Ahlec Pty Ltd

Ahlec Pty Ltd Reviews

Ahlec Solar is a family owned business based on the Sunshine coast that has been installing Solar PV across Queensland since 2010.

- We do not use sub-contractors, with all of our installations carried out by our own in house electricians.

- We are licensed electrical contractors which means that we can and do employ our own teams of installers to carry out the work.

- The whole process is carried out in house from a site visit to explain how Solar PV will work for you right through to completion of the Solar system installation as well as a post installation follow up service.

- As Solar installers we have carried out many thousands of Solar PV installations which is why we really understand Solar PV.

- We supply Solar PV systems which are grid connected and we also supply off grid solar systems with batteries for the more remote situations.

Reviewers report paying: $3,990 - $12,225 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Ahlec Pty Ltd Reviews (177)

Fantastic and very caring family business

Fantastic and very caring family business. Everything was executed perfectly, professional, knowledgeable and friendly team. They make you feel great about your purchase and energy lifestyle decision . Communication and customer service is excellent, i know they will always be there for us. That's gold to me

Great job.

Friendly installers, on time and all details explained clearly.
Initial consultation with sales rep, Austin, informative and helped me
Make the decision.

Ahlec solar install.

Ahlec were very professional, courteous, and prompt in all aspects of this job. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Awesome Experience

From the first contact right through to the installation and after sales contact, the whole Ahlec team have been knowledgeable, helpful and great to deal with. I would definitely recommend Ahlec to anyone looking to install solar. Thanks!!

Top quality installer

Excellent service and quality workmanship, I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

Great wholesome family business

I have no complaints whatsoever about Ahlec and their professional crew. Would not hesitate to recommend!

Ahlec is a great Company of professionals in solar energy

Every aspect of this job from Quoting and options by Austin, managing implementation by Andy to the highly professional young team of installers was amazing. We had to do nothing from the point of agreeing on the design and quote including all aspects of connection to house, energy provider advice etc

Fantastic job!

Couldn't have asked for an easier process, from the initial meeting to the completion of installation everything went smoothly.

Quality Products & Installation From a Family Owned Professional Team That You Can Certainly Trust!

We originally received 3 quotes from 3 excellent sales people whose prices and options were quite similar to each other. Once you decide to look at all possible options, the prices can vary considerably. Due to a few slightly shaded areas in the morning and afternoons, we elected to have 17 panels along the top edge of our main roof and 7 tilted panels along the rear patio roof.

Our installers were amazing but is understandable as 2 of the team were family members who were able to ensure everything went smoothly, no mess was left behind and everything explained in simple English. You really couldn't ask for anyone better. Well done guys, you deserved the brown lemonades!

Our salesman, Austin was amazing and explained a few issues that cropped up about our potential installation and which made the decision to choose optimised panels a little easier, despite the additional cost. His ongoing assistance and willingness to continue answering questions is also really appreciated.

We're also glad we chose a larger system as on cloudy days, (which have been far too frequent so far in March 2021), a smaller system simply wouldn't cope with our daily needs. Our best day was 55.97 kWh on 25/2/21 while our worst was 8.09 kWh on 17/3/21. Our average for March has been around 30 kWh which is a little disappointing but we are experiencing the La Nina effect so that may improve over time.

Overall, we are thrilled with our choice and hope that our current F.I.T. remains in place for a long time to come. That should enable us to amortize the cost over a 4 year period.

Nice work guys!

Very satisfied

The salesperson answered all my queries and the company performed the installation very efficiently. I am still waiting on AGL to do the changeover but that is due to happen next week. Thus far I am a very satisfied customer.

Andys solar rescue

Home & Energy installed my neighbours solar and were very happy with all aspects of the process. We contacted them and had their sales guy Gareth came out and talked to us about how they could help us as we had an existing system which had failed
We talked about all Gareth had told us and after looking at all the other quotes( one company only sent a quote and did not visit) all the rest came to visit and were helpful informative and generous with their time. H&E were happy to come back to see us to answer our follow up questions. Their quote was lower than the others and with good quality equipment -panels,inverter and optimisers.
On Gareth's recommendation we also installed an electric HWS and did away with the old gas system- saving about $1000 per year. Now the HWS and pool pump run during the day on their timers on the solar system. The system is a 9.7 kWh system as we have a lot of tree shade to contend with and will get worse as winter comes on. We hope to reduce our energy consumption by at least half. We were very pleased with the quality of work, the promptness of installation and the professionalism of all aspects of the work. They also put us onto a solar boost plan with Origin( our supplier) with a fit of 20c/ kWh and supply cost of 25c/kWh. We are averaging 30kWh per day so far and are waiting for our next Energex bill.
Thanks for all the info you put on solar quotes it was very helpful and gave us the push we needed to get started. Hope this feedback helps.
PS the solar guy who only quoted was Accord Electrical & Solar. Their quote was fairly high.

Original Review on 09-07-2020:

An enjoyable and stressless solar experience

Let’s face it - understanding the world of solar is not easy!

But our experience in dealing with Ahlec on the Sunshine Coast has been a very positive one. From the very first sales experience to acceptance of our order, to installation and after sales service, we have been delighted with the team from Ahlec.

We have no hesitation in recommending this business for anyone considering solar installation on the Sunshine Coast.

8 months later we asked Ken: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system HAS exceeded our expectations, both in its efficiency and the financial benefits we are receiving from the system.

Excellent ...

This was our second engagement with Ahlec. As anticipated, the overall products and services were excellent ...

Fantastic professional service

After 18 months of research and a total minefield of information. I decided to proceed with Ahlec Solar & Electrical. Family owned and operated was the first plus for me. Ahlec solar turned out to be Honest, Reliable, Professional and extremely knowledgeable.
I would have no problems recommending them to anyone.
Do yourself a favour. Support a local family owned and operated business. 10 out of 10.

Original Review on 12-08-2020:

A Company I Can Trust

My decision to go with Ahlec was based on their proven track record of installing solar systems via large numbers of positive client feedback, maintaining high standards via their strong links to CEC and Solar Quotes, the professional and accurate advice given on what system would be best for me and finally, who would provide the best level of customer service to maintain my system. Now that the system has been installed, I am glad I chose Ahlec. The entire Ahlec team were fantastic and did everything from pre-installation to completion. I look forward to many years of quality customer service. Original ratings

7 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. I'm very happy with the system. My solar returns have exceeded my expectations.

Excellent Service, Quality and Follow Up

I received quotes from four companies.

AHLEC were the only company to note some important details about our property and the advice Andrew gave was helpful, saving us money. They seemed actually interested in helping rather than just selling a solar system.

The installers were excellent and communicated well. The job quality is perfect.

The follow-up from AHLEC is excellent and they provide a fantastic collection of information, warranties, user guides and are ready to help.

Their sales as "no hype" and easy to deal with.

Installed in 1/2 day

Installed within a reasonable time from agreement, worksmanship to good standard, on-site supervisor was agreeable and helpful. I opted for extra Bluetooth facility which was installed and explained during the initial installation.

Excellent service from start to finish

Fast, friendly, customer focussed attention from first contact right through to completion.. The team at Ahlec Solar certainly know how to provide top notch customer service whilst providing clear and honest advice which allowed us to choose a good quality system at a competitive price. Installation was quick with no mess or fuss. We chose Ahlec based on their previous reviews and we ertainly weren't disappointed. We'd have no hesitation in recommending them to our family and friends.
Thanks again to Amy, Austin, Andy, Alex and all the team at Ahlec, great job!

Very easy people to deal with and installation from Ahlec very well done very clean tradesmen and helpful

Excellent service

The purchase of solar panels is not as simple as some of the TV ads would have us believe. For the ordinary householder (like me) there is a lot to learn about siting the panels, allowance for shade, type and quality of inverter, and suitability of different types of roof. Working my way through these issues was not helped by a body corporate which might be politely described as unhelpful to the point of being obstructive. Throughout this process the Ahlec team behaved with exemplary support. They responded patiently to my frequent questions and were always ready to draw up a modified installation to cope with the frequent changes forced on me by local requirements.
The installation team was polite, helpful and friendly. Follow-up with grid connection was prompt.
I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Original Review on 22-05-2020:

Really great team

The Ahlec team from start to finish were professional, factual and when installing great to be around. There were 3 guys doing the installation (one was the electrician) all three answered our on hte spot questions, explained the system and how it works best. When to get our optimum use out of the system with using bigger use machines...

Overall very satisfied.

8 months later we asked Louise : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has worked well. At first we were troubled as we were still receiving large power bills, but as this was middle to end of winter, our supplier Ahlec, explained this was unfortunately 'normal'. However once we got full sun and summer days our bills dropped dramatically as the solar system began to work as intended.

We are still looking to the day when all power is free and we are not charged 'service' fee's from the power company.

Our Solar supplier Ahlec has been fantastic and although there is no need for after sales/installation follow up - due to the system being automated - Ahlec have always been at the other end of the phone to answer any questions we had during the beginning of our journey. Thoroughly recommend them and the system we are using.

Original Review on 21-04-2020:

Happy with the service given the decision delays.

We have been waiting a very Long time for Energix approval. It has taken about six weeks. Austin our consultant says this is unusual. I wonder if it has anything to do with the current lockdown and them not wanting any extra supplies? Original ratings

9 months later we asked Roy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes the amount of output has been excellent.

Did what they said would do when they said they would do it

Everything arranged by installer inclusive of meter upgrade. Too easy on my part.

Very happy with final result. After sales service has been excellent

The quoting process was straightforward and easy to follow the various options. Installation was seamless; it was a very hot day but the staff of Ahlec (not sub-contractors, by the way) were terrific. Grid connection was all done before they left. I then had subsequent issues with the App not showing full data on feed-in etc. This was really well managed by Ahlec, who contacted Sungrow a number of times to have the issue sorted. This included two return visits to my property. Customer service A+

Efficient Patient Trustworthy Solar Installation Company

The sales person came for a site visit and discussed the problems I was facing with the shading of my existing solar panels. I had just put in a heat pump water heater to save on energy consumption and the sales person made an effort to come back a week later to take the meter reading and compared it with the reading he took the week before. He was then in a better position to advise me on what to do and confirmed his recommendation of using my existing 5 kWh solar system and combining it with a new 4.07kWh system was the right way to go to save more money in the long run. I had a few other questions after the quote which was answered well and I was satisfied and at eased to go ahead with AHLEC Solar.
The installers came at the time promised and was very efficient with their workmanship. They took pride in their work and left my place looking like it was before they came. We had a problem with one of the smart meters and after 2 hours on the phone with the technical guy trying to solve the problem, it was determine that 1 of the 2 smart meters were faulty. As it was Friday, 5:00pm, the installer had to leave and come back with a replacement smart meter on Monday. As promised, he called to make an appointment and came to rectify the problem a few hours later. He even helped me to install the app on my iPhone for monitoring the current and made sure that it worked before he left.
The customer service was fast and very responsive. The manuals, warranties and certificates were made available for download almost immediately and when I had some missing documents, it was found within the day and sent to me. All the grid connection and monitoring were all taken care of for me. I was told to contact the sales person once I get my next electricity bill so that he can share the saving of my decision to go with his recommendations.
I am very happy and now I can't stop looking at my screen to monitor the power my solar panels are producing, how much I self consuming and how much I am pushing back to the grid.
Thank you AHLEC Solar. Great job!

Great family company, nothing too much trouble, great service

Austin the salesman came out to our house to give us a quote. the other two companies we got quotes off did so over the phone. Austin was very friendly but professional and knew what he was talking about. He gave us various options and told us to think about it and he would be in touch. No pushy salesman here.Were were having a lot of computer problems at the time so Austin the salesman came to our house to do the quote. (The other two companies we got quotes off did so over the phone) He was very friendly, but professional. He gave us several options and said he`d email us the quotes.We were having a lot of computer problems at the time and couldn`t access the quotes so he hand delivered them to us.Nothing was too much trouble. He gave us time to consider the quotes- no pushy salesman here.

Once we made our decision, the installation process was soon organized.
Sam and his two helpers were very punctual. They were a good team, worked well together, were very friendly and polite. The place was immaculate when they left.The solar panels looked terrific and so did the inverter. We were very pleased with their job.
They organized the grid connection after the installation and gave us a number to give to our electrical supplier to speed up the connection process. .
We have no hesitation in recommending Ahlec Pty Ltd for anyone wishing to install solar.
A job well done guys. Many thanks.

Geoff and Shona

Excellent

From the initial contact with Ahlec Pty Ltd - Austin regarding the assessment and the quotation to the Installation with Sam and his Team you just knew these guys are very good at what they do - Solar
They certainly proved it - Excellent

Original Review on 07-12-2019:

Very happy with our solar installation and the whole process of getting it

Ahlec are a very professional, capable team and the sales person and installer were very communicative and accessable Original ratings

12 months later we asked Mandy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it’s great

Professional service with great pleasant team

We have been very impressed with your team who installed the solar panels. They were very professional, courteous and we would be very happy to recommend your business to our friends and family.

Great professional service

Down to earth, and realistic scoping and quoting of my system, no 'salesman' talk. Prompt, professional pdf quote delivered to my email.

Installation crews were great and very professional.

Great aftersales comms and offer for future support

Original Review on 06-05-2020:

Solar Installation - Little Mountain

The Ahlec representative spent plenty of time with me at our first meeting explaining solar and all that goes with it. Quotation was received promptly. Accord Electrical were not too bad in also spending time explaining the ins and outs of it all. Regrettably Expert Electrical did not contact me for an appointment even though I did receive an email from them indicating they would be in touch.

No major issues with installation. It was a pleasure having the Ahlec employees working at our home.

Ahlec have been very supportive throughout the entire process.

6 months later we asked Christopher: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. The system has performed exceptionally well. Our monthly costs have dramatically reduced.

Quality install with great communication.

The sales person was very well informed and provided very good advice. They were not pushy at all. The install team were well organised and the supervisor provided very good communication throughout the day. Also they provided us with all the information we needed about the whole system. A quality instal at a great price.

Great value quality system installed promptly

Ahlec provided a superior sales experience with clear concise answers to questions and guidance throughout the sales process. The installation team were well trained, knowledgeable and very well mannered. There appeared to be a breakdown in their internal communication regarding protecting the very thin roof on our shed that left the sheeting with some damage but in all other regards I could not fault the people or process and would recommend them as one company to consider when buying solar.

Fully detailed quote, quality components and a neat professional installation.

Solarquotes really prepared me prior to obtaining quotes. Installer chosen fully covered all my questions as well as suggesting a few modifications such as series parallel to combat late afternoon sun.

‘Ahlec’ arrived on time as promised. The installers, led by Sam were fast, neat and knowledgable and fully cleaned up after they had finished.
‘Ahlec’ organised all grid connections, together with the application to provide a smart meter as well as providing some tips as to how to speed up the process.

Original Review on 02-03-2020:

Great installers

Ahlec have good staff covering each stage of the process so you can be confident the end product meets your expectations.
They took extra care with the instal so the end product not only does the job but looks good too.

8 months later we asked Chris: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

So far each bill has been small credits. Happy that we no longer have to worry about electricity bills.

Great advice, great installation

I have recently had an off-grid solar system installed by Ahlec Solar. I had been discussion system options with Ahlec for many years and was grateful for their honest and professional advice. Having eventually deciding to take the plunge, I couldn't be happier with the final product. Andy and the team from Ahlec provided me with a personalised system design, answered all of my questions with patience and completed the install in a timely manner. Its only been a few weeks, but their after service care seems to be in the same vein. I cannot recommend Ahlec Solar any more highly.

Original Review on 25-02-2020:

Very good quoting ! NOT pushy! Young installers were punctual , curtious Proffesional .. After sales follow up still to happen , when we get our first Energy bill. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Lynette: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Best money I've ever spent!

Best money I've ever spent, I did alot of research and Ahlec came across far more knowledgeable, friendly and professional than any of the rest. The main reason I chose Ahlec is because I wanted the maximum amout of solar power on my shed without having any on my home because of bad angles and tree shadowing. Austin was amazing and customized a package for me to get the most power from the shed roof space with quality equipment and at an great price. Just got my latest bill and running at credit now.

The installers were also amazing and turned up when they said they would and got the job done with no fuss and took the time to talk me through everything.

I will now be saving for battery power storage soon from Ahlec.

Ahlec have my vote!

Smooth from the beginning, AHLEC was a recommendation from a friend & we are so glad we went with them. We had 3 visits & quotes prior which we're very pushy & definitely an overservice . AHLEC on the other hand we're amazing at explaining everything in detail, their system was exactly what we we're after and the pricing was very, very reasonable. The guys who performed the installation we're punctual, polite & easy to talk to, nothing was a worry for them & hard workers too! Would highly recommend the team at AHLEC solar. We had actually come to the conclusion that we couldn't afford solar until we got an estimate for instal through these guys so thankyou for making it possible!

Great service.

sales/quoting process was good. i did miss one of the contacts as it was via email and went to my junk folder. found it a couple of days later.

Installation was great. they went above and beyond.

The customer service was great.

Fantastic service

Ahlec Solar well deserve their place as a Solar Quotes recommended installer. Service was personable, prompt and efficient throughout. After Ahlec carried out a SunEye shade survey, we were furnished with quotes using an online tool that presented the estimated monthly performance and electricity savings of 4 suggested systems. The online tool allowed easy comparison of the costs and benefits of each solar system. Ahlec also facilitated communications with our electricity supplier.

Great company to deal with, would recommend.

From first contact with Austin I was impressed with this company.
Price was good, there was no pressure to sign up, just useful information. Everything was done when promised and the installation team did a fantastic job and were willing to consult and listen.
Very happy.
Shane, Cooloola Cove

Great Company.

Everything completed quickly quietly and efficiently. All work neat and tidy. Arived punctually.

Happy customer

We were unsure which company to choose for our solar installation until we met with Austin from Ahlec Solar. His help and extensive knowledge assisted us in choosing the most suitable system for our needs. The installation was efficient, and we were happy to have the Ahlec team working at our home which was left clean and tidy. Ahlec organised the meter change, and the follow through advice from Austin in selecting the most cost-effective retailer to make the most of our new system has been appreciated. All up we would not hesitate to recommend Ahlec Solar for a professional and hassle-free solar installation.

Highly Recommended Supplier & Installer

Quoting process provided all the information needed. Size of system, options of components, good price, friendly advice.
The installation went smoothly, finished just after midday, site left clean & tidy.
All the information on the system was provided and the grid connection application and meter swap was arranged by the installer.

Professionalism at its Best

Fantastic salesperson. Received quote & stayed within the parameters of original quote. Kept in Touch after I made my decision. Installers on time & kept me informed of process. Very professional from start to finish.

Original Review on 19-01-2020:

Top Firm

Seamless process from quotation to installation. Professional and courteous. Thoroughly recommended. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Geoff: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

yes. We have not paid an electricity bill since installation,

Great Installation

Sales quote was honest & transparent. Very professional install - on time, clean & tidy, simple explanation on what was being done. Overall customer service has been fantastic to date. Any issues/questions have been addressed quickly.

A hidden gem in the solar world

You want to install solar, but where do you start? Facebook adds, TV adds, google, recommendations from friends and family. KWs, FITs, inverters etc. are just a few new words that you need to add to your vocabulary. This is all too complex so you will start to focus on advertised cost: $2999 for a 5KW system, $3999 for a 6 KW system and you make your decision purely based on the price. I did that mistake and it wasn't a pleasant one but fortunately I managed to get my money back.

This is where I need to give credits to solarquotes.com.au as well, because I learned all the essential knowledge of the website and in the end made the right decision.

Ahlec was one of three solar companies who were in my top three list. All three companies offered similar products (make and model of solar panels and inverters) and were very similar in price. The decider however was the excellent level of ongoing customer service I got from Ahlec (in particular Austin) who answered all my questions, queries and addressed my concerns. Austin was patient and always replied to my emails promptly over a period of about 4 months until I made my final decision.

No deposit and payment after installation?!? Sounded a little out of the ordinary given that other solar companies charge either a 10% deposit or $1000. However, there was no catch at all. A signature on the formal quote is all that is required to lock in the deal.

When I was ready for installation I gave Ahlec a call and I started speaking to Andy, who always made me feel like a valued customer. Arranging an installation time was easy and Andy was able to accommodate my desired time schedule. To be fair on Ahlec please give them about 4 weeks notice so that they can arrange the installation because you are not the only one who is receiving the solar panels. A few days out from installation Andy called me and inquired about a few numbers on my meter box, which he talked me through step by step. He will organise the application with Energex and everything runs smoothly in the background, while you wait for your solar panels.

On the day of installation two very well presented tradesmen (Sam and Elliot) arrived at my door step punctual and on time. They introduced themselves and got on with their job. To be fair on them make sure that you have working wifi connection so that Sam can install the inverter (if it has wifi capability) correctly. Both Sam and Elliot worked in a very professional, organised, structured and tidy manner. Their conduct precisely represented the level of customer service you get from the office staff at Ahlec and you can be sure to be in good hands during the installation. Upon completion of the installation Sam ran me through the app and/or website that you can use to monitor your Fronius inverter; the electricity consumption and production, the amount you feed back to the grid. Ahlec will do it for you, but if you want to be pro-active jump on the solarweb.com website and set up your account (if you have a Fronius inverter). In addition Sam ran me through the turn-off procedure of the solar system in the even of an emergency and advised me on some maintenance tips of the solar panels (hosing them down with water every so often, if it doesn't rain).

A few days later Amy send me an email and very kindly explained the paperwork to me and guided me through the admin process post-installation. Very easy and all the paperwork that you might be interested in will be sent to you via dropbox. Like Austin, Andy, Sam and Elliot, Amy was friendly, polite and professional in replying to my emails.

I couldn't be happier with my solar panels/system and I couldn't be happier for having chosen Ahlec as my solar installer. Even now that the installation is complete I am under their guard as they watch and monitor my system, come to check on it and are available for any queries that you might have during your solar experience. An absolute 'gem' in the solar world and Ahlec by far outruns other big solar companies who are just after your money and profit. Ahlec is a little but very efficient family run business and you should not underestimate their proven experience and expertise in their field of work.

I have told all my friends and family about Ahlec and will strongly recommend them. If I was to do it again I would chose Ahlec in a heart beat.

Looking for an amazing, efficient, trustworthy, professional, high quality and customer oriented solar experience?

Chose Ahlec.

A business that prides itself on customer service

A family based business that prides itself on customer service and communication. Right from the initial contact all the way through to after sale/installation service it was so reassuring that I knew I was getting exactly what I was paying for.
Quality, support and peace of mind .
So hard to find in today’s world.. Well done and exceeded my expectations