Soltek Energy Reviews

About Soltek Energy, Solar Installers

Soltek Energy
Platinum Partner
Soltek Energy is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 35 138 588 584  ABN active since 02 Sep 2009 | Soltek Energy Pty Ltd
ACN: 138 588 584  ACN active since 30 Jul 2009 | Soltek Energy Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 220517C Soltek Energy Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $5,900 - $10,400 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Soltek Energy is a leading provider of solar power solutions throughout Australia in both commercial and residential environments. The company has a team of specialist renewable electrical engineers who are experienced in solar technology. The Australian company aims to help customers lower their energy bills while reducing their impact on the environment - both things that can be achieved through a high quality solar power system. Soltek Energy is accredited by the Clean Energy Council, giving customers assurance that they are getting the best possible service and expertise. The company can also offer advice on making the most of government rebates and incentives.

Soltek Energy Solar Reviews

Very Good Experience all through

The whole process oif getting a quote, finalising and installation was done very professionally and on time. The installers were proficient and efficient and did a neat and tidy job with no issues or surprises.
Customer service was outstanding and even helped with sending the necessary paperwork to my energy supplier to get a smart meter installed.

Good Services

Soltek Energy salesperson explained various products to us as well as their pros and cons. Installation went well. Overall, I am happy with their services. Show additional information

Great solar system. Fantastic installers ans Support

Quote process went well, vere very promp for actual site inspection. Answered all my questions on the system I preferred.
Installation completed about 2 weeks after quote accepted. Gave notification of apprx arrival time, arrived on time with phone call before arriving. Spent most of day indtalling system but kept me up to date on progress. Installed in one day.
Dealth with energy provider to link system to smart metre (already installed).
Now purchasing battery with same company to get over daily high peak periods.

A difficult job done well

Very happy with our installation. The team did a great job and came up with innovative solutions to get everything done in one day.
Looking forward to many years of generating our own power

Everything as planned. Great experience

Quote/Sale process - The initial quote was clear and detailed. Before finalising, though, a representative of the company came to inspect the site and re-quoted the same day. From there, all the process to confirm, pay and get to the installation was exactly as planned.

Installation - I was given a timeframe for arrival due to traffic uncertainties. The installers showed up in the early part of such timeframe, explained everything they were about to do, gave really good advice about the layout of the panels and also spent some time explaining some technical details of the system itself. At the end, they left everything extremely clean (literally: no debris, no leftovers, no garbage) and the installed system looks awesome

Customer service - Soltek's office people are friendly, their communication is prompt and precise. The initial setup has been very easy and the paperwork to setup a change of meter came through very soon.

Overall, the experience we had with Soltek has been nothing short of amazing from the first contact to the final stages. I would strongly recommend this company.

Good System and Good Quality Service

All the people we dealt with in Soltek Energy were helpful and understanding with our needs as customer. Customer service was superb.

Would like to mention Karan who was patient with our queries, Cindy for the billings, Vincent for organising the paper works with our electricity provider ensuring the smart meter is installed in a timely manner and keeping us updated with the progress. Of course to Patrick and his team for the timely installation of the solar panels, connection to the grid and the very tidy work.

We are impressed.

Easy process, good communication

Able to explain the process in easy terms. Once we confirm the quote, installation was quick and effortless.
Soltek, organized smart meter and connection to the online monitoring

Best Value, Service and Size System for our family needs

Overall very happy in choosing Soltek from start to finish.
Started with a great Salesperson who was very polite, punctual and communicated every step of the way. He was very thorough and informative. Provided several option and explained each system benefits clearly.
Whilst there was initially a delay of a couple weeks to the scheduled installation date due to waiting for the inverter to arrive and another week due to bad weather. The installation team on the day was punctual, polite and communicated every step. Once installed they cleaned up after themselves apart from leaving some dust on the roof tiles, which was washed away several days later due to rain.
Now we have had our 8.14Kw system installed for about a week, and I've got access to the Fronius SolarWeb App its great to see how the our system is generating great output. Very Happy at the moment. Just waiting for the Electricity retailer to replace the old meter to the new smart meter which will hopefully be next week, so we can start exporting back to the grid and hopefully start saving.
We are extremely happy with choosing Soltek due to their great service and they had the best system and value for our needs.

Great team of installers

I went with Soltek energy as they were the only one that actually came out to my house for the quote which i liked as i like to meet the people i'm spending a lot of money with, the guys that came out to install were awsome, there team leader explained everything at the start as to what they were going to do. they were on time and got straight into the job. soltek organized with our solar company to have the grid connection done so we didnt have to deal with it which made things very easy. Show additional information

Another happy customer

Very happy with the service.
The installation company was polite, tidy and punctual.

If you want the Best Installer Look No Further

We had a seven year old 3kW string system which was no longer producing due to shadowing and the configurations were not optimum. Since we are unable to travel due to CoVid19 we decided to use the money allocated to upgrade our crappy system by replacing it and increasing it by 264% to a 7.92kW system.

The selection process was very rigour. We sent out out EOI to approximately 12 installers of which only 50% responded within a few days and the other in two to three weeks. I excluded those who did not respond within a week, have an international call centre, only want to chat over the phone and no site visit. Our site is unique and a site visit is a must. Many also said SolarEdge does not make panels. Hmmmmm.... How can one be in the Solar business and know what manufactures are out there.

We decided on Soltek as an installer because:
- 11 years in business
- Owner of the business actually visited our home (DamianS)
- Quick to response
- Upfront with the systems available from them and pro and cons
- Quick to quote
- Consultative and honest
- Seamless
- Accepts credit card payment. This is a must because there are too many rouges out there when a deposit or job is paid and if there were an issue with system it practically impossible to hunt down. Security of the Bank to withdraw payments especially in these climate.

Why did we go with SolarEdge?
- The technology
- Single manufacturer for both panels and inverter
- Have an office in Australia (Melbourne)
- Reasonable extended warranty to 20 or 25 years.
- Good reviews both locally and international

SolarEdge is an Israeli an organisation. Science and technology in Israel is one of the country's most developed sectors. Israel spent 4.3% of its gross domestic product (GDP) on civil research and development in 2015, the highest ratio in the world. In 2019, Israel was ranked the world's fifth most innovative country by the Bloomberg Innovation Index.

Onsite Installation Experience
Team Dennis arrived on time and the installation started at 7:30am and ended at 5:30pm. They had a lot to do, removing the old system and install the new across 4 roofs. Dennis was a great communicator and the team worked non stop. There were also careful to not break any roof tiles. Dennis was the last to leave. He ensure the system is up and running before he left.

Offsite Installation Experience
The office was also great. Cindy manages all the payment processing and Vincent in the setting up the account configurations with SolarEdge. Both were quick to respond to enquires. The runner also help source some spare roof tiles incase there are any breakages. Unfortunately we did not need any.

A happy customer

Each stage of the design, quotation and installation was easily managed by Soltek. The sales person (Mike) was well-informed and everything went very smoothly. Show additional information

Good

Quoting process went by smoothly, we got a replacement for out current system, and the sales representative explained what would be required. Answered all our followup questions and concerns.
Installers were professional and friendly.
Took a while for the final bill to come in. When it did, they were very understanding when doing collections, and were willing to wait for a short period for funds to come in.

Superb Install; Happy Customer

I had an idea & Damien and his team delivered. From the first to last phone call, I felt reassured.

I did my own research & Damien even told me about new microinverter technologies I didn't know about. Damien gave me some recommendations and helped me every step of the way. Customer service was excellent

Blake and the install team arrived on time and installed panels, microinverters and Tesla Powerwall as quoted. They showed me how everything worked & helped set up the monitoring apps (no hiccups)

All paperwork was provided straight away and effortlessly. Damien has even helped with ongoing support. I'm deeply satisfied with the outcome.

Exceptional pricing, staff, customer service and quality workmanship

Sales/quoting: thoroughly &expertly explained
Installation: staff punctual, always polite, professional & tidy
Cust Service: excellent polite timely

Expert Advice and service

Soltek Energy was the only supplier that visited the premises. Damien expertly describe available options and also had great recommendations for panel and box locations.

The installers arrived on time and installed the panels to the quoted specifications. Customer Service throughout was polite, expert and timely. All the paperwork for connection to the grid was provided soon after installation.

I am very pleased with the outcome.

Good installer

I like that I got the quotes for different sizes, different panels and different inverters all in one go. It was then easy to compare and select what was best for us.
The installation was good, the team arrived on time, made sure the system worked and left it tidy.
So far no issues.

Well informed and easy to understand

Solar and all of the different options for both panels and inverters very well explained in our visit from Damien. Quote was clear and well laid out and reflected the options available. A lot of information provided for us to make the final decision.

Communication from the company was prompt and very clear. All of our changeover with our energy provider was handled and completed within a few weeks.

A minor issue with our roof post installation was resolved extremely efficiently by the team.

Great explanation of what I am buying

Good options. Took time to explain the components so I understood what I am buying. If performance meets the sales activity I will be very pleased Show additional information

Very Professional

Our installation was a very positive experience. We were concerned, because there are a lot of rogue solar installers out there.

Soltek came highly recommended from a friend and I was equally happy with quality, attention to detail, politeness and customer service.

So far, the power generation exceeds what we expected.

Well done Soltek.

Top quality system already producing better than expected results.

Of the four companies we had quote for us, the salesperson for Soltek provided the most comprehensive explanation of our options. Whilst it was amongst the more expensive quotes, we also had a choice of panels and inverters which had much shorter warranty periods. Given that we are planning to stay for a while, the higher price was less of a concern. Soltek was the first company to get in touch and asked to come out to inspect the site. Some others made that optional or were happy to provide quotes via email without seeing exactly how shading affects our location. The installation was scheduled within two weeks, and despite two days of heavy rain, they returned on day three and had the job done in one day. We have a tricky roofline for cabling, but the installers found a way to position the inverter exactly where we wanted it without the need for external conduit showing. After-sales service had been responsive as I needed help configuring the application used to monitor the system, and this was addressed quickly. Show additional information

Sales rep came and met my criteria as well as being the cheapest supplier.

Quote process - OK except Energus did not make contact until after I made a purchase which was disappointing. They replied 3 days after I advised Solar Quotes as such.

Installation - Young team, very polite. Just concerned with the level of WHS controls. Otherwise they were very helpful and easy to work with.
Grid Connection - No. I still don't have grid connection from my supplier Simply Energy. The Soltek rep made the application but left the remainder with me. It would be good if they offered some advice on there knowledge of providers. My provider is offering only 8c return which is one of the lowest but the standard supply rates are very low. We were looking to test it out as there is no long term contract or get out clause.
I had to push Soltek to send out warranties and finish the monitoring setup but otherwise helpful when I did chase up.

Installer good they had trouble getting the MUD to show up on the software, but it now works

Check your switchboard that there is room for the new solar meter NSW Ausgrid 180mm X 270mm, as I had to get the service neautral link moved. Still waiting for Ausgrid to come back and install the new meter. Show additional information

Top solar system

Good quote, good prompt installation, they organised everything, good follow up... Show additional information

Soltek Energy delivered

Soltek came to our house and had a meaningful discussion on the panel placement, shade issues and the options to best manage. On installation day the team was prompt, polite and courteous. Patrick who managed the actual site installation was excellent. He discussed each piece of the installation throughout the day.

Customer service was fine. They were prompt with each action required with the grid connection, consumption meter apps etc. The system is installed and working well. We would recommend them to others considering solar.

Installation was effortless on the day.

The crew were polite and punctual. The site was left tidy and the crew were always helpful and did a very neat job. There was a power issue after the installation and the company came out twice to ensure it was not the solar connection or inverter. All enquiries by phone or email were handled promptly. They advised to contact the supply company and after several visits from the supply company it ended up being a connection problem from the grid. All fixed now, just waiting on a new smart meter promised for next week. Show additional information

Great service and advice, good quality installation, and good value for money solution.

Damien provided a clear quote with options to allow us to review and select the appropriate system.
The process from finalising the quote to installation was well managed. The installation team were friendly and assessed the requirements to leave a very neat job, which fitted well with our existing downpiping.
Follow-up with grid connection worked well and Damien helped with some glitches with the app.

Solid choice

Great advice from system designer, prompt contacts, competitive price, install went well and minor install issues were addressed before completion. Show additional information

Great solar knowledge, great workmanship and a great price point

I have nothing but praise for Damien and his team at Soltek. I sadly research everything to the nth degree (analysis paralysis!). So I spent 2 years researching solar, and finally bit the bullet and got 8 (yes possibly over the top) installers to quote for a 10kW system. My research showed that the order of importance was 1) The installer, 2) the inverter, 3) the panels. All installers were listed as Platinum installers on SQ, but wow there are big differences between them in terms of knowledge, understanding, proposals and pricing. As soon as I started talking to Damien from Soltek I knew he was the right person for the job. His knowledge was second to none, his proposal was spot on and the pricing was really competitive. I ended up with QCell & Solaredge (as I do have some shading issues, mainly in the morning), and could not be happier. I also got the Modbus (consumption monitor) which I find really useful. I have already recommended Soltek to other friends, and they are getting their install done through Soltek as well. Show additional information

Quick installation and helpful in terms of dealing with our energy retailer

The whole process was great start to finish. Mike and his team at Soltek were quick and easy to deal with Show additional information

Pretty easy and painless

Sales process was very smooth, the installation had a few bumps but ask god in the end.
The person I initially dealt with held my hand the whole way and calmly made everything happen.

Good system

Sales and quoting was done professionally by Damien. Installation was hampered by bad weather and Covid, but when it was done the team worked diligently even though it was raining on the day after all. They were tidy, polite and punctual. Grid connection was done seamlessly, and I am very, very pleased with the outcome.

I can recommend Damien and his team from Soltek.

Excellent service all round from initial consultation to installation and follow up

The sales/quoting process was very worthwhile as the representative spent a lot of time explains and putting together his ideas on the best system for us.
The installation went very smoothly, on time, and very neat. And a cover for the inverter was installed shortly afterwards as promised.
The customer service was excellent and they helped organise the grid connection.

Good people to deal with

Of the four businesses that quoted (three through Solarquotes, one we obtained locally), the Soltek team inspired the greatest confidence. One team was too pushy, and also wanted to put panels specifically where council said we couldn't (heritage conservation area). Their system size was also small. Another team quoted far more, for more or less the same system. (This was also true of the 'local' quote.)

Damien provided a prompt and thorough quote (including more options, both cheaper and more expensive [eg, micro inverters versus optimisers], for me to choose from). He answered questions promptly and thoroughly. The back office people were efficient and professional with respect to paperwork, both before and after installation (smart meter application). Overall, this was the team that I felt most comfortable with.

Installation was complicated by inclement weather and took four attempts to complete, clearly no fault of the team. It was neat and tidy, no mess was left. Brad ended up coming on a Sunday to finish setup.

We have had the system for a month now, and it appears to be working according to specifications.

I can see why Soltek scores highly on Solarquote's satisfaction table, and indeed we have already recommended them to a neighbour.

Great installation, great information - not amazing after sales service

Mike from Soltek came on site, explained in detail what I needed and answered all my questions. The installation was fast as we were lucky to be able to take a cancellation spot meaning we had it installed quicker than expected. However, the after-sales service has not been good at all. We had some re-wiring done on the recommendation of the installer about a week after the install, which resulted in the monitoring software not reporting correctly. After 5 attempts to contact Soltek and logging a ticket with Solar Edge (supplier) myself, I finally got a response saying that someone would come out to check the problem when there was another job in the area. This hasn't happened yet, weeks later. I'm still waiting to be contacted with how to rectify the issue. Show additional information

Very satisfied with my choice of system and installer

The quoting process was really good. Salesman made on a site visit and the plans were adjusted based on my feedback and suggestions and the pricing options were well laid out and explained.

The installation team were excellent - arrived on time and were consultative throughout the process. The panels and cabling were all neatly installed. There was an initial issue with high voltage which impacted the performance of the solar but Soltek arranged for Ausgrid to visit and the issue was corrected the following day.

Dealing with the customer service team was good - they have also assisted with organising the forms for smart meter installation with the electricity retailer.

friendly people to deal with, helpful with our quieries, fast and efficient workmanship. No hassles at all.

the quoting was factual and informative, the installation was done quickly and with no problems, they were punctual and tidy, and did all the work to have it connected with no problems at all. Show additional information

Super easy and quick with good advice

Responsive and thoughtful advice and quick quoting process. Quick and efficient installation, if a little bit 'make it up on the day'. Happy we are using the sun now to power our house. Show additional information

Great installation

Everything went well, the sales process was smooth and efficient, the product options and prices seemed fair. Installers were punctual and helpful. System was well installed and high quality. Show additional information

Happy Solar Home

Efficient sales and installation process. The system started producing solar power immediately. AGL we’re contacted and grid connection set up the next day. Installers were neat and polite, took 6 hours. Have the SolarEdge app which is very useful Show additional information

Great quote but the service thereafter less impressive

I was impressed with the quote as it very comprehensive and informative. It came down to price in the end as both quotes I got were faultless. But once I sent through my deposit, I was less impressed:
I had to chase them for date of installation twice.
The installers left a bit of a mess.
I had to ask them for the receipt for payment twice as had not received anything after 2 weeks although paid on date of installation as they stipulated -the invoice came within 2 hours of installation.
I needed to get them to revise invoice as they did not require to angle as many panels as quoted.
I had to ask for the written warranties for panels and work done, as had not received anything apart from the original quote which I signed and sent back with deposit but not signed by soltek.
The paper work to the energy provider to connect to grid was not sent to me to sign until 3 days after installation and so was not submitted to the energy provider until a week after installation. I did not realise this had not be done prior to payment.
From trial and error, I now know a lot more about the process of connecting my solar to the grid and changing energy providers but it was not through information provided by soltek.
I am still waiting to have my meter reconfigured so I can claim feed in tarrifs with my new energy provider and it’s been a month since installation. This however is my own doing as I changed energy providers soon after installation without understanding what needed to be done and the process involved.
A bit disappointed overall with the service.

Hi Lisa,

The receipt was sent to you the day when payment was initially received, then again on 15/05/2020 when you requested the 2nd time, then once again on Friday 29/05/2020, I am very sorry if the previous email hasn’t reached you.

We do sincerely apology about the mess the installer has left, this is not done to our standards, please let me know if there is anything we could do to help.

Please feel free to contact us on 1300 844 445 if you require any further help.

Happy with the whole process

The Sales and Quoting process was good, Installation was neat and tidy, punctual, they helped with the grid connection the only thing was as I knew nothing about how it worked as he did not explain so I rang the Salesman who immediately came out and realised the installer had not told me about the App which is partly my fault but I did not know how it all worked but he is rectifying that for me now so that was good service, no problem to him at all. Show additional information

Prompt response & goor service

Prompt response to our initial enquiry. Provided clear options that would meet our needs. Installation was smooth and quick. No complaints so far! Show additional information

Helpful dedicated team. Any issues were responded to in a timely manner. Very clean and tidy installation. Great customer relations

Salesperson was excellent and had a lot of advise and suggestions, which we took up.
Installation guys were great. Clean, quick and polite
Excellent customer service

Efficient installation

Professional installation, they are polite, punctual and tidy. This is the second time I have used this company and I do so as I trust their work. Show additional information

Great SolarEdge system at a good price

Good service and informative quote with multiple system options.
Neat installation that looks good on the roof.
Only small negative is the installation crew left some mess. Zip ties and cable insulation scraps were left on the ground and on the roof.
Overall a good experience and I’m happy with the SolarEdge system.

Successful Installation

Soltek Energy were very good with their quote and changed the design to meet my changing requirements. I felt I was getting a reasonably correct story which was logical and understandable. After needing to change the design requirements the quote was effectively modified and Mick tried hard to meet my needs.

The installation team came when agreed and installed the panels and system. The 3 man team worked well and were polite respectful and efficient. We changed the design on the day twice to make it less visible from the street. I got a worse design for my trouble but that is really my fault. I can't really blame the company but I would advise everyone not to do this as I did.

The office assisted me to have a new meter request submitted and the new meter from AGL will be installed in 3 days.

The installers did an excellent job. They cleaned up after themselves, worked hard and showed us how to use the real-time monitoring app.

I am very happy with my experience and I would recommend Soltek. Show additional information

Perserverance for the installation of a complex system

- Sales process and sales person was very straight forward and provided a good range of options for consideration.
- Installers were good to work with as they had a challenging roof to deal. They were prepared to go the extra mile to find the best solution.
- Customer service was generally responsive and always provide resolution to any issues that were encountered.

A good job, responsive service

Good, responsive customer service. Answered all our questions in sufficient detail, without hesitation. Re star ratings for value for money and quality of system, we think we chose well, but have no other installations, so can't rate these at this time. Show additional information