Banana Solar Reviews

About Banana Solar, Solar Installers

Banana Solar
Gold Partner
Banana Solar is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 40 627 412 122  ABN active since 10 Jul 2018 | Banana Solar Pty Ltd
ACN: 627 412 122  ACN active since 10 Jul 2018 | Banana Solar Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 328115C Banana Solar Pty Ltd

Estimated pricing for system: $6,000 - $10,000 depending on hardware choice ( how is this calculated? )

Banana Solar - Sit back and enjoy the sunshine.

Three reasons people choose to go with Banana Solar:

1. We have a high quality sales and design process, high quality products and five star customer service rating.

2. We monitor your system remotely after installation - your investment is safe with us.

3. We are locally based and 100% Australian owned.

Need help with your bills? We can help you choose the right energy plan to maximise your savings with time of use and feed in tariff analysis.

Banana Solar Solar Reviews

Highly recommended!

We got our solar panel system from Banana Solar and have nothing but praise for their professionalism and efficiency. Their sales rep Faizan came to our home and spent time with us actually looking at our roof, garden and other aspects of the surrounds which could affect the operation of the panels so that we feel we now have the most efficient system possible. During our decision-making process, we contacted various members of their staff who responded promptly with the further information we needed.
The installation team arrived as scheduled and worked in a very professional, courteous and efficient manner. They left our home and garden as they found it. Within hours of the installation, we had been shown the app to monitor our solar production and the necessary paperwork had been sent to our electricity provider.

Great system - have recommend Banana to multiple friends

Quote process was easy - they did not have the drone running when we did the quotes but I am really not sure how much value it would have added. Boris was knowledgeable and easy to deal with. Looked at a few different options (including LG battery which was tempting), ended up with 15 x LG 345W panels with Enphase iQ7+ micrometers. I got a few quotes in and while Banana were not the cheapest they got pretty close and were much more engaged and responsive that the other suppliers.
Installation went well - friendly team and neat installations - could have sanded down some of the sharp edges on the aluminium extrusions.
System is working well - producing 25kwH on good days and so far has produce almost 2x what we use as a family of 4.

Great experience from enquiry to install

Sales/Quoting process was excellent. No pushy sales pitches. Boris did home visit and explained in a lot of detail compared to other vendors.

Installation was completed on time.
Services up and running quickly. Solar analytics is a great tool, definitely a plus

Installing 18th november

Sales person was truefull
Well informed
Not installed yet
Install to happen mid November

Great

Salesman was great. Information presented was informative and clear. Problems were easily overcome. Installation with Wade and team was great with no cracked tiles. System works beautifully. Took about two weeks after instal for energy company to start paying but that’s no reflection on solar quotes or banana solar, just an FYI Show additional information

Very professional Installers

During the sales quoting, the solar engineer made their time to come by home and provided a more accurate quote. There were minor details on the roof that would have interfered with the lay out the plan for the installation of the panels. But this was resolved with engineer being onsite and providing an accurate quote. The cost breakdown of the solar system and savings from the solar system was also explained very well.

The installation was also professional. The installers arrived in a timely manner and finished on day. They were very friendly and efficient. Highly recommended.

Gold star customer service & Fantastic Solar Installation

If we could give Banana Solar more stars, we would! Have not regretted our decision to upgrade our old 1.2 KW solar system to a new 5 KW system from Banana Solar (19 Trina Honey panels with Fronius Primo inverter), to take full advantage of an opportunity we had received through other channels, to get a discounted Tesla Powerwall 2 battery from Tesla. The cost as below is net after our NSW solar rebate.
We decided on Banana Solar after doing a lot of research on the Solar Quotes website and after reading all the great reviews for Banana Solar, despite it being such a new company. We also interviewed 2 other companies recommended by Solar Quotes but went with Banana Solar due to the quick, detailed and very personalised approach with a comprehensive home visit from friendly and knowledgeable Boris Cicero ( rather than the estimations provided by phone or email by the other solar quoters) who sent his drone up to get an accurate view of our roof area. He then downloaded drone photos into their program on his laptop to immediately give us costed options as to which panels and inverter to use and how many would fit on our roof, as well as indications of how sun direction over the year would impact our new solar installation.
A big part of the initial discussions was about how this new system would integrate with the new Tesla Powerwall 2 battery we had committed to buy and Boris went above and beyond, volunteering to liaise with Tesla on our behalf, to make the Tesla install and integration with the new solar system as smooth as possible. He was ( and is) amazing. We could not have asked for any more, particularly when we found that there were some issues generated by Tesla's internal procedures leading to a very delayed install of the battery, well after the magnificent solar system from Banana Solar was fully operational.
Boris also told us how their company would monitor the solar performance for a few months and then after analysis of our energy usage, they would recommend the best energy plan in our area to maximise our savings.
It did not take hubby and I long to decide to place our trust in Banana Solar.
Boris also recommended the add-on of a Solar Analytics energy monitoring system, to help us monitor our real time energy production, overall energy consumption and actual usage on certain appliances, so that we could immediately see how well the panels were performing and also where and when our energy usage was, so we could better manage our energy consumption and costs. I highly recommend this product as it has been invaluable for charting our energy usage and brings a smile to your face when you clearly see when solar power generstion is exceeding household consumption.
The last piece of the puzzle was the install and integration of our new (red Founders Edition!) Tesla Powerwall 2 which was completed this week at last ( no fault of Banana Solar) and today Boris was back again to tweak some settings on the Solar Analytics, to tidy up our powerboard and to liaise once again with Tesla, to ensure that not only the Banana Solar system was working perfectly but that the integration with the Tesla electrics was also 100%
We are ecstatic with the Trina Honey solar system which is performing beyond expectations ( and also looks pretty on our grey roof!) and are so happy to see the solar system now working hand in glove with the Tesla battery.
Thankyou Boris and Banana Solar and if you are looking for the gold standard in customer service plus a solar system that works, go no further than these guys! :-)

Outstanding service from beginning to end. Great price. Great system. Highly recommend.

It's now 3 months after the install and time for a well earned 5 star review. I can't recommend Banana highly enough.

My system performs like a dream (outperforming my high expectations and on current form payback will be under 2 years). They honestly care about doing a great job and for me they went above and beyond to keep me happy - even when my install proved to be very complicated and I could see how much more work it was for them ...they never once complained.

Perry and Oscar were wonderful to deal with. The rest of the install team did an amazing job too (my job was a tough one for them).

Here's the more detailed story if it helps you:

Solar. What I thought would be a fairly simple choice based on price and service proved to be a lot more complicated. Balancing all the options - micro inverters, panels, overclocking, panel direction and angle, self cleaning, analytics, price etc etc. I was scratching my head on several occasions wondering who was telling the truth and who was just upselling/overselling. Installing solar was not as simple as I thought. After a couple of quotes which made no sense (totally different systems at very different prices). There was a lot more contradictory opinions than I expected from several expert installers.

In the end I had a total of 6 'reputable' installers provide me quotes including my energy provider. The experience was surprisingly different with all six. Some provided estimates from online satellite pics. Some came to inspect.

I selected Banana Solar for a few reasons (from 6 competitors).

1. No hard sell, just seemingly honest advice, genuine care to do a good job. Oscar who visited was super helpful - spent a lot of time on site, and flew his little drone over to get all the angles covered. Talked me through things in a way I felt very comfortable.

2. Pricing was spot on where I think it should have been. (I had one quote for a hi-spec system that would have done the same for almost double and one was so low it was a joke!) They were able to explain and demystify some of the contradictory information and why some higher cost systems were a waste of money.

3. Of the six quotes their system was the most carefully designed and thoughtful. Good communications throughout.

4. Monitoring and analytics. They understood that its more than just solar - its how you use your electricity.

5. Excellent reviews from other customers on Google etc.

I won't go into all the details, but the system performs really well. I paid a bit more to have Solar Analytics in my package so I can see production and consumption on my phone and this almost makes as much difference as the solar in terms of savings. We were able to turn off some energy gobblers we never knew were even on and optimise when we use other things.

All up our usual $1200 quarterly energy bill will be down under $300 next time. Maybe even less.

Very happy! I wish them well and hope this review helps other home owners on their journey too.

Great installation

Presale was excellent with all my questions answered. The installation went smoothly and the team was very neat and tidy. Post sales has also been very good with a number of followups Show additional information

happy customer!

Whilst other companies wouldn't visit the site until we committed and paid a deposit, we had two visits from the Banana representative before we committed. On the first visit, actual details of the roof (it's construction, details of any aerials etc) were collected (visually and by using a drone) and proximity to neighboring buildings and trees were noted. This enabled a system to be designed and pricing alternatives provided. On the second, all our questions and concerns were resolved and we felt confident we had all the information we needed to make an informed decision as to the system that best suited us. And, importantly, all the while, we were not pressured by the sales person!
The installation took longer than anticipated, mostly due to the weather but there was also a delay because some incorrect components were delivered. The installers were high quality technicians and, as a bonus, were also tidy and polite.

Quality installer

Oscar was amazing with the amount of knowledge he had about solar systems and installation.
He went through all our options and didn't push us to buy the most expensive system.
Graphing details and expected saving was great to be able to see on the laptop
The installers were very punctual and polite and tidy ,kept me up to date with there progress

Great company,

very professional, easy to talk to with un bias recommendations. the installation crew where tidy and very quick Show additional information

Excellent Experience

Great experience from start to finish. Site inspection was excellent and highlighted an issue with my TV Ariel that other companies quoting had missed. The installation team arrived on time and did a great job with no mess. The Banana Solar post sales follow up has been great as well Show additional information

The initial in-house consultation was what determined us to go with Banana Solar. Use of a drone to capture the roof space instead of relying on Google Maps made it reassuring what would be planned and quoted would be accurate and able to install. Installation date arrived and installation occurred with no issues (bonus = no crack tiles!) and ran through instructions on how to monitor power generation real-time via web/app. Entire process was professional. Thanks Banana Solar. Show additional information

Brilliant from start to finish

Banana Solar were the first to respond to quote. Their salesman was punctual, gave us three options, explained the pros and cons of each option and we received an email quote the same day.
Once we accepted ( the dearest option) , within 24 hours we were given an installation date ( some 10 days away). Prior to the installation day we received a confirmation from Banana Solar as well as a text from the installer advising a time he would be on site.
The installation went smoothly with the installer reviewing the plan and altering the layout to maximize the solar benefit.
Both installers were polite professional and quick.
We were most impressed, after the installation Banana Solar sent detailed documentation of the product, it’s service requirements etc.
I then received a phone call and they went through each document to ensure I understood them.
They are truly professional.

Couldn't fault them in any way!

We found Banana Solar to be professional at every point in the process. Thorough quoting process, fantastic customer service, happy to answer any (and every) questions, professional installation and organised paperwork for connection to the grid. Kept us informed every step of the way. Would be very happy to recommend them to anyone. Show additional information

Gone Solar At Last

We are very happy with Banana Solar. They were very professional and attentive. Show additional information
very quick and professional
the sales and installation was punctual and the company was very organised.

Number one

This company is brilliant. They give you what you need. From day one they were on time, polite, informative, etc. they came out and looked to see what my roof was like, not just using google maps to guess.
They were upfront about costs and timing. The installation boys were perfect and very polite. Everything was explained throughout the process. They even checked my mums solar panels and gave them a clean to make sure her system was running efficiently.
Highly recommend banana solar.

Very happy with Banana Solar

Detailed quote explaining complex details but clearly for a novice to understand. Quick waiting time to install. Friendly installers who left the driveway and site very clean. Show additional information

Give these guys a go!

We compared numerous installers before taking the plunge with Banana Solar. Unlike many others, they attended in person to assess the roof (sounds fundamental... but you'd be surprised!). Moreover, in addition to the standard 10 year installation warranty, they also included a 5-year 'Total System Warranty', covering any product faults, warranty claims and replacement costs, should they arise.

Ultimately, this promised peace of mind (coupled with their design expertise, and knowledge of Solar Analytics) is what got us across the line. It has already proved valuable, with Boris even returning on his weekend to make an adjustment!

Definitely give Banana Solar a go!

Professional, well informed, good sales process

The Banana Solar guys are professional and knowledgeable and deal in quality solar systems. Boris the pre-sales engineer spent a long time designing my system, with lots of emails back and forth, answering my questions. I chose these guys through a combination of competitive pricing and good quality components and design. Show additional information

Thorough and responsive

This was the only company of 4 quotes who took time to fly a drone and show me exactly where the panels would fit. I was impressed with the tech and the software used to calculate savings. Banana took the time to video call and answer questions after initial quote and made a return visit after install to talk us through. I am using the Solar analytics app which is great for helping our behavior change.
I would recommend this company to friends and family.

Very happy with explanation, installation and service

I would recommend Banana Solar. They came to our home and explained their system, they turned up when they said they would and the installation was a breeze, with a further explanation at the end of the installation. Show additional information

Great Service

Oscar and Perry worked hard to install solar for my dad - sat down and worked out usage, bills to optimise the array size, then used a drone to accurately map the (complex) roof. Banana were great in orientating a complex east/west orientation and gave options like solar analytics and solar diversion which are awesome in maximising self-production/usage. They were also helpful in navigating which retailer were best for my parents to be on for FIT and their usage patterns

Great service, communication was very thorough and we're really happy with the system! Only issue was there was a mix up with the install with the incorrect inverter size, but they recognised the mistake quickly and rectified the issue within a week

Quite impressive service.

Great bunch of blokes to do business with. Installation went very smoothly too. Show additional information

Extremely Happy

I could not fault any part of the entire process .... every facet from the initial contact, site inspection, quotation, prompt response to my many queries, though to installation and then the after sales contact & service have been above expectations. Show additional information

ONE HAPPY CUSTOMER

The Banana Solar experience was great. Everyone from Oscar to Perry were very helpful. The installer crew were efficient and tidy. Highly recommended installer. Show additional information

Very happy. Minimum fuss for a great system.

All the staff were extremely polite, helpful, proactive and knowledgeable. The whole process ended up being very hassle-free, and they used all the latest gadgets and modern software to design the best system for our awkward roof. Very happy with the final outcome and the entire process to get there. Show additional information

Excellent Solar Company

Banana Solar were fantastic from start to finish. They came to my house and sat with me for an hour explaining how everything would work and ran through numerous scenarios with different panels, inverters and finance options. The customer service was the best I've seen. Show additional information

Very happy

Very happy with first introduction with Banana Solar working through what is required Installation was done very well and I was given a good rundown of how it works. From Perry first phone call, then Oscar coming to my home explaining different options very well, to Boris who came on Sunday to finalize the settings, I am really happy. Show additional information

Great service.

The quoting service was excellent. Boris arrived on time and spent a lot of time explaining in plain English how the system worked as well as the options we had for each part of the system. The drone photos and computer simulation of system output were impressive and have I think so far been quite accurate. The installation team arrived on time on both days and were (in spite of experiencing some difficulties due to the age of our roof), polite and kept us informed about what was happening. After installation they contacted us to make sure things were in place and came out to show us how to use the monitoring system we had installed as well as walk through shut down and restarting of the system. They initiated the change of meter and the power company then arranged with us when they would come out. Show additional information

Delivers as promised and more

Excellent sales and quoting. Their design and presentation software made it easy to understand the system and how it would be installed. The explanation of the costs was clear with no hidden fees. The installation process was efficient and the team took extra care to ensure all cabling and conduit was hidden was much as was possible. Very neat finish and excellent clean up by the crew. They were very communicative through the whole process which gave me great confidence. The system is performing better than estimated and follow up by Boris has been appreciated. Show additional information
Very personal service. Honest and enthusiastic. Installers were very careful on existing roof. Very happy. Show additional information

An incredible Experience from Start to Finish

I couldn't recommend the Team from Banana Solar more highly. Form Boris arriving with his drone to survey the house to Alan's amazing install Team. I did get Three Quotes, but hands down Banana Solar where the best, the customer service from Boris has been excellent, and the price was also the best of the three! Win Win.... Show additional information

Professional and efficient.

Banana Solar visited my home the same week I contacted them for a quote, most of the other companies didn't even want to conduct a site inspection prior to quoting.
Boris is exceptionally educated and his knowledge of the various products is impressive.
The installation was both efficient and clean, the cabling and associated materials were all installed with precision and care.
Once installed Perry assisted with the setup and best plan for me.
I would recommend them to anyone that is looking for a professional solar installation company.
I am having difficulty getting the Fronius inverter communicating. Good initial help from Banana Solar but still waiting for installing electrician to arrange a visit to sort it out. Show additional information

EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE & INSTALLATION

Banana Solar was the only company who made the time & effort to visit the property and with the most advanced technology and software analysed the property and my power bill to design / spec the perfect system.

Quoting process and design was seamless. Thorough explanation and always willing to answer all my questions and concerns.

As I am an Electrical Contractor I was very particular on the installation which was also executed to my satisfaction and specifications by the installation team. The installation manager Allan attended site to discuss my requirements and the team was very particular in completing to a high standard.

The follow up service was also to a high standard to set up Solar Analytics and Fronius monitoring, with detailed explanations.

The only company who also reviews your system performance as well as power bills after the installation is completed to continue saving you on your power expenses.

Perry & Borris are very knowledgeable and it was a pleasure to deal with, looking forward to a long lasting relationship. No hesitation in recommending Banana Solar, keep up the great work!!

The quoting process was very good. Boris came to the house and used a drone to accurately spec up the quote. He was very helpful with all the questions I had later while deciding.
The installers were also very good and did it all in one day.
While they weren't the cheapest, they certainly gave excellent pre and after sales service, from the whole team and I feel confident that they'll be happy to help if I run into any issues later on.

Brilliant Customer Service

These guys work well as a team delivering outstanding customer service. They take all the worries out of installing solar and are with you every step of the way. Boris was outstanding in helping us through the journey. Allan and the installation team worked through very trying circumstances to deliver a great outcome and everything was well managed by Perry.

I have no hesitation in recommending Banana Solar. They deliver what they promise.

Professional Service , Excellent Value for a Quality System

The whole process was easy and professionally done.
The ONLY company to do an ONSITE VISIT to assess our roof, explain all the issues honestly and design a system to match our needs.
Boris is a qualified solar engineer and extremely helpful and honest.
The installation was done on time and by professionals.
Follow up home visits to set up monitoring and check system installation and function were done by a professional.
If you want professional service and quality at a great price, I strongly recommend Banana Solar.

Extremely impressive & knowledgeable understanding of solar products. Quotation process was relaxed, informative and flexible. Installation was prompt and professional.

Banana Solar provides outstanding quality service at every step of the process. Every question is answered thoroughly and follow-up is polite, prompt and professional. Great to work with such a professional operation. Show additional information

AHEAD OF ALL OTHERS

Prior to going with Banana Solar it was clear from user feed back on various sites that the industry left some customers with poor designs, shoddy installs, no recourse to support, no communication, and generally on their own after paying the installer. Together with the Solar Quotes guide and my perception of the business I soon discovered with quotes from 5 prior companies that the consumer was placed in a one sided journey to potential disappointment.
My contact with Perry, and on site visits from Boris it was clear they were up front about their intentions to make the project succeed, and backed this up with the kind of technical interactions which gave their approach immediate credibility and instilled confidence. The installation was completed quickly, albeit with a few minor irritations which were immediately rectified and supported throughout by excellent communication with Perry.

I endorse the prior comments submitted by earlier Banana Solar users as these mostly mirror my own experiences, and recommend intending solar adopters put Banana Solar on top of their choice of preferred solar installer.
Customer service great Show additional information

Great in ensuring the right outcome for customer

I had a very good experience with Banana Solar. Key differentiator was these guys care about their customers getting what they paid for and they go above and beyond to ensure that outcome.

Example 1: I had issues with my energy provider finding excuses to not upgrade my smart meter (which was not Banana Solar’s fault). Banana Solar could have said “sorry – not my responsibility” but instead they worked very hard to find a solution and thanks to their network they got the job done.

Example 2: My solar installation has been working well for the past 3 months and technically Banana Solar’s job is done. But they still give me a call once in a while to ensure everything is fine, asking questions about my energy consumption to find new ways to lower my bill. That’s to me is excellent customer service.

I also appreciated the time Boris spent to come to my house several times and explain very thoroughly (and patiently) about the solar panels solution. This was really a standout compared to other installers who were only prepared to invest 5min over the phone.

Keep up to good work Banana Solar!

Very positive experience with Banana Solar. Boris was excellent in explaining and supporting us. Professional team, high quality communication and reliable team. Show additional information

Excellent service

Excellent service. Good installation team. Very good attitude, easy to talk and deal with. The solar system is performing as expected. Show additional information
Excellent and immediate response from the Banana Solar staff & the installers on any queries I have.
Banana Solar staff came all the way to my house to help set-up & show me how to monitoring solar power generated & usage on iSolarCloud
Installers went way out to get the job done
I was very impressed with Banana Solar on a number of fronts:
1. Communications: Very quick to respond to the initial enguiry and any further questions I had
2. System design: To determine the right sized system, they came to the house and used a drone to measure the roof, then some software to determine the panel layout. This was compared to some other quotes I received that had obviously only looked at Google Earth and were specifying too many/too few panels.
3. The software used to determine the generation and potential savings and Boris spent a lot of time talking through the options
4. Installation: was carried out by a third party contractor, but Perry was there at the beginning to make sure everything was going smoothly
5. Post-installation: follow up has been thorough as well
6. Price: last but not least, the price was very appealing
Highly recommended
Two companies came to house for quotation. Others did quote on-line. I chose Banana as they came to site prepared with presentation and computer simulation of energy saving. Other company representative was 25 minutes late. I wanted a good quality system, not the cheapest. Show additional information