Soltek Energy Reviews

About Soltek Energy, Solar Installers

Soltek Energy
Platinum Partner
Soltek Energy is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 35 138 588 584  ABN active since 02 Sep 2009 | Soltek Energy Pty Ltd
ACN: 138 588 584  ACN active since 30 Jul 2009 | Soltek Energy Pty Ltd

Soltek Energy is a leading provider of solar power solutions throughout Australia in both commercial and residential environments. The company has a team of specialist renewable electrical engineers who are experienced in solar technology. The Australian company aims to help customers lower their energy bills while reducing their impact on the environment - both things that can be achieved through a high quality solar power system. Soltek Energy is accredited by the Clean Energy Council, giving customers assurance that they are getting the best possible service and expertise. The company can also offer advice on making the most of government rebates and incentives.

Soltek Energy Solar Reviews

friendly people to deal with, helpful with our quieries, fast and efficient workmanship. No hassles at all.

the quoting was factual and informative, the installation was done quickly and with no problems, they were punctual and tidy, and did all the work to have it connected with no problems at all. Show additional information

Great installation which I will recommend to others

Quoting process was efficient and providing all the relevant info. Installation was efficient, tidy, politer and punctual. Show additional information

The company answered all my questions before installation, the installation was quick, the team was professional and very friendly. Also costumer service is excellent. The system works better than I expected. Show additional information

Good product and efficient installation

So far it has been an easy process to get the system installed and underway. A bit of confusion/delay with the company notifying the energy provider. Quick efficient installation and the installer was very patient and understanding and did a good job. Show additional information

Good Price, Poor Service

We are absolutely loving our new Solar system. The system is generating the expected power and the analytics from the SolarEdge app are very useful. We are yet to get an electricity bill since installation but are already generating over our average summer daily usage and summer hasn't even started yet.

From the beginning, however, I found Soltek Energy quite rude pushy from a sales perspective (the rep refused to leave until we had signed a contract) and their service slow and uninformative. We had to chase up the team for completion certificates which we were originally told would be sent to our electricity provider for us (they were not) as well as chasing up configuration of the panels in the SolarEdge app (which again we were told would be done). We were quoted about $1k more for the same system with a different company with much better service, however at the time, could not warrant the extra expense.

The actual installation was carried out promptly and the team was polite, tidy and they went out of their way not to interrupt our day too much, which is very helpful with three small children.

Overall, what appears to be an excellent system at a respectable price and the savings against other quotes make up for the lack of service.

Great price for great system and installation was completed in a professional way

Great in all aspects and all seems good at the moment Show additional information

Great system and excellent service.

From the very start I found Soltek very easy to deal with. Karan visit our house and was very knowledgeable in his review of the site and quotation. He was able to explain the differences in solar systems and the reasons why they recommended a particular product.
The install process itself was simple and carried out efficiently and on the date scheduled.

I have had a couple of queries with the Soltek admin team post installation and each time I received a prompt and helpful reply.

Soltek, LG, Solaredge

Sales / Quoting was pretty straight forward as I had already selected what I wanted. Soltek was not the first quote I received, I had others who were very responsive and 1 other who never responded back after a call and an email response from myself. But, Soltek provide a good price upfront, knowledgeable sales and no pressure.

Installation was done well and although I did not watch them it looked pretty tidy. They had suggested some alternative ways to keep the cabling and conduit clean rather than just perform a job just to get it done. Very happy with how it was all wired up no ugly conduits along the wall of the house.

Great customer service, quick responses and no hassle.

I had the Modbus installed as well but unless the meter is upgrade to suit solar you won't get too much which is no fault of Soltek. You'll just have to wait for the energy retailer.

Would highly recommend Soltek as installers

Competitive pricing, tidy installation

I had a few quotes from 5-6 companies and when I met Karan for their pricing, he basically beat all the others. The installers were at house early morning as it was scheduled and the job was done quick and tidy.
The overall experience was great.

Informative

I had the 3 recommended quotes, Soltek sat with me and discussed in detail the various systems available. I had no idea to that point that I had these choices. I chose the SolarEdge fully integrated system which meant the panels could be arrayed north east and west thus maximising the solar system.
This array produces electricity for 10 hours a day and going into spring and summer I’m sure that will increase.

Very Efficient

Very professional level of service, the CT was installed wrong way round, came back and fixed it very efficiently Show additional information

Quality product and great service!

Overall it was a pleasant experience. The sales person first came to our house and explained the different solar technologies and explained the pros and cons for each type of system. He explained to us which type of system will be most suitable to our requirements and also showed a few live examples through an app of the performance and history of a similar system in the area. The prices were very competitive and the installation process was carried out by licensed professionals. They then provided the certificates and other paperwork in time that I could submit to my energy retailer to change my electricity meter and start getting feed-in credits.

There was a small issue with the wifi unit but both the sales executive and the operations team were happy to help and provided great customer service experience in resolving the issue for us at the earliest. I would be happy to recommend Soltek and the team to friends and family to obtain their solar system.

Very competent at installing, great price, but could improve a little on post installation customer service

One of 2 (out of 3) installers that visited and could therefore give a more accurate design. Perhaps the sales process was a little short - I learned a lot more from the competition. Overall the price was a lot less than the competition for the same system and given Soltek’s good ratings decided to go with them. Installation was scheduled 2 weeks from the day of the quote. The installation team worked hard for a day a got it all done. We did have to keep encouraging the office to get the monitoring set up, and then get the certificates sent to the power company for a change to a smart meter. We finally have the meter and are getting paid for our feed in. I chose a Solaredge inverter due to shade, over micro inverters. Hoping the reliability has improved, but can’t complain about the output of 30KWh on full sun days at the end of August for a 6KWh system. Show additional information

Straightforward and Responsive

I did my research on solar system and packages. I did shop around for quotes. I spoke to Damien and he was very straight forward. He gave me very competitive pricing quote and also told me about different options if I wanted. He also answered any additional I asked which I couldn't find in my solar research. I completed all my paperwork and installation happened a week later.

My solar system is up and running as soon as it was installed.

I really enjoyed communicating with Soltex team. They really worked together to try and deliver great outcome to their customers. I would definitely recommend Soltex Energy to other people who is looking for solar system installation. Overall, I always recommend to do your research. Definitely consider Soltex Energy as one of your research company since I really had positive outcome from their team.

Great Job

We have been so happy with all dealings with Soltek Energy. Our quote was very fair and easy to understand. Panels installed professionally and all tradesmen polite, tiday and punctual. Customer service have been very helpful. Highly recommend. Show additional information

Time will tell if the solar installation is worth in a a year time !!

Have a bit of trouble with installing the Envory meter. Not reading the production and consumption initially. Ok after 2nd visit.
Still waiting AGL to install the smart meter.

Very pleasant experience.

From the very first time I spoke with Damien and got my quotes I was very impressed. I was left alone to continue my research until I was ready to settle on a system. Not only are the prices great but the quick turn around from signing to the install was super quick. A good quality system, great installers and from a company that has been around for ages to give me the peace of mind if anything was to go wrong. System is working awesome and I couldn’t be happier. Can’t recommend Soltek Energy enough! Show additional information

Great installers

Good salesman
Great installation , very clean and tidy
Still waiting for my grid connection

Fantastic installer

From sales to installation n after installation queries was answered promptly Show additional information

Great service and only company who visited our home.

Sales/quotation process on site by an engineer, not a smooth talking sales person over the phone.
Installation all very neat and completed in one day with an obviously well experienced team.
Customer service was great as was follow-up after the installation.

Quality system at a competitive price

Sales and quoting was first class
Installation was confirmed then rescheduled , our tv was unplugged and our air con vent was dislodged. They came back to fix the tv next day which was great but I’m concerned about what has gone on in the roof space and will have to get up to check. All the connections were managed by Soltek which was helpful.
We had the system installed a few days ago. The system was what I wanted. LG 335w panel plus a fronius symo inverter 5kw.
Still early to say if I made a good choice. It was sometimes hard to get in touch with Damien after we agreed to the system.
Further i'm having some trouble with the web monitoring system.
I may have to get the company back to check it out.
Soltek responded within 24 hrs of your contact. They offered 2 systems: 1XDC string inverter and 24X 240V Enphase inverters. Through their advice and your information we chose individual inverters to cope with shade. LG supplied 25 yrs product performance and product warranty, Enphase had 10 yrs product warranty and Envoy monitor 5 yrs warranty which helped our decision. We like the on-line monitoring facility of Enphase via Envoy monitoring to tailor our use which will help us choose our energy retailer (Soltek organised our initial AGL meter board changes with smart meters - yet to decide finally on supplier). Minor faults were rectified quickly after informing them (including repair of roof tiles). They also organised disposal of our old solar panels. An excellent experience all around (from a perfectionist!). Show additional information
Sale person was good and explained in details.
Installation was fine and only issue I had was panel layout in solar edge app was not as panels installed and random. Contacted them 2 or 3 times. But can live with it.
I hope the quality of inverter and panels is better as I spent 2k above fronious and canadiannsolar brand.
Everything was installed and connected in one day by a competent three man crew who were happy to have me watch, and insist on some minor refinements.
It's fun watching the old analog kwhr meter now turning backwards. That pleasure will end when the digital Nett Meter is installed.

Quality Power Optimised System

Karan, our Soltek Consultant, was knowledgeable and friendly and quoted on a suitably sized system for our requirements.
The installation was completed 1 week after signing the contract which was exceptional and the job site was left in a clean and tidy state with the installation team being, friendly, efficient and informative.
As I already had a 2 kw solar system, a second phase was connected which required an upgrade of my existing Smart Meter which Soltek arranged and was promptly installed by my energy retailer.
All went very smoothly and is working well so far. Gives good power output for winter. The only problem is that the power company needs a completely upgraded power board / fusebox before they can install the smart meter. This should have been communicated to me by the sales person or the installing electrician at the beginning. now there will be more delays until the meter box can be fixed up. Show additional information

Great team at Soltek

I was highly impressed with the entire sales cycle, from first call to installation and post sales support. Damien gave me all the options, was not pushy or sales-y. Sam and team of installers were punctual, polite and incredibly efficient. I would highly recommend Soltek. Show additional information
What made the biggest difference in their favor was their ability adjust to specific needs and be clear on details. Show additional information
Having bit of issues with the internet connection on the inverter but finally get fixed by the electrician with soltek Show additional information
So many things have gone wrong from app not working initially, to installer placing panels behind a satellite dish which casts shadows on the panels, making 2 function sub optimally. Their customer service person is not efficient at all and it's taken ages for their mistake to be fixed. It's only being fixed next week. Overall not a great experience

Hi, the two issues arose on the installation date of 09/07/2019.

The first issue (no access to remote monitoring) is now rectified.

For the second issue, our install team is heading back on Monday 22/07/2019 as per discussion to move the two panels that are being shaded by the satellite dish.

Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience and our office will endeavour to speed up the coordination process.

If you have any issues please feel free to call our office and ask for Cindy
to expedite your queries.
The initial installed Solar Edge inverter failed after a week and it took 2 weeks to get a replacement installed. I also ordered and paid for a 3 phase inverter but when the replacement was installed I realised it was only a single phase (as was the original). I asked for the single phase inverter to be replaced with the ordered 3 phase unit and Soltek informed me that the single phase unit was cheaper and offered to refund the difference and a the same time they told me that the "New Smart Meter" that is installed will do a "net" usage across all three phases, but unfortunately when I rang AGL they told me it only did the net calculation per phase. I spent my whole career in the electrical supply industry and have quite a bit of experience in Revenue metering and so far I cannot determine which of these situations is correct ct from the information I can get from the meter. My searching for information on the "net" metering process online has led to many hearsay/anecdotal evidence which support both theories.

Cheers
John

Great experience working with Soltek

Following discussions with a range of suppliers, we selected Soltek to install a 30kW solar panel array (90 panels) on our church roof in 2018.
They offered value for money, superior product knowledge, and demonstrated prompt and clear communication with our many questions.
The installation went smoothly and we are very happy with the final results and the dramatic reductions in our power bills over the past 12 months.

We happily commend Soltek Energy.
Took 3 visits to have system operating correctly. Still a few remaining things needing to be sorted out.

Seems I need to chase the company to get things sorted.
Soltek energy and particularly Karan from Soltek were great to deal with. I had many questions, all of which were answered diligently and that gave me great confidence to do business with Soltek. The installation happened a week after the deposit and the installers worked well and answered all my questions. What I liked most about soltek is they have many panels to choose from with all types of configurations offered - string, optimiser and micros. I found other companies had a limited range and would try to convince you their systems were the best, however Soltek have all the different types of systems on offer and provide you with the information needed to make a decision based on your priorities not what is best for the company or installers. I would recommend anyone looking to get solar to get in touch with Soltek - thanks Karan and Soltek Energy!! Show additional information

Fantastic installer

They were not the first to respond to my request for a quote for a solar system but they beat the other company in every single aspect. Better quality panels, cheaper system and installation a week after meeting the sale rep. The first company that responded had good panels but not as good as Soltek, they were $2000 more expensive and the installation would have happened with any luck in 7-8 weeks. Soltek kept me informed every step of the way, gave ma all the info needed to know, were very polite and friendly. The installation team worked hard as my roof has a greater pitch than average. They couldn't finish in a day as it started raining but were back as promised two days later.

Everything works great and I'm very pleased with the system I had purchased. Also they did all the paper work and notified AGL requesting the installation of the smart meter. It was an easy and pleasant experience. Based on my experience, I would highly recommend them.
After having a rocky start with another company(the panels were delivered before they decided it was "too hard" ), I contacted Solar Quotes and selected the quote from one of your recommended suppliers, Solar Pro. The big difference was that they sent a representative to view the roof before quoting. They also directly employed many of the guys working on the job. Overall a very professional and competent service. Would definitely recommend Solar Pro. Show additional information
Damien from Soltek was the first to response to my request for a quote for a solar and battery system.

After a brief chat, he recommended just solar PV without battery will be sufficient. He is knowledgeable and professional in what he's doing and there was no up-sale or pushing from him to make a decision quickly.
His installation team was on time and everything was completed within 5 hours.

The paperwork and configuration of solaredge monitoring system took a while but in all, it was an easy and pleasant experience.
Highly recommend Soltek if you need a Solar PV system.
Never met the sales guy - we did it all remotely which means a better price. We could cover all aspects on the phone and by email which I prefer. One of the recommended companies would only deal with you face to face (having met them before - high sales pressure) so did not follow through with them.

Soltek - Great installation with a minimal wait period. Great installation team on site.

We had a software problem with the new Solar Edge Inverter Model's Monitoring system. Soltek took ownership, kept a steady stream of communication about developments, came out again to reinstall the Inverter software and set it up. Very happy.

In my opinion, it's how a company reacts to their supplier problems that demonstrates a great company with a strong customer focus. Based on my experience, I would highly recommend them.