GI Energy

GI Energy is a SolarQuotes Installation Audit Participant

Latest audit: 27/09/2021

See full audit history

Design Steps
  • Cable selection based on voltage rise and drop
  • Production Estimates of the system
  • Isolator selection calculations
  • Calculated the correct voltages and current for labelling
  • String configuration voltages
Installation Steps
  • Job Safety Analysis
  • Panel Mounting
  • Inverter Mounting
  • AC/DC Cable Runs
  • Rooftop Isolator

Photos from the audit

GI Energy supply and install high quality solar equipment for customers who want solar that is built to last.

We treat our customers like family and our whole team is dedicated to being at your disposal whenever you need us, for the life of your solar system. We have been looking after people this way and helping Ozzys save money with high quality solar systems since 2011.
  • Platinum Supplier with SolarQuotes
  • LG Official Solar Partner
  • Gold Installer with Enphase
  • Diamond Dealer with Sumec Phono
  • Platinum Partner with sonnen
  • Tesla Powerwall Certified
  • One of the first ever CEC Approved Solar Retailers in Australia
  • Helping customers save money since 2011

The team that is here to help you is made up of electrical engineers, Clean Energy Council (CEC) Accredited Designers, CEC installers, experienced project managers and consultants who specialise in solar PV and energy reduction strategies. Our management team has over 37-years of combined solar experience.

Our mission is to build long-term relationships with our customers by providing market leading energy reduction strategies through innovation and advanced technology.

Reviewers report paying: $4,200 - $11,987 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

GI Energy Reviews (153)

Great Instillation

Just had a 6.63kw micro inverter system installed. So far, great, very pleased with the output from the panels. Averaging well over 20kwh per day production. The whole process was made easy by GI Energy and Instillation was excellent, not the easiest install as we have cathedral ceilings but they look fabulous and they were very professional. I would definitely recommend. I can monitor the system daily on an app and see exactly what the panels are producing, what I am exporting/Importing from the grid.

Smooth, Efficient, Competitive

Quoting process was easy. Joel was helpful, informative, professional, efficient and provided us with everything we needed to get the job done quickly.

Great service - very helpful

The people at GI were very helpful, patient and willing to work with us to get a great outcome for our unusual situation.

The team was very friendly and professional. The workmanship is extremely neat. Very happy with Sam and his team.

Original Review on 27-04-2021:

Excellent experience

Sales process was excellent. Came to our property and explained everything in detailing, highlighting much of what you say on your website. 13kw system installed on the day - no issues whatsoever. Just waiting to hook with my energy supplier to start getting the benefits of it. Very good experience overall. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Jim: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Really pleased with GI Energy Brisbane and the quality of the work they did on the day. My only slight issue is not with them but with my electricity provider who changed me (without consultation) to monthly bills and those bills seem to be creeping up. Yes it is summer but I need to look at the details - trust no one!. Other than that I know I have a fantastic system, professionally installed and doing what I expected it to do.

Excellent experience

Easy process from quote to installation. We had a few hiccups from our end but they were very helpful and understanding. Very respectful staff. Instal was quick and they cleaned up after themselves. Highly recommend

5 Stars to GI Energy

5 stars for GI Energy. From point of contact to installation. Very professional, prompt and efficient service

Efficient and Friendly Service

Every aspect of the process went smoothly. I felt confident that I was well informed. It started with the sales person who gave realistic information and time frames. The installation was done efficiently with friendly guys who took the time to answer any questions. The follow up after that was prompt. We would recommend GI Energy because the service was completed in a seamlessly efficient way.

Just good service

Outside of generally being helpful, actually followed up to ensure we were happy with the quotes sent. No the cheapest system quoted, but overall represented the better quality

Original Review on 25-04-2021:

Quality, great value and super efficient install

GI Energy were excellent from start to finish. Stayed in contact and were professional and super-efficient. The local installer Ryzelect was excellent and it was a very neat install. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Greg: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes the system has performed as expected.

GI Energy delivered a good Customer Experience.

Everybody in the process from sales/quote to installation and after service were helpful, engaged and responsive. I felt like i was under expert hands and whatever misgivings about the decision became a non factor.

I thank Peter Boyle for his firm handling when i vacillated as he reminded me of what i told him what i wanted in my solar system :) and good job.

Very happy

No pressure from Peter, the salesperson. Plenty of options on panels and inverters.
The 2 installers were polite and fast.
Customer service was very good.
Would highly recommend GI Energy.

Oh what a solar!

The experience with GI Energy has been outstanding. The sales person was accurate, explained everything clearly without any hidden surprises. We had a pre inspection to finalise the plan and layout. After that the installation went pretty smoothly considering the rainy days around the actual installation day. The team worked hard not to let us down or to make us wait long to finalise the system. Highly recommended!

Very good pre and post sales support

Pre- and post-sales support has been excellent. The sub-contractor installer was a well known local company and they did the correct thing using a grinder to cut the roof tiles for the electrical cable. Another electrician told me to check for a grinder otherwise the roof tiles would be askew. The whole purchase and system process has been very professionally handle. Installer was punctual.

Excellent Solar Company

GI Energy helped us out heaps. All the other companies we spoke to just wanted to get as many panels on our roof as quickly as possible but GI spent ages with us and were patient until we were ready to install. The install was great and our bills have now gone from around $400 a month to only $24 a month, Couldn't be happier.

We were installed about 3 months ago and the original salesperson just got back in touch last week to review our bills, talk us through the solar Wi-Fi monitoring again and make sure everything was working as it should.

We were actually quite taken back by how well looked after we were throughout the whole process. We were kept in the loop with everything that happened with getting approvals, install dates etc and everyone we spoke to at their office was really friendly and helpful.

I have already recommended them to a few mates and I will continue to do so.

Quick, easy and friendly

Overall a very simple process with fast installation. Peter and Vanessa were very helpful throughout the process.

Original Review on 07-03-2021:

Good customer service

Sales process was good but they didn't consider shade factors thoroughly.
I had to bring it to their attention.
Installation was very good....tidy but they siliconed a broken tile instead of replacing it
Grid connection currently being organised

8 months later we asked Damien : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it has

Early signs are positive

We've only had the system for a few days so it's too early to give it a thorough review. We were fortunate to get up and running immediately on installation, because solar had been previously supplied to our address before the roof was replaced. The installers worked quickly and communicated well. They found one panel damaged when they unboxed it, but they wired the system to work without it and are coming today (only four days after install) to add in a replacement panel. GI Solar have been fantastic to deal with - very responsive and patient with all questions.

Awesome experience- well-priced, knowledgeable sales person and great service. Unbiased solar company.

Fantastic experience. Had Peter Boyle attend my property for a quote and found him to be very knowledgeable, passionate, unbiased and trustworthy. He spent a long time explaining the differences between various products and recommended products based on my requirements / preferences. There was no affiliation to any particular brand which was a refreshing change compared to other solar companies I received quotes from. GI energy have been around for a long time and involved in some large solar projects and their high reviews are a testament to the company and their employees. Would definitely recommend and use again :)

Expert and patience advice, quality products, friendly service

Tom was patient with all my questions, and he clearly knew his stuff. He was happy to explore different options that would suit our needs. He followed up on our progress but was friendly and understanding of the time we needed to decide. Vanessa was always friendly and thorough. Their processes and systems were professional, with detailed quotes. The installation team worked hard through some hard weather to make it happen.

GI Energy clearly focus on quality products and long term service rather than cutting corners to lower a quote. I was happy to pay a bit extra for this, because it's worth it and I didn't want to cut corners with such a big and long term investment.

Great service, Top unit.

Great job done by all at GI Energy, cannot recommend them enough from Tom explaining everything so easily to understand to the electrician Byron and guys so professional, friendly and made sure l understood everything about our inverter and panels. Customer service has been A1. It took us awhile to find a company that not only was great quality but a good competitive price that we could trust. Thankyou again to all the above for the best service. Peter and Melissa Ducat - Greenbank QLD

Great service and competitive price!

The quote was competitive, the installation was smooth even from another state and the customer service has been excellent and easy the whole process.

Thoroughly recommend GI Energy

GI Energy did an outstanding job. first they answered all my questions and I did a lot of research before hand so had a lot of questions to ask. Peter was prompt, patient and thorough in his responses. the installation happened on the day as promised without a hitch and was professionally done, thoroughly recommend them to anybody.

Vanessa also kept me up to date with progress, documentation and they let me know what the next step was and what to expect. Finally Peter contacted me afterwards to see if everything was ok and whether there were any issues

Sales person was very informative, friendly and not pushy. Installers were amazing -very respectful and explained every step of the process

Sales person was very informative, friendly and not pushy. Installers were amazing -very friendly, respectful and explained every step of the process.

Excellent customer experience

The whole experience of dealing with GI Eneregy was very professional and filled me with confidence. Would highly recommend them

Happy happy happy

Mike and team were here at 7am until around 1pm.He showed me how the panels were going on and the fronius.He gave me a run down on how it all works and asked that I call if I have any problems and.advised that I call my energy company{Alinta}.Also coming back to check things out this week.

Informative and easy.

The quote process was quite good as the initial phone conversations went into some detail about constraints for the installations.

The quote was competitive and the products quoted have good warranties.

The Grid approval process was easy and handled by the GI Energy team.

The installer was easy to deal with and came out for a site visit.

Since the install there were high rates of Grid Overvoltage but these were quickly looked into by GI Energy and their local installer. And so far seem to have been resolved.

A smooth and effective solar installation

The assessment and installation of the Solar system were handled professionally no matter which team member was involved throughout the process. We wish them equal success with future customers.

Couldn't have hoped for much better!

Everything went extremely well without a single hitch. The Joel (the GI sales rep) contacted me almost immediately upon the referral and provided me a quote onn the same day. More importantly, he answered all of my questions and provided with a great deal of information which supplemented my own research. Ryan from Ryzelect and his crew did the installation. They were polite, professional, and extremely efficient. I was most relived that they adhered to safety protocols considering the very steep pitch of our roof and its exposures to strong winds. The panels look even better than I expected! Vanessa from customer service was excellent, always keeping me apprised of every step. Great job. Thanks to the whole team! ...and to Solar Quotes for not only the referrals but for providing me a useful and comprehensive source for all of the information.

Great service from sale to installation!

Everything was seamless and professional. Tom in sales was fantastic and explained everything (multiple times so I understood) and knew the correct placement of our system & size required so we got the best return. He was very knowledgeable on the different brands and worked with us to stick to our budget. Come installation day - the installers were fantastic. I’ve never had such a clean, simple job happen at our house. Wouldn’t have even known they’d been working all day! Such a great experience all round! I highly recommend GI solar, a really great experience and I’m a very happy customer.

The most amazing team!

Thank you Joel for helping me with every detail. You made this a very easy experience and you gave me great advice and feedback. Thank you to the whole team for all your support throughout the process. My power bill has been substantially reduced.

Quick Installation

Excellent communication from the owner (Matthew) .Always free to answer any questions. - many times.
Installation was done in a timely manner. No time wasting.
Happy to recommend GI Energy. Have even taken the time to do follow calls to make sure we are happy with the work & working of the inverter /panels.

All round excellent

Very happy with all parts to this experience. Started with great customer service from Richard and continued right through to Ryan and his team of installers. Everything was super easy and all options presented openly with honest advice. It felt warm and genuine from the outset.

Too early to understand the impact on our bills, but the system has been cracking along a a great rate and it's still winter!

Would highly recommend a discussion with GI to see if they suit your needs.

Very happy with the service, installation & system performance.

Matt from GI Energy came out, looked over the property & surrounds & took the time to explain the system details & installation process. The quote arrived the same day & included comprehensive estimates of system performance, payback, etc... After looking at the proposed layout & location of the panels, I made a suggestion to split them to maximize the performance based on the orientation of the house & Matt agreed this would give us a slight advantage & they would do it at no additional cost - even though it would involve a little more time & materials to compete the job.

Wait time for the install was only about a week or so & the installers arrived early on the day & were done by early afternoon. The installation is very tidy & if I had to fault it, I'd say it would have been better to mount the ENE facing panels higher on the roof as the house next door does shadow them first thing in the morning. It probably only delays the sun hitting them by 15-30 minutes though, so not a big deal.

After the install GI notified my supplier (Origin) & I received an email from then within a few days that they would be coming out to change the meter, which end up taking about 3 weeks.

Overall I'm very happy with the installation & the system is performing above the estimates Matt provided at the start of the process. We are feeding back way more than we're buying, so earning $1.50 - $2.00 credit per day on average.

Great service and communication

I definitely recommend their services and will be contracting them again in the future.

Easy!

From start to finish the whole process was easy. A knowledgeable sales person came to the house provided all the information we needed and within a day we had a quote. The company did not pester us after this until we contacted them again to say that we were happy to go ahead. From there the electrician was friendly and helpful and then the day of installation was great. The guys worked quickly and efficiently. It was a pleasure to hear them happy at work. Highly recommend GI Energy!

Executive Solar Professionals

GI Energy; from humble beginnings to a fully functioning business that has grown in popularity throughout QLD and it’s no surprise customers find full satisfaction in service, product and end result. The team at GI Energy provide exceptional professionalism, full transparency from product to installation.

Together, Dan, Luke and Matt are profound thinkers distinguished for wisdom and sound judgment, providing
broad and deep competence in terms of knowledge, skill and experience when it comes to everything solar concentrated.

They are widely recognized as a reliable source of technique and skill whose faculty for judging or deciding rightly, justly, or wisely is in accordance with honesty and integrity.

I Couldn’t feel happier about my decision to go solar with GI Energy.
With intention to build a decent size property portfolio. There’s absolutely every reason to return.

Thanks a million guys. You’re well above the best and it’s easy to see why!

Tina.

A Fantastic Experience

From the outset GI Energy has been very professional, guiding us through the cost of installation and explanation of the products they used.
The installation was a breeze, the installers were punctual, polite and explained the whole process including the setting up of the app and guiding us through the it.
I would recommend GI Energy to anyone.

Both companies were great.

It was a difficult decision between two really good companies. They both offered expert installation and advice. I suppose using your website we felt that there was little chance of being ripped off. I have really enjoyed your website and info.

All to easy

Very professional from start to finish, really should have done this years ago

Awesome installer

Very thorough, yet simple consultation to ensure we got a system matched to our requirements.

The installers were very professional and friendly with great communication regarding the installation and operation of the system. They did a very neat job with both the panel installation on the roof and inverters in the garage, leaving our property spotless when finished.

I got notification from my electricity retailer 2 days after the installation confirming the order to connect to the grid had been received. I didn't need to do a thing as customer service organised this on our behalf.

So far, the system is performing better than estimated.

GI Get It Done

I was in favour of going with GI from the start because their team seemed to have the best understanding and advice aligning with what I wanted. Their price point was significantly higher than one of their competitors though. They made a significant adjustment to go close to matching the competitor and this was enough for me to accept. The system is now on the roof and it is pumping, although the weather hasn't been too kind. Can't wait to see what it can do in Summer

Great service from start to finish

Getting solar installed was very straightforward with the team at GI Energy. After getting 6 quotes I found GI Energy the easiest to deal with, the most informative and one of the few that didn't try to push me to a certain setup. They were patient while I requested lots of information and were always there to guide. No pushing me to make immediate decisions. After the order was placed their operations team guided me through the next steps and the installation team was fantastic. Very happy with the system and would highly recommend GI Energy to anyone looking to get solar.

Hassle free installation

Quick response from enquiry to installation. Professional at all times. They did everything for me. I just needed to sign the paperwork and pay the money. Very happy.

Original Review on 21-10-2020:

A Great Experience

Salesman believed in his product and checked immediately when he was unsure of any answer to my questions.

Installation commenced on time and roof top work was completed on the day. The team of two seemed to work well together. Unfortunately the follow up work in the switch box was delayed for six days. But when it was completed it was thoroughly done.

GI Energy office staff were polite thorough and efficient. They handled the paperwork and explained what I needed to do.

I am now waiting for the energy authority to update the meter.

8 months later we asked Kevin: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has exceeded my expectations.

System size is 5.95 kW with no battery. 12 panels face North and 5 panels face East - mostly to cope with the roof shape. There is some shading from trees in the early morning and late afternoon. Fortunately the slope of the roof is about equal to the latitude.

The hot water system is controlled by a timer switch and is usually set to run between 10am and noon. This is because I have observed that clouds are more common in the afternoon. Although on a cloudy morning, if I notice, I will switch the hot water power supply off - it will stay hot for 2 or 3 days. Previously the hot water was heated at night on an off-peak tariff but this was coal-fired power. Changing to heat water from solar power has reduced the CO2 produced.

The peak power output has been - January 4.8kW, March 4.7kW, June 4.1kW
The average daily solar energy production has been - January 23.2 kWhr, March 19.5 kWhr, June 21.2 kWhr.

The system is producing more power in June than expected although in January it was producing slightly less power than expected, possibly due to above average rainfall then.

In speaking to my energy provider I was offered a better deal than was advertised on their own web site or the government comparison web site. The quantum is metered consumption 24c/kWhr and solar feed in credit 14c/kWhr.

My last bill of 87 days from March to June showed -
1) Average daily solar feed in of 15.8 kWhr
2) Average daily metered consumption 3.93 kWhr
3) Average daily quantum (inclusive of all charges less all credits) - $1.03 Credit

In summary - I'm earning about a dollar a day when I expected to pay about a dollar a day.

Start to finish Instaillation

I have spoken to quite a few solar companies over the years and after fact checking, none of them really gave me 100% accurate advice which turned me off the idea of getting solar. When I spoke to GI Energy they were really open and honest with the advice and everything checked out when I did my due diligence. I have a bit of shade on my roof from trees so they did a full report showing where the shade went over the day (which no one else did) and gave me options for using different types of inverters to help with the shading. They gave me seperate savings figures for different types of systems and were really patient allowing me to make an informed decision. The installation team was great - really polite and helpful. Even with my shading, in the middle of winter, my bill has gone down from $6.50 a day to $2.85 a day, even though I have added a pool and a pool heater (which uses heaps of energy apparently). We installed a 6.6kW system with a Fronius inverter. After the installation the consultant showed me how to use my solar monitoring so I can see how it is working. Out of all the companies I spoke to, these guys are streets ahead and I would highly recommend them to friends and family. Thanks GI!

Exceptional experience from the start through to the install!

I was in the early stages of finalizing our build in Logan Reserve. A lot of solar companies had no interest in speaking with me as we weren't ''ready to install'' and didn't have a set completion date. However, when I approached GI, Luke welcomed me with open arms. With Luke's advice we opted for our house to be built with 3-phase power after he explained the benefits for not only being able to power a bigger system (13kw), but also for the efficiency throughout the house. Offering advice on different systems to suit our budget and taking a genuine interest he was nothing but exceptional. Luke was in touch throughout the build process, having built himself he was able to offer great advice outside of the solar realm as well. Once we were ready to go, the system was up on our roof in no time. From Vanessa right through to the chief installer Byron, I was fulfilled with confidence that choosing GI Energy was the right decision. One month on the aftercare we have had has been amazing. The system has performed exactly how Luke explained it would and we have just received our first electricity bill resulting in it being in credit. Thanks Luke and the team for such a great experience, I can't recommend these guys enough.

GI energy saved me from the solar traps all the other guys set me up for

Hassle free instal by a really professional crew great follow up service and the right advice from the get go.

I don’t normally write reviews but for these guys I’ll make an exception it’s the least I can do as they saved me from making the wrong choice that was being pedalled by other suppliers.

If your going solar and don’t at least talk to these guys you will be doing yourself a quality and financial injustice.

Great until installation delays.

Salesman was great and answered every question we had and many more that we hadn't thought of. The 1st installation team were also great to deal with. We were surprised to find that they actually worked for compnay that supplied our 2nd ranked quote that we received - the company we went with sub contracts the installation to them.

The problem arose when it rained and understandably the guys could not continue to work on the roof (no ones fault there). So they stacked the panels against the house and said they would be back as soon as possible (the possibility of the next day (Friday) or the following week was mentioned) and the office would be in contact to confirm. When we did hear from the office the following afternoon, the earliest data offered was 3.5 weeks later and thus our installation is still not complete almost 2 months after accepted our quote.

Thank you for taking the time to review our company.

We apologise that the install has taken longer than planned, I can understand the frustration of waiting, this is never our intention. We do pre warn our customers on booking that sometimes unforeseen circumstances can cause installs to take longer than expected, we also advise that we may not be able to return the next consecutive day. The problem here is you were told one thing by the installer on the day and that differed from the reality, the installers would know that installs are booked up for the next 8-10 weeks, especially as weather has caused delays for other customers also. We can see why this caused frustration and for that again we are sorry.

The delay with your install should not detract from the fact you have a great system and it's backed by our service. Once you are up and running we will make sure the rest of your experience is great, like the rest of our clients who are really happy with what we do.

AAA Sales Installation Service

Sales and Quoting A1 totally transparent factual and for us very understandable.

Installation A1 Punctual efficient excellent crew quick and sound
After Sales Service A1, the staff of GI Energy were second to none, most impressed with all the technical advice and assistance to help us decipher our system and to read and understand its operation, which in the long term will definitely save us money.