Essential Energy Solutions Pty Ltd Reviews

About Essential Energy Solutions Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

Essential Energy Solutions Pty Ltd
Platinum Partner
Essential Energy Solutions Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 17 124 772 166  ABN active since 01 Apr 2012 | The Trustee For The Benson Family Trust
ACN: 155 993 052  ACN active since 29 Feb 2012 | Essential Energy Solutions Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
QLD: 74913 Essential Energy Solutions Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,740 - $8,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Operating since 2007, Essential Energy Solutions has helped over 3000 homes and small businesses around the Gold Coast & Brisbane areas, reduce their electricity bills & carbon emissions by installing PV Solar & LED lighting.

All Essential Energy Solutions solar and general electrical work is completed by our own teams, we do not sub contract any work, which means high quality workmanship & good communication.

Our electricians have electrical & solar licenses as a minimum and all hybrid & off-grid installations are completed by electricians with the relevant qualifications.

We confidentially offer a 10 year workmanship warranty on all of our work.

Essential Energy Solutions Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Quality installers who love their job

Chose this company because everything was efficient, friendly, helpful and sensible price. Show additional information

Smooth from start to finish

Sales rep was prepared and informative. Ended up changing his proposal after seeing the roof in person. He provided 3 different layouts and we ended up happy with fitting as many panels on as we could. Gave us an exact date of install and even though it was 8 weeks down the track, knowing it was set in was reassuring and we were happy to wait.
Install was completed yesterday. Their workers were punctual, extremely polite with my wife meeting them and explaining what their process was. Completed same day, they worked safely, efficiently and cleanly. Very happy with the final product.
Had a walk through with Mitch and he explained all the power cut offs, usage, inverter details and apps I needed to keep track of our power. Also explained Energex's next step of meter replacing and the process was already underway from Essential.
Can not fault these guys at all. Very professional and would absolutely recommend them to anyone.

A grade process from start to finish

Process was good from start, sales person came over for the quote, he had a look at the possible sources of shade and gone trough with me discussing options and details, not even in a single point I felt pressured, we looked at the satellite pictures together and he tried to offer the best value for money, he checked my previous bills and even suggested a smaller system than I had in mind to save some money. But it was happy with my decision and worked with me to optimize space once I explained my idea of using allowing me to use more aircon and future installation of batteries if the prices improve.
Installation process was pretty straight forward, they were on time, polite, explained and worked with me for any potential changes to antenna and vent pipes. Job was completed fast having 32 panels installed in less than a day. Installation looks pretty good, cabling is done pretty neatly and I can see the properly sealed around the ducts.
Before the team left they explained what they did, how to proceed in emergency and what each new switch meant, they also gone trough the monitoring app I had for my inverter.
Costumer service was awesome, on the same day of the installation I got some extra documents (warranty, manuals, etc) and the details of the grid connection that was done. Now I am just waiting for my the energy provider to complete their part.
For the last 4 days of operation, I can see from the app that the panels are operating as expected, peaking at 85-90% of the nominal capacity which is expected due to the West orientation.

Absolute pleasure to deal with. Very professional local team

The sales team arrived on time and advised on option (I did get multiple quotes from different retailers) however, the team I went for were local, and we decided on the 7.92kW system with the 8kW Sungrow invertor.

The team arrived on time, were organised, clean and were completed by 1pm. The team explained how the system operates before leaving.

The service team I have spoken to a few time in the course of organising the installation and they have been very helpful.

They have now organised the meter swap out with Energex less than 1 hour after completion of the job.

A Painless Installation

After taking the time to come and talk about options a straightforward quote with a few options was provided in a timely fashion. My response was delayed but the (expired) original quote was honoured and the process kicked off. Same day application to the local energy distributor (accepted shortly after) and installation date estimated. Smooth and communicative.

Installation day rolled around. Installer on time and started preliminaries while others turned up: total of four guys. Spoke about where the inverter and 20 panels could go and took into consideration constraints like visibility from neighbouring units and shading. Everything went in smoothly and neatly. Installers even moved the TV antenna to avoid (minor) shading and in the process massively improved our reception. Everything was cleaned up, even some marking that was not of the installer's making.

Inverter was set up and producing before the installer left. The vendor advised the distributor, but the system is off while we wait for the retailer to switch the meter over net-metering (the slowest part of this installation).

Overall a pleasant experience worthy of a recommendation.

No fuss installation.

I appreciated having Kurt visit the site before quoting. I was all quite quick and easy with basic information provided in the quote. When I asked many more questions (based on checklists and so forth from SolarQuotes) the responses were supplied promptly and gave me what I needed to finalise my decision. The team doing the installation were polite, friendly and tidy. The hand-over at the end of the day made it clear what the next steps would be, and those steps are progressing as expected.I am now waiting for the power company to replace the old meters and enable produced electricity to go back to the grid but in the mean time the monitoring system has enabled me to adjust when the pool filter should run during the day so that most of the household consumption will be from power the new system generates. Show additional information

The staff who installed the system were knowledgeable, polite and efficient.

Very quick, informative and helpful.
Installation was on time, efficient, staff very helpful and obliging, tidy.
Yes they helped.

Great friendly service, professional installation.

Great friendly service, Kurt was excellent to deal with and explained all about the system in great detail. Professional installation was on agreed day and hassle free. Installer Matt went above and beyond in thoroughly explaining and detailing the features of the system. We are extremely happy with the company and the finished product. Show additional information

Excellent Service

Quoting process was easy, got a top quality system at a reasonable price. The installation was effortless, they arrived on time and everything went according to plan. Organised, polite and tidy. I would highly recommend Essential Energy Solutions Services. They also helped to organise the grid connection after the installation. Show additional information

Highly recommend this company for solar installation

From the outset, Essential Energy Solutions was very professional in every way. Our comprehensive quote and overview of system components was very well prepared and explained - many thanks to Dale Benson here!
The installation of the equipment was very tidy - many thanks to the team who undertook this process - and I’d particularly like to acknowledge Matt for the time he took to explain the various elements of the system, the operation of the inverter and the energy monitoring software once the installation was completed.
Through it all, the customer service and communication was faultless - always courteous, polite and professional - many thanks.
So, I have no hesitation in highly recommending Essential Energy Solutions for solar equipment and installation.

Professional, good quality and great value

Good sales process. Responsive and clear in answering our questions. Provided a solution that met our requirements - good quality and good value.
The installation team were awesome. A great bunch of young guys. Polite, informative and accommodating. Punctual and tidy. They even went that bit extra with a couple of things.
The general customer service was very good. They kept us up to date with what was happening. And answered all of our questions.

Fantastic reviews, great service, excellent value

Good sale approach, good installation and tidy. Friendly. Good customer service Show additional information

Helpful and attentive staff

Essential Energy Solutions was the only supplier to meet my brief. They were prompt, efficient and helpful. Show additional information

Very Efficient and Professional Solar Installation

Essential Energy Solutions were excellent to deal with from the quote stage through to installation.
6.6Kw System. SolarEdge 5Kw HD Wave inverter with Q Cells Q.Maxx panels.
The crew arrived at 7am, system was up and running by 2pm and the SolarEdge App tells me it has produced 10kWh already.
So far so good. :). I can highly recommend these guys.

Smooth sailing - well organised and coordinated

A professional and easy process with great customer service, responsiveness, information and advice.
An prompt initial home visit was followed by great customer care over phone and email, no pressure but excellent support.
On time installation by a friendly team with information and excellent communication,
Exceptional service and highly recommended.

Fantastic and supportive Installation Company

The entire process was fantastic. Was great to work with a family owned business that does not use sub contractors. The company organised everything for us and assisted with energy suppliers information as well. Highly recommend Essential Energy Solutions Show additional information

Thoughtful and skilled installers.

Essential Energy were very good at communicating before and after purchase. They made the selection choices easy and listened to what we wanted.
The installation was very well done with highly skilled and communicative workers.
They also installed bird proofing around the panels as an extra.

Great Service, Value for Money and very Professional

Great service throughout the whole process. The installation was very professional and the guys were helpful and polite, I can highly recommend Essential Energy Solution Show additional information

Proffesional Job

Whole process went well
I selected Essential energy based on the face to face visit from the salesperson.
Installation was flawless
Ontime, neat and tidy

Great buying experience

Seemless quote process. Professional and knowledge installers and punctual. Great customer service took time to explain things about the panel location and panels themselves. Show additional information

A job well done!

Essential provided an outstanding opportunity to get a top of the range system for a good price. The salesman was polite and knowledgeable. He listened to what we needed and advised accordingly. The support we received from the office staff was excellent and the installation day was well organised and efficient. All in all it was a painless transition from our old system to the new system. Show additional information

Good Service, Value for Money and Professional

I had a great experience with Essential Energy Solutions from initial quoting through to installation. I was looking to upgrade my existing system to current standards and add an additional 3kw to the system utilising the existing inverter.
The quoting process completed by Brad was thorough, onsite inspection and all questions answered, followed up promptly with a detailed quote within 2 days.
I had some additional queries following the quote that Troy was able to answer promptly and researched additional information on my existing inverter.
The installation went smoothly with he guys arriving as scheduled and leaving the site clean and tidy.

After receiving an initial quote which was approx. $1,200 more expensive for the same system, I'm very happy I inquired with solarquotes in having Essential Energy Solutions recommended to me

These whole team was very professional, very friendly, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them .

Professional Installation

This company was knowledgeable and professional from start to finish. The support from the sales, office and installation was excellent. Any question were handled professionally and answered quickly (believe me we had a lot:)
However we are still waiting for Origin Energy to supply the meter.

Good interaction, competitive price, excellent install

Very rapid response to enquiry. Brad, ex on the tools sparky, very straight forward not pushy consultation. Plenty of information on the products tier 1 mid range price and quality which is what I was after. Competitive but not cheapest price but was persuaded by length of service of company and knowledge of the products (got some experienced technical advice on use of optimisers/strings that other bidders did not seem to appreciate). Slightly complicated 3 sided roof and 3 story roof install executed without a problem by friendly inhouse team. Some issues with deign and installation sorted out on the day without stress. Initial teething problem with the Sungrow app sorted out by visit from sparky and made adjustments. Satisfied with production so far. Show additional information

All round good value

Pretty much matter of fact. Only ever had contact with the receptionist. Installation was excellent, no complaints. Would have preferred more consultation re the fact that the system is a 6.6KW although I can never put in more than 5KW to the grid due to the limitations of the inverter. I have an excellent roof and would easily exceed the the 5KW in summer. Had I known this I would have gone for a different inverter. This has marred an almost perfect purchase. Show additional information

Exceptional service

Essential Energy Solutions has been a real pleasure to do business with. Their quote was done thoroughly, full inspection and all questions answered, followed up promptly with a detailed quote plus component information literature. A date was set for installation about 6 weeks from the quote, and they arrived on the dot of 7am .
All went straight to work, with a metre box re-location and update to be done as well. By 3:30 pm all was completed : 27 Phono 330w panels, 2 Sungrow Inverters ( wi-fi), tilt frames attached to metal roof with no holes bored.
The service could not be faulted in any way, and I received full instructions on completion.
Very neat installation , made sure everything was working, assured us that they were just a phone call away if we needed any info or instruction.
Received a reference number the next morning to confirm with our electricity provider.

These guys are very professional, very friendly, very reassuring, and I wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend them .
We live on the Gold Coast.

Professional approach from quote through to installation

Initial quote process was more in depth and thorough than other companies. Communication with office very prompt. Installation done neatly and efficiently. Only issue is the solar analytics monitor is not collecting data and will need to be repositioned. If that goes smoothly next week it will be a 5* job. Show additional information

Seamless

I spoke to six different companies and Essential Energy Solutions was the one who filled me with the most confidence. The sales process was great - they took the time to ensure i understood all of the options completely, a provided a range of good quality solutions, from budget to high end. The sales person had been an installer to spent the time to work out the best option for a difficult installation. They gave me a date for installation and stuck to it. The install itself was very smooth and the guys did such a tidy job - overall i was really impressed. Possibly not the cheapest, but i'm so glad i chose them. Show additional information

Great installer

Quotation was explained clearly. Good customer service, explained everything well. Punctual and professional. Show additional information

Good value and great service

The sales experience was both pleasant and informative and without a high pressure pitch. I felt that I was listened to and was presented with a range of options to choose from that matched my requirements. The installation was a breeze. They even fixed up a couple of broken roof tiles that I was not aware of. I was kept informed throughout the process - from the initial sale to the connection to the grid. Show additional information

Very Professional Company & Installer

We had the main boss man around in the quoting stage. He came across as professional, sincere and I felt knew his stuff and operated a good company. Their quote was not the cheapest for the same inverter, panels and installation compared with another quotation we had for same ($600 dearer!), and also we also had to wait approx 5 weeks for our installation, but we decided that Essential Energy Solutions based on the Gold Coast was the right company for us for our solar instalation and would be around in years to come etc. Regarding our installation, the two installers who turned up on time and did our installation were professional in their workmanship, tidy and very polite with communication etc. I couldn't fault them. Although I am still awaiting my electricity smart meter to be installed by Origin, they took care of everything for me and explained the process well. I would recommend them if you live in the Gold Coast. Show additional information

Excellent. Quick, efficient and tidy

Customer service was good, some problems encountered with emails, but all in all the communication has been effective. The system itself has only been on there for 3 days and appears to be working efficiently. It was not an easy install as it is a small roof with East and west facing only. 3 Optimisers required. I still have to get retailer to fix meter. Show additional information

Fantastic! Professional

We had a ducted AC and solar installed and each time the boys were here they were fantastic.
Quote process great.
All my dumb questions answered .
They were super professional and fun.
The boys were tidy and polite.
A completely easy process in both installations.
A great team that work super well together.
Would totallly recommend.
Thank you !

Fantastic Install

The Sales/Quoting process was seamless and well documented and explained. The installers arrived on time and were very polite. The installers explained the process and kept us up to date during the installation. At the end of the installation they explained the system to us and cleaned up the work area. We were very happy with them. They explained to us the process to organise the grid connection after the install. Show additional information

First Class Experience

Excellent experience from first engagement right through to after installation changes required to be done by the energy retailer.
There are lots of products and solutions on the market so I decided to get 6 quotes. Two companies including one advertising through Allan Border and the Today show were only interested in selling you a solar system. They weren’t interested in selling you a solar system to meet your requirements.
EES were the only company whose sales staff (Dale) was an ex-installer and licensed electrician. He was able to talk me through the pros and cons of various options and designed a system to suit my needs. It was also the only company that quoted a compliant system. ie. a regulatory need to install an isolation switch to my hot water system.
The team that installed the solution were outstanding. They (led by Matt) focused on a quality installation and did not attempt any short cuts. As an ex electrician and an electrical engineer I have high expectations and EES met them all and more.
Finally to the admin staff Sarah. Simply outstanding experience again. Technically competent and able to talk me through the admin process of getting the system operating through the retailer. Best of all Sarah will do most of he heavy lifting for you including the EWR and she constantly followed up with Energex to make sure the EWR was processed in a timely manner.
I can’t recommend this company highly enough.
I finally settled on a 9.8KW system, 10KW Fronius inverter, and smart meter/relay for managing hot water heating.

Good all round product

The quote process was pretty straightforward. The solar panels seemed decent value and we were happy with the overall price with a SunGrow inverter. Installation was difficult to assess though there were some inconsistent details given regarding our existing meter which eroded our confidence somewhat. Otherwise the installers were polite and punctual and cleaned up the mess at the end. Can’t complain about the customer service overall.
Were we planning on staying in this house for the long term we would have gone with another company with slightly higher ratings and a higher tier product. We are happy with our choice given our situation though.

Great job, Made the whole process very easy

The quoting process was very easy and efficient. Brad was really easy to talk to, and he listened to all my ideas and expectations before he started suggesting options. And he was quick to suggest alternate options as things changed during our discussion. At no time did i feel like he was pushing me into a solution that suited him, i always felt like we were working towards a system that suited us.
The installation crew were great. they turned up on time, they were very friendly and polite and professional. When they were finished they took the time to explain everything to us and answer all our questions. At no time did we feel like they were trying to rush away to another job, they gave us their full attention until we were happy.
The office people were also just like the sales and installation guys, i.e. friendly and efficient. I definitely recommend Essential Energy to anyone looking for a high quality system with high quality service and efficiency.

Easy honest quotation process, and a great install.

Easy honest quotation process, and a great install. I feel confident in recommending ESS to anyone in the market for a solar installation. Show additional information

Smooth Installation

Smooth process, everything was taken cared for and very professional and punctual. Excellent customer service from start to finish. Show additional information

Very smooth installation

Very good service and communication so far . Very highly recommended for everyone.easy to control on your iPhone app,too early to tell about system work and maintenance services from suppliers will give reviews later about system and maintenance responsibilities. Show additional information

Fantastic installer

Very professional and honest company.
The workers were very friendly and professional to the the end.

Can't complain - my first full quarterly power bill was in credit !!

Dale was awesome, as the owner of the business he didn't have a pure sales hat on - in fact presented us with different options and prices and was open to the fact that we didn't need to go with the more expensive options ( but we did ). Installation was efficient, boys arrived bang on time, tidied after. And now that we've had our first power bill that is pure solar - we definitely can't complain. Usually for this time of year ( which is always the cheapest due to lots of sun in the Gold Coast and a lack of need to use aircon and the pool etc ) - we would pay $540 - $570 per quarter before discounts - this goes up to $720 in summer months. Our most recent power bill in comparison was $60 IN CREDIT ! I am really glad i read the Solar Quotes book and have since passed it on to a couple of friends and also recommended Essential Energy Solutions as well. Show additional information

Great service and team to deal with

We found Dale and his team to be easy and professional to deal with, very accessible leading up to the installation given we had a stack of questions and the instal date was on time and executed within the day. The only hiccup we had was with the Tesla Powerwall 2 but this was rectified the following day after discussing with Tesla who identified a damaged wire. The instal team were polite, cleaned up after themselves and got everything done as they said which i was surprised about given we had to change some of our switch board, had 42 panels installed plus a Tesla Powerwall system. Essential were also the most competitively priced of the 3 quotes we received. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Essential Energy Solutions. Show additional information

Great professional company with excellent staff and customer service.

Quoting process was very good and fast.
The installation crew were helpful and efficient.
The electrician was professional and polite.
The customer service was / is fabulous.
No fuss, no delay on installation.

Highly recommened

The guys from Essential Energy Solutions did a great job, from the quote to installation , on time tidy helpful. Show additional information

Professional from start to finish

Essential Energy Solutions were extremely professional and provided all the information necessary for someone like me who knew nothing about solar, to make an informed decision of how to spec my system.
I also received numerous other quotes and Essential were not only more than competitive with price, but gave me the most confidence due to the clear and concise information provided.
On the day of the install, the guys doing the job were punctual, polite and professional. They were very neat and tidy, left no mess at the end of the job whatsoever and were fast and efficient with job starting at 7 and was finished by about 1pm.
I would highly recommend Essential Energy Solutions.

Fantastic Company true to commitments

Great experience from Quoting thru to installation and beyond.
Kept all commitments given during the process from quote thru to full installation.
Kept us informed during the process including pre install wiring so a roof restoration could be completed so no damage done to new paint on the roof.
Installation team were great and knew what they were doing Left the property clean and tidy no mess left at all.
They made sure that the system would work like it meant to do before they left and it was fully explained to us.
We followed up a small problem and they came after hours to fit in my query and it was explain what had happened.
Great experience and hope that you are able to use them for your job you will not be disappointed.

Competitive price with good products and customer service

The process went well with this company and I had confidence in the teams ability to install a sensible off grid systems after talking to sales team relative to the other companies I spoke to. The price was competitive, but not the absolute best - though it is hard to make direct comparisons as every provider offers a slightly different combination of products. Install on the day was professional and they took the time to explain what they were doing and some basic future troubleshooting options. Their certification was a selling point for me as well. Overall highly recommended. Show additional information
company kept me informed the whole time pre installation, pre warned time of installation, followed up after the installation was complete. Show additional information