Stag Electrical Solar and Refrigeration

Stag Electrical Solar and Refrigeration Reviews

We help families and business save money by pioneering renewable energy and reducing downtime, without the trust or reliability issues associated with the industry.

At Stag Electrical we know response time is paramount and we are waiting for the call to keep your business running when it matters the most.

We are the leading authority on renewable energy and believe that educating our customers to make the smartest decision for them sets us apart from our competitors.

Established in 2007, our team of 22 at Stag Electrical Solar & Refrigeration have over 13 years of experience providing expert customer service.

Sam Friend the managing director has slowly grown the business to this size refining the process along the way to ensure a solid foundation and will be here for years to come!

We currently offer our services across 2 states ACT and NSW. We have offices in Canberra and Young servicing Murrumbateman, Temora, Cowra, Yass, Boorowa, Cootamundra, Grenfell and Harden. With our 24-hour call-out service and office staff at the ready, we ensure to never let you down! We are a one-stop location, offering expert services in many fields making it easier for our customers.

All you have do is call and let us take care of the rest. Above all, we hold our stand of work at the highest regard and guarantee our quality of workmanship 100%. At Stag Electrical Solar & Refrigeration great service is just the beginning.

Reviewers report paying: $5,729 - $12,100 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Stag Electrical Solar and Refrigeration Reviews (28)

4.4/5

Very professional, on time and answers all the questions I asked. Prompt and efficient.

Quoting and Sales was right on and the installation was all done in one day. The boys were polite, tidy and on time. They were very prompt in organising the meter box to be upgraded and has kept in contact with us to let us know where they are up to.

Fast workers and very professional about there work

All above they we polite tidy punctual .Customer service very good. Yes they organise the grid connection.I was very happy I didn’t need the battery I got the 10kw because the house is big got 25 panels very happy thank you.

Great system

Just had my Sungrow/Trina 400W system installed, very neat and the guys were super co-operative and clean.
Still need the meter reset but hopefully that will happen quickly.

Very Helpful

The people were helpful both in explanations and assisting the many steps (of paperwork) required. They have gone the extra yards when it was need not leaving me out in the cold.

So far so good

Super quick once quote accepted. They were there within a couple of days. Installers were very professional. I got all quotes through solarquotes listings. I was quoted slightly less than stag electric (900) dollars from another company but they were saying they use a different inverter, and would be a while to get the same system. So I figured I wasn’t going to get any better deal.

Great installation

Quoting process was informative and certain matters/questions were explained. Installation was punctual and staff were polite at all times. Customer service lacked details as to the question "what happens next after acceptance of the quote"

Did not take into account family member working from home when power was cut off for over 5 hours. This was managed much better second time round. Various emails received without any explanation as to how to carry out the requested matters to be done. This created many phone calls to get details. Never was advised that we had to apply for a meter upgrade not how to do this. Other than these administration issues that caused us loss of time all was great

Hi john

Sorry to hear you feel like you didn't get enough information on what was going on. We will take this on board and will make some changes to avoid this happening in the future.

I would like to point out the email you were sent upon acceptance of the quote outlining the process including the meter upgrade and who is responsible for what parts of it. See below.

Thanks again for choosing Stag Electrical.

Hi John,

Thank you for choosing Stag Electrical, Solar and Refrigeration! We are excited to get started and bring you energy savings.

We’ve outlined what the next steps so you have a clear understanding of the process. If you have any questions along the way, please don’t hesitate to reach out as I’d be happy to answer any questions.

Step 1) Review and accept your contract on Open Solar
First step, you will need to review and accept your contract.

Step 2) Pay your deposit
Once your deposit is paid, we can put the wheels in motion.

Step 3) We talk to the electricity distributor for approvals
We need to get permission from the electricity distribution network before we can connect your solar panels to the electricity distribution network.

Step 4) Order materials
We order the components that you’ve selected. This usually doesn’t take too long, however sometimes there are delays when suppliers are short on stock. We will let you know when this happens and can suggest alternative parts if you’d prefer not to wait.

Step 5) Book in your installation
Once all your materials arrive, we will be in touch to book in your installation.

Step 6) Install and adjust
We arrive to install and adjust your system.

Step 7) We supply all compliance paperwork
So that you can take advantage of the Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme, we need to provided signed compliance documentation to the Clean Energy Regulator.

Step 8) You notify your electricity retailer
Once you have all your compliance paperwork you are able to notify your electricity retailer and they can organise to update your tariff and upgrade your meter if nessesary. Don't worry this is done at no charge! We can assist you with the information if necessary but we cannot apply on your behalf as personal details are required.

I gained the trust in their expertise.

Quoting process was cooperative and useful. Installation was punctual, professional, very polite and tidy. Customer service was very good and helpful. Thank you.

Professional and efficient install

Panel and battery system was efficiently and effectively designed, sized and installed as discussed. Strongly recommend.

Great team

The Stag team were good communicators, turned up on time, delivered and did the hand over. Very professional all round.

Smooth process from go to woah

The quoting process was quick and efficient and answered all my questions. The install of a 10kw system began a week later and after only one minor hiccup with the alignment of panels (due to my roof) the team had the system up and running and looking good. Very happy with the end result and will be looking forward to installing a battery in a few years time when the prices have come down and/or the NSW govt expand their battery pilot program to the rest of the state.

Stag Electrical - Solar Install

I rate Stag Electrical quite highly as they were prompt in providing a quote. In addition, the sales rep was very knowledgeable and his suggested system size and positioning of panels was very appropriate.
While they were not the cheapest quote, they were the most complete with the inclusion of meter box replacement and all necessary components required for the system (ie optimizers and inverter).

The system was installed within 5 days of accepting the quote. The installers were very quick taking 2 days to install the entire system.
Stag lodged the required documentation with local authorities and arranged for the government electrical inspector to inspect the install.
Stag were required to return to fix a minor wiring issue and were there within an hour to resolve the issue. As a local supplier with locally engaged staff they provide a very comprehensive post sales support if needed.

I recommend Stag to anyone who is looking to install a solar system

Stag Electrical recommended

The quotation went OK with exception of a small surprise increase in cost due to recent ACT safety requirements. Seems some smart meters have been the cause of house fires. At first it was going to be an additional $1700 on the quote we first accepted for a larger meter box and safety switchbut but ended up additional $700 for safety upgrade of existing meter box and safety switch.

Communication was great and installation process fantastic with minimal disruption to power. Tony and his team worked exceptionally hard and we were connected to the solar and grid quickly. Very satisfied with the communication and service from Adam Tony and the team.

I was not aware that we had to contact ActewAgl ourselves to arrange the new smart meter but no problem as it can be arranged after installation. Our system was a 9.2Kw battery system so quite substantial and was up and running in a day and a half.

We have paid the cost in full.

Efficient, prompt, helpful installer

Sales/quoting process quick and simple - good explanation of things
Installation amazing - Turned up at 7am left at 7pm - never stopped. All done in the one day
Cleared up - everything immacuate
Polite and helpful team of installers
Customer service prompt and first class.
Helped with form for grid connection

NB: Minor glitch with new fuses - rang company - electrician returned within 1/2 hour and fixed.

Great company to deal with

Stag were very effecient feom start to finish. Quality at a good price was what we were after and they delivered. A very goid experience all round

Responsive, professional local firm

Prompt response to our initial inquiry, with careful and detailed on-site assessment before developing the design and quotation. Design was ready for review and discussion within a week, and installation was completed within a month.
Components were selected with our budget, likely patterns of usage and available feed-in tariffs in mind. They looked after all necessary paperwork and approvals, including for subsidies, and the paperwork was quite seamless for us.
The team doing the roof installation and cabling were thorough and left everything clean and tidy; they were finished in just over a day. Battery and smart monitor installation and grid connection were completed the next day and then we were up and running!

Personal Contact through the process

Throughout the process I received contact via phone as well as a Home visit before the quote was accepted.
I asked many questions and received a definite answer and if the consultant was unsure they investigated and then gave me an answer.

Good efficient service

Friendly staff and went above and beyond to replace existing broken tiles

Original Review on 13-01-2021:

Great, very quick service.

All the installers were polite, friendly and well dressed. We were impressed by their professionalism and their work ethics and how quickly they worked as a team. Would happily recommend them to anyone, and would not hesitate to use the company again. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Des: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Hard to judge at this time as I have had credit from my previous address.

Good to do business with

Quoting process was very informative. Polite tidy and punctual! Helped organise grid conection

Very helpful clean and tidy

They organised everything very polite no fuss felt that I could trust them quoting system easy to understand

Good installation

Good work all round, will tell all friends and relies what a good job they did.

Quality work by a professional team

The guys from Stag installed a solar power system and aircon unit at my off-grid cabin near Boorowa. They were friendly, efficient and professional, turned up on time for the two days that they were there, and left the place clean and tidy. I'm very happy with the quality of their work.

Stag Electrical

Total package was excellent. Definitely use them again. Good company to deal with.

Very easy to deal with. Great communication.

Cannot complain at all. Communication was fantastic right from the start. Quotes given were detailed and easy to understand. Staff that attended our home were polite and easy to talk to. System was installed with ease and on time.

Highly Recommend

I recently had Stag install Solar at my home and I couldn't be happier with how it went. From the phone consult, to the home inspection and installation, I was genuinely suprised how respectful and friendly every team member I dealt with was. The install was very efficient, and they were very tidy, leaving the area exactly how it was before they came. I couldn't be happier with the team from Stag and would recommend them to anyone.

Very Good Team of Installers - We feel confident that the install was completed to a very high standard

We liked the time that our STAG representative took to physically turn up and evaluate the requirements, leading to an accurate quote that allowed for double brick, high house from the ground, thick terracotta tiles, and the complexities of the home itself. STAG was by no measure the cheapest system - we were not after the cheapest - we wanted a quality installation by qualified technicians and we wanted respectful, efficient and effective installers. The team were excellent during the instalation, with every effort being made to assist where they could in maintaining a neat and tidy workplace and also in working with us, assisting to complete a tidy up after the job. We dealt also with the owner and he ensured that the team allocated to our job was the best available. We explained that the cost was a significant investment for us and that our wishes were that the installation was done extremely well and that there was a good level of warrantee applied to all components. The owner was receptive and accommodated our requests by extending the installation warranty and including a usage monitoring device also. We think that many systems out there in the market place would be half the price - but also half the quality and we would rather pay more up front and set and forget the system - knowing that the work was completed competently and that the team of installers were well qualified and attentive in their work.

Great workmanship & Solar expertise!

A quick and easy quoting process, very competitive local rates.
Ordered and installed within 7 days of final order!
The team were very fast, efficient and incredibly meticulous in they're craft and showed great workmanship in both their solar and general electrical work.

I’d definitely recommend Stag electrical for not only solar installation but all aspects of electrical work. I look forward to there ongoing support and remote monitoring of my new system and hope others can experience the same great service that I have. Thanks Stag Electrical!