ECG Electrical

ECG Electrical Reviews

ECG Electrical is a Solar Power Installation company based in Canberra and serves ACT. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $4,498 - $7,800 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

ECG Electrical Reviews (195)

On time, courteous, informative

Quotes service was quick and courteous.

Installation went smoothly. Arrive on time, very efficient.

Customer service exceptional. Identified an issue in my electrical system and were quick to inform me. Proceeded with professionalism and expertise. In process of organising grid connection.

I highly recommended ECG Electrical team

Great service, very happy with installation

Great service and installation was quick and very well done. Could not be happier with the whole process.

Original Review on 24-12-2020:

Informed salesperson

Awaiting install soon, salesperson/electrician came out and was able to answer all of our questions confidently and in a manner that was easy to understand. Very friendly too. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Ross: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, it's performing well.

Original Review on 09-12-2020:

Great service & product. The team were awesome to deal with.

I am happy with all aspects of the service. Great service & product. The team were awesome to deal with. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Derek: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, very happy with the system & installer.

All round great experience

From sales to installation they de bunked all the techno speak so I could make a decision on what suited my small property and at a budget that suited me.

Great installation and follow up service

The quoting process was very good all my questions were well addressed. Documentation was good and easy to understand.

Installation was on the agreed date no delays, very efficient and professional.

Arrangements have been made for new smart metering to be installed including grid connect by ActewAGL and required ACT Government system inspections.

After sales service has been excellent. There has been an issue with the Redback battery system which is being addressed in a timely and efficient manner.

Original Review on 27-11-2020:

Great all round customer experience

Two representatives called to do an inspection and quote. They were very personable and knowledgeable. After receiving the quotation I sent numerous follow-up emails asking questions which they answered very promptly. The installation went seamlessly. The team arrived at the time they advised 7:30 am and were finished and the system generating electricity by 3:30 pm The installation team were courteous, hard working and did a fantastic job. They only broke 2 roof tiles and replaced them with spares I’d provided. Talking to friends who’d had other companies install their systems they experienced a lot more breakages. One of the management team called around the following day to provide information on the operation of the system and to ensure we were comfortable with using the application that monitors the system. As part of their service ECG will monitor the system during its life to ensure ongoing efficiency. ECG also organised connection to the grid. I would highly recommend ECG to anyone wanting to install a solar system. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Stuart: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

So far I haven't paid for electricity since the system was installed last November. This is wonderful seeing we are using three inverter air-conditioners to heat the house. I anticipate having to pay $200 to $300 next bill but for 12 months that's pretty fantastic. With the coming year, as we should be generating a good amount electricity during September and October, i image next year's outcome could even be better.

Professional Installation

The ECG Company rep attended site to inspect my property before providing their quote. He was punctual, professional & had good industry & product knowledge. I opted to include the Enviroheat heat pump HWS with my solar installation. ECG arranged for all supply & installation details with this unit also.

The solar system & HWS installation were hampered by inclement weather on install day, but the ECG team persevered for as long as possible, until they were forced to abandon for the day. Their supervisor communicated well with me for their return to complete the install.
The installation was very tidy with no surface conduits, & the site was cleaned of all packaging & excess materials on their completion. ECG also organised for the local authority to install the new smart meter.
The commissioning & handover were also done in a friendly & professional manner, with the solar products & associated equipment details, & the company's details, all provided in a bound manual handed to me after the commissioning.

My experience with ECG Electrical was very positive. Their 'end to end' approach was smooth & trouble free.

Original Review on 15-11-2020:

Approachable, efficient.

Explained all components in understandable language.
Price competitive.
Prompt installation time.
Installing team competent, efficient, polite, helpful, and tidy.
Follow up service amazing.
Totally recommend ECG.

8 months later we asked Peter and Vlasta : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Has exceeded my expectations

Great experience, fast quote and efficient installation.

Friendly team, good price, lots of information and easy installation process. Very happy with our system and would definitely recommend.

Excellent people to deal with, I'm a happy customer

They are professional, easy to deal with. I would recommend ECG to my friend.

Friendly, straightforward, straight talking, honest.

The process wad remarkably simple.
Other suppliers had quoted me their online special for an install, but I knew there were too many variables on my property.

ECG actually came out and inspected and came up with a viable plan of attack.

Within a couple of weeks it was done and dusted.
The install was exceptionally neat and they even helped with a couple of other minor electrical issues while on site.
Definitely recommend.

I recommended this company to a friend

I think the title sums it up.
ECG electrical is a locally-based company.
They have good experience in solar installation.
I was able to discuss my requirements with an knowledgable electrician, as distinct from a salesperson.
The installation was done in a very professional manner.
After 2 months or so, the installation seems to be working flawlessly.
This is not a criticism of the company but potential home installers should be aware that the clever little apps that estimate how many panels will fit on your roof are not very accurate. In my case, we were able to solve this discrepancy in a very satisfactory manner.

ECG Electrical Solar Installation

Quote and sales were excellent. Installation was on time (early in fact) and tidy. ECG organised the electricity provider to install a new smart meter and master switch.

Great installers, proficient and knowledgeable

Cailin home visited and listened to what I wanted and explained a very good knowledge of the products he recommended suitable for my requirements., including a needed new hot water system. Quote followed in email with detailed breakdown and easy online access upon agreement and payment of an up front deposit. Equally easy online payment available upon completion.

The installation was carried out by a competent team of really nice guys keeping me in the picture all the time. On time, and completed on the day. They organised everything needed and a check through with
inverter and access to website. 12 mths free panel cleaning and system check.

Clear and expert advice

ECG knew their stuff inside and out, provided much more detailed and accurate modelling of production, knew the wiring of my complex and everything. Once I accepted the quote, they were quick to organise an installation date and pull everything together.

ECG Electrical - Best service we've had in Canberra across all trades

We recently had Solar Panels installed by the team from ECG Electrical. From quote to install and follow up service call, the team were nothing but the most professional. Great communication throughout, friendly, understanding, responsive and, did I say professional! Best service we've had in Canberra across all trades. 5 stars from us.
Thanks ECG team and Solar Quotes

Flexible and Skilled

The team at ECG were the stand-out winners in our selection process. They answered all of our questions during the quotation process, and made suggestions where they thought necessary. We presented them with a few “curly ones” which were answered clearly and thoroughly.

Installation team arrived on time. The installation process was interrupted due to rain, so a rebooking made for just a few days later. Amazing considering the lead time for installations, as a whole. The actual installation met a few few challenges (no fault on ECG’s part), and these were managed well, and without cost to us.

After completion, worksite was left spotlessly clean, and system was fully explained to us.

Great installer - seamless experience

The sales process was straight forward and to the point without any sales/marketing mumbo jumbo. The quote arrived within a few hours and contained all of the details required to make an informed decision.

The installation was seamless with the team arriving on time and finishing the job in record time. All interactions with the team were cordial and respectful as you would expect from professionals.

The follow up discussion was comprehensive and clear instructions were provided regarding grid connection.

In summary I would have no hesitation in recommending ECG Electrical for your solar needs.

Great customer support and efficient process

ECG was really helpful, from booking in a quote to post-installation support. They outlined all the steps really clearly, ensuring I understood options and made an educated decision. Great communication, easy installation. I'm really happy with my solar panels

Easy to work with, friendly and professional and a great price.

Quoting was quick and complete, and they were responsive and happy to discuss to changes. The team that installed the solar were polite and informative and on time.

Helpful and prompt

Sales and quoting was very informative. A little dearer than others but installation was prompt, courteous workers and cleaned uo adter themselves. The handover went smoothly too. Great experience

Original Review on 11-08-2020:

Really good customer service.

ECG was one of two companies that I received a quote from. To be fair, they took a while to contact me but when they did their service was really good. They visited the house and provided a very detailed quote. The other company quoted remotely via google maps. There was only a couple of hundred dollars difference in price and ECG was not the cheapest but are local so I went with them.

Installation day was busy with a number of tradies on sight. They turned up on time, worked all day and cleaned up after themselves. They did a quick handover and I was visited again the next day to have a more detailed explanation of everything installed.
Vary happy with the whole experience.

8 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has been better than I expected. I haven't had an electricity bill since install and in fact have made a credit of about $100 per quarter. This is a big turnaround from about $900 per quarter bill that I was receiving. Couldn't be happier.

ECG Electrical - Quote, Install & Support - Great company to deal with.

The process start with a phone call after submitting the solarquotes.com.au request. An appointment with the on-site sales person who arrived promptly and provided a short overview of what the system would provide and suggested solution based on the house position and the impact of our trees on the system.

Once we decided on using ECG Electrical and accepted the quote, a installation date was agreed. The installation team arrived on time and were very knowledgeable and great to work with.

the installation was completed in the time that was suggested and the system was turned on once all of the checks and balances were completed.

Once the install was complete Craig from ECG Electrical came in to explain how the system worked and to make sure that we had all of the features (app and website) setup and working.

In conclusion the whole experience was brilliant. The whole ECG Electrical team were professional and provided all of the support both at the quote, install and after sales stages.

From the initial quote to the install the team at ECG electrical were awesome. Great communication, installation was great and overall service was even better. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend ECG.

Highly recommend ECG as a solar installer.

We found ECG very professional throughout the process of deciding on components, price and installation.
ECG provided a competitive quote for the supply and installation of a quality system consisting of 6.6 kW Trina solar panels and GoodWe inverter. Quote was promptly provided following a site inspection. Installation was efficiently carried out with all rubbish removed from site.
A post inspection revealed there were some broken roof tiles, this was promptly rectified by ECG the following day.
ECG organise everything, including the grid connection.
Highly recommend!

Great experience

ECG Electrical have been a pleasure to deal with from the initial quote through to installation. They were professional and knowledgeable throughout, not at all pushy, and were patient with my many questions. Installation took place on date advised, and kept me informed on progress throughout the day. Explained the system operation thoroughly and all working extremely well so far.

Pleasant, professional, and reassuring

I found ECG very comfortable and easy to work with from the start. I never felt like I was being "sold to" and was glad the people involved in the inspections and quoting process were technicians, not sales reps.
The process from start to finish was stress free and all my (many) questions were answered promptly and happily. The install was done professionally and looks great, and ECG have great after-care and advice. Couldn't be happier.

ECG - An Excellent, Professional & Pain Free Install in the ACT

I do not normally write a review of companies but ECG is different - I would give them 6 out of 5 stars if I could.

We had 3 companies that where local to the ACT and knew the area and local install regulations.

We choose ECG a local company with an truly high 4.8 rating on the Solar quotes web site and they did not disappoint us and exceed our expectations.

They installed our 5.8kW solar panel system on our rear detached single level garage and then connected to the front of our double storey townhouse metre box.

The job was carried out with all wires placed inside heavy duty conduits for safety and all wires run thru the walls so that there are no conduits on the outside walls to be seen. Due to lack of space above the power board we used a Goodwe (GW5000D-NS) inverter and it is working like a dream. We decided to have a 5.8kw system with 15 x higher quality Hyundai (shingled) solar panels (HiE-S390VG) in all black and a solar analytics life time subscription. The all black was chosen for ascetics as we look down onto our solar panels and so do our nice neighbours.

The ECG installation team where on site on 24/03/2021 at 07:55am and did not leave until 17:00 when the system was working. They worker well with us and with each other - Stuart the electrician, went to a lot of trouble to make sure the job was extremely neat and well finished and checked from head to tail.

Next day Craig was on site to brief us on the system, safety shutdown procedure and the running of the Goodwe software and solar analytics.

The system is working extremely well and is according to the Solar Analytics software running above average for a system of this size - it is currently running at 140%. We are now waiting for the installation of the our Smart Metre so we can truly reduce our electricity bill and benefit from our investment. Happy Solarquotes & ECG Customer in the Gungahlin ACT

ECG Electrical recently completed our Solar installation in Canberra.

They turned up for the initial inspection on time and gave good advice on suitable systems. The quotes were very competitive and included a range of systems. Further questions were answered quickly and with respect. The installation date was set and they let us know everything would proceed on time before the day. The Electricians were good communicators and alerted us to some roofing issues that I wasn't aware of and needed repair before they would complete the job. Maybe other companies would not have alerted us so we are thankful that ECG Electrical did. After the roof issues were completed the team returned the next day to complete the job. The installation has been working really well so far in it's first week. The smart meter installation has been organised and that will be completed in about 3 weeks from the installation date.
Very impressed with the enthusiasm in the team, pride of workmanship and the communication from the managers has been first rate.

A very good system for a very good price.

Very prompt, informative and helpful service. A better system at a lower price than from other companies. Installation was on time and trouble free. The performance of the system since installation is fully meeting our expectations. I also appreciated the lack of any sales pressure or attempts to persuade from the representatives of this company.

Easy quoting and install process

All our dealings with ECG were good. All dealings with ECG were pleasant, punctual and the site was left clean and tidy. ECG have been very easy to deal with.

ECG very responsive, with a reasonable price for a quality system.

Sales / quote: very responsive
Installation: arrived as scheduled; quality install; answered questions. Fairly tidy.

Brilliant installation and advice

The decision to install solar was assisted enormously by the guidance, sound advice and experience of ECG Electrical. Their reps and their installers were efficient, knowledgeable and patient with us. The installation itself went as planned and was remarkably uneventful. ECG's warning about the addictiveness of its monitoring software has proven true and we waste a lot of time watching numbers on a screen go up and down! Would highly recomme3nd any who are hesitating to get solar on and for those on the ACT region, strongly recommend ECG. We are much less complimentary about the local wholesale distributor, Essential Energy, who are slow and rather rigid in their requirements regarding connecting solar to their managed grid.

ECG were excellent.

Excellent, straightforward advice and service. The quote was clear and a very reasonable price, the advice they provided was practical and specific to our needs, and the installation went ahead without a hitch. We would absolutely recommend ECG.

Highly recommend

I got three quotes. ECG had by far the best price for a quality 6.6kw system with 5kw fronius inverter and smart meter.. They were the only quote which included removing an old foxtel dish and moving a whirl bird so my system would not be affected by their shade. They also didn't need to do additional expensive work on my meter like other companies said I needed.

The installation team were a pleasure to deal with. Very professional and extremely helpful. They noticed and replaced two broken tiles on my roof too.

The whole process from quote to install has been awesome. I had a small glitch with my power shortly after install and they responded immediately resolving the matter within an hour.

On a sunny day my system is producing the maximum 5kw for most of the day.

I would not hesitate to recommend ECG.

Easy and effective

Was extremely happy with ECG Electrical. Very happy with the solar system we have and it is working perfectly.

ECG Solar electrical - Very polite, professional, prompt and reliable. 5 out of 5 Star Recommendation.

ECG Solar electrical - Very polite, professional, prompt and reliable. 5 out of 5 Star recommendation.

ECG Solar Electrical were referred by Finn from Solarquotes and we are very happy with the system installed. A big thank you to SolarQuotes. We spoke with Craig, one of the owners and once he knew our requirements he arranged for Eamon (another owner) to email us the same day with a design and quote and 2 options. Eamon analysed the optimum system for our roof and showed that a north and east panel position was more optimal and cheaper than a north, east and west installation.

Once we agreed to proceed and paid our deposit to ECG everything went with out a hiccup.

The large work team turned up first thing on the morning they advised and installed the system that day and had everything up and running. All the electrical conduits were installed out of sight behind walls and under the roof. The work men were courteous and happy to answer any questions about the installation and didn’t mind me as the peanut gallery, purely watching the installation out of interest. All the boxes and bits of wire and framing were cleaned up and removed from the site.

The system worked perfectly from installation.

We went with the online analysis system provided by Fronius. We were shown the Solar Analytics online system recommended by Finn from SolarQuotes but agreed with ECG that the Fronius system had better solar production and consumption visuals.

Craig from ECG followed up the installation a few days later and we were left with an Owners Manual with all the specs. and warranties.

We would not hesitate to highly recommend ECG Solar Electrical. We have already referred them to our interested neighbors. ECG were very helpful, prompt and reliable from the initial quote through to installation and handover.

Solar Quotes and ECG electrical - Highly recommended

I don't like using referral sites but Solar Quotes was very well presented and it made sense to me that it was the right place to get good information. We used ECG solar and from the quote to the after sales service they have provided a first class service and I highly recommend them.

Excellent customer service

ECG were very helpful, prompt and reliable from the initial quote through to installation and grid connection. Our system is now up and running beautifully.

Easy from quote to installation

Very happy. A very good value system. Installed on the date promised.

Fantastic installation

The installer was responsive, did what they promised and were great value for money.

Original Review on 03-07-2020:

Very good installation and great overall experience

Sales quoting was very good and competitive the install was very good and the installers were very tidy and arrived on time
Customer service was excellent and everything was organised for the grid connection
A very good experience with a worry free service

8 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes and we are starting to see real savings on our energy cost

ECG were very good and accomodating with my requests

Quotes, install and customer service was all very good. Time will tell how the system performs

Very happy to date with ECG Elec

Excellent from start to finish

The guys at ECG Electrical are genuine and honest with their quoting, they make sure you don't buy anything you don't need. They had a great lead in time of 2 weeks from quote to install and turned up everytime at the time they said.
The install went seamless and the quality exceeded my expectations. Very neat and tidy. The handover of the system was very thorough and overall the customer service was excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend these guys to anyone in the ACT, they are truly the best.

Professional

Absolutely no problems. Best configuration of panels, nice tradies, smooth process. Even our ancient power system was ok.

Great customer service

ECG Electrical were very responsive. I got a quote on January 4 and had solar installed by February 17. Friendly salespeople, quick installation. It's only been a week since installation but so far so good. Price was higher than the lowest quote but price isn't everything.

Excellent Overall

Entire process was very good. The quote was competitive, the install appointment made within a week from paying the first part-payment. Installers were very good/professional. Final handover was also really good and explained everything. This is the third day after the install - so far very happy with it all.

fantastic work!

We were very impressed with the level of professionalism at all stages of the process. It was seamless and stress free.
Installation was fantastic. Seamless work, no conduits visible which was very impressive as this was technically challenging to achieve.

Electrician and his team were awesome.

Customer service throughout was excellent.

We highly recommend ECG solar.

Very happy with ECG

ECG were great, very thorough from quote to installation, they did everything involved including registering warranties, grid connection, smart meter and set up the tracking app. Very professional team would recommend, we are very happy with our system. Thanls to solar quotes we were armed with the right info and questions to ask.