Surge It Solar and Electrical

Surge It Solar and Electrical Reviews

Why use us? Good question as we are not the absolute cheapest and we will never be and nor do I plan to be. What we are is a quality company, with quality staff and quality work ethics which will far outweigh a small few $100 saving you may catch with somebody else. Our reviews speak for themselves.
All our installations are done in house, we don't use subcontractors or salesman. You will deal with one person from start to finish.
We have successfully been in business since 2012 and completed over 5000 installations through a rocky industry. Our diversity of work outside of solar will keep us around long after the fly by night sales companies have liquidated.
We are here for a long time and plan to stand by our work for many years to come.

Reviewers report paying: $5,000 - $8,300 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Surge It Solar and Electrical Reviews (139)

Friendly and efficient!

These guys are 5 star for a reason. Great price for a quality system. Nick gave us an excellent quote, answered all our questions about it and had us scheduled in soon after. The Surge It team were very efficient and organised. By mid afternoon they had finished everything and were showing me how to log in to the app to monitor the system.

Everything was looked after. All I had to do was wait for an invoice. I was happy with the whole process.

A professional, quality installation at a fair price.

My whole experience over the purchase and installation of my 6.66 Kw Solar System from Surge It Solar and Electrical, was a pleasant one. Right from talking to Nick who organised the solar "pre wire" of my new build modular home under construction in Lawnton, to the Solar installation itself, here on Russell Island six months later after the said house had been transported here. The Surge It guys, electrician Dan and Pat were neat, efficient and well organised. It wasn't long before they were away, back on the vehicle barge to return to the mainland. Job well done.

Highly Recommend

Nick was great to deal with through the quoting process and was very accommodating to our queries. The installers were polite and easy to deal with and the installation was completed within 1 day. From quoting to install, I would highly recommend Surge It Solar & Electrical

Best Prices and Best Services

Surge It Solar were simply amazing! They were the last of the three quotes and they were the best of the three quotes. Nick was very professional and contactable through the process. He really told it how it was regarding which panels and inverter to get which aligned with all of my research. His prices were also the best and the lead times were at least a week quicker than the rest. On the day, the team came out and Nick came as well. The team were friendly on the day and they were quicker than expected. There were no excuses through the process, they got the job done and gave me an overview afterwards of the completed job. They also set everything up for me from the smart meter upgrade registering my account and ensuring the extended warranty on the Fronius meter was applied for that day. It was a seamless experience and I am very happy I went with Surge It Solar. My friend who works quoting for a different solar company recommended them after doing checks for me. I highly recommend their services to anyone that is looking at getting Solar.

Great Experience

Can only recommend Nick and his team,
great workmanship, easy to deal with, the whole experience was great.

Throughly recommend Surge It

The Surge it boys did a great job. They were punctual and very polite. Everything was neat and tidy when they left. Nick explained the Fronius App to us and they looked after the application to Energex to make the changes to the meter box. In short I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Quick easy quality work

Nick was great to deal with through the quoting process and was actively involved during install. The team were fast, professional and easy to deal with. From quoting to install, I would recommend Nick and his team to all.

A pleasure to deal with

A good quote delivered quickly was followed by installation to my timetable and prompt communication- what more could you want? Oh yes, they didn’t want any payment until post completion when they called to check I was happy and whether I had any questions- now that’s refreshing!

Smooth and Easy as it gets

Nick and his team were fantastic to deal with nothing was a drama even after I had to delay the installation many times due to waiting to get my roof restoration done.

He was always checking in to see when the restoration would be completed and was very accommodating due to the delays.

The install team were friendly and helpful.

Communication was great and would highly recommend for anyone looking for a solar install.

Solar made easy

Surge It Electrical made everything very easy from the beginning. My questions were always answered and it certainly helped to clarify the many doubts l had. From Nick, the owner, to the installers, the job was done very quickly and efficiently.

I had other quotes, but l felt that Surge It Electrical was the best option regarding all the aspects to consider when choosing solar energy.

Quality System & Install

Nick and his team were great to deal with and very professional. Whole process from quoting to install went smoothly. Well worth it. Thanks.

Competitive Price and excellent service

Surge It Solar and Electrical provided a prompt and competitive quote for quality panels and inverter for our house. Once accepted the system was installed the next day with the team being on time and efficient and willing and helpful in answering any questions we had. Nick was easy to contact and very helpful and friendly in answering our questions.

Honest and Reliable

Sales and quoting was fair with an honest approach and a wide knowledge of what is available.
The installation was first class. The guys were on time and had everything done in timely manner.
Everyone was polite and took the time to explain any questions I had.
The team were clean and left my house in better state then they arrived! Highly recommend

Original Review on 14-06-2021:

Amazing Install, high quality panels & inverter

Quote process was quick and easy, no gimmicks and honest salesman. I could have gone with a cheaper Facebook deal but thanks to this website I learnt a lot about getting what you pay for when it comes to panels and inverters. I chose my installers based on their reputation for high quality installations and a 10 year install guarantee, plus they were in my local area which is always good thing. Highly recommend them. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Adam: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, with 7.8kw of panels and a 6kw inverter I have often seen my system peaking out at 6kw solar generation even during the cooler winter months (albeit from the SEQLD region where we don’t really have winters). Overall I’m still very happy with the quality of the products I was sold and the quality of the installation (i.e no leaking roof even in severe storms).

Great service, quality product and installation!

Nick was great to deal with and quick to respond to my queries. I was very happy with the price of the system and was able to book in an installation date the following week.
The installation team showed up on time, were polite and did a great job on the installation.
Very happy with Surge It Solar and Electrical. Highly recommend them!

Fantastic service from all the staff and installers from surge it solar and electrical

Installers were very polite and gave great service. Price and quality of the system was excellent
Everyone was polite and they were on time and the job was done in a speedy time.
They have organised the grid connection and kept in contact throughout the whole process.
Thanks to the team from Surge It Solar and Electrical .
Very much appreciated

Excellent service, products and install

The experience with Nick was seamless from initial contact. Nick was extremely responsive, was able to suggest a system (10.7 KW) and products appropriate for our house and electricity consumption, could explain why he recommended the relevant panels (REC) and inverter (Fronius) and was open to working with us on our preferred placement. On installation day, Nick, Will and Haydn were extremely efficient, tidy and professional. The system looks great and is already producing power well in excess of our consumption (despite being overcast). Nick and the guys also did additional electrical work on the day at a great price and quality.

After receiving quotes from multiple groups (including the major electricity retailers), I am very glad I went with Nick and would not hesitate to recommend. Will definitely keep as our preferred electrical and solar group for future work.

Quick, Simple & Excellent Installation! A pleasure to work with.

We contacted Surge IT Solar & Electrical as we were looking at installing solar on our recently purchased home.
We initially had 3 other quotes and I came across Surge IT on Facebook and decided to contact them as well.

I had a quick chat with Nick over the phone and had him send me an official quote. Overall, I was extreamly happy with the quote and everything that was involved.

The installation happened quickly from here, even over the Christmas period, his staff were absolutely wonderful arrived early in the morning on day of install and had it up and by mid afternoon. I highly recommend Surge IT as Nick and his team were an absolute pleasure to work with.

Very prompt and helpful

I called Surge It Solar to check a fault with my old system and Nick made time for me the very next day. He checked my system and showed me evidence of why all of my panels were failing and were virtually useless.
He offered to provide me quotes of two systems, a 6.6kw and a 7.8kw which he forwarded that night. The quotes provided all the information regarding the systems including specifications, warranties etc. and I accepted one the next day.

The process was quick, simple and very efficient with any connection applications completed by Surge It Solar online.

Surprisingly, they were able to install the system, the 7.8kw, within 5 days which meant I wasn't without a working solar system for too long. The installation only took half a day, they arrived first thing went about the job of removing my old system and installing the new one. The boys were very thorough replacing everything with new components and completely tidied up on leaving.

I am extremely happy with how prompt Nick was not only to check my system but to arrange a replacement ensuring I had a working system in short time. The system is a good quality system (as my neighbours have similar) with very good warranties. I would recommend Surge It Solar.

10/10 Recommend

We used Surge It Solar in December 2018 on our old house and we recently engaged them again on our new house in January 2022 because of the great job they do. Great communication throughout the entire process and they managed to squeeze us in at late notice during the busiest period of the year! Really appreciate it!

Great install. Surge It

The owner of the business was personally on site and answered all my questions and demonstrated the app.

Excellent Installation

I’m very pleased with the neat solar installation received from Nick and his team at Surge It to my property in Samford. Given it was a sizeable installation at 17.8kW I was pleasantly surprised that they worked efficiently together to complete the job easily within a day. They cleaned up after they’d finished so all in all it was a very tidy and professional job. I would not hesitate to recommend Surge It and have already passed Nick’s details to my neighbour who is now having his solar installed by them.

Quick and Easy - Hassle free from start to finish

I found this company on-line and decided to get a quote from them as they had good reviews.
The entire process from quote to the completion of the install was simple and stress free.
They use quality products and even take the time to set you up on-line and on your smart phone when the install is completed so you can see what your new system is doing from day one.
I will be recommending this company to friends and work colleagues who want solar.

Quick quality installation

The installation was done quickly, professionally and with plenty of communication.

They stayed around and helped set up the app and ensured it worked as well as just updating during the installation.

Solar project completed

Having read extensively on the subject, contacted quite a few companies, Surge It electrical came up with an approach, explanation and quality of work, I could not sidestep.
Lead up to installation was good, installation efficiently accomplished and after sales service consistently good.
I would wholeheartedly recommend Nick at Surge It solar & electrical

Responsive Service

I found Nick and his team at Surge It highly responsive and friendly. I needed a quality system installed on our new build, Nick was great to run through the various options and providing the quote very quickly. The install happened within a week of first contact and the Surge It install team were brilliant and awesome answering questions and running the setup and app. I highly recommend.

Fantastic service

Quotation process was easy, and not just a marketing exercise. Installation was quick and installers knew what to do. Also upgraded some old switches in the switchboard. Was also able to install within a couple of weeks.

Very professional

I found surge it electrical very professional from start to finish. The installers were very polite. That answered any questions I had and Nick did a follow-up call after the installation

Great family owned business

We recently engaged Surge It to install solar after reading other positive reviews. Quality products and installation. We highly recommend their team.

Perfect service

Excellent service, great communication, workmanship impeccable. all in all a great experience

Great Local Company

We recently had our system installed by Nick and his team at Surge IT. From start to finish they did a fantastic job. The quote was provide the next day after coming on site to scope out the work and see what the best type of system would be (some shade issues). The install was also done within about 2 weeks of accepting the quote so again very prompt. The install team (Hayden and team) were also very good and thorough with their work and accommodating to a last minute change to the positioning of the inverter. Also did a good job cleaning up after the install so no mess was left. After the install was done, Nick came back on site to run through everything and go through how the app for the inverter worked, so appreciate the service and taking the time to ensure everything is in order. Highly recommend Surge IT.

Great and prompt service

We requested a quote through SolarQuotes.com.au, and Nick from Surge It Solar arrived to our place just a couple of days later, faster than any other installer. The price quoted was reasonable, and we had our solar installed in just a few days.

Surge It Solar team were fast and courteous, they arrived on time as agreed and left the place nice and clean. We are very happy with the service, highly recommend!

Beautiful installation! Couldn't be happier!

Right from the beginning, Nick was clear & honest with information and answering of my many questions. He was prompt in reply too! Nick gave me 3 quotes for solar so that I could choose one that suited my budget and he explained the pros & cons of each system without putting pressure on me to decide instantly or to choose the most expensive one.
Nick put my mind at ease that he is a person that can be trusted.
The installation process was excellent! Nick and the team arrived on time, were professional throughout, very tidy and did an outstanding job of the install. The finished product looks awesome!
Nick has taken away the anxiety of getting solar including the grid connection. I had no idea where to begin with that and he has taken care of it all for me.
I would recommend Nick and Surge it Solar to anyone!! If I could rate higher than 5 stars I would.

Great service. Very professional and responsive.

Great service from Nick and his team. Very polite and professional. Punctual and efficient use of time. Took time to explain things to me and helped with setting up a monitoring App.

Truly amazing customer service and great people to have setting up and looking after your solar investment!

Highly recommended.

Syed

Pleased with choosing SurgeIt

I chose Surge It following a thorough quotation and follow up info, plus the fact that they were relatively closely located to us.
Dealing with the people who supply and install makes getting the facts easier for me where it can be hard to know the full motivations (or product knowledge) of a sales team. I valued the no nonsense approach and advice.

The install was completed with minimum delay and on the day promised by an efficient team led by the very capable Haydn. All promises kept, all work completed well, system working perfectly - what's not to like and recommend?

Great process from start to finish

From first contact, Nick was great! Gave a realistic quote with no hidden extras.
Installation booked for following week.
Installation Team arrived at agreed time and were just terrific. There were so lovely and polite and nice to be around. My husband is unwell and cannot move to answer the door. They all spoke kindly to him when they came inside the house.
Hadyn helped me set up the link to my phone for the solar web app. That was much appreciated.
The yard and garage ares were left neat and tidy after they finished which was great .
Today on the the app we are at 100% self sufficiency.
Thank you very much for such prompt efficient friendly service.

Excellent installation

Very professional and good quality work. This company’s communication is of a high standard, very happy and we recommend if you want good workmanship!.

Great Job and Service

All my questions were answered, I received all the information l needed to know to say yes without a big sales pitch that others do.
Nick organised everything for me and installation was quickly done. Very happy customer. Thank you Nick and the team.

5 Star Product and Service!!!

5 Star Product and Service!!!
A big thank you to Nick and his team who installed 7.92kW of REC panels with 6kW Fronius inverter. Nick provided several competitive quotes for us to consider based on our needs and budget. It was surprising how affordable a large top end system cost. The installation is very clean and professional. It came with a hot water timer and Fronius smart meter which is a cool device that lets us track the solar systems productivity, consumption of our house and export/import or any energy going to the grid in real time on our mobiles. Nick and his team are very friendly and accommodating.The whole process has been seamless. We were so happy with this installation we decided to get non solar electrical works completed as well. We would recommend Surge It Solar and Electrical for your solar needs, a/c installation and any other electrical needs.

Amazing Experience

The Guy's from surge it solar make this the easiest part of my new build, We have been stressed to the max with everything happening but the guys looked after us and made this part as super easy. all the work the boys did looks amazing and we are super happy with our system.

Honesty and Quality!

Easy as from start to finish. Great communication and appreciated the honesty regarding all of the options. Quick service too. 10/10 would recommend.

Overall a really good experience

Nick was prompt to provide a quote, responded to all my questions quickly and was happy to make any changes I needed. I didn't have to wait long for the install, and they worked around my schedule. The installation went well, team were great to deal with, and did a quality job. So overall, very happy with Nick, his team and their work.

Super fast turnaround

We were so impressed with Nick and his team - super fast install and punctual. It was a seamless install from quote to installation. The team always had an extremely tidy workspace too and were always professional throughout the duration of the install - all done and dusted ready to go in two days. This includes grid connection - which again happened even before we had time to think about it. Such great service.

Nick was really helpful in talking us through the technical side of things (i.e. three phase questions/system that is battery ready, etc) as well as the app set up too. We love the app - so great to monitor to understand how we have reduced our carbon footprint, and continue to do so. We would highly recommend Surge It to anyone considering solar power but just not sure where to begin.

Excellent service

Nick was very helpful and efficient with the quoting process. The boys were very polite, professional and helpful on installation day. They arrived on time and tidied up before they left even replaced a couple of cracked tiles while on the roof. I had the system explained to me and was helped to create an account and download the app

Excellent workmanship

Nick and his team did an excellent job. Very particular and high quality craftsmanship. He also took the time to explain things.

Excellent Service

Nick was easy to contact, advised me of all I needed to know and followed through of questions.

Very good experience. Friendly. Good products. Reasonably priced. Highly recommended!

The whole process was stress free.
Installation went well.
Tidy job.
Punctual.
Reasonably priced.
Staff we're friendly.
Happy Customer!

Punctual, Efficient, Professional.

After long consideration and research we decided to instal solar at our home in Robina. We chose Surge It Solar and Electrical based on recommendations from family and friends who had used them.

We were very happy with the whole process. The quote was done quickly and painlessly, all over the internet. A very short time after we agreed to the quote they contacted us to arrange an installation date a few days later.

The installation day had showers on and off, nevertheless they arrived at the designated time and proceeded with the installation between showers. The whole installation was completed in the agreed time, albeit some very wet installers by the end.

It was all done in a friendly professional manner including assisting us with the downloading and use of the very handy app.

We thoroughly recommend Surge It Solar and Electrical.

Quality... All the way !

After deciding on installing a solar PV system, I researched using Solar Quotes and online forums to narrow down what I was looking for. I didn’t fall for the TV scammer ads or Facebook unbelievable prices. I wanted a team that didn’t subcontract the work out.

Nick and his team were local and highly regarded online. As Surge it Electrical does general electrical work, they should be around long term. Nick gave me 3 quotes using different components. I chose the highest spec system as the warranty was the greatest and if Nick has the same on his house then I see it as a quality recommendation. The team arrived on time and split up each doing their area of expertise. My request to have the rooftop isolator put to the back of the house so it was not visible from the street was no problem and all of the installation was very neat and balanced. No external conduits, everything hidden.

As we have an uncommon 2 phase power supply, the install was planned around the intention of installing another copy of the system on the other phase so the inverter and wiring was all positioned for the future expansion.

The guys cleaned up after themselves and I have been impressed with the quality I received. I would 100% recommend Nick and his team to all my family and friends, and suggest you get him to give you a quote if you are after a quality system, backed by a great install warranty at a fair and very competitive price.

Quality Service, product and install. Get a quote from Surge It before you install!

After doing a lot of research on solar packages and installers I knew I wanted a quality system, to deal with a great professional and honest company at a great price, Surge It was perfect for us. Yes there are $2.Xk options, but you get what you pay for and Surge It was the most competitive price for quality gear.

Nick and his colleagues were very professional, polite and helpful. Happy to answer every and any questions and give free advice along the way. The installation was great and it is very tidy. I was assured the quality of the installation components and workmanship and it was delivered.

I cannot understate the importance of dealing with a good reliable company who offers high quality customer service and is dependable. Being a partner with some of the leading solar product company means they can offer fantastic prices with great after sales service.

All in all, although I encourage everyone to do their own independent research, I could not recommend Surge It enough.