Solaray Energy Pty Ltd

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd Reviews

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd is one of the leaders in the renewable energy market and has a proven track record when it comes to providing households with energy reduction solutions. It prides itself on offering a reliable, honest and trustworthy service that follows the strictest professional standards.

Customers can expect high quality products at competitive prices - the company is a member of the Clean Energy Council.

Customers who sign up with Solaray Energy Pty Ltd can be assured that all the necessary paperwork will be taken care of to ensure they receive all the government rebates and incentives they are entitled to.

Reviewers report paying: $4,999 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd Reviews (547)

4.1/5

4.4/5

4.4/5

4.2/5

Great Service

Informative, accurate
Installation was brilliant and efficient
I did have to initiate consultation after installation but was happy with the response after.

Glad to hear from our 'happy green camper' Rory!

Brilliant and efficient are descriptors we strive to earn with all our customers!

Solaray - Efficient friendly and affordable

All dealings with Solaray have been easy and efficient - they have made the whole process so much easier for me combined that with your service of narrowing down to good suppliers really helped so thank you very much - very happy the last piece of the installation is happening today and then I am SOLAR happy.

We love hearing what a great experience you have had all round Michelle!

Your 12kW of solar will do you very well for decades to come!

Solid service and quality

We are happy with Solaray. The advice and quote process was sensible, without the exaggerated claims we met with other companies. The fact that they sent the final installation company for a site visit was important to us. The installation went very smoothly and we we are having fun watching our consumption and production on the app.

Great to hear you and Michael were happy with your installation experience. We pride ourselves on giving honest helpful advice unlike some of our competitors.

We love following the consumption on the Enlighten app too! Great to be able to see your panels at work in real-time!

Excellent review site

Very happy with Solarquotes, they really helped me make a good choice, by explaining the pitfalls and what to look out for.
My selected installer was excellent, from quote to installation and organising the grid connection, plus further support offered.

Solaray are happy you found your experience with our team so positive. Tammy and the team are here if you ever need any assistance!

No fuss no problems

Quote prompt and well presented.
Installation punctual and efficient.
Grid connection organised following installation. Service calls until we were satisfied.

Glad to hear what a good experience you had Edward. I'll pass on your kind words to Steve, Deb and the team.

Top Shelf Solar Company

Solar Quotes arranged two quotes from recommended solar companies. Solaray was one of the companies who responded and explained various options and costings. Quoted a greatly discounted price for a premium system which I accepted. System was quickly and very professionally installed. Great customer service during the process and follow up following installation. Highly recomend Solar Quotes and Solaray.

Love hearing what a great experience you had throughout the installation process Geoff.

I'll pass on your lovely feedback to Steve, Deb and the rest of the team!

Good service from start to finish

All involved both in the office and on site have been polite and professional.

Thanks for your review Mark.
I'll pass on your kind feedback to Steve, Tammy, Deb and the rest of the crew.

Fantastic service, quality products at a reasonable price

Fantastic service, quality products at a reasonable price. Installer was great very helpful

Being helpful is all part of the Solaray experience! Great to hear how happy you were Peter!

Can't wait to see how happy to are after your next power bill!

Great positive experience from start to finish

The sales quoting process was very straightforward, clear and competitive.
The installation was perfectly smooth, punctual, very careful (I was worried with my tiled roof), tidy and organised
After sales service is excellent, you always have someone there to ask for anything unclear. They are friendly and keep looking after you.

Great to hear what a positive experience you had all-round with Solaray! Thanks Dewi!

Easy process from start to install

Sales Quoting process was easy and provided high level of detail.
Installation was done in 3/4 of a day. Punctual, worked hard, Very neat and tidy and wanted perfection for installation on cabling, Conduits, circuit breakers, Battery.

Glad to hear what a great installation experience you had Michael.

A good looking, hard working installation is what Solaray is all about!

Reliable and efficient

Good customer service. The installation process was very prompt and smooth.

Great to hear what a smooth installation experience you had. Enjoy your roof working hard for you this summer!

Original Review on 28-01-2021:

Great experience through quote to install

Solaray quoted well, but were not quite as competitive as I had wanted, so over a few days we moved around on price until I was happy to go ahead with them.
Installation was carried out well, and the lead installer did a good job of keeping me informed. The electrical box was well placed.
The arrangements for the installation were very good, and I was kept well informed by the friendly team. On completion of the job they also triggered the replacement of the meter.
All in all, so far, I'm very happy I picked Solaray. (And I also chose them due to two very good recommendations from friends.)

Glad to hear the system is performing well Nick!

8 months later we asked Nick: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, the system seems to be performing well without any issues.

Original Review on 30-12-2020:

Quality from Start to Finish

The coordination was excellent (allowed me to have a tiler on board on the day to replace roof tiles) plus the quality of he work was excellent - much neater than my original system. Original ratings

Great to hear things are going well Jeremy. I'm a bit of a stats nerd too, so I love being able to access all the analytics on my system and see how it is performing.

When you are ready to jump onto the storage bandwagon, you know where to find us!

9 months later we asked Jeremy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Again, I can't rate our supplier and installer Solaray high enough - first class for value, quality and workmanship. Along with our SolarAnalytics monitoring system we have great insight into the patterns of our usage and consumption. We're also watching very carefully from the sidelines for the developments in the batteries and associated pricings arena - as soon as that equation works we'll look to invest there too.

Thanks Finn and team for your help here - one very happy customer with the system exceeding our expectations!

Original Review on 26-12-2020:

Very happy customer

Extremely helpful answering all my questions before and after install. I kept calling as I thought of more questions, but nothing was a problem for them. Very impressed with their professionalism and thoroughness.
Install was very professional and polite.

Glad to hear things are going well Glenn!

8 months later we asked Glenn: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, very happy with the system.

Fast and organized installation

It was a smooth process since the quotation stage. Installation booked in a short period of time and done on the day scheduled. Removed and recycled existing solar system with no extra cost. System works fine over a month now. Called the company back only once for data connection drop-out that was easy to re-connect it. Would go with them if installing again. Owners should pay attention to available feed-in tariff plans if going over 10 kW and best panel layout.

Thanks for your review Volkan! We're glad to hear what a positive installation experience you had with the Solaray team!

The company that listened

They discussed what I wanted without a preconceived product that they wanted to sell and advised on the basis of what I asked for. Other companies that I spoke to were either hard sell or inflexible.

Installation was "no fuss" quick and clean.

The company has arranged the new meter to be fitted next week.

Overall performance is too early to tell.

Heard wonderful stories about the product of the other quoters but research did not stack up.

Thanks for the review Michael. You are absolutely right - it is no good to push particular products on people - you need the system that is going to suit your needs and that is what we are all about!

Came when they said they would and did the neatest installation

Powerwall install -Product needs no selling- good price, good communication, great tidy install and nice people in general. I'll use them for my second array

Great to hear what a good installation experience you had with us. Just give us a call when you are ready for that second array!

Excellent installation

Quotation was fast, sales person helpful. Installation team excellent and work tidy. Change of meter and grid connection all organised by Solaray. So happy with everything. Highly recommended.

Original Review on 30-11-2020:

Excellent - on time and quality job; customer service responsive and professional

Excellent so far. Install was neat and team were super helpful. Solar ray have been excellent and in contact with me through the whole process. Install team did a very neat and tidy job. Very happy. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Jennifer: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. My bills are significantly reduced. Very happy

Good overall experience

The sales/quoting process was straight forward. The system was installed a few days after I made a deposit. My initial questions regarding the some of the panels power output were explained thoroughly. The grid connection was organized by the installer as well.

Satisfied customer

The sales and quoting process was comprehensive and very professional. They were good enough to vary the quote a few times while I decided on the best size to install. The installers themselves were efficient and helpful. The follow up service successfully organised my new smart metre which is coming tomorrow.

No trouble. Good installation and services with best price.

Sales: Pleasant to deal with
Price: Provided most competitive figures
Installation: Was quick and had no issue at all
System: It has been running perfect so far
After Service: Helped me with meter upgrade and provided helpline in case anything is needed
Overall: Very satisfied with level of service and product

Neg: Sales wasn't too clear about what kind of monitoring system is included

An end of month special price on a quality 9.8Kw Trina/Enphase system.

The 3phase system was installed within 5 days of acceptance as fortunately we didn't have to change the 3phase meter. The systems been generating in excess of 30Kwh a day pretty much ever since in the middle of winter and a very sub-optimal roof layout.

A very neat installation with all wiring are behind the house facade -meaning no exposed conduit!

SolarRay followed up on a query within an hour and it was resolved within 2 hours. SO good service.

Original Review on 20-10-2020:

Professional and informative, no hard sell

Everything was done very well and punctual.No hassles and have really helped in organising the smart solar meter replacement. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Bill: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes in fact my electricity bill has fallen by more than 50 % which is above my expectations

Original Review on 26-11-2020:

Supremely

Supremely professional, prompt, polite, they did what they said they'd do in the given time frame.
We even had our own project manager whom we are STILL contacting and getting assistance! I highly recommend Solaray and their team! Thanks heaps Finn!! And Solaray!!

7 months later we asked Patrick: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes with bells on!!!
Our power bill is still in minus!!
We have an monthly instalment going onto the account which started off over $200 and it has dropped down over the months to just $35 in June from $208 in September 2020!!
No more nasty surprises or $600 power bills!!
We get a monthly power production report from Enphase, every now and then we get a call from SolaRay to checking in..couldn't be happier!!
Will be interesting to see how it performs in winter with us using a lot of power for heating in the mornings and eveningd

Happy Customer

It is only a matter of a few weeks since our panels were installed so a bit early for an in-depth review.

So far we are very happy. All the people we spoke to who were connected with this company were polite and friendly and knew their job; in particular, Patrick Smith, their sales guy, who we spoke to several times before our decision. His knowlege and patience was a key deciding factor.

Installer was great.

Quoting process was good however there was a glitch that the installer picked up. Photo included with quote was not our house and if it had been followed panels would have been installed on the wrong side of the roof.

Happy Customer

No hard sell just facts and options , installers were on time polite and efficient. Customer Service organised to the grid connection after the install.

Great Instalation Company

The sales person was brilliant! The web generated quotes were super detailed and clear. They were true to their word at ever step of the way. We had a range of quotes from Solaray but after the site visit the sales person generated another quote, the one we eventually selected. The installation team were brilliant, hard working and so courteous, but they did leave a few things that needed fixing but Solaray arranged that to be done and it was to my satisfaction. The only negative was getting the meter changed, I should not have started to change energy supplier just before the solar install, as the change over was going to take over three months! I went back to my original suppler to get the new meter.

Not a bad purchasing experience...

The quoting process was a bit of a lengthy one. The consultant provided good information for me to make an informed decision. However, the negotiations wasn’t all that smooth. He initially mentioned that he can work out a special price, but when I asked for a discount he said no. Then a few weeks later he could.

The consultant kept on following me up and after numerous attempts I decided to proceed.

Installation went by quickly. Although they damaged one of my tiles and I have a missing branch cutter they had initially borrowed from me to remove for easier installation near the rose bush.

The admin team are great. Quick and prompt with their emails.

Great system and service for a great price!

- Sales and quoting process was good and much better than some of the other options I had.
- Installation was good, quality of the work seemed good, site was cleaned up well afterwards. The boys worked hard all day as I have a two story house, but got it done, only 10min power interruption for me. Only downside (scraping the bottom of the barrel) was that someone stepped on my flowers! Time will tell, but if that's the worst thing to happen in the installation I think they must be alright!
- Customer service was excellent, made the whole process very very easy. Pay deposit, provide some photos, schedule install, conduct install, get access, documentation emailed to my electricity retailer. I was surprised at how easy this was.

Original Review on 27-08-2020:

Very pleasing outcome.

Panels installed within a couple of weeks of ordering. Very smooth installation process. Once all installed, after sales service was a bit slow in providing technical infomation on the whole system, including how to monitor etc. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Mark: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has run flawlessly, however I have never been able to get any clear instruction on what the various lights mean on the Invertor, or even how to read the smart meter.

Very professional company

From the moment they arrived to quote on our Solar System, we were extremely pleased with the whole process from start to finish. They were prompt in arriving, in submitting the initial quote, to the signing of the contract.

Installation followed a few weeks later hassle free with no complications. Extremely polite, courteous and punctual installers.

Extremely efficient after sales service in submitting all necessary paperwork and follow up paperwork/warranty to us.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this company to anyone.

Top quality system some minor hiccups but overall well satisfied

Initial consultation very comprehensive, sales person very keen to help. Expensive but you get what you pay for, the installation generally went smoothly, however, there was a misunderstanding between the installers and the office team regarding the placement of some panels, requiring a second rectifying visit. The installers arrived on time, were very clean and removed all rubbish. The system was completed and functioned perfectly from completion. The grid connection has been organised and we have subsequently been contacted to arrange the installation of a new meter.

The second company we were given to contact failed to contact us until we had been talking with the successful company for more than a week. We took this to mean they were either too busy or not keen on the job. We have an 8kW system with Powerwall 2 battery.

Solaray

Very efficient
Not pushy, polite, punctual
Customer service excellent went well and way and beyond with everything

Helpful support and smooth installation

Informative contacts over the phone who were not pushy. Installers were polite and efficient :)

Friendly, informative installer. very neat and tidy

Quoting process by phone only. Unable to send someone out to property
Installer punctual. Booked a day with me that was convenient.
Solaray customer service was excellent. Provided detailed info. Good emails. Detailed quote.
Solaray did everything on the day. All went smoothly.
Could of discussed the app on my phone in more detail
Didn't mind me asking lots of questions during the day.

Don't go anywhere else. These guys make it easy !

We are extremely happy.

We had a 8.1kw system with Enphase microinvertors installed.

It can be daunting finding a provider to install solar but with Solaray this process was seamless.

Thank you to the team for their hard work.

At the time we have had crazy rain in Sydney so their communication was really appreciated we had to juggle a few different days and this was no problem at all.

If you are looking to go Solar there is no need to go anywhere else.

Original Review on 18-07-2020:

Good price on quality product and smooth installation.

I found Solaray to have the best price for excellent quality product. There team were always helpful and answer any questions i have straight away. Original ratings

The System has performed as expected, its really been the customer service that I've felt hasn't been up to scratch. Very slow to answer questions once the system was installed and I had to keep chasing for answers around why I could only see generation of power on our app but couldn't see consumption and what was being returned to the grid. After much probing I was told I could spend another $900 to see this info.

Original Review on 05-07-2020:

Excellent Company To Deal With

Solaray Energy visited before installation. Everything then happened to plan with just outstanding service from office staff to installation crew.

Note and beware: We were not so happy with AGL our power provider - instead of the 15 days stated to change over our meter, it took 5 weeks!

8 months later we asked Pete: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system is performing to expectations, even with lots of wet, cloudy and foggy Blue Mountain days this summer. We use most power in the peak production times and our bills have been slashed dramatically. Last quarter $74 - same time last year $350,

A simple and straightforward process nicely completed.

The quotation was easy and understandable.
The installer turned up at the stated time, although we thought it would be hampered by rain, but went forward ok and completed within about 6 hours.
We had the required paperwork to submit to our energy provider which was accepted for the meter exchange, but still waiting for that to happen in the next few days..

great job

Very good service and the lady was very knowledgeable. The install was prompt and professional.

Original Review on 30-06-2020:

Positive experience from start to finish

The experience with Solaray was positive from the beginning. The initial quoting process was detailed and the company representative was open to as many questions as I had. Once I decided to go with Solaray I was appointed a specific person that managed the process up until the install. They kept me up to date on all requirements and showed flexibility with the install date. The installation itself was seamless. The team were professional and courteous. On the day of install we had some issues with connecting the inverter to the online portal. The issues were explained and the issue was resolved within 2 business days. Post install any question that I had was answered promptly by the team. I feel well supported by Solaray and would recommend their business. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Joy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

12 months on the system is working great, no issues at all.

Original Review on 25-06-2020:

Operating well.

Needed a tweak with Enphase Enlighten to get the reporting of consumption correct. Exporting during sunny days. Looking forward to getting the battery. Battery will save some $ but importantly will act as backup. Solaray very professional.
All good 1 month in.

8 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes indeed. Very happy. Only problem was high voltages from the mains (up to 269 volts!). Solaray were able to help me diagnose issue. This was rectified fairly promptly by Endeavour Energy by changing the tap on the the local street transformer.
System has reduced our power bills to minimal amounts, in fact getting credits during at least 6 months of the year and has been providing back up power during blackouts.

Original Review on 20-07-2020:

Beware the hidden costs

Most things about the quoting and planning stage of my install were quite good. The sales and support team knew their stuff. It’s the installation that left a sour taste. I picked Solaray to install my system because they were members of all the industry organisations.

The Solaray installers left wiring refuse in the gutters and broke many ( > 15) tiles. There are still tiles cemented below ridges and hips, not replaced, but just siliconed. I wanted Solaray to fix these broken tiles at their expense but that hasn’t happened. It’s a ONE year old roof, which after the solar panels were installed, was rechecked, including laboratory testing of tiles and was confirmed to meet Australian standards.

My advice would be to have plenty of tiles spare on the day so the installers can replace them for you. Maybe be prepared to clean the gutters yourself of all the copper wiring leftovers.

7 months later we asked Robert: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has exceeded my expectations especially in the summer months.

Original Review on 31-05-2020:

Great Job

Good clean installation with no problems. Staff efficient and helpful. Office staff very helpful and attentive as was the sales representative. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Anthony: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, so far the system is living up to expectations.

Poor customer service

I went with their quote in November, partly because they said they could install before Christmas. Never heard anything again. I rang the week before Christmas and they said they had to do some thinking about access. i emailed then on Jan25th and their reply was that they decided not to do the job and would refund my deposit.

Professional customer service

Each and every staff member from Solaray was helpful, knowledgeable and a pleasure to deal with. Highly recommend!

Original Review on 03-05-2020:

Everything went smoothly and as expected.

My only hesitation prior to the installation was that solaray use contractors but I’m happy to say that the ones they sent were very experienced so I had no problems. I think though that if they had not been in business for a long time I probably would not have gone with them.
Having said that I can recommend them specially if you’re after an Enphase system.

8 months later we asked Phillip: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It took a while to see some good rewards because of the time o year that I got it installed but the last couple of months with lots of sunshine, my bill has been in credit. The app is helpful too, I was wasting a lot of power in the middle of the night which once I identified what it was, I managed to switch it to the sunlight hours.

Great service from start to finish. Good range of products to create a package tailored to suit your budget and needs. Installation was professionally done within half a day by a friendly and helpful

Sales process was informative, friendly and tailored to our needs and budget.

Installation was completed by 3 friendly and knowledgeable installers within half a day.

The team followed up every step of the way from coordinating the installation to fielding calls about my questions and connecting the inverter to the online monitoring system.