• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

GEM Energy Reviews

About GEM Energy, Solar Installers

GEM Energy Australia is an award winning renewable energy consultancy. Specializing in photovoltaic engineering, electrical engineering, energy efficiency, financial feasibility analysis and multiple systems integration. Our objective is to provide comprehensive best practice solutions for our customers. By effectively supporting and communicating with all stakeholders together with thorough planning and design we consistently lead the market in delivering premium and innovative turn-key projects.

Areas of Expertise:
• Smart energy management systems for remote monitoring stations, pump controls, lighting plants, CCTV stations etc.
• Off-grid/remote hybrid energy systems.
• Solar PV – Residential, SME, C&I and Utility
• Battery storage systems – Residential, SME, C&I and Utility
• Commercial LED lighting solutions.
• Power Factor Correction.
• Energy monitoring and consultancy.
• Tri-generation and Co-Generation Energy Systems.
• UPS Systems.

GEM Energy Australia is recognised as one of Australia’s leading renewable energy providers and are a CEC approved solar retailer, are multiple CEC award winners and ISO 9001 certified.

GEM is uncompromising when it comes to quality equipment and installations, innovative and customized design together with first class project management. Our key strategic finance partnerships with CBA and NAB, provide a secure and industry leading project finance for our clients.

GEM Energy Solar Reviews

Solar PV system - QCells 280W panels & Fronius Primo 5kw inverter.

Adam Low was prompt, professional and explained the various packages in an easy to understand manner.

The quotation package was comprehensive and the quote addressed all of the relevant requirements (as the quote I needed also attracted a State/Territory home improvement grant - therefore the quote needed to be structured in a specific manner).

Installation was a breeze. Following completion, the personnel connected and set up the Fronius Solar App / Network while also going through and explaining the use of the app and computer system.

Over the past 12 months, my solar system has been very effective and I am currently energy positive, generating a substantial amount more electricity than I use (approximately 20-30+% positive electricity production). In terms of service and maintenance, after a number of severe weather events (including a cyclone), minor error notifications were transmitted by the Fronius system to my phone (via sms) and my email. I forwarded the error notifications to Gem Energy and (despite the ongoing weather issues), a Gem Energy contractor was on-site within a 1-2 Business Days, with immediate rectification and reset of the system.

I am extremely satisfied with the installation, system performance and ongoing service provided by Gem Energy to date. I highly recommend.
Of the three quotes that you requested for me, Gem Energy called me Immediately, one of the others called me a week later and the third....never called at all.
Having done my homework on your website, I knew exactly what I was looking for and Gem was able to tick all the boxes.
I opted for a 7.6Kw system with a 6 Kw Inverter with all parts coming with a 10 year warranty.
I am very happy with the install and the communication through the entire process. They also put me in touch with a fantastic finance package.
From all of the Horror stories that you hear about solar installs - mine was more like a fairy tale.
Thank you so much for your website and the services that you provide.
Good people to deal with which starts from the admin to electrican Show additional information
Have had the date to install put off for a couple of weeks which is a bit annoying as it costs me money and it is a few weeks since a $1000 deposit was paid. Show additional information
I have ordered the system and waiting for installation Show additional information
Gem installed our PV system about twelve months ago using top line SunPower panels and a Fronius inverter. All working perfectly and often above panel rating. Adam and the GEM team were very helpful. I cross checked the info we got from GEM with the solarquotes website and it all stacked up...no salesman BS at all. Very happy with GEM, highly recommend. Show additional information
After 6 months they still haven't submitted paperwork to our energy provider. We get promises of call back that never eventuate. Hopeless Show additional information
I chose to go with a suppler that is a member of the green energy council Show additional information
Amazing service
Stuart from Gem rang me back promptly and visited us to explain the entire system in detail without sugar coating it or exaggerating just gave us the facts, price came in the best and the installation was perfectly organised with there friendly office staff advising us along the way.
Would recommend them over other installers we looked at in Darwin.
Others when googled had a list of complaints had gone out of business and even the larger ones when searched were in and out of court with insolvency we had almost gone with another supplier before calling Gem only to see they were in court with ASIC.
We were very impressed with the engineer who was our first point of contact. It is important to note that you deal with a number of people in the process. Make sure you know what you want and don't be afraid to keep checking and asking. There can be differences between what the engineer suggests and writes down and the electrical installer thinks. Take time to get the facts and even if it delays the job, it is worth getting it right. We were happy with our experience but could not have done it without the info given by Solar Quotes. Show additional information
We chose GEM as their interaction with us has been very professional and prompt. We are still waiting for the install to happen which should be soon. An electrician came from Ballina to checkout our roof and power box. All is OK.
While he was here he offered to remove Origin Energy's off-peak actuator and meter - his quote being considerable less than Origin, was accepted.
It was very helpful to have this service. Thank you. Show additional information
Gem Energy Sales person Adam is very professional and good person too. He understands the customer need and accordingly provide options to choose. I am very happy from solar quotes to final installation processes. As a customer service officer at Darwin is too good to handle all the paper works and informed me all the future event. A great thanks to Dean and his team who has installed solar very efficiently. Finally great thanks to Gem Energy team and management whom I might not have met but their mind and services are equally credited for such excellent job. Show additional information
Thank you for the excellent information, guidelines and advice that I received from both your website and of course Jonathan. Although my husband and I have a fairly extensive knowledge about our previous solar off-grid system purchased in 2000, in order to obtain the most current information I endured at least a further three days of extensive research of other independent material and perused many internet solar forums. I also held discussions and received feedback from other solar owners in my area and then requested five solar quotes. We finally decided to purchase a 3 phase on-grid system using Australian made Tindo Panels (25 year warranty) and a Fronius Inverter (10 year warranty). As we reside 150kms from the city, GEM Energy Australia's quote was not only the lowest but also includes supply and installation of tilt frames on our flat roof. There are no other hidden fees or charges. We are happy to recommend GEM Energy Australia to everyone. Kind regards, Karyn - Dundee Beach NT Show additional information
Great customer service and quick installation. Show additional information
Explained everything nicely, offered generously to visit warehouse to inspect product. competitive quote with quality product. Happy to have aussie made panel and pleased to have service from Adam. Show additional information