Hello Solar

Hello Solar Reviews

Hello Solar have offices in Melbourne, Adelaide & Sydney

Reviewers report paying: $2,274 - $3,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Hello Solar Reviews (125)

4.3/5

4.1/5

4.1/5

3.8/5

Ongoing incompetence - be careful

Quote and installation process was mostly great. Not the cheapest but professional, main issue was an extra $600 charge for meter consolidation not disclosed in the original quote. To be fair, this isn’t a HS charge but they should have made this clear and would have made them more uncompetitive compared to other quotes. After complaining, this was reduced to $300. My main issue is post-installation.
Everything since has been awful - four months and waiting to actually be connected to grid. Paperwork from HS keeps getting rejected by distributor for being incorrect or incomplete. Even as a novice, I can tell that they keep getting it wrong but they do not address their mistakes, and the distributor / power company have given up dealing with them. My emails and phone calls are yet to achieve a resolution - they actually seem to not know what they’re doing. I fully regret going with them but am stuck now - thought by going for mid-priced option that I would avoid the worst experiences you read about. I guess it could be worse but this is far from good and hope others learn from my experience. Definite ‘avoid’!

Great customer service.

Ours was a complex installation on a small townhouse roof. Hello Solar made the process easy to understand the whole way through, and with no drama for the customer. Installation quality was good, and we're looking forward to our lower energy bills and lower carbon emissions.

Happy customer

Very happy with the entire process, although it did take a few months to get the installation booked (it was a very busy time).

The installer (Klean Energy Solar) was very knowledgeable, tidy and friendly.

Hello Solar arranged all of the paperwork etc ... apart from paying them, all I can remember having to do was apply for the Victorian government rebate.

Cancelled our contract

We had everything ready to go and paid for the system and installation. Twice we had no shows, the third time the installers turned up at 4:50pm. Told us they didn’t forgot the panels and finish work at 5pm.
I called and complained and after a week Chris from Hello Solar called and said, as we have cathedral ceilings (this was known all along and not in the area where the panels would be placed - we have a cavity there) we would have to pay $150 for different installers to view the property and ensure they are comfortable with the install. I agreed to this. The next day he called back and said it’s best if we get someone else to do the install. I was extremely disappointed as I lost 3 days annual leave for the no show install days and also now have to go through the process again through Solar Vic as they can’t just update the provider - you have to cancel the rebate and re apply.

Good communication

Good discussions about merits of arrays and panel options. Good pricing

Awesome customer service from start to finish

I wanted a 13.3kW system. Hello Solar were the only company to fully utilise my roof to make it happen. Jesse was my sales guy, he was extremely helpful and was the only person out of 5 companies to actually check with the installers they could actually do the job before placing an order. The other companies all wrote on their quotes as "28 Panels + 8 Free Panels", and panel layout was subject to the installer being able to fit the system on the day of installation. The 8 Free panels meant they could remove up to 8 panels from the design on the day, with no reduction in price and I'll be stuck with a much smaller system. Hello Solar quoted for the full 36 panels and checked first, so I was very confident I'll get what I paid for.

I had an issue from something the sub-contractor had done. I sent an email to customer service and received a call back the same day. My issue was a little complex and Helen at Hello Solar had it fixed through the subcontractor very quickly.

I highly recommend them.

Great price and quality local sub-contractor

Easy sales process especially if you know what you want and you have a straight forward roof. I specified quality gear and the quoted price was significantly better than others. The install was done by a local very experienced sub-contractor, who advised they pay him well and on time. Most importantly the system is working better than expected.

FAULTLESS INSTALLATION

From my initial discussions and quotes from Ant to the installation today ( 8-3-21) by Reztech Electrical Services the process has been faultless. I have been continually updated during the whole time I have been dealing with Hello Solar. The quotes were excellent in terms of value and the quality of the installation looks excellent, but will be determined over time. The installation was efficient and neatly installed. I highly recommend Hello Solar.

Seamless process overall

I can't say for certain if the quote didn't come though from you guys but had only one quote come in after I initially registered on your site. But, that was also the holiday season so probably why I got lesser than 3 quotes. So I went ahead and picked up quotes from the first three google searches for solar installers.

Off all the quotes I received, Hello Solar seemed to be the least expensive for the same hardware (I kept asking for quotes with the same gear so that the comparison can be accurate). The sales person seemed genuine, not pushy and so went through with the sale.

The communication was clear at every step and the whole install process finished with in the timelines they mentioned. Too early to comment about quality and service but so far no complaints.

Excellent service and information

Hello staff excellent to deal with.
Follow up calls always.
All queries answered. Inspector advised job with 18 panels was very well installed.
Team of electricians here for 11 hours installing the system.

Great to deal with, the installer was fantastic

Sale quote process was great i asked for different system and different products and everytime they gave me the info requested.
The installer were fantastic the job went smoothly with them and they went beyond the call to do my install.

Customer service very friendly and helpful

Great installer! Highly recommend!

Great value for money, quick installation & excellent customer service. Had an unfortunate incident where the installers cut off a vent pipe on the roof to install the panels, thinking it was a sewer vent, but was actually a vent for my ducted vacuum. Had a lot of rain in the nights following which went down the pipe and blew up the ducted vacuum system!

Upon discovering this, I got onto Hello Solar, the installer came out and reviewed the installation, acknowledged their mistake and then arranged to purchase a new vacuum unit for us (over $1300) without any fuss.

Highly recommend Hello Solar!

Speedy process. Installed within 2 weeks.

Installed earlier than projected. Email update every step of the process from application to installation. They did all the application including meter upgrade.

Great local installers

Very easy to deal with. Installers were local and offered a very professional install. Company matched all quoted and were very knowledgeable.

Speedy installation

Got phone call from Hello Solar. Quoted me $1,000 less than other quotes
Very informative
Paperwork went smoothly,
installation...punctual, tidy, polite
Hello Solar arranged grid installation on the spot

Original Review on 16-01-2020:

Good after sales service

The sales quoting was quick and efficient
The installers were professional and punctual
After sales service is very good

8 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it has outperformed a little than I expected.
I have one question do you know of an APP that can tell you how much an individual item is using in electricity.

Fast installation process, from quote to finish, less than 3 weeks.

Be careful during sales process. Pressure sales tactic is very obvious but I already know what I want before I made a call.
Installation process went smoothly, tidy and punctual.
Customer service is lacking. Very hard to get in touch if you need help.

Hello Solar

Hello Solar's sales / quoting process was very professional.
The sales person was able to answer my questions & didn't mind negotiating the best price for my budget.
The installation went well. The team were polite, tidy & punctual.
The chief installer was happy to explain things & was very patient in helping me set up the monitoring system.
The customer service has been very good so far.
The system has been installed last week, inspected & the retailer & distributor have started the process to configure the FIT, meter etc...
The system is generating power as expected & hopefully will continue to do for many years to come.

Great experience from quote through to installation.

Was totally satisfied with my recent experience with Hello Solar.
Not only did I think the package was great value, but the whole process was also professional, quick and simple.
That's the third time I've used hello solar (for residential and commercial property) and I'd definitely recommend them to friends.

Couldn’t be happier..

From the initial contact from me to discuss options, to all the girls I spoke to in your office, the quote being sent through, to the 4 boys that came this morning before the scheduled time ( never happens ) to them cleaning up everything and not leaving anything behind other than 20 sparkling new panels everyone was very professional.
EVERYTHING has been exceptional. So far we are very impressed with HelloSolar.

Smooth Sailing all the way

From the first call I made to Hello Solar, everything has been fantastic. Everything they said they would do, was done - and to the highest level. Even when 'dummy me' rang to find out why the normal green light wasn't lighting up at night! Two of the helpful staff (Ahsan and Helen) were in touch straight away. If you are looking for a stress free solar experience, then Hello Solar should be on the top of your list.

Exceptional Customer Service!

Can not fault the process from start to finish the staff at Hello solar and installation. Customer service is stellar.
Briony Langdale & Alice Chilcott went above and beyond the call of duty to help us out with our technological questions.

Advised deposit was refundable, until you ask for it back.

Not happy. Couldn't get the rebate and was told that we'd get a full refund (when we signed up) if that's the case. Now that we've asked for the refund, they gave us some nonsense story of needing to hold $150 for administrative costs. I've asked for the contract stipulating this but no response. Don't bother with these guys. There are better companies out there.

pushy to sign

Sales and quoting felt rushed and I didn't feel they listened to what I wanted. Rather they were pushing the cheapest system they wanted to sell. Installation was very punctual and quick and tidy. Customer service is terrible and rarely return calls or address concerns

Botched solar connection

Hello Solar connected my inverter to the wrong side of my meter. The 3+Mwh of energy I generated over summer went straight to the grid unmetered, and therefore uncompensated. My energy provider organised a meter inspection where the connection error was discovered, after I queried them about my higher than expected bill. I contacted Hello Solar about it and they have fobbed me off repeatedly. Very shoddy and dodgy. I recommend you avoid them!

excellent Installation

Good Installation

I was happy with the purchase from the company and the time frame was quite quick so i guess now its wait and see if it does what its meant to do and save me money

Fast to get you a quote, not so flash on anything else

Sales Process was fast with quoting and follow up phone calls, but ut stopped there... We had all approvals a month but we couldn't get our salesperson to call us back to see when they would be processing our order for installation. I made a few phone calls and sent more emails and demanded someone contact me and hey presto, we had the installer here 4 days later.
The installer was great.

Hello solar

The installers were extremely polite, tidy, and did an extremely good job. Even the inspector mentioned how much of a good job they did. We will definitely be using them again.

Still Waiting on Installation after 2 attempts and no communication

Customer service was quick in the beginning to set everything up. All contracts signed and deposit made. Installation date given. No installer arrived. Contacted hello solar. Another installation date given within the same week. Installer didn’t arrive and no contact. Attempted contact with hello solar again and took 3 days to get through. Said would call installer and ring back that afternoon. Didn’t contact me. Rang again and finally got through. Said they would try another installer and was given another date. So far the process has been frustrating and unprofessional. Not very happy.

Good panels great inverter

Very helpful fairly responsive. Good follow up quote was quick and accurat

Fantastic saving from my solar system

Sales team are prompt to answer any questions i had, making me feel comfortable with the sale,
Installation date was organised quickly and completed well. My system began tripping because of a circuit breaker the follow up team was prompt to fix this issue and an electrician was out to my property within the week to install a new one.
My bill was $1000 a quarter this time last year and now its $174 a quarter.
i have installed a 6.6kW system

It’s been installed now what? Nothing from hello solar, nothing from the installer, nothing just no follow up at all except for this request for a performance review

No help what so ever as soon as the paperwork was signed

Great Installation service - Shocking follow up service that went from bad to worse!

(Hello Solar have requested a review of their service)

Initial conversations with the sales team were OK however i was required to follow them up as to how to apply for the government rebate as no instructions were sent out to me. 4 - 5 phone calls later, we had this issue resolved with instructions finally being emailed to me the day prior to the rebate application. I was later advised this was standard practice however we were never advised in prior conversations, just the simple reply of "we will email you details today"

Applying for my rebate was an effort in itself. Hello Solar provided the government with the incorrect quote amount, (not much, just a 3 dollar difference). which, subsequently wouldn't allow me to log in to government online system to apply for the rebate. It took 2 phone calls to Hello Solar to determine what was going on.

Installation was exceptionally good - Hello Solar use contractors who, other than leaving rubbish behind, i cannot fault. The techs went over and above to explain the system, how it operated and assisted me in setting up the wifi monitoring system.

On the date of installation, Hollo Solar overcharged us by $1880.00 - i have raised this matter with them to which i was advised the funds would be immediately refunded. We are now going on 3 weeks post installation, at the money is yet to be returned.

I wouldn't discourage you from using Hello Solar as their pricing is quite reasonable. Just be mindful that if something goes wrong, its an uphill battle to get any resolution.

Disappointed with customer service,

Disappointed after 3 follow up phone calls to ask to be refunded on deposit paid to the amount of $300.00. This still has not been refunded into our account. We have been paying interest on this since November as this had to be paid via credit card. Would appreciate if someone at Hello Solar would honor what they say - when they say," be refunded tomorrow". This has now been nearly 2 weeks!

Terrible installation and follow up. Water pouring into house

Re: Poor installation due to lack of due care and skill of solar system.

Outline the history of your complaint:

On the 22nd of November 2019, Hello Solar sent an electrician to install solar at my home address (refer agreement letter)
On Friday the 10th of January 2020 at approx. 8 pm, I walked into my garage and noticed a large hole in my ceiling. The plaster had collapsed and landed on my Audi SQ5 which was parked in my garage.
There was quite a bit of water on the floor as well as wet plaster everywhere. Photos sent through to the office vis SMS
I attempted to call hello solar and sent emails to the [email protected] email address. I also sent a text message to the phone number that was listed on the safety certificate.

I received a phone call from hello Solar who was out at dinner and explained that it seems the installation of the electrical conduit through my ceiling must be leaking and the whole roof has collapsed and on top of my vehicle. She assured me that it will all be sorted through their insurance and warranty department.

I then received a phone call from the electrician who installed the solar. He came out the following day

He arrived on Saturday at around 11 am

He assured me it was not something he did. He went up on the roof and poured water on the roof whilst his colleague was inside the garage. There was lots of water leaking however he said it was not coming from where he ran the pipes through and said he would contact Hello Solar on Monday to discuss further

I had to call Hello Solar on Monday at 12.30 pm as I had not heard from anyone. I was assured I would receive a return call. I was contacted by them later that afternoon and advised that he would arrange an independent plumber to come and look at the leak.

He scheduled Plumb First to come out after 6 pm on Tuesday the 14th of January.

I met the plumber and he inspected the job. He found water leaking from where the pipe was running through the ceiling. He advised there was a large amount of silicon used around the conduit and it was quite a poor installation. He contacted Hello solar and provided a quote to her to have the installation done properly by a plumber and to have the ceiling repaired, plastered and painted. He also advised he would be able to do this on the following day. She advised him she would need to get approval first.

I also forwarded to Hello Solar the quote to polish my vehicle and reapply the ceramic coating

Today on the 16th January after several conversations they advised that they do not want to use the plumber they sent and would prefer to use the electrician who did the installation

I do not accept this as a reasonable outcome as he is not a licenced roof plumber and as the plumber advised yesterday, the installation has not been done correctly. Your installer has not carried out the installation with due care and skill and I am not confident the repair will be rectified by him correctly. I have been in contact with consumer affairs and they have advised that I am well within my rights to request this be done by a licenced plumber.

I am more than happy to provide a separate quote for the polish and reapplication of ceramic coating for my Audi SQ5 however I will not accept just an average detailer to carry out this application if they do not know how to reapply the ceramic coating

I have been more than reasonable in this situation and accepted that you would send out a third party to rectify the issue however it seems after you have received the quote, you are looking at ways to reduce your exposure.

I have forwarded all correspondence to this company and expect this resolved before we have any further rain to avoid any additional damage.

I would like this issue resolved immediately in the following way

1. You arrange plumpfirst to come out on Friday to complete all repairs and
2. Authorise the polish and reapplication of the ceramic coating via the Audi approved detail
I am not requesting any additional monetary compensation; I simply want all to be restored to the way it was prior to Hello solar installing the solar system.

I am concerned that as the electrician you use is not a licenced plumber, there will be future issues with water entry into my property.

If we cannot come to an agreement on this, I will be seeking legal action with the relevant complaints agency to arrange the removal of the whole system and restore the property to its original state prior to the installation as well as the rectification of my Audi SQ5

Please advise of your position within 24 hours of receipt of this email and I request all correspondence from this point be in writing.

Please also note, as it has started raining, there is more water leaking onto my garage ceiling causing further damage.

Great, smooth process and easy to talk to

Sales process easy with local call centre. Pleasant to talk to and great explanations.
Whole process was guided, with lots of updates.
Install was great. Efficient, the guys cleaned up after, and it looks well done.

Highly recommend Hello Solar

Had a great experience with Hello Solar.
Apart from a slight miscommunication over the Christmas break, they were great to deal with and flexible as we didn't have a firm date of moving into our new house.
All was resolved early in the new year and had the system installed less than a week after the approval was given. The guys who installed the system were great and gave me a good rundown on how it all worked.

Great to work with, would recommend them to anyone.

This is the second system we have had installed. Very happy with customer service and very good installation both times. Would highly recommend this company

Hello Solar use local electricians. Which is good for local business

Great Installation very professional very happy with sales and service NW

Happy with sales/quote
Installing great Polite Tidy very Professional
Customer service to grid great NW.

Great to deal with but!!!!!

I am very happy with the end result. I was given some poor advise as to how to obtain the Vic Gov rebate, but got there anyway in the end. Mine was a shed install on a new home. When the installer arrived he measured the distance from the house to the shed and then told me that the 6mm under ground cable was insufficient to carry the load of the system and required the cable to be 16mm. I had to have the under ground removed and replace at significant cost. So beware if you have as similar Install in mind.
Hello Solar have a great upfront sales experience, post sales support is not very good at all though either is their project management. My initial experience was great pre-installation and pre-payment!

I bought my system in June, it was operational in about September and the app to monitor not completed until late November.
The project management was absent. This must be a rinse and repeat process. I was chasing my retailer for a smart meter and then had to get my board modified (L2 electrician I don't remember what this was). Everything happened serially and without an end to end view of what is needed for the system to go live. We seemed to stumble onto the next hurdle one step at a time which then introduced the next set of delays. This could have been very simple with a simple checklist or project plan up front - even if I had to manage it.
Chasing Hello Solar for support, once they have your money, is painful and fruitless. Oh and they want full payment essentially BEFORE they install
I don't believe that they are particularly knowledgeable about the technology either. I opted for a string system to keep the costs down and was interested in adding some enphase microinverters to optimize the system and cost/benefit. They didn't really seem to know anything about these and quoted adding them to all panels (pointless to my mind)

If you use them and get a GROWATT inverter however, the local GROWATT support is excellent - just don't bother with Hello Solar for support
Their installers were just local tradesmen who were subcontracted. They seemed to do a good job, but that is the luck of the draw I suspect

Lastly, I have a 5.5kw system my inverter maxes out at 5kw (which the app shows it is hitting). My electricity usage is about 1kw / hour. I am only receiving 2kwh of credits from my retailer. I do not know where the other 2kw per hour are going? It's not much money every day, but I would like to understand this - I will not bother asking Hello Solar again

I would consider Hello Solar again though, but the price would need to be excellent. This was a really good price and the system is in and functioning and overall that is what matters, but you need to expect a slow installation and you are in trouble if you need anything from them beyond payment date. You get what you pay for and Hello Solar compete at the bottom price range. I didn't expect premium service at this price point, but I did expect better support than what I received.

Highly recommend hello solar they have been great was on my roof in 3 weeks up n running best company AAA plus

Hello solar was excellent to get the job done good price too

Excellent service

Staff were excellent in their assistance navigating the solar rebates paperwork, Mohammed was great in his assistance whereas the solar rebates staff were hopeless.Installation was quick and gained top marks from the electrical inspector which was re assuring.

Solar

No trouble with installation, or customer service but we have no idea how the app works and Zeversolar were no help at all

Good solar system, great at sales, but lack customer service after you have signed up.

Great with selling me the system, always happy to help with questions and answers when I was looking at buying, however after I signed up, the install date kept getting delayed, when I would ring and ask for the install date, everyone was unsure, asked for the manager and was told they would ring me back with a date, they never rang back. Got an email finally confirming install date (aprox 4 weeks after it was meant to be installed).

Installer turned up on the day telling me straight away he could not fit all the panels on my roof (i had already asked many times before I signed up whether they would all fit, and was told yes as they measured my roof using computer mapping). I argued with installer who agreed he could fit them on my roof. After the install was finally done, i found a-lot of rubbish (screws, bolts, electrical wiring, terminals etc) in my gutters and on my roof.

Happy with the sales team, very unhappy with install side of it.

After initial problems with the installation Hello Solar managed to fix the problem. Now the system is running at its full potential.

Fantastic

I am very happy with my solar system purchased from Hello Solar. The company has helped me with a good price and professional delivery. We are going to be recommending to our friends and family who are also interested in going solar.

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More