MLEC Solar

MLEC Solar Reviews

JAN 28, 2021:

MLEC Solar is a relatively new business, established
to operate the solar division of MLEC Contracting, a business registered from 28 Oct 2014.

The Company Morrison Group Holdings Pty Ltd ABN 44 602 055 569 is also associated to the Company MLEC Group Pty Ltd ABN 77 642 267 310 and to the Company Now Solar Pty Ltd ABN 17 622 151 937.

They also advise:

We have a large team of electricians, specialising in general electrical, solar, communications and air conditioning.  WA Electrical Contractor Licence EC 11449.

We specialize in high quality, safe and cost effective electrical installations right across Western Australia.

Our team provides the highest quality installations for residential and commercial clients. MLEC are dedicated to providing the highest quality electricians you can trust.

We take pride in our work, and in the relationships we build with our clients. Just like them, we want to make sure you’re satisfied with our service, that you think of us first time and every time you need an electrician.

If you need a professional electrician anywhere in Western Australia make MLEC your first choice.

Reviewers report paying: $3,000 - $6,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

MLEC Solar Reviews (44)

4.4/5

Quick and smooth transition

Well done team!! Very smooth and efficient, tidy, punctual and quick process throughout!! Darren was very knowledgeable, friendly and patient with us! Thank you Darren :)

Took some time, but worth it in the end...

The sale process was okay. Should have put more emphasis on back up strategy and expectations during a grid outage.

Installation team (ended up with 3 different groups) were all great. Professional and listened to all concerns.

Customer service is average. I had some issues with the product from day 1 and it took longer to be resolved then it needed to take. However, in the end I got what I wanted and am very happy.

Original Review on 16-11-2020:

Most satisfied

Very professional sales person. After a few hiccups, the installation was installed to our satisfaction. The installers were all polite and tidy and everything so far seems to be going well. Original ratings

7 months later we asked Sylvia: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I can't really speak for the quality of the panels, battery or inverter as we havent really been able to determine whether the product is working effectively. We had issues overall firstly with the installation not going in the agreed position (put in a stupid place) when accepting job. It was partially moved after discussion yet we still do not seem to be getting the return we were told we would get on a worst case scenario.
Overall, this was an expensive exercise for little to no return. Very disappointed.

Original Review on 14-10-2020:

Quality parts and panels

Quotation was excellent, installation forgot to hand paper work over and cut half of the house power off due to one wire in the incorrect spot. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Geoff: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes so far so good how ever we are in an area with poor wifi, therefore I would have liked an inverter that also showed its performance as well

Timely install

Got messed around trying to schedule a site visit, it was all set for a Saturday then just prior got told they don't do Saturday meetings in person.
Other than that it all went well, just waiting for the WiFi setup to happen so we can see if the system is working.
Salesperson was good to deal with, install was neat and timely.

Original Review on 03-10-2020:

Good throughout

Sales and quoting was very prompt with very competitive pricing. The tiles on our roof are not very robust and hard to find replacements indeed we couldn’t find any prior to the install. Inevitably installation resulted in quite a few roof tiles broken but MLEC were able to very quickly find replacements (when we could not) and replace the broken tiles. All staff were very friendly and cleaned up to a high standard. Would recommend. Original ratings

8 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Fantastic service, friendly installer and reliability on time, clean and tidy after installation.

Fantastic service, friendly and reliability on time clean and tidy after installation.

Original Review on 20-09-2020:

Easy to deal with, simple explanations

Shannon was great to deal with. She looked at what our bills were and broke the bill down to show us what we could expect. The installation guys were good, slight issue with polarity error but easily fixed. Overall happy with the service and price. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Samuel: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it has, hassle free and easy to track performance.

Original Review on 21-09-2020:

Very good value for money

Installers were punctual and efficient. Customer service was excellent including follow up calls.
Very happy with the system.

8 months later we asked Stephen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Exceeded them

Would never recommend MLEC Solar

Installation cut 2 holes in our ceiling and also cut a hole in our brand new corrugated roof which they did not tell us. Good thing the air-conditioning Installation guys seen it and took photos and told us straight away as there was rain coming.

Took ages to get through to anyone to help us and they would never leave a message when returning your call. I emailed them plenty of photos and there was only one customer service lady that actually went out of her way to help.

Over a month after Installation they finally sent someone to fix the roof which consisted of a bit of tin screwed over the top of the hole.... what a bunch of cowboys. Now we have to get the original roofers in and pay them to fix it.

Really annoyed that we had paid them before they fixed their stuff ups as I would honestly get them to remove it all and go with someone else.

Solar Install

Hi Guys,

I have just had my solar installed and would like to express my thanks to the team, really professional, first class job and friendly, and all has been a hassle free experience well done MLEC would recommend you to anyone.

Regards
Tony Green

somewhat confusing

Quote was clear and prompt. I signed agreement with Now Solar but installation was completed by MLEC.

Installers were polite, tidy and punctual. Panel layout was not done according to diagram which was dissappointing
as it reduced exposure to sunlight. Fronius inverter malfunctioned on second day throwing RCD. Crew attended later that day and checked that all was safe. New unit will be installed 1 week after incident.

MLEC organized the grid connection which was done on same day as installation

Original Review on 04-09-2020:

Great experience, professional and good value

I had already researched my options so had a good idea prior to the salesman visit. Very accommodating with my requirements no problems with a couple of changes to panel layout. Due to the SENEC V3 being a relatively new product to their range there were a couple of issues with the extra smart power backup but resolved without problems.
Really clean installation as the SENEC V3 is a combined inverter/battery and freestanding.

8 months later we asked Paul: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I’ve had the system running for 8 months with no issues. In that time its generated 9.8Mw, exported 5.9Mw and only used 127kwh from the grid. We only use gas for hot water so with those figures the system is performing way above expectations. I also have the backup power option but has not been tested due to no power outages. The panels carry a 25yr replacement warranty and the hybrid inverter/batteries have a 10 year warranty. My calculations have the system cost recouped between 7-8 yrs at current electricity prices. Highly recommended

Great value for money and great communication

Easy to deal with.
Installers were polite and punctual.
Everything was organized for grid connections.

Brendan made the entire enquiring, decision making and installation process easy and enjoyable. He kept in regular communication, answered our queries as they arose, dealt with the technical and practical aspects of having our solar system installed and took the uncertainty out of the process for us. The installers were efficient, capable and polite. Being able to pay off the purchase price in instalments was a significant bonus. We genuinely recommend MLEC.

Pretty good so far but installation just done yesterday

Sales and quote process was great
Installation was very good though started a couple hours earlier than planned because of hot day I assume
Customer service was really good and honest
Grid connection was seamless

New 3 phase solar system 2021 installation

I'm fussy, We have just built a brand new house that has taken 9 months to design and 2 years as is a custom build and I am like i said fussy on everything.

After speaking with the Sales team, I was assured that the quality of the installation would be excellent and I would be involved in the discussion on where everything, ie location of inverter, panels and most importantly conduits and cable runs would be.
I was assured via an email that the installation would be up to my (high) standard I have an email from management assuring me of this prior to installation.

I have to say that the installation guys where as was promised especially Mark, everything was as I asked for
no exposed conduits all cables run in cavity walls to a high standard.

I'm am an Engineer and understand what can and can't be done.

I would highly recommend this company and that is saying something from me as i'm very fussy.

Please see pictures of inverter like i said no exposed conduits or cables very nice job.

Mark even went to level of re-aligning labels on the inverter because they where not 100% level and he wasn't happy with the way they looked.
MLEC were very professional from the salesman through to the receptionist and very easy to deal with, The installation team was on time and very efficient. I would recomend them for any installation..

Great service from start to finish

everything was organised by them and went very well..all of the above was brilliant

Fantastic Company.

MLEC, Your team was efficient, courteous and paid attention to detail.Your communication with us was excellent. Well done or having such a great team and Leadership. We will be recommending you to anyone who requires a solar system in future. Keep up the great work.

What a 5 star Solar experience and company!

Unbelievable first rate service and professionalism from my Design Consultant. He made the whole process a breeze and I couldn't be happier with the Solar System I purchased or the Installation that will surely be first rate. Easily a total of 5 stars for all aspects here. Totally awesome!

Great service and value

Great value, great service, good people and professional. i will be recommending/referring MLEC to family and friends.

Tristain (sales) - An honest and proactive sales man. Not many sales people these days put the customer solution before the sale.
Ben (Operations) - problem solver, pragmatic with customer needs as a priority.
Mat and Wolf (install) - Very polite and although the install was tough (old building) - there were very polite, happy and very professional.
Jake and Trent (install and commissioning) - The equipment supplier stuffed Jaime about for a few days but he was very persistent, kept me up to date and ensured everything works. Trent was also very polite, friendly and professional.
Tee (Customer Service)- always kept me uptodate and no problem was too big

Thank you MLEC and keep up the good work.

Corrected an installation misunderstanding promptly and without argument. Recommended.

Paid a fair price for best option and got the quality of service I sought.

Great Support

The Mlec quote was basically identical to the other company and included the removal of my old system. The Inverter was the same although the panels used were slightly smaller in output but of similar quality. The company arrived on time on the designated day and although the installers experienced difficulties and were unable to uninstall the old system they arranged for a another day and all went well
I felt very comfortable with this company and the service provided

Very happy with the Power Generation from my new Solar System

MLEC does seem to have some issues with their scheduling. No one showed up for the first meeting with the sales consultant. When I notified them, they were very apologetic. The second appointment was fine. The installation team turned up 5 days earlier than I was informed that they would be onsite. As it turned out it didn't matter so the system was installed earlier than I was expecting.
The installation went very smoothly. There was an old system that had to be removed first and I was charged a very nominal fee for the removal of that system. I was expecting it to be more expensive.
Overall I am very happy with the system that has been installed. 6.5Kw of Sunpower P series panels and a 5Kw 3 phase SMA inverter. It has been generating on average between 35-40Kwh per day (cool sunny days).

Great system, price reasonable but no after sales service

Update to review, 26/10/2020:
So to update where I am with MLEC - Tuhira from MLEC contacted me on Wed 21 Oct to apologise for my requested service going unanswered. In the course of our conversation it became apparent he was reading from my initial review with Solar Quotes (he mentioned the three star rating) so I can 100% endorse the effectiveness of the feedback process. Tuhira admitted they had no record of my phone call and he could not find my email with screen prints to their Customer Service email address - but they had also not realised my bill was unpaid! I forwarded him my original email so he could see the email address used, and when it was originally sent.

Tuhira attempted to walk me through a solution but it simply wouldn't work (phone app and Fronius webpage both denied I existed!). So he despatched Robyn out to my house the next morning and after about an hour of toing and froing, phone calls to Tuhira, they eventually managed to get my inverter connected and talking to the app. I waiting 24 hours to make sure it was stable before I settled my account.

Original review:
Installed on 24 Sept but app has never worked and inverter shows as offline on the Fronius website. Phoned MLEC for assistance on 29 Sept (under their much vaunted 48 hr service guarantee) and was promised a call back. Followed up with an email to their customer service email address, complete with screen prints outlining the problem. Have not heard back since. Luckily I have so far only paid them a deposit ($500) with $5k still outstanding - I'm sure they will contact me at some stage to get their money. Which they will not be getting till these problems have been rectified.

Highly recommend MLEC

Friendly sales person, very well informed and not pushy. I felt comfortable asking questions and he took the time to explain everything. Installation went as planned, the guys turned up on time were polite and friendly and cleaned up afterwards.

Everything went smoothly! Easy installation in one day.

We had Brendan, he was fantastic, he sat us down and drew diagrams and explained everything to us in plan that my husband understood. He was on time and very helpful and friendly.
The installation was meant to be a 2 day job but they finished it in one day. Very happy. Polite, tidy and yes on time.
Not sure on what the grid connection part means sorry.

Good informative sales

Quoting process was very thorough. Had a few issues with supply and changing layouts but all went well. Good service from MLEC.

Overall a very positive experience.

Sales staff were very professional and responsive. Answered all my questions and provided a system at the price point I was seeking. The installation team were also very professional, arrived on time and were flexible with placement of both the panels and the inverter.

Great Service

Very happy with seamless service from quote to install. Install team were neat, efficient and friendly.

Highly recommended

Sales person was nice and knowledgeable, installation quick and without hitch

Satisfied

Sales process was great, installation was great. Communication could be improved slightly.

All company's were professional and knowledgable.

They were all very good. Knowledgeable and helpful. All kept their appointment times.

Excellent service and Install

I had done quite a bit of research before meeting with Steve so I knew exactly what I was after. They arranged everything with synergy and western power and arrived on time 2 weeks later for installation which went very smoothly. The guys were super friendly and did a professional, tidy job. Followed up with a call a week later to ensure everything was going well and I was happy with the service. Highly recommend MLEC everyone I dealt with were lovely and install could not have gone better.

Very clean tidy professional installers

Absolutely fabulous, Ben organised everything including the important bits with synergy , explained everything in clear simple terms and made sure we understood the pros and cons of solar . His team of installers were very polite and friendly and efficient they were also very clean and tidy . Thankyou

Excellent installer

From sales to completion, excellent service, Arrived on time left place clean very polite and easy to talk to on answering questions in regards to the system, Help program Solarman app to monitor the system, very happy

No fuss

From start to finish, very professional. The grid connection was organised a week before the install.
My initial contact with the sales rep, Ryan, was great. All was explained and a great price was agreed.
Install day went without any problems. The guys were quick and efficient , explaining all they were doing along the way.
Very happy with the whole process.

Excellent customer service.

sales and quoting was very helpful informative without the hard sell of "if you buy now ...."

Installers were timely helpful, courteous, came with spare tiles and I don't think used any, and cleaned up after themselves

Pre and post customer service was excellent, helpful, and went the second mile.

A simple and reliable process

From the start everything was easy and less effort than expected. Applications and meter reprogramming was all handled promptly without fuss. The installation guys turned up on time, were good and keen to provide what we wanted. It was a surprise to have another person come out as a QC check a few weeks later to ensure it was done correctly. There has been nice follow up to make sure it is working well.

Great customer service!

We were super happy with the Quote and the speed of installation. After receiving our first power bill about 7weeks later we discovered that the system was not performing as projected and got in contact with the company. They were great in helping us check the performance and predicting what the problem could be! The very next day they sent out an electrician to check on the problem. He was very professional and was able to fix the problem very quickly! We hope to now enjoy the benefits of our new solar power!

Excelent sales, installation and service.

I would recommend this company to anyone considering solar installation. I was reluctant at first to sign up due to the Covid situation but the friendly sales person gave me a very good deal (discount) so I signed up - no regrets. Variety of payment options makes budgeting easy. The installation was professionally completed and grid connected on the scheduled day on time. Initial display.readings of solar panel power output was good on the day. Follow up calls were appreciated. Very pleased with overall service.

Happy customer

Overall from the sales point of view and the installation we have been very pleased with our system. They were somewhat slow in answers to a small issue we experienced but it has not affected the performance of the solar

Top Shelf Installer

Couldn't fault the customer service given when installing unit

Workman who put unit up were courtious and very professional in the work

Very happy with service and communication follow up after installation

High recommended company