AG Solar Pty Ltd

AG Solar Pty Ltd Reviews

The difference with AG Solar is that we are a local based business so you liaise with owners of the business, not a sales representative.  We are two qualified electricians who have a passion for renewable energy so we decided to come together to form AG Solar. AG Solar will ensure the process is straight forward, which begins with directly speaking to the owners and dealing with one of our installation teams, not just any contractor that shows up. With over 15 years combined Solar experience we can design and install the perfect system for your individual requirements.

Our reputation has been built on word-of-mouth and client referral, which we believe is testament to the professional service we offer to our clients.

Reviewers report paying: $3,299 - $10,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

AG Solar Pty Ltd Reviews (372)

In a word, excellent!

From the start to the end, AG where exceptional. We had some bad experiences with dodgy reps harassing us for their products and for significantly less than AG. In the end we saw through all their BS and used the old adage, you get what you pay for. On this basis, we got the best with AG.

From the initial call to installation the team at AG were professional, timely and polite. Considering it is an item we cannot actually see on our house, one of the best investments we have made and we are confident that as we chose AG, it will reap future financial benefits to our family.

Well done AG team.

Andrew - Como NSW

Happy customer

AJ Solar were a pleasure to deal with, very organised and professional, we would definitely recommend their services to others looking to install solar panels at home.

Im glad I chose AG!

Great service from everyone I deal with, from start to finish.

Hassle free process installing solar panels on our roof

Prompt, personal service in obtaining a quote. The team that installed the solar were punctual, polite, tidy, respectful of covid rules and threw the ball for our constantly annoying sausage dog, when time permitted. Customer service from the office was excellent as they guided us through all the unknown solar territory.

Awesome company.

AG Solar have been a dream to deal with from sart to finish and after installation customer service. Directors, office staff and installers are very professional. We have not had any reason to be concerned when dealing with them. Very prompt to respond to queries and nothing was too hard for them. I would recommend anyone to them. All paperwork was completed and we were getting the benefit of the new solar straight away.

I would highly recommend AG Solar. Excellent.

Sales /quoting was instant after initial phone conversation.

The installation was all done in a day with three installers all polite, tidy and punctual.

Customer service was great, they answered all my queries and arranged the grid connection.

Professional experience

From my first call to AG Solar, I was impressed with the quality of service & the early receipt of my detailed quote. They made suggestions as to how I could gain the best performance from the solar panels & how best to integrate with an existing solar system.
They rang me the week before the originally planned installation date & asked if I could change the day due to circumstances beyond their control. The system was fitted the following week on a day that better suited me. The installers arrived at 7.00am as planned & installed the system very efficiently. They were also very polite & left the site spotless.
Following installation, the grid connection was organised by AG Solar & the system was up & running late the same evening. I received a phone call from them a few days later asking if everything was working & was to my satisfaction, which it certainly was.
AG Solar is a smaller Solar company & I was impressed that I was able to personally speak with the 2 Directors when I wished to. The personal service & interest shown was a far better experience than with a larger Solar company that I had dealt with in the past.

Amazing!! Cannot fault

From start to finish, person to person I can't find fault. Trent was always so helpful and always available and never pushy. The boys turned up at 7am on the dot to start the install. They were polite and tidy and we had no issues at all. They insured the system was working perfectly and took pride in their work. Customer service was and still is second to none, the girls in the office were amazing right through. I can't thank them enough and I highly recommend AG Solar. Love the look of the panels too, very cool!

AG solar

All staff were all very helpful and wanted to do a decent job, everything went to plan no issues, very straight forward. Good company to deal with.

Solar Experience

Being Solar naive AG Solar made the whole process informative and understandable.

Their attention to detail, their engagement process, payments process and installation process was faultless. Customer service wise also outstanding. Punctual to timings provided and full communication of each step was excellent and after installation followup as well put any concern to rest.

Could not recommend anyone better for anyone considering Solar panelling.

Cannot fault AG Solar from start to finish.

Very professional company. Trent answered all my questions and even suggested holding off a month so we could take advantage of the Sunpower panels with built in Enphase micro inverter which were not due for release until August. This gave us an extra 15 year warranty on the inverters at no extra cost. The installers rang to ask if I minded them starting a day early and were pleasant to deal with and did a professional job. I would have no hesitation in recommending AG Solar.

A+ communication and punctuality

A+ communication. Punctual, very neat installation. Trent was available for every question and always ready to help.
The team worked smartly and left the site spotless. Kept noise to a minimum and followed Covid restrictions.
We will happily recommend AG Solar to our family and friend.

Great experience

AGSolar provided excellent advice, did not pressure me at all, just gave a common sense approach to buying and installing our solar system. I had been quoted a much bigger system at a cheaper price, but I now know that could have been a big mistake. I really think I got the best value system at the right price. The products are top shelf and the process, install and post install service has been superb. AFSolar people are really pleasant and helpful, all of them. My experience is that they really care and I highly recommend them.

Fantastic Experience, professional from beginning to end

After lots of research and endless discussion with a number of solar installers, I spoke with Trent and the team at AG Solar. From the beginning I had a number of questions and immediately recognised we were now dealing with an honest team. With patience they walked us through the myths in and around solar installation as well as the benefits to quality products. It was slightly more expensive then some others we spoke too, but a lesson on 'paying for what you get'. All the inverters and solar panels are top quality and the service is fantastic. They have a step by step deposit and planning process that immediately keeps you informed each and every step of the way.

On day of installation we dealt with a team that were on time, could not be any more polite and accommodating and walked us through some changes that needed to be made to the initial plan and why. It was not a case of install and leave, you can tell they wanted to plan to ensure the maximum efficiency for our money spent.

I noted after the installation that the communication continues in ensuring we have all the applications we need, walking through the final process with energy supplier etc. A fantastic company that you will be able you gave your hard earned money too.

Seamless

A seamless installation. Excellent customer service. I recommend AG Solar without any hesitation!

Very efficient and professional.

After spending weeks engaging with several companies I found they were quoting for what I would like to pay for rather than covering what I needed that wouldnt be too small within six months. I looked up Solar Quotes and picked from the top ten installers and emailed details of what I was after and received a quote. I looked at all the linked videos they sent and signed up and paid the deposit. Electritian arrived right on the nominated time to begin installation. System has now been installed by a polite and professional crew and was promptly followed up by the office ladies to furnish me with nescessary information. Couldnt have been simpler. I didnt have to arrange for moving the antenna or satelite dish beforehand.

Very good installer, offers a good high quality product. Encourage them to come and measure before installing and they did, measured our roof and communicated throughout the process.

The system is a higher end system than I originally wanted but I feel confident it is best system for our roof.

The system gets installed tomorrow so I cannot comment on whether they are neat and tidy but the people who came out to measure where polite and nice to deal with.

Highly recommend Trent and the team at AG Solar

I used Solar Quotes to get recommendations for a new solar system and ended up choosing AG Solar as Trent stands by their products and was not trying to upsell me on extra gadgets we don't need.

Professional and organised

AG Solar were always honest and approachable about any questions I had. They were extremely well organised and kept me up to date with every step in the process. They were accommodating to some alterations I made. Once I had confirmed what I wanted, they did everything else including communicating with the energy provider and any necessary paperwork. They are not trying to be the cheapest but prefer to provide a high quality product with good service and no hassles. I am extremely happy I chose them.

Great experience all round

Communication was outstanding from initial contact to installation. Every step in the process was exceptional, with Lilly from AG Solar communicating so well with us. The quote came through quickly and was clear in all that was involved with the installation. The men who installed the system were punctual, well organised, and worked as a team. They left our property clear of all debris, especially as they had to remove a ten-year-old non-working solar system. We would highly recommend AG Solar because what they said they would deliver, they did. Very pleasing and professional experience.

Fantastic Tradespeople! Great Service

AG Solar were perfect from start to finish. Perfect and quick service for the quote. Tradesmen were excellent and even inspected property the day before to make sure there would be no issues on day of install.

Excellent deployment of an overbuilt hobby system

AG Solar installed a 32 panel Sunpower Maxeon 5 AC 415W Enphase IQ7A system on my residential property in Sutherland Shire in June 2021.

This was an overbuilt hobby system, and I specifically asked for south facing panels as well.
I told multiple installers to "fill the entire roof with the best panels and inverters possible. Every square cm."
Trent from AG Solar (as well as Andrew, Lilly and Daniel) were completely transparent and informed me of the technical and financial implications of what I was asking them to build for me.

I did a lot of research on Whirlpool, Solarquotes, Reddit, international forums and websites and thoroughly read through industry reports and data sheets. Trent, via email and phone, was happy to answer my every query. Ultimately I chose the AG Solar quote over the other top-tier installers in Sydney: Solar Path, Soltek, Penrith Solar Centre - who recommended decent LG Neon2 and NeonR SolarEdge Optimised systems (or QCELL, Jinko, SMA etc) - because I felt like the integrated Sunpower-Enphase micro-inverted system was a newer, more reliable, better technology mix for my medium complexity roof angles and shading conditions.

AG Solar's quote was neither the least nor most expensive quote I received. I felt that it was completely appropriate and fair for my request. Just like the quotes from other installers who were happy to oblige my requests with honest warnings, this would not be a suitable system or figure for most home-owners just looking to be a little more green and reduce their air conditioner bill.

Installation was great, the work team led by Andrew arrived on time, and were polite, tidy and efficient.
They removed an old existing system (at my request, though I feel bad about throwing away old solar) which was only generating 1.6kW in perfect sun.
Because of the complex roof layout, installation took multiple days and at lunch on the final day I received a email to login to the Enphase portal which immediately showed all the panels generating (including with per-panel visibility).

There was a small issue (not AG Solar's fault) with the labelling of my meter box wiring which resulted in the enphase application reporting my usage mirroring my generation perfectly which Andrew fixed in 15 minutes the following business day.

I am blown away by the Sunpower Maxeon Maxeon 5 AC 415W panels and Enphase IQ7A microinverters, which are now generating 5 times the output of the previous system at 10am and will likely peak at 6-7x later today. They even start generating in the very early morning and have excellent output in shaded or overcast/rainy conditions.
Data reported in the enphase monitoring app and portal regarding Imported and Exported kWh agrees with data extracted from my smart meter to within +-0.1 kWh - which is important as it means the system is working perfectly.

I am a very happy customer of AG Solar and have since recommended them to my father and friends.

Honest and ethical

We asked for quotes directly from a couple of installers and asked that we dal through email only. Trent from AG Solar respected that request and did so based on the information we had provided. We have some existing panels so asked if they would be retained. One other installer suggested that they be removed and therefore quoted a higher price for the job. when this was raised with Trent he responded that they were still working as we were getting a credit from the electricity company so he saw no need to add to landfill by replacing them. So based on respecting request and his approach to retaining the existing panels and the very good price we chose AG Solar.

From there the office staff were very efficient in arranging everything that needed to be done.

The installers were fantastic, polite, tidy, punctual, efficient and worked without disturbing us as we both work from home and enjoy the peace and quiet.

AG organised everything from start to finish including grid connection.

The Enphase app is so informative and simple to follow.

in summary a great experience and would happily recommend the service by AG Solar!

Easy process from start to finish, great workmanship and quality system put in. Would definitely recommend them.

As per above, easy process, great workmanship and good quality system put in. Would definitely recommend AG Solar

AG Solar A++++

Great people products and service
Very helpful explaining everything answering all questions right throughout the process.

Love the enphase app for monitoring system performance

Extremely efficient from start to finish

From the quoting, to installation and grid connection, everyone was professional, friendly and punctual.
We have been very happy throughout the whole process.
Would highly recommend this service to any prospective customers.

Could not recommend AG Solar enough!

AG Solar provided a very reasonably priced quote for a fantastic quality system. There was no elaborate sales pitch, no phone calls afterwards hounding me to go ahead with them like some other companies were doing. Trent answered all my questions honestly and explained everything to me so i was fully aware of what i was purchasing and this made me feel confident to proceed without any pressure. The installers were punctual and left the place even better than how they found it! They were all very polite and friendly. AG Solar had pre-arranged the meter change over and the whole process happened smoothly. The inverter and panel brands installed are reputable and very good value for money. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending AG Solar. Best solar company around.. don't go anywhere else!

Great to deal with; very professional and responsive - very impressed!

AG Solar were great to deal with at all stages of the project. They were very responsive with good communication. Sometimes the best measure of a company is their response/behaviour when things don't go quite right. When I raised a pretty significant problem with them they openly acknowledged it and went about addressing it efficiently and to my satisfaction. I would not hesitate to recommend the whole AG Solar team.

Fantastic installation

12.3 kw + Tesla powerwall 2

Great installation. Nothing was a problem would recommend to everyone.

A Quality Installation

AG were very responsive during the sales and quoting process, wih queries answered quickly and clearly.

The installation was performed at the time specified, the installer was excellent, with a very neat result.

The grid connection was organised well by AG solar and our meter was changed over in the timeframes given by the provider.

Great Equipment & Installation

AG Solar were very helpful with selecting the right system to suit my needs and budget.

They turned up at the exact time and date as booked in for, all the installation team were very helpful and left my property very clean and tidy at the completion of the works.
Dealing with Trent and Lilly, was very easy, and they always replied tp my questions.
Trent also helped me source a energy supplier, which would best suit my usage & solar production. They also organised the installation of my new Net meter.
I would highly recommend them for all solar installation needs and requirements.

These guys were amazing. If you are looking for solar, get in contact with them ASAP.

I picked AG Solar based on their reviews and articles that had been written about them, and everything you read about them is true. They deserve all the credit that their customers give them.

From the initial enquiry, they were so prompt in getting a detailed proposal across very quickly. They answered all my questions through the whole process including post installation. The installation guys were so professional and left the place as if they had not even been here. The whole journey was such a great experience, it was fantastic to work with these guys. Thank you so much for everything!

I am in love with this install

From the very start Daniel was helpful and sent me multiple quotes which I asked for as I figured out what I wanted. I ended up with a 11.84kw system consisting of 32x Sunpower Black 370w panels and a 10kw Solaredge inverter. I also wanted full monitoring and the guys at AG Solar were happy to oblige.

I was kept up to date on the installation date and on the day the system was installed I was amazed how efficiently the team went about the installation. I was asked about how/where I wanted things and my house was treated with respect which is extremely important to me.

The site was left neat and tidy and I have had followup calls to check I am happy or if there is anything else AG Solar can help me with.

These guys are the best and I highly recommend them as an installer if you want someone to trust. This is VERY important when selecting someone to install solar.

Fantastic all-round operators

After initially enquiring and getting quotes on the “quick fix” pre-packaged solutions from other operators, I was recommended to AG Solar from a family member.
I couldn’t have been more surprised with the level of communication and value for the quality solution we purchased. Then came the no mess, no fuss installation!
I’ve had no hesitation in highly recommending AG Solar to all my neighbours who have asked.

I doubt you could find a better installer.

We had AG Solar do our solar install last year and we could not be happier with the work.

I had spent a considerable amount of time researching the various options and technologies and reading everything I could (thanks Solar Quotes) to ensure I understood what I was getting myself into before making a decision, so I was looking for a solar panel installer that knew their stuff, could provide me with the best possible solution for our particular home, that they would do a meticulous job with the install, and would still be in business in the future if we needed support.

I'm glad to say that AG Solar excelled on all fronts. These guys are knowledgeable and very professional. They don't employ nasty and high-pressure sales tactics which I encountered with a few other companies (not listed on Solar Quotes), and they take the time to answer any question and make sure that you're comfortable with all aspect of the solar installation process.

Trent was honest and straight forward throughout the quotation and design process. He took the time to understand and design a system that would fit our needs, and he identified some potential shading issues that could be addressed using DC optimisers.

Nathan and his team did an amazing job with the install on the day, and they also helped with the removal of our Foxtel dish. We were producing solar power that very day! A high-quality job with clean conduit runs and the labelling of all the equipment. Nathan also followed up and resolved some issues we encountered with our consumption monitoring.

Amy was brilliant in scheduling and coordinating the work, and providing support following the install to ensure that things went smoothly with our grid application process.

They have met all of our expectation and went beyond. I highly recommend AG Solar.

Just keep in mind the lead times for the install as these guys are in high demand, and that the net-metering side of things (to receive the feed-in tariff) can take some time due to delays with your electricity retailer and/or distributor. While it's a bit of a journey, the solar sherpas at AG Solar make the expedition so much easier :)

Great company

I found AG Solar to be a great company to deal with from quotation to installation
They were comforting when explaining my options , as the solar word was all new to me.
I spoke with a few companies whilst deciding and each had a different approach to selling their product . AG Solar took the time to reassure and educate me on my different options and how they would benefit me in the future
5 star service

Happy as Larry

All parts of the process were handled well.

The quote was for the more expensive Sunpower panels which I chose. Trent was happy to re-quote on a cheaper panel so I could compare with the other 2 quotes. He provided easily understood answers to all my questions.

The installation team were punctual, neat, friendly and very efficient - 20 panels and the inverter all installed in 6 hours.

The office staff were helpful and sent me all the information I needed to run the system.

Too Easy!!!

I wanted a quality product at a reasonable price, and that's exactly what I received.
From my initial quote request, to final installation, and everything in between, AG Solar made it a very easy and hassle free process.
All aspects of the solar system installation, including generation monitoring and grid connection, where organised on my behalf.
It was a pleasure dealing with a company that values great customer service.

Smooth solar solution

Our customer experience with AG Solar was a very pleasant one. Everything was done as promised throughout the process. We also feel that our wishes were taken into account carefully. I only have positives to share - outstanding service.

Excellent from Start to post installation

From our initial enquiry through to post installation AG Solar have been very easy and professional to deal with. No question was too small or silly. Appreciate the honest quotes and information. Installation was excellent.

AG Solar - what a great team

I cannot speak more highly of the level of service and attention to detail that AG Solar provided to us during our Solar investigation, quoting and then installation. They were by far the most professional team to deal with. System works great and is delivering the expected savings.

Highly professional and pleasant crew

We had a very positive experience with AG Solar. On the day of installation, the team was punctual, polite and very efficient. They took care of our property (one of the roofs was particularly high) and also the safety of their own crew. My pre-school age son was very excited to see the installation team (he tries to act as job foreman for anyone who comes over) and they were so lovely and engaging with him. The other son said hello to them every time they walked past and they warmly said hello back even though it must have been a little tiresome. It is the little touches like this that sets the company above other trades we've had on site. We felt safe and confident having them in our home.

Great installation experience!

Sales and quoting conducted professionally and openly and honestly.

Installation was punctual and polite and informative.

Excellent customer service, always assisted with any questions.

Pros

Great all round , were totally willing to work with our unique roof space from design to installation. Knowledgeable and professional staff happy to recommend.

Professional team

The quotation process was simple and responses to my queries quickly actioned. The installation was smooth and the team of guys polite and informative. The wet weather confused things a bit, but we were informed all the way and they completed the install as soon as the rain stopped. (Massive rain / floods in March 2021)
After the install they followed us up to ensure the retailer fixed up the metering. Well done.

Great Process start to finish

Highly recommended. Easy process from start to finish and a great result. Happy with the product and service.

9.75 kW system

Discussion and quote process was informative. I would have liked an on-site visit to talk through the options although this is not something many offer. The crew who turned up were professional however and able to significantly adjust the position of panels etc without drama.
The quote was in the top end for the system size but the installation was excellent and so far problem free. I have a tile roof which has not leaked despite the recent very heavy rain/flooding. For quality and peace of mind I would recommend AG Solar.

Great experience!

It was a smooth end to end experience. Thank you to Trent and team.

Easy to work with, but poor communication and after installation support

Reputable company with great product offering and installation team.

Communication with their support team can be improved. Particularly, AG Solar offers the processing of docs and support to do net meter installation. It has been two weeks since the installation and we have not heard from our energy provider, only to find out that they have reached out to AG Solar but did not notify us until I followed up two weeks after.

Hi Arwin,

Thank you for your feedback. It is very unfortunate that Origin were unable to get hold of you to book your meter installation. We do let all off our customers know that they need to get in touch with the retailer to make sure the meter swap is booked. We have implemented a new reminder system that will ensure that the communication between the retailer and their customer is better moving forward.
We wish you all the best with your new solar system and please feel free to get in touch if you ever have any concerns or questions

Wonderful company to deal with

AG solar were so easy to deal with. From first contact to touching base after install communication was excellent.
All paperwork was organised for grid connection and meter swap, installers were tidy and respectful and I have been enjoying monitoring our usage via the app.
Happy to recommend!