Surge It Solar and Electrical

Surge It Solar and Electrical Reviews

Why use us? Good question as we are not the absolute cheapest and we will never be and nor do I plan to be. What we are is a quality company, with quality staff and quality work ethics which will far outweigh a small few $100 saving you may catch with somebody else. Our reviews speak for themselves.
All our installations are done in house, we don't use subcontractors or salesman. You will deal with one person from start to finish.
We have successfully been in business since 2012 and completed over 5000 installations through a rocky industry. Our diversity of work outside of solar will keep us around long after the fly by night sales companies have liquidated.
We are here for a long time and plan to stand by our work for many years to come.

Reviewers report paying: $3,250 - $8,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Surge It Solar and Electrical Reviews (89)

Amazing Install, high quality panels & inverter

Quote process was quick and easy, no gimmicks and honest salesman. I could have gone with a cheaper Facebook deal but thanks to this website I learnt a lot about getting what you pay for when it comes to panels and inverters. I chose my installers based on their reputation for high quality installations and a 10 year install guarantee, plus they were in my local area which is always good thing. Highly recommend them.

Value for money, quality equipment and installation

Nick and his team are very professional and know exactly what they are doing. Installation was completed on time and assistance for warranty registration and setup of apps was provided. I would definitely recommend Surge It for solar panel supply and installation.

Professional, trouble free quoting, design and installation

Great to experience a company that wants to site visit, discuss the installation options, provide knowledgeable input and recommendations in a polite and professional manner.The scheduled installation continued to impress in their timeliness and efficiency. Post installation follow up, including arranging grid connection, has been exemplary.

Fantastic installers

All went very well i have nothing but praise ans gratitude for the Surge It team.

Excellent

What a team! Well done guys! Professional, punctual and a job well done. Service and workmanship doesn't get much better that that.

10/10 from Quote to Completion

Nick & the team did a fantastic job. He was the only provider who, during the quoting process, noticed our roof was bowed and addressed this when discussing installation. Nick was also the only provider who advised the Fronius smart meter was currently free on a promotional offer, where all other quotes included a varying cost for this product. He offered 21x 315kw panels instead of 17x 390kw panels as a more affordable option to get to 6.6kw as our roof can support that many panels; other quotes were heavily in favour of fewer high capacity (and more expensive) panels. The installation went smoothly, starting on time and finishing early. Nick, Luke & the team accommodated my request to house the inverter away from the meter box and this was never a hassle. All their a cabling is tidy & straight, and they didn’t leave anything behind. Luke took the the time to walk me through the Fronius app and solar monitoring process, which was very much appreciated. Nick is also handling all the grid connection paperwork too. Overall, I feel like Surge It have taken a genuine interest in our concerns and desired outcome & have delivered above expectations. 10/10 can recommend & will call them again for a planned aircon installation.

Fantastic

Nick and his team did a great job of my solar, from quoting the job to installing & commissioning it! Would recommend.

Awesome Service. Quality Install. Premium Products.

Surge It Solar & Electrical have installed two systems for me now and on both occasions they have provided excellent service & high quality installation using premium products. They know their solar & offer expert advice in the field. Highly recommend.

Fantastic Company Great to Deal With

So easy to deal with, everything from the quote, price, to arranging the installation and the day of installation couldn't have been any better. Was recommended to me and so glad. After many quotes and dealings with other company's Nick was by far the best to deal with. Happy to recommend them to anyone thinking of solar.

Polite and professional team

Nick came highly recommended by our neighbour and we are now extremely happy with our new solar system. The team are technicians rather than salesmen. The specification and quoting process was made easy. The installation went smoothly. Nick and the team were punctual, very professional, cleaned up after, and then Nick set up the app for me and explained the grid connection process and requirements.

Great value 6.6kw system from SurgeIT

I got a 6.6kw system installed, 18 Jinko panels a 370W + 5kw Growatt inverter, 10 year warranty on everything.

I've done a lot of research beforehand. I can recommend using "solarquotes" and "whirlpool". I found SurgeIT had the best value, reviews & is right around the corner.
Nick was very quick to respond and gave me 4 quotes, 2x budget, mid range and high end.
I went with one of the budget options, it'll take just 2,5 years in my case to break even.
1 week later they came around, got everything installed and by lunchtime they were already done. They did a perfect job, very clean and tidy cable routing, almost invisible.

Hot tip:
1. definitely get a timer for your electric hot water system, it's just minimal extra cost but that will make your whole system a lot more efficient.

I can only recommend SurgeIT for everyone in the Brisbane area. They offer hardware in every price range and do a very good job. I'm going to use them again in the future.

Tidy install. Professional service , Great Price.

Great communication and installation from Nick and the team. I found it difficult to find an honest solar quote and Nick's quote def stood out. He arrived on time and well exceeded my expectations in terms of professionalism & installation.

Don't be temped to go with the 'great price/special deal' on paper or online - they are cheap for a reason. Rather go with a person who will be selling & installing the solar, like Surge It Solar and is an experienced solar installer plus electrician.

If you are on the fence with installers, choose Surge It Solar for your solar job, you wont be disappointed.

- 20x390w Jinko Panels (20 year product warranty)
- 6kw Fronius Inverter ( Yes there is a fan in it and it does ramp up (similar to old 286 computers) but I believe its better than the 'passive' cooling systems of the chinese brands. Build solid. Nick also installed it in the garage (recommended) with no drama and didnt charge extra for the cables).
- Fronius Smart Meter installed for free (for consumption monitoring with app / web - some inverters charge extra for this SMA charge $450 just for consumption).

Fantastic Installation - Fast and Simple!

Cant reccommend Nick and his team from Surge It Solar enough. From inital conversations to installation Nick offered great communication and was accommodating around my schedule and the weather (plenty of rain!).

He has a great team working with him, they were all really friendly and were able to answer any of my questions.

Super happy with the final product and peace of mind Nick provided.

If you're in the Brisbane area definitely give Nick a call!

Gave a quote quickly and installed my system very quickly. Very helpful.

Amazing installation and customer service

From the first phone call, Nick was very helpful and knowledgeable, We had our solar upgraded in the space of a few days from initial contact and couldn't be happier with the outcome. Would definitely recommend Surge It Solar and electrical for any work you need doing.

Fantastic Experience from Start to Finish!

We were adding a second 6.6kw system to the house and Surge It had great reviews and were a local installer. Nick came out to the house to inspect the roof and gave me some options and provided a quote based on my requirements.

Nick and his team arrived on time and were quick to get stuck in.
Team worked quickly and were approachable if I had any questions.

The installation was fantastic and looked very tidy.

Before leaving, the team cleaned up after themselves and gave me a walk through of the new system including how to access the inverter stats online.

Overall very happy with the experience and would recommend Nick and Surge It Solar to anyone the Brisbane region looking to install Solar. We were so happy with the experience, we also had Nick and his team install a new Aircon System and perform some other electrical work at our house the following week.

solar installation

couldn't be more helpful. arrived when they said they would and got the job with minimal disruption.
delivered what they promised.

Stress free and value for money

Great price for quality products and stress free installation. The assistance with submitting the paperwork to the retailer was greatly appreciated. Highly recommend Surge It.

Great to deal with.

Nick and the crew from Surge It were very professional and take great pride in there installation work. Contacted several other companies and he was the only one to call me back. No questions I asked were an issue for him to answer and he gave me all the information I needed to know about my new solar system.

Great advice, service and installation

From start to finish I was very happy. Good advice and fair quote, the guys installing were great and everything was connected with little fuss at the end.

Above and beyond

After a zero embellishment explanation of the different products available through Surge it. Our choice of system was an easy decision. Installation was surprisingly prompt, with polite and friendly staff willing to strive for a high level of workmanship. The staff provided service and equipment beyond what was expected of them. Also lodging the appropriate connection forms the very same day. Surge it was recommended to us by a friend and I would not hesitate to recommend their services to others.

Highly recommended

Nick was very helpful and guided us through the solar options to find the right system. Very happy with our outcome and his team were professional and efficient.

Fantastic service, great staff, great price!

The quoting process was quick and easy.
The installation was tidy and the staff were very polite and professional.
The whole system was connected and the app installed on my phone within hours.

Thank you!!

Nick 100%

Nick everything they said on review was 100% true, thanks for excellent job done.

Very happy with Nick and his team.

The process as painless. One of Nicks guys conducted a site visit and were not fazed by my decromastic tiled roof which a lot of installers didn’t want to touch. The quoting process was done despite the fact Nick was on his holidays and the work was completed a two weeks later to a high standard. I work in the electrical industry so see lots of electrical work and this install was done to what I would describe as a high standard. The external conduit work was very neat and tidy and the inverter was installed in a new location from the old one without fuss and within the quote.

The system produces its rated power and the Fronius app is simple to use and understand.

Condsidering how complex this process seems at the outset with many companies of unknown quality competing for your business, Nick made the entire process personable and straightforward.

Simply Exceptional

From the moment we spoke with Nick we were sold. Nothing was ever too hard. He took us through the options, made suggestions but left the final decision to us. Being first time Solar users he made the process simple and easy to understand. He took us from start to finish and all of the steps in between. When the team arrived on the day to install the system they were pleasant and courteous and did what they had to do with a minimum of fuss. Nick and the team were a real pleasure to do business with and I would strongly recommend them to anyone thinking about installing solar electricity.

Great Advice and Installation

Nick was first out of the starters box. He gave sound advice and a great price so he got the job.
The first installation date was rained out but when it did happen it was very smooth and a very tidy job. Nick has a great team working with him.
The system is working well - as one would expect from a quality installation of quality components!!
We are still waiting to hear from Energex (holidays?) and still waiting for the NBN to complete their installation to enable monitoring.

I was so impressed with Surge It that I had them install a solar system on my other house and 2 aircons as well!
I highly recommend Nick and his team.

Great to deal with. Job quality was excellent!

Nick and the team did a great job. He answered all my question. Pricing was very reasonable for a quality system

Quick and easy installation

I was happy with all aspects of my quote and install by Surge Electrical. The price and quality of the products was in line with SolarQuotes recommendations. The advice with the quote was very helpful and then I was lucky enough to get a quick installation. The whole system was up and running in no time and is working very well. I am very happy with my new solar power.

Great, no nonsense straight talking installer!!

I recently had a new solar solution installed by Surge It Solar and Electrical. From the quoting through to completion I have to say the experience was only positive. The end result was exactly as initially discussed, and after using the system I am able to look at the statistics and could not be happier. I have worked in IT for almost 30 years and I deal with contractors daily, I wish all contractors operated the way Nick does! Nick arrived on time, his crew were polite and got stuck in straight away, I had an existing system that had to be removed, and during removal it was apparent the prior installers did not do a quality installation. No worries, Nick fixed all defects and by the time he had finished I have to say the new solution not only performs precisely as described by Nick, but also looks so much neater than what was there before. It's the little things too that can make a big difference, such as we had an old satellite dish on the roof not doing anything, this was removed by Nick to ensure it would not impede any performance with shading, we also have several whirly birds and one of these was relocated to ensure the neatest uniform job would be possible with the solar panels. Dealing with Nick was easy, he is a straight talking guy and delivers on his word. My home was left clean and tidy as though nobody was even there, I will certainly recommend Nick to anyone I know looking for a Solar Solution. Very happy I used Solar Quotes and also took the time to read through the reviews of the installers, and I am now leaving a review too to add the collection, very satisfied customer, thanks Nick and Surge It Solar and Electrical for the work.

The Rumours are True!! Highly recommend Surge It Solar.

Surge It Solar was first recommended to me through my community FaceBook page. I was then recommended to check reviews on this site. I was very happy to find that Surge It Solar had numerous five star reviews and positive comments. I had already conducted quite a lot of research on the plethora of solar products on the market so had narrowed it down to a couple of brands. Nick was very responsive to any questions I had and the quoting process was easy. Pricing was very competitive for quality products. I was lucky that Nick had a last minute opening in his schedule and my system was installed the day after accepting the quote. Most other companies that quoted were unable to install until the new year. Nick and his team were punctual, very easy to talk to, they cleaned up after installation and the workmanship was top notch!. I am extremely happy with the service provided and can highly recommend Nick and the team from Surge It Solar. Great work guys!

Quality install, very satisfied customer.

I would highly recomened surge it solar to anyone. The whole process was super easy and Nick was easy to contact and happy to answer any questions. The installation went smoothly and looks great.

Excellent all round solar service!!

From start to finish we got a great service from Nick and his team from Surge It Solar & Electrical.

Based in Brendale, Nick was able to visit our property in Eatons Hill to assess our needs and what system would be best for us. Nick said that the mid ranged system that they had on offer would be more than good enough for us, but we chose to have the high end system even though it cost more. The system that we chose was a Fronius Primo inverter with REC N Peak panels. On installation day Nick and his team turned up on time and in approximately 4 hours later we were up and running. The actual installation work was first class.

I can say this with ease as I worked in Facilities Management for 17 years and dealt with many contractors, having to sign off works for payment. So I have a keen eye for detail.

The inverter installation has no external wiring showing, the panels look smart and square to the roof top and all of the panel framework was cut square to the panel edging to give that professional look. I honestly cannot fault it. To date the system is producing between 40 to 45 Kwh which is exceeding our expectations.

At the end of the installation Nick and his team cleared up any debris, metal, cardboard, etc to leave the area spotless.

I highly recommend Surge It Solar & Electrical. Great work, great products. A win win for us.

Nick and his team exceeded expectations!

Nick's install team were punctual and professional, their work was very tidy and finished within the estimated duration.

I was very impressed with the finished product, especially the cable management and conduits which had to work around what we already have built into the house.

Fast, Excellent Service with quality materials

Nick was great to work with, he quoted quickly and as soon as there was an open spot he fitted me in to get it done. The workers turned up on time and were done on time and with excellent quality. When compared to other providers 'Surge it' was very competitive and used top-notch panels and inverter.

Excellent service and communication

From start to finish Nick and his crew were fantastic with explaining everything to us and the installation was a breeze. Thoroughly recommend their services and we are very happy with our solar panels!

Great Job.

Nick, Morgan and Hayden arrived on time as arranged. Job completed efficiently, very neat and tidy. All rubbish including old panels taken away.
All connections completed and working explained. Highly recommend the guys and their work.

Great price and a quality installation. Im a very happy customer.

They beat all my other quotes from other providers and were very informative during the quoting process. The installation was very quick and very professional. They did the full end to end service very efficiently and at an excellent price. I would certainly recommend them to anyone !

Highly recommend Surge It Solar and Electrical

I knew about Surge it Solar and Electrical for a while but looked around at other companies to see what they could offer. I Told Nick about the quotes I got from 2 other companies as I thought I might have been getting ripped off. Surge came through with a better system for pretty much half the price of the other two quotes.

Nick sent me through a few quotes with pictures of what the installation would look like on my rooftop and when his team arrived the installation looked clean and better than I had hoped!

Overall, Nicks team were quick, efficient and very professional with the installation and I have recommended them to my co workers!

Tradesman, not salesman.

I had nick and the boys put 7.7kw on my house and a 5kw ac in the lounge.

To give some context to my review, I am a tradesman boilermaker tube welder for over 20 years, I build water tube boilers, so as a tradesman who has a high level of detail building pressure vessels as my job, I had high expectations. after speaking to Several, solar “experts” receiving quotes and listening to the sales pitches, I quickly realised Nick is no salesman, he is a tradesman, I can assure you there is a big, big difference, Nick installed the inverter n my garage, the best place for it, out of the whether and heat, not one other company was willing to do this, as it was “way too much work” nick actually told me he wanted to put it there, said it was not that much extra work.
like I said big difference between salesman and tradesman.
the panel install, electrical board upgrade and fixings are up to standard, square, mounted securely, legit. these guys are professional, the real deal.

Great service! Highly recommended!

Gives honest opinions on what's best for his customers. Great communication and service. The process went smoothly, prompt installation. Nick answered all our questions. Highly recommended!

Great Install

Nick at Surge It was very informative compared to some other companies , he tailored the best system to suit our family home.
The installation was on point

The Guys ran me through the system step by step , including the app on my smart phone

Have recommend to all my friends and family

Meet customer need

Whole interaction was smooth, very respectful with appropriate humour. No question was too simple and well answered in terms I could understand. The quote was clear. Installation was smooth and the team cleared ALL mess. A fantastic job done.

Highly recommended!

No-nonsense, honest advice paired with prompt installation and expert workmanship. Nick had me sold when he said, "if this were my house, this is what I would do." I knew straight away that the quality of service that he was offering was going to be above and beyond what any other retailer had proposed for the same price (i.e. placement of the inverter out of the elements despite a longer cable run, hot water timer, consumption monitoring, installation on terracotta, internal cable routing, etc).

I had the job quoted by numerous different retailers and contractors, all coming in at different price points. Rest assured, you get what you pay for. Nick provides very competitive pricing for the quality of product he is supplying and has a crew of in-house installers who provided some of the highest quality workmanship I've seen in a long time. Surge It Solar were able to complete a difficult installation on a double-story glazed terracotta roof where other contractors had attempted installation, failed and ultimately walked away from the job.

There is an immense amount of attention to detail and care taken to ensure that the installation is completed safely and neatly. They take pride in their work and this is very clear in the finished product.

Quality workmanship

I had my system installed in December 2014, so i have had a very long time to review and test my system, and its still working as good as when it was installed.

Nick was very professional came to our house and was very polite and very helpful in explaining the different systems and panels.
Nick advised us of the best system to suit our budget and most cost affective.

I was so impressed with the prompt installation and workmanship of the crew, he left everything neat and tidy and cleaned up .
Nick also helped with the grid connection and explained everything after the install of our solar.

I also used nick on several other jobs for clients and they all thanked me for referring nicks company.

It’s very difficult to find in these times a honest company that promise to deliver and does exactly that!!

Very easy to get in touch with nick if we had any questions for after installation he would explain any issues we would have and help us over the phone, also a big plus!

Happy customer

From start to finish it was a pleasure to deal with Surge It. Professional install, honest advice and good prices. Would definitely recommend.

Great Solar, Great Guys!!

Nick from Surge It was such a pleasure to deal with from the first time we spoke.
The price was great and Nick and his team were there right on time and did a wonderful job and were so efficient. The guys were so friendly and polite. Nick takes care of everything! I would highly recommend Surge It to anyone thinking about getting solar. You won’t regret your decision and can be confident you will be looked after before and after the installation!

Mint job, organised fast

Did my research and got advice from solar experts about the best deal. Surge It was the best quote I got and they were local. The owner of the company came and did the quote and organised install much sooner then other companies could.

Provided well known quality equipment and very happy with the result.

Efficient, friendly and down to earth installer

A quick phone call explaining my situation and requirements and Nick had a quote to me, recommending a few different options. Nick was easy to deal with, answered all of my questions patiently and with good humour, no matter how simple or down into the weeds. The quote was very reasonable for a 6kw inverter and 7.9kwh panel system and I felt no pressure at any point in the process to select a brand, system option or to commit to the company. It was the reputation, reviews, recommendations and this customer service that helped me finalise my decision with SurgeIt after a lot of research and quoting with various companies.
The install was conducted within two weeks of the quote acceptance (around my schedule) and Nick and his team turned up on time, well presented and worked very efficiently to remove my old panels and install the new system within 5hrs. The team were friendly, polite, clearly competent and happy to explain the process as they went along. The install was high quality with attention to detail - trying to replace the new inverter over the holes in the wall of the old system, trimming excess rails, tile cutting, cleaning panels after install, tidying up the yard and driveway when complete etc. Nick stepped me through the installation of my Fronius system monitoring and iphone app and, as we had a smart meter already, had us up and running as soon as the install was complete, with the open offer to call at any time if I had any follow-up questions.
Thanks again to SurgeIt for an excellent experience and great product. Cheers!

Trusty installer

Initially I went with a solar company with a lower quote. After working with them for a month they finally sent an installer. He came and told it is not a stand installation and will cost additional 2K. I cancelled the contract...came to know about Surge it solar and Nick.

Nick came to home, measured the roof and gave the quote ( same as he published in the Facebook ad ) and a standard installation. After paying the booking amount, Nick and team came the very next day and completed the installation.

Nice installation without any additional pipes outside the wall, everything concealed. I have already referred him for my friends ... and I recommend him ... you won’t regret on decision for sure.