AG Solar Pty Ltd

AG Solar Pty Ltd Reviews

The difference with AG Solar is that we are a local based business so you liaise with owners of the business, not a sales representative.  We are two qualified electricians who have a passion for renewable energy so we decided to come together to form AG Solar. AG Solar will ensure the process is straight forward, which begins with directly speaking to the owners and dealing with one of our installation teams, not just any contractor that shows up. With over 15 years combined Solar experience we can design and install the perfect system for your individual requirements.

Our reputation has been built on word-of-mouth and client referral, which we believe is testament to the professional service we offer to our clients.

Reviewers report paying: $3,299 - $10,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

AG Solar Pty Ltd Reviews (389)

Five Stars for AG Solar

The entire process from beginning to end was absolutely seamless.
AG Solar from the fantastic Customer Service/Admin team, to the owners and the installers was fantastic.
We cannot speak highly enough about AG Solar. They gave us a timeline from beginning to end. Everyone was polite, tidy and extremely punctual, we would be more than happy to recommend AG Solar to anyone considering adding a Solar System to their home.
Best Wishes
Perry & Jane Healey
Engadine NSW 2233

Flawless

I highly recommend AG.
I am a builder doing a renovation and so had a few things I needed the installers to do to accommodate for my works and they were happy to work in with what I needed.

The quality of workmanship and the level of customer service and communication where and are still flawless.

Professional all the way!

After I had done an extensive review of Solar installers (I interviewed 8 different installers!), I found Trent and Daniel from AG solar - they are a cut above the rest. From start to finish the engagement was professional. Here is what I found.

1. AG Solar we’re very factual about the pros and cons of different equipment and how each performed - not pushy like some others around one brand or another. I chose Enphase, with a micro inverter setup, and because the integrated inverter and panel (at factory), means I get a 25 year warranty.

2. AG were competitive on pricing, for top end panels and inverter

3. The people at AG were incredibly professional - from the owners (Trent and Daniel), to the liaison people who kept me up to date on the install timings and movements. The installers on the day were also pros, who were clearly experienced.

4, On the day… I was really impressed with the way Andrew, walked me through the team’s process and how new would keep me informed every step (checking in to make sure I was happy with the way they were running cabling). For example, one of the things I really wanted was for the cabling to be run in the cavity of the walls - which the team ensured they did. On commissioning, Andrew also showed me exactly how the system worked. The whole team on the day were amazing.

5. Follow up and ownership. There was one surprise on our Meter board, which AG fixed the very next day - sending a Level 2 out at their expense. AG Owned the issue, even though it was technically not to do with the solar - because as Daniel said, “he felt they should have brought it to my attention before the install”.

Wow!

Enphase system with east and west facing panels and a big tree…

I kept seeing AG Solar on all the local houses and friends recommended them.

Quote process was easy.

Install went smoothly by a great crew of trades people.

Work is neat.

After service was was great.

Whole process went like clockwork. (They have all the systems in place to ensure a smooth process)

The Enphase Enlighten app is great for understanding energy usage and creation.

Look forward to my first payment from AGL energy…

Better than I expected

I have had a few solar installations on my previous house and the service was very average. They brought the wrong inverter with them etc so I wasn't expecting the level of service that AG Solar provided. The signup process was easy, the installers were on time, were very professional and explained the process. The solar panels look amazing and they were installed quickly and easily. I would highly recommend AG Solar.

Great communication

The quoting process was very informative and included detailed projections on savings. Communication up to and during installation was great and the outcome is that we are generating power with the peace of mind of a local supplier nearby to help look at any issues under a 25 year manufacturer warranty.

Townhouse Solar Installation

I would highly recommend Trent and the AG Solar team. I had solar installed on my Townhouse roof. Trent assisted me with multiple questions, which were a requirement when seeking approval from strata. Trent was very responsive and willing to help. The whole process from start to finish was smooth and easy.

Great job

From the outset we were kept informed, quote fully explained and installation was without any difficulty given panels had to be placed in 3 different positions given our roof configuration. Would highly recommend AG Solar.
Wayne Lees

AG Solar positive review

The whole process was very easy. Communication via email was good as we had to go back and forward a few times to come to an agreement on size. I was surprised that an on-site inspection was not needed. However, everything went well.

The installation was professional and quick even though we had to reschedule due to rain. System is working well and we are not using electricity from the grid between 6am and 6pm (when the sun shines).

Very Happy with the Installation

After an eternity of research and several quotes, I settled on AG Solar. I had a few chats with Trent and was comfortable with the information I received. Despite not doing an initial site visit he did give me a high level of confidence that the result would be exactly what I was after. Both Trent and Daniel were also helpful supplying various bits of information I needed to satisfy my community association approval process. Communication was done via an automated web portal showing progress of the various stages of the process as well as updates via SMS and email when I had to provide or confirm information. I am not an expert but I am *very* particular and from what I can see the installation is very neat, tidy and professional. The team showed up on time and were underway by 7:30am. They were polite and friendly (and mostly, they played pretty decent music ;-). By 2:30pm I had a completed, working system consisting of 2x 10 panel arrays and single neat box next to the main switchboard which housed all the related equipment and isolators. No visible external conduits, cables or switches at all. So my OCD remained under control! The installation was completed on a Friday afternoon, the next Monday I received the completion docs and the web portal access. I have recently received the first bill and it turns out the electricity retailer started crediting exports from the minute the system was turned on. Comparing the meter data from AGL (which I downloaded to keep tabs on my retailer!) shows the Enlighten portal stats match very closely. Could not be happier. I highly recommend AG Solar based on my experience.

Fully professional installation

From first contact to completion of the installation A G Solar could not be faulted. They provided a clear and fully comprehensive quotation with all aspects covered, There was frequent contact regarding approvals etc. Installation was on time and trouble free with a pleasant, experienced team. After the installation they arranged for grid connection and made sure we understood the operation and monitoring of the system. Very pleased we chose them.

Great company to install your system. Use with confidence

The quoting process was straightforward - quote details are good and answer all the questions an informed user should be asking. Trent was patient enough to refresh the quote a few times until we committed to the installation.

The installation was on-time to a tee, cleaned up following and the handover was good. Follow up instructions for apps and changing over meters was good.

Throughout the process the team gave good communication and follow-up when I did not respond to emails or calls initially.

I chose AG Solar because they opted for the mini-inverter technology which was most appropriate for my roof.

The sales/quoting process was fine
Installation was punctual and efficient. The installers were fine.
Customer service was good.

Nice smooth good looking solar system that works well.

Quotation was on time, not the cheapest, but appealed to me. Installation went very well start 7 am finished 3 pm.
System was in working condition when they left. Cables from the roof to the enphase connection box are hidden in the wall cavity. Looks super tidy. Change of meter by energy provider was organized by AG Solar and should take place within 14 days after installation.

Highly recommend AG Solar

I was recommended AG Solar from a building certifier and friend. I am very happy with the service and products they supplied. They are professional, knowledgeable and use quality brands. On the day of install they had extra guys arrive later in the day to ensure the job was finished on time. Thanks AG Solar. I highly recommend AG Solar as they truly are the best solar installers in Sydney.

Fantastic Installer excellent service and very happy with our new solar system

Professional staff and great quoting.
Installation had a couple of hiccups which were fixed. Polite Tidy and Punctual installers.
Sony Portal set up eventually.
Very happy with install and great generation

Too easy

I had no issue dealing with AG, quick response and easy process.
Installation was done by a contractor, but they were also great; quick, tidy and clean as in no exposed cables on roofs and hidden away from sight.

Highly recommended.

In a word, excellent!

From the start to the end, AG where exceptional. We had some bad experiences with dodgy reps harassing us for their products and for significantly less than AG. In the end we saw through all their BS and used the old adage, you get what you pay for. On this basis, we got the best with AG.

From the initial call to installation the team at AG were professional, timely and polite. Considering it is an item we cannot actually see on our house, one of the best investments we have made and we are confident that as we chose AG, it will reap future financial benefits to our family.

Well done AG team.

Andrew - Como NSW

Happy customer

AJ Solar were a pleasure to deal with, very organised and professional, we would definitely recommend their services to others looking to install solar panels at home.

Im glad I chose AG!

Great service from everyone I deal with, from start to finish.

Hassle free process installing solar panels on our roof

Prompt, personal service in obtaining a quote. The team that installed the solar were punctual, polite, tidy, respectful of covid rules and threw the ball for our constantly annoying sausage dog, when time permitted. Customer service from the office was excellent as they guided us through all the unknown solar territory.

Awesome company.

AG Solar have been a dream to deal with from sart to finish and after installation customer service. Directors, office staff and installers are very professional. We have not had any reason to be concerned when dealing with them. Very prompt to respond to queries and nothing was too hard for them. I would recommend anyone to them. All paperwork was completed and we were getting the benefit of the new solar straight away.

I would highly recommend AG Solar. Excellent.

Sales /quoting was instant after initial phone conversation.

The installation was all done in a day with three installers all polite, tidy and punctual.

Customer service was great, they answered all my queries and arranged the grid connection.

Professional experience

From my first call to AG Solar, I was impressed with the quality of service & the early receipt of my detailed quote. They made suggestions as to how I could gain the best performance from the solar panels & how best to integrate with an existing solar system.
They rang me the week before the originally planned installation date & asked if I could change the day due to circumstances beyond their control. The system was fitted the following week on a day that better suited me. The installers arrived at 7.00am as planned & installed the system very efficiently. They were also very polite & left the site spotless.
Following installation, the grid connection was organised by AG Solar & the system was up & running late the same evening. I received a phone call from them a few days later asking if everything was working & was to my satisfaction, which it certainly was.
AG Solar is a smaller Solar company & I was impressed that I was able to personally speak with the 2 Directors when I wished to. The personal service & interest shown was a far better experience than with a larger Solar company that I had dealt with in the past.

Amazing!! Cannot fault

From start to finish, person to person I can't find fault. Trent was always so helpful and always available and never pushy. The boys turned up at 7am on the dot to start the install. They were polite and tidy and we had no issues at all. They insured the system was working perfectly and took pride in their work. Customer service was and still is second to none, the girls in the office were amazing right through. I can't thank them enough and I highly recommend AG Solar. Love the look of the panels too, very cool!

AG solar

All staff were all very helpful and wanted to do a decent job, everything went to plan no issues, very straight forward. Good company to deal with.

Solar Experience

Being Solar naive AG Solar made the whole process informative and understandable.

Their attention to detail, their engagement process, payments process and installation process was faultless. Customer service wise also outstanding. Punctual to timings provided and full communication of each step was excellent and after installation followup as well put any concern to rest.

Could not recommend anyone better for anyone considering Solar panelling.

Cannot fault AG Solar from start to finish.

Very professional company. Trent answered all my questions and even suggested holding off a month so we could take advantage of the Sunpower panels with built in Enphase micro inverter which were not due for release until August. This gave us an extra 15 year warranty on the inverters at no extra cost. The installers rang to ask if I minded them starting a day early and were pleasant to deal with and did a professional job. I would have no hesitation in recommending AG Solar.

A+ communication and punctuality

A+ communication. Punctual, very neat installation. Trent was available for every question and always ready to help.
The team worked smartly and left the site spotless. Kept noise to a minimum and followed Covid restrictions.
We will happily recommend AG Solar to our family and friend.

Great experience

AGSolar provided excellent advice, did not pressure me at all, just gave a common sense approach to buying and installing our solar system. I had been quoted a much bigger system at a cheaper price, but I now know that could have been a big mistake. I really think I got the best value system at the right price. The products are top shelf and the process, install and post install service has been superb. AFSolar people are really pleasant and helpful, all of them. My experience is that they really care and I highly recommend them.

Fantastic Experience, professional from beginning to end

After lots of research and endless discussion with a number of solar installers, I spoke with Trent and the team at AG Solar. From the beginning I had a number of questions and immediately recognised we were now dealing with an honest team. With patience they walked us through the myths in and around solar installation as well as the benefits to quality products. It was slightly more expensive then some others we spoke too, but a lesson on 'paying for what you get'. All the inverters and solar panels are top quality and the service is fantastic. They have a step by step deposit and planning process that immediately keeps you informed each and every step of the way.

On day of installation we dealt with a team that were on time, could not be any more polite and accommodating and walked us through some changes that needed to be made to the initial plan and why. It was not a case of install and leave, you can tell they wanted to plan to ensure the maximum efficiency for our money spent.

I noted after the installation that the communication continues in ensuring we have all the applications we need, walking through the final process with energy supplier etc. A fantastic company that you will be able you gave your hard earned money too.

Seamless

A seamless installation. Excellent customer service. I recommend AG Solar without any hesitation!

Very efficient and professional.

After spending weeks engaging with several companies I found they were quoting for what I would like to pay for rather than covering what I needed that wouldnt be too small within six months. I looked up Solar Quotes and picked from the top ten installers and emailed details of what I was after and received a quote. I looked at all the linked videos they sent and signed up and paid the deposit. Electritian arrived right on the nominated time to begin installation. System has now been installed by a polite and professional crew and was promptly followed up by the office ladies to furnish me with nescessary information. Couldnt have been simpler. I didnt have to arrange for moving the antenna or satelite dish beforehand.

Very good installer, offers a good high quality product. Encourage them to come and measure before installing and they did, measured our roof and communicated throughout the process.

The system is a higher end system than I originally wanted but I feel confident it is best system for our roof.

The system gets installed tomorrow so I cannot comment on whether they are neat and tidy but the people who came out to measure where polite and nice to deal with.

Highly recommend Trent and the team at AG Solar

I used Solar Quotes to get recommendations for a new solar system and ended up choosing AG Solar as Trent stands by their products and was not trying to upsell me on extra gadgets we don't need.

Professional and organised

AG Solar were always honest and approachable about any questions I had. They were extremely well organised and kept me up to date with every step in the process. They were accommodating to some alterations I made. Once I had confirmed what I wanted, they did everything else including communicating with the energy provider and any necessary paperwork. They are not trying to be the cheapest but prefer to provide a high quality product with good service and no hassles. I am extremely happy I chose them.

Great experience all round

Communication was outstanding from initial contact to installation. Every step in the process was exceptional, with Lilly from AG Solar communicating so well with us. The quote came through quickly and was clear in all that was involved with the installation. The men who installed the system were punctual, well organised, and worked as a team. They left our property clear of all debris, especially as they had to remove a ten-year-old non-working solar system. We would highly recommend AG Solar because what they said they would deliver, they did. Very pleasing and professional experience.

Fantastic Tradespeople! Great Service

AG Solar were perfect from start to finish. Perfect and quick service for the quote. Tradesmen were excellent and even inspected property the day before to make sure there would be no issues on day of install.

Excellent deployment of an overbuilt hobby system

AG Solar installed a 32 panel Sunpower Maxeon 5 AC 415W Enphase IQ7A system on my residential property in Sutherland Shire in June 2021.

This was an overbuilt hobby system, and I specifically asked for south facing panels as well.
I told multiple installers to "fill the entire roof with the best panels and inverters possible. Every square cm."
Trent from AG Solar (as well as Andrew, Lilly and Daniel) were completely transparent and informed me of the technical and financial implications of what I was asking them to build for me.

I did a lot of research on Whirlpool, Solarquotes, Reddit, international forums and websites and thoroughly read through industry reports and data sheets. Trent, via email and phone, was happy to answer my every query. Ultimately I chose the AG Solar quote over the other top-tier installers in Sydney: Solar Path, Soltek, Penrith Solar Centre - who recommended decent LG Neon2 and NeonR SolarEdge Optimised systems (or QCELL, Jinko, SMA etc) - because I felt like the integrated Sunpower-Enphase micro-inverted system was a newer, more reliable, better technology mix for my medium complexity roof angles and shading conditions.

AG Solar's quote was neither the least nor most expensive quote I received. I felt that it was completely appropriate and fair for my request. Just like the quotes from other installers who were happy to oblige my requests with honest warnings, this would not be a suitable system or figure for most home-owners just looking to be a little more green and reduce their air conditioner bill.

Installation was great, the work team led by Andrew arrived on time, and were polite, tidy and efficient.
They removed an old existing system (at my request, though I feel bad about throwing away old solar) which was only generating 1.6kW in perfect sun.
Because of the complex roof layout, installation took multiple days and at lunch on the final day I received a email to login to the Enphase portal which immediately showed all the panels generating (including with per-panel visibility).

There was a small issue (not AG Solar's fault) with the labelling of my meter box wiring which resulted in the enphase application reporting my usage mirroring my generation perfectly which Andrew fixed in 15 minutes the following business day.

I am blown away by the Sunpower Maxeon Maxeon 5 AC 415W panels and Enphase IQ7A microinverters, which are now generating 5 times the output of the previous system at 10am and will likely peak at 6-7x later today. They even start generating in the very early morning and have excellent output in shaded or overcast/rainy conditions.
Data reported in the enphase monitoring app and portal regarding Imported and Exported kWh agrees with data extracted from my smart meter to within +-0.1 kWh - which is important as it means the system is working perfectly.

I am a very happy customer of AG Solar and have since recommended them to my father and friends.

Honest and ethical

We asked for quotes directly from a couple of installers and asked that we dal through email only. Trent from AG Solar respected that request and did so based on the information we had provided. We have some existing panels so asked if they would be retained. One other installer suggested that they be removed and therefore quoted a higher price for the job. when this was raised with Trent he responded that they were still working as we were getting a credit from the electricity company so he saw no need to add to landfill by replacing them. So based on respecting request and his approach to retaining the existing panels and the very good price we chose AG Solar.

From there the office staff were very efficient in arranging everything that needed to be done.

The installers were fantastic, polite, tidy, punctual, efficient and worked without disturbing us as we both work from home and enjoy the peace and quiet.

AG organised everything from start to finish including grid connection.

The Enphase app is so informative and simple to follow.

in summary a great experience and would happily recommend the service by AG Solar!

Easy process from start to finish, great workmanship and quality system put in. Would definitely recommend them.

As per above, easy process, great workmanship and good quality system put in. Would definitely recommend AG Solar

AG Solar A++++

Great people products and service
Very helpful explaining everything answering all questions right throughout the process.

Love the enphase app for monitoring system performance

Extremely efficient from start to finish

From the quoting, to installation and grid connection, everyone was professional, friendly and punctual.
We have been very happy throughout the whole process.
Would highly recommend this service to any prospective customers.

Could not recommend AG Solar enough!

AG Solar provided a very reasonably priced quote for a fantastic quality system. There was no elaborate sales pitch, no phone calls afterwards hounding me to go ahead with them like some other companies were doing. Trent answered all my questions honestly and explained everything to me so i was fully aware of what i was purchasing and this made me feel confident to proceed without any pressure. The installers were punctual and left the place even better than how they found it! They were all very polite and friendly. AG Solar had pre-arranged the meter change over and the whole process happened smoothly. The inverter and panel brands installed are reputable and very good value for money. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending AG Solar. Best solar company around.. don't go anywhere else!

Great to deal with; very professional and responsive - very impressed!

AG Solar were great to deal with at all stages of the project. They were very responsive with good communication. Sometimes the best measure of a company is their response/behaviour when things don't go quite right. When I raised a pretty significant problem with them they openly acknowledged it and went about addressing it efficiently and to my satisfaction. I would not hesitate to recommend the whole AG Solar team.

Fantastic installation

12.3 kw + Tesla powerwall 2

Great installation. Nothing was a problem would recommend to everyone.

A Quality Installation

AG were very responsive during the sales and quoting process, wih queries answered quickly and clearly.

The installation was performed at the time specified, the installer was excellent, with a very neat result.

The grid connection was organised well by AG solar and our meter was changed over in the timeframes given by the provider.

Great Equipment & Installation

AG Solar were very helpful with selecting the right system to suit my needs and budget.

They turned up at the exact time and date as booked in for, all the installation team were very helpful and left my property very clean and tidy at the completion of the works.
Dealing with Trent and Lilly, was very easy, and they always replied tp my questions.
Trent also helped me source a energy supplier, which would best suit my usage & solar production. They also organised the installation of my new Net meter.
I would highly recommend them for all solar installation needs and requirements.

These guys were amazing. If you are looking for solar, get in contact with them ASAP.

I picked AG Solar based on their reviews and articles that had been written about them, and everything you read about them is true. They deserve all the credit that their customers give them.

From the initial enquiry, they were so prompt in getting a detailed proposal across very quickly. They answered all my questions through the whole process including post installation. The installation guys were so professional and left the place as if they had not even been here. The whole journey was such a great experience, it was fantastic to work with these guys. Thank you so much for everything!

I am in love with this install

From the very start Daniel was helpful and sent me multiple quotes which I asked for as I figured out what I wanted. I ended up with a 11.84kw system consisting of 32x Sunpower Black 370w panels and a 10kw Solaredge inverter. I also wanted full monitoring and the guys at AG Solar were happy to oblige.

I was kept up to date on the installation date and on the day the system was installed I was amazed how efficiently the team went about the installation. I was asked about how/where I wanted things and my house was treated with respect which is extremely important to me.

The site was left neat and tidy and I have had followup calls to check I am happy or if there is anything else AG Solar can help me with.

These guys are the best and I highly recommend them as an installer if you want someone to trust. This is VERY important when selecting someone to install solar.