SolarHub

SolarHub Reviews

SolarHub is one of Canberra's largest solar business and fastest growing with offices in Mitchell ACT (Ph: 02 6140 4678), Thomastown VIC (Ph: 03 9043 4936) & Batemans Bay NSW (Ph:02 4488 4220).

They are committed to delivering systems of the highest quality and pride themselves on their outstanding level of customer service. Every system SolarHub install is carefully designed and planned to ensure they maximise the systems performance and your returns.

SolarHub will take care of every step of your project including system design, connection permits, utility paperwork, installation and interconnection. When you sign up with SolarHub you can be confident that you are getting the job done by solar professionals who have the knowledge and experience that you need.

In Victoria Solar Hub operates under ABN 47 145 471 996, Supplying Electrical Services Pty Ltd ACN 145 471 996, trading as Solar Hub Melbourne.

Reviewers report paying: $1 - $12,889 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

SolarHub Reviews (406)

4.2/5

Fantastic and responsive supplier

I have done my own research and got good price and service from SolarHub based on feedback other customers have provided. The guys you have recommended charged at a minimum $1500 more than what SolarHub price. On top of that I did not find them cordial or responsive, behaved as if they are very busy and trying to do a favour to me for spending their time giving me a quote.

Original Review on 27-07-2020:

Good service, quick efficient installation

The sales & quoting process was pretty quick and included a home visit.
The installation was on time, tidy, efficient and friendly given covid restrictions.

They organised the inspection, a small bit of extra work, and the grid connection with the power company.

8 months later we asked Andrew: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Original Review on 03-07-2020:

Great experience up to date

Great & Hassle free experience up until now, installation will be late July. We will send a complete review afterward. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Julian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it has met expectations, no issue a far.

Easy process from sign up to install

Originally I was already signed up to another installer, but they keep pushing back install date until becomes 8 weeks from sign up. So i terminated their install contract.

Then I've found solar hub technologies from a friend, who are happy with the install. I sign up on Friday and on Wednesday, got my solar installed. It is a small company, that is run by an electrical engineer.

Happy with the sales and installation.
I didn't have to pay any deposit, I even have to ask them for the invoice, so i can pay the bill.

Great job SolarHub team!

I chose SolarHub as they offered what I wanted, were knowledgeable and helped me understand the pros and cons of various panel, backup and battery options.

The installation team lead was great, very knowledgable, professional and clearly explained the options. The whole team was courteous and tidy which was appreciated as they needed significant time inside my home over 3 days.

The system has been up and running for a week and is operating very well.

Highly recommend the SolarHub business.

SolarHub has it all!

From start to finish my experience with SolarHub was beyond exceptional. All staff I spoke with were knowledgeable and eager to assist with any questions I had. The install team were friendly, on time and very tidy. Pricing was explained well to highlight the pros and cons of the components used in my system and what would best benefit me and my electricity usage. Although their quote was a little higher than some of the competitions, the service was second to none and I trust 100% that this company will still be around in 5,15 or even 50 years should I need them! My system is already saving me money on my electricity bills! My only complaint is that I didnt do it sooner!
I just think the sales people need to be better educated, so the clients get exactly the system that is best for them, as it’s not easy for the system to pay back the outlay in a reasonable time frame, especially when the payback amount per kWh keeps dropping.

Realistic investment by quality company

The Company appeared to be competitive, had an office and staff when the sales person was unavailable. Time was taken to meet with us, explain what was involved and undertook to arrange connection with our provider. The installation will be undertaken in due course. It seemed to be the best fit for what we wanted after we had done considerable research with 4 solar vendor companies and people who have recently had solar installations in this area.

Hassle free, quality installation

Armed with lots of knowledge from the Solarquotes website, the quote/salespitch from Chris at SolarHub felt more like a casual informative chat compared to talking to the sales reps from other installers.
Chose a SolarEdge 8.51kW system with SE smart panels. The SolarEdge monitoring is definetly worth getting - Very user friendly and informative.
Install took a day and a bit due to Melb weather. The team did a very professional job, left no mess afterwards and answered all my questions.

Best investment I've made in my home

I contacted Frank at SolarHub primarily because I liked the fact that SolarHub isn't a broker, but uses their own staff. The pricing was very good compared to the other 4 quotes I received and the the options I asked about were presented clearly in their response. COVID messed up the timing, but as soon as the lockdown ended and it was safe to put staff back out in the field, my appointment was scheduled. Jodi provided me with clear guidance on what was going to happenand it went as she said it would. My 10kW installation was done with no drama, no damage and operational in less than 1 day - including a brief stoppage for rain. The team doing the install were clean, polite, efficient and professional.
The grid connection following the install was done without any drama and with minimal input from me - it just happened.
I would recommend SolarHub without reservation.

Great value and a great local business.

Solar Hub did a great job all around.

Sales process was smooth. I knew what I wanted, they listened, understood and cut straight to a very competitive price. No fuss, no sales pitching or long-winded company histories.

They sorted out the applications to Western Power and Synergy (new meter required) and advised me they'd be doing it. Hassle-free experience.

Clean install, small team (2 TA's plus electrician) that are highly experienced. They were prompt, friendly and professional. Had a couple of minor issues setting up the smart meter but quickly resolved within a couple of business days (fronius software).

Professional, Transparent and Knowledgable Installer

Pleasantly impressed with end to end experience dealing with Solar Hub. Right from the time I approached them(referred by a colleague who got solar from them last year) through the quote process and the installation, each interaction with their sales guy and installer was very professional. They do have knowledgeable staff who are ready to answer your questions patiently and are well trained to share pros and cons of multiple brands in the market. The installation was on time with due care taken of safety and cleaning up after the installation was complete. They did help and organise the smart meter install with the retailer. Well done guys. Keep it up.

Well organised

Daniel was great explaining things to us during the quote. Solarhub then did all the approvals for us and then installed the system which went well and looks nice and neat.

Great Installer

Great communication and install completed in one day. Very organised and professional.

Good advice, punctual and professional install

After receiving a "quick and dirty" quote from another installer, Solarhub provided an innovative solution that maximised the potential output to make a difference to my electricity costs. The installers kept to the agreed schedule and were on time and the install process was seamless.

Highly recommend, would use them again when/if we buy another home

The sales consultant (Neil) was extremely helpful (taking and returning calls after hours, and made the selection processes simple by matching the options to our requirements - i.e. live in a townhouse with limited roof space: so high efficiency panels, and we have plans to move in about 5 to 10 years; so no need for LG panels with 25 year warranties).

The three main reasons we chose Solarhub: the installers were in house (not sub contractors), they had a ten year warranty on the inverter, and best of all the quote was the most affordable compared to system size. I got a total of 5 quotes (2 through Solar quotes).

The customer service after purchasing was fantastic (thank you Jodi), she went over and above by walking us through the Vic solar rebate application, and better yet got us an installation date within a week of getting approved!

The guys had to come in over three days to finish the job due to really poor weather in Melbourne, but what was impressive was they still did it within the week and I never had to call and keep chasing them (you know how trades can usually go missing for weeks between starting and finishing a job).

The system was turned on soon after and I have been smiling ear to ear seeing it produce over 14kwh on some of those nicer winter days, with the lowest production around 3.5kwh on a day that was super overcast.

Great service, installed quickly

Quote was comparable, however was the only company that visited site to finalise quote.

Once accepted quote, install was delivered promptly and kept informed at all times.

Would recommend

Experienced installation team persevered with my difficult roof

Install took two and a half days for my 10kW SolarEdge system at my new house in Googong, NSW. Due to the short days, frosts and my steep shiny new Colorbond roof it took the team much longer then they expected.

However the installer and customer support team kept me well updated and kept coming back at the earliest opportunity to finish installing the system. Overall the customer team is excellent though sometimes they were a bit slow to reply to emails.

The design of the installation and the choice of equipment was top notch taking into consideration that our household will be working from home during the day to make good use of the free electricity. Though I suppose they didn't notice that our roof is a bit steeper then normal at 27 degrees when looking at how long the installation was going to take.

The installers did the cabling for the system before the plasterboard sheeting was installed in the new house during construction which made it easier for the final install and kept everything nice any tidy. Highly recommend getting this done if building a new house.

Their prices were the most expensive I got from local solar quotes however the selection of their equipment appeared to be higher quality then the others. The advanced SolarEdge monitoring system was why I decided to pay more and go with SolarHub.

Excellent experience

I have had my Fronius 6.6 KW installed since last week, the preinstallation negotiation took me longer than expected, the reason was that I had an overdose reading from Solarquotes website, I was asking about the details and all the fine prints and so, the sales rep AND the sales manager were ready to answer my questions, site inspection ws a week before installation.

Their installers were very polite and professional, I asked the installer team leader to change the placement of couple panels based on last minute decision, he was very cooperative and changed the panel places for me.

The overall experience was excellent.

SolarHub Melbourne is highly recommended

good service and installation

SolarHub were professional in providing the quote in a timely manor.
The installation crew were on time and the work was carried out a timely manor they left the site as they found it.
The tradesman that was doing the install of the inverter to the meter box was good and advised on some upgrades need to the board to bring it inline with the code, this work was rescheduled to occur when the new meter was being installed.
all other aspects of the work required to be carried by others was handled by the solarHub team so there was no need for me to get involved.

SolarHub review

The rep came to the house, checked out things and discussed, and was totally open with discussions and technical information.

Very passionate about their job

SolarHub are very professional and they know their job very well. The conversation was never about the costs only. We discussed in detail about my needs, habits, consumptions and the possible options that could help me. I found them very passionate about their job.

Since the beginning they proposed me a quality product because they had a long term vision. A good value for money, something that remains effective in the years and requires minimum maintenance.

I like this system that allows you monitor and intervene on each solar panel. The use of the optimizers, indeed, prevents that a possible issue on a sigle panel affects the performance of the whole system, apparently a very common problem (if you don't have them).

Installation was done according to plans and they took the time to explain and answer my questions.

The customer service was excellent and provided all administrative support needed for a smooth transition, including good information to help with the negotiation of prices with the electricity provider.

Overall we are more than happy.

Happy with the system. Poor installation experience.

Sales person was OK but was pushing a more costly Solar edge probably a bit too hard, from my research didn't think I needed panel optimises given I have a 10deg. North roof with no chance of shading (double story no trees).

Initially a month or 2 delay due being unable to obtain a Inverter, they offered an alternative but I decided to wait which was OK. Installation started fine however it was approaching 40 deg. C on the day so they had to stop and come back on the Monday (next business day). I was totally was fine with this, I don't want any body hurt.

Its after this things went a little bit pear shaped on the install. They came back on Monday but the panels did not arrive, they blamed the delivery people but at the end of the day they choose their own suppliers are. Secondly they assured me before they left that the delivery person would help me stack the panel out the back as I was not going to be home on the next day. This did not happen and I ended up with a pallet in an unlocked garage for the next day.

After a few days I jumped on the Fronius web site to take a look at the performance. Solar Hub helped me out getting it going after a call to them which was good. Found the System was under performing significantly and they had to come back to fix it. It then failed to pass inspection (minor issue) so they had to come back again. All this was relatively minor however at the end of the day it probably delayed me a few weeks to a month before it was fully commissioned.

Please don't miss interpret me. Solarhub were always courteous,professional and were responsive (per customer rating) but the experience was spoiled due what happened over the installation period. For this reason I would say definitely consider SolarHub but they have some room to improve in the installation area especially as they considered it a strength during the sales stage.

A very opportune investment with Covid-19 I have been working from home and on sunny days it covers my large reverse cycle AC/Heater easily during they day. Overall quite Happy!

SolarHub: I wish there were more stars to offer...

From the first contact through to the moment when our system went live we knew that we'd made the right choice.
Tom the sales guy showed up when he promised he would, and we had an honest chat about what kind of system would work and how it was going to fit onto our roof.

After accepting the quote, the team at SolarHub head office stepped in with excellent and timely communications about when the system was going to be fitted, how long it would take, what was required from us on installation day, and assured us that they would handle all the paperwork with the power company/organise approval etc.

On game day the installers arrived early and spent time explaining what they going to do, and made sure that we understood everything about the day before they started.

Then, they stayed until the job was done.

The workmanship was excellent, and we are now the happy owners of a 6.3kw system on our roof that looks great and works brilliantly.

I really can't fault a thing about the experience.

Original Review on 25-10-2019:

Excellent instalation.

Excellent team, top tradies, very happy with the entire process from the very begining. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Bruce: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Only had the system for 7.5 months. Over the past 2 months the monitoring system has failed so no info available for that time. Up until then all seems very good.

Hugely appreciate SolarHub

I applied for the Solar For Low Income Homes with NSW Government and I was accepted!
From my first phone call to the installation and follow up - Luke ,Steve, Elias, Hannah, Joe, Daryl, Chad and all of the staff were really helpful and made the whole process so easy and smooth.
I am so grateful to them. I feel very privileged to have had SolarHub install my panels and all that is involved.
All of my questions were answered and I had confidence with them 100% of the time.
I have received lots of great advice on how to include it in my day to day chores to make it as beneficial as it can be. All very much appreciated.
I am also very grateful to the NSW Government for having such a fantastic opportunity. They were great too, and very easy to go through that process.
My Supplier Origin Energy were very helpful too. Everything with the process went very smooth in their area too.
I am definitely a Very Happy Customer!

Original Review on 21-08-2019:

Listened carefully, provided options, followed up

The salesman was both knowledgeable and attentive and presented pros and cons of each system. Proactively followed up without being pushy Original ratings

8 months later we asked Craig: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Performing great now but didn't enjoy the process of troubleshootimg and repair within 4 months of purchase

Neat, tidy, on-time and efficient

I generally don't write reviews but I thought this was justified for a job well done. Sales process was good, not too aggressive. Installation went very well and the team provided me with plenty of confidence I had engaged a good company.

Excellent service and product

My experience of SolarHub was positive from start to finish. They responded to my query quickly, came up with a proposed plan for a system based on my needs, gave me good advice about what was/was not appropriate for me and were very clear about what they could do and when. On the day of the installation the team arrived on time, were very respectful of my self and my house,completed the job professionally and ensured that they tidied up after themselves. SolarHub took care of everything and made sure I was fully informed along the way. Highly recommended.

Original Review on 24-05-2019:

Apart from lack of clarity about 'what happens next' after the installation (I did not -and still don't- have any instruction/user manual and I wasn't present for the actual installation), the great service and painlessness of having Solarhub organizing all of the regulatory processes was great.
As a gratuitous comment, the Solarhub website does not appear to have a link to the my system login page, it is simply a sales brochure. Not a major problem but they may wish to review their webpage.

8 months later we asked Robert: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, though a few bugs in the Solarhub Dashboard, though overall the dashboard is very good

Great customer service. Very informative and always willing to help. Made my decision easy.

Sales/quoting process was very thorough and informative. Sales representative answered all my questions.
Installation hasnt been completed yet.
Customer service was excellent.

Simple process from beginning to end

The sales/design process was good. The designer spent the time to listen to my objectives and was happy to consider a range of different system designs They were very obliging about coordinating with other trades. I had some other unrelated electrical work done before the PV install, and the SolarHub designer was happy to coordinate with the other sparky so that the other sparky left things in a good state for the subsequent PV install. The SolarHub scheduling person was also happy to adjust the install scheduling to avoid other work at my house.

The installation involved removal of my old PV system and putting up two new arrays, a new inverter, and consumption metering. That took two days and was relatively straight forward. The hardest part was probably installing the consumption metering into the existing switchboard because the wall cavity behind the switchboard was already stuffed full of wires.

SolarHub took care of all the administrative paperwork.

Great Installer. Very kind & informative.

Sales/quoting process was flawless. Applying for the government rebate was dreadful, however Jodi at SolarHub guided us through. There has been a delay of two months in installation as the recommended inverter is not available.

Original Review on 05-03-2019:

8 months later we asked Martin: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Our property is not perfectly located for solar generation, given some big trees out the front, so we installed more capacity than you'd normally expect for a property this size. That has turned out to be effective and, on a solar-favourable power pricing package from Origin, we are now running an approximately zero monthly power bill (albeit in deficit in the winter months.) So yes, the system has performed pretty much to expectations and we're happy with it.

Clean, Professional install

Was easy to speak with regarding quotes of multiple systems and then made it very easy to proceed without feeling pressured. Quick and clean install.

Original Review on 23-02-2019:

We were lucky to get a very quick install, 1 week from agreement (as opposed to 4 weeks advised by salesman). Sales were very good at providing information and were generally very helpful. I was reluctant to go ahead with only one decent quote but am happy with the decision. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Greg: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, our system has been good, though I'm not completely sure since the energy company has mucked up the billing (in our favour). Nice to see the power coming in on the app, at least.

First Class SolarHub

Our entire experience with SolarHub was first class. Daniel visited our home and listened to what we had in mind. He offered insightful advice. A day later we received a detailed written quote with realistic projected savings estimates. As part of the quote process, we also got a quote from SEA. Even though SEA were slightly cheaper for a similar PV installation we were put off by their unrealistic projected savings data, the fact that they didn’t do a site visit and our wish to support local businesses.
Our PV installation was done on time by a professional team happy to answer any questions we might have had.
SolarHub arranged to have our smart meter installed prior to the PV installation. Post PV installation they organised connection to the grid and also organised and paid for our Certificate of Electrical Safety ($249) and the associated onsite inspection.
If you are looking for a professional honest hassle free PV installation by a local company in the ACT we recommend SolarHub.

Would definitely recommend Solar Hub

Great customer service and good quality. Would definitely recommend Solar Hub.

All good got the size and quality of system I wanted let's see how good it works

All good got the side and quality of system of wanted let's see if it works to spec and saves me money
I appreciated your Web site and found it very useful well done
I have referred your site to friends

Fuss free installation process

SolarHub was easy to deal with. Sales staff friendly and knowledgeable, install was quick and efficient. Guys arrived on time and had the system up and running by mi/late afternoon. So far customer service and followup has been excellent. No complaints from me at all. Very pleased so far.

Effective solar

Quoting process efficient and approachable. Installation according to expectations. Customer service commendable.

Quality system with excellent service.

Really impressed by the whole process. The quote was fully detailed, the salesman took multiple calls with my follow-up questions. Head office was there when I hit the inevitable obstacles with the SolarVic rebate. Install went smoothly - engineers arrived on time, re-worked the panel layout per my requests, gave me a detailed hand-over when they left.
System is working impressively - even better than forecasts.

Solarhub spent a lot of time with me in our initial meeting to carefully explain all my options, leaving me feeling very informed. Installation and follow up service were also excellent!

Original Review on 29-12-2018:

Should have done this along time ago

8 months later we asked Toby: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system works well
Very happy with all the work done
Inverter and panels all performed as per recommendations

Highly recommend

Before and after sales support was excellent. Jodi and the installation team were fantastic.

Fantastic company,great install team

Sales and quoting process was very well handled and easy, everything well explained.
Installers were professional,punctual and polite leaving my home tidy and clean.
Customer service excellent,grid connection all done for no worries at all

Hassle Free Installation

Quote was very professional and has been explained by sales well. Even provided upgrade options and a cheaper option. Install team was punctual and explained what they needed to do. They can even improvise on site as prior design cannot be executed. They did everything else after install and arranged for inspection and modifying of meter. They informed us of when these are happening.

Very smooth solar install for us

Original Review on 07-12-2018:

Has been very good after sales service resolving a couple of issues. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Ion: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

No issues to date. Happy with the system