Banana Solar Reviews

About Banana Solar, Solar Installers

Banana Solar
Silver Partner
Banana Solar is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)

Banana Solar - Sit back and enjoy the sunshine.

Three reasons people choose to go with Banana Solar:

1. We have a high quality sales and design process, high quality products and five star customer service rating.

2. We monitor your system remotely after installation - your investment is safe with us.

3. We are locally based and 100% Australian owned.

Need help with your bills? We can help you choose the right energy plan to maximise your savings with time of use and feed in tariff analysis.

Banana Solar Solar Reviews

EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE & INSTALLATION

Banana Solar was the only company who made the time & effort to visit the property and with the most advanced technology and software analysed the property and my power bill to design / spec the perfect system.

Quoting process and design was seamless. Thorough explanation and always willing to answer all my questions and concerns.

As I am an Electrical Contractor I was very particular on the installation which was also executed to my satisfaction and specifications by the installation team. The installation manager Allan attended site to discuss my requirements and the team was very particular in completing to a high standard.

The follow up service was also to a high standard to set up Solar Analytics and Fronius monitoring, with detailed explanations.

The only company who also reviews your system performance as well as power bills after the installation is completed to continue saving you on your power expenses.

Perry & Borris are very knowledgeable and it was a pleasure to deal with, looking forward to a long lasting relationship. No hesitation in recommending Banana Solar, keep up the great work!!

The quoting process was very good. Boris came to the house and used a drone to accurately spec up the quote. He was very helpful with all the questions I had later while deciding.
The installers were also very good and did it all in one day.
While they weren't the cheapest, they certainly gave excellent pre and after sales service, from the whole team and I feel confident that they'll be happy to help if I run into any issues later on.

Brilliant Customer Service

These guys work well as a team delivering outstanding customer service. They take all the worries out of installing solar and are with you every step of the way. Boris was outstanding in helping us through the journey. Allan and the installation team worked through very trying circumstances to deliver a great outcome and everything was well managed by Perry.

I have no hesitation in recommending Banana Solar. They deliver what they promise.

Professional Service , Excellent Value for a Quality System

The whole process was easy and professionally done.
The ONLY company to do an ONSITE VISIT to assess our roof, explain all the issues honestly and design a system to match our needs.
Boris is a qualified solar engineer and extremely helpful and honest.
The installation was done on time and by professionals.
Follow up home visits to set up monitoring and check system installation and function were done by a professional.
If you want professional service and quality at a great price, I strongly recommend Banana Solar.

Extremely impressive & knowledgeable understanding of solar products. Quotation process was relaxed, informative and flexible. Installation was prompt and professional.

Banana Solar provides outstanding quality service at every step of the process. Every question is answered thoroughly and follow-up is polite, prompt and professional. Great to work with such a professional operation. Show additional information

AHEAD OF ALL OTHERS

Prior to going with Banana Solar it was clear from user feed back on various sites that the industry left some customers with poor designs, shoddy installs, no recourse to support, no communication, and generally on their own after paying the installer. Together with the Solar Quotes guide and my perception of the business I soon discovered with quotes from 5 prior companies that the consumer was placed in a one sided journey to potential disappointment.
My contact with Perry, and on site visits from Boris it was clear they were up front about their intentions to make the project succeed, and backed this up with the kind of technical interactions which gave their approach immediate credibility and instilled confidence. The installation was completed quickly, albeit with a few minor irritations which were immediately rectified and supported throughout by excellent communication with Perry.

I endorse the prior comments submitted by earlier Banana Solar users as these mostly mirror my own experiences, and recommend intending solar adopters put Banana Solar on top of their choice of preferred solar installer.
Customer service great Show additional information

Great in ensuring the right outcome for customer

I had a very good experience with Banana Solar. Key differentiator was these guys care about their customers getting what they paid for and they go above and beyond to ensure that outcome.

Example 1: I had issues with my energy provider finding excuses to not upgrade my smart meter (which was not Banana Solar’s fault). Banana Solar could have said “sorry – not my responsibility” but instead they worked very hard to find a solution and thanks to their network they got the job done.

Example 2: My solar installation has been working well for the past 3 months and technically Banana Solar’s job is done. But they still give me a call once in a while to ensure everything is fine, asking questions about my energy consumption to find new ways to lower my bill. That’s to me is excellent customer service.

I also appreciated the time Boris spent to come to my house several times and explain very thoroughly (and patiently) about the solar panels solution. This was really a standout compared to other installers who were only prepared to invest 5min over the phone.

Keep up to good work Banana Solar!

Very positive experience with Banana Solar. Boris was excellent in explaining and supporting us. Professional team, high quality communication and reliable team. Show additional information

Excellent service

Excellent service. Good installation team. Very good attitude, easy to talk and deal with. The solar system is performing as expected. Show additional information
Excellent and immediate response from the Banana Solar staff & the installers on any queries I have.
Banana Solar staff came all the way to my house to help set-up & show me how to monitoring solar power generated & usage on iSolarCloud
Installers went way out to get the job done
I was very impressed with Banana Solar on a number of fronts:
1. Communications: Very quick to respond to the initial enguiry and any further questions I had
2. System design: To determine the right sized system, they came to the house and used a drone to measure the roof, then some software to determine the panel layout. This was compared to some other quotes I received that had obviously only looked at Google Earth and were specifying too many/too few panels.
3. The software used to determine the generation and potential savings and Boris spent a lot of time talking through the options
4. Installation: was carried out by a third party contractor, but Perry was there at the beginning to make sure everything was going smoothly
5. Post-installation: follow up has been thorough as well
6. Price: last but not least, the price was very appealing
Highly recommended
Two companies came to house for quotation. Others did quote on-line. I chose Banana as they came to site prepared with presentation and computer simulation of energy saving. Other company representative was 25 minutes late. I wanted a good quality system, not the cheapest. Show additional information
Following the guidelines from Choice Magazine, Banana Solar was the only company that could answer the questions recommended by Choice. They have an office in Sydney and their solar suppliers also have offices in Sydney. This was the only company that guaranteed long term customer support. This was the only company that came out to have a technical inspection of our house before quoting. I was given a choice of three systems, once I had made my choice and an agreed upon date of installation was given. On the day, very pleasant installers arrived by 7.30am and they finished the job by 12.15pm . Without cost, they also removed an old and failed solar system from our roof. Once our meter was upgraded, we had another meeting with Boris to set up the monitoring system on our home and to give us advice on how to optimise our savings and usage. I have recommended this company to my friends and have no hesitation in giving them the highest rating. Show additional information
Boris has great knowledge of the Solar Market and was able to provide us with great advice and information to help us choose the best system for our property. Show additional information
Excellent service because Banana Solar sent solar experts (Boris and Raymond) to our home. We have got a good deal "quality/price". The installation was quick and efficient. The installing team was helpful and worked well. After the installation, Boris came back to meet us, to set up the smart monitoring system and he also helped us to improve our energy plan in order to optimize savings. Show additional information
It is the best decision I have ever taken over the last 10 years. I recommend Banana Solar to everyone in Australia. Show additional information
Perry was very helpful during the entire process from quote to installation, answered our many questions quickly and honestly, Great to deal with. Show additional information
Prompt and reliable with quotes and service. Great team on the ground too. Show additional information
Perry at Banana Solar and his team were extremely helpful in answering all of our questions The service at Banana Solar was prompt and extremely efficient offering us great value for money with an exceptional quality product delivered on time. Thank you Banana Solar we would highly recommend Perry and the team to anyone thinking of installing solar. Show additional information
Thoroughly recommend Banana Solar. I was initially hesitant in signing with these guys given it was such a newly formed company but the entire experience has been very positive.
Competitive pricing for a quality system, prompt clear communication, short wait for on time installation, pride in their installation and electrical work performed with attention to detail to provide the most aesthetically pleasing result. Attentive after sales service and follow up information.
Banana Solar were the only company I contacted who did not try and do the hard sell. They made the effort to come to our home and scope the works required and discuss the system proposed and the alternatives.

The installation was seamless and they delivered on time.

They have been very helpful throughout the process and I would recommend them to anyone considering a solar system.
I highly recommend Banana Solar to anyone thinking about installing solar.

My Solar Journey began some 4 years ago. After over 10 companies visiting my house through these years, many looked at my Terracotta tiled 30 degree roof and ran away, all too hard and too difficult. I had even signed Contracts with three of these companies that claimed they did Cathedral roofs, again only to be disappointed by their specialists installation teams running away.

Then I came across Banana Solar, these guys were committed, professional and ready to face the challenge. Even after going through my rigorous questioning (as I am an electrical engineer), having their installation team inspect the roof pitch, signing up the contract, Banana Solar finally installed the system on my roof.

I found the guys at Banana Solar very knowledgeable. They understand the importance of selecting quality components and installing them with quality standards. This ensures that minimal or no warranty claims occur. Banana Solar use their own installation team to maintain this high standard of install, where others Solar Suppliers subcontract their installation resulting in reworks and eventually closing their doors. As a client, I prefer a good installation of quality items so that the system doesn't need to be repaired and I don't loose on any electricity production resulting in loss of revenue from my feeds into the grid. Banana Solar also include in their packages a predictive Solar System Analysis tool that helps ensure you maximise your return on investment by alerting you to faults and low performance from the system.

I was very impressed with their quality of installation and their principles, no corners were cut and they refused to. In fact they surprised me by their insistence in meeting their own high quality standards during installation.

Banana Solar's during & after sales service is also timely and of high quality. Continue the great work Banana Solar.

I highly recommend Banana Solar to anyone wanting to install a Solar System on their roof.
Perry from Banana Solar has always been helpful and great to deal with!. Quick to respond to our concerns and make us fell confident in our new solar system, for a new company they are starting off very well! :) Show additional information
Initially I was a little overwhelmed getting solar. There are so many companies and so many options (panel type, inverter type, number of panels, etc.). However, I am glad to have gone with Banana Solar. I had cheaper quotes (some seemed too good to be true) from other companies but Perry @ Banana Solar proved to me why it is worth paying a little extra to get a quality product & service as solar is a long term investment. The install was seamless and the after sales service from Banana Solar is great (they are frequently checking in to make sure everything is working as expected). I can see my savings everyday using the Solar Analytics device that was recommended. Linda. Show additional information