Essential Energy Solutions Pty Ltd Reviews

About Essential Energy Solutions Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

Essential Energy Solutions Pty Ltd
Platinum Partner
Essential Energy Solutions Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 17 124 772 166  ABN active since 01 Apr 2012 | The Trustee For The Benson Family Trust
ACN: 155 993 052  ACN active since 29 Feb 2012 | Essential Energy Solutions Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
QLD: 74913 Essential Energy Solutions Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,420 - $7,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Operating since 2007, Essential Energy Solutions has helped over 3000 homes and small businesses around the Gold Coast & Brisbane areas, reduce their electricity bills & carbon emissions by installing PV Solar & LED lighting.

All Essential Energy Solutions solar and general electrical work is completed by our own teams, we do not sub contract any work, which means high quality workmanship & good communication.

Our electricians have electrical & solar licenses as a minimum and all hybrid & off-grid installations are completed by electricians with the relevant qualifications.

We confidentially offer a 10 year workmanship warranty on all of our work.

Essential Energy Solutions Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Amazing experience, from quote to finished installation!

Essential Energy gets it right from the get go, asking all the right questions about our power usage to giving us all the options available within our budget, to the professional installation that performs like it was stated.
The team turned up on time, were polite and friendly and after finishing, sat down to make sure we understood everything about how to operate and utilise our new solar system.
They organised everything with Energex to get us hooked up to the system, as well as follow up emails to make sure the whole process went smoothly.
A solar system is a huge investment, with long term ramifications if not done right, and for that reason We highly recommend Essential Energy for all your solar needs.

Essential Energy Solutions

Quoting was straight forward. Included a site visit and discussion of options. Price was most competitive vs other quotes given the system components.
Installation team was punctual and tidy. Installation was to my satisfaction
Apart from the issue with the 2 inverters communicating with each other, which hopefully will be rectified soon, I am happy with the install.
I'm still awaiting the changeover of my meter by my energy provider, so cannot comment on ease of grid connection yet. Unfortunately the Xmas/New Year break has fallen just after my install, so other processes are a little delayed.

Excellent company from start to finish

Essential Energy got in touch with me within 24 hours of the request to discuss the quote. Lois took initial information and arranged for Kurt to come and visit. He spent around 45 minutes asking and answering questions. He was very thorough and had a number of quotes ready within hours.

The installers led by Grant were incredibly professional. As they were installing to the five townhouses in our development, they were here for a whole week. During that time Grant gave us regular updates about issues they had found and about how the panels and inverters worked etc.

The customer services was impeccable. From Lois to Kurt to Grant and finally to Sarah who wrapped up the process by organising the paperwork for our distributor and retailer, everyone involved listened and took the time to explain every step of the process.

I have no hesitation recommending Essential Energy.

Provides good advice with competitive price

A technician first visited the property and offered solid recommendation give my situation (I already have a system that needed additional capacity).

Fast installation and competitive price.

Highly recommended.

Professional and responsive

I was happy with all three companies that SolarQuotes matched me with, and, to be honest, it was hard to choose between them. All three had great reviews and came across as professional, knowledgeable and competent. In the end I went with Essential Energy because their website seemed to be the most complete and they seemed to have been around installing solar for longest.

The sales guy who visited to provide an initial quote was very well presented and very professional. He discussed our needs at length, had a thorough look at our property, checking for potential shaded areas, etc. and offered advise on different panel and inverter manufacturers and relative warranties and costs.
Once we decided to go with Essential Energies the process was very well managed by their office. They were communicative, polite and helpful throughout. They carried out the necessary paperwork with Energex to register our system and they put us in contact with a good green loan provider getting that aspect started for us as well.
The installers were lovely guys. There was no fuss or hassle with them - they came and did the job with minimal disruption to us, and cleaned up everything after themselves. They gave us a run through of the inverter and how to turn it on and off and helped us to get set up with a Fronius account for extending the warranty and monitoring the system.
All we have to do now is wait for our meter to be reprogrammed (a process that takes a couple of weeks) and then we get our system up and running.

PS Thanks to SolarQuotes we had all the necessary information to make a well informed choice.

Highly recommended, great customer service and professional installers.

The initial site visit by Kurt was professional and informative without any pressure or hard sell, which is certainly rare these days.
Once ordered, the job was scheduled, confirmed and the relevant authorities notified the next day.
The scheduled install date was met and Matt and his team just got on with the job like a well oiled machine, even in 36 deg. heat.
The next day Mitch and co. completed the electrical work without fuss and left behind nothing but a neat and tidy install.
Highly recommended.

Excellent service and Installation.

Essential Energy Solutions provided a very professional service from initial contact to the installation of our Solar power system. They use only high-quality panels and inverters and offer a good price range to suit your budget. They provided an on-site inspection and explained the whole planning process clearly and responded promptly to all email inquiries. Installation was done to a very high standard and the tradesmen left the site clean. The system works great and very happy with our power generation numbers.
After the install they handled the paperwork for the new power meter to be fitted.
I can highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a Solar power system living on the Gold Coast or surrounding areas.

Great installer

Quotation was explained clearly. Good customer service, explained everything well. Punctual and professional. Show additional information

Good value and great service

The sales experience was both pleasant and informative and without a high pressure pitch. I felt that I was listened to and was presented with a range of options to choose from that matched my requirements. The installation was a breeze. They even fixed up a couple of broken roof tiles that I was not aware of. I was kept informed throughout the process - from the initial sale to the connection to the grid. Show additional information

Very Professional Company & Installer

We had the main boss man around in the quoting stage. He came across as professional, sincere and I felt knew his stuff and operated a good company. Their quote was not the cheapest for the same inverter, panels and installation compared with another quotation we had for same ($600 dearer!), and also we also had to wait approx 5 weeks for our installation, but we decided that Essential Energy Solutions based on the Gold Coast was the right company for us for our solar instalation and would be around in years to come etc. Regarding our installation, the two installers who turned up on time and did our installation were professional in their workmanship, tidy and very polite with communication etc. I couldn't fault them. Although I am still awaiting my electricity smart meter to be installed by Origin, they took care of everything for me and explained the process well. I would recommend them if you live in the Gold Coast. Show additional information

Excellent. Quick, efficient and tidy

Customer service was good, some problems encountered with emails, but all in all the communication has been effective. The system itself has only been on there for 3 days and appears to be working efficiently. It was not an easy install as it is a small roof with East and west facing only. 3 Optimisers required. I still have to get retailer to fix meter. Show additional information

Straightforward and efficient

Original site visit was professional and easy. Installation team was great. Show additional information

Went as I thought it would

No complaints

Very thorough from sales person to installation. There was no BS from salesperson and he was honest throughout. The company said what they will do and they did it. It was a hot day on install so I appreciate the installers work. Having some issues currently with inverter operating temp but it's being addressed at the same time.

First Class Service - from sales to installation

From the initial consultation with Kurt right the way through to the installation I was very pleased with the level of communication, the attention to detail, the speediness of replies to any questions and solving little issues encountered along the way. It ended up being quite a simple and straight forward process. I particularly liked the fact that nothing was sub contracted out and was pleased to be supporting a family run, local QLD business. If I was to go through the process again in a future residence, I would definitely use them again. Show additional information

Smooth installation

Three companies quoted and EES offered the best deal. 4 weeks from signing to installation. Old 3kw system removed and new 10.2kw system installed. 6 staff members performed the installation including bird proofing. Completed in one day. Very efficient process with no hiccups. Show additional information

Highly recommended

Matt, Mitch and Dylan were Fantastic, They were friendly, quick and efficient and polite and Tidy. Highly recommend their service. Show additional information

Very helpful, good job at good price.

Quoting was good and they even came out and looked at site and explained options. Installation was done well and on time. Show additional information

5 Star Installer and Installation

We went to the market for our solar system and had a number of quotes.
Essential Energy Solutions Pty Ltd were a stand out, as they actually listened to our needs and concerns.
Essential Energy Solutions tailored a system to handle our shading issues, they also listen to where we did and didn’t want PV panels installed.
From the first meeting to the final commissioning the Essential Energy Solutions team were excellent and ever so helpful.
The installers are well trained, experienced and were ever so courteous, they executed a very neat installation in a timely manner.
We highly recommend Essential Energy Solutions, keep up the excellent work.
Thank you.

We picked Essential Energy Solutions as they seemed to understand the challenges of installing solar panels on a terracotta tile roof and I was keen to avoid damage to such an important part of our house. They have all been friendly and professional throughout and the system seems to be working well. Thank you Essential Energy Solution. Show additional information

Fantastic Service

The team for Essential Energy Solutions was extremely helpful from the person doing the quote to lay out multiple options and advice to suit the house to the install team.
Installation was prompt and professional and all the connection paperwork was submitted to energex and power retailer connections straight away.

Good experience so far

Sales Rep visited property, answered all my questions, professional quote recieved and all follow up queries addressed. Good installation crew. Show additional information

Happy with decision to use Essential Energy Solutions

Designed a layout to fit in with existing 1.5kw system even if it wasn't the easiest option (other businesses wanted to rip out the existing system). Pricing was competitive.

Suggested upgrades to ageing system (other businesses did not). Interestingly the installers said they tidied up some wires when adding the optimisers. Not sure if its the optimisers or the tidying up but performance of that system has improved substantially.

Installation crew was friendly and helpful.

Looks neat. Appears to perform pretty well too.

Best customer service and price

Of the three companies we got quotes from, Essential Energy were the only ones to come to our home. Kurt was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful, checking for possible shade issues and helping with decisions about how big a system we wanted and where to place it. His quote was significantly cheaper than the other two companies.

Lois in the office has been fantastic - we're waiting for a builder to fix a hole in our roof before installation and have been mucked-around with dates. Lois re-booked our installation twice and was friendly, understanding and helpful.

We haven't yet had installation.

Great and honest service

Great and honest service.
No hard sell, best price straight up and no hounding.
Installers were great.
Asked a follow up question after install and efficient reply.
So far can’t fault anything from start to finish.

Quality installers who love their job

Chose this company because everything was efficient, friendly, helpful and sensible price. Show additional information

Smooth from start to finish

Sales rep was prepared and informative. Ended up changing his proposal after seeing the roof in person. He provided 3 different layouts and we ended up happy with fitting as many panels on as we could. Gave us an exact date of install and even though it was 8 weeks down the track, knowing it was set in was reassuring and we were happy to wait.
Install was completed yesterday. Their workers were punctual, extremely polite with my wife meeting them and explaining what their process was. Completed same day, they worked safely, efficiently and cleanly. Very happy with the final product.
Had a walk through with Mitch and he explained all the power cut offs, usage, inverter details and apps I needed to keep track of our power. Also explained Energex's next step of meter replacing and the process was already underway from Essential.
Can not fault these guys at all. Very professional and would absolutely recommend them to anyone.

A grade process from start to finish

Process was good from start, sales person came over for the quote, he had a look at the possible sources of shade and gone trough with me discussing options and details, not even in a single point I felt pressured, we looked at the satellite pictures together and he tried to offer the best value for money, he checked my previous bills and even suggested a smaller system than I had in mind to save some money. But it was happy with my decision and worked with me to optimize space once I explained my idea of using allowing me to use more aircon and future installation of batteries if the prices improve.
Installation process was pretty straight forward, they were on time, polite, explained and worked with me for any potential changes to antenna and vent pipes. Job was completed fast having 32 panels installed in less than a day. Installation looks pretty good, cabling is done pretty neatly and I can see the properly sealed around the ducts.
Before the team left they explained what they did, how to proceed in emergency and what each new switch meant, they also gone trough the monitoring app I had for my inverter.
Costumer service was awesome, on the same day of the installation I got some extra documents (warranty, manuals, etc) and the details of the grid connection that was done. Now I am just waiting for my the energy provider to complete their part.
For the last 4 days of operation, I can see from the app that the panels are operating as expected, peaking at 85-90% of the nominal capacity which is expected due to the West orientation.

Absolute pleasure to deal with. Very professional local team

The sales team arrived on time and advised on option (I did get multiple quotes from different retailers) however, the team I went for were local, and we decided on the 7.92kW system with the 8kW Sungrow invertor.

The team arrived on time, were organised, clean and were completed by 1pm. The team explained how the system operates before leaving.

The service team I have spoken to a few time in the course of organising the installation and they have been very helpful.

They have now organised the meter swap out with Energex less than 1 hour after completion of the job.

A Painless Installation

After taking the time to come and talk about options a straightforward quote with a few options was provided in a timely fashion. My response was delayed but the (expired) original quote was honoured and the process kicked off. Same day application to the local energy distributor (accepted shortly after) and installation date estimated. Smooth and communicative.

Installation day rolled around. Installer on time and started preliminaries while others turned up: total of four guys. Spoke about where the inverter and 20 panels could go and took into consideration constraints like visibility from neighbouring units and shading. Everything went in smoothly and neatly. Installers even moved the TV antenna to avoid (minor) shading and in the process massively improved our reception. Everything was cleaned up, even some marking that was not of the installer's making.

Inverter was set up and producing before the installer left. The vendor advised the distributor, but the system is off while we wait for the retailer to switch the meter over net-metering (the slowest part of this installation).

Overall a pleasant experience worthy of a recommendation.

No fuss installation.

I appreciated having Kurt visit the site before quoting. I was all quite quick and easy with basic information provided in the quote. When I asked many more questions (based on checklists and so forth from SolarQuotes) the responses were supplied promptly and gave me what I needed to finalise my decision. The team doing the installation were polite, friendly and tidy. The hand-over at the end of the day made it clear what the next steps would be, and those steps are progressing as expected.I am now waiting for the power company to replace the old meters and enable produced electricity to go back to the grid but in the mean time the monitoring system has enabled me to adjust when the pool filter should run during the day so that most of the household consumption will be from power the new system generates. Show additional information

The staff who installed the system were knowledgeable, polite and efficient.

Very quick, informative and helpful.
Installation was on time, efficient, staff very helpful and obliging, tidy.
Yes they helped.

Great friendly service, professional installation.

Great friendly service, Kurt was excellent to deal with and explained all about the system in great detail. Professional installation was on agreed day and hassle free. Installer Matt went above and beyond in thoroughly explaining and detailing the features of the system. We are extremely happy with the company and the finished product. Show additional information

Excellent Service

Quoting process was easy, got a top quality system at a reasonable price. The installation was effortless, they arrived on time and everything went according to plan. Organised, polite and tidy. I would highly recommend Essential Energy Solutions Services. They also helped to organise the grid connection after the installation. Show additional information

Highly recommend this company for solar installation

From the outset, Essential Energy Solutions was very professional in every way. Our comprehensive quote and overview of system components was very well prepared and explained - many thanks to Dale Benson here!
The installation of the equipment was very tidy - many thanks to the team who undertook this process - and I’d particularly like to acknowledge Matt for the time he took to explain the various elements of the system, the operation of the inverter and the energy monitoring software once the installation was completed.
Through it all, the customer service and communication was faultless - always courteous, polite and professional - many thanks.
So, I have no hesitation in highly recommending Essential Energy Solutions for solar equipment and installation.

Professional, good quality and great value

Good sales process. Responsive and clear in answering our questions. Provided a solution that met our requirements - good quality and good value.
The installation team were awesome. A great bunch of young guys. Polite, informative and accommodating. Punctual and tidy. They even went that bit extra with a couple of things.
The general customer service was very good. They kept us up to date with what was happening. And answered all of our questions.

Fantastic reviews, great service, excellent value

Good sale approach, good installation and tidy. Friendly. Good customer service Show additional information

Helpful and attentive staff

Essential Energy Solutions was the only supplier to meet my brief. They were prompt, efficient and helpful. Show additional information

Very Efficient and Professional Solar Installation

Essential Energy Solutions were excellent to deal with from the quote stage through to installation.
6.6Kw System. SolarEdge 5Kw HD Wave inverter with Q Cells Q.Maxx panels.
The crew arrived at 7am, system was up and running by 2pm and the SolarEdge App tells me it has produced 10kWh already.
So far so good. :). I can highly recommend these guys.

Smooth sailing - well organised and coordinated

A professional and easy process with great customer service, responsiveness, information and advice.
An prompt initial home visit was followed by great customer care over phone and email, no pressure but excellent support.
On time installation by a friendly team with information and excellent communication,
Exceptional service and highly recommended.

Fantastic and supportive Installation Company

The entire process was fantastic. Was great to work with a family owned business that does not use sub contractors. The company organised everything for us and assisted with energy suppliers information as well. Highly recommend Essential Energy Solutions Show additional information

Thoughtful and skilled installers.

Essential Energy were very good at communicating before and after purchase. They made the selection choices easy and listened to what we wanted.
The installation was very well done with highly skilled and communicative workers.
They also installed bird proofing around the panels as an extra.

Great Service, Value for Money and very Professional

Great service throughout the whole process. The installation was very professional and the guys were helpful and polite, I can highly recommend Essential Energy Solution Show additional information

Proffesional Job

Whole process went well
I selected Essential energy based on the face to face visit from the salesperson.
Installation was flawless
Ontime, neat and tidy

Great buying experience

Seemless quote process. Professional and knowledge installers and punctual. Great customer service took time to explain things about the panel location and panels themselves. Show additional information

A job well done!

Essential provided an outstanding opportunity to get a top of the range system for a good price. The salesman was polite and knowledgeable. He listened to what we needed and advised accordingly. The support we received from the office staff was excellent and the installation day was well organised and efficient. All in all it was a painless transition from our old system to the new system. Show additional information

Good Service, Value for Money and Professional

I had a great experience with Essential Energy Solutions from initial quoting through to installation. I was looking to upgrade my existing system to current standards and add an additional 3kw to the system utilising the existing inverter.
The quoting process completed by Brad was thorough, onsite inspection and all questions answered, followed up promptly with a detailed quote within 2 days.
I had some additional queries following the quote that Troy was able to answer promptly and researched additional information on my existing inverter.
The installation went smoothly with he guys arriving as scheduled and leaving the site clean and tidy.

After receiving an initial quote which was approx. $1,200 more expensive for the same system, I'm very happy I inquired with solarquotes in having Essential Energy Solutions recommended to me

These whole team was very professional, very friendly, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them .

Professional Installation

This company was knowledgeable and professional from start to finish. The support from the sales, office and installation was excellent. Any question were handled professionally and answered quickly (believe me we had a lot:)
However we are still waiting for Origin Energy to supply the meter.

Good interaction, competitive price, excellent install

Very rapid response to enquiry. Brad, ex on the tools sparky, very straight forward not pushy consultation. Plenty of information on the products tier 1 mid range price and quality which is what I was after. Competitive but not cheapest price but was persuaded by length of service of company and knowledge of the products (got some experienced technical advice on use of optimisers/strings that other bidders did not seem to appreciate). Slightly complicated 3 sided roof and 3 story roof install executed without a problem by friendly inhouse team. Some issues with deign and installation sorted out on the day without stress. Initial teething problem with the Sungrow app sorted out by visit from sparky and made adjustments. Satisfied with production so far. Show additional information

All round good value

Pretty much matter of fact. Only ever had contact with the receptionist. Installation was excellent, no complaints. Would have preferred more consultation re the fact that the system is a 6.6KW although I can never put in more than 5KW to the grid due to the limitations of the inverter. I have an excellent roof and would easily exceed the the 5KW in summer. Had I known this I would have gone for a different inverter. This has marred an almost perfect purchase. Show additional information

Exceptional service

Essential Energy Solutions has been a real pleasure to do business with. Their quote was done thoroughly, full inspection and all questions answered, followed up promptly with a detailed quote plus component information literature. A date was set for installation about 6 weeks from the quote, and they arrived on the dot of 7am .
All went straight to work, with a metre box re-location and update to be done as well. By 3:30 pm all was completed : 27 Phono 330w panels, 2 Sungrow Inverters ( wi-fi), tilt frames attached to metal roof with no holes bored.
The service could not be faulted in any way, and I received full instructions on completion.
Very neat installation , made sure everything was working, assured us that they were just a phone call away if we needed any info or instruction.
Received a reference number the next morning to confirm with our electricity provider.

These guys are very professional, very friendly, very reassuring, and I wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend them .
We live on the Gold Coast.