Banana Solar Reviews

About Banana Solar, Solar Installers

Banana Solar
Platinum Partner
Banana Solar is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 40 627 412 122  ABN active since 10 Jul 2018 | Banana Solar Pty Ltd
ACN: 627 412 122  ACN active since 10 Jul 2018 | Banana Solar Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 328115C Banana Solar Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $5,000 - $11,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Banana Solar - Sit back and enjoy the sunshine.

Three reasons people choose to go with Banana Solar:

1. We have a high quality sales and design process, high quality products and five star customer service rating.

2. We monitor your system remotely after installation - your investment is safe with us.

3. We are locally based and 100% Australian owned.

Need help with your bills? We can help you choose the right energy plan to maximise your savings with time of use and feed in tariff analysis.

Banana Solar Solar Reviews

Excellent Outcome

From the first inspection throughout our installation the Banana Solar team were calm, courteous, thorough and showed a very high standard of professionalism. We encountered some issues with our old terrace house here in Darlinghurst which required extra knowledge and information to be sourced by the team and they proceeded logically to a very satisfactory outcome.

Pricing was extremely competitive and quoting and billing was detailed, clear and responsive.

We now have a top of the line system installed and are very pleased with the outcome.
I would be very happy to recommend Banan Solar to anyone.

Superior Service, Professional Finished Product

The sales process was quiet detailed, beginning with an actual site visit, and a full rundown on what I wanted (and why). Since I had mostly research this to death, this was mostly about how to maximise the build with the roof I had. The drone photos, which they kindly provided to me as well, helped a great deal in this regard. This was an upgrade build so the grid and retailer side was much less of an issue.

Between quote and offer acceptance, I had many, many questions. The staff managed to answer all of them, except for the more esoteric ones like self load figures, and reaction times under black out.

After Acceptance, we were provided with an install date (four weeks away). in the last days, we were contacted and aske dif we minded a date change, which we accepted, and then another which we also agreed to. The finalinstall date was three days after the intial planned date.

The installation was, in the end, even more complex that I expected. Despite putting in a 14 hour day, they were only able to decom the old array and get all 30 new panels up and wired in. Not a bad effort , but by then it was too late to test and commission. It took another visit to get the panels fully commissioned and two more to finish wiring in the big battery.

The final result as (as per photo) an professional look. while the amount of cabling looks excessive, its all neat, fully sealed and conduited.

And now the less rosy

If, like me, you plan on getting a battery, and you need to split the board to have some things not backed up by the battery, make sure you have this disussion as early as possible. Its a non-trival design effort and ideally should be ready before the install starts.

To be fair, you do need to have a fair grasp of the relative loads and impacts, and it turned out that I was not as clued up on this as I needed to be

Great price

The quote process was easy.
Salesperson come out and physically check the roof space
Installer was friendly
Sales support advised all the upfront process

Happy with banana solar

We are satisfied with the product and services provided by Banana Solar. Happy to recommend to anyone. Show additional information

Satisfied Customer

Site visit was comprehensive. Salesperson happy to spend time answering questions and providing timelines for install.

Installers arrived on the day ready to go. Our house provided some challenges re: running conduit to powerbox but installers spent time explaining options. Finished conduit neat and tidy.

Slight glitch re: completing install (install required 2-days) - turned up earlier on second day (which is a good thing) - almost caught me in mmy PJs.

We are connected to the grid, recieving feed-in tariff since the 9/5.

Happy customers.

Professional company with great service

Installation of the panels proceeded well and the installers were efficient and thorough. There was a problem with the pitch of our roof however so the installers needed to come back a second day to finalise the work. My only problem however was with the communication between Banana Solar and is about the problem the installers experienced at our house. There was no communication between the management at Banana and is about the installation being stopped and rescheduled. Show additional information

I had a great experience with Banana Solar

They were very responsive and easy to contact via email and phone and via web conferencing due to COVID 19. They underwent a detailed review of the site via both satellite photos and drone and used sophisticated software to design for optimal performance given roof and shading conditions. They provided detailed explanations and answered all questions. They were happy to model different panel and optimiser / inverter options to get to best performance and pay back period. Installers were quick and neat. Perry attended the site to inspect and to hand over system. It's been running 3 days now and has performed to expectations and so far so good Show additional information

Great experience from start to finish

Boris designed and priced the solution within minutes, and answered all of my questions honestly. There was no pressure to proceed at anytime. It was a complicated install but their team had it all up and running perfectly within a day. They arrived on time, all were polite and they looked after the premises. Perry provided great support during and after the process, including organising our grid connection. Would definitely recommend the entire team. Show additional information

Straight forward installation

Great to deal with, including a video call to design the panel layout. Competitive on price, as well as fast responses and a smooth installation Show additional information

Funny Name, Great to work with, highly recommend Banana Solar

The Banana Solar team was highly professional and great to work with.

Boris came to our house for the initial onsite inspection and consultation and flew his drone over the roof to map the contours. Our roof has quite a steep pitch so it was really good to deal with Boris who is an electrical engineer who took the time to answer my many questions on the system and installation process.

The installation team was fantastic completing the job in a day without any dramas.

The after sales service has been really good too.

I would highly recommend Banana Solar to anyone looking to instal solar PV on their roof. Overall very happy with the process and look forward to working with Banana Solar when it is time to add a battery to the system.

Super impressed, highly recommend

Sales/quoting process: Excellent. Boris came out and did a really thorough quoting process, covered everything so I had confidence the installation would be easy. The best quoting process of the installation companies that I had recommended - and so thorough that I knew exactly what it would cost, where the panels would be, what the likely outcomes would be -> and as a result the installation went very smoothly.

Installation: Excellent, arrived on time, did everything with social distancing (by this time, COVID had arrived), very efficient, put panels on in less than one day everything was done and set-up to my wifi. Everything clean afterwards.

Customer service: Excellent and helpful. Had a list of everything that needed to be done - they had done most of it, I clearly knew what I needed to do. Also helped me to pick a plan that would give maximum return for solar system which is very useful and saves you having to do your own research on this.

Am loving generating my own electricity! Would use Banana Solar again in a heartbeat if I ever needed Solar Panels in the future..

Sorry I didn't think to take any photos, but every time I am in the backyard, I look up at my solar panels working hard with pride (I've lived in units for the last 15 years so no option for solar power)

All good and smooth at best value for money

All good from A to Z. Easy communication. Perfect organisation. Smooth installation. Could not have been better. Very happy Show additional information

Great Installation

I was referred to Banana Solar by a friend who had used them and was happy with their work. They also had good reviews on Solar Quotes. Their quotes were competitive, but certainly not cheapest, however they were the only company that bothered to visit my house and spend time planning out the system, which gave me confidence at the outset.

I found the pre-sales service to be exceptional. In particular Boris came to my place, spent a significant amount of time explaining things and planning out the system. He flew a drone over my roof to take some photos and then used software to analyse the solar shading on my roof to determine the ideal location for the panels. He followed up any questions in a responsive manner and was always happy to assist.

I ended up getting a 22 panel, 7Kw system with. Fronius string inverter and DC optimisers on all panels with panel level monitoring. I went with QCells panels which have a 25 year warranty.

Duan and the installation team worked hard and did a very nice job installing the system. Unfortunately a few visits were required to complete the installation due to some parts being unavailable and temporary components needing to be used. They were punctual and did a reasonably good job in cleaning up the mess. The installation took longer than expected and they had to work until about 7pm to get the system up and running.

We did get the installation completed eventually, however I did find that I had to chase up the Banana Team quite a few times to schedule the repeat visits, which I did find quite frustrating given that I work full time and had to coordinate my work schedule to allow me to be home. Unfortunately the responsiveness post installation wasn't as efficient as their pre-sales service.

Notwithstanding the above, I'm very happy with the performance so far. The Solar Analytics system is fantastic to show production vs consumption - a must.

Banana did contact my energy company to arrange for my meter to be upgraded and also helped me work through which energy plan would give me the fastest payback.

Overall I'm very happy with Banana Solar and wouldn't hesitate in recommending them in the future.

Excelled at every stage

Banana Solar came highly recommended & I can see why. The quoting process was clearly the best of the 3 I obtained - unlike the others Oscar actually check the roof sizing and any shading issues which meant that the design was also the best - maximising the number of panels I could fit on a small roof. The panels were tier 1 - LG with micro inverters & they still managed to have the best value quote.

Only a short lead time to installation, and the installers were good - did a neat job, didn't make a mess of the place & no dramas. The panels were a tight fit, but having everything measured from the start meant it all came together well.

Perry has been helping sort out the paperwork, monitoring and grid connection. I couldn't be happier

Banana Solar are a lovely company to work with

Boris was very helpful from the outset, answering all our questions about the system and the process of installation and grid connection.

The installation team were wonderful, punctual and friendly and with two people in the house working from home on installation day, they communicated anticipated times we would be without power which wasn't long at all. Boris and the installation team explained in person how to monitor our solar generation using the Sunny Portal app and to shut off the system if required.

Customer service with Banana Solar has been great, I received a call the day after install to go through the process of grid connection and to ensure we understood the information provided at installation and if I had any further questions. We also had multiple follow ups with Boris and Perry with the later installation of bird mesh, there was a delay with this but it was completely out of their control, they remained open with us about the delay and it was no problem.

Great Personal Service

Great service and Boris was very knowledgeable. It was good to talk to someone who was an electrical engineer rather than simply a sales guy. He knew his stuff. Show additional information

Great Service and System!

After putting off solar for a year, I decided to get some quotes again and Banana Solar were excellent throughout the whole process.

1. The sales process was done very professionally with an onsite inspection and consultation. It was not rushed with time and care taken to go through any questions and options.
2. The installation was completed a lot earlier than expected due to the current situation which was great.
3. Great customer service and follow up after the installation and the paperwork completed for the installation of the smart meter.
4. The Solar Analytics app is quite useful to look at the data and also see the production and how best to consume the solar.
5. Overall quite happy with the system and looking forward to the savings.

Awesome experience with Banana Solar

The whole experience with Banana Solar was a breeze.

The sales process was significantly quicker, and more professional and personal than I experienced with other providers where I sought a quote, and they were certainly less pushy. They gave me a number of options, explained the advantages and disadvantages of each for my particular circumstance and didn’t push any particular product or add-on.

Once I agreed to proceed, they organised installation around a very short deadline I had before travelling.

The installers were punctual and very professional. You’d never have known they had been there once completed other than some great panels on my roof.

The whole system was explained to me with the grid connection and monitoring set up and explained to me before they left.

Since purchasing, I’ve had one call to customer support on an issue that ended up not being related to the system but was resolved in an effective and friendly way.

I would certainly recommend Banana Solar for anyone looking to install solar at their property. I get fully informed throughout the process which was particularly important due to my lack of knowledge about the process. They seemed to really care about that and it was very much appreciated.

Highly recommended

Sales and quoting process was highly personalised and tailored to my needs. Installation, troubleshooting and further access has been great Show additional information

Party of Three

Having taken the plunge to do a major renovation the team from Banana Solar worked with us and our builder through concept design and installation. The moment you have more than two parties involved things always have the potential to get more complex. Banana Solar rose to the challenge and integrated with our family and the builder in a most professional manner easing our concerns about the process. Banana Solar undertook all the consulting with the power company and the Director was checking in with us personally to confirm everything was alright after the install. My only regret is that we do not have a bigger roof! Show additional information

Easy to work with

I have been dealing with Perry all the time who has been very helpful. He is very quick with all my email responses. We have issue with the fuse at the meter box and Perry managed to engage an level 2 electrician for me. The installation was nicely done and the crew were punctual.
Banana has submitted all the paper work for me so I can just sit back and wait for the meter guy to come to upgrade my basic meter to smart meter.

Happy customer. Professional, reliable service.

We began this quote with Banana Solar with little knowledge about what we were looking for in solar power. Oscar was our consultant who was so well informed and passionate about the company’s product. He was so patient and informative and following the quote it was never a problem for him to answer our queries.

We arranged for other quotes, two who did not turn up and another, who was at first somewhat cheaper but only quoted using text messages - from the beginning we knew our initial confidence in the quote given was part of what made us go with Banana Solar.

Installation was completed easily and the installers cleaned up well after the job was complete.

Following completion of the job a representative from Banana Solar was on site to check on the job completion and another representative made contact by phone to go through relevant information. A few weeks later follow up was made by a representative.

I would highly recommend Banana Solar and have complete confidence in the company and their product.

Professional installation

Banana solar spent the time to really investigate our situation to plan and propose the best system for our roof. Even though the installation was complex, they completed ahead of schedule. We’re very happy with the system and their service. Show additional information

Simple and effective

Technically advanced quotes and procurement process followed up great installation Show additional information

Very happy. Minimum fuss for a great system.

All the staff were extremely polite, helpful, proactive and knowledgeable. The whole process ended up being very hassle-free, and they used all the latest gadgets and modern software to design the best system for our awkward roof. Very happy with the final outcome and the entire process to get there. Show additional information

Great installer, easy to deal with an extremely reliable

I found the entire process to be seamless.

During quoting I was provided with detailed information, comparisons of ROI's and detailed diagrams. What really impressed me was the use of technology to manage every step of the process and the really detailed information I got out of it.

After confirmation, they booked me in for a installation date. Their installers arrived exactly when they were supposed to (extremely reliable), they provided additional tiles in case anything was broken (nothing was), and they finished up and cleaned up everything on the day.

After installation, I got a lot of clear communication through emails and telephone calls to explain to me the next steps and how to use the monitoring applications.

All in all a very seamless professional experience

Very happy

We are really happy with our solar installation job by Banana Solar. Boris was very easy to deal with and the installation was done on time. I would recommend to anyone. Show additional information

Excellent customer service and installation

From pre-sales to installation Banana Solar where very professional and accommodating. They were the only company willing to come out and meet to talk through everything. They also assisted in every step once I had decided to go with them which included submitting the application for a solar meter with the electricity company. The installation was also very professional flexible. They arrived on time and completed the job in one day. When asked they also were able to hide any ducting in the house cavity rather than having ducting running along walls.

Overall very impressed and happy that I chose Banana Solar. Would recommend them to anyone that asks.

Beautiful Banana Solar

Banana Solar were accommodating at every point - me wanting to change dates, providing information in a way I could understand, not complaining about the difficult access (inner city Sydney), helping me with the paperwork for my energy company etc. The tradespeople installers were very professional and deferential and checked everything with me beforehand. The panels themselves are quite unobtrusive and look very elegant. I'm very happy with the service from Banana Solar. Show additional information

Very happy customer

Really happy with the banana solar team. They designed a system to meet my needs and give good value for money. The tariff review service where they recommended an energy plan based on my energy use was a real bonus as i didn't need to worry about doing any research to pick the right plan. They also offer this as an ongoing service. Show additional information

Well-planned install

It was a good plan and they did a virtual layout to show how everything would look. Answered all my questions well and that's why I ended up going with them. They did follow up calls after the install to make sure everything was ok and the system performed exceeding the estimates. Half a year has passed now and I'm pretty happy with the results and the generation we have. Show additional information

Professional, well informed, good sales process

The Banana Solar guys are professional and knowledgeable and deal in quality solar systems. Boris the pre-sales engineer spent a long time designing my system, with lots of emails back and forth, answering my questions. I chose these guys through a combination of competitive pricing and good quality components and design. Show additional information

Very Professional Organization

From start to finish I found Banana Solar to be extremely professional in that they were helpful, thorough and patient in all interactions as far as the bookings, info on software and finally the installation itself went. Polite follow ups and further discussions on battery installations were timely and informative.
Very very happy to recommend them.

Very happy with the customer service and quality of the solar system

From when I first made contact with Banana Solar, till the system was installed. I was professionally kept updated all the way. Show additional information

Excellent Service & very high quality installation

the whole consultation and installation process very smooth and efficient;
great system designs including the integration of EV charger, hot water systems etc;
professional and high-quality installation services and very friendly and hard-working installers;

Very pleased with everything

From the first the company was professional and made everything clear
They used a small drone to measure the roof which gave a clearer view
The quote was competitive, the installation was carried out within a day and the post sales have been good

Solar installation

Consultant was very professional and helpful, and post- installation service was excellent. Show additional information

Banana Solar - 5 Stars

Couldn’t find a better bunch of guys, from the initial consultation with Oscar to a few emails with Perry to answer a list of questions that I had, they took the time to explain / respond to each question that I had, which was over 10 plus!

The scheduling of the installation was smooth, it actually got brought forward by a week, so no complaints about that.

The installation team, came on time, were very professional and neat. Took the time to explain things to me when I went out to get some fresh air! The team took pride in their work, and left the site very clean afterwards.

The follow-up the day later was good, they explained what will happen next, very simple with a few steps so no fault on the after sales / install that you might see with other tradesman / companies.

I would recommend these guys highly to any family member or friend that is looking for solar, it was a good recommendation by a colleague in the first place!

Excellent Customer Service, Excellent price and on time for installation

Excellent team from Quote to installation.
Everything work perfectly. and they are providing help on all part of the process including Plan and provider selection.
I highly recommend.
I am having difficulty getting the Fronius inverter communicating. Good initial help from Banana Solar but still waiting for installing electrician to arrange a visit to sort it out. Show additional information

Excellent service

The sales staff were very professional and informative and spent about an hour explaining the different options available to me.

Installation was delayed a couple of times due to rain but I was kept informed at all times regarding next proposed install date.

The actual installation went smoothly and I am very happy with the overall installation.

I would highly recommend Banana Solar.

Banana Solar

the site inspection & time taken to design the system was an excellent indicator of the quality of the total install.

Nothing was rushed & appropriate care / expertise demonstrated.

Solar made simple

If you lead a very busy lifestyle, then these are the guys you want to talk to.
Perry answered all my question and the installation went through without any issues.

Excellent service from start to finish

All phases of the project were very positive - from the quote, to installation and then organising the connection to the grid. Highly recommended. Show additional information

Superb Solar!!

Banana Solar was flexible, responsive and professional at every stage of the process. They accommodated changes I needed to make with the date of installation. The installers were professional, polite and consulted me before particular activities eg heritage requirements, turning electricity off etc. Every request for information or assistance from me or my energy supplier has been responded to in a timely manner. I feel that I have had personal attention. I would recommend Banana Solar highly to friends, relatives and other customers. Show additional information

Highly recommended

I had several quotes for a solar system, but decided on Banana Solar for their professional approach. Unlike other companies, Banana Solar visits your home and with their drone and the help of their computer software they will advise you on the best combination. Boris took plenty of time and was able to answer all my questions.The installation team finished the job in one day and were very efficient, polite and explained the whole process. Perry helped with the monitoring system, organised the paperwork with the electricity provider. Nothing but praise! Show additional information

Remarkable

Very impressive presentation by Oscar. Installation was professional done. The installer were polite and they clean the area before they leave the place. Perry and Boris are so nice to talk to professionally. They can explain your questions as thoroughly and honest as they can. They will walk you through the details even after the installation. Keep it up and make us, your customer happy. Definitely will refer you to my friends. Show additional information

Powerwall 2, Enphase and LG panels

Banana Solar had been recommended by a friend of mine. Boris from Banana Solar came over within a few days of me contacting them and looked at the property for about two hours. Constrained heritage site in the city, so not a trivial installation. Installation was carried out by experienced work crew in single day, with solar operational on first day. Battery installation was completed on a second visit. Overall very pleasant and professional experience. They clearly know what they are doing and are genuinely trying hard. Very clean installation. Show additional information

Successful installation completed

Knowledgeable staff providing quote, good installation team and acceptable price. Show additional information

Very good service

Very good service - professional, clear information and good advice on options Show additional information