GI Energy Reviews

About GI Energy, Solar Installers

GI Energy
Gold Partner
GI Energy is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 69 712 051 376  ABN active since 01 Apr 2011 | The Trustee For The Green Incentives Trust
ACN: 150 215 491  ACN active since 01 Apr 2011 | Green Incentives (qld) Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 312607C  Green Incentives Qld Pty Ltd

QLD: 78514 Green Incentives Qld Pty Ltd Atf The Green Incentives Trust

Reviewers report paying: $4,500 - $8,600 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

GI Energy is a team of electrical engineers, Clean Energy Council (CEC) Accredited Designers, CEC installers, experienced project managers and consultants who specialise in solar PV and energy reduction strategies.

We were established in 2011 and we were the 57th company in Australia to become a CEC Approved Retailer.

GI Energy design, supply, install, service and provide maintenance for energy efficient products. Our core focus is solar PV, battery storage, LED lighting and implementation of strategies to reduce the carbon footprint and cost of electricity for our clients.

Our mission is to build long-term relationships with our clients by providing market leading energy reduction strategies through innovation and advanced technology.

GI Energy Solar Reviews

Great solar, great service

Super easy to deal with from getting a quote to the install. Would highly recommend this solar company. Show additional information

5 Star Service - Highly Recommended

Excellent service from inital enquiry stage to completed installation from a friendly and professional team. Highly recommended. Show additional information

Special care taken

After having our roof replaced recently, its Colorbond surface was left pristine, very fortunately. When we talked with friends about installing solar roof panels, a number expressed concern should accidental damage occur to the roof during their installation. We sought quotes from quality solar panel system installers. Some representatives were honestly uneasy about guaranteeing great care of the new roof surface.
To our delight, the firm which seemed to offer the best value overall also had a sincere, very well informed, honest and understanding representative. His promise of having the new roof surface respected during solar panel installation was fully honoured.
We highly recommend GI Energy (Brisbane) for arranging the thorough, careful installation of our solar roof panels and the rest of the system. Special thanks to R.W. for his close attention to detail, and for understanding and efficiently implementing our particular needs.

Good installation

Good
Polite,tidy,and punctual

Professional service

The sales person was extremely professional, making sure he understood our usage & requirements, and the communication throughout the whole process was excellent. The installers were punctual and also very professional. Show additional information

Fantastic all round

Found GI energy on Google and went into the office to meet with Thomas who helped me understand the whole process and provided a quote that I accepted. The whole team helped me with getting through body corp and Vanessa was a pleasure to deal with for payments. The installation was an easy process. Very happy with everything and they're still helping me after install with other questions. Great company. Show additional information

Fantastic company for product and to deal with

Great company to deal with, very professional from start to finish. took all the hassle out of organizing solar and dealt with everything each step of the way. Communication was excellent throughout and we are really happy with the system we have and above it all was excellent value for money for a really top system.
Matthew was a delight to deal with and i would highly recommend them to anyone seeking Solar

Very smooth process throughout

GI Energy's service was faultless from start to finish. The installers worked tirelessly and efficiently on an extremely hot day and, once installed, Tyson explained how the system operates. The installers arrived on time and were polite and tidy throughout. GI Admin, Vanessa, provided excellent customer support. Highly recommend GI Energy. Show additional information

Looking forward to the savings

Got a 13.3 kw system installed on the 20/01/21 from GI Energy, very happy with the purchase process and the installation team were brilliant! Very happy with the way the panels look ( 38 ) on the house! As yet not sure of the savings but installers have said the savings will be massive. Only disappointing thing is the power I return to the grid I will get nothing for until someone comes out to inspect the installation on the 08/02/21 but that’s not GI Energy’s or the installers fault. Looking forward to the savings Show additional information

Excellent service from initial contact to installation.

GI Energy was very professional throughout all stages from the initial contact to discuss our needs and desired outcomes, providing a comprehensive quote on the various options and taking the time to answer all my questions to assist in making the best decision for our situation. Once we were all signed up GI Energy confirmed the installation date and provided comprehensive information about the process and requirements to get us generating our own power. The electrical contractors that completed the installation were punctual, professional and courteous and did a quality job and the system looks great on the roof. We are now waiting to be connected through our electricity provider and within 3 weeks hope to be up and running. Show additional information

Smooth install process when you consider the amount of rain we have had.

All went pretty smoothly. We already had existing system so were up and running as soon as install completed. Show additional information

GI Energy

Thomas from sales was great, not too pushy ( I liked that)
The guy who installed the system was a day late , but these things happen and he was apologetic so that was ok. I had a lovey lady called Vanessa who took me through the rest of the process, she was excellent.
The only thing that I would recommend is if u need a smart meter installed, maybe it could be arranged before the solar is installed as it took a few week for my solar to be up and running after it was installed.
I would recommend GI energy

Overall a Great Experience

The sales / quoting process was extremely informative with no high pressure sales techniques. All of my questions were answered promptly and honestly.

The installation guys from STE Solar in Newcastle were absolutely brilliant. They worked so hard in trying conditions to get the job done on the scheduled date. I could not be more impressed with their conduct and work ethic.

Customer service to date has been first rate; this close to the Christmas period I do not expect connection to the grid to occur until January next year.

Excellent customer service and support, and quality installation

Sales and customer service were very friendly and supportive throughout the entire process. They listened to my questions, provided quality advice and never felt like i was being pressured or rushed.

The installers were excellent, friendly and approachable. They explained the system and the process, got everything up and running, and were absolute professionals the entire time.

I have no hesitation in recommending GI Energy to anyone looking for a solar system.

Overall, easy and simple process

Process from getting the quote to the installation was seamless and easy to navigate. Customer service from quote to installation was also good - staff and tradies were polite and willing to answer questions Show additional information

Really happy with the process

We were really happy with the whole process of getting solar panels installed at our place with GI Energy. They were really responsive and explained the process well. We found them really professional and polite throughout. Show additional information

Awesome service.

I had 6 quotes from other companies and salesman Richard from GI Energy was the best, taking time to explain everything. Installers were on time, very polite, working on hot day and eaten by midges but finished the job in one day as promised. Richard called next day checking how installation went. He called few weeks later again, I needed help to set up the app, Richard contacted GI technician and my app was set up and working the same day. Best customer service. Highly recommended. Show additional information

Efficient and contentious solar install

GI energy talked through the technology with me, answered all my questions and gave me a great price for the system. They are a large company and they contract known installers to complete the work, I was skeptical about this initially however all went smoothly and GI energy kept me informed at every stage. When the job had to be rescheduled because of poor weather and then personal circumstances they made sure to get the install scheduled as soon as possible and around my schedule. The installers were polite, punctual and cleaned up after themselves. The grid connection is being organised by GI energy with my electricity company. Show additional information

Gi Energy, Phono Solar panels, Sungrow inverter.

Joel was great over the phone and explained everything very well, which is why I decided to go with GI Energy over the other 3 (more local) solar companies. The follow-up after signing up has not been as great. I needed to prompt Vanessa twice for the installer to contact me to book in the pre-inspection, and the hot water meter which had been discussed was left off the instructions for the installer, so wasn't done. That isn't a big things, as will be installed next week, and Joel apologised and organised this.
The installation went well. The installers (sub-contractors from Port Macquarie) were prompt and efficient, and had the installation done in 3.5 hrs. I have some panels on the front deck roof (East) and more panels facing North.
I called my power company to let them know about now having solar, then spoke to Vanessa that afternoon who was going to send the forms and certificates through to them..hopefully I will be grid-connected by mid next-week.
My system was making over 5kwh from the start, and have already generated nearly 50kwh in 1.5 days!

Quality install

Everything happened as arranged. Happy with system performance. Only problem is disposal of old panels. Installers said local dump will take them. Not so. Now stuck with them. Makes me wonder about long term effect on environment when all panels will eventually die and difficult to dispose of them. Show additional information

There for you

The sales and admin process is great but I was a bit disappointed with my installation. The local contractors were not as professional as I was expecting them to be.

My inverter lasted the whole of 6 days (not GI Energy’s fault) and whilst I was initially dissatisfied with their response, as soon as I sent a complaint I got a call from Daniel, the owner, who personally took over my case and got my issue resolved within a week. I do give them a lot of credit for going above and beyond to get Sungrow to approve my warranty claim sooner and to get someone to install a new inverter for me in such a busy period. (also, the electrician who replaced the inverter was very professional)

Thanks for taking the time to write us this review. We appreciate all feedback and we always look for ways to learn from positive or negative comments. I am very pleased we could find a quick solution to get your inverter replaced and that you were satisfied with the end result. Unfortunately, even with the best electronic appliances, there can be isolated issues and we always do our absolute best to rectify them as quickly as possible.

With regards to your specific comments about the installation team not being as professional as you hoped, we will look to learn from this and improve where we can. The team that installed for you have been working with us for many years and we always get extremely good feedback, so I am disappointed they did not live up to your expectations and we will try to find out exactly what happened here and improve where possible.

We are pleased that you have a great solar system installed, which we know will continue to work really well for many, many years and we are always here if you need anything else in the future.

5 Star Service all the way!!

I have to say from beginning to end I'm so impressed with GI Energy. I looked around and did my research and met quite a few solar companies and I was still a little confused. Then I met Luke, he really is such a wealth of knowledge but you can also tell a very genuine person. I signed right then and there. The entire experience was seamless and we are really happy with our solar and also know if we had any concerns they are only a call away. I have referred GI Energy onto anyone I know that is looking as I know it can be a little overwhelming and it is an important decision and you need to have trust as well. Thank you Luke and to your team you really are a great provider with exceptional customer service levels! Show additional information

Great all round service

Gi Energy was great from start to finish, very informative and friendly. They always replied to any questions that I had in a quick and timely manner. The install was done quickly and on the agreed date. The panels are working at or above the capacity quoted by the company. Show additional information

Amazing job! A great system!

A really friendly and knowledgable company that provided a great product. Show additional information

GI Energy Excellent Solar Installation

Our solar consultants Joel and Vanessa, were absolutely knowledgeable, thorough, professionally efficient and polite young people. We are very thankful for their quality and attentive service. We are also very please of the excellent quality of panels and inverter installed. Thank you very much. Show additional information

So far so good

Overall a great service so far - was scheduled for a two day install but bought a double team and managed to sort out a big install in a day- Friendly professional workers. So far the system is performing as expected and followup support on a couple of issues has been excellent Show additional information

Excellent retailer ... OK installer.

All in all a positive experience. Installer was punctual and polite but some garden ornaments were broken without us being informed of this happening. The installer did help with relocating the panels from the original design to avoid shadowing and helped with installing the inverter app. Still waiting with the grid connection but not the fault of the installer or GIEnergy, but with AGL.Still waiting to see if the system is efficient. Show additional information

Very good

Very good. Easy to talk to,will definitely recommend them to a mate Show additional information

Professional sales team and installers

Our sales contact at GI Energy, Peter, was very polite, patient, happy to answer questions, without overly pushing for a sale. The offer that we accepted was by far the best that we received for such a quality system. The sales and operations coordinator, Vanessa, was equally polite and efficient in guiding us through the installation and arranging the subsequent paperwork.

The installation itself was carried out efficiently by an independent local company who were right on time and left the site in immaculate condition.

Finalisation of the grid and WiFi connection by GI Energy is in progress.

A Great Experience

Salesman believed in his product and checked immediately when he was unsure of any answer to my questions.
Installation commenced on time and roof top work was completed on the day. The team of two seemed to work well together. Unfortunately the follow up work in the switch box was delayed for six days. But when it was completed it was thoroughly done.
GI Energy office staff were polite thorough and efficient. They handled the paperwork and explained what I needed to do.
I am now waiting for the energy authority to update the meter.

My solar experience

All three firms were prompt to contact me and their quotes for systems with similar components were comparable.
Expert electrical was the only firm which provided prices for a range of inverters and panels.
The pricing also included replacement of the meter box, about $1200.
As I mentioned above, I had concerns about the fixing of the racking system, and GI asked its installer to do an on site inspection.
The installation went smoothly and the site was left neat and tidy.
As far as I am aware the grid connection has been arranged.

6.6 Hyundai and Sungrow

I installed a 6.6kw Hyundai and Sungrow inverter system with smart meter 3 days ago and love it. Production is good thus far and it looks great on the roof. GI were great to deal with and the installation crew provided were awesome also. I can’t stop looking out production / consumption and feed-in etc in the app. Show additional information

Excellent service and installation

Very happy with sales person and customer service. I was kept informed throughout the whole process and beyond Installation.
Installation team were prompt friendly efficient a d. Very knowledgeable
Would recommend this team and installer. Very happy with whole process form start to finish and beyond

New solar for our house

To whom it may concern, the quoting system was difficult, with so may retailers out there, all telling you something different, in the end I starting talking about specific components (brands) panels, inverter etc.
Pricing was all over the place, some retailers quoted and couldn't be contacted, others the opposite, but supplying their components.
GI Energy I found to be very professional, Joel provided the advice I needed to go ahead with the purchase of the system, although not the cheapest, I felt I needed be assured of what I wanted I was getting and they were able to do that.
Once the decision was made to go ahead, it was pretty simple process, I was contacted by Vanessa, who informed me of the process confirmed the brand of the panels and inverter, once permission was granted by the energy company, I was provided a date that installation would be done, and all went ahead as stated.
The only issue at this time is the meters have not be changed as the electrician who installed the solar system has to move components around to accommodate the new meters for the grid connection, so still waiting a month later

Exceptional engagement from start to finish

Gi Energy were incredibly good to deal with.

Matt Williams and the team were punctual, they followed up when they said they would and were extremely patient throughout the proposal process. Once the business was awarded the exceptional service continued from the office to the field, with the onsite crew providing exceptional workmanship, service and communication. We hit a couple of challenges along the way, but we were able to address them and move forward without missing a beat.

Having tested five well reviewed solar organisations, it's my view that GI Energy set the bar for service and execution.

Exceeded expectations

Friendly team with a positive can do attitude.
They know what works best and how to achieve long term savings from excellent systems.
Installation was quick and easy.
System is running extremely well generating significantly more power than what we use.
Very happy,

top quality install

Easy process from start to finish ,all questions asked were answered in a timely manner. Quality install on the day we had arranged, would reccomed these guys. Show additional information

Amazing

They provide exceptional service and I cannot speak highly enough of them. Joel provided answers to my questions and is very professional (major asset to the GI team) .The whole process ran so smoothly from quoting and installation, which were very polite and professional as well. Looking forward to enjoying the benefits of the solar. One very happy customer!!! Show additional information

Do all that they can to make the entire process easy

GIEnergy were very easy to deal with. Thomas was very informative and was able to answer all of my questions. I was a little worried at first that there was no on-site visit and that the install work would be subbed out to a third party but it all worked out well.

My job had the added complexity that the roof needed restoration as well. Vanessa was awesome at coordinating to get the brackets installed as part of the roof resto process. Once the roof painting was complete the team were able to then have the rest of the system installed ahead of the prior agreed install date.

The installer Ben, was very friendly and was also happy to answer any questions I had about the set up and install particulars. He was unable to connect the WiFi to the inverter which was unfortunate but I was able to get in going a couple of days later.

Time will tell now how the system performs over time and how GI deal with any issues that may arise but in terms of customer service and install, I highly recommend them.

Easy seamless process start to finish, so far so good

Going solar is a strange proposition. I had to take on a mountain of information and basically become a quasi-expert on the entire ecosystem to feel comfortable spending less than half the money I spent on my last used car. It is too onerous in my opinion and in the end I ended up with fatigue.

GI Energy was easy going and answered all my questions, but to be honest I had gone through most of the questions and research with reps from other companies. GI were quick to respond and low pressure, and ended up catching me late on Friday afternoon when I had had enough and just wanted to make a decision. I was offered and excellent price, and while it was done via a sub-contractor, they were quick to give me their name, which other national mobs could not do on request.

Once approved, the install was done within 2 weeks with GI co-ordinating with the subby for the date and time. The subby turned up to do the work and did express a number of concerns about what their expectations were with the install vs what they actually had to do.

The installers worked hard and did tidy work but were then quick to leave. They gave me instructions for connecting the inverter to my wifi and told me to contact GI with any questions. I was able to work through and get everything connected and then the inverter threw a fault. I tried to contact GI but no one was there due to a holiday so I could not get assistance with the fault. Fortunately I was able to eventually figure out how to clear the fault, but let's say the documentation for Chinese inverters is not always easy to understand. GI was in contact with me first thing Monday morning to assist, but the error was gone and hasn't come back since. Only negative of my experience.

Everything has been working flawlessly since and I'm very happy with the system. The price was great and I'm happy with the service. Just wish I didn't have to do two weeks of research to feel comfortable buying the equivalent of a 10 year old used Honda.

a job well done.

All our communications with GI Energy were by phone. Firstly with Matt Williams in sales who was very informative and easy to deal with and not at all pushy, like a lot of sales people. After we accepted the quote we dealt with Vanessa in the office, who was very knowledgeable and always returned and calls promptly. The installation went smoothly and the installers did a good job and left the site clean after they finished. Overall we were happy with the whole process. Show additional information

Company service and system excellent.

I installed my system about a year ago after engaging 3 quotes, I found GI Energy to be the most informative and my agent Tom took the time to follow up with me and understood what I wanted in a system.I told him I wanted a quality system that would give me a return on investment and last quite a few years. The system that I settled on has performed better than any of us expected I run on a battery at night and the solar during the day and on a good day I still put 42 kilowatts back into the grid. I had some power fluxuations in the street and energex came out to rectify the street issues and when talking to me he asked to see my system he said it was one of the neatest installs he had seen and asked to take a photo, this is the quality of workmanship and product you can expect with GI Energy and there monitoring and surveillance of the operation of your system is the icing on the cake I totally recommend the GI Energy listen to them and let them advise you and you won't be sorry.

One very happy customer.

Excellent service, extremely informative & fast installation!

Couldn’t be happier with the whole process!
From the first conversation through to the complete installation, everything was explained & super easy!
Peter was soo helpful & polite with Excellent follow up, couldn’t recommend him highly enough!
His knowledge of every product & recommendations for me were spot on.
He is an Absolute asset to the company!
Vanessa was extremely helpful with the whole process & organising the installation. She even notified my electricity company once the solar was installed & helped me every step of the way in the online set up to monitor my system!
These two are what every company needs! Fantastic customer service & I can not recommend them enough!
The team that installed the solar were fantastic also! Constantly liaising with me & even asking to rearrange the solar panel configuration on the roof to make sure there were no shadows on any panels! Managed to place the inverter out of the way instead of near the door which would have been too crowded. Very friendly team & very efficient!

So far so good.

Solar system seems to be working fine and as expected. The sales and customer support people were pretty friendly and easy to talk to. They organised all the paperwork with the electricity provider. Installation was on time and tidy. They also helped register the inverter and set up the app. They are not the cheapest but we did get a better deal than about 3 to 4 other companies in the market. Overall we are happy customers and would recommend GI Energy. Show additional information

Expensive but hopefully worth it

Quoting process was done over the phone. Would have preferred someone visit us.
The guys who did the installation were really good.

Professional Installers and Salespeople

The entire process was made easy, prompt follow-up after install. Show additional information

Professional and with attention to detail

I got two quotes for solar, GI were not the cheapest but their whole approach to the process was far more professional than the other quote I got. They were the only firm who took the time to do a site visit, which proved important, and they took the time to suggest alternative layout/design options to get the one that suited me best. Show additional information

best value and good support

we got 5 quotes and went with GI Energy as they have been around a long time with good recommendations and support.
Not the cheapest quote we got but we went for reliability of products and after service

Incredible service

From the first phone call the process has been simple, we felt comfortable choosing them after doing research on plenty of companies. The ongoing communication and support we are still receiving is fantastic and it is a nice felling when you can speak to someone who knows what they are talking about. The installation was professional and with 8 years experience we felt comfy that it was done properly. We now have our system up and running and is performing well above standard. Thanks GI for you service! Show additional information

Responsive and professional sales and admin team and efficient and tidy installation team.

The sales/quoting process was professional and friendly.
The installation team were punctual, polite and tidy.
The customer service was excellent. They did everything to assist the process, including organising the grid connection after the install.