Ahlec Pty Ltd Reviews

About Ahlec Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

Ahlec Pty Ltd
Platinum Partner
Ahlec Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 35 155 046 003  ABN active since 25 Jan 2012 | Ahlec Pty Ltd
ACN: 155 046 003  ACN active since 09 Jan 2012 | Ahlec Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
QLD: 74709 Ahlec Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $3,990 - $12,225 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Ahlec Solar is a family owned business based on the Sunshine coast that has been installing Solar PV across Queensland since 2010.

- We do not use sub-contractors, with all of our installations carried out by our own in house electricians.

- We are licensed electrical contractors which means that we can and do employ our own teams of installers to carry out the work.

- The whole process is carried out in house from a site visit to explain how Solar PV will work for you right through to completion of the Solar system installation as well as a post installation follow up service.

- As Solar installers we have carried out many thousands of Solar PV installations which is why we really understand Solar PV.

- We supply Solar PV systems which are grid connected and we also supply off grid solar systems with batteries for the more remote situations.

Ahlec Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Happy with the service given the decision delays.

We have been waiting a very Long time for Energix approval. It has taken about six weeks. Austin our consultant says this is unusual. I wonder if it has anything to do with the current lockdown and them not wanting any extra supplies? Show additional information

Did what they said would do when they said they would do it

Everything arranged by installer inclusive of meter upgrade. Too easy on my part. Show additional information

Very happy with final result. After sales service has been excellent

The quoting process was straightforward and easy to follow the various options. Installation was seamless; it was a very hot day but the staff of Ahlec (not sub-contractors, by the way) were terrific. Grid connection was all done before they left. I then had subsequent issues with the App not showing full data on feed-in etc. This was really well managed by Ahlec, who contacted Sungrow a number of times to have the issue sorted. This included two return visits to my property. Customer service A+ Show additional information

Efficient Patient Trustworthy Solar Installation Company

The sales person came for a site visit and discussed the problems I was facing with the shading of my existing solar panels. I had just put in a heat pump water heater to save on energy consumption and the sales person made an effort to come back a week later to take the meter reading and compared it with the reading he took the week before. He was then in a better position to advise me on what to do and confirmed his recommendation of using my existing 5 kWh solar system and combining it with a new 4.07kWh system was the right way to go to save more money in the long run. I had a few other questions after the quote which was answered well and I was satisfied and at eased to go ahead with AHLEC Solar.
The installers came at the time promised and was very efficient with their workmanship. They took pride in their work and left my place looking like it was before they came. We had a problem with one of the smart meters and after 2 hours on the phone with the technical guy trying to solve the problem, it was determine that 1 of the 2 smart meters were faulty. As it was Friday, 5:00pm, the installer had to leave and come back with a replacement smart meter on Monday. As promised, he called to make an appointment and came to rectify the problem a few hours later. He even helped me to install the app on my iPhone for monitoring the current and made sure that it worked before he left.
The customer service was fast and very responsive. The manuals, warranties and certificates were made available for download almost immediately and when I had some missing documents, it was found within the day and sent to me. All the grid connection and monitoring were all taken care of for me. I was told to contact the sales person once I get my next electricity bill so that he can share the saving of my decision to go with his recommendations.
I am very happy and now I can't stop looking at my screen to monitor the power my solar panels are producing, how much I self consuming and how much I am pushing back to the grid.
Thank you AHLEC Solar. Great job!

Great family company, nothing too much trouble, great service

Austin the salesman came out to our house to give us a quote. the other two companies we got quotes off did so over the phone. Austin was very friendly but professional and knew what he was talking about. He gave us various options and told us to think about it and he would be in touch. No pushy salesman here.Were were having a lot of computer problems at the time so Austin the salesman came to our house to do the quote. (The other two companies we got quotes off did so over the phone) He was very friendly, but professional. He gave us several options and said he`d email us the quotes.We were having a lot of computer problems at the time and couldn`t access the quotes so he hand delivered them to us.Nothing was too much trouble. He gave us time to consider the quotes- no pushy salesman here.

Once we made our decision, the installation process was soon organized.
Sam and his two helpers were very punctual. They were a good team, worked well together, were very friendly and polite. The place was immaculate when they left.The solar panels looked terrific and so did the inverter. We were very pleased with their job.
They organized the grid connection after the installation and gave us a number to give to our electrical supplier to speed up the connection process. .
We have no hesitation in recommending Ahlec Pty Ltd for anyone wishing to install solar.
A job well done guys. Many thanks.

Geoff and Shona

Excellent

From the initial contact with Ahlec Pty Ltd - Austin regarding the assessment and the quotation to the Installation with Sam and his Team you just knew these guys are very good at what they do - Solar
They certainly proved it - Excellent

Very happy with our solar installation and the whole process of getting it

Ahlec are a very professional, capable team and the sales person and installer were very communicative and accessable Show additional information

Professional service with great pleasant team

We have been very impressed with your team who installed the solar panels. They were very professional, courteous and we would be very happy to recommend your business to our friends and family. Show additional information

Great professional service

Down to earth, and realistic scoping and quoting of my system, no 'salesman' talk. Prompt, professional pdf quote delivered to my email.

Installation crews were great and very professional.

Great aftersales comms and offer for future support

Solar Installation - Little Mountain

The Ahlec representative spent plenty of time with me at our first meeting explaining solar and all that goes with it. Quotation was received promptly. Accord Electrical were not too bad in also spending time explaining the ins and outs of it all. Regrettably Expert Electrical did not contact me for an appointment even though I did receive an email from them indicating they would be in touch.

No major issues with installation. It was a pleasure having the Ahlec employees working at our home.

Ahlec have been very supportive throughout the entire process.

Quality install with great communication.

The sales person was very well informed and provided very good advice. They were not pushy at all. The install team were well organised and the supervisor provided very good communication throughout the day. Also they provided us with all the information we needed about the whole system. A quality instal at a great price. Show additional information

Great value quality system installed promptly

Ahlec provided a superior sales experience with clear concise answers to questions and guidance throughout the sales process. The installation team were well trained, knowledgeable and very well mannered. There appeared to be a breakdown in their internal communication regarding protecting the very thin roof on our shed that left the sheeting with some damage but in all other regards I could not fault the people or process and would recommend them as one company to consider when buying solar. Show additional information

Fully detailed quote, quality components and a neat professional installation.

Solarquotes really prepared me prior to obtaining quotes. Installer chosen fully covered all my questions as well as suggesting a few modifications such as series parallel to combat late afternoon sun.

‘Ahlec’ arrived on time as promised. The installers, led by Sam were fast, neat and knowledgable and fully cleaned up after they had finished.
‘Ahlec’ organised all grid connections, together with the application to provide a smart meter as well as providing some tips as to how to speed up the process.

Great installers

Ahlec have good staff covering each stage of the process so you can be confident the end product meets your expectations.
They took extra care with the instal so the end product not only does the job but looks good too.

Great advice, great installation

I have recently had an off-grid solar system installed by Ahlec Solar. I had been discussion system options with Ahlec for many years and was grateful for their honest and professional advice. Having eventually deciding to take the plunge, I couldn't be happier with the final product. Andy and the team from Ahlec provided me with a personalised system design, answered all of my questions with patience and completed the install in a timely manner. Its only been a few weeks, but their after service care seems to be in the same vein. I cannot recommend Ahlec Solar any more highly. Show additional information
Very good quoting ! NOT pushy! Young installers were punctual , curtious Proffesional .. After sales follow up still to happen , when we get our first Energy bill. Show additional information

Best money I've ever spent!

Best money I've ever spent, I did alot of research and Ahlec came across far more knowledgeable, friendly and professional than any of the rest. The main reason I chose Ahlec is because I wanted the maximum amout of solar power on my shed without having any on my home because of bad angles and tree shadowing. Austin was amazing and customized a package for me to get the most power from the shed roof space with quality equipment and at an great price. Just got my latest bill and running at credit now.

The installers were also amazing and turned up when they said they would and got the job done with no fuss and took the time to talk me through everything.

I will now be saving for battery power storage soon from Ahlec.

Ahlec have my vote!

Smooth from the beginning, AHLEC was a recommendation from a friend & we are so glad we went with them. We had 3 visits & quotes prior which we're very pushy & definitely an overservice . AHLEC on the other hand we're amazing at explaining everything in detail, their system was exactly what we we're after and the pricing was very, very reasonable. The guys who performed the installation we're punctual, polite & easy to talk to, nothing was a worry for them & hard workers too! Would highly recommend the team at AHLEC solar. We had actually come to the conclusion that we couldn't afford solar until we got an estimate for instal through these guys so thankyou for making it possible! Show additional information

Great service.

sales/quoting process was good. i did miss one of the contacts as it was via email and went to my junk folder. found it a couple of days later.

Installation was great. they went above and beyond.

The customer service was great.

Fantastic service

Ahlec Solar well deserve their place as a Solar Quotes recommended installer. Service was personable, prompt and efficient throughout. After Ahlec carried out a SunEye shade survey, we were furnished with quotes using an online tool that presented the estimated monthly performance and electricity savings of 4 suggested systems. The online tool allowed easy comparison of the costs and benefits of each solar system. Ahlec also facilitated communications with our electricity supplier. Show additional information

Great company to deal with, would recommend.

From first contact with Austin I was impressed with this company.
Price was good, there was no pressure to sign up, just useful information. Everything was done when promised and the installation team did a fantastic job and were willing to consult and listen.
Very happy.
Shane, Cooloola Cove

Great Company.

Everything completed quickly quietly and efficiently. All work neat and tidy. Arived punctually. Show additional information

Happy customer

We were unsure which company to choose for our solar installation until we met with Austin from Ahlec Solar. His help and extensive knowledge assisted us in choosing the most suitable system for our needs. The installation was efficient, and we were happy to have the Ahlec team working at our home which was left clean and tidy. Ahlec organised the meter change, and the follow through advice from Austin in selecting the most cost-effective retailer to make the most of our new system has been appreciated. All up we would not hesitate to recommend Ahlec Solar for a professional and hassle-free solar installation. Show additional information

Highly Recommended Supplier & Installer

Quoting process provided all the information needed. Size of system, options of components, good price, friendly advice.
The installation went smoothly, finished just after midday, site left clean & tidy.
All the information on the system was provided and the grid connection application and meter swap was arranged by the installer.

Professionalism at its Best

Fantastic salesperson. Received quote & stayed within the parameters of original quote. Kept in Touch after I made my decision. Installers on time & kept me informed of process. Very professional from start to finish. Show additional information

Top Firm

Seamless process from quotation to installation. Professional and courteous. Thoroughly recommended. Show additional information

Great Installation

Sales quote was honest & transparent. Very professional install - on time, clean & tidy, simple explanation on what was being done. Overall customer service has been fantastic to date. Any issues/questions have been addressed quickly. Show additional information

A hidden gem in the solar world

You want to install solar, but where do you start? Facebook adds, TV adds, google, recommendations from friends and family. KWs, FITs, inverters etc. are just a few new words that you need to add to your vocabulary. This is all too complex so you will start to focus on advertised cost: $2999 for a 5KW system, $3999 for a 6 KW system and you make your decision purely based on the price. I did that mistake and it wasn't a pleasant one but fortunately I managed to get my money back.

This is where I need to give credits to solarquotes.com.au as well, because I learned all the essential knowledge of the website and in the end made the right decision.

Ahlec was one of three solar companies who were in my top three list. All three companies offered similar products (make and model of solar panels and inverters) and were very similar in price. The decider however was the excellent level of ongoing customer service I got from Ahlec (in particular Austin) who answered all my questions, queries and addressed my concerns. Austin was patient and always replied to my emails promptly over a period of about 4 months until I made my final decision.

No deposit and payment after installation?!? Sounded a little out of the ordinary given that other solar companies charge either a 10% deposit or $1000. However, there was no catch at all. A signature on the formal quote is all that is required to lock in the deal.

When I was ready for installation I gave Ahlec a call and I started speaking to Andy, who always made me feel like a valued customer. Arranging an installation time was easy and Andy was able to accommodate my desired time schedule. To be fair on Ahlec please give them about 4 weeks notice so that they can arrange the installation because you are not the only one who is receiving the solar panels. A few days out from installation Andy called me and inquired about a few numbers on my meter box, which he talked me through step by step. He will organise the application with Energex and everything runs smoothly in the background, while you wait for your solar panels.

On the day of installation two very well presented tradesmen (Sam and Elliot) arrived at my door step punctual and on time. They introduced themselves and got on with their job. To be fair on them make sure that you have working wifi connection so that Sam can install the inverter (if it has wifi capability) correctly. Both Sam and Elliot worked in a very professional, organised, structured and tidy manner. Their conduct precisely represented the level of customer service you get from the office staff at Ahlec and you can be sure to be in good hands during the installation. Upon completion of the installation Sam ran me through the app and/or website that you can use to monitor your Fronius inverter; the electricity consumption and production, the amount you feed back to the grid. Ahlec will do it for you, but if you want to be pro-active jump on the solarweb.com website and set up your account (if you have a Fronius inverter). In addition Sam ran me through the turn-off procedure of the solar system in the even of an emergency and advised me on some maintenance tips of the solar panels (hosing them down with water every so often, if it doesn't rain).

A few days later Amy send me an email and very kindly explained the paperwork to me and guided me through the admin process post-installation. Very easy and all the paperwork that you might be interested in will be sent to you via dropbox. Like Austin, Andy, Sam and Elliot, Amy was friendly, polite and professional in replying to my emails.

I couldn't be happier with my solar panels/system and I couldn't be happier for having chosen Ahlec as my solar installer. Even now that the installation is complete I am under their guard as they watch and monitor my system, come to check on it and are available for any queries that you might have during your solar experience. An absolute 'gem' in the solar world and Ahlec by far outruns other big solar companies who are just after your money and profit. Ahlec is a little but very efficient family run business and you should not underestimate their proven experience and expertise in their field of work.

I have told all my friends and family about Ahlec and will strongly recommend them. If I was to do it again I would chose Ahlec in a heart beat.

Looking for an amazing, efficient, trustworthy, professional, high quality and customer oriented solar experience?

Chose Ahlec.

A business that prides itself on customer service

A family based business that prides itself on customer service and communication. Right from the initial contact all the way through to after sale/installation service it was so reassuring that I knew I was getting exactly what I was paying for.
Quality, support and peace of mind .
So hard to find in today’s world.. Well done and exceeded my expectations

Professional from start to finish

I felt very comfortable from the first meeting with Austin, he was very knowledgeable and above all else listened. When they arrived to install the system they explained exactly what was to take place. They were courteous, very professional and cleaned up after themselves. I would recommend these guys to anyone considering Solar they are a family business and look after their customers. Show additional information

Would highly recommend

No pressure sales staff, knew their subject, gave unbiased advice and actually visited the property. Said they would commence on a certain date and time, arrived right on time and were finished and had cleared up the same day. Full explanation given on how to operate the system and they made a follow up call several days later to ensure no issues. I would highly recommend Ahlec.

I wish I had something positive to say about the retail provider though. Over a month since the EWR request was submitted. Was told they worked to a 5 day turnover on requests.

You can trust these guys

Brilliant to deal with, thorough and professional installation. Helped set everything up once installed so we were good to go. You can trust these guys. Show additional information

The level and quality of customer support from quotation to the workmanship of the actual install was extraordinary.

the underlying knowledge of the products and the level of customer engagement from the outset was outstanding.
several alternatives were presented with no rush or hard sell, the clear aim was to get it right. the workmanship of the install was also quite outstanding with an eye to detail and overall aesthetics of the install was clear. the install team were extremely helpful, courteous and a pleasure to have on our property.
recommend without hesitation

Pleasure to deal with

From explaining the details in the quote, to the timely and professional team installing the system, can't be happier with the service provider by the whole team from Ahlec Show additional information

I couldn't fault these guys

From start to finish these guys did a very professional job. I would thoroughly recommend them. Show additional information

Excellent Experience in Every Respect - from Product to Installation to Follow-up

Ahlec representatives and technicians provided a first rate service from the very first time we met, through to the end, and including answering with courtesy a few post-installation questions. I highly recommend their service.

Unlike other representatives that came with quotes, Austin never gave the impression he was trying to sell me anything. He presented the facts that related to our situation (how much generation we would get, when, etc.) and distinguished himself by proposing a lay out that was different to what the other companies were suggesting. This made me think. I realised Austin's proposed lay out made a lot of sense, given the position of our house next to some trees. It also made me realise that the other companies were being very superficial. They were suggesting we place panels on a part of the roof with shade issues! When I asked some technical questions on the panels to all 3 solar companies we contacted, Austin's replies stood out as more articulate and elaborate. On the other hand, other representatives replied to my technical questions by just copying and pasting details out of a data sheet, which was hardly helpful since I could read data sheets myself. Their answers felt distant and impersonal.

On installation day, the technicians showed up on time, and finished on time. They are not contractors, and they have been with Ahlec on a long term basis. The idea of giving work to a local, family owned business that provides stable employment to local electricians, made us feel good with our choice. The technicians were very friendly, they did not hesitate to answer at length any questions I had (and I had quite a few and at some point I was expecting them to loose their patience at all my geeking out on the techicalities!). I could also see that they were being very careful to not leave any debris or litter around. Since we have a toddler that kept going around trying to touch everything, I was really impressed with their care.

Overall, it was a great experience and I would recommend Ahlec to all my family and friends.
Marco

A Company I Can Trust

My decision to go with Ahlec was based on their proven track record of installing solar systems via large numbers of positive client feedback, maintaining high standards via their strong links to CEC and Solar Quotes, the professional and accurate advice given on what system would be best for me and finally, who would provide the best level of customer service to maintain my system. Now that the system has been installed, I am glad I chose Ahlec. The entire Ahlec team were fantastic and did everything from pre-installation to completion. I look forward to many years of quality customer service. Show additional information

Great team at Ahlec

Austin and the team at Ahlec were extremely good to deal with, we had a query and Austin made time to come back to our house to discuss and confirm. The system has been installed and just waiting electricity to change the meter and connect the solar. Would highly recommend Austin and his team

They did all the paperwork to Energex for the meter to be changed and connection of the solar. All paperwork, warranties etc were issued promptly.

Fantastic to deal with

Very helpful, informative installers who seemed to really know what they were doing.

Because I already had an off-grid system, upgrading it was complex and Ahlec solar did a thorough job of researching the components I had, which ones needed to be replaced, and how best to do the replacement & reconfigure to meet my needs. Show additional information

Excellent company to deal with

We dealt with Austin initially and he was excellent to work with. We appreciated his honesty and knowledge. The installers were tremendous - polite, efficient and hard working. The company has been terrific to work with and helped us with the grid connection after the install. We would highly recommend Ahlec for anyone wishing to install solar. Show additional information

Very Happy

very friendly, helpful advice. I strongly recommend this family business to any one looking for solar installation
the crew are a great team of blokes and quite frankly their attitude is nothing is too much trouble!

Off grid solar install

I highly recommend Ahlec, from the quoting to the installation process I found all concerned to be easy to get along with, and the installers focused on neatness.
Being new to off grid solar my 40 thousand questions could of been exasperating, all concerned politely and patiently explained the procedure involved.

An enjoyable and stressless solar experience

Let’s face it - understanding the world of solar is not easy!

But our experience in dealing with Ahlec on the Sunshine Coast has been a very positive one. From the very first sales experience to acceptance of our order, to installation and after sales service, we have been delighted with the team from Ahlec.

We have no hesitation in recommending this business for anyone considering solar installation on the Sunshine Coast.

Easy to Deal with

Austin gave us a no nonsense view of Solar that assisted in us making a decision
The installation team were on time, polite and respectful of our property and ensured we new how to operate the system prior to leaving

Friendly, fast and efficient

It was always a pleasure to deal with Ahlec. They were always prompt and made the whole process from quote to completion of installation easy and drama free by organising everything. Their installers were friendly, considerate, helpful and extremely efficient. We were totally impressed with Arhlec. A great little local company :-) Show additional information

Solar power installation.

Very happy with the process from start to finish. Austin was great to deal with both before & after installation. The installation team headed by Alex was on time & professional in their work and answered any questions that we had regarding the installation & operation of the system. Show additional information

Excellent Service

Sales and quoting was done well. Informative and helpful without being pushy.
Installation was done on time and all the team were polite and courteous and happy to take my questions. Installation work was neat and tidy and looks professional. I would not hesitate to recommend Ahlec for a solar installation.

Great company, super happy!

Sales and quoting process was super easy and seamless. Was not pressured into it like a lot of other retailers do. Great customer service and electricians were super neat and very polite and helpful. So happy I made the decision to go with AHLEC Pty Ltd, would definitely recommend. Show additional information

Solar installation

I found the sales person extremely good due to the fact that i had 3 phase coming into my house and gave me various quotes.The trades people turned up on time and were very polite. Show additional information

The good reviews are warranted!

Very impressed.

Being a cynical old man I'm always suspicious of companies that have only good reviews- I thought somebody must have had a bad experience with them!

However from start to finish Ahlec have been complete professionals. After getting 3 other quotes I settled on Ahlec after chatting with Austin. Everything from then on was smooth sailing. Organising change of meter with AGL, dealing with Energex, Installation team arrived bang on 7am as planned. Solar is working well and doing exactly what they said it would do.

I spent months researching which company to use, so very glad I picked Ahlec. Thankyou to the whole team.