Infinite Energy Reviews

About Infinite Energy, Solar Installers

Infinite Energy is one of the leading providers of solar energy systems in Australia for both residential and commercial applications. WA owned and operated with a head office and solar panel test facility located in South Perth, Infinite Energy has installed solar on over 8,000 homes, businesses and government facilities since being founded in 2009.

Dedicated to only stocking the highest quality products on the market, Infinite Energy stocks panels from SunPower, WINAICO and Canadian Solar, and inverters from Fronius, SolarEdge and SMA. Infinite Energy is also an approved Tesla Powerwall reseller, and in 2016 installed the first ever Powerwall in WA. Infinite Energy also stock solar batteries from Fronius and LG.

Infinite Energy is committed to delivering cheaper and cleaner energy to Australian homes and businesses through its five major divisions:
- Solar
- Battery Storage
- Electricity
- Embedded Networks
- Electric Vehicle Chargers

Notable projects include:
- WA Parliament House (17kW)
- Curtin University (50kW)
- UWA Business School (40kW)
- RAC WA (100kW)
- Sandalford Wines (100kW)
- Broadway Fair Shopping Centre (312kW)
- Sacred Heart College (94kW)

Infinite Energy Solar Reviews

Your service of information was extremely useful in discussion with other companies.
Shame only CBA gave us the quote and the other 2 didn't even follow up when left messages.
Infinite Energy we came across through locals that had also installed solar panel and they are more than happy to do the travel. Been great.
Solar Hart came out then failed to provide the quote with us.
Again it is a weakness on companies to want business and companies thinking customers are dreamers and not serious of what they want.

You have done well and appreciate your help in this step forward for us of saving money.

Thanks Again
Linda
We printed out the information on your webpage and took it along to the meeting. The representative was impressed by the questions we asked and wondered if they had come from Finn Peacock! He was happy to go through the package and we could compare what he said with the information you provided regarding makes of solar panels and inverters. We have also gone for a solar hot water system using a heat pump. In for a penny ... Show additional information
About 3 years ago we bought this sytem to add to an existing 1.6 kw. All trouble-free until the inverter failed last year. Again, InfiniteEnergy was immediately on the case to get the replacement (although the manufacturer -- ABB -- lost the order at one stage, causing delays).
I would definitely use Infinite again.
We chose the Sunpower panels for the longer (25 years) product warranty in addition to the usual 25 years performance warranty. We are close to the beach and corrosion is a real problem. Also, as the Sunpower panels are more efficient, we didn't need as many panels on the roof (20 vs 24).

The installation team were great, arrived when they were supposed to, were very friendly and communicated well about what they were doing and sought my input whenever they had a query about location of equipment etc. Due to the high winds that had come up by the time they were ready to put the panels up, for safety reasons, they had to come back another day and again they were on time and kept me informed.

There were some teething problems with the technology communicating between the inverter, the smart meter, Fronius Ap and Fronius website for the first few weeks, but with help from Infinite Energy, a Whirlpool forum and a bit of trial and error we eventually got it working. We can now monitor our production and consumption and analyse how much energy each appliance is using. This was very frustrating at the time and could have been managed better by Infinite and the installers.

While the system has only been in for a little over a month, thus far we are very happy with the outcome.
The sales rep, Justin, was excellent, returning my emails promptly - right up to when I paid the full cost, then crickets. My emails were ignored. I paid just after the installation to take advantage of a $50 discount, but Infinite Energy had not yet connected my Solar Edge Inverter to the Solar Edge web site so that I could get readings. That took another 4 days, after I managed to contact another Infinite Energy rep. However, it seems that I'm not entitled to monitor data from individual panels, only the inverter, but Infinite Energy does the panel monitoring instead.

Otherwise I'm happy with my system (Solar Edge SE5000 Backup inverter with 19 Canadian Solar panels). I hope to install a 5kWh battery when the prices have dropped somewhat.
1) Salesman gave a professional presentation, came armed with technical data sheets, and the next morning emailed me quotes comparing 3 systems
2) Bureaucracy at Synergy (W Australia) unbelieveable-delayed process by over a week
3) Application lodged with Western Power mid-December 2016. Still awaiting installation approval mid-January 2017
Your site was extremely helpful and I would just like to say thank you and keep up the good work. Show additional information
Be careful what you are told about adding to an existing system. There is a lot of advice out there and not all is true. There seems to be a lot of confusion about what can and can't be done especially when rebates are involved. Show additional information
Just that we are very pleased Show additional information
Only one company turned up to quote. On the positive, they have bene very professional to this point (system not yet installed). Show additional information
James was excellent in his sales pitch and extremely helpful after installation in setting up the wifi Overall Infinite Energy were extremely professional and easy to work with Show additional information
A briefing email was forwarded outlining the various aspects of the installation process. Expected time of arrival and completion of the installation process. Forewarning of any potential problems that may occur ie; Broken roof tiles and having spare tiles on hand if required ( 2 in my case ), Inverter placement etc.
On completion of the installation process I was taken through the setup procedures for connection to my WiFi system and now have instant feedback on how the system is operating.
Overall the process was handled with smooth efficiency and I was very happy with the workmanship of the crew involved.
Thanks for all your advice Finn, it really helped!! without your impartial advice I would have been lost. Show additional information
This is a solid company in for the long haul. They aren't the cheapest but they are value for money, using quality components. I have used their main rival in WA for another system in rural WA and there is variation across companies. Part of the problem is the sales people who don't have enough specialist knowledge and have a formulaic approach to problems. (eg partial shading: "use microinverters"). Just ask to be put through to the technical people if this happens, as you are still doshing out a fair bit of money. I reckon $3900 for a Fronius inverter and Canadian Solar panels for 3kW is fair value (just don't show me this in a year's time). Show additional information
Would be better to do this after the installation. Show additional information
It's a minefield out there and even with lots of research we were never sure of who to select as our supplier. This website really helped us with our decision making process. Job now done so now we wait!! Show additional information
We were very happy with everything. but i am still waiting for the paperwork regarding warranty etc. assuming we are supposed to get some?. i have asked once and it has been some time. Show additional information
Infinite Energy were excellent. They were ready to install the system in just over a week from signing up.
All the information they provided was accurate and detailed.
Price was very competitive - I had another supplier quote the same system components and they were more than 30% more expensive.
Installers arrived on time and the install was very quick and professionally done.
All round a very positive experience
I chose a 12kW system that is battery ready (Sunpower panels plus Fronius hybrid inverter) in order to try to 'future proof'. Batteries later. 25 year warranty on panels and 10 year warranty on inverter(s).

It isn't installed yet - hopefully I haven't cocked up. Happy to report the outcome if you want!
Well presented, very personable young salesman who seemed to know about and understand the product he was selling.
The team that installed the system were efficient, organised, quiet and careful not to cause inconvenience for me. They did nit leave any mess for bits of wire. metal and rubbish behind them.
My experience with Infinite Energy, from my initial phone call to the completed installation was all positive. I would certainly recommend the company.
Pretty easy experience all the companies recommended by you were of the highest standard with no pushy sales pitch, all informative and all very professional. The only difference in the end between the thre companies was one was recommended by a friend and we saw there work so we went with them. Show additional information
Being in a coastal location quality and durability were very important considerations in the final selection of our system. Show additional information
They were always willing to take phone calls and answer any questions no matter how small or silly,would recommend them highly Show additional information
Infinite listened to what I wanted and offered several options. Others just offered the cheapest option with cheap equipment. Show additional information
Very pleased with Infinite Energy their very professional and helpful Installers and backup to date.
I most certainly recommend them.
Infinite Energy were the only ones to actually come on site - the others were good but only quoted by remote using aerial photographs of the house.
No Show additional information
we went for Infinite Energy in the end because of being local and helpful sale reps. System was installed very well also. would have given 5 out of 5 if they were a bit more hands on in helping to set up monitoring programs instead of just sending links to YouTube. Overall very happy with the system. Show additional information
No pushy salesman-as with others. Good info given. would recommend Show additional information
Installed yesterday 07 07 2016. The big wait was for the regulatory meter.
The choice of Infinite Energy taken because of the knowledge and professionalism of the sales person and the backup offered,
Warranties etc. as advised by Solar Quotes to check out. The questions to ask list provided by Finn's team was invaluable when making the choice.
I finally went for quality and warranty provided by this company. Service is good and follow up also good Show additional information
They are Clean Energy Council Certified (not just approved)
Installer which is not an easy certification to get , it made the difference in the end. The list of companies is on their website and it is not a huge list, it takes a commitment from the company to get it.
We haven't actually had our system installed yet - a small oversight from the supplier, and one to be aware of. We have shingle style concrete tiles, and they are very brittle. On the day of installation the subcontractors turned up with the wrong brackets. The overlap on the shingle tiles is longer than standard tiles so the length of the bracket didn't extend to the bottom of the tile. We got given the option of using screw-in type brackets used for corrugated iron roofes. Given our tiles are so brittle, this was certainly not an option for us to even attempt to drill 40-odd holes into the existing roof tiles. We turned them away on the premise that if we couldn't get the extended brackets for concrete tiles we would not be putting anything on our roof. Two weeks later I had a call back from Infinite Energy saying they had the new brackets and they are ready to install. At this stage we are just waiting on delivery of some extra roof tiles before we go ahead with it.
Other than that, everything else has gone through uneventfully. The Fronius inverter was installed on the original installation day. Our panels will be Canadian. The Fronius/Canadian combo is one that Infinite likes to use. In addition, Infinite has designed a system that it will be relatively easy to add some more panels and a battery in 3-5 years time.
The reason we went with Infinite Energy over the other companies was because right up front, they gave us a competitive quote on a quality system. Also of equally high importance was that the company itself looks like they should be around for the long term. Thirdly, the salesman was professional and incredibly passionate about solar energy! He was the only one who gave us a design with the potential for 'adding on' down the track. Perhaps all the designs have this capacity, but it was something only he placed as of high importance with choosing the right inverter and panel placement etc.
We started our solar journey with 3 quotes from this website, and our final decision was between Infinite and Solargain (Solargain being one of the companies from the original '3 quotes'). We also obtained several other quotes. In the end it became abundantly clear who the Cowboys were from the real deal. Having gone through this process, I believe for your own peace of mind it is definitely worth the extra effort in learning about the different systems on offer - otherwise you can't tell who the Cowboys are!
We would have also been happy to go with Solargain - as a reputable company offering a quality system. The reason Infinite got the contract was because right from the get go, they gave us a good price and wanted the job. Solargain ended up coming back with 3 prices, and their starting price was excessively high.
We are very much looking forward to getting our system up and running, and we have no doubt it will be exactly as promised based on our experience with Infinite so far. We are also already looking forward to working with Infinite again a few years down the track when batteries become more affordable.
Infinity energy were not the cheapest quote but provided me with all the info I wanted and did so quickly, politely and efficiently. Show additional information