GI Energy Reviews

About GI Energy, Solar Installers

GI Energy
Silver Partner
GI Energy is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 69 712 051 376  ABN active since 01 Apr 2011 | The Trustee For The Green Incentives Trust
ACN: 150 215 491  ACN active since 01 Apr 2011 | Green Incentives (qld) Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 312607C  Green Incentives Qld Pty Ltd

QLD: 78514 Green Incentives Qld Pty Ltd Atf The Green Incentives Trust

Reviewers report paying: $4,500 - $8,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

GI Energy is a team of electrical engineers, Clean Energy Council (CEC) Accredited Designers, CEC installers, experienced project managers and consultants who specialise in solar PV and energy reduction strategies.

We were established in 2011 and we were the 57th company in Australia to become a CEC Approved Retailer.

GI Energy design, supply, install, service and provide maintenance for energy efficient products. Our core focus is solar PV, battery storage, LED lighting and implementation of strategies to reduce the carbon footprint and cost of electricity for our clients.

Our mission is to build long-term relationships with our clients by providing market leading energy reduction strategies through innovation and advanced technology.

GI Energy Solar Reviews

Exceeded expectations

Friendly team with a positive can do attitude.
They know what works best and how to achieve long term savings from excellent systems.
Installation was quick and easy.
System is running extremely well generating significantly more power than what we use.
Very happy,

top quality install

Easy process from start to finish ,all questions asked were answered in a timely manner. Quality install on the day we had arranged, would reccomed these guys. Show additional information

Amazing

They provide exceptional service and I cannot speak highly enough of them. Joel provided answers to my questions and is very professional (major asset to the GI team) .The whole process ran so smoothly from quoting and installation, which were very polite and professional as well. Looking forward to enjoying the benefits of the solar. One very happy customer!!! Show additional information

Do all that they can to make the entire process easy

GIEnergy were very easy to deal with. Thomas was very informative and was able to answer all of my questions. I was a little worried at first that there was no on-site visit and that the install work would be subbed out to a third party but it all worked out well.

My job had the added complexity that the roof needed restoration as well. Vanessa was awesome at coordinating to get the brackets installed as part of the roof resto process. Once the roof painting was complete the team were able to then have the rest of the system installed ahead of the prior agreed install date.

The installer Ben, was very friendly and was also happy to answer any questions I had about the set up and install particulars. He was unable to connect the WiFi to the inverter which was unfortunate but I was able to get in going a couple of days later.

Time will tell now how the system performs over time and how GI deal with any issues that may arise but in terms of customer service and install, I highly recommend them.

Easy seamless process start to finish, so far so good

Going solar is a strange proposition. I had to take on a mountain of information and basically become a quasi-expert on the entire ecosystem to feel comfortable spending less than half the money I spent on my last used car. It is too onerous in my opinion and in the end I ended up with fatigue.

GI Energy was easy going and answered all my questions, but to be honest I had gone through most of the questions and research with reps from other companies. GI were quick to respond and low pressure, and ended up catching me late on Friday afternoon when I had had enough and just wanted to make a decision. I was offered and excellent price, and while it was done via a sub-contractor, they were quick to give me their name, which other national mobs could not do on request.

Once approved, the install was done within 2 weeks with GI co-ordinating with the subby for the date and time. The subby turned up to do the work and did express a number of concerns about what their expectations were with the install vs what they actually had to do.

The installers worked hard and did tidy work but were then quick to leave. They gave me instructions for connecting the inverter to my wifi and told me to contact GI with any questions. I was able to work through and get everything connected and then the inverter threw a fault. I tried to contact GI but no one was there due to a holiday so I could not get assistance with the fault. Fortunately I was able to eventually figure out how to clear the fault, but let's say the documentation for Chinese inverters is not always easy to understand. GI was in contact with me first thing Monday morning to assist, but the error was gone and hasn't come back since. Only negative of my experience.

Everything has been working flawlessly since and I'm very happy with the system. The price was great and I'm happy with the service. Just wish I didn't have to do two weeks of research to feel comfortable buying the equivalent of a 10 year old used Honda.

a job well done.

All our communications with GI Energy were by phone. Firstly with Matt Williams in sales who was very informative and easy to deal with and not at all pushy, like a lot of sales people. After we accepted the quote we dealt with Vanessa in the office, who was very knowledgeable and always returned and calls promptly. The installation went smoothly and the installers did a good job and left the site clean after they finished. Overall we were happy with the whole process. Show additional information

Company service and system excellent.

I installed my system about a year ago after engaging 3 quotes, I found GI Energy to be the most informative and my agent Tom took the time to follow up with me and understood what I wanted in a system.I told him I wanted a quality system that would give me a return on investment and last quite a few years. The system that I settled on has performed better than any of us expected I run on a battery at night and the solar during the day and on a good day I still put 42 kilowatts back into the grid. I had some power fluxuations in the street and energex came out to rectify the street issues and when talking to me he asked to see my system he said it was one of the neatest installs he had seen and asked to take a photo, this is the quality of workmanship and product you can expect with GI Energy and there monitoring and surveillance of the operation of your system is the icing on the cake I totally recommend the GI Energy listen to them and let them advise you and you won't be sorry.

One very happy customer.

Excellent service, extremely informative & fast installation!

Couldn’t be happier with the whole process!
From the first conversation through to the complete installation, everything was explained & super easy!
Peter was soo helpful & polite with Excellent follow up, couldn’t recommend him highly enough!
His knowledge of every product & recommendations for me were spot on.
He is an Absolute asset to the company!
Vanessa was extremely helpful with the whole process & organising the installation. She even notified my electricity company once the solar was installed & helped me every step of the way in the online set up to monitor my system!
These two are what every company needs! Fantastic customer service & I can not recommend them enough!
The team that installed the solar were fantastic also! Constantly liaising with me & even asking to rearrange the solar panel configuration on the roof to make sure there were no shadows on any panels! Managed to place the inverter out of the way instead of near the door which would have been too crowded. Very friendly team & very efficient!

So far so good.

Solar system seems to be working fine and as expected. The sales and customer support people were pretty friendly and easy to talk to. They organised all the paperwork with the electricity provider. Installation was on time and tidy. They also helped register the inverter and set up the app. They are not the cheapest but we did get a better deal than about 3 to 4 other companies in the market. Overall we are happy customers and would recommend GI Energy. Show additional information

Expensive but hopefully worth it

Quoting process was done over the phone. Would have preferred someone visit us.
The guys who did the installation were really good.

Professional Installers and Salespeople

The entire process was made easy, prompt follow-up after install. Show additional information

Professional and with attention to detail

I got two quotes for solar, GI were not the cheapest but their whole approach to the process was far more professional than the other quote I got. They were the only firm who took the time to do a site visit, which proved important, and they took the time to suggest alternative layout/design options to get the one that suited me best. Show additional information

best value and good support

we got 5 quotes and went with GI Energy as they have been around a long time with good recommendations and support.
Not the cheapest quote we got but we went for reliability of products and after service

Incredible service

From the first phone call the process has been simple, we felt comfortable choosing them after doing research on plenty of companies. The ongoing communication and support we are still receiving is fantastic and it is a nice felling when you can speak to someone who knows what they are talking about. The installation was professional and with 8 years experience we felt comfy that it was done properly. We now have our system up and running and is performing well above standard. Thanks GI for you service! Show additional information

Responsive and professional sales and admin team and efficient and tidy installation team.

The sales/quoting process was professional and friendly.
The installation team were punctual, polite and tidy.
The customer service was excellent. They did everything to assist the process, including organising the grid connection after the install.

good costumer service but not the installer.

good costumer service from the sale people, however did not get good costumer service from the installer. Show additional information

GI Energy solar

Great company to deal with. Answered all my questions. Prompt installation, clean, tidy, respectful crew. Very happy. Show additional information

Great Company

I can't rate this company highly enough. It started with an initial contact through Solar Quotes (the web site run by Finn Peacock) by Luke of GI Energy who was so knowledgeable and helpful and talked to me about every aspect of the process from expectations to the end product. Don't be afraid to go back and ask more questions before you decide on a company as Luke is only too happy to help. Once I had my system picked there was a seamless transfer to Vanessa who helped though the installation process. The team who actually carried out the work were great, clean, tidy and again talked me through the inverter and what it was telling me. Luke even contacted me after installation to make sure my Energy Company had contacted me to change the meter. The company was so professional but very helpful from start to finish. I am so happy with the result and feel confident that if I ever have a problem they will be there every step of the way. Thanks Team. Show additional information

First Class Work

Luke and the team from GI Energy provided professional and thorough service to support our introduction and transition to solar energy, the installation was performed excellently by contractor Kraft Solar Electrical, thank you all for your help. Show additional information

The staff at GI Energy so friendly and helpful i was so happy with them I can one off best solar company. Show additional information

Great installation

After reading a lot of reviews, Matt got in touch with me after subscribing to Solarquotes.
I went with the Fronius + Phono's panels. 6kw system
I felt at ease from the start, Matt went above and beyond without trying to be pushy trying to make a sale.
The price was a bit more but i felt comfortable with GI energy and knew they were going to be there for me in the future after reading many positive reviews
Installation day went well, Stu and his boys shown up on time and gave me up to date info on whats to be done.
I would like to thank Vanessa for her help as well, very helpful through out the entire process.

Big thank you to your team and keep up the good work

GI ENERGY ARE SECOND TO NONE! A+ SERVICE!

We recently had solar (22 panels) installed by GI Energy on our new build home in Keperra. We dealt with Daniel and his professionalism, courteous manner and knowledge liaising with our builder was brilliant. Stuart and his crew get 10 out of 10 for the installation!

The whole process was stress free - everything was just spot on! We are over the moon with the price, quality and service on our system and are now looking forward to reaping the rewards of investing in solar.

We would not hesitate to recommend GI Energy to anyone thinking of going solar

John & Deb Lewis

2 years on & we're reaping the rewards of solar

It's been almost 2 years since our install. GI Energy are an extremely professional company to deal with. From their front desk to their installers, we were treated with respect and politeness, efficiency and follow-up. I love the Solar app.; received assistance promptly with set up and it's a fantastic tool to see your consumption and energy production. Since having the app and knowing a little more, we have not paid a power bill since. The guys at GI really do know their stuff and we are very happy customers to this day. A wonderful product and service. Show additional information

Great Customer Service

All my calls and emails were responded to almost immediate. Questions were answered to my satisfaction and I was made very aware of all the technical matters related to Solar so I could make a good choice. Keep in mind I had 7 quotes and GI was not the cheapest but I chose them for their service and the fact that they are a Certified Solar Retailer ( Which is very important !! ). They did all the work for me included the administration too get the electrical box changed and solar rebates.

Installers were very friendly and have worked continuously with GI for the last 9 years.

I would recommend going with GI

GI Energy - Amazing Service Support

The team at GI were hands down the best of the bunch I spoke to in the early days. Totally supported everything I needed from general inquiry, sales and marketing, installation options, product availability and installation support. 10/10. I found some of the other contenders may of come in at a cheaper rate, however the trust in the team just wasn't visable. I felt completely supported and informed by GI Energy and their team. Professional, on time, on scope and at cost. Will be keeping these guys as my go-to energy service support when batteries look more enticing. Show additional information

Fantastic experience from start to finish

Dealing with Matt was a breeze from start to finish. Was a wealth of information and answered every question I asked of him. The install team lead by Byron were excellent as well. Very happy with our system. Would recommend every time. Show additional information

Excellent job by the GI Energy team.

The GI Energy team have done an Excellent job of providing the Solar Power system I specified. The sales team were able to provide a competitive price?bettering quotes for the same quality system. The admin team have done a great job providing instruction around installation dates?payment and organizing grid connection with my service provider. And finally Byron and the installation team provided a tidy?no fuss installation with a professional explanation of system functions and energy provider interface. Show additional information

Superb service

The Team at GI Energy were professional, polite and punctual. They listened to my needs and designed a system to match. The monitoring is showing the production at 15% above the figures provided to me in the proposal. Really happy with my decision and highly recommend them to anyone looking for ethical advice and quality workmanship. Show additional information

Don't go anywhere else for your solar installation!!

Touch base with Luke at GI Energy for a professional assessment of your personal situation and needs for solar. His knowledge, skills and professionalism is second to none. Quote is prompt just like the rest of their service. The selection of Phono Solar Panels and Fronius inverter perfect match for high performance and delivery.

The GI Team oozes professionalism and the whole process from quote to final installation and your own solar generation is seamless. His contractors are the same - polite, professional, highly skilled and On Time!! Follow up from Vanessa from the admin team once again super polite and the information and directions clear and precise and delivered with top customer care.

I have used this team a number of times and recommended them at every opportunity....you can not go wrong.

A trustworthy and professional installer

More than pleased with the entire process. Joel was very professional, explained everything in detail and always available to take my call even on a weekend.

Installation was done on the agreed date and on time. Panels and inverter were installed to an exceptional level of detail and I was consulted on any install location or preference.

Everything exceeded my expectations and I would (and have) recommend these guys to anyone that needs solar installed.

Glad we chose GI over other companies advertising on TV

Thomas was excellent, the installation went very well and the connection to the grid by GI was flawless.

Would recommend them to others for sure.

faultless installation; great service

I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of dealing with both the staff at GI and ALZ who did the install; having heard of cowboys in the solar industry, I was unsure of how mine would go; I didn't need to worry; I would recommend them with no hesitation. This review was made without consultation with GI or ALS. Show additional information
Really easy to deal with, I had done a fair bit of research and they were able to provide what I wanted at a comparable price to other quality retailers on your site. GI energy used a sub contractor in QLD who was excellent, showed up on time, was courteous and answered my questions throughly they did quality work and left the site tidy. Show additional information
The guys at GI Energy were great to deal with. The team was so professional from the sales team to the installers. I know have thanks to them and the Qld Govt Battery Grant a 6.22kw system with a 10kw battery.. Show additional information
Gi Energy were highly professional in their customer service and installation, I had installed, 23 Q-cell QPlus 285W, solar module German engineered solar panels, and the Fronius Primo 5.0-1 inverter, plus the Titan Cyclone rated tile racking system. A high quality system that was very affordable, came in under $6,600 installed.
GI Energy’s high quality workmanship, service and pricing was second to none.
Very happy with your service
Even though I didn't use one of your suppliers you lead me to GI Energy through your detailed process
Thanks again for a great service
From the first conversation the consultant at GI Energy was extremely professional, honest and listened to exactly what I wanted. All of my questions were answered and savings estimates backed up with local examples. The Fronius Q.Plus system is outperforming the figures provided and I could not be happier. The installers were polite, friendly and tidy. The after sales service has been fantastic with further questions answered and advice with my consumption monitoring.

I would recommend GI Energy to anyone looking for old fashioned service and honest impartial advice.
Excellent service and in depth information Brendan was extremely helpful and patient and the installation guys Andrew and Alex were polite efficient , neat and
Left the site clean They explained the set up of the wireless system for the inverter and made sure everything was in working order before leaving I have no hesitation in recommending this company to any potential customers.well done GI energy