Stag Electrical Solar and Refrigeration

DETAILS
95% 0%
4.8

Based on 134 ratings

At Stag Electrical, we're a family-owned business that's been around since 2007. Our team of dedicated professionals has over 15 years of experience providing quality installations to our customers.

Our managing director, Sam Friend, has worked hard to grow our business to where it is today. Over the years, we've gotten better at what we do to make sure we have a strong base and a bright future for many years to come.

We currently offer our services across 2 states ACT and NSW. We have offices in Wollongong, Canberra and Young servicing most areas in-between

We understand that our customers lead busy lives, so we strive to make things as easy as possible for you. That's why we offer a one-stop location for all your solar and air conditioning needs. Just give us a call, and we'll take care of everything else.

From 09 Dec 2022 they transitioned from a Trust structure under ABN 62 311 526 071 (Trustee ACN 610 898 443) to a Company structure under ABN 37 664 400 828 (ACN 664 400 828). Stag Electrical, Solar & Refrigeration Pty Ltd's Managing Director advises that 'As part of a corporate restructure the previous trading Company under ACN 610 898 443 was sold to the new trading Company under ACN 664 400 828. As part of the sale all customer warranties and retrospective insurances were brought forward into the new Company

Reviewers report paying: $6,900 - $9,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Stag Electrical Solar and Refrigeration Reviews (134)

Speedy install

Stag Electrical were prompt and responsive to information requests. Installation happened very quickly, less than one week from signing quote to installation. Installation team were knowledgeable and tidy.

Very competitive pricing, quick install, Great communication

I received my quote within 2 days of notification, Quote was comparable to other quotes received.
Installation was performed within 2 weeks of quote, Installers were very friendly, knowledgable and kept me up to date with what was happening, Job was completed in about 7 hours,

I was given plenty of information regarding connection to the grid and have received excellent communication from the office staff.

I would certainly recommend Stag Electrical to family and friends.

Rey

Great Service, Great Communication, Great Product

As anyone would, I obtained multiple quotes to have solar installed. The initial meeting was a telephone consultation. They told me they would ring me at 10:30 on Friday morning. A couple of hours earlier I got a reminder text and I got the call at 10:30 on the dot. Stag Electrical was the only company that listened to what I wanted and tailored a solution to deliver that. They provided four quotes, 2 x different size systems with and without a battery. I opted for the 13.3kW system and a 9.6kW battery. The following Friday, seven days after receiving the quotes I paid the 10% deposit. They called me on Sunday to arrange installation commencing at 8:30 Monday morning, and to be completed by Tuesday.

Again, the installation team arrived at my home on time and commenced the installation. The installation process was incident-free, and the job was completed by Tuesday afternoon.

In summary, if you want a fast reliable service, choose Stag Electrical.

Above and beyond, professional

Quoting and sales was very quick, simple and gave us options. Very happy
Installation was terrific - competent team, very punctual and polite.
The Stag team did it all. Quote, set up, install, paperwork.

Great service, fast installation.

Great to deal with, communication etc. Fast installation, very tidy and punctual.

Had an issue after installation, with the smart metre installation (not stag) and Stag promptly came to fix the issue so the metre could be installed and we could start using our solar.

Would recommend to other family's.

Quality in every way

Initial quoting was quite basic but did give me enough information to pursue further information. I had a thorough explanation and personal quote provided over zoom by an experienced sales team with no pressure whatsoever. Installation happened the day after I paid the deposit and the transpersonal were polite and flexible around my work from home commitments. I got a text message follow up on the weekend so see how it was running and check the grid connection was in progress. I would be happy to recommend Stagg to anyone looking to install a solar system and will approach them first if I need to do it again.

Great advise and installation

Seamless sales quoting
Installation on time
Customer Service spot on
Not sure why AGL insisted on coming out to look at my already electronic meter they already new I had one

Good quality, great service!

They showed up on time, acted I a very professional manner. The install was very professional and was completed on schedule.
I've since recommended others use stag electrical. Many of which have also experience the same manner of professionalism.
Highly recommend ?

Easy to deal with

Easy quoting process. Hannah was excellent to deal with, No problems with system since installation.

Fantastic team, installation and overall experience!

The sales process was very clear, transparent, and reassuring - we immediately felt that this is a trustworthy company who value the customer and their reputation for excellent service. We especially like their commitment to ongoing support after installation.

The team who came out to install were so great - a lovely group of young guys who were polite, punctual, knowledgeable, tidy and did a fantastic job! So far we are seeing a really good yield from the system, and we are very happy with our purchase.

Professional in all aspects

Exceptional Service highly recommend.

Stag Electical's quote was realistic and thousands of dollars less in comparison to other quotes we received.

The installation was timely, and the installer arrived on time (as promised). When the job finished the house was left clean and tidy. They definitely take pride of their work.

The office staff took care of all the paperwork and organised the connection to the grid.

After Sales
Installer followed up to make sure everything was running ok.
The tech support helped with the installation of the app.

Important Note
When you choose Stag Electrical, you get to talk to real people who are there ready to assist. Their service was excellent.
I highly recommend them.

Excellent experience

Extremely happy. Great team and great service. At my request the sales guy called me out of hours (the evening before his surgery). Couldn't have asked for better service, with the install team on time friendly and informative. I recommend this company.

First Class Experience

From the first time I contacted Stag Electrical to the completion of the installation of our new solar power system they displayed a high level of customer service and professionalism.

They provided the quote quickly after visiting our home to survey the site and it was spot on to the estimate that I was given. They use a very sophisticated quoting system that allows the customer to mix and match options.

The Stag team arrived to commence the installation the same week we accepted the quote. Before every visit during the installation process they contacted me by phone or text to say when they would arrive. Every step was explained and any requirement to turn off the power was always with a good deal of notice so we were properly prepared.

We have now had our system in place for a couple of days and we are yet to buy energy from the grid. A completely successful system that delivers real savings on energy bills.

The entire process was completed in a very professional way and the workmanship is spot on. A very neat addition to the side of our house.

Highly recommend Stag Electrical and would definitely use their services again should I require it. Well done to the team at Stag !!

Very Professional

From the first phone call to organize the quote to saying farewell to the installers the whole process was handled very professionally and hassle free. The whole team at Stag were very helpful, including assisting with the application for a meter upgrade from our power company. They visited our property to do the quote and went through the options and process so we knew exactly where the panels would be placed and they took our requirements on board. The installation team were very efficient and professional and they cleaned up after themselves. A change in the placement of the inverter was not a problem. The crew were friendly and polite and punctual. Very impressed with the quality of the workmanship.

Quick and excellent installation,

The quoting process was seamless, everything about the system was explained prior to installation
Installation was quick and efficient
The installer organized the installation of the smart meter for grid connection

Great customer service

The cusomer service provided by the team was very impressive from quotation to installation to support. At every stage they were very professional and provided useful advice. They clearly went out of their way to be helpful.

A minor hiccup was that the initial proposed design was unable to be configured on site owing to unforseen technical requirements that became apparent on site. As our system was to be clearly seen from the backyard one of our requirements was to have this as asthetically pleasing as possible and this formed the basis of the original design. The need for change meant this could not be actioned which caused some consternation for us. The installation team was able to come up with a suitable and acceptable solution on site.

Highly recommended

What an amazing company :)

Wow, what an amazing experience!!! From the first time i chatted with the lovely Hannah, to Mitch coming to quote to Adam installing to then another lovely boy, didn't get his name chatting to me about the inverter. I have not been sooo impressed by a company for a bludy long time.

I will definitely highly recommend you to all my friends.

Rita

Professional installation

After having 3 quotes I made the decision to go with a local contractor. While they weren’t the cheapest I made the decision on the turn around time. Once I put my deposit down it was a matter of days when they installed my solar. Other quotes were weeks or months before installation. I have not regretted using the boys who were professional and just got on with the job. The girls in the office have been so helpful putting in my request for a smart meter and helping me through the process of applying for the rebate. Highly recommend them. Such a smooth process from start to finish.

Excellent Customer Service

I was very pleased with the process of attaining a solar installation through Stag Electrical. From the initial visit for a site inspection and the provision of the quote everything was clearly explained, and I felt that I was making an informed decision.

The installation team were efficient, effective and customer focused. They installed the system in one day, leaving the site clean and tidy, and took the time to discuss the installation and operation with me to ensure I did not have any further questions.

My contact with office staff has been efficient and enjoyable. They have been very effective in completing the required paperwork and keeping me informed of what is needed.

Quality work with great service

The installation went incredibly well with plenty of people to roll out the system quickly. The quality of the install was fantastic and explanation of the system and process was clear and well handled.

Great job

The whole process from quoting through to installation was quick and easy. The staff who provided the quote and installed the system were professional and knowledgeable. Very special mention needs to be made to the office staff, who went above and beyond in all aspects of the process ... they were extremely prompt, polite and super helpful.

Original Review on 15-12-2022:

A Company I Trust

The quote process was good, Neil and Tony explained all the jargon to me and were able to answer the many questions. There was one delay to the scheduled installation date, but they went all day to get it installed. Impressively, Tony came back the next day, a Saturday, to finish installing the battery. The battery is easy to see from my front door, so I always know how much charge has been used. I have not had to use grid electricity since getting the system installed. The installers went out of their way to be professional and polite and I felt comfortable having them on the house. The office staff are also very helpful. I recommend Stag Electrical on price, customer service and reliability. Original ratings

10 months later we asked Steve: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Generally

Great communication, customer service and workmanship

The sales/quoting process was the most and only practical way to do it. Adam did a physical site inspection of our roof by actually being up there and not flying a drone! This resulted in precision in installation process without any hiccups thrown at the last minutes.

The Installation team did a fantastic job. Polite, efficient and clean and detailed work were demonstrated throughout the installation process.

Punctual and exceeded our expectations in completing the system installation within the specified time frame.

Quick response, professional job.

Mitch provided a solution that suited our needs, and the installation team did an excellent and timely job of installing extra panels, and second inverter and connecting things so that the new inverter monitored the performance of our new and slightly older system.

Fantastic installer.

fantastic installer. Great customer service and communication. Don’t go anywhere else.

Terrific to work with and super-helpful

Although not the cheapest, Stag came back within 24 hrs with a quote and were able to install within a week. The installation was well planned and very professional, taking about 12 hours in total. The after sales service and installation team were able to give really simple clear instructions and provide an excellent app. Two weeks in we are totally satisfied; just regret we didn’t do it sooner

The Best.

I couldn’t be more happy from the moment I contacted Stag Electrical for a quote on a solar system to installation days end the service has been impeccable, Adam cockburn has been fantastic and answered all my questions and has gone above and beyond with help and information, the guys who installed the system were extremely professional and installation went as planned with no issues, I recommend these guys to anyone who is looking at solar or any electrical work. Five stars from me .

Original Review on 05-12-2022:

Excellent!

Stag was the only company to come on-site to meet with us and answer our questions, and provide various options.

The quoting process was good, and we the customers, had a chance to review the final proposal with Stag prior to placing the order.

Stag's advice to get our electricity meters upgraded allowed this to happen before the solar installation commenced.

Installation was quick - only a couple of weeks from us ordering to installation commencing.

Tradesmen who did the installation were professional and courteous, leaving the site clean at the end of each day.

Despite a faulty inverter having to be replaced (which took a week), commissioning the system took approximately 2 weeks.

We are very pleased with the end result.

10 months later we asked Stephen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. Production of energy has been good.

And a huge thank you to Stag Electrical who have been prompt and efficient in any issues that have arisen or providing answers to my questions.

Great

Great at all steps. Would be happy to recommend them to friends/family.

Great Quality and Service

Super fast install and quality installers, help and feedback after install is top notch.

Professional, timely and excellent customer service

Stag worked hard to get our business from the moment we sought quotes through Solarquotes. They also passed on a price reduction on panels as soon as these came in. The app also works well and shows me consumption and production in real time.
Overall, very happy with Stag’s service and value. We highly recommend them to anyone looking at installing solar.

We're so grateful for your amazing review, Bardia. It's customers like you who make our work so rewarding. Thank you for your kind words and for recommending our business. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Fantastic installation

Stag were thorough, prompt, friendly and knowledgeable. They installed the panels quickly and left everything as clean as they found it.

Really great and friendly service.

Thank you for the fantastic review, David! We're overjoyed to hear that you had a great experience with us. We can't wait to welcome you back.

Fast, friendly and Effecient

The sales and quoting process was simple and easy to understand. There was no pressure, simply the facts.

The turn around between accepting the quote and installation was less than 10 days (and would have been under 5 if I'd been ready!).

The team were punctual, polite and cleaned up after the job was done - though I did have a small collection of tools that were accidentally left on site but picked up shortly after.

Over all, I'm rally happy with what I've got and would happily recommend to anyone

We're overjoyed to receive your positive review! Thank you for your kind words and for recommending our business. Anthony. We're grateful for your support and can't wait to serve you again.

Well installed, good service, pricey

Well installed and a good system but expensive. Quality support. They did a good job overall but I regret paying as much as I did. Hopefully these panels and inverter last enough to be worth it.

So well informed!

The stand out for me with Stag was the high level of communication. Keeping me all informed and educated about a subject matter that I had previously felt quite overwhelmed about.
Each step of the process was very well supported and helpful. At no point did I feel any anxiety. And it all happened soo quickly!
Face to face and friendly.. the entire team was wonderful to deal with.. from quote to office support and installation.

Thank you, Jeanette, for your kind words and for taking the time to leave us a review. It's always great to hear when our customers are happy with our service, and we're glad we could make your experience a positive one.

Prompt and Efficient Solar Inverter and PV Cell Safety Check

I needed a solar inverter and PV Cell safety check to meet the Evoenergy requirements to keep my system connected to the grid - must be done every five years. Was easy to arrange with Stag Electrical, they were able to get a qualified technician out to do the job within days of my request. Was a no hassle inspection, the technician knew their stuff and did the job quickly and efficiently, all the paperwork done and sent to Evoenergy, all good for another five years.

We're thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with us, Colin! Thank you for your kind words and for choosing our business. We hope to see you again soon!

Fantastic Company

Sales and quoting were very professional and easy to deal with.

Installation was done very professionally very tidy, very polite and very punctual.

Customer service has been excellent. they have helped with every bit of connection.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Simon. We appreciate your feedback!

Knowledgeable and fun to deal with

Polite, respectful, great knowledge of the products and above all fun to deal with. This goes from the initial presentation to the installation. Thanks Stag.

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave us a review, Julie. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Very happy

We studied various quotes and had a long debate. Stag was not the cheapest but we were impressed by their reputation/reviews and were able to negotiate slightly on price. Installation crew were fantastic, consultative, responsive and hard working - on the first day they arrived at 8am and left in the dark at 6pm!

Thank you, Michael, for your review. We're happy to hear that our team provided great service. We'll be sure to pass along your kind words to them.

Sun trapped

Ike arrived, asked our needs and wants. Completed his site survey. Quote arrived hours later. We accepted and hey presto. We had our solar system addition. Stag were not the cheapest but offered the latest solar panels and a top quality inverter. Gave a complete hand over and remained on site until everything was perfect.
Will be calling Stag Electrical when batteries become affordable.

We're thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with us, Matthew! Thank you for your kind words and for choosing our business. We hope to see you again soon!

Great service.

Really appreciated the time to quote in person. Installers were prompt and communicative. Explained everything as they were going. Left things tidy. This all made it a very simple process.

We're so grateful for your amazing review, Gillian. We appreciate your support and we can't wait to welcome you back!

Attention to detail. Broad base of skills. Excellent communication at all steps. Personal touch evident always, flexible and responsive.

They helped with everything solar plus other outstanding electrical work. Made everything easy. Responsive to all requirements! Very neat and good looking job too.

We're thrilled that we could meet your expectations and provide you with a great service! Thank you, Richard, for your kind words and for choosing our business. We hope to see you again soon!

Very Happy

Stag were the only provider to visit onsite to view before quoting. They were punctual and quote provided that day. Had a follow up conversation where price was negotiated and went ahead the next day. The installation team were great. Complex install on 8 different roof faces. Great team leader. Very tidy with no rubbish or small bits of metal left on the ground. Even checked out my hot water system I was having an issue with. The commitment of the team to work through drizzle and 5 degree temperature to finish the job on the second day has to be commended. Grid connection was organised as well as submitting request for new meter. Hopefully new meter will turn up soon.

We're so grateful for your fantastic review. It's clients like you who make our work so rewarding. Thank you, Marg, for your kind words and for choosing our business. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Professional and efficient

The quoting process was excellent. The representative was punctual, not pushy, and answered all my questions very well. They took their time to ensure I could make an informed decision. Their final solar solution was consistent with the other quotes I received. I chose Stag electrical because their price was the most competitive, and I was impressed with the customer service thus far.

After choosing Stag, they were able to install the system within one week. They sorted out all the various applications and paperwork for compliance, and the upgrade to a smart meter. They were punctual on the day, and the team were polite, considerate and completed the work on time. They left the work areas clean and tidy, with no breakages and they explained the use of the app for the inverter.

They organised the grid installation, and gave me contact numbers for their local headquarters staff in case I had future questions, or needed assistance with any aspect following the installation.

Highly recommended

Thank you, Paul! We're so grateful for your amazing review. It's customers like you who make our work so rewarding. Thank you for your kind words and for recommending our business. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Great Customer Service. Helpful, informative and responsive

Technical Team were tidy & professional

Sales Team were informative and very easy to engage with

Great local company. Highly recommend Stag
Electrical.

We're overjoyed to receive your positive review! Thank you, Gerard, for your kind words and for recommending our business. We're grateful for your support and can't wait to serve you again.

Stag Electrical Solar installation

This team were quick, efficient and punctual. There was a small issue with one of our new tiles but they came back and fixed it promptly. I'd highly recommend them.
The talked me through the process of upgrading my meter and ensured I was across everything.

Thank you, Rebecca, for your review and for recommending our business! We're delighted to hear that you had a positive experience with us and we appreciate your support.

Incredibly fast service and a great price.

Excellent sales service and very helpful quoting process. Everything in the quote was very easy to understand. The installation was neat and tidy and I was shown how everything works and how to use the inverter and mobile phone app.
Thanks again Stag Eletrical for the very fast and reliable service.

Thank you for the fantastic review, Alex! We're thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Amazing service

We had been waiting many months for a quote for a solar system. Stag Electrical responded within the day, were onsite 2 days later to quote. Received the quote 1 day later and the system was installed the following Monday. All the staff at Stag were polite and courteous. The weather was horrendous on the day of the install but the guys just continued on doing a brilliant job in cold and wet conditions. I would highly recommend Stag to anyone thinking of a solar system, or indeed any electrical work.

We appreciate your kind words and are glad to hear that you had a great experience with us, Peter! Thank you for choosing our business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Stag electrical solar

Extremely efficient and professional. They also have the best quote format where you can adjust the size of the unit to suit your budget and requirements.

Thank you, Tim, for taking the time to leave us a fantastic review and for choosing Stag Electrical for your Solar needs. We hope to be of service again to you in the future.

They simply were the best.

The were the only ones to come out and do a site visit to check the shade produced by a tree nearby then suggested which system would work the best for me. Guys were lovely to deal with and called me when they had a cancellation to come sooner, then went through the new switchboard and the inverter and the app.

Thank you for your review, Victoria! We're happy to hear that our team provided great service. We appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!