Surge It Solar and Electrical Reviews

About Surge It Solar and Electrical, Solar Installers

Surge It Solar and Electrical
Gold Partner
Surge It Solar and Electrical is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 45 636 041 312  ABN active since 17 Dec 2012 | Surge It Solar And Electrical
ACN: Not required for Sole Trader
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
QLD: 76771 Nicholas Scott Scafidi

Reviewers report paying: $3,250 - $8,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Why use us? Good question as we are not the absolute cheapest and we will never be and nor do I plan to be. What we are is a quality company, with quality staff and quality work ethics which will far outweigh a small few $100 saving you may catch with somebody else. Our reviews speak for themselves.
All our installations are done in house, we don't use subcontractors or salesman. You will deal with one person from start to finish.
We have successfully been in business since 2012 and completed over 5000 installations through a rocky industry. Our diversity of work outside of solar will keep us around long after the fly by night sales companies have liquidated.
We are here for a long time and plan to stand by our work for many years to come.

Surge It Solar and Electrical Solar Reviews

Quality install, very satisfied customer.

I would highly recomened surge it solar to anyone. The whole process was super easy and Nick was easy to contact and happy to answer any questions. The installation went smoothly and looks great. Show additional information

Excellent all round solar service!!

From start to finish we got a great service from Nick and his team from Surge It Solar & Electrical.

Based in Brendale, Nick was able to visit our property in Eatons Hill to assess our needs and what system would be best for us. Nick said that the mid ranged system that they had on offer would be more than good enough for us, but we chose to have the high end system even though it cost more. The system that we chose was a Fronius Primo inverter with REC N Peak panels. On installation day Nick and his team turned up on time and in approximately 4 hours later we were up and running. The actual installation work was first class.

I can say this with ease as I worked in Facilities Management for 17 years and dealt with many contractors, having to sign off works for payment. So I have a keen eye for detail.

The inverter installation has no external wiring showing, the panels look smart and square to the roof top and all of the panel framework was cut square to the panel edging to give that professional look. I honestly cannot fault it. To date the system is producing between 40 to 45 Kwh which is exceeding our expectations.

At the end of the installation Nick and his team cleared up any debris, metal, cardboard, etc to leave the area spotless.

I highly recommend Surge It Solar & Electrical. Great work, great products. A win win for us.

Nick and his team exceeded expectations!

Nick's install team were punctual and professional, their work was very tidy and finished within the estimated duration.

I was very impressed with the finished product, especially the cable management and conduits which had to work around what we already have built into the house.

Fast, Excellent Service with quality materials

Nick was great to work with, he quoted quickly and as soon as there was an open spot he fitted me in to get it done. The workers turned up on time and were done on time and with excellent quality. When compared to other providers 'Surge it' was very competitive and used top-notch panels and inverter. Show additional information

Excellent service and communication

From start to finish Nick and his crew were fantastic with explaining everything to us and the installation was a breeze. Thoroughly recommend their services and we are very happy with our solar panels! Show additional information

Great Job.

Nick, Morgan and Hayden arrived on time as arranged. Job completed efficiently, very neat and tidy. All rubbish including old panels taken away.
All connections completed and working explained. Highly recommend the guys and their work.

Great price and a quality installation. Im a very happy customer.

They beat all my other quotes from other providers and were very informative during the quoting process. The installation was very quick and very professional. They did the full end to end service very efficiently and at an excellent price. I would certainly recommend them to anyone ! Show additional information

Highly recommend Surge It Solar and Electrical

I knew about Surge it Solar and Electrical for a while but looked around at other companies to see what they could offer. I Told Nick about the quotes I got from 2 other companies as I thought I might have been getting ripped off. Surge came through with a better system for pretty much half the price of the other two quotes.

Nick sent me through a few quotes with pictures of what the installation would look like on my rooftop and when his team arrived the installation looked clean and better than I had hoped!

Overall, Nicks team were quick, efficient and very professional with the installation and I have recommended them to my co workers!

Tradesman, not salesman.

I had nick and the boys put 7.7kw on my house and a 5kw ac in the lounge.

To give some context to my review, I am a tradesman boilermaker tube welder for over 20 years, I build water tube boilers, so as a tradesman who has a high level of detail building pressure vessels as my job, I had high expectations. after speaking to Several, solar “experts” receiving quotes and listening to the sales pitches, I quickly realised Nick is no salesman, he is a tradesman, I can assure you there is a big, big difference, Nick installed the inverter n my garage, the best place for it, out of the whether and heat, not one other company was willing to do this, as it was “way too much work” nick actually told me he wanted to put it there, said it was not that much extra work.
like I said big difference between salesman and tradesman.
the panel install, electrical board upgrade and fixings are up to standard, square, mounted securely, legit. these guys are professional, the real deal.

Great service! Highly recommended!

Gives honest opinions on what's best for his customers. Great communication and service. The process went smoothly, prompt installation. Nick answered all our questions. Highly recommended! Show additional information

Great Install

Nick at Surge It was very informative compared to some other companies , he tailored the best system to suit our family home.
The installation was on point

The Guys ran me through the system step by step , including the app on my smart phone

Have recommend to all my friends and family

Meet customer need

Whole interaction was smooth, very respectful with appropriate humour. No question was too simple and well answered in terms I could understand. The quote was clear. Installation was smooth and the team cleared ALL mess. A fantastic job done. Show additional information

Highly recommended!

No-nonsense, honest advice paired with prompt installation and expert workmanship. Nick had me sold when he said, "if this were my house, this is what I would do." I knew straight away that the quality of service that he was offering was going to be above and beyond what any other retailer had proposed for the same price (i.e. placement of the inverter out of the elements despite a longer cable run, hot water timer, consumption monitoring, installation on terracotta, internal cable routing, etc).

I had the job quoted by numerous different retailers and contractors, all coming in at different price points. Rest assured, you get what you pay for. Nick provides very competitive pricing for the quality of product he is supplying and has a crew of in-house installers who provided some of the highest quality workmanship I've seen in a long time. Surge It Solar were able to complete a difficult installation on a double-story glazed terracotta roof where other contractors had attempted installation, failed and ultimately walked away from the job.

There is an immense amount of attention to detail and care taken to ensure that the installation is completed safely and neatly. They take pride in their work and this is very clear in the finished product.

Quality workmanship

I had my system installed in December 2014, so i have had a very long time to review and test my system, and its still working as good as when it was installed.

Nick was very professional came to our house and was very polite and very helpful in explaining the different systems and panels.
Nick advised us of the best system to suit our budget and most cost affective.

I was so impressed with the prompt installation and workmanship of the crew, he left everything neat and tidy and cleaned up .
Nick also helped with the grid connection and explained everything after the install of our solar.

I also used nick on several other jobs for clients and they all thanked me for referring nicks company.

It’s very difficult to find in these times a honest company that promise to deliver and does exactly that!!

Very easy to get in touch with nick if we had any questions for after installation he would explain any issues we would have and help us over the phone, also a big plus!

Happy customer

From start to finish it was a pleasure to deal with Surge It. Professional install, honest advice and good prices. Would definitely recommend. Show additional information

Great Solar, Great Guys!!

Nick from Surge It was such a pleasure to deal with from the first time we spoke.
The price was great and Nick and his team were there right on time and did a wonderful job and were so efficient. The guys were so friendly and polite. Nick takes care of everything! I would highly recommend Surge It to anyone thinking about getting solar. You won’t regret your decision and can be confident you will be looked after before and after the installation!

Mint job, organised fast

Did my research and got advice from solar experts about the best deal. Surge It was the best quote I got and they were local. The owner of the company came and did the quote and organised install much sooner then other companies could.

Provided well known quality equipment and very happy with the result.

Efficient, friendly and down to earth installer

A quick phone call explaining my situation and requirements and Nick had a quote to me, recommending a few different options. Nick was easy to deal with, answered all of my questions patiently and with good humour, no matter how simple or down into the weeds. The quote was very reasonable for a 6kw inverter and 7.9kwh panel system and I felt no pressure at any point in the process to select a brand, system option or to commit to the company. It was the reputation, reviews, recommendations and this customer service that helped me finalise my decision with SurgeIt after a lot of research and quoting with various companies.
The install was conducted within two weeks of the quote acceptance (around my schedule) and Nick and his team turned up on time, well presented and worked very efficiently to remove my old panels and install the new system within 5hrs. The team were friendly, polite, clearly competent and happy to explain the process as they went along. The install was high quality with attention to detail - trying to replace the new inverter over the holes in the wall of the old system, trimming excess rails, tile cutting, cleaning panels after install, tidying up the yard and driveway when complete etc. Nick stepped me through the installation of my Fronius system monitoring and iphone app and, as we had a smart meter already, had us up and running as soon as the install was complete, with the open offer to call at any time if I had any follow-up questions.
Thanks again to SurgeIt for an excellent experience and great product. Cheers!

Trusty installer

Initially I went with a solar company with a lower quote. After working with them for a month they finally sent an installer. He came and told it is not a stand installation and will cost additional 2K. I cancelled the contract...came to know about Surge it solar and Nick.

Nick came to home, measured the roof and gave the quote ( same as he published in the Facebook ad ) and a standard installation. After paying the booking amount, Nick and team came the very next day and completed the installation.

Nice installation without any additional pipes outside the wall, everything concealed. I have already referred him for my friends ... and I recommend him ... you won’t regret on decision for sure.

Fantastic installer

Nick and his crew were a pleasure to deal with from start to finish, always quick reply and have done a great job of my install, couldn't be happier! Show additional information

Very happy

The guys showed up on time, got the job done quickly and efficiently. The guys were friendly and knowledgeable.
Simply a pleasant experience.

Easy and stress free

Contacted Nick wanting a quote for solar. He did up a quote which another company could not get anywhere near. He kept in contact regarding installation and he arrived on time. Installation was quick and no stress. His fellow workmen were fast and efficient. Extremely happy with the service. The app is fantastic to watch as well. Show additional information

Very happy customer

Really impressed with Nick's knowledge and advice and happy with the result. The installation team knew their stuff, were on time and overall great to deal with. Show additional information

Quality service you can trust

Surge It Solar are a great company to deal with.
Nick took the time to talk me through my options and give advice on what would be the best option for me. Nick was genuine and honest which gave me confidence in his recommendations.
The install was super easy. Nick's team were fast, efficient and clean. Everything looks great!
The team took the time to setup the smart meter on my app and walk me through the functions.

Definitely a very happy customer :-)

Great experience!

Nick and the team were very professional, efficient, accommodating and clean and tidy. The process from initial contact to virtual handshakes was excellent. Very happy with the quality of materials and the value for money. Thanks! Show additional information

Fantastic from start to finish.

My daughter had a hassle free installation of a complete new system using Surge It and recommended Nick and his team when we decided to upgrade our existing system. From the very first phone call, I felt comfortable and confident with the decision to use Surge It. The boys arrived early, and completed the job with no dramas. They even waited back and helped me set up the WiFi system on my phone, to monitor production. Nick gave us a follow up call the night of installation to check it all went ok and that we were happy with the job.

We have no hesitation in recommending Surge It for your all your Solar needs.

Thank you Nick, Hayden, Luke and Will

Great experience from start to finish

I had done quite a bit of research on solar systems and had several companies come out to quote. Many of the companies had more "salesman" type people come out and I found several of them lacked the practical aspects of installing a solar system which was important to me because I had a few non-standard aspects to my solar installation. Having Nick come out who actually does the installs to quote was good. He was very honest in the sales/quoting process and picked up on a few issues with how the install would go that others companies didn't. His communication leading up to the install was great. On the day his team arrived on time and straight away you could tell they take pride in their work on how well they look after their tools and how methodically they went about planning the install and laying out the solar system. Once completed they left a clean site and provided good info on how the system worked and they took time to answer all my questions. And as Surge It does other electrical work we also had them install a second story air-con unit which was logistically a bit challenging but they nailed it. Overall a great experience from start to finish. Show additional information

Great installer, honest and easy to deal with

Nick is a good communicator and easy to deal with. Installation was tidy and efficient. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend to others. Show additional information

Fast Turn around time and great advice

Could not recommend these guys more. I made a call to Surge It Solar and Electrical at about 10:00am within two hours, and with some great advice I had decided to go with these guys. Not to mention that they could install the system I picked the very next day! This was just pure luck, but still, can't complain! Really know their stuff, and can cater to any budget. I was not interested in cheap crap or overpriced cheap crap in my case, as I had been burnt before, and just wanted a decent quality system. The guys that come out to do the install (employees of Surge It Solar and Electrical) were very friendly, and still offering advice, even at this point. Show additional information

Custom installation, Quality hardware, On Time and Efficient

Nick and his team were great from start to finish.

They installed the brackets prior to my roof restoration and then returned to complete the rest of the works.

They listened to my ideas and customised a panel layout to suit future renovations.

I would highly recommened Surge it to anyone considering Solar in the wider Brisbane area.

Quality hardware, great pricing and even better service

No fuss quality workmanship

We had our Solar system installed by Surge It in January 2018. Nick came out and provided his all inclusive quote whilst letting us know exactly how he would install the system and gave us a couple of options on which panels and inverter to go with.

The Surge It team turned up on time of the day of installation and happily answered all of my questions regarding the system. Surge It also replaced our meter box with a new one and moved toward the front of the house.

Once the job was complete all rubbish was removed and Nick explained what to expect from the system.
It’s been just over 2 years now and the system has worked faultlessly whilst exceeding our expectations.

We have had The team from Surge It back since to install a couple of aircon systems and also some general electrical work.

The team from Surge It are honest, reliable tradesmen that I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.

Perfect install and quality products

The first thing you notice about Surge IT Solar is their honesty. They openly admit they won’t be the cheapest and won’t compete with the cheap packages. But what they offer is quality brands at an affordable price with an exceptional installation.

The sales and quoting process was very easy and was lucky enough to be installed within the week. The two gents onsite were very quick with a neat installation (picture attached). I was impressed with the speed of the install and once ready, Luke sat down and installed the monitoring app on my phone to ensure all was working correctly.

Nick (Director) finalised all the paperwork with the power company to install the new meter.

Hugely impressed with the whole process from Surge IT, and have already passed over his number to two friends looking at getting solar.

Can’t recommend highly enough!!

Very happy with Nick’s work. Absolutely perfect, I highly recommend him.

Very good value for price and amazing customer service with a hard working team. I was looking around for a while to find a solar company and I’m very happy that I picked Surge it. Show additional information

Great service and we are happy with the product we received.

Quoting and service was great and easy. Nick had a lot of packages available with straight forward prices on his facebook page. We asked questions and Nick came out to see what would suit our needs the best and was able to quickly install the system shortly after. Nick showed my partner how to get and use the app to monitor the solar panel use and we have had this installed for around 8 months now and are still very happy. Would recommend and have done to neighbours who have used Nick. Show additional information

Professional Service

Nick and the boys were very professional, did a very neat job, and looks great! They explained the system to us very thoroughly and couldn’t do enough for us. Highly recommend nick and the boys for anyone needing solar or electrical work done.
Jenny

Great experience from first contact to now.

Nick and his team installed a large system on our house. The whole process was smooth. Nick gave me honest advise about where to install the systems, the size and brands of equipment that he offered. Even though I had many many questions he took the time to answer them and give reasons why the options would work or would not work.
His team on the day of install turned up on time and worked like an F1 pit crew. They worked fast, and they worked clean. They knew what they needed to do and they did it, no one was wasting time. It was good to see an efficient crew.
Nick kept me informed through every stage of the process. And post install has answered all of my questions about the app and usage reports.

I would easily use Nick and his team again on our next home.

Quality Work

Extremely happy with the workmanship of the install. Work was completed very quickly after initial quote.

Would happily recommend Nick and the Surge It team to my family and friends.

Good old fashioned service

How was the sales/quoting process?

Nick was honest, straight forward and knew what he was talking about. What impressed me most was Nick was not only the person who was selling the solar but installs the solar systems as well.

I had a thousand questions about solar and Nick had no issues answering all of them. No BS.. just the facts.

How did the installation go? Polite? Tidy? Punctual?

Very efficient and punctual. Nick personally showed me the panels that were going to be installed and re-explained to me the installation process. simple and easy

How was the customer service? e.g. did they help organise the grid connection after the install?

No issues, Nick helped me setup my inverter app, showed me how to use the app and ran me through what the process is going forward

Overall, NIck's company is value for money. i will be recommending Nick to anyone who wants a solar system.

Top Job

Nick and his team put together a solar plan to suit the usage in our house and we couldn't be happier
They were punctual & conducted the work professionally
He comes highly recommended

Great install that works and looks good.

Nick and his team did a great job installing our LG/Fronius 8.75kw system.

The install was priced fairly and his team installed the panels carefully on a freshly painted roof. The advise from start to finish contained no bullshit and the system just works as it should.

Factual information and realistic quotes. Professional installation

Factual information and realistic quotes. Professional and organised installation. I would seriously recommend Surgit solar to my friends Show additional information

Fantastic to deal with. Very Professional.

Nick and his team at Surge It Solar and Electrical were a pleasure to deal with from the initial call right through installation and answering any questions afterwards. The quality of the work is great. Nick talked to us about our needs and recommended a system to suit. He gave us a couple of options to meet our budget and couldn't be happier. Didn't try to sell us anything we didn't need.

The team installing the system where punctual and cleaned up completely once finished. Nick helped with everything afterwards to ensure it was connected to the grid.

Solar Installation

Nick was awesome and patient through the process. He answered all my questions and at the end installed what I wanted. The installation is neat and quick. Once installation was completed Nick organised EWR to be completed and send me proof for my record. The team that came up on the day of the installation clean up after themselves and were polite. Overall, I would recommend Nick and his team to anyone looking for solar installation. Show additional information

Fantastic installer - neat and to standard

Nick and his team are absolutely one of the best installers in Brisbane. An easy process from start to finish, no BS pricing and accurate advice. As a proper full service electrical company Nick also completed a move of my ducted air conditioner heat pump and upgraded the control system to iZone. As a fastidious electrical engineer I can absolutely say that the team conduct their work in a neat and complaint way and leave your home as they found it. Customer service throughout quote/install/connection was flawless and polite. Very happy to support this fantastic small business. Show additional information

Easy Install

The install was quick, seamless and completed and running within a day. Nick was straight up with the answers to all my questions. I am extremely happy with a job well done from start to finish and have no hesitation to recommend Surge It Solar and Electrical to anyone. Show additional information

Non nonsense.

I got the quote from the bloke who owned the business he knew his products knew his install price.
I'd done my research new what I wanted. I paid, they installed it. Not a sub contractor but surge it solar.
In my case was installed 4 days after my quote.
Rippa company would use again,

Highly recommend

Prompt service and excellent service. The boys arrived on time, had finished by lunch and connected the phone for us,
We highly recommend this company.

Fantastic experience all round!

Nick was great to deal with throughout the whole process and was very knowledgeable in terms of the products and coming up with the best solution for what suited my requirements.

Everything went like clockwork on the day of install, the guys were very polite and friendly and did a great job of cleaning up after all works were completed.

I have recommended Nick to a few other people so far and wouldn't hesitate to continue to do so for anyone else looking for great value and quality workmanship.

Superb installer

Nick and his team provided fantastic service and installed top quality solar panels. It’s completed within 2 days. I couldn’t be more satisfied with his service not only the installation of solar panels but how Nick provides for his customer. I already recommended to my colleagues and I would also recommend to my families and friends Show additional information

No fuss Solar

Highly recommend Nick at Surge It Solar. Quick to come round and quote and installation within a week later. Nick did the install along with 2 others and were super quick. If you want a good system that is competive in price and no pushy sales person, Nick is the guy. Show additional information