Freedom Energy Solutions Group Pty Ltd Reviews

About Freedom Energy Solutions Group Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

Freedom Energy Solutions Group Pty Ltd
Platinum Partner
Freedom Energy Solutions Group Pty Ltd is a Solar Power Installation company based in serves parts of and serves NSW. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Freedom Energy Solutions Group Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Very impressed with the qualitity of product, the installation, the openness of information & there patience, diligence & friendly service !!
A good bunch of people !!
The team from Freedom Energy Solutions that came out and installed the system were friend and professional. I knew what I wanted in the system and they were able to order for me the make/model of the components I was after. Their finished work is very neat and tidy. They took care of the installation paperwork and set up all the associated monitoring systems.

I would definitely recommend Freedom Energy Solutions to anyone looking to have solar panels installed.
Tom and his staff fantastic. Highly recommend Show additional information
Could not fault them. Great service. Great communication. Show additional information
Yes the amount of time waiting for new meter installation. Panels were installed 23/11/18 & AGL tell me that new meter will be installed by 8/1/19. Nit at all happy about this..had to go through Essential Energy first..such a long wait. Show additional information
Freedom Energy Solutions Group were a very easy company to deal with, Tom Sexton was readily available to answer queries. On installation day the team were very professional and a joy to work with. I would recommend this group to anyone thinking of getting solar installed. Thanks Tom and team. Show additional information
They were a great punch of guys, did a great job,Tom explained every thing to me,and his two work mates you couldn't ask for more. Show additional information
Tom from Freedom was great to deal with and I am extremely impressed with the system we received. The installation team were very efficent and had the system running in the later half of the day in pretty ordinary weather.

Highly recommended
Paid deposit about 3 weeks ago and still no idea of an install date. Show additional information
very happy with Solar solutions. they did good job and in a short time frame. Show additional information
Tom and his team were consummate professionals. Tom is approachable and easy to deal with. We would highly recommend this company. Show additional information
Freedom Energy are trumps in understanding your needs and delivering what they promised. Show additional information
Hi Finn
Just a very pleasant experience......not sure if "fantastic" is the right word....whats wrong with "excellent " then my valuation would be 5
Thank you for a very informative website very much appreciated.
Regards Alan
Very happy with Tom and his team. The install was excellent and they had to battle with rain but pushed on and got the job done. Always kept me informed of progress and have great knowledge and quality workmanship. Show additional information
Freedom Energy Solutions (FES) contacted me after I inquired through SolarQuotes website. The business owner Tom Sexton answered my questions about the install and the various product choices available to me. After accepting FES quote Tom gave me an install date within two weeks.
The install actually occurred a day ahead of schedule, the crew arriving early, working very well as a team, and leaving no mess to clean up. They even replaced a couple of tiles that had been cracked.
Team foreman Jackson connected the system to my LAN and walked me through the basics of the monitoring system. There is a lot in there and a bit of a learning curve to negotiate.
The install required removal of an existing system. Tom was the only supplier who offered a reasonable price to do the removal.
All in all I am very satisfied with the standard of workmanship and service offered by FES. However there is one area where I feel they could have done better.
I wanted the new system to have three arrays of panels facing North, East, West. I had found a technical paper written by Fronius (the inverter manufacturer) describing how under certain conditions it is possible to connect East and West panels to the one MPPT, with only minimal degradation to performance. I believe my installation would meet the criteria stipulated.
When the team arrived I discussed how the wiring of the East and West arrays would be done. I was expecting wiring to be in parallel, the installer said the East and West arrays should be wired in series. I phoned Fronius technical support and had them speak to the installer. Fronius insisted the connection of the two arrays had to be parallel. However this would cause the input amperage limit to be exceeded due to the number of panels. In the end, I instructed the installer to install the panels planned for East array to be added to the West array.
The system produces more power in the afternoons due to the large West array. Having an East array would have spread that power more evenly through the day. I am very satisfied with the system as installed, but believe that FES should have contacted Fronius technical support ahead of the installation to better understand the workings of the East / West configuration.
In fairness to the installer, I should also state that the Fronius article did not provide a clear summary of the conditions to be met for the East West configuration to work. It was buried in the detail and not complete.
The article can be found at
then search for East West in the download search.
Tom and his team did a great job, were very knowledgeable and I felt confident in their ability to perform a quality installation.
Tom had excellent communication skills, was here when he said he would be and called if there were any hold ups, he acted with integrity and consideration and was forthright with any hold ups or issues. We are both very happy with Tom and his team as well as the installation
Would highly recommend Show additional information
Great company to deal with.
Installers were quick, clean and very helpful with questions etc.
First class installation team, I received a free upgrade to Hyundai panels, very satisfied. Show additional information
Tom the company owner was unreal, very knowledgeable about all types of systems.
Install was painless and quick. The installers were very particular with the installation.
Great company and would recommend to all my friends and family.
Value for Money - Think this was OK, They did try and sell me a lower spec inverter from another supplier.
Quality of System - I wanted the best, I hope I've got it. I now want to add a battery, so I hope the overall package is good and upgradable
Installation - Very disappointed, the installation was brought forward due to my friends recommendation, the installation crew where two young surfie dudes from Qld, who wanted to go home. Apart from getting into an argument with my neighbour because he challenged them over the none use of safety harnesses. A fair amount of swearing followed, with the fears that Workcover would be on site the next day. (My roof has a 5 degree slope, 6m in the air). One harness or rope was in the truck, but the second was missing, they had to buy the second kit.
There was an issue with the configuration of the panels, all was supposed to face north, but that made it a little bit more difficult, the installers wanted to stagger half of the panels to the west. Do they know something that we do not?
There's an ongoing issue with the AC in voltage in our area, the inverter had to be set to its maximum to get it into production, our voltage often exceeds 257 volts. This was just an off the cuff comment.
The inverter was configured by the installers, using their own phone. I had to wade through the documents and U-Tube to finally understand how the wireless system works. Some of the issue here is that the inverters web page is located in Germany and certain things don't happen automatically. ie access rights etc. The inverter was purchased with the data logging option, so a walk thru showing access should have been part of the package.
Customer Service - Well, I think we wasted 4 weeks waiting for FES to confirm that they can not do what they promised to do in an e-mail.
Have I ever met the FES representative? No.
Would I use a small company again,? No.
The cost difference was about $600, I think we should have stayed with our preferred supplier.
We had a 4.6kw LG system installed, 14x 330 watt lg panels and solar edge inverter, Spoke with Tom Sexton at Freedom Energy Solutions, the customer service is excellent, the installation was very professional and we are very happy with the service provided, we can recommend Tom and his team very highly.

We will definitely get Tom back for an LG battery and more panels. Can't recommend highly enough.

Cheers Tom and his Team,

Will
Thank you Finn for recommending Freedom Energy Solutions. Without your knowledge and recommendations we would have been confused. My sons had quite a few discussions with Tom regarding the whole system and he was always helpful. Tom and his crew were very hard workers and answered any questions I asked. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a team who know their job and do it very well Show additional information
The team were terrific to talk to, understood our needs and offered assistance and advice and always returned our calls promptly when they said they would, all round they were great providers. Show additional information
If asked I will happily recommend Tom and his team from Freedom Energy Solutions. Show additional information
Tom was very helpfull Show additional information
Hasent been installed yet but have been great to deal with so far Show additional information
Freedom Energy were excellent to deal with.....totally happy, and would recommend them to all. Show additional information
Thanks Finn for a great website and for your solar fitter recommendations. After coming to your website you put me in touch with Tom Sexton from Freedom Energy Solutions. After reading all of his reviews and before speaking with him I already felt very confident. What a great business and what a nice bloke. It was a breath of fresh air to speak with a person who genuinely knows his stuff. I had plenty of questions to ask and he had all the answers. Everything was explained in an easy to understand format and needless to say we had no hesitation in proceeding. Our system was fitted in a timely fashion by a great team of tradies lead by Jackson. Jackson was very helpful, incredibly well organized, did a great job and left our house exactly the way he found it. Our after sales or after fitting service has also been very good.
Thank you Finn and to the team of Freedom Energy Solutions.
Tom embraces customer service. He responds almost instantly to any enquiry and delivers on his promises. The installers were efficient, polite and did a great, tidy job. We had quotes from local firms for twice the price for comparable systems - given the quality of the service and product it's is difficult to see how they can justify their price difference. We have recommended FES to a number of friends considering solar installation. Show additional information
I would like to thank Tom Sexton, the Operations Manager for organizing the install. The team of installers were brilliant and really went the extra mile. Everything was so perfect. I highly recommend them. Show additional information