Specialized Solar

Specialized Solar Reviews

Specialized Solar is a Solar Power Installation business based in Lynbrook VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Note: We have been informed that from July 1, 2020 Specialized Solar, business registered under ABN 36 609 698 375 has taken over the Solar division of Specialised Heating & Cooling Pty Ltd, ABN 16 065 531 651, trading as Specialized Solar Solutions and have t
he permission to use the Specialized Solar Solutions logo.

Reviewers report paying: $2,815 - $8,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Specialized Solar Reviews (109)

4.2/5

4.4/5

4.4/5

Trouble Free Solar Install

From our first contact with Specialized Solar we could not fault their service and backup. The sales consultant provided the quote quickly with a number of options available and answered any questions promptly, whether it be pricing and rebates, components or installation. The installation team arrived on the nominated day, and early due to forecast rain, and were very competent in their works. Before installing the solar panels they discussed with us the best placement of the panels on the roof and gave an estimation when works would be completed later that day so we could better plan our own day. Even with a few showers, they continued to work and were completed about the estimated time. Everything was cleaned up on site before leaving so no complaints there. The Electrical Inspector was on site the next working day and gave a glowing report of their work citing they were one of the better teams he had inspected. The girls in the office then went to work on the paperwork, etc, and could not be faulted. They led us through the whole process, explaining what was required, what to lookout for regarding paperwork, providing email addresses and phone numbers for support if required and then following up with inquiries as to how the process with the energy providers was progressing and was there anything they could help with.
Overall we could not fault our dealings with Specialized Solar and would highly recommend them to anyone considering installing solar panels

Excellent service and support

The sales and quoting was simple/straight forward. The sales person understood my issues re trees and knew what I needed.
Instillation was professional/punctual and considerate.
Customer service was excellent. Very helpful with all inquires and problem solving.

Beware the time it takes to turn on your system

Everything was handled very well until the inspector was required to turn the system on. From the time of instillation to the system being operational took 42 days. Not the fault of the supplier but very frustrating for us to have 18 panels on our roof doing nothing for that long period of time.

Finally all up and running and we look forward to much lower power bills in the future. Specialized solar tried very hard to speed up the connection process, if that had gone smoothly as it should have we would have had an excellent experience with Specialized Solar.

Fantastic experience

From start to finish the team at Specialized Solar have been fantastic. All through the process they have been polite, clear, transparent and a pleasure to work with.

Their electrical installation team were fantastic even suggesting on the day of installation some reconfiguration to further optimize.

They discovered that behind our switchboard was a mess of wires from our original renovation. They cleaned it up at no extra charge. They want to do the job right.

Highly recommend.

Original Review on 21-04-2020:

Professional and prompt in their dealings and a top quality installation

The salesperson was responsive and helpful and adjusted the system to suit my needs, which were a little unusual (I wanted a higher end inverter and just a few panels so it could be fit within a budget, which didn't make a lot of sense except that it was all to do with timing! anyway, I ended up spending extra to do it properly in one go, but they were helpful nonetheless Original ratings

8 months later we asked Tim: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has been excellent, and the quality of the install job has been commented on positively by a few friends who are electricians.

Professional

All information about the systems was delivered in a way I understood, sales person was so helpful and friendly he went over and above by lowering the cost and helping fill out rebate forms for the battery.
Installers were prompt and reliable and followed through quickly to get it inspected.

Excellent service and good price

Installation was excellent - Installers where polite and punctual and communication spot on
They were very clean and tidy and did not leave any mess
Customer service is great and they help with grid connection

Original Review on 11-12-2019:

Excellent technical knowledge, quality install, great support

Adam discussed the technical issues in detail, the quote was detailed and the cost satisfactory, installation went well and the process of handover was smooth. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Barney: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it has!

Good job, well done

Will and his team came at 7:20am and left at 5pm having worked consistently all day. Good safety procedures, pleasant people who cleared up after themselves and left everything tidy.

Recommend Spec Solar

Awesome customer service through entire process. Knowledgeable sales, good installation and thorough follow up and connecting to grid. Had a really good experience with Specialized Solar

Original Review on 19-11-2019:

Great installer

Installers were excellent, although there was a miscommunication on the fact one part was missing and the part ( meter to go in meter box) should have been installed quickly and took another week to install.Took anther 4 days for part to be made operational. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Sharon: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We have had one summer and one autumn electricity bill so far and are very impressed with the results. Would suggest the people considering installing solar panels, remember to utilise the suns energy and not be to concerned with want is being put into the grid. Housework such as washing or using dishwasher do during the day so use what the solar panels are producing and not to take so much from the grid.

A fully professional job

The sales and quoting process was pure business, not a friendly chatty experience. However, this gave me confidence that I was dealing with a decent, B/S free professional outfit, maybe I annoyed the sales guy because I kept changing my mind as to what I wanted. I started at 5kW and finally settled on a 10.3kW system. The installation team arrived on time and finished as planned the next day. The guys were pleasant and efficient and left the area clean and tidy. They organised the safety inspection and grid connection for the following week (yesterday) and after one sunny day and one cloudy day of operation the system has pumped out 58kWh of clean energy; Fantastic!!

Poor installation

Rough installation. I had cracked and broken tiles, rubbish left on my roof, penetrations through the roof not water tight, sarking tape not sealed correctly. I picked Specialized solar due to their years of experience in the trade but got rough and rushed work from their contractors. Besides the installation their sales and customer service team were great, couldn’t say a bad thing about them. Sad that poor contractors let a company down.

Failure to site inspect

Despite my encouragement that they inspect the site before installation they chose not to. They quoted on a single storey property judged by a google map image. I corrected them that it was 2 storey. Later they indicated it was a flat roof. I again corrected them that it was a gabled roof. They turned up for the installation but left as they said they were not adequately equipped but would return another day. This has given me little confidence in this "recomended" company but to change or get new quotes is more inconvenience.
I now have to wait for them to re-schedule the installation.

Great service from all of the staff i dealt with,very helpfull,Excellant service from start to finish. Hasle free instalation.

Great service from all staff involved from start to finish,especially the ladies from the office,service at its best.
Installation went smoothly with no issues at all,tidy,punctual & polite.

Great company to work with

Spec solar are true professionals. They know their stuff and make the whole process easy and streamlined from beginning to end. From the sales team to the installers to the customer service team - all excellent.

Good communication, delivered as stated

Accurate and timely communication. Polite installers, nil issues, thank you

Great installer!

The sales and quoting process went well - was not over sold to, down to earth salesman. Install crew were punctual and polite. Customer service has been very good so far - was contacted the following day for an explanation regarding next steps and gave me expectations on the likely timeframes on each step.

Good company

All done via email. Punctual and no hassle efficient installation Very helpful with obtaining government rebate.

Pleasure to deal with - Very happy customer!

All the way through from quotes to installation Specialised Solar have been absolutely excellent to deal with.

Sales team was great to work with, prompt responses via phone and email, very knowledgeable about the systems and hardware they offer, and more than happy to get into the nerdy details for those so inclined.

Installation team arrived on time, were great to talk to, and the attention to detail on the inverter and panel installation is second to none. Everything lines up, nothing crooked or rushed, and to top it off they left the garage as clean if not cleaner than before they arrived.

I would happily recommend Specialised Solar to anybody looking for great price and service on a solar installation.

Explained process well, helped me through the never ending application and were always quick to reply and helpful

great installer. very quick and walked me through my options very clearly

not one of the three solar companies ocontacted by solarquotes.com.au but listed as a reputable company by them. installation and service was great
It was great service from you I picked the company because they are tied with Heating and Cooling who are a good well known. Company and their Rep. Knew his subject and presented well.
Great and friendly sales team that looked after all our questions without hesitation
Monitoring app took a while to get activated but working fine
Just waiting for our next bill to see any effect on cost

Hi Daryl,
Thanks so much for letting us know of your experience with Specialised Solar Solutions.
If you have any questions in relation to your monitoring app, please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
Have a good day.

They have been amazingly professional and thorough.

At no time did I feel stressed.

Hi Ivan,

So glad you were happy with your experience with us. It's great to hear.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for leaving us feedback, we really appreciate it.
If you have any questions, please contact us and we'll be happy to help

Have a good day.
Quick turnaround and process very easy from start to finish

Hi Holger,

Thank you for leaving some kind words about your experience with us.
Fantastic to hear, if you have any questions please contact us and we'll be happy to help.

Have a great day.
We have found in dealing with Specialized Solar that they have been very professional.
In addition, they provided excellent customer service and have an extensive knowledge in the various system configurations and panel requirements.
From the time they quoted our job, and to the final installation, they provided us with ongoing follow up phone & e-mail communications.
This made the process easier for us, as they provided clear timelines & managed the “Red Tape” associated with these type of works.
We would recommend them to anyone interested in Solar Panels

Hi Susan,

Thank you so much for leaving this very detailed review. That's great news.
I'll be sure to pass your kind words onto the Specialized Solar Solutions Team, whom you've delt with from start to finish.

Have a good day.
I have the most pleasant experience with this solar installation. Prior to installation, Nathanael is very information and professional. He is not “pushy” but very courteous throughout the whole transaction. A great asset to the company.

Next the team behind the team is just as professional and courteous. Chelsea ( whom I have never met ) is a gem. Whenever she replies her email or answering her calls she is very understanding ,kind, courteous and will bend herself backwards to help solve ant queries or questions. She makes me feel very comfortable talking to her and she is patient. With staff like this, the company will go a long way. Personally I think she deserves a pay rise if she has not have one yet!!

The next lady named Gemma (whom I have never had any dealings with before) had just forwarded me an email explaining to me what I will be expecting post installation. In her email she is showing all the attributes of her colleagues. Keep up the good work Gemma.

With regards to the installers they were very polite, tidy, knowledgeable about their work and it’s expectations.They were also very punctual and professional in their approach.

All in all everything that is done and accomplished with this installation has been a very excellent experience and the last thing that I want to have a fantastic experience is for the solar system to work effectively and efficiently.

Finally, would I recommend this company to my relatives and friends? Yes, with no reservations of course!!!

Hi Elaine,

Thank you for leaving such kind words about your experience with us.
It has been an absolute pleasure, helping you with the steps of you installation.
I will be sure to pass your kind words onto Chelsea, Jemma , Nathaniel and the Install team, I'm positive it will make their day.

Have great day.

Hi Colin,

We're glad to hear your happy with the panels that have been installed at your address.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and we'll be happy to help.

Have a great day.
Very happy with the system and the service. A little bit more communication immediately after the install, about the status of the system and how to operate it, would have made the whole experience a perfect 10! Apart from that detail, very happy.

Hi Ben,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.
We're so glad you were happy with the install and the service.
In relation to the monitoring side of things we are putting procedures in place to ensure this is smooth moving forward. If you have any questions in relation to your monitoring / online portal please contact us and we'll be happy to help.

Have a great day
I looked into solar for my home several years ago and found it all to hard to work through, who or what was the best solar and gave up. Something I hear common among friends. Finding SOLARQUOTES web site was the best. It broke down every thing about solar that could be easily understood and gave me a great understanding of the manufactures and models to look for. I have already told friends to use Solarquotes as a great start. Thank you

Hello Mark,

Thank you for leaving such positive words about your experience with us.
if you have any questions please contact us and we'll be happy to help.

Hi Grant,

Thank you for taking some time to leave some feedback from your experience with Specialized Solar Solutions. If you have any questions, please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
Overall good experience. Installed promptly, professionally. Had to do a little chasing to get access to the app, but happy now this all done. Would (and have) recommended to others.

Hi Julian,

Really appreciate you leaving us such a positive review.
You were great to deal with, knew exactly what you wanted and was thorough in your research.
Thanks for recommending us to others as well.

If you need anything, just give us a call.
Specialised Solar are a good company to deal with. Efficient installation and all forms and paperwork were provided post install. I'd recommend them.

Thank you for your review Don, we really appreciate you taken the time to leave us one.
We will touch base again with you soon to see how everything is going but if you need us beforehand just give us a call.

Kept getting pushed back due to weather (I get it, can't control that), however the next available installation was always weeks later. Didn't feel like I was a priority. Chelsea who was the contact was lovely though and did her best to make me feel like a valued customer. Install team didn't call before either of the visits.

Hi David,

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the delay but thank you for your review.
If you need anything in the future, please feel free to call or email.
My Husband and I could not have been anymore happier with this company, everyone was so helpful and so professional, and the four guys that were here at our house so polite and professional and when they left everything was clean and tidy, they even trimmed a tree for us, can’t sing this companies praises enough. 5 stars!

Hello Wendy,

Thank you so much for your positive review, we really appreciate the feedback.
If you need anything just give us a call.
We were delighted with the professionalism and support given by the sales staff, office administration and the installers. We would highly recommend this company to any prospective solar purchasers.
Thank you so much for youe excellent service.

Hello Ashley,

Thank you so much for your positive review.
We are so pleased that you were happy with the service we provided.
You and your wife were lovely to deal with and the hospitality shown to the team onsite was very much appreciated.
If you need anything in the future please feel free to call or email, we would be more than happy to help.

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your review, We really appreciate the feedback.
If you need anything in the future please feel free to call or email us.
Spec Solar were great to work with. Anthony Igmen was the BDM who managed the process for me, and was very knowledgeable about what they could offer, configuration, time frames, and was willing to work with me to get the price down, based on our needs, and other offers.

Hi Edward,

Thank you for your positive review.
You were a pleasure to deal with and was willing to provide us with all the information required to complete your installation and grid connection paperwork as quickly as we possibly could.
If you have any questions regarding your system please feel free to give us a call.
The team kept me informed throughout the process and even though initial inverter was faulty, they were back within a few days with replacement.

Hello Gary,

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciated how understanding you were throughout the changeover process and hoped we had done our best to keep you in the loop.
We can see that your system is up and running and producing great results!
We hope you are as happy with the results as we are.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Hi Heather, We appreciate your 5 star positive review. If you ever need anything in the future, please give us a call and we will be more than happy to assist. Thank you
The person who came to see us was very personable, not pushy, explained everything in plain english so we could understand it easily.

Hi Joanne, Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us. We are glad to hear you had a positive experience with us. If you ever need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us.
My experience with Specialized Solar Solutions has been positive all the way through from the initial quoting process with Anthony to installation with Joel and his team.
There has been good communication and the necessary paperwork has been processed quickly.
We're still waiting on Ausnet to do the meter but the system is working above our expectations.

Hi Kieran, Thank you for taking the time out to share your positive experience with us. We are glad to hear your installation went well and our customer service was great. If you ever need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Hi Barry,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review, we appreciate it.

Great company to deal with. After a few early hiccups at the quote stage with emails going astray everything else went very smoothly.
Really good communications and everything from install, inspection, paperwork, meter config happened as desired.

Hi Rod,
Our team at Specialized Solar really appreciate your positive feedback. We look forward to working with you again in the future.
Good communication, fast responses by Specialized Solar. Initial quoted panel distribution in 2 strings (16/6) not suitable for inverter, needed to be altered on installation date (12/10). Slight issue with electric installers not setting up wireless monitoring correctly, needed to contact Inverter manufacturer to resolve issue.

Hello Titus,

Thank you very much for your positive review, we really appreciate the feedback.
You were a pleasure to deal with and were available for follow up when paperwork was required to be signed and completed.
Thank you again for your business and if you need anything else in the future please do not hesitate to call.