GI Energy Reviews

GI Energy is a team of electrical engineers, Clean Energy Council (CEC) Accredited Designers, CEC installers, experienced project managers and consultants who specialise in solar PV and energy reduction strategies.

We were established in 2011 and we were the 57th company in Australia to become a CEC Approved Retailer.

GI Energy design, supply, install, service and provide maintenance for energy efficient products. Our core focus is solar PV, battery storage, LED lighting and implementation of strategies to reduce the carbon footprint and cost of electricity for our clients.

Our mission is to build long-term relationships with our clients by providing market leading energy reduction strategies through innovation and advanced technology.

Reviewers report paying: $4,500 - $8,600 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

GI Energy Reviews (111)

Exceptional experience from the start through to the install!

I was in the early stages of finalizing our build in Logan Reserve. A lot of solar companies had no interest in speaking with me as we weren't ''ready to install'' and didn't have a set completion date. However, when I approached GI, Luke welcomed me with open arms. With Luke's advice we opted for our house to be built with 3-phase power after he explained the benefits for not only being able to power a bigger system (13kw), but also for the efficiency throughout the house. Offering advice on different systems to suit our budget and taking a genuine interest he was nothing but exceptional. Luke was in touch throughout the build process, having built himself he was able to offer great advice outside of the solar realm as well. Once we were ready to go, the system was up on our roof in no time. From Vanessa right through to the chief installer Byron, I was fulfilled with confidence that choosing GI Energy was the right decision. One month on the aftercare we have had has been amazing. The system has performed exactly how Luke explained it would and we have just received our first electricity bill resulting in it being in credit. Thanks Luke and the team for such a great experience, I can't recommend these guys enough.

GI energy saved me from the solar traps all the other guys set me up for

Hassle free instal by a really professional crew great follow up service and the right advice from the get go.

I don’t normally write reviews but for these guys I’ll make an exception it’s the least I can do as they saved me from making the wrong choice that was being pedalled by other suppliers.

If your going solar and don’t at least talk to these guys you will be doing yourself a quality and financial injustice.

Great until installation delays.

Salesman was great and answered every question we had and many more that we hadn't thought of. The 1st installation team were also great to deal with. We were surprised to find that they actually worked for compnay that supplied our 2nd ranked quote that we received - the company we went with sub contracts the installation to them.

The problem arose when it rained and understandably the guys could not continue to work on the roof (no ones fault there). So they stacked the panels against the house and said they would be back as soon as possible (the possibility of the next day (Friday) or the following week was mentioned) and the office would be in contact to confirm. When we did hear from the office the following afternoon, the earliest data offered was 3.5 weeks later and thus our installation is still not complete almost 2 months after accepted our quote.

Thank you for taking the time to review our company.

We apologise that the install has taken longer than planned, I can understand the frustration of waiting, this is never our intention. We do pre warn our customers on booking that sometimes unforeseen circumstances can cause installs to take longer than expected, we also advise that we may not be able to return the next consecutive day. The problem here is you were told one thing by the installer on the day and that differed from the reality, the installers would know that installs are booked up for the next 8-10 weeks, especially as weather has caused delays for other customers also. We can see why this caused frustration and for that again we are sorry.

The delay with your install should not detract from the fact you have a great system and it's backed by our service. Once you are up and running we will make sure the rest of your experience is great, like the rest of our clients who are really happy with what we do.

AAA Sales Installation Service

Sales and Quoting A1 totally transparent factual and for us very understandable.

Installation A1 Punctual efficient excellent crew quick and sound
After Sales Service A1, the staff of GI Energy were second to none, most impressed with all the technical advice and assistance to help us decipher our system and to read and understand its operation, which in the long term will definitely save us money.

Very professional service

Excellent communication leading up to installation GI kept me informed. Installers efficient, helpful in setting up app. No mess left when finished.

Professional Job

The Sales & Quoting process was very professional. Comprising of site visit and inspection, followed by an in depth discussion of installation and Time Frame. Luke, the GI Energy representative, presented as an extremely professional individual resulting in me being extremely confident in his product and the proposed installation.

The installation took place on the previously agreed date and time. The installation crew were fully aware of the work scope and diligently worked accordingly. They were polite, competent and kept me fully aware of progress at all times.

Upon completion of the install, I was given a brief rundown of the system and was shown confirmation of where they had contacted the power supplier so that they could then complete the meter alterations required.

GI Energy later followed up and visited me again to ensure that all was operating satisfactorily. I would have no hesitation in recommending or using GI Energy should the opportunity arise.

Excellent initial contact. Very thorough explanations. Installation team arrived when scheduled and were very efficient.

Excellent initial contact. Very prompt. Thorough explanations, both verbally and in follow-up emails.

Installation tea arrived as scheduled. Very efficient. Tidy and polite.

Follow-up contact from supplier. Helped with organising new smart meter.

Fantastic installer

Quoting process was easy. All questions answered comprehensively. Competitive quote. Installation was efficient. Very punctual. Customer service was second to none

Original Review on 19-09-2020:

top quality install

Easy process from start to finish ,all questions asked were answered in a timely manner. Quality install on the day we had arranged, would reccomed these guys. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Brett: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Have had system running for 12 months without any problems . Power bills have been down to estimated cost or lower, overall totally happy with the system from beginning to installation .

GI Energy

Very helpful, not pushy sales process,
Installation went very well. Professional, tidy, and punctual
Customer service has been flawless so far

Professional service, seamless installation and great communication

Luke from GI Energy assisted us through the process of selection of an ideal system for our location, quotes, educating about the benefits of various features and eventually installation of the system.
Luke and his team are highly professional in their service with excellent communication throughout the process.
Post installation Luke was kind enough to check if everything went well and if there were any issues he was willing to trouble shoot them.
I would highly recommend GI Energy for anyone considering solar installation for their home.

Great customer experience

We are very happy with our dealings with GI Energy. They offered fantastic customer service.
Peter (sales) was knowledgeable, no pressure and took the time to listen to our needs and found a product to suit or needs within our budget.
The installer was friendly, tidy and turned up on time.
Vanessa (admin) was equally as friendly and helpful.
We are happy to recommend GI Energy.

Fantastic service

Right from the beginning of the process I had a great experience. Thomas was very informative and the installation crew were very polite and friendly. Cleaned up all the rubbish and took it with them. I was given a two hour window and they turned up on time. Vanessa kept us informed of our progress and organised the grid connection for us. Would recommend this company to all I know who are looking at getting solar

Would recommend this company and the installers they used.

Easy, sales staff friendly & helpful.
Installers were polite, punctual & friendly.
Good customer service.

Original Review on 08-09-2020:

A job well done.

All our communications with GI Energy were by phone. Firstly with Matt Williams in sales who was very informative and easy to deal with and not at all pushy, like a lot of sales people. After we accepted the quote we dealt with Vanessa in the office, who was very knowledgeable and always returned and calls promptly. The installation went smoothly and the installers did a good job and left the site clean after they finished. Overall we were happy with the whole process. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Carey: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Very happy with our system. We are $136 in credit after 6 months which is above expectations.

Installation booked for May 24. The job was contracted to another company who was slow and unreliable.

GI solar sun contracted to another company who were slow and unreliable. I spoke to Vanessa from GI solar last week and she has put me on to Solarwise Wagga who have completed site visit and booked installation date this morning.

Experienced and courteous staffs

Very knowledgeable staff from sales to installer. Excellent website and review regarding panel and inverters.
Installed within stated timeframe and help hide the wiring to minimise visual impact on rest of the house.
Have hand in paperwork to retailer and keep me informed throughout the process.
Thank you!

Fantastic in every aspect. Very happy with my solar unit. Thank you very much

Very happy with my solar. And very handy having the app on my phone to monitor what my solar is producing. My bills have dropped dramatically! Thanks guys

A fantastic experience

I can't recommend GI Energy and Luke and his team highly enough. They were great to deal with, prompt, friendly and the intallation process went without a hitch. They use quality panels and inverters and give good back up service. The whole process from initial enquiries, quoting, design of the system and installation was no hassle at all. A job well done!

Waste of time

Peter the salesperson was fantastic. Took the time to understand my needs and quote exactly what I wanted. The company then failed to deliver... Anything.

4 weeks after deposit was paid I had heard nothing and had to chase them. The installer failed to even show up, then failed to return calls. They wouldn't put the install date in writing. They only answer emails when I threatened to cancel the job. Which I did. Now waiting for my deposit back.

We are sorry that we were unable to deliver the solar system you were promised.

Thank you for giving Peter the credit he deserves, he really is a caring individual who always gives our customers the best service possible.

Our installation team in your area unfortunately let us down which resulted in you wishing to cancel your installation. Understandably, we refunded your deposit right away. We have never, nor will we ever keep a customer's deposit due to a cancellation caused by delays outside of the customers control.

In 10-years of GI Energy installing solar systems, this is a first for us. We have now put new systems in place internally that prevent this from happening to customers in the future.

In relation to our own communication, we pride ourselves on great customer service and although our install team has not lived up to our usual high standards on this occasion, we have tried to communicate as effectively as possible with you during these delays.

Sorry again for not delivering on your solar, thank you for giving us the opportunity.

GI Energy are brilliant

GI Energy were by far the best. with the temporary shading issues we have, they gave us a solution that works being an enphase system, where others pushed to waste our money with a system that wouldn't cope with the shade. Tom and the team were awesome from the start and continue to give fantastic customer service.
We requested finance through Humm as Bright rejected an application, even though our income is more than adequate. The price below includes the total interest that Humm charges upfront.

Solargain refused to talk to us or give a quote without finding out the situation and based their decision off old photos of the property..

Excellent experience

Sales process was excellent. Came to our property and explained everything in detailing, highlighting much of what you say on your website. 13kw system installed on the day - no issues whatsoever. Just waiting to hook with my energy supplier to start getting the benefits of it. Very good experience overall.

Great job and price GI Energy.

Solar Quotes prompt and definitive. Three choices all replied and gave efficient quotes.

Install was on time and painless.

Had to reduce the number of cells due to lack of space on roof as determined by aerial calculation.
No quibbles on panel refund. Note: all the quotes made the same deduction on numbers.

Still waiting for new meter and grid connection. Not GI Energy's problem.

Good result all round. Thanks to all.

Quality, great value and super efficient install

GI Energy were excellent from start to finish. Stayed in contact and were professional and super-efficient. The local installer Ryzelect was excellent and it was a very neat install.

Original Review on 26-08-2020:

Expensive but hopefully worth it

Quoting process was done over the phone. Would have preferred someone visit us.
The guys who did the installation were really good.

8 months later we asked Brent: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Have had the solar for approximately 1 year, and haven't had any issues. The performance has certainly met our expectations.

Thoroughly Recommend this Company

We were happy with GI Energy with their professionalism from start to finish in helping us through the maze of understanding a solar system and how it all works and the benefits to be gained.

We were very happy with our choice of solar panel as we believe it is now one of the best on the market.

We were very impressed with the installers as they were very professional and worked without any mess left behind and gave us once again more advice on how the panels work and ran us through the complete system including the inverter.

We would thoroughly recommend this company and their panels as well as their installation company.

Gi Energy

Great experience from start to finish. Salesperson wasn't pushy and weren't trying to get us to buy something we didn't need.
Tradies were upfront and honest.
A few tiles were cracked in the process but they informed me straight away and they replaced them.
Very smooth process from start to finish.
Tradies cleaned up their mess and did a very neat and tidy job.

Unsatisfactory installation of inverter

I can't default the consultant Joel Atkins ,the quoting price is reasonable ..GI Energy uses Advanced Electrical Supply to install the product I am having issues with Advanced E.S., still waiting for them to fix or properly connect or re-align the connector hose to the inverter which is being held by rubber hose. I know this is wrong as I have another Sungrow inverter with all the right connection in place. They are not that friendly I have to ask for their names, & they didn't take extra precaution while walking on the roof, they broke more than 10 roof tiles & left a broken tile which was replaced now, also when they put the ladder, no cushion to protect the gutter I have to remind them to put something underneath the ladder for protection for my gutter. The first day of site inspection was windy, * ladder slide through the end of gutter end, & when we had rain, it leak. There are few more issues but the inverter connector hose is the priority one. I trusted Mr. Peacock with good reviews about GI Energy, hopefully this can be rectified. ... Thank You

We are sorry you are not entirely happy with your solar installation Evelyn. Your solar install was unfortunately planned to be installed when NSW experienced a 1 in 100 year storm which resulted in record levels of rain and major disruption to all services including solar installs. Despite our best efforts, we were not able to install through this weather and some solar arrays had to be rebooked to be completed safely after the chaos had passed. For your install specificall, we returned to complete your install 4 working days after it was originally planned. As much as we would love to be able to control the weather and never delay installations, sometimes it is just not possible to do so safely.

Unfortunately, with any work on concrete tile roofs, there is always a chance tiles can break. We always make customers aware of this verbally and in writing and ask customers to have spares tiles ready so we can replace any that are compromised when working on the roof. On this occasion, there were some tiles affected which we replaced with new ones promptly.

In relation to your comments about the inverter connection, you are correct, this was done differently to your other installation of which you sent us some photos. However, it was not installed incorrectly, unsafely or in an inferior way. The way your inverter was installed was using T rated Heavy Duty Conduit whereas the installation on your other property, which was completed by others, was installed using exposed UVrated cable. The reason we install our inverters this way is to add extra protection. The standards as to whether this extra protection is needed is down to interpretation. Whenever there is a "grey area" with standards our installation team will always include the extra protection over exposed cable, which is commonly seen as a much better installation practice, it may not look the same as your other one but there is a safety reason behind it. However, as we have discussed with you we can change this to suit your requirements if you prefer the aesthetics of having exposed cable like your other inverter.

We are always looking at ways of improving our install quality and customer experience and we have taken your comments very seriously.

At GI Energy, we will always follow through any concerns customers have with their solar system and we are committed to having happy customers. We are here to look after you and at the time of writing this response to your review we are organising for the inverter to be changed to meet your request.

Professional from the first call.

GI Energy.
The quoting process was very professional, informative and easy to understand. Installation was done by one person who was quick and tidy. He arrived on time and explained the process to me as well as the operation of the system and a few hints and tips with solar. Administration staff were very helpful and kept me up to date with the process. They helped to organise grid connection after the installation.
Highly recommend GI Energy.

job well done

yes to.all of the above.. everyone was punctual and polite and all went as we discussed. no bumos in the road..so far very happy with our instalation from beginning to end.

A cut above to others I spoke to

Great, from the outset of getting a few quotes it was clear GI are a professional organisation.
The BDM took time to explain everything and offer different options based on quality and budget. Others I dealt with asked me what I wanted and then just went on to be the cheapest quote.
GI's installer Darren was great, his attention to detail was outstanding and they went above to make sure the system not only worked correctly but also the install looked sharp and clean.
It's all working well and I can see it in real time on the app.
I would happily recommend GI to anyone looking for a solar set up.

Brilliant and excellent customer service.

Ordered a 10KW system which was installed a few weeks ago. Super friendly and helpful salesman (Matt Williams) who gave excellent advise.
Installation was as planned on the day, crew was on time and super friendly. These guys obviously know what they are doing and everything went smoothly. At the end they took the time to talk me through the setup and inverter and what they had changed. Can only recommend! Thank you!

solar

all work carried out promptly on the nominated day cleaned up after job framework holding panels maybe could have been cut a bit more equal lengths

No pressure sales and excellent installation

GI Energy provided me with exceptional customer service. Without any pressure, Peter from GI Energy set out my options for a 6.65 kW system without demanding I “sign up now!”. He patiently answered all questions and the quote was within my budget.

The installation was hassle-free - the team arrived exactly on time, kept me informed of what they were going to do, were so fast, and tidied everything up afterwards.

Overall experience was excellent

GI Energy came as a recommendation from a friend who was very happy with his installation. From the initial contact with Luke I confident that this was the right solar supplier for me. He was understanding of my situation and was patient until I made the decision to proceed. From there the communication with Luke, Vanessa and the installer was outstanding. Installation day went smoothly and the team did a great job without a hiccup. My north facing roof is visible from the street so aesthetics was an important factor for me as well and the end result exceeded my expectations. I am yet to receive a quarterly bill from my electricity provider which has the full solar generation benefit of my 8kW system but the partial solar bill I have received saw around 35% saving on my normal $1000 bill so I was very happy with that result. Overall I can highly recommend GI Energy to anybody who is considering a solar installation.

Solar Installation

I had the opporunity to communcate and deal with a wonderful team at GI Energy, from the office to the tradepeople who installed the solar system. They made it very easy by answering all my questions and talking me through the process from beginning to end. I would highly recommend the whole team at GI Energy.

Good customer service

Sales process was good but they didn't consider shade factors thoroughly.
I had to bring it to their attention.
Installation was very good....tidy but they siliconed a broken tile instead of replacing it
Grid connection currently being organised

I highly recomment GI Solar

The staff at GI solar were great, they had a range of products at good prices. The sales staff and follow up service were outstanding. I highly recommend them.

Great solar, great service

Super easy to deal with from getting a quote to the install. Would highly recommend this solar company.

5 Star Service - Highly Recommended

Excellent service from inital enquiry stage to completed installation from a friendly and professional team. Highly recommended.

Special care taken

After having our roof replaced recently, its Colorbond surface was left pristine, very fortunately. When we talked with friends about installing solar roof panels, a number expressed concern should accidental damage occur to the roof during their installation. We sought quotes from quality solar panel system installers. Some representatives were honestly uneasy about guaranteeing great care of the new roof surface.
To our delight, the firm which seemed to offer the best value overall also had a sincere, very well informed, honest and understanding representative. His promise of having the new roof surface respected during solar panel installation was fully honoured.
We highly recommend GI Energy (Brisbane) for arranging the thorough, careful installation of our solar roof panels and the rest of the system. Special thanks to R.W. for his close attention to detail, and for understanding and efficiently implementing our particular needs.

Good installation

Good
Polite,tidy,and punctual

Professional service

The sales person was extremely professional, making sure he understood our usage & requirements, and the communication throughout the whole process was excellent. The installers were punctual and also very professional.

Fantastic all round

Found GI energy on Google and went into the office to meet with Thomas who helped me understand the whole process and provided a quote that I accepted. The whole team helped me with getting through body corp and Vanessa was a pleasure to deal with for payments. The installation was an easy process. Very happy with everything and they're still helping me after install with other questions. Great company.

Fantastic company for product and to deal with

Great company to deal with, very professional from start to finish. took all the hassle out of organizing solar and dealt with everything each step of the way. Communication was excellent throughout and we are really happy with the system we have and above it all was excellent value for money for a really top system.
Matthew was a delight to deal with and i would highly recommend them to anyone seeking Solar

Very smooth process throughout

GI Energy's service was faultless from start to finish. The installers worked tirelessly and efficiently on an extremely hot day and, once installed, Tyson explained how the system operates. The installers arrived on time and were polite and tidy throughout. GI Admin, Vanessa, provided excellent customer support. Highly recommend GI Energy.

Looking forward to the savings

Got a 13.3 kw system installed on the 20/01/21 from GI Energy, very happy with the purchase process and the installation team were brilliant! Very happy with the way the panels look ( 38 ) on the house! As yet not sure of the savings but installers have said the savings will be massive. Only disappointing thing is the power I return to the grid I will get nothing for until someone comes out to inspect the installation on the 08/02/21 but that’s not GI Energy’s or the installers fault. Looking forward to the savings

Excellent service from initial contact to installation.

GI Energy was very professional throughout all stages from the initial contact to discuss our needs and desired outcomes, providing a comprehensive quote on the various options and taking the time to answer all my questions to assist in making the best decision for our situation. Once we were all signed up GI Energy confirmed the installation date and provided comprehensive information about the process and requirements to get us generating our own power. The electrical contractors that completed the installation were punctual, professional and courteous and did a quality job and the system looks great on the roof. We are now waiting to be connected through our electricity provider and within 3 weeks hope to be up and running.

Smooth install process when you consider the amount of rain we have had.

All went pretty smoothly. We already had existing system so were up and running as soon as install completed.

GI Energy

Thomas from sales was great, not too pushy ( I liked that)
The guy who installed the system was a day late , but these things happen and he was apologetic so that was ok. I had a lovey lady called Vanessa who took me through the rest of the process, she was excellent.
The only thing that I would recommend is if u need a smart meter installed, maybe it could be arranged before the solar is installed as it took a few week for my solar to be up and running after it was installed.
I would recommend GI energy