• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

SolarWide Pty Ltd Reviews

About SolarWide Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

SolarWide is based on the Sunshine Coast and serves Brisbane and areas throughout greater south-east Queensland.

The company has connections with the top solar panel manufacturers and sellers in the industry, meaning it can purchase quality items and pass the savings on to its customers. People can expect an affordable service, as well as the expertise of a dedicated solar consultant.

Solar power systems from SolarWide come complete with a five -year installation warranty, as well as a 25-year manufacturer's output warranty and ten-year product warranty. The company endeavours to install all systems within four weeks.

SolarWide Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

The sales consultant Adrian went above and beyond. When I contacted him he was on holidays but answering my questions and following up with his office were NO problem for him. He rang me back to let me know the installation date and time, and what to expect when the installers arrived. All of this while he was on holidays!!! Great service, very informative and I would recommend SolarWide to anyone. Show additional information
We received great all round service from Solarwide. The salesman was very informative and prepared to explain and discuss options. The price was very competitive (met the price offered by a competitor) for a quality system. The installation team were very professional. Show additional information
Our experience with Solarwide was great. Adrian was really helpful assisting us in choosing the right panels and inverter for our needs.
The team that installed the system were punctual and pleasant and left the property clean and tidy.
Installed in 6 hours, in between rain! Very impressed! Now just waiting for the meter to be changed over so we can start making electricity! Show additional information
I would readily recommend SolarWide to people researching suppliers/installers. They have genuine people doing an excellent job. Quick to reply to any customer service request during & after installation. One LG panel glass shattered within the first month & was changed without hesitation. CEC approved installers were friendly, professional & helpful with both the inverter & the Solar Web Pro smart meter and app. My Fronius Inverter & 20 x 330w LG Neon2 panels are working well above expectations regularly delivering 35Kw/day (best so far 40.4Kw). Thanks Finn & Team for your recommendations. Show additional information
We are not as yet connected to the grid but so far so good. Everyone was very pleasant, speedy and neat. Show additional information
Arrived on time and completed quickly on the day, cleaned up and explained web overview and how to use it, all seems to be working as promised, had one query that was handled promptly after install. Only problem is with energy supplier staff not knowing their job and causing an additional 10 day cooling off period for the new charges before new meter will be installed. What can I say ,they don't like Solar??? Show additional information
Received good advice during inspections/quote. Installation went well and all appears ok but no contact from company as a follow-up was a bit disappointing Show additional information
Firstly I must stress that we are happy with our dealings with Solarwide except for the following hiccup in the process.

As advised at the time of purchase, the system was made Operational on the day of installation. We had 3 fantastic days watching the solar produce on the App installed on my computer and thrilled how well it was working and how much we were saving. Then came day four the EWR # was emailed to us to contact our electricity supplier to request the meter change over, at this point I was told by Origin the solar system should not have been switched on by the company and we were to switched it of immediately, siting dire consequences if we did not. Totally confused by what Origin were saying, as this situation was never discussed with us at any time by Solarwide, we rang them immediately and whilst communication with the company was very good we received mixed messages from several members of staff as to whether we should or shouldn’t leave/turn it off. In the end a decision was made, whilst we may have to wait anywhere up to 30 working days for Origin to arrange the new meter, it should be turned off. So as you can imagine, our euphoric state of mind plummeted to absolute disappointment. Here we were with thousands of dollars worth of equipment on our roof, fully paid for, doing nothing.

Our system was installed on 20/8 and we have just received an email from Origin advising our new meter is booked for the 21 September, all things being equally and nothing going wrong, words to that effect!

In discussions since with Solarwide I have been assured, moving forward, all Digital Meters will be turned off and clients advised accordingly so there is no confusion or disappointment experienced by future clients. I have come to understand that there are digital meters that may be left on and there are those that can’t but as far as Origin is concerned all should be turned off until the meter is upgraded, including analogue Meters.

I must stress that I am happy with my dealings with Solarwide and satisfied with the way the company has addressed this situation for future clients.

However, not at all happy that Origin take as long as they do to upgrade the meter. So here we are waiting axiously for the 21 of September to roll around and we can switch our system back on ????

Faye Blackburn
Pleasure to deal with on all aspects - Sales, Installation, Office. Very fast and complete response to all queries and concerns. Show additional information
Salesman (Pete Hamel) was very informative and particular with the set up of the panels and matched the price of another provider even though the panels he was offering were better quality. The installation was great, within 2 weeks of signing up, they replaced some cracked tiles and repositioned the TV antenna to enable better layout of panels. The salesman and admin staff followed up to ensure I was happy with the installation and that my smart meter app for the Fronius inverter was working correctly. Overall a great outcome, very satisfied. Show additional information
Dan from Solarwide was the only salesperson who correctly advised me to leave my hotwater on Tariff 31.
The panels (LG) and inverter (Fronius) they offered are high quality with long warranties. The time from acceptance of the quote to installation was only 2 weeks. The installation was first class - efficient, mess cleaned up and aspects of the system clearly explained. Dan followed up with a phone call to check that all was ok. Dan also sold me on a smart meter (installed as an app on my phone) to check solar production and usage on a daily basis - so far worth every cent of $275 as I use it every day. My system was fully operational within 10 days of installation (ie meter converted) and has so far exceeded my expectations.
have recommended them to other people Show additional information
SolarWide were awesome in discussions and installing system as I was in Sydney and had to communicate via phone. A job well done. Your website is superb in that it provides excellent unbiased data on products which helps with the selection process.
Andrew
The owners, Nick and Carol, are some of the friendliest people you'll come across and have been more than helpful with our solar installation. Solarwide provides a range of systems to fit most budgets in an easy to understand format. The cheapest system doesn't appear to compromise on "it just works" quality and the top end system is indeed one of the best available. The quotation/purchasing process was smooth and simple.

The installation date was within two weeks and the 20 LG 325W panels and Fronius Primo 5kW inverter were installed within 5 hours by a team of three. On the day communication was good and the post-installation overview of the system was informative.

I've just had my first solid month of generation and the system is performing above expectations.
The initial quotes received from different suppliers varied upon the system and their components however SolarWide offered a quality system which suited our needs. From the onset of discussions I was confident in dealing with the sales rep and office staff who were not only friendly and open with advice (with no push) but also knowledgeable of their products.
My issue was getting an appropriate system installed in Maroochydore whilst I reside in Sydney therefore requiring a high level of trust in the supplier we chose. This was not an issue as Adrian and the staff kept me well informed and sent up photos after installation to make me satisfied the job was completed as requested. The offer to revisit the site when I eventually move up north in the not too distant future was appreciated and I would recommend this company to anyone who require quality products and service. Thanks SolarWide.
Went out of their way to design what I wanted and to make it fit on the roof Show additional information
I had confidence in the quote process and the knowledge of the sales rep Dan Spencer. Dan gave me three options to consider and was able to answer all my questions over the subsequent days. The installation process was efficient and the guys tidied up well at the end of the job. When the retailer changed my smart meter over the systems fired up first time and we have been enjoying the benefits ever since without any issues. Show additional information
SolarWide have offered the highest quality system that suited our budget.

They were in tune with our needs as we about to build a new house. SolarWide had the right panel design and output to cover our first up energy usage - plus allows for battery storage expansion in a couple of years.

Very happy with their service and product offering so far. Hopefully the installation and operation will be same.

System selected is a Fronius Primo 5.0-1 Inverter & 6.55kw REC Twin Peak 2 panels (23 off).

Install is expected 2nd half of this year.
Your website was invaluable Show additional information
SolarWide were the only company you recommended that actually did LG panels - I wanted the best panels I could get and my research indicated LG were the best. SolarWide were very efficient, did what they said they would, when they said they would. Excellent service, great price (compared to other quotes I got for LG panels and fronius inverter). Show additional information
Very professional team who did the research on the property, took our needs as the priority in designing the system, did a clean, orderly installation and have continued the relationship with good follow up and documentation.
With all the noise out there from heaps of solar installers, Solarwide stood out for their all around attention to detail.