More Green Energy

More Green Energy Reviews

More Green Energy is a Solar Power Installation company based in Blacktown and serves NSW. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $2,300 - $4,900 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

More Green Energy Reviews (100)

3.7/5

3.6/5

3.6/5

3.2/5

Great customer service

Had Solar installed by More Green Energy 2 months ago for a very good price. Saving a lot of money so far and nil issues. Nil electric bills and now saving money on gas! Janet from sales was great and has a lot of info on quality and price!
The service team of John and Monty are terrific and always monitor your system and help solve any issues that arise straight away.

Highly recommended

Easy to communicate with and installed well. Happy so far.

Happy customers

The whole process was simple, easy to understand, installation was efficient, installers were polite and organised.

Great all round

I like to say thank you Alex to you and crew for great service and very prompt installation once again thank you

Excellent customer service and product

They were professional to deal with and gave us prompt service. I would give them a high recommendation. they always responded quickly to any of my queries.

Installers great, nice guys, happy, efficient and professional

Quoted and accepted agreement on 24th February, but not installed until 22nd April, originally quoted 3 weeks, disappointed on that side, Nathan is a lovely man but not so good at customer curtesy and letting know what was happening, I had to contact him! When said I was cancelling got immediate installation in 2 days!

Exceptional service

Explained the different options and quoted, Installed on the promised date & Fantastic after sales service by Peter, Monty & John

A job well done

Installation took a little more time to organise than I expected but understandable considering we are regional. The installers were very polite and efficient with putting up the new system and taking down the old one, and left my place spotless. System is working great. Altogether a good experience.

Very happy with Customer service of MORE GREEN ENERGY

Very happy with Customer service of Afnan Senior Solar Consultant More Green Energy

Great and clear communication

Reasonably priced compared to all market solar providers and great service already seeing results.

Fantastic company to deal with

Dealing with Abby and her team made the sales process very easy and understandable, the came the installation side of the process and it went really well and the guys set everything up for me and made sure I had a full understanding of the equipment as well as the mobile monitoring system, they did the whole thing and made me a very happy customer, and if I rang customer service I was made very welcome and dealt with very professional.

I think they are a very dodgy company

I went onto a blog about these guys and was inundated with terrible customer experiences and terrible after sales. These guys lied to me and told me they were CEC accredited. You can look up CEC accredited companies on the CEC website, and More Green Energy are not. I will also suggest that most reviews online are actually done by affiliates of More Green Energy. I expect that they will post dodgy “good” reviews after this one. Read the good reviews and compare them with the bad to make your own mind up. It’s actually laughable how dodgy some of the good reviews are. Their website is not operational today and I was informed by WA Consumer Protection that they have received numerous complaints regarding this company. STAY AWAY. Yesterday I was rung by them to tell me to cancel my productreview.com review of them. I don’t care if I lose my deposit, just don’t deal with them as they’re as dodgy as they come.

Bad customer service! Wouldn’t recommend it to any of my relatives and friends

I had known about this solar company through my uncle and his friends, therefore my dad and I decided to install solar in order to reduce the cost of electricity. At the beginning, everything seemed to be fine until we received our first electricity bill, which I found out that we did not receive any credits for feed-in tariffs. This was when I was involved in such a lengthy process between the energy provider and solar company in order to investigate the problem. After Vector's electrician got involved (on 22/12/20), we figured out that the solar installer had incorrectly connected our solar to my neighbour's main switch, not ours (btw we live in a duplex).

We would never imagine that we have had to go through too many problems and unprofessional practices from the staff of this company.
An electrician contacted the installer who installed the panels on that day to inform the issue and he promised to come at 4pm on 22/12/20 (I had to take a day off to wait for him). We were literally waiting until 10ish and they did not message or call anything to say that he was not be able to come due to whatever reasons, not until I contacted them at 10ish and was told he would come the next day. I did call him a couple of times around 4pm, 6pm and 7ish to double check if he would turn up.

Once they fixed up the issue, they reassured me to contact them, in order to negotiate the compensation. We need a compensation for a period of 4/7/20 to 23/12/20 for the loss of solar production, which appeared to be used by my neighbour. I had to constantly email and call them from 11/1/21 to 29/1/21 to urge them giving me an action plan for the problem that their installer had caused us. On 28/1/21, I emailed them to express my inconvenience and uncomfortable to keep chasing them up for update. I was aware that they were busy as well, so I stated in the email that I was willing to give them some more days until Friday 5/2/2021 for someone to contact me to discuss the action plan. Otherwise, I will take further action on my side.

As what I expected, they have not got back to me, no emails, no phone call and for that reason, I had to escalate this issue to a third party-Fair Trading. I had submitted my complaint and awaiting for the results.
Also, they did not measure the roof probably as they only did it online through (appear to me) taking photo from google earth. No inspection in prior the installation day. This resulted in the faulty number of panels needed for my roof, as originally they planned to install 18 panels. Therefore, only 16/17 panels were installed and this caused an impact to the final payment. I had to ring up different people (the installer provided the contact) to negotiate the final payment! My friends had installed solar before and their companies always sent someone to inspect the roof before the installation. Once again, this was my fault for not doing more research about this but trusting them because they literally installed solar for my uncle earlier 2020!

I would like to emphasie that I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS SERVICE TO ANYONE THAT I KNOW, as I do not want them to take even a small possibility to go through this mess and to deal with unprofessional staff.

Awesome experience...Afnan the man

They said 2 weeks but everything got done within a week and very smooth.
Afnan is your man for solar solutions.

Prompt response and good on time service

Thanks for the service with in due time , The boys came quickly and install the inverter on the same day it arrived

Extremely disappointed with MGE

I had solar system installed in October 2018.
I had no major issues with quoting process and installation of the system.
The Inverter failed in September 2019. Since we had 5 other people living with us at the time, and I was busy, I didn't contact More Green Energy until 6th of January 2020. They requested some information, which I provided immediately. After that, they just ignored me. Nothing was done until I complained to the Dept of Fair Trading.
The Inverter was replaced in May. However, the system hardly worked. It produces about $5 of power per month. I contacted More Green Energy again. They requested some information, which I provided immediately. After that, they just ignored me again.
I took them to NSW Civil and Administration Tribunal. A phone session was arranged for 29/10/20. More Green Energy didn't answer the phone. Another hearing was set for 27/1/21.
More Green Energy then installed a Wifi for me to monitor daily production. Since they installed the Wifi, the system works much better. However, averages daily production is 17 kWh. They promised me 27kWh a day.
I wrote to More Green Energy on 14/1/21 and told them that I am not happy with the system and never will be. I requested $400 for past losses due to the system either not working or not working properly and I will consider this case closed. They did reimburse me for $400 as requested.
Just to reiterate the system doesn't work properly and More Green Energy service is almost non-existent.
It is all good until something goes wrong.
My advise is, don't deal with this company.
BTW, I expect a number of 5 star rating reviews after I post this review.
I have had solar installed to 2 properties in the last year with another company. The difference in service is amazing.

Great service & assistance so far

Great service & assistance so far. Only had installed today but they fitted in with me & all looks good so far. Cloudy day so yet to see full impact but helpful App helps you see exactly what you’re getting back power-wise from anywhere in the world.
Nathan Jones was very helpful in organising the whole thing.
Would recommend happily.

Good solar system. Good price. Excellent customer service by alex (afnan)

The customer support officer alex (afnan) looked after very well from booking to installation very well. Not pushing to buy. Offered me what i wanted and gave me better price. Very helpful. The installation team was good. Came on time. Did a very professional installation. Explained all process and how to operate. They installed 17 panels instead of 18, due to lack of room discovered during physical inspection. Technician seems like in the field for many years and have good experience. Overall good company to get solar system

Super Fast Installation

The company provided three quotes for various quality systems and were very happy to discuss different options. They were not pushy and listened to what I was looking for in a solar system.

Installation was straight forward and the installers were professional. I expected installation to take a few weeks as we live in a regional area but to my surprise the system was installed four days after I signed the contract to purchase the solar system. The only concern I had was that there was no confirmation from the installation team that they were showing up. The sales rep informed me that the install would happen on a particular day and it did but I was not sure that it would happen until the team showed up mid afternoon on the stated day.

Customer service was mostly great. The company initiated most contact at appropriate times either via a phone call or an email. The company organised everything and contacted our electricity provider to ensure a smart meter was fitted for connection to the grid. We were kept informed at each stage of the process except for the confirmation from the install team.

Easy, simple and efficient

Customer service thusfar has been great. Afnan was very courteous and patient and helped us get a better deal. He was easy to contact and answered the myriad of questions we had before Installation as well as post Installation. Extremely impressed with the transparency and easy/open communication. They confirmed that they are organising with the energy provider to have my meter upgraded from old analogue to new smart meter now that the installation is completed, so one less thing for me to worry about!

As for the system itself the wifi monitoring and battery compatability at such a low price point of 3200 after debate for 6.6kw panel/5kw inverter was impressive, I guess time will tell as to how it performs over its lifecycle.

Installation in western Sydney was quick and efficient and the installers were respectful and happy to answer questions.

Fantastic customer service

Having had Green Energy reccomended to me and was told to speak with Alex Williamson by a neighbour who had dealt with them.
I rang and spoke to Alex, told him I was thinking about a 6.6kw system. He looked at our roof, via the internet and explained what panels and the process required, through to installation, with an approximate installation date. He quoted me a firm price, no hidden costs. There was no pressure to buy, he wanted us to have all the facts before we took that step. We did accept his quote. Later his installer, Pierre, messaged through an installation date, turned up with his team at 7am as arranged. This guy is so friendly, nothing bothers him. He knows his job, is really effecient, you can ask him anything, he will stop and explain, as anyone of his team has. The installation was finished in no time. I cannot express how happy we are with the whole process. It was just seamless. People we dealt with were great. I don't generally give reviews but this time it would be wrong not to, they were that good.

Great system at a great price

We are very happy with the system we have got. It’s a 10.2 kW, Risen panels with a 10kW Fronius inverter. On good summer days we get 60+ kWh/day. The best so far was 72kWh just yesterday. During the winter of course lower, around 30kWh in average.
My only whine is about the communication. Moregreen, you have to up your communication skills.

I am very satisfied with the way Afnan handled the installation process

Very friendly and easy to understand. The installation was done exactly as scheduled. The customer Service was excellent. Thanks to Afnan.

Solar, so far so good.

Got quote on Thursday agreed price Thursday afternoon, signed contract Friday.
Tuesday new westernpower meter installed for buy back to grid.
Wednesday solar installed. Wednesday mid morning solar working app showing how much electricity generated 18.5Kwh on a sunny/cloudy day.
$1.5 back into grid as of Wednesday afternoon.
How good is this.
So easy to work with good company.

Great service and great value for money.

Alex made the whole process from signup to switch on, flawless. Great service and great value for money.

Pretty Bad Service will suggest everyone to Avoid this company

Signed up with them last year in Victoria. Took initial deposit till that time everything was fine and was informed will get installation in 2 month time. Then communication stopped no response to emails and calls, they are not even approved solar retailer and give contract to someone else. After 6 months they informed that their contracted in Victoria had issues and will take bit more longer. Requested for cancellation and then they need more time. Then after 2 months they sent cancellation letter and informed will be refunded for initial money. That Never happened keep telling we have to refund a lot of people and will take time. Staff at company are completely rude and even disconnect call when asked about refund and no reply to emails at all. So completely waste of time and money.

Added 6.6Kw system to stop power bills

We had an existing 3.5Kw system & saw the advertising for the 6.6Kw & thought with the addition of that system over a 12 month period our power bills would be close to nil over the year. The energy provider Essential energy would not approve the installation as the total inverter power would have been 8kw. Alex from More Green Energy knowing what we were trying to achieve advised us that they could provide a limiter of 5 Kw back to the grid which was acceptable to Essential Energy. Thus we use what ever power for the house first & then export the rest. eg on a sunny if we were producing 8Kw & were using the air conditioner which uses 2Kw / hour, we would be exporting 5 Kw & getting the rebate for that & only wasting 1 Kw ( maybe). I was happy with Alex & the install team who installed who install the system within 5 days of Essential energy approving the system.

Unfortunately, am not happy with this company. I suggest no one go through with More Green Energy, they are not professional and speak little English, it was hard to communicate, apart from the sales.

Installation was not what I had agreed with. They have not still fixed my panels.

Poor English, it was hard to communicate and all non professional workers. Once they get the money they forget about your problem.

Not Happy at all with installation, customer service is absolutely non Australian standard. Very very unhappy with way I was spoken too. Very rude.

They treat you as no-one after they get your money. NEVER GO WITH MORE GREEN ENERGY. BETTER PAY COUPLE OF THOUSAND MORE AND GET SOMEONE WHO YOU CAN TRUST.

Good installer

Sales side was professional and patience to my enquires specifically by senior sales his name Afnan.

Also the installation was very good by hard working Pierre team.

The support for configuration with our WIFI was poor from the software team which normally take place by phone.

Excellent customer service, alex is the asset for this company

I have contacting with Alex for last 6 months. He is amazing very professional. Mainly for his friendly and easy going attitude made me to go with more green company..
He is the big asset for this company.

Good job and good service

When a final install date was agreed on the install team arrived on time and ready to start. They had the odd hurdle to jump but nothing seemed to be to hard for them. They finished in the dark as they were determined to complete the job. They never broke a tile and cleaned the site before they left. They advised me it would start up in the morning which it did and has been producing an average of 23 kw per day. The only issue was trying to get the wifi talking to my system which they are working on it. After two very heavy rain sessions a small water leak was noticed which the installers are looking at. They arranged for the meter changeover which has been done. More green energy were always easy to communicate with and I would recommend them before a lot of others offering solar systems.

Perfect installation and good services

Sales process is very easy,
Polite,
Customer service is very helpful.

Fantastic price, service and install team

We had Janet as our sales representative and she was extremely helpful and friendly. She talked through the options of panels, inverters and layouts; responded to my questions and feedback and that lead to us signing the quote.

After paying the deposit, within two weeks we had booked in for the install. The installers did turn up later in the day than expected, but they were professional and friendly. Few hours later we had the panels and inverter setup and finished. Install was done neatly, they did leave some brick dust and cable mess around the inverter but they finished quite late in the day and for the price, you don't get perfection.

Overall we are very happy with the price we got, the install and the service. We would definitely recommend Janet as our sales rep for others.

Excellent service

Great service, installation was quick and easy at an affordable price and happy with the layout of the solar panels. Mr Afnan from moregreen was very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly and was happy to answer all my questions and comments. Staff at moregreen were also friendly when communicating and assisting with the installation. Thank you to moregreen, Afnan and team including installation team for providing the best service.

Satisfied with their services

Good Solar Installer And Battery Backup Is Really A Very Good And It's A Very Nice Digital Inverter

A good job done

The installation crew turned up on time and asked me where I would like the inverter installed the they got started. they never stopped all day and did not break one roof tile as I had 12 spare and still got them. Their Electrical inspector came and did an inspection before returning the next morning to do his final inspection before handing to Access Canberra. They assured me at the end of the installation day the system would turn on at first light the next day as it did and produced 18.2 KW on a 13deg overcast / sunny day. More Green Energy sent me an email for the meter replacement which was sent to ACTEW. The completion is now up to ACTEW to replace the Meter so I have the feed in operational.
panels installed 21 x MSquare 315 60 cell and Growatt MIN 5000TL-X at $4000. Research has found this equipment to be value for money with high reliability levels . Highly recommend

Good sales consultant with services

Afnan from more green energy has provided me excellent service with all The facts of solar. I had no idea before I spoke to him. I highly recommend their service and products.

Efficient and Professional

MoreGreen Energy is efficient and professional. Family friend has recommended MoreGreen and Alex has arranged for our solar to be installed within a week of signing the contract. Amin, Installer is very professional, arrived on time in the morning and have the solar completed by noon. No need for any tile roof replacement. Timing is perfect for the colder weather. Would recommend MoreGreen anytime and ask for Alex.

Avoid at any cost!

Worst Customer Service and Technical support I have ever experienced. Not replying to emails or returning calls, if I receive emails they are written in rude and sarcastic manner. The company shows lack of basic technical knowledge and knowledge of the products they are supposed to be supporting. More Green Energy expressed no interest in my struggle with Customer Service and Technical support to resolve a simple configuration issue on my SolarEdge inverter.

Scammers stole my deposit and lied to me over and over

After getting called every day to sign and pay for the contract which I did on 03/09/2019. To spending the next 8 months trying to get hold of them. I made numerous phone calls, in which I was lied to every time about the insulation date. Eventually I was told around 4 to 5 months after signing the contract that they didnt install solar in my area. I've spent from January 2020 trying to get my $200 deposit back more lies like "it's in your bank already, I'll call you back in ten, I just need to talk to accounts" etc. I have had the worst experience with these people. DO NOT TRUST A WORD THEY SAY COMPLETE SCAMMERS. I am going to report them.

Great company.

Value for money is the best compared with other Solar suppliers.
Janet was great to deal with, she reviewed my requirements and advised me on what system would suite me. She took care of everything and kept me informed on a regular basis.
It was only 4 weeks from purchase to installation.
Installation was exceptionally prompt and very good.
Janet and her team took care in organising the grid connection.
I really didn't have to do anything.

Faulty system, incorrect installation, poor after-sales support

System was installed May 2019, our bills didn't drop by much and then our most recent bill shows there's been no feed since November 2019. We have been trying to get the issue resolved since January 2020 but there is never an answer on the main phone line and emails go unanswered, or they say they will call back but don't. Finally we had an independent assessment and was told that the system wasn't installed properly and appears to be "fake". There are no serial numbers on the panels, the voltage wasn't high enough to support the amount of panels, the cords to the panels were loose, not looped correctly and not raised from the roof, there were bolts from the roofing sheets that were not replaced, and the inverter was faulty. We were also not informed of the requirement of a digital panel, which means we can't get the rebate. Sick of waiting for a response, we threatened them with CEC and Fair Trading complaints and finally got their attention. They replaced the inverter, but the installer said it will blow again because of the set up. They claim that they have the panel serial numbers on file, but have not supplied them as requested, and they said they would request the installer's report yet have not supplied the details.

I would not recommend this business to anybody!! Everything about them screams "fraud"

Good system, good value, timely installation.

All things delivered in the quoted time frame. Sales people were polite and not pushy. RS 232 never worked so I can't monitor the system. Their tech people haven't come back so I'm guessing they have either forgotten about me or don't know how to fix the problem. The system works fine however even if the toys don't.

Worst Solar installer

***Worst Customer service - Never go with this Solar panel installer ***

Will run behind you until you sign contract once you have signed contract they don't care to call you back. When it comes to installation time, they would either change the solar panels saying panels you signed for are not in stock or they don't have electrician available.
They never stick to installation date, they changed the date for me just a day before the agreed date.

Big NO for this installer's

Misleading, failed to arrange installation, hard to contact, no deposit refund after long-time waiting, terrible experience

They quoted a good price, they were responsive at following up with my sales inquiry until they failed to deliver. It took me a lot of time and efforts to prepare for the documentation, and I successfully received my Solar Homes application approval from Solar Victoria back in October 2019; During the application the confusion came from how to fill in the certified retailer: for some reason I couldn't find "More Green Energy" in the pulldown menu, instead they asked me to fill in HDC Electrical Pty Ltd which was misleading. I was exciting about the approval, and sent it to them for arranging the installation straightaway. After two months waiting and pushing, I received an email of "Cancellation of Installation" by them. It asked me to either cancel it and get refund of deposit, or wait for them until end of January 2020. I chose the latter. Still no one contacted me, in Feb 2020 I managed to call through to them after numerous phone call or SMS inquiry then I was told I had to cancel the installation because the company is not qualified to install in Victoria. I then contacted Solar Victoria only to find out that my approved rebate was expired after four months! If I knew that they couldn't deilver I should have applied for a different retailer to take advantage of the $2250 maximum rebate by end of 2019. I was disappointed and I asked for a refund of my deposit so that I can re-apply from another retailer. While they agreed to refund me and I also provided my bank account, it took me more than a month and no money is refunded even after my serveral attempts to contact them. I was frustrated about the whole experience and the missed opportunity. Thier inquiry hotline was also useless because every inquiry was re-directed to mobile phones of the Sales person and their moble number was frequently changed to avoid the customers' complaint. My impression was that the company has been lying about their qualification as a Solar retailer and certified installer. My advice: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY - just like the other frustrated customers' suggestion.

Very disappointed, wrong information provided, delayed service, been waiting for refund since Dec 2019

Got good pricing but this does not matter, issue started back in August 2019, Sales rep(Nathan Jones) told me they would be apply for rebate on my behalf which was not correct and delayed my rebate application, actual quote number in this company's system and my contract were different, they lied about getting another approval from Govt, tried to get me to tell them the QR number before the installation, after 6 weeks of waiting at the end they told me the products are being delayed - I would not have found out about this delay if I did not contact this company. Finally I've cancelled my rebate and currently waiting for their refund since 10th Dec. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY

Still Waiting......

Was told that they could install a system on our shed roof and gave us a good price. Had to pay a deposit which was fine. Had to keep calling to get an installation date which was changed a few times. The day the installers turned up to do the work we were told that it couldn't be done as the meter box needed a complete update. We said but we had sent photos of the meter box to sales man who said it was fine and could be done. Installers said no and contacted company. I sent email asking for refund and they said that it would be fine just give us your bank details. This was in October last year and after several phone calls to the sales man (only contact I have and can get a hold of) and emails asking what is happening with my refund I still haven't got it. NOT HAPPY! Sent a complaint to Department of Fair Trading today as I am over being told that the accounts team have processed it. Obviously not if I am still calling about it!

Very disappointed

MoreGreen will tell you what you want to hear, but provide none of the service they promise. They couldn't do the job, couldn't be bothered to come and assess the roof space, then took 7 weeks to refund my 'holding' deposit for this quote (not to be confused with a non-refundable deposit) - of which I recieved only HALF after 7 weeks of constant calling and emailing.
This was only after contacting the NAB bank branch payments manager who had to contact the company on my behalf before it was escalated to the NAB legal team.
Very unprofessional. Guys if you still want to deal with kind of business, good luck! At least you have been warned. I am not the only one, check their facebook page and google reviews.

No after sales service

2 weeks solar inverter failed. Sends me new inverter but refuses to install. If they don't get paid they don't want to know you

Customer service is average but overall happy

Paid deposit more time went buy then j would of liked before install
On install day the boys were great did the install upon completion I got up there and inspected as a tradie I was happy with there work.