Soltek Energy

Soltek Energy Reviews

Soltek Energy is a leading provider of solar power solutions throughout Australia in both commercial and residential environments. The company has a team of specialist renewable electrical engineers who are experienced in solar technology. The Australian company aims to help customers lower their energy bills while reducing their impact on the environment - both things that can be achieved through a high quality solar power system. Soltek Energy is accredited by the Clean Energy Council, giving customers assurance that they are getting the best possible service and expertise. The company can also offer advice on making the most of government rebates and incentives.

Reviewers report paying: $5,900 - $10,600 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Soltek Energy Reviews (525)

4.4/5

4.4/5

Personalised quotation and professional installation

Spoke with Mike from Soltek who brought up images of home roof and walked through a number of options. I was interested in an add on to our existing system and Mike explained those, giving me a quote with a range of suppliers of inverters and panels. Installation was done a few weeks later and worked perfectly with seamless integration with existing system.

Great service and system

From the initial meeting to the final installation, the team & customer service has been great. Would definitely recommend Soltek.

Happy with my SolarEdge system from Solartek

The sales/quoting process was informative and I felt I could trust Mike from SolarTek.
There was a slight mix up in that I didn't want tilted frames but they ended up installing them. But I wasn't charged for them and they probably add a little to the efficiency of the system, so...
The installers were nice, punctual and tidy.
Solartek organised the grid connection and the installation of a new smart panel

Great installer - would definitely recommend

I can't say enough how happy I have been dealing with Soltek.

I had quotes from a number of suppliers, but none were as detailed as those from Damien and his team. They were responsive to all my questions, tweaking the quotes in near real time as I kept peppering them with different scenarios.

Their product range is great, stocking only quality panels and inverters. I love their quoting model - four panel options against three inverter options giving 12 in total.

I mucked them around a fair bit given financing challenges, followed by urgent roof maintenance challenges, but while this might have quite reasonably frustrated them, they never let it show, and were professional all the way. In the end we took advantage of the Commonwealth Bank Green Loan to pay for it - super easy to use!

The installation was quick and easy. About two weeks after sending in the signed quote, I had a call telling me I was booked in for the next week. The installers (Patrick from PTE P/L) turned up right on time (a little early, in fact), and were polite and professional throughout. Our somewhat unusual 2-phase supply posed some challenges, but Patrick was on the phone with Enphase direct to make sure it was correctly configured. The team got on with the job, got it all done within a day, and left my place clean and tidy. They even replaced some tiles that were broken before they got there (I made sure I had a few spare available in case they broke some!).

Everything involving grid connection was taken care of after the install. Waiting for the panel-level configuration in Enlighten, but otherwise no issues at all so far!

Solar Installation Experience

Soltek was the only company to actually send out a sales rep.
The installation process was excellent.
The installers carried out the work in a professional way and with a minimum of disruption..
They organised the grid connection, which was carried out within the allocated time after the completion of the installation

Original Review on 15-12-2020:

Early days but really cranking out the power

The quoting process was nice and clear.
Installation was good. Everything works and they were polite tidy and punctual.
Customer service mostly good but we had to remind them about the paperwork for our energy retailer. All sorted quickly after the reminder.
Happy so far and I do like seeing that meter spin backwards.

8 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed to our expectations. There have been no technical issues to date. Having seen the difference between summer and winter output it shows June produces about half what January does. Winter bill is about 60% less than last year and summer bill was over 80% saving. Pretty much in line with the performance claim from the installer.

Fantastic Installer, Smooth installation

The quoting process was quick and efficient, done over the phone. I was given a few quotes for different systems so it was easy to select the one that suited my budget. I like the brands of the panels and inverters they offered. All my questions were answered and my concerns addressed during the quoting process. The sales rep came out afterwards at my request, to make sure my property was not tricky for installation. Installation was a breeze, it was done in 1 day. The team was punctual, polite and tidy. They even replaced a tile that was already broken on my roof. After the install, their office organized the grid connection seamlessly. I was so impressed that everything went so smoothly. I feel lucky to have selected Soltek. Thank you SolarQuotes, I have no hesitation in recommending Soltek.

Great salesperson, good price, good installer

Overall very satisfied.

Installation was quick and they kept me updated.

Happy with the product so far.

Original Review on 02-12-2020:

Should have done it earlier

From the site inspection, the quotation and the installers and the quality of the works - very pleased. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Chris: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Very pleased with the system.

Have generated 6.3 MWh, drawn 1.73MWh from the batteries and have cut my power bills.

Quick sales and installation, however issues with SolarEdge inverter that needed to be replaced

Overall my experience with Soltek has been positive to date however I did have issues with my SolarEdge inverter that stopped working after installation and it took over 3 weeks to be replaced.

The sales and installation process was very quick with Soltek. The quote was very competitive for my 7.41Kw system which was using premium components such as Q-Cells Q.Peak Duo G9 390 solar panels and SolarEdge SE7K power optismised inverter.

Less than 2 weeks after the installation was complete, the inverter stopped working. Frustratingly this did take a while for Soltek and SolarEdge to diagnose (error checking, firmware upgrades etc) the issue before it was determined the unit needed to be replaced. The unit has been replaced however it took over 3 weeks and a bit of effort required to get the replacement unit installed.

The replacement unit has been installed and has been working for the past 3 weeks. I'm happy with the system and it's is working well at the moment.

I have signed the solar rebates and declaration forms and my energy provider (Energy Australia) and they have configured my smart meter. What I haven't received yet is my first quarter energy bill and therefore I can't comment on how effective the installation is working.

After reading this ABC article today about problematic solar installations (https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-03/solar-power-renewable-energy-customers-struggle-to-get-help/100322900), I just hope that Soltek remain solvent to provide ongoing support if there are further issues with the installation.

Overall I'm happy with the installation price and efficiency of organising the installation. I just hope there are no further issues with the inverter.

Great sales and installation services, very reliable company

Sales and quoting process is great. Sales provide me different combination of inverter and panel I want.
Installation is punctual, complete within a day and tidy. Installers are very polite
Yes, the company send me the details of the process to get government rebate and grid connection. I just need to fill in the forms and sent back to the company and she organise the activities for me. Great service.

Straight forward installation, good, no-nonsense advice

The sales team at Soltek was pretty responsive and Damien who came to do the site visit was friendly and upfront with his advice on the best system for my house. No issues with the installation and the team were polite during the time at my house. No issues to date with the system installed.

Prompt service, quality products and tidy installation

Soltek Energy have recently (yesterday) installed a 6kW solar system and new heat pump hot water system for us.

From the initial site visit and meeting with Damien through the quoting, options and subsequent negotiation process to co-ordination of installation dates, energy retailer and the installation itself they have been very good to deal with. Very prompt, courteous, informative and tidy. We have only had our system for one day but so far so good.

Thanks Soltek

So far so good

I've got three quotes very quickly through Solarquotes. All the sales are freindly and helpful, also willing to give information that I was asking. I decided to go with Solartek because their system suits me better. No hard feelings from the other two guys. The installation was quick and I had solar produced power right after the installation. They also organised the grid connection. So far so good though the winter sun doesn't help much.

Original Review on 08-11-2020:

Very nice and helpful

They were very helpful,not at all pushy like some cheaper companies,Micheal came to my house to talk to me,the installers were very professional just got on with the job the electrician was very nice and polite,I am glad I went with Soltek,I got LG panels and Solaredge inverters, Original ratings

8 months later we asked Sarah: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it certainly has,i have not paid a electricity bill for over six months

Streamlined process.

Every part of the process was efficient from the quote to the installer to the administration and paperwork.

Quote excellent and offered a small discount for LG panels which was better than Trina panels.

Install was great, on time and tidy.

I had to insist on box being installed in electric box rather than at my front door which would have been ugly. Installer made it work which I was happy about.

I only wish there was better instructions on how to understand Enohase app but I’m sure I’ll learn as we go

Thank you Finn for your office guidance. A great service!

Great value, great technical knowledge

Michael from Soltek was very responsive, knowledgeable and ran me through a few different scenarios. The quotes provided accurately reflected what was discussed, met my needs and were very prompt.

The installation was pain free and without any major issues.

Following installation the internet connection and logical panel layout were set up in the monitoring application in a timely manner.

Almost there

If I would be selecting solar solution now, i would go a bit differently. I didn't know how to ask all questions at the time. My roof is difficult but i still feel that we could have achieved more efficient system.

My mistake was to engage the solar companies during peak times, several companies didn't even bother to reply for requests, but Soltek was always there. Very active and very professional from the beginning to the end.

Final panel layout was agreed and optimised only on the day of the installation, when in my View should have been done prior, and as part of the pre-sales phase. Maybe currently available tools don't allow to do that just yet?

It all started happily enough ...

It all went smoothly until Soltek left the job incomplete.

The panels were fully functional but they did not complete the connection of the system to the internet (so no online monitoring of the system) and I had to chase them for a month to get them to come back and finish the job.

Original Review on 26-10-2020:

Very Good Experience all through

The whole process of getting a quote, finalising and installation was done very professionally and on time. The installers were proficient and efficient and did a neat and tidy job with no issues or surprises.
Customer service was outstanding and even helped with sending the necessary paperwork to my energy supplier to get a smart meter installed.

8 months later we asked Varaprasad: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Overall system has performed a tad below my expectations mainly in terms of actual solar output as compared to expected solar output.
This could have been addressed by a slight adjustment in the placement of the panels on the northern side of my roof.

Very smooth experience

The Soltek team made the effort to come out to our house to analyse the site and provide a detailed explanation of what was the most suitable system. Installation was smooth and hassle free.

Soltek - 5kW SolarEdge inverter and panels

Only supplier to come out to see and explain to me different inverters and panel options. Their quotes also provided easy way of comparing prices of different inverter/panel combinations.

Once decided on the system, everything was organised quickly and smoothly. They came on-time and completed installation without any issues.

Original Review on 14-10-2020:

Great solar system. Fantastic installers ans Support

Quote process went well, vere very promp for actual site inspection. Answered all my questions on the system I preferred.
Installation completed about 2 weeks after quote accepted. Gave notification of apprx arrival time, arrived on time with phone call before arriving. Spent most of day indtalling system but kept me up to date on progress. Installed in one day.
Dealth with energy provider to link system to smart metre (already installed).
Now purchasing battery with same company to get over daily high peak periods.

8 months later we asked Greg: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Performance to date is excellent bearing in mind have issues with surrounding trees. Saving between $400 to $600 per quarter on electricity which is beneficial to household budget
Like how if battery is low due to little sun during the day the battery is charged at night by grid if excess power available at a cheaper rate

Great Installer

Had some research of Solar in 2018 and put off. And 3 years later, reconsider again. Talk to a few good installer referenced by solarquotes LG, Enphase Tesla and SolarEdge website. Found a lot of sales doesn't really know what they are talking about. And Damien at Soltek gives me the confidence. So decided to use Soltek for my system installer. Installation is done within 2 weeks of quote signed. And on the day of installation, everything is good. they managed to get 27 370W SolarEdge panels system and Tesla battery done within a day. And on the roof they carefully replaced a few tiles that was broken during installation. The only catch is that a wrong version of inverter installed due to quote updated and Damien forgot to replace the big 10KW SolarEdge inverter. But system works from the day of installed without problem. the correct 10KW inverter installed today, a bout 2 and half weeks later. Very happy of the service provided by Soltek. There is only one concern is the SolarEdge monitoring APP. It only gives your daily total power system generated. Not down to panel level. I was told that it is due to I am the owner of system. Installer can see all detail using same APP. There is way to get panel level info on my SolarEdge APP. It costs extra $299.99. That is quite disappointing. It seems SolarEdge likes to keep system owner in dark of their product behave and performance. If one or two panels doesn't function well or fault, it relies on SolarEdge or their installer to notify system owner and get serviced. I don't get Why SolarEdge won't provide available tools regarding their product working order to the owner of products who paid in full. Send my query to SolarEdge Support. SolarEdge created a support case and had one rep asking my site ID. Then, the rep. informs me to closed the case since it is resolved. Very funny. I have not heard from SolarEdge any wording and they likes to close the support case. Complaint and got notification the case is still open. However, never answer my query.

Great System, awesome service

Great service, from quote to install, everything went as promised

Happy

Very happy with the whole quote and installation process. Turned up on time, didn’t leave a mess. Best price for what we got.

Great Team

The Sales Person was comprehensive with good advise. Great installers who were efficient and tidy

Original Review on 25-09-2020:

Good System and Good Quality Service

All the people we dealt with in Soltek Energy were helpful and understanding with our needs as customer. Customer service was superb.

Would like to mention Karan who was patient with our queries, Cindy for the billings, Vincent for organising the paper works with our electricity provider ensuring the smart meter is installed in a timely manner and keeping us updated with the progress. Of course to Patrick and his team for the timely installation of the solar panels, connection to the grid and the very tidy work.

We are impressed.

9 months later we asked Ebenezer: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it did I am happy with my investment in solar Hope others will do the same to do their bit for the environment and their pockets.

Fast process

Sales person is very approachable, He explained how microinverter and DC optimizer worked. He recommended Soledge, but I chose Enphase Micro inverter.

From the confirmation of acceptance of the quote to the installation was really quick. May be because there was cancellation.

The installer followed my request on the position of the solar panels. It was not the best. I wish they had provided some advice for better output.
My system is 8.03 Kw, east/west position. My friend system is 5 Kw, north position. My system generated 0.1 kwh higher at the end of each day. Both are Enphase with LG neon 365. I did not expect that result. I wished I was well advised to position the panels differently.

Just OK

Sales Quote was ok, no room for negotiations.
Installers were good and knowledgeable.
Customer service Unfortunately not good at all.
The connection to the grid was done.
Had panel failure in the second week after the installation, took 3 week to get it fixed.
No documents are provided for the equipment installed.
There was a talk of providing warranty documents and I have yet to receive them.
Sending messages to the sales person does not get any kind of response.

Soltek install

Prompt contact and quote
Presented options with explanations
Prompt responses to questions and install started early and finished on time.
One clarification needed on placement of some panels.
Overall very efficient and responsive.

Soltek LG Solar Install

Just had my solar panels installed by Soltek at Silverwater. Rep actually came to my house to do the quote, discuss and explain options. They do options of many solar systems and price ranges. I went with LG Neon2 6.5kW with 25 year warranty and IQ7A Microinverter 10 year warranty. The install team measured the roof space and did a final onsite configuration of the panels for optimum performance. Highly recommended - https://www.soltekenergy.com.au/

Price-very good, install -very good, system-very good....happy camper here.

The complete experience was very professional, done when they said and for what they said it would cost.
They were with us all the way, assisting at every stage.
Definitely would recommend this company.

Original Review on 27-08-2020:

Well informed and easy to understand

Solar and all of the different options for both panels and inverters very well explained in our visit from Damien. Quote was clear and well laid out and reflected the options available. A lot of information provided for us to make the final decision.

Communication from the company was prompt and very clear. All of our changeover with our energy provider was handled and completed within a few weeks.

A minor issue with our roof post installation was resolved extremely efficiently by the team.

9 months later we asked Sue: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System has performed extremely well. The app is well worth the money - it is easy to track the times that the solar is working and time when to use key appliances. Electricity bills are about 1/3 to 1/4 of what they used to be.

Original Review on 15-09-2020:

A happy customer

Each stage of the design, quotation and installation was easily managed by Soltek. The sales person (Mike) was well-informed and everything went very smoothly. Original ratings

8 months later we asked William Bill: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it has. I didn't realise that I needed to install a consumption meter for my consumption to be measured on the Solar Edge app but once that was installed (for an additional $700) it gave me the stats that I wanted.

Soltek was the only company that sent out a person to discuss our requirements and concerns

Salesperson was excellent, no hard sale just facts and practical advice on optimal location of panels.

Installation was great even though interrupted by rain. On time as promised, clean and tidy.

All connection was organised and everything went well without a hitch.

Another happy customer!!

Soltek was the only company that gave a range of options in their quotation based on the budget and the preferred country of origin that I mentioned to them.
The installation went smoothly and I am very happy with their after sales service.

Selected SOLTEK after comparing with 2 other installers because they offered several options to choose from and were very flexible with the selection and also provided guidance and advice not just on saving money but on other importance factors like safety and performance. Decided to proceed with LG NeON2 365 panels and Enphase Micro inverters. They were very prompt in installing the system within a week after confirmation of order. Had a minor issue with Enphase metering after installation but it was quickly fixed and system is running really well. Very happy with the performance.

Solar Systems now Attractive to Older Home Owners

Amazing technical advances in photo voltaic, inverter and metering technology combined with the experience of the staff at SolTek Energy now convinced an old skeptic (near 80 yr old electrical Engineer) that solar power was right for our older home. The Sales rep was very knowledgeable about the current market and answered honestly the many difficult technical questions I put to him. He confirmed the facts I had found from my long term interest in the development of this industry and judged my desire for a good but not gold plated system. At my stage in life a 25 yr warranty wasn't worth the addition premium cost.Hence the "Quality of System" was only given 4 stars but rates 5 stars for my needs.
The SolTek installation team were on site at the agreed time and carried out the bulk on the work on the first day. However being one man down due to illness prevented them completing the installation on the first day. They returned as promised about a week later and completed the job. In the meantime the Office admin organised the replacement of the old analogue meters with smart meters a few days after the installation was completed. Their workmanship was excellent but both the SolTek team and the Energy authority Electrician were tightly time constrained with only limited time available to fully explain the operation of the various parts of the system. The 4 star rating of the remaining customer service is because paperwork at both SolTek and Origin Energy is still outstanding. I'd give 5 star if all eventually is finalized as promised.

Great value for money - top of the line system at a highly competitive price

The Soltek team were quick to respond to my request for a quote and provided a great amount of useful information to help guide our decision. They provided a number of options of combinations of panels and inverters and were happy to talk through the pros and cons of each option.

The one thing that stood out was that Soltek only quoted on premium products (we went for LG Panels and Fronius inverter) - yet the price wasn't much more than other companies who were quoting for lower quality products.

The process was easy and the Soltek team gave us confidence that everything was taken care of - including dealing with our energy provider to register the system, managing the rebate paperwork etc.

The only (small-ish) issue we had was with coordination between the sales team and the installation team. We had quite short notice (one business day) for the appointment, then it was cancelled in the morning and rescheduled. The installer didn't have the correct design/layout (wasn't aware that we were paying to have old system removed) and brought the incorrect inverter. But these things happen and Vincent from the office was quick to sort it out.

Overall, really happy with the system, value for money and the installation. Would recommend Soltek.

Original Review on 21-08-2020:

Top quality system already producing better than expected results.

Of the four companies we had quote for us, the salesperson for Soltek provided the most comprehensive explanation of our options. Whilst it was amongst the more expensive quotes, we also had a choice of panels and inverters which had much shorter warranty periods. Given that we are planning to stay for a while, the higher price was less of a concern. Soltek was the first company to get in touch and asked to come out to inspect the site. Some others made that optional or were happy to provide quotes via email without seeing exactly how shading affects our location. The installation was scheduled within two weeks, and despite two days of heavy rain, they returned on day three and had the job done in one day. We have a tricky roofline for cabling, but the installers found a way to position the inverter exactly where we wanted it without the need for external conduit showing. After-sales service had been responsive as I needed help configuring the application used to monitor the system, and this was addressed quickly. Original ratings

Nine months on from installation and all is going well. We started back in August 2020 and were getting an average of 37kW per day, with the best days exceeding 50kW. A particularly sunny November saw the daily average rise to 48kW with occasional peaks in the mid 60's and the worst at 18kW. In early December we got close to 70kW for a few days before bad weather set in for much of the month. At the height of summer in January we saw 11 days exceed 60kW, with a daily average around 45kW thanks to a couple of weeks of heavy cloud resulting in several days of single digit production. Overall, the system continues to produce far more than the 42.6kW per day we were quoted so we have no complaints at all. There are a few things we were told about which would impact the cost savings, but it wasn't until we had the system for a while that we could see the exact figures. Several blackouts in our area during summer shut down production, so we missed out on selling back some excess power on sunny days. Also, the fact the water heater is not able to be incorporated in the system means there is a significant portion of our bill which cannot be reduced. Whilst we have been able to reduce the power we purchase from around 45kW per day to 16kW per day, the water heater now accounts for 45% of our bill, with the remainder being discretionary use of power during hours of darkness. Overall, we're glad we took the plunge and have been happy to recommend solar to anyone who asks.
Was very Happy with Karam the sales rep. He helpful, knowledgeable, promptly returned calls, emails and made changes to the system spec and provided quotes as requested.

Once I paid my deposit, they processed my order and got back within a few days to lock in a date.

The installation team turned up on the due date, were on time, friendly, courteous, clean / tidy and did a good job installing the products and provided all the required installation certification paperwork.

I had one system issue that the manufacturer requested Soltek attend site to check the system configuration. After a minor delay organising a visit through the office, the installers were back on site and investigated the issue as per the manufacturer's request.

Overall, my experience with Soltek has been positive. I would have no issue recommending them based on my experiences with their pre / post sales teams and installation team.

Works complete

Communication between Soltek, their subcontractor and myself was not the best. Additional works were required to change out an optimiser that wasn't working. It took them four weeks to come back and they arrived to do the repair without notice.

I wasn't happy with some unsecured wiring by the subcontractor. Soltek organised for this to be repaired and secured to the roof.

Sales process and actual day of install ran smoothly. System working well so far.

The quote could have used some more detail on it. We had a miss understanding where I thought the system would provide consumption data through the solaredge app as this was what I was shown at point of sale. This turned out this was not included in the price.

Good job installers nice people

Sales convincing. Although the prices were set and would not negotiate for cheaper price.
Excellent good job great blokes
Good service and they organised the grid connection

Great experience, easy process

Michael from Soltek was thorough, gave me a clear quote and great explanation of what I needed and why.

Pricing was competitive.

Installers were courteous and friendly. Spotted a couple of broken tiles on roof and swapped them. Cleaned up any mess and installation was neat and tidy.

Energy Consultants producing custom solution

Soltek came to me as Energy Consultants, they looked over what I was spending and recommended solution that was Future Proofing and Energy Efficient

Their proposal was custom solution after spending time with me and it was not a "Copy & Paste" solution

We installed
- Solar Panels
- Heat Pump

Damien, Michael, Vincent are the Dream Team!

Very professional sales, installers and office staff. Happy to answer all our questions.

See above. It was a very smooth and professional job. The installers were experienced and, polite and tidy. The office was very helpful in liaising with our energy supplier.

Professional and responsive to my questions

They quoted on the system I asked for and didn't try to sell me brands I didn't want.

The installation was very professional and I am pleased with they way they went about the job.

So far the follow up has been very good.

Original Review on 21-06-2020:

Great installation, great information - not amazing after sales service

Mike from Soltek came on site, explained in detail what I needed and answered all my questions. The installation was fast as we were lucky to be able to take a cancellation spot meaning we had it installed quicker than expected. However, the after-sales service has not been good at all. We had some re-wiring done on the recommendation of the installer about a week after the install, which resulted in the monitoring software not reporting correctly. After 5 attempts to contact Soltek and logging a ticket with Solar Edge (supplier) myself, I finally got a response saying that someone would come out to check the problem when there was another job in the area. This hasn't happened yet, weeks later. I'm still waiting to be contacted with how to rectify the issue. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Skye: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I got my first zero dollar bill (actually it was a $30 credit) over the summer, where the same period the previous year was $900. The advice provided by the consultant was spot on, I really couldn’t fault him. So glad we made the switch, and I’m embarrassed we didn’t do it earlier. It was a bit of an outlay but the ROI is outstanding - much better than expected!