Green Sky Australia

Green Sky Australia Reviews

4.5

Based on 330 ratings  - Aus Ranking

Green Sky Australia changed ownership in March 2021.
The team at Green Sky bring together many years’ experience, to ensure that we deliver the results you need. Whether it’s a Solar System, Air Conditioning, or electrical work we’ve got proven experience. Unlike some competitors, our focus is not on getting the most money out of you, it is on delivering the result that you require. These days we all spend a lot of our lives working, so we figure that you’ve got to enjoy what you do, and always have fun. Right?! The Green Sky team love to help people. We enjoy getting out of the office and really assisting our clients with their needs. Don’t be afraid to send us an email or pick up the phone and speak with one of our friendly team members We believe that all of our business dealings should be win/win. If both parties aren’t happy, what’s the point? We constantly strive to deliver the best for our clients. Happy customers breed happy customers, and at Green Sky we pride ourselves on the large number of referrals we receive. Over the years we have been known as Nicholls Group Victoria and in this time we have grown and evolved, so we thought it was time we upped our game and decided on a more fitting name change too! We are still the same friendly company, the same highly-experienced team, with the same great service… plus a fantastic new name.

Reviewers report paying: $5,000 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Green Sky Australia Reviews (330)

7kW

Q-MAXX (Other)

Original Review on 25-07-2020:

Professionalism and use of quality products.

Due to COVID, Keith relied on the Google earth view of my home rather than conduct a site inspection, but he was happy to discuss matters at length. Other quotes and discussions from those who had inspected the site, confirmed that Keith's assessment of appropriate positioning was correct, My research also confirmed that the product brands specified were high quality. All other quotes were clearly compromised by inferior brand products specified. The quote was also inclusive of the hire of safety rails needed for installation on a second storey roof,and as the installation of an extra master switch to the power board, in addition to the inverter master switch, because my 1999 power board did not have one at all.

The installation team were polite, professional and did a very neat job in positioning the inverter and the wiring. I was advised that once the independent inspector had unlocked the inverter switch, I would be using the power generated, but that the grid connection would take few weeks. Greensky did promptly request a copy of my electricity bill so that they organise the grid connection. A month has passed since installation and it appears that they still do not have the inspector's certificate despite the inspector having unlocked the inverter switch about a week after installation.

Follow Up Review on 17-02-2021:

My expectations were for a reduction in my energy bills and the capacity to run newly installed air-conditioners in my living area and my bedroom without incurring a huge bilI. In fact, with the help of the feed-in tariff, the system has eliminated all power charges for my house.
It has also achieved a dramatic reduction in my winter gas bills because I now use the air-conditioners' reverse cycle function in my living room and bedroom in place of my ducted gas heating system.
As I use the same biller for my home and my beach house, the feed in tariff for my home also offsets most of the power charges for the beach house despite the latter not having its own PV system.
Hide Adrian's Comment

Canadian Solar Inc

Inverter Brand

Couldn't have asked for better

We recently used Green Sky after a sudden storm ripped 3 panels from the roof. Keith and his team were amazing. Quality advice, prompt and efficient service, nothing was an issue. They removed the exisiting system, reinstalled it in line with current standards, added a couple of additional panels, diagnosed a controller issue we weren't even aware of, then when there was a couple of hiccups with the configuration, they persevered and sorted out our issue.
I cant recommend Keith and the team at Green Sky highly enough. Superb service!!!

Hide Stephen's Comment

Pre installation

The team at Green Skye Solar were very helpful and answered all my questions.
Hide Neil's Comment

$0 to $2,000

Inverter Brand

Easy process and great result!

The sales and quoting process was quick and easy. The installation was completed in a day and everything worked perfectly. It's been 6 months since the system was installed and there are no issues to report. Very happy with the system.
Hide Jude's Comment

Reliable and no BS!

Keith visited us and was very genuine with his approach - that was they key reason I decided to go with GreenSky. The installation was done on the day. Only one issue was that the consumption monitoring meter brought on the day was the wrong one. This was the day before Melbourne Stage 4 Covid lockdown, and so this will be installed once restrictions are eased - otherwise, I'm pretty sure it would have been installed the next day.

After sales information and service was helpful and I was connected very quickly.

Hide Rodd's Comment

LG

Exceptional all around

We knew very little of solar panels and solar systems going in to our purchase (despite reading the articles found here) and yet with Green Sky Australia it always felt as if we were well informed.
The installation was quick and the communication at each step was fantastic. The quality of our panels and inverter are excellent (or so I am reliable informed) as is the quality of the installation.
Most importantly for us the support before, during and after installation has been amazing. Keith has been supportive and helpful at every step and I feel confident that as the system fulfills its purpose we will never lack support.
Could not recommend them more highly.
Hide Joel's Comment

Highly Recommend Green Sky Australia

Green Sky Solar was excellent to deal with, I obtained quotes from 4 suppliers and all of them were trying to push to the the sale run rather than actually understanding my need, Keith was the only person who came over to access and provided me with a quote and he also said due to my roof structure to go for a slightly smaller inverter which saved me a bit of money. Reece and his team did a excellent job in installation. Kristy who is the Admin lady is fantastic as well. I received my first bill and my energy bill has dropped by almost 50% in (In August) despite being a very wet month. I would highly recommend Green Sky Australia.
Hide Nils's Comment

Inverter Brand

Very happy with the whole service!

The quote was delivered very systematically & with no-nonsense & no pushy sales people.

All my questioned were answered.
The install crew were also great & everything was connected very quickly.
Would definitely recommend Green Sky Carrum Downs to others.
I got a great quality System for a great price.

Couldn't have happened without Solar Quotes of course. The videos helped me gain the knowledge I needed too.

Hide Thomas's Comment

3/5

Solaredge

Inverter Brand

Great service right to the end

Great service and communication all through the process from quoting to install to commissioning. Installation crew was accomodating and flexible to the specifics for my house. Despite a number of challenges during the install due to the home wiring and complexity, the GreenSky team pushed through to resolve all issues and ensure the system was operating correctly.
Hide Michael 's Comment

Excellent installers

Very prompt and professional follow up, great price and an excellent installation.
Hide Wayne's Comment

Inverter Brand

It was a very tidy solar installation

It was Keith, who was really knowledgeable and was easy to get a quotation compared to other solar sales people who were really pushing to pay advance in the very early stage. Installation was done on the scheduled day and I requested the inverter to be in the garage. It was very neat and tidy work by the installers. Recommend to anyone.
Hide Charith's Comment

Original Review on 18-10-2019:

Very happy

I felt that Keith, the owner, was a lot more knowledgeable than other companies' representatives. He quickly dismissed some of the suggestions that other salespeople had made as being impractical, and I agreed with his logic.
The office staff and installers were friendly and easy to deal with.
I pointed out a potential issue with voltage rise not being within the 2% limit as specified by AS4777, and Keith agreed, and was happy to rectify the issue by replacing some of the wiring with thicker wires and doubling up on another section.
The inspector commented that the quality of the installation was "very good". When I told him who installed it, he stated that Green Sky have been in the business for a long time and do good work.
Overall I would not hesitate to recommend Green Sky to family and friends, and in fact I have done so already.

Follow Up Review on 18-06-2020:

Very happy with our decision to get solar and to go with Green Sky.

Now that we are in winter, on an average day the system is only producing about a quarter of what it was producing on an average day in the peak of summer. Most of our panels are nearly flat, which doesn't help. I'm not unhappy about this, as I knew it would happen, but it is interesting.
Hide Reuben's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great company to deal with and so far so good for the system they installed

Keith came around to check out roof and went through the system options with me, answering all Q's I had.
Simple decision to make to select Green Sky Australia after this quotation meeting.
Communication about install date and details was excellent throughout, and guys installing were great and went through all of the key things I needed to know about the inverter etc once they had finished.
Hide Brendan's Comment

Trusted Family Business

Was recommended Green Sky Australia by a neighbour after receiving quotes from two larger retailers.

Firstly Keith visited our premises and took the time to review our installation and thoroughly cover and answer all details making us feel valued as potential customers.

There was no pressure and although their price was marginally above the other quotes we trusted that the panels recommend were best for us, as was the inverter (taking into account we had 3 phase power) and that the installation team were experienced employees.

Went ahead the day later and from that point we felt like we had made the correct decision as everything they promised was delivered.

Communication between their office was outstanding up to the installation, the installation team were fantastic. Pleasure to have tradesman who worked so dilegently, cleaned up completely and thoroughly went through everything before leaving site.

Again head office started the ball rolling regards electrical inspection, electrical retailer contact like a well oiled machine.

Fabulous family business to deal with and feel confident that they would behave the same should we ever have need for unexpected issues.

Thank you Keith and team.
Hide Peter's Comment

Cost

QCells Q-PeakDUO-G5 326 by 20units (Other)

Original Review on 07-08-2019:

Very professional from go to whoa! We are very happy we went with Green Sky.

Follow Up Review on 07-04-2020:

System has performed above and beyond our expectations. Quarterly bill over summer was $48.11 compared to same period the previous year of $586!! a decrease in usage from the grid of 60%.
Hide Ian's Comment

Inverter Brand

Fantastic people to deal with!!!

Keith was exceptionally a nice person to deal with and so were his whole team at Greensky Australia.Gave me a great quote and the installation blokes were awesome, did a great job with no trace of a mess. Highly recommend Greensky Australia for your solar , their customer service is top notch.
Hide SEAN's Comment

Inverter Brand

Happy with the whole process

Not the cheapest quotation and we never want to choose the system just on price. Green sky offers the system that suit our family needs and advised we do not need the biggest system. Keith used the sun eye machine to check the shading issue we have on the roof which was the only one provider did ..Good customer services and follow up promptly ..we are very happy with the installation work which the job nicely completed in few hours.
Hide Yim's Comment

Good quality installer

Quick and excellent sales and technical discussion. No problems pre installation. On time installation. Installers neat and quick. It all now appears to be working.
Hide Robert's Comment

Professional Approach

From our initial phone conversation to the installation of our solar Green Sky were informative, professional, honest with good communication, our system was completed as per their schedule, they assisted with the relevant Government rebates and grid connection with our energy provider.
Hide Rod's Comment

Inverter Brand

Excellent job and good customer service

The initial site visit and quote was done by the owner of the business and he was extremely informative and conservative in his assessments. The installation process went smoothly, with just one minor issue that was promptly rectified. All up an excellent experience.
All of the real problems we experienced were outside of Green Sky's responsibilities and were squarely with our power supplier, Ausnet. We were not prepared for the delays, misinformation, extra charges and lack of service that Ausnet obviously sees as 'business as usual'. 7 months later we are still dealing with Ausnet admin issues!

Hide Mark's Comment

Original Review on 07-06-2019:

At this stage we have accepted the quotation and will confirm to proceed with installation after the Rebate program re-commences in July. Green Sky was the only supplier from the three sourced by you who contacted us. We got further quotes from other suppliers found through a site similar to yours. These quotes were all received by email and telephone calls. Keith Buxton from Green Sky was the only one who came on site to discuss the appropriate system for our needs, including recommended panels, inverter and installation position. I also researched a great deal including information on your site, to determine that the system recommended by Green Sky seems the most appropriate for us. I am grateful for the assistance of Solarquotes in all of this and await installation.

Follow Up Review on 04-02-2020:

Yes, I believe better than expected. I remain impressed with Green Sky for their service and value for money installation of a high quality system with worthwhile warranties. I don't know whether I need to follow up on the AC Voltage issue or if all is in order. On reading the United Energy information it appears we have cut our energy bills, and carbon emissions, by about 50%. All good.
Hide John's Comment

Inverter Brand

Fantastic installation by a very professional team

From the first call to the end it the team at greensky we’re the most professional team. From the office staff to the guys installing. Simply great
Hide Peter's Comment

Original Review on 18-05-2019:

It was a seemless experience, Keith the owner quoted the job. We felt very confident dealing with a Green Sky. The office staff in particular Louise was very efficient and professional. Our system has been in just 4 days and all paperwork has been completed and our rebate firm lodged.

Follow Up Review on 17-01-2020:

This system has exceeded our expectations. It was said that it would put out about 25KW on a good day, but it seems to generate more consistently above 30KW and just this past week 37.5. We are very happy
Hide Larraine's Comment

Inverter Brand

Strong communication, flexible and quality parts

Really happy with our solar installation from Green Sky. Their communication has been excellent, from initial quote to handover, and our system is working well. Both their back office and in-house installation team came across as really friendly and knowledgeable. We are in a tricky estate with some tough regulations, but GS was happy to make adjustments to the proposal in order to comply. We were briefed in a timely matter on every next step - it is so nice not having to chase up anything. They also only work with quality brands/parts. Very happy I went with this local company.
Hide Robin's Comment

Original Review on 09-05-2019:

Follow Up Review on 09-01-2020:

Very pleased with the performance of our system. Average daily production for the last 90 days, to 1st January 2020, is 25.17KWh.
Hide Anthony's Comment

Great Customer Service & Prompt Installation

Quoting was efficient and thorough. Provided detailed explanations and various solutions. Always happy to assist with various requests.
Installation took place just before Christmas which was so much sooner than we expected. Perfect timing right before the heat wave roars through. The installers are employed by the company, not contractors and they were all very polite and friendly. Very helpful and cleaned up after themselves.
We are just waiting for the certification to occur in order for the grid connection to be completed.
Can already see how our usage vs. production equates to money well spent. Will definitely see the return on investment in 2-3 years.
Very happy we took the plunge and would highly recommend Green Sky!
Hide Harmony's Comment

Original Review on 05-12-2018:

10 year guarantee from Green Sky for installation

Follow Up Review on 21-12-2019:

Yes, even exceeded my expectations, saved 3kWh on average off my usage, as well as the feed in savings.
Hide Graeme's Comment

Original Review on 18-04-2019:

We found the service from Green Sky to be professional and and timely, very happy customer

Follow Up Review on 18-12-2019:

Yes very pleased with system
Hide George's Comment

2kW

Original Review on 13-04-2019:

Expert advice you can trust, high quality system, professional and quick install - to be recommended without hesitation!

Follow Up Review on 14-12-2019:

Yes. panels, microinverters, central application and the reporting from Enphase via the web are all working fine, giving visibility to the effectiveness of each separate panel, as well as reporting on the overall production and consumption of electricity in a very granular form. Strongly recommended.
Hide Alex's Comment

Original Review on 11-04-2019:

Follow Up Review on 11-12-2019:

Hide Paul's Comment

6kW

Original Review on 05-04-2019:

Faultless pre-, during and post-installation service from your recommended company. Couldn’t have done it without you!

Follow Up Review on 08-12-2019:

The only complaint is regarding the :hager EGO71 automatic time switch for the water heating. Installers had two goes at making it work, we have subsequently tried many times and cannot make the programming stick.

Green Sky Australia has been a very impressive company to deal with.

Thank you Solarquotes. It would have been a much more troublesome process without you.
Hide Margaret's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great system installed by professional installer

- Green Sky's representative attended our property and was the only one of 4 companies that bothered to climb on the roof to advise on the best layout of the panels.
- Installation was scheduled for 11 November first thing in the morning, the installers attended on time and described the installation process in detail. The installation went very smoothly over two days, there were no surprises. They left the property tidy and switched the system on right away.
- The paper work was conducted at the end of the installation, Green Sky's back office team assisted in the process to connect us to the grid in a matter of only a week.
- Overall we couldn't be happier, the system already outperforms the projected efficiency and power generation.
Hide Juergen 's Comment

Smooth Process

Smooth process from quote till installation. Very professional. The office Louise is very responsive and helpful. The sales David is fast in responding queries. Good work.
Hide Hadi's Comment

Inverter Brand

Smooth and simple process with a quality product

Keith was personable and patient when explaining the different options for my solar installation and made every part of the process clear. The office staff, Louise and Kristy, were excellent and kept me up to date with each stage, organised the inspector and communication with my energy provider, provided all paperwork I needed to send to Solar Vic for the rebate and worked effectively to meet my time frame for completion and followed up with me to ensure I was happy. The scaffold installer and the solar installers were friendly, efficient and cleaned up after the job was completed. The installers took photos for me of the parts of the roof I could not see and explained the next steps. I received all paperwork on time as well as the solar manual. I have started producing energy and saving considerably on my electricity bills, more than I had anticipated. I couldn't be happier with Green Sky Australia and would recommend them unreservedly.
Hide Lynn's Comment

Original Review on 23-01-2019:

Follow Up Review on 16-09-2019:

Yes, performing to our expectations - we're now earning credits from our power company instead of having to pay bills. Although that may change as we've recently changed from gas heating to a reverse cycle split system, but hopefully should balance things out.
Hide Sebastien's Comment

LG

Great installer

Fast, efficient and friendly company that are happy to work out the tricky installs so the customer is happy.
Hide Chris's Comment

Inverter Brand

Wonderful service through whole proceess

Wonderful service from Quote, solar application to Solar Victoria and installation with regular updates! Installation staff arrived on time and polite and efficient and installation well done and no mess left!
Hide Owen's Comment

Micro inverter system

Salesperson took the time to answer all our questions and explain the solar system and the process of applying for Vic govt rebate & interest free loan. Because of our roof layout we needed to use micro inverters which made the system more expensive, but this was all well explained. Everything went as planned with the installation, the team from Green Sky were punctual and polite, really happy with the end result. Love the real-time system performance monitoring through the Enphase app.
Hide Marshall's Comment

Inverter Brand

Professional, friendly and efficient sales, installation and office personnel.

Received three detailed and costed options on same day as request for quote. Sales personnel were both professional and friendly.
Despite poor weather installers were efficient, tidy and friendly.
Office staff were exceptional. Always kept us informed and extremely helpful during the entire process.
Hide Gary's Comment

Q panels (Other)

Fronius (Other)

Inverter Brand

They did what they promised. Professional. As I would expect.
Hide Paul's Comment

$0 to $2,000

Amazing Service

They did a very good job and it was a smooth and easy process.
Hide Rohit's Comment

2kW

Jiangsu Xinghuo XHD-250

Panel Brand

In July this year the invertor stopped working. It turned out to be the Isolator Switch which had not been installed with silicone to seal the wire inlets at the top. The switches have been replaced and the the invertor continues to work. This is nearly 2 years after the 5 year warranty for this Invertor and the Company has been marvellous at getting the problem fixed.
Hide Jenny's Comment

$15,000 to $20,000

Cost

Knowledgeable on site visit explained all the different options and factors at play. A good experience.
Hide Jon's Comment

Cost

We got a couple of quotes but ended up going with Green Sky because of the after sales service. It's one thing to spend thousands of $$$ on a system but once installed how would we really know whether the system is working efficiently, as it should. The fact that the system is monitored for us was a large part of the determining factor to go with Green Sky.
Hide Tom's Comment

3/5

$15,000 to $20,000

Professionals.

Green Sky walked me through the process with professionalism. Easy and calm. Not pushy at all. The Sales Rep answered all my questions and even suggested a few ways to save money on the deal.
Hide Kyel's Comment

6kW

Green Sky Australia Very good to deal with value for money
Hide Harvey's Comment

Cost

Green Sky were excellent from the first contact. The only glitch we had was a delay in the supply of Sunpower panels which was the distributor's problem not Green Sky's. The installation team were efficient and effective with the system installed in half a day in poor weather. The install team were professional and a pleasure to deal with. The independent electrical inspector noted that the installation was "excellent". Follow up with paperwork was fantastic with all forms needed for grid connection and rebate applications provided the day after installation. A great company to deal with.
Hide Rob's Comment

Original Review on 21-09-2018:

Follow Up Review on 23-05-2019:

I have 24 270 w panels so in theory 6.4 kwh system. With the Fronius 5.0 kwh system the maximum I see produced is just over 5.04 kwh, so I am not sure whether I could have got the same result with less panels. The system has worked faultlessly and reduce dour power bills to under $60 a month from about $150 a month. We are a net producer of power (produce more power than we use) except for the cooler months May, June, July and August.

Overall I am very happy with the system and the installers. It was a smart choice.
Hide Ian's Comment