Formula Sun Reviews

About Formula Sun, Solar Installers

Formula Sun
Platinum Partner
Formula Sun is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 83 120 679 656  ABN active since 11 Jul 2006 | Formula Sun Pty Ltd
ACN: 120 679 656  ACN active since 11 Jul 2006 | Formula Sun Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $3,190 - $8,230 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Formula Sun is based in Fremantle WA and is truly a local solar specialist.
Our philosophy has been to provide excellent solar installations using a small team of inhouse installers, combined with honest down to earth advice.

Whilst incorporated in 2006 we have been retailing solar since 2012 making us one of the longest serving Perth solar companies. Our general electrical arm is Power Breeze Pty Ltd and our installers are first class electrical tradesmen with extensive solar experience and CEC qualifications.

We firmly believe our technical advice is second to none and customers are relieved not to get the hard sell after making contact with us through Solarquotes. We endeavour to give you an easy to understand quotation with no hidden costs in what is a highly technical field.

Our local approach means we are well positioned to offer ongoing after sales service and to service all warranties.

Formula Sun Solar Reviews

Ticked all the boxes

Dealing with Formula Sun was easy, informative, no fuss quote and negotiation. Prompt replies and efficient well mannered installers. Show additional information

Great company, great service, excellent installation.

The engagement with Phil and the team was a pleasure. The team sent out did a fantastic job and I was very impressed with their workmanship and how they were able to meet our aesthetic requirements. Their solution was also excellent value for money. Show additional information

Fantastic my lady friend also got the same system

Good system good price my lady friend also got the same system through formula sun Show additional information

Very happy with Formula Sun and my new solar system!

From start to finish with Formula sun was easy and informative. It was the only company out of the 3 through SolarQuotes that sent me a quote straight off the bat- the other 2 required me to ‘book’ a phone call (a bit hard when you drive for work.) Quote included different panels and inverters- all priced out.

I had questions about shading and they came up with a solution (that neither other company did.) Were also happy to answer ALL the questions I threw at them.

Once I decided to go ahead I had an install within 10 days. They organised everything with the ‘Grid’ provider. The guys who came out were great- friendly, professional, on-time and knowledgeable. Talked me through some options regarding inverter placement. They tried for the most ideal option but to their disappointment (they took great pride in their work) it couldn’t be done due to the house.

They then tried to do the job as visually appealing as possible- but again issues with the house and had to call it a day. Came back 2 days later, finished the install promptly, patched some holes they didn’t end up using and still tried to make it look good (which it does.)

10/10 would recommend.

Goodwe 5 kw inverter
Longi 350w black framed panels (look great on my dark roof)

Efficient and professional

Quote was quick and easy over the phone.
It was a Replacement, thus quick and easy for all, on time and did everything I expected.

Solar installation

We recently had a solar system installed. We're happy with the performance of the system so far, and pleased with the quality of the work done by the installers. They took the time to ensure the cabling and installation did not detract from the street appeal of our home. Show additional information

Great value and system performance

Non-pushy quotation. Install was good, could have tidied up the roof a little better but not bad. Communication by email seemed a bit rushed but generally responsive.

Great communication on the phone with the install team regarding position/layout of modules and inverter.

Quality installation and system

The quoting process was a desk based one, but they had all the details and got it right. The installation itself wasa bit bumpy with a few missed dates due to sickness, weather and other assorted issues that couldn't be helped. The work though was high quality. The customer service from the installers was very good and they came up with a range of installation options when they were not able to instal on time. Show additional information

Hassle free, great installation.

Phil at Formula Sun was receptive to my questions and helpful in achieving hot water diversion in the most cost effective way for me. The process was low friction and we went from quote to result with hardly a thing to stress about. Great service :) Show additional information

Solar at Last!

The initial contact with Formula Sun was informative and helpful
There was some miscommunication within the office re installation plans which caused me to reconsider my options.
I went ahead with using Formula Sun after further discussion. I was happy with final installation process.
The installers were polite, tidy, punctual and informative.
The engineer who set up the app once meter was altered was brilliant.
Would recommend Formula Sun.

No hassle sales and same installation experience

Very easy process from start to finish. Installers did a tidy job with no hassles Show additional information

Easy, affordable, great service

Formula Sun were responsive, knowledgeable, great value for money, punctual and neat job, fast turnaround, great after sales follow up. Didn’t try to bag the opposition, honest approach. All round great experience. Show additional information

Very informative salesperson, quality install.

Seamless sales experience, very informative and not pushy. Installation was quick, punctual and the installer had a good attention to detail. Customer service ws exceptional. Show additional information

Super Easy, Super Quick, Super happy

I requested a couple of quotes through solarquotes on a recent Friday, one being Formula Solar.

First tick - Phil from Formula Solar responded that Saturday with a couple of options and layout of the best panel arrangement, a super quick turn around from the quote request. I waited for the second quote to come through for comparison sake and also reached out to synergy for a quote as well.

Second tick - After doing some thorough research I decided I would like to pick different panels and inverter to the ones suggested by Phil, I suggested the change to both companies that quoted, Formula Solar rapidly replied that they were happy to supply both the panels and inverter that I had chosen. The other company would not change the panels as they had a set brand.

Third tick - After a bit of backwards and forwards with quotes and the like, Formula Sun on Monday let me know they had a vacancy for an install on that Thursday - happy days. Formula Sun also listened to explanation of inverter location and upgraded the AC cable to accommodate.

Fourth Tick - the install was super easy, the installer arrived on time, listened to where I wanted the inverter, placing it in exactly the right spot and also listened to my slight change in panel layout location, happily going ahead with what I had requested. The installation was completed quickly and easily with no mess left behind, Its a great neat job too.

Fifth Tick - the after sales contact from Phil has been great as well - even recently asking for log in details to check the inverter is working correctly.

I have absolutely no hesitation on recommending these guys - even if you're like me and think "you only get what you pay for - the more expensive guys are obviously better" not in this instance, that's for sure!

Hint - if you are wanting to track your power in and out, get them to install a power meter - my inverter is a Fronius - so a Fronius Smart meter means I can see how much I am using and how much I am generating.

My days are now filed with constantly checking my solar gainz, turning appliances on and off to see the effect on power drain - it's been great to have something to do while taking a break from working from home due to COVID-19!

Don’t pay until you get everything

They were very quick to respond to the request for quote and the price was reasonable. The information I was quoted on was not what I got - more panels than I was told were being installed and the installer couldn’t explain why and a different (better quality) inverter because of supply problems. Installation was ok, but disappointed that they left some of the panels dirty with tile dust.

Post installation has been terrible - I had to keep chasing for the login details for the Huawei and only got it by only paying half the bill. Then made the major mistake of paying before receiving warranties and manual, which he promised were being sent two weeks ago.

So Easy

Dealing with Formula Sun was easy and efficient. I went with Formula Sun based on their response to my inquiries, the discussion we had when Tom visited, the fact that they were pretty local and well established. They were not the lowest price, but I compared ratings and reviews of the other installers, and decided the premium was worth it from a risk/afterservice perspective. They have had a long association with Power Breeze who did the installation and the guys who came were really polite, efficient, easy to deal with and very tidy. The 6.6KW system, wiring and inverter is very neatly fitted and working as it should. Installed in a day and only a week after agreeing everything. Formula Sun also took care of Synergy and Western Power so no stress whatsoever on my side. I recommend them highly. Show additional information

Installation faultless

Following the prompts from Solarquotes I got contacts, plus a few others from my own research. I narrowed down my choice of inverter and panels from the reviews, and other sources, and finally chose Formula Sun to do the job, even though my contact with them did not go well. The final decision was made based on them being able to supply the hardware and the rave reviews for their installers. I was not disappointed. They arrived on time, made adjustments to the plan as the panels ( 19 of them split between east and west facing roof surfaces) were different sizes on the plan! Todd and partner expertly adjusted the plan and made them all fit. They worked quickly (in 40c + temps) and finished on time. Show additional information
Easy to deal with, polite, helpful, and the installers were a delight to have in the house. A great job done. Show additional information

How can it be this easy!

Received a quote from Phil that was no b.s - just honest advice about panel locations, system size and brands. Once I gave the go ahead was able to squeeze me in straight away. The installers arrived and checked a few things with me re install locations then off the went. All done in a day and connected up ready to go. Only delay in the process was waiting for western power to upgrade my meter. All done now and producing about 40kwh per day over the past few days - plus we start feeding in from about 9am which is amazing. Haven’t seen a statement from Synergy yet, but I’m hopeful the days of +$500 Bills are long gone! Show additional information

Excellent service, installation and competative price

We highly recommend Phil and the Formula Sun team in WA. They were recommended by word of mouth by our neighbours and we will now recommend them ourselves!
Excellent service, installation and competitive quote for superior quality equipment, they organised the paper work and set up with Western Power. Installation within days by good installers who went the extra mile to do some complex wiring to set up the inverter as we requested. Tidy, polite, punctual.

Helpful and prompt installation, without a hard sell

Everyone we dealt with was extremely courteous and helpful. The installers were very polite and tidy and helpful
There were a couple of unexpected hiccups but they were dealt with promptly and efficiently and we are very happy with the end result.

Fantastic service

Formula Sun were fast responsive and able to explain things for us if we needed more clarification. We used optimisers to address a shade issue and have a system that is generating very well without any north facing panels.
Formula Sun did all the leg work to organise the new digital meter and grid connection.
Installation occurred two weeks from first contact. Installers turned up on time on a 40 degree plus day. Very impressed!!!
I am tracking power generation with the WIFI, consumption and exports on the digital grid meter. We’re winning already!!
Good all round. Very knowledgeable and professional
Installation via 3rd party also top guys.

very happy

easy as pie, great system, really happy. Formula Sun was referred to me and i have subsequently recommended to 2 more people Show additional information

Satisfied customer

I was very satisfied with the quote and the professionalism with the installation process. I subsequently had a slight problem with power to my bore which had been interrupted. Within 48 hours of my notifying Formula Sun the issue was resolved. The gentlemen with whom I dealt were very professional, informative and respectful. Show additional information

Fantastic Job.

I have no problems in recommending Formula Sun Solar. Phil was helpful and fully explained what was going to happen, I received emails describing everything that was going to happen.
The Guys who installed our Solar were great and helped me understand all the required information on how the Solar Panels and Inverter worked.
They were 1.5 hours early for installation, I was very happy with that.
The customer service is amazing.
Well done to a wonderful team, plus the followup emails were awesome too.

Put the extra effort

Extra effort to give a call on the weekend to answer my questions Show additional information

Easy to deal with...

- Quick quoting process: only took 1-2 days to get a quote. From there, installation happened 2 weeks from accepting the quote. Show additional information

Good value, quality, advice

Ordered 2x6.6kw systems. One for me and 2nd for sister. Both used fanless Goodwe inverter and Longi 315W solar panels. System generating around 43kw to 45kw per day on sunny cloud free days since installed. Cloudy or wet days I get above 30kw.

Web app easy to set up and use which shows instant and total generation via graph and number and accessibility via internet anywhere. Was easy dealing with formula sun and discussed inverter in detail. Goodwe cheaper and as reliable as others. Big difference is fanless cooling which improves reliability (ie no moving parts). Did almost buy more expensive inverter but after research realised wasnt any better.

In terms of panels, Longi seemed to have best price / reliability equation. Less output loss than other panels offered. Dyor though!

Other point was I discussed in detail location of panels as wanted morning and afternoon sun. No issues just remember to discuss when you buy the system.

Great Company Great Price

I found Formula Sun to be interested in making sure I had all my questions answered and responded very promptly (I received responses to questions on weekends!). The installation team made sure that I was happy with the placement of the Inverter and were done in half the time I expected, even working through on a miserably damp day.

I would happily recommend Formula Sun.

Great to deal with, excellent, professional installation

Friendly, professional installers and everything put exactly where the quote said it would go. One small issue with a foxtel antenna so if your installer asks to move an antenna, make sure they dont actually mean remove. Show additional information

Solar made simple

We have been wanting solar on our new home and got the 3 quotes
Formula Sun listened to our concerns, advised and adjusted the system to suit
the installation was not simple but the team site assess the best options and discussed it further before going ahead very efficiently. The entire system was installed within the day (6.3kw) 20 panels
The entire journey was made simple thanks to Formula Sun

New solar system

The quote was competitive and installed within a few weeks. They gave honest advice on the best system to suit my home. Installers were quick and clean. The basics of the system were explained. Couldn’t ask for anymore. Looks to have reduced my bill by 2/3. Show additional information

All seems to be running ok.

We haven't received any bills since installation so hard to assess quality of the system and value for money but i'm optimistic that all is good. Installation went ok. I was not happy with electricians initial thoughts on installing visible pipes along my walls but was very happy when they agreed they could hide these inside our cupboards and behind a downpipes (but due to extra effort he said it would take him 2 days to install rather than 1). Unfortunately he slightly cut through one of our Air Conditioner electrical wires and our A/C stopped working. Formula sun did not respond very urgently to this and I had to call him back again later that day to get their Electrician back out. To his credit electrician came out and admitted he had put a slight cut through a wire but said that by all accounts it should still be working. I then had to get the A/C company out to find that he had shorted out a switch inside the A/C unit. So a simple fix was all that was needed, but just annoying and time consuming chasing up trades/companies. The fist people we dealt with at Formula sun, a young lady and another man were great and informative, however we found the owner to be less attentive, needed following up and after paying for the system in full it has taken them just a few days short of a month to finally send through our User manual, warranty and other details (and some details were incorrect on one form). Show additional information

Brilliant Company!

The whole process was made so easy. Phil and team quoted an extremely reasonable price right from the start with all related information included and no 'hard' sales pitch. They are also extremely knowledgeable.
The installation team arrived on time and were clean and tidy and efficient. The products are working like a dream.
I couldn't be happier.
Thank you Formula Sun!

GREAT SERVICE AND QUALITY INSTALLATION

Fantastic service from Phil and Tom.
They answered all questions promptly and honestly and provided professional expertise.
Their quote was very competitive, equipment supplied is of high quality and installation was on time and is very neat and tidy.
Installer even helped me to set up an app on my smartphone so I can monitor power consumption whenever I want.
Formula Sun is a local business and I highly recommend them.

Ok installation

Sales and quoting was informative and not pushy.
Installation was punctual with the only issue was of the installers walking over my pool solar heating which I asked specifically not too - however that issue was followed up by Formula Sun promptly.

Great System

Sales and quoting was easy and informative. Scheduling and coordination of install was quick and the installers did an excellent job Show additional information

Good result for my needs

The design and selection process took a bit of time due to a) designing a system that met my requirements, and then b) finding out at the last minute that the house I had just moved into had a 3-phase electricity supply instead of a 1-phase supply, as I had thought. This affected the design of other systems I had been quoted on, because of the selection of inverters to provide the level of production & consumption monitoring & reporting that I wanted.

Throughout all of this, Phil at Formula Sun patiently answered all my questions and ended up installing a better system that he had originally designed and quoted me. It was a little more expensive but worth it for the level of monitoring and reporting. Formula Sun handled all the paperwork with Synergy and Western Power. The actual installation went relatively smoothly.

At the time of writing this, there are a couple of relatively minor outstanding issues that I expect will be resolved soon. However, the system is generating more power than I expected, even on cloudy & rainy days, which will help pay for it sooner.

Good Value

Very professional in terms of pricing and system selection. Disappointed in loction of panels during installation as do not get optimal sun exposure. Show additional information

No hassles

From quote to install there were no hassles. Heaps of impartial info provided. Installers were super efficient and even swept up. Show additional information

Multiple Recommendations

Our choice was made easier when Solarquotes recommended Formula Sun to provide a quote. We had initiated earlier discussions with neighbours about their local solar experiences and found Formula Sun had left lasting positive impressions from quotation stage through to after sales service and were very well regarded in terms of knowledge and responses from a customer service perspective.

Our quote process had no hard sell, just fact and with a competitive price. Once we agreed to go ahead and set a date all we had to do was wait, everything was taken care of.

Installation day came & went according to plan using the materials as quoted without any hitches and they left me virtually no mess to clean up!

Completely satisfied with the overall process and we are looking forward to the future power cost savings.

Formula Sun was quick, friendly and hassle free

The quote was quick and detailed
The installation was quick and very professional.
I asked a few questions after installation and formula sun responded quickly and were willing to help.
I also recommended them to my colleague and his service was also great.

Best price best service

Phill was great to de ask with. Sorted things out quickly and gave a great price straight up over $1000 cheaper than the next quote with the same equipment. Installation was professional and looked good. Would definitely recomend formula solar. Show additional information

Keeps cutting out

Inverter keeps switching itself off and needs to be reset. Show additional information

Excellent result

Phil was methodical in his approach and came up with a great plan regarding our panels and inverter. The process was seamless and hassle free with a great installation experience. Show additional information
Friendly and professional. Answered many questions with logic and practical responses which helped me decide/ narrow down the options given all the various systems etc available. highly recommended Show additional information

Fantastic Company

From start to finish a great job with Phil and his team at Formula Sun, have already recommended them to my friends. Show additional information