Proven Energy

Proven Energy Reviews

Proven Energy are a Solar Energy provider and installer based in Toowoomba, proudly locally owned and operating within the southern Queensland and Northern NSW regions. Our services range from residential installations through to commercial and agricultural systems. Our qualified electricians will visit your home or business before installation, so you know you're getting the solar panels and electrical services that are right for you.

Our systems are customised to fit each customer. We supply and install high quality products with outstanding efficiency and warranties that will ensure great savings in the short term as well as in the years to come.

We work hard to support you through every step in your solar journey, providing ongoing solar checks, maintenance and cleaning services.

Why should you choose us?

- We’ve customised and installed systems ranging from 1.5kw up to 100kw

- We’re a locally owned solar company with a Toowoomba based warehouse and office

- We use employees trained to the Proven standard, not subcontractors

- You can meet the friendly people who will take care of your system in person

- Count on quality that lasts, with an established company

- Chat with an installer, not a pushy sales company working on commission

Reviewers report paying: $6,000 - $9,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Proven Energy Reviews (42)

Good customer service from day one.

From day one customer service was excellent, all questions answered in a professional manner. The sales person was patient and knowledgeable about all products. The installation was completed in a timely and tidy way.

Awesome installers

Proven energy sales quoting installation and customer service were all excellent, would highly recommend to other people. 5 stars. Great knowledge of products, polite and very helpful

Great product and communication

We could not have been happier with the service we received from Proven Energy for solar installation at our home. The process was smooth from start to finish. The sales team were prompt in making an appointment and providing us with a quote. We received thorough advice based on our needs and that of our home. We were regularly updated with when the products were due to arrive and when installation would take place. The team arrived on time on the day of installation and explained the process before starting. The staff were very clean and tidy and worked throughout the day until the job was complete. After sales service was spot on with follow up emails and phone calls. I would highly recommend Proven Energy as your solar installer!

Nothing was too much trouble

From the initial consultation to the final installation nothing was too much trouble for the people from Proven Energy. The sales experience was pleasant and I did not feel pressured at any time. I was provided with three levels of quote and some honest advice about the differences between the quoted systems.

The installation process was smooth even though the installation team encountered bad weather they returned promptly and completed the job at the first opportunity. The installation team were polite and kept me well informed at each stage of the job.

All the paperwork was sorted for me with no further action required from me. On a point on customer service, the installation team even took down my old solar hot water system and took it away for disposal. I was very appreciative of that extra task they completed for me. As I said in the title nothing was too much trouble for Proven Energy.

I would recommend them to others.

Hi Peter, thank you very much! We appreciate your business. Don't hesitate to visit our office if you ever need.

A job well done

Proven Energy were a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. They provided a good schedule for delivery and installation and then came early and got the job done much quicker than expected.

Hi Charles, thank you very much! We appreciate your business. Don't hesitate to visit our office if you ever need.

Best Toowoomba solar

This was my third solar install on several houses over a ten year period. My previous installer did not respond and proven energy for price, being local and customer service was a standout.

Quoting process straight forward, not pushy and knowledgeable and flexible to change depending on customer requirements with 3 options provided initially.

Our installation was slightly abnormal due to cable run to shed mounted solar involving external contractor trench digger. Time of year (christmas) and wet weather interrupted planned install day with the solar system installed over a few weeks. There was two different teams of installers on both occasions and were very polite and performed a neat install. The main issue i observed was miscommunication about the job details between pre install inspector, office staff and installers. A good approach would be to use the same installer to follow through from pre inspect to job completion.

I have and will continue to recommend to friends in Toowoomba that proven energy is a great option for solar in our region.

Prompt installation, good honest knowledge and great customer service.

We received very professional customer service, with honest advice and quoting. We received regular updates throughout the process and installation was completed without a hassle. The tradesmen were polite, tidy and courteous. We would definitely recommend Proven Energy.

Fair price, clean installation & prompt service

Whole process was quick & easy. Installation went well and we’ve been happy with the results.

Great price, no bull, quick installation

Great experience overall,l. I enquired during the silly season of December and they made sure someone could come out and have a look and provide us a quote.

I had been told by another company that we needed 10kw but Proven assured us that would be overkill for our purpose. We ended up getting 6.6kw system and have had it for 3 months. Already seeing huge savings on our electricity bill.

Highly recommend!

Great job!

Proven Energy was awesome to deal with from the first call to the final inspection they were truly professional. The installation was very well done and they cleaned up perfectly. Thanks guys!

Great Service

Proven Energy provided an excellent service and did everything as advertised. Communication was great and open and on going assistance at this stage anyway appears to be good as well. I’d recommend them again.

Original Review on 20-07-2020:

Initial Contact Great, then downhill.

Great Sales Rep, explained everything and we thought what a great company.

After paid deposit we were advised to expect phone call on Monday for install pre-check. When we had not heard by the following Friday we phoned office got a run around and finally a call from the owner, who came out the following week.

The installation date and time was set. The installers arrived at the stated time and date. When they arrived I introduced myself, however, neither installer gave a name. ( I know I am old school but manners are important).

After installation the senior person gave me a brief run through of the operation procedure. I then asked him if the Sungrow CT (Smart Meter) was installed as advised by Proven Energy email of 23 June, he knew nothing and advised that the office will be in touch with the installation date. After 12 days I phoned the office and the sales Rep answered the phone, he advised some one would call with details by 4pm, again, no phone call, however the owner phone next morning and said the item had to be ordered and the office would advise when it arrived. (Going on past history I suspect that will be never)

The grid connection has been arranged and should happen this week (20-24 July)

8 months later we asked Terry: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

system is excellent

Original Review on 25-04-2020:

Everything ok

Quote was easy to organise, tradesmen turned up on time, sparky said we need new meters (ours 40 years old). He organised ergon and now we wait for connection. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Thomas: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system seems to be performing well, however no one tells you that you will still have no power if the grid goes down. I thought that was the point of being self sufficient? Also my installer was reluctant to install batteries as he stated they will never pay for them selves. Also he was very reluctant to install a plug for backup generator stating residual current cutout on system and generator or some such bullshit. My neighbour has had a backup plug for generator and was happily done by a qualified electrician. So if the power goes out I can’t rely on solar power as backup because I don’t have batteries ( if they would kick in) and am reduced to a generator with multiple cords and power boards out in the open to run fridges and pumps.

Good sales rep and good communication with the progress on the deal.

Good sales rep and good communication with the progress on the deal.

Original Review on 29-03-2020:

Easy to work with.

Quote was a little confusing. All sorted.
Install was good. Took a little longer than was stated. Very polite, punctual and tidy. No dramas.
Customer service was/is good.

8 months later we asked Rob: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Faultless customer service and expert advice

No comparison with other installation companies - Proven Energy were the clear choice when it came to professional advice and providing informed options

Could not fault installation - done safely, quickly and neatly

Practically a turn key solution

Paid to much.

I had a existing 6.5kw system already on the house, producing about 4900kw on a good day. And was looking at fitting another 6.5kw onthe house. Proven sent there sales person out and inspected the house and the system, the first thing he suggested was to pull the existing system off the roof and install a10.5 kw. The existing system had a goodwee invertor and i did not know the what brand the panels where. The issures with the old system was that wires where touching the roof and the bottom outside panels where not properly supported. I was reluctant to remove the old system as i did not know how long it had been on , as i had only bought the house one month earlier. After several discussions with Proven they would only come out and find out what brand of panels that where on the roof if i agreed to go with them. So i agreed and found out that they where jinko. After questioning the sales person i found that they had only been installed about two and half years ago. I was reluctant to throw it away, as selling it second hand would be difficult. So with the installer we agreed to fit it to my shed. The only problem is that i have 8 panels in the garage, because they would would not fit on the shed and i had paid a extra 2700 dollars for this work.. so we have paid about 14s000 dollars plus the 6000 rebate and thats what i am not happy with.

Really impressed

Very happy with the whole process from start to finish, will definitely be recommending to family and friends!

Fantastic service and product.

Proven Solar Solutions provided us with a fantastic service overall.
The salesman was very helpful and knowledgeable.
The quote process was very easy to understand and accept.
The installation team were very polite and professional. They did a fantastic job with very little disruption to our day.
As we already had a small system the grid connection was not a problem at all.
Overall the entire experience was very positive and pleasant.
We are very pleased with the service and I enjoy checking the Sungrow app to see how much energy we are producing and at this stage we have been generating more KWh than our average daily usage on our last bill.

Professional Efficient Local Company

The team at Proven Energy were all very friendly, approachable and knowledgeable right through the quoting phase where they gave good system designl advice and multiple quotes to my requests for product price comparisons. The office staff were always cheerful helpful and flexible around setting of installation dates and finally the installation team were professional timely and efficient on day of installation. Really happy with the extra few dollars I paid to get all black racking,clamps, frames etc. Two weeks in and the 6Kw 3 phase Fronius inverter with 7.9 Kw Jinko panels system seems to be performing as advertised. Very happy to support a local company as I expect an ongoing relationship for the life of my system.

Very professional company and excellent installers

This was the only company that came to my residence to give me advice, options and recommendations. The quoting process was seamless and timely. The installation gang were absolutely fantastic and super efficient. At this stage I have not yet been connected to the grid, however the team have organised this to occur. I cannot fault the process thus far.

A seamless experience from initial contact to producing clean power.

Proven Energy Solutions Toowoomba are a 10 star Company with excellent and knowledgeable staff , installing quality equipment.

From our initial contact , explaining the required size for our needs , then providing an easy to understand quotation we were very comfortable in signing a Contract.

Installation was prompt with very efficient and tidy workmanship.

When all was connected and working we received a visit to set up our mobile phones so we can keep an eye on the amount of power being generated , plus checking the system was working at correct capacity.

We are totally satisfied and highly recommend Proven Energy Solutions Toowoomba.

Original Review on 29-06-2019:

The service and information I received from solar quotes was outstanding. Also, I was pleasantly surprised all quotes were received without delay and very comprehensive, making the decision quite difficult but am completely happy with the local company I chose. Thank you to all concerned. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Pat: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system is working extremely well, happy we finally made our decision to go solar

Couldn’t ask for more

I found all staff that I spoke to and dealt with, to be very professional and knowledgeable within their respective position. Very happy with the quality of the installation and so is my dad who is a tradesman. I take my hat off to the installers, doing a good job, on a hot summers day. I would recommend this business without any hesitation to anyone in Toowoomba looking for a quality system and great service.

Awesome installation, great service and support.

The whole process of working with Proven Energy Solutions was very professional and courteous. During initial quoting, any time I requested more information, it was not an issue, the reply was prompt and the information provided was very useful to help me to understand solar and what would best suit my situation. I was not around during the installation but the end product looks really good and is working well. I can’t wait to see the long term savings and benefits of the solar system we selected.

cancelled contract

Quote and service was excellent also by your graphs the product being supplied was top quality. I live in units and was advised the thickness of wiring back to meter was'nt sufficient thickness. I had paid deposit.The 2 star customer service is for office staff only. I had been into their office at least 3 times and each time asked them to ring my mobile only late afternoon which was completely ignored. Frustrating as I cannot carry my mobile at work. Deposit paid 3/12 refund paid today.

Fantastic Installation and Brilliant Service

Sales and quoting was great technicians very organized polite on time great guys and have organized grid connection

excellent job overall

Getting the quotes through took a bit of time as i had a 44c (fit) that i wanted to keep, Proven energy liaised with my power provider and got the agreement kept and documented.
Installation was done and the boys installed it in 35 deg heat, was a little bit of a mess left but overall happy with the job.

Good supplier, good communication good installer,

Quote was well presented, with options, we went with the latest equipment as it was in between thier lower, options and the next suppliers quote
There was a delay due to wholesale back order some parts, it held up install by three weeks
The system was only installed today and has not been tested, the installers where very neat, polite and arived when they advised, unfortunately darkness beat them to the finish line
Not connected to the grid at this time
Proven energy were a great company to deal with
Proven energy were a few hundred dollars dearer then the others but the sales team sold me on the unit and there ability to install service and back up if needed.

Any question any time they could answer it and they are only an hour away, and they come through town often so if I have any worries they can stop in and help
The sales process was very informative and the installation guys were very professional. Now we are just waiting to save and reduce our power bills.
I would thoroughly recommend Proven Energy Solutions Toowoomba as a local company to anyone interested in solar.
due to be installed during November
I researched many different systems and installers and found that the pricing for the same components varied considerably between them, in the end I chose to go local (Toowoomba) even though some quotes were cheaper. The install went without a hitch and was completed over about eight hours (some installers told me it would take about half a day), these guys took a while but the end result was completely professional and really has my confidence that the system will perform at a high level for a considerable time in the future.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Proven Energy and would welcome any questions potential buyers may have.
Terrific company to deal with from sales through to install. I have recommended to a number of people since.
We really appreciated your web site and the information offered. We learnt SOOOO MUCH and it was very useful during our shop around.
We accepted quotes from the recommended companies and used your listings to gain further quotes.
Most of the companies were very helpful over the phone, although we did feel like a couple of "telemarketers" did not really know what they were trying to sell us.
The entire process was very consuming, but at the end of the process, we are very happy to be running completely off grid!
Proven Energy were not the cheapest but I was looking for a good quality system using high quality components. Oliver from Proven Energy did not try to sell me anything more than what we required and even steered me away from spending money I did not need to spend.