Sunterra

Sunterra Reviews

As per their website:

"Sunterra was established in December 2010, Perth, Western Australia.

Since then, we have expanded our operations into New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia."

Reviewers report paying: $1,900 - $11,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Sunterra Reviews (334)

4.4/5

so helpful from sales to installation

The salesman Dean was fantastic, the installation was on time and so friendly and making sure i understood everything after installation, now looking forward to slash my bills with my 6.6kw system, thank you to all the Sunterra group

They are the best

Im impressed by the efficiency of Sunterra's sales and installation personnel. They spot on, prompt, kind and experts. They tried to find the best solution for me. I would upgrade my system with them next time, too.

Happy

I'm impressed by the efficiency of Sunterra's sales and installation personnel, in upgrading my solar array and adding batteries. Bad weather meant the physical work had to be done on two days, but it meant no hardship for me the customer.

Best investment we’ve made

Great team at Sunterra from start to finish - accurate & detailed quotations; site inspections; installations and follow up. We had initial system installed with battery and second battery 6 months later. Power bills now at their smallest with pool pump running 8 hrs a day and bore twice a week. Very impressed with efficiency of system and also ability to monitor when away from home via phone app. Thank you Team Sunterra.

Fantastic customer service

I bought 6.6kW system. Process was very smooth. The process was very smooth from start to end. Hakim was very helpful, and answered all my concerns. He followed up with me during installation, and made sure everything was as planned.
I would recommend this company

Top quality installation.

We had A1 service with the sales and quoting process and if we had any questions they were answered promptly.
The installers were punctual and the installation was very neat and tidy, also had a lot of knowledge on the whole workings of the battery system.
We had a slight hiccup on the day of installation but it was quickly sorted out for us .
The battery is working very well even though we haven’t had lots of sunshine.
Would thoroughly recommend sunterra.
Thanks guys.
Jill.

Best services - Presentation, Prices, Promptness and Quality

Starting from quotes presentation with complete details & specifications to promptly addressing queries to completion of Installation to after sales Customer service, are to best quality high standards. I see myself as a tough customer, who looks at micro level yet is impressed, means for sure Sunterra is doing a great job. Thanks and best wishes to Sunterra and the team.

Great guys

I've had a great experience with everyone at Sunterra. The man I spoke to when I first rang to the men who installed the system for me. They were all very polite friendly and helpful and did absolutely everything including cleaning up after themselves and taking the rubbish away. I would highly recommend this product and Company I'm extremely happy with all of it

Sunterra are tops

I contacted Sunterra some time ago for a quote to install a solar system onto my strata titled home. Landon was very helpful but not pushy. He explained everything, from acceptance, approval to the install process.
Once approval had been granted by Western Power, Sunterra called within a day to arrange a site inspection. Within 2 days, measurements and roof inspections were completed.
Two installers and an electrician arrived a week later to start the install. Working from diagrams and photographs of my roof, they explained how the install would progress.
Installation of my 9 panel system was completed only a few hours later.
After their clean up, the supervisor explained to me how the system worked and how solar energy values were produced via a very simple phone app.

Great job Sunterra

Great company to deal with.

The experience I had with Sunterra Adelaide from initial enquiry to installation of solar panels and batteries was excellent. Sales team was polite, professional, knowledgeable. I was kept informed at all stages of the project. Installation was very neat and the job left spotless. The price of the system was competitive and the whole process was completed in a timely manner. Well done Sunterra.

Happy with the service and job.

The quotation was very easy to understand. The Installation team, led by Trevor were very knowledgeable and worked well together; they worked nearly all day & cleaned up after themselves, they were very polite. Overall we were very pleased with the job they did

Sales and installation great value

Sales team were professional and friendly. Engineer inspection was very helpful with what to expect and very though of the process. Installation was difficult due to location we wanted of inverter but they perceveried and installed. Sparkie and installers were professional, friendly, and tidy.
Would recommend to anyone. Thanks

Sunterra - A Solar Provider who is in touch with the 21st Century

Sunterra provided a very simple mechanism to get a quote, beginning at their website and then being followed up by a call from a professional sales executive. The quotes were realistic and much more competitive than similar providers.
The installation went like clockwork, with the installers turning up on time, efficiently working through the instal and then finishing up with a comprehensive handover. The place was left in a very clean and tidy condition, reflective of a quality accredited company.
As for their customer service team, they did all the right things for me, openly communicating aspects like the final quotes which were detailed clearly, appointment setup, ensuring the team turned up on time and even advising me of their names to ensure I was comfortable with who would be attending our property for the installation. At the conclusion of the installation, I got a call from that team to ensure everything went well and to ensure I was satisfied with the outcome.
I have nothing but good comments to share about the installation of my solar system with battery backup. Well done Sunterra!

Great efficiency and customer service. Value for money

Excellent customer service from start to finish. Installation was efficient and completed earlier than expected.

Highly recommended.

Excellent quality and service

I was extremely happy with the service from Sunterra from start to finish. I was offered a quality package within my budget which was measured, delivered and installed promptly. I noticed that the Sunterra team worked together extremely well. Each completing their role to a very high standard to see the job to completion. I have been very happy with my solar panels and use the additional app provided to monitor my home energy output vs energy imports from the grid. I have recommended Sunterra to friends and will be using them for home battery add on when the battery rebates become available.
Thanks Sunterra. Jodi L Karrinyup.WA

Very professional installer and satisfied with the costumer service team

The price they given to us was pretty competitive and the salesman not pushy the installation went pretty smooth no drama

Well pleased

Commencing a request for a quotation and start date thru to the installation was an indication of professionalism and of attention to detail,the team installing the system including all the electrics were first class, very impressive. Would I recommend Sunterra , yes I most certainly would, Tony Thorp

Excellent service from start to finish

I have purchased solar previously through Sunterra and I was pleased back then with the process to find the correct system that i needed and this time was no exception i knew what i wanted and Graham sorted the rest of the system and install very quick to sort everything out as well it took 1 week to install the system and I was very pleased with the installers.

Great Investment

Prompt, fast and accurate communication.
Well equipped, able and friendly installers.
Great communication throughout the process.

Fantastic service

I contacted sunterra on a friday morning with my simply energy bill and talked to graham. He informed me he would be my contact and gave me his direc5 modile phone number. We discussed the system and graham answer3d all my questions, even afte4 i read the contract i was able to ring him and he was happy to answer my questions.
My installer was sebastian and his crew. Very friendly group and efficient. I would certainly recommend them. They were punctial and efficient.
Please excuse my spelling, i can blame the small keys and athritic fingers.
Thanks guys

Very Happy

Very happy with service Hakim was easy to talk to and no sales BS to get you to sign up.
Installers were very good and accommodating.

Excellent service and product

Excellent service and advice from Hakim, was very happy with first system and got second one. Very professionally installed by Sam and his team.

Thanks Sunterra

Sunterra Solar did a great job. Arrived on time and worked hard all day despite rain showers. They made an effort to make sure the job was as neat as possible, and maintained communication before, during and after the install. Also very helpful with the supplier/government paperwork, procedures etc

Simply excellent!!

Sunterra provided an excellent service from initial conversations, through a multitude (sorry Dean!) of alternative system configurations and quotes, installation, and commissioning. Highly recommended! :-)

Daves install

What you want is good service that is what i got honest and reliable

100% recommend!!

Extremely happy with the whole process.
From organising to install was effortless.
The crew on the day were professional and took the time to explain everything properly.
Extremely happy

Brilliant customer service and perfect installation

Brilliant communication throughout the entire process keeping me informed of all available options including organising (and being patient) with two site visits and remeasurements to ensure maximum system utilisation. Installation has been done immaculately and all staff have been a pleasure to deal with.

A professional customer service from initial enquiry to handover - WA.

As senior citizens, it was a mind boggling experience choosing what solar PV system best suited our needs. Once overcoming our initial concerns the initial technical report outlined very clearly what system generated best potential savings and the overall cost and hardware choice.
If you expect to have a solar system on your roof tomorrow, forget it, as an application needs to be submitted to the energy office and like all government departments, authorization and due diligence takes time.
During that wait time a SunTerra inspector came to home to survey the site and made an installation plan and carried out a roof inspection for his team to eliminate any unforeseen problems on the day of installation.
He noted we had a plasterboard ceiling in the garage where battery and inverter were to be fixed. We learnt that new regulations required a heat shield (fibro-cement sheet) be adhered to the roof space above the equipment. We were given the option of a company fix or a DIY job and chose the latter.
We paid the initial deposit and a some time later coordinated the date and time for the instal and those arrangements confirmed a few days before the installation. We were kept in the loop.
Surprisingly the installers arrived at the time on the day arranged and after checking the location of the panels, inverter and battery got straight in to it.
Coming from a trades background I was very impressed by the professional manner they went about their task, exercising a lot of care not to cause any damage to our roof and gutters.
An hour after the installers started the electrician arrived and once again went through the location of entry points for his connections, a very quick process that was completed on his return in the afternoon.
On completion he set up the WiFi and ran us through the basic operations of the system and informed the app. would be available one or two days after the lodgement process with the manufacturer. Very helpful.
We heard back from their head office within two days with all certification of the manufacturers extended warranties, another hassle free experience for us. We were extremely pleased with the professional attitude SunTerra promoted from our initial enquiries to handover.
When the trades completed the job, our property and their work area was spotless even running a broom over the garage floor leaving it pristine.
It has been a pleasurable experience doing business with a company that promotes a professional customer relationship through all levels of their company and we conclude in saying we are very happy with our choice.

Great advice, excellent service, fast and problem free installation.

Great advice, excellent service, fast and problem free installation. What more could you ask for?

The Sunterra team upgraded my inverter and installed 2x6.5kW batteries to my existing 6.6kW system. The initial consultation was informative, not pushy at all and helped me understand what my system was capable of and what I could expect from a performance and cost saving perspective so I could calculate my return on investment and capital payback period.

The install team were fast and efficient and left my garage cleaner than they found it!

Would highly recommend the Sunterra team if you are looking at upgrading your existing system to be supported by solar batteries.

Great from Go to Whoa!

Prompt quote which they stuck to. Made appointments and kept them. Quick and professional installation. What more could I ask for? Thoroughly recommend Sunterra

Great price and product, professional installation.

We had a 5kW system, 3phase installed. Sunterra matched a very competitive price, was very friendly and honest in all dealings and the installation team friendly and professional. The installation was not 100% straightforward and as we live in a heritage house with a steep roof in Fremantle with limited access. Sunterra was quick, tidy, on time and did not focus on difficulties but solutions. It could not have been better, I can highly recommend Sunterra from our own experience.

Very professional company

Sunterra we’re a very organised, efficient and professional company. Their quote was competitive, their service very good, their installation team were wonderful and the equipment is working well. I would certainly recommend Sunterra WA

Landon from customer service was great. No bull shit which was much appreciated. Installers great very helpful

Sales and quote was honest and went smoothly. Installers were very polite punctual and tidy.
Customer service Landon was very good and very helpful with the whole process.

Good customer service

The Sunterra team is professional and reliable. They were great from the initial phone call to follow-up emails and installation.

Thank you to Ross, my initial contact point, and the installation team Steve and others whose name I didn't get.

It's only been a week since my installation and I've been pleased with the transaction so far.

Good job

Ross was great with the quote and explanation of panels and inverter. Quick quote. The installers on the day were great, asked me if I was happy with final positioning of panels and inverter. They worked hard all day. Polite and very tidy job, no mess for me to clean up. Thank you everyone at Sunterra.

Professional solar company

Highly recommend Sunterra Solar for solar installations. Professional team from the beginning (quote), grid connection, then to the finished product and awesome installers that care on how the installation looks and operates. Explained the workings of our system so we knew what was going on. Our installers were friendly and prompt as well as careful. All our roof tiles survived the installation!!! The wireless app is detailed and gives us a great overview at any time. Well done and thank you

Recommended for everyone!

Very reliable and genuine company.
Excellent communication with willingness to help. System is working perfectly well. Very competitive price saving money.

Solar panel installation

Job was well done neat and tidy and the MAIN thing was eventually the main man of the installation team put the panels exactly where I wanted them . So now any time of the day some panels are working. But happy with the instal

Solar panels and batteries

Excellent service , value for money , and very helpful ,graham was good always return s calls polite installers very good and clean very happy with everything

Looks great and works well with the Battery

Dean was very professional with his quote and follow up.
Installation went well and the installers arrived on time and very professional
Customer service was brilliant with handover and all the warranty documents supplied.

Overall tidy job, good installation, I am happy!

Good customer service, frequent phone calls and emails with regards to when the installation will be taking place.

Installers did a good job, all looks clean and tidy. They arrived as per schedule (7am to start work - and finished by ~12pm - this included removing my old system).

System is working optimally, generating 5000kw during peak time.

I am happy with the overall experience and no issues at all during any part of the process. Happy to recommend them to anyone else.

Highly Recommended Provider

All interactions with this provider were top notch. Questions were all answered thoroughly, the installation was quick and efficient, installers were very friendly.

Easy process

Can't fault the process from receiving the quote to the installation. The only reason I didn't give five stars is when the panels are producing power the led lights on my range hood pulsate, wasn't there prior to installation. Any feedback on the cause would be welcomed.

Great company to deal with

The Sunterra team is highly professional and the installation went on schedule and we are very happy with the outcome. We hit a glith 3 weeks later with a hardware failure and, as testimony of a good company, the after sales support we received from Abdullah Chaudhry in attending and fixing the issue is second to none. A big thankyou also to Felipe who had to bear the heatware. I will not hesitate in recommending Sunterra.

Very efficient

Very happy with the solar system installed. Everything was done very efficiently from sales, to design, to install. Ross was very quick to respond my e-mails and answer any questions I had. Installers were very tidy and completed the job very quickly. I can see that the panels layouts were well designed as our inverter reports maximum power consistently during the peak hours of the day. Overall very happy customer and will recommend to others.

Great Experience

Had a great experience with Sunterra. The installer Matt was amazing and consultant Hakim was quick in organising everything. Got it installed in 3weeks.

Amazing company with great service

I had such a great experience with Sunterra. The service was fantastic, they were so quick and honest with the installation. The installation of the battery looks amazing and very modern and also, so easy to operate - so anyone can understand how to use it.
I will defiantly recommend Sunterra to my friends and family.
A huge thank you to Mr Landon - such a gentlemen, he was honest throughout the process which is an amazing skill to have.

I am one very happy customer!

System working well

Getting a quote was fast, although we were not visited, they used a Google maps photo. This led to some changes when the installers arrived. The installers were well organized and discussed the changes required to make the installation fit. This required the use of a micro inverter which was extra. however they completed the job in about 8 hours.

The system was inspected about 2 weeks later and approved and turned on. The battery arrived about 7 weeks later due to Covid and Christmas. Again certification was about two weeks later on Jan 17. Battery install team was on time and the install was was quick and neat. The data logger was not working properly and a team arrived the following day to fix it. A new logger was installed and working in 20 minutes.

Quote was received 12/09/2021, system certified and working on 17/01/2022. Communication could have been a bit more often but the process was straight forward and battery subsidy actions completed in a timely manner.

Would recommend them for further work. might even get a second battery if this one is reliable.

Highly Recommend

Sunterra provided a Seamless & professional process, from our initial inquiry & quote from Graham, then followed by a site inspection from Brandon who immediately put my mind at ease (I'm a fussy, proud home owner!)

Installation was carried out 2 days later by Brandon & Johanna (yes a husband & wife team!) They were amazing, arrived on time, courteous, professional & very tidy and did a fantastic job!

Highly Recommend Sunterra & the above team!

Great overall Experience

The whole process was made very easy. Through initially speaking with Dean and Phillipe coming out to so the site inspection, the quote arrived a few hours later and very reasonably priced.

On installation day the crew arrived slightly before expected which was great (previous experience is these types of jobs always running late) and they got to work straight away. Very neat job and efficiently installed in around 7 hours. All the guys involved were very professional, polite and respectful.

I would have no issue in recommending these guys to anyone looking for a solar system installed.