Sunterra Reviews

About Sunterra, Solar Installers

Sunterra

Reviewers report paying: $2,690 - $6,710 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

As per their website:

"Sunterra was established in December 2010, Perth, Western Australia.

Since then, we have expanded our operations into New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia."

Sunterra Solar Reviews

Value for money system

Flexible sales/quoting process
Installation - nice guys but it would be good if they could speak English
Customer Service could be better as I was left to install the app and follow up on the grid connection

Professional installation

Sunterra did all the right things.
Sales staff were courteous and helpful.
They came to my property on time to measure up and confirm the installation.
On time on installation day and completed the job within 4 hours.
They arranged with the energy supplier to have the meter changed for solar
which was done within 3 days of quote acceptance.
So far I am very happy.

Fantastic Installation even better price

I already had a 5 kW system but wanted more so I bought a 6.6 kW system and two batteries from Sunterra. Instead of paying bills I now have a credit of $500 coming my way. Show additional information

Excellent Sevice

Sunterra did a solar installation for us early September 2020. We got a Growatt 5kW inverter with 18 X Jinko 370 Watt panels at a very good price. Got our first bill yesterday and we are in credit! Sam and Josh rocked up on time and did an excellent job with the installation. They managed to finish the installation in a few hours even with a few pockets of rain that day. The whole process from sales to installation to customer care post installation was brilliant. I had an issue with SAPN and the inverter voltage settings which Mohammed resolved in minutes not even days. Would highly recommend Sunterra. Show additional information

Incredible service from start to end and more!

Sunterra have been amazing to deal with right from my first call with Richard. Not pushy at all, very experienced and answered all my questions well. Great price too!!
But for me the the most outstanding service was after sales, I had a few issues here and there which wasn't sunterras fault, more Growatts fault but sunterra always had my back, especially Rafeek - what an asset to the company this man is. He went through some incredible effort to sort out my issue with Growatt and with western Power and now we're all good. Rafeek you are a legend!!

Good price, poor installation

Provided a good system for a good price, with professional quote etc.

The installation process was poor however. It took nearly a week to install after being told 6 hrs. They appeared to be short staffed and had a trainee working alone for nearly the whole thing. Ended up with all the solar panels in the garage for several days while I waited for the installation to finish. Thye smashed a light fitting in my garage as well, which took a while to fix-was even told by the electrician that 'we will fix it when we are passing through next which could be a while, or you can go to Bunnings and fix it yourself'. Lucky i had not paid for the system by then, and informed them i was not paying until it was fixed, otherwise I doubt they would have fixed it. The bloke who did install it was polite and worked hard.

Customer service was fine, no real complaints there.
I would like to think the installer did everything to expedite the warranty claim, but I think they could have done better. Show additional information

Thanks for a great value system

The installation went really well. The team who installed were very proficient and informative. The system was installed ahead of schedule. A power monitoring phone app was downloaded and explained. Early days but everything seems to be going well and serious power is being produced. A govt. subsidised battery system was included in the package, so looking forward to no nasty shock electricity bills!! Show additional information

Very professional installation Kenny team top job

Very easy to deal with made everything very easy great company to deal with good quality equipment this the second job they have done for me same service on both jobs highly recommend. Show additional information

Excellent product and all-round experience.

Sales performance was excellent. I completed their online proforma with information about the system I was seeking. I was contacted the next day and discussed options, over the next few days we exchanged a few emails and phone calls to refine system to be provided to meet, my needs. No upselling!

Installation, I was contacted to arrange date for installation. Was contacted the day before to confirm and lock in time. Team arrived within 3 minutes of stated time. Very slick installation process. Polite, courteous and professional. Installation team even suggested alternate layout that would provide better performance and aesthetics. I’m glad I went with their suggestions.

I cannot say enough good things about the installation and the whole process.

Highly recommended!

A really bad experience, went with another retailer

I signed up for a 7.92kw system with 2 6.5kwh batteries. The sales rep was friendly and the deal was done over phone due to covid. I signed up in may. They promised that system will be in 2 weeks after Sa power networks approved my system. Sa power networks approved in 5 days. That was last I heard from sunterra. I called them in June, they said I will be getting a call from engineers within the week. I called in July, told same thing. Then I called once a week to get update. Eventually someone came to check my roof. They explained they don't need to go up there, all looks good. 2 weeks later installer came. Unpacked everything, goes up on roof, comes back down and says, sorry we can't fit 5 panels, you can only have 19 panels so 6.46kw system. I asked them to wait while I called office. Office said they will rebate me $150. I cancelled. I then got another installer in, ended up with 8.8kw system for $200 less than sunterra with a 8kw inverter a.d 1 LG 13kwh battery. I also then found out that sunterra were supplying a 5kw inverter which was incorrect for my 7.92 system. Sunterra were rude, non helpful, didn't care about my job, and never returned my calls. I have to thank the other installer for coming in with a better quote and way quicker installation. Show additional information

A Professional and Quality Service

The quoting process was easily understood and clearly explained. Questions were answered promptly and clearly.
The installation was smooth because the installers were friendly and arrived on time. They took the trouble to discuss the process and position and arrived at the best solution. They completed the job in a very neat fashion and then explained the operational procedures clearly. Grid connection was easy as they helped every step of the way.
The after sales service is exceptional and any queries we had were dealt with quickly and very professionally.
We thoroughly recommend Sunterra as a quality installer.

Very professional installation by Adams Electrical.

Very professional installation by Adams Electrical from Middleton. On time and excellent explanation of system. Show additional information

Sunterra Success

The sales and quoting service was thorough and informative.
The cost was very competitive
The installation was efficient, timely and the team were excellent and tidied up afterwards.
The customer service was excellent and they arranged good connection.

SHOCKING customer service

Customer Service is appalling.

Gave a different price for recommendations. Made it very embarrassing to recommend them. You tell people it's "x" price and the price your friends get was significantly higher for the same number of panels, same inverter, same phase.

They came to an inspection and reduced the number to panels by 9 panels and did not bother to get back to me to give me a revised quote.
Had to keep chasing them up.

They then DEMANDED IMMEDIATE payment or they refuse to leave our resident and THREATEN to go back up to REMOVE the panels if we don't pay them immediately. We never said we weren't going to pay, we didn't expect it and didn't have cash for them. We asked for an invoice and pay later as we had to go to work and they STOOD there and made us CALL and pay over the phone before they left. You call that customer service??? Do they do this to everyone???? Imagine them doing this to your old mother or grandmother who doesn't understand English. Imagine it!

Great company

No problems with install
Great communication
Checked my house to make sure 18 panel fits within 1 week of deposit
I'm very happy

Still Amazed!

Their Ad was $2999 for a 13kw battery system in SA, we didnt have solar so they installed a 6.6kw for only $2000 more. I took up the option for an isolator which allows solar/battery use when the power is down.
Graham in Sales was great
Install was 1 month later.
A work of art by Dillon who completed it in a day and and half.
Has worked efficiently and above expectation since the smart meter was installed by the energy provider.
Just a small issue with alarm msg in battery software but was corrected remotely by Growatt.
Use 3 fridges and 5 computer systems 24x7, pool pump and constant aircond for mother who lives with us.
Monthly bill dropped from 370 to 110 after 2 months. Expecting further drop to 70 after nxt bill.
Early Spring and Solar and battery have supplied all of the household power usage for days now.
I keep viewing the phone app because I cant believe how good it works.

Great work

It is hard to see how this implementation could have been done better. I was conscious that the Sunterra price could be regarded as too low to do a good job, however the warranties and technical responses to my questions all checked out. The sales team responded quickly and as this is my second solar system I was happy to describe my set-up and did not need a site visit. The proposal was clear in what would be delivered. The installation team came from a sub-contractor with limited fluency in English, but the technical work was performed well, and the system worked immediately on handover. There was one outstanding issue regarding warranty and this was resolved by customer support by return email. Show additional information

Excellent service

From my first contact with Sunterra WA everybody has been very professional and helpful.
Ours was a difficult job so really wanted someone to check over site before signing up to contract.
Job checked out as ok and within 10 days or so 6.6Kw Leapton / Growatt system fitted.
New meter fitted a few days before install.
Installers showed up exactly on time did an excellent job and cleaned up after.
System commissioned and has been producing up to 32kwh per day even in September.
Appear to be a very professional company and so far service has been excellent .

Brilliant - Fantastic

Everything from the first online enquiry to the installation was very professional and I was kept informed the whole way through. The installation took place way ahead of the time I had anticipated and all personnel that I had contact with were very polite and everyone knew what they were talking about. I couldn't fault one thing.
I would recommend Sunterra Solar to anyone looking to install solar panels to their house.

A new system at Henley Beach, South Australia

Very pleased with the quoting and customer service systems, although as it turned out, the process would have been much more efficient and more comfortable for every one if we had insisted, at the very start, on a home visit to check for any potential complications.

It would also avoid last minute phone calls to confirm the details of the structure of the house and its roof etc.

As it turned out, the design of the electrical wiring of our near new home and the roofing structure led the chief installer number 1, Caleb, to pack up his bags and disappear with all of his team, within ten minutes of his arrival, never to be heard of or seen ever again.

This event after an eight week waiting period (which was less than what we had realistically expected) and then a dummy spit, without any proper explanation, which led us back to square one

was more than a little disappointing!

After protracted discussions with Sales Manager Nathan, we had an expert/highly experienced installer, Sebastian, arrive within a couple of days to properly assess our issue.

Within 15 minutes of his cheery arrival he had the theoretical approach established and within a couple of days the installation went ahead without incident or any extra cost.

He and his guys did a great, clean and tidy job and we're delighted.

So go ahead with Sunterra, but do ask for a home visit at an early stage and ask that ace installer Sebastian take on the job!

Great Solar Battery System - a quality system ata very reasonable price.

After a lot of research I decided on Sunterra for a solar battery system and they did not disappoint. The Sales staff person Graham was polite knowledgeable and helpful and responded to all my questions promptly. The installation team were punctual friendly and worked seamlessly as a team. They were very professional and tidied up when the job was completed. All in all they did a fantastic job. Customer service was good. The inverter, panels and battery were all quality products with lengthy warranties. I would highly recommend this company. Looking forward to smashing those power bills going forward. Show additional information

Sunterra delivered from sales service to install

Sunterra cane highly recommended via a family member who installed a system recently.
We decided to replicate due to family members level of satisfaction. From the initial call into Sunterra sales office until installation day, the process has been seamless. Sales support / warehouse install facilitator ‘all’ proved super reliable with a level of professionalism rarely seen in business.
Quotation was clear & concise with terrific commutation via ‘Daniel’ & support crew.
Installation (due to requiring Meter board upgrade awaiting sign off) went smoothly, the crew all qualified electricians took great care making sure panel placement on a quite old tile roof was handled with respect, these fellows actually cared about our property & repaired previously damaged tiles to avoid future rain leaks.
Sunterra install crew do it right first time,
A pleasure doing business with you.
Sunterra certainly delivers.

Excellent customer service

Very happy with my overall experience with Sunterra , excellent customer service from Marlon, all my queries were answered straight away, no fuss. I got fronius inverter and jinko 370W panels I did enough market research and price comparison but finally Sunterra had very good price for them . Within two weeks everything is done including installation. Thanks Marlon for all your help its much appreciated. Show additional information

Quality No Fuss Solar - Recommended

Trustworthy end to end solar and energy storage that delivers on what they say they will.
Leapton 330w x 20 (6.6.kW) + Growatt 6kW 3 phase Inverter

Purchased one week, installed the next!

Sales: Polite, responsive, competitive and tailored system to needs and budgets.

Installation: Arrived prepared and on time. neat install and completed with no mess left behind. Detailed training and handover.

Accounts - accurate, detailed and great to deal with.

Service: After sales service offered to eliminate any issues (not needed)

Already have referred to family/friends. 5 Stars!

Good

This is good system with value for money. I have 11000 AUD SYSTEM costing me 5000 AUD Show additional information

How it should be done.

Having solar on another property, I drove past where they had been. Sunterra was at that address. Went to enquire about a system. Was quoted, printed, shown panels and inverters by Louie. On review realised deposit required to start process. Paid by phone, advised, property would be inspected next day and installation could be following day if convenient. Louie arrived punctuality,
Completed inspection and advised of possible panels and inverter locations. Helpful and informative. 7am next day installers Luka and Tony arrived. Explained panel locations, removed obsolete Ariel, moved badly installed kitchen vent to better position, installed panels. Electrician Andy completed electrical meter box connections and answered my questions inbox layout and condition. Professional interest being exsubmariner electrical mechanic and finding rcd obsolete and ineffective. Overall experience excellent. Total clear up,nothing left. Explanation of inverter operation. Absolutely no hesitation should I ever require another system or upgrade.

Installation team worked efficiently

Contacting Sunterra team was easy and they answered all my questions with minimal fuss. The installation team left everything clean and tidy.
Apart from a misunderstanding about when I wanted the installation done I have been impressed with the entire process.

Installation is awaiting the completion of the building.

Initial contact seemed OK, but quote never materialized and emails went unanswered. Subsequent contact 3 months later with another sales-person gave excellent service, prompt and efficient communication and a satisfactory quotation covering the size and extent of the equipment requested.
We are awaiting the completion of the building ... so actual performance remains to be seen.

Good value, a bit of work involved.

6.6kW (19*350 Longi Mono) panels, 5kW Growatt (5500MTL) inverter $3799 including tilt kits for 10 panels.

Generally easy to get quote. $100 deposit (refundable) to have technician come out and measure, and answer questions.

Did not have enough space on NE facing roof for the whole system, and wanted to spread generation, and hence asked for panels with tilt kits for the SW facing roof, to face NW. All sorted, quote updated ($50 per tilt kit per panel). Ended up with 9 panels NE, 10 panels NW. Sunterra handled the utility approval and meter upgrade. Both happened within a couple days.

On day of installation, crew weren't sure if the tilt promised (perpendicular to fall of roof) could be achieved. After discussion with supervisor, they proceeded (5 year warranty on install, so I'm not worried). Install completed in a day. At the end, I received all the paperwork and instructions to connect the Wi-Fi data logger. Invoice arrived at the end of the day.

The next day, I noticed (via the phone app) that the inverter was cutting out. I called and the customer service people agreed to fix it remotely. The next day, the issue persisted.

The installers came the next day, after they noticed in their commissioning photos that some cables on the roof were a bit loose. I told them of the other issue, and they agreed it can be fixed remotely.

Eventually, I emailed Sunterra, got some traction, and the issue was resolved. I have had no issues since, and am quite happy with the performance of the system. It may or may not have been helped by the fact that I wouldn't pay the invoice until it was rectified.

Overall, it was a positive experience. If you're willing to put a little bit of effort in to chasing them up, you can save a lot of money with them. A similar product quote I received was $400 more, and another was over $1000 more expensive. For a few hours work, it is definitely worth it from my perspective.

No mucking around, no nonsense. Very straight forward and thorough with brilliant communication from the entire team.

Quote was accurate and alerted of any need to update ( re-quoted ). Installation was thorough and tidy. The customer follow up was dependable and professional.
A very slick job. Well done

Very happy with all process from start to finish

Very happy with all process, Sunterra bit all other companies quotes that I had, design and install very complex system 60 panels plus 2 batteries total of 4 inverters plus block-out system total output 20kw. That covers all my property needs. The installation was done with very professional and efficient team, great communication and everything on time! All problems are resolved without changing the quoted cost. The customer support with paperwork and documentation is fantastic. Show additional information

VERY Poor customer service when you need them

We had to get the installers back because they left cigarette butts and electrical off cuts on our roof which we have water tanks connected
Now after 3 months running we can not get through their customer help line. We now have 4 days it isn't working. We got onto head office person who said take photos of panel and email. No reply yet. We have rung everyday even 3 times to their dud customer help line that keeps you on hold, next tells you to leave a message. Absolute worst service and we are paying for power from the grid now! Sunterra is not worth it and we didn't go with them because they were the cheapest. We actually paid more for ABB unit and wireless. What a joke. Tomorrow we get the ACCC and our lawyer involved. DO NOT use them. Happy to give our details and story to anyone

Disappointing customer Service

My solar panel.stopped working for a week now. I called customer service and was told that it's been referred to a technician. But until now, no one came to check on the unit. Not even a single call!

There goes all the credits I gained during summer!

6.6kw Solar System with battery storage

6.6kw Solar System- 330w Jinko panels, Growatt 5kw hybrid inverter with 2 x 6.5 kwh Growatt Batteries.
Very good experience all round. Competitive pricing. Sales process was good with a very knowledgeable sales person assisting with all my questions (of which they were many) Lead times were good, with the only issue being delays from the SAPN approval process, which is fairly standard given the volume of jobs in their system. Once the system was approved, very quickly Sunterra called me to book installation due to a cancelation. Installers came on time, on date all as promised. Fantastic Install team lead by Jorge, very courteous and conscientious. Neat and tidy installation as requested- can't fault the install team whatsoever. Customer service team were excellent to deal with and very helpful.
Fantastic product and after sales support- I recommend using Sunterra based on my experience.

Still waiting !!!

Sales Quoting was excellent, Still waiting on installation and customer service is terrible as you can never speak to the same person, and the left hand isn't talking to the right hand. Amazing that this is an accredited Solar Company. Here's hoping when it get installed they do a super job which makes up fo the terrible customer service. Show additional information

Negative Experience

Unfortunately our experience with this company was Negative.
The quoting process and sales team were good, and always happy to apologise, but nothing changed. The installers are what has left us very unhappy. If you live in NSW don't use this company due to the time difference in between states. When there's an urgent issue you cannot contact anyone.
Installers turned up to scope our property on a Sunday at 5:30pm, we had no idea they were coming. Unannounced. Lucky we were home.
20 panels were quoted, 16 would fit. Installers spoke very little english making it quite difficult to discuss. If we were not at home, the company would have installed panels that were too low a KW. It was amateur hour watching these 2 men work out how to get on the roof. If my husband hadn't helped them they would have damaged our guttering. They re-quoted the panels, however the installers did not turn up on the day arranged to install. I rang them at 12:30 they should have turned up at 7am. The second date they were to turn up they again did not turn up. I rang them at 8:50 to ask were they were, to find out they supposedly contacted the company the day before to cancel. Through us pushing the installers for a reason why they had not turned up, they said "they didn't want to do the job". Our roof is 25 degrees, not steep, easy to access, double story. I am still waiting for my deposit back this is 8 days ago.

10/10

My grandma purchased a 6.6kw solar system from Sunterra a few months ago for her Adelaide home. And it has put her bill in minus which is sensational. Service was excellent. A family friend electrician looked over the install work once it was done and could not fault a thing and advised us that they had used high quality products. 10/10 highly recommend! Show additional information

Better price

Value for money and quick turn around from quote to installation

Sales and quoting process was good and informative, they shared all the info I wanted to know .

Installation process was a bit stressful in relation to communication and what’s going on , the language barrier was the key factor here however the installation team was polite and did a good job which I am happy with.

Customer service was good , had to follow up on few instances but they turned around in a reasonable timeframe.

Overall I am happy with the level of engagement and customer service.

Customer service non existent - do not use this company

Notified Sunterra 4 weeks ago that I had an error code on my Fronius inverter. Still no time given as to when it will be fixed. I am losing power generation in the peak system but they don't care. Show additional information

Great installer

Great installer, quality of system unknown, just installed, not used yet. Show additional information

Disappointing Customer Service

I am frustrated with having to leave this review. As apart of the thorough due diligence i conducted prior to purchasing, I sent in a picture of the entire metre box as requested by the sales person. I was then in advised in writing that it would not have to be upgraded in order for the Energy Supplier to install a Smart Metre (which is a requirement in order to track feed-in tariffs).

After the solar system was installed and upon an electrician attending to complete the smart metre installation, I was instantly advised that the wiring is too old and would need to be upgraded by a Level 2 electrician. The cheapest quote I obtained for this was $978.

I raised this as an issue with Sunterra's Customer Service Manager , who said she would escalate the issue to the MD - Though I called and sent various follow-up emails, I never heard back regarding this issue. I will begin looking into what regulatory / legal options are available.

Installer's were great to deal with - Customer Service is non existent.

Hard to say as not yet connected with provider. But sure hope it will be great.

overall the put up of panels, inverter etc, was excellent Show additional information

Great Price. Poor customer service

Was very happy with the sales. The price was great for a 6.6kw system with a 5kw fronius and Jinko panels. Unfortunately as soon as the deposit was paid things didn't progress as smoothly as I would of liked. There was I hold up on the inverter due to an apparent nation wide shortage. That was fine but due to their lack of communication, I found myself ringing up every few weeks or so for updates as no one would ever contact me as promised. Installation went well and the system performs better than expected. But I'm still waiting for the paper work which will allow me to export to the grid. Again I have to call and email to try and get things moving. Hopefully it will be finalised soon.
Deposit paid - 1/10/19
Install - 24/12/19
Inspected and operational - 3/1/20
Grid connection - still waiting

Very pleased.

Very quick and neat. A good job at a good price. Very happy, thanks. Show additional information
Install all went really well but getting the government rebate looks to a real battle! Show additional information

Sunterra Recommended

After much research and deliberation we finally settled on a 6.6kw system offered by Sunterra. With a Fronius inverter and Risen Monoperc half cells, the overall price of $3699 was very competitive. Communication has been excellent throughout the process and we are extremely happy with the system. The installers were very professional, turned up on time and did a very tidy job. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Sunterra. Show additional information

Sunterra 6.6kw

The purchase was painless and the sales staff knowledgeable. Installed and connected to the grid in just six hours by Sunterra installers who were punctual, tidy, helpful, informative and polite. The 6.6kw system has produced a total of just over a megawatt in just 30 days. A promising return on investment already. Show additional information

Quality service, good customer service and stand by with price beat policy.

so far so good. Smooth process very quick installation. Fronius inverter and upgraded to Junko cheetah 330w through price beat policy. Total 6.6kw system. Price estimation includes single phase meter upgraded to digital. Hope it helps. Show additional information