Ahlec Pty Ltd Reviews

About Ahlec Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

Ahlec Pty Ltd
Platinum Partner
Ahlec Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 35 155 046 003  ABN active since 25 Jan 2012 | Ahlec Pty Ltd
ACN: 155 046 003  ACN active since 09 Jan 2012 | Ahlec Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
QLD: 74709 Ahlec Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $3,995 - $12,225 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Ahlec Solar is a family owned business based on the Sunshine coast that has been installing Solar PV across Queensland since 2010.

- We do not use sub-contractors, with all of our installations carried out by our own in house electricians.

- We are licensed electrical contractors which means that we can and do employ our own teams of installers to carry out the work.

- The whole process is carried out in house from a site visit to explain how Solar PV will work for you right through to completion of the Solar system installation as well as a post installation follow up service.

- As Solar installers we have carried out many thousands of Solar PV installations which is why we really understand Solar PV.

- We supply Solar PV systems which are grid connected and we also supply off grid solar systems with batteries for the more remote situations.

Ahlec Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Great Installation

Sales quote was honest & transparent. Very professional install - on time, clean & tidy, simple explanation on what was being done. Overall customer service has been fantastic to date. Any issues/questions have been addressed quickly. Show additional information

A hidden gem in the solar world

You want to install solar, but where do you start? Facebook adds, TV adds, google, recommendations from friends and family. KWs, FITs, inverters etc. are just a few new words that you need to add to your vocabulary. This is all too complex so you will start to focus on advertised cost: $2999 for a 5KW system, $3999 for a 6 KW system and you make your decision purely based on the price. I did that mistake and it wasn't a pleasant one but fortunately I managed to get my money back.

This is where I need to give credits to solarquotes.com.au as well, because I learned all the essential knowledge of the website and in the end made the right decision.

Ahlec was one of three solar companies who were in my top three list. All three companies offered similar products (make and model of solar panels and inverters) and were very similar in price. The decider however was the excellent level of ongoing customer service I got from Ahlec (in particular Austin) who answered all my questions, queries and addressed my concerns. Austin was patient and always replied to my emails promptly over a period of about 4 months until I made my final decision.

No deposit and payment after installation?!? Sounded a little out of the ordinary given that other solar companies charge either a 10% deposit or $1000. However, there was no catch at all. A signature on the formal quote is all that is required to lock in the deal.

When I was ready for installation I gave Ahlec a call and I started speaking to Andy, who always made me feel like a valued customer. Arranging an installation time was easy and Andy was able to accommodate my desired time schedule. To be fair on Ahlec please give them about 4 weeks notice so that they can arrange the installation because you are not the only one who is receiving the solar panels. A few days out from installation Andy called me and inquired about a few numbers on my meter box, which he talked me through step by step. He will organise the application with Energex and everything runs smoothly in the background, while you wait for your solar panels.

On the day of installation two very well presented tradesmen (Sam and Elliot) arrived at my door step punctual and on time. They introduced themselves and got on with their job. To be fair on them make sure that you have working wifi connection so that Sam can install the inverter (if it has wifi capability) correctly. Both Sam and Elliot worked in a very professional, organised, structured and tidy manner. Their conduct precisely represented the level of customer service you get from the office staff at Ahlec and you can be sure to be in good hands during the installation. Upon completion of the installation Sam ran me through the app and/or website that you can use to monitor your Fronius inverter; the electricity consumption and production, the amount you feed back to the grid. Ahlec will do it for you, but if you want to be pro-active jump on the solarweb.com website and set up your account (if you have a Fronius inverter). In addition Sam ran me through the turn-off procedure of the solar system in the even of an emergency and advised me on some maintenance tips of the solar panels (hosing them down with water every so often, if it doesn't rain).

A few days later Amy send me an email and very kindly explained the paperwork to me and guided me through the admin process post-installation. Very easy and all the paperwork that you might be interested in will be sent to you via dropbox. Like Austin, Andy, Sam and Elliot, Amy was friendly, polite and professional in replying to my emails.

I couldn't be happier with my solar panels/system and I couldn't be happier for having chosen Ahlec as my solar installer. Even now that the installation is complete I am under their guard as they watch and monitor my system, come to check on it and are available for any queries that you might have during your solar experience. An absolute 'gem' in the solar world and Ahlec by far outruns other big solar companies who are just after your money and profit. Ahlec is a little but very efficient family run business and you should not underestimate their proven experience and expertise in their field of work.

I have told all my friends and family about Ahlec and will strongly recommend them. If I was to do it again I would chose Ahlec in a heart beat.

Looking for an amazing, efficient, trustworthy, professional, high quality and customer oriented solar experience?

Chose Ahlec.

A business that prides itself on customer service

A family based business that prides itself on customer service and communication. Right from the initial contact all the way through to after sale/installation service it was so reassuring that I knew I was getting exactly what I was paying for.
Quality, support and peace of mind .
So hard to find in today’s world.. Well done and exceeded my expectations

Professional from start to finish

I felt very comfortable from the first meeting with Austin, he was very knowledgeable and above all else listened. When they arrived to install the system they explained exactly what was to take place. They were courteous, very professional and cleaned up after themselves. I would recommend these guys to anyone considering Solar they are a family business and look after their customers. Show additional information

Would highly recommend

No pressure sales staff, knew their subject, gave unbiased advice and actually visited the property. Said they would commence on a certain date and time, arrived right on time and were finished and had cleared up the same day. Full explanation given on how to operate the system and they made a follow up call several days later to ensure no issues. I would highly recommend Ahlec.

I wish I had something positive to say about the retail provider though. Over a month since the EWR request was submitted. Was told they worked to a 5 day turnover on requests.

You can trust these guys

Brilliant to deal with, thorough and professional installation. Helped set everything up once installed so we were good to go. You can trust these guys. Show additional information

The level and quality of customer support from quotation to the workmanship of the actual install was extraordinary.

the underlying knowledge of the products and the level of customer engagement from the outset was outstanding.
several alternatives were presented with no rush or hard sell, the clear aim was to get it right. the workmanship of the install was also quite outstanding with an eye to detail and overall aesthetics of the install was clear. the install team were extremely helpful, courteous and a pleasure to have on our property.
recommend without hesitation

Pleasure to deal with

From explaining the details in the quote, to the timely and professional team installing the system, can't be happier with the service provider by the whole team from Ahlec Show additional information

I couldn't fault these guys

From start to finish these guys did a very professional job. I would thoroughly recommend them. Show additional information

Excellent Experience in Every Respect - from Product to Installation to Follow-up

Ahlec representatives and technicians provided a first rate service from the very first time we met, through to the end, and including answering with courtesy a few post-installation questions. I highly recommend their service.

Unlike other representatives that came with quotes, Austin never gave the impression he was trying to sell me anything. He presented the facts that related to our situation (how much generation we would get, when, etc.) and distinguished himself by proposing a lay out that was different to what the other companies were suggesting. This made me think. I realised Austin's proposed lay out made a lot of sense, given the position of our house next to some trees. It also made me realise that the other companies were being very superficial. They were suggesting we place panels on a part of the roof with shade issues! When I asked some technical questions on the panels to all 3 solar companies we contacted, Austin's replies stood out as more articulate and elaborate. On the other hand, other representatives replied to my technical questions by just copying and pasting details out of a data sheet, which was hardly helpful since I could read data sheets myself. Their answers felt distant and impersonal.

On installation day, the technicians showed up on time, and finished on time. They are not contractors, and they have been with Ahlec on a long term basis. The idea of giving work to a local, family owned business that provides stable employment to local electricians, made us feel good with our choice. The technicians were very friendly, they did not hesitate to answer at length any questions I had (and I had quite a few and at some point I was expecting them to loose their patience at all my geeking out on the techicalities!). I could also see that they were being very careful to not leave any debris or litter around. Since we have a toddler that kept going around trying to touch everything, I was really impressed with their care.

Overall, it was a great experience and I would recommend Ahlec to all my family and friends.
Marco

A Company I Can Trust

My decision to go with Ahlec was based on their proven track record of installing solar systems via large numbers of positive client feedback, maintaining high standards via their strong links to CEC and Solar Quotes, the professional and accurate advice given on what system would be best for me and finally, who would provide the best level of customer service to maintain my system. Now that the system has been installed, I am glad I chose Ahlec. The entire Ahlec team were fantastic and did everything from pre-installation to completion. I look forward to many years of quality customer service. Show additional information

Great team at Ahlec

Austin and the team at Ahlec were extremely good to deal with, we had a query and Austin made time to come back to our house to discuss and confirm. The system has been installed and just waiting electricity to change the meter and connect the solar. Would highly recommend Austin and his team

They did all the paperwork to Energex for the meter to be changed and connection of the solar. All paperwork, warranties etc were issued promptly.

Fantastic to deal with

Very helpful, informative installers who seemed to really know what they were doing.

Because I already had an off-grid system, upgrading it was complex and Ahlec solar did a thorough job of researching the components I had, which ones needed to be replaced, and how best to do the replacement & reconfigure to meet my needs. Show additional information

Excellent company to deal with

We dealt with Austin initially and he was excellent to work with. We appreciated his honesty and knowledge. The installers were tremendous - polite, efficient and hard working. The company has been terrific to work with and helped us with the grid connection after the install. We would highly recommend Ahlec for anyone wishing to install solar. Show additional information

Very Happy

very friendly, helpful advice. I strongly recommend this family business to any one looking for solar installation
the crew are a great team of blokes and quite frankly their attitude is nothing is too much trouble!

Off grid solar install

I highly recommend Ahlec, from the quoting to the installation process I found all concerned to be easy to get along with, and the installers focused on neatness.
Being new to off grid solar my 40 thousand questions could of been exasperating, all concerned politely and patiently explained the procedure involved.

An enjoyable and stressless solar experience

Let’s face it - understanding the world of solar is not easy!

But our experience in dealing with Ahlec on the Sunshine Coast has been a very positive one. From the very first sales experience to acceptance of our order, to installation and after sales service, we have been delighted with the team from Ahlec.

We have no hesitation in recommending this business for anyone considering solar installation on the Sunshine Coast.

Easy to Deal with

Austin gave us a no nonsense view of Solar that assisted in us making a decision
The installation team were on time, polite and respectful of our property and ensured we new how to operate the system prior to leaving

Friendly, fast and efficient

It was always a pleasure to deal with Ahlec. They were always prompt and made the whole process from quote to completion of installation easy and drama free by organising everything. Their installers were friendly, considerate, helpful and extremely efficient. We were totally impressed with Arhlec. A great little local company :-) Show additional information

Solar power installation.

Very happy with the process from start to finish. Austin was great to deal with both before & after installation. The installation team headed by Alex was on time & professional in their work and answered any questions that we had regarding the installation & operation of the system. Show additional information

Excellent Service

Sales and quoting was done well. Informative and helpful without being pushy.
Installation was done on time and all the team were polite and courteous and happy to take my questions. Installation work was neat and tidy and looks professional. I would not hesitate to recommend Ahlec for a solar installation.

Great company, super happy!

Sales and quoting process was super easy and seamless. Was not pressured into it like a lot of other retailers do. Great customer service and electricians were super neat and very polite and helpful. So happy I made the decision to go with AHLEC Pty Ltd, would definitely recommend. Show additional information

Solar installation

I found the sales person extremely good due to the fact that i had 3 phase coming into my house and gave me various quotes.The trades people turned up on time and were very polite. Show additional information

The good reviews are warranted!

Very impressed.

Being a cynical old man I'm always suspicious of companies that have only good reviews- I thought somebody must have had a bad experience with them!

However from start to finish Ahlec have been complete professionals. After getting 3 other quotes I settled on Ahlec after chatting with Austin. Everything from then on was smooth sailing. Organising change of meter with AGL, dealing with Energex, Installation team arrived bang on 7am as planned. Solar is working well and doing exactly what they said it would do.

I spent months researching which company to use, so very glad I picked Ahlec. Thankyou to the whole team.

Install of Solar and Battery System

Ahlec were great to deal with from the start. They were informative, factual and answered all my questions! All staff I interacted with were easy to contact and their communications were spot on. There were clear with what was included in the quote and any changes were clearly stated. The installation team were tidy, punctual and again were patient in answering questions and explaining what was going on - they were all well informed. At the end of the day, the solar and battery were up and running and has been functioning ever since. I would highly recommend them! Thanks Show additional information

Experienced and local installers

I have 3 phase power to my house and the salesperson gave me a lot more options than other companies Show additional information

No problem installation

After getting quotes that were 50% higher and another that was just plain wrong this was a welcome example of good service at a fair price. Everything went smoothly though not super quickly and I am happy with what I got Show additional information

Really great team

The Ahlec team from start to finish were professional, factual and when installing great to be around. There were 3 guys doing the installation (one was the electrician) all three answered our on hte spot questions, explained the system and how it works best. When to get our optimum use out of the system with using bigger use machines...

Overall very satisfied.

A1 service provided by AHLEC

If you're thinking of installing solar, without any hesitation, we recommend using AHLEC. We arranged 3 quotes for our solar & AHLEC was the only one to come out to do a site visit. The quote was provided quickly & was very competitive. The entire process from quoting to installation happened with ease. This is a company that is big on service - all of the people we dealt with by phone or in person, were efficient, courteous, professional & friendly. When the job was ultimately done (installed yesterday!), it was done with minimal fuss/intrusion & our home was left tidy & clean.

We highly recommend AHLEC - a great team & an absolute pleasure to deal with! Thank you.

Great installation, great company

I had a 6.65kW system installed by Ahlec on the Sunshine Coast. They guys were great through the whole process. It was clear that they really thought about the system and how to get the best out if it's performance for my house. The installers (part of the company, not subbies) were fantastic as well - they really thought about the best way to install the system on my tricky roof and did a great job. Show additional information

Approachable, informative, prompt and professional.

Ahlec were fantastic to deal with at all stages of the process.
Provided accurate and relevant information and patient explanation from the inquiry stage.
Travelled considerable distance to our property to assess, discuss, design and quote.
Installation happened within a couple of weeks. The tradesmen were efficient, skilled and pleasant. Unforeseen complications were dealt with seamlessly.
We are very happy with the result, and Ahlec have been most personable with backup service.

Solar Installation - Little Mountain

The Ahlec representative spent plenty of time with me at our first meeting explaining solar and all that goes with it. Quotation was received promptly. Accord Electrical were not too bad in also spending time explaining the ins and outs of it all. Regrettably Expert Electrical did not contact me for an appointment even though I did receive an email from them indicating they would be in touch.

No major issues with installation. It was a pleasure having the Ahlec employees working at our home.

Ahlec have been very supportive throughout the entire process.

Professional crew

Austin was very objective in hes presentation and delivered a costing we were happy to accept. Austin assisted in the application for the grid connection .
the team was punctual on the day of installation
the team was very well organised, polite and worked very efficiently cleaned up after the installation.
the connected us to a monitoring wi-fi system
Austin offered to meet with us again after the first billing period , to discuss option in electricity plan / company's.

Ahlec - great install process and after sales support excellent

The quoting and contract process was seamless and worked well. note an additional panel included for free.

The day agreed for installation was all OK, both installers punctual , friendly and polite. Quality job with a handover on how to operate at the end of the day. Grid connection and new meter all was managed by Ahlec and no issues.

I recently had an issue with power and contacted Ahlec and they were logged onto my inverter that morning to diagnose problem and called me several times to explain what they were updating on unit. Root cause was Energex ( not the solar unit) and this was fixed by Energex next day. Ahlex continued to monitor solar system health after Energex fix and rang me twice, great after sales service which you don't see much of these days.

Highly recommend Ahlec for your solar needs.

Garry Cootharaba QLD

Fantastic solar system, great installer

We recently engaged Ahlec Solar to install a 6.5 kw solar system on our new home in Thornlands, Brisbane. In all our dealings with Andy Hall at Ahlec, we found them to be highly professional, extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. Our new system comprises only quality components and the installation was performed promptly following our placement of the order. The installation team were very professional and completed the job in less than half a day. Show additional information

Happy with the service given the decision delays.

We have been waiting a very Long time for Energix approval. It has taken about six weeks. Austin our consultant says this is unusual. I wonder if it has anything to do with the current lockdown and them not wanting any extra supplies? Show additional information

Perfect service and install from start to finish!

Ahlec are by far the best example I've seen of a team. Their service and install was impeccable. Right from the quote they've been helpful and informative but never pushy, giving me the exact information and details I requested. The install is perfect. I had forgotten to confirm I wanted solar analytics and on the day they had a team member drive the extra hardware down without any issue. The hardware is neat and tidy and all to standard without any shortcuts taken. Thanks so much guys, I'm more than impressed and thankful for all the help and assistance you've provided along the way, even with the meter change request. Show additional information
I found your website extremely helpful. I drove myself crazy looking up reviews about panels - mono/poly; efficiencies, degradation,etc and in the end trusted my own judgement going with a panel from the medium to top end of Finn's chart. Too early to comment as electrical work only completed a couple of days ago but looking forward to seeing how we fare! Show additional information

Solar experts

Ahlecsolar quoting and system well
Explained with competitive quote
Installers courteous and easy to discuss issues with. Great customer service
Onsite and all neat and
Tidy
With the install, would recommend them for
Any solar installation

Quick and effortless

Professional and comfortable quoting process. Factual and knowledgeable.
Prompt to do install and done quickly with a good finish and left tidy afterwards.
Good team.
Spent the time to explain how to organise grid connection and how system operates.
A most relaxing experience. Thanks guys.

Very Happy with Ahlec Pty Ltd They went Above & Beyond expectations.

We are Very Happy with Austin, Andy & the team from Ahlec Pty Ltd. They went above & beyond all expectations. Austin was the first quote we got. We got several quotes. We wanted a local company to look after us. Local knowledge & support. We run a small business ourselves in the vegetation management industry & know the value of a local company in the community working together. We often get called out to deal with trees that are shading solar systems or overhanging client's roofs in preparation for solar system installations. We did get 2 similar quotes from competing suppliers. When we asked Austin questions about the difference in the componentry between the 2 closest quotes, both offering Sungrow 5kw inverters & Longi solar panels of different wattages. He was very knowledgeable & helpful. We also had a bit of an issue with designing our system because of the high drainage vents on our house. The shade of these vents traveling over the panels effecting their performance & the positioning of the panels on our roof. Again Austin was very helpful at providing us with information about this & our options. Even the installation which was postponed by the weather once. The installation team soldiered on in weather conditions that I was more then understanding if they called it on accounts of the rain & a thunderstorm with active lightning strikes within the area (Weatherzone, BOM & Higgins Storm Chasers Apps on our phones). Aftersales service again has been great. Austin has been in communications with us since with all the necessary paperwork to Energex & AGL our energy retailer, to get the solar meter & the tarrif feed in account organised. He has offered to go through our first bill with us after the system gets online & working with the feed in tarrif. The system has been performing above & beyond what he originally estimated. So in closing couldn't be happier. Show additional information

Fantastic installer. Nothing a problem and totally helpful.

Was very well informed and communication was 10 out of 10. The job was fantastic not to mention very competitively priced. Right through from the sales to the install when down perfectly. They even help through future power bills and make sure everything is on check. Recommend to all. Thanks guys Show additional information

Extremely Professional and Friendly

If you want amazing service and a great solar package, these are the guys to trust! Show additional information

Great service and support, great price, great workmanship.

We are very happy with the professional and quality installation of our 6.5kw system. From the initial quote by Austin and our follow up questions, everything was explained clearly and simply. When installing the system, we had further questions regarding the panel layout and number of strings. Sam and the team were very helpful in discussing the options and answering our questions. Post install, Austin visited twice to assist with the app set up and power monitoring and nothing was too much of a bother.A great local company who provides teriffic after sales support and does what they say they will do in a timely and professional manner. Show additional information

Great installers

Ahlec have good staff covering each stage of the process so you can be confident the end product meets your expectations.
They took extra care with the instal so the end product not only does the job but looks good too.

Great Listeners to understand and meet my needs, then well executed

The whole team at Ahlec were great. Helped me through the whole process, came up with a great way to best make use of my 2 phase poer connection to the grid.
They came up with the best solution (and I talked to 8 potentil providers).
Installation guys were terrific, worked hard on a hot sunny Qld day. Very tiday installation.
Got help to install the Fronius monitoring app.
Austen followed up just after installation and then again by personal visit just after AGL had been to connect new smart meter.
All good and so far exceeding my expectations.
Very good quoting ! NOT pushy! Young installers were punctual , curtious Proffesional .. After sales follow up still to happen , when we get our first Energy bill. Show additional information

What a great buying experience.

This company was the first out of the three quotes to contact us. The quote was very informative and detailed enough for us to decide to go with Ahlec.
The guys doing the install were friendly and very helpful with information on all of our questions about the work that was being done.
The site was left clean as all waste was removed by them. The wiring was installed very neatly, even in the ceiling. Very professional indeed!
The grid connection was more or less organised by them.
My hat off to Austin, Andy and his sons, and the apprentices, for getting this done in one day (with rain). Thank you!

Great Family Company - would highly recommend!

From initial conversations to installation and after care queries..., absolutely great service!

Show their prices upfront, so hidden extras. You know exactly what you’re getting. No hard sale or phone for a quote, like some companies.

Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a honest, reliable solar company. Big Thanks to Andy, Austin and the team... made it so easy.

Thanks
Roly & Emma

Great customer service

Would highly recommend Ahlec from the quote to installation team were very professional friendly and customer service was great. Show additional information