaray because I accepted that they had the best system, offered value for money and had a track record to deliver to my expectation. Show additional information
Pre and post sales were excellent, the Solaray team was very helpful. Actually installation was mixed they seemed to do a good job and were efficient but there was no communication during and just after install so we had to rely on the manual and google to figure out next steps. Show additional information
Far too many conflicting ideas and configurations on offer with too many variables in price and quality of products.
I found your website very informative for me to be able to make the decision to go with Enphase 1Q7 microinverters and monitoring and better quality solar panels.
I compromised on size a bit to be within my preferred budget but I hope that the system I chose will give me some relief from high and rising energy costs.
So far so good. Only time will tell.
Panels due for installation on 15 Feb so can't comment on that yet. Show additional information
Everything has gone well except origin notified on 13 December that they would change my meter to a smart meter on 2 January. They didn’t show up and the file has no reason on it as to why and I wasn’t contacted. All origin can tell me is that they will email acumen. They are legally obliged to give me a minimum of 10 days notice for my next power interruption so who knows when I will see them. I have thousands of dollars worth of panels on my roof and it’s 40 degrees daily and I can’t get this thing hooked up. Not good. Solaray will charge me $150 to connect it as it is a revisit. I am not a priority client of origin as I actually have power. One month has passed since installation. I would have been better waiting till January for installation and keeping the money in my bank. Show additional information
I found it extremely difficult to get 'apples for apples' comparison quotes, and after a week or two of working with the detail info I was completely lost and confused. The mix and range of 'headline' vs 'quote' prices, and the range of system sizes, components, technology and quality made it extremely difficult for me to have a good feeling about what choice to make. In the end, I chose a high end system, and I am very pleased with it, the installers, and the sales & customer contact team members I dealt with. However, I have no feeling for whether a more middle of the road system would have served my purposes just as well. Perhaps I should have spent more time on the decision, but I did feel some time pressure due to 'end of year pricing', and what felt like more confusion, rather than less, as time went on. Show additional information
STILL TO CORRECT RECORDING OF CONSUMPTION CORRECTLY.UNDER RECORDING CONSUMPTION. Show additional information
The whole process was very smooth and easy, including getting the background information from the SolarQuotes web site to help make up my mind on the system I wanted. Salary did a great job on the installation and the system was installed and up and running in just a couple of hours. Show additional information
There were some issues with Solaray’s sub-contractors but that was quickly rectified by their main office. Otherwise we are very happy with our purchase. Show additional information
Purchased a 5.7kw system with trina panels and fronius 5kw inverter. Solaray were quick to install before xmas and after initial mix up with communicating, they were great in keeping me updated with the progress of the system and so far its been working great. Worth the extra amount for a quality system and didn't wait long to have it all set up. Show additional information
All good. The worst part in the whole experience was dealing with my energy retailer. Show additional information