ECG Electrical

ECG Electrical Reviews

ECG Electrical is a Solar Power Installation company based in Canberra and serves ACT. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $4,498 - $8,700 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

ECG Electrical Reviews (181)

Great installer - seamless experience

The sales process was straight forward and to the point without any sales/marketing mumbo jumbo. The quote arrived within a few hours and contained all of the details required to make an informed decision.

The installation was seamless with the team arriving on time and finishing the job in record time. All interactions with the team were cordial and respectful as you would expect from professionals.

The follow up discussion was comprehensive and clear instructions were provided regarding grid connection.

In summary I would have no hesitation in recommending ECG Electrical for your solar needs.

Great customer support and efficient process

ECG was really helpful, from booking in a quote to post-installation support. They outlined all the steps really clearly, ensuring I understood options and made an educated decision. Great communication, easy installation. I'm really happy with my solar panels

Easy to work with, friendly and professional and a great price.

Quoting was quick and complete, and they were responsive and happy to discuss to changes. The team that installed the solar were polite and informative and on time.

Helpful and prompt

Sales and quoting was very informative. A little dearer than others but installation was prompt, courteous workers and cleaned uo adter themselves. The handover went smoothly too. Great experience

Original Review on 11-08-2020:

Really good customer service.

ECG was one of two companies that I received a quote from. To be fair, they took a while to contact me but when they did their service was really good. They visited the house and provided a very detailed quote. The other company quoted remotely via google maps. There was only a couple of hundred dollars difference in price and ECG was not the cheapest but are local so I went with them.

Installation day was busy with a number of tradies on sight. They turned up on time, worked all day and cleaned up after themselves. They did a quick handover and I was visited again the next day to have a more detailed explanation of everything installed.
Vary happy with the whole experience.

8 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has been better than I expected. I haven't had an electricity bill since install and in fact have made a credit of about $100 per quarter. This is a big turnaround from about $900 per quarter bill that I was receiving. Couldn't be happier.

ECG Electrical - Quote, Install & Support - Great company to deal with.

The process start with a phone call after submitting the solarquotes.com.au request. An appointment with the on-site sales person who arrived promptly and provided a short overview of what the system would provide and suggested solution based on the house position and the impact of our trees on the system.

Once we decided on using ECG Electrical and accepted the quote, a installation date was agreed. The installation team arrived on time and were very knowledgeable and great to work with.

the installation was completed in the time that was suggested and the system was turned on once all of the checks and balances were completed.

Once the install was complete Craig from ECG Electrical came in to explain how the system worked and to make sure that we had all of the features (app and website) setup and working.

In conclusion the whole experience was brilliant. The whole ECG Electrical team were professional and provided all of the support both at the quote, install and after sales stages.

From the initial quote to the install the team at ECG electrical were awesome. Great communication, installation was great and overall service was even better. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend ECG.

Highly recommend ECG as a solar installer.

We found ECG very professional throughout the process of deciding on components, price and installation.
ECG provided a competitive quote for the supply and installation of a quality system consisting of 6.6 kW Trina solar panels and GoodWe inverter. Quote was promptly provided following a site inspection. Installation was efficiently carried out with all rubbish removed from site.
A post inspection revealed there were some broken roof tiles, this was promptly rectified by ECG the following day.
ECG organise everything, including the grid connection.
Highly recommend!

Great experience

ECG Electrical have been a pleasure to deal with from the initial quote through to installation. They were professional and knowledgeable throughout, not at all pushy, and were patient with my many questions. Installation took place on date advised, and kept me informed on progress throughout the day. Explained the system operation thoroughly and all working extremely well so far.

Pleasant, professional, and reassuring

I found ECG very comfortable and easy to work with from the start. I never felt like I was being "sold to" and was glad the people involved in the inspections and quoting process were technicians, not sales reps.
The process from start to finish was stress free and all my (many) questions were answered promptly and happily. The install was done professionally and looks great, and ECG have great after-care and advice. Couldn't be happier.

ECG - An Excellent, Professional & Pain Free Install in the ACT

I do not normally write a review of companies but ECG is different - I would give them 6 out of 5 stars if I could.

We had 3 companies that where local to the ACT and knew the area and local install regulations.

We choose ECG a local company with an truly high 4.8 rating on the Solar quotes web site and they did not disappoint us and exceed our expectations.

They installed our 5.8kW solar panel system on our rear detached single level garage and then connected to the front of our double storey townhouse metre box.

The job was carried out with all wires placed inside heavy duty conduits for safety and all wires run thru the walls so that there are no conduits on the outside walls to be seen. Due to lack of space above the power board we used a Goodwe (GW5000D-NS) inverter and it is working like a dream. We decided to have a 5.8kw system with 15 x higher quality Hyundai (shingled) solar panels (HiE-S390VG) in all black and a solar analytics life time subscription. The all black was chosen for ascetics as we look down onto our solar panels and so do our nice neighbours.

The ECG installation team where on site on 24/03/2021 at 07:55am and did not leave until 17:00 when the system was working. They worker well with us and with each other - Stuart the electrician, went to a lot of trouble to make sure the job was extremely neat and well finished and checked from head to tail.

Next day Craig was on site to brief us on the system, safety shutdown procedure and the running of the Goodwe software and solar analytics.

The system is working extremely well and is according to the Solar Analytics software running above average for a system of this size - it is currently running at 140%. We are now waiting for the installation of the our Smart Metre so we can truly reduce our electricity bill and benefit from our investment. Happy Solarquotes & ECG Customer in the Gungahlin ACT

ECG Electrical recently completed our Solar installation in Canberra.

They turned up for the initial inspection on time and gave good advice on suitable systems. The quotes were very competitive and included a range of systems. Further questions were answered quickly and with respect. The installation date was set and they let us know everything would proceed on time before the day. The Electricians were good communicators and alerted us to some roofing issues that I wasn't aware of and needed repair before they would complete the job. Maybe other companies would not have alerted us so we are thankful that ECG Electrical did. After the roof issues were completed the team returned the next day to complete the job. The installation has been working really well so far in it's first week. The smart meter installation has been organised and that will be completed in about 3 weeks from the installation date.
Very impressed with the enthusiasm in the team, pride of workmanship and the communication from the managers has been first rate.

A very good system for a very good price.

Very prompt, informative and helpful service. A better system at a lower price than from other companies. Installation was on time and trouble free. The performance of the system since installation is fully meeting our expectations. I also appreciated the lack of any sales pressure or attempts to persuade from the representatives of this company.

Easy quoting and install process

All our dealings with ECG were good. All dealings with ECG were pleasant, punctual and the site was left clean and tidy. ECG have been very easy to deal with.

ECG very responsive, with a reasonable price for a quality system.

Sales / quote: very responsive
Installation: arrived as scheduled; quality install; answered questions. Fairly tidy.

Brilliant installation and advice

The decision to install solar was assisted enormously by the guidance, sound advice and experience of ECG Electrical. Their reps and their installers were efficient, knowledgeable and patient with us. The installation itself went as planned and was remarkably uneventful. ECG's warning about the addictiveness of its monitoring software has proven true and we waste a lot of time watching numbers on a screen go up and down! Would highly recomme3nd any who are hesitating to get solar on and for those on the ACT region, strongly recommend ECG. We are much less complimentary about the local wholesale distributor, Essential Energy, who are slow and rather rigid in their requirements regarding connecting solar to their managed grid.

ECG were excellent.

Excellent, straightforward advice and service. The quote was clear and a very reasonable price, the advice they provided was practical and specific to our needs, and the installation went ahead without a hitch. We would absolutely recommend ECG.

Highly recommend

I got three quotes. ECG had by far the best price for a quality 6.6kw system with 5kw fronius inverter and smart meter.. They were the only quote which included removing an old foxtel dish and moving a whirl bird so my system would not be affected by their shade. They also didn't need to do additional expensive work on my meter like other companies said I needed.

The installation team were a pleasure to deal with. Very professional and extremely helpful. They noticed and replaced two broken tiles on my roof too.

The whole process from quote to install has been awesome. I had a small glitch with my power shortly after install and they responded immediately resolving the matter within an hour.

On a sunny day my system is producing the maximum 5kw for most of the day.

I would not hesitate to recommend ECG.

Easy and effective

Was extremely happy with ECG Electrical. Very happy with the solar system we have and it is working perfectly.

ECG Solar electrical - Very polite, professional, prompt and reliable. 5 out of 5 Star Recommendation.

ECG Solar electrical - Very polite, professional, prompt and reliable. 5 out of 5 Star recommendation.

ECG Solar Electrical were referred by Finn from Solarquotes and we are very happy with the system installed. A big thank you to SolarQuotes. We spoke with Craig, one of the owners and once he knew our requirements he arranged for Eamon (another owner) to email us the same day with a design and quote and 2 options. Eamon analysed the optimum system for our roof and showed that a north and east panel position was more optimal and cheaper than a north, east and west installation.

Once we agreed to proceed and paid our deposit to ECG everything went with out a hiccup.

The large work team turned up first thing on the morning they advised and installed the system that day and had everything up and running. All the electrical conduits were installed out of sight behind walls and under the roof. The work men were courteous and happy to answer any questions about the installation and didn’t mind me as the peanut gallery, purely watching the installation out of interest. All the boxes and bits of wire and framing were cleaned up and removed from the site.

The system worked perfectly from installation.

We went with the online analysis system provided by Fronius. We were shown the Solar Analytics online system recommended by Finn from SolarQuotes but agreed with ECG that the Fronius system had better solar production and consumption visuals.

Craig from ECG followed up the installation a few days later and we were left with an Owners Manual with all the specs. and warranties.

We would not hesitate to highly recommend ECG Solar Electrical. We have already referred them to our interested neighbors. ECG were very helpful, prompt and reliable from the initial quote through to installation and handover.

Solar Quotes and ECG electrical - Highly recommended

I don't like using referral sites but Solar Quotes was very well presented and it made sense to me that it was the right place to get good information. We used ECG solar and from the quote to the after sales service they have provided a first class service and I highly recommend them.

Excellent customer service

ECG were very helpful, prompt and reliable from the initial quote through to installation and grid connection. Our system is now up and running beautifully.

Easy from quote to installation

Very happy. A very good value system. Installed on the date promised.

Fantastic installation

The installer was responsive, did what they promised and were great value for money.

Original Review on 03-07-2020:

Very good installation and great overall experience

Sales quoting was very good and competitive the install was very good and the installers were very tidy and arrived on time
Customer service was excellent and everything was organised for the grid connection
A very good experience with a worry free service

8 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes and we are starting to see real savings on our energy cost

ECG were very good and accomodating with my requests

Quotes, install and customer service was all very good. Time will tell how the system performs

Very happy to date with ECG Elec

Excellent from start to finish

The guys at ECG Electrical are genuine and honest with their quoting, they make sure you don't buy anything you don't need. They had a great lead in time of 2 weeks from quote to install and turned up everytime at the time they said.
The install went seamless and the quality exceeded my expectations. Very neat and tidy. The handover of the system was very thorough and overall the customer service was excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend these guys to anyone in the ACT, they are truly the best.

Professional

Absolutely no problems. Best configuration of panels, nice tradies, smooth process. Even our ancient power system was ok.

Great customer service

ECG Electrical were very responsive. I got a quote on January 4 and had solar installed by February 17. Friendly salespeople, quick installation. It's only been a week since installation but so far so good. Price was higher than the lowest quote but price isn't everything.

Excellent Overall

Entire process was very good. The quote was competitive, the install appointment made within a week from paying the first part-payment. Installers were very good/professional. Final handover was also really good and explained everything. This is the third day after the install - so far very happy with it all.

fantastic work!

We were very impressed with the level of professionalism at all stages of the process. It was seamless and stress free.
Installation was fantastic. Seamless work, no conduits visible which was very impressive as this was technically challenging to achieve.

Electrician and his team were awesome.

Customer service throughout was excellent.

We highly recommend ECG solar.

Very happy with ECG

ECG were great, very thorough from quote to installation, they did everything involved including registering warranties, grid connection, smart meter and set up the tracking app. Very professional team would recommend, we are very happy with our system. Thanls to solar quotes we were armed with the right info and questions to ask.

Fantastic company

Im an act builder.. I previously used a different company, all 3 jobs were screwed, leaking, tin roof looked like there had hail damage, charging extra when jobs completed ect.... I got in contact with ECG through reposit after I got rid of the other people. They helped me get the jobs/issues sorted, great customer service. Always on time and sorted it out quickly and professionally.... what a wonderful team they have...

Brilliant service and prices

Great service, prices and an easy process. Really appreciate their attention to detail, post-sales service and willingness to go above and beyond. Three of my neighbours have since installed solar through this company (ECG) since!

Good quality and service

The installers were punctual, polite, tidy and followed up with any queries. They helped with the grid connection and advised on the use of the App.

Original Review on 29-05-2020:

Good value

Prompt, knowledgeable, efficient & friendly. The whole team kept us informed at all stages. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Barry: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We are very happy with the performance of our solar system.

A great experience with a positive outcome

Our installer was the second cheapest quote from the three, and the only one that made a site visit at the time they promised, providing options to choose from and answered all my questions. Initially the quote was for 17 panels and the others had quoted for 18 panels. I inquired if they could find the space for the additional panel, which they did and a new quote was provided. The cost of one additional panel was negligible to the overall price.

Prior to the scheduled installation date I was advised that the original panels were not available and was provided with a choice of waiting for the agreed panels or accepting an alternate more expensive panel at no extra cost. The alternate panels were also Tier 1 and had a better efficiency so it was an easy choice and one I was happy to make.

Issues discussed with our installer that might assist others were:
- Microinverters or string inverter. Our roof has two areas for panels facing N and NW and there are no shading issues. Microinverters would have been an additional cost for potentially only a small gain.
- Monitoring System. When considering if you want the additional cost, investigate what the inverter and also the energy company can provide (as well as a portable energy monitor). It might be more convenient to monitor current consumption/production but I can monitor daily consumption/production for previous days and can see the impact of turning on appliances (as long as I have made a note of when it was turned on). The installer provided access to the SEMS portal prior to acceptance of the quote enabling me view the functionality of demonstration solar (and battery) systems. My energy retailer provided no detail of what to expect and I have only got access a month after the install. I have included two screenshots. The inverter portal shows solar production (but not how much has been consumed/exported), the retailer portal shows hourly consumption and solar power exported with access to a CSV file providing all the figures.
- 3 Phase Power. The house had 3 phase power when we bought it and retained it when it was rewired during a renovation. No one seems to believe it until they look at the switchboard. I wanted to explore the potential to have more than two arrays and increase the amount being exported. In the end, there was insufficient space on the roof for more than 18 panels so we agreed to the two arrays and 5kW string inverter.

Installation was completed in a single day, the process was very efficient and I had a demonstration of the inverter app on the same day.

I have had to restart my wireless router twice since the install and noticed that the inverter takes a long time to reconnect (can be up to an hour). Was concerned the first time but it does get there and it clearly retains all the power generation data when not connected.

Excellent service from the first contact.

The quote came quickly and was competitive. The work was completed on time with minimal interruption. Craig and Eammon helped with all aspects of the installation and connection.

Fast, efficient and friendly!

From the moment the salesperson sat down with me to discuss my requirements, I had confidence in ECG - and I was not disappointed. The system was installed in less than a day and everyone on the job was friendly and efficient. They made sure I understood how to make the most of the system, and the after sales service was great as well! Thank you Finn for this amazing service, and of course thank you ECG for a great experience!

Informed salesperson

Awaiting install soon, salesperson/electrician came out and was able to answer all of our questions confidently and in a manner that was easy to understand. Very friendly too.

Completely satisfied

The team from ECG were excellent. The initial appointment was easy, the quote came when they said, and follow up questions were answered promptly. When we finally gave the go ahead, confirmation came quickly - there was a hiccough with the supply of panels but an alternative was offered at no extra cost. An installation date was set and the guys turned up on time and got the job done in super quick time even after having to make a minor modification on the run which was no problem. They even replaced a couple of broken roof tiles I didn’t know about - just because they were up there and were happy to help out. When I got home from work, I couldn’t tell they’d been; there was no mess! They set us up on the app and the system seems to be working full blast, no problems.
I’m happy to recommend ECG for their professional and efficient operation.

A professional quality company

These guys were a pleasure to deal with and Callum came to my house to quote and was easy to ask questions about all things solar.

The day of the install they all showed up on time and got to work quickly and efficiently without leaving any mess behind.

The next day, being a Saturday, Eric came to my house and setup the inverter and Fronius App with me which was very helpful and by the time he left everything was humming along nicely and has been since.

My electricity provider has yet to setup my smart meter which should be soon hopefully.

The only small downside of the experience with ECG is that email communication was a bit inconsistent but by telephone they were very helpful to deal with.

Overall I'd highly recommend them for the Canberra region.

Great Team

ECG Electrical have been an excellent team to work with from getting a quote right through to the post sales service.
They have been prompt and if a change in timing contacted us as soon as possible.
The sales team were friendly and knowledgeable and provided a quote to suit our needs.
The installation team were very professional and kept us update date through the process on the day and only interrupted our supply once when they connected the solar to the grid.
The ECG electrical did the liaison with the ACTew and ACT Govt for post install inspection.
Also the team have been helpful when after the new meter install there was a flashing light on the inverter indicating the router fault. The talked me through a process and also organised a member of the team to contact me if the process hadn’t worked. The system is now up and running as designed.
Thanks to the ECG team for your service.

Happy customer

Of the quotes we got ECG was a little more expensive. Other the other side, they were always polite and someone answered the phone every time I called. They arrived on due day at the time agreed. Staff were all super polite and worked efficiently. They allowed me to watch their work as I was interested being a trades person myself & they took the time to answer my questions. They went the extra mile swapping out a few damaged tiles while they were at it! The solar panels used had to be different from those quoted. I had a call to assure me I was being upgraded, not duded! Nice people to deal with, have already recommended them to others! Monitoring the system, it’s performing well even in low light!

Amazing experience

Craig and the team at ECG did an amazing job

Reliable, courteous installers

The team at ECG Electrical arrived on time, were very professional and courteous. The original quotation design couldn't quite fit on our roof, but only by a single panel.
We had a personal preference for the inverter location that was quite a distance from the panels. The team was happy to accommodate our request, with a good explanation of why alternate locations would be better.
The work was finished in under a day, and the job site was left neat and clean.
They connected the inverter to our home network, and gave us a walkthrough of the monitoring app. They also organised the smart meter request for us.
Very happy.

Great service & product. The team were awesome to deal with.

I am happy with all aspects of the service. Great service & product. The team were awesome to deal with.

Great all round customer experience

Two representatives called to do an inspection and quote. They were very personable and knowledgeable. After receiving the quotation I sent numerous follow-up emails asking questions which they answered very promptly. The installation went seamlessly. The team arrived at the time they advised 7:30 am and were finished and the system generating electricity by 3:30 pm The installation team were courteous, hard working and did a fantastic job. They only broke 2 roof tiles and replaced them with spares I’d provided. Talking to friends who’d had other companies install their systems they experienced a lot more breakages. One of the management team called around the following day to provide information on the operation of the system and to ensure we were comfortable with using the application that monitors the system. As part of their service ECG will monitor the system during its life to ensure ongoing efficiency. ECG also organised connection to the grid. I would highly recommend ECG to anyone wanting to install a solar system.

Approachable, efficient.

Explained all components in understandable language.
Price competitive.
Prompt installation time.
Installing team competent, efficient, polite, helpful, and tidy.
Follow up service amazing.
Totally recommend ECG.

Happy customer

Quoting was prompt and thorough, and all the team were good to deal with, considerate and knew what they were doing.
I really can’t suggest anything they could do better.