SolarHub Reviews

About SolarHub, Solar Installers

SolarHub
Platinum Partner
SolarHub is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 32 168 981 780  ABN active since 15 May 2018 | Smart Renewables Pty Ltd
ACN: 168 981 780  ACN active since 08 Apr 2014 | Smart Renewables Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
ACT: 2014531 Smart Renewables Pty Ltd

NSW: 275522C Smart Renewables Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $2,683 - $8,578 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

SolarHub is one of Canberra's largest solar business and fastest growing with offices in Mitchell ACT (Ph: 02 6140 4678), Thomastown VIC (Ph: 03 9043 4936) & Batemans Bay NSW (Ph:02 4488 4220).

They are committed to delivering systems of the highest quality and pride themselves on their outstanding level of customer service. Every system SolarHub install is carefully designed and planned to ensure they maximise the systems performance and your returns.

SolarHub will take care of every step of your project including system design, connection permits, utility paperwork, installation and interconnection. When you sign up with SolarHub you can be confident that you are getting the job done by solar professionals who have the knowledge and experience that you need.

In Victoria Solar Hub operates under ABN 47 145 471 996, Supplying Electrical Services Pty Ltd ACN 145 471 996, trading as Solar Hub Melbourne.

SolarHub Solar Reviews

Great service, installed quickly

Quote was comparable, however was the only company that visited site to finalise quote.

Once accepted quote, install was delivered promptly and kept informed at all times.

Would recommend

Experienced installation team persevered with my difficult roof

Install took two and a half days for my 10kW SolarEdge system at my new house in Googong, NSW. Due to the short days, frosts and my steep shiny new Colorbond roof it took the team much longer then they expected.

However the installer and customer support team kept me well updated and kept coming back at the earliest opportunity to finish installing the system. Overall the customer team is excellent though sometimes they were a bit slow to reply to emails.

The design of the installation and the choice of equipment was top notch taking into consideration that our household will be working from home during the day to make good use of the free electricity. Though I suppose they didn't notice that our roof is a bit steeper then normal at 27 degrees when looking at how long the installation was going to take.

The installers did the cabling for the system before the plasterboard sheeting was installed in the new house during construction which made it easier for the final install and kept everything nice any tidy. Highly recommend getting this done if building a new house.

Their prices were the most expensive I got from local solar quotes however the selection of their equipment appeared to be higher quality then the others. The advanced SolarEdge monitoring system was why I decided to pay more and go with SolarHub.

Good service, quick efficient installation

The sales & quoting process was pretty quick and included a home visit.
The installation was on time, tidy, efficient and friendly given covid restrictions.
They organised the inspection, a small bit of extra work, and the grid connection with the power company.

Excellent experience

I have had my Fronius 6.6 KW installed since last week, the preinstallation negotiation took me longer than expected, the reason was that I had an overdose reading from Solarquotes website, I was asking about the details and all the fine prints and so, the sales rep AND the sales manager were ready to answer my questions, site inspection ws a week before installation.

Their installers were very polite and professional, I asked the installer team leader to change the placement of couple panels based on last minute decision, he was very cooperative and changed the panel places for me.

The overall experience was excellent.

SolarHub Melbourne is highly recommended

good service and installation

SolarHub were professional in providing the quote in a timely manor.
The installation crew were on time and the work was carried out a timely manor they left the site as they found it.
The tradesman that was doing the install of the inverter to the meter box was good and advised on some upgrades need to the board to bring it inline with the code, this work was rescheduled to occur when the new meter was being installed.
all other aspects of the work required to be carried by others was handled by the solarHub team so there was no need for me to get involved.

SolarHub review

The rep came to the house, checked out things and discussed, and was totally open with discussions and technical information. Show additional information

Very passionate about their job

SolarHub are very professional and they know their job very well. The conversation was never about the costs only. We discussed in detail about my needs, habits, consumptions and the possible options that could help me. I found them very passionate about their job.

Since the beginning they proposed me a quality product because they had a long term vision. A good value for money, something that remains effective in the years and requires minimum maintenance.

I like this system that allows you monitor and intervene on each solar panel. The use of the optimizers, indeed, prevents that a possible issue on a sigle panel affects the performance of the whole system, apparently a very common problem (if you don't have them).

Installation was done according to plans and they took the time to explain and answer my questions.

The customer service was excellent and provided all administrative support needed for a smooth transition, including good information to help with the negotiation of prices with the electricity provider.

Overall we are more than happy.

Happy with the system. Poor installation experience.

Sales person was OK but was pushing a more costly Solar edge probably a bit too hard, from my research didn't think I needed panel optimises given I have a 10deg. North roof with no chance of shading (double story no trees).

Initially a month or 2 delay due being unable to obtain a Inverter, they offered an alternative but I decided to wait which was OK. Installation started fine however it was approaching 40 deg. C on the day so they had to stop and come back on the Monday (next business day). I was totally was fine with this, I don't want any body hurt.

Its after this things went a little bit pear shaped on the install. They came back on Monday but the panels did not arrive, they blamed the delivery people but at the end of the day they choose their own suppliers are. Secondly they assured me before they left that the delivery person would help me stack the panel out the back as I was not going to be home on the next day. This did not happen and I ended up with a pallet in an unlocked garage for the next day.

After a few days I jumped on the Fronius web site to take a look at the performance. Solar Hub helped me out getting it going after a call to them which was good. Found the System was under performing significantly and they had to come back to fix it. It then failed to pass inspection (minor issue) so they had to come back again. All this was relatively minor however at the end of the day it probably delayed me a few weeks to a month before it was fully commissioned.

Please don't miss interpret me. Solarhub were always courteous,professional and were responsive (per customer rating) but the experience was spoiled due what happened over the installation period. For this reason I would say definitely consider SolarHub but they have some room to improve in the installation area especially as they considered it a strength during the sales stage.

A very opportune investment with Covid-19 I have been working from home and on sunny days it covers my large reverse cycle AC/Heater easily during they day. Overall quite Happy!

Great experience up to date

Great & Hassle free experience up until now, installation will be late July. We will send a complete review afterward. Show additional information

SolarHub: I wish there were more stars to offer...

From the first contact through to the moment when our system went live we knew that we'd made the right choice.
Tom the sales guy showed up when he promised he would, and we had an honest chat about what kind of system would work and how it was going to fit onto our roof.

After accepting the quote, the team at SolarHub head office stepped in with excellent and timely communications about when the system was going to be fitted, how long it would take, what was required from us on installation day, and assured us that they would handle all the paperwork with the power company/organise approval etc.

On game day the installers arrived early and spent time explaining what they going to do, and made sure that we understood everything about the day before they started.

Then, they stayed until the job was done.

The workmanship was excellent, and we are now the happy owners of a 6.3kw system on our roof that looks great and works brilliantly.

I really can't fault a thing about the experience.

Excellent instalation.

Excellent team, top tradies, very happy with the entire process from the very begining. Show additional information

Hugely appreciate SolarHub

I applied for the Solar For Low Income Homes with NSW Government and I was accepted!
From my first phone call to the installation and follow up - Luke ,Steve, Elias, Hannah, Joe, Daryl, Chad and all of the staff were really helpful and made the whole process so easy and smooth.
I am so grateful to them. I feel very privileged to have had SolarHub install my panels and all that is involved.
All of my questions were answered and I had confidence with them 100% of the time.
I have received lots of great advice on how to include it in my day to day chores to make it as beneficial as it can be. All very much appreciated.
I am also very grateful to the NSW Government for having such a fantastic opportunity. They were great too, and very easy to go through that process.
My Supplier Origin Energy were very helpful too. Everything with the process went very smooth in their area too.
I am definitely a Very Happy Customer!

Listened carefully, provided options, followed up

The salesman was both knowledgeable and attentive and presented pros and cons of each system. Proactively followed up without being pushy Show additional information

Neat, tidy, on-time and efficient

I generally don't write reviews but I thought this was justified for a job well done. Sales process was good, not too aggressive. Installation went very well and the team provided me with plenty of confidence I had engaged a good company. Show additional information

Excellent service and product

My experience of SolarHub was positive from start to finish. They responded to my query quickly, came up with a proposed plan for a system based on my needs, gave me good advice about what was/was not appropriate for me and were very clear about what they could do and when. On the day of the installation the team arrived on time, were very respectful of my self and my house,completed the job professionally and ensured that they tidied up after themselves. SolarHub took care of everything and made sure I was fully informed along the way. Highly recommended. Show additional information
Apart from lack of clarity about 'what happens next' after the installation (I did not -and still don't- have any instruction/user manual and I wasn't present for the actual installation), the great service and painlessness of having Solarhub organizing all of the regulatory processes was great.
As a gratuitous comment, the Solarhub website does not appear to have a link to the my system login page, it is simply a sales brochure. Not a major problem but they may wish to review their webpage.

Great customer service. Very informative and always willing to help. Made my decision easy.

Sales/quoting process was very thorough and informative. Sales representative answered all my questions.
Installation hasnt been completed yet.
Customer service was excellent.

Simple process from beginning to end

The sales/design process was good. The designer spent the time to listen to my objectives and was happy to consider a range of different system designs They were very obliging about coordinating with other trades. I had some other unrelated electrical work done before the PV install, and the SolarHub designer was happy to coordinate with the other sparky so that the other sparky left things in a good state for the subsequent PV install. The SolarHub scheduling person was also happy to adjust the install scheduling to avoid other work at my house.

The installation involved removal of my old PV system and putting up two new arrays, a new inverter, and consumption metering. That took two days and was relatively straight forward. The hardest part was probably installing the consumption metering into the existing switchboard because the wall cavity behind the switchboard was already stuffed full of wires.

SolarHub took care of all the administrative paperwork.

Great Installer. Very kind & informative.

Sales/quoting process was flawless. Applying for the government rebate was dreadful, however Jodi at SolarHub guided us through. There has been a delay of two months in installation as the recommended inverter is not available. Show additional information

Clean, Professional install

Was easy to speak with regarding quotes of multiple systems and then made it very easy to proceed without feeling pressured. Quick and clean install. Show additional information
We were lucky to get a very quick install, 1 week from agreement (as opposed to 4 weeks advised by salesman). Sales were very good at providing information and were generally very helpful. I was reluctant to go ahead with only one decent quote but am happy with the decision. Show additional information

First Class SolarHub

Our entire experience with SolarHub was first class. Daniel visited our home and listened to what we had in mind. He offered insightful advice. A day later we received a detailed written quote with realistic projected savings estimates. As part of the quote process, we also got a quote from SEA. Even though SEA were slightly cheaper for a similar PV installation we were put off by their unrealistic projected savings data, the fact that they didn’t do a site visit and our wish to support local businesses.
Our PV installation was done on time by a professional team happy to answer any questions we might have had.
SolarHub arranged to have our smart meter installed prior to the PV installation. Post PV installation they organised connection to the grid and also organised and paid for our Certificate of Electrical Safety ($249) and the associated onsite inspection.
If you are looking for a professional honest hassle free PV installation by a local company in the ACT we recommend SolarHub.

Would definitely recommend Solar Hub

Great customer service and good quality. Would definitely recommend Solar Hub. Show additional information

All good got the size and quality of system I wanted let's see how good it works

All good got the side and quality of system of wanted let's see if it works to spec and saves me money
I appreciated your Web site and found it very useful well done
I have referred your site to friends

Fuss free installation process

SolarHub was easy to deal with. Sales staff friendly and knowledgeable, install was quick and efficient. Guys arrived on time and had the system up and running by mi/late afternoon. So far customer service and followup has been excellent. No complaints from me at all. Very pleased so far. Show additional information

Effective solar

Quoting process efficient and approachable. Installation according to expectations. Customer service commendable. Show additional information

Quality system with excellent service.

Really impressed by the whole process. The quote was fully detailed, the salesman took multiple calls with my follow-up questions. Head office was there when I hit the inevitable obstacles with the SolarVic rebate. Install went smoothly - engineers arrived on time, re-worked the panel layout per my requests, gave me a detailed hand-over when they left.
System is working impressively - even better than forecasts.

Solarhub spent a lot of time with me in our initial meeting to carefully explain all my options, leaving me feeling very informed. Installation and follow up service were also excellent! Show additional information
Should have done this along time ago

Highly recommend

Before and after sales support was excellent. Jodi and the installation team were fantastic. Show additional information

Fantastic company,great install team

Sales and quoting process was very well handled and easy, everything well explained.
Installers were professional,punctual and polite leaving my home tidy and clean.
Customer service excellent,grid connection all done for no worries at all

Hassle Free Installation

Quote was very professional and has been explained by sales well. Even provided upgrade options and a cheaper option. Install team was punctual and explained what they needed to do. They can even improvise on site as prior design cannot be executed. They did everything else after install and arranged for inspection and modifying of meter. They informed us of when these are happening.

Very smooth solar install for us
Has been very good after sales service resolving a couple of issues. Show additional information
Very happy with SolarHub and the system they supplied. SolarEdge Inverter, 16 LG panels north facing producing a peak of 3.5KWh to 4.5 KWh each day depending on the season. Show additional information
Professional sales consultant. Thorough and detailed analysis of roof, orientation and power usage. Explained all aspects of options. Gave us full confidence that we were selecting a great solar package. We also had sound Solar Quotes research and advice in our back pocket! Show additional information

Very professional process from all involved

I’m more then happy to write a review for solar hub Batemans Bay.
*sales/quoting process was very professionally handled by Luke.
*Installation - the installation team arrived on time and were more then helpful and had the system up and running in one day.
*The customer service provided by Lowana was also very professional and made the whole process worry free.
The range of products and quality of offerings is difficult to wade through - definitely price is a factor however shade on the roof and ability to function effectively was more important - therefore we ended up with a system more expensive however more suited to our situation. We learnt a great deal along the way with 3 different quotes and suggestions for our requirements going through the process. Thank you for your referrals. Show additional information
Has not been installed yet. Show additional information