Banana Solar

Banana Solar Reviews

Welcome to our SolarQuotes review page. Banana Solar exists to deliver high quality solar solutions that maximise your savings. This is how we make our customers happy:

- We choose the products we offer carefully after considering product quality and warranty strength so that you have a long lasting system

- We use the best solar software available so that you know what generation to expect from your system

- We conduct an on-site technical inspection for every customer so that there are no surprises when it comes to the installation day

- We train our sales team on the technical side of products and system design so that you get the right system for your needs

- We analyse your electricity bills using our industry leading solar calculator so that you know what savings to expect from your investment

- We recommend the best electricity plan unique to your situation so that you get the quickest payback time possible

- We use dedicated installation teams trained in house so that you get high quality workmanship

- We have dedicated support staff so that your questions and support queries are answered quickly for the lifetime of your system

We work each day according to our company values: Honesty, Commitment and Excellence. Experience the Banana Solar ‘No BS’ approach and request a free quote today

Reviewers report paying: $3,900 - $8,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Banana Solar Reviews (186)

Great system, great service, great transaction!

I decided to go with Banana Solar simply because they ticked all the boxes:
High quality products (with very good reviews)
Helpful, engaging and friendly customer service
Informed, easy to understand, transparent and relevant technical advice

There were a couple of technical challenges during the day of the installation due to the layout of my roof. The Banana Solar team who installed the system arrived on time and proceeded with the installation with efficiency and professionalism. I was consulted on important decisions and was kept up to date with the progress.

I went up to the roof and saw that they did a fantastic job!

The post installation follow-up answered all my remaining questions regarding the green loan I took out, monitoring the system via the app, and selecting the electricity retailer that offered the best deal on feed-in tariffs!

Overall, it was a smooth, hassle-free transaction with a company that is easy to deal with with. I have no hesitation in recommending Banana Solar!

Original Review on 07-08-2020:

Comprehensive design and smooth installation

Banana Solar were very clear and comprehensive with their estimate and design. After their initial email quote, they arrived with a drone to get more data regarding shading and roof quality and provided a revised estimate and design to include DC optimisers. The week of the installation, the solar engineer again reviewed the design and gave me a couple of options to choose from and explained all the next steps. The multiple design reviews gave me confidence that we had the right design and on the day of installation it was very smooth, on time and the team were extremely professional and tidy with their work. The customer service communications were very clear with the actions I needed to take and what Banana Solar were going to do and particularly in relation to my energy supplier and the change of the meter. I would highly recommend Banana Solar. Original ratings

13 months later we asked Wayland: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Original Review on 19-11-2020:

Satisfied Customer

There is a large range of solar equipment and solar companies selling/installing that equipment. If you are like me you are looking for reliable factual information from an honest company. We were very happy with the result of responfing to an advertisement from Solar Qotes. We chose 3 companies and all three responded with an initial quote. We were very satisfied with the one selected - Banana Solar - and found Solar Quotes to do much more than arrange competetive quotes. Their website was a goldmine of information. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Andrew: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it has. I have not had any follow-up from the supplier which would be useful and reassuring after say a year of operation.
I have found that you need to get used to living with solar power to make most use of its benefits. Excess power goes back into the grid for far less than you pay to receive power from the grid. Therefore it makes sense to use power during the sunniest times of the day when solar power output is maximum. Rather than turn on the dishwasher immediately after breakfast or dinner put it on middle of the day when solar output is highest. Same goes for washers and dryers, vacuuming the carpet, etc.

Go Bananas

I found Banana solar on solarquotes.com.au as one of the highest rated installers in Sydney and I felt like getting in touch.
I had to follow up couple of times to get a call from Banana solar, but all the interaction since the first call from them was amazing.
Nicolas is a nice fellow. He talks more about technology and less about quick selling of products. He takes efforts to make the customer understand why certain product is better and lets customer decide further. I liked the way he explained everything to me.
Banana solar were the only installers who wanted to visit the premises before the installation. This boosts the confidence of the customer like me.
Installation was done professionally and not a single tile from our roof was damaged. Job was completed swiftly. I was excited to see the system functional on the very day of the installation (of course the export to the grid is not done yet due to meter upgrade pending with the electricity provider).
I shall highly recommend Banana Solar for solar system installation.

A great experience

These were the only company to come out to my house and do a full inspection in order to get the quote right.

We worked together to get the number of panels I wanted and the estimated yield has proven to be quite accurate.

Looking at the panel placement on one of the quotes I received, there is no way that would have worked on the day of installation, but the diagrams on this one were very accurate.

On the day of the install, the team were polite and professional. They spent time explaining what they were doing and were very proud of what they’d done at the end of the day, showing me photos of the roof.
Not the cheapest quote I received, but I believe you get what you pay for.

Efficient, Friendly & Good Value for Money

I found Solar Quotes web site to be most useful in answering my questions about installing solar panels. I used the 3 quotes process plus I added another installer recommended by a friend.

Banana Solar presented the best solution at a very competitive price. Their friendly and efficient installers arrived on time completed the work in one day despite a rain interruption. It has been 2 months since the 10 kw of Trina panels and an 8 kw Sungrow inverter were installed and so far the results have been almost exactly as predicted.

I have found the usage monitoring to be extremely useful, particularly in timing activities during the day to take advantage of the power generated. Overall very happy with the advise given and the end product, and whenever asked I have referred friends to the web site, thank you SolarQuotes and Banana Solar.

Original Review on 30-10-2020:

Thorough.

The sales and quoting process carried out by Oscar was very thorough and very prompt.

The installation was carried out 10 days after our acceptance of the quote and the installers worked hard and long to finish our slightly complicated job in one day and the installers were polite and punctual and cleaned up well.

The customer service after the install was initially very good but about a week after the install we had a problem with some banging on the roof in high winds and it took a couple of emails to have that sorted. All in all a very good experience.

8 months later we asked Rosemary: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We're very happy with our system.

We haven't had any problems and had an electricity credit each month for the first six months (the warmer months).

We're very glad we invested in solar panels and Finn at Solar Quotes was very knowledgeable and helpful in our decision making process.

Original Review on 21-10-2020:

Going solar made easy

I couldn’t be happier with the team from Banana Solar, from the sales guy, to the installers and the follow up from the manager. I wasn’t looking forward to installing solar but the Banana Solar guys made it easy, from helping to chose the most appropriate system to the expert and professional installers. I never felt like I was being sold something more than I needed.
Everything happened as promised. I couldn’t be happier.

8 months later we asked Richard: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Absolutely. As expected, performance has deteriorated slightly during the cooler months with fewer hours of sunlight and the sun at a lower angle. But this was totally expected and as advised by our provider, Banana Solar. Apart from that, the system continues to work flawlessly. We have already made considerable savings on our energy bill. Our first two bills (Summer and Autumn) were barely a third of our bills for the same period last year. We are now considering whether it’s worth expanding the size of the array and installing a battery.
We’re very happy campers. If you haven’t yet gone down the solar path, you should definitely be thinking about it.
Thanks Finn

Great Work by Banana Solar!

Excellent work by the Banana Solar team. Our needs were carefully factored into the services they quoted on. They were professional throughout, from quote to installation. We are now happy owners of a solar system. Matthew and family.

Excellent designer and installation

I was shopping around for a PV system and had a few quotes from Solar Quotes. One installer gave me the usual 6.6kw and stock standard design which did not sound optimal given I had multiple roof angles and a small roof, and the price was steep. The 2nd installer pushed for a single phase system even though I had a 3 phase home, and did not offer me the pro's and con's of a single vs three phase system or my requirements for future electric vehicles etc, and assumed I wanted a blackout proof battery back up which was not the priority.

A friend used Banana Solar and was impressed by Boris who designed his system. Boris is a top bloke, assessed my home and roof layout and engineered the optimal panel layout with a few DC optimisers, maximising the full path of the sun throughout the day, and I was impressed by his knowledge given he is also an electrical engineer and CEC certified designer, I felt much more confident I was getting the optimal design given the size of my roof, and wanting the best value and largest size system possible as I am also an engineer. Boris designed a great 3 angle 7.8kw system with Fronius 3 phase inverter and Q-Cell 390w Peak Duo G9 panels for a reasonable cost. He also followed up with an on-site drone visit to confirm his design is optimal and there were no surprises.

The install team were friendly, on-time, worked hard and were very accommodating as I wanted the cable duct to be less visible from the street and they extended the duct to the inside of my fence. The installation was finished before 5pm.

I am waiting for the smart meter to be installed in a week's time, and Banana helped put in all the paper work to get it sorted, but the performance of the system way surpassed Banana's forecasts for this time of year.

Highly recommend Banana Solar and Boris if you want to get your system designed professionally and installed properly the first time and at a reasonable cost.

Punctual and great communication. I have yet to test out system.

Banana solar

Happy with everything except that i am not that good with mobile phone and apps still do not know how to connect to fronius converter with app

Original Review on 30-08-2020:

Hassle free Intallation

Having done plenty of research on solar systems, mainly on Solar Quotes, I was reasonably prepared for the three quotes. I found that Banana Solar provided the most thorough analysis of our requirements, where we have shadowing problems due to a recently built duplex next door. They used a drone to take views of both our property and next door to work out the best design for our situation.

The installation was done efficiently and all went well. The three member crew worked diligently, but I did have a bit of trouble communicating with them as their English was very limited and the main person was a bit difficult to understand. However, they did a good job and certainly seemed to know what they were doing. They arrived early and worked almost without a break to get the job done.

I am now waiting for Origin Energy to install the smart meter next week so that we can start to feed back our excess energy production. The Banana Solar office helped with the paperwork and have been available to answer any questions whenever I needed help or clarification with the various steps to get the system online.

Everything seems to be working well so far and hopefully I'm on my way to reducing my electricity bills.

8 months later we asked Serge: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Very happy with the performance so far. Installation was in mid August 2020 and have made the following savings:
With Solar Previous Year Savings
Quarter Amount Amount
Jul-Oct 20 $349.24 $671.35 $322.11 (part qtr only)
Oct-Jan 21 $163.27 $528.62 $365.35
Jan-Apr 21 $147.77 $530.65 $382.88

That's total savings of $1,070.34 so far. I have an all electricity house which includes a pool and 2 air conditioners.
I run most of my appliances and pool pump during the day when I get maximum solar production.
I have also switched my Origin Energy account to "time of use" with a 16c per kWh FIT which is proving better than their 19% discount with a 7c FIT. Pays to shop around for the best plan.

Very positive experience. 5 Stars!

This installation was to replace my existing solar PV system and solar hot water system that are 15 years old. I know the benefit of solar systems and have been through previous solar system installation process.

This time around, I find the process pleasant from beginning to the end thanks to Banana Solar.

System Design.

Oscar Healey, the Solar Consultant was very knowledgeable, responsive and patiently entertained my many questions about the design. Over numerous email and phone conversations Oscar was able to educate me on the latest and answered all my questions. Absolute Five Stars on customer service! Oscar even came to my house during the initial discussion to take drone pictures of my roof and then discussed the options to suit my requirement including removing old panels and maximising the system.

During the design discussion, Oscar and the design team provided many suggestions on how to optimise my system. I am also impressed with their ability to quote for an all-in-one job including removal of my old solar electric panels and solar hot water panels. They were also able to relocate an existing roof ventilation and TV antenna to ensure I can have optimum solar panels configuration.

The installation team was led by Xining Duan who was very courteous, professional and very tidy with his work. Although English was not Duan's first language, he was very patient at explaining the installation process to me and takes pride in the quality of his work. Five Stars to Duan too and great effort by the whole team he led that was very polite and efficient.

The job was done taking only one day to remove the old panels, relocate air ventilation and install panels on three aspects of my roof. The job was installed on the scheduled date within 3 weeks of deposit payment.

Overall

I don’t think I am the only one rating them very high. And YES, I will choose Banana again if I were to do it again.

16 Heath St Ryde NSW Review

The sales and quoting process happened very quickly with all 3 firm supplying a quote within a few days. We took our time to review them and also went back to all when one firm provided a 15kW system as an option given our roof size. The overall level of interest/engagement varied between the firms with only Banana actively contacting me/following up. They were the only one to request a site visit to verify and discuss the quote options after they submitted but before we decided which to go with.

Once signed, the time to install was less than a week, with the installers arriving a little after the set window of 7-9am. While the install was scheduled to only take 1 day, the time to remove existing pool solar heating and rain later that day pushed it over to the next day, with them returning late that afternoon to complete - I expect after another scheduled install.

During a post install follow up call by the sales person, I advised 2 actions were outstanding - removal from the property of the pool solar and submission of the meter change request to EnergyAustralia. They were done the same day.

Overall very satisfied with the install process.

Fantastic Installer

Terrific experience overall. Top quality installation and excellent follow up after the installation.

Installation by Banana Solar

The salesperson was not only polite, personable and competent but not at all aggressive in his sales manner. The quote was done at my home and was compiled using technology including a drone to determine where to place panels etc.
the price was competitive and the ongoing follow up good.
The other companies were using out of date google earth photos of the property to base their quotes. They had no idea whether the landscaping had placed mature trees on the property for example. They were reluctant to come out in person.

Knowledgeable, friendly and helpful

Very thorough design and quoting process. Oscar should be solar sales person of the year for his kind and friendly approach mixed with a through site assessment and design. The quote was also a bit cheaper than others - although it is difficult to compare exactly when each company offers a different mix of technology brands. Banana’s installation was quick and efficient. My neighbour commented on how quick it had been. The team were a bit later than the arrangement as parts they needed were unavailable at the nearest warehouse. My rooftop solar is definitely a solar power station! It’s generating more than I expected - even in the cloudy rainy weather we’ve been having. The package includes Solar Analytics so I’m able to monitor how much I’m generating and using. Banana certainly live up to their top reviews. They really are top bananas.

Great personalised service

Sales and installation service was great, definitely recommend Banana Solar to others. Sales service was excellent including site visit with drone measurement. Actual install wasn’t as great as I’d hoped with a difference in calculated number of panels quoted to actually installed due to actual roof size and taking longer than expected. However they were very responsive to my needs, including after hour calls. Also made up for slight install shortfalls with additional panels at greatly reduced price. Commissioning went very well and they took me through everything in detail.

Great service, installation, system quality

Got three quotes, one of which was outside SolarQuotes (one of the SolarQuotes referred installers didn't respond initially, then visited, but never quoted). Banana Solar was not the cheapest, but I didn't expect them to be. Boris from Banana Solar spoke to me on the phone several times, sent me a quote, and then refined it as we had discussions. He was most helpful and open to my requirements. Nico from Banana Solar visited and used a drone to survey our roof segments and cabling positions. We ended up with a design that had more panels on the roof (on multiple roof segments, East and North) than where we began from, with panels and microinverters. Once I agreed to proceed, they quickly set up an installation date. On the day, they turned up and started work. I was able to discuss things with Boris even as work was happening. Finished installation over two days (neat and tidy work), and they set up the wifi/app so we could monitor consumption and solar generation. Boris sent off the application to our electricity retailer so we could be connected to the grid and export unused solar energy. All worked very smoothly and quickly. Now exporting solar to the grid (at the moment, we're in credit).

Great Solar installation company

Comparing to the other quotes, BananaSolar gave us the greatest price for a great system. Explained everything that I didn't understand and were very patient and not pushy. They greatly reduced the price after having another look at our housing site, which pleased us very much and was the reason why we decided to finally get solar panels installed. A lot of info was given so didn't really need to ask much.

On the day of the installation, there were no problems and it was done very quickly. Then it was explained how to turn the system off and on, how to see the status of the solar panels, and what the things actually were. Everything was neat and cleaned up.

This is a great solar installation company. I have high hopes that if any problems do come up in the future, that i'd be able to speak to them

Thank you for helping me harness the power of the sun

Background: i am a science teacher that preaches green energy almost every day. We have a newly built home. i used another solar company to place conduits rough-ins before gyprocking, but never ended up using them to finish the installation due to lack of design input to the solar array.

I contacted 2 more solar conpanies, one of which was Banana Solar.

Consultation:

I contacted Boris before Christmas 2020. He understood my concerns and my future intentions of buying batteries, an electric car and a growing family.

Nicholas visited the site and looked at our roof, detailing any obstructions (vents, whirly birds, neighbouring trees etc) that may cause shadowing. He checked if i had spare roof tiles and took many notes of the site. He also answered my questions based on my energy bill and made suggestions accordingly.

Soon, i recieved an email from Boris with a 3D solar array design. This was good if your wife can only visualise things in 2D.

He also included a ROI calculations and quotes on 3 different packages that would suit me.

After Christmas i asked more questions, and he revised the solar array design to optimise its performance.

Decision making:

I decided to go with Trina solar panels 6.66kW + Fronius 5kw inverter + solar analytics monitoring.

We locked in an installation date for mid Jan.

Easy.

Installation day:

1 electrician and 1 roofer rocked 9 am, as scheduled, and the roofer climbed up and made a quick assessment. Both the electrician and roofer suggested another design to further optimise the system and confirmed with Boris. Everyone was happy. This team knows what they were doing, no auto-pilot here, and this is where Banana's expertise started to shine (no pun intended).

2pm, everything was done. Site was cleaned up and everything was running smoothly.

Final inspection:

Boris visited the site later in the day for final checks and showed me how to turn off the solar in case of emergency or fire. He showed me how to use solar analytics.

The team was very polite, respectful and professional from start to finish. They know their stuff and they do their job with care. After posting my experience on social media, a friend that i didnt know that worked in solar gave me the thumbs up. My wife now turns on the AC guilt free. I sit back on the couch looking at the solar analytics app knowing that out future will be bright.

I intend to install another system from them in the future when i buy an electric car.

Recommend.

Thank you, to the team at Banana Solar

Banana Solar were pretty good, no complaints

Banana Solar were pretty good, no complaints. They were responsive during the sales phase. The panels were installed within a matter of weeks. They helped me with the grid connection after the install.

Original Review on 11-05-2020:

Professional company with great service

Installation of the panels proceeded well and the installers were efficient and thorough. There was a problem with the pitch of our roof however so the installers needed to come back a second day to finalise the work. My only problem however was with the communication between Banana Solar and is about the problem the installers experienced at our house. There was no communication between the management at Banana and is about the installation being stopped and rescheduled. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Chris: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Beyond our expectations

Informative. Prompt. Professional

Banana Solar Pty Ltd were the only company (out of three) who physically reviewed the site and was able to provide genuine and informed advice particular to my circumstances. They did not hassle after the consultation (no regular texts and emails), and when I re-contacted them over 12 months later they had my info on file and were prompt in advising of new initiatives etc. The day of installation went very smoothly - courteous team, who cleaned up after installation - including removing the old panels and inverter. Follow up service included analysis and advice of best energy plan viz tariffs etc. Would highly recommend!

No.1 Banana Solar!

Boris and the sales team were really knowledgeable and as an electrician I could tell unlike other installers and quotes I had received of whom the sales team knew very little and couldn't answer many of my questions, as an Electrical Engineer Boris answered everything, and didn't BS - as they promote they don't.

Of several quotes I obtained, Banana Solar were one of few who actually came to my house, really listened to what I wanted and were happy to tailor a solar package which suited my family and our needs. They also check my roof with a drone for any shading etc so they could recommend the most appropriate set up. They provided me the largest 3 phase solar array (11.1kW) I could fit on my roof. Where as other installers just wanted to sell me the standard 6.6kW cookie cutter package.

As per Finn Peacocks book (which was great, and gave me everything I needed to know), I wanted the biggest system I could get, as in the future I see my family getting an electric vehicle, batteries etc and only using more and more power.

The installation team were very flexible and installed it in my half renovated house exactly where I wanted it. Completed it when it was convenient for me, were very courteous, and did it to a high standard.

It is now up and running with solar analytics so i can see everything I'm producing and using so can adjust our habits to ensure we reduce our carbon footprint as much as possible (and save heaps of $ in the process)

I couldn't recommend the Banana solar team and company as a whole more. By all means shop around but make sure Banana Solar are one of the companies you get to quote from.

Thanks again Banana Solar!

Efficient Professional Installer

Nicolas from Banana Solar made a thorough site visit including flying a drone over our house
and gave use more precise and useful information than we received from other companies.

The install team were very professional we are happy with how everything was installed
we have an old inner Sydney house and routing cables through the roof was a little difficult and
they handled this well and our system was running by 15:30.

They seem a busy small company but responses to email were quick.

Their price was competitive and very good value considering the quality of the install.

Highly recommend.

Best Service and Quality Install

Best Service and Quality Install overall i can not fault them

Fantastic sales person. Installer was okay.

Sales process was excellent.
The installation didn't go that well since some of or lights/powerpoints were not working because the switch was loose. It was rectified the next day.
Customer service was great. They helped with submitting the form for meter upgrade. Although they could have told us in advance so we can actually do it straight after installation.

The price was for 6.29kw system with solar analytics (lifetime subscription) and green catch power.

Bad Customer Service

At the start of the process, they were very helpful. Even had a site visit for a drone capture of the roof and they explained the installation plan quite well. To give them credit, it was an effective sales pitch.

Install day comes and that's when the problems show. A guy from their team arrived on time and was trying to explain to me what will be done and how they are planning to do it. Seems okay. After 30 minutes or so, the rest of the team arrived and it looked like they were starting work. They spent a couple of hours sitting around on our front porch and when noon came, they told me they need to cancel the job and can't do the install due to "too small timber support" on our roof structure.

It was okay that they canclelled the installation for whatevery reason they had but we haven't received our deposit back since and it's already been a week. Had made several attempts to get in touch with them through their online chat but they have been ignoring my messages. You can't do that with people's hard-earned money.

Hi Rod,

As explained by our qualified and experienced installation team, your roof is not suitable for a solar installation at the moment because it has a very thin aluminium frame which means we can't safely attach the mounting system to the roof structure. As discussed over the phone and emails we are happy to help you find a suitable solution for the roof structure so the solar system can be safely installed.

The day after the installation we confirmed we will refund your deposit and your deposit has been refunded rapidly 5 business days after the installation day. 100% of all refunds we ever had to process have been made rapidly.

You had my phone number and the phone number of our Solar Consultant and you didn't call us back to follow up on your deposit refund on 07/12 and 08/12. Using the online chat is not the best way to follow up on a deposit refund when you have personal mobile phone numbers of our Solar Consultant and Manager.

The stars rating is your decision and we fully respect it but the 1 star rating for the system quality doesn't make sense as we were providing you with the very top of the range panels and inverters: Sunpower and Enphase. Same comment regarding customer service, you said you have been happy with our sales and design work. Our team feel this 1 stars rating is unfair to us for the work we have done. Finally regarding installation, putting safety first is very important and the fact that the existing roof structure is not suitable for solar installation is not our fault. Raising honestly safety concerns show that our installation team is well qualified and wise in the decision making process.

We apologize for any inconvenience and we stay at your disposal to help you as much as we can. Providing the best customer experience is our top priority, before, during, and after the installation.

Great customer service & easy installation

Quoting was top notch, gave on-site quote with some options and modelling images supplied, then patient and didn't push the sale as Covid-19 impacted purchase timeframe. Once ready, scheduled install, reviewed options and changed up to the day before install with no issues. Installed 5kw with optimisers on a warm day and had it running smoothly with monitoring setup as well, passing paperwork for connection to Energy Aus by the next morning for connection to grid.

Great service and quality

We got multiple quotes including other top rated installers in Sydney. We got the best presales service and explanation from Banana Solar and it was backed up by a quality install. We went with a Fronius inverter as it is the heart of a solar system and the quality Trina panels to bring it in within our budget. Thanks to Banana Solar for helping us to save even more with the electricity plan they recommend. Their team is great to deal with. Will happily recommend to my family and friends.

Pain-free process

Solar quotes made it easy to get quotes promptly, and from quality companies. We used Banana Solar and they were incredibly knowledgeable, helpful and even gave us a couple of options on differnet panels which affected pricing. They made it verh easy to evaluate these options and were prompt with responses, installation and follow-up. We are very happy customers

Professional company making going solar simple

I dont think it would be possible to make the end to end process of going solar any easier. From the initial contact to the completion of the project, the team at Banana Solar were professional, friendly and efficient.
Nicolas was great at explaining the quoting process and the options. After an initial quote so that I knew an accurate estimate, he come out and using a drone took multiple photos. These together with excellent solar quoting tools allowed him to make recommendations and answer my "what about this" questions. No push, just friendly help. He even let me know an accurate installation date if I decided to go ahead. It was an easy decision and they were similarly priced to another installer quote. I also added the Solar Analytics smart metering which after using it for a little while, was a great choice.

Installation was no fuss at all and the install team turned up exactly on time. The installation of the 7.4kW system took less than a day. The team leader explained exactly what they were going to do. The end result was exactly what I expected, everything was left tidy and clean.

Perry called and provided lots of information via email including key paperwork and what to do. To be honest, he did it all and even gave me the information for an online form I had to fill out with my energy provider Origin Energy. It really was too easy. He added the inverter information into my Fronius account and set up the Solar Analytics account.

I was initially hesitant with going with a smaller company but could not be happier with my decision.

Excellent pre-sale to after-sale service

Installed 9.25Kw system using Trina panels with microinveters, plus Tesla powerwall. Aerial 3d view of location of panels during consult, and cost savings to validate purchase. Follow up during and after install. Installers were good and got the job done effeciently and cleaned up afterwards. No complaints, highly recommended.

Going Solar!

Banana Solar are a great company to deal with. Very transparent with the steps involved in installing a system.

A good budget system at a great price

Sales and quoting process was very good and thorough.
Installation was good and the guys had to work real hard to get it done.
I was concerned about the their safety as my roof is 6mth old colorbond and it was definitely slippery.
Perhaps they need special roofing shoes?
Customer service afterwards was very good.

Really glad we picked Banana Solar

A really positive experience from the initial quote through to follow up after installation. The Banana Solar team really made the whole process incredibly easy and pleasant. Oscar helped me put together the best system for our particular needs, and was happy to explain anything I had questions about afterwards over the phone. He used a drone to look at shading from some large gum trees to our west and we were able to choose the best panels and inverter based on this. It was actually fun!

The guys who did the installation were professional, friendly, prompt and tidy. And finally, Perry called to walk me through the final steps and make sure I was happy with everything afterwards. Really pleased we chose Banana Solar. I can see why they've got a platinum rating with Solar Quotes.

Friendly Staff and Great Service - Will Recommend

The pre-sales process was clear and Boris was upfront with the cost and feasibility.

The installation team was punctual and was able to re-confirm tasks on the day. Everything was also tidy and the staff were friendly.

Had a few minor communication issues post installation. However, items were addressed and no major issues

Overall will recommend this team

System Installation

Sales quoting process was very good. Nicolas was very helpful and explained in detail the solar process, installation process and calculated savings.
Installation was ahead of schedule. Arrived on time and were tidy. Installation was quick and efficient and installers cleaned up after themselves.
All paperwork was completed within 24 hours and submitted to electricity company. Solar connected.
Very happy overall with the efficiency of the company

Solid all-round

Sales / quoting process was fantastic. Nicolas came round with his drone, took several photos, and sat in my back yard doing the calculations there and then, and walking me through all his printed sales material for about an hour. Was very clear. The two other quotes were about $1500 more expensive for the same equipment, one with a slightly pushy salesperson and the other without a consult in person.

The installation was very straightforward. Done in a day, cleared up after themselves, polite and conscientious.

Perry from Banana Solar has been quick and friendly with correspondence, even after we completed payment. We had a few minor post-installation issues (getting the app to work properly, issue with transferring over to a different provider), and Perry walked me through all of that quickly and easily.

Top marks!

The best approach

Banana Solar were not one of the three installers that I received initial quotes from via the SolarQuotes site. I decided to approach Banana Solar and another of the platinum rated installers in Sydney as I was not satisfied with the original 3 installers quotes.

The issues with the three installers quotes were with the details provided (or lack thereof) and the approaches taken by the installers. My requirements were for the largest capacity system that would fit on the roof of my house taking into consideration a known shading issue with one part of the roof. The original installers either insisted on quoting for 6.6 kW systems or specified a number of panels that simply wouldn't fit on my house roof.

Out of the installers that I received quotes from Banana Solar were the only one to put in some real effort and actually make a site visit. Their use of technology, both the use of a drone for taking high resolution roof photos and the Aurora Solar software, made their system design / quote much more accurate than those from the other installers. The questions that I had prior to the install were quickly and efficiently answered by Nicolas Mascetti the sales rep. I should also note that Banana Solar is selling a range of inverters and solar panels at different price points. I was under no pressure to choose any particular panel or inverter brand or model.

Prior to my system install Banana Solar did apply to Endeavour Energy for the grid connection of my system.

The actual install of my system was brought forward by four days from the originally planned date. The install took a day and a half (with a day in between) possibly because I had chosen to use Enphase Microinverters rather than a string inverter. The install team were very professional and cleaned up everything so there was no mess left behind. The install job is very neat and looking at my walls and roof I can see no unnecessary conduit runs and no uncovered cables which is quite a feat given the different layers of my roof. Given the number of roof tiles that were moved during the install I ended up with only one broken (concrete) roof tile. I strongly suspect that this was due to the 18th February 2017 hailstorm, not due to any lack of care from the install team.

Following the install there was a slight delay with the follow up call from Perry Borg due to him being in the process of moving house which is understandable. The follow up call and emails from Perry provided all the of the information regarding my system including documentation and the system shutdown procedure.

I did have to fill in the Origin Energy application form to have my meter changed but it was straight forward as Perry had supplied me with all of the necessary details beforehand.

Good Service + Value Products + Perfect Teamwork

Perfect service and coordination at all levels; Pre-sales to Design, to Installation and Post-sales.

Nicolas Mascetti was the pre-sales, that show up on time, with a drone to do the site inspection, measure the nearby trees etc, and he did up a 3D picture of the area and roof. He also did a simulations and quotation on the spot. The design and recommendations are suited to my requirements and conditions.

The other quotations from other companies, are either trying to up-sell me with an oversize inverter + cheaper products (in order to beat the price), or telling me straight that they are using super premium product that cost a lot more.

Banana Solar was able to arrange an installation within a week after I accept the offer.

The installation team came on time on the day of the installation.
I was very fortunate that 3 out of the 4 guys are experienced tradesmen.
The rapport and coordination from the guys were very good and fast.
I can see that the guys take pride in their work.

They even went above and beyond to offer help me with some other things.

From what I gathered, Banana Solar has two installation teams, they are all part of the company and not outsourced to external company. And they were very happy and loyal to the company, which I think is more important, because that will produce better installation / work.

For Post-sales, Perry (the Managing Director), called me to walk me through the list of post-installation matters.

Banana Solar, is the Gold Standard in Solar Systems, in Sydney NSW.

Excellent design, easy install on a tricycle roof

Excellent design floor a roof covered in vents, skylight and different grades.

Good customer service, good install although they could have been tidier.

They have excellent products available, although with a premium price, but for an install I think will still be good in 20 years and on a small roof I was happy with the price premium.

Five Stars ***** Great Job! Fantastic service from start to finish!

I can't be more impressed with Banana Solar. They were the only installers to do a site visit which made the whole process easier to understand and follow.

Nicolas the Sales rep did a wonderful job walking us through the initial design and describing the process - everything he said was followed through by the installers and set up.

The install guys were efficient and did a good job of clearing the site when they finished,

I really appreciated the follow up call the next day to walk through the grid connection and advice on which energy plans might be best for us!

We chose a top end system to manage shading issues which made it not the cheapest system in town, however I feel confident that if we do have any issues that Banana solar will be there to help us. I especially like the fact that they can remotely monitor our system if any problems do arise.

I have no hesitation in recommending these guys.

Great service. Very happy with installation.

Nicolas responded quickly with quote and plan. Very happy with the installation team - they were efficient, and did a really neat job. I highly recommend Banana Solar.

Patient, thorough and comprehensive

Banana Solar is a local business that I wanted to support. Boris was knowledgeable, patient (not pushy) and flexible, as I worked out what system I needed and asked for an adjusted design. Installation went well and as planned. My meter is being upgraded tomorrow so I can't yet comment on how it is going. They had a clear process to follow up after installation and were available to answer queries. Recommended.

The installer knows what they are doing.

Sales and quoting process started with on-site inspection. We have to reschedule the installation due to the parked van and which limits the access to the roof.

The installation went smoothly despite working underground to lay in the cable and small place and limited access.

They are organised with automated system to organise the meter upgrade to smart meter. It includes the a follow-up call to discuss the next-step after the installation.

Great sales process but disappointing installation quality

It all started so well. I did an online inquiry through Banana Solar website and within 24hrs was phoned back.

I work in the solar industry (mainly commercial systems for schools and clubs) and I have to say that the quotation process was excellent and much better than other solar companies that I contacted. Oscar, who is the Sales Rep for Banana Solar, was a star! He went through a full shading analysis (there is a 3 storey house to the north), modelled different consumption patterns and even analysed the affect of putting Tigo optimsers on 3 or 4 of the partially shaded panels. I hounded him with some difficult questions and options and each time Oscar responded with great information and advice. Not too pushy, good solid advice and not overselling the generation or cost saving.

I ended up choosing Banana Solar even though they were about $700 more expensive than another top installer mainly on the strength of the interaction with Oscar.

I ended up buying two systems each with 19 x QCells Q.PEAK DUO G6+ (6.65kW with a Fronius Primo 5kW inverter and Solar Analytics for around $8,000,

However, the installation process was not as smooth as the sales process.

One of my mates who installs heaps of solar came around during the install and found the installers over-tightening the roof screws so that it deformed the roof sheet against the spec of the roofing manufacturer.

They put tonnes of silicon on the glands entering the isolators. The installer said that they were multihole glands, but this would be defected by an inspector.

Inappropriate material used for the saddles on the 25mm conduit. We are about 400m from Bondi Beach and I am 99% these will be rusted out within 6 months. Also screws used were not identified as C5, the racking manufacturer would hopefully spec upgraded screws for your proximity to the ocean.

The biggest issue was that the DC cables were not run in WS3X rated protection and within 50mm of the surface of the wall. AS3000.

I contacted the installer about all these issues and we still don't have a resolution on the defective saddles and DC cabling.

I found that the people installing were poor at communicating, and were not aware of many of the solar installation procedures. I think they use good quality panels and inverters but have skipped on BOS components - isolators and switchgear.

Hi Anthony,
Firstly thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback both positive and negative. I’d like to address some of the important points one by one below:

- Since talking to you about this review you would not provide any credentials for your mate who installs solar so we can’t be sure if this person is an electrician and solar accredited.

- I spoke to you about the over tightening of the roof screws on the day during the installation and this was rectified with no issues. Our team use the same setting on their tools and this has never been a problem before.

- We always use multi hole glands and we always add silicon to the glands going into rooftop isolators as rooftop isolators are known to be the main failure point for solar systems. The silicon we use is for extra protection against leaks and has never been defected.

- The saddles used were medium grade and again have never been defected and are covered under our 10 year workmanship warranty.

- The screws used are actually supplied my the racking manufacturer and again have never been defected and are covered under our 10 year workmanship warranty.

- The DC cable run is compliant within suitable protection and was run during construction of your property prior to panel installation as you are aware.

- For many of our installing team and wider company, English is their second language so we can understand that their communication may not be fluent. We have not had any negative feedback on their language ability in the past.

- Only one of the above issues had been raised by yourself prior to you leaving this review.

We have arranged via Solar Quotes to have the site inspected for defects by a qualified third party.

Very smooth process

The whole process was very smooth. The sales staff was able to take a drone photo of our roof so he knew exactly what type of roof we had and could work out the best position for the solar panels for our situation.

The installers were on time, polite and explained everything very well about where the conduits and cables would go.

After installation, I was pleased to get the recommendation of the best deal from an energy supplier and they provided a clear list of what needed to be done to get the energy out into the grid as well as into our home.