• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

Hawking Electrical Reviews

About Hawking Electrical, Solar Installers

Hawking Electrical have been trading as an Electrical Contractor here on the Gold Coast since 1990 and have been involved in the solar industry for the last 3 years. During this time we have developed a solar division in our business where the operations manager has been designing, installing and managing solar projects for the last 8 years.

Our company employs in excess of 60 staff members and we have approx. 38 electrical vehicles on the road. We sub-contract to some of the most active Home and Commercial Project Builders in South East Queensland.
We are Master Electricians.

We offer prompt and courteous staff, professional installations and realistic advice, competitive prices and obligation free quotes.

We pride ourselves on providing customers with the right information and solution for them. We do not just sell one size fits all systems. We tailor our solutions to each household and base our calculations on their consumption patterns.
Our inverters and solar panels are sourced from long standing reliable suppliers, we do not direct import. Combine that with our quality staff, 25 year trading history, ongoing electrical contracting work, solar experience, means we can truly offer you service and peace of mind over your warranty period.

We look forward to helping as many people as possible realise the benefits of going solar!

Hawking Electrical Solar Reviews

Installation is in 2 weeks, sales team were good and helpful as I went back and asked questions and got them to do 3 quotes before I settled. Show additional information
Enphase wanted $300 to have access to full monitoring. Show additional information
Had a very bad stressful experience with Hawking Electrical. A long drawn out saga, the EWR was not put in until I called 3 weeks after they said it had been put in only to find out it was sitting in a saved folder. To compensate, an offer was made by them to pay some of my first electricity bill, which became a drama in itself. The rigmarole I had to go through and the way I was treated was not conducive to good customer service. Thankfully Cathy Hawking herself stepped in to remedy the matter. I did not ask for compensation, it was offered, but they didn’t make it easy. Show additional information
Very helpful. these guys have their own electricians and did a great job. The blokes who did the install were professional and polite.

Very happy
From quote thru instalation to handover the Hawking people have been terrific. Show additional information
We were happy with the whole process.
Our roof was complex as it has exposed beams, the installers did a terrific job mounting the panels.
The sales person from Hawking Solar, Keith, spent time explaining the process and answering all our questions in a very professional and friendly manner. The installation was fuss free and after sales service exemplary. I would certainly recommend Hawking Solar to anyone in the market for solar for their home. Show additional information
After a problem with the Clean Energy Commision inspectors shutting down my system, Jason, from Hawking Electrical had me back on the air quick- smart. I'm very grateful that he was there when needed. Conversly it took nearly two weeks to track down the Clean Energy people to report the negligence of their inspectors. I would also like to thank Solar Quotes for their original recommendation. Show additional information
The installers, were;
Professional courteous
Polite
Clean
Well spoken
Presented well
Knowledgeable
The installation team were professional and cleaned up after themselves in such a way that you wouldn't know they had been .
I have since recommended Hawkings and the system to a neighbour who has also gone with Hawkings
Thank you for all your insight. Show additional information
I can recommend this business
The usual problems and issues arose.
They were dealt with in a professional manner.
My neighbor has signed up with them, he is only weeks away from his install.
Not the cheapest, but Hawking Solar proposed a system with high quality PV panels and micro inverters and support it with good after sales service. However, it hasn't been installed yet, so I can only hope it and they perform as well as they say they will. Show additional information
As soon as the deposit was paid, the company contacted Energex who instantly (within hours) approved the system and installation was carried out within a week. The installation was carried out by 4 people in less than 4 hrs.
The work site was cleaned up and everything was carried out courteously and professionally.
I recommend them warmly to anybody who wants to install a reliable pv system.
Now we await Energex to change the meter box to enable metered infeed to grid. We have not heard from them yet.
Have some shading issues and Hawking Solar puts some effort into determining and evaluating potential solutions. Show additional information
Hawking's rep Chase Marshall was brilliant with the entire sales process very knowledgeable and gave us the best deal that he could on a 6.12Kw Micro-inverter system with 18 340 watt JA panels and Enphase inverter system.

This installation is currently producing 24-27 Kws per day in the winter!!!!!!!!

There was a slight installation hiccup but Jack the installer fell over himself resolving the problem as did the rest of the staff at Hawking Solar.

I have no hesitation in recommending Hawking Solar to anyone that is considering in investing in a solar system and I am actively promoting them to anyone who asks me.
Failure on installer's part to secure parts required meant that I had to wait 2 weeks between start of job and completion. That cost me money as I had a 50 cent rebate applying on a previous system which they removed prematurely. Show additional information
No, Other than to say I am satisfied that the installation went yet have not seen the next power bill. The positioning of 2.56 kw system was excellent as for discreet installation,. Efficiently installed on day agreed. Trust all goes well here as it is the first time I have ever used the Solar concept and the deal originating from this site as to how to go about things. Show additional information
I am so glad I chose Hawking. So much more open helpful communication In contrast to clever sales techniques and applied psychology from another. This was despite a learner salesman. Show additional information
Hawking solar were able to supply a great solar package that included the enphase micro inverters for the same cost as a traditional inverter. Show additional information
After receiving 3 quotes via solar quotes website, Hawking Electrical was one of them. Out of all 3 I contacted they provided a VERY comprehensive report for my property, had the best price and products I wanted and were not pushy AT ALL with selling me their service. The 2 guys who came out to fit the solar did so even when I thought the wet weather would mean I'd have to wait a lot longer. The installation was done within weeks of contacting Hawking and the guys were very professional.

Although this is not directly related to Hawking Electrical, the one issue I've found while doing my solar research is that no one has yet been able to tell me how much Energex will charge for the meter installation. I realise it depends on the type of meter you have. I've still no idea how much it will be but apparently it will be added to my next power bill??

Energex took 4 weeks to come out and change my meter before I could start using my solar :(

As for Hawking Electrical, I would recommend these guys every day of the week! They did a fantastic job.

Thank you, Andrew!

We always strive to do our best for our customers so your feedback is wholeheartedly appreciated.

please let us know if you any further solar or storage needs.
The staff were very knowledgeable about products available. They offered a good quality system at a better price. Had an issue after installation, but able to talk to staff and quickly resolve it. Show additional information
Both Hawkins and CSA reps were good, down to earth, straight talking. Show additional information
I had two suppliers respond within a couple of days to make an appointment, but Hawking (who were the successful supplier) took almost 2 weeks to contact me.
When I mentioned to Hawking that I had given up on them they said that they had received notification from Solar Quotes only the day before, so I went ahead and got them to arrange a quote for me.
It appears that there may be a small glitch in Solar Quotes email notification system to the suppliers.
Overall very happy with the installation. The salesman was easy going and knowledgable, the "boys" that did the install were professional and tidy and the office did a smooth financial transaction.
One thing I would like to make special mention. I did a part payment and financed the rest, roughly half and half.
Keith the Hawking salesman put me onto Community First Credit Union for a 'Green Loan'
They are providing personal loans for 'green' projects at only 6.99% interest, $190 establishment fee and no other fees. I'm in Queensland and CFCU operate on the NSW central coast and northern Sydney, but will do loans all over Australia. It worked out better than some of the 'interest free deals' that I was offered.
Energex seem a bit lax in changing the meter over to solar. I rang them a week after the installation to check my status and they had no listing of me in their queue, so I rang Hawking who could produce evidence of informing Energex on the install day, and then surprise surprise, an email from Energex about 1 hour later telling me I now had a work order number. Hmmm....I thought privatised government monopolies were supposed to be more efficient....lol.
So now its 2 weeks since install everything is all done, except waiting for Energex to update the meter. Grrrr
Very happy with Solar Quotes, the website allows you to distil out all the information you need without too much clutter.
I am a retired engineering Technical Officer and I suppose I might have an advantage over a layman as I can read and understand technical specifications but the website allowed me to go straight to what a was looking for without any of the marketing hype.
I can strongly recommend both Hawking Solar and Solar Quotes.
No Show additional information
I have not been hooked up to Solar yet. It happens on Friday 6/1/2017. Energex has been a bit behind in getting people connected.

I can't wait for it to kick in as it has been quite hot here the last few days and I have been using air con a lot.