Soltek Energy Reviews

About Soltek Energy, Solar Installers

Soltek Energy
Platinum Partner
Soltek Energy is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 35 138 588 584  ABN active since 02 Sep 2009 | Soltek Energy Pty Ltd
ACN: 138 588 584  ACN active since 30 Jul 2009 | Soltek Energy Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 220517C Soltek Energy Pty Ltd

Estimated pricing for system: $5,900 - $10,700 depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Soltek Energy is a leading provider of solar power solutions throughout Australia in both commercial and residential environments. The company has a team of specialist renewable electrical engineers who are experienced in solar technology. The Australian company aims to help customers lower their energy bills while reducing their impact on the environment - both things that can be achieved through a high quality solar power system. Soltek Energy is accredited by the Clean Energy Council, giving customers assurance that they are getting the best possible service and expertise. The company can also offer advice on making the most of government rebates and incentives.

Soltek Energy Solar Reviews

Professional and without any sugar coating

The quoting & designing was done without any pushiness, purely technical, which was good. And they came to site, instead of doing everything by email or phone calls.
The installation was carried out without any problems, the guys where helpful.
They assisted in providing all the paperwork/forms that needed to be sent off to the Retailer for Meter changeover.
I would easily recommend this company.

Terrific service.

Sales person was patient and explained everything well for a technophobe like me. Quote was prompt, very easy to read and understand. Installers arrived on time and were quick and efficient. Office staff very helpful and are helping to organise the grid connection after the install. Process was a lot easier than I imagined. I can't believe I waited so long to take the leap. Show additional information

Good, all round company.

Damien was able to explain to me areas I was unsure of and provided a competitive quotation after advising on the size of system that would be suitable for my family

The installation team, led by Sam, arrived on time, were polite and tidy, and left four hours later without any problems.

Vincent and Tracey in the office provided all the necessary back up with Vincent contacting my electricity supplier as soon as the system was installed.

Fast response and install

Soltek were prompt in getting back to us and able to install before the end of the year which was important. Happy with the system it is performing as per prdicted. Show additional information

Knowledgeable salesperson, efficient installer, great system!

We were very pleased with the quotes we received from Soltek Energy. They were not the cheapest but we liked the quality of the system and the fact that the panels we chose (LGNeON2) have a 25 year warranty for parts and labour. Nothing worse than choosing panels that break after five years and end up in landfill. We coupled our panels with a Solar Edge Optimiser which also has a 25 year warranty. Everything has been installed, the rooftop looks great, and the optimiser has been neatly tucked away in a nook in our entrance way. The installers were punctual, got on with the job quickly and efficiently, and cleaned everything up at the end. Now we are waiting for our smart meter to be installed. Once we had settled our bill, Soltek Energy provided us with the necessary documentation and we emailed everything to our energy provider. We were sent an SMS two days later asking us to call to set up a time for installation and we are now waiting for the meter next week. I will update this review once the system is up and running and I can comment on the efficiency but from the reviews we read it seemed other purchasers of this system have been happy with its functionality. Very happy also with SolarQuotes! It's a great service and not only did we find an ideal provider, we also learned a lot in the process by reading all the information on their blog and weighing up the various solar options. Highly recommended! Show additional information

Not perfect but system is now running really well with a couple of fixes

I received two quotes through Solarquotes and the experiences were very different.
Banana Solar's sales person came out and could tell I was from a technical background, so was able to walk me through the technical parts of the system. Soltek's sales person knew his stuff but felt like there was more encouragement to purchase the system.

Both companies offered a good selection of hardware for a range of prices that would suit most consumers. Not bad products appeared to be on the list.
Thankfully I had done my homework and knew many people who had Soltek systems and were happy. I chose the Soltek.

The system was installed very well and neat and provided me with clear options noting my original installation position would not be possible.
The installer called me after completion and informed me that two panels were not functioning but that Soltek would resolve this.

The system had solar panel level monitoring, and I could see which panels were having an issue myself. Having the monitoring helped as well because I noted that voltage spikes were occurring and leading to my inverter tripping. This alone significantly reduces the effectiveness of the system.

I felt I had to chase Soltek and provide them with information rather than have them approach me to resolve the issue. That said, they sent out an engineer within two days to resolve the voltage issue and they also resolved the two panels not producing.

In our office we are monitoring 20 different solar systems, and the Solaredge systems are by a reasonable margin, the most efficient.
Soltek's staff were polite and were able to address my concerns, but I hope that they would also reach out to a less technical consumer who may not have necessarily been monitoring their system had they had a similar issue to mine.

Thorough and knowledgable

The sales and quoting process was excellent. I appreciated the down-to earth advice and the time taken to go through how the system actually works, especially in terms of energy produced by panels and percentages lost as it goes through the system. Thoroughly inspecting the site for installation issues was also impressive - on a narrow site, it is often very difficult to do the 'ladder work'. The only issue I had was that, with the original system I chose, the panels were being shipped and ETA was 2 or 3 weeks (or so). I was not told this - it was only after my pressing for an installation date that this information was revealed. As it turned out, after speaking to people in the neighbourhood, I changed to another system and installation took place quickly. Show additional information

Supplier knows best

Went with Soltek. Great rep and was only one that told me q cells were launching 25 year warranty. Waited a few weeks, got 25 year warranty and saved over 2 grand. Show additional information
I received 2 quotes, Soltek. Both were very professional and to be honest, I would have been comfortable dealing with either. In the end, it was an economic decision, but not by a huge margin. Show additional information

Good

Well presented and the installer was on time and tidy, customer service a bet disappointed till this time my grid connection is not install yet Show additional information

Great experience, making solar purchasing easy and simple

The whole process end to end was a breeze, Soltek made choosing solar very easy for me (having zero experience prior). They recommended the perfect size system for my house, and explained all the technical aspects of each in a simple manner.

The install was very quick, 2 weeks from deposit date, and they arrived on time, and were super helpful, and finished everything in the day before 3pm. They even changed a faulty light switch in the house which took 2 mins as favour. They mentioned beforehand sometimes tiles can break if they are worn/brittle, and to have some spare, which I had luckily, as they did break just 1 tile, and noticed another broken one (from hail damage) and replaced that too which was nice.

There was an issue with the inverter initially on the day of install in getting it on the wifi, but they came back the next day and fixed it no problems.

In the end they provided all the information needed, and now I am a very happy solar user. It feels great to have ducted a/c running during the day and not have to worry about electricity bills.

Nice job

Soltek was always helpful and easy to work with. I'm very happy with the product, installation and service. Show additional information

A well performing installation.

Competent sales process,
Installation went well. Crew was friendly, polite and profesionanl.
Connecterd to plan and running well.

Great experience and quality

Lots of positive experiences with Soltek. Karan, the pre-sales engineer came out for a site inspection really quickly and then talked me through the options. He also responded to all my follow up questions promptly.

They didn't nag me to make a decision which was very much appreciated given the challenges I had getting a comparison quote out of another company which ultimately took about 4-5 weeks.

Then once I decided to go with the Soltek quote, the process was as smooth as could be expected, and it was only a couple of weeks until the install happened. During this time, my only frustration was that each of the back-office people asked for the same information 3 times, even after I provided it the first time to all of them. So after I'd provided it, 2 other staff (included in the first email) came back and asked the same questions. Not the end of the earth by any stretch, and I suspect a very small tweak to the office admin procedures to store the initial responses against my file would fix this so it's certainly not a complaint. In fact, it's probably actually a compliment that of all the things that could go wrong with a process like this, that's the only negative to call out. Everything else was impressively smooth and fast.

The only other comment is that I don't feel I can give full marks on the value of the system for two reasons. First, I specifically chose a more advanced/expensive system with 345W LG panels and SolarEdge Optimizers, so I was always going to be paying more for the high-end options I chose. Second, the only other comparison point I was able to get (Space Solar) didn't want to quote/discuss those higher end combinations and had some generally negative things to say about them. However, this doesn't mean what I got was not good value, nor does it mean I deducted a star because some rival mob disagreed. I withheld the star because I couldn't get a comparative quote from anyone else so I don't know for sure. Incidentally, I did look through the top 30 or so installers on the panel (I think I checked every installer rated over 4 stars on SQ and a few in the 3 star range as well) but couldn't find any others servicing my location. That also has no impact on my ratings.

Solid choice

Great advice from system designer, prompt contacts, competitive price, install went well and minor install issues were addressed before completion. Show additional information

Great installation

Everything went well, the sales process was smooth and efficient, the product options and prices seemed fair. Installers were punctual and helpful. System was well installed and high quality. Show additional information

Very professional approach and execution

The sales and quotation included a site visit and was very helpful. The installation was very professionally done and both installers were easy top deal with and helpful particularly in letting us know what was being done and by updating us on the installation and its timeline. They also helped to organise the grid connection which has taken longer than we anticipated because of our supplier taking their time in co-ordinating with the actual equipment supplier. Soltek Energy have been great. Show additional information

Satisfied

Sales process was good, I very much liked the personal visit by the owner, the way he engaged, had a long history in the business and seemed very genuine. Only downside was he supports Essendon!!!
Went well, installers were polite and kept us informed.
Customer service was good also, little lack or co-ordination between between sales and installation but I clarified that.

Good to deal with and providing good info

Soltek provided very good sale service and we spoke directly with an engineer (not a sale rep) who can explain and fully answer questions. Their communication is great, with follow up emails and calls. There was no sale pressure. We had our system installed 2 weeks after deposit. The installers did a great job and cleaned up after their work. The benefits of the system is still too early to tell, but as far as the installation goes, we are very happy. Show additional information

Answered all my questions, over and over again

We got updated quotes, without hesitation, many times over the period of a year. Installation was very efficient, completed in one day. Show additional information

Good installer and system.

Sales / Quote process is good, installation is smooth and the customer service is good too, responsive, easy to reach. Show additional information

Great service, great installers, good value.

Sales process was satisfying. Just the right mix of technical knowledge and salesmanship
Installation went well. Guys were polite and very neat. Left the site completely clean
Customer service was authentic. Everything they told me they would do, they did. We had a minor miscommunication about the disposal of my old system but not a major problem.

Excellent service all round from initial consultation to installation and follow up

The sales/quoting process was very worthwhile as the representative spent a lot of time explains and putting together his ideas on the best system for us.
The installation went very smoothly, on time, and very neat. And a cover for the inverter was installed shortly afterwards as promised.
The customer service was excellent and they helped organise the grid connection.

friendly people to deal with, helpful with our quieries, fast and efficient workmanship. No hassles at all.

the quoting was factual and informative, the installation was done quickly and with no problems, they were punctual and tidy, and did all the work to have it connected with no problems at all. Show additional information

Great installation which I will recommend to others

Quoting process was efficient and providing all the relevant info. Installation was efficient, tidy, politer and punctual. Show additional information

The company answered all my questions before installation, the installation was quick, the team was professional and very friendly. Also costumer service is excellent. The system works better than I expected. Show additional information

Good product and efficient installation

So far it has been an easy process to get the system installed and underway. A bit of confusion/delay with the company notifying the energy provider. Quick efficient installation and the installer was very patient and understanding and did a good job. Show additional information

Good Price, Poor Service

We are absolutely loving our new Solar system. The system is generating the expected power and the analytics from the SolarEdge app are very useful. We are yet to get an electricity bill since installation but are already generating over our average summer daily usage and summer hasn't even started yet.

From the beginning, however, I found Soltek Energy quite rude pushy from a sales perspective (the rep refused to leave until we had signed a contract) and their service slow and uninformative. We had to chase up the team for completion certificates which we were originally told would be sent to our electricity provider for us (they were not) as well as chasing up configuration of the panels in the SolarEdge app (which again we were told would be done). We were quoted about $1k more for the same system with a different company with much better service, however at the time, could not warrant the extra expense.

The actual installation was carried out promptly and the team was polite, tidy and they went out of their way not to interrupt our day too much, which is very helpful with three small children.

Overall, what appears to be an excellent system at a respectable price and the savings against other quotes make up for the lack of service.

Great price for great system and installation was completed in a professional way

Great in all aspects and all seems good at the moment Show additional information

Great system and excellent service.

From the very start I found Soltek very easy to deal with. Karan visit our house and was very knowledgeable in his review of the site and quotation. He was able to explain the differences in solar systems and the reasons why they recommended a particular product.
The install process itself was simple and carried out efficiently and on the date scheduled.

I have had a couple of queries with the Soltek admin team post installation and each time I received a prompt and helpful reply.

Soltek, LG, Solaredge

Sales / Quoting was pretty straight forward as I had already selected what I wanted. Soltek was not the first quote I received, I had others who were very responsive and 1 other who never responded back after a call and an email response from myself. But, Soltek provide a good price upfront, knowledgeable sales and no pressure.

Installation was done well and although I did not watch them it looked pretty tidy. They had suggested some alternative ways to keep the cabling and conduit clean rather than just perform a job just to get it done. Very happy with how it was all wired up no ugly conduits along the wall of the house.

Great customer service, quick responses and no hassle.

I had the Modbus installed as well but unless the meter is upgrade to suit solar you won't get too much which is no fault of Soltek. You'll just have to wait for the energy retailer.

Would highly recommend Soltek as installers

Competitive pricing, tidy installation

I had a few quotes from 5-6 companies and when I met Karan for their pricing, he basically beat all the others. The installers were at house early morning as it was scheduled and the job was done quick and tidy.
The overall experience was great.

Informative

I had the 3 recommended quotes, Soltek sat with me and discussed in detail the various systems available. I had no idea to that point that I had these choices. I chose the SolarEdge fully integrated system which meant the panels could be arrayed north east and west thus maximising the solar system.
This array produces electricity for 10 hours a day and going into spring and summer I’m sure that will increase.

Very Efficient

Very professional level of service, the CT was installed wrong way round, came back and fixed it very efficiently Show additional information

Quality product and great service!

Overall it was a pleasant experience. The sales person first came to our house and explained the different solar technologies and explained the pros and cons for each type of system. He explained to us which type of system will be most suitable to our requirements and also showed a few live examples through an app of the performance and history of a similar system in the area. The prices were very competitive and the installation process was carried out by licensed professionals. They then provided the certificates and other paperwork in time that I could submit to my energy retailer to change my electricity meter and start getting feed-in credits.

There was a small issue with the wifi unit but both the sales executive and the operations team were happy to help and provided great customer service experience in resolving the issue for us at the earliest. I would be happy to recommend Soltek and the team to friends and family to obtain their solar system.

Very competent at installing, great price, but could improve a little on post installation customer service

One of 2 (out of 3) installers that visited and could therefore give a more accurate design. Perhaps the sales process was a little short - I learned a lot more from the competition. Overall the price was a lot less than the competition for the same system and given Soltek’s good ratings decided to go with them. Installation was scheduled 2 weeks from the day of the quote. The installation team worked hard for a day a got it all done. We did have to keep encouraging the office to get the monitoring set up, and then get the certificates sent to the power company for a change to a smart meter. We finally have the meter and are getting paid for our feed in. I chose a Solaredge inverter due to shade, over micro inverters. Hoping the reliability has improved, but can’t complain about the output of 30KWh on full sun days at the end of August for a 6KWh system. Show additional information

Straightforward and Responsive

I did my research on solar system and packages. I did shop around for quotes. I spoke to Damien and he was very straight forward. He gave me very competitive pricing quote and also told me about different options if I wanted. He also answered any additional I asked which I couldn't find in my solar research. I completed all my paperwork and installation happened a week later.

My solar system is up and running as soon as it was installed.

I really enjoyed communicating with Soltex team. They really worked together to try and deliver great outcome to their customers. I would definitely recommend Soltex Energy to other people who is looking for solar system installation. Overall, I always recommend to do your research. Definitely consider Soltex Energy as one of your research company since I really had positive outcome from their team.

Great Job

We have been so happy with all dealings with Soltek Energy. Our quote was very fair and easy to understand. Panels installed professionally and all tradesmen polite, tiday and punctual. Customer service have been very helpful. Highly recommend. Show additional information

Time will tell if the solar installation is worth in a a year time !!

Have a bit of trouble with installing the Envory meter. Not reading the production and consumption initially. Ok after 2nd visit.
Still waiting AGL to install the smart meter.

Very pleasant experience.

From the very first time I spoke with Damien and got my quotes I was very impressed. I was left alone to continue my research until I was ready to settle on a system. Not only are the prices great but the quick turn around from signing to the install was super quick. A good quality system, great installers and from a company that has been around for ages to give me the peace of mind if anything was to go wrong. System is working awesome and I couldn’t be happier. Can’t recommend Soltek Energy enough! Show additional information

Great installers

Good salesman
Great installation , very clean and tidy
Still waiting for my grid connection

Fantastic installer

From sales to installation n after installation queries was answered promptly Show additional information

Great service and only company who visited our home.

Sales/quotation process on site by an engineer, not a smooth talking sales person over the phone.
Installation all very neat and completed in one day with an obviously well experienced team.
Customer service was great as was follow-up after the installation.

Quality system at a competitive price

Sales and quoting was first class
Installation was confirmed then rescheduled , our tv was unplugged and our air con vent was dislodged. They came back to fix the tv next day which was great but I’m concerned about what has gone on in the roof space and will have to get up to check. All the connections were managed by Soltek which was helpful.
We had the system installed a few days ago. The system was what I wanted. LG 335w panel plus a fronius symo inverter 5kw.
Still early to say if I made a good choice. It was sometimes hard to get in touch with Damien after we agreed to the system.
Further i'm having some trouble with the web monitoring system.
I may have to get the company back to check it out.