Essential Energy Solutions Pty Ltd

Essential Energy Solutions Pty Ltd Reviews

Operating since 2007, Essential Energy Solutions has helped over 3000 homes and small businesses around the Gold Coast & Brisbane areas, reduce their electricity bills & carbon emissions by installing PV Solar & LED lighting.

All Essential Energy Solutions solar and general electrical work is completed by our own teams, we do not sub contract any work, which means high quality workmanship & good communication.

Our electricians have electrical & solar licenses as a minimum and all hybrid & off-grid installations are completed by electricians with the relevant qualifications.

We confidentially offer a 10 year workmanship warranty on all of our work.

Reviewers report paying: $4,500 - $8,100 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Essential Energy Solutions Pty Ltd Reviews (253)

Very professional

Quality products and very smooth and professional installation.
Can't fault it so far.

Very happy with system and installation

The sales advice was clear and practical and installation was excellent. I am very happy so far.

Original Review on 31-03-2021:

The explanation was thorough and easy to understand.the price was the cheapest. I was not pressured.

All of the process went smoothly. The quoting, installation was efficient. I did not feel pressure. My questions were answered. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Kathy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

On time and very accomodating installer.

The quote was in person and informative. Price did change as I had delays confirming back but they adjusted the panels to try reduce the increase. Great help taking off old system so the roof could be painted. New install was quick, on time and very tidy. Great service.

Canadian/sun grow combo

Easy process. All details were handled well by Essential Energy. Everything well explained.

Excellent installation

From quote to installation, and communication from admin, Essential Energy Solutions were fantastic. Prompt and efficient, they answered my questions and provided a great service. The installation team were exceptional, what proved to be a challenge with inclement weather, and difficult access was no barrier. The team were persistent and their problem solving was excellent. I am very very have with the service I have received and more than happy to recommend to anyone.

Hard working amiiable group of young men very pleased with the whole process

Hard working amiable group of young men very pleased with the whole process

Friendly service and quote matched the final delivery

Customer service was excellent and they also helped with the grid connection after the install

Excellent from start to finish

The quoting, admin backup, and installation process was seamless and we couldn't be more delighted with the end result. Installation only took place today so we are yet to see actual daily / weekly energy output so can't comment on that aspect. However the app which we are using to monitor the system (easy to install, easy to see what is happening) shows very positive feed-in levels on this bright sunny day.

We obtained 3 quotes which were all similar in price, however from our research we were satisfied Essential Energy Solutions provide us with the best quality equipment at a reasonable price. The service provided by Kurt (who did the quote), Lois (in Admin) and the guys who did the installation was all first class.

Seriously, we couldn't be happier with the process or the outcome.

Well done Essential Energy Solutions.

Original Review on 28-09-2020:

Great and honest service

Great and honest service.
No hard sell, best price straight up and no hounding.
Installers were great.
Asked a follow up question after install and efficient reply.
So far can’t fault anything from start to finish.

12 months later we asked Leisha: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yep, company were fanstastic, easy to deal with, systems seems to be awesome.
Only downfall is the energy companies, they just keeping reducing your solar buy in and i hear word on the street some companies now charge some sort of control load charge to hold excess energy - this is just crazy.

Professional installation.

Very happy on a professional installation and was prepare to quote on the higher quality panels as i wanted value for money and not the cheapest price. They were very punctual and the job was done in a timely manner.

You won't be disappointed

This is the company to use if you want to avoid disappointment. They were professional throughout the process and their quote was reasonable. There were no sales tactics or elaborage promises. The quote was after they understood my energy needs and possible future plans. Install was on point. Some difficulties with my unique house were handled well. The electrician even gave me his mobile after the install in case there were any issues. That probably says it all.

First rate solar experience

The sales quoting experience was positive as I selected 3 installers from a number suggested by Solar Quotes and added another from an installer who did a good install for a family member. Kurt from Essential Energy Solutions (EES) provided great customer service as he is knowledgeable, competent and not a pushy salesman. I felt confident that we were in good hands when I selected EES as our installer.
The day after I paid the deposit, Lois in the EES office started the ball rolling by lodging the Energex application on our behalf.

The installation went seamlessly; the install team arrived on time on the day promised and just set to work. I was really impressed with the foreman, Matt and the other 3 guys in the team who just got stuck in and did the job without any fuss. They didn't require working to loud and intrusive music that could be heard throughout the neighbourhood and they are all nice, well-mannered guys.

The site was left tidy after the job was completed and Matt gave me a run through on the system and explained the settings on the monitoring software.

The day after I paid the balance of the contract, I received the warranties for the inverter and the panels as well as a reminder about contacting my electricity retailer to arrange for the smart meter installation.
Kurt and his staff from EES did a first rate job of designing and installing my solar system.

Good installation

Came to my house to discuss the requirements didn't try to up sell and very knowledgeable with different options I would recommend this company

Super tidy installation - well done

Friendly and informative sales person.
No upselling and there was no pressure sales tactics used. I wanted 'decent' brands but not top shelf and I believe that is exactly what they provided. eg 'best bang for buck' without buying rubbish that will cause issues later on.
Very responsive to follow-up design changes and questions.
Capable and willing to do other cabling work at the same time. eg remove old Foxtel dish, relocate TV antenna to not shade panels, hide/remove existing ugly cabling which ran on top of the roof.

Great communication and very punctual with regarding to the installation process.
Good options provided on the day for the finer details of the installation.
Very tidy work! The panels are neat, the racking is minimal (no unnecessary racking extending out the ends), the cabling was all run within the walls. It's all just perfect and super tidy.

Post install support has also been good. They have organised the new smart meter and grid connection with the energy provider. Also there seems to be an issue with the app for my inverters, they have opened a support ticket with the manufacturer to get it addressed. These 2 items are currently still open (it's only be a couple of days) but I have every confidence that the company will see them through and resolve any issues. They respond to my emails within a few hours and have been very helpful.

I highly recommend Essential Energy Solutions

Reliable Installer, Quality Workmanship

The sales rep from EES saw me to discuss what system they would provide. He was polite, not at all pushy and knowledgable. He assured me that the installers used by the company would do a good job. I am pleased to say that that the installation was done well. The tradesmen were polite, did quality work and cleaned up before they left.

At one stage I had to change the installation date and was pleased that it was done with no fuss. Overall, it was a good experience and I would definitely recommend EES as they have good pricing, sell quality products, and do a professional installation.

Original Review on 09-11-2020:

Went as I thought it would

No complaints

Very thorough from sales person to installation. There was no BS from salesperson and he was honest throughout. The company said what they will do and they did it. It was a hot day on install so I appreciate the installers work. Having some issues currently with inverter operating temp but it's being addressed at the same time.

8 months later we asked Justin: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Original Review on 31-10-2020:

Smooth installation

Three companies quoted and EES offered the best deal. 4 weeks from signing to installation. Old 3kw system removed and new 10.2kw system installed. 6 staff members performed the installation including bird proofing. Completed in one day. Very efficient process with no hiccups. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Geoffrey : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system is working very well. Our quarterly bills have dropped from $450 to $50.

Excellent, absolutely great stuff, nice attitude.

Great job, excellent stuff , affordable price
Definitely recommended for any one.

Very professional, tidy and well done job by by knowledgeable people experienced, not the least, in handling townhouses

Yes tidy and assisted on all of the mentioned points.

Original Review on 17-09-2020:

Quality installers who love their job

Chose this company because everything was efficient, friendly, helpful and sensible price. Original ratings

8 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes definitely.
I selected the installer on performance rather than lowest price.
In the first year I have saved a little over $2000 making payback in about 3 years.
This allows for a reduction in the buy back rate from 11.5 c/KWHr to 8.5 cents.
I am able to manage our usage patterns because we are retired.
Your advice was perfect and I have no hesitation in recommending people to use your services.
I am a Services Engineer with over 50 years experience.in the commercial building game.
I am very happy in the help you provided.
Regards

Great Company to work with - highly recommended

Great experience with the company after failed start with other companies. They delivered exactly as quoted meeting quality, cost and schedule. Other companies quoted but could not actually do the installation even after signing contract with them. Essential Energy Solutions conducted a site visit to confirm what was actually required for quoting and were able to complete the 10KW system install in the day.

Straight forward and very responsive

Really enjoyed dealing with Essential Energy solutions.
They did a great job.

Original Review on 21-08-2020:

Great friendly service, professional installation.

Great friendly service, Kurt was excellent to deal with and explained all about the system in great detail. Professional installation was on agreed day and hassle free. Installer Matt went above and beyond in thoroughly explaining and detailing the features of the system. We are extremely happy with the company and the finished product. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Cliff: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has exceeded my expectations it has cut my electricity bill considerably. I was sold the right system for my requirements. Essential Energy Solutions guided me with their advice in the right direction. Many Thanks Cliff Starkey

A helpful company with quality work

I went with Essential Energy because their sales person, Kurt, was friendly, helpful, and provided clear and understandable information. Their quote was on par with others I received and they were more than happy to do a site visit before providing a quote.

Unfortunately, there were a couple of hiccups in the process. The quoted inverter (Growatt) was incompatible with a two-string panel arrangement. This should have been picked up on when the quote was generated. I ended up having to pay an additional fee for a Fronius inverter. On install day, the team found the meter was non-compliant and additional costly work was required to relocate it to another location on the house. The work that ended up being performed was of high quality with good attention to detail.

Thankfully, the company owner was all too happy to talk through the issues and propose an agreeable solution. Although some delays and additional costs (about 20% extra above the initial quote) were incurred, the issues were handled promptly and helpfully.

Taking the full experience into consideration, I would recommend Essential Energy Solutions to any Brisbane-based homeowner looking for solar.

Excellent company

Very happy with them. Great customer service. Would recommend them to anyone.

Good company to deal with

Kurt was easy to talk to and he gave me a competitive quote with no hassle or bull. I was able to call him and the office at any time to ask about the quote, installation and general information and was happy with the relationship. The installation date was not as early as we wanted as they were quite busy, but installation was done with minimal fuss or doing without power in a good time frame. Grid connection was done as far as I know on the day. Any mess was cleared away and all areas were left clean. The team was polite and helpful and completed the job by 3 pm. I am very happy with Essential Energy Solutions at this early stage, but do not anticipate any problems in the future.

Outstanding Experience - A great Solar Company to Deal With

Our family ended up having 2 solar systems installed by this company on the same day in November. This is a great company to deal with.
Quotes were quick and comprehensive and there was never any pressure to buy. They were very responsive to questions we asked, going to a lot of trouble in one instance to work out the potential impacts of shading from a very large tree about 28 metres from one of the sites. The configuration was excellent (7 east and 11 x 370w panels west), giving us near perfect maximum output of about 5kw from late morning to late afternoon when we can use power the most.
Installation was fantastic. The install team were friendly, on time and kept us informed right through the install process. They also gave us some really good information on how to choose an energy plan to maximise solar savings. Overall a neat and tidy job. We had a small problem with one of the Fronius data cards, wouldn't connect to the internet, but again their response was excellent, Lois quickly arranging installation of a new card in time for Christmas. All of the staff we spoke to (in particular Kurt, Matt, Mitch, and Lois and Sarah from Admin) were polite and very helpful.
Couldn't be happier with the service, install or choice of system components. We're already making huge savings, December was a negative power bill and January is well on track to being negative as well. It’s unlikely we’ll be paying for electricity again until maybe winter when solar production drops off a little.
We obtained 6 separate quotes and Essential Energy were clearly the most competitive in terms of quality and value for money. Overall we would highly recommend them.
And finally a special thanks to Solar Quotes for providing an outstanding and very helpful solar information service.

Amazing experience, from quote to finished installation!

Essential Energy gets it right from the get go, asking all the right questions about our power usage to giving us all the options available within our budget, to the professional installation that performs like it was stated.
The team turned up on time, were polite and friendly and after finishing, sat down to make sure we understood everything about how to operate and utilise our new solar system.
They organised everything with Energex to get us hooked up to the system, as well as follow up emails to make sure the whole process went smoothly.
A solar system is a huge investment, with long term ramifications if not done right, and for that reason We highly recommend Essential Energy for all your solar needs.

Essential Energy Solutions

Quoting was straight forward. Included a site visit and discussion of options. Price was most competitive vs other quotes given the system components.
Installation team was punctual and tidy. Installation was to my satisfaction
Apart from the issue with the 2 inverters communicating with each other, which hopefully will be rectified soon, I am happy with the install.
I'm still awaiting the changeover of my meter by my energy provider, so cannot comment on ease of grid connection yet. Unfortunately the Xmas/New Year break has fallen just after my install, so other processes are a little delayed.

Excellent company from start to finish

Essential Energy got in touch with me within 24 hours of the request to discuss the quote. Lois took initial information and arranged for Kurt to come and visit. He spent around 45 minutes asking and answering questions. He was very thorough and had a number of quotes ready within hours.

The installers led by Grant were incredibly professional. As they were installing to the five townhouses in our development, they were here for a whole week. During that time Grant gave us regular updates about issues they had found and about how the panels and inverters worked etc.

The customer services was impeccable. From Lois to Kurt to Grant and finally to Sarah who wrapped up the process by organising the paperwork for our distributor and retailer, everyone involved listened and took the time to explain every step of the process.

I have no hesitation recommending Essential Energy.

Provides good advice with competitive price

A technician first visited the property and offered solid recommendation give my situation (I already have a system that needed additional capacity).

Fast installation and competitive price.

Highly recommended.

Professional and responsive

I was happy with all three companies that SolarQuotes matched me with, and, to be honest, it was hard to choose between them. All three had great reviews and came across as professional, knowledgeable and competent. In the end I went with Essential Energy because their website seemed to be the most complete and they seemed to have been around installing solar for longest.

The sales guy who visited to provide an initial quote was very well presented and very professional. He discussed our needs at length, had a thorough look at our property, checking for potential shaded areas, etc. and offered advise on different panel and inverter manufacturers and relative warranties and costs.
Once we decided to go with Essential Energies the process was very well managed by their office. They were communicative, polite and helpful throughout. They carried out the necessary paperwork with Energex to register our system and they put us in contact with a good green loan provider getting that aspect started for us as well.
The installers were lovely guys. There was no fuss or hassle with them - they came and did the job with minimal disruption to us, and cleaned up everything after themselves. They gave us a run through of the inverter and how to turn it on and off and helped us to get set up with a Fronius account for extending the warranty and monitoring the system.
All we have to do now is wait for our meter to be reprogrammed (a process that takes a couple of weeks) and then we get our system up and running.

PS Thanks to SolarQuotes we had all the necessary information to make a well informed choice.

Highly recommended, great customer service and professional installers.

The initial site visit by Kurt was professional and informative without any pressure or hard sell, which is certainly rare these days.
Once ordered, the job was scheduled, confirmed and the relevant authorities notified the next day.
The scheduled install date was met and Matt and his team just got on with the job like a well oiled machine, even in 36 deg. heat.
The next day Mitch and co. completed the electrical work without fuss and left behind nothing but a neat and tidy install.
Highly recommended.

Excellent service and Installation.

Essential Energy Solutions provided a very professional service from initial contact to the installation of our Solar power system. They use only high-quality panels and inverters and offer a good price range to suit your budget. They provided an on-site inspection and explained the whole planning process clearly and responded promptly to all email inquiries. Installation was done to a very high standard and the tradesmen left the site clean. The system works great and very happy with our power generation numbers.
After the install they handled the paperwork for the new power meter to be fitted.
I can highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a Solar power system living on the Gold Coast or surrounding areas.

Original Review on 31-03-2020:

Great installer

Quotation was explained clearly. Good customer service, explained everything well. Punctual and professional. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Hamish: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes still going great.

Original Review on 28-03-2020:

Good value and great service

The sales experience was both pleasant and informative and without a high pressure pitch. I felt that I was listened to and was presented with a range of options to choose from that matched my requirements. The installation was a breeze. They even fixed up a couple of broken roof tiles that I was not aware of. I was kept informed throughout the process - from the initial sale to the connection to the grid. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Ken: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system so far is performing better that specified in terms of output. I particularly like the monitoring software that comes with the inverter. It provides me with the ability to monitor the system performance in detail.

Original Review on 24-03-2020:

Very Professional Company & Installer

We had the main boss man around in the quoting stage. He came across as professional, sincere and I felt knew his stuff and operated a good company. Their quote was not the cheapest for the same inverter, panels and installation compared with another quotation we had for same ($600 dearer!), and also we also had to wait approx 5 weeks for our installation, but we decided that Essential Energy Solutions based on the Gold Coast was the right company for us for our solar instalation and would be around in years to come etc. Regarding our installation, the two installers who turned up on time and did our installation were professional in their workmanship, tidy and very polite with communication etc. I couldn't fault them. Although I am still awaiting my electricity smart meter to be installed by Origin, they took care of everything for me and explained the process well. I would recommend them if you live in the Gold Coast. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Gary: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

My system has performed very well and so I am very pleased with my choices of inverter, panels & installer.

Original Review on 22-03-2020:

Excellent. Quick, efficient and tidy

Customer service was good, some problems encountered with emails, but all in all the communication has been effective. The system itself has only been on there for 3 days and appears to be working efficiently. It was not an easy install as it is a small roof with East and west facing only. 3 Optimisers required. I still have to get retailer to fix meter. Original ratings

Straightforward and efficient

Original site visit was professional and easy. Installation team was great.

First Class Service - from sales to installation

From the initial consultation with Kurt right the way through to the installation I was very pleased with the level of communication, the attention to detail, the speediness of replies to any questions and solving little issues encountered along the way. It ended up being quite a simple and straight forward process. I particularly liked the fact that nothing was sub contracted out and was pleased to be supporting a family run, local QLD business. If I was to go through the process again in a future residence, I would definitely use them again.

Highly recommended

Matt, Mitch and Dylan were Fantastic, They were friendly, quick and efficient and polite and Tidy. Highly recommend their service.

Very helpful, good job at good price.

Quoting was good and they even came out and looked at site and explained options. Installation was done well and on time.

5 Star Installer and Installation

We went to the market for our solar system and had a number of quotes.
Essential Energy Solutions Pty Ltd were a stand out, as they actually listened to our needs and concerns.
Essential Energy Solutions tailored a system to handle our shading issues, they also listen to where we did and didn’t want PV panels installed.
From the first meeting to the final commissioning the Essential Energy Solutions team were excellent and ever so helpful.
The installers are well trained, experienced and were ever so courteous, they executed a very neat installation in a timely manner.
We highly recommend Essential Energy Solutions, keep up the excellent work.
Thank you.

We picked Essential Energy Solutions as they seemed to understand the challenges of installing solar panels on a terracotta tile roof and I was keen to avoid damage to such an important part of our house. They have all been friendly and professional throughout and the system seems to be working well. Thank you Essential Energy Solution.

Fantastic Service

The team for Essential Energy Solutions was extremely helpful from the person doing the quote to lay out multiple options and advice to suit the house to the install team.
Installation was prompt and professional and all the connection paperwork was submitted to energex and power retailer connections straight away.

Good experience so far

Sales Rep visited property, answered all my questions, professional quote recieved and all follow up queries addressed. Good installation crew.

Happy with decision to use Essential Energy Solutions

Designed a layout to fit in with existing 1.5kw system even if it wasn't the easiest option (other businesses wanted to rip out the existing system). Pricing was competitive.

Suggested upgrades to ageing system (other businesses did not). Interestingly the installers said they tidied up some wires when adding the optimisers. Not sure if its the optimisers or the tidying up but performance of that system has improved substantially.

Installation crew was friendly and helpful.

Looks neat. Appears to perform pretty well too.

Best customer service and price

Of the three companies we got quotes from, Essential Energy were the only ones to come to our home. Kurt was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful, checking for possible shade issues and helping with decisions about how big a system we wanted and where to place it. His quote was significantly cheaper than the other two companies.

Lois in the office has been fantastic - we're waiting for a builder to fix a hole in our roof before installation and have been mucked-around with dates. Lois re-booked our installation twice and was friendly, understanding and helpful.

We haven't yet had installation.

Smooth from start to finish

Sales rep was prepared and informative. Ended up changing his proposal after seeing the roof in person. He provided 3 different layouts and we ended up happy with fitting as many panels on as we could. Gave us an exact date of install and even though it was 8 weeks down the track, knowing it was set in was reassuring and we were happy to wait.
Install was completed yesterday. Their workers were punctual, extremely polite with my wife meeting them and explaining what their process was. Completed same day, they worked safely, efficiently and cleanly. Very happy with the final product.
Had a walk through with Mitch and he explained all the power cut offs, usage, inverter details and apps I needed to keep track of our power. Also explained Energex's next step of meter replacing and the process was already underway from Essential.
Can not fault these guys at all. Very professional and would absolutely recommend them to anyone.