Solaray Energy Pty Ltd Reviews

About Solaray Energy Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd
Platinum Partner
Solaray Energy Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 80 103 836 497  ABN active since 01 Apr 2003 | Solaray Energy Pty Ltd
ACN: 103 836 497  ACN active since 24 Feb 2003 | Solaray Energy Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 244921C Solaray Energy Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,500 - $10,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd is one of the leaders in the renewable energy market and has a proven track record when it comes to providing households with energy reduction solutions. It prides itself on offering a reliable, honest and trustworthy service that follows the strictest professional standards.

Customers can expect high quality products at competitive prices - the company is a member of the Clean Energy Council.

Customers who sign up with Solaray Energy Pty Ltd can be assured that all the necessary paperwork will be taken care of to ensure they receive all the government rebates and incentives they are entitled to.

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Best quality system

I went with Solaray as they are authorised by LG to instal their panels. My 6.65kw system of 19 LG 350w panels installed in a reasonable time after the contract was signed.
Maddie was great in terms of communication and was quick to respond to my queries.
Installation could not be carried out on the day as the same installation contractor was assigned my neighbours job as well and the electrician was not willing to go on the roof of my double storey home!
So I took a day off from work, stayed home and was disappointed that my installation did not even commence.
It then had to be rescheduled to next week and Solaray got another contractor to install. 80% of the work was done on this occasion and the panels could not be installed due to windy conditions which I understand.
Finally, the system is now installed and I can’t wait to see it in action.
Overall a good experience except the installation delay which made me a bit nervous.
Hopefully, everything goes well from her including after sales service.

Very happy customer

On top of the three quotes that I received through SolarQuotes I also received two additional from other companies, and Solaray were by far the easiest to deal with, least pushy, most competitive and quick to respond to questions of all five companies. The system was installed within a week of making my decision to go ahead, the installers were excellent (even re-designing the layout when they arrived to make it more aesthetically pleasing) and I'm very happy with the solar that the system is producing. Show additional information

Excellent Company To Deal With

Solaray Energy visited before installation. Everything then happened to plan with just outstanding service from office staff to installation crew.

Note and beware: We were not so happy with AGL our power provider - instead of the 15 days stated to change over our meter, it took 5 weeks!

Very happy customer

I recieved the referral from solarquotes 12 months prior to actually going ahead with solar purchase and had initial discussions with the team from Solaray Energy which provided a quote and were more very helpful to answer any questions i had whilst learning about solar. 12 months on i went back to Solaray who provided a very competitive price and made the whole process from initial discussions to finished installation very easy. I have no issue reccomending Solaray Energy, the installation team were prompt, thorough, and cleaned up after work was finished.
Very happy with Solaray Energy.

Positive experience from start to finish

The experience with Solaray was positive from the beginning. The initial quoting process was detailed and the company representative was open to as many questions as I had. Once I decided to go with Solaray I was appointed a specific person that managed the process up until the install. They kept me up to date on all requirements and showed flexibility with the install date. The installation itself was seamless. The team were professional and courteous. On the day of install we had some issues with connecting the inverter to the online portal. The issues were explained and the issue was resolved within 2 business days. Post install any question that I had was answered promptly by the team. I feel well supported by Solaray and would recommend their business. Show additional information

Operating well.

Needed a tweak with Enphase Enlighten to get the reporting of consumption correct. Exporting during sunny days. Looking forward to getting the battery. Battery will save some $ but importantly will act as backup. Solaray very professional.
All good 1 month in.

Acceptable and meeting expectations

We had three quotes - 2 with micro inverters and 1 with dc optimiser. The one we went with was actually the one I liked least in terms of service and friendliness - the sales person seemed a little pushy and not as helpful and friendly as the others. But I went with them because we decided to go with micro inverters, the company itself was well known, they were cec accredited and the price differential wasn’t too much. However, as the installers were contractors - despite assurances that installers would assess the tree shade and make any adjustments to layout as necessary, the installers when asked said this was something that should’ve been assessed and managed beforehand. A little disappointing there and the layout probably wasn’t optimal given the tree shade that ultimately occurred on the panels as installed. Everything else was fine - from post sales admin to install, which I guess is the more important part. System operating as expected. Show additional information

Great Installation and customer service

Sales quoting process went smoothly with Salesman being polite
The installation was great very tidy
The cistomer service was great

Great overall service

We increased our initial quote and the company had it installed within a couple of day from acceptance of quote. Show additional information

Micro converter solar system

I have a shady roof so can’t get the best results with a string system.
I chose to go with the micro converter type solar set up which works best in my situation

Great Job

Good clean installation with no problems. Staff efficient and helpful. Office staff very helpful and attentive as was the sales representative. Show additional information

Great price & info. Attentive sales person & fast efficient installation.

Salesperson 1st rate, best quote by some way with punctual installation & assistance when required. Show additional information

SOLARAY / An Average Solar Company

SALES/QUOTING : Was ultra confused by a window of about 8 electronic signatures that suddenly over imposed the quote reading and wondering what it was pressed to find that I had accepted the quote by accident with deposit payable.
An unpleasant phone call followed.

INSTALLATION:
Seemingly poorly trained impolite rails & panels installation crew arrived on site in a big hurry to do the job.
1/ No grinding of cement tile lugs, which I was expecting. When challenged was told it won't be done.
2/ Poorly installed rails with rails not leveled or straight along lengths.
3/ 24 panels installed from van to roof boltdown in 90 mins with one being damaged requiring replacement when they were ready 2 weeks later.
4/ Mind blowing torque applied to 8mm panels fasteners , some with perceived double required torque applied. ( a few checked, but not measured )
5/ West rails installed in wrong position with fix being to offset panels on rails with big panel overhang to one side.
Panels position consultation on day was not satisfactory.
6/ ( The just OK ) Licensed electrician was good and knew their stuff concerning electrical installation, BUT failed to say after they commissioned/turned on system that 3 phase meters would be running in reverse for the 3 weeks prior to meter change ( SOLARAY did not offer to facilitate meter install or tell me about meters reversal ). Not sure what Energy Australia will do about negative meter reads when they discover less than previous EA meter readers figures.

CUSTOMER SERVICE:
Fair customer service.
In the end due to necessary calls/emails relating to problems I won't be considered to be a good client and probably not welcomed back.

Professional Installation

From time of quote to final install Solaray were excellent. My only concern was no site visit prior install but all worked out in the end without a hitch. All questions and queries were answered and calls returned promptly. The installation was carried out within a week of paying deposit. Installation went without a hitch and installers were both efficient and courteous and explained all that was required and answered any questions we had. Solaray provided and partially completed relevant form required by our electricity provider to change Meter which was done within 3 weeks after installation. I found Solaray to be professional and courteous in our dealings and would recommend them to anyone after solar. Show additional information

Fast, easy and professional

Everything was smooth from start to finish.
We did our research and knew exactly what we wanted but all the questions about details were answered in a very timely manner.
Paid the deposit and had the system installed in a week. The installation team was punctual, courteous and efficient.
Awesome customer service.
The system runs smooth and the app is very comprehensive- it even sends reports on the performance of the system.
So far the bill dropped to more than half in a month.
Very happy customer here.

Professional service and great quality product

I am glad with the choice to go with a top quality system and micro-inverters. The quoting process was informative and the sales team were courteous and professional. Due to the onset on Covid-19 and the difficult economic climate they offered a discount which sealed the deal. The electrician was outstanding and very helpful to explain the system and help me understand the various components (which I like to ask about). The installers left a few stray screws and wires on the roof after the install, which was a little sloppy, but within limits.
My only small concern after the job was completed, was that there is some consistent shading over one panel (out of 20) which could have been averted if the planning had been more thorough with a site visit. There was no prior site visit and this could have helped in the placement of the problem panel. This will not be an issue in summer months, just when sun is tracking lower.
I am super impressed with the data I can get at any time on my phone app regarding consumption and production and import/export from the grid. Helps me understand how we can slightly modify our behaviour with help from the sun to maximize our savings.
Overall, I am very happy with the new solar installation and would recommend the company.

Incorrect equipment installed and not notified of power loss

Incorrect breaker installed and I lost power production for best part of a quarter and was not notified and nothing was done until I got my power bill and had to call them. Show additional information

Everything went smoothly and as expected.

My only hesitation prior to the installation was that solaray use contractors but I’m happy to say that the ones they sent were very experienced so I had no problems. I think though that if they had not been in business for a long time I probably would not have gone with them.
Having said that I can recommend them specially if you’re after an Enphase system.

Great deal, top product offering and fast installation. Long term warranty

Easy to deal with. Fast responses and reassuring
Punctual, tidy neat installation to my specifications
Answered all my questions and back office staff were very helpful through email
Quality workmanship for now with a great looking product

Excellent job

The quoting process was difficult - lots of conflicting advice. Settled on Enphase and Trina panels.
The Solaray guys were very patient - I requested prices many options before settling on one. The quotes and service from other suppliers were all good too.
Customer service was ecellent - ALSO got it done very quickly which was a concern with COVID - 19 impacting on things

Selected Solaray - You won't be disappointed

The team from Solaray have done a pretty good job from pre-sale to post-sale stages. Sales Rep Sam has explained clearly on the quotes and provided the comparison from other solar product brands. Service Team Rebecca has followed all details precisely and arranged the installation process very well.
The installation team leaded by Matthew has completed the job tidily and quickly with a team of 4 guys.
Started around 7am and completed the work around 12pm.
The entire solar system is up and running within 4-5 hours.

I like charging my Ryobi tools and mower from the sun ! ..

Solaray were prompt and efficient.
Oversized and future proofed AC solar system, which will add value to the home!

Great Installation

Right from the beginning the Solaray team have been great, other than weather prohibiting the guys to install the panels everything ran to plan. Thank you to the Solaray team Show additional information

Love my solar panels and Tesla battery

They were here 5 hours-a team of 4. The same team installed panels and battery which was very convenient.

Very efficient and professional and patient with my questions. They tidied up so you wouldn't have known they'd been!

I had done lots of work on this getting up to speed so am glad I had the courage to make the leap. I did get 3 quotes. These people gave by far the most comprehensive quote and have unfailingly been there to answer my questions. The system was fully functioning when they left. I organised the smart meter through my electricity retailer and that is due next week - they guarantee in 15 working days and this is exactly 2 weeks. It was important to me to have a quality, efficient system with good follow up mechanisms in place.
Solaray have stood by the quality of their system, installation and software set-up and answered countless user questions for many years now. I wouldn't be surprised if I was one of their most complex user installs - 6 arrays in 4 different compass directions over 3 upgrades in 2.5 years on multiple story house! They manage the user experience very, very well and have high quality installers. The only areas for improvement I would consider are their sales folk might educate us how to economically best size PV panels to inverter sizes given there must be enough hard data now (they possibly do now) and secondly always ensure their Sales team planned solar panel placement on a roof match what their professional installer team can do; once I had an experience where my final upgrade was to install 10 new panels on two roof areas that the Sales team said was do-able but their installers said only 8 could be safely fitted. One doesn't get much back when you de-size a purchased upgrade; a 20% reduction in size of order surprised me with only a 5% reduction in quote. Apart from that - the level of service and support has been fantastic, truly excellent! Show additional information

Professional service.

process was smooth and professional from start to installation today. Show additional information

Very happy with system and service.

Best company i have spoken to. They know their solar products and helped me throughout whole process. Top quality LG+Enphase system. Very happy with it.
Installer arrived on time, was friendly, done installation quickly and tidied up before leaving.

Reliable services

I am happy with Solaray. They gave me a good price, beautiful layout and reliable instalation. Show additional information

Very good to work with

The sales person was very good at providing detailed information, and they followed up regularly. They were pretty busy doing installations so it took a few weeks to lock in the installation date, but once decided it all went without a hitch. The solar array is working really well, we are very happy. Show additional information

Good all round supplier installation was performed quickly and on time

Well organised throughout process
Review of installation was done and no issues

Best customer service

Excellent customer service and matched the price of another company Show additional information

Solaray LG/Enphase

Fastest to respond to the quote and install, good communications throughout Show additional information
We ended up putting in a Tesla Powerwall 2 connecting to our existing 8 year old 3.2kW panels. I did this so we could work out how many more panels were needed.

Most of the time we are 100% self sufficient and usually above 80%.

I think we need another 5kW of panels this will cover winters shorter sunshine hours and any cloudy days.

The battery has far exceeded our expectations, we set up the Tesla app to use the "cost saving" setting with the power providers price schedule entered. So far the algorithm has worked really well in managing the power flow.

Smooth installation and excellent service

Solaray Energy was very helpful in the sales quoting stage. They installed the system on the promised date with no issues. Customer service was also great. They handled the whole process smoothly with no involvement on my side. Show additional information

A smooth and problem free installation.

There was little difference between the suppliers who quoted. All quoted the same quality panels and inverters and price differential was quite small. Installation by Solaray went smoothly. There was no mess and the system is performing as expected. Final cost, after the rebate was $1,000/Kw.8 Show additional information
System is in the process of installing. Detail provided upfront provided us with comfort to make a decision we felt capable of Show additional information

Smooth and quick

With thanks to Solarquotes, and other websites, the system style and configuration was predetermined - Enphase system with LG panels.
Solaray were quick and efficient to provide quotes to meet a particular budget for this type of system configuration
Installers were very punctual, informative and accommodating - mounting the control module in a non standard location (inside building instead of outside).
Installer provided the correct paperwork on the install day in order for us to then work with energy retailer to change meter.

Great customer service quick installation

Quote was the cheapest for the system I wanted. They were on time and completed the installation in a timely manner. There customer service was excellent and answered any questions I had straight away. Would definitely recommend them. Show additional information

I have one inverter not working which I am having trouble getting them to come back and repair it only worked for 4 days

Al good happy with the service and installation just need them to back themselves and carry out the repair Show additional information

Great installers - punctual, polite, helpful

First company to contact me, honest in advising what I needed rather than what I thought I wanted
(all 3 companies gave excellent service with their explanations/quoting)
Install with no problems - polite helpful tidy and punctual
The grid connection was confusing, should have read all the emails though which would have helped. Still waiting for retailer to change the meter.

Great company to deal with

Prompt and informative quote process and answered questions thoroughly.
Very straight forward installation, high s Ta bears if work and friendly team.
Customers service on point

great installer

everything went pretty smoothly, didn't realise one of my panels weren't on the plan until they installed them but it was sorted out quickly.
very happy i used solarquotes and found this wonderful trustworthy company

Excellent trouble free experience

It's early days in my experience with solar, however Solaray Energy were very informative and helpful in getting me through an understanding of solar and how it works, and the installation process. They returned calls promptly and were very clear with technical information. They were a great help in working with my Energy retailer to connect the panels to the grid. They were also very kind. Show additional information

Disappointing

Solaray contacted me in September. During a couple of phone calls and several emails I outlined what I was looking for in a solar system, provided my address and various details regarding my electricity usage and costs. During these discussions I raised the issue of the height of my meter panel as I had read that this can be an issue with some retailers. No further concerns were raised by Solaray.

After being provided with a couple of quotes for various system sizes and product mixes I signed off on the paperwork to purchase a system from Solaray in late October. I paid the deposit. Given that I was to be overseas during most of November the installation was organised for early December. I paid for the system in full immediately prior to the agreed installation date.

The installer arrived at the agreed time on the scheduled installation day. The installer and I discussed the installation and after answering a few questions that I had, he started preparing for the installation. After a short period of time he came to see me and said that he could not proceed with the installation as the roof pitch was too steep. He asked me if there had been any site inspection arranged prior to installation. I stated that no one had contacted me to arrange a site inspection. The installer then said he would have to contact Solaray to discuss the roof pitch issue as the only way they could install the system is with scaffolding being set up. A short while later he spoke to me again saying he was leaving site and Solaray would contact me to discuss the installation.

Later that day I received an email from Solaray stating that the roof pitch was too steep to work on safely and that they were cancelling my order and would refund my monies. I rang Solaray to discuss the issue to be told that they could not perform the installation due to the steep roof pitch. I raised the issue of scaffolding and was told that it would be too costly and would make the system uneconomical. I stated that I was angry and disappointed with Solaray and I based on my experience would not be recommending them as a solar system installer. I was asked to provide my bank account details so that my monies could be refunded.

So the upshot is that I have spent time and energy on a process which has not provided me with a solar system. In addition it is now too close to the end of the year to go through the process again to take advantage of this year's STC price.

Based on the above I cannot recommend Solaray as an installer of solar systems.

Fantastic Service and Exceeding Expectations

Salaray sales staff were organised and provided all the information requested within agreed time frame. After receiving several quotes, Solaray discounted the install cost which secured the sale (I was already set on Solarary, It's always a good idea to ask for a better price). Quotes were provided on the same day in writing.

The third party installation team were on time, professional, and raised a layout concerns before hand as quotation was done without an onsite visit. No major changes to original design as the install team was able to adjust the layout to get all the panels on a low pitch roof (granny flat). The team tested the systems and provided a quick power production demo from the Envoy monitoring system.

The customer service provided by Solaray was fantastic. They work closely with my energy supplier, Energy Locals, and have provided them with all the details required.

I also spoke to Energy Locals to organise the meter upgrade before hand. Solaray also organised my Envoy system monitoring account via the vendor and I can monitor my power production and consumption. I'm producing more power than expected.

Considerate and Never Pushy

Steve from Solar Ray was very considerate and answered all questions, He never pushed us to sign just tried to answer anything we had and help us out our minds at ease. Installation went well without any hitches and we were always kept informed. Show additional information

Solaray - Excellent Communication and Service

Solaray did a great job installing and monitoring my system. Not the cheapest, but excellent components and after sales service and installation communication was very good. On monitoring my system they discovered 4 micro-inverters that were faulty and quickly replaced them. The Enphase on line monitoring system is great and I can monitor the performance of my system at any time on line. Happy to recommend Solaray. They were easy to deal with and even made changes to the system at my request. Show additional information

Good experience

Solaray gave good technical advice about the different systems, no pressure to choose a particular brand or type of system. Great follow up support after installation. Installer was professional, quick and neat. Show additional information

Good quality

Install and service prior to install was good. They answered all my questions. They have used SS bolts and 100mm clearance brackets for the roof. But it took me 2 weeks of chasing them and 3 attempts by their installers to get the enphase system reporting properly. The sales guy pushed me to the operations guy, the operations guy pushed me to the installer. It was a circular chasing method to get what I wanted in the end. Show additional information

Very helpful company to deal with.

Sales and quoting service was really good. Installers were punctual, tidy and very nice to deal with. Show additional information