SolarWide Pty Ltd

SolarWide Pty Ltd Reviews

4.4

Based on 214 ratings  - Aus Ranking

SolarWide is your local Sunshine Coast solar power specialist. They have installed thousands of solar panels in homes, businesses and community buildings throughout the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane and much of south east Queensland.

SolarWide are passionate about solar electricity and are proud to offer a great range of solar power and battery systems. SolarWide have a great team of professional electricians on staff that specialise purely in solar power.

They work hard to ensure each customer is 100% satisfied by offering quality products and first class service, at the best price. SolarWide only install the most reliable solar power systems that they know will last the distance.

SolarWide has grown immensely over the years and a large portion of this growth is thanks to referrals. There are finance options also available to make the decision to go solar even easier.

Reviewers report paying: $4,900 - $8,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

SolarWide Pty Ltd Reviews (214)

2/5

Up and running.

The sales representative was punctual and courteous during the presales stage of the quotation section.

After the contract and deposit were finalised the installation of the solar system was carried out without any problems. The installation team setup the paperwork, electrics and wifi connection.

Customer service after installation hasn't been that great. There wasn't any helpful advice on how to manage the system.

The Smart meter for the inverter was fitted and is supplying information through the application on mobile devices and PC. The interpretation of the information is a problem.

Is the system being utilised to give the best results for the purchaser? Not sure.
Hide Kevin's Comment

1/5

Started Out Great - Let Down By Setup Completion

I went with Solar Wide because their sales person came to site, inspected my roof by climbing on it and looked at my power box, before talking me through the options and listened to my questions, before answering. I received prompt responses to my follow-up questions.

While I actually had a cheaper price from a competitor, I went with Solar Wide solely because their salesperson came to site (like I asked for) and listened. This experience gave my good confidence there wouldn't be any surprises on the day. Compared to the 'cheaper' quote which had 'and any extras on the day will charged to the customers cost'.

The installation on the day was going great until the final setup of the smart meter. There was an issue with this, that needed help from the manufacturer. I agreed with the setup lead that it was ok to come back later to finish this off, as the manufacturer may take time to get back to them with a solution.

I had no other issues with quality of the install, the clean-up or the communication on the day. It is solely the final part being the smart meter. The quoted price was the final price.

Unfortunately the experience went south from here. I had to contact Solar Wide three separate times before finally getting a response addressing the issue and a time/date for finishing the setup. In a positive, I did receive an honest apology from a key staff member who clearly indicated that it was their fault. I can understand this does happen, just not fun when it is happening to yourself.

Hopefully I am the unusual experience where items just got missed.

Hide Zane's Comment

Very professional from initial contact through Solar Quotes to installation

Everything was very straight forward and professional, from initial contact making appointment for Javier to visit for site inspection and quote, through to installation. Installers were excellent and very helpful in discussing positioning of the panels and explaining the process. Andrew and Dan at the office were very helpful in responding to particular concerns and questions we had about the installation. Communication from the office keeping us informed about the installation was excellent. The system has only been installed for a little over a week, but everything seems to be running smoothly.
Hide Peter's Comment

9kW

Professional & Courteous Install and Follow Up

Warwick was great with the recommendations and site inspection.
The install was punctual and professional and the men were friendly and courteous.
At the completion of the install the Handover was informative and thorough.
Origin have since contacted me to confirm that the grid connection will be done within 3 weeks by Energex .So far I am very happy with the process .

Hide Andrew's Comment

Original Review on 14-06-2020:

From Sales (Warwick) to the lead installer and great office staff totally satisfied

Solar quote was not the cheapest, however the Panels and inverter were in the Top 5. Install went great and the performance is fantastic would recommend SolarWide

Follow Up Review on 15-02-2021:

System has performed up and above expectations- should of done the install sooner
Hide Brad's Comment

Inverter Brand

Top quality system. Chinese components avoided.

Non pressured quoting process. Salesperson was experienced and answered all my questions.
Hide Simon's Comment

Great team @ Solarwide

The process was easy. The rep was really knowledgeable and explained everything. The team of installers were great and cleaned up before they left.
Hide Kristin's Comment

Original Review on 09-02-2020:

Quality from start to finish

SolarWide was one of three companies recommended to us by Solar Quotes. We had also contacted a 4th company before using the Solar Quotes website.

From our very first contact with them, SolarWide were superior to the others in every way. They were able to accommodate our somewhat-inflexible schedules to arrange a quote quickly. The salesperson was friendly, professional and informative. He got up onto the roof to give us much more information about how our solar panels could be placed than the other companies were willing to provide. He offered us a range of products and explained the difference between them, as well as highlighting the extra value to be realised from the higher quality equipment.
Once we had locked them in as our supplier, SolarWide continued with excellent customer service and clear and timely communication. We had our solar system safely and properly installed on time, with no fuss, even though the weather at the time was quite rainy and we expected a postponement. We ordered a quality system and that is exactly what we got - we are thrilled with the efficiency of our system, and with the app that allows us to monitor energy use, energy production and feedback to the grid in real time.

From end to end, SolarWide has gone beyond our expectations. We wish we had used them for our first solar system at our previous house - there is no comparison between the two experiences.

Follow Up Review on 06-01-2021:

Our system has exceeded our expectations - we couldn't be happier with what we have. We are consistently getting fantastic generation results.
Hide Wanda's Comment

Longi Solar

Happy!!

A very good company to deal with, good salesperson and great follow up communication. All round a very pleasant experience.
Hide Shaun's Comment

Original Review on 26-04-2020:

Good information that suits my home situation. Price is high but higher quality panels chosen

Quote process was great and Solar wide correctly quoted for my 3 phase house supply
To be installed in May 2020

Follow Up Review on 30-12-2020:

System has delivered consistant performance in line with what we expected. Very satisfied
Hide Hugh's Comment

Great after sales service

Quote was great. They didn’t try to sell me a larger system than I needed
Installation was very professional
Great customer service in helping me set up my solar app
Hide Jan's Comment

Inverter Brand

Professional from start to finish

We looked for 3 quotes for a 6.6kw system and found it interesting that only SolarWide wanted to physically inspect the property rather than just quote over the internet, especially for a bespoke 2 storey townhouse installation. SolarWide was not the cheapest but we were entirely pleased we decided to choose a local family owned business that concentrated on solar with local employees. The installers worked with us on a couple of difficult issues, with terrific outcomes. The complete process through quote, installation and connection went smoothly, with follow up from the office to confirm all ok etc. No hesitation in recommending SolarWide
Hide Steven's Comment

Inverter Brand

Good service for a shady location

I was pleased that SolarWide was able to provide a SunEye analysis as part of the quoting process. My house gets a fair bit of shade in winter, so it was helpful to have objective data to make an informed decision. Very happy with system so far, as well as the Solar Analytics monitoring software.
Hide Paavi's Comment

Inverter Brand

Straightforward, very efficient install. experienced people

The whole process was well managed. The installation occurred when promised and was very swift and efficient. The crew were very tidy and knew precisely how to go about the job. There was some difficulty with commissioning the inverter and communicating with the wifi network, but this was all sorted the next day as promised. The office staff were on the ball with the paperwork and advice for arranging the grid connection.
Hide Harry's Comment

Great price & installation

The quote process was easy. The installation guys were on time, professional and friendly. They did a very neat job and explained everything. The follow up from the office was terrific. Highly recommend SolarWide.
Hide Megan's Comment

Original Review on 31-03-2020:

Performing to expectations

quoting v good
installn went well apart from initital lack of planning in running cabling to inverter
helped with grid connection.

Follow Up Review on 03-11-2020:

Performance to expectations.
Hide Richard's Comment

Quality system

Did not go top of the range but am extremely happy - the cheapest installation is not necessarily value for money
Hide Lyn's Comment

$0 to $2,000

Inverter Brand

Very friendly, professional and helpful

Very friendly, professional and helpful people. Quick turnaround. Great pricing.
Hide Lucien's Comment

Professional tradesman and company

Solarwide did a fantastic job, from the sales rep to the tradesman. The Quality of the equipment used is second to none, the office staff and tradesman were good to deal with, the rep checking on the job when the work was finished to see if I was happy ,was something you don't see these days.
You get exactly what you ask for and the plan goes exactly as they said it would.
Hide Glenn's Comment

8kW

Quality System installed by a Quality Vendor

The weather had been wet up to the installation day. We were expecting the installation to be delayed if it rained again. Early morning the rain eased up and the day worked out perfect for roof work: cloudy and cool.

The installers were efficient and everything went smoothly even though they were contending with landscapers working around the house at the same time.

It was not too long before grid connection was completed and our provider was reporting all the power fed into the grid from the date of installation,
Hide Ian's Comment

Happy Customer!

Detailed on-site discussion to arrive at the best system for my specific needs. Installation was seamless and all communication prior and post installation timely and helpful. Speedy change of meter arranged. Extremely satisfied with my purchase!
Hide Chris's Comment

Efficient

Quote process good, all our questions answered.
Punctual, professional polite.
Customer service excellent, they gave us all the help we needed.
Hide Denise's Comment

Some lessons learned

I always like to support local and I'm glad I did.

I went with SolarWide as they are a family owned local business. The quoting process was awesome, the staff member was great and informative. They got up on the roof and checked everything out. Afterwards he left me with a mound of information well presented. It was a fairly easy choice by this time, and I only had to wait about 3 weeks for an install. Installers were super friendly and discussed what they were going to do and got on with it.

The install was done in good time from around 08:00 - 14:00. With an over-all well-done job. There was some minor damage to the paint where the inverter was installed due to the requirement of moving a power point. The installers did apologise for this. Afterwards they ran through the paperwork and explained some of the details of the inverter and what the iSolarcloud application was and what it does. I wasn't too comfortable divulging the wi-fi password to the installers, something I could have been more vocal about, but I have since been informed this process will be improved.

Shortly after the install the power was tripped and I noticed the inverter isolator was the culprit. I called SolarWide to find out what could be done to which they sent out a crew to take a look and thus discovering the fault. They were quick to fix it and assured me all was now working as it should and there should be no further issues and no damage to any of the components. Due to some unavoidable circumstances a wire was pinched inside the electrical box when closed and caused a short.

I did miss a section of the agreement which discusses a possible charge from the energy provider to install or configure a smart meter. When trying to find out about this, there was a bit of miscommunication and I was a left a little wanting in the service department.

Since then I have been in contact with one of the partners and I can say that my concerns were met with absolute professionalism and caring that can only come from an honest local business. While a few of the situations could have been avoided, many of them were just an unfortunate sequence of events. They have taken on board suggestions and proposed ideas of both improving the processes and adding some new ones. They also offered to fix the damage done to the paint which was awesome.

I would recommend SolarWide for your install as they high regard for customer satisfaction.

Hide Jonathan's Comment

Inverter Brand

Good positioning of system and quality durable fittings

Everything went smoothly

Installers were from the original company, not subcontractors

They did a good job installing which took about whole day. They were nice, clean.

They did contact provider next day and helped grid connection conversion

Got Solar meter conversion done in 2 days and got things up and running

Hide Pasan's Comment

Great SolarWide Installation

SolarWide is a local Sunshine Coast family owned company. I picked up their recommendation from Facebook. I was very happy with the quotes (lots of options), the positive, polite service offered, and the efficient installation. I also had a timer for my hot water system added, and a monitoring device so I could monitor consumption, production, etc, from my phone. They helped organize the grid connection, and I am confident they will offer follow up service if required.
Hide Ryk's Comment

QS Solar

Inverter Brand

Very simple installation no fuss

Good explanation of the systems.
Initial office girl did not seem that sure of switching over to solar. But when I phoned back the next person was very helpful.
Ryan the installation guy was great.
Hide Barbara's Comment

7kW

Original Review on 30-10-2019:

Great job.

The salesman was not showing us an ultimate system. He gave us options and explained clearly about each one. The installation went smoothly and after sales has been supportive.

Follow Up Review on 08-07-2020:

Yes it is fantastic. Best investment we ever made.
Hide Michael's Comment

Original Review on 04-10-2019:

Very happy with our installer

The whole process was explained to us very well and we were supplied with lots of information regarding the products supplied. Installation day went very smoothly with polite guys that clraned up everything. Even gave us a quick rundown about the inverter. Everything is up and running and no issues so far.

Follow Up Review on 04-06-2020:

Prior to hail storm the system has been great we have been very happy with the panels and inverter and Solar Wide.
Hide Debbie's Comment

Professional experience

Excellent friendly professional service. They were competitive with price and install quality products. I upgraded from a 6.6kw system to 9.9kw and used Solarwide again for the installation due to their professionalism. Highly recommend them.
Hide Kris's Comment

$12,500 to $15,000

Original Review on 10-09-2019:

Seamless installation - Good communication with installer

The salesperson was very approachable ,not pushy and responded very quickly to any questions (via e-mail or phone)
Installation was efficient, tidy, good communication again for positioning of inverter etc/
Have had help with connection to grid etc and phone follow up.

Follow Up Review on 12-05-2020:

Yes overall my energy costs have been decreased by about $300 a month, so above expectations.
Hide Peter's Comment

6kW

Inverter Brand

Great local company, professional service.

Had a 5.98kw system installed in Oct 2016, have waited to see how system performed before leaving review.
We got a number of quotes before deciding to use Solarwide. Peter who did the quote was easy to deal with, discussed system size, panel and inverter options with us, actually got up on the roof to have a look, check out tree shadows etc and best panel layout.
Installation was carried out professionally and on time, tidy up done, all paperwork, warranties etc supplied and installer (Hunter) gave us a guide of system, grid connection went thru after a few days.
We have had the system for about 3.5 yrs now, has significantly reduced power bill and has exceeded expectations.
We have had one problem with isolator switches - see comments re panels.
Solarwide were not the lowest quote, we used them because they are a long estblished local company and they use quality components whose manufacturers have local australian offices. This is one of the main reasons we went with Solarwide, when we had a problem it was dealt with locally, no trying to chase things up with an overseas office or track down an installer whose moved on or no longer exists.

N/A

Excellent information and attitude

I purchased my solar from Solarwide because they provided me with excellent information that was easy to read and was written to the level of someone who is just figuring things out. Their salesperson is also an electrician and was able to answer all my questions and had a great attitude the whole time. He also got on the roof to look at its condition - the other quoters didn't do that but said they would send someone else out to do that - a second visit and a second time to take time off work to be there. The panels aren't installed yet (hopefully next week) so I couldn't give them full stars … yet.
Hide Kerri's Comment

Great customer service

Just had solar wide install my panels yesterday. Everything so far from the quoting process to instalation has been very good.I was able to make my choice from a selection of panels and inverters I had a lot of questions all of which were answered and it was nice that not once did they rubbish another company. All Solar wide staff have always been polite and all follows up have been prompt. Everything about grid connection and solar app was explained and also documented via email. AAA experience
Hide Sue's Comment

Original Review on 13-07-2019:

From the prompt quote, to the installation at Noosaville, I could not have been happier with SolarWide at Warana on the Sunshine Coast. Very nice and efficient installation team. 6.6Kw quality LG Panels and Fronius inverter, with a Fronius Smart Meter to keep track of the energy.

Follow Up Review on 13-03-2020:

YES> The solar system has been producing excellent levels energy.
Hide Geoff's Comment

Q Cells (Other)

Solarwide

Everything was well organised from the quote to installation and grid connection. All people dealt with were friendly and helpful.

Awesome company

Front the time the meeting to discuss solar panels with this company to installation they have been fantastic to deal with, very informative and punctual the experience has been flawless. I have actually purchased an 11.88 kw system not a 10kw.
Hide Angela 's Comment

very happy with solarwide

Very happy with solar wide's service so far; at the time of writing solar hasn't been turned on yet as awaiting power board upgrade. So review for 'value for money' and 'quality of system' ratings have only been entered in order to complete the review.
Knowledgeable and friendly sales and admin staff.
Installers were friendly , efficient and tidy.
Hide Jo's Comment

1.5kW

Very efficient & good communicators

Very efficient & good communicators .
The whole job went trouble free.

Inverter Brand

Good company to deal with.

Prompt service with salesman on time for quote.
Kept well informed throughout the process.
Installation went smoothly and working as per the information given at the initial consultation.
Hide Mark's Comment

Inverter Brand

Professional and very efficient installation. Great advice on all aspects of the process - big and small.

Sales and quoting process was straight forward with clear advice on key aspects of the system and installation.
Installation was booked well in advance and completed on the day with minimal fuss.
The "back office" managed all of the connection and correspondence with the suppliers expertly.
Hide Malcolm's Comment

More than 6kW

Original Review on 25-03-2019:

Salesperson Lee was happy to educate us, talk about the benefits, and didn't pressure us to purchase. He knew he was the first to come and quote, and gave us advice as to the questions we should ask other companies. He did not denigrate others. SolarWide was not the cheapest, but we feel offered the best overall system for our needs. Installers Jarron and Craig arrived on time, and got on with the job. Left a tidy worksite on departure.
We were sufficiently impressed with the SolarWide experience that we referred our daughter and son-in-law to them, and they too have signed up.

Follow Up Review on 09-12-2019:

Unfortunately had a lot of grid over voltage issues and system shut downs.
SolarWide who installed the system were helpful, however Energex proved uninterested and slow to respond.
Eventually Energex monitored the grid for some 4 weeks, reporting that it was within specifications, but changed our grid connection to another phase, which seems to have sorted the issue. Next step, they said, if issues continue or recur, is to "balance the neighbourhood".
Anyway, despite the problems and shut downs, our last quarterly bill was $1.15, down from $400-500/qtr.
Hide Ron's Comment

Original Review on 07-04-2019:

Existing system removed ($300) and all hardware taken away (except panels which I have kept).

Follow Up Review on 07-12-2019:

Yes - currently AGL owe us $385 over two quarters instead of me paying them over $500.
Hide Chris's Comment

good all round

Everything went well, some communication was a little slow in coming back but all in all a good process through to installation
Hide Denise's Comment

Inverter Brand

Good system for the price

Sales and quoting was good
Installation ran smoothly and on time considering the extreme slope on the roof. Before beginning, they asked if we had any spare tiles. They replaced two tiles that were broken during installation
Customer service was friendly and efficient and they helped with the grid install.
Hide Don's Comment

Great solar company

Very happy with every aspect from office arranging on-site quote, sales person confirming appointment, arriving on time, explaining “how solar works” and what outcome would be achieve with different options. Didn’t try to over-sell products .Sales person didn’t make me feel any pressure for any commitment. After choosing system, was a efficient process with plenty of updates from company . Grid connection was organised by solar wide. Installers were great, punctual, tidy. Very professional company to deal with.
Hide Carolyn's Comment

6kW

Exceptional company

Sales and quoting was professional and uncomplicated .
No issues with the install .
Excellent customer service .
Overall , could not fault the job
Hide Michael's Comment

More than 6kW

Original Review on 18-01-2019:

Follow Up Review on 19-09-2019:

$2,000 to $4,000

Growatt

Best value

Fixed price quote. Panels and inverter top of the range. Installation and replacement of olf system was on time and efficient
Hide Bob's Comment

Inverter Brand

Knowledgeable and hands on quote, quality equipment

Friendly staff, detailed quote, no pushy sales, good quality equipment, long installation workmanship warranty (10 years).
Hide Bronwen's Comment

Excellent service

From the beginning SolarWide have provided excellent service. The salesman was very good and comprehensive and contact with SolarWide was great all along. Special mention must be made to the installers. On arrival at the house they had the photo of the roof and where the solar panels were going to be installed. When the roof was inspected the installers identified an area totally shade free facing WNW capable of taking 10 solar panels that did not look useful on the aerial photo as opposed the the north facing roof that would get some shade coverage. The installers changed their plans and as a result with both east and west facing solar panels we are achieving winter figures better than projected summer figures. Installation was smooth not one scrap of rubbish left on site. Grid connection was within a very short time and the on line inverter registration was handled by SolarWide. I would recommend SolarWide without hesitation to anyone on the Sunshine Coast considering a Solar system.
Hide Robert's Comment