Banana Solar

Banana Solar Reviews

Welcome to our SolarQuotes review page. Banana Solar exists to deliver high quality solar solutions that maximise your savings. This is how we make our customers happy:

- We choose the products we offer carefully after considering product quality and warranty strength so that you have a long lasting system

- We use the best solar software available so that you know what generation to expect from your system

- We conduct an on-site technical inspection for every customer so that there are no surprises when it comes to the installation day

- We train our sales team on the technical side of products and system design so that you get the right system for your needs

- We analyse your electricity bills using our industry leading solar calculator so that you know what savings to expect from your investment

- We recommend the best electricity plan unique to your situation so that you get the quickest payback time possible

- We use dedicated installation teams trained in house so that you get high quality workmanship

- We have dedicated support staff so that your questions and support queries are answered quickly for the lifetime of your system

We work each day according to our company values: Honesty, Commitment and Excellence. Experience the Banana Solar ‘No BS’ approach and request a free quote today

Reviewers report paying: $3,500 - $5,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Banana Solar Reviews (202)

Original Review on 20-10-2021:

Quality Service and Great Installation

Smooth and easy sales and quoting process. Good installation and now issues so far! Original ratings

8 months later we asked Greg: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Great. works well with no issues after 12 months.

Listened to my needs

Banana Solar came back with a good initial proposal and then listened to my needs to refine it further to include EV charger installation.

They answered my questions and didn’t seem to oversupply.

Installation occurred seamlessly and communications were good.

So far very happy with the result. Thank you Banana Solar!

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

The best by far

We did not know much about solar so we did a lot of research and contacted 8 suppliers as many do not come to your house to quote. We found this strange that some companies think that dealing with a voice over the phone on such a huge investment was ok. Banana Solar were the only company that came out and spent over an hour with us, took photos, answered all our questions and sent the quote quickly. When we got the quote we had more questions so I called Nicholas (who came out) and he set up a video conference call on the spot and walked me through the entire quote. We had multiple interactions with Nicolas who was a standout. No pushy tactics just straight answers and really easy to deal with. The installation was also professionally done. The installation team was efficient and no issues at all. After the install there are still some tasks to be done with the meter. By this stage we had paid in full and many vendors would not be responsive but not Nicholas, he was brilliant and helped us right to the very end. That was in 2020. We recently had to change the wifi password for our Enphase system and couldn't work out how to do it. We called Banana Solar and Nicholas called back and helped us re-establish the connection. There was nothing in it for him so the fact that he called back and provided assistance was unbelievable. It is rare to find a supplier that delivers excellent service and stands behind what they say. If we ever move house and need to get solar I wouldn't bother to shop around. The clarity of information provided, the service, the ability to call Nicholas and ask as many questions as I need to, the fast turnaround, great installation experience and no pushy tactics is where Banana Solar stands out.

Great experience

Banana Solar were very easy to deal with from start to finish. Installation was timely and swift, with detailed explanations of the process and products used. I’d recommend them highly.

Professional and Timely Service

Sales process was professional and informative

Installation completed quickly after quote accepted. Installer was professional and discussed process prior to commencement of the work. All agreed timeframes met by sales and installations teams.

Replaced older Solar System. All work completed and as far as I know the grid connection was completed same day. I guess the first power bill from AGL will confirm this. Details of the existing grid connection were provided prior to the installation so that the arrangements could be made with AGL. However, from monitoring via iCloudSolaron my Windows P/C there does not appear to be a flow to the grid. I received an email from Banana Solar post-installation advising that AGL would need to install another meter within 3 weeks so will wait and see (not a big deal with feed-in tariff of only $0.05.
During investigations prior to accepting the quote, AGL advised that 'EWS' was OK and no additional work required.

Happy with Banana Solar through an extremely challenging experience with a faulty batch of micro inverters through end phase. They’ve had to come back to the property multiple times and They have clearly lost a massive amount of money on this installation. Enphase refusing to provide any warranty or backup support. If I had my time again I will definitely use Banana Solar but use different inverters

Great Service, Competitive Pricing and Support

As many people know, the quality of the installation, service and support is just as important as the quality of the panels and invertors. I recently installed an extension to my residential solar system through Banana Solar. This enabled me to obtain a total of 14kw and the use of individual monitoring through Enphase. The sales process was innovative, friendly, informative and courteous. Nicholas was well prepared for the meeting outlining design options, orientations, panel, invertor and battery storage options. In addition to this, he visited my residence (which many companies do not do) to assess the location and took a drone up to take pictures of my roof to compliment the design options.

Banana solar came on time and finished the job to perfection. The installer was very careful with my roof tiles, safety and always ensured that I was informed of progress. The installation team met all my design requests and also completed a safety check on my previous installation as a matter of courtesy. I am quite a picky person on quality and cost, and all my expectations were met. The installer stayed back after the physical installation and ensured that everything worked, trained me using the app and ensured all 35+ panels were operating correctly.

I genuinely believe, in this case, dealing with a small/ medium company has it advantages as all my calls (re enquiries, support, confirmations) were returned promptly. I highly recommend Banana Solar as the energy produced today has gone far beyond my expectations and the follow up calls to ensure that things were going well added to the superior service. Well done team at Banana Solar.

Beat my expectations

The whole process was excellent. Professional, informative and accurate. The savings we've achieved have been better than estimated. Strongly recommend these guys.

Good with the not so good

The sales advise was efficient and polite,, responding quickly to my calls. Prior to the decision to go we had a number of discussions on system mix before finalising on a plan. The site visit was useful and we did some changes to the layout. There was some weather interruption to installation but the team was polite, effective and efficient.
There was a problem that the changes to the layout did not get to the installation team, which I discovered after a work inspection after the racks were installed - for expediency we didn't change the plan (it was nearly Christmas). The system worked well but it took a while to get the wrap-up email from the company and when I checked with my retail provider they claim they had not been informed of the addition of solar (contrary to the wrap-up email). This was easily fixed by me, but it was just as well I called.
In short a good system and installation, and their lapses was most likely due to it being a very busy time near Christmas. I would be happy to recommend them with a caveat of the need to follow-up on the details.

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

Good Price and Service

- Good info from the sales guy
- Good Price
- Good Service

Great installation excellent service.

A quality installation very professional and communicative.
Great service from a knowledgeable professional and good follow up advice and explanation.

Replaced an old system so simple process with the grid connection.

Original Review on 01-04-2021:

Installation by Banana Solar

The salesperson was not only polite, personable and competent but not at all aggressive in his sales manner. The quote was done at my home and was compiled using technology including a drone to determine where to place panels etc.
the price was competitive and the ongoing follow up good.
The other companies were using out of date google earth photos of the property to base their quotes. They had no idea whether the landscaping had placed mature trees on the property for example. They were reluctant to come out in person.

8 months later we asked Mary: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has been performing well but I had to change my provider. Energy Australia were charging peak rates but not buying power at a reasonable rate. It was not until I changed supplier to AGL that I actually gained any advantage of using solar power.

A great upfront consultation

The initial consultation was excellent in outlining the various trade-offs and designing a system that meet our current and potential trial future needs

Great Result!

Very happy with the team from Banana Solar. Oscar managed my many questions and changes as I went from initial concept of a string system to micro inverters. The install team were very efficient and cleaned up thoroughly after themselves.

Allan the director came onsite to finalise the install and talk me through the system and what to expect. Highly recommend Banana

Shout out too for Solar Quotes very handy service!

Original Review on 08-03-2021:

Great service, installation, system quality

Got three quotes, one of which was outside SolarQuotes (one of the SolarQuotes referred installers didn't respond initially, then visited, but never quoted). Banana Solar was not the cheapest, but I didn't expect them to be. Boris from Banana Solar spoke to me on the phone several times, sent me a quote, and then refined it as we had discussions. He was most helpful and open to my requirements. Nico from Banana Solar visited and used a drone to survey our roof segments and cabling positions. We ended up with a design that had more panels on the roof (on multiple roof segments, East and North) than where we began from, with panels and microinverters. Once I agreed to proceed, they quickly set up an installation date. On the day, they turned up and started work. I was able to discuss things with Boris even as work was happening. Finished installation over two days (neat and tidy work), and they set up the wifi/app so we could monitor consumption and solar generation. Boris sent off the application to our electricity retailer so we could be connected to the grid and export unused solar energy. All worked very smoothly and quickly. Now exporting solar to the grid (at the moment, we're in credit). Original ratings

8 months later we asked Tarun: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Absolutely, yes!

Good pre-sales, fantastic installation and good customer service

Sales/quoting process:
Nicolas, our Banana Solar rep, was fantastic.
* He listened carefully to our needs
* Provided plenty of info
* Willing to do site visit to validate everything
* Nicolas' recommendation was different to others and he explained the rationale well and supported it with examples
* Took into account current and future needs
* Fair price

Things that could be improved
* Occasionally needed a follow up email when an enquiry went unanswered
* Monitoring concepts needed deeper research by both vendor and customer to ensure full understanding - but I think that's because the feature is still fairly new and our installation was not quite standard

* Booked as soon as COVID construction ban lifted
* Done in 1 day
* Cleaned up all rubbish
* Installation work very neat

Things that could be improved
* Would be good if more comprehensive written instructions could be provided for operation / maintenance (note this was eventually rectified)

Post installation
* So far, good support provided
* Electricity retailer promptly notified for change of metre

My Favourite Fruit AND SOLAR INSTALLER

I went with Banana Solar, because a friend used them to install their system and had an excellent experience. They were not an initial company forwarded by solar quotes, but they visited the site (which not all the installers did) had a knowledgeable friendly sales rep (who did not feel like a pushy sales rep.)

They provided a fairly different design than the other companies I approached and by far had the best price. Also they had an interesting metric that I hadn't seen in other companies, ethical investment.

AS for the installation, nothing to write home about. A three person team knocked it out in 6 hours on the slightly complicated second floor of an inner west terrace. Very happy.

Customer service was great, but there was a little delay to installation because of solar panel arrival in the country. This just gave me time to get a smart meter installed before the solar installation (10/10 would recommend if you can do it.)

Good but let down by the little details and post install follow-up

Update 11/10/21: Adam has advised the system is now fully complete, functional and that he is happy with the end result and service.

I chose Banana Solar on the strength of the reviews here and by the sense of competence I got during the quotation and design process.

Quote / Design Process:
I wanted a high end system that was ready to accept an AC coupled battery like a Tesla down the track and that deleted the risk of a high voltage DC isolator on the roof. I went with Enphase microinverters and on the recommendation from from Banana Solar went with the newer Trina Vertex-S 390kw panels for a 7.5kw system overall on a brand new home.

I made sure during the design and quote process that there was plenty of consultation with the install supervisor as I didn't want any surprises or confusion on the day of the installation. So we went through and confirmed the panel locations on the roof and the electrical installation inside our internal garage.

Installation:
On the day of the installation, things started shaky with the original install supervisor not there and very little of the pre-design discussion conveyed to the site manager whom attended. So the first part of the morning was taken up going over the same details of where to install the control box and allowance for a future battery. From that point my confidence dropped and I was probably asking a lot of questions and double checking everything that was being done.

The next problem came when the installers realised that the Trina panels were larger than allowed for in their original design software and they couldn't fit all 19 panels on the same north facing roof. They proposed to install 3 panels on a smaller roof with one panel installed in landscape to fit the rhombus roof profile. At this point I was getting cranky as the aesthetics of the installation and performance was now compromised and the options were limited on the day to resolve. In the end we agreed to install 2 panels on the smaller north facing roof and I've held on to the remaining panel and invertor until I could a roof vent relocated to the southern roof.

Overall the installation was fine and everything (other than the final panel locations) was installed as expected and operating by the end of the day. Unfortunately some lack of attention to minor details marred the overall experience and quality of the installation. Apart from the mix up on panel locations, the installers did little to protect the colorbond roof on the garage or the guttering on the main roof. This left minor damage and scuffing on both - not the end of the world but completely avoidable with a bit of extra care. The panels were unloaded from the vans and left to sit unprotected on the concrete driveway resulting in visible scuffing to the anodized extruded aluminum frames - again not the end of the world but something that will likely create accelerated corrosion in the years to come.

I had to insist on getting matching roof fixings where they had to lift the colorbond roofing to route the electrical cable and conduits - again a small detail that ensured no introduced leaks from broken or missing seals, that should have been a standard practice for anyone who works on a roof everyday. Lastly, same of the panels were left with a smearing of silicane sealant that the installers tried to wipe off with water and rags but which made it look worse. When I asked if they had or could recommend and appropriate cleaner to remove the stains, I basically got fobbed off and told not to worry about it.

Follow-up post installation:
Not withstanding the impacts of the COVID restrictions that greater Sydney has had to endure, I've had no follow-up from Banana Solar what so ever post installation. I sent an email to the sales agent and install supervisor conveying much the same information here and confirmed that I had withheld a small amount from the final bill that would be remitted as soon as the installation was completed. I've sent several emails and phone calls over the last couple of months to arrange the installation of the extra panel but I'm yet to get confirmation of their return to complete the job and the sales manager has passed me off to the install supervisor to arrange despite both being included on all the email requests.

Conclusion:
I guess if Banana Solar make good and come back to install the missing panel then I would still recommend them as they clearly know there stuff and are overall competent installers that use there own staff and not subcontractors. I think they have genuinely taken on my feedback on small improvements to their installation experience, however if in the end I have to get someone else to finish the job this would be a disappointing outcome for what is otherwise a good system.

Great system, great service, great transaction!

I decided to go with Banana Solar simply because they ticked all the boxes:
High quality products (with very good reviews)
Helpful, engaging and friendly customer service
Informed, easy to understand, transparent and relevant technical advice

There were a couple of technical challenges during the day of the installation due to the layout of my roof. The Banana Solar team who installed the system arrived on time and proceeded with the installation with efficiency and professionalism. I was consulted on important decisions and was kept up to date with the progress.

I went up to the roof and saw that they did a fantastic job!

The post installation follow-up answered all my remaining questions regarding the green loan I took out, monitoring the system via the app, and selecting the electricity retailer that offered the best deal on feed-in tariffs!

Overall, it was a smooth, hassle-free transaction with a company that is easy to deal with with. I have no hesitation in recommending Banana Solar!

Original Review on 07-08-2020:

Comprehensive design and smooth installation

Banana Solar were very clear and comprehensive with their estimate and design. After their initial email quote, they arrived with a drone to get more data regarding shading and roof quality and provided a revised estimate and design to include DC optimisers. The week of the installation, the solar engineer again reviewed the design and gave me a couple of options to choose from and explained all the next steps. The multiple design reviews gave me confidence that we had the right design and on the day of installation it was very smooth, on time and the team were extremely professional and tidy with their work. The customer service communications were very clear with the actions I needed to take and what Banana Solar were going to do and particularly in relation to my energy supplier and the change of the meter. I would highly recommend Banana Solar. Original ratings

13 months later we asked Wayland: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Original Review on 19-11-2020:

Satisfied Customer

There is a large range of solar equipment and solar companies selling/installing that equipment. If you are like me you are looking for reliable factual information from an honest company. We were very happy with the result of responfing to an advertisement from Solar Qotes. We chose 3 companies and all three responded with an initial quote. We were very satisfied with the one selected - Banana Solar - and found Solar Quotes to do much more than arrange competetive quotes. Their website was a goldmine of information. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Andrew: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it has. I have not had any follow-up from the supplier which would be useful and reassuring after say a year of operation.
I have found that you need to get used to living with solar power to make most use of its benefits. Excess power goes back into the grid for far less than you pay to receive power from the grid. Therefore it makes sense to use power during the sunniest times of the day when solar power output is maximum. Rather than turn on the dishwasher immediately after breakfast or dinner put it on middle of the day when solar output is highest. Same goes for washers and dryers, vacuuming the carpet, etc.

Go Bananas

I found Banana solar on solarquotes.com.au as one of the highest rated installers in Sydney and I felt like getting in touch.
I had to follow up couple of times to get a call from Banana solar, but all the interaction since the first call from them was amazing.
Nicolas is a nice fellow. He talks more about technology and less about quick selling of products. He takes efforts to make the customer understand why certain product is better and lets customer decide further. I liked the way he explained everything to me.
Banana solar were the only installers who wanted to visit the premises before the installation. This boosts the confidence of the customer like me.
Installation was done professionally and not a single tile from our roof was damaged. Job was completed swiftly. I was excited to see the system functional on the very day of the installation (of course the export to the grid is not done yet due to meter upgrade pending with the electricity provider).
I shall highly recommend Banana Solar for solar system installation.

A great experience

These were the only company to come out to my house and do a full inspection in order to get the quote right.

We worked together to get the number of panels I wanted and the estimated yield has proven to be quite accurate.

Looking at the panel placement on one of the quotes I received, there is no way that would have worked on the day of installation, but the diagrams on this one were very accurate.

On the day of the install, the team were polite and professional. They spent time explaining what they were doing and were very proud of what they’d done at the end of the day, showing me photos of the roof.
Not the cheapest quote I received, but I believe you get what you pay for.

Efficient, Friendly & Good Value for Money

I found Solar Quotes web site to be most useful in answering my questions about installing solar panels. I used the 3 quotes process plus I added another installer recommended by a friend.

Banana Solar presented the best solution at a very competitive price. Their friendly and efficient installers arrived on time completed the work in one day despite a rain interruption. It has been 2 months since the 10 kw of Trina panels and an 8 kw Sungrow inverter were installed and so far the results have been almost exactly as predicted.

I have found the usage monitoring to be extremely useful, particularly in timing activities during the day to take advantage of the power generated. Overall very happy with the advise given and the end product, and whenever asked I have referred friends to the web site, thank you SolarQuotes and Banana Solar.

Original Review on 30-10-2020:

Thorough.

The sales and quoting process carried out by Oscar was very thorough and very prompt.

The installation was carried out 10 days after our acceptance of the quote and the installers worked hard and long to finish our slightly complicated job in one day and the installers were polite and punctual and cleaned up well.

The customer service after the install was initially very good but about a week after the install we had a problem with some banging on the roof in high winds and it took a couple of emails to have that sorted. All in all a very good experience.

8 months later we asked Rosemary: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We're very happy with our system.

We haven't had any problems and had an electricity credit each month for the first six months (the warmer months).

We're very glad we invested in solar panels and Finn at Solar Quotes was very knowledgeable and helpful in our decision making process.

Original Review on 21-10-2020:

Going solar made easy

I couldn’t be happier with the team from Banana Solar, from the sales guy, to the installers and the follow up from the manager. I wasn’t looking forward to installing solar but the Banana Solar guys made it easy, from helping to chose the most appropriate system to the expert and professional installers. I never felt like I was being sold something more than I needed.
Everything happened as promised. I couldn’t be happier.

8 months later we asked Richard: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Absolutely. As expected, performance has deteriorated slightly during the cooler months with fewer hours of sunlight and the sun at a lower angle. But this was totally expected and as advised by our provider, Banana Solar. Apart from that, the system continues to work flawlessly. We have already made considerable savings on our energy bill. Our first two bills (Summer and Autumn) were barely a third of our bills for the same period last year. We are now considering whether it’s worth expanding the size of the array and installing a battery.
We’re very happy campers. If you haven’t yet gone down the solar path, you should definitely be thinking about it.
Thanks Finn

Great Work by Banana Solar!

Excellent work by the Banana Solar team. Our needs were carefully factored into the services they quoted on. They were professional throughout, from quote to installation. We are now happy owners of a solar system. Matthew and family.

Excellent designer and installation

I was shopping around for a PV system and had a few quotes from Solar Quotes. One installer gave me the usual 6.6kw and stock standard design which did not sound optimal given I had multiple roof angles and a small roof, and the price was steep. The 2nd installer pushed for a single phase system even though I had a 3 phase home, and did not offer me the pro's and con's of a single vs three phase system or my requirements for future electric vehicles etc, and assumed I wanted a blackout proof battery back up which was not the priority.

A friend used Banana Solar and was impressed by Boris who designed his system. Boris is a top bloke, assessed my home and roof layout and engineered the optimal panel layout with a few DC optimisers, maximising the full path of the sun throughout the day, and I was impressed by his knowledge given he is also an electrical engineer and CEC certified designer, I felt much more confident I was getting the optimal design given the size of my roof, and wanting the best value and largest size system possible as I am also an engineer. Boris designed a great 3 angle 7.8kw system with Fronius 3 phase inverter and Q-Cell 390w Peak Duo G9 panels for a reasonable cost. He also followed up with an on-site drone visit to confirm his design is optimal and there were no surprises.

The install team were friendly, on-time, worked hard and were very accommodating as I wanted the cable duct to be less visible from the street and they extended the duct to the inside of my fence. The installation was finished before 5pm.

I am waiting for the smart meter to be installed in a week's time, and Banana helped put in all the paper work to get it sorted, but the performance of the system way surpassed Banana's forecasts for this time of year.

Highly recommend Banana Solar and Boris if you want to get your system designed professionally and installed properly the first time and at a reasonable cost.

Punctual and great communication. I have yet to test out system.

Banana solar

Happy with everything except that i am not that good with mobile phone and apps still do not know how to connect to fronius converter with app

Original Review on 30-08-2020:

Hassle free Intallation

Having done plenty of research on solar systems, mainly on Solar Quotes, I was reasonably prepared for the three quotes. I found that Banana Solar provided the most thorough analysis of our requirements, where we have shadowing problems due to a recently built duplex next door. They used a drone to take views of both our property and next door to work out the best design for our situation.

The installation was done efficiently and all went well. The three member crew worked diligently, but I did have a bit of trouble communicating with them as their English was very limited and the main person was a bit difficult to understand. However, they did a good job and certainly seemed to know what they were doing. They arrived early and worked almost without a break to get the job done.

I am now waiting for Origin Energy to install the smart meter next week so that we can start to feed back our excess energy production. The Banana Solar office helped with the paperwork and have been available to answer any questions whenever I needed help or clarification with the various steps to get the system online.

Everything seems to be working well so far and hopefully I'm on my way to reducing my electricity bills.

8 months later we asked Serge: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Very happy with the performance so far. Installation was in mid August 2020 and have made the following savings:
With Solar Previous Year Savings
Quarter Amount Amount
Jul-Oct 20 $349.24 $671.35 $322.11 (part qtr only)
Oct-Jan 21 $163.27 $528.62 $365.35
Jan-Apr 21 $147.77 $530.65 $382.88

That's total savings of $1,070.34 so far. I have an all electricity house which includes a pool and 2 air conditioners.
I run most of my appliances and pool pump during the day when I get maximum solar production.
I have also switched my Origin Energy account to "time of use" with a 16c per kWh FIT which is proving better than their 19% discount with a 7c FIT. Pays to shop around for the best plan.

Very positive experience. 5 Stars!

This installation was to replace my existing solar PV system and solar hot water system that are 15 years old. I know the benefit of solar systems and have been through previous solar system installation process.

This time around, I find the process pleasant from beginning to the end thanks to Banana Solar.

System Design.

Oscar Healey, the Solar Consultant was very knowledgeable, responsive and patiently entertained my many questions about the design. Over numerous email and phone conversations Oscar was able to educate me on the latest and answered all my questions. Absolute Five Stars on customer service! Oscar even came to my house during the initial discussion to take drone pictures of my roof and then discussed the options to suit my requirement including removing old panels and maximising the system.

During the design discussion, Oscar and the design team provided many suggestions on how to optimise my system. I am also impressed with their ability to quote for an all-in-one job including removal of my old solar electric panels and solar hot water panels. They were also able to relocate an existing roof ventilation and TV antenna to ensure I can have optimum solar panels configuration.

The installation team was led by Xining Duan who was very courteous, professional and very tidy with his work. Although English was not Duan's first language, he was very patient at explaining the installation process to me and takes pride in the quality of his work. Five Stars to Duan too and great effort by the whole team he led that was very polite and efficient.

The job was done taking only one day to remove the old panels, relocate air ventilation and install panels on three aspects of my roof. The job was installed on the scheduled date within 3 weeks of deposit payment.

Overall

I don’t think I am the only one rating them very high. And YES, I will choose Banana again if I were to do it again.

16 Heath St Ryde NSW Review

The sales and quoting process happened very quickly with all 3 firm supplying a quote within a few days. We took our time to review them and also went back to all when one firm provided a 15kW system as an option given our roof size. The overall level of interest/engagement varied between the firms with only Banana actively contacting me/following up. They were the only one to request a site visit to verify and discuss the quote options after they submitted but before we decided which to go with.

Once signed, the time to install was less than a week, with the installers arriving a little after the set window of 7-9am. While the install was scheduled to only take 1 day, the time to remove existing pool solar heating and rain later that day pushed it over to the next day, with them returning late that afternoon to complete - I expect after another scheduled install.

During a post install follow up call by the sales person, I advised 2 actions were outstanding - removal from the property of the pool solar and submission of the meter change request to EnergyAustralia. They were done the same day.

Overall very satisfied with the install process.

Fantastic Installer

Terrific experience overall. Top quality installation and excellent follow up after the installation.

Knowledgeable, friendly and helpful

Very thorough design and quoting process. Oscar should be solar sales person of the year for his kind and friendly approach mixed with a through site assessment and design. The quote was also a bit cheaper than others - although it is difficult to compare exactly when each company offers a different mix of technology brands. Banana’s installation was quick and efficient. My neighbour commented on how quick it had been. The team were a bit later than the arrangement as parts they needed were unavailable at the nearest warehouse. My rooftop solar is definitely a solar power station! It’s generating more than I expected - even in the cloudy rainy weather we’ve been having. The package includes Solar Analytics so I’m able to monitor how much I’m generating and using. Banana certainly live up to their top reviews. They really are top bananas.

Great personalised service

Sales and installation service was great, definitely recommend Banana Solar to others. Sales service was excellent including site visit with drone measurement. Actual install wasn’t as great as I’d hoped with a difference in calculated number of panels quoted to actually installed due to actual roof size and taking longer than expected. However they were very responsive to my needs, including after hour calls. Also made up for slight install shortfalls with additional panels at greatly reduced price. Commissioning went very well and they took me through everything in detail.

Great Solar installation company

Comparing to the other quotes, BananaSolar gave us the greatest price for a great system. Explained everything that I didn't understand and were very patient and not pushy. They greatly reduced the price after having another look at our housing site, which pleased us very much and was the reason why we decided to finally get solar panels installed. A lot of info was given so didn't really need to ask much.

On the day of the installation, there were no problems and it was done very quickly. Then it was explained how to turn the system off and on, how to see the status of the solar panels, and what the things actually were. Everything was neat and cleaned up.

This is a great solar installation company. I have high hopes that if any problems do come up in the future, that i'd be able to speak to them

Thank you for helping me harness the power of the sun

Background: i am a science teacher that preaches green energy almost every day. We have a newly built home. i used another solar company to place conduits rough-ins before gyprocking, but never ended up using them to finish the installation due to lack of design input to the solar array.

I contacted 2 more solar conpanies, one of which was Banana Solar.

Consultation:

I contacted Boris before Christmas 2020. He understood my concerns and my future intentions of buying batteries, an electric car and a growing family.

Nicholas visited the site and looked at our roof, detailing any obstructions (vents, whirly birds, neighbouring trees etc) that may cause shadowing. He checked if i had spare roof tiles and took many notes of the site. He also answered my questions based on my energy bill and made suggestions accordingly.

Soon, i recieved an email from Boris with a 3D solar array design. This was good if your wife can only visualise things in 2D.

He also included a ROI calculations and quotes on 3 different packages that would suit me.

After Christmas i asked more questions, and he revised the solar array design to optimise its performance.

Decision making:

I decided to go with Trina solar panels 6.66kW + Fronius 5kw inverter + solar analytics monitoring.

We locked in an installation date for mid Jan.

Easy.

Installation day:

1 electrician and 1 roofer rocked 9 am, as scheduled, and the roofer climbed up and made a quick assessment. Both the electrician and roofer suggested another design to further optimise the system and confirmed with Boris. Everyone was happy. This team knows what they were doing, no auto-pilot here, and this is where Banana's expertise started to shine (no pun intended).

2pm, everything was done. Site was cleaned up and everything was running smoothly.

Final inspection:

Boris visited the site later in the day for final checks and showed me how to turn off the solar in case of emergency or fire. He showed me how to use solar analytics.

The team was very polite, respectful and professional from start to finish. They know their stuff and they do their job with care. After posting my experience on social media, a friend that i didnt know that worked in solar gave me the thumbs up. My wife now turns on the AC guilt free. I sit back on the couch looking at the solar analytics app knowing that out future will be bright.

I intend to install another system from them in the future when i buy an electric car.

Recommend.

Thank you, to the team at Banana Solar

Banana Solar were pretty good, no complaints

Banana Solar were pretty good, no complaints. They were responsive during the sales phase. The panels were installed within a matter of weeks. They helped me with the grid connection after the install.

Original Review on 11-05-2020:

Professional company with great service

Installation of the panels proceeded well and the installers were efficient and thorough. There was a problem with the pitch of our roof however so the installers needed to come back a second day to finalise the work. My only problem however was with the communication between Banana Solar and is about the problem the installers experienced at our house. There was no communication between the management at Banana and is about the installation being stopped and rescheduled. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Chris: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Beyond our expectations

Informative. Prompt. Professional

Banana Solar Pty Ltd were the only company (out of three) who physically reviewed the site and was able to provide genuine and informed advice particular to my circumstances. They did not hassle after the consultation (no regular texts and emails), and when I re-contacted them over 12 months later they had my info on file and were prompt in advising of new initiatives etc. The day of installation went very smoothly - courteous team, who cleaned up after installation - including removing the old panels and inverter. Follow up service included analysis and advice of best energy plan viz tariffs etc. Would highly recommend!

No.1 Banana Solar!

Boris and the sales team were really knowledgeable and as an electrician I could tell unlike other installers and quotes I had received of whom the sales team knew very little and couldn't answer many of my questions, as an Electrical Engineer Boris answered everything, and didn't BS - as they promote they don't.

Of several quotes I obtained, Banana Solar were one of few who actually came to my house, really listened to what I wanted and were happy to tailor a solar package which suited my family and our needs. They also check my roof with a drone for any shading etc so they could recommend the most appropriate set up. They provided me the largest 3 phase solar array (11.1kW) I could fit on my roof. Where as other installers just wanted to sell me the standard 6.6kW cookie cutter package.

As per Finn Peacocks book (which was great, and gave me everything I needed to know), I wanted the biggest system I could get, as in the future I see my family getting an electric vehicle, batteries etc and only using more and more power.

The installation team were very flexible and installed it in my half renovated house exactly where I wanted it. Completed it when it was convenient for me, were very courteous, and did it to a high standard.

It is now up and running with solar analytics so i can see everything I'm producing and using so can adjust our habits to ensure we reduce our carbon footprint as much as possible (and save heaps of $ in the process)

I couldn't recommend the Banana solar team and company as a whole more. By all means shop around but make sure Banana Solar are one of the companies you get to quote from.

Thanks again Banana Solar!

Efficient Professional Installer

Nicolas from Banana Solar made a thorough site visit including flying a drone over our house
and gave use more precise and useful information than we received from other companies.

The install team were very professional we are happy with how everything was installed
we have an old inner Sydney house and routing cables through the roof was a little difficult and
they handled this well and our system was running by 15:30.

They seem a busy small company but responses to email were quick.

Their price was competitive and very good value considering the quality of the install.

Highly recommend.

Best Service and Quality Install

Best Service and Quality Install overall i can not fault them

Fantastic sales person. Installer was okay.

Sales process was excellent.
The installation didn't go that well since some of or lights/powerpoints were not working because the switch was loose. It was rectified the next day.
Customer service was great. They helped with submitting the form for meter upgrade. Although they could have told us in advance so we can actually do it straight after installation.

The price was for 6.29kw system with solar analytics (lifetime subscription) and green catch power.

Bad Customer Service

At the start of the process, they were very helpful. Even had a site visit for a drone capture of the roof and they explained the installation plan quite well. To give them credit, it was an effective sales pitch.

Install day comes and that's when the problems show. A guy from their team arrived on time and was trying to explain to me what will be done and how they are planning to do it. Seems okay. After 30 minutes or so, the rest of the team arrived and it looked like they were starting work. They spent a couple of hours sitting around on our front porch and when noon came, they told me they need to cancel the job and can't do the install due to "too small timber support" on our roof structure.

It was okay that they canclelled the installation for whatevery reason they had but we haven't received our deposit back since and it's already been a week. Had made several attempts to get in touch with them through their online chat but they have been ignoring my messages. You can't do that with people's hard-earned money.

Hi Rod,

Firstly thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback both positive and negative.

As explained by our qualified and experienced installation team, your roof is not suitable for a solar installation at the moment because it has a very thin aluminium frame which means we can't safely attach the mounting system to the roof structure. As discussed over the phone and emails we are happy to help you find a suitable solution for the roof structure so the solar system can be safely installed.

The day after the installation we confirmed we will refund your deposit and your deposit has been refunded rapidly 5 business days after the installation day. 100% of all refunds we ever had to process have been made rapidly.

You had my phone number and the phone number of our Solar Consultant and you didn't call us back to follow up on your deposit refund on 07/12 and 08/12. Using the online chat is not the best way to follow up on a deposit refund when you have personal mobile phone numbers of our Solar Consultant and Manager.

The stars rating is your decision and we fully respect it but the 1 star rating for the system quality doesn't make sense as we were providing you with the very top of the range panels and inverters: Sunpower and Enphase. Same comment regarding customer service, you said you have been happy with our sales and design work. Our team feel this 1 stars rating is unfair to us for the work we have done. Finally regarding installation, putting safety first is very important and the fact that the existing roof structure is not suitable for solar installation is not our fault. Raising honestly safety concerns show that our installation team is well qualified and wise in the decision making process.

We apologize for any inconvenience and we stay at your disposal to help you as much as we can. Providing the best customer experience is our top priority, before, during, and after the installation.

Great customer service & easy installation

Quoting was top notch, gave on-site quote with some options and modelling images supplied, then patient and didn't push the sale as Covid-19 impacted purchase timeframe. Once ready, scheduled install, reviewed options and changed up to the day before install with no issues. Installed 5kw with optimisers on a warm day and had it running smoothly with monitoring setup as well, passing paperwork for connection to Energy Aus by the next morning for connection to grid.

Great service and quality

We got multiple quotes including other top rated installers in Sydney. We got the best presales service and explanation from Banana Solar and it was backed up by a quality install. We went with a Fronius inverter as it is the heart of a solar system and the quality Trina panels to bring it in within our budget. Thanks to Banana Solar for helping us to save even more with the electricity plan they recommend. Their team is great to deal with. Will happily recommend to my family and friends.