Sunterra

Sunterra Reviews

As per their website:

"Sunterra was established in December 2010, Perth, Western Australia.

Since then, we have expanded our operations into New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia."

Reviewers report paying: $2,250 - $10,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Sunterra Reviews (254)

4.4/5

4.3/5

Outstanding service

No complaints about any of the service from the get go. They always kept me updated with what was happening. Even when i rang afterhours, some-one returned my call.

Top notch!

Too easy to organise, everything perfectly explained and the installer a professional, really happy with tue quality of the product and the installation.

A seamless process

When deciding to get a solar system, obtained the usual 3 quotes. Sunterra stood out because the people who did the sales, the site review and installation were all top notch. There were all willing to answer your questions and explain the whole process. And even the after installation staff were very polite and efficient in organising connection to the grid.
Would definitely recommend.

Exceptional Customer Service and Competitively Priced Solar System by Sunterra Solar.

Had great experience from Sunterra Solar and its staff. They have professional way of working and are very friendly at the same time which made me tilt towards Sunterra for having PV Solar system for my home. Their process of doing business is quite professional and trustworthy. One amazing thing I liked about Sunterra is their Price Match policy which gave them an edge to go for Solar installation with them.
They have latest Solar Panels and Inverter options to choose from. And the whole installation was completed in less than 2 weeks, which was a great surprise.

I must commend the sales & service support provided to me by Hakim. His knowledge in this field is exceptional and provided meaningful reasons for the products to choose.

He provide amazing and accurate knowledge to customers who are new to solar world with little to no knowledge of their own, without forcing you to go with them. I was able to reach him directly and helped me decide the best option for Solar system to go for.

Solar Panel and Inverter installation went smoothly without any hickups or issues. Installers did very well and professional installation with no water leakage guarantee.

I'd like to thank the whole team at Sunterra including the installers for doing a great job in putting the Solar on the roof of my house.

Fantastic all round

Whole process was super easy from getting the quote through to the installation. Great value for money. Highly recommend them. Sales team wasn’t pushy. They were polite and friendly. Kept me updated through the whole process. Installation team arrived on time. They were friendly and did a great job.

Fantastic installer and excellent service from whole team

Extremely happy with Sunterra, Adelaide. I got few quotes from interstate and when I talked to Sunterra sales person Hakim, he told me that he was ready to price match with any quote. To show me how the panels will look on top of my property, he sent me a photo from Google Earth with the panels on top of my roof. I accepted the offer and as assured they came and installed in 4 weeks. I am very happy with the product and the performance. Also, the office staff Linda and Josie were very helpful. They send the information to my electricity provider immediately and helped me with my 10 years extended warranty with Growatt inverter which I couldn't do myself online due to some issues.

Excellent team and a job well done.

The sales and installation team were great to work with. Informative and efficient. Hakim was very polite and guided us through the entire process. Could not be happier. Big thanks.

Great job

The guys did a great job - so meticulous - finished job looks like a work of art. The software allows me to see the money I am saving on an hourly basis. Can highly recommend.

On time installation and clean work

Very satisfied so far with the installation from Sunterra. Clean work and on time.

Excellent Service the whole team!

Extremely happy with my new 6.6kW Solar System. I contacted Sunterra online and received a call within hours. Graham Bottomley and the team were more than helpful with a process that too less than 2 weeks. My daughter has also purchased the same system which was installed on the same day! We were kept in the loop every step of the way. Thanks Graham and Sunterra

Well done!

All good, prompt service and honest answers to all questions. Good documentation provided and the actual installation was done without incident. All staff prompt and polite.

New Solar Panels.

When one has solar panels on the roof of your home you don't necessarily worry too much until you look at your returns from installation. Yuck.
I did the usual "Google" thing and found Sunterra. What a wonderful company to deal with.
Everyone employee was part of the Team.
It was quite evident when i initially spoke with Landon and everyone from there on did their utmost to ensure everything we spoke of was included not only in the quote but was installed.
Should anyone be looking for Solar Panel System to be installed on your home?
Give Landon at Sunterra a yell and i am confident you will be incredibly happy with the resulting system and price.
Cheers
Alan.

Great value for my money

Quote process was extremely easy. Sales person was very polite and happy to offer multiple different options. Most questions were answered within a day. Deposit was also reasonable $100.00.

Itinial waiting period was between 6 and 8 weeks. Waiting was a big longer(13 weeks) then expect,however, considering the current situation I was not surpriesd.

Great installation speed and friendly service

The quality and installation of the team were great. However, communication through the lockdown was patchy and required some follow ups. This should not detract from the overall product installed by Sunterra, great service and I would definitely recommend them.

Exceeded my expectations

I had a 6.6 kw solar system with Growatt inverter, Jinko panels and the additional Smart meter installed. Seamless experience from sales with Hakim to install with Sunterra’s in house installers managed by Matt, who delivered a very personalised customer experience.

Very professional installers got the job done on time and with no problems.

The monitoring app is extremely ease to use and was installed in a couple of minutes with no issues.

After receiving quotes from other installers at much higher price points, I couldn’t find anyone that came to close Sunterra, considering the service and product quality were top notch

A most satisfactory experience all round

Our first contact was Hakim, who we spoke to after seeing the ad in the paper. This was a Monday, and thanks to Hakim's prompt action, in getting John out to survey the roof & make sure the system & panels would fit, by the following Monday we had 18 panels on our roof making money. We were advised by Hakim, everything about the system & what would be happening and he was very polite, patient & a pleasure to deal with. The installers really surprised us by turning up very promptly on Monday morning in a very heavy rainstorm. This didn't faze these 3 lovely guys who just got on with the job. The installation went like clockwork everything cleaned up perfectly. The electrician was very helpful &connected everything up without any problems. So far follow up, customer service & workman ship have been brilliant. Thanks guys, Elizabeth.

Great solar installation!

The quotation was very pleasant and informative, could not ask for more, thank you!
The installation went very smooth with a very professional team who was punctual and tidy up everything.
Sunterra did everything and it was a very smooth transition, again thank you.
I had a lot of fun with 3 very polite and nice guys, great job.

Like clockwork

In less than 2 weeks after initial enquiry, 6.6kW PV is installed on my roof and working like clockwork. The Growatt inverter looks nice. Time will tell about long term.

Profesional work

They are professional and committed. Very happy with their service

Solar Review

Very professional, efficient and transparent with all transactions. They also reply straight away and easy to deal with.

Reliable and fast installer.

Excellent process from initial quote to installation in just 3 business days.

Very happy.

I would recommend this company to any one I live in the country area it that wasn’t a problem everyone involved were always to happy to help with any questions asked the job ran smoothly all the way I’m so happy with this company.
A big thank you to all.

Outstanding Customer Service

Thank you so much to Luiz, Maiki and Gursharn for their outstanding customer service. They made sure we understood everything and were very thorough with their installation. They communicated with effectively throughout whilst maintaining my family privacy. It was nice to see the boys enjoying their job even though the weather was not so good. Also thank you to Steve the Electrician for his ongoing communication and nothing was any trouble. Great work over all Sunterra highly recommended. Daniel Larranaga

Great system and team

Landon and the team at Sunterra were great. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who was looking to get a system installed.

Exceptional - an oasis of professionalism.

I'm re-assured that there are still people out there who are genuine and have integrity. I refer to Sunterra, their team, and in particular Landon Bekovs.

We live in an age of insincerity and ruthless hyperbole and have become conditioned to being conned and ripped-off. Not so with these people. I received courtesy, a good value solar product, and great service. Landon walked me through it patiently and respectfully and without pressure- an oasis of welcome escape when under siege from the multitude of pressure-merchants in this industry. My good wishes go also to Jim and Valentin, the installers, absolute gentlemen.

David , retired psychologist.

Fast installation, fixed issues promptly and without fuss. Say Kamil sent you ;)

Landon was great in organising things, about one week from deposit to installation. We had a few minor issues with broken tiles (which we were informed of as a risk beforehand due to the age of the property 1970) and electrical but the team at sunterra really responded quickly and fixed all issues incredibly promptly.

Communication was great at all stages which really is a plus.

Good price and decent efficiency even in winter and sales process was not pushy. We had other installers quote a system that promised the world but didn't meet the sniff test. Spent months on research and ended up with Sunterra.

Will recommend to family and will use in future to expand the system.

Good value solar panel system

A well organised company, installation and commissioning was seamless. Would recommend this company to others wanting solar panel system.

Top Notch Service

Initial contact with Sunterra re what system to get and why was extremely helpful. This was matched by the teams that, without a hitch, removed my old system and then replaced it with the new, with a new roof being installed in between these two events. Frequent communication and meeting all commitments made re timing etc were really pleasing.

Excellent service for a somewhat unusual site

Because my site is somewhat unusual with my house down at a lower level than my carport, below a steep retaining wall and shading issues limiting the area available on my roof for the panels, I was happy to pay the $100 deposit to get a site inspection done. The guy arrived promptly and was very knowledgeable and helpful, and I was happy to proceed based on what we agreed that was reflected in an updated quote.

Similarly the installation team arrived on time and were very communicative and did a great job. I was really pleased with the way they routed the inverter cabling in the brick wall cavity, so there are no exposed surface-mounted cables.

I explored a battery system, but it wasn't viable due to the extra panels that would have been required and my limited suitable roof space

Highly recommended.

Sunterra was a delight to work with, from working through quotes and options, and through to installation.

They provided really great options for our system, honestly answered every question and gave us really competitive pricing, and then took days from the final quote until it was installed.

Installers were professional, polite, punctual and friendly and went without hitch.

Great Service and Fast install

From start to finish Sunterra were great the system was in and working in 1 month

and nothing was too hard to do

the panels look good and the batteries and inverter which were put in the carport are neat and don't get in the way

The installers were very helpful with information the whole time they were here

Review of 243 Riverside Drive

Thank you for the installing of our new Solar system on the 11th of May. The young chaps that installed it were all very polite and knew exactly what had to be done. I would have no problem with recommending Sunterra to any of my friends.

Best price with excellent customer service

The quoting process is excellent, the staff spend time to discuss different options and chose the best plan for me.

The installation is smoothly, the staff were very professional and kind, did a neat job.

The customer service is unforgettable, they follow every step from quoting, planning, install and even post installation review.
I strongly recommend sunterra to anyone who wants install solar system.

Great company very professional

Very happy with the installation very professional. From the sales quote to installation. Any queries were answered by email or a return call no headaches.

Very efficient service

Very helpful service by Daniel despite some initial delays. The installation was very good with very little mess.

I am impressed with the speed and value of this installation

Everything appears excellent. Unfortunately I have been in hospital and have not had a good chance to review things. I can say I am very happy with the efficiency and professionalism of the team. The quality appears very good. The price was excellent.
Many thanks

True Professionals

Since my first phone call to Sunterra and including the installation i believe i made a smart decision as i have been dealing with fantastic people and very professional. Many thanks to all involved. Alan and Barbara

Superb attention to detail by all members of team Sunterra

Pre installation and assessment process for the $100 deposit was an efficient way of introducing the request for installation to Western Power by Sunterra. Well done! particularly as we live some 200 kilometres from Perth.

The actual installation, carried out by Chino and Valentina, and then a third team member, electrician Connor was done in an efficient and expeditious manner, including removal of the old solar installation with care to preserve the panels and inverter. Very hard-working and tireless effort by the 2 main installers lead to a most satisfactory and trouble-free experience.

All this backgrounded by Landon whose courtesy and reassurance about back-up and over-view was most reassuring.

Follow-up phone calls from Shannon to check that we were satisfied with Sunterra's staff and service standard and to Tony who phoned, at Shannon's request, to explain the Shinephone app data display.
We now await in anticipation of sunny days to fill the battery and give us an assessment of potential power-bill saving.

Fantastic Product I'm very impressed

Customer Sales very good indeed and a Follow up call to enquire if I was happy with the installation. Installation Team was on time, very Polite and left it Clean and Tidy. Grid Connection was Organised after the Installation.

Return customer

Return customer, I just upgraded my 10year old 1.5kW system. Just over 2 weeks from initial phone call, to having panels installed on my roof! Super easy process, great pricing! Highly recommend.

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

Easy, prompt, excellent

Very happy with the entire service from quotation by Landon right through to the scheduling and installation. I'm pleased with the site inspection and the recommendations the technician has given. The installation team were excellent, punctual and tidy. Can definitely recommend!!!

Top Company to deal with.

We have recently had solar panels installed by Sunterra and we are so impressed with the professionalism of this Company. From Sales Rep Graham, all the information given and who answered any questions in an honest & relaxed manner. They handled all of the paper work necessary and organized for our existing power meter to be changed over and we received a phone call each time a Serviceman was due to attend. An installation date was promptly made and the installers arrived exactly on time and they were very polite and friendly young men, as was Conner, the electrician. The installation went ahead perfectly on the day and everything was left so clean & tidy at the finish. Conner talked us through the details of the converter in an easy, pleasant manner. To the lovely Shannon in the Office who has the most delightful phone manner when I rung through our payment details.
Thank you all so very much Sunterra, it has been a pleasure doing business with your Company.
Through our recommendation, our Daughter & Son in law have just used Sunterra also. I have received an email from Graham informing us that we will be receiving a $100 bonus. Wow!! thank you, this is much appreciated.

Excellent

Excellent service from the beginning with Landon over the phone who was able to explain the products and match prices as requested politely and with no fuss. Installation was smooth and as planned with workers punctual and friendly. Haven't had long enough with the system to discuss performance, but initial experiences are good.

High rate of satisfaction

Find out about the company from the advertisement in the West Australian newspaper which displayed the company name and several quotes with the price either panel system without additional battery or with the battery inclusive.
As the price was very attractive, contacted the customer service to inquire more information regarding every possible aspect of the system displayed.
CS Representative / Graham Bottomley was exceptionally good to address every possible inquiry presented, explaining every provided answer in intricate details
Since, everything went smooth and according to our conversation. No any other hidden cost or any other additional revenues were charged
Installation didn't take long and panels were the appropriate size and put in direct locations on a roof as was drafted by the Company's technician
In addition, Sunterra forwarded all necessary documentation to the Sinergy and the Western Power including all necessary paper work
Graham Bottomley personally contacted me several times again after the installation to follow up to be sure that everything is well.
I am very happy customer and would advise this Company as the very reliable and good to deal with

Solar panels and Battery

Sunterras installation crew arrived on time as promised there was a slight problem with the quote from the sales rep but this was addressed and fixed promptly with out any hassle credit to them other solar companies would not care their installation crew was professional and knowledgeable of the task at hand cleaned up after them selves and worked solid all day but they could not finish in one day so had to come back which they did and got the system up and running we live 3 hrs from melbourne and this wsd not a problem highly recommended this company it is not my first solar system installed but it was by far the best experience we have had thank you

Attentive and personable service from Sunterra

Sunterra were competitive and communicative in their approach to sales/quoting, without being overtly 'pushy'. COVID-19 hampered deadlines quite considerably regarding installation (I am in Victoria; there was a backlog of installations to complete before mine). The installers themselves were again, attentive and personable (Emmanuel was particularly helpful and came back to attend to one issue I raised promptly). After install, I had a number of questions about the battery, all of which were answered helpfully. Thoroughly recommended.

Fantastic installation great communication

I was lucky enough to speak to Hakim from Sunterra Solar he took the time to explain to me the process starting from the installation day to obtaining certification with energy Victoria, he also assured me he will take care of all relevant paperwork to my energy supplier to organise grid connection after install , he also informed me there was a delay of 8 to 10 weeks as they were busy before I accepted the quote so I knew there was a wait, after sending me the quote he phoned me to check if I had received it and if I had any questions. installation was done by Emanual and team they did a great job on the installation, no damage to the render on house and they left everything tidy even taking all packaging boxes with them ,Hakim and Emanual you are a credit to Sunterra love your good work.

Sunterra brought me out of the dark

I had done a few months of research into solar installations. It felt it was all too hard, comparing prices, reviews and brands.

I'm happy I called Sunterra (Nathan), they weren't pushy. I sent a few recent bills, which they used to calculate my kW needs. They arranged installation guys to come and inspect the property, and later that day, they sent me a very competitive quote. Because the quote was in writing (email), and not face to face, I didn't feel any pressure to sign up.
The quote had a bird's eye view of the house, with the solar panels filled in. After this email and quote, I stopped worrying about which size system and company was best for me.

The installers (Michael, Anri and Hayden) were similarly reassuring. I was feeling nervous, as I get nervous with any major works on my house. My fears dissolved once the installers walked me through the process. I felt relaxed as they worked on the roof.

On the day of the install, they arrived promptly. They inspected the roof and let me know about a tile that had broken since my roof restoration. Because of this, I was able to fix it before the panels went on. I was impressed with their calm and reassuring professional attitude. They cleaned up after themselves.

After the install, I was concerned about accessing feed in tariffs from my energy provider. Once again, the team at Sunterra (Natasha) had given my provider everything required. The external energy provider commented on how quickly all of the approvals came through! Because the approvals came through, I could access my feed in tariffs straight away

It's now Autumn, and I'm cranking my heater, and using my clothes dryer non- stop and still in surplus. I've been tracking my daily usage and I'm in surplus every day. I've got two young kids and our energy demands are high. Being able to use the dryer non-stop has really decreased my workload, as I`m always busy running around for the kids and work full time.

I'm happy I stopped the research and all the fussing and called Sunterra. Next time, When I am looking at upgrading to battery, I'm going to call Sunterra, and leave it to the professionals!

N.B In the photo, you can see the recent roof renovation and panels on top.