Ahlec Pty Ltd

Ahlec Pty Ltd Reviews

Ahlec Solar is a family owned business based on the Sunshine coast that has been installing Solar PV across Queensland since 2010.

- We do not use sub-contractors, with all of our installations carried out by our own in house electricians.

- We are licensed electrical contractors which means that we can and do employ our own teams of installers to carry out the work.

- The whole process is carried out in house from a site visit to explain how Solar PV will work for you right through to completion of the Solar system installation as well as a post installation follow up service.

- As Solar installers we have carried out many thousands of Solar PV installations which is why we really understand Solar PV.

- We supply Solar PV systems which are grid connected and we also supply off grid solar systems with batteries for the more remote situations.

Reviewers report paying: $4,299 - $6,453 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Ahlec Pty Ltd Reviews (206)

If only all craftsmen were the same...

What is there to say that you have not already read? From pre- to actual- to post installation of our 10.3 kW system, nothing but professionalism. Austin never tired of my many questions and requests, the installation team around Sam was happy and excellent, and Andy was very helpful afterwards.

To quote a competitor: if you're not going with us, Ahlec is the only company on the Sunshine Coast to do a great job. And so it was.

Original Review on 26-04-2021:

Ahlec solar install.

Ahlec were very professional, courteous, and prompt in all aspects of this job. I would not hesitate to recommend them. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Ian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Easy Company to Deal With

We had contacted another solar to complete the work. We were told the job would be easy no trouble, after 3 attempts to install the work, we got told sorry it’s just to hard (this was 7 weeks in total) & no solar.
I saw the guys from Ahlec at a clients house and from the initial contact with Sam, then Austin to Final install, it was such a pleasure. Nothing was to hard, was told the opposite, and the team of installers showed that.
We are really happy with the end result, could not be happier with our dealings with Ahlec Solar and would recommend them to all our family and friends. Great family run business.

Fast install and great customer service

Friendly and honest sales and quoting.
Very polite and tidy install that was completed under time on the day
Great customer service

Very happy with Ahlec !!

Quoting process was very professional and through. I was upgrading to a 3 phase connection as part of the process and Ahlec identified what work would be required and even organised for my provider to perform the work. The installation was hampered by rainy weather but the guys were great and able to get it all done over 2 days in between the rain. We were kept informed along the way and everything was left tidy at the end of each day.

I have already recommended them to my brother who is about to embark on a solar installation for the first time.

Trouble free installation of solar system

I was very happy with my experience with Ahlec. They turned up when they said they would and did what they said they would do. And they cleaned up after themselves. A very happy customer.

- excellent customer service
- great sales advice and support
- professional company
- great installers
Can’t fault the organisation and would certainly recommend them.

Original Review on 24-03-2021:

Quality Products & Installation From a Family Owned Professional Team That You Can Certainly Trust!

We originally received 3 quotes from 3 excellent sales people whose prices and options were quite similar to each other. Once you decide to look at all possible options, the prices can vary considerably. Due to a few slightly shaded areas in the morning and afternoons, we elected to have 17 panels along the top edge of our main roof and 7 tilted panels along the rear patio roof.

Our installers were amazing but is understandable as 2 of the team were family members who were able to ensure everything went smoothly, no mess was left behind and everything explained in simple English. You really couldn't ask for anyone better. Well done guys, you deserved the brown lemonades!

Our salesman, Austin was amazing and explained a few issues that cropped up about our potential installation and which made the decision to choose optimised panels a little easier, despite the additional cost. His ongoing assistance and willingness to continue answering questions is also really appreciated.

We're also glad we chose a larger system as on cloudy days, (which have been far too frequent so far in March 2021), a smaller system simply wouldn't cope with our daily needs. Our best day was 55.97 kWh on 25/2/21 while our worst was 8.09 kWh on 17/3/21. Our average for March has been around 30 kWh which is a little disappointing but we are experiencing the La Nina effect so that may improve over time.

Overall, we are thrilled with our choice and hope that our current F.I.T. remains in place for a long time to come. That should enable us to amortize the cost over a 4 year period.

Nice work guys!

7 months later we asked Greg: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Since late February 2021 when our installation was completed, we have consistently been impressed with the overall output that the system can produce, other than on very overcast days when it drops back considerably. Naturally, this is to be expected but when the sun is shining well, these panels pump out plenty of power.

Our power production for April and May exceed that for March, (which seems a little odd but is reflective of the excess amount of cloudy days), while August and September exceeded all months so far. October looks like it will be even better. With more than a few hundred pesos in credit with our power supplier, we are optimistic we should have zero bills in summer when the air conditioners, (3), are switched on.

We did have a small issue with the Solar Edge inverter not synchronizing with our system but a quick call to Ahlec had them onto the issue immediately with a full resolution by the next day. We have been extremely impressed with all the team at Ahlec and would highly recommend anyone needing a solar system, to give them a call. Their team members are very honest, professional, polite and give you accurate answers to any issues or queries you may have.

Well done guys, love your work!

************************************

As an afterthought, we had a smart meter installed about 12 months before we opted to have solar installed and discovered later that it could not accommodate the suppliers app which would have allowed us to determine exactly where we are consuming our power and where savings could be made. Pity!

Prompt Service

Once we agreed to price our panels were installed within days. Very helpful

Great guidance, Good value and faultless customer service and workmanship

We were very pleased with the consultation, guidance, Sales and quoting process. Ahlec Solar actually provided a consultant to inspect the site and understand our requirements. Several proposals were provided, which considered the constraints imposed by the available roof spaces and orientations. A final proposal and quote was presented after the installation team carried out measurements to confirm location and number of panels for each roof orientation/string, taking into account safety requirements, aesthetics and optimum performance for winter and summer.

The installation team made contact within two weeks to commence work, which was completed within 2 days. All members of the team were courteous, punctual, professional and tidy. The connection to the grid and customer handover was completed midday on the second day.
Ahlec solar managed work request to, and the interface with the grid operator, and advised the customer to contact the Electricity retailer to notify them that the connection was completed and the system made operational.

The excellent customer service continued after the installation, with prompt responses to queries, and a site visit to explain and reconfigure the Hot water system timer/switch. To top it all, Ahlec Solar have also offered to review the performance and monitoring of the system when the next Electricity bill has been issued.
A job well done and a very happy customer all-round.

Very helpful at every stage, great support after installation

The quoting process was easy and advice was good. We are on rural residential acreage and other installers told us e.g. that we could not go above 2 or 3 kW system due to line length etc. Ahlec went to the trouble of testing lines to ensure that the 9 kW panels - 8 kW inverter system - 5 kW max feed in would work. Testing indicated we were good to go. Also looked into shade issues and recommended optimal approach to deal with shade and seasons (optimisers on each panel). The most detailed and helpful of the three quotes organised by Solar Quotes.

After installation, the inverter was constantly resetting due to over voltage on the line. Ahlec repeated the line tests and wrote a report to Energex. This prompted Energex to install testing equipment which confirmed our grid voltage was high. Energex dropped the line voltage back at the transformer, and the system has worked beautifully ever since. It took 3 or so months to work through the issues, and Ahlec backed up their installation the whole way. Very pleased with the quality of work, installers were great, excellent support.

Twelve months down the track Ahlec still quick to provide support e.g. responding to query about current retailer plans as our 1-year contract is about to expire. Highly recommended!

Pleasing Solar Installation

I am very pleased with my Solar Installation experience with the Ahlec Team. They were easy to deal with throughout the whole process from quoting to Installation. The quality of their work is excellent and so far my solar system has been meeting my expectations. I would confidently recommend Ahlec to anyone wanting a quality product at a competitive price.

Very professional team

Quotes were done after a site visit and time made for install to suit us so all went well

All Round Excellence

Andy and the team from Ahlec Pty Ltd were absolutely fantastic.
They were responsive and professional throughout the entire process - including the myriad of delays that I put them through due to other interdependent works.
Installation on the day was professional, efficient, courteous and friendly - with the team all having a cheerful smile and hello.
They were all obviously very proud of their work and their standard.
Despite being busy - they took the time to explain the process and the equipment and the next steps.
We have undertaken multiple projects recently and encountered multiple groups of contractors -this business and team were among the best. My wife even commented that they were the only group to clean their mess up afterwards - including vacuuming the carpet to remove plaster dust.
Highly recommended.

Original Review on 22-12-2020:

Very happy with final result. After sales service has been excellent

The quoting process was straightforward and easy to follow the various options. Installation was seamless; it was a very hot day but the staff of Ahlec (not sub-contractors, by the way) were terrific. Grid connection was all done before they left. I then had subsequent issues with the App not showing full data on feed-in etc. This was really well managed by Ahlec, who contacted Sungrow a number of times to have the issue sorted. This included two return visits to my property. Customer service A+ Original ratings

8 months later we asked Julian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I'm very pleased with the system, after 12 months. Bills have been probably lower than expected too.

Great friendly service.

The sales rep was friendly and shared his knowledge with me as I was feeling quite overwhelmed with choices and information. He took the time to explain his situation, that he lives locally and the system he had on his home. This was the biggest decider for me-if it’s good enough for the salesman it will be good enough for me-they are not likely to choose a dodgy product!
Install was neatly done and again well explained.
Customer service has been great so far!

Great customer experience

From the outset we had a great experience. We are a little out of their main patch but they were happy to come by our home and review our property to ensure they would have sufficient access to get up on the 2 storey side of the home. We never felt pressured and felt that we were able to have an honest conversation about our options and pros and cons of different systems. We were at ease straight away.

On the day they arrived, were tidy and polite and got to work immediately. They were friendly and I was genuinely surprised how quickly they were able to complete the work, they seemed very organized. They ran through the setup of the inverter and how to operate and shut down the inverter. Again the work they did looks great with the installation of the inverter.

After the fact the office was friendly and gave me a timeline to get setup on solar.web for Fronius production data. They were quick to send me all the relevant documents for the system the next day.

I had to follow up with Ahlec to troubleshoot an issue a few months down the track, and they got back to me fairly quickly, and followed up quickly. They attended the premises within 2 business days and immediately resolved my issue. I was really happy with their followup and the time frame.

Really good customer service experience. I have recommended Ahlec to my boss and family and really cannot fault them. So far we are really happy with our decision to go with them.

Professional craftsmanship

The sales rep was courteous, friendly and very professional. He know what he was talking about and had done his research. The installation went as one would expect of a custom servicing company: excellent. As there was already an older system on the roof, installation proceeded smoothly.

The best

Sales quoting excellent, actually listen to what you want.
Installation team where fantastic, adjusted installation from original plan to give the best performance, good consultation, very neat and tidy install, take pride in their workmanship.
Great products, great advice and great service, nothing is a problem, highly recommend.

Quality Company

Totally awesome experience with Ahlec. A friend recommended them as they had a great experience too.
Quoting was professional, informative and excellent value.

The installation was very efficiently carried out, the guys on the ground (and the roof) were extremely friendly, positive and knowledgeable.

Will be recommending Ahlec to all my friends and family.

Great, professional & efficient solar installer

After getting about 6 quotes, I found that AHLEC was the most competitive, great panel and inverter for the price! The process from the initial contact with quote, system option to the installation was seamless. The team showed up on time for the installation, explained everything, and walk me through the pre-installation process, the team also left the places neat & tidy after the installation. Overall, I highly recommend AHLEC! Thanks for the great product & service!

Excellent Job - exactly what I needed and wanted

The sales and quoting service was clear and explained my various questions about what would be the best system for my requirements and to suit my property and location.

The installation took place as promised, the team were punctual and very tidy workers, the team leader ensured that I was aware of exactly what was happening.

AHLEC did everything including all grid connection procedures with ENERGEX and ensured that I was informed of each stage.

Great Local Company

Austin/Andrew and his team provided us with a first class installation, punctual, professional team.

Will be coming back after first electric bill to review our system, thats a plus!

Everything was explained at quote time by Austin, and popped up to us within 48hrs of enquiry

There were a couple of changes we wanted and some questions regarding the installation and this was all done seamlessly.

Great to support a local Company

Original Review on 19-10-2020:

Great service.

sales/quoting process was good. i did miss one of the contacts as it was via email and went to my junk folder. found it a couple of days later.

Installation was great. they went above and beyond.

The customer service was great.

8 months later we asked Stephen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes the system is performing to my expectations. we have not had an electricity bill for 12 months. The provider the installer put us onto has been great.

Excellent service & great installation. Installation staff were very pleasant & friendly. Very happy with the job. Thank you all.

Very happy with the job. Staff were pleasant and easy to deal with. Tidy & punctual.
Answered all my questions.

Great all round team

-so helpful and informative, spent the time and made sure I understood the whole process thankyou

-the installation team were fantastic attention to detail brilliant, cheerful, helpful beyond anything expected and also cleaned up to perfection. Truly professional.

The customer service also really good everything organised and now just waiting for connection to the grid.

Overall I couldn’t be happier with this company they were lovely to deal with from beginning to finish highly recommend this company

Professional & Knowledgeable

Ahlec were the only suppliers who were able to provide us steer us in the right direction for the supply & installation of an upgraded 3 phase solar power system with battery backup that enables us to continue with essential services during an Energex outage as well as providing us with significant energy cost savings. Their in-house team of installers & electricians (no reliance on the knowledge of subcontractors) were professional, knowledgeable, experienced & committed to identify & install the appropriate system.

Great service with an excellent product

I spoke direct with Andy who immediately organised a site inspection at my property. He then recommended and installed an Eco P Series Lithium Battery, which has not failed me once since installation. My previous batteries were nothing but trouble and failed on every occasion we stayed at our farm. I can't recommend this business and their products highly enough.

Excellent job very professional

Absolute brilliant. On time everything was organised. Great to get on with. Left the site totally clean. Quoting was as good process these guys use the best products at a great price. 5 star.

Excellent experience from start to finish.

Cannot fault their service. I would highly recommend them. I found them very informative and accurate with their information.

We Made a Good Choice

We obtained three quotes & chose Ahlec Pty Ltd on a combination of price, professionalism & comprehensive information about all aspects of the system of installing solar giving us a comfort zone.

The installation was completed by a team of polite, highly competent people carrying out the work in a timely manner as promised.

We were promised good customer service & that was precisely what we got. All pre purchase questions were fully answered in clear layman's language. Ahlec handled everything related to the connection to the grid, assisted us installing the apps on our 'phones & using them. There was a follow up visit to see that everything was operating correctly & that we understood everything.

Further, once we received our first electricity bill a representative from Ahlec again visited to check the bill & answer any questions we may have had. The system was also checked again to ensure it was operating properly.

The quoting process was very informative and the whole system was explained in words we could understand.

The day of installation went well. Trades were punctual and efficient
We were very happy with the service

Original Review on 04-09-2020:

Would highly recommend

No pressure sales staff, knew their subject, gave unbiased advice and actually visited the property. Said they would commence on a certain date and time, arrived right on time and were finished and had cleared up the same day. Full explanation given on how to operate the system and they made a follow up call several days later to ensure no issues. I would highly recommend Ahlec.

I wish I had something positive to say about the retail provider though. Over a month since the EWR request was submitted. Was told they worked to a 5 day turnover on requests.

Absolutely. I have been recommending Ahlec and the system installed to everyone who asks my opinion.

Honest & True Blue

The team at Ahlec were clear and concise with their quote, so we new exactly what to expect on the 'final' bill after installation.

The guys that arrived to do the installation promised us they'd be done by the end of the day, and they were. They took the time to explain what we needed to know regarding the system, how to use the phone app for the inverter and even ensured that the inverter was duly connected to our wifi for us.

What stood out though is the after care. When we were trying to work out how the cost effectiveness worked relating to the cost we were paying to what we should be paying the electrical company, their customer service was again brilliant. They took the time to visit back with us, and go through what we should look at, ensured our solar app was set up correctly and giving us the correct info.

Even a year later when we had a new modem installed and the wifi connection between the modem and the inverter unit 'broke' they popped round and got it back up running again...

In all honesty, the entire team - installation, electrical and after care are worth a 12/10 score. They are polite, caring, they listened to our concerns, questions and not once did they make us think we were 'just another customer.'

If your looking for a company that will look after you from quote to completion and AFTER completion then Ahlec Pty Ltd is the company to go with.

Louise & Heather

Ps I have attached a photo of them mid installation and unfortunately don't have an after image... and the inverter

Fantastic and very caring family business

Fantastic and very caring family business. Everything was executed perfectly, professional, knowledgeable and friendly team. They make you feel great about your purchase and energy lifestyle decision . Communication and customer service is excellent, i know they will always be there for us. That's gold to me

Great job.

Friendly installers, on time and all details explained clearly.
Initial consultation with sales rep, Austin, informative and helped me
Make the decision.

Awesome Experience

From the first contact right through to the installation and after sales contact, the whole Ahlec team have been knowledgeable, helpful and great to deal with. I would definitely recommend Ahlec to anyone looking to install solar. Thanks!!

Top quality installer

Excellent service and quality workmanship, I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

Great wholesome family business

I have no complaints whatsoever about Ahlec and their professional crew. Would not hesitate to recommend!

Ahlec is a great Company of professionals in solar energy

Every aspect of this job from Quoting and options by Austin, managing implementation by Andy to the highly professional young team of installers was amazing. We had to do nothing from the point of agreeing on the design and quote including all aspects of connection to house, energy provider advice etc

Fantastic job!

Couldn't have asked for an easier process, from the initial meeting to the completion of installation everything went smoothly.

Very satisfied

The salesperson answered all my queries and the company performed the installation very efficiently. I am still waiting on AGL to do the changeover but that is due to happen next week. Thus far I am a very satisfied customer.

Andys solar rescue

Home & Energy installed my neighbours solar and were very happy with all aspects of the process. We contacted them and had their sales guy Gareth came out and talked to us about how they could help us as we had an existing system which had failed
We talked about all Gareth had told us and after looking at all the other quotes( one company only sent a quote and did not visit) all the rest came to visit and were helpful informative and generous with their time. H&E were happy to come back to see us to answer our follow up questions. Their quote was lower than the others and with good quality equipment -panels,inverter and optimisers.
On Gareth's recommendation we also installed an electric HWS and did away with the old gas system- saving about $1000 per year. Now the HWS and pool pump run during the day on their timers on the solar system. The system is a 9.7 kWh system as we have a lot of tree shade to contend with and will get worse as winter comes on. We hope to reduce our energy consumption by at least half. We were very pleased with the quality of work, the promptness of installation and the professionalism of all aspects of the work. They also put us onto a solar boost plan with Origin( our supplier) with a fit of 20c/ kWh and supply cost of 25c/kWh. We are averaging 30kWh per day so far and are waiting for our next Energex bill.
Thanks for all the info you put on solar quotes it was very helpful and gave us the push we needed to get started. Hope this feedback helps.
PS the solar guy who only quoted was Accord Electrical & Solar. Their quote was fairly high.

Original Review on 09-07-2020:

An enjoyable and stressless solar experience

Let’s face it - understanding the world of solar is not easy!

But our experience in dealing with Ahlec on the Sunshine Coast has been a very positive one. From the very first sales experience to acceptance of our order, to installation and after sales service, we have been delighted with the team from Ahlec.

We have no hesitation in recommending this business for anyone considering solar installation on the Sunshine Coast.

8 months later we asked Ken: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system HAS exceeded our expectations, both in its efficiency and the financial benefits we are receiving from the system.

Excellent ...

This was our second engagement with Ahlec. As anticipated, the overall products and services were excellent ...

Fantastic professional service

After 18 months of research and a total minefield of information. I decided to proceed with Ahlec Solar & Electrical. Family owned and operated was the first plus for me. Ahlec solar turned out to be Honest, Reliable, Professional and extremely knowledgeable.
I would have no problems recommending them to anyone.
Do yourself a favour. Support a local family owned and operated business. 10 out of 10.

Original Review on 12-08-2020:

A Company I Can Trust

My decision to go with Ahlec was based on their proven track record of installing solar systems via large numbers of positive client feedback, maintaining high standards via their strong links to CEC and Solar Quotes, the professional and accurate advice given on what system would be best for me and finally, who would provide the best level of customer service to maintain my system. Now that the system has been installed, I am glad I chose Ahlec. The entire Ahlec team were fantastic and did everything from pre-installation to completion. I look forward to many years of quality customer service. Original ratings

7 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. I'm very happy with the system. My solar returns have exceeded my expectations.

Excellent Service, Quality and Follow Up

I received quotes from four companies.

AHLEC were the only company to note some important details about our property and the advice Andrew gave was helpful, saving us money. They seemed actually interested in helping rather than just selling a solar system.

The installers were excellent and communicated well. The job quality is perfect.

The follow-up from AHLEC is excellent and they provide a fantastic collection of information, warranties, user guides and are ready to help.

Their sales as "no hype" and easy to deal with.

Installed in 1/2 day

Installed within a reasonable time from agreement, worksmanship to good standard, on-site supervisor was agreeable and helpful. I opted for extra Bluetooth facility which was installed and explained during the initial installation.

Excellent service from start to finish

Fast, friendly, customer focussed attention from first contact right through to completion.. The team at Ahlec Solar certainly know how to provide top notch customer service whilst providing clear and honest advice which allowed us to choose a good quality system at a competitive price. Installation was quick with no mess or fuss. We chose Ahlec based on their previous reviews and we ertainly weren't disappointed. We'd have no hesitation in recommending them to our family and friends.
Thanks again to Amy, Austin, Andy, Alex and all the team at Ahlec, great job!