Specialized Solar Solutions Reviews

About Specialized Solar Solutions, Solar Installers

Specialized Solar Solutions
Gold Partner
ABN: 16 065 531 651  ABN active since 22 Apr 2000 | Specialised Heating & Cooling Pty Ltd
ACN: 065 531 651  ACN active since 08 Jul 1994 | Specialised Heating & Cooling Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 301593C Specialized Heating & Cooling Pty Ltd

VIC: REC 23458 Specialized Heating & Cooling Pty. Ltd.

Reviewers report paying: $2,447 - $8,777 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Specialized Solar Solutions is a Division of Specialized Heating and Cooling, a wholly owned and operated family business with nearly 40 years of experience.

In 2006, Managing Director David Stanley answered the community demand to supply renewable energy products to our customers, starting with Solar Hot water systems, and then moving to Solar Power, Battery Storage and LED lighting, to complement the range of energy efficient heating and cooling solutions sold, installed and serviced by the company.

Employing over 50 staff, we have our head office based in Lynbrook, Victoria, with branch offices in Melton, Bendigo, Hoppers Crossing and Albury

We’ll do everything in our power to reduce your energy bills with quality products and workmanship.

Specialized Solar Solutions Solar Reviews

Poor installation

Rough installation. I had cracked and broken tiles, rubbish left on my roof, penetrations through the roof not water tight, sarking tape not sealed correctly. I picked Specialized solar due to their years of experience in the trade but got rough and rushed work from their contractors. Besides the installation their sales and customer service team were great, couldn’t say a bad thing about them. Sad that poor contractors let a company down. Show additional information

Failure to site inspect

Despite my encouragement that they inspect the site before installation they chose not to. They quoted on a single storey property judged by a google map image. I corrected them that it was 2 storey. Later they indicated it was a flat roof. I again corrected them that it was a gabled roof. They turned up for the installation but left as they said they were not adequately equipped but would return another day. This has given me little confidence in this "recomended" company but to change or get new quotes is more inconvenience.
I now have to wait for them to re-schedule the installation.

Great service from all of the staff i dealt with,very helpfull,Excellant service from start to finish. Hasle free instalation.

Great service from all staff involved from start to finish,especially the ladies from the office,service at its best.
Installation went smoothly with no issues at all,tidy,punctual & polite.

Great company to work with

Spec solar are true professionals. They know their stuff and make the whole process easy and streamlined from beginning to end. From the sales team to the installers to the customer service team - all excellent. Show additional information

Excellent technical knowledge, quality install, great support

Adam discussed the technical issues in detail, the quote was detailed and the cost satisfactory, installation went well and the process of handover was smooth. Show additional information

Good communication, delivered as stated

Accurate and timely communication. Polite installers, nil issues, thank you Show additional information

Great installer!

The sales and quoting process went well - was not over sold to, down to earth salesman. Install crew were punctual and polite. Customer service has been very good so far - was contacted the following day for an explanation regarding next steps and gave me expectations on the likely timeframes on each step. Show additional information

Good company

All done via email. Punctual and no hassle efficient installation Very helpful with obtaining government rebate. Show additional information

Great installer

Installers were excellent, although there was a miscommunication on the fact one part was missing and the part ( meter to go in meter box) should have been installed quickly and took another week to install.Took anther 4 days for part to be made operational. Show additional information

Pleasure to deal with - Very happy customer!

All the way through from quotes to installation Specialised Solar have been absolutely excellent to deal with.

Sales team was great to work with, prompt responses via phone and email, very knowledgeable about the systems and hardware they offer, and more than happy to get into the nerdy details for those so inclined.

Installation team arrived on time, were great to talk to, and the attention to detail on the inverter and panel installation is second to none. Everything lines up, nothing crooked or rushed, and to top it off they left the garage as clean if not cleaner than before they arrived.

I would happily recommend Specialised Solar to anybody looking for great price and service on a solar installation.

Explained process well, helped me through the never ending application and were always quick to reply and helpful Show additional information

great installer. very quick and walked me through my options very clearly

not one of the three solar companies ocontacted by solarquotes.com.au but listed as a reputable company by them. installation and service was great Show additional information
It was great service from you I picked the company because they are tied with Heating and Cooling who are a good well known. Company and their Rep. Knew his subject and presented well. Show additional information
Great and friendly sales team that looked after all our questions without hesitation
Monitoring app took a while to get activated but working fine
Just waiting for our next bill to see any effect on cost

Hi Daryl,
Thanks so much for letting us know of your experience with Specialised Solar Solutions.
If you have any questions in relation to your monitoring app, please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
Have a good day.

They have been amazingly professional and thorough.

At no time did I feel stressed.

Hi Ivan,

So glad you were happy with your experience with us. It's great to hear.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for leaving us feedback, we really appreciate it.
If you have any questions, please contact us and we'll be happy to help

Have a good day.
Quick turnaround and process very easy from start to finish

Hi Holger,

Thank you for leaving some kind words about your experience with us.
Fantastic to hear, if you have any questions please contact us and we'll be happy to help.

Have a great day.
We have found in dealing with Specialized Solar that they have been very professional.
In addition, they provided excellent customer service and have an extensive knowledge in the various system configurations and panel requirements.
From the time they quoted our job, and to the final installation, they provided us with ongoing follow up phone & e-mail communications.
This made the process easier for us, as they provided clear timelines & managed the “Red Tape” associated with these type of works.
We would recommend them to anyone interested in Solar Panels

Hi Susan,

Thank you so much for leaving this very detailed review. That's great news.
I'll be sure to pass your kind words onto the Specialized Solar Solutions Team, whom you've delt with from start to finish.

Have a good day.
I have the most pleasant experience with this solar installation. Prior to installation, Nathanael is very information and professional. He is not “pushy” but very courteous throughout the whole transaction. A great asset to the company.

Next the team behind the team is just as professional and courteous. Chelsea ( whom I have never met ) is a gem. Whenever she replies her email or answering her calls she is very understanding ,kind, courteous and will bend herself backwards to help solve ant queries or questions. She makes me feel very comfortable talking to her and she is patient. With staff like this, the company will go a long way. Personally I think she deserves a pay rise if she has not have one yet!!

The next lady named Gemma (whom I have never had any dealings with before) had just forwarded me an email explaining to me what I will be expecting post installation. In her email she is showing all the attributes of her colleagues. Keep up the good work Gemma.

With regards to the installers they were very polite, tidy, knowledgeable about their work and it’s expectations.They were also very punctual and professional in their approach.

All in all everything that is done and accomplished with this installation has been a very excellent experience and the last thing that I want to have a fantastic experience is for the solar system to work effectively and efficiently.

Finally, would I recommend this company to my relatives and friends? Yes, with no reservations of course!!!

Hi Elaine,

Thank you for leaving such kind words about your experience with us.
It has been an absolute pleasure, helping you with the steps of you installation.
I will be sure to pass your kind words onto Chelsea, Jemma , Nathaniel and the Install team, I'm positive it will make their day.

Have great day.

Hi Colin,

We're glad to hear your happy with the panels that have been installed at your address.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and we'll be happy to help.

Have a great day.
Very happy with the system and the service. A little bit more communication immediately after the install, about the status of the system and how to operate it, would have made the whole experience a perfect 10! Apart from that detail, very happy.

Hi Ben,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.
We're so glad you were happy with the install and the service.
In relation to the monitoring side of things we are putting procedures in place to ensure this is smooth moving forward. If you have any questions in relation to your monitoring / online portal please contact us and we'll be happy to help.

Have a great day
I looked into solar for my home several years ago and found it all to hard to work through, who or what was the best solar and gave up. Something I hear common among friends. Finding SOLARQUOTES web site was the best. It broke down every thing about solar that could be easily understood and gave me a great understanding of the manufactures and models to look for. I have already told friends to use Solarquotes as a great start. Thank you

Hello Mark,

Thank you for leaving such positive words about your experience with us.
if you have any questions please contact us and we'll be happy to help.

Hi Grant,

Thank you for taking some time to leave some feedback from your experience with Specialized Solar Solutions. If you have any questions, please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
Overall good experience. Installed promptly, professionally. Had to do a little chasing to get access to the app, but happy now this all done. Would (and have) recommended to others.

Hi Julian,

Really appreciate you leaving us such a positive review.
You were great to deal with, knew exactly what you wanted and was thorough in your research.
Thanks for recommending us to others as well.

If you need anything, just give us a call.
Specialised Solar are a good company to deal with. Efficient installation and all forms and paperwork were provided post install. I'd recommend them.

Thank you for your review Don, we really appreciate you taken the time to leave us one.
We will touch base again with you soon to see how everything is going but if you need us beforehand just give us a call.

Kept getting pushed back due to weather (I get it, can't control that), however the next available installation was always weeks later. Didn't feel like I was a priority. Chelsea who was the contact was lovely though and did her best to make me feel like a valued customer. Install team didn't call before either of the visits.

Hi David,

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the delay but thank you for your review.
If you need anything in the future, please feel free to call or email.
My Husband and I could not have been anymore happier with this company, everyone was so helpful and so professional, and the four guys that were here at our house so polite and professional and when they left everything was clean and tidy, they even trimmed a tree for us, can’t sing this companies praises enough. 5 stars!

Hello Wendy,

Thank you so much for your positive review, we really appreciate the feedback.
If you need anything just give us a call.
We were delighted with the professionalism and support given by the sales staff, office administration and the installers. We would highly recommend this company to any prospective solar purchasers.
Thank you so much for youe excellent service.

Hello Ashley,

Thank you so much for your positive review.
We are so pleased that you were happy with the service we provided.
You and your wife were lovely to deal with and the hospitality shown to the team onsite was very much appreciated.
If you need anything in the future please feel free to call or email, we would be more than happy to help.

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your review, We really appreciate the feedback.
If you need anything in the future please feel free to call or email us.
Spec Solar were great to work with. Anthony Igmen was the BDM who managed the process for me, and was very knowledgeable about what they could offer, configuration, time frames, and was willing to work with me to get the price down, based on our needs, and other offers.

Hi Edward,

Thank you for your positive review.
You were a pleasure to deal with and was willing to provide us with all the information required to complete your installation and grid connection paperwork as quickly as we possibly could.
If you have any questions regarding your system please feel free to give us a call.
The team kept me informed throughout the process and even though initial inverter was faulty, they were back within a few days with replacement.

Hello Gary,

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciated how understanding you were throughout the changeover process and hoped we had done our best to keep you in the loop.
We can see that your system is up and running and producing great results!
We hope you are as happy with the results as we are.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Hi Heather, We appreciate your 5 star positive review. If you ever need anything in the future, please give us a call and we will be more than happy to assist. Thank you Show additional information
The person who came to see us was very personable, not pushy, explained everything in plain english so we could understand it easily.

Hi Joanne, Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us. We are glad to hear you had a positive experience with us. If you ever need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us. Show additional information
My experience with Specialized Solar Solutions has been positive all the way through from the initial quoting process with Anthony to installation with Joel and his team.
There has been good communication and the necessary paperwork has been processed quickly.
We're still waiting on Ausnet to do the meter but the system is working above our expectations.

Hi Kieran, Thank you for taking the time out to share your positive experience with us. We are glad to hear your installation went well and our customer service was great. If you ever need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us. Show additional information

Hi Barry,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review, we appreciate it.

Great company to deal with. After a few early hiccups at the quote stage with emails going astray everything else went very smoothly.
Really good communications and everything from install, inspection, paperwork, meter config happened as desired.

Hi Rod,
Our team at Specialized Solar really appreciate your positive feedback. We look forward to working with you again in the future.
Good communication, fast responses by Specialized Solar. Initial quoted panel distribution in 2 strings (16/6) not suitable for inverter, needed to be altered on installation date (12/10). Slight issue with electric installers not setting up wireless monitoring correctly, needed to contact Inverter manufacturer to resolve issue.

Hello Titus,

Thank you very much for your positive review, we really appreciate the feedback.
You were a pleasure to deal with and were available for follow up when paperwork was required to be signed and completed.
Thank you again for your business and if you need anything else in the future please do not hesitate to call.
Specialized Solar Solutions were good to deal with and an accidentally broken skylight was replaced quickly. They listened and made good suggestions about what we could do (inverter location and panel arrangement options) when other potential suppliers didn't or wouldn't (in order to make the install easy for them).

Hello Brad,

Thank you for your positive review.
We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your understanding regarding the skylight.
As you know these things can happen but the most important thing is making sure it gets fixed asap when they do.
Again thank you for your business and if you need anything else in the future please feel free to give us a call.

Hi Karen,
Thank you for your positive review, we look forward to hearing from you in the future if ever needed

Hi Andrew,
Thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Hi Adam, thank you so much for your positive review. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us Show additional information
Used company In the past. Knowledgeable people. they don't over sell.

Highly recommended.

Hi Chris,
Thank you for your positive review. Please don't hesitate to get in contact with us if you ever need in the future.

Charles and the team were very helpful and informative all the way through to post installation. They were always happy to answer all our questions and provide information to help us make a well informed decision. Installation was seamless and tidy.
Inspection took 4 weeks but I am led to believe that is because of our rural location. Once done paperwork was filed promptly and submitted to our power company.
So far we have halved our electricity bill and we are looking forward to receiving a further reduction to our bill once AGL get round to remotely reconfiguring our meter which can take up to 4 weeks!!

Hi Sharon,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We work hard to meet our customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. We look forward to working with you again in the future and if you need anything else please don't hesitate to contact us.

Installation was fantastic. Fast and on time.
Price seems reasonable in the average figure. Not the most expensive but definitely not the cheapest.
The one and only downside was it took weeks to get Inverter admin password.
if you decide to go with SpecSolar, make sure that you get the admin password straight from installer on the installation day.
The sales person did his best to help. Everything else is brilliant.

Hi Fery,
We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. It's great to hear your installation ran smoothly. In regards to the Fronius Admin Password, we are now including this in our Handover Packs. Once again, thank you and if you ever need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Hi Philip,
Thank you for taking the time out to leave us positive feedback. We hope your happy with your 6kw system and if you ever need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us.

Hi Paul,
Thank you for choosing Specialized Solar. We appreciate your positive feedback and we are glad that everything went well from start to finish. We are more than happy to help you in the future if ever needed.
The Process was easier than I expected. The installers were on time and got the job completed quicker than expected. Overall I am very satisfied

Hi Georgina,
Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us. We are glad to hear your installation went well. If you ever need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us.