Sunterra Reviews

About Sunterra, Solar Installers

Sunterra

Estimated pricing for system: $2,699 - $6,290 depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

As per their website:

"Sunterra was established in December 2010, Perth, Western Australia.

Since then, we have expanded our operations into New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia."

Sunterra Solar Reviews

6.6kw Solar System with battery storage

6.6kw Solar System- 330w Jinko panels, Growatt 5kw hybrid inverter with 2 x 6.5 kwh Growatt Batteries.
Very good experience all round. Competitive pricing. Sales process was good with a very knowledgeable sales person assisting with all my questions (of which they were many) Lead times were good, with the only issue being delays from the SAPN approval process, which is fairly standard given the volume of jobs in their system. Once the system was approved, very quickly Sunterra called me to book installation due to a cancelation. Installers came on time, on date all as promised. Fantastic Install team lead by Jorge, very courteous and conscientious. Neat and tidy installation as requested- can't fault the install team whatsoever. Customer service team were excellent to deal with and very helpful.
Fantastic product and after sales support- I recommend using Sunterra based on my experience.

Still waiting !!!

Sales Quoting was excellent, Still waiting on installation and customer service is terrible as you can never speak to the same person, and the left hand isn't talking to the right hand. Amazing that this is an accredited Solar Company. Here's hoping when it get installed they do a super job which makes up fo the terrible customer service. Show additional information

Negative Experience

Unfortunately our experience with this company was Negative.
The quoting process and sales team were good, and always happy to apologise, but nothing changed. The installers are what has left us very unhappy. If you live in NSW don't use this company due to the time difference in between states. When there's an urgent issue you cannot contact anyone.
Installers turned up to scope our property on a Sunday at 5:30pm, we had no idea they were coming. Unannounced. Lucky we were home.
20 panels were quoted, 16 would fit. Installers spoke very little english making it quite difficult to discuss. If we were not at home, the company would have installed panels that were too low a KW. It was amateur hour watching these 2 men work out how to get on the roof. If my husband hadn't helped them they would have damaged our guttering. They re-quoted the panels, however the installers did not turn up on the day arranged to install. I rang them at 12:30 they should have turned up at 7am. The second date they were to turn up they again did not turn up. I rang them at 8:50 to ask were they were, to find out they supposedly contacted the company the day before to cancel. Through us pushing the installers for a reason why they had not turned up, they said "they didn't want to do the job". Our roof is 25 degrees, not steep, easy to access, double story. I am still waiting for my deposit back this is 8 days ago.

10/10

My grandma purchased a 6.6kw solar system from Sunterra a few months ago for her Adelaide home. And it has put her bill in minus which is sensational. Service was excellent. A family friend electrician looked over the install work once it was done and could not fault a thing and advised us that they had used high quality products. 10/10 highly recommend! Show additional information

Better price

Value for money and quick turn around from quote to installation

Sales and quoting process was good and informative, they shared all the info I wanted to know .

Installation process was a bit stressful in relation to communication and what’s going on , the language barrier was the key factor here however the installation team was polite and did a good job which I am happy with.

Customer service was good , had to follow up on few instances but they turned around in a reasonable timeframe.

Overall I am happy with the level of engagement and customer service.

Customer service non existent - do not use this company

Notified Sunterra 4 weeks ago that I had an error code on my Fronius inverter. Still no time given as to when it will be fixed. I am losing power generation in the peak system but they don't care. Show additional information

Great installer

Great installer, quality of system unknown, just installed, not used yet. Show additional information

Disappointing Customer Service

I am frustrated with having to leave this review. As apart of the thorough due diligence i conducted prior to purchasing, I sent in a picture of the entire metre box as requested by the sales person. I was then in advised in writing that it would not have to be upgraded in order for the Energy Supplier to install a Smart Metre (which is a requirement in order to track feed-in tariffs).

After the solar system was installed and upon an electrician attending to complete the smart metre installation, I was instantly advised that the wiring is too old and would need to be upgraded by a Level 2 electrician. The cheapest quote I obtained for this was $978.

I raised this as an issue with Sunterra's Customer Service Manager , who said she would escalate the issue to the MD - Though I called and sent various follow-up emails, I never heard back regarding this issue. I will begin looking into what regulatory / legal options are available.

Installer's were great to deal with - Customer Service is non existent.

Hard to say as not yet connected with provider. But sure hope it will be great.

overall the put up of panels, inverter etc, was excellent Show additional information

Great Price. Poor customer service

Was very happy with the sales. The price was great for a 6.6kw system with a 5kw fronius and Jinko panels. Unfortunately as soon as the deposit was paid things didn't progress as smoothly as I would of liked. There was I hold up on the inverter due to an apparent nation wide shortage. That was fine but due to their lack of communication, I found myself ringing up every few weeks or so for updates as no one would ever contact me as promised. Installation went well and the system performs better than expected. But I'm still waiting for the paper work which will allow me to export to the grid. Again I have to call and email to try and get things moving. Hopefully it will be finalised soon.
Deposit paid - 1/10/19
Install - 24/12/19
Inspected and operational - 3/1/20
Grid connection - still waiting

Very pleased.

Very quick and neat. A good job at a good price. Very happy, thanks. Show additional information
Install all went really well but getting the government rebate looks to a real battle! Show additional information

Sunterra Recommended

After much research and deliberation we finally settled on a 6.6kw system offered by Sunterra. With a Fronius inverter and Risen Monoperc half cells, the overall price of $3699 was very competitive. Communication has been excellent throughout the process and we are extremely happy with the system. The installers were very professional, turned up on time and did a very tidy job. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Sunterra. Show additional information

Sunterra 6.6kw

The purchase was painless and the sales staff knowledgeable. Installed and connected to the grid in just six hours by Sunterra installers who were punctual, tidy, helpful, informative and polite. The 6.6kw system has produced a total of just over a megawatt in just 30 days. A promising return on investment already. Show additional information

Quality service, good customer service and stand by with price beat policy.

so far so good. Smooth process very quick installation. Fronius inverter and upgraded to Junko cheetah 330w through price beat policy. Total 6.6kw system. Price estimation includes single phase meter upgraded to digital. Hope it helps. Show additional information

Sunterra 3kw solar system

Everything was perfect and all under control at all times. From quoting to installing and all the paperwork they were very professional at all times.
My son recommended Sunterra after having a 6kw system put on and also was very happy with the stages.
I would recommend Sunterra to anyone who is looking at purchasing a solar system.

Quality system - Good customer service

The quoting process went very well. Daniel was knowledgeable of solar and provided relevant information when requested and follows up promptly.

On the day of install, 5 installers and an electrician arrived and finished the job within 4 hours. Initially, there were some panels that installed too close to the gutter which I've asked Sunterra to come back to re-adjust which they did within couple weeks. Overall, I'm quite happy with the whole process.

Sunterra do not service there customers

Sunterra was 3 months late on there quoted installation, I have several problems with the system. 1. inverter not connected to wifi after instalation to 4 weeks to come and fix.
2. inverter only lasted 14 months then took them 4 weeks to replace and the inverter was left still not connected to wifi i have now spent 3 weeks trying to get them to come and fix the problem, I paid extra for an inverter that I could monitor but they will not come and connect it to wifi.

I could not fault this company. They honoured the advertised price even though our house was far from straight forward

Competitive pricing, responsive sales rep, comprehensive quote covering; estimated performance, layout sketch of panels, review of power bills, photo of fuse box to confirm sufficient space and a site inspection within two days to verify the price, 10 year warranty, equipment offered checked out on review sites, installation within one week of order placement including Western Power smart meter. The only fault was a few broken tiles. Understandable for a 70 year old house. Show additional information

Efficient service and excellent communication makes a happy customer!

The quoting process was straight forward and factual. No high pressure sales tactics and Daniel in the office was extremely knowledgeable on the systems on offer and prompt on reply to any queries raised.
The installation date was as forecasted at point of sale and once booked the time and date scheduled was not changed.
Installation from a home owners perspective was straightforward and the technicians / installers were very friendly and informative on the process.
After install phone call was received by customer service team to make sure that as a customer we were happy with the install, and also to let us know that our warranty documentation would be emailed across.
All invoices and receipts were received almost immediately via email giving you the option of electronic filing or print out.
Sunterra team arranged everything with the energy provider and this has so far been seamless.
All round very happy customers and would highly recommend Sunterra as an option to consider to anyone looking for Solar Power.

Awesome Experience, Great Quality and Workmanship

Very good experience with sunterra, would highly recommend to anyone. Got a 6.6 kW system that is working very efficiently at the moment (~28 kWh per day and it is still Spring) Show additional information

Five star! Very highly recommended

The quoting process was friendly and detailed
The installation went really smooth with the technicians turned up on time, they were highly experienced, polite and did a fantastic job, thank you Luca, Roland and Jamil the sparky!

Great experience

Great service from the sales team right through to the installation. Excellent communication from the team . Thanks very much. Show additional information

Happy customer

Louie was very helpful with pricing and questions I had. The installers were great, communicated everything that was happening and were very friendly. Left everything neat and tidy. Show additional information

Good Installation and communications. Customer service so far has been very good

The whole system was negotiated, delivered and installed with good polite and efficient technicians. The energy retailer took a little time to change the meter over to a Smart Meter but this was carried out by a friendly Technician. The grid connection went well but as mentioned it took 3 weeks for the energy supplier to arrange for the meter change over, not a fault of the Solar Installing Company! Show additional information

Very Happy

Installation was completed today on time and on budget. Communication has been excellent and the installers/ electrician were polite and efficient. I asked them to take great care not to damage the membrane under the roof tiles and they assured me they would. The next heavy rain will see if there are any leaks due to the installation. I am not expecting any problems.
Very happy with the experience with Sunterra.

Easy quote, efficient installation, polite and punctual, great customer service. Show additional information

Proffessional from the start to the finish!

Fantastic customer service, proffessional and knowledgeable installers, a pleasure to deal with from start to finish! Show additional information

Thank you Sunterra - You "Brightened" my day!

Thanks go first to Daniel Alison, Senior Sales Representative for all his patience in answering my endless emails and queries in the lead up to the installation - you were very patient and helpful. I confirmed on Friday 28th June of my acceptance of their quotation - thanks for Landon for calling me on Monday morning 1st July to tie up an installation date - which we set for 7am Tuesday 2nd July.

Promptly at 7am on Tuesday, the two installers Luke and Rohan (?) arrived and commenced installation. I am very grateful for the efficiency and courtesy shown by not only Luka and Rohan - but also by the electrician Jamal who arrived shortly after to instal the inverter. On closer inspection, a few modifications were required from the proposed solar location, but Rohan sat down and discussed a more appropriate location. Luka was also extremely helpful to suggest that items in the garage could be re-arranged so the inverter could be installed into the inside double brick wall of the garage. This meant that the inverter is housed out of sight, whereas one company had proposed installing the inverter and switches on the outside of the garage along the path of the house.

Previous external advice had been that because of the size of the new meter, there would be insufficient space for the additional switch required, and that this could be mounted on the outside wall adjacent to the meter box. My thanks to Jamal who avoided this, by simply rearranging the existing fuses to accommodate the new requirements. All three all did an excellent job of work for which I'm very grateful, which caused little or no disruption to me, and as I looked around as their vehicles left, I realised that my original concern of a large inverter and two slightly smaller isolators being housed on the outside wall of my patio visible from the street were unfounded - as they were now discreetly hidden away in the garage. So I was both relieved and pleased, thank you Luka, Rohan and Jamal!

Special thanks also must go to Western Power - I had called them previously informing them that the meter would need to be upgraded. I called them again yesterday to ascertain the date of their visit. Western Power indicated this was scheduled for the end of the week, or 8th July at the latest. However, on return from a visit to the local shops, I was very pleased to see that Western Power had already arrived and were installing the new meter. It meant that the solar installation was completed, connected up to the new meter, and shown to be working all in one day - so a terrific outcome all round! Thanks to everyone for a great job done....

Finally it would be remiss of me to leave out the Sunterra Office Staff - I paid the final invoice on the evening of the installation - by this morning, I had a receipted invoice, together with information about the system installed, and a copy of the extended warranty.

It is obviously too soon to say how effective the new solar system will perform - but based on the service I have experienced up to now - I have high expectations! Many thanks......

Everything went 100 percent could not fault anything.

Bought 6.6 w 315w risen panels with sungrow inverter paid deposit 3weeks later on my roof Daniel salesman excellent knows what he's talking about could not fault one little bit. Show additional information

Fantastic team

Great team from deposit paid to fully installed in 10 days. Salesman Steve was exceptional, kept me up to date with progress and made the whole process easy. Got a 6.6kw system with growatt inverter and couldn't be happier. Has wifi function do I can see the amount produced easily. Would definitely recommend sunterra the installers were great to and it didn't take them long. Show additional information
As you would have seen from my plans, I have put down a $100 deposit for a 13.23kw system for $8k which probably won't be installed until December or later if I'm lucky.

I have also paid extra to increase the Warranty for the Inverter from 5-10 years instead of purchasing one of the top brands.
As I'm purchasing two units, a smaller one for the Granny flat, I have to watch my budget.

From all of the information received, all Companies only offer 25 years for panels, and 10 years for Inverters.

So from my experience and reading and listening from others, my analogy is like purchasing a Commodore and a BMW - they both do the same job, some cost more and you can also purchase a Monday/Friday items with all of the faults and others run the distance.

Thank you once again as you are a very knowledgeable man, with a lot of experience which also helps to keep the others up to a Standard.
Spoke with Steve yesterday, professional, polite and extremely helpful. Received a call from Landon later that day to say they could be installed tomorrow. Came home from work at 4.30 to find Rainer scoping the job, received a call from Landon to say everything was ready to go. 7 am today they were there, polite, helpful efficient, professional and friendly. Panels look great, inverter exact position i requested for no extra cost. The follow up with my pack was efficient and friendly. I found everyone to do with this organisation and my installation to be brilliant , efficient and helpful and i would recommend them anytime. Thank you all for making this experience painless and uncomplicated and offering me the very best advice for my solution and not just promoting the highest cost option. Show additional information
AVOID At All Costs
Once you get past the promises of the sales consultant this is a back yard operation that has no clue I even go so far as to say they rope you in promising the best quality products at the best prices with no intention of actually installing them.

After waiting 7 weeks and ringing weekly to check that everything was on track even making a phone call 2 days prior to the installation
the installers show up wanting to half install my system saying that my Inverter was not available and would come back another time to finish the installation.

I refused and the installer left I then asked the Sunterra consultant that i required an email from the company that stated on the next installation date they will fully complete the installation with the agreed items or i would receive as compensation a discount of the installation price ( i did this as i read so many horror story reviews of people waiting months for there installations to be completed and i wanted to force their hand)
the consultant flatly refused and demanded my account details for a refund.

I gave them my bank details and am now waiting for my refund
You really need to ask yourself why would they refuse if everything is genuine and above board they would have made sure
that the installation went without a hitch with all the items agreed to installed.

It is my opinion that Sunterra go all out to get you so frustrated with there lies and empty promises that they hope you cave in and except inferior components so tread your own path just make sure its not with Sunterra
We don't recommend Sunterra, the installer incorrectly installed the invertor and damaged the iron roof causing $3500 worth of damage. We have had to seek assistance from Adelaide Consumer Business Services. Sunterra has a poor work ethic, does not reply to emails, makes excuses and does nothing about the problem, they have been misleading in phone calls. It has taken 6 weeks to get the invertor rectified. Its been 8 weeks and Sunterra have done nothing about the damaged roof, CBS are now involved we will go to court over this!! Its a poor attitude how this company can damage your property and does nothing about it!! Communication is poor and lack of responsibility. Show additional information
System installed: 6.6kW Risen Mono PERC panels, 5kW Fronius 3-phase inverter

When I decided to add more panels to my roof, I contacted a handful of "online" companies (including Sunterra), as well as 2 local companies. The initial package offered by the online companies all came in between $3-4k for 6.5 kW of panels, with a 5kW inverter, with the local companies coming in at $9k and $13k.

I began my research. There is a considerable amount of reviews out there warning against under-priced systems, with issues largely relating to installation quality and after sales service/guarantees. I researched all panels and inverters, and also the companies offering the service, to see how long they have been around (using the same company name/abn).

The panels offered by the majority of the companies were all quite good (shockingly), but I wanted Mono panels larger than 300W. The Risen Mono PERCS suited my needs and had reasonable reviews. The inverters vary a lot, and for a relatively small increase in price, I went with a Fronius. I couldnt take the risk of a Solis, or GroWatt etc etc. Fronius or SMA is the way to go. Sunterra were the only online company that a) Had an Australian salesman answer the phone, and b) been around for almost 10 years with reasonable reviews. This relaxed my concerns that they might actually be around to warrant any claim if it arose. I also spoke directly with Risen who confirmed that Sunterra are one of their biggest customers, and that Risen would warrant the panels should Sunterra not be around. In addition to this, Sunterra use their own installers, not contractors who could be blamed for any issues. The other online companies either hadnt been around for long or used extremely pushy salesmen. It would have been great to support a local installer, but I couldn't justify double the price.

The installation was done 2 days ago, and it looks good. The installers were neat, cleaned up after themselves and did a good job. Yesterday the system produced 28 kWh and it was semi overcast.
Stay far away Show additional information
Just yesterday installed Black Jinko Cheetah 315kw Mono panels with 8kw Fronius Symo. Dealt with Jacob who was very knowledable and professional. Got an amazing deal. Did my research first with background company checks and solar panel quality. Decided to go with Jinko as they are established in Sydney for many years. Truth of the matter was that originally I was meant to get the Half Cell panels but they were unavailable so Jacob called me to advise that I’ll be getting the latest technology panel instead because they are unavailable. I again did a background check and YES that was correct. So from the get go this company was honest and working hard behind the scenes to accomodate and deliver on quality. Well it didn’t stop there, the installer popped in day before to examine the electrical box and to make sure all was according to plan. ( Impressed again) Following day a huge group of workers arrived. Started at 9am and finished the job by 3pm. Mind you I had 33 panels going up on my 2 storey house. They had replaced 3 roof tiles due to drilling understandably cracked so they immediately replaced them with my spare ones on the spot and advised me. Everything they did was communicated with me. From showing me the serial number of the panels to the whole installation process. I wanted to detail my experience with this company as I was very fussy and had previous knowledge of the product I wanted. I am truly very happy only yesterday it was installed and the system is working. Already receiving free electricity. The installer showed me how it was working. Looking forward to reducing my bills. Thanks also to April for helping every step of the way and the lovely lady in aftercare that I spoke with yesterday. Really happy with the end result. The more quotes you get the more you see how others work and you start to realise how important it is to find the right company and the right price. Thanks guys and you deserve an excellent review from me. I forgot to mention Sunterra is one of the main distributors of Jinko that’s why the price was below everyone else I had many quotes. I ended up getting a very powerful system because of the volume of appliances and the amount of electricity we consume. The deal was seriously the best and I ended up with latest technology because the original panel was completely out of stock. They did not charge any extra price was the same ... WINNING xx Thanks again Show additional information
I have bought two 6.6kw systems from Sunterra.
The price was great and the components were good quality.
For the first system, the installer worked with me to find suitable roof area over two sheds, at no extra cost.
The second system was installed within 3 weeks of my initial contact. The installer travelled to the Murraylands at no extra cost.
Sales and installation staff returned calls, and were professional at all times.
I was very impressed by the professionalism of Sunterra and its staff. From 1st contact to installation and follow up it was a very smooth experience.
The installers were amazing, turned up on time, looked very professional in their uniforms and the vehicles they were driving. Great advertising for neighbours and people driving by. They got straight into the job and finished leaving everything tidy.
I'm very happy with the Sunterra Solar experience from the good honest friendly advice of the salesman, the polite, and courteous installer and after sales customer service.

From the time of signing contract the installation and the electrical safety inspection were prompt.

Sunterra exceeded my expectations hence achieved customer service. I highly recommend Sunterra for your Solar Installation and for good honest sales advice Roop Sunterra Solar Melbourne.
A pleasure to deal with. Right from the initial enquires to the paying the deposit and installation.
Fully installed and operational in two weeks from paying the deposit.
Dylan and the installation were polite and efficient in the way they carried out their work.
The communication from all involved at Sunterra was very professional and factual.
Thank you to all involved.
Didi gave me professional advise and organised an early date for installation. The workmanship
was exelent and very professional. I would anytime recommend Sunterra to someone I know.
I can say that I’m a very happy costumer.
Seamless process from initial contact to end of installation.
Sales person Didi was very professional and helpful he kept in regular contact to ensure I was happy with the process without appearing pushy as other suppliers I had quotes from.
The installers Jack and Rohan were on time and also professional and kept me informed during the installation. Very tidy and cleaned up before they left.
All in all I highly recommend Sunterra for your solar panels.
I would give them a 10 if the scoring went that high!
Company supplied the inverter and panels of our choice. Install very efficient along with customer service. Very happy customers. Show additional information
Where do I start..
Took 2 months to set up an installation date and I paid extra for jinko mono panels and they we’re putting up the risen panels instead on the day of installation.
Customer service is appalling, very cheeky when it comes to quotation as I didn’t get a wifi adapter as it wasn’t put in the quote. MAKE SURE TO GET THEM TO ADD IT TO YOUR QUOTE.
Time wasters avoid company if you can.
From start to finish the service was impeccable. Advised quickly of every stage. Unfortunately it took a little longer than first mentioned, but with heat waves etc, this is one of those things. So far the system is performing perfectly, great to see the energy being put back into the grid. Show additional information