Venergy

Venergy Reviews

Venergy is a long-standing solar installer in Australia. We have successfully installed thousands of systems nationwide since 2009 including many large, high-profile commercial installations and thousands of Australian family homes. Our product warranties are longer, and our post-sales service has been proven more reliable than many others operating in the solar market today.

As one of the pioneering solar specialists in the industry, Venergy has established a solid track record in providing top quality products and carrying out installation in accordance with the highest standards available. Venergy's key advantage is its structure -- it is owned, led, and managed by engineers and electricians. This technical expertise throughout all levels of management enables Venergy to be extremely efficient in their installation procedures and quality assurance. Venergy creates a seamless and friendly interface that starts with pre-installation design and is the beginning of our relationship with you.

Our licensed and fully CEC-accredited installers are also employees and that also makes a real difference in the way we engage our customers; not just initially when attending to an install but also for after-sales service and following up queries/support. Our install staff are long term employees and are often a valuable source of information for customers during and post install.

" Established solar retailer since 2009.

" Our In-house engineers and electricians will provide a no-obligation, free proposal. We will even come to site where required to ensure the best possible install.

" Our installers are long-term employees.

" Our proposal will be fixed and you can be assured there will be no hidden charges.

" Go Solar, Trust Venergy!

Reviewers report paying: $3,500 - $8,700 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Venergy Reviews (154)

Perfect

From the moment we decided to get solar to the installation, venergy was seamless.
The quotes were quick, education spot on and installers were professional and friendly.
The payment plan is a great way to pay interest free over time.
I would highly recommend this company.

Good installation

Their electrician Andrew, friendly guy who took the time to explain how the system works and helped set up monitoring on my computer.
More than happy now but if you have a microinverter system installed install the enlighten app and watch. Keep an eye on individual panel performance. If the panels are not within the output of each other then you have a communication issue. The power cables also transmit the data to and from the panels to the controller. This sometimes needs to be tweaked to get the communication to run right. It’s done via the internet so don’t have to be home. I initially had 6 non performing panels but the installer and emphases took the matter seriously and quickly to work out the issue and after a revised software update the whole array is working better than I anticipated. The moral of the story is with micro-inverters you can pinpoint a problem and get it sorted where as non micro-inverters you have no idea if any panel is not working. Yes you pay the extra but isn’t it better having a system that is working at maximum efficiency than a system that without you knowing is actually costing you for a dud panel. I have 2 powerwall2 and they are charging at their max rate of 10kw and the excess is going to grid. In 4 months I have exported more power than the previous solar did in 3 years. The best thing is I get partial shading morning and late afternoon but with microinverter panel will produce on the one that still have sun, where as my old string array set up stopped producing.

Venergy did a great job, happy that I chose them.

I got 8 quotes prior to the installation. 3 from Solar Quotes and 5 from Google/Facebook.

Venergy was the most expensive, however: they were very flexible with the quoting process. I have asked them to modify the quote about 3 or 4 times. No problem.

Venergy was the only one who offered to come to my house to check out the property.

The system they use to generate the quotes is amazing, giving you full transparency and tons of useful information on the product you are getting.

Installation was booked in quick, the guys doing the installs were fantastic. Professional, polite, using high quality hardware. Could not fault them.

Venergy helped with a green loan and the grid connection.

Grid connection was slow, but it wasn't Venergy's fault. AGL took more than a month to update the old meter to a smart meter.

I am still in touch with Venergy, when I get a battery in the future I will make sure they are the ones installing it. I would highly recommend them if you are looking for a professional, reliable company who will look after you for many years to come.

Return on investment for the full system should be around 4 years with the current feed in tariff.

No after care

Happy with quote and installation. However, minor issues discovered during the Australian Government Clean Energy Regulator inspection have not been followed up by Venergy Australia. An email by me for the issues to be rectified has been ignored. The Regulator says Venergy also failed to respond to them when they sent a copy of the report to them.

Professional Company

From first enquiry to final installation was very smooth
Salesman Jamie was a pleasure to deal with and always available for ongoing questions that needed to be answered.
Installers explanation on processes was extremely professional with work carried out
System is working better than my expectations
Highly recommend Venergy

Good expectations completely fulfilled

Quoting process highly responsive to my needs.
Installation went efficiently and was conducted by a very pleasant and knowledgeable team
Connexion was organised efficiently

Semi-Satisfied Customer

I had several changes to installation dates {after taking time off work},--and was told if not the final date offered, - I would

Have to wait several weeks for installation.

It took 2 phone calls 10 days apart for the meter changeover to be arranged,---appparently it had been "overlooked", --no follow up from first phonecall . Altogether it was 6 weeks until system could be switched on.
That said,--the "receptionist was very apologetic and prompt when I complained.

Review

Installaters were excellent, Sales quoting was good from all 3 coy's (selected Venergy after I requested changes).
Still waiting on Electrical inspection & grid connection.

Solar panels are Trina VertexS DE09.08

Very poor communication from the admin team

Sales person was very helpful in terms of choosing the right products. Installer came and finished work on time, work is very neat and happy with the installation.

However, very poor communication from the admin team, almost like they are not working for the same company. Two different admins called and advised two different installation dates. I was also told that my solar paperwork was going to be sent to my local retailer after installation, I paid on time. Almost 4 weeks later, rang my retailer because there was no feed-in-tariff happend during the billing period, and was told that they did not recieve any documents from Venergy. Still waiting for Venergy to reply.

Brilliant Solar Company

From start to finish all of the people involved at Venergy have gone out of their way to be helpful - One of the best companies I have ever dealt with. They have made the entire process seamless. They keep you informed every step of the way.

Good service and value for money

The sales person was polite and responsive. I got quotes and adjustments the same day and he answered all my questions through phone or email promptly.

The installation team was also very polite. They arrived on time and communicated really well with me throughout the installation process. One of the reasons I chose Venergy was that they use their own employees instead of sub contractors to do installations and the blue of this was demonstrated by the gentleman who did the work at my home.

All of the Venergy staff I have spoken to have been professional and helped me without delay. I would definitely recommend them

Very positive experience.

I really appreciated the effort made by all staff at Venergy to make sure that I had a positive experience. They also contacted my energy retailer so I left everything to them with no problem. There was a small problem with my on line monitoring of the energy flow which they promptly fixed, even after I had fully paid for the installation.

The installation is neat and very well done and the installers arrived on time and on the pre-arranged day. They were very polite and were happy to spend time answering questions and explaining to me the details of what they were about to do.

Highly recommend Venergy.

Installation team is very good manners and great service from start to finish.
We are extremely happy.
The panels looks fantastic and fast installation.
I’m highly recommend Venergy.

Experienced and knowledgeable company

Straightforward process from the knowledgeable sales person who was more than happy to spend the time on the phone with me to answer all my questions, through to customer service team who managed the admin and finally the installation team that arrived on time, were friendly and were neat with all areas of installation. I’m in the final stages of the process, but to date I’d be more that happy to recommend Venergy Australia.

Fantastic sales process. High quality installation and after sales support.

Sales:

Jay was our salesman. He initially contacted me by telephone and after an initial discussion he agreed to meet at our home at a time suitable to my wife and I. Jay brought with him a sample of the panel that he intended to install and was able to answer any questions we had and continues to do so to this day. That level of personal service is important to me and shows me that Venergy is a professional company who care about their customers.

Installation:

Unfortunately I wasn't home for either day of the installation however I was able to meet with the head installer briefly on day 2. When I arrived home that evening I had a quick look over the installation and everything was as Jay had promised it would be. The installation team left the site clean and tidy and the installation has been completed professionally and to the standard you'd expect.

Customer Service:

The customer service from the team at Venergy has been exceptional. They organised everything with my electricity retailer, I literally haven't had to do anything at all.

Excellent service, Fantastic installation, Great Job

Paul Reynolds from Venergy was excellent , from the initial phone call that I made to this day, Paul has been professional in his conversations, always responded to all my queries immediately, completed the installation on time.

Great Job Paul, thanks for all your support, would like to thank the Venergy team for their great service. Job well done. Keep it up.

Venergy Solar install.

I found the sales rep to be very knowledgeable in the options and honest. The install guys were great and did a great job on a very difficult roof pitch. Only downfall there has been a bit of a lag with getting the meter changed over to allow me to start utilising the system.

Great experience with our massive 3 phase system

We've had our nearly 20kw system up and running for a little over a month now and couldn't be happier. Sales process was great, not pushy, not attempting to foist the most expensive options to us from the start. Questions were handled promptly before we signed anything and afterward, we were kept informed of progress. Customer service was great, with phone numbers to call and email contacts who worked with us throughout the entire process.

Installers were pros and even though it was a big, messy system, they did a great job keeping our brand new home's roof tidy. One item to make sure of, prior to commencing the install - make sure the number of panels will fit. The installer couldn't fit every panel and had to cut our numbers down by a few panels. The price refunded wasn't what we expected but this was all explained to our satisfaction. To avoid any surprises, best to check this before any installers are onsite.

Grid connection was handled by the team and despite a few holdups with our energy provider, they were thorough and got the job done. Would happily recommend Venergy to others in a similar sun position to what we are (no shade, good roof space and direction).

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

Original Review on 20-10-2020:

Great price for top tier system

Selected Venergy due to their very competitive pricing. Everything happened on schedule, quick and efficient installation. Very happy with the system. Original ratings

7 months later we asked Dylan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System has performed perfectly to what I expected. Had absolutely no issues with it.

Great Support

Overall I was very happy with the process from start to finish. Karim was very good at explaining all the options & simplifying a complicated decision. Follow up service & replying to additional questions was also impressive. The installation team were also very professional & installed it all in one day. Michael was a great leader for the other workers. I'm happy to recommend Venergy Pakenham for any potential buyer.

Easy Solar Installation

The quoting process was really easy and I've found the Sales Representative excellent. The installation went very easily and they were punctual, tidy and good tradies. The only comment is that communication regarding installation time could be improved. Can't comment on anything else as I've had the electrical inspection but am still waiting for grid connection.

Original Review on 16-08-2020:

Excellent Value Quality System

Venergy's staff have all been professional, knowledgeable and friendly from the salesman to the installers and office staff. They were not pushy and answered all of our questions.
After getting many quotes from companies all over Australia Venergy gave us the best quote on the high quality system that we wanted. And they are local. Despite being rained out on the day of installation they were back within a few days to finish the job.
They will be monitoring our system remotely to ensure it is performing correctly.
Highly recommended.

8 months later we asked Ray: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed beautifully.
It's the very inequitable market arrangements that heavily favour the multi national power companies that make the whole investment barely beneficial for ordinary Australian householders.
Paying 43cents/kWh for electricity from the grid but only getting 8cents/kWh is scandalous. Now the companies want us to pay a fee to send our clean electricity to the grid.
They do have different plans that you can switch between but all are carefully crafted to make them far more money than you.

Quality goods and service

Sales quote was educational (disliked lots of the other pushy salesmen). Good communication, excellent installation and follow up service.

Original Review on 28-07-2020:

Absolutely fantastic

From the moment I first spoke to the sales person, I felt looked after. Venergy are obviously keen to get the job however also want to provide the best possible service, value and customer experience.
I felt supported every step of the way.
The interaction was mostly by phone and on-line, my questions/responses were always answered promptly. The quoting process was seamless and very well explained.
The installation was extraordinary. I was prepared for delays (due to weather, the condition of my house, unavailability of tradesmen etc) but it all went extremely smoothly. The installers turned up when they said they would, explained everything carefully and clearly including getting me out to review their plans a few times and cleaned up to the point you wouldn't know they had been.
The system has only just gone in and I am waiting for the inspection to be able to use it, however based on past experience this will not be long coming.

8 months later we asked Cathy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes the system has been amazing. I did get many more panels installed than I required however am very grateful, as I am aware that I cannot add to the system.
As I have more than I need I am also in credit after less than 12 months, which I am delighted about!

Outstanding salesperson, great installation, quality product & service.

Outstanding consultant (Jacob) who went above and beyond to ensure we understood all the options regardless of whether we purchased from Venergy.
Competitive pricing, great communication & always easy to contact. Called back when they said they would but didn't hassle us either.
Email flowchart outlining each step of the process after purchase was another helpful feature of their service.
Local tradespeople with ongoing after-sales support was another huge factor in helping us decide on Venergy.
Installation was quick despite weather issues; the team communicated well & ensured we knew what the next steps were.
We had some third party inverter issues but were able to manage these with help from the installers, who were easy to contact when we had questions or concerns.
All team members were polite, informed & happy to provide lots of additional resources about solar including handy websites for energy retailer comparisons, etc.
Overall we would highly recommend Venergy and in particular, our consultant Jacob.

Original Review on 03-06-2020:

Excellent

Courteous patient pressure free detailed process. Installation very punctual friendly polite super tidy taking time to explain everything. Currently organising the grid connection Original ratings

9 months later we asked Trevor: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Happy Customer

I was hesitant to commit to solar having experienced it about 20 years ago and got the recommended 1.5 Inverter with 8 panels. Obviously this did nothing to my electricity bills over the years.

Fast forward 20 years and I was ready again. Researched / googled and investigated multiple systems and installers and settled on Venergy.

Sales and Quoting was seamless.
Installation was sensational. Very polite and professional.

I have never been so excited to receive my AGL Electricity Bill. It came last week and we are $956 in Credit after 90 days use. So Happy.

Fantastic experience from sign up to installation, highly recommend

Sales/quoting process was quick, professional and very efficient.
Installers were very polite, friendly, punctual and tidy. My system looks great on my roof!
Customer service was second to none. Everything was done for me, inspector booked and all paperwork lodged to my retailer quickly.
Thank you Venergy, I will be recommending you to all my family and friends!

Amazing service and great quality solar!

We are pleased with the wonderful service provided and the smoothe process of it all. The installation team were efficient and thorough and provided excellent service. We are very happy with the quality and look of our solar and would highly recommend Venergy to anyone!

100% satisfied with service

Very happy with the whole process of buying our battery through Venergy. Super quick communication and friendly installers. And after care service. Also very happy with the price we paid compared to other quotes we got. Highly recommend

Excellent salesmanship and support from VENERGY Australia

Absolutely brilliant team and amazing workmanship. Very friendly staff and professional work which was very well done. Special thanks to Karim from VENERGY Australia who always answered all my questions and provided the references and material to support any justification.

Really happy with the solution and support provided. Highly recommended.

Thanks & Regards
Farhan

Best rates ever and the most accommodatimg people

The sales and quoting process went very well, and I am pleasantly surprised, the price is very fair and better than what is offered by other companies. The installation guys came in early and very accommodating with our questions and I could not ask for a better customer service.

Very happy customer

Very happy with Venergy couldn't help me enough polite, understanding prompt.

Awesome staff

Met Karim at venergy he is really professional and the installation team is really good explain each and everything to me.

Great company, easy to deal with

The sales process was thorough and seamless. There was no pressure from the salesperson. Arthur was able to determine the best system size to our lifestyle. I loved the fact that they proactively monitor their online systems! Venergy were offering a higher quality product which we were happy to pay the extra for as we had just moved into our brand new home. Venergy are also approved retailers which helped me feel comfortable doing business

Installation team of 3 arrived between the time frame Venergy had given us and completed the install without hassle. The installers were dressed neatly in uniform and the head installer Adam was well spoken. He explained at the start how the day would progress and gave me notice of when the power was going off so i could make my coffee. The panels look straight and even. Fantastic job by the team

In conclusion, From the moment we spoke to the salesman right through to the moment the installation was complete, Venergy kept us updated via email. Installers were great and system is working fantastically, often maxing out the inverter. 5 stars from us and have recommended Venergy to friends already

Fantastic Company

FYI installation has not commenced but so far my dealings with the company has been very positive and informative. The service representative was very knowledgeable about the product which put my mind at ease. Thank you for the excellent service. I would highly recommend this company.

Inflexible and poor customer service

Sales and quoting process went well, helpful person who listened and developed a good quote. That is where the process stalled. Limited contact for 9 weeks, promised an installation by Christmas, heard nothing. When Venergy finally inspected the job, nearly 9 weeks after providing a deposit, I received a phone call cancelling the job, no apology, no understanding of the impact on the customer. Two weeks after providing my details for a refund, still no refund. After the builder chased them I finally heard from Venergy. Again no apology, told me I am not a customer, so I don't deserve basic respectful customer communication. They completed some electrical work on my property, inflexible , poor problem solvers, did not do as instructed, poor electrical work, slow and inefficient.

I am now very glad Venergy cancelled the contract, as I would not want to deal with company that treats people in such a disrespectful manner.

Great job to all the venercy team.

Did a lot of home work on solar, I found that venency, a great company and professional team, installers great no broken tiles, caring team.they help you step by step. And they also keep an eye on your unit once under way making sure your getting all the benefits from your solar unit Installed top brand panels at a very good price. I would recommend Venercy with my experience. Thank you.

Fantastic and easy to installer

Five stars won, service and communication, starting from calling Matt to discuss options and prices to the instalation day with technician Steve and his team. My system still new to see long term results, but I couldn't stop myself from rating Venergy a golden five stars for their quality of service work and follow up after instalation.
The team at Venergy were great and very helpful with what I found to be a complex decision.
Matt discussed options with me and answered all my queries and very helpful.
Thanks Venergy.
I'll definitely refer you to other people in my network that are needing or upgrading their Solar Systems.

Customer service won us over

Our selection of solar company came down to service and follow up. The sales person we worked through was always available to help and gave solid and helpful advice. He was frank and honest and won his company the job by offering a level of service you don't see any more.

Our installation is yet to happen due to covid delays but the service continued after we had signed with help around the positioning of a skylight (again prompt and friendly).

A hassle free service from start to finish .

The sales and quotation process was very honest with no pressure .
From the moment of signing up, we were told to just sit back and relax we will take care of everything for you.
The installation was first class, the young guys were very pleasant and friendly and very tidy. I like the fact that they are not subcontractors, they are employed by the solar company, so they really take care of their customers from start to finish.
Customer Service, is a big thing with this company and nothing is too much trouble for them and they continue to say if you have any questions at all just give us a call.

Great company

Great system for a great price. Fantastic to deal with and Karim is a gem. Have recommended them to all my family and friends.

Original Review on 02-04-2020:

Very pleased with our solar system!

After feeling quite overwhelmed with all of the options and information, we're really pleased with the outcome. Paul took the time to provide clear information and a detailed quote and was responsive to questions. Installation was efficient, completed to a high standard and the Sunpower panels look great. Some changes to the panel layout were required on the day, and these were communicated clearly. System is working really well! Original ratings

8 months later we asked Clare: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Our system is performing exactly as we hoped. No problems so far. Panels are looking great and generating well!

Professional installation and workmanship, would recommend to anyone considering solar

Sales process was smooth and extremely helpful in determining what size system would best suit my needs based on our upcoming usage change due to a baby on the way and higher expected usage during the day in the near future. Venergy handled all the background work to organise the installation of my solar system without any issues.

The install date went ahead as planned and the installers arrived punctually and communicated effectively with me to discuss the best inverter mounting location as well as any physical panel mounting constraints due to my roof type at the time. The installation met and exceeded expectations and I am very happy with the result and presentation of the new system on my rooftop. The recommendation to go with the Sunpower black panels I am thrilled about given the location and street appeal they have due to the positioning of the panels on the front of our house.

Finally the customer service was amazing throughout the process, Arthur did a great job of making sure I was always aware and in the loop of what was being done in the background throughout the process and any questions which arose post installation, he promptly addressed and handled exceptionally well. I would recommend Venergy to anybody wanting to install solar as they have a great customer service team, are reliable and deliver an outstanding end system.

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

Original Review on 15-03-2020:

High quality streamlined company. Highly recommended.

We are very happy with our install and throughout the process Venergy took the time and made adjustments based on our solar energy goals (both short and long term - we wanted to be able to add more capacity as well as battery storage later). Every person we dealt with was efficient, knowledgeable and put in the extra effort to make sure we got what we wanted and understood our choices. The design was high quality and the quote competitive and everyone we dealt with was prompt, professional and extremely helpful. We appreciated that all work was in-house, as are service and repairs.

Our only suggestion would be to clarify some of the timelines and responsibilities. We were a little confused on when we could apply for the smart meter install and which documentation was needed. Venergy were very helpful and prompt when asked, but we sometimes felt we weren't 100% clear on the process so this is mostly a suggestion on where more details could be provided in the updates sent out by Venergy to help customers. As another example, we're waiting for our Fronius monitoring account and aren't exactly sure how this happens - although from past experience we know Venergy will get this working for us, it would be nice to have a clearer idea of when/how we should expect this to happen.

8 months later we asked Cheryl: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Definitely happy with our system. On sunny days it covers over 100% of our use, even with 3 power hungry pool pumps!

Excellent!

Very professional company. Great communication throughout the process. Customer service polite and helpful and installation was perfect (tidy, punctual and professional). I highly recommend Venergy.

Fantastic Company deal with

Right from the initial meet to the final installation, everybody I dealt with at VEnergy was very open and honest.
My single point of contact was Karim Virmani; he is the reason I decided to go with Venergy. He was always very thorough with his comms. Throughout the process he was just a call away; sometimes, I called him at odd hours and he promptly answered all my calls.
The installers were very professional, the install was done on-time as promised.

Overall a great company to deal with!