AG Solar Pty Ltd

AG Solar Pty Ltd Reviews

The difference with AG Solar is that we are a local based business so you liaise with owners of the business, not a sales representative.  We are two qualified electricians who have a passion for renewable energy so we decided to come together to form AG Solar. AG Solar will ensure the process is straight forward, which begins with directly speaking to the owners and dealing with one of our installation teams, not just any contractor that shows up. With over 15 years combined Solar experience we can design and install the perfect system for your individual requirements.

Our reputation has been built on word-of-mouth and client referral, which we believe is testament to the professional service we offer to our clients.

Reviewers report paying: $3,299 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

AG Solar Pty Ltd Reviews (348)

AG Solar A++++

Great people products and service
Very helpful explaining everything answering all questions right throughout the process.

Love the enphase app for monitoring system performance

Extremely efficient from start to finish

From the quoting, to installation and grid connection, everyone was professional, friendly and punctual.
We have been very happy throughout the whole process.
Would highly recommend this service to any prospective customers.

Could not recommend AG Solar enough!

AG Solar provided a very reasonably priced quote for a fantastic quality system. There was no elaborate sales pitch, no phone calls afterwards hounding me to go ahead with them like some other companies were doing. Trent answered all my questions honestly and explained everything to me so i was fully aware of what i was purchasing and this made me feel confident to proceed without any pressure. The installers were punctual and left the place even better than how they found it! They were all very polite and friendly. AG Solar had pre-arranged the meter change over and the whole process happened smoothly. The inverter and panel brands installed are reputable and very good value for money. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending AG Solar. Best solar company around.. don't go anywhere else!

Great to deal with; very professional and responsive - very impressed!

AG Solar were great to deal with at all stages of the project. They were very responsive with good communication. Sometimes the best measure of a company is their response/behaviour when things don't go quite right. When I raised a pretty significant problem with them they openly acknowledged it and went about addressing it efficiently and to my satisfaction. I would not hesitate to recommend the whole AG Solar team.

Fantastic installation

12.3 kw + Tesla powerwall 2

Great installation. Nothing was a problem would recommend to everyone.

A Quality Installation

AG were very responsive during the sales and quoting process, wih queries answered quickly and clearly.

The installation was performed at the time specified, the installer was excellent, with a very neat result.

The grid connection was organised well by AG solar and our meter was changed over in the timeframes given by the provider.

Great Equipment & Installation

AG Solar were very helpful with selecting the right system to suit my needs and budget.

They turned up at the exact time and date as booked in for, all the installation team were very helpful and left my property very clean and tidy at the completion of the works.
Dealing with Trent and Lilly, was very easy, and they always replied tp my questions.
Trent also helped me source a energy supplier, which would best suit my usage & solar production. They also organised the installation of my new Net meter.
I would highly recommend them for all solar installation needs and requirements.

These guys were amazing. If you are looking for solar, get in contact with them ASAP.

I picked AG Solar based on their reviews and articles that had been written about them, and everything you read about them is true. They deserve all the credit that their customers give them.

From the initial enquiry, they were so prompt in getting a detailed proposal across very quickly. They answered all my questions through the whole process including post installation. The installation guys were so professional and left the place as if they had not even been here. The whole journey was such a great experience, it was fantastic to work with these guys. Thank you so much for everything!

I am in love with this install

From the very start Daniel was helpful and sent me multiple quotes which I asked for as I figured out what I wanted. I ended up with a 11.84kw system consisting of 32x Sunpower Black 370w panels and a 10kw Solaredge inverter. I also wanted full monitoring and the guys at AG Solar were happy to oblige.

I was kept up to date on the installation date and on the day the system was installed I was amazed how efficiently the team went about the installation. I was asked about how/where I wanted things and my house was treated with respect which is extremely important to me.

The site was left neat and tidy and I have had followup calls to check I am happy or if there is anything else AG Solar can help me with.

These guys are the best and I highly recommend them as an installer if you want someone to trust. This is VERY important when selecting someone to install solar.

Fantastic all-round operators

After initially enquiring and getting quotes on the “quick fix” pre-packaged solutions from other operators, I was recommended to AG Solar from a family member.
I couldn’t have been more surprised with the level of communication and value for the quality solution we purchased. Then came the no mess, no fuss installation!
I’ve had no hesitation in highly recommending AG Solar to all my neighbours who have asked.

I doubt you could find a better installer.

We had AG Solar do our solar install last year and we could not be happier with the work.

I had spent a considerable amount of time researching the various options and technologies and reading everything I could (thanks Solar Quotes) to ensure I understood what I was getting myself into before making a decision, so I was looking for a solar panel installer that knew their stuff, could provide me with the best possible solution for our particular home, that they would do a meticulous job with the install, and would still be in business in the future if we needed support.

I'm glad to say that AG Solar excelled on all fronts. These guys are knowledgeable and very professional. They don't employ nasty and high-pressure sales tactics which I encountered with a few other companies (not listed on Solar Quotes), and they take the time to answer any question and make sure that you're comfortable with all aspect of the solar installation process.

Trent was honest and straight forward throughout the quotation and design process. He took the time to understand and design a system that would fit our needs, and he identified some potential shading issues that could be addressed using DC optimisers.

Nathan and his team did an amazing job with the install on the day, and they also helped with the removal of our Foxtel dish. We were producing solar power that very day! A high-quality job with clean conduit runs and the labelling of all the equipment. Nathan also followed up and resolved some issues we encountered with our consumption monitoring.

Amy was brilliant in scheduling and coordinating the work, and providing support following the install to ensure that things went smoothly with our grid application process.

They have met all of our expectation and went beyond. I highly recommend AG Solar.

Just keep in mind the lead times for the install as these guys are in high demand, and that the net-metering side of things (to receive the feed-in tariff) can take some time due to delays with your electricity retailer and/or distributor. While it's a bit of a journey, the solar sherpas at AG Solar make the expedition so much easier :)

Great company

I found AG Solar to be a great company to deal with from quotation to installation
They were comforting when explaining my options , as the solar word was all new to me.
I spoke with a few companies whilst deciding and each had a different approach to selling their product . AG Solar took the time to reassure and educate me on my different options and how they would benefit me in the future
5 star service

Happy as Larry

All parts of the process were handled well.

The quote was for the more expensive Sunpower panels which I chose. Trent was happy to re-quote on a cheaper panel so I could compare with the other 2 quotes. He provided easily understood answers to all my questions.

The installation team were punctual, neat, friendly and very efficient - 20 panels and the inverter all installed in 6 hours.

The office staff were helpful and sent me all the information I needed to run the system.

Too Easy!!!

I wanted a quality product at a reasonable price, and that's exactly what I received.
From my initial quote request, to final installation, and everything in between, AG Solar made it a very easy and hassle free process.
All aspects of the solar system installation, including generation monitoring and grid connection, where organised on my behalf.
It was a pleasure dealing with a company that values great customer service.

Smooth solar solution

Our customer experience with AG Solar was a very pleasant one. Everything was done as promised throughout the process. We also feel that our wishes were taken into account carefully. I only have positives to share - outstanding service.

Excellent from Start to post installation

From our initial enquiry through to post installation AG Solar have been very easy and professional to deal with. No question was too small or silly. Appreciate the honest quotes and information. Installation was excellent.

AG Solar - what a great team

I cannot speak more highly of the level of service and attention to detail that AG Solar provided to us during our Solar investigation, quoting and then installation. They were by far the most professional team to deal with. System works great and is delivering the expected savings.

Highly professional and pleasant crew

We had a very positive experience with AG Solar. On the day of installation, the team was punctual, polite and very efficient. They took care of our property (one of the roofs was particularly high) and also the safety of their own crew. My pre-school age son was very excited to see the installation team (he tries to act as job foreman for anyone who comes over) and they were so lovely and engaging with him. The other son said hello to them every time they walked past and they warmly said hello back even though it must have been a little tiresome. It is the little touches like this that sets the company above other trades we've had on site. We felt safe and confident having them in our home.

Great installation experience!

Sales and quoting conducted professionally and openly and honestly.

Installation was punctual and polite and informative.

Excellent customer service, always assisted with any questions.

Pros

Great all round , were totally willing to work with our unique roof space from design to installation. Knowledgeable and professional staff happy to recommend.

Professional team

The quotation process was simple and responses to my queries quickly actioned. The installation was smooth and the team of guys polite and informative. The wet weather confused things a bit, but we were informed all the way and they completed the install as soon as the rain stopped. (Massive rain / floods in March 2021)
After the install they followed us up to ensure the retailer fixed up the metering. Well done.

Great Process start to finish

Highly recommended. Easy process from start to finish and a great result. Happy with the product and service.

9.75 kW system

Discussion and quote process was informative. I would have liked an on-site visit to talk through the options although this is not something many offer. The crew who turned up were professional however and able to significantly adjust the position of panels etc without drama.
The quote was in the top end for the system size but the installation was excellent and so far problem free. I have a tile roof which has not leaked despite the recent very heavy rain/flooding. For quality and peace of mind I would recommend AG Solar.

Great experience!

It was a smooth end to end experience. Thank you to Trent and team.

Easy to work with, but poor communication and after installation support

Reputable company with great product offering and installation team.

Communication with their support team can be improved. Particularly, AG Solar offers the processing of docs and support to do net meter installation. It has been two weeks since the installation and we have not heard from our energy provider, only to find out that they have reached out to AG Solar but did not notify us until I followed up two weeks after.

Hi Arwin,

Thank you for your feedback. It is very unfortunate that Origin were unable to get hold of you to book your meter installation. We do let all off our customers know that they need to get in touch with the retailer to make sure the meter swap is booked. We have implemented a new reminder system that will ensure that the communication between the retailer and their customer is better moving forward.
We wish you all the best with your new solar system and please feel free to get in touch if you ever have any concerns or questions

Wonderful company to deal with

AG solar were so easy to deal with. From first contact to touching base after install communication was excellent.
All paperwork was organised for grid connection and meter swap, installers were tidy and respectful and I have been enjoying monitoring our usage via the app.
Happy to recommend!

Hassle free solar

Easy quote process sent address and photo of fuse boxes and quote arrived promptly. The installers were prompt and tidy and arrived on time and installed in one day despite inclement weather at times. Worked hard when rain stopped to ensure didn't have to come back. No issues at all and information was always available to any questions. They have organised our electricity provider to come and change our meter I only hope their service is as good as AG solar was. Scott Chatterton gymea bay

Professional - Highly Recommend AG Solar

Professional company with great service. We had a 9.9kw solar system installed by AG Solar a while ago and couldn’t be happier. I would highly recommend AG Solar.

Big Thank you

Couldn’t be happier with the service provided by AG Solar.

The installers were on time and super polite. All installed in one day.

Was able to contact Trent through out the process for any questions I had.

Can’t wait to see our first power bill in a few months time! :)

AG Solar accurately quoted, designed installed and commissioned a fantastic 30kW system on our home with their local team lead by Nathan and Kane

AG Solar were asked to quote like other providers on provision of a 30kW Sunpower Maxeon 3 400W panels with Enphase microinverters system. We were prepared to consider variations on design and panel choice if they were comparable. Both Daniel and Trent provided informed feedback on the options and checked technical performance questions with Sunpower and Enphase before finalising their quote.

Once we had accepted their quote they further followed up with Sunpower and supplied the new integrated Sunpower Maxeon 5 panels, factory fitted with the Enphase 7A microinverters.

The installation was professionally done by a team led by Nathan and Kane. Over two days 75 panels were installed and the system tested and commissioned, after installing the control board. The team on site were amazingly well coordinated, efficient and good humoured, They took great care to protect the roof, minimising penetrations and did a great job neatly installing cabling and connecting to the main switchboard. All the necessary paper work was provided for connection.

The panels are spread over four roofs at 30 degree pitch facing east and west. In 8 days, of often overcast weather, the system has already generated more than 1 MWhrs. We couldn't be happier. Love the Enphase realtime monitoring.

Sunpower + Enphase

AG Solar was super quick in quoting; I received Trent's quote by email in less than half a day following my online request.

The installers were punctual, polite and tidy and answered my many questions.

All the paperwork, including grid connection and meter swap, were organised for me. Communication was effective and efficient.

I was delighted that the system produced just shy of 39kWh on 6-3-21.

Professional and knowledgeable business

From our initial enquiry, through to the quote and then installation, AG Solar were professional, friendly and knowledgeable. It was important for us to choose a business that had great customer service, and we spent a lot of time researching this before deciding. Would recommend anyone interested in getting solar to reach out to AG Solar to discuss the best options for you.

The right solar system for my specifications

Daniel and the team did a great job on meeting my specialist requirements and the final installation.

I read on the SolarQuotes web blog (Apr 22, 2020 “Power Your Home With Solar In A Blackout – Without Batteries”) with great interest that one inverter could provide power from your panels even in a blackout

I hunted around (5 quotes) for this inverter or equivalent feature in other inverters. Initially, no luck!!!

However, Daniel at AG Solar recognised what I was l looking for and later called me back after researching that the latest Fronius inverter just happened to have this feature.

Thanks for the follow up and it’s good to do business the owner and a local.

Here is the system I settled on:

System
9.75kW
Sunpower 325W Panels
Fronious Symo GEN24 10.0 Plus 3 – Phase
Solar Analytics - (Independent monitoring system)

True to their word

Trent and his team from the office and the installers were easy to deal with. The process was efficient and courteous from quote through to installation. I could not be happier as they communicated and delivered as promised.

Very happy with the outcome

The quoting process was really straightforward. AG solar were easy to deal with, upfront and honest about what was possible and realistic given our roof's orientation and our overall energy requirements.

We weren't happy with the first installation of the system as it wasn't yielding as much energy as we'd hoped. AG agreed that the layout of the panels could be improved and so reoriented them higher up on the roof, and fitted some DC optimisers on a few of the panels that were in morning shade. This made a noticeable difference to the monthly energy output generated by the system overall. We were impressed that AG solar were prepared to stay committed to our custom and do their best to improve the system. They were professional and fair and worked with us in partnership to achieve the best result possible.

Great experience end to end.

I shopped around for the best reviewed and overall best solution for my house which had a less than ideal roof for solar. Trent helped maximise the solar system using brand new SunPower 415W panels to provide a 7.5KW system.

Installation team were great, friendly and informative. Helped resolve some bad electrician work that we inherited from the previous owners.

There are some minor monitoring issues that are being worked through which I'm confident will be resolved in the next few days.

Overall great experience.

Big Solar Company with reliable products

AG Solar has grown as a company and tries to take solar installations to the next level by having teams of installers, streamlined quoting and service procedures. It means you are dealing with a company and not just one person. As being a solar bulk buy organiser, it was important for me to get good panels, a local company for follow up if needed, as well as someone who could handle our 67 jobs. This company was our pick and delivered.
Quoting was simple, efficient and fast.
Supply was faster than expected
100% on time
installation is obviously weather dependant and we had some rain and shuffling of days which meant 3 different teams on 3 different days were on our site.

Professional staff and communication when needed especially as we were a business and needed very specific installation times.

Very responsive to emails.

Professional service - highly recommended

AG Solar were very responsive and informative, providing sound advice and options for an optimal system when faced with the challenges of a small roof and shading. They promptly responded to queries and quotation requests. They provided high quality products at competitive prices. Installation was seamless, went according to schedule and the installers were courteous and tidy. Customer service was also excellent including organising grid connection which included change of meter and post sales service for consumption monitoring. Highly recommended!

Quality products, service and installation. Highly recommend!

AG Solar were highly recommended to me when I first started looking into suppliers and I selected AG Solar because they had quality products and a great reputation for installation and customer service, and they are local to me. Things that impressed me throughout my purchase / installation:
• Got to speak to the same person in the company for follow up questions
• Quote was fast, easy and didn’t feel pressured
• Quote included quality products backed by long warranties
• AG Solar took care of the whole process and liaised with the energy company for a metre upgrade
• Installation was done by their local team on the date it was booked in for
• Great post install service (help with updating inverter to new internet wifi)

We knew that getting solar would pay off for us. We’re high energy users and was averaging $750 per quarter pre solar. Our last bill was $42!

Very professional

We have just had our 10 kw system installed and we couldn’t be happier,
Their quote was very comprehensive, and all my questions were answered
The installation team (Mark,Andrew, Jye and Ethan )were all very professional, polite and worked hard to get the job done within the time frame.
Also Lilly and Daniel were very organized and explained all the steps very well and made the process extremely easy.
I couldn’t recommend AG solar enough,
Our friends have already booked them and are having solar installed later this month.

Good quality solar, excellent service

We chose AG Solar as they came highly recommended and are a local Shote based company. Good value for money for a superior product. The guys did a great job and the follow up service has been excellent. Highly recommend

These know what their doing

Trent and his business came highly recommended both by friends that had already gone with AG Solar for their systems as well all the great recommendations on-line about the quality of their work. Trent recommended a solution for our unique house situation in order to maximize our system's efficiency which so far has been performing very well.

The process was seamless from start to finish, communication was always very responsive and helpful and the installers were great. Some rain on the day didnt even stop them from ensuring a high standard installation was completed in the same day.
I would highly recommend the AG Solar team and their service.

Our solar experience

We have found that AG SOLAR have been easy to talk with and organise our solar installation from the first phone call.

The team that came to install the panels were punctional polite and efficient they worked as a team and when they finished the installation they left the place clean we were very happy with the whole process.

Quality product and great installers.

I shopped around a lot and found that I could get the highest quality system for the lowest price with AG Solar.

Their installers were fast and professional and everything has worked perfectly ever since.

I couldn’t recommend more highly.

Providing savings as promised!

Very professional outfit from initial enquiry to post installation queries. Timeframes and status were communicated and updated regularly through the whole process. The 2nd story installation was completed in 1 and a half days. The installers were very professional and identified some cracked tiles on the roof which they replaced without any drama. Almost a year on and we are very happy with the savings we have achieved, payback period is on schedule as promised, being approx 3 years. Overall a job well done!

High quality and professional

After comparing a couple of solar suppliers we decided to go with AG solar as they were a local company with high quality products and great customer service and we weren’t disappointed. They were very professional and able to fit in with the timeline of our build. Nothing was a problem and we’ve not had any issues in the year or so since it’s been installed.

Seamless solar installation from quote to after sales service

Having read multiple reviews online, and doing my own independent research, I’ve found AG solar to be everything I expected, and more when it comes to a solar company. From quoting, through to a quality install, and fantastic after sales service, I can’t fault them... they even came out and fixed up my solar analytics when the meter was changed over by the retailers contractors. Have recommended to family and friends who have all shared the same experience.

Fantastic from start to finish!

We’re so impressed with AG Solar from start to finish.

They helped us answer all of our questions and understand how the process would work.

WE looked across the market at the providers and AG had the best pricing, detailed information and quality tradesmen.

Thank you for working with us to get our solar installed. WE are so happy!

Professional from start to finish

Very impressed with the response from AG Solar from start to finish. After initial contact a detailed scope of works proposal was sent with quote .
After accepting I was given a date which was firm and met by the team. Installers were courteous , neat with the installation and left the property clean and tidy. It rained heavily at times however they stayed till near 6pm to meet the install promise. From the office staff to install I was kept up to date and informed on product details and process.
I was recommended by a friend who had a similar experience.
Thank you.

Professional, polite, friendly – recommended!

AG Solar were recommended to me by a friend in the industry, and I’m pleased to pass on the recommendation.
From start to finish I found Trent and his team to be friendly, polite and professional. All my questions were answered in detail and we worked through a few options before coming up with the best one for me. The installation went smoothly, and everything is running perfectly. Happy customer!