Adelaide SolarSafe

Adelaide SolarSafe Reviews

4.8

Based on 37 ratings  - Aus Ranking

Adelaide SolarSafe is an Adelaide based solar energy company providing solar energy solutions in the South Australia Capital. The company is a member of the Clean Energy Council and they say that their team of accredited designers and installers can provide easy step by step solutions for customers’ needs. They also say that they will do all the paperwork and coordinate all the processes on a customer’s behalf. Adelaide SolarSafe say that they can also provide ‘Safe Light’ and ‘Safe Power’ systems with their grid connect solar systems, and that these are back up systems in case of grid failure emergency conditions. The company says that it provides a 25 year performance warranty on all solar panels and 5 – 10 years warranties on inverters. Among the companies brands are SMA, Solaredge, Fronius, Sonnen and LG.

Customer testimonials for Adelaide SolarSafe are available, and include the following:

“ The salesperson who came to our home to measure and quote was the business owner, and was very knowledgeable and helpful.”

“ Thank you Andy and the team at Adelaide SolarSafe. After researching and and obtaining three quotes, we found the company and service to be exceptional and of a high professional level.”

“ Wow, what a pleasant change your company has provided us. We really appreciated the honest up front personal service provided by Adelaide SolarSafe. We will continue to recommend your company, and good luck in the future.”

Reviewers report paying: $5,980 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Adelaide SolarSafe Reviews (37)

$4,000 to $6,000

Sunpower

SMA

Inverter Brand

Awesome from start to finish, cannot recommend the team highly enough

All I had to do was let the team in. Everything was done seamlessly and tidily.

Old fashioned service that always is a winner.

Hide Greg's Comment

Inverter Brand

I recommend adelaide solar safe

If you are considering solar paneIs for your home, I highly recommend Adelaide solar safe. I found the process to be very easy and stress free. They took care of everything and the installers on site were punctual, courteous and provided an exceptional quality of workmanship. I now look forward to checking the app every day to see how much power my panels are generating. If you need solar panels don't hesitate to call adelaide solar safe.
Hide Darren's Comment

Great installation experience

Quoting process was personalised to what is important to me, technical issues explained, friendly follow up. Installed sooner than predicted and the guys were on time, worked hard all day, left everything clean and tidy, showed me how the system worked. Good follow up and checked if I was happy with service. Installer arranged SEG and grid connection with my retailer.
Hide Gwyn's Comment

Premium service

Andy fitted us in when he was booked out as I was leaving within a couple of days. He was honest and upfront. I love that he told me they wouldn't be the cheapest but would use quality materials and installers. This is a mantra that I used when in business myself in a small business. Quality trumps cheap for me everytime.

The installation team was punctual and polite and my wife was very pleased with their behaviour and cleanliness. I inspected the job when I got home and was quite impressed as well.

Adelaide Solarsafe did all the paper work to change us over and we didn't have to do much at all.

We had an issue with the tesla app after the installation of the smart meter but despite it not being part of their scope or install, the installation team, in particular Rikki, came around and contacted the software suppliers and rectified the problem at no cost. i would highly recommend the entire team if you want a quality system and installation combined with premium service. It won't be the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.

Thank you for your kind words and support Chris . Our team really appreciate the feedback.
Hide Chris's Comment

LG Chem

Original Review on 14-03-2020:

Nice and Easy

Discussed my needs, gave a quote, organised installation date, installed the system, organised the paperwork and explained how the system was installed and how it works. Didn't have to worry about anything. Nice and Easy.

Follow Up Review on 14-11-2020:

System was installed based on the average daily usage from the previous year, so with a solar and battery system I have not had to pay anything to the retailer, it has even produced enough energy (and income) to cover the daily connection fee and other costs. Very happy.
Hide Andrew 's Comment

Inverter Brand

Good experience from start to finish.

They were punctual and polite.
Spent a lot of time explaining system and giving detailed quote with lots of information.
The installation guys were very good and friendly. They also cleaned up after themselves.
Any questions or issues were answered by the office promptly.
Would recommend them to anyone thinking of getting solar system.
Hide Mark's Comment

Honest Local family Business

Solar Safe have provided a solar solution that was tailored to our home.
Andy came out to inspect our home and he went to the trouble of getting on the roof to calculate the angles etc in order to determine our best solution and our expected return.
Brett arranged the install and all went pretty much as planned with good communications all along the way.
We now have a 6.5Kwh System and by using the app, we can see our use and production at any time of the day.
I have calculated that my costs will be returned within about 3 years and am confident that this quality system will last at least 20years.
I know there are much cheaper systems out there and I have considered them. I did a lot of research and it was very clear that a local solution is a MUST.
I can't comment on other local options and can only say that we are very happy with the product and service that we have received from Solar safe and are happy to recommend them.
Hide Fred's Comment

Jinko Solar

5 Stars all round

I'm more than happy to give Adelaide SolarSafe a 5 Star review.
Andy and his team could not have been more customer focussed. From the initial site survey to understand my needs and wants and throughout the quoting and installation phase Adelaide SolarSafe were first class.
Installation day was also hassle free, (despite my fussiness!) Rick and his team were punctual, professional, and worked to complete everything in one day.
System handover was comprehensive and I'm really happy with the system performance so far.
Adelaide SolarSafe would be the only call I'd make if I need another quality system and have no hesitation recommending them to anyone considering solar.

Hide Richard's Comment

A Great Job Well Done

Great friendly and prompt service, right through the process. From Andy’s personal attendance and knowledge, thru to Ricky and Bretts installation and run thru. 10/10 the whole way 10/10 for Finns info, recommendations and referral system.
Hide Michael's Comment

Inverter Brand

Awesome system to suit some challenging positions

Andy was great suggesting a system to suit some shading problem areas. Everyone in the business were easy to deal with. Couldn't be happier with the results!! Thanks to all the team at Adelaide solarsafe
Hide Chris's Comment

Battery Brand

It was great to deal with Adelaide Solar Safe. As someone who knew little about solary systems, I found Andy not only extremely well prepared, but also patient

It was great to deal with Adelaide Solar Safe. As someone who knew little about solar systems, I found Andy not only extremely well prepared, but also patient in answering all the questions I asked him even if probably some of them were really silly.
It wasn’t necessarily the cheapest quote I received, but they gave me confidence they were doing the right thing.
The system was installed approximately 5-6 weeks after I signed the contract, and they took care of every step of the process particularly on the administrative side (i.e. helping us switching energy providers, getting the rebates, etc.)
The installing team was superb. It took them 3 days to install everything and get the system up and running, but they didn’t cut any corners, and they didn’t leave any dirt or rubbish behind.
Highly recommended!
Hide Armando's Comment

Professional

Sales/quoting process was impressive. An eight-year old, but under-performing system existed on my roof. Andy made serious effort to determine whether or not this could be rehabilitated. That was not possible, but I later learnt that the firm recycles as much as possible of these materials.

Installation: Three young men, polite, punctual, personable, unobtrusive (apart from inevitable footsteps on the roof) Their leader kept me informed of their work, and before leaving explained the next step in the process.

Customer service: complete. Brett visited to check, answer questions and install and introduce the monitoring system. He gave assurance that any the firm is available if any questions or problems arise.
Hide Anne's Comment

Original Review on 25-12-2019:

Thoroughly professional

The others only did a simple, basic design. This one had voltage optimizes on each panel to deliver superior performance. Pre-installation inspection involved two hours on the roof assessing shading from buildings and trees (even the tall ones two blocks away) and visual impact on neighbors. We agreed on "Plan C" after taking all thinks into account and at the original quoted price. Then the quality of the system. Of course that was higher, but genuine warranties were twice as long. Payback is longer, but the years of likely extra service without trouble - and the accumulated savings - made this one the standout option. Quality is always the best value in the long run.

Installation went seamlessly and it all works as expected.

Follow Up Review on 25-08-2020:

The system has performed faultlessly since it was installed eight months ago. Comparison between the estimated performance (based on typical Adelaide weather/solar intensity data) and my daily/cumulative readings gave reasonably good agreement, although actual performance is a little less on average. Particularly in the winter months. That could be differences with actual weather events, or the impact of shade from one tree in particular, which continues to grow larger. This is not a criticism and we are still well satisfied with the financial benefit. Even if pay-back will take a little longer, the investment is sound.
Hide Maris's Comment

20kW

More than $20,000

Highly professional

Brett and the Adelaide Solar Safe team were very professional and knowledgeable about their products and solar. The installation team lead by Ricky were first class and spent the time to make the install neat and tidy. Excellent work.
Hide Michael's Comment

Inverter Brand

Quality, Price and Installation all top of the range.

Information and quoting very good, Installation and customer service were top of the range.
Hide Geoff's Comment

4kW

Sunny Boy (Other)

Original Review on 28-07-2019:

Follow Up Review on 22-07-2020:

Beyond expectations - my electricity account is just getting further into credit, even in winter, and I'm planning to convert my gas hot water system to electric just to take advantage of that.
Hide Alison's Comment

Top Quality Installation.

The sales/quoting was very comprehensive, very professional.

The install crew were right on time, worked hard all day, were polite and cleaned up everything at completion.

Everything was explained about system and grid connection was organised promptly.

Would highly recommend this company.
Hide William's Comment

Adelaide SolarSafe system

A helpful sales person who could answer all my questions
A good price for a quality system
A tidy installation done when promised.

Hide Bronte's Comment

Inverter Brand

Excellent work, extremely nice team of 3 installers (nice to see companies employing apprentices)

quoting process was great, Andy came twice to the house and explained every thing well.
Installation went smoothly with phone calls letting us know when they were coming (over a number of days due to weather problems)
customer service was excellent. organised meter exchange from old to new with AGL. we didn't have to do anything.
Hide Nick's Comment

Battery Brand

Great service from start to finish

Excellent customer service and detail on quotation, install crew did a fantastic. We recommend highly and great to be supporting Family owned local business.
Hide Scott's Comment

Battery Brand

The solar system we wanted

- They listened to our needs and put together a good quality package. All other quoted offered what they wanted to sell.
- Installers were careful and skilled. Talked to us about any issues, so we were involved all step of the way.
- Explained all steps of the process, and arranged everything.

Hide Gary's Comment

Inverter Brand

Magnificent service and very knowledgeable

The team from Adelaide Solarsafe were great, they took the time to customise our system to our needs and explain the reasons that led to their choices. Very good, highly recommend them
Hide Ben's Comment

Battery Brand

Quality product, highly professional installation and excellent customer service! 6.5kw system + Tesla Powerwall 2

We used solar quotes to choose our installer as we felt their were so many companies out there and so many horror stories about dodgy work. The three recommended companies all had very good reviews but Adelaide Solarsafe stood out because they were a local company and the solution they provided was very customised to our house and requirements. The products they recommended were all top quality with excellent warranty periods. This was very reassuring considering some of the horror stories I have read about on the internet. The customer service from Brett was excellent as they helped us through government and energy company requirements to qualify for the government subsidy and VPP.

When it came to installation, three highly capable electricians came over for 2 days and did an excellent job of installation. The finished product looks very professional. They also gave me some general advice about some safety aspects of my existing switchboard.

We now can monitor everything by the app and its great to see we aren't using the Grid anymore.

Hide Angus's Comment

Hanwha Q CELLS

great Service

Great service from Andy when getting the quote, answered any questions I had and wasn’t pushy trying to get a sale.
Install team where great and very polite
Arrived on time both days and left the place clean and tidy

Hide Denham's Comment

4kW

$4,000 to $6,000

Jinko Solar

SMA

Inverter Brand

Great service, on time, efficient!

Clarity of info and practical onsite quote.
Installation was professional with care for detail.
After sales grid connection spot on.
Hide Philip's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great service team and excellent system

Andy was very helpful and knowledgeable, I felt comfortable dealing with an owner of the business and they delivered on all commitments. Would recommend to anyone considering a good quality system
Hide Dean's Comment

Quality Installation

Andy from Adelaide Solar Safe came around to explain the operation and components of the system. My installation was on north and west facing roof areas to allow for a more sustained production of power through the day without a sharp unusable peak at midday. I can cook my dinner on getting home at 6pm still using power from the western panels.
The system cost more than a budget system but the power generation should be more uniform. I also went for a battery ready system the Solar Stor so when the battery technology has become more mainstream it will be an easy upgrade.
The fitters, Brett did a great job on a very warm day (mid 30's) and the inverter is protected from the elements being fitted in the garage.
Hide Neil's Comment

7kW

Seemless

Quoting process was good, one didn’t get in touch until I had already made my decision so was only quoted by 2. Installation was great (only this week) and the lads answered all my questions. Customer service from Adelaide solar safe was great, Andy was why we chose to go with them, had done a lot of research myself but was still a bit nervous about it and he was great. We paid more than we wanted to but were happy to because we felt we could trust him and that he wasn’t trying to sell us anything we didn’t need.
Hide Matthew's Comment

10kW

$12,500 to $15,000

Best Knowledge & workmanship

Best service and advise on the wright system for me.
I found Andy to have a great knowledge on solar products,very switched on bloke
it took me 3 months, 4 different solar installers to understand about different panels / how solar works
it was a huge investment and found Adelaide solar-safe were the wright ones, that they will be around for a long time if i need them
like to thank Ricky and his team for a great job installing everything & staying back late to show me the system ,very neat & clean work
will recommend to everyone ,as you wont find better knowledge & workmanship

Hide Ren's Comment

7kW

Cost

Great experience from start to finish. Came out to look at job rather than just over phone. Andy was very knowledgeable about products and helpful even down to looking at my electricity bill and suggesting I should be on a better deal. Install team on time, easy to deal with and offered direct number if any questions. Performed top looking work. Quality team, quality finish! Would not hesitate to recommend!
Hide Tim's Comment

More than 6kW

Cost

Andy Turner gave us outstanding service. He knew his product inside and out, which was very important for us, because we asked A LOT of questions.
He got back to us when he said he would.
He was competitive with other quotes that we gave him.
He was available and always answered his phone when we rang him.
The installer Rikky was also exceptional.
He stayed back late to finish the job, and he showed us how to use the app.
I would highly recommend Adelaide Solar safe to anyone.
Hide Michelle's Comment

$10,000 to $15,000

Cost

There are several things that made this company stand out from the rest.

The owner - Andy, was a fella that was passionate about the technology, new what he could do for us and provided alternative solutions. He was very confident with the product, communication was excellent and the installer was a pro. They pitched the price just right and they cleaned up after themselves - can't go wrong.
Hide Ben's Comment

Cost

Friendly family business with great service
Hide Leon's Comment

Cost

The person who sold us the system had a great product knowledge, he really listened to our needs and supplied the best suitable system.
Hide Leonie's Comment

Cost

The salesperson was the owner of the business and approached the sale with all the info we needed, gave us advice, and was able to make decisions as he was the owner.

Very pleased with the professionalism of the company thus far.
Hide Jenny's Comment

1.5kW

Cost

The salesperson who came to our home to measure and quote was the business owner and was very knowledgeable and helpful.
Hide Melissa's Comment

N/A

1.5kW

Under $3000

Cost

The salesman spent two hours talking to us explaining everything got up on the roof and told us the best place to put it. As where other companies just googled my house and 1 didn't turn up when we made a time and date, and still haven't heard from them.
Hide Merrilyn's Comment