MLEC Solar

MLEC Solar Reviews

JAN 28, 2021:

MLEC Solar is a relatively new business, established
to operate the solar division of MLEC Contracting, a business registered from 28 Oct 2014.

The Company Morrison Group Holdings Pty Ltd ABN 44 602 055 569 is also associated to the Company MLEC Group Pty Ltd ABN 77 642 267 310 and to the Company Now Solar Pty Ltd ABN 17 622 151 937.

They also advise:

We have a large team of electricians, specialising in general electrical, solar, communications and air conditioning.  WA Electrical Contractor Licence EC 11449.

We specialize in high quality, safe and cost effective electrical installations right across Western Australia.

Our team provides the highest quality installations for residential and commercial clients. MLEC are dedicated to providing the highest quality electricians you can trust.

We take pride in our work, and in the relationships we build with our clients. Just like them, we want to make sure you’re satisfied with our service, that you think of us first time and every time you need an electrician.

If you need a professional electrician anywhere in Western Australia make MLEC your first choice.

Reviewers report paying: $5,000 - $7,699 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

MLEC Solar Reviews (57)

4.4/5

4.3/5

4.4/5

Prompt and honest service. Installed within 3weeks from quotation.

Milec was prompt to quote, followed up and had the system installed in under 3weeks.

Original Review on 04-10-2021:

Excellent installation

MLEC we’re very good in terms of information supplied and the quote was very competitive. All quotations missed the fact that whilst I have 3 phase power at the meter and in my workshop, my house was only single phase. MLEC arrived on time, with a 3 phase inverter but this was identified and rectified immediately with no delay in the installation. The price was then adjusted accordingly.
Installation was quick and effective.

8 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

New Solar Installation

Generally a good service across the board, provided an excellent solution to my requirements.

3 phase 10kw and battery/s

Luke visited us and delivered us a truthful quote on a large system and battery with option of more batteries, Luke is one of the best reps I have delt with which will sit well with MLEC.
I had a 10kw and battery system fitted which matched with the 3 phase of my house, the teams that fitted the system were very helpful, polite, but most of all the quality of workmanship was to a very high standard, the sparky advised I needed some extra devices to prevent panel string drop out due to shade, had them fitted,.
The system has now been working for my property and providing electrical power and I should see the benifits of the system for the future.
With the app you get real time generation and power consumption for the property and battery state which will help the home owner use power wisely and leisurely, well worth the expense as it will take a few years to pay it self off but in the long term good for me.
The inverter and battery set is neat in appearance not overly large fits in well with the house outside decor.
The inverter is a very radio quiet unit with minimal spurious noise for AM and hf, short wave reception.
All in all I would recommend MLEC for a solar system.
The only dampener was MLEC were held up by the power company and govt by fitting monitoring devices to inverters and taking their time.
Once cleared from power company holdups and govt red tape MLEC set a install date and did the job to perfection
I will consider a second battery

Not that great

Had to get them to come back after install to fix incorrect inverter setup
working good now.

Happy Customer

Everything went very well and a very smooth and professional process.

Very good company to work with. Local salesman first up, and great installers.

Installation amazing. Arrived on time, completed the task, and were gone. All lads very polite and did over and above what was expected.

Bad Service, Poor Communication, Misleading Sales

After spending $30000 on a solar installation, And explaining what we will be using this for they installed a system, and it's costing me more now.

They throw their shoulder up and says Mate it's done and they installed the system, Have never experienced such bad service in my life.

I will NOT recommend them at all they have no idea what they doing and the electricians have no knowledge of working out the usage needed.

Hi Lenard.

Thanks for taking the time to outline your concerns. Since your initial review of our services was a 5 star positive one, my understanding is that the frustrations you have outlined above lie with the performance of your system since then. After opening an investigation into your case, I have found that we have taken the following steps in attempting to rectify your concerns: -Outlined and explained the power production to you -Offered to come to your property and test the energy draw & recommend a solution if necessary -Explained the system performance estimate that was sent with your supplied quote, which demonstrated that during the indicated estimated time period, the system performed well within the estimates we provided to you at the time of quoting. -Offered to come and walk you through the monitoring system for your solar setup. Following up from this, Company Director Ben Morrison personally came out to site and verified the solar system supplied to you was working, and found that it was producing power corresponding to the estimate we provided you at time of sale. He also provided reasoning for the circumstances that have created your high power bill, and attended site to confirm the load. Furthermore, Ben offered you an alternate way you can have the bill verified by a third party provider in Synergy. Ben is a highly experienced, highly qualified electrician who is CEC certified and has overseen countless commercial installations just like your own. He has been open in his communications with you, and has made several attempts to rectify your concerns. We understand that you are unhappy with your Synergy bills, however MLEC Solar is not responsible for the power costs that occur after the system is installed. Despite this, we have made efforts to rectify your concerns, and hope we can find an adequate resolution together.

Poor installation

Not happy with how they have installed our solar, rang and told them to basically been told to deal with it not happy at all, installers have left wire and rubbish in our garden and on the roof.

Cables in conduct outside and all saddles not evenly space with different screws in each saddle, to pay for what we got is just really poor on workmanship and not professional as they say.

Great install system works well

Solar quotes provided me with great information regarding Solar and as such helped e make an informed decision about install company

Good installer, with a good package, very quick to install, less than 1 week from saying yes.

On site quote, explained what I needed to know, arrived on time and polite, everything was organized, install team arrived on time and finished earlier than expected.

Original Review on 09-05-2021:

Somewhat confusing

Quote was clear and prompt. I signed agreement with Now Solar but installation was completed by MLEC.

Installers were polite, tidy and punctual. Panel layout was not done according to diagram which was dissappointing
as it reduced exposure to sunlight. Fronius inverter malfunctioned on second day throwing RCD. Crew attended later that day and checked that all was safe. New unit will be installed 1 week after incident.

MLEC organized the grid connection which was done on same day as installation

8 months later we asked Diane: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Since the repositioning and optimiser addition increase in power production and decrease in use of outside power has been very satisfactory.

Outback Superstars. Very professional.

I don't want to sound like the President of their Fan Club however Ben and his team, Jake, Mass and Simon are a great specialist crew that arrived when they said and did the job like they said they would.
It is very difficult to get professional tradies out in the bush.
Nothing was a problem for these guys.
They are polite and left the site clean.
The installation even looks good and very neat.
We are breathing new life into a forgotten and abandoned homestead in the Australian outback and we recommend these guys if you want to reduce your power bills and carbon footprint like we have.

Fairly average operators

MLEC sent out their sales rep and installation expert, a week before installation, and we spent a whole 2 hrs with him. He was very good, and explained everything in detail.

What impressed us most was, he pulled up the Google satellite views of the house roof, and went to great pains to produce his software programme, whereby he could measure and position the panels on the roof.

We have had trouble with shading of the 8 panels on the rear of the house in Winter, with the previous 1.5Kw system, so we ensured the new panels for the MLEC 6.6Kw system were positioned, spread over the rear and NW side of the house.

Lo and behold, their installation team turn up, and they position 12 of the 18 panels on the rear of the house - lower down than the previous panels - where they can get fully shaded in Winter!

There was no consultation with us as regards positioning, no reference to anything that the installation rep had drawn up!

We wasted a whole 2 hours of installation designing, all for nothing!
The system is working O.K. for now, because it's Spring, and we don't have shading problems at present. But come Winter, we'll probably be down 20% or 25% on power generation, because of the poor panel positioning!

I personally think this company is pretty average as regards meeting customer satisfaction.

The office sent out "warranty and data" information - which wasn't attached to the email! I had to tell them they'd forgotten to attach it - so another person sent it - and all it was, was a factory panel and inverter brochure!

No-one has contacted us to ask if we're happy with the completed installation, or whether there are any problems. So follow up with this company is non-existent.

The system is supposed to be 5Kw, but we've never seen more than 4.85Kw generated in the 5 days since it was installed - and the system has been in full sun and we had a 33 deg day.

The "Solarman" app that MLEC provide for wireless connection is pretty useless, you can't adjust any settings on it, you can't enlarge any of the graphs to see the fine detail, it's the most pathetic app I've encountered in a long time.

Overall, I'd give this company a 3 out of 5, and I'll be surprised if they're still in business in 5 yrs time - meaning our 20 MLEC warranty is probably pretty useless.

Quick and smooth transition

Well done team!! Very smooth and efficient, tidy, punctual and quick process throughout!! Darren was very knowledgeable, friendly and patient with us! Thank you Darren :)

Took some time, but worth it in the end...

The sale process was okay. Should have put more emphasis on back up strategy and expectations during a grid outage.

Installation team (ended up with 3 different groups) were all great. Professional and listened to all concerns.

Customer service is average. I had some issues with the product from day 1 and it took longer to be resolved then it needed to take. However, in the end I got what I wanted and am very happy.

Original Review on 16-11-2020:

Most satisfied

Very professional sales person. After a few hiccups, the installation was installed to our satisfaction. The installers were all polite and tidy and everything so far seems to be going well. Original ratings

7 months later we asked Sylvia: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I can't really speak for the quality of the panels, battery or inverter as we havent really been able to determine whether the product is working effectively. We had issues overall firstly with the installation not going in the agreed position (put in a stupid place) when accepting job. It was partially moved after discussion yet we still do not seem to be getting the return we were told we would get on a worst case scenario.
Overall, this was an expensive exercise for little to no return. Very disappointed.

Original Review on 14-10-2020:

Quality parts and panels

Quotation was excellent, installation forgot to hand paper work over and cut half of the house power off due to one wire in the incorrect spot. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Geoff: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes so far so good how ever we are in an area with poor wifi, therefore I would have liked an inverter that also showed its performance as well

Timely install

Got messed around trying to schedule a site visit, it was all set for a Saturday then just prior got told they don't do Saturday meetings in person.
Other than that it all went well, just waiting for the WiFi setup to happen so we can see if the system is working.
Salesperson was good to deal with, install was neat and timely.

Original Review on 03-10-2020:

Good throughout

Sales and quoting was very prompt with very competitive pricing. The tiles on our roof are not very robust and hard to find replacements indeed we couldn’t find any prior to the install. Inevitably installation resulted in quite a few roof tiles broken but MLEC were able to very quickly find replacements (when we could not) and replace the broken tiles. All staff were very friendly and cleaned up to a high standard. Would recommend. Original ratings

8 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Fantastic service, friendly installer and reliability on time, clean and tidy after installation.

Fantastic service, friendly and reliability on time clean and tidy after installation.

Original Review on 20-09-2020:

Easy to deal with, simple explanations

Shannon was great to deal with. She looked at what our bills were and broke the bill down to show us what we could expect. The installation guys were good, slight issue with polarity error but easily fixed. Overall happy with the service and price. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Samuel: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it has, hassle free and easy to track performance.

Original Review on 21-09-2020:

Very good value for money

Installers were punctual and efficient. Customer service was excellent including follow up calls.
Very happy with the system.

8 months later we asked Stephen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Exceeded them

Would never recommend MLEC Solar

Installation cut 2 holes in our ceiling and also cut a hole in our brand new corrugated roof which they did not tell us. Good thing the air-conditioning Installation guys seen it and took photos and told us straight away as there was rain coming.

Took ages to get through to anyone to help us and they would never leave a message when returning your call. I emailed them plenty of photos and there was only one customer service lady that actually went out of her way to help.

Over a month after Installation they finally sent someone to fix the roof which consisted of a bit of tin screwed over the top of the hole.... what a bunch of cowboys. Now we have to get the original roofers in and pay them to fix it.

Really annoyed that we had paid them before they fixed their stuff ups as I would honestly get them to remove it all and go with someone else.

Solar Install

Hi Guys,

I have just had my solar installed and would like to express my thanks to the team, really professional, first class job and friendly, and all has been a hassle free experience well done MLEC would recommend you to anyone.

Regards
Tony Green

Original Review on 04-09-2020:

Great experience, professional and good value

I had already researched my options so had a good idea prior to the salesman visit. Very accommodating with my requirements no problems with a couple of changes to panel layout. Due to the SENEC V3 being a relatively new product to their range there were a couple of issues with the extra smart power backup but resolved without problems.
Really clean installation as the SENEC V3 is a combined inverter/battery and freestanding.

8 months later we asked Paul: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I’ve had the system running for 8 months with no issues. In that time its generated 9.8Mw, exported 5.9Mw and only used 127kwh from the grid. We only use gas for hot water so with those figures the system is performing way above expectations. I also have the backup power option but has not been tested due to no power outages. The panels carry a 25yr replacement warranty and the hybrid inverter/batteries have a 10 year warranty. My calculations have the system cost recouped between 7-8 yrs at current electricity prices. Highly recommended

Great value for money and great communication

Easy to deal with.
Installers were polite and punctual.
Everything was organized for grid connections.

Brendan made the entire enquiring, decision making and installation process easy and enjoyable. He kept in regular communication, answered our queries as they arose, dealt with the technical and practical aspects of having our solar system installed and took the uncertainty out of the process for us. The installers were efficient, capable and polite. Being able to pay off the purchase price in instalments was a significant bonus. We genuinely recommend MLEC.

Pretty good so far but installation just done yesterday

Sales and quote process was great
Installation was very good though started a couple hours earlier than planned because of hot day I assume
Customer service was really good and honest
Grid connection was seamless

New 3 phase solar system 2021 installation

I'm fussy, We have just built a brand new house that has taken 9 months to design and 2 years as is a custom build and I am like i said fussy on everything.

After speaking with the Sales team, I was assured that the quality of the installation would be excellent and I would be involved in the discussion on where everything, ie location of inverter, panels and most importantly conduits and cable runs would be.
I was assured via an email that the installation would be up to my (high) standard I have an email from management assuring me of this prior to installation.

I have to say that the installation guys where as was promised especially Mark, everything was as I asked for
no exposed conduits all cables run in cavity walls to a high standard.

I'm am an Engineer and understand what can and can't be done.

I would highly recommend this company and that is saying something from me as i'm very fussy.

Please see pictures of inverter like i said no exposed conduits or cables very nice job.

Mark even went to level of re-aligning labels on the inverter because they where not 100% level and he wasn't happy with the way they looked.
MLEC were very professional from the salesman through to the receptionist and very easy to deal with, The installation team was on time and very efficient. I would recomend them for any installation..

Great service from start to finish

everything was organised by them and went very well..all of the above was brilliant

Fantastic Company.

MLEC, Your team was efficient, courteous and paid attention to detail.Your communication with us was excellent. Well done or having such a great team and Leadership. We will be recommending you to anyone who requires a solar system in future. Keep up the great work.

What a 5 star Solar experience and company!

Unbelievable first rate service and professionalism from my Design Consultant. He made the whole process a breeze and I couldn't be happier with the Solar System I purchased or the Installation that will surely be first rate. Easily a total of 5 stars for all aspects here. Totally awesome!

Great service and value

Great value, great service, good people and professional. i will be recommending/referring MLEC to family and friends.

Tristain (sales) - An honest and proactive sales man. Not many sales people these days put the customer solution before the sale.
Ben (Operations) - problem solver, pragmatic with customer needs as a priority.
Mat and Wolf (install) - Very polite and although the install was tough (old building) - there were very polite, happy and very professional.
Jake and Trent (install and commissioning) - The equipment supplier stuffed Jaime about for a few days but he was very persistent, kept me up to date and ensured everything works. Trent was also very polite, friendly and professional.
Tee (Customer Service)- always kept me uptodate and no problem was too big

Thank you MLEC and keep up the good work.

Corrected an installation misunderstanding promptly and without argument. Recommended.

Paid a fair price for best option and got the quality of service I sought.

Great Support

The Mlec quote was basically identical to the other company and included the removal of my old system. The Inverter was the same although the panels used were slightly smaller in output but of similar quality. The company arrived on time on the designated day and although the installers experienced difficulties and were unable to uninstall the old system they arranged for a another day and all went well
I felt very comfortable with this company and the service provided

Very happy with the Power Generation from my new Solar System

MLEC does seem to have some issues with their scheduling. No one showed up for the first meeting with the sales consultant. When I notified them, they were very apologetic. The second appointment was fine. The installation team turned up 5 days earlier than I was informed that they would be onsite. As it turned out it didn't matter so the system was installed earlier than I was expecting.
The installation went very smoothly. There was an old system that had to be removed first and I was charged a very nominal fee for the removal of that system. I was expecting it to be more expensive.
Overall I am very happy with the system that has been installed. 6.5Kw of Sunpower P series panels and a 5Kw 3 phase SMA inverter. It has been generating on average between 35-40Kwh per day (cool sunny days).

Great system, price reasonable but no after sales service

Update to review, 26/10/2020:
So to update where I am with MLEC - Tuhira from MLEC contacted me on Wed 21 Oct to apologise for my requested service going unanswered. In the course of our conversation it became apparent he was reading from my initial review with Solar Quotes (he mentioned the three star rating) so I can 100% endorse the effectiveness of the feedback process. Tuhira admitted they had no record of my phone call and he could not find my email with screen prints to their Customer Service email address - but they had also not realised my bill was unpaid! I forwarded him my original email so he could see the email address used, and when it was originally sent.

Tuhira attempted to walk me through a solution but it simply wouldn't work (phone app and Fronius webpage both denied I existed!). So he despatched Robyn out to my house the next morning and after about an hour of toing and froing, phone calls to Tuhira, they eventually managed to get my inverter connected and talking to the app. I waiting 24 hours to make sure it was stable before I settled my account.

Original review:
Installed on 24 Sept but app has never worked and inverter shows as offline on the Fronius website. Phoned MLEC for assistance on 29 Sept (under their much vaunted 48 hr service guarantee) and was promised a call back. Followed up with an email to their customer service email address, complete with screen prints outlining the problem. Have not heard back since. Luckily I have so far only paid them a deposit ($500) with $5k still outstanding - I'm sure they will contact me at some stage to get their money. Which they will not be getting till these problems have been rectified.

Highly recommend MLEC

Friendly sales person, very well informed and not pushy. I felt comfortable asking questions and he took the time to explain everything. Installation went as planned, the guys turned up on time were polite and friendly and cleaned up afterwards.

Everything went smoothly! Easy installation in one day.

We had Brendan, he was fantastic, he sat us down and drew diagrams and explained everything to us in plan that my husband understood. He was on time and very helpful and friendly.
The installation was meant to be a 2 day job but they finished it in one day. Very happy. Polite, tidy and yes on time.
Not sure on what the grid connection part means sorry.

Good informative sales

Quoting process was very thorough. Had a few issues with supply and changing layouts but all went well. Good service from MLEC.

Overall a very positive experience.

Sales staff were very professional and responsive. Answered all my questions and provided a system at the price point I was seeking. The installation team were also very professional, arrived on time and were flexible with placement of both the panels and the inverter.

Great Service

Very happy with seamless service from quote to install. Install team were neat, efficient and friendly.

Highly recommended

Sales person was nice and knowledgeable, installation quick and without hitch

Satisfied

Sales process was great, installation was great. Communication could be improved slightly.

All company's were professional and knowledgable.

They were all very good. Knowledgeable and helpful. All kept their appointment times.

Excellent service and Install

I had done quite a bit of research before meeting with Steve so I knew exactly what I was after. They arranged everything with synergy and western power and arrived on time 2 weeks later for installation which went very smoothly. The guys were super friendly and did a professional, tidy job. Followed up with a call a week later to ensure everything was going well and I was happy with the service. Highly recommend MLEC everyone I dealt with were lovely and install could not have gone better.

Very clean tidy professional installers

Absolutely fabulous, Ben organised everything including the important bits with synergy , explained everything in clear simple terms and made sure we understood the pros and cons of solar . His team of installers were very polite and friendly and efficient they were also very clean and tidy . Thankyou

Excellent installer

From sales to completion, excellent service, Arrived on time left place clean very polite and easy to talk to on answering questions in regards to the system, Help program Solarman app to monitor the system, very happy