Solaray Energy Pty Ltd

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd Reviews

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd is one of the leaders in the renewable energy market and has a proven track record when it comes to providing households with energy reduction solutions. It prides itself on offering a reliable, honest and trustworthy service that follows the strictest professional standards.

Customers can expect high quality products at competitive prices - the company is a member of the Clean Energy Council.

Customers who sign up with Solaray Energy Pty Ltd can be assured that all the necessary paperwork will be taken care of to ensure they receive all the government rebates and incentives they are entitled to.

Reviewers report paying: $4,500 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solaray Energy Pty Ltd Reviews (525)

4.1/5

4.4/5

4.4/5

4.2/5

Great Instalation Company

The sales person was brilliant! The web generated quotes were super detailed and clear. They were true to their word at ever step of the way. We had a range of quotes from Solaray but after the site visit the sales person generated another quote, the one we eventually selected. The installation team were brilliant, hard working and so courteous, but they did leave a few things that needed fixing but Solaray arranged that to be done and it was to my satisfaction. The only negative was getting the meter changed, I should not have started to change energy supplier just before the solar install, as the change over was going to take over three months! I went back to my original suppler to get the new meter.

Not a bad purchasing experience...

The quoting process was a bit of a lengthy one. The consultant provided good information for me to make an informed decision. However, the negotiations wasn’t all that smooth. He initially mentioned that he can work out a special price, but when I asked for a discount he said no. Then a few weeks later he could.

The consultant kept on following me up and after numerous attempts I decided to proceed.

Installation went by quickly. Although they damaged one of my tiles and I have a missing branch cutter they had initially borrowed from me to remove for easier installation near the rose bush.

The admin team are great. Quick and prompt with their emails.

Great system and service for a great price!

- Sales and quoting process was good and much better than some of the other options I had.
- Installation was good, quality of the work seemed good, site was cleaned up well afterwards. The boys worked hard all day as I have a two story house, but got it done, only 10min power interruption for me. Only downside (scraping the bottom of the barrel) was that someone stepped on my flowers! Time will tell, but if that's the worst thing to happen in the installation I think they must be alright!
- Customer service was excellent, made the whole process very very easy. Pay deposit, provide some photos, schedule install, conduct install, get access, documentation emailed to my electricity retailer. I was surprised at how easy this was.

Original Review on 27-08-2020:

Very pleasing outcome.

Panels installed within a couple of weeks of ordering. Very smooth installation process. Once all installed, after sales service was a bit slow in providing technical infomation on the whole system, including how to monitor etc. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Mark: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has run flawlessly, however I have never been able to get any clear instruction on what the various lights mean on the Invertor, or even how to read the smart meter.

Very professional company

From the moment they arrived to quote on our Solar System, we were extremely pleased with the whole process from start to finish. They were prompt in arriving, in submitting the initial quote, to the signing of the contract.

Installation followed a few weeks later hassle free with no complications. Extremely polite, courteous and punctual installers.

Extremely efficient after sales service in submitting all necessary paperwork and follow up paperwork/warranty to us.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this company to anyone.

Top quality system some minor hiccups but overall well satisfied

Initial consultation very comprehensive, sales person very keen to help. Expensive but you get what you pay for, the installation generally went smoothly, however, there was a misunderstanding between the installers and the office team regarding the placement of some panels, requiring a second rectifying visit. The installers arrived on time, were very clean and removed all rubbish. The system was completed and functioned perfectly from completion. The grid connection has been organised and we have subsequently been contacted to arrange the installation of a new meter.

The second company we were given to contact failed to contact us until we had been talking with the successful company for more than a week. We took this to mean they were either too busy or not keen on the job. We have an 8kW system with Powerwall 2 battery.

Solaray

Very efficient
Not pushy, polite, punctual
Customer service excellent went well and way and beyond with everything

Helpful support and smooth installation

Informative contacts over the phone who were not pushy. Installers were polite and efficient :)

Friendly, informative installer. very neat and tidy

Quoting process by phone only. Unable to send someone out to property
Installer punctual. Booked a day with me that was convenient.
Solaray customer service was excellent. Provided detailed info. Good emails. Detailed quote.
Solaray did everything on the day. All went smoothly.
Could of discussed the app on my phone in more detail
Didn't mind me asking lots of questions during the day.

Don't go anywhere else. These guys make it easy !

We are extremely happy.

We had a 8.1kw system with Enphase microinvertors installed.

It can be daunting finding a provider to install solar but with Solaray this process was seamless.

Thank you to the team for their hard work.

At the time we have had crazy rain in Sydney so their communication was really appreciated we had to juggle a few different days and this was no problem at all.

If you are looking to go Solar there is no need to go anywhere else.

Original Review on 18-07-2020:

Good price on quality product and smooth installation.

I found Solaray to have the best price for excellent quality product. There team were always helpful and answer any questions i have straight away. Original ratings

The System has performed as expected, its really been the customer service that I've felt hasn't been up to scratch. Very slow to answer questions once the system was installed and I had to keep chasing for answers around why I could only see generation of power on our app but couldn't see consumption and what was being returned to the grid. After much probing I was told I could spend another $900 to see this info.

Original Review on 05-07-2020:

Excellent Company To Deal With

Solaray Energy visited before installation. Everything then happened to plan with just outstanding service from office staff to installation crew.

Note and beware: We were not so happy with AGL our power provider - instead of the 15 days stated to change over our meter, it took 5 weeks!

8 months later we asked Pete: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system is performing to expectations, even with lots of wet, cloudy and foggy Blue Mountain days this summer. We use most power in the peak production times and our bills have been slashed dramatically. Last quarter $74 - same time last year $350,

A simple and straightforward process nicely completed.

The quotation was easy and understandable.
The installer turned up at the stated time, although we thought it would be hampered by rain, but went forward ok and completed within about 6 hours.
We had the required paperwork to submit to our energy provider which was accepted for the meter exchange, but still waiting for that to happen in the next few days..

great job

Very good service and the lady was very knowledgeable. The install was prompt and professional.

Original Review on 30-06-2020:

Positive experience from start to finish

The experience with Solaray was positive from the beginning. The initial quoting process was detailed and the company representative was open to as many questions as I had. Once I decided to go with Solaray I was appointed a specific person that managed the process up until the install. They kept me up to date on all requirements and showed flexibility with the install date. The installation itself was seamless. The team were professional and courteous. On the day of install we had some issues with connecting the inverter to the online portal. The issues were explained and the issue was resolved within 2 business days. Post install any question that I had was answered promptly by the team. I feel well supported by Solaray and would recommend their business. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Joy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

12 months on the system is working great, no issues at all.

Original Review on 25-06-2020:

Operating well.

Needed a tweak with Enphase Enlighten to get the reporting of consumption correct. Exporting during sunny days. Looking forward to getting the battery. Battery will save some $ but importantly will act as backup. Solaray very professional.
All good 1 month in.

8 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes indeed. Very happy. Only problem was high voltages from the mains (up to 269 volts!). Solaray were able to help me diagnose issue. This was rectified fairly promptly by Endeavour Energy by changing the tap on the the local street transformer.
System has reduced our power bills to minimal amounts, in fact getting credits during at least 6 months of the year and has been providing back up power during blackouts.

Original Review on 20-07-2020:

Beware the hidden costs

Most things about the quoting and planning stage of my install were quite good. The sales and support team knew their stuff. It’s the installation that left a sour taste. I picked Solaray to install my system because they were members of all the industry organisations.

The Solaray installers left wiring refuse in the gutters and broke many ( > 15) tiles. There are still tiles cemented below ridges and hips, not replaced, but just siliconed. I wanted Solaray to fix these broken tiles at their expense but that hasn’t happened. It’s a ONE year old roof, which after the solar panels were installed, was rechecked, including laboratory testing of tiles and was confirmed to meet Australian standards.

My advice would be to have plenty of tiles spare on the day so the installers can replace them for you. Maybe be prepared to clean the gutters yourself of all the copper wiring leftovers.

7 months later we asked Robert: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has exceeded my expectations especially in the summer months.

Original Review on 31-05-2020:

Great Job

Good clean installation with no problems. Staff efficient and helpful. Office staff very helpful and attentive as was the sales representative. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Anthony: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, so far the system is living up to expectations.

Great experience through quote to install

Solaray quoted well, but were not quite as competitive as I had wanted, so over a few days we moved around on price until I was happy to go ahead with them.
Installation was carried out well, and the lead installer did a good job of keeping me informed. The electrical box was well placed.
The arrangements for the installation were very good, and I was kept well informed by the friendly team. On completion of the job they also triggered the replacement of the meter.
All in all, so far, I'm very happy I picked Solaray. (And I also chose them due to two very good recommendations from friends.)

Poor customer service

I went with their quote in November, partly because they said they could install before Christmas. Never heard anything again. I rang the week before Christmas and they said they had to do some thinking about access. i emailed then on Jan25th and their reply was that they decided not to do the job and would refund my deposit.

Professional customer service

Each and every staff member from Solaray was helpful, knowledgeable and a pleasure to deal with. Highly recommend!

Original Review on 03-05-2020:

Everything went smoothly and as expected.

My only hesitation prior to the installation was that solaray use contractors but I’m happy to say that the ones they sent were very experienced so I had no problems. I think though that if they had not been in business for a long time I probably would not have gone with them.
Having said that I can recommend them specially if you’re after an Enphase system.

8 months later we asked Phillip: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It took a while to see some good rewards because of the time o year that I got it installed but the last couple of months with lots of sunshine, my bill has been in credit. The app is helpful too, I was wasting a lot of power in the middle of the night which once I identified what it was, I managed to switch it to the sunlight hours.

Quality from Start to Finish

The coordination was excellent (allowed me to have a tiler on board on the day to replace roof tiles) plus the quality of he work was excellent - much neater than my original system.

Very happy customer

Extremely helpful answering all my questions before and after install. I kept calling as I thought of more questions, but nothing was a problem for them. Very impressed with their professionalism and thoroughness.
Install was very professional and polite.

Great service from start to finish. Good range of products to create a package tailored to suit your budget and needs. Installation was professionally done within half a day by a friendly and helpful

Sales process was informative, friendly and tailored to our needs and budget.

Installation was completed by 3 friendly and knowledgeable installers within half a day.

The team followed up every step of the way from coordinating the installation to fielding calls about my questions and connecting the inverter to the online monitoring system.

system install

Solaray Energy was extremely helpful no hesitation to answer all my questions big or small the installer was right on the money they did a outstanding job I have zero completes very happy THANKS solar quotes

Original Review on 01-04-2020:

Excellent job

The quoting process was difficult - lots of conflicting advice. Settled on Enphase and Trina panels.
The Solaray guys were very patient - I requested prices many options before settling on one. The quotes and service from other suppliers were all good too.
Customer service was ecellent - ALSO got it done very quickly which was a concern with COVID - 19 impacting on things

9 months later we asked Scott: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I am an engineer so I did not depend on the sales puff. I did my own calculations on the predicted performance and it appears to be performing exactly as predicted. It took me bit of effort to get to grips with all the technical issues but there are some very good sites including PVWatts (US National Renewable Energy Laboratory) NOT forgetting your own site.

Excited customer

Great supplier, kept to quote, installed on time and very transparent with information and reasoning

Great customer service and excellent install

Everything went very well. Very smooth process with no issues at all

Easy to deal with, competitive pricing.

Easy quoting, no hard sell.
Installation had to be rescheduled because of weather but all communicated and managed well.
Excellent customer service and reponsiveness

Solar Ray experience.

Solar Ray were very helpful from consultation to installation. The customer service was outstanding answering all my concerns. They also explained the installation process thoroughly, and organised a smart meter for me with my energy provider. The Guys who came to install the unit were polite, punctual, respectful and tidy.

Several weeks until inspection, a few more weeks until install, but worth the wait.

Installer selection: We wanted Enphase, and we chose Solaray Pty Ltd ourselves because the Solarquotes site doesn't allow the user to specify Enphase.
Quote: Solaray only quote using satellite views. We have a complex roof, and I wanted panels on some of the smaller sections, and the satellite views weren't accurate enough, so I arranged a local gutter cleaner guy to measure our roof accurately. Solaray quoted a 5.2KW system which included panels on all our preferred roof sections. Price was at the high end because of lots of different roof sections.
Inspection: Solaray took 4 weeks before coming onsite to inspect our roof and electrical distribution boards. We were not rejected. The quote did not need to be modified.
Installation: Solaray took another 3 weeks before coming onsite to install the racks, panels and electrical enclosure.
Kit: Solaray installed a new dedicated enclosure which contained most of the "garage" gear. They added a current transformer on our Ausgrid incoming cable, and they connected their enclosure to our existing distribution board via a new cable. The cables from 2 groups of panels were daisy chained and run to the garage. The cables from the remaining 4 groups of panels were daisy chained and run to the garage.
Performance: We're generating more than we use. We have enough panels to charge an electric car, which we'll be getting as soon as cars switch from lithium ion batteries to grafene super capacitor batteries.

Excellent - on time and quality job; customer service responsive and professional

Excellent so far. Install was neat and team were super helpful. Solar ray have been excellent and in contact with me through the whole process. Install team did a very neat and tidy job. Very happy.

Supremely

Supremely professional, prompt, polite, they did what they said they'd do in the given time frame.
We even had our own project manager whom we are STILL contacting and getting assistance! I highly recommend Solaray and their team! Thanks heaps Finn!! And Solaray!!

Patrick send me the quotes then I wonder it’s a big money ,But it’s a 1 time investment like a tree and eat a fruit every quarterly, But a very big thank you to show me a good direction and get trapped?

Great Installer

Very happy with system. Excellent customer service from quoting to installation to follow up.

Overall good experience

Quoting process was good. I had several quotes for different combinations of panel brands and inverter types

Installation was good. No issues so far

They helped organise grid connection

Great

Very professional , did a great job getting me the panels I wanted a a great price

Timely installation and great support

I got quotes from many solar installers and it was truly confusing on what to go with. After reading several blogs on solarquotes, reached out for quotes from solarquotes.com which actually gave me reasonable quotes instead of fancy crap ones. Upon deciding that I will go with LG panels and LG too recommended Solaray Energy, the decision became simple. I went with LG + SMA combo. Nicholas was very friendly in discussing all quotes and signed up with Solaray. Tammy provided great assistance and apprised me of next steps. The installation guys are thorough professionals and finished job in about 6-7 hours. Trevor provided great support post installation. Only issue I had with my modem as SMA inverter doesn't support Wifi in 5GHz, only 2.4GHz is supported. I got new router from telstra which fixed it eventually. Tammy did all documentation on my behalf and I started receiving Solar credits in no time. Overall great communication, great support and highly recommended.

Professional and informative,no hard sell

Everything was done very well and punctual.No hassles and have really helped in organising the smart solar meter replacement.

I did my homework, got exactly what I wanted at a reasonable price

Sales/quoting was easy and efficient
Installation was punctual, tidy and efficient
Customer service is great and yes they did connect us to the grid and arranged for the smart meter installation.
No problems with any of it
I am very happy

Original Review on 05-02-2020:

Very happy with system and service.

Best company I have spoken to. They know their solar products and helped me throughout whole process. Top quality LG+Enphase system. Very happy with it.
Installer arrived on time, was friendly, done installation quickly and tidied up before leaving.

8 months later we asked Aleksey: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Performs at 100% of expected. Even a year after.

Original Review on 22-01-2020:

Very good to work with

The sales person was very good at providing detailed information, and they followed up regularly. They were pretty busy doing installations so it took a few weeks to lock in the installation date, but once decided it all went without a hitch. The solar array is working really well, we are very happy. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Michael: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The 28 LG panels and the Enphase micro inverters have been working a treat and reduced our electricity bills 30-50%. We are very happy with the whole setup. Solaray did the install and they were good to work with, no complaints.

Great to deal with

Very easy and smooth experience. Solaray had excellent community on through the entire process without overpowering sales staff. Staff were reliable when returning phone calls and onsite visits. Great prices when compared to 10 different companies. Since the install I have personally inspected the system on the roof and cannot fault the workmanship or product.

Original Review on 25-12-2019:

Smooth and quick

With thanks to Solarquotes, and other websites, the system style and configuration was predetermined - Enphase system with LG panels.
Solaray were quick and efficient to provide quotes to meet a particular budget for this type of system configuration
Installers were very punctual, informative and accommodating - mounting the control module in a non standard location (inside building instead of outside).
Installer provided the correct paperwork on the install day in order for us to then work with energy retailer to change meter.

Only been 10 months since system install, Having installed premium quality cells and inverters, not enough time to determine / see any degradation in performance as yet.
It’s too soon to say either way.

Original Review on 26-12-2019:

A smooth and problem free installation.

There was little difference between the suppliers who quoted. All quoted the same quality panels and inverters and price differential was quite small. Installation by Solaray went smoothly. There was no mess and the system is performing as expected. Final cost, after the rebate was $1,000/Kw.8 Original ratings

8 months later we asked Harry: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, the system is performing as expected. I would certainly recommend the system and the company (the name of which eludes me) who I bought the system through.

Solaray Very Excellent in Service and Installation

Solaray had an excellent service when dealing with Patrick from sales, very helpful and informative. Great response on quotes. Office staff were very helpful and extremely friendly. They were very professional. The installation team were very good, they were efficient and cleaned up at the end. Very happy with all aspects of Solaray & would highly recommend them. They were very good with grid connection, didn't need to do a thing. They were also very helpful with setting up the invertor with my wifi.

Fabulous installation and service.

Great service from start to finish. From the Initial phone call to the system activation, totally satisfied.

Original Review on 11-11-2019:

Best quality system

I went with Solaray as they are authorised by LG to instal their panels. My 6.65kw system of 19 LG 350w panels installed in a reasonable time after the contract was signed.
Maddie was great in terms of communication and was quick to respond to my queries.
Installation could not be carried out on the day as the same installation contractor was assigned my neighbours job as well and the electrician was not willing to go on the roof of my double storey home!
So I took a day off from work, stayed home and was disappointed that my installation did not even commence.
It then had to be rescheduled to next week and Solaray got another contractor to install. 80% of the work was done on this occasion and the panels could not be installed due to windy conditions which I understand.
Finally, the system is now installed and I can’t wait to see it in action.
Overall a good experience except the installation delay which made me a bit nervous.
Hopefully, everything goes well from her including after sales service.

8 months later we asked Gaurav: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

One year on, happy with the system performance and the installer Solaray Pty Ltd. They are very responsive to service enquires I have made over the last year.

Very happy customer

On top of the three quotes that I received through SolarQuotes I also received two additional from other companies, and Solaray were by far the easiest to deal with, least pushy, most competitive and quick to respond to questions of all five companies. The system was installed within a week of making my decision to go ahead, the installers were excellent (even re-designing the layout when they arrived to make it more aesthetically pleasing) and I'm very happy with the solar that the system is producing.