Innovate Energy

Innovate Energy Reviews

Innovate Energy is a locally owned and operated business, supplying the South Coast and Illawarra in NSW with all their solar energy needs. Based in Nowra, our on-site showroom and office allows you to really be a part of the whole solar experience.

Our experienced team of qualified electricians, solar experts and administration staff are specifically hand-picked to form a superstar team who are fully equipped to answer all your solar and electrical questions and guide you through your solar installation without worry. All our staff are locals, who live around the Shoalhaven and Illawarra, know the area, know the environment and know the local people.

We, at Innovate Energy, pride ourselves on our customer service and our personal, individualized approach to all solar installations. We make sure you are taken care of, that your solar installation is tailored to meet and suit your needs – because we take care of everything.

Our passion for solar and clean energy is evident in the work we produce and within our workplace. We strive to provide our customers with high quality solar products and the best up-to-date knowledge, which is why our staff engage in regular training with industry professionals to ensure they know exactly what and when something is changing within the solar energy world. Our goal is to help as many people reach their solar dreams while reduce greenhouse gas emissions and our dependence on fossil fuels - the ultimate goal for us all!

Reviewers report paying: $3,900 - $6,938 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Innovate Energy Reviews (87)

Innovate Energy - Why would you go elsewhere...

From the get go the team answered all questions, explained positives and negatives, gave options and alternatives. This was done in a timely manner, including the installation [within about 7-10 days of signing].

Team attended site, went through what was going to happen. Listened to my questions. Worked around my wifes work schedule to be able to cut power for the install so she could still work from home without interuption. Nothing left behind, no mess, no rubbish and other than the panels being on the roof you would not know they were here.

So far this has been a great process.

Excellent all round

Really good company fit me in within a week or so with a cancellation, perfect install.

Good service, best price, seamless installation

First of all, we hesitated to include Innovate Energy in our decision making process as they did not immediately come to our house to talk through options. Our first connection was a phone call and from that call, they sent through a quote for a variety of systems.

However, after talking to three other companies and reviewing IE’s quotes (much cheaper for similar product) we felt compelled to contact them to talk further. We are so pleased we did this as the experience from then on was perfect. We questioned their cheaper quote and it was explained they had recently reduced the price of the panels to boost sales. Fair enough.

Installation was soon after, the very next day after that they sent all required information to our electricity provider and we are now enjoying using “our” electricity and hopefully we will soon see benefits on our electricity bills.

Competitive price and great customer service

Quick and easy to contact with great service. Tyson was very helpful and responded quickly to all questions. Competitive price and very quick install!

Tabourie install

Competitive pricing communication was great and the install was well done couldn’t ask for more.

Professional Local Installation

The installation was undertaken on the scheduled day. The installation team was efficient with panel installation on the roof being undertaken while the inverter and cabling was being installed. A neat and tidy job. Well done!

Innovate Energy organised the new connection with a smart meter to the grid with Origin. Origin has made contact with me to organise a date to install the new meter. I am currently waiting for the smart meters to be installed and the consumption monitoring to be established.

Very Good Installation

The 8.88kw solar system installation was neat and proficiently done.

Installation and Service

Installation went very well. Tradesmen were polite, tidy and punctual.

Proper Job

excellent to deal with, no fuss, efficient install with good people. grid connection organised by innovate pending.
I have recommended innovate and solar quotes to friends

Hassle free installation

From the very first contact to the final install and connection the experience was hassle free. The sales people were not pushy, just very respectful and answered all my questions.

My husband is quite picky with details, but even he could not fault the installation. The installers turned up exactly when they said they would and even when interrupted by wet weather the installation was quick and painless.

Highly recommended.

On time, knowledgeable and friendly

Quoting process very easy and my needs discussed and listened too. For example, both a 'top of the range' and 'next best' quote was provided.

I was reminded the day before installation via SMS. Installers arrived on time and were very friendly. The location of the panes and invertor were confirmed. The wrong invertor had been packed (which was picked up by the installer), however, this was not a problem as a swap over was arranged while the panels were being installed so no delay resulted.

Isolation of the system and some of the functions of the invertor were explained to me but no booklet or information was left in regard to operating instructions. I did have to go online myself and download the manufactures documents. I asked about grid connection and was told the meter would need to be updated.

Original Review on 20-07-2020:

Quick and efficient job

Two of the three recommended solar installers contacted me and each had a site inspection within a week of notification by Solarquotes.
The Canberra-based installer made no contact with me.
Both local companies explained and provided comprehensive quotes. I decided to accept Innovate Energy’s quote as it was a few hundred dollars cheaper for the same system inverter and panels.
Luckily Innovate had a cancellation of an already booked installation so that my job was substituted and completed within a week of accepting the quote! This was definitely quick service.
The only additional unexpected cost was about $200 for a WIFI extender to communicate with the Fronius inverter.

8 months later we asked Martin: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system, together with a more “solar friendly” electricity supply plan, has delivered the expected outcome i.e. cost neutral electricity

Original Review on 19-07-2020:

No Problems

I was quite impressed with the speed of installation after accepting the quote. The boys work hard and everything that was promised was done. I have no complaints. So far the system is running well. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Robert: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Couldn't be happier

Great experience from getting a quote to the final installation. Prices were very competitive even compared to the Sydney suppliers. Installers turned up early in the allocated day, were well mannered and respectful, and were done by mid afternoon. We would highly recommend Innovate.

Amazing all round

Initial contact was quick and quoting was done within a couple of days. Installers were happy to answer any questions, friendly and courteous and the job was done in a timely manner.

Efficient and focussed.

InnovateEnergy provided me with two quotes, one of them with the higher spec’d inverter and panels. The quotes were received in a timely manner and the sales team answered all my questions.
The installation was very streamlined and surprisingly quick. The two techs who did the install were extremely focussed and very efficient. They commenced at around 8 am and we finished by 1:30 pm. A very impressive effort given the amount of work required. The most satisfying moment was seeing my meter turning in reverse as soon as the system was switched on. Overall, extremely satisfied with the whole process from quote to install.

Happy Customer

Quick install from quote. Install team friendly and efficient. Admin very helpful

Excellent install by Innovate Energy

Sales person helpful and provided a system to suit our needs. Office people helpful and quick to respond, installers turned up on time and completed the work by lunchtime in all happy with the service

Very solar satisfied

Innovate Energy Nowra
We're professional, courteous, and extremely helpful in assisting us With our choice in solar products as well as keeping us informed of the expected cost of power savings with a scaled graphic.
The accredited installers were all exceptional, turning up on time, explaining what they were doing and cleaning up upon completion.
Overall we are very very satisfied that we had Innovate Energy Nowra supply and install our solar system

Great customer service

After being given the run around by another local installer, I took a chance and rang Innovate Energy. From the first call the customer service was great. I was kept up to date with the entire process. They turned up when they said they would and kept me up to date with the installation process. They even passed on all the details to our energy supplier to speed up the process.

The work was neat, all rubbish was cleaned up and all staff through the entire process were friendly, helpful and informative.

They were even great at explaining the battery options to me and didn’t try to sell me a system that wasn’t worth it at this time. Very honest and helpful staff.

Great service and installation

Easy and very patient communication with the sales representative Tyson, offered more than three options in the quote.

The installation team was also fantastic, tidy, polite and punctual.

Great Job

Very easy to talk to, punctual, tidy and have organised grid connection for us.

Highly Recommended

Couldn’t be happier with service provided by Matt and the Innovate team. From the initial consultation through to the installation, the team have been easy to deal with and very professional. Customer service is excellent and the installation was very well done and not obtrusive. Would highly recommend them for anyone looking for an install in the Illawarra/South Coast areas.

Lilli Pilli Solar Installation

The installers Rex, Tyler and Mark were prompt in their arrival on the day, efficient in their installation of the equipment, neat and tidy with the work and cleaned up after themselves. I was happy with the work.

Great Customer Service

Mat from innovate was very professional and accommodating. The quote while not the cheapest was for what I asked for and they worked with me to deliver the system that I wanted not what they thought that i should be installing.

The installation was on time and completed quicker than I expected and the tradesmen made sure that they cleaned up after completion of the system.

They have organised the connection to the grid we are now waiting for the electricity company to complete this which should be in the next 10 days or so depending on scheduling.

Excellent company

Excellent and value for money service from start to finish.

Efficient and prompt

The boys just left after instillation. They were prompt, pleasant and efficient. The work looks great! Can’t comment on how well it works as the meter box needs work but I’m confident everything will be fine as all other contact with the company has been great. Very happy!

Great

Great quote.prompt install.basically what was agreed and quoted was what was supplied and when.

Original Review on 22-03-2020:

Happy Customer

Great local company, with prompt and professional service. Very happy with all aspects of their service. Sales staff were knowledgeable and professional. Installers were typical Ausy tradesmen who arrived early and got stuck in. They adapted to my requirements and the bespoke nature of my house to install a very effective system. Following installation, following customer service was helpful and swift. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Rick: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Thanks for he opportunity to update my product review. After 12 months of operation I remain very happy with my solar system. I have had no problems with reliability or installation. During the winter the system performance dropped off a little more than expected but now summer is back it is back producing at peak capacity. Am also happy with Origin electricity who offer value for money rebates....

Innovate energy

The sales and quote was very prompt and friendly
The guys arrived on time and the install completed same day , I was impressed how quickly and tidy they worked.
They also arranged for the grid connection after install

Very professional team from Quote to Finish.

All staff courteous, knowledgeable and helpful. Install team on time, adaptable and efficient. Can highly recommend this business.

Excellent Solar Installation

Highly recommend Innovate Energy for Solar installation.
Quoting had most accurate information to make choice easy.
Installation was timely, professional, and high quality.
Install team were polite, friendly, and left the site spotless.
Even checked on our satisfaction personally some weeks later.

Solar installation.

From the quote to paperwork received to a very prompt installation the service was of a very high professional standard. Would highly recommend.

Good Australian company

Innovate Energy installed my solar system just recently. I am very happy and would recommend this company.
Always answered the phone, the tradespeople were well mannered and professional as well as punctual. It was a painless experience for a very high quality product and installation.
The kind of experience you hope for but sadly rarely get.

Regards

Gary Picken

Innovate Energy

From start to finish this was an easy process, efficient and friendly and easy to deal with.
I guess only time will tell as to how good the system is but at this point with monitoring via the solar app all seems to be doing the job.

Good brand, IEC.

Alison on sales was a joy to deal with for general enquiries, proposal & quotations. The expedition of the process happened swiftly & professionally. Our needs were comparably matched by IEC proposals. Alesha in administration was frequently following up on progress, providing informations prior to booking of installation date. After sales services have been courteous and supportive. Installers Tylar & Mat were punctual, polite and did a fantastic job. The installation were professional and neat. Lastly, Innovate Energy was chosen base on the positive reviews found here in SOLARQUOTES and it is a choice we did not regret and highly recommend. Thank you.

Stress free installation

The system was installed and running within 3 weeks of contacting Innovate. I got one other quote but I picked Innovate because their system only required 18 panels versus 20 for the same output. Alison who did the quote and the guys doing the installation did a great job and explained everything. Effortless exercise.

Service second to none A1 service

What a business the owner should be very proud of staff sale to installer second to none would recommend this company to anyone service is A1 keep up the good work and thank you

All good so far

Went well so far
But to early to know if I brought the right system

Awesome team of installers and a very quick installation!

The team at innovate solar were fantastic to deal with.
The ladies came out to quote us and we received our quote within a few days. They ensured we were going to get the best value for our money and ensured that our system suited our energy usage needs!
Our system was installed a 2 weeks after quoting and the installation was done in two days, all panels and a Tesla Powerwall.
The guys who did the installations were very friendly and polite, they arrived when they said they would and they cleaned up after themselves. Once the installation was completed they ran us through the Tesla app and the solar app and explained how the whole system works.
I would highly recommend Innovate to anyone looking to have solar installed!
Thanks to the whole team for an excellent experience.

Fantastic Service

From the initial quote to the finish of the installation, I could not fault innovate energy. Very helpful at the quote stage, turned up exactly on time, completed the install and cleaned up and provide the information I needed. Would highly recommend them!!

Seamless installation, great company to deal with.

A knowledgeable, friendly, and patient salesperson. My questions were promptly and professionally answered. I was given an installation date and time. The team showed up precisely on time and everything went smoothly. They organised everything. Communication throughout the entire process was exceptional. A small problem encountered after the install was quickly rectified. Overall I couldn’t be happier.

Original Review on 10-01-2020:

Best value for money system with great company employed installers

The salesman, Jamie Stevens, was very informative and came across as very honest and personable.
The 2 installers came, they worked well, they completed the installation without a single issue and left in under 6 hours.
Yes they arranged the grid connection and we received notification yesterday from Essential
That the upgrade will take place in a few days. ALL GOOD

8 months later we asked Stephen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, the system has performed as expected and to specifications.
I think the pre-calculations may have been a bit ambitious using year round summer inputs.
Overall very satisfied and concede that I should have installed sooner.

Original Review on 12-12-2019:

Customer focussed team with experienced installation team.

The quotation process was easy and effortless, while being informative. The installation timing was better than expected and the team were punctual, polite and tidy. There was a small glitch due to a faulty connector but this was remediated efficiently. At all times the company were responsive to my questions and provided quality information. Original ratings

9 months later we asked Robert: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I have had absolutely no issues with my solar system since being installed. I did have a query on the functionality of the computer performance monitoring capability and Matt from Innovate Energy was very helpful in educating me on the proper use.

Touch wood, the performance and customer service levels continue foe many more years.

Efficient and professional work ethic

I was amazed how thoroughly and quickly the Tesla Powerwall 2 arrived. A binding agreement was arranged simply online and within a week the installation performed in a day. The finish was neat and tidy and the power outage only a few minutes. Having a battery with 10% charge means the first night will be off grid. Wow. And it fitted the existing 6.5KW solar system

Great customer service and installation

If I could give these guys 10 stars for customer service I would!! So easy to deal with and always friendly.

Quick service from when we enquired and had Matt come out to our home to give us a quote. We felt like we were given personalised options for our needs and didn't feel like we were being pushed in a certain direction.

They have helped with everything that we needed to do with Origin as well which has made the process that much easier!
Couldn't be happier with the job and service!!

Good service. Quick installation.

Very prompt in supplying quotes for two systems with different panels and inverters. Installation process explained to me very clearly. Installation itself was very professional and tidy. Grid connection was attended to promptly.

Innovate Energy - Happy customer positive experience

Innovate Energy provided me with a very easy and rewarding solar experience. It started with making contact to get a solar installation quote to compare with previously acquired quote. Allison was very responsive easy to talk to and had good recommendations to implement my requests. Her quote was transparent and itemised which others weren't. Price was also better for same equipment. A winner.

Installation day was just as good with Tyler and Matt who turned up smiling and and polite. They worked in a well planned and organised manner. Workmanship and materials were all excellent. They were clean and tidy leaving no trace of being here.

The system was up and running before they left as I have a previous system and all the requirements were in place.

All in all I would not hesitate to recommend Innovate Energy as my experience from the first contact through was good.

Innovate electrical services

Excellent neat clean tidy and knew their brief,took away rubbish

Solar installation

Puntual tidy courteous sorted all the solar wifi connections and liased with electricity company