Specialized Solar

Specialized Solar Reviews

Established in 2000 as part of the Specialized Heating & Cooling Group, Specialized Solar &

Electrical is a fully accredited, family-owned solar and electrical retailer and installer based in

Lynbrook, Melbourne.

With six offices in regional Victoria and NSW and as an accredited retailer for Tesla,

Specialized Solar & Electrical have a proven track record as an installer of quality solar

panels and battery storage systems for households and businesses.

Customers rate Specialized Solar highly for service and customer support. Going the extra

mile is ingrained in the company ethos. Look at the customer reviews to see what they say!

One of the key advantages Specialized Solar offers compared to other solar companies is a

total system 10-year performance guarantee. This states that your solar panels system will

generate the power it’s meant to over a 10-year period (based on the estimated yield in your

quote) – or it will be fixed at no cost to you.

Specialized Solar’s quality focus has been noticed by councils. That’s why Specialized Solar

has been appointed the exclusive solar retailer and installer for several council-supported

solar bulk-buy programs throughout Victoria. These include:

- MASH Community Solar Bulk Buy – Central Goldfields Shire, Rural City of Ararat,

Loddon Shire, Pyrenees Shire, Mount Alexander Shire, Macedon Ranges Shire,

Hepburn Shire.

-Mallee Sun Solar Bulk-Buy – Rural City of Swan Hill and Buloke Shire.

-Brimbank Community Solar – a program organized in partnership with Brimbank City

Council and Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance.

Choose Specialized Solar & Electrical and you’ll get guaranteed quality every step of the

way.

Specialized Solutions:

- Residential Solar and Battery Systems

- Commercial Solar and Battery Systems

- Off-grid Solar, Battery and Storage Systems

- Solar Panel Cleaning & Maintenance

- Electrical Solutions (Split Systems, Security Systems, Switchboard upgrades and

more…)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SpecializedSolarandElectrical

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/specializedsolar/

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/74372372/admin/

Attend a Q&A Workshop: https://brimbankcommunitysolar.com.au/q-a-workshops/

Reviewers report paying: $3,500 - $6,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Specialized Solar Reviews (121)

4.3/5

4.4/5

4.4/5

Worth talking to them

Specialized Solar was supportive all of the way.

Initial salesman was informative and thorough in analyzing our situation and devising a better solution than other quotations which were higher in price and complexity.

We had a few issues and they were always responsive and courteous. Installation guys answered many questions with patience.

We still have an issue but it is with our power company and Specialized is assisting us with this.

Very transparent from start to finish.

Not the cheapest nor the most expensive. Specialized Solar took the time to review the aerial map and offer an alternative to having all panels only on one side. Panels and inverter from the same parent company also ticked the box along with long warranties. Specialized are a local company who have been in the industrial for many years with their own team of local installers and electricians.
Easy quote back in less than 3 days, took calls on questions. Installed when they said they would and followed up to see if things were right. An outstanding customer service team.
Very seamless process from start to finish.
Highly recommended.

Great Solar Install

Specialized Solar was one of three installers recommended by Solar Quotes. The process was easy, and considering Christmas Holidays the system was scheduled and installed on time.

Installers showed up on time, and even with the rain we had that day they finished on time and left the installation area clean. The installer had some issues with getting the Consumption meter to hook up via Wifi so that was delayed while they waited for a replacement. Inspector switched the system on nine days later and I've been impressed by it's output so far.

Customer service has been great they handled virtually all the paperwork involved.

The consumption monitor has been replaced and is now working. We're still working through some readings that are showing in the App.

Overall extremely happy with the system, service, and sales staff.

Original Review on 17-05-2021:

Excellent Company, highly professional.

The sales quote was detailed and carried out highly professionally. The installation was carried out on the day arranged. The installers were punctual, very polite and informative and were extremely tidy. I was blown away with their professionalism and customer service skills. It’s not very often I have come across such good workmanship and service. The only aspect of the article overall service provided is that the communication was lacking after the install was complete. Both myself & my partner phoned to find out when the 3rd party inspector would be on-site to sign off on the work. We spoke directly with the salesman and left messages with the after-install contact, but we were not contacted with an update by the company. Thanks s would have been good to have been provided with feedback out of courtesy. That’s the only fault found. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Lorna: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it had and is still performing. We’re very happy.

Quality product, flawless operation

I was impressed with the professional installation, and over a year later I am even more impressed with this product. We have had no problems at all and the system continues to perform flawlessly.
Our savings and quality installation make it all worthwhile.
Charles

Better than expected.

The consultant I dealt with knew his stuff. He answered all my questions and concerns, we went to & fro until we reached the desired outcome. The installers arrived on time, were very polite and tidy , no issues.

Great installer.. awesome customer service from Specialized solar

Great service good unit . Too early to tell how good it is but appears allg

Super System

Very pleased with the service, including the explanation and reason for the final decision afforded, for our particular needs.
(Our 6star rated home had a poor design roof system to allow any more panels to be fitted.)
On completion, despite being assessed on a cloudy day, I was surprised how it reached 4kw.

Happy customer

Everything when smoothly first they told me what would happen and then they did it.

Very pleasant experience

Specialised Solar have been fantastic! Always keeping me up to date, open about what’s happening and happy to answer any questions we had. Would definitely recommend them!

Great company to deal with both in service and installation

From initial contact, the quoting and sales process has been excellent, The sales and office staff have been very helpful and obliging throughout the process and after the installation,
The installers completed the job efficiently and were very helpful
Job was started and completed on time,
Well done to all the team,

Original Review on 12-11-2020:

Professional

All information about the systems was delivered in a way I understood, sales person was so helpful and friendly he went over and above by lowering the cost and helping fill out rebate forms for the battery.
Installers were prompt and reliable and followed through quickly to get it inspected.

8 months later we asked Veronica: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

No, in winter I tend to need the grid as back up, but I’m hoping that having the full summer next year my credit will cover the expense. At this stage I’m still in credit but it won’t last all winter

Roll on Summer and Spring

The Salesperson visited uas. He made it wasy to udnerstnad the process. There were a few changes to the initial quote but everything went through smoothly.

Trouble Free Solar Install

From our first contact with Specialized Solar we could not fault their service and backup. The sales consultant provided the quote quickly with a number of options available and answered any questions promptly, whether it be pricing and rebates, components or installation. The installation team arrived on the nominated day, and early due to forecast rain, and were very competent in their works. Before installing the solar panels they discussed with us the best placement of the panels on the roof and gave an estimation when works would be completed later that day so we could better plan our own day. Even with a few showers, they continued to work and were completed about the estimated time. Everything was cleaned up on site before leaving so no complaints there. The Electrical Inspector was on site the next working day and gave a glowing report of their work citing they were one of the better teams he had inspected. The girls in the office then went to work on the paperwork, etc, and could not be faulted. They led us through the whole process, explaining what was required, what to lookout for regarding paperwork, providing email addresses and phone numbers for support if required and then following up with inquiries as to how the process with the energy providers was progressing and was there anything they could help with.
Overall we could not fault our dealings with Specialized Solar and would highly recommend them to anyone considering installing solar panels

Excellent service and support

The sales and quoting was simple/straight forward. The sales person understood my issues re trees and knew what I needed.
Instillation was professional/punctual and considerate.
Customer service was excellent. Very helpful with all inquires and problem solving.

Beware the time it takes to turn on your system

Everything was handled very well until the inspector was required to turn the system on. From the time of instillation to the system being operational took 42 days. Not the fault of the supplier but very frustrating for us to have 18 panels on our roof doing nothing for that long period of time.

Finally all up and running and we look forward to much lower power bills in the future. Specialized solar tried very hard to speed up the connection process, if that had gone smoothly as it should have we would have had an excellent experience with Specialized Solar.

Fantastic experience

From start to finish the team at Specialized Solar have been fantastic. All through the process they have been polite, clear, transparent and a pleasure to work with.

Their electrical installation team were fantastic even suggesting on the day of installation some reconfiguration to further optimize.

They discovered that behind our switchboard was a mess of wires from our original renovation. They cleaned it up at no extra charge. They want to do the job right.

Highly recommend.

Original Review on 21-04-2020:

Professional and prompt in their dealings and a top quality installation

The salesperson was responsive and helpful and adjusted the system to suit my needs, which were a little unusual (I wanted a higher end inverter and just a few panels so it could be fit within a budget, which didn't make a lot of sense except that it was all to do with timing! anyway, I ended up spending extra to do it properly in one go, but they were helpful nonetheless Original ratings

8 months later we asked Tim: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has been excellent, and the quality of the install job has been commented on positively by a few friends who are electricians.

Excellent service and good price

Installation was excellent - Installers where polite and punctual and communication spot on
They were very clean and tidy and did not leave any mess
Customer service is great and they help with grid connection

Original Review on 11-12-2019:

Excellent technical knowledge, quality install, great support

Adam discussed the technical issues in detail, the quote was detailed and the cost satisfactory, installation went well and the process of handover was smooth. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Barney: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it has!

Good job, well done

Will and his team came at 7:20am and left at 5pm having worked consistently all day. Good safety procedures, pleasant people who cleared up after themselves and left everything tidy.

Recommend Spec Solar

Awesome customer service through entire process. Knowledgeable sales, good installation and thorough follow up and connecting to grid. Had a really good experience with Specialized Solar

Original Review on 19-11-2019:

Great installer

Installers were excellent, although there was a miscommunication on the fact one part was missing and the part ( meter to go in meter box) should have been installed quickly and took another week to install.Took anther 4 days for part to be made operational. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Sharon: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We have had one summer and one autumn electricity bill so far and are very impressed with the results. Would suggest the people considering installing solar panels, remember to utilise the suns energy and not be to concerned with want is being put into the grid. Housework such as washing or using dishwasher do during the day so use what the solar panels are producing and not to take so much from the grid.

A fully professional job

The sales and quoting process was pure business, not a friendly chatty experience. However, this gave me confidence that I was dealing with a decent, B/S free professional outfit, maybe I annoyed the sales guy because I kept changing my mind as to what I wanted. I started at 5kW and finally settled on a 10.3kW system. The installation team arrived on time and finished as planned the next day. The guys were pleasant and efficient and left the area clean and tidy. They organised the safety inspection and grid connection for the following week (yesterday) and after one sunny day and one cloudy day of operation the system has pumped out 58kWh of clean energy; Fantastic!!

Poor installation

Rough installation. I had cracked and broken tiles, rubbish left on my roof, penetrations through the roof not water tight, sarking tape not sealed correctly. I picked Specialized solar due to their years of experience in the trade but got rough and rushed work from their contractors. Besides the installation their sales and customer service team were great, couldn’t say a bad thing about them. Sad that poor contractors let a company down.

Failure to site inspect

Despite my encouragement that they inspect the site before installation they chose not to. They quoted on a single storey property judged by a google map image. I corrected them that it was 2 storey. Later they indicated it was a flat roof. I again corrected them that it was a gabled roof. They turned up for the installation but left as they said they were not adequately equipped but would return another day. This has given me little confidence in this "recomended" company but to change or get new quotes is more inconvenience.
I now have to wait for them to re-schedule the installation.

Great service from all of the staff i dealt with,very helpfull,Excellant service from start to finish. Hasle free instalation.

Great service from all staff involved from start to finish,especially the ladies from the office,service at its best.
Installation went smoothly with no issues at all,tidy,punctual & polite.

Great company to work with

Spec solar are true professionals. They know their stuff and make the whole process easy and streamlined from beginning to end. From the sales team to the installers to the customer service team - all excellent.

Good communication, delivered as stated

Accurate and timely communication. Polite installers, nil issues, thank you

Great installer!

The sales and quoting process went well - was not over sold to, down to earth salesman. Install crew were punctual and polite. Customer service has been very good so far - was contacted the following day for an explanation regarding next steps and gave me expectations on the likely timeframes on each step.

Good company

All done via email. Punctual and no hassle efficient installation Very helpful with obtaining government rebate.

Pleasure to deal with - Very happy customer!

All the way through from quotes to installation Specialised Solar have been absolutely excellent to deal with.

Sales team was great to work with, prompt responses via phone and email, very knowledgeable about the systems and hardware they offer, and more than happy to get into the nerdy details for those so inclined.

Installation team arrived on time, were great to talk to, and the attention to detail on the inverter and panel installation is second to none. Everything lines up, nothing crooked or rushed, and to top it off they left the garage as clean if not cleaner than before they arrived.

I would happily recommend Specialised Solar to anybody looking for great price and service on a solar installation.

Explained process well, helped me through the never ending application and were always quick to reply and helpful

great installer. very quick and walked me through my options very clearly

not one of the three solar companies ocontacted by solarquotes.com.au but listed as a reputable company by them. installation and service was great
It was great service from you I picked the company because they are tied with Heating and Cooling who are a good well known. Company and their Rep. Knew his subject and presented well.
Great and friendly sales team that looked after all our questions without hesitation
Monitoring app took a while to get activated but working fine
Just waiting for our next bill to see any effect on cost

Hi Daryl,
Thanks so much for letting us know of your experience with Specialised Solar Solutions.
If you have any questions in relation to your monitoring app, please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
Have a good day.

They have been amazingly professional and thorough.

At no time did I feel stressed.

Hi Ivan,

So glad you were happy with your experience with us. It's great to hear.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for leaving us feedback, we really appreciate it.
If you have any questions, please contact us and we'll be happy to help

Have a good day.
Quick turnaround and process very easy from start to finish

Hi Holger,

Thank you for leaving some kind words about your experience with us.
Fantastic to hear, if you have any questions please contact us and we'll be happy to help.

Have a great day.
We have found in dealing with Specialized Solar that they have been very professional.
In addition, they provided excellent customer service and have an extensive knowledge in the various system configurations and panel requirements.
From the time they quoted our job, and to the final installation, they provided us with ongoing follow up phone & e-mail communications.
This made the process easier for us, as they provided clear timelines & managed the “Red Tape” associated with these type of works.
We would recommend them to anyone interested in Solar Panels

Hi Susan,

Thank you so much for leaving this very detailed review. That's great news.
I'll be sure to pass your kind words onto the Specialized Solar Solutions Team, whom you've delt with from start to finish.

Have a good day.
I have the most pleasant experience with this solar installation. Prior to installation, Nathanael is very information and professional. He is not “pushy” but very courteous throughout the whole transaction. A great asset to the company.

Next the team behind the team is just as professional and courteous. Chelsea ( whom I have never met ) is a gem. Whenever she replies her email or answering her calls she is very understanding ,kind, courteous and will bend herself backwards to help solve ant queries or questions. She makes me feel very comfortable talking to her and she is patient. With staff like this, the company will go a long way. Personally I think she deserves a pay rise if she has not have one yet!!

The next lady named Gemma (whom I have never had any dealings with before) had just forwarded me an email explaining to me what I will be expecting post installation. In her email she is showing all the attributes of her colleagues. Keep up the good work Gemma.

With regards to the installers they were very polite, tidy, knowledgeable about their work and it’s expectations.They were also very punctual and professional in their approach.

All in all everything that is done and accomplished with this installation has been a very excellent experience and the last thing that I want to have a fantastic experience is for the solar system to work effectively and efficiently.

Finally, would I recommend this company to my relatives and friends? Yes, with no reservations of course!!!

Hi Elaine,

Thank you for leaving such kind words about your experience with us.
It has been an absolute pleasure, helping you with the steps of you installation.
I will be sure to pass your kind words onto Chelsea, Jemma , Nathaniel and the Install team, I'm positive it will make their day.

Have great day.

Hi Colin,

We're glad to hear your happy with the panels that have been installed at your address.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and we'll be happy to help.

Have a great day.
Very happy with the system and the service. A little bit more communication immediately after the install, about the status of the system and how to operate it, would have made the whole experience a perfect 10! Apart from that detail, very happy.

Hi Ben,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.
We're so glad you were happy with the install and the service.
In relation to the monitoring side of things we are putting procedures in place to ensure this is smooth moving forward. If you have any questions in relation to your monitoring / online portal please contact us and we'll be happy to help.

Have a great day
I looked into solar for my home several years ago and found it all to hard to work through, who or what was the best solar and gave up. Something I hear common among friends. Finding SOLARQUOTES web site was the best. It broke down every thing about solar that could be easily understood and gave me a great understanding of the manufactures and models to look for. I have already told friends to use Solarquotes as a great start. Thank you

Hello Mark,

Thank you for leaving such positive words about your experience with us.
if you have any questions please contact us and we'll be happy to help.

Hi Grant,

Thank you for taking some time to leave some feedback from your experience with Specialized Solar Solutions. If you have any questions, please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
Overall good experience. Installed promptly, professionally. Had to do a little chasing to get access to the app, but happy now this all done. Would (and have) recommended to others.

Hi Julian,

Really appreciate you leaving us such a positive review.
You were great to deal with, knew exactly what you wanted and was thorough in your research.
Thanks for recommending us to others as well.

If you need anything, just give us a call.
Specialised Solar are a good company to deal with. Efficient installation and all forms and paperwork were provided post install. I'd recommend them.

Thank you for your review Don, we really appreciate you taken the time to leave us one.
We will touch base again with you soon to see how everything is going but if you need us beforehand just give us a call.