Sunterra Reviews

About Sunterra, Solar Installers

Sunterra

Reviewers report paying: $2,690 - $8,190 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

As per their website:

"Sunterra was established in December 2010, Perth, Western Australia.

Since then, we have expanded our operations into New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia."

Sunterra Solar Reviews

Happy Days

Hakim and the Team at Sunterra Solar made the installation of a solar system a very enjoyable experience. 10 out of 10 team. Show additional information

Highly recommend

Friendly and informative installers, and Landon is amazing to deal with.Very helpful and takes care of everything for you, making the process simple. Would recommend. Show additional information

Great to deal with

I initially enquired with Hakim around a solar system to replace our older 1.5kW system.
Hakim was able to answer all the technical questions i asked and provided me with the datasheets for everything (I'm an electrical engineer and explained this to Hakim who also holds an engineering qualification)
Hakim stayed in contact throughout the sales cycle.
The installers arrived at 6:50 ready to start at 7AM, Matthew and his team were extremely courteous, professional and didn't leave a scrap of rubbish behind.
Matthew was also able to answer all my questions and worked with me in regards to the inverter and isolator placement.
A very professional team and a very smart looking system!.
I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone

Very happy and would recommend

Excellent service from ordering to installation. Prompt, professional staff and we're very happy with the product. Our old (smaller) system was removed at a very reasonable price too. Show additional information

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

Excellent After Sales Service

I wanted to let you know Sunterra After service is excellent.

Caleb swapped over the data logger and tighten up a loose wire in the electrical power cabinet.

Thank you and the team for attending to my queries in record time - much appreciated and thank you. Very happy with the Solar system and the excellent service from start to finish. Great work to you and the team at Sunterra

Best regards
Kevin

I hope my house doesn’t burn down.

How was the sales/quoting process?
Sales was easy to deal with, I was given a direct number so that the rebate and details of the system could be sorted out.

How did the installation go?
I was approved for the rebate 2/1/21 and was told to expect a call from the install team. I called them a week later and was told they would contact me later that day, no call.
I called a week later, same answer, never got called back. On the third week I contacted them, they got back to me in 24hrs said the install team had the 5/2/21 allocated for me but they would call me to confirm. No one rang.

The day before install they called to ask for photos of my switch board as the install was happening tomorrow, I asked what time they said 2pm that was fine as I was working night shift and normally get up at that time.

8am next morning I’m in bed and they are knocking on my door. Fine who cares go for it guys, I go back to bed I’m woken at 12 the install have finished but apologies because they have to remove the system it’s not compatible and he is suggesting upgrades? I call Sunterra, the people at my house gets a call from his boss and suddenly it’s all ok.....

Then they leave and forget to take payment.

Called the next day to pay, had to provide my card details 3 times and be accused of having an invalid card before the payment could be processed.

I’m happy with the product.
Everything after sales needs improvement.

lowest price agreed, excellent installation (quality of system uncertain)

Western Power upgraded 3phase power meter (about 13Jan21)

Old 1kw solar power system removed and new system installed on Installed 15Jan21
2 installers arrived 7.30am
electrician arrived 9am for review with installers, returned about 12.30
job complete, operational 2pm

Highly recommend Sunterra

From the moment I contacted Sunterra sales to the point my system was up and running I cannot fault the process or the installation work. I'm very happy with the experience I had and the installed product and guys were great. Show additional information

Great product! Great Service!

Great Service! Great product! Friendly & helpful installer! Approval and Installation only a week !!! Fast service!! Show additional information

Sunterra - big company, does well

Sunterra are a big professional company, did a professional job.

Installation good but they moved forward the installation date so didn't do a site visit beforehand. Their virtual plan layout didn't work and had to adjust the layout on the day. I would encourage others to ensure sunterra do the planning visit first (even though the sales person said the roof plan etc was very easy and they had elected to do e this, they weren't correct, and the installing team would have benefited from someone visiting prior)

Sales, quoting, after service all very good, they organised the meter change etc, no problems, very easy process for everything.

Sunterra review

an excellent comp - efficient well priced great install team and faultless customer service
I can say I was pleasantly surprised and a little shocked with their triple AAA service after reading all the problems experienced with other companies.
this company is well run with a rare work ethic and I have no hesitation is saying - go to them for solar forget the rest
m heffernan

I'm very happy with my solar and battery systems

I did a lot of research and contacted many different solar companies before I came across Sunterra.
I spoke with Louie from the Perth office and he explained things to me clearly and trustworthy. I was very impressed with his professionalism and honesty.
The same goes for the installation team: They arrived on time, were very polite and the job was done in a very neat fashion and then explained the operational procedures.
The whole process from sales to installation was just perfect and what a great price! I could not be happier

Impressed

The market is awash with solar providers and the reviews can encourage your or make your hair stand up on end. I carefully went with Sunterra, and although I had some reservations from some reviews I was increasingly put at ease from the get go with the sales and quoting. Very professional. There was a bit of a wait after ordering, but when I was contacted by their installers and electrician my confidence increased. Great communicators, with a tight team. I chose to use their finance scheme which proved to be good value and easy to facilitate. I was advised there 'could' be some installation damage to the tiled roof....but I didn't notice any problem at all. The guys did a smooth install with no damage. My system has 18 panels (dated manufacture date 2020) and two batteries. The battery/inverter installation was very neat and unobtrusive in an alley. There was a problem with my energy provider in that they said they did not know about the installation, so we lost two weeks for a new meter. A new meter was installed, and up came the WiFi solar/battery performance data to my phone. However, the performance was far below what I expected. I got onto the Sunterra help desk, and as we all know this step tests the mettle of any new purchase - and I have to say the service was impeccable (shout out to 'Mohammed' in particular). My problem was due to my energy provider wiring, and was sorted out in literally minutes by a contractor sent out (at no extra cost) by Sunterra. The solar performance now (in Summer - full sun) is batteries fully charged by 1pm during day, and the rest of solar generation to sundown being sold back to the grid. Practically no import from the grid, and batteries at 60% by morning. This is with using the aircon for cooling for several hours. Naturally in cloudy weather the performance will not be as good, but very pleased as it is now. Overall I couldn't be happier with the complete package of professionalism from Sunterra and their contractors. With this I have felt confident enough to recommend them to a friend, and they have ordered the same system. Every now and then a good company says what they are going to do, does it, and supports you. That's what Sunterra does very well.

David

Very efficient Knows his job Careful Neat and tidy

Quotation was made using Nearmap and what system I required. Having read all your information on how to choose the various components . Had friends and children who had installed a solar system recently I managed to get feedback on what to asked for. the Salesman was very helpful and put together something that I have requested. When he was satisfied that I was truly interested in installing solar the installer came in went up the roof ( 2 storey home) He did the measurement lifted the tiles to check anchorage point . He revised the the original plan and suggested something that would have a better outcome. Installation was uneventful as he alrteady knew where the panels etc should go. He was very polite and helpful and tidy. The sales team contacted us a few days later to make everything was going well , Show additional information

Solar

Got solar put on my house on December 22nd just before christmas Show additional information

Great service, pricing and installation

Several years ago I took the plunge to install solar panels. I did a lot of research and contacted many different solar companies, all of which gave me conflicting information, pricing and answers to my questions (a lot of BS and technical language that I couldn’t understand even when I asked for “layman’s” terms). Then I contacted Sunterra and spoke to Nathan from the Adelaide office. Nathan explained things to me clearly and was really patient with my mountain of questions and answered them in a way that someone (myself) non-technical could understand. Sunterra is the national distributor for their products, which is peace of mind if there are any warranty or performance issues. I have recently installed batteries to compliment my solar system, once again through Nathan at Sunterra. Sunterra’s product knowledge, pricing, honesty, transparency and professionalism are miles better any other company that I attempted to deal with. I have recommended Sunterra strongly to Family and friends who have also been happy with their solar and battery systems and installations.
Thanks again Sunterra for the great help and no more electricity bills.
Michael

Installed on exact date specified and to modified specs due to roof space conditions

Most impressed with Landon Bekovs who provided the quote for the system and was patient until we were ready to proceed. Quoted for 18 panels and unfortunately only 16 could be installed. Credit was provided for unused panels and one less split array reducing the system from 6.6kw to 5.92 kw. Other companies offered 2 free panels (20 in total) but having these installed would have actually reduced the efficiency of the system. They would have been placed facing the wrong direction and in areas where tree's would have shaded the panels. Sunterra not out for making a quick buck but to provide the best possible system for your particular circumstances. I'm a happy customer. Show additional information

Value for money system

Flexible sales/quoting process
Installation - nice guys but it would be good if they could speak English
Customer Service could be better as I was left to install the app and follow up on the grid connection

Professional installation

Sunterra did all the right things.
Sales staff were courteous and helpful.
They came to my property on time to measure up and confirm the installation.
On time on installation day and completed the job within 4 hours.
They arranged with the energy supplier to have the meter changed for solar
which was done within 3 days of quote acceptance.
So far I am very happy.

Fantastic Installation even better price

I already had a 5 kW system but wanted more so I bought a 6.6 kW system and two batteries from Sunterra. Instead of paying bills I now have a credit of $500 coming my way. Show additional information

Excellent Sevice

Sunterra did a solar installation for us early September 2020. We got a Growatt 5kW inverter with 18 X Jinko 370 Watt panels at a very good price. Got our first bill yesterday and we are in credit! Sam and Josh rocked up on time and did an excellent job with the installation. They managed to finish the installation in a few hours even with a few pockets of rain that day. The whole process from sales to installation to customer care post installation was brilliant. I had an issue with SAPN and the inverter voltage settings which Mohammed resolved in minutes not even days. Would highly recommend Sunterra. Show additional information

Incredible service from start to end and more!

Sunterra have been amazing to deal with right from my first call with Richard. Not pushy at all, very experienced and answered all my questions well. Great price too!!
But for me the the most outstanding service was after sales, I had a few issues here and there which wasn't sunterras fault, more Growatts fault but sunterra always had my back, especially Rafeek - what an asset to the company this man is. He went through some incredible effort to sort out my issue with Growatt and with western Power and now we're all good. Rafeek you are a legend!!

Good price, poor installation

Provided a good system for a good price, with professional quote etc.

The installation process was poor however. It took nearly a week to install after being told 6 hrs. They appeared to be short staffed and had a trainee working alone for nearly the whole thing. Ended up with all the solar panels in the garage for several days while I waited for the installation to finish. Thye smashed a light fitting in my garage as well, which took a while to fix-was even told by the electrician that 'we will fix it when we are passing through next which could be a while, or you can go to Bunnings and fix it yourself'. Lucky i had not paid for the system by then, and informed them i was not paying until it was fixed, otherwise I doubt they would have fixed it. The bloke who did install it was polite and worked hard.

Customer service was fine, no real complaints there.
I would like to think the installer did everything to expedite the warranty claim, but I think they could have done better. Show additional information

Thanks for a great value system

The installation went really well. The team who installed were very proficient and informative. The system was installed ahead of schedule. A power monitoring phone app was downloaded and explained. Early days but everything seems to be going well and serious power is being produced. A govt. subsidised battery system was included in the package, so looking forward to no nasty shock electricity bills!! Show additional information

Very professional installation Kenny team top job

Very easy to deal with made everything very easy great company to deal with good quality equipment this the second job they have done for me same service on both jobs highly recommend. Show additional information

Excellent product and all-round experience.

Sales performance was excellent. I completed their online proforma with information about the system I was seeking. I was contacted the next day and discussed options, over the next few days we exchanged a few emails and phone calls to refine system to be provided to meet, my needs. No upselling!

Installation, I was contacted to arrange date for installation. Was contacted the day before to confirm and lock in time. Team arrived within 3 minutes of stated time. Very slick installation process. Polite, courteous and professional. Installation team even suggested alternate layout that would provide better performance and aesthetics. I’m glad I went with their suggestions.

I cannot say enough good things about the installation and the whole process.

Highly recommended!

A really bad experience, went with another retailer

I signed up for a 7.92kw system with 2 6.5kwh batteries. The sales rep was friendly and the deal was done over phone due to covid. I signed up in may. They promised that system will be in 2 weeks after Sa power networks approved my system. Sa power networks approved in 5 days. That was last I heard from sunterra. I called them in June, they said I will be getting a call from engineers within the week. I called in July, told same thing. Then I called once a week to get update. Eventually someone came to check my roof. They explained they don't need to go up there, all looks good. 2 weeks later installer came. Unpacked everything, goes up on roof, comes back down and says, sorry we can't fit 5 panels, you can only have 19 panels so 6.46kw system. I asked them to wait while I called office. Office said they will rebate me $150. I cancelled. I then got another installer in, ended up with 8.8kw system for $200 less than sunterra with a 8kw inverter a.d 1 LG 13kwh battery. I also then found out that sunterra were supplying a 5kw inverter which was incorrect for my 7.92 system. Sunterra were rude, non helpful, didn't care about my job, and never returned my calls. I have to thank the other installer for coming in with a better quote and way quicker installation. Show additional information

A Professional and Quality Service

The quoting process was easily understood and clearly explained. Questions were answered promptly and clearly.
The installation was smooth because the installers were friendly and arrived on time. They took the trouble to discuss the process and position and arrived at the best solution. They completed the job in a very neat fashion and then explained the operational procedures clearly. Grid connection was easy as they helped every step of the way.
The after sales service is exceptional and any queries we had were dealt with quickly and very professionally.
We thoroughly recommend Sunterra as a quality installer.

Very professional installation by Adams Electrical.

Very professional installation by Adams Electrical from Middleton. On time and excellent explanation of system. Show additional information

Sunterra Success

The sales and quoting service was thorough and informative.
The cost was very competitive
The installation was efficient, timely and the team were excellent and tidied up afterwards.
The customer service was excellent and they arranged good connection.

SHOCKING customer service

Customer Service is appalling.

Gave a different price for recommendations. Made it very embarrassing to recommend them. You tell people it's "x" price and the price your friends get was significantly higher for the same number of panels, same inverter, same phase.

They came to an inspection and reduced the number to panels by 9 panels and did not bother to get back to me to give me a revised quote.
Had to keep chasing them up.

They then DEMANDED IMMEDIATE payment or they refuse to leave our resident and THREATEN to go back up to REMOVE the panels if we don't pay them immediately. We never said we weren't going to pay, we didn't expect it and didn't have cash for them. We asked for an invoice and pay later as we had to go to work and they STOOD there and made us CALL and pay over the phone before they left. You call that customer service??? Do they do this to everyone???? Imagine them doing this to your old mother or grandmother who doesn't understand English. Imagine it!

Great company

No problems with install
Great communication
Checked my house to make sure 18 panel fits within 1 week of deposit
I'm very happy

Still Amazed!

Their Ad was $2999 for a 13kw battery system in SA, we didnt have solar so they installed a 6.6kw for only $2000 more. I took up the option for an isolator which allows solar/battery use when the power is down.
Graham in Sales was great
Install was 1 month later.
A work of art by Dillon who completed it in a day and and half.
Has worked efficiently and above expectation since the smart meter was installed by the energy provider.
Just a small issue with alarm msg in battery software but was corrected remotely by Growatt.
Use 3 fridges and 5 computer systems 24x7, pool pump and constant aircond for mother who lives with us.
Monthly bill dropped from 370 to 110 after 2 months. Expecting further drop to 70 after nxt bill.
Early Spring and Solar and battery have supplied all of the household power usage for days now.
I keep viewing the phone app because I cant believe how good it works.

Great work

It is hard to see how this implementation could have been done better. I was conscious that the Sunterra price could be regarded as too low to do a good job, however the warranties and technical responses to my questions all checked out. The sales team responded quickly and as this is my second solar system I was happy to describe my set-up and did not need a site visit. The proposal was clear in what would be delivered. The installation team came from a sub-contractor with limited fluency in English, but the technical work was performed well, and the system worked immediately on handover. There was one outstanding issue regarding warranty and this was resolved by customer support by return email. Show additional information

Excellent service

From my first contact with Sunterra WA everybody has been very professional and helpful.
Ours was a difficult job so really wanted someone to check over site before signing up to contract.
Job checked out as ok and within 10 days or so 6.6Kw Leapton / Growatt system fitted.
New meter fitted a few days before install.
Installers showed up exactly on time did an excellent job and cleaned up after.
System commissioned and has been producing up to 32kwh per day even in September.
Appear to be a very professional company and so far service has been excellent .

Brilliant - Fantastic

Everything from the first online enquiry to the installation was very professional and I was kept informed the whole way through. The installation took place way ahead of the time I had anticipated and all personnel that I had contact with were very polite and everyone knew what they were talking about. I couldn't fault one thing.
I would recommend Sunterra Solar to anyone looking to install solar panels to their house.

A new system at Henley Beach, South Australia

Very pleased with the quoting and customer service systems, although as it turned out, the process would have been much more efficient and more comfortable for every one if we had insisted, at the very start, on a home visit to check for any potential complications.

It would also avoid last minute phone calls to confirm the details of the structure of the house and its roof etc.

As it turned out, the design of the electrical wiring of our near new home and the roofing structure led the chief installer number 1, Caleb, to pack up his bags and disappear with all of his team, within ten minutes of his arrival, never to be heard of or seen ever again.

This event after an eight week waiting period (which was less than what we had realistically expected) and then a dummy spit, without any proper explanation, which led us back to square one

was more than a little disappointing!

After protracted discussions with Sales Manager Nathan, we had an expert/highly experienced installer, Sebastian, arrive within a couple of days to properly assess our issue.

Within 15 minutes of his cheery arrival he had the theoretical approach established and within a couple of days the installation went ahead without incident or any extra cost.

He and his guys did a great, clean and tidy job and we're delighted.

So go ahead with Sunterra, but do ask for a home visit at an early stage and ask that ace installer Sebastian take on the job!

Great Solar Battery System - a quality system ata very reasonable price.

After a lot of research I decided on Sunterra for a solar battery system and they did not disappoint. The Sales staff person Graham was polite knowledgeable and helpful and responded to all my questions promptly. The installation team were punctual friendly and worked seamlessly as a team. They were very professional and tidied up when the job was completed. All in all they did a fantastic job. Customer service was good. The inverter, panels and battery were all quality products with lengthy warranties. I would highly recommend this company. Looking forward to smashing those power bills going forward. Show additional information

Sunterra delivered from sales service to install

Sunterra cane highly recommended via a family member who installed a system recently.
We decided to replicate due to family members level of satisfaction. From the initial call into Sunterra sales office until installation day, the process has been seamless. Sales support / warehouse install facilitator ‘all’ proved super reliable with a level of professionalism rarely seen in business.
Quotation was clear & concise with terrific commutation via ‘Daniel’ & support crew.
Installation (due to requiring Meter board upgrade awaiting sign off) went smoothly, the crew all qualified electricians took great care making sure panel placement on a quite old tile roof was handled with respect, these fellows actually cared about our property & repaired previously damaged tiles to avoid future rain leaks.
Sunterra install crew do it right first time,
A pleasure doing business with you.
Sunterra certainly delivers.

Excellent customer service

Very happy with my overall experience with Sunterra , excellent customer service from Marlon, all my queries were answered straight away, no fuss. I got fronius inverter and jinko 370W panels I did enough market research and price comparison but finally Sunterra had very good price for them . Within two weeks everything is done including installation. Thanks Marlon for all your help its much appreciated. Show additional information

Quality No Fuss Solar - Recommended

Trustworthy end to end solar and energy storage that delivers on what they say they will.
Leapton 330w x 20 (6.6.kW) + Growatt 6kW 3 phase Inverter

Purchased one week, installed the next!

Sales: Polite, responsive, competitive and tailored system to needs and budgets.

Installation: Arrived prepared and on time. neat install and completed with no mess left behind. Detailed training and handover.

Accounts - accurate, detailed and great to deal with.

Service: After sales service offered to eliminate any issues (not needed)

Already have referred to family/friends. 5 Stars!

Good

This is good system with value for money. I have 11000 AUD SYSTEM costing me 5000 AUD Show additional information

How it should be done.

Having solar on another property, I drove past where they had been. Sunterra was at that address. Went to enquire about a system. Was quoted, printed, shown panels and inverters by Louie. On review realised deposit required to start process. Paid by phone, advised, property would be inspected next day and installation could be following day if convenient. Louie arrived punctuality,
Completed inspection and advised of possible panels and inverter locations. Helpful and informative. 7am next day installers Luka and Tony arrived. Explained panel locations, removed obsolete Ariel, moved badly installed kitchen vent to better position, installed panels. Electrician Andy completed electrical meter box connections and answered my questions inbox layout and condition. Professional interest being exsubmariner electrical mechanic and finding rcd obsolete and ineffective. Overall experience excellent. Total clear up,nothing left. Explanation of inverter operation. Absolutely no hesitation should I ever require another system or upgrade.

Installation team worked efficiently

Contacting Sunterra team was easy and they answered all my questions with minimal fuss. The installation team left everything clean and tidy.
Apart from a misunderstanding about when I wanted the installation done I have been impressed with the entire process.

Good value, a bit of work involved.

6.6kW (19*350 Longi Mono) panels, 5kW Growatt (5500MTL) inverter $3799 including tilt kits for 10 panels.

Generally easy to get quote. $100 deposit (refundable) to have technician come out and measure, and answer questions.

Did not have enough space on NE facing roof for the whole system, and wanted to spread generation, and hence asked for panels with tilt kits for the SW facing roof, to face NW. All sorted, quote updated ($50 per tilt kit per panel). Ended up with 9 panels NE, 10 panels NW. Sunterra handled the utility approval and meter upgrade. Both happened within a couple days.

On day of installation, crew weren't sure if the tilt promised (perpendicular to fall of roof) could be achieved. After discussion with supervisor, they proceeded (5 year warranty on install, so I'm not worried). Install completed in a day. At the end, I received all the paperwork and instructions to connect the Wi-Fi data logger. Invoice arrived at the end of the day.

The next day, I noticed (via the phone app) that the inverter was cutting out. I called and the customer service people agreed to fix it remotely. The next day, the issue persisted.

The installers came the next day, after they noticed in their commissioning photos that some cables on the roof were a bit loose. I told them of the other issue, and they agreed it can be fixed remotely.

Eventually, I emailed Sunterra, got some traction, and the issue was resolved. I have had no issues since, and am quite happy with the performance of the system. It may or may not have been helped by the fact that I wouldn't pay the invoice until it was rectified.

Overall, it was a positive experience. If you're willing to put a little bit of effort in to chasing them up, you can save a lot of money with them. A similar product quote I received was $400 more, and another was over $1000 more expensive. For a few hours work, it is definitely worth it from my perspective.

No mucking around, no nonsense. Very straight forward and thorough with brilliant communication from the entire team.

Quote was accurate and alerted of any need to update ( re-quoted ). Installation was thorough and tidy. The customer follow up was dependable and professional.
A very slick job. Well done

Very happy with all process from start to finish

Very happy with all process, Sunterra bit all other companies quotes that I had, design and install very complex system 60 panels plus 2 batteries total of 4 inverters plus block-out system total output 20kw. That covers all my property needs. The installation was done with very professional and efficient team, great communication and everything on time! All problems are resolved without changing the quoted cost. The customer support with paperwork and documentation is fantastic. Show additional information

VERY Poor customer service when you need them

We had to get the installers back because they left cigarette butts and electrical off cuts on our roof which we have water tanks connected
Now after 3 months running we can not get through their customer help line. We now have 4 days it isn't working. We got onto head office person who said take photos of panel and email. No reply yet. We have rung everyday even 3 times to their dud customer help line that keeps you on hold, next tells you to leave a message. Absolute worst service and we are paying for power from the grid now! Sunterra is not worth it and we didn't go with them because they were the cheapest. We actually paid more for ABB unit and wireless. What a joke. Tomorrow we get the ACCC and our lawyer involved. DO NOT use them. Happy to give our details and story to anyone