Sunterra Reviews

As per their website:

"Sunterra was established in December 2010, Perth, Western Australia.

Since then, we have expanded our operations into New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia."

Reviewers report paying: $2,250 - $8,190 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Sunterra Reviews (222)

4.4/5

4.4/5

4.2/5

Review of 243 Riverside Drive

Thank you for the installing of our new Solar system on the 11th of May. The young chaps that installed it were all very polite and knew exactly what had to be done. I would have no problem with recommending Sunterra to any of my friends.

Great company very professional

Very happy with the installation very professional. From the sales quote to installation. Any queries were answered by email or a return call no headaches.

Very efficient service

Very helpful service by Daniel despite some initial delays. The installation was very good with very little mess.

I am impressed with the speed and value of this installation

Everything appears excellent. Unfortunately I have been in hospital and have not had a good chance to review things. I can say I am very happy with the efficiency and professionalism of the team. The quality appears very good. The price was excellent.
Many thanks

True Professionals

Since my first phone call to Sunterra and including the installation i believe i made a smart decision as i have been dealing with fantastic people and very professional. Many thanks to all involved. Alan and Barbara

Superb attention to detail by all members of team Sunterra

Pre installation and assessment process for the $100 deposit was an efficient way of introducing the request for installation to Western Power by Sunterra. Well done! particularly as we live some 200 kilometres from Perth.

The actual installation, carried out by Chino and Valentina, and then a third team member, electrician Connor was done in an efficient and expeditious manner, including removal of the old solar installation with care to preserve the panels and inverter. Very hard-working and tireless effort by the 2 main installers lead to a most satisfactory and trouble-free experience.

All this backgrounded by Landon whose courtesy and reassurance about back-up and over-view was most reassuring.

Follow-up phone calls from Shannon to check that we were satisfied with Sunterra's staff and service standard and to Tony who phoned, at Shannon's request, to explain the Shinephone app data display.
We now await in anticipation of sunny days to fill the battery and give us an assessment of potential power-bill saving.

Fantastic Product I'm very impressed

Customer Sales very good indeed and a Follow up call to enquire if I was happy with the installation. Installation Team was on time, very Polite and left it Clean and Tidy. Grid Connection was Organised after the Installation.

Return customer

Return customer, I just upgraded my 10year old 1.5kW system. Just over 2 weeks from initial phone call, to having panels installed on my roof! Super easy process, great pricing! Highly recommend.

Price change

I had put the deposit down on a quote from Sunterra, both the salesmen and the in-house installers that inspected the property were great & very friendly.

I was given a quote based on my 2 story house and a installation date was booked in.

Not even 48 hours before my installation I received a call from Sunterra advising that they need to pay extra for a scissor lift, and that it would be $600, but would only charge me half - so an extra $300.

I advised Sunterra that they had priced match a quote that included this fee PLUS, they knew it was double story form the first call as per the quote... clearly the installer knew as the attended the property.

I even pointed out that it very clearly states in their terms and conditions:

"5. Price increases

5.2 We can only increase prices under clause 5.1 if:

C) we give you written notice of the increase at least one week before the Target Date set out in the Quote, or, if we have notified you of a new Target Date under clause 7.6, that new Target Date."

Still Sunterra would not budge, I have now wasted my time and energy, taking time to meet with installer and compare quotes & waiting for an install date that never came.

Very disappointed a local / Aus owned company would do this, even clearly going against their own T&C's. I now have to start over again with quotes & bookings ect.

Easy, prompt, excellent

Very happy with the entire service from quotation by Landon right through to the scheduling and installation. I'm pleased with the site inspection and the recommendations the technician has given. The installation team were excellent, punctual and tidy. Can definitely recommend!!!

Top Company to deal with.

We have recently had solar panels installed by Sunterra and we are so impressed with the professionalism of this Company. From Sales Rep Graham, all the information given and who answered any questions in an honest & relaxed manner. They handled all of the paper work necessary and organized for our existing power meter to be changed over and we received a phone call each time a Serviceman was due to attend. An installation date was promptly made and the installers arrived exactly on time and they were very polite and friendly young men, as was Conner, the electrician. The installation went ahead perfectly on the day and everything was left so clean & tidy at the finish. Conner talked us through the details of the converter in an easy, pleasant manner. To the lovely Shannon in the Office who has the most delightful phone manner when I rung through our payment details.
Thank you all so very much Sunterra, it has been a pleasure doing business with your Company.
Through our recommendation, our Daughter & Son in law have just used Sunterra also. I have received an email from Graham informing us that we will be receiving a $100 bonus. Wow!! thank you, this is much appreciated.

Excellent

Excellent service from the beginning with Landon over the phone who was able to explain the products and match prices as requested politely and with no fuss. Installation was smooth and as planned with workers punctual and friendly. Haven't had long enough with the system to discuss performance, but initial experiences are good.

High rate of satisfaction

Find out about the company from the advertisement in the West Australian newspaper which displayed the company name and several quotes with the price either panel system without additional battery or with the battery inclusive.
As the price was very attractive, contacted the customer service to inquire more information regarding every possible aspect of the system displayed.
CS Representative / Graham Bottomley was exceptionally good to address every possible inquiry presented, explaining every provided answer in intricate details
Since, everything went smooth and according to our conversation. No any other hidden cost or any other additional revenues were charged
Installation didn't take long and panels were the appropriate size and put in direct locations on a roof as was drafted by the Company's technician
In addition, Sunterra forwarded all necessary documentation to the Sinergy and the Western Power including all necessary paper work
Graham Bottomley personally contacted me several times again after the installation to follow up to be sure that everything is well.
I am very happy customer and would advise this Company as the very reliable and good to deal with

Solar panels and Battery

Sunterras installation crew arrived on time as promised there was a slight problem with the quote from the sales rep but this was addressed and fixed promptly with out any hassle credit to them other solar companies would not care their installation crew was professional and knowledgeable of the task at hand cleaned up after them selves and worked solid all day but they could not finish in one day so had to come back which they did and got the system up and running we live 3 hrs from melbourne and this wsd not a problem highly recommended this company it is not my first solar system installed but it was by far the best experience we have had thank you

Attentive and personable service from Sunterra

Sunterra were competitive and communicative in their approach to sales/quoting, without being overtly 'pushy'. COVID-19 hampered deadlines quite considerably regarding installation (I am in Victoria; there was a backlog of installations to complete before mine). The installers themselves were again, attentive and personable (Emmanuel was particularly helpful and came back to attend to one issue I raised promptly). After install, I had a number of questions about the battery, all of which were answered helpfully. Thoroughly recommended.

Fantastic installation great communication

I was lucky enough to speak to Hakim from Sunterra Solar he took the time to explain to me the process starting from the installation day to obtaining certification with energy Victoria, he also assured me he will take care of all relevant paperwork to my energy supplier to organise grid connection after install , he also informed me there was a delay of 8 to 10 weeks as they were busy before I accepted the quote so I knew there was a wait, after sending me the quote he phoned me to check if I had received it and if I had any questions. installation was done by Emanual and team they did a great job on the installation, no damage to the render on house and they left everything tidy even taking all packaging boxes with them ,Hakim and Emanual you are a credit to Sunterra love your good work.

Sunterra brought me out of the dark

I had done a few months of research into solar installations. It felt it was all too hard, comparing prices, reviews and brands.

I'm happy I called Sunterra (Nathan), they weren't pushy. I sent a few recent bills, which they used to calculate my kW needs. They arranged installation guys to come and inspect the property, and later that day, they sent me a very competitive quote. Because the quote was in writing (email), and not face to face, I didn't feel any pressure to sign up.
The quote had a bird's eye view of the house, with the solar panels filled in. After this email and quote, I stopped worrying about which size system and company was best for me.

The installers (Michael, Anri and Hayden) were similarly reassuring. I was feeling nervous, as I get nervous with any major works on my house. My fears dissolved once the installers walked me through the process. I felt relaxed as they worked on the roof.

On the day of the install, they arrived promptly. They inspected the roof and let me know about a tile that had broken since my roof restoration. Because of this, I was able to fix it before the panels went on. I was impressed with their calm and reassuring professional attitude. They cleaned up after themselves.

After the install, I was concerned about accessing feed in tariffs from my energy provider. Once again, the team at Sunterra (Natasha) had given my provider everything required. The external energy provider commented on how quickly all of the approvals came through! Because the approvals came through, I could access my feed in tariffs straight away

It's now Autumn, and I'm cranking my heater, and using my clothes dryer non- stop and still in surplus. I've been tracking my daily usage and I'm in surplus every day. I've got two young kids and our energy demands are high. Being able to use the dryer non-stop has really decreased my workload, as I`m always busy running around for the kids and work full time.

I'm happy I stopped the research and all the fussing and called Sunterra. Next time, When I am looking at upgrading to battery, I'm going to call Sunterra, and leave it to the professionals!

N.B In the photo, you can see the recent roof renovation and panels on top.

Fantastic Company

From the moment we rang for a quote we felt comfortable with this company. Everything went quickly and smoothly from there, thanks to the very knowledgeable and helpful Amr Ba Hakim. The installation took a full day, and the installation team were friendly, and more importantly, professional in their approach. The electrician helped us set up our App to monitor the system.
Thank you, and we are happy to recommend your company to others.
Very satisfied with the company

Sunterra

From start to finish they were very professional, informative, punctual, clean and after system was installed we were contacted to make sure we were happy

Teelow

From the Salesman very helpful and informative to being informed from stat to finished. Very satisfied with the customer service

Solar and battery installation

Pleased with service and installation although co-vid slowed things down. Graham Bottomley very knowledgeable and easy to communicate with. Highly recommend Sunterra.

Mission impossible is possible

Our case is the most challenging job the panel has to put everywhere. The team of Sunterra did an amazing job. They are punctual,professional and positive. They even help me check out my faulty electronic gate. Sunterra not only provide top quality products but also perform second to none services. The great job you have achieved is changing our life style and of course changing the world! Well Done Guys.

Highly recommend

2 weeks from phone call, to having panels on my roof! Super easy process, very reasonably priced! Highly recommend

Sunterra - highly reccommended

I really liked the follow up from Sunterra and meeting what I was looking for (cost & product) early on.
The sales support and customer service was excellent. Abdullah from customer service was great with his follow up and support to answer all questions and help with the monitoring app. Install team were professional and did a great job too.
Can recommend Sunterra if you are looking for a good value product and excellent service.

Professional and honest service

We had our solar system installed by Sunterra. With Landon’s sales expertise it gave us a better understanding in the system As the quote was well explained we when a head. We feel that the installation team were professional and honest with their service. When 2 tiles broke they informed us and will have it replaced soon. We would strongly recommend anybody to Sunterra in the future.

Satisfied customer

Friendly initial conversation with Sam from Sales. From then on I felt assured and confident of the processes that needed to be done. The services people that visited our property all had a warm and professional nature. The installation and pre installation work was exceptional.
Recommend to friends and family. Thank you.

Highly recommended

The process from quote to installation was prompt, informative and well done.

Landon and the installation team did a fantastic job.

Simple, great value and performs from day 1.

A 6.6 KW fully installed for $3k...what's the catch?

Starts with an awesome experience with Landon from sales.
Peace of mind with on site inspection and review from Kelvin.
An army of installers led by Michael that were fast, professional and cleaned up every last scrap of material.
A full explanation of operation leaving me with no questions.
Full 10 year warrant on inverter.
Pumping out between 26kw and 18KW on cloudy days in April.......

No catch....Just great people delivering on a promise of a quality system at a great price.

What are you waiting for?

excellent solar system

Fantastic company. Shopped around best value for money. Everything promised was delivered on time installers did a fantastic job. Highly recommend.

Solar - Sunterra

Sunterra were extremely helpful in arranging our solar system installation. The level of customer service from Hakim was excellent, with prompt replies, and clarity of information at every step of the process.
The final site installation was completed in a very professional manner by the contractor engaged by Sunterra, would recommend this company.

So happy

From the moment we met with Sam the salesperson from this company we knew we had picked a company that suited us. Friendly, value for money and speed of installation was amazing.

Sam our installer was friendly and super helpful. As he was finished he went through every step of what was done,needed to be done and helped us with installation of the app and how to use the app.

Without a doubt I will be passing on the company’s name to others as well as Sam’s. You won’t be disappointed by going through with this company. I know we weren’t.

Love using free clean energy!

Customer service was excellent. The installers were neat, polite and punctual.
By the time that they had finished I was already generating enough energy to cover my household load as well as charge my battery - and that was 4pm in April!
Cannot wait for my next electricity bill!

Installers were fantastic guys, professional, prompt and extremely friendly. Reefe would be welcome in my house anytime.

The entire process was extremely smooth and easy. Sales staff were also professional, friendly and knowlegeable.

Extremely easy and transparent

I dealt with the Team and found them to be honest and reliable. There was nothing hidden or left out and they made the process extremely easy.
I have spread the word and made sure my family and friends are aware of this exceptional service

Professional and affordable.

Sunterra were very easy to deal with, the installation was organised within a month which was extremely fast considering it is the build up to Easter. The installers from Adelite did a great job, the system looks nice and neat, no broken roof tiles etc.
After sales service has also been very good, the installers explained the system well and it was easily connected to my household WIFI to track usage etc.
I would highly recommend.

Professional and reliable

After requesting an on line quote I was contacted by phone within an hour. After answering questions about my premises and needs an appropriate system was recommended. The competitve quote covered quality components and workmanship with guarantees on both. I was guided through the process for any relevant government incentives. I paid $100 deposit on accepting the quote.
There was a time delay in installing the system due to covid restrictions however once the date was given the whole installation process was very swift.
I received a ph call to arrange an appointment for a site inspection the following day. Site inspection was conducted on time and installation was completed the next day. I was very impressed with a three day turn around. The team arrived with everything they needed so no delays and they left my home clean and tidy, the only evidence they left behind was a beautiful new solar system.
All of the staff and installation team were easy to deal with, they were all very polite, knowledgable, friendly, efficient and reliable. Government incentives were deducted from the cost and I paid the balance on completion of the job.
Overall a terrific experience, I have no complaints.

Sunterra Deliver Awesome Bang for Buck System

Sunterra have been excellent from the first contact with Graham, through to installation and support (I couldn't connect the WiFi monitoring - but Sunterra support talked me through it and were absolutely delightful). The only issue I had was with delays on installation - of about a month. The installers were excellent - arrived on time, discussed location, did extra cabling to make sure the install was neat etc. We are generating massive amounts of excess power from the 6.6KW system plus 13KW of battery. Cost was around $6.5k after subsidies (based in SA) and was half the price of most other quotes. This price included the blackout protection system. I am extremely happy to recommend Sunterra.

Excellent Service

I was very pleased I chose Sunterra. The whole team involved provided service that was prompt, friendly, efficient and professional - Hakim in sales, John who did the pre-install, Bruno & Alan the installers, Connor the electrician, and the office staff who contacted me re scheduling. Communication was good - they listened, were happy to respond to questions and discuss options.
I would recommend Sunterra to anyone else wanting solar power for their home.

Value for money and good post-sales customer service

The quote process was below average. Everything was done over the phone using their satellite map software. They didn't send anyone out to inspect the home but luckily mine was a straight forward place and had no shading. Although they requested me to send pictures of my metre box a few times so seems like their system don't get updated or they lost it. It took 6 months from deposit to a commissioned system with the original time frame of 4-6 weeks.

Installation went ok although I question their booking system. It's a 2-story house and the installers knew it would take 2 days to install. They only booked for one and had other jobs lined up. So I waited additional 2 weeks for them to return and complete the install. The guys did a good job with the install. Panels lined up and sitting flush with each other. Cables all tucked away neatly and nothing exposed. They tweaked the original design to add more panels to the west and has turned out better as I would consume more power in the afternoon. They installers were friendly and cheerful.

When the system was installed, i had a few teething issues with my solar but calling Sunterra for support has been a delight. They are very helpful and had a good experience with them addressing my issues.

Value for money system and installation. Friendly, polite, tidy and punctual team. Installers were efficient and sparky Glenn was particularly thorough. Sales consultant Louie took the time to explain the technical aspects of the system which was appreciated.

Highly Recommended

Suntherra did a great job of removing my previous solar system and replacing it with a 6.6KW. A good price and professional in their installation. Would recommend them.

Excellent Installer

Totally satisfied from the initial quote to the final installation. They were very prompt and polite and everything was explained to us in an understanding manner. The office staff were excellent also, after completion.

Great price and responsive service

Louie was very well informed on the technology and best options and gave a competitive quote on our 6.6kw system without being “pushy”. The installation was well done and the team very effective and tidy.

Sunterra

Very happy from the 1st phone call to the finish product. My daughter also went with Sunterra, very happy with the prompt install. Very easy to talk too and very helpful with any questions asked.

Excellent

Great value
From the first meeting to discuss getting a solar system the suppliers new there stuff especially Paul Tran
The installers were great
The sparkies were great
Nothing was a problem
They are highly recommend if you are after a solid system
Very happy!!

Good quality job

Quoting process was done easily
The installation team were on time, did a good tidy job & explained the workings of the grid connection to me & also the battery I had installed it the job
Recommended the job to my neighbour who had it done also
Would highly recommend this company to others
Good value for money
System seems to be performing well

Fantastic Company and great staff

I have had my panels installed by Sunterra at my previous home and the new one we purchased. Both times they have been installed professionally and quickly. The sales team gave me a great price for the quality product I was after. Everyone was very polite and punctual. Sunterra organised everything behind the scenes and made the whole process easy.

Thank you Nathan and team at Sunterra

Excellent service right from pre-wiring to complete installation. Sales experience, especially dealing with Nathan was wonderful as he guided me exceptionally well regarding the type, size and installation process and after sales app configurations for my systems’ monitoring and panel installation. My overall experience has been great.

A big thank you to Sunterra and especially Nathan.

Regards,
Rahul

Happy customer

Just got my solar and battery package installed few weeks ago, the process goes smoothly although there is a delay of installation due to Christmas break but I am satisfied with the total outcome as they gave me an extra solar panels. Great team to deal with. Happy customer.