AG Solar Pty Ltd

AG Solar Pty Ltd Reviews

The difference with AG Solar is that we are a local based business so you liaise with owners of the business, not a sales representative.  We are two qualified electricians who have a passion for renewable energy so we decided to come together to form AG Solar. AG Solar will ensure the process is straight forward, which begins with directly speaking to the owners and dealing with one of our installation teams, not just any contractor that shows up. With over 15 years combined Solar experience we can design and install the perfect system for your individual requirements.

Our reputation has been built on word-of-mouth and client referral, which we believe is testament to the professional service we offer to our clients.

Reviewers report paying: $6,000 - $10,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

AG Solar Pty Ltd Reviews (477)

best installer in sydney

Amazing service and excellent communication. Right from the start, the quotation process was outstanding compared to other highly rated installers. I was impressed by the level of detail provided. The day of the installation was scheduled promptly and even brought forward by them without asking. 4 professionals did the job in about half day. Not issues whatsoever. I highly recommend AG Solar and would choose them again in the future if I need to.

AG Solar were awesome from start to finish

AG Solar were excellent to deal with from start to finish. Trent clearly explained the pros and cons of different options to deal with our shading and answered all my questions. Install on the day was great and the team were very friendly. Very happy with our system.

Excellent From Start To Finish

When looking at installing solar, I shortlisted AG Solar based on their excellent reviews and the fact that they were a local installer.
Their customer service was great from the start. They were keen to get an understanding of my specific requirements and provided helpful advice and information. Even though they were not the cheapest option, I selected their quote as it offered good value for money based on the quality of panels and inverter.
Their communication throughout was excellent and everything went smoothly on the day of installation.
They followed up to check that I was happy with everything after the installation.
I couldn't recommend them more highly.

Very professional

Everything from first contact to installation was great. Team who came to install on the day were fantastic, so professional and walked us through the process. Cleaned up after themselves too which was a bonus.

Thoroughly recommend

The guys at AGSolar did a fantastic job, advice and pre-sales was awesome, on the day turned up on time, completed on time, clean and professional job. Even the post sales questions I had all answered very quickly, really recommend the team at AG Solar.

Great experience with a topic I was unfamiliar with

Great all encompassing experience from start to finish. You'd be lucky to find better.

Could not wish for a better experience

We had been considering installing solar for a while, we'd researched different panels and inverters and were ready to make the jump.

After obtaining several quotes AG Solar was a chosen supplier, this was based on the way in which Adam took the time to talk with us and understand our needs. He was thorough and answered all of our questions, nothing was a hassle.

The communication with AG Solar was amazing from start to finish, clear and concise messages. We were kept informed throughout.

On the day of installation the guys arrived, introduced themselves and got to work.
They were polite, professional and tidy. At completion of install they demonstrated the system to me and ensured the inverter was connected to Wifi properly.
We purchased the Solar Analytics monitoring product as part of this install, it was configured and login details sent the very next morning.
In my opinion this is worth every cent, having rich data available on energy production and usage is exceptionally useful.

A few days after install we received a phone call to check-in on how things were going, and ensure there were no issues, this was a nice touch and demonstrates the level of service provided by AG Solar.

We had our system installed a few months ago and wanted to wait before writing this review, to give us a chance to see how the system performs over a longer period of time.
After almost 3 months we are super satisfied and so pleased that we chose AG Solar to be our solar partner.

Thanks to everyone involved at AG Solar, you turned a somewhat frightening experience into one which was easy to understand!
5 star service/

Fantastic Solar Result

This was a great experience from the start. They are a great company to deal with, very well organized.
Our install was affected by all the wet weather but they kept us informed and on the day Nathan’s team were great.
So a 10.4 kw system is saving us money.

Brilliant Solar Company

What a brilliant company to work with. They were so professional producing epic quotations filled with all the info you may need on an online platform. There team clearly communicated throughout the install process and managed to get the job done by boosting the numbers in there team to avoid the incoming Sydney rains. Outside of the brilliant service and product they provided I was really happy to see the their dynamic team looked like they were actually enjoying their job. Well done on creating a fantastic company and thanks for providing me with a quality system.

A very painless process

Quotation process was straightforward although they did not visit the site before quoting, answered all my questions without any hesitation, put me at ease with possible shadowing, in fact changed the design and added two additional panels at no extra cost.
Installation was done well although not an easy roof quite high with fairly difficult access, no complaints from the installers just got on with the job
AG Solar organised the grid connection with Origin which happened with minimal fuss

AG Solar are ace!

AG Solar were very easy to work with.
Open to questions (even the dumb ones), supportive and factual about all aspects of the system, installation, rebates and performance
Whilst the weather inhibited the original install date when it did arrive the team were friendly and professional.
Overall, I would recommend them and use them again.

Smooth installation and well thought out

Trent was patient with us giving us a quote over 12mths before we gave the go ahead and was happy to answer questions about the equipment and the information that we were provided by other companies that had quoted us.

Our place is a townhouse and so we don’t have the ability to install a single inverter on an outside wall. Trent stepped us through the options and suggested micro-inverters.

This still left an issue in getting the power from the panels to the meter in an underground garage. The installer came out to check the place out and thought outside the box to make the process easy as well as neat and being obvious with the conduit hidden away out of site.

Would highly recommend AG Solar.

Fast and Efficient service and Installation.

AG Solar provided quotes in a timely manner and their quote was for the best system to suit our property.
The kept us up to date with the installation process and it was installed in a fast and efficient manner.
We did have an issue with something that happened during the installation, but they were very helpful in getting the issue sorted out.
My only negative would be that the didn't "walk us through" the process prior to installation. This would have been a big benefit as we didn't know what to expect or that we had to arrange for our power supplier to change the meter or how to operate the system. The Welcome Booklet is nice, but a quick explanation would be far better.
Overall, I would recommend them and use them again.

Original Review on 01-08-2021:

Very good installer, offers a good high quality product. Encourage them to come and measure before installing and they did, measured our roof and communicated throughout the process.

The system is a higher end system than I originally wanted but I feel confident it is best system for our roof.

The system gets installed tomorrow so I cannot comment on whether they are neat and tidy but the people who came out to measure where polite and nice to deal with.

8 months later we asked Glenn: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It’s met my expectations and overall very happy with the system.

Exceeded Expectations!!

We were recommended AG Solar from a friend.
The whole process was very streamlined and simple.
The entire operation from the office administration to Installers was very professional and well informed.
Highly recommend anyone considering getting solar to contact Trent and the team at AG Solar.

Very professional installation

AG Solar were thoroughly professional from the initial inquiry through to finish of the job. The quote and presentation were well thought out and customised to my home. The install was very professional with all care taken by the tradies. Very happy with the system and its performance. No hesitation in recommending AG Solar.

Easy to deal with from start to finish.

From our first enquiry and until the installation AG Solar has been very easy to deal with. They listened to our requirements and provided us with a quote based on this as well as our past electricity usage. Talking with Trent about the potential installation of a battery, he didn’t try to over sell and was honest saying that in our situation it wasn’t worth to get a battery.

Lily/Amy were great at ensuring we received timely communication. Due to the weather, the team had to fill a backlog of installations meaning that ours was to be delayed. Not a problem as we were informed early enough with new proposed dates.
On installation day, the team arrived on time and had the courtesy to ask if they could park they ute/van in our driveway. They also made sure that nothing was left behind when they left. A very smooth installation process.
Last but not least, if you have any questions after the installation the team is always reachable and happy to respond.
We highly recommend AG Solar.

Professional service and great product!

AG Solar were very professional from start to finish. They did exactly what they said they would do and when they would do it. When a small mistake happened they rectified it promptly, no questions asked. We were extremely happy with their service and really happy with our new solar system! It reduced our electricity bill to a fifth of the original bill and it wasn't even summer!

AG Solar

Smooth quick no nonsense quoting. Installation completed as described , on time and in a clean manner. All info explained by the team, both office staff and installation staff. Trent and the team did a great job .

Easy process

From making an enquiry to the supply of a quotation was quick and well detailed. Queries to the solar system were answered promptly with a follow up call to ensure I understood the response.

The installation team attended site punctually and worked quickly to have the install completed quickly. Prior to the install the install lead discussed what was to be done ; agreed on location of inverter and during the install was happy to answer any queries. At completion the team lead showed me around the install and asked if anything did not look right . The team left the site as they found it, in a tidy condition with all waste removed.

Follow up by AG Solar in regards to arrange install of smart meter occurred on the same day and all necessary documents sent to the appropriate network suppliers and energy retailer with a copy to myself. In short there is little now to do but wait for the energy retailer to contact me. AG Solar provided additional detail should I have to contact the energy retailer.
In short an easy process.

Awesome Solar Company

I am happy I went with AG Solar. I spent a lot of time and research on Solar Quotes to select the right Solar company for my Solar System. I dealt directly with one of the Owners of AG Solar and He answered all of my queries promptly and provided a quote which was good value for money. The quality of the Panels and Inverter is outstanding. The installation team turned up on time and they were well presented, and demonstrated excellent customer service. I was kept updated on the progress of the installation and installation was completed on time. The team also cleaned up and removed all the packaging and kept my premises spotless. The Admin team were wonderful as well and submitted all the paperwork to my energy provider as well on my behalf.

I am looking forward to savings on my Electricity bill for many years to come. Thank you AG Solar !

Fantastic communication and great attention to detail

As most people do we contacted a few solar companies and AG Solar had the best communication by far. They would reply in a quick fashion and explained what would and wouldn’t work for our situation.
On the day on instal, the installers were obviously very competent in their job and we did not have to worry.
Even after instal they are quick to reply to any further queries we have.
Would highly recommend AG solar to anyone looking at getting solar installed.

Supercharged Solar, love it.

AG Solar was recommended to me by a friend after their installation on their new house.
The whole process with Trent was informed and timely to receive the quote. Trent listened completely to my needs and requirements and recommended the current solution.
I love the look of the black Sunpower panels, looks very nice on the roof.
A couple of tiles were broken, Daniel was upfront about this and promptly found replacements at an external supplier. This is the sort of installer I wanted, someone that takes ownership of the whole installation process.
Thanks to Trent, Daniel, Brayden and Ryan for their efforts.
I would recommended AG Solar without hesitation.

Great job

AG Solar were extremely professional during the whole process. The initial quote was quick and accurate. We were kept informed during the whole process and especially during the disruption due to bad weather. The information required for connection to the grid made the process very smooth. This is the second time we have used AG Solar and highly recommend them.

Reliable, high quality and delivered on time.

The team from A.G. Solar were on time, courteous and efficient pre, during and following the installation of our 17.25kW Sunpower system. They were happy to accommodate some cosmetic changes to the layout as requested. The team were always proactive in regard to communication and the prices quoted were the same as the final invoice for the system and the work. I would strongly recommend A.G. Solar as a reliable company to choose for your solar purchase.

Its been about a month since installation zero regrets! A big thank you to the entire team:)

We started researching solar over 2 years ago but found it overwhelming at what felt like “used car sales” so to speak in return – lots of words, lots of sales pitches and lots of “pay deposit today”. We seemed to be talking to multiple companies but felt less and less knowledgeable as getting more and more worried with each about making the wrong decision.

We came across Solarquotes which provided a load of good clear information and put us onto 3 companies for a quote, AG Solar being one. That same week AG Solar also came recommended by 2 locals who had used them which was great to see and perfect timing!:).

Speaking to Trent he listened to what we wanted and supplied a quote with his recommendations. Trent was passionate about the industry, knew his products and valued the clients requirements. The recommendation was right on what we needed - finally we felt confident in giving the green light with Sunpower panels and a Fronius inverter.

AG Solar exceeded our expectations and I don’t say that lightly in a review. Firstly the way Trent initially kicked things off, the knowledge he had and that he was happy to share through to the the AG Solar admin team who coordinated absolutely everything including liaising with our energy company, they kept us updated with each step/milestone along the way. We didn't have to think or worry about anything.

Installation day ran like a well oiled machine. The team turned up on time, every team member knew exactly what they were doing and every single one were extremely professional. We couldn’t have been happier. I know solar is a “practical” decision over “design” but the sunpower panels do look schmick.

Its been about a month since installation and we have zero regrets. A BIG thank you to the entire team :)

Excellent experience with a great, local company!

AG Solar maintained excellent communication during the whole quoting and design process, including regular follow ups.

The system was designed with my particular situation and requirements in mind, with particular consideration given to up-sizing the system in the future.

The team arrived as scheduled and were able to complete the install with minimal disruption to the household. The boys were courteous, respectful and very knowledgeable when chatting about the system and install.

AG Solar followed up after the install and the system has been performing exceptionally well.

Looking forward to reaching out to AG Solar again when the time comes to increase the size of the system.

Excellent service, seamless installation, amazing customer support afterwards.

The team at AG Solar was fantastic, from providing the right advice to accomodating the need to change my installation date. Installation was quick and you could barely note the team was at the house, even if it was a massive 16 KWh system.

great team, constant updates through the process

the installation process was smooth, the guys were there on the dot. They accommodated the bad weather conditions and completed the installation on time. The guys at the office were quick to respond to my emails and questions. great team.

Professional

Trent and the AG solar team come highly recommend.

They recently installed a 6.6kw sunpower / fronuis inverter system and the whole process was seamless from the highly detailed and accurate quotation (with estimated generation modelling), installation and any after sales follows ups. This included guidance with contacting my energy retailer for solar metering upgrades

Extremely happy with my system. Daily electricity usage has been completely offset

Great customer service

We heard of AG Solar as a friend used them and found them to have great service and quality. The process was very professional, no hassle and customer service was great. The founders are engineers and know the product back to front and the head of the company spoke to me and answered my questions over the phone on a few occasions.
They even returned after installation to adjust the panels as I felt they were not completely flat on the roof.
Very friendly team and panels seem to be producing well from the start.

What a great company to deal with

We can’t recommend AG Solar high enough.
Trent was sensational throughout the whole process, his advice and guidance helped us decide what Solar system suited our needs the best, Lilly and Amy sorted out all the paperwork including passing on all the relevant details to organise the grid connection . Daniel arranging the installation and to Andrew and the team for installing our system in such trying conditions, always on time, professional, friendly and tidy

Great products, people, and excellent service. Very happy with my new solar system.

AG Solar quoted promptly, answered my questions professionally, and came to an offer I was happy without pressure and in a very supportive way

Excellent knowledge & service!!

Excellent experience from the initial quote through to installation. Trent answered all my questions which made my decision to choose AG Solar easy. Communication through the whole process is good as well as post installation follow up. Highly recommend AG Solar.

Best solar installation and system

I was interested in a large solar system for my home and received a quote from AG Solar as well as other solar installers. I was impressed by Trent’s detailed quote and although the system was a bit more expensive than other quotes, it was due to the best quality panels and inverters currently available. The quote was detailed yet easy for me to understand and calculate the potential benefits.

The customer service from the office staff, Lilly and Trent and Daniel was excellent who kept me informed and updated on the whole process.

The installation process led but Scott and his “ A” team was professional and completed timely. Scott even returned to fix a switching problem with my meter box which was unrelated to the solar system installed.

The system has been operational now for over two months and it’s permanent has exceeded my expectations.

Both the panels and inverters are the best in the industry and although a bit more expensive than others are well worth the additional cost. The long term benefits of the components and their reliability far out way the small additional cost. “ The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

I had previously done a lot of research into solar systems and installers via Solar Quotes and after seeing the end results is that I can justifiably say that getting my solar system from AG Solar is one of the best decisions that I have ever made.

I would highly recommend AG Solar to others who are considering installing a solar system.

Solar system installation

Quote presentation was excellent with a few options to suit my requirements. Installation was truly professional and the installation team were friendly and arrived on time as scheduled. Timely completion and site was clean and tidy. Costumer service is the best I’ve encountered. Very friendly and helped me whenever I have issues with product registration. Highly recommended.

Trustworthy and Reliable

The team at AG Solar were very professional from sales/quoting through to installation and post sales follow ups. They were patient with all my questions as I was coming to grips with learning the technology and provided some great advice to help guide me. The installation team were punctual and courteous, leaving no mess behind. Post installation, organising the connection to the grid was seamless. AG Solar is a great team that you can trust and rely on.

Professional Team

Can't fault the team the whole way through the process. From initial contact through to installation they have been knowledgeable, personal and helpful. The quote and discussion over the appropriate system left no doubt in your mind. The installation and tradesman were friendly and professional. Following the install a fault component was detected and fixed promptly... no questions asked. Definitely recommend AG Solar.

Our second flawless install

We used AG Solar the second time already after we dealt with them before to our highest satisfaction. This time it was no exception. Extremly professional with quick ersponseand with all information one can ask for. They are not the cheapest around but with the level of service and quality of they work you know you are getting the best.

The installation process was smooth with the installers beiing very experienced, professional and explained everything they were going to do and causing minimal disruption.

Very happy with the whole team at AG Solar and would highly recommend them to anyone seeking the best solar system install.

Outstandingly professional business

AG Solar have been amazing from quotation to instillation! A great personable company, quality products at a competitive price, with no hard sell, like our other quotes. We dealt directly with Trent, who was prompt to answer all our question and gave us exactly the instal we wanted.
Quote was well presented and easy to interpret. We were kept informed at every stage and instillation date was exactly as anticipated. The team were professional, attentive and respectful the site was left tidy on completion and the system was running at the end of the day.
After the install, Daniel and Lilly, guided me through the set-up process with my energy provider and the warranties.
A great investment, we are seeing a huge reduction in our electricity grid usage and savings.
Recommended them to my sister who was equally happy with their professionalism, products and service.

Great team and great service - highly recommended

The team at AG Solar met all my needs when i had to break the install into a 2 phased approach.
Panels were installed at a separate time and date due to scaffold coming down and electrical not complete in our full house renovation. Trent was very accommodating and listened to my needs as a consumer and created a solution to meet all parties.
The panel installation team were very professional and took a lot of care with install and explained the details how the product worked.
The technical team performed the final connection this week and the solar solution provided is excellent.
Cant rate this team highly enough and worth the investment and partnership.

Fantastic all round

Extremely happy with the install and customer service since. From my experience, I can recommend them without hesitation.

Great Solar System

AG team was a stand out with the 6 quotes received. They were happy to work up options and address any questions. On the money and they were professional and ensured the team installed the system safety with no fuse. System working when finished and follow up is good to ensure all supplier / retailer issues / connection completed.

Very happy with AG Solar

I had a 7 kW system installed by LG Solar with enphase micro-inverters.

The quote was provided promptly and my various questions were also answered promptly. The installers were efficient, pleasant to deal with, and cleaned up at the end of the job.

A plus in dealing with AG Solar was I dealt with one of the owners of the business and he came across as really knowing everything about solar systems. I obtained other quotes but I was dealing with a sales rep and they did not seem as knowledgable. They also took a long time to give me a quote, which is each case was more than AG Solar's quote.

Couldn't be happier!

Our experience with AG was and still is some of the best customer service I have ever encountered.

From the quoting process to updates each step of the way we always knew what was going on.

Compared to other companies we had quote, AG never did the hard sell. When we had questions about the quote we had a quick response with all the information we asked, again with no hard sell which we appreciated. Price was also on par than other quotes for the same system.

Each step of the process we received both an email and text update and sometimes even a call.

On the day of installation the installers were efficient, friendly and did an amazing job, again they answered all our questions.

Day of install we received detailed instructions from AG to set up grid connection with our provider and a follow up call from AG a few weeks later to check in to make sure there were no issues.

The panels look amazing and work so much better than we expected!

Can't recommend AG Solar enough!

AG solar install

From the start to the finish of obtaining solar from AG Solar , it was a floor-less process. Trent was excellent in providing great advice during the quotation process and was able to explain in detail what was the best system to suit our individual needs.
The installation process was also a smooth process with the installers were very professional and explained everything they were going to do through out the day.
The office staff were also great with organising each step and kept us up to date with each process.

so glad we went with a company that clearly has a lot of experience with solar and would strongly recommend to anyone that is looking to install a great product from a great company.
Well done all at AG solar and look forward to recommending you to anyone that is looking at Solar

Very happy!

We used AG Solar to install our solar panels after getting three quotes from different companies. They were not the cheapest but offered the best product/price balance. They were very easy to deal with and all the information given was clear. They kept us up-to-date on the whole process.

The installation was neat and the team was very professional.

Even after installation (and payment), they were very responsive to all my questions about the system.

Very recommended.

Honest advice and Great service

The quoting process was honest and transparent, the installation was on time and as agreed. Even with a high and difficult access 2nd story roof the install team got the job done. Connection to the grid was arranged and processed promptly afte rinstall.

Highly Recommend

AG Solar are an extremely efficient, reliable, helpful and easy company to deal with. Their quoting system is excellent, offering a price quickly and the document made it very simple to understand the return on investment.
Installation was painless - polite and prompt installers, got the job done quickly and you would not have known they were here.
AG Solar has exceptional customer service. They assisted with all aspects of set up, including grid connection and support with the Solar Enphase app (which is very simple to use).
Have already recommended to neighbours and friends.

Excellent service AG Solar are highly recommended

The installers were excellent, arriving on time and causing minimum disruption. Communication during install was good and installers were knowledgeable and able to answer any questions that I had. installation went flawlessly and service before and after installation has been great. The meter and equipment was placed exactly where I wanted and all cables were able to go through internal cavities so as they are not viewable from the outside. All connections to the grid work seamlessly and set up of the monitoring systems was provided, I would highly recommend AG Solar.