AG Solar Pty Ltd Reviews

About AG Solar Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

AG Solar Pty Ltd
Platinum Partner
AG Solar Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 91 633 907 427  ABN active since 04 Jun 2019 | Ag Solar Pty Ltd
ACN: 633 907 427  ACN active since 04 Jun 2019 | Ag Solar Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 340770C Ag Solar Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $6,400 - $8,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The difference with AG Solar is that we are a local based business so you liaise with owners of the business, not a sales representative.  We are two qualified electricians who have a passion for renewable energy so we decided to come together to form AG Solar. AG Solar will ensure the process is straight forward, which begins with directly speaking to the owners and dealing with one of our installation teams, not just any contractor that shows up. With over 15 years combined Solar experience we can design and install the perfect system for your individual requirements.

Our reputation has been built on word-of-mouth and client referral, which we believe is testament to the professional service we offer to our clients.

AG Solar Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Exceptional from start to finish! Look no further!

From the outset the team were great, quick turnaround on quotes and feedback on my queries. After iteration 5 of the quotes we pulled the trigger on 3 properties all up and didn’t regret our decision.

The installers led by Nathan were great, on time, tidy, courteous and professional.

The administrative staff were equally as timely and on point with info including connection information and coordinating with utilities etc.

Have since recommended Trent and the team to countless others and those who have taken up deals have all been highly complementary of the service provided.

Good Service

Easy quoting process and good customer service, company is local to southern sydney Show additional information

Good Quality Suppliers

We went with AG Solar, they are a distributor of QCells Panels. I spoke to the head office in North Sydney who was very helpful. She put me onto AG Solar as they are the main distributor in this area. I felt more secure knowing that I was being supplied by the Distributor as they are less likely to go bankrupt, not honour their work or warranties and they have been around a while.

The quotes I got were professional, All green didn't come out to the site, so they would have been last on my list. Smooth Current Electrical was good but the meeting was bit rushed, he needed to get off for another appointment. If not AG I would have gone with Solar Pro. I am likely to go back to them to get Solar Pool Heating, they are the only ones that offered that service and it is something that we want once our landscaping is complete.

The system has not been installed as yet, likely to be 21st September.

Thanks

AG Solar no need to look any further

From initial contact, through to install and finally organising for the changeover to a smart meter with Energy Australia, the AG Solar Team was very professional.

Look at the other reviews and you will see AG Solar goes above and beyond.

The placement and installation of the panels in our case was better than expected; very professional as the installers knew what they were doing and the install team worked very well together. Yep and no mess afterwards!

Very Professional Company, The Real Deal

After getting several quotes off other companies and being confused, I spoke with AG Solar and I new this was the company I wanted to deal with.

Very professional, nothing but high quality systems and there to help you out from start to finish.

Fantastic install, great bunch of guys, not a speck of rubbish left behind.
I didn’t know solar could look so sexy...

Top Rate Local Firm.

AG has excelled in all areas for us. They were informative and knowledgeable when we spoke with the the company. They knew their product, provided a competitive and prompt quote and promised a good experience with the Installers, which was fully realised.
The installers arrived on time, worked conscientiously and without fuss and completed the job in quick time. The Operations Coordinator provided timely and ongoing communication; and grid connection and assistance with our Energy Supplier was exceptional.
We couldn’t have asked for a better experience and we thank all the team at AG Solar.

Highly recommend AG Solar

So as you always do when you are making an important purchase you shop around.

From the moment I spoke to AG Solar I knew I was dealing with a company that prides itself on what it customers think of them.

No they were not the cheapest but when you truly compare apples to apples which includes the panels, inverters racking, cables and experience of the installers NONE of the other companies I rang including the big ones were able to install the size system I wanted and understood how to set it up properly.

And to top it off the install went smooth and the team they sent bent over backwards to make sure I was happy and all the paperwork were sent to my energy provider on time.

Highly recommend you talk to these guys before signing off on any deal.

Great experience

Trent was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions through the quoting process. With the quote we were first given an estimated installation time about 8 weeks away but I said we would be happy with an earlier install and ended up having it installed around two weeks after we accepted the quote. The installers were punctual and friendly and left the site neat and tidy. Show additional information

Impressive Installation

From the moment AG Solar contacted us they were polite and timely with their quote and customer followup.
We were given an update of where the process was at all times via a link and AG Solar handled all the connection and installation processes we needed through to completion.
The young team who installed were very efficient through the installation and cleaned up well after. It was a slightly difficult job with regard to our tiles on the roof with grinding needed but the boys all did a great job. Few breakages of course but we had spare tiles to cover that process anyway.
We have only just started Solar processing over the last couple of days but so far all good and appears to be working well.

Professional company to do business with.

Fantastic installers very hard working professional work polite and informative. Great customer service and communication. I would recommend them to anyone.
The quote came through quickly and included the exact panels and inverter that I was looking for. The price was also the cheapest.
The installers very polite punctual and informative.
The customer service was very good. All questions were answered quickly they organised everything. All I had to do was call the electricity company to make an appointment for the smart meter installation.

Fantastic Installer

Highly recommend AG Solar the installation went very smoothly and the installers were very efficient and did an amazing job. Show additional information

Highly recommended

I would highly recommend AG Solar. They made the whole process very easy and kept us informed at every step. We especially appreciated the advice we received around the choice of system. We felt confident we were making the right choice as we knew AG Solar sold a wide range of systems. The installation itself went brilliantly. The workers who installed the system were very nice and a pleasure to deal with. They answered all our questions and went the extra mile to make sure we were happy. The quality of the work was also outstanding; clearly better than many other systems we have seen. Show additional information

Seamless experience!

From start to finish AG Solar were great to deal with. Initial quotation process was very professional. Installation went ahead on the date booked. The guys that installed the system knew what they were doing. Show additional information

Seamless professional service

From the start when getting the quote from Trent I have had efficient, informative and professional service. The contract process was very efficient and made it clear what was my responsibility and the timeline to install. There was good communication about next steps and when the installation was scheduled with handover from Trent to Daniel and then to Nathan, with Amy keeping overview. On the day, the team were prompt, polite, thorough, considerate - leaving the site as if they had never been there. The follow-up about the App and other information was timely. Everything is working and I am now waiting for my energy provider to change the meter. Thank you to Trent, Daniel, Nathan and the team. Show additional information

Fantastic installer

Trent and his team have done a fantastic done installing the solar system at our house. The whole process from start to finish was smooth-sailing and they were always punctual with their responses. The installers were professional and communicated well to address any of their concerns and resolve them as well. Due to bad weather, the whole install took 3 days but they prioritised and came back the next day to finish the job instead of scheduling it for some other time. They were tidy and always cleaned before they left ant their workmanship is of high quality. We couldn't be happier with our purchase and wouldn't hesitate to recommend AG Solar to anyone who is looking to install a solar system. Show additional information

Great service and very professional....

Trent and his team were amazing from start to finish..

There quality and professionalism is definitely second to none!!!

I would definitely recommend AG Solar....

The installers were neat, tidy and did an exceptional job.

The installers were neat, tidy and did an exceptional job. Show additional information

Very happy

We have had a very good experience with AG Solar, very open and willing to modify the solution to suit our needs. Changed the design to achieve a greater output with more panels, located the inverter where we wanted it and generally looked after everything.

All communications were clear and easy to provide whatever they needed to make this happen. We even visited their premises to view the components and discuss in person.
Installation completed without a hitch, now awaiting a switch to a smart meter.

Hi Lindsay,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on your experience with AG Solar. We really enjoy working with the client to achieve the best result possible. Look forward to hearing of the savings from your new system!

Great products and great service from start to finish

Very professional service from the prompt quote stage through to final installation. AG Solar make the whole process quite seamless and offer a link that you can access any time to show what stage of the process you are at, e.g. grid application approved etc. The installation team arrived at the exact time promised and worked solidly and professionally to complete the installation. No sooner had the installation team finished before I promptly received the final communications including a welcome brochure. I think AG Solar differentiate by providing the whole, seamless service, e.g. grid applications, energy provider follow up etc. Customer service is excellent. For such a big and important investment, it is worth getting the job done right. Show additional information

Professional Service

We were put in touch with AG Solar via a solar consultant and the process we underwent justified why they were the referred company to handle our installation. They were happy to answer our questions and competent in doing so, going beyond just simple answers to provide useful and logical advice on matters we had not even queried them on at first.

They set realistic expectations on the installation, kept us informed as we approached the date and completed the work on the day much quicker than we had expected, particularly for the size of the system we've had installed.

A couple of days after installation our system stopped producing over the weekend and AG Solar was duly notified through the alert process. On Monday one of their installers was back on site to investigate the issue. Once identified he instigated a temporary remedy to ensure part of the system could continue to operate until the problem could be resolved. He returned a couple of days later with one of the other installers and fixed the issue and we've had no issues since. I believe professionalism can be best judged by how an unexpected problem gets resolved and AG Solar deserve to be credited for the manner in which they responded to the problem we had. Thank you and we would have no hesitation in recommending you to others (in fact you are likely to hear from one of our neighbours shortly).

Top notch install and service

Couldn't be happier with the whole team at AG Solar. From enquiries, to explaining how it all works, really efficient and neat install process and post-sales support. Would highly recommend AG Solar to anyone wanting a big or small solar system or batteries. Show additional information

Well done

AG Solar were very responsive and provided a detailed quote and comparison between different sized arrays.

Installers came on time, got the job done neatly and quickly and left the place tidy as well.

Support and admin team were great to deal with as well.

Excellent from start to finish. Highly recommended

From quote to install AG solar was faultless. Installation tradesmen were polite tidy and on time.
They help liase with energy provider to get correct meter installed.
All in all you couldn’t ask for better.

Thoroughly Professional

From the moment we contacted AG Solar we have had nothing but a professional experience. Communication was quick, accurate and reliable. The only small glitch we had was attended to as soon as we made AG Solar aware.
They are punctual and polite as well as attending to all the after installation paperwork in a very timely manner.
The office staff are exceptional- fast and accurate.

Brilliant from start to finish!

From the start to the finish, my dealings with AG Solar were brilliant. Their communication was super quick, often getting back to me in a matter of minutes! The installation was a breeze. The quality of the system, the workmanship of the installers and the way they explained how it worked was faultless. Extremely professional, Nathan and the team of installers were friendly, punctual and very easy to deal with.

In a nutshell, I can thoroughly recommend Trent and the AG Solar team. If you're in the market for a solar system, do yourself a favour and look at AG Solar.

Professional from start to finish

Thank you to Trent and his team for our Solar setup. Good quality panels and installed professionally I was worried about what they would look like on our roof but have been placed so we you can’t even tell they are there from the front of the house. Looking forward to no more big power bills. Would highly recommend AG Solar if your looking to save on your power bills Show additional information

Attentive and informative throughout the process

Thanks to AG Solar for providing us with a great system. Other company quotes showed withholding some of the government rebate and charging extra for removal of old system, but AG Solar were upfront with everything in their quote.
After doing a little research myself, I could see that they use the best panels and the best inverters. The installation was done quickly, by experienced guys and with no fuss. Thanks to Trent and Nathan for their professionalism and great work.

Highly recommend AG Solar - professional and proficient service. We were kept in the loop at all times until installation was completed. The installers were polite and a pleasure to deal with, they did a great job. Thank you AG solar. Show additional information

Great communication, clean install and professional service all round.

AG Solar came when advised for quoting and then provided all the information. Very good. We then signed up. Trent and his team at AG Solar have been fantastic. We had previously met with other companies and didn't feel comfortable with them. With AG Solar, there were no feelings like this, positive from the start.

AG did all the paperwork and came for the install on the day booked in as planned. The installers, Nathan and his team, were fantastic. they were polite and punctual. Arrived at the time arranged and were professional and a very neat job. The panels look good and we were very happy with the install.

The panels are now all up and running, very happy.

We went off the recommendation of a friend who had previously used AG Solar and we are so pleased we also went with them. Highly recommended. No games, just correct information and pricing up front.

Really great experience

Prompt, professional and helpful from quote to installation. Rate these guys so highly. Panels up and working and couldn’t be happier. Show additional information

5 Star

All 5 star.
Quick efficient quote and requoted in answer to my asking about the Optimiser setup that was installed.
Very competitive price for our requirements that I thought might be a challenge with roof orientation.
Tim and his team installed on the arranged day, with a minimum of fuss and cleaned up after. Real tidy job.
All paperwork sent to appropriate entities, just waiting on supplier to change the meter.
AG Solar’s service is an asset to the Solar Quotes idea.
Very prompt and accessible. Helpful and easy to negotiate modifications. Came out to inspect the property. Installation has been delayed because of shortage of Solar panels. (Sunpower panels)

Hi Ronald,

Regarding the follow up, unfortunately the wifi signal is poor at your home and this is an issue that some homes have for solar monitoring. The only way this can be fixed is with a hardwire. We have been to your site a few times to rectify this and as previously offered we are happy to run a hardwire for you.
Please feel free to give us a call to discuss.

Good installer, clean friendly team

all at ag solar and installers were very professional, quote within fifteen minutes of contact, all other contact, and any other cantact handled quickly and friendly.

Hi Anthony,

Glad to hear you were happy with the experience!

Great Installer who listens

Initial explanation of a system tailored for my application was supplied. This system was discussed and decided to go with a higher quality, higher output system. It cost 2K more but the benefits made sense. AG Solar were open to any brands and knew the benefits of each product.
The installers were great and most importantly, listened to my needs and concerns and came up with a neat solution. The installation team of 4 were careful and did the job right using all the necessary requirements to suit my application. My colorbond roof was new and I had an antenna mast that baulked the installation. The installation team moved the mast stay cables without changing the antenna position to make things work.
My system consists of 29 Sunpower 320W panels with optimizers, Solaredge Inverter 8Kw.
On a clear day, produces 64Kw.
Still waiting for a Net meter to be installed by electricity retail provider before i can sort out a feed-in-tariff amount. This will give me an accurate level of saving the system has given my situation.

Thanks for the feedback Bruce! It does pay to go quality long term. We're glad you were happy with your experience and with the installation team on the day. We always try to ensure the system will work at it's maximum potential for the home and we're glad you recognised that. Show additional information

Great sales, product and installation

Trent from AG Solar was knowledgeable on his products and installation process. He gave gave a comprehensive and competitive quote for our requirements on the day. Daniel was always ready to take a call and able answer any other questions or queries I had..
The installation crew with Nathan as the team leader was polite, punctual and very professional. Cleaned up well and finished promptly by mid afternoon.
Excellent from start to finish and will be recommending them to other.

Thanks for the feedback Chris! It's great to hear when we all play a part in making solar a smooth easy process! Show additional information

Excellent service and communication

After requesting a site inspection to discuss options for placement of panels, the AG Solar people were happy to oblige. At all times they were patient with our requests to show different configurations of panel placement with corresponding quotes for costing. They answered all our queries regarding how our system would work best, etc. Installation was seamless and the installation team were very punctual, friendly and most competent. We are also impressed with the level of communication overall, with AG Solar organising grid connection and having a smart meter installed with our energy retailer. We also love the app provided by AG Solar which helps greatly to understand how and when to get the most cost-effective use of our new solar panels. We highly recommend this supplier.

Hi Peter and Vicki,

We are glad that you had a great solar experience! Communication with the client is an absolute must within our company and it's great to hear you were happy with how we work. The online monitoring is a very important part of your system and its great to hear that you are keeping a close eye on the output via online monitoring.

Quality Professional Istallation

Sales process was excellent all details fully explained
Installation technician text the day before advising start time, he was on time, he explanation of the process to be followed and the installation was completed professionally. The site was clean and tidy after completion and the inverter details explained fully
Customer service was excellent from first contact through to grid connection paperwork
I would, and will highly recommend AG Solar to any potential solar purchaser

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the feedback! We're glad you are impressed with the service and installation provided. Don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever need anything.

So far, so good.

Quoting process was done entirely online or by phone with no home visit. However, contact was easy and all of my questions were responded to promptly and adequately. Installation went very smoothly, and all mess was cleared and taken away. Weather caused installation to be delayed. I had booked a day of Long Service Leave to be at home and available on the day. As the weather had been windy and/or rainy in the lead up, we were certain that we were going to be postponed, however we were only advised of this after dinner on the night before. This was too late for me to change my leave arrangements and caused frustration. Some earlier notice that they were running behind schedule would have been nice. I was informed by the installers that the office is taking care of grid connection but the install was only yesterday so I assume that this will take place over the next few days.

Hi Warren,

Thanks for the feedback! It was very unfortunate that we had consecutive rain days the week of your initial installation date. We find it very hard to completely trust the forecast more than a couple of days out so tend to leave it until the night before to call off the job. We will definitely take your points into consideration and will advise of potential delays moving forward. We're glad you are happy with the installation so far! We look forward to hearing of the savings into the future.

The best out there!

Look no further for your solar installers - these guys are the best out there. From first contact to installation, the team at AG Solar were extremely professional and helpful - taking the time to answer any questions I had prior to installation, and even answering questions I have after the installation. They are also well priced in the market, offering quality panels and inverters that will last longer than the cheap ones you see advertised, and ensure they are professionally installed. Show additional information

First class operation. Highly recommend.

The application and installation was seamless and we are very happy with the final result. Both Trent the director and Leon the installer were easy to talk to and knowledgeable. We never felt pushed or rushed into a decision. They were even happy to troubleshoot some issues we were having with our Powerwall (installed by a different company). I couldn’t recommend AG Solar highly enough and wish we had gone with them for our first installation. Show additional information

Fantastic installation

AG Solar has been a great company to deal with.
From quote to install Trent and his team provide a professional service.
Installation team showed up as planned and went to work straight away and didn’t complain once about the 50 plus steps that they had to carry all the panels up.
All paperwork was promptly sent through to the energy company to organise meter change over.
We would have no hesitation in recommending AG Solar.

Ryan Bonnet Bay

Great price and excellent service

Great price, punctual and polit. Installers did a great job and were very professional and tidy. Would recommend to anyone looking at solar. Show additional information

Highly recommend AG solar

From the first moment I spoke to AG Solar they were very professional, helpful and transparent. The installation was done without issue, communication was excellent and AG Solar were extremely helpful and accommodating.

Highly recommend!

Very happy customer

Cannot recommend AG solar highly enough - they were fantastic. From the first point of contact with Trent, one of the owners of the business, through to the installation team, they were friendly, helpful and professional. Show additional information

Great install buy two good tradesmen. Very neat job

The sales quoting was straight to the point and got back to me quite quickly with a fair price.

The two installers where on time and very polite and worked all day till dark to get the job up and running and a very well thought out install & very tidy job all round.

The customer service was quite good the only thing is they should of came out for a site inspection before starting the job.This would have made it easier for the installers & a bit quicker as they would not of had to come up with a game plan on the spot. But it didn't take long before they had worked out the their plan of "attack" and they executed it very well.

Expert advice and great customer service from start to finish

The team at AG Solar were a pleasure to deal with. From initial consulation right through to install and handover, the team were generous with their time - explaining in full detail all of my options and patiently working through my questions and concerns. I was super impressed with how well organised the team were, their automated workflow tool made sure I was kept in the loop from quoting, to acceptance, application and install dates. AG Solar's detailed proposal also made understanding what was being quoted and the expected PV output and payback periods easy to understand as was a great asset in making the final decision to go ahead.

The installation was completed in a timeley manner, all work looks professional and the system was up and running and producing electricity on the same day.

I also appreciated AG solars after sales support, making sure that my solar monitoring soluition was working as intended and going the extra mile to help me understand how it all worked.

I'm very grateful for the teams hard work, we now have a PV system which is appropriately sized, and of a quality which gives us great peace of mind.

Good advise, great proposal and outcome

Early days but appears to be a quality install. Supplier and Installers very professional. Happily accommodated our requirements. Producing plenty of power. Awaiting net meter install. Show additional information
Trent and Daniel from AG Solar were excellent to deal with. Provided me with fantastic information with their quote and responded to questions promptly. Their installation team were on time, professional and very helpful. Communication was excellent. Could not recommend AG Solar more highly. Show additional information