Softwave Building Solutions Pty Ltd Reviews

About Softwave Building Solutions Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

Softwave Building Solutions Pty Ltd
Approved Installer
Softwave Building Solutions Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 32 606 378 081  ABN active since 11 Jun 2015 | Softwave Building Solutions Pty Ltd
ACN: 606 378 081  ACN active since 11 Jun 2015 | Softwave Building Solutions Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
VIC: REC 29226 Softwave Building Solutions Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $1,074 - $9,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Built upon a strong foundation of more than 25 years of industry experience, Softwave Building Solutions was founded under a premise to provide affordable and high quality electrical services. Director of the business has worked across the globe as both a qualified electrician and a refrigeration and air conditioning technician, bringing a wealth of knowledge and skill to the table.

Drawing upon the many years of experience in the field, Softwave was founded 8 years ago with a goal to provide solar power systems, air conditioning and refrigeration to residential and commercial clients throughout the country. Utilising an in-house team of technicians, we maintain our quality through refraining to subcontract out our work. We were primarily based in Queensland and moved to Victoria, we strive to maintain our commitment and dedication to the craft as we move into the future.

Softwave is approved and Accredited by the CEC as both a solar retailer and solar installation business, fully registered with the Victorian home solar programme. Our solar installation services cover residential and commercial properties across the entire state of Victoria.

Softwave Building Solutions Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

A good reliable Installer

Very happy with the end result.
Don does good work and is very thorough, efficient, friendly and easy to deal with.
Would recommend as a good reliable installer.

Great service.

Great service and easy to deal with, got the system installed as promised.
Happy with the outcome!

quick turn around time and a great job,

Great experience ,less than 2 weeks turnaround from sales quote process to complete installation.
Competitive and reasonable pricing plus explained and responded promptly to any queries, concerns we had.

Best and reliable installer

Excellent customer service. Don and his team did a great job, fast and efficient. Don is a genuine, friendly, polite and very helpful person. I would definitely recommend Softwave Building Solutions Pty Ltd to my family and friends. Show additional information

Excellent Job!

During my research, I found the “Solar Guide” booklet was very helpful. (https://www.solarquotes.com.au/good-solar-guide/) Finn Peacock, Chartered Electrical Engineer Ex-CSIRO, had covered every aspect of solar installation from A–Z.

Also, the web site allowed me to request 3 quotes for installation at my place. Among many quotes that I received, Don from Softwave Building Solutions Pty Ltd. (https://www.serviceseeking.com.au/profile/98108-softwave-building-solutions-pty-ltd ) was approachable and he took an extra step to explain and clarify all my questions. Pricing was reasonable & was based on value. He is extremely knowledgeable in all areas of Solar from design/ engineering to installation.

He and his team did an impeccable job installing 20 panels and connecting us to the grid. Melbourne’s cold/wet weather does not hinder their enthusiasm to complete the work on time. The inspector arrived in a couple of days of installation and we received the Certificate of Electrical Safety Prescribed Electrical Installation Work from Energy Safe Victoria on the same day.
I wish Don, Lanka + team success in all your future endeavours.

Great Experience from start to finish.

The sales and quoting process with Softwave Building Solutions was very thorough with so many different types of systems/brands out there I asked to have 3 quotes drawn up with specific brands to compare the differences and see all the Pro's & Con's in order for myself to make an informative decision. Don was more than happy to do this for me.

Don and his team were punctual and tidy with their installation process, His team were polite and trustworthy.

Don went above and beyond to have all my questions answered and just made me feel at ease with the entire process.

I definitely recommend Softwave Building Solutions for all your Solar needs!

10/10 installation and great to deal with

The team at Softwave building solutions have done a phenomenal job of my solar installation and made every part of the process simple and kept me updated at all times.

Don and the team are great to deal with and explain what they are doing, they’re also happy to answer your questions in detail. The value for money was fantastic and the install was quick, clean and without issue, everything has been engineered properly. Highly recommended.

6.6kw system with Q-cells G6 panels & Fronius 5.0-1

Don was very easy to deal with & had a great experience. He was fair in pricing & competitive without any dodgy feel. The installation was neat and first class.
The only thing that I wish he set up the app himself before leaving but it wasn’t rocket science to go through the process.
After installation, he sent all the required documents in order to change to a solar meter as per the requirements and would highly recommend his professionalism to anyone ( even though he talks without a full stop over the phone) lol.. but a great guy to deal with.
Next he will be installing my aircon unit in the near future.
Well done Don & team!!

Highly recommended Solar Installer!

Did a lot of research, went through a lot of retailers and Installers to finally land upon a deal with SOFTWAVE BUILDING SOLUTIONS PTY LTD (Don was great!). Initial reference was through Solar Quotes, I was very hesitant to go with Don as he just did not have any reviews in Google. I generally go with an established retailer for an investment like Solar Panels, but my thoughts quickly changed after couple of phone conversations with Don! He spent quality time on explaining the reasons why I should consider him versus an established Retailer, in the end I was convinced.

I was very specific for 6.6 kW system. Q-Cells DUO-G5+ 330 with Fronius Primo 5.0-1 Invertor. Don's Quote was much detailed, and he spent a good amount of time in reworking the various options I was interested in (I was initially keen to go with additional panels and limiter for feed-in etc.,) his calculations helped me decide the return on investment! His Quote was much cheaper than other quotes I have received. for me the other retailer discussion purely looked like a sales pitch!

To summarize:

- Has no prior work reviews for reference (on the internet as reviews). [My reply after installation - I was very glad I picked up Don's team vs other retailers. very clean job and attention to detailed was given by the team). The reason for not having reviews in the internet is purely due to Don not focussing on that area much. At this moment his team has done 110+ solar installations on their own (they have been an Installer for a long time for another retailer).

- He quoted much lesser than the established retailer. [My reply] - He is installer, a retailer has a lot of overhead (which will result in a higher cost). Retailers employ installers end of the day!

- The name of the company did not sound related to Solar (at least to me). [My Reply] - Don mentioned his intent is to also pitch in the broader Electrical business. In that he mentioned he would always be around to look at the warranty unlike retailer who would close after the subsidy goes off! [I am not sure if I am correct in this thought, just my view].
I should also mention the cons.

Don provided attention to detail work in terms of Installation (great job). but he was not strong with the Mobile App setup. But he patiently tried to setup the app for more than 60 mins but left without a luck as it got dark. Was little disappointed! But since I am from the IT background, I was able to manage the setup after a lot of attempts.

In the end I found out Fronius invertor has a very bad Wi-Fi reception, it worked smooth after moving the Router closer. And accessing the Invertor through local network to configure the rest. Who worries about the APP on mobile, it’s the installation of panels which is important!
I am writing the review a week after the installation; the inspector came the very next day after the installation and the 2nd day Don has submitted my application to my energy retailer.

Don's Team did an excellent job!! no regrets in working with them, will recommend them to my friends!

Great service and products

Don has provided great service from start to finish. Very good pricing and arrived and completed the job on time as promised. Everything was left neat and tidy, very friendly install team. Had the brands i was after and nothing was too hard. Will recommend to friends and family. Show additional information

Fantastic service , was very reliable and efficient .very efficient and competitive price price is also very competitive on time service

Fast and reliable service , very efficient and competitive , was right on time and finished same day Show additional information

Best job in town

I am extremely happy with there installation and they are very professional

This company gave me good price with good quality panels and inverter .

Highly recommend this company