Ahlec Pty Ltd

Ahlec Pty Ltd Reviews

Ahlec Solar is a family owned business based on the Sunshine coast that has been installing Solar PV across Queensland since 2010.

- We do not use sub-contractors, with all of our installations carried out by our own in house electricians.

- We are licensed electrical contractors which means that we can and do employ our own teams of installers to carry out the work.

- The whole process is carried out in house from a site visit to explain how Solar PV will work for you right through to completion of the Solar system installation as well as a post installation follow up service.

- As Solar installers we have carried out many thousands of Solar PV installations which is why we really understand Solar PV.

- We supply Solar PV systems which are grid connected and we also supply off grid solar systems with batteries for the more remote situations.

Reviewers report paying: $3,990 - $6,800 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Ahlec Pty Ltd Reviews (196)

Very professional team

Quotes were done after a site visit and time made for install to suit us so all went well

All Round Excellence

Andy and the team from Ahlec Pty Ltd were absolutely fantastic.
They were responsive and professional throughout the entire process - including the myriad of delays that I put them through due to other interdependent works.
Installation on the day was professional, efficient, courteous and friendly - with the team all having a cheerful smile and hello.
They were all obviously very proud of their work and their standard.
Despite being busy - they took the time to explain the process and the equipment and the next steps.
We have undertaken multiple projects recently and encountered multiple groups of contractors -this business and team were among the best. My wife even commented that they were the only group to clean their mess up afterwards - including vacuuming the carpet to remove plaster dust.
Highly recommended.

Original Review on 22-12-2020:

Very happy with final result. After sales service has been excellent

The quoting process was straightforward and easy to follow the various options. Installation was seamless; it was a very hot day but the staff of Ahlec (not sub-contractors, by the way) were terrific. Grid connection was all done before they left. I then had subsequent issues with the App not showing full data on feed-in etc. This was really well managed by Ahlec, who contacted Sungrow a number of times to have the issue sorted. This included two return visits to my property. Customer service A+ Original ratings

8 months later we asked Julian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I'm very pleased with the system, after 12 months. Bills have been probably lower than expected too.

Great friendly service.

The sales rep was friendly and shared his knowledge with me as I was feeling quite overwhelmed with choices and information. He took the time to explain his situation, that he lives locally and the system he had on his home. This was the biggest decider for me-if it’s good enough for the salesman it will be good enough for me-they are not likely to choose a dodgy product!
Install was neatly done and again well explained.
Customer service has been great so far!

Great customer experience

From the outset we had a great experience. We are a little out of their main patch but they were happy to come by our home and review our property to ensure they would have sufficient access to get up on the 2 storey side of the home. We never felt pressured and felt that we were able to have an honest conversation about our options and pros and cons of different systems. We were at ease straight away.

On the day they arrived, were tidy and polite and got to work immediately. They were friendly and I was genuinely surprised how quickly they were able to complete the work, they seemed very organized. They ran through the setup of the inverter and how to operate and shut down the inverter. Again the work they did looks great with the installation of the inverter.

After the fact the office was friendly and gave me a timeline to get setup on solar.web for Fronius production data. They were quick to send me all the relevant documents for the system the next day.

I had to follow up with Ahlec to troubleshoot an issue a few months down the track, and they got back to me fairly quickly, and followed up quickly. They attended the premises within 2 business days and immediately resolved my issue. I was really happy with their followup and the time frame.

Really good customer service experience. I have recommended Ahlec to my boss and family and really cannot fault them. So far we are really happy with our decision to go with them.

Professional craftsmanship

The sales rep was courteous, friendly and very professional. He know what he was talking about and had done his research. The installation went as one would expect of a custom servicing company: excellent. As there was already an older system on the roof, installation proceeded smoothly.

The best

Sales quoting excellent, actually listen to what you want.
Installation team where fantastic, adjusted installation from original plan to give the best performance, good consultation, very neat and tidy install, take pride in their workmanship.
Great products, great advice and great service, nothing is a problem, highly recommend.

Quality Company

Totally awesome experience with Ahlec. A friend recommended them as they had a great experience too.
Quoting was professional, informative and excellent value.

The installation was very efficiently carried out, the guys on the ground (and the roof) were extremely friendly, positive and knowledgeable.

Will be recommending Ahlec to all my friends and family.

Great, professional & efficient solar installer

After getting about 6 quotes, I found that AHLEC was the most competitive, great panel and inverter for the price! The process from the initial contact with quote, system option to the installation was seamless. The team showed up on time for the installation, explained everything, and walk me through the pre-installation process, the team also left the places neat & tidy after the installation. Overall, I highly recommend AHLEC! Thanks for the great product & service!

Excellent Job - exactly what I needed and wanted

The sales and quoting service was clear and explained my various questions about what would be the best system for my requirements and to suit my property and location.

The installation took place as promised, the team were punctual and very tidy workers, the team leader ensured that I was aware of exactly what was happening.

AHLEC did everything including all grid connection procedures with ENERGEX and ensured that I was informed of each stage.

Great Local Company

Austin/Andrew and his team provided us with a first class installation, punctual, professional team.

Will be coming back after first electric bill to review our system, thats a plus!

Everything was explained at quote time by Austin, and popped up to us within 48hrs of enquiry

There were a couple of changes we wanted and some questions regarding the installation and this was all done seamlessly.

Great to support a local Company

Original Review on 19-10-2020:

Great service.

sales/quoting process was good. i did miss one of the contacts as it was via email and went to my junk folder. found it a couple of days later.

Installation was great. they went above and beyond.

The customer service was great.

8 months later we asked Stephen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes the system is performing to my expectations. we have not had an electricity bill for 12 months. The provider the installer put us onto has been great.

Excellent service & great installation. Installation staff were very pleasant & friendly. Very happy with the job. Thank you all.

Very happy with the job. Staff were pleasant and easy to deal with. Tidy & punctual.
Answered all my questions.

Great all round team

-so helpful and informative, spent the time and made sure I understood the whole process thankyou

-the installation team were fantastic attention to detail brilliant, cheerful, helpful beyond anything expected and also cleaned up to perfection. Truly professional.

The customer service also really good everything organised and now just waiting for connection to the grid.

Overall I couldn’t be happier with this company they were lovely to deal with from beginning to finish highly recommend this company

Professional & Knowledgeable

Ahlec were the only suppliers who were able to provide us steer us in the right direction for the supply & installation of an upgraded 3 phase solar power system with battery backup that enables us to continue with essential services during an Energex outage as well as providing us with significant energy cost savings. Their in-house team of installers & electricians (no reliance on the knowledge of subcontractors) were professional, knowledgeable, experienced & committed to identify & install the appropriate system.

Great service with an excellent product

I spoke direct with Andy who immediately organised a site inspection at my property. He then recommended and installed an Eco P Series Lithium Battery, which has not failed me once since installation. My previous batteries were nothing but trouble and failed on every occasion we stayed at our farm. I can't recommend this business and their products highly enough.

Excellent job very professional

Absolute brilliant. On time everything was organised. Great to get on with. Left the site totally clean. Quoting was as good process these guys use the best products at a great price. 5 star.

Excellent experience from start to finish.

Cannot fault their service. I would highly recommend them. I found them very informative and accurate with their information.

We Made a Good Choice

We obtained three quotes & chose Ahlec Pty Ltd on a combination of price, professionalism & comprehensive information about all aspects of the system of installing solar giving us a comfort zone.

The installation was completed by a team of polite, highly competent people carrying out the work in a timely manner as promised.

We were promised good customer service & that was precisely what we got. All pre purchase questions were fully answered in clear layman's language. Ahlec handled everything related to the connection to the grid, assisted us installing the apps on our 'phones & using them. There was a follow up visit to see that everything was operating correctly & that we understood everything.

Further, once we received our first electricity bill a representative from Ahlec again visited to check the bill & answer any questions we may have had. The system was also checked again to ensure it was operating properly.

The quoting process was very informative and the whole system was explained in words we could understand.

The day of installation went well. Trades were punctual and efficient
We were very happy with the service

Original Review on 04-09-2020:

Would highly recommend

No pressure sales staff, knew their subject, gave unbiased advice and actually visited the property. Said they would commence on a certain date and time, arrived right on time and were finished and had cleared up the same day. Full explanation given on how to operate the system and they made a follow up call several days later to ensure no issues. I would highly recommend Ahlec.

I wish I had something positive to say about the retail provider though. Over a month since the EWR request was submitted. Was told they worked to a 5 day turnover on requests.

8 months later we asked Ian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Absolutely. I have been recommending Ahlec and the system installed to everyone who asks my opinion.

Honest & True Blue

The team at Ahlec were clear and concise with their quote, so we new exactly what to expect on the 'final' bill after installation.

The guys that arrived to do the installation promised us they'd be done by the end of the day, and they were. They took the time to explain what we needed to know regarding the system, how to use the phone app for the inverter and even ensured that the inverter was duly connected to our wifi for us.

What stood out though is the after care. When we were trying to work out how the cost effectiveness worked relating to the cost we were paying to what we should be paying the electrical company, their customer service was again brilliant. They took the time to visit back with us, and go through what we should look at, ensured our solar app was set up correctly and giving us the correct info.

Even a year later when we had a new modem installed and the wifi connection between the modem and the inverter unit 'broke' they popped round and got it back up running again...

In all honesty, the entire team - installation, electrical and after care are worth a 12/10 score. They are polite, caring, they listened to our concerns, questions and not once did they make us think we were 'just another customer.'

If your looking for a company that will look after you from quote to completion and AFTER completion then Ahlec Pty Ltd is the company to go with.

Louise & Heather

Ps I have attached a photo of them mid installation and unfortunately don't have an after image... and the inverter

Fantastic and very caring family business

Fantastic and very caring family business. Everything was executed perfectly, professional, knowledgeable and friendly team. They make you feel great about your purchase and energy lifestyle decision . Communication and customer service is excellent, i know they will always be there for us. That's gold to me

Great job.

Friendly installers, on time and all details explained clearly.
Initial consultation with sales rep, Austin, informative and helped me
Make the decision.

Ahlec solar install.

Ahlec were very professional, courteous, and prompt in all aspects of this job. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Awesome Experience

From the first contact right through to the installation and after sales contact, the whole Ahlec team have been knowledgeable, helpful and great to deal with. I would definitely recommend Ahlec to anyone looking to install solar. Thanks!!

Top quality installer

Excellent service and quality workmanship, I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

Great wholesome family business

I have no complaints whatsoever about Ahlec and their professional crew. Would not hesitate to recommend!

Ahlec is a great Company of professionals in solar energy

Every aspect of this job from Quoting and options by Austin, managing implementation by Andy to the highly professional young team of installers was amazing. We had to do nothing from the point of agreeing on the design and quote including all aspects of connection to house, energy provider advice etc

Fantastic job!

Couldn't have asked for an easier process, from the initial meeting to the completion of installation everything went smoothly.

Quality Products & Installation From a Family Owned Professional Team That You Can Certainly Trust!

We originally received 3 quotes from 3 excellent sales people whose prices and options were quite similar to each other. Once you decide to look at all possible options, the prices can vary considerably. Due to a few slightly shaded areas in the morning and afternoons, we elected to have 17 panels along the top edge of our main roof and 7 tilted panels along the rear patio roof.

Our installers were amazing but is understandable as 2 of the team were family members who were able to ensure everything went smoothly, no mess was left behind and everything explained in simple English. You really couldn't ask for anyone better. Well done guys, you deserved the brown lemonades!

Our salesman, Austin was amazing and explained a few issues that cropped up about our potential installation and which made the decision to choose optimised panels a little easier, despite the additional cost. His ongoing assistance and willingness to continue answering questions is also really appreciated.

We're also glad we chose a larger system as on cloudy days, (which have been far too frequent so far in March 2021), a smaller system simply wouldn't cope with our daily needs. Our best day was 55.97 kWh on 25/2/21 while our worst was 8.09 kWh on 17/3/21. Our average for March has been around 30 kWh which is a little disappointing but we are experiencing the La Nina effect so that may improve over time.

Overall, we are thrilled with our choice and hope that our current F.I.T. remains in place for a long time to come. That should enable us to amortize the cost over a 4 year period.

Nice work guys!

Very satisfied

The salesperson answered all my queries and the company performed the installation very efficiently. I am still waiting on AGL to do the changeover but that is due to happen next week. Thus far I am a very satisfied customer.

Andys solar rescue

Home & Energy installed my neighbours solar and were very happy with all aspects of the process. We contacted them and had their sales guy Gareth came out and talked to us about how they could help us as we had an existing system which had failed
We talked about all Gareth had told us and after looking at all the other quotes( one company only sent a quote and did not visit) all the rest came to visit and were helpful informative and generous with their time. H&E were happy to come back to see us to answer our follow up questions. Their quote was lower than the others and with good quality equipment -panels,inverter and optimisers.
On Gareth's recommendation we also installed an electric HWS and did away with the old gas system- saving about $1000 per year. Now the HWS and pool pump run during the day on their timers on the solar system. The system is a 9.7 kWh system as we have a lot of tree shade to contend with and will get worse as winter comes on. We hope to reduce our energy consumption by at least half. We were very pleased with the quality of work, the promptness of installation and the professionalism of all aspects of the work. They also put us onto a solar boost plan with Origin( our supplier) with a fit of 20c/ kWh and supply cost of 25c/kWh. We are averaging 30kWh per day so far and are waiting for our next Energex bill.
Thanks for all the info you put on solar quotes it was very helpful and gave us the push we needed to get started. Hope this feedback helps.
PS the solar guy who only quoted was Accord Electrical & Solar. Their quote was fairly high.

Original Review on 09-07-2020:

An enjoyable and stressless solar experience

Let’s face it - understanding the world of solar is not easy!

But our experience in dealing with Ahlec on the Sunshine Coast has been a very positive one. From the very first sales experience to acceptance of our order, to installation and after sales service, we have been delighted with the team from Ahlec.

We have no hesitation in recommending this business for anyone considering solar installation on the Sunshine Coast.

8 months later we asked Ken: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system HAS exceeded our expectations, both in its efficiency and the financial benefits we are receiving from the system.

Excellent ...

This was our second engagement with Ahlec. As anticipated, the overall products and services were excellent ...

Fantastic professional service

After 18 months of research and a total minefield of information. I decided to proceed with Ahlec Solar & Electrical. Family owned and operated was the first plus for me. Ahlec solar turned out to be Honest, Reliable, Professional and extremely knowledgeable.
I would have no problems recommending them to anyone.
Do yourself a favour. Support a local family owned and operated business. 10 out of 10.

Original Review on 12-08-2020:

A Company I Can Trust

My decision to go with Ahlec was based on their proven track record of installing solar systems via large numbers of positive client feedback, maintaining high standards via their strong links to CEC and Solar Quotes, the professional and accurate advice given on what system would be best for me and finally, who would provide the best level of customer service to maintain my system. Now that the system has been installed, I am glad I chose Ahlec. The entire Ahlec team were fantastic and did everything from pre-installation to completion. I look forward to many years of quality customer service. Original ratings

7 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. I'm very happy with the system. My solar returns have exceeded my expectations.

Excellent Service, Quality and Follow Up

I received quotes from four companies.

AHLEC were the only company to note some important details about our property and the advice Andrew gave was helpful, saving us money. They seemed actually interested in helping rather than just selling a solar system.

The installers were excellent and communicated well. The job quality is perfect.

The follow-up from AHLEC is excellent and they provide a fantastic collection of information, warranties, user guides and are ready to help.

Their sales as "no hype" and easy to deal with.

Installed in 1/2 day

Installed within a reasonable time from agreement, worksmanship to good standard, on-site supervisor was agreeable and helpful. I opted for extra Bluetooth facility which was installed and explained during the initial installation.

Excellent service from start to finish

Fast, friendly, customer focussed attention from first contact right through to completion.. The team at Ahlec Solar certainly know how to provide top notch customer service whilst providing clear and honest advice which allowed us to choose a good quality system at a competitive price. Installation was quick with no mess or fuss. We chose Ahlec based on their previous reviews and we ertainly weren't disappointed. We'd have no hesitation in recommending them to our family and friends.
Thanks again to Amy, Austin, Andy, Alex and all the team at Ahlec, great job!

Very easy people to deal with and installation from Ahlec very well done very clean tradesmen and helpful

Excellent service

The purchase of solar panels is not as simple as some of the TV ads would have us believe. For the ordinary householder (like me) there is a lot to learn about siting the panels, allowance for shade, type and quality of inverter, and suitability of different types of roof. Working my way through these issues was not helped by a body corporate which might be politely described as unhelpful to the point of being obstructive. Throughout this process the Ahlec team behaved with exemplary support. They responded patiently to my frequent questions and were always ready to draw up a modified installation to cope with the frequent changes forced on me by local requirements.
The installation team was polite, helpful and friendly. Follow-up with grid connection was prompt.
I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Original Review on 22-05-2020:

Really great team

The Ahlec team from start to finish were professional, factual and when installing great to be around. There were 3 guys doing the installation (one was the electrician) all three answered our on hte spot questions, explained the system and how it works best. When to get our optimum use out of the system with using bigger use machines...

Overall very satisfied.

8 months later we asked Louise : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has worked well. At first we were troubled as we were still receiving large power bills, but as this was middle to end of winter, our supplier Ahlec, explained this was unfortunately 'normal'. However once we got full sun and summer days our bills dropped dramatically as the solar system began to work as intended.

We are still looking to the day when all power is free and we are not charged 'service' fee's from the power company.

Our Solar supplier Ahlec has been fantastic and although there is no need for after sales/installation follow up - due to the system being automated - Ahlec have always been at the other end of the phone to answer any questions we had during the beginning of our journey. Thoroughly recommend them and the system we are using.

Original Review on 21-04-2020:

Happy with the service given the decision delays.

We have been waiting a very Long time for Energix approval. It has taken about six weeks. Austin our consultant says this is unusual. I wonder if it has anything to do with the current lockdown and them not wanting any extra supplies? Original ratings

9 months later we asked Roy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes the amount of output has been excellent.

Did what they said would do when they said they would do it

Everything arranged by installer inclusive of meter upgrade. Too easy on my part.

Efficient Patient Trustworthy Solar Installation Company

The sales person came for a site visit and discussed the problems I was facing with the shading of my existing solar panels. I had just put in a heat pump water heater to save on energy consumption and the sales person made an effort to come back a week later to take the meter reading and compared it with the reading he took the week before. He was then in a better position to advise me on what to do and confirmed his recommendation of using my existing 5 kWh solar system and combining it with a new 4.07kWh system was the right way to go to save more money in the long run. I had a few other questions after the quote which was answered well and I was satisfied and at eased to go ahead with AHLEC Solar.
The installers came at the time promised and was very efficient with their workmanship. They took pride in their work and left my place looking like it was before they came. We had a problem with one of the smart meters and after 2 hours on the phone with the technical guy trying to solve the problem, it was determine that 1 of the 2 smart meters were faulty. As it was Friday, 5:00pm, the installer had to leave and come back with a replacement smart meter on Monday. As promised, he called to make an appointment and came to rectify the problem a few hours later. He even helped me to install the app on my iPhone for monitoring the current and made sure that it worked before he left.
The customer service was fast and very responsive. The manuals, warranties and certificates were made available for download almost immediately and when I had some missing documents, it was found within the day and sent to me. All the grid connection and monitoring were all taken care of for me. I was told to contact the sales person once I get my next electricity bill so that he can share the saving of my decision to go with his recommendations.
I am very happy and now I can't stop looking at my screen to monitor the power my solar panels are producing, how much I self consuming and how much I am pushing back to the grid.
Thank you AHLEC Solar. Great job!

Great family company, nothing too much trouble, great service

Austin the salesman came out to our house to give us a quote. the other two companies we got quotes off did so over the phone. Austin was very friendly but professional and knew what he was talking about. He gave us various options and told us to think about it and he would be in touch. No pushy salesman here.Were were having a lot of computer problems at the time so Austin the salesman came to our house to do the quote. (The other two companies we got quotes off did so over the phone) He was very friendly, but professional. He gave us several options and said he`d email us the quotes.We were having a lot of computer problems at the time and couldn`t access the quotes so he hand delivered them to us.Nothing was too much trouble. He gave us time to consider the quotes- no pushy salesman here.

Once we made our decision, the installation process was soon organized.
Sam and his two helpers were very punctual. They were a good team, worked well together, were very friendly and polite. The place was immaculate when they left.The solar panels looked terrific and so did the inverter. We were very pleased with their job.
They organized the grid connection after the installation and gave us a number to give to our electrical supplier to speed up the connection process. .
We have no hesitation in recommending Ahlec Pty Ltd for anyone wishing to install solar.
A job well done guys. Many thanks.

Geoff and Shona

Excellent

From the initial contact with Ahlec Pty Ltd - Austin regarding the assessment and the quotation to the Installation with Sam and his Team you just knew these guys are very good at what they do - Solar
They certainly proved it - Excellent

Original Review on 07-12-2019:

Very happy with our solar installation and the whole process of getting it

Ahlec are a very professional, capable team and the sales person and installer were very communicative and accessable Original ratings

12 months later we asked Mandy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it’s great

Professional service with great pleasant team

We have been very impressed with your team who installed the solar panels. They were very professional, courteous and we would be very happy to recommend your business to our friends and family.