• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

Hawking Electrical Energy Solutions Pty Ltd Reviews

About Hawking Electrical Energy Solutions Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

Hawking Electrical have been trading as an Electrical Contractor here on the Gold Coast since 1990 and have been involved in the solar industry for the last 3 years. During this time we have developed a solar division in our business where the operations manager has been designing, installing and managing solar projects for the last 8 years.

Our company employs in excess of 60 staff members and we have approx. 38 electrical vehicles on the road. We sub-contract to some of the most active Home and Commercial Project Builders in South East Queensland.

We are Master Electricians.

We offer prompt and courteous staff, professional installations and realistic advice, competitive prices and obligation free quotes.

We pride ourselves on providing customers with the right information and solution for them. We do not just sell one size fits all systems. We tailor our solutions to each household and base our calculations on their consumption patterns.

Our inverters and solar panels are sourced from long standing reliable suppliers, we do not direct import. Combine that with our quality staff, 25 year trading history, ongoing electrical contracting work, solar experience, means we can truly offer you service and peace of mind over your warranty period.

We look forward to helping as many people as possible realise the benefits of going solar!

Hawking Electrical Energy Solutions Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

These guys really get what good customer service and value for money is all about! They give the best products at the best price the first time..... not like others who over inflate then keep reducing to get your business...Thanks Robert for your low pressure sale and honesty!

The guys who came to do the install did a great job.  Very happy with the work they did it was neat tidy and of a high standard.  They were also well presented, courteous, knowledgeable and efficient....everyone we dealt with was a real credit to your business!!  Very happy that we chose Hawking Solar to do our solar installation for us... we have already highly recommended them to friends who are looking into solar and great to support a local family owned business!!!
Salesperson was well versed in knowledge of his product and could demonstrate the pros and cons of the various combinations of panels and inverters. would definitely recommend them and would happily use them again. Show additional information
The advice provided on your sites is invaluable, it made understanding the whole solar nightmare easy to navigate from A to B. Show additional information
Salesman was all over me like a rash with many texts and phone calls to hussle up business, as soon as I signed I never heard from him again and things he told me didn’t happen. Also quoted then after I agreed went back on the price and put it up again and apologising for his mistake. The other people I spoke to and dealt with from Hawkings were excellent though... Show additional information
I chose Hawking electrical for the following reasons; a locally based established company, retailing high quality components whose operations had an Australian office, no pressure informed salesperson and face to face meeting, monitoring of the system after install, all personnel fronted as arranged. Show additional information
I am happy with Hawking so far from the initial duscussions, the followups and the installation was very professionally done. Everyrhing was explained in detail and the installers were open to accommodate my requests even at the last moment. Only negative was that they missed to include the smart meter I ordered, but promised to fix it asap.

I am happy with my purchase so far.
Today we had a Solar system fitted by Hawking Electrical Energy. From quotation to install everyone we dealt with was so pleasant and professional. This company really pays attention to the customer. Thoroughly recommended. Show additional information
Everyone did everything really well. Chase was patient and extremely knowledgeable and the simulation tools he bought and showed us were great to see. I learnt a great deal in our meeting.

I was kept up to date throughout the entire project and the installers were friendly and professional. My Wife and I couldn't be happier.
Awesome installing team Show additional information
Very professional & informative presentation with all quotes but outstanding visual & detailed quotes on systems by Hawking Solar. Flexible and open with inquiries made and an entire incident free process from initial consultation to installation. Very impressed from all quotes obtained through Solarquotes. I highly recommend Hawking Solar & extremely satisfied with our chosen system at a reasonable price.
Craig R
Installers were very professional and helpful. Explained everything on how system works and checking as I am unable to make use of the Wifi Show additional information
Would we recommend Hawking Electrical and Solar?
Yes without a doubt. In fact we have already recommended Hawking to our friends and neighbours.

Why?
Professionalism
Communication
Price

We came across Hawking when researching domestic solar systems as they were a recommended supplier and installer via Solarquotes (https://www.solarquotes.com.au). We approached Hawking and several other companies for quotes however from our initial chat with James (designer and head of customer service), Hawking's willingness to provide assistance, transparency, price, and most importantly communication was unparalleled.

James not only took the time to speak with us over the phone on several occasions regarding our options, pros and cons of each, costs, and expected cost recovery period but also followed up with a face to face meeting at a time that was convenient for us. Nothing was a hassle for James even when we requested multiple proposals so that we could compare and assess which solution best suited our needs and budget.

Once we chose the best solution for us and signed the contract, the team at Hawking immediately got the ball rolling internally and with third parties (i.e. Energex), including booking our installation date at the time we paid the deposit. We were kept informed of what was expected to occur and when which meant we were not left wondering what, if anything was happening.

The day prior to installation the team reconfirmed the booking, provided an estimated time of arrival and were there as expected. The installation team (Jack, Michael and Julianno) that arrived on the day were extremely approachable, professional, courteous with nothing being a problem. The install was very neat and everything was left as clean and tidy as it was when they arrived.

Based on our experience to date, we have no hesitation in recommending Hawking Electrical and Solar.
Got several quotes and Hawking's proposal was the most tailored to my needs and was well priced for the quality of the panels and inverter. The installation was carried out quickly and to a high standard. The office support for the paperwork which had to be submitted to Energex was done promptly and I was connected to the grid quickly.

I payed extra for a a power meter to track consumption and there was an issue in that my shed where the inverter was installed had its own electrical board, meaning consumption was only monitored for the shed and not the entire house. I only had to ask and Hawking stepped up right away, contacting the the power meters manufacturer and sourcing a trick communications module that enabled the power meter to be installed at the main board and wirelessly transmit data to the inverter. Their operations manager who is an electrical engineer came out to install part of the communication hardware and fine tune the installation. I paid cost price for the communication module with no additional charges for the electricians and engineers visits. How a company responds to a problem is a true test of their commitment to customer service and Hawking excelled.

I am very happy with my choice of Hawking Electrical and Solar. All the staff were experienced and efficient and I highly recommend them.
Very happy with my REC Twin Peak Series II 6.4kw panels combined with Fronius Primo 5.0 inverter, should have done it sooner. Neat and tidy installation with good quality materials used down to stainless steel zip ties. Very pleased with a high quality system, professional install at a very competitive price. Show additional information
Installation is in 2 weeks, sales team were good and helpful as I went back and asked questions and got them to do 3 quotes before I settled. Show additional information
Enphase wanted $300 to have access to full monitoring. Show additional information
Had a very bad stressful experience with Hawking Electrical. A long drawn out saga, the EWR was not put in until I called 3 weeks after they said it had been put in only to find out it was sitting in a saved folder. To compensate, an offer was made by them to pay some of my first electricity bill, which became a drama in itself. The rigmarole I had to go through and the way I was treated was not conducive to good customer service. Thankfully Cathy Hawking herself stepped in to remedy the matter. I did not ask for compensation, it was offered, but they didn’t make it easy. Show additional information
Very helpful. these guys have their own electricians and did a great job. The blokes who did the install were professional and polite.

Very happy
From quote thru instalation to handover the Hawking people have been terrific. Show additional information
We were happy with the whole process.
Our roof was complex as it has exposed beams, the installers did a terrific job mounting the panels.
The sales person from Hawking Solar, Keith, spent time explaining the process and answering all our questions in a very professional and friendly manner. The installation was fuss free and after sales service exemplary. I would certainly recommend Hawking Solar to anyone in the market for solar for their home. Show additional information
After a problem with the Clean Energy Commision inspectors shutting down my system, Jason, from Hawking Electrical had me back on the air quick- smart. I'm very grateful that he was there when needed. Conversly it took nearly two weeks to track down the Clean Energy people to report the negligence of their inspectors. I would also like to thank Solar Quotes for their original recommendation. Show additional information
The installers, were;
Professional courteous
Polite
Clean
Well spoken
Presented well
Knowledgeable
The installation team were professional and cleaned up after themselves in such a way that you wouldn't know they had been .
I have since recommended Hawkings and the system to a neighbour who has also gone with Hawkings
Thank you for all your insight. Show additional information
I can recommend this business
The usual problems and issues arose.
They were dealt with in a professional manner.
My neighbor has signed up with them, he is only weeks away from his install.
The initial quote was very good and provided significantly more detail and information than the 2 other quotes. Follow-up requests for additional information were also answered quickly. After deciding to go with Hawking Solar however, the information has tended to 'dry up' - I have had to chase them for information and updates on the installation.
1. As part of the installation I wanted a plug installed in the house switch-board so that I could connect my portable generator to the house in the case of a power outage - They obviously didn't want to do this because I was continually 'fobbed off', before finally given a ridiculously high quote for an additional $600 for the plug installation.
2. I was expecting to get the installation before Christmas however when I hadn't heard anything I rang Hawking at 0940 yesterday morning - Told that they would call me back within 5 minutes. I didn't get a call-back as promised, but did get an email (finally) at 1434 telling me that they couldn't do the install before 11 Jan 18! I have however, been assured that I will not be out of pocket for the delay in the installation.
I understand that there can be unavoidable delays but from a customer service point of view they do need to tell the customer 'up front' rather than the customer having to 'chase them" for information.
3. A roof tile was broken while the installers were installing the 'rails'. The following evening we had two heavy showers of rain which allowed water to soak through the ceiling of the lounge (x2). I rang Hawking and they sent out an installer first thing the next morning to find the leak (and ultimately replace the tile). Hopefully the only damage is the stain to the ceiling but I have asked for it to be checked out to ensure that the integrety of the plaster has not been compromised. I exepect that this will be done at the time of the final installlation.
Not the cheapest, but Hawking Solar proposed a system with high quality PV panels and micro inverters and support it with good after sales service. However, it hasn't been installed yet, so I can only hope it and they perform as well as they say they will. Show additional information