Freedom Energy Solutions Group Pty Ltd

Freedom Energy Solutions Group Pty Ltd Reviews

Freedom Energy Solutions Group Pty Ltd is a Solar Power Installation company based in Byron Bay and serves NSW. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $5,500 - $7,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Freedom Energy Solutions Group Pty Ltd Reviews (206)

Getting Solar was a pleasurable Experience

The quoting for the new system was exceptional. Initial quotes received in a day. A further quote was organised after discussions regarding the best layout.
The installation went without any problem The team were on site the day any time specifies. The installation was completed that day. Tom and Pat were great to work with and considering they were a man down went beyond the call to complete the job. The installation area was left spotless after they finished the job.
As we had an old Solar setup already connected there was no need arrange connection to the grid.
The system was up and feeding back to the grid as soon as the job was complete/

Original Review on 06-10-2020:

Fast efficient friendly

Freedom energy were good to work with and provided 3 quotes.
They were great at answering all my questions, and making sure I understood what I was getting to my satisfaction. They were happy to take my calls.
Installation was quick and efficient. All the team were polite and helpful. They were tidy and punctual.
Customer service was great, and they helped organize the grid connection and contacted our energy retailer

11 months later we asked Mary: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The solar system is great, but the power companies limit our benefits. We produce more twice what we use, but our power bills have only halved. I am concerned that the electrical companies will do everything in their power to stop us reducing our bills, despite their claim to be focused on green energy.

Excellent in all ways.

The price was comparable with other quotes, the quality rated highly but the interpersonal relationship with Tom Sexton, the information he freely shared to allow me to make my decision and the service he offered with installation was by far the best, most honest and easily understood. Thanks you for your part in that process.

Great people to get on with

They quoted me for what I asked for they came when they said they would very polite and tidy yes they did organise the grid connection

Great customer service, not pushy sales, upfront on all information

Simple straight forward sales and quotes. To the point with all information. Very polite and easy to get along with on install. Everything sorted for connection and always kept up to date on install times. Very helpful and informative with optional payment plan.

Fast and quick install.

They were hear on time and very efficient and fast a great job all round.

Original Review on 21-11-2020:

Professional across the whole deal

Freedom were the only company to quote.
They rang to ascertain my requirements.
I then received four quotes for fourvariances of their systems.
Communication was excellent.
They arrange a time and date and were punctual.
There was no mess, no fuss.
Excellent company to deal with. Thank you for your direction

7 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It is inputting approx 5.2 to 5.3 max. It is a 6kw system and I’m assuming the input would have to be under “perfect” conditions.
Freedom said they would advise origin of the installation so origin could arrange connection to the grid. This never happened. The email addresses and previous contact details are not connected

Fast, pleasant, no bull s..t!

Efficient, honest, direct sales process. Very easy communication. Installation was fast, on time. Everything was explained to me. Left a few wiring scraps, no big deal. Helped me with some heavy lifting independent of the job.
Completed the job the next day after a prolonged power failure.
Could have wished for better service.

Original Review on 19-09-2020:

Nice work guys!

Tom made the experience easy from start to finish. Gave us a number options in terms of quality levels and price and enough details that I could do my our research and make a decision I was happy with. Original ratings

9 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, no surprises!

Responsive, no surprises

Tom at Freedom was excellent to deal with and answered all my questions in a timely and informative manner. No hesitation in recommending this company to those looking to instal a solar system.

Thanks Freedom

Very happy with the service and the system. Nothing was a problem and they were flexible to my requirements.

I have no hesitation recommending Freedom to anyone.
Thankyou to Solar quotes for sharing the knowledge.

Fantastic system at a very good price, Tom was excellent, installation was quick and very professional

Sales was excellent with quote for a very good system Fronius inverter with q-cell panels.

Installation was quick and very professional all personnel were polite, tidy and punctual, dressed in their Freedom Energy uniforms.

Grid installation was quick and well organised. Follow up is ongoing with Tom for a happy customer.

Original Review on 11-09-2020:

Highly recommend

Highly recommend Tom and his business they organised everything through to arranging grid connection. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Graeme : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Extremely happy overall reduced bill from $1400 to $800 a quarter

Was taken through the process step by step

From word go Tom got back to me straight away every time, considered every alternative to give me the best result that I needed for the best return on my system. When the installers came to the house, they left it the way it was when they got there. If it wasn't for the solar panels on my roof I would not have even known that they had been. Tom has promised to follow up with my bills to make sure I am getting the best return on my unused energy and to follow up on any issues I may have. Overall the whole process was easy, with no stress at all, the price was easily in the price range of other companies with similar manufacturers and Freedom did what they said the would, in the time frame that was given, any changes were always discussed with me and the job was done cleanly & efficiently. I couldn't be happier! I'm looking forward to my first electricity bill and I never thought I would ever say that!

Couldn't be happier

I'd done quite a lot of research over the years and finally bit the bullet. I received 3 quotes through Solar Quotes and one locally. I nearly went local but couldn't resist Tom's deal. Being a few hours away from Tom's base I was a little apprehensive incase there were any issues in the future, but the team pack up and do regular road trips through my area so not really an issue.

From go to whoa the whole process was great, I can't fault any part. The team of three were great guys and nothing was a problem. The install date went ahead as planned, the quality of work was top notch and after they left you wouldn't have known they'd even been.........except for the abundance of free electricity!

Fantastic installation

Tom made contact quickly and was available to answer all my questions. He provided me with 3 possible systems and links to the docs and reviews for the cells and inverter. He arranged a date and his team arrived promptly and set straight to work. The installation was easy, quick, hassle-free and professional. They were done in 3.5 hours. Very happy. Highly recommended.

Professional and friendly

Can speak highly enough of Tom and the team. There response to the request for quote was quick and explained well. The time frame they said they needed to install was spot on. Very professional when they did the job. Very pleased with them

Highly recommend Freedom Energy Solutions

From start to finish, Tom, at Freedom Energy was wonderful to deal with. No question went unanswered and all was explained in plain English.
The installation process took no time at all, they were punctual and efficient and there was no mess left behind.
Customer Service was also fantastic, Tom organised everything with the grid connection.
I highly recommend this company.

Efficient happy to answer my questions and not pushy

Tidy punctual organised all follow up with my energy provider and seemed happy to assist in future re any probs

Very happy with our system, installation & customer service

I contacted several companies to obtain solar quotes. Tom from Freedom Energy was the first company to contact me. Tom provided 4 quotes with various system combinations. Tom was very polite and informative, not pushy at all. The install took place on the date and time booked. Installation went very smoothly and with an electrician as part of the install team, we were up and running & connected to the grid within 6 hours of the time the team arrived. I would recommend Freedom Energy for a hassle free and professional service.

Quick, professional and easy.

I found Freedom Energy Solutions very easy to deal and always quick to respond to any queries that we had. They arrived on time, completed the install on time and left no mess. All in all, am very pleased with my experience and would recommend them to others.

Excellent service

Great service and very professional. I can't use any more words

Original Review on 06-05-2020:

Great Experience all around

The request for a quote was prompt. A little surprised that there was no on site inspection prior to quote but with Google Maps, they were able to show panel placements on my roof. The quote was based on a middle of the range 6.6kW system and I was happy with recommendations.
The installation was on the money - arrival on time, 4 hrs total spent on job, consultant on hand to explain everything and neat and tidy.
Very happy with company and installers.

8 months later we asked Gerard: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has been completely problem free and the performance statistics from Solar Analytics has been excellent. I have not had any contact with the installer as there has been no need to contact them. It would be nice to get a call from them to check on my feedback after one year.

Efficient, reliable & very professional

Efficient, reliable & very professional was how Freedom Energy Solutions conducted themselves. They turned up when they said they would, cleaned up the site before leaving & were very professional with thie administration. Highly Recommended

Helpful and informative

Tom and his team were punctual and very professional. We were really impressed with the quoting process as everything was set out in an easy format and we had quite a few options to choose from . The quote set out all the information we needed to know from graphs that showed performance over time eg. the cost with solar and the cost without solar etc.Tom was only a text message or email away if we had queries. The whole process was very simple and smooth from start to finish . They could see our house with google and it even had a picture and a proposed layout which we had not gotten from an earlier quote with another company. Also, when they turned up the day before, the team worked with us and what we would like and what would work and adjusted no worries. Tom sent off the paperwork and was contactable with further questions we had. All in all we were really impressed with their knowledge and friendly, professional approach. They were very efficient and did well as we were in the middle of a heat wave that week!

Awesome in every way.

Tom was great, very knowledgeable and shared this with us. Answered all of our questions promptly.
Very efficient when installation was done.
I feel confident if we need contact him post installation for anything

Just right

Freedom Energy and Tom were great. Communication was tops, installation was efficient and they arrived at the appointed time. It was all up and working in no time and what we needed to know about it operation explained in simple terms. We are very happy.

Excellent from wo to go

Very clear and patient in explanation, review and quoted system adjustments. Tidy, organised and systematic with installation. No hesitation in sorting unforeseen complications in our existing electrical system. System works exactly, if not slightly better than indicated in quote. Happy customer, would recommend to anyone.

All questions answered simply and in terms that I understood the installation took not time at all there was no mess left and afterwards the work done was explained and I got a rundown on everything

Arrived punctual the work was done with a minimal of noise and was completed within their stated time Ann care was taken and any mess cleaned up the converter system was explained and how it operated beside my power box I very happy with Tom and his installation

Original Review on 28-12-2019:

Efficient and not over the top

Freedom energy were quick to respond and provided a no nonsense quote which was very clear as to what they proposed to provide..They nominated a time and date for the installation and arrived right on time, completing the installation in the stipulated time and leaving no mess. The installation manager made a number of calls in order to ensure that everything was operating satisfactorily We could not have been happier Original ratings

8 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has exceeded my expectations and with the feedback to the grid has made a significant decrease in the amount of our monthly bill

Very helpful and friendly installers.

I spoke on the phone to the company and they were polite and friendly, giving me all the information I required. I didn't feel like they were too pushy and asked me to contact them if I had any further enquiries.
The install team turned up exactly when they said they would and finished the job in the time they said they would. They were nice guys to deal with. They were even very accommodating of 6 baby goats in their work spacce.

Installation was first rate and panels placed on north and north west roof in perfect position

Quoting process was simple (by use of satellite technology) and the install went off without a hitch. All mess was clared up when finished and already having a smaller system taken off and a larger one replacing it, the grid connection process was already in place .

Tried to support local suppliers...but Freedom Energy Solutions won out at every turn!

Surprised when SolarQuotes didnt return any local options (wanted to support local business when making the purchase). Subsequently worked with SolarQuotes suppliers and separately got local quotes.

Getting 'apples with apples' quotes was difficult (each supplier seemed to try and slip in one or more lower quality component to try and win on price). Freedom Energy Solutions (FES) were the exception and supplied all the information / quoted all options for comparison to allow an informed decision to proceed.

Install went ahead exactly as FES said it would (time date etc)...although a problem with a SolarEdge (SE) monitoring / meter which took several visits for the FES team to resolve (at FES's expense with SE being very hard to deal with and reluctant / slow to agree a monitoring component was faulty). Was not happy with SolarEdge's support that we witnesses when the FES team were working with them to trobleshoot the issues being experienced.

In the end, FES suggested install of the Solar Analytics monitoring hardware and platform...which turned out to be a much better option all round. (This was done entirely at FES's expense). It operates flawlessly via 4G rather than SE's wifi option it replaced (no home network security issues). FES also paid the lifetime subscription fees which was a real bonus!

FES arranged the grid connection and followed up with the energy supplier to push that along.

Staff at all levels have been friendly and efficient and deal with calls, messages, requests etc very quickly and professionally.

If you want quality components, service and professional staff...do consider FES for your supply and install.

Fantasy experience

Right from the get go this experience was great. After jumping into the solar rabbit hole and getting dodgy sales pitches, Tom and his team were a breath of fresh air. Professional, factual, helpful and honest. The installation was efficient, friendly and seamless. Everything was explained and set up to perfection. I highly recommend this team, best investment ever! Thank you.

Fantastic Experience & great service

Sales/quoting process was within 24 hours, presentation of quote, including correct overhead photo of address provided was spot on. Warranty was a big decision maker too, better quality panels and good inverter.
Installation was quick and completed within time frame given. very polite & knowledgeable, tidy installation cleaned up as they went, no mess to clean up. Very punctual and arrived at booked time and day.

Great customer service, fantastic to deal with, also organised grid connection and also emailed me a copy of compliance certificate, in case we had any problems with AGL, as we had just changed energy providers from Red Energy (who i wouldn't recommend...total rip off)
Tom has also followed up since to make sure everything is working ok.

Original Review on 24-10-2019:

Quality installer

great service and and quality installation with no hidden costs, recommend them to any one Original ratings

8 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It is working fine and has reduced my power bill by over 60% so I’m happy with that, but I’ve had to move and adjust panels To reduce shading and will most likely have to Replace the electrical conduit in the future as the installer used non uv conduit .
If I could do it all over again I would of gone with one of those cheap deals advertised on tv.

Satisfied Customer.

The whole project went well and on time. Did not expect any better. They delivered what they quoted. I would recommend them to others.

Unexpectedly enjoyable solar experience. Fantastic Company to do business with.

We live in a rural area of the Mid-North Coast of NSW and went looking for a solar system supplier and installer to provide and install a system for our house, which meant that it was difficult to find companies that would service our area. Solarquotes could only find a single company in our area that had the ability or the capacity to quote for us and subsequently Freedom Energy Solutions was the only one that got back to me.

After several discussions by phone, Tom from Freedom Energy Solutions sent me a number of options and we settled on a 10KW system (one of our stipulations). It is worth mentioning that we would never normally accept a quote without getting comparative quotes from other companies but Tom impressed me from the outset on his product knowledge and his commonsense approach to our requirements. He talked me out of some expensive options that I'm sure would have increased his profit but made it clear that they were just not the right way to go.

Then the coronavirus situation reared its head and things started looking dicey both for future supply of the panels and the inverters, and for contractors to travel to work sites. We asked Tom if he could bring the installation forward and he was happy to fit us into a spot that had just opened up.

We received a phone call the day before it was scheduled and Tom and his team of two arrived on time the next day. They installed the racking and cabling and inverters and came back early the next day to install the panels and configure the management system.

Since the installation Tom has handled the grid connection for us and we are just waiting for our supplier to come out and replace the aging meter.
Tom called me earlier this week to check up on us and told me to call him whenever we had questions.

We couldn't be happier with our experience with Freedom Energy Solutions and couldn't recommend them highly enough. Awesome communicators, exceptional prices and really good quality components. (The one part of the equation I could do a lot of research on prior to install). They were such nice people to deal with all the way through the process, the installation went off without a hitch, and they were quick and super-responsive. Ten out of ten!

Very happy with installation

From the start when contacted by Dom I have been happy with Freedom.answer a million questions by me promptly,sent me info that didn’t push one brand but explained which were the better brands.along with my own research I choose what was best for me.after paying deposit found I had more questions with in Tom answered no worries.
Installation was quick and painless,Tom and the boys did a nice neat job and there was nothing to pick up afterwards,they consulted with me about where all the equipment was to go on the roof and mounted to the wall working to get the best for me.
Have had a few questions since it has been up about using the app and Tom has chased the info for me and been quick with returning my calls
All up the level of professionalism and customer service is excellent and I can’t recommend Freedom enough to anyone thinking about getting a solar system/battery

Original Review on 29-07-2019:

8 months later we asked Inez: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it has. We are very pleased with the performance. We have a credit from our last two accounts of $340. The next account is also showing a credit so far it will be in June.

Quality install

Enquired for a few different quotes with different scenarios and they supplied them quickly and clearly.

Great Service and very informative

Tom was very knowledgeable and nothing was a problem,they turned up when they said they would and was a very neat installation no messy cabling on outside of brickwork went through the cavity in wall.

First class installation and installer.

Tom is hands on from the word go and nothing is to much trouble with questions the quote and then the installation and best of all he is a part of his installation team who are a great mob of blokes.
The workmanship, tidiness and everything else from Tom and his team was flawless.
Even though the system was installed only yesterday I just had a call from Tom checking if everything was ok and did I have any questions...that’s good service!
Freedom Energy Solutions (Byron Bay) have nailed it.

Fantastic job

We where extremely happy with Tom and his team he said he would be here at 7 am was spot on time had job done in no time at all with no rubbish left lying around and we would recommend them to anyone.

Original Review on 27-05-2019:

8 months later we asked Gary: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Has exceeded expectations

don't like the star system much but there are no difficulties or compaints.

All three quotes were excellent and we had great difficulty choosing one.
Freedom arrived on the appointed day and time and installed the system in a very professional way. They underpromised and over performed in every aspect of the installation.
We are still in the process of grid connection but Tom has done everything necessary to facilitate this and we are confident that this will run it's natural course.
The real test is aftersales service but we are very confident that Freedom Energy will be there when needed.
Thanks to all the Freedom team involved with our installation.

Original Review on 26-04-2019:

*****FIVE Stars for Solar Quotes.com.au for helping educate me in all things solar!
FREEDOM Energy Solutions Group were absolutely unfaultable. Excellent quality products, service and installation.
We would definitely recommend Tom and his team to anyone considering purchasing a solar system.

8 months later we asked Elyce: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

This system is fantastic! It has by far exceeded our expectations. Our energy bill is so incredibly low. This size system is perfect for our house.

Easy done

Did everything. On time put frames at no cost 100 % happy

Superb communication and customer service.

Tom, Steve and team (sport I couldn’t remember your names) were fantastic to deal with.

Tom provided a few quotes for different systems. Although this was a bit daunting at first, I was guided by the solar quotes site and selected what i determined was the best system, with long term warranty, still at an affordable price. I’m pleased to have had the choice of systems or I would have purchased a lower quality system based on price. Very appreciative!!

The installation team were fantastic. They arrived when they said they would, even after travelling around bush fire zones. The 4 men were extremely polite, trustworthy and respectful. Everything was cleaned up and they even replaced broken tiles on our roof.

The best part was we had fully functional solar in a few hours and They sorted the rebates, Communication with our electrical retailer and the upgrade to the meter board.

A very professional team who provided us with an exceptional solar and trade experience.

Excellent work

Quick and keen
Great value for money
Very happy with the process