AG Solar Pty Ltd Reviews

About AG Solar Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

AG Solar Pty Ltd
Platinum Partner
AG Solar Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 91 633 907 427  ABN active since 04 Jun 2019 | Ag Solar Pty Ltd
ACN: 633 907 427  ACN active since 04 Jun 2019 | Ag Solar Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 340770C Ag Solar Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $3,299 - $8,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The difference with AG Solar is that we are a local based business so you liaise with owners of the business, not a sales representative.  We are two qualified electricians who have a passion for renewable energy so we decided to come together to form AG Solar. AG Solar will ensure the process is straight forward, which begins with directly speaking to the owners and dealing with one of our installation teams, not just any contractor that shows up. With over 15 years combined Solar experience we can design and install the perfect system for your individual requirements.

Our reputation has been built on word-of-mouth and client referral, which we believe is testament to the professional service we offer to our clients.

AG Solar Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Our solar experience

We have found that AG SOLAR have been easy to talk with and organise our solar installation from the first phone call.

The team that came to install the panels were punctional polite and efficient they worked as a team and when they finished the installation they left the place clean we were very happy with the whole process.

Quality product and great installers.

I shopped around a lot and found that I could get the highest quality system for the lowest price with AG Solar.

Their installers were fast and professional and everything has worked perfectly ever since.

I couldn’t recommend more highly.

Providing savings as promised!

Very professional outfit from initial enquiry to post installation queries. Timeframes and status were communicated and updated regularly through the whole process. The 2nd story installation was completed in 1 and a half days. The installers were very professional and identified some cracked tiles on the roof which they replaced without any drama. Almost a year on and we are very happy with the savings we have achieved, payback period is on schedule as promised, being approx 3 years. Overall a job well done! Show additional information

High quality and professional

After comparing a couple of solar suppliers we decided to go with AG solar as they were a local company with high quality products and great customer service and we weren’t disappointed. They were very professional and able to fit in with the timeline of our build. Nothing was a problem and we’ve not had any issues in the year or so since it’s been installed. Show additional information

Seamless solar installation from quote to after sales service

Having read multiple reviews online, and doing my own independent research, I’ve found AG solar to be everything I expected, and more when it comes to a solar company. From quoting, through to a quality install, and fantastic after sales service, I can’t fault them... they even came out and fixed up my solar analytics when the meter was changed over by the retailers contractors. Have recommended to family and friends who have all shared the same experience. Show additional information

Fantastic from start to finish!

We’re so impressed with AG Solar from start to finish.

They helped us answer all of our questions and understand how the process would work.

WE looked across the market at the providers and AG had the best pricing, detailed information and quality tradesmen.

Thank you for working with us to get our solar installed. WE are so happy!

Professional from start to finish

Very impressed with the response from AG Solar from start to finish. After initial contact a detailed scope of works proposal was sent with quote .
After accepting I was given a date which was firm and met by the team. Installers were courteous , neat with the installation and left the property clean and tidy. It rained heavily at times however they stayed till near 6pm to meet the install promise. From the office staff to install I was kept up to date and informed on product details and process.
I was recommended by a friend who had a similar experience.
Thank you.

Professional, polite, friendly – recommended!

AG Solar were recommended to me by a friend in the industry, and I’m pleased to pass on the recommendation.
From start to finish I found Trent and his team to be friendly, polite and professional. All my questions were answered in detail and we worked through a few options before coming up with the best one for me. The installation went smoothly, and everything is running perfectly. Happy customer!

Professional from Start to Finish - Highly Recommended

Initially I received 3 installer recommendations through Solar Quotes. As these 3 were not necessarily based in our area, I did some further research for Shire based installers and came across AG Solar. I then looked at the Solar Quotes reviews for AG Solar and was happy to find a local supplier with such a good reputation.
I'm very happy with the whole process in engaging AG Solar to install a 10.4kw system to our home. From the start Trent answered all questions and presented us with a thorough and competitive quote. Installation was complete in January, at the time advised. Nothing but good things to say about the installers, polite and professional, they did a great job. The follow up after install was great, and they arranged meter changeover which has since been done by our retailer. System seems to be working very well, looking forward to the savings by going renewable.
I can highly recommend AG Solar

Easy process

AG solar from the quotation to installation were very professional and informative on the solar conversion. All questions were answered without hesitation and nothing was too much trouble for them . Installation was carried out on the day it was booked in for and we were connected to the grid the same day. AG solar have organised for our meter upgrade so they have completed the installation process from start to finish. Thanks again AG Solar.
Phil and Ros Taylor

Good value for money. On time installation

Sales and quoting quick, easy and upfront. Installers were professional, punctual and maintain a high quality of work. Any queries were addressed promptly and in easy lamens terms. Over all the experience was 10/10. Highly recommended. Show additional information

Fantastic installation and customer service.

It's a pleasure process working with AG Solar from the start to the end. Lots of my silly questions have been answered. The price is very reasonable for the quality it brings.
Alex and his team came on time on the installation date. Very professional and tidy.
Highly recommend AG Solar!

Perfect service

The guys were great. Seamless service, great information and smooth installation. Show additional information

Highly Recommended AG Solar

AG Solar were amazing right from our initial enquiry right through to installation. would highly recommend AG Solar..
Their installers were amazing and a pleasure to have at our house.

Great Company, Fantastic System

My initial call with Trent was great. We discussed products and design options, there was never anything that felt like a sales pitch.

The quote was well laid out, quite detailed and ultimately the generation estimates were very accurate.

The panel installation when smoothly, but there was an issue with the consumption monitoring. It took a couple of visits to rectify, but it's flawless now.

Great solution, reasonable price, excellent service

I found it to be a minefield requesting and chasing solar quotes, even after all the resources of solarquotes.com.au and others.
You get a mix of pushy sales reps, apathy, as well as decent genuine companies.
After three quote attempts, only one of which I didn't have an uneasy feeling about, we decided to get a 4th.

So glad we did.

The initial conversation with AG Solar was just normal (strange thing to be thankful for I know), they were no-nonsense and collaborative. I didn't detect any bias, agenda or upselling. Nothing was too much trouble.
Their pricing was not the cheapest, but still competitive. After the first quotes, we realised that service had a higher value than originally anticipated and were happy to pay a premium for it.

These guys don't cut corners. It was a great relief, considering the significant investment to our family.

The installation went well. Alex was courteous, professional, patient and thorough. There's not a cable in sight, a very neat job that even my wife commented on (she hates cables). He took ownership and followed up until everything was done to our satisfaction.

Once the system was finally turned on, we had some issues with monitoring. It took a few attempts and site visits, but Trent persisted and got it sorted.

We would absolutely recommend these guys to anyone looking for a decent, honest, reliable and capable team.

If only we had more houses to install more systems on, we'd choose AG again in a heartbeat.

Professional expertise, easy-to-follow process. Reliable.

We were very happy with AG Solar's professional expertise, easy-to-follow process and friendly and competent customer support.

From the first conversation to post installation, there was a genuine interest and concern for our unique requirements. Trent proposed the optimal panel configuration for our roof, in a way that we had not considered. Throughout, all matters relating to our current energy supplier Origin were handled effectively by AG Solar personnel. All requests around on site work in Lane Cove were handled to our satisfaction.

We now have a working solar installation that is powering our house. Our dollar savings from not having to use the grid will pay off the investment within 3 years. We also earn money from Origin from the feed-in-tariff.

After shortlisting AG Solar and three other installers, the choice for AG Solar was clear and has proven to be the correct one.

Fantastic installer

Whole process from quotation up to the final connection to the grid, was run very professionally.

I was thinking for 6.6KW system, however Trent suggested 8KW system which now I am very tankful.

Installation went excellent with minimal disturbance to neighborhood, and very tidy and polite people. After installation they show me how to use Solar Analytics app on my mobile to monitor production from the system in real time, therefore you can see what is the best time to use FREE ( solar ) electricity.

For connection to the grid and replacement of old meter to new smart meter I did nothing as everything was organised by AG Solar.

After all process was finalised I did receive few calls from AG Solar, just to check if everything is OK with the system.

And finally after one year of using the system my family have saved $1,750.

I have recommended AG Solar to my friends and everyone who thinking of installing solar system.

Finally I like to say that many people will be much happier if all companies doing businesses professionally and efficiently as AG Solar.

Great Product

- Quoting was transparent and straight forward with a set amount
- Installation was good, one small issue with the install team, however it was rectified immediately and handled extremely well
- They held your hand through it to make sure everything was connected. Could not fault.

Dariusz

I am very Happy with installation and post installation support.
Professional team.
They are very quick to answer any questions.
I would recommend them to anyone.

Excellent customer service!

Efficient and friendly. Minimal disruption to me while I worked from home, had some post-installation system issues which were dealt with promptly. Very happy with the service provided! Show additional information

Great installation experience. Fast to respond to any query. Willing to listen.

Anyone researching a solar PV system knows how difficult it is find the right system. Every installer has different panels or inverters and comes up with a different recommendation. I spent many weeks researching and had a good idea what I wanted. What I didn't know was the price of different combinations I had in mind. I was given AG Solar's details by another installer who wasn't servicing my area.

I dealt with Trent who was fantastic. He wasn't pushing me towards any particular brand or system. He was happy to provide me with quotes with different combinations I had in mind. He provided advice where I needed it or if something wouldn't work. Over the course of several weeks I contemplated a larger system and it was no hassle for Trent to quote on different variations to try to see if it was worth it. He was knowledgeable. He always responded by email or phone call within a few hours. Their price was the most competitive for the system I needed (Sunpower Maxeon 3 due to small roof and Solaredge).

Installation team (4 people) were on time and professional. Clean installation. System working well after 4 months. Questions after installation were all answered within 24 hours.

Pros of choosing AG Solar
Great to deal with. Always quick to get back to you.
Happy to price up numerous variations during quoting
Best price for my system.

Cons of choosing AG Solar.
Their popularity means long wait for installation.
Quoting is done via satellite imagery rather than a site visit.
Installation team, although professional and did a good job, were subcontractors. Wasn't aware of this.
Didn't tell me I needed to have system off until meter changeover. My Energy Australia meter apparently treated feed in as usage and led to abnormal readings and the need for an estimated usage on my next bill.

Overall, the cons are small things. The experience was still very positive. Overall, a strong recommendation.

Very Professional - Highly Recommend

Excellent customer service, from first point of contact. Trent answered all our questions and gave us a very competitive price. Amy and Lilly have provided great customer support. They have done all the wiring on our new house, I can’t wait for the install. Show additional information

Great Solar System

A great solar system producing as expected that is well supported in every area by the excellent team at AG Solar. Show additional information

An Honest Solar Company.

Ag Solar were fantastic to deal with. From quotation to install, all done very professionally.

The guys did a fast yet very tidy install. Without seeing the panels on the roof, you wouldn't of known they'd been there.

I had a family member and qualified electrician of many years check out the job they'd done and he was overwhelming impressed.

We would highly recommend AG Solar to anyone thinking about getting solar.

All round fantastic

Great company to deal with who answered my endless questions and found a system that worked best for my house which has a a lot of shading on the north side. They have also been fantastic with minor post installation issues addressing them very quickly. Show additional information

Very happy with our new solar system

Trent and the team at AG Solar were complete professionals throughout the whole process.
We originally chose AG Solar based on reviews and recommendations on Sutherland shire solar Facebook group and couldn’t be happier with our choice.
Right from our first contact they were helpful and informative, kept us updated throughout the whole process and the tradesmen who did the installation were hard working, thorough and nice guys as well.
When we thought we may have had a minor issue they were proactive and had it sorted straight away.
We are extremely happy with our solar system and can’t recommend AG Solar highly enough.

The best!

Trent from AG solar was brilliant from the first phone call. Even to the point that after our first layout decision for panel positioning was made he researched more and found a shading issue from trees which lead to changing our configuration. And this was done by him further researching after money was paid and job already set up and ready to go Champ!!. And every follow up or enquiry regarding getting more Panels etc, Trent has been awesome. I can’t recommend this company enough. From initial quote to completion of job, the perfect experience. Love when you pick the right company/tradie! Five stars. Show additional information

Quality Installation.

AG Solar arranged installation of a 5.85 kW Solar System last weekend. The process was handled quickly and professionally with excellent communications throughout. Well done! Show additional information

Stellar installer

From the very first email, to saying goodbye after the install, and every step in between; the team from AG Solar were amazing. They patiently helped us to understand all the options, to find the configuration that was “just right” for us. They installed the system quickly, no fuss, no mess. The solar system they installed for us has been rock solid for over a year now. I was especially impressed when they reached out to me to check-in when it stopped reporting home, and were very helpful in getting it back online. It was very reassuring to know that the AG Solar team is proactively keeping an eye on their work, long after they’ve left the site. Show additional information

A company and system that has exceeded our expectaions

When looking at upgrading our 12 yo system I did a lot of research regarding the best system for my property and had a few quotes. Given the amount of trees on my property some solar companies were suggesting systems that were not appropriate. AG solar designed a system that would work the best given these factors. They were prompt in answering any questions I had which gave me confidence. All the components that were use are quality products with long warranties (something which was important for us). The installation was completed with no issues in one day with AG solar doing all the paperwork-no fuss. Plenty of information has been given and the system has surpassed our expectations. Thank you for making our investment in renewable power a smooth process Show additional information

Excellent experience with AG Solar

We had an excellent experience with AG Solar. They were a pleasure to deal with and kept us updated throughout the whole process.

They came and installed the system in one day and it all works great. They were very nice, knowledgeable and did an excellent job, site was left spotless too.

After sales service has been great, I had monitoring questions which they answered quickly and assisted to make the most of our system.

I would definitely recommend AG Solar to any new customer for excellent service and a great install.

Perfect fit

We were keen to have a solar system installed at our home and have been putting it off waiting for the supposed right time. We finally engaged AG Solar after picking apart other quotes and reviewing the quality of the systems on offer. AG Solar offered a great price for a quality system and the installation was smooth and communication was great. All components installed are the latest technology and I feel confident the system will give us great financial benefit for years to come - plus help the environment! Show additional information

9.9kw SolarEdge Install

AG solar installed a 9.9kw SolarEdge system for us. Of all the companies I asked for a quote, Trent was the only one who responded to my messages after hours and on weekends.

The system has been fantastic, dropped our electric bill from $1000 to $150 in the last quarter.

The quality of the components is important but the quality of the install and after sales support is crucial. AG solar resolved some minor issues post install very quickly and were willing to come out onsite before I signed the order to check the roof and fuse box.

Would highly recommend them for your install

AG Solar team, thank you!

From the beginning, all representatives were responsive to our many requests and very friendly and professional.
The installation went without a hitch and we were very happy with the outcome and the manner in which the installers went about their job.
Thank you so much to the AG Solar team - overall we are extremely happy with the results.

5 star service

Great communication. We knew what we were looking for. They were competitively priced with quality panels and inverter. Quick and easy installation. Thank you to Trent and the team. Show additional information

Efficient and HIghly Responsive

I was impressed from the outset during the quoting process at the efficiency and speed which Trent & team got me the info I needed. Communication was always quick and information was just what I needed. The solution & technology was configured for maximum output according to my requirements and the best manufacturers and models were used.
The installation happened on the day it was booked and post install communication around grid connection was all as it should have been. This is a well organised business.

I'm loving the solar analytics and have already been able to measure items on my consumption that I could not previously. This has allowed me to not just see what I'm producing, but also gives me proper visibility to be able to make good decisions about how I use my power as well as offering easy value calculations about savings if I installed a battery.

I would recommend AG Solar for the right advice and a quality installation.

Excellent Local Company

I delt with both Daniel and Trent from AG Solar who are the owners of the company and was delighted with their knowledge and experience with all their products. They were able to explain all of the details from choosing the correct system that would suit our needs, to the installation process and even helped organise our payment plan.
Once we had chosen the system a installation team came and inspected our roof and explained again what was required for the installation.
During the installation the team were very efficient and tidy and were always polite. Once everything was installed the team walked me through the inverter website to see how much KWH the system was producing.
They then helped organise the grid connection and even came back to adjust our metre box for the new smart metre needed.
I have recommended AG Solar to all my family and anyone else who are looking at installing a solar system.

High quality product and installation. Very easy to deal with.

Trent was very easy to deal with. Straight to the point, responsive and provided clear guidance and clear answers to my questions. Fantastic installation team. High-quality product. Price competitive for the quality of solar panels I received. Would definitely recommend. Show additional information

Great installation

We installed a 27 kW solar system from AG Solar. Very pleased with their communication, work and how much electricity we generate with the system. We have shade during the day so we have optimizers on every panel. We have generated more energy than they indicated in their quote in the 9 months the system has been running. Payback within 5 years and 25 years warranty on the panels makes us pleased with our decision to go with AG Solar. Show additional information

Really pleased with the results

Our roof space isn't ideal. Half the roof is slate which nobody will install and the best spot is taken up with solar hot water. We needed to sneak panels into every piece of the remaining space. Trent was happy to walk us through it and recommend the right tech with microinverters.

Install involved a bit of a wait. These guys are super busy because they're getting lots of referral work. I got their details from a friend who specifies them in her building design work and the referral was worthwhile. I don't mind waiting to get it done, hell I've waited this long to go solar already.

The work was done on the day, wrinkles of placement worked out and we were generating sweet clean power the following day with the old dumb meter spinning backwards. Sadly the network were quite efficient in coming out to replace the dumb meter so now we're getting the usual feed in rates but the solar system is performing brilliant.

The Enphase gear connected directly to the wifi and has a good open API you can pull data from. The Home Assistant integration worked straight away and started collecting production and consumption data into my home automation system. We've now got displays showing production and consumption in the kitchen so we know when to turn on the dishwasher and other heavy usage appliances. The Enphase web site and app are pretty good too.

My advice: get as many panels as you can fit including on surfaces with sub-optimal orientations, get microinverters so you're always getting the maximum possible, get the Enlighten gear cos it works really well, and finally get Trent to do you a quote from AG Solar. They were great.

A great company doing quality solar with excellent communication

From the start of the quotation process AG Solar were at the top of my list. I had a difficult instal due to my roof design and a number of companies would not even provide a quote saying it was an "impossible installation". I gave Trent a grilling about this and he explained how rooftop solar would only work at my premises with a high quality microinverter system but it should indeed satisfy my expectations of performance despite the difficult installation. It is early days but the system is exceeding Trent's predictions and I am very happy. Trent's communication has been prompt, honest and accurate all the way through the process.

The installation was pretty fragmented, but this was more about the weather than the contract installers, forcing the Christmas break to get in the way. The installers were punctual and good communicators. Grid connection was seamless but I had organised the smart meter instal prior to the solar instal to make things smoother. There was a high quality to their work. The system I had quoted could not be installed in the manner quoted once the installers were on site and reviewed the roof. Trent was on the case immediately and we managed to negotiate through a mutually satisfactory solution. This sort of problem arises no doubt from the online quotation system using satellite imagery with no site visit at the quotation phase. Unfortunately that appears to be the standard way that all companies provide quotes which obviously helps to streamline their costs but sometimes no doubt causes problems at the installation phase.
Overall a very positive experience from my end. Can't wait for batery prices to become realistic.

Quality advice and installation

AG Solar were professional and took the time to explain how Solar would work for my home.
The installation was very good. The tradie was diligent, the work was clean and tidy and he cleaned up any mess.
Overall, my the installation and experience was very good.
I know of at least three others who have used AG Solar and all had similar experiences.

Fantastic service!

We got our solar panels installed about 3 years ago. My husband dealt with getting quotes. AG Solar was recommended to us by a friend and I remember everything was installed really quickly with no issues.
My husband passed away recently so I installed the solar edge app to monitor the energy production. Trent from AG Solar explained everything to me. It’s very easy to monitor and save money that way.
Fantastic service I would recommend this company to anyone considering to get solar panels.

AG Solar - Highly recommend

AG Solar came highly recommended and did not disappoint. We had our solar panels installed a couple of months ago and our cost savings to date have been as per the estimate provided. If you are looking for a professional and knowledgeable team, they are your go-to company! Show additional information

AG Solar does it better

Choosing a solar system is made easy when you deal with AG Solar.

The process is seamless, speedy and thoroughly informative and the price was competitive with the team recommending high quality products. Installation date was within projected timeframe and executed with efficiency by a team of four skilled technicians. The necessary connections with the grid was handled by AG Solar without any delay and we were connected within one week.

We are producing 60-65 kwh/day with 31 panels using a 10.23 kw system and so far cut our electricity bill by 3/4.

I have recommended AG Solar to everyone I know!

Solar Upgrade

Following the failure of our 10 yr old solar system we contacted several companies to assess our alternatives. A G Solar provided some excellent feedback and several quotes for different sized systems. All systems were larger than the previous one and some were for larger systems than those commonly promoted because they know and understand the local regulations.

The old system was removed and a new 9.24 kW system was installed in one day scheduled with little impact on our household activities.

Performance since has been reasonable given the changeable weather however the first bill showed a net refund of $40.

The whole exercise was simple and timely. To date, we have been extremely happy with the system and AG Solar.

Honest and reliable solar company

The AG Solar team were fantastic to deal with. Trent was great and very patient with my questions as I had no clue what I was looking for except I wanted Solar panels. I can say with 100% confidence that they are very honest, competitively priced and want the best for you. Other solar companies were trying to sell me their most expensive product. When I asked Trent whether I needed that more expensive product, he said I would be wasting my money as the way my roof was positioned I didn't need that expensive set up and it would just produce the same outcome. So I saved thousands of dollars there.
The AG solar team were great on the day of installation and very professional. Trent was also just as attentive post installation with some more of my questions like the solar monitoring. They also helped me connect to the grid was seamless as well and I had no issues.
I highly recommend AG solar for your solar panel installation!!

Highly Professional

AG Solar are highly recommended. Both the quotation and installation process went smoothly. Through several rounds of discussion with Trent from AG, the solar proposal was refined and adjusted to meet our requirements. There was no sales pressure to make a quick decision. Tim and the team completed our 17.5kW system installation over several days, working methodically and safely under some difficult weather conditions. Since commissioning the system has worked very well. Show additional information

Good value

We found the sales process free from any hard sell, simply supplying us with facts and information that helped firm our choice. There was complete professionalism in the installation process, everything went smoothly. Connection to the grid was part of the process as is on-line information about the function of the system. They have also been readily available for any questions we have had since the installation. Show additional information