Banana Solar Reviews

About Banana Solar, Solar Installers

Banana Solar
Gold Partner
Banana Solar is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 40 627 412 122  ABN active since 10 Jul 2018 | Banana Solar Pty Ltd
ACN: 627 412 122  ACN active since 10 Jul 2018 | Banana Solar Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 328115C Banana Solar Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $5,000 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Banana Solar - Sit back and enjoy the sunshine.

Three reasons people choose to go with Banana Solar:

1. We have a high quality sales and design process, high quality products and five star customer service rating.

2. We monitor your system remotely after installation - your investment is safe with us.

3. We are locally based and 100% Australian owned.

Need help with your bills? We can help you choose the right energy plan to maximise your savings with time of use and feed in tariff analysis.

Banana Solar Solar Reviews

Banana Solar - 5 Stars

Couldn’t find a better bunch of guys, from the initial consultation with Oscar to a few emails with Perry to answer a list of questions that I had, they took the time to explain / respond to each question that I had, which was over 10 plus!

The scheduling of the installation was smooth, it actually got brought forward by a week, so no complaints about that.

The installation team, came on time, were very professional and neat. Took the time to explain things to me when I went out to get some fresh air! The team took pride in their work, and left the site very clean afterwards.

The follow-up the day later was good, they explained what will happen next, very simple with a few steps so no fault on the after sales / install that you might see with other tradesman / companies.

I would recommend these guys highly to any family member or friend that is looking for solar, it was a good recommendation by a colleague in the first place!

Excellent Customer Service, Excellent price and on time for installation

Excellent team from Quote to installation.
Everything work perfectly. and they are providing help on all part of the process including Plan and provider selection.
I highly recommend.
I am having difficulty getting the Fronius inverter communicating. Good initial help from Banana Solar but still waiting for installing electrician to arrange a visit to sort it out. Show additional information

Excellent service

The sales staff were very professional and informative and spent about an hour explaining the different options available to me.

Installation was delayed a couple of times due to rain but I was kept informed at all times regarding next proposed install date.

The actual installation went smoothly and I am very happy with the overall installation.

I would highly recommend Banana Solar.

Banana Solar

the site inspection & time taken to design the system was an excellent indicator of the quality of the total install.

Nothing was rushed & appropriate care / expertise demonstrated.

Solar made simple

If you lead a very busy lifestyle, then these are the guys you want to talk to.
Perry answered all my question and the installation went through without any issues.

Excellent service from start to finish

All phases of the project were very positive - from the quote, to installation and then organising the connection to the grid. Highly recommended. Show additional information

Superb Solar!!

Banana Solar was flexible, responsive and professional at every stage of the process. They accommodated changes I needed to make with the date of installation. The installers were professional, polite and consulted me before particular activities eg heritage requirements, turning electricity off etc. Every request for information or assistance from me or my energy supplier has been responded to in a timely manner. I feel that I have had personal attention. I would recommend Banana Solar highly to friends, relatives and other customers. Show additional information

Highly recommended

I had several quotes for a solar system, but decided on Banana Solar for their professional approach. Unlike other companies, Banana Solar visits your home and with their drone and the help of their computer software they will advise you on the best combination. Boris took plenty of time and was able to answer all my questions.The installation team finished the job in one day and were very efficient, polite and explained the whole process. Perry helped with the monitoring system, organised the paperwork with the electricity provider. Nothing but praise! Show additional information

Remarkable

Very impressive presentation by Oscar. Installation was professional done. The installer were polite and they clean the area before they leave the place. Perry and Boris are so nice to talk to professionally. They can explain your questions as thoroughly and honest as they can. They will walk you through the details even after the installation. Keep it up and make us, your customer happy. Definitely will refer you to my friends. Show additional information

Powerwall 2, Enphase and LG panels

Banana Solar had been recommended by a friend of mine. Boris from Banana Solar came over within a few days of me contacting them and looked at the property for about two hours. Constrained heritage site in the city, so not a trivial installation. Installation was carried out by experienced work crew in single day, with solar operational on first day. Battery installation was completed on a second visit. Overall very pleasant and professional experience. They clearly know what they are doing and are genuinely trying hard. Very clean installation. Show additional information

Successful installation completed

Knowledgeable staff providing quote, good installation team and acceptable price. Show additional information

Very good service

Very good service - professional, clear information and good advice on options Show additional information

Very happy, great installation team

Very happy because : 1) Boris has come to visit us, listen to our requirements and done a full technical inspection, 2) the installation team was very professional, very friendly, they didn't broke any tiles, and they answer clearly to our questions, 3) When the job was job they cleaned very well after themselves, they didn't leave any piece of papers or cardboard, nothing. The team has been following the smart meter installation by Energy Australia to make sure the system was fully ready. Show additional information

Job well done.100% satisfied

From start to finish Perry was extremely helpful and offered a lot of advice having great knowledge of the solar industry and the solar system.The install team were on time and completed the install in eight hours as suggested.On completion the team leader explained the working of the system and how to take advantage of peak output periods to gain a maxim return from the suns rays . I am extremely happy with the entire process and would totally recommend Banana Solar company to anyone because of the staff involved and the quality of the system.
Bob

Great experience, great product!

I believe I was their first Enphase iQ7+ micro-inverter client. The team (Boris and Perry) were keen and helpful to ensure everything went smoothly. When there were any minor hiccups, the team were always responsive and courteous with their follow up. The system analytics and monitoring tool is very useful. Thanks for a great overall experience, I am glad I made the switch to solar. I am looking forward to further reducing my carbon footprint and getting a reduction with my electricity bills (and so far I'm achieving that). Show additional information

Very good experience

Sales process was way ahead of the competition, Boris came out and spend time with me to discuss my options. Not pushy at all.
Installation was on time and went smoothly.
Customer service has been very good.

Great everything except for aftersales service

I may have contributed to the matter by switching the energy retailer before the solar installation was done - from AGL to Red Energy.
The day before installation, I was asked to change from previously selected and quoted Fronius Primo invertor to SMA. This last minute change caused stress that I could have done without. Further, the information sent after installation was for the incorrect invertor. FAIL
On site installation was done on 25.11.2019.
I sent emails on 25 & 28.11.2019 to a Director of Banana Solar regarding correct information and warranty for the invertor and calling energy retailer. No response received to date. FAIL
In summary, almost a month after installation, I am still not connected.

Hi James, thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. Things do get complicated when you change electricity retailer when getting solar installed. Regarding your inverter change, Fronius are experiencing supply issues at this time of year meaning we had a shipment delayed, which is why we offered you the SMA inverter with an extended warranty above the warranty provided by Fronius at our own expense as an apology. The incorrect inverter data sheet you received was part of our system automation based on your original Fronius inverter purchase - sorry about that. Also, we do our warranty registrations monthly so you will be receiving your warranty documentation soon. I did previously reply to you on the 25th about calling your energy retailer but I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with them and this is out of our control. We are always here to help our customers and I will follow up with you to help you through the process. Show additional information

Highly recommended!

We got our solar panel system from Banana Solar and have nothing but praise for their professionalism and efficiency. Their sales rep Faizan came to our home and spent time with us actually looking at our roof, garden and other aspects of the surrounds which could affect the operation of the panels so that we feel we now have the most efficient system possible. During our decision-making process, we contacted various members of their staff who responded promptly with the further information we needed.
The installation team arrived as scheduled and worked in a very professional, courteous and efficient manner. They left our home and garden as they found it. Within hours of the installation, we had been shown the app to monitor our solar production and the necessary paperwork had been sent to our electricity provider.

Great system - have recommend Banana to multiple friends

Quote process was easy - they did not have the drone running when we did the quotes but I am really not sure how much value it would have added. Boris was knowledgeable and easy to deal with. Looked at a few different options (including LG battery which was tempting), ended up with 15 x LG 345W panels with Enphase iQ7+ micrometers. I got a few quotes in and while Banana were not the cheapest they got pretty close and were much more engaged and responsive that the other suppliers.
Installation went well - friendly team and neat installations - could have sanded down some of the sharp edges on the aluminium extrusions.
System is working well - producing 25kwH on good days and so far has produce almost 2x what we use as a family of 4.

Great experience from enquiry to install

Sales/Quoting process was excellent. No pushy sales pitches. Boris did home visit and explained in a lot of detail compared to other vendors.

Installation was completed on time.
Services up and running quickly. Solar analytics is a great tool, definitely a plus

Installing 18th november

Sales person was truefull
Well informed
Not installed yet
Install to happen mid November

Great

Salesman was great. Information presented was informative and clear. Problems were easily overcome. Installation with Wade and team was great with no cracked tiles. System works beautifully. Took about two weeks after instal for energy company to start paying but that’s no reflection on solar quotes or banana solar, just an FYI Show additional information

Very professional Installers

During the sales quoting, the solar engineer made their time to come by home and provided a more accurate quote. There were minor details on the roof that would have interfered with the lay out the plan for the installation of the panels. But this was resolved with engineer being onsite and providing an accurate quote. The cost breakdown of the solar system and savings from the solar system was also explained very well.

The installation was also professional. The installers arrived in a timely manner and finished on day. They were very friendly and efficient. Highly recommended.

Gold star customer service & Fantastic Solar Installation

If we could give Banana Solar more stars, we would! Have not regretted our decision to upgrade our old 1.2 KW solar system to a new 5 KW system from Banana Solar (19 Trina Honey panels with Fronius Primo inverter), to take full advantage of an opportunity we had received through other channels, to get a discounted Tesla Powerwall 2 battery from Tesla. The cost as below is net after our NSW solar rebate.
We decided on Banana Solar after doing a lot of research on the Solar Quotes website and after reading all the great reviews for Banana Solar, despite it being such a new company. We also interviewed 2 other companies recommended by Solar Quotes but went with Banana Solar due to the quick, detailed and very personalised approach with a comprehensive home visit from friendly and knowledgeable Boris Cicero ( rather than the estimations provided by phone or email by the other solar quoters) who sent his drone up to get an accurate view of our roof area. He then downloaded drone photos into their program on his laptop to immediately give us costed options as to which panels and inverter to use and how many would fit on our roof, as well as indications of how sun direction over the year would impact our new solar installation.
A big part of the initial discussions was about how this new system would integrate with the new Tesla Powerwall 2 battery we had committed to buy and Boris went above and beyond, volunteering to liaise with Tesla on our behalf, to make the Tesla install and integration with the new solar system as smooth as possible. He was ( and is) amazing. We could not have asked for any more, particularly when we found that there were some issues generated by Tesla's internal procedures leading to a very delayed install of the battery, well after the magnificent solar system from Banana Solar was fully operational.
Boris also told us how their company would monitor the solar performance for a few months and then after analysis of our energy usage, they would recommend the best energy plan in our area to maximise our savings.
It did not take hubby and I long to decide to place our trust in Banana Solar.
Boris also recommended the add-on of a Solar Analytics energy monitoring system, to help us monitor our real time energy production, overall energy consumption and actual usage on certain appliances, so that we could immediately see how well the panels were performing and also where and when our energy usage was, so we could better manage our energy consumption and costs. I highly recommend this product as it has been invaluable for charting our energy usage and brings a smile to your face when you clearly see when solar power generstion is exceeding household consumption.
The last piece of the puzzle was the install and integration of our new (red Founders Edition!) Tesla Powerwall 2 which was completed this week at last ( no fault of Banana Solar) and today Boris was back again to tweak some settings on the Solar Analytics, to tidy up our powerboard and to liaise once again with Tesla, to ensure that not only the Banana Solar system was working perfectly but that the integration with the Tesla electrics was also 100%
We are ecstatic with the Trina Honey solar system which is performing beyond expectations ( and also looks pretty on our grey roof!) and are so happy to see the solar system now working hand in glove with the Tesla battery.
Thankyou Boris and Banana Solar and if you are looking for the gold standard in customer service plus a solar system that works, go no further than these guys! :-)

Outstanding service from beginning to end. Great price. Great system. Highly recommend.

It's now 3 months after the install and time for a well earned 5 star review. I can't recommend Banana highly enough.

My system performs like a dream (outperforming my high expectations and on current form payback will be under 2 years). They honestly care about doing a great job and for me they went above and beyond to keep me happy - even when my install proved to be very complicated and I could see how much more work it was for them ...they never once complained.

Perry and Oscar were wonderful to deal with. The rest of the install team did an amazing job too (my job was a tough one for them).

Here's the more detailed story if it helps you:

Solar. What I thought would be a fairly simple choice based on price and service proved to be a lot more complicated. Balancing all the options - micro inverters, panels, overclocking, panel direction and angle, self cleaning, analytics, price etc etc. I was scratching my head on several occasions wondering who was telling the truth and who was just upselling/overselling. Installing solar was not as simple as I thought. After a couple of quotes which made no sense (totally different systems at very different prices). There was a lot more contradictory opinions than I expected from several expert installers.

In the end I had a total of 6 'reputable' installers provide me quotes including my energy provider. The experience was surprisingly different with all six. Some provided estimates from online satellite pics. Some came to inspect.

I selected Banana Solar for a few reasons (from 6 competitors).

1. No hard sell, just seemingly honest advice, genuine care to do a good job. Oscar who visited was super helpful - spent a lot of time on site, and flew his little drone over to get all the angles covered. Talked me through things in a way I felt very comfortable.

2. Pricing was spot on where I think it should have been. (I had one quote for a hi-spec system that would have done the same for almost double and one was so low it was a joke!) They were able to explain and demystify some of the contradictory information and why some higher cost systems were a waste of money.

3. Of the six quotes their system was the most carefully designed and thoughtful. Good communications throughout.

4. Monitoring and analytics. They understood that its more than just solar - its how you use your electricity.

5. Excellent reviews from other customers on Google etc.

I won't go into all the details, but the system performs really well. I paid a bit more to have Solar Analytics in my package so I can see production and consumption on my phone and this almost makes as much difference as the solar in terms of savings. We were able to turn off some energy gobblers we never knew were even on and optimise when we use other things.

All up our usual $1200 quarterly energy bill will be down under $300 next time. Maybe even less.

Very happy! I wish them well and hope this review helps other home owners on their journey too.

Great installation

Presale was excellent with all my questions answered. The installation went smoothly and the team was very neat and tidy. Post sales has also been very good with a number of followups Show additional information

happy customer!

Whilst other companies wouldn't visit the site until we committed and paid a deposit, we had two visits from the Banana representative before we committed. On the first visit, actual details of the roof (it's construction, details of any aerials etc) were collected (visually and by using a drone) and proximity to neighboring buildings and trees were noted. This enabled a system to be designed and pricing alternatives provided. On the second, all our questions and concerns were resolved and we felt confident we had all the information we needed to make an informed decision as to the system that best suited us. And, importantly, all the while, we were not pressured by the sales person!
The installation took longer than anticipated, mostly due to the weather but there was also a delay because some incorrect components were delivered. The installers were high quality technicians and, as a bonus, were also tidy and polite.

Quality installer

Oscar was amazing with the amount of knowledge he had about solar systems and installation.
He went through all our options and didn't push us to buy the most expensive system.
Graphing details and expected saving was great to be able to see on the laptop
The installers were very punctual and polite and tidy ,kept me up to date with there progress

Great company,

very professional, easy to talk to with un bias recommendations. the installation crew where tidy and very quick Show additional information

Excellent Experience

Great experience from start to finish. Site inspection was excellent and highlighted an issue with my TV Ariel that other companies quoting had missed. The installation team arrived on time and did a great job with no mess. The Banana Solar post sales follow up has been great as well Show additional information

The initial in-house consultation was what determined us to go with Banana Solar. Use of a drone to capture the roof space instead of relying on Google Maps made it reassuring what would be planned and quoted would be accurate and able to install. Installation date arrived and installation occurred with no issues (bonus = no crack tiles!) and ran through instructions on how to monitor power generation real-time via web/app. Entire process was professional. Thanks Banana Solar. Show additional information

Brilliant from start to finish

Banana Solar were the first to respond to quote. Their salesman was punctual, gave us three options, explained the pros and cons of each option and we received an email quote the same day.
Once we accepted ( the dearest option) , within 24 hours we were given an installation date ( some 10 days away). Prior to the installation day we received a confirmation from Banana Solar as well as a text from the installer advising a time he would be on site.
The installation went smoothly with the installer reviewing the plan and altering the layout to maximize the solar benefit.
Both installers were polite professional and quick.
We were most impressed, after the installation Banana Solar sent detailed documentation of the product, it’s service requirements etc.
I then received a phone call and they went through each document to ensure I understood them.
They are truly professional.

Couldn't fault them in any way!

We found Banana Solar to be professional at every point in the process. Thorough quoting process, fantastic customer service, happy to answer any (and every) questions, professional installation and organised paperwork for connection to the grid. Kept us informed every step of the way. Would be very happy to recommend them to anyone. Show additional information

Gone Solar At Last

We are very happy with Banana Solar. They were very professional and attentive. Show additional information
very quick and professional
the sales and installation was punctual and the company was very organised.

Number one

This company is brilliant. They give you what you need. From day one they were on time, polite, informative, etc. they came out and looked to see what my roof was like, not just using google maps to guess.
They were upfront about costs and timing. The installation boys were perfect and very polite. Everything was explained throughout the process. They even checked my mums solar panels and gave them a clean to make sure her system was running efficiently.
Highly recommend banana solar.

Very happy with Banana Solar

Detailed quote explaining complex details but clearly for a novice to understand. Quick waiting time to install. Friendly installers who left the driveway and site very clean. Show additional information

Give these guys a go!

We compared numerous installers before taking the plunge with Banana Solar. Unlike many others, they attended in person to assess the roof (sounds fundamental... but you'd be surprised!). Moreover, in addition to the standard 10 year installation warranty, they also included a 5-year 'Total System Warranty', covering any product faults, warranty claims and replacement costs, should they arise.

Ultimately, this promised peace of mind (coupled with their design expertise, and knowledge of Solar Analytics) is what got us across the line. It has already proved valuable, with Boris even returning on his weekend to make an adjustment!

Definitely give Banana Solar a go!

Professional, well informed, good sales process

The Banana Solar guys are professional and knowledgeable and deal in quality solar systems. Boris the pre-sales engineer spent a long time designing my system, with lots of emails back and forth, answering my questions. I chose these guys through a combination of competitive pricing and good quality components and design. Show additional information

Thorough and responsive

This was the only company of 4 quotes who took time to fly a drone and show me exactly where the panels would fit. I was impressed with the tech and the software used to calculate savings. Banana took the time to video call and answer questions after initial quote and made a return visit after install to talk us through. I am using the Solar analytics app which is great for helping our behavior change.
I would recommend this company to friends and family.

Very happy with explanation, installation and service

I would recommend Banana Solar. They came to our home and explained their system, they turned up when they said they would and the installation was a breeze, with a further explanation at the end of the installation. Show additional information

Great Service

Oscar and Perry worked hard to install solar for my dad - sat down and worked out usage, bills to optimise the array size, then used a drone to accurately map the (complex) roof. Banana were great in orientating a complex east/west orientation and gave options like solar analytics and solar diversion which are awesome in maximising self-production/usage. They were also helpful in navigating which retailer were best for my parents to be on for FIT and their usage patterns

Great service, communication was very thorough and we're really happy with the system! Only issue was there was a mix up with the install with the incorrect inverter size, but they recognised the mistake quickly and rectified the issue within a week

Quite impressive service.

Great bunch of blokes to do business with. Installation went very smoothly too. Show additional information

Extremely Happy

I could not fault any part of the entire process .... every facet from the initial contact, site inspection, quotation, prompt response to my many queries, though to installation and then the after sales contact & service have been above expectations. Show additional information

ONE HAPPY CUSTOMER

The Banana Solar experience was great. Everyone from Oscar to Perry were very helpful. The installer crew were efficient and tidy. Highly recommended installer. Show additional information

Very happy. Minimum fuss for a great system.

All the staff were extremely polite, helpful, proactive and knowledgeable. The whole process ended up being very hassle-free, and they used all the latest gadgets and modern software to design the best system for our awkward roof. Very happy with the final outcome and the entire process to get there. Show additional information

Excellent Solar Company

Banana Solar were fantastic from start to finish. They came to my house and sat with me for an hour explaining how everything would work and ran through numerous scenarios with different panels, inverters and finance options. The customer service was the best I've seen. Show additional information

Very happy

Very happy with first introduction with Banana Solar working through what is required Installation was done very well and I was given a good rundown of how it works. From Perry first phone call, then Oscar coming to my home explaining different options very well, to Boris who came on Sunday to finalize the settings, I am really happy. Show additional information

Great service.

The quoting service was excellent. Boris arrived on time and spent a lot of time explaining in plain English how the system worked as well as the options we had for each part of the system. The drone photos and computer simulation of system output were impressive and have I think so far been quite accurate. The installation team arrived on time on both days and were (in spite of experiencing some difficulties due to the age of our roof), polite and kept us informed about what was happening. After installation they contacted us to make sure things were in place and came out to show us how to use the monitoring system we had installed as well as walk through shut down and restarting of the system. They initiated the change of meter and the power company then arranged with us when they would come out. Show additional information