EcoSmart Energy Group

EcoSmart Energy Group Reviews

Eco Smart Energy Group is a locally owned and operated company leading the way with innovative home comfort and energy solutions for today’s customer.

Since 2009 we have strived to behave differently to our competitors by personalising the experience with our customers whilst providing tailored, high quality and innovative energy solutions. We are committed to help our customers achieve Energy Freedom by offering a complete package of solutions including Solar, Battery Storage & Heating and Cooling.

We are dedicated to leading the way with technology and are constantly engaged in researching and new products that provide a better sustainable and economic future for our customers.

Eco Smart is proud to announce the introduction and development of our very own testing facility that will be located at our office and first class showroom at 3/277-281 Sir Donald Bradman Dve, Cowandilla.

We recognise and value the benefits of being able to test multiple panel and inverter configurations under varying conditions to provide real time system performance that is free of misleading salesmanship. The products we sell will be tried and tested and on show for our clients to see the performance for themselves .

The completion of our showroom and testing facility is expected to be in May 2019.

If you’re looking for honest and professional advice and a true customer experience without the pushy sales tactics please give us a call or come in and visit us in person.

Reviewers report paying: $3,700 - $6,264 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

EcoSmart Energy Group Reviews (128)

Excellent flow of events with installer but stalled at the transfer/update with provider stage

Ecosmart Energy group provided a factual, practical service thru their rep Marty who provided a sound and competitive quote.
The workmen on site were prompt, courteous and efficient.
Admin (Melissa) was ok but sent us another customer's invoice before we received our own. We paid promptly on the day of completion but had to contact them two days later for the certification and info to send to our supplier. this was supplied at the end of the day on a Friday, making it impossible to lodge with the supplier before the following week.

Today, we contacted the supplier who said that their inaction on reconfiguring the meter was due to a lack of information on the type of inverter installed by Ecosmart. We have lodged a complaint with the supplier (Momentum) on their lack of communication on this issue (info lodged 3 weeks ago). Melissa sent through the relevant info for us to pass on to the supplier but blamed Marty for the missing detail. We found the passing of the blame irrelevant and unprofessional.

quality overall facets

Quoting was prompt ,listened to our needs and provided a few options to consider at our leisure. No pressure to sign up.

Installation was on the day they promised. They removed the old system installed the new and replaced a couple of cracked tiles that they noticed

Grid connection existed so there was no change

Original Review on 29-11-2020:

Friendly courteous and accommodating

When the consultant came to house he was friendly and courteous.
The Installers were tidy and punctual.
The customer service was helpful. He organised the grid and smart meter installation.

8 months later we asked Yolanda: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

My expectation is that I will not pay that much money for electricity bills. I received my first winter bill and it was reduced Hopefully it will continue.

Original Review on 21-11-2020:

Competent & efficient

sales/quoting process was on a par with all other companies that carried out a site visit
the installation was quick, on time as agreed
It was left to me(because of privacy issues) the customer to arrange for the existing smart meter (not digital!)to be replaced (still waiting) by the energy company

8 months later we asked Norm: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I don,t really know because I haven't downloaded the app. to check the performance of the system

Original Review on 07-10-2020:

All round excellence!

From the quote to the installation there were no issues & everything happened as promised! Very happy customer! Original ratings

8 months later we asked Kaye: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

yes very happy

Highly Recommend Ecosmart Energy Group

Marty visited our house in Goolwa and provided us with excellent advice and suggestions to suit our situation. We felt very comfortable choosing Ecosmart as our preferred choice of solar installer.
The installers were punctual, polite and efficient and we were connected to the grid on the day.
Since installation we have appreciated receiving a couple of follow up emails from Marty.
Excellent sales and service from Ecosmart! We have no hesitation in recommending them.

Excellent Installer, great customer service

From quote to installation the process was well managed. I found the sales staff helpful and happy to answer questions, and alter quotations as requested. The installation went smoothly, very professional, very happy with installation standard and tidiness.

Great job guys

Hi, I have had nothing but good experience with everyone involved from the very beginning when i got my quote until the system was on the roof! Everyone’s customer service has been excellent!!

EcoSmart take out all of the stress

Ecosmart were professional and quoted in next to no time. Job was completed on time and on budget by a fantastic young enthusiastic crew. Ecosmart continue to reach out well after install to make sure everything is going well. Overall fantastic south Australian energy company

Outstanding!

From first contact to the quote from Martin to the installation I could not be happier or more satisfied. I recommended the company and Martin to a friend who went ahead with their installation. Overall such a positive experience.

Everybody from start to finish acted in a very professional and informative manner

Very happy with everything that was done for us as well as the service after the event.

Highly recommend EcoSmart Energy Group

From initial quote to install the whole process was seamless.
Customer service, detailed expansions and thorough quoting were all great.

We ended up going for a 7.9kw system with a Tesla Powerwall 2.
(Jinko 440w panels, Growatt inverter)

Warren from EcoSmart was a pleasure to deal with, and was extremely helpful and prompt with communication.
From quote acceptance the whole system was installed and up a running within a week.

Extremely happy with the installation & installers. A great deal of effort was given to keep everything looking seamless and wall mounted.

Would certainly recommend to friends & family who are after a PV system.

Went extra mile to check the incoming power and quoted a suitable system

Very responsive and professional. Timely response and installation as per the schedule. Provided professional advice and came onsite as required.

Go solar

All good. Really quick and efficient. Panels were on just a week after accepting the quote, and installers were delightful.

Original Review on 15-07-2020:

Smooth installation.

The initial visit for quotation purposes provided quite a bit of useful background with an actual example and the quote came in with a variety of options to select from. The information, pricing and T&C's were clear and informative, and questions we quickly and concisely followed up.

The whole process from there was pretty simple, installation was done over a couple of days and the guys arrived when they said and kept me in the loop about what was happening. Any mess was cleaned up, they didn't damage anything in the process and otherwise put everything back as it was. Being a new house the grid connection was easy and the user manual and other information I received after the final invoice was comprehensive as well. Very happy with the whole process!

8 months later we asked Matt: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has exceeded our expectations, in the 9 months we've had the system it's paid back 20% of it's value and eliminated our power bills!

Fantastic, very professional

After contacting Solar Quotes, we went with Eco Smart, Warren, Marty and the team were very professional and gave us a couple of options, I would highly recommend them

Original Review on 17-06-2020:

Very straightforward company to deal with

Because we have had solar before, on our previous home, we knew exactly what we wanted by way of size, orientation, etc.so did not require lots of alternatives from bidders. EcoSmart was the only company which physically inspected the site situation rather than relying on Nearmaps, and they quoted promptly as per our request. Their price was competitive for very similar gear. Then they turned up on the day nominated to do the install. All done in a few hours, very neatly, and they cleared away all their rubbish. They also helped with the applications to our retailer for grid connection.

One of the three installers nominated by SolarQuotes never contacted me, but I also obtained two other quotes not thru Solar Quotes.

To date, very happy we went with EcoSmart.

8 months later we asked Philip: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Nine months later, performing as expected, and hassle-free. Have had a couple of queries to installer Eco-Smart over that time about better understanding the data, which they happily answered to our satisfaction. Also, on request, they sent me some photos they had taken of the installation.

I get weekly production reports from Fronius in Excel format which I can compare to our power bills and it gives very comprehensive information on how the system is performing and how much money we are saving. I estimate the system will pay for itself in just under three years.

On an after-note, we had a very similar size system on our previous property for about three years, but with an SMA inverter. With that system we had a fair bit of trouble with the inverter and at one stage it had to be replaced under warranty. The installer for that job was an absolute pain-in-the-arse. A pleasure to deal with Eco-Smart this time around.

Best service

The sales quoting process was made so seamless by Finn Peacock. After I received quotes I then went back to Finn peacock for help with evaluation.
Ecosmart was my chosen supplier. Very nice sales person who explained everything without being patronising. The men that turned up to install where exceptionally polite, respectful and very efficient. Overall it was a very easy and painless process.

All round best deal

Response from all 3 companies was quick and efficient. 2 companies quoted by phone and using google earth. (or similar) I really appreciated Ecosmart’s personal service and visit to my home. This made a major difference to me. Marty explained things in an easy to understand way. His service pre and post sale have been exceptional. The products offered by all 3 companies were the same or very similar. Ecosmart had the best price. Price and exceptional personal service made Ecosmart an easy choice for me.

Great Installation!

The initial explanation with Ecosmart Energy Group, about changing to solar was highly informative and the choices of system clearly explained. The range of options allowed for cost optimization and return on investment. The installation was able to be carried out almost immediately after the quote provided was accepted and carried out in a professional manner. Once installed, the installing electrician provided a detailed explanation of the system and the next steps required to have the meter changed. This included an explanation and demonstration of the mobile telephone App. which monitors the effectiveness of the system. After a failed and frustrated attempt to contact my energy provider to have the meter changed, Ecosmart advised that this was also part of the service provided. Would not hesitate in recommending Ecosmart Energy Group to anyone seeking the optimize their energy usage.

Fantastic service

Great customer service. Adam and his team are very professional and friendly.
The installation was done on time and to a high standard.

eco were easily able to assist with design and were very flexible and prompt on the installation

As above- we are very impressed with Eco solar. I would recommend to others in the market for a quality, future proof system

Looks great and works well

Smooth and easy process from all involved at Eco, happy to answer questions during the selection phase. Installation was done promptly and with no surprises, looks tidy and neat. Eco organised meter changeover which also was smooth and painless. Early days yet but seems to be performing well.

Friendly and Professional

All contact was made via email, which I prefer. The salesman and office contacts were helpful and friendly. The installation appeared to be smooth and without issue. The installation team were very pleasant and polite. Subsequent communications were again very helpful and friendly. On the whole, a pleasant and worry free experience.

My son and daughter-in-law are currently building a new home and will receive a referral deduction from their final invoice. I'm confident that their installation will also be worry free.

Fantastic. Great installation and service!

EcoSmart Energy Group took the time to analyse my requirements and budget and optimised the perfect solar solution for my house. Their customer service has been fantastic all the way through the entire process. They understood my customer needs for aesthetics during the install and the installers were punctual, polite and tidy. Even after the installation they were happy to help me setup up my online solar monitoring account. I am extremely pleased with the results and I highly recommend EcoSmart Energy Group.

Good prompt service

Very happy with the whole process. The sales people were helpful and arranged everything quickly and painlessly.

Efficient service, friendly installers

Very efficient. Got the system installed with 2weeks. Works fine so far.

WOW….what an amazing business!

What an horrendous experience it was until Eco Smart came along!

I wanted the best and most suitable, affordable system…..and at the best price with the ability to add a battery at a later date. Simple I thought??

After doing my research requesting quotes and getting bombarded with social feeds, phone calls and emails, I decided to get 5 quotes and opinions as to what I needed. I ended up with 10 quotes all contradicting each other. Can I say, after all the sales pitches, dodgy sales tactics along with mis information, we decided not to go ahead at all. I was fed up and told the wife it's not happening!

I had a call from Adam Caroll the owner of Eco Smart who apologised for not quoting on time (as he was away from office) and asked if I'd made a commitment. I told him my story and that we put it on hold. He was very professional, calming, informative and made an appointment to clarify what I needed and restored my faith in Solar! Adam talks a big game and delivers a big game!

Adam assured me what I could and couldn’t do and he was on budget and provided detailed reports and information I hadn’t seen from any other company, which helped me make the decision. His service was nothing short of outstanding….from the initial call, to notifications of steps and how to proceed through the process.

He told me he had the best installation team and was true to his word. The most respectful, courteous young men were here on time and were 100% conscientious about doing it right and treating the install like it was their own home. Offering better ways of installing to make in neater, taking time to run cables through cavity walls and keeping me informed every step of the way. They cleaned up and didn’t leave a spec of dust, a cable or off cut anywhere.

All I can say is WOW….what an amazing business! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME with all the Jargan (like I did), CALL ECO SMART and save time, money and have peace of mind knowing you’ve partnered with the very best. An Adelaide based family business who cares about their clients and their reputation.

After such a bad experience from other companies in the industry, this was truely the best experience and one that we all want as a consumer and that's for you to exceed our expectations…..and you did!

I now tell all my network not to bother with getting multiple quotes going through what I went through, I just tell them to call you and that you will take care of it.

Thank you to all the team, much respect and we’re so looking forward to enjoying the many benefits from our new system.

Happy with what we have

All good, polite and professional .. Great quote and liaisons with the office, but the installer decided to take the easy way out and route as per the existing system. Would have preferred to have the inverter in a sheltered place, but still happy with what we have and end of the day I agreed to it

Excellent customer service and a great balance of quality/value for money

Sales and quoting was extremely easy and knowledgeable staff made the decision process a breeze. Really appreciated the support and honest dialogue.
Installation was fantastic, all completed on time, cleaned and great installation team to deal with.
Customer Service was fantastic, all progressed extremely quickly after placing the order. Every step was explained and all the paperwork was delivered to a high standard.
Overall a hastle free transaction and would highly recommend the team from EcoSmart

Exceptional Service

A seamless process from start to finish. Very simply and practically explained, quote to deposit to installation and completion was very quick (and a very clean and tidy process on installation day). No question was too difficult to answer and responsiveness to queries was first class. Post installation service relating to items such as grid connection/ advice for dealing with retailer etc. was extremely valuable.

Very professional and business like from all members of staff sales installers and office

Would have no problem in recommending to others, in fact they have had 2 other clients based on my experience.

Fantastic experience

This was an addition to our exiting solar system. The company was absolutely fantastic. Before the quote was accepted I went back and forth over some questions I had and all were answered very promptly and they were extremely patient with me. The workmen were running a little late on installation day but I received a call apologizing and telling me when they would arrive. They were completely professional, polite and tidied up before they left. Everything we wanted to know was explained and the system was thoroughly tested before they left. They took photos for me and the system looks very neat on the roof. It is working well and we are very happy with it.

Our original system was a 12 panel 3.6 kwh system with a 4 kwh inverter and a Tesla 7kwh battery. The extension to our system takes it to a 6.6kwh with 10 additional new panels and a 5kwh inverter to enable battery backup in case of a power outage.

Happy customer

Marty made the sales/quoting process easy and was able to answer my many and varied questions. I was impressed that they were able to do the installation within a week. The price seemed fair for a good quality system.
I have had a couple of minor teething problems which Marty has been quick to remedy.
Would happily recommend Ecosmart Solar.

Fantastic installer and awesome installation

EcoSmart were courteous, professional, patient and incredibly helpful during our quote process, especially as we changed our minds about the brands and configuration of the system several times! When we decided to proceed, they were quick to slot us in for the installation. When there was a supply issue, they dealt with it promptly and our installation when ahead smoothly. The installers were polite and friendly and tidied up after themselves. We're happy that we decided on a SolarEdge system (inverter, panels, optimisers & energy meter), because even with some shade and orientation issues, we are producing as much (if not more) than my in-laws unshaded north-facing system of the same size! Thank you Adam, Marty & the EcoSmart team. I would (and will) highly recommend to you to others.

Friendly, honest and professional

My dealings with Eco Smart have been very refreshing. I was very appreciative of the genuine honest advice without any sales tactics or pressure. The team onsite were efficient and cleaned up all of their rubbish. I will happily refer Eco Smart to my family and friends.

Polite, helpful, punctual, efficient.

We were referred to Eco Smart by our neighbours, who had a great experience with them. From start to finish, our contact with Eco Smart was professional and helpful. The installers were punctual, tidy and friendly. We are very happy with the system installed - great value for money. My elderly parents are now the proud owners of a fabulous system.

Thanks for the five star service!

Great service throughout the process

Adam and the team were great. Helpful right from the initial quote, answering all the questions I had, plus provided honest options to suit my needs.
The installers were also great, clear instructions what would happen during the day, and installed quicker than I expected.
The system is great, having solarweb to monitor is also helpful.
Adam has always responded quickly, and this has continued after the installation.

Prompt, informative, courteous, respectful

EcoSmart Solar answered all my questions promptly and were very informative. The lads who did our install were courteous and respectful. Highly recommended

Complete satisfaction from start to finish.

Adam was very helpful and knowledgeable throughout the quoting period; assisting with any technical questions we had, taking the time to come out and speak to me personally and was able to source the agreed panels when they ran into unexpected supply difficulties (due to Corona Virus) without disrupting agreed install time frames.

Install team were super professional; performed the task in a timely manner and done a complete and thorough clean up (which is a rarity with most tradies I’ve dealt with lately). Matt went through the ‘start up procedure’ with me and was also able to answer any questions I had at the time.

Melissa promptly sent through all warranty documentation etc. at receipt of payment and follow up has also been very good with Adam personally interjecting to assist in grid connection when i was being persistently stuffed around by my energy provider.

Would not hesitate to recommend Adam and the team at Ecosmart to friends and family.

Good quality system at a good price

EcoSmart provided good quality equipment at a competitive price compared to the other 2 quotes we received (who offered exactly the same equipment but at a slightly higher price). There sales representative provided good advice, answered all queries quickly and delivered in line with his promises. The install was very professional. So far, the equipment works perfectly.

Well done 10/10.

The whole procedure of buying and installing the solar panels including the inverter was a breeze. Everything was explained to me patiently and in a very friendly manner und all my questions where answered politely. The installation was done in no Time at all and the young men worked well and happily together. It was a joy to watch and listen zu them — and yes they were polite, even changed a broken roof tile for me, they were very tidy and cleaned up after themselves.
Customer service was 10/10 and I can only recommend this company — and I will.

Would Recommend

Quote, sales and installation very efficient and professional. Excellent follow up customer service. Have made the process quite seamless. I will be recommending this company to others.

Fantastic install!!

Fantastic product and Service! Adam was great to deal with throughout and installation happened on time and as promised. Very Happy!

Great system, excellent communication and prompt service

Sales and quoting was informative and helpful with different options to choose from. Installation was seamless, punctual and clean and tidy upon completion. Communication to retailer was done for grid connection, however still waiting for this.

excelent installer, prompt and quick response from Ecosmart. Excelent service so far.

Sales/quoting process was very good. Prompt response after first contact. No hard sale. Answered all questions. Quote was detailed. Choice of 3 solar systems. Budget, economy
and classic.
Installation:Punctual,friendly,polite and tidy. Installed wifi monitor system on my PC. Very competent installer.
Ecosmart organized grid connection. I had some problems with Origin about street number confusion. Ecosmart acted quickly and fixed the problem. Good communication.

Great installers

The quoting process was easy, travelled from Adelaide no hesitation in coming down to give us a quote installers were great very tidy and punctual as great customer service from Adam and staff.

Excellent service

All good. Initial contact and advice and final follow up very personable and informative. Installers likewise were very professional and they cleaned up after themselves. All done in a day, very impressive.

A really great experience

I have just finished having my solar system installed by ecosmart. The whole process from start to finish has been prompt and completed in the most professional manner. Marty gave 4 options with his quote and provided enough information for me to made a judgement on which suited my needs and budget best. At no time did he pressure me to proceed. Once decided on a system the rest was taken care of. Installed in just over a week and now up and running 2 weeks after final selection. The electrician Matt did a fantastic job in a difficult fitter the power board but came back on a second day to ensure that he didn't rush as he wanted to do quality work. Would recommend ecosolar to anyone thinking of getting into the solar market.

No hesitation in recommending EcoSmart Energy Solar

Quoting process was smooth and professional. Didn't try to oversell. Provided 3 panel options all with a Fronius inverter. Installer was on time and did a great job ensuring that I maximised output from the panel placement on the west and north roof space. Only delay was getting my smart meter installed which took 3 weeks from installation instead of the 2-3 days as stated by EcoSmart.