MJ Solar Solutions

MJ Solar Solutions Reviews

MJJ’s Solar

MJJ’s Solar lead by Matthew Jones and his team are a well-established and professional Solar installation company, with offices and workshops located in Singleton and Wyong. MJJ’s Solar have been servicing the Central Coast, Newcastle, Port Stephen’s and Hunter Valley for over 10 years. MJJ’s Solar are an Approved Solar Retailer, which ensures the company operates with integrity and above industry standards all times.

MJJ’s Solar are able to offer a range of products that fit every budget and need. From Solar to smart home products and batteries, to Virtual Power Plants, MJJ’s has you covered. MJJ’s Solar are active supporters of their community through Local Sporting Club sponsorship and charitable donations. This shows their clients they are here for the long haul, not a show and go company.

The team at MJJ’s Solar are dedicated to their roles, from the Installation Crew to the Solution Consultants, to the Clean Energy Council Approved Tradesmen and Administration support, which makes the team one of the best in the industry.

MJJ’s Solar - Solar you can Trust.

Reviewers report paying: $6,555 - $10,370 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

MJ Solar Solutions Reviews (188)

4.4/5

Quality Installer

10 months on, still going strong (except for all the rain in 2022)
Pre-installation was great, happy to ask all my questions and to requote on various configurations
Install team turned up on time (5 guys) and were done by 3pm, no mess left behind
Post-installation follow up has been great...2 follow up emails with performange charts and checking if any issues

Would love to have more panels for winter, but limited by the pesky 1.33 ratio and panels in 3 directions (E/N/W 7-8kW peak for a 10kW inverter).

Fantastic service

The quoting process was clear and informative. The team had good product knowledge and were able to give several different options to best suit our needs.
The communication and customer service were very good and kept us informed about installation times.
The team that installed the panels were polite, punctual and tidy.
Overall a very professional team and so far the support after install has also been great. Have recommended to friends.

Original Review on 11-10-2021:

MJJ Solar - A quality solution

For the layman, it was a steep learning curve through the sales process, trying to understand the pros and cons for the various items required. but once a decision was made, the order and installation process went very well. Worth calling out the excellent communications received from HCB, Beau Adams, but MJJ's overall solution was just a tad better, particularly for the long term. The MJJ installation crew did a good job, efficient, clean, polite and finished on time, supported by some good follow up calls from the Admin team, overall, a good experience and I would recommend

A few key learnings for me were:

- Your energy provider and plan as just as important as your Solar solution, they go hand in hand
- Energy monitoring, for production and consumption is well worth a few extra dollars

Thanks Tony, some very good observations.

Thank you for trusting Mjjs Solar and Electrics with your solar journey.

8 months later we asked Tony: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, performing as expected, while constantly reviewing time of use for our electronic equipment, rebalancing through Winter to fully utilise solar.

Great communication and profesionalism

Very impressed with the entire process from quoting to installation. Steve took the time to fully understand our electricity needs the layout of our property to get the best system possible. The communication from the team was fantastic when installation was delayed with the terrible rain we have been getting. The installation was quick, efficient, and neat and tidy. I would 100% recommend to a friend.

Thank you so much Angus taking the time to leave us a 5 Star Review.
Here at Mjjs Solar we pride ourselves on our customer service and ensuring our customers receive personalised systems that suits their needs. Thank you for trusting Mjjs Solar with your solar journey.

Great Job well finished product

Quote was was what i was expecting. The installation was great very neat and sealed very well was very impressed with the the finish of covering of cable work to the inverter as other homes near me were not finished to the calibre of our home. The whole process was very professional from start to finish. Great job from the Ladies and in the office and to The Guys that installed .

Thank you, Geoff, we really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a 5 Star Review, and for trusting Mjjs Solar with your solar journey.

Thank you MJJ for a professional and hassle free experience

We contacted MJJ's based on friends recommendations, after receiving several quotes from alternate suppliers we settled with MJJs due to the professionalism of the staff and the knowledge that their sales rep (Matt) had when explaining the system and answering our questions.

It was refreshing to deal with a local company that allowed us to take our time with our decision (we kicked rocks for 6x months) yet every time we went back to Matt with questions he was more than happy to help and visit whenever needed.

Despite difficult weather conditions our install went great, the boys were friendly and had all completed within 2x days (2x very wet days), and when all was said and done Sean took the time to explain our system and answer questions.

We have only had the system a short time, but from what we can see it all seems to be working as expected (although the sun just doesn't seem to want to come out!)

Anyways, shout out to your team, thanks for making a difficult decision that much easier!

We love receiving such positive feedback and a 5 Star review, thank you so much Brad for taking the time to leave us a review and for trusting MJJ's Solar with your Solar journey. It has been a pleasure!

MJJ's Solar - Superb Experience

It was a superb experience from start to finish. All the staff were informative, responsive and just as important, their responses were timely. We were never left wondering what came next, even when the timeline was affected by other projects we had happening and the unusual amount of rain. The process was also very transparent, no surprises. As for the solar system, the work is neat and tidy, looks attractive, and we are happy with how its working. The service quality is second to none.

Fantastic Service, Amazing Results.

Had my optimiser solar edge system installed in February 2022 by MJJs. Steve guided my wife and I through the whole way. Educated us on the differences between systems and we 100% took his advise and we couldn’t be happier. The installation was executed professionally they tidied up afterwards. The after service from the office has been great all questions have been answered. Would recommend MJJs Solar to anyone. They are a class above the rest! Best of all first monthly bill went from $233.00 down to $19.00. Wow! Thanks Again.

27 x 400w HiE-S400VG and Solar Edge Inverter

Great installation. Hassle free. Connor and his team completed the job in a timely manner, left the premises neat and tidy and were polite. Would highly recommend. Abby and Jo have been great pre and post installation. Very helpful.

Thank you so much Peter for you 5 Star review. It has been our pleasure. Thank you for trusting MJJ's Solar & Electrics.

Original Review on 22-07-2021:

Great install from a friendly efficient team.

The guys from MJJ electrical arrived when they said they would and efficiently install a quality system in a very short time. They were all friendly and helpful and cleaned up all the mess left over from the install. When I had a query on the following Monday somebody came straight out to have a look at the system and to explain what I was seeing. I am very happy with this installation. Original ratings

Thank you Howard, it was a pleasure dealing with you.

8 months later we asked Howard: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It has done well. Even on cloudy days I have been surprised at the amount of power it still produces. I have had no problems with the panels or the inverter.

Excellent service in every aspect throughout the whole experience.

Steve from MJJ Solar is very polite, doesn't rush, is very knowledgeable about all the products on offer and the whole solar process from choosing the correct inverter and panel type to how I will benefit from installing solar in my home.
Zac and his installation team were exceptional; on time, hard working, polite and patient answering all my questions as a first time solar power user.
Customer service at MJJ Solar is also excellent. Calls are returned punctually and all the staff work together to give customers the most positive experience.

Thank you so much for Pamela for your fabulous review. It was our pleasure to assist you with your Solar journey. Thank you for trusting MJJ's Solar and Electrics.

Original Review on 26-05-2021:

A good experience with no hiccups

sales/quoting process was prompt and thorough with good follow up.
the installation process was very professional with good communication throughout.

the back office processes were well organised and I didn't need to be involved in any of the connection process.

8 months later we asked Robert: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, the system is performing well

Job well done and a happy customer!

Quotes and Sales: Very positive. Information was provided and all questions followed up quickly. All good.

Installation: Very efficient. There was a "weather hold up" but the changes in the installation program were handled quickly by the office and installation team. Polite and cooperative during installation. At the end of the job I was given an explanation of what had been done and what to expect next. Everything was left tidy. Very good.

Customer Service: The organisation and paperwork for the grid connection was received the same day. I have signed and returned. Too soon to know if everything happens but I have been told the process and I am expecting the next thing to happen will be my Energy Provider to change the meter. I am very satisfied with the customer service.... including quotation, installation and follow up.

Hi John!
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At MJJ’s Solar and Electrics we pride our self on our teamwork from quotation to installation and it is always lovely to hear great feedback. Thank you for trusting us on your Solar journey.

Original Review on 16-04-2021:

Clean and efficient.

The crew came in early, and were very professional. They Got-er-done fast.
They cleaned up after they left and apart from the new panels on the roof there was no trace of them.

I would recommend them to any family member.

8 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I've not had a power bill since.. I'm in credit almost every day (rainy days aren't great)
I'm very happy

Excellent system with outstanding service

From the outset, the sales rep (Steve) pointed out that their quote would not be the cheapest I would obtain, but that the pre-sales work, installation and post-install service would be top class. They lived up to that promise, and more.

Steve spent a long time at my property looking at optimal solutions and making sure that I understood and was comfortable with the entire process before providing a quote. I was quite happy to pay a little extra to get a quality system and pre- and post-sale service so was happy to go with their quote. The installation was delayed for some time due to other building works, and MJJs would regularly stay in touch to check on the status and ensure that my requirements were still being met with the quoted system.

When they came to install, it took less than a day and the workmanship was absolutely first-class (great attention to detail - all cabling was neatly conduited; grooves were cut into the underside of the roof tiles where cables entered the roof space to ensure the tile still lay flat; all holes were waterproofed; etc). The property was left spotless and the only evidence that a crew had even been there were the new panels sitting neatly on the roof.

Despite the unseasonably rainy spring, the system has been producing at the expected levels and the monitoring software provided makes it very easy to optimise power usage to maximise the benefits of the system. It's become almost a game to try and maximise self-consumption, and seeing the graphs showing the excess feed back into the grid each day make me very happy indeed!

Even though the system was a bit more expensive, it will still pay itself off within 5 years. For the quality of the installation and the exceptional service provided, I don't regard this purchase as an expense at all - this is an investment. From my experience, I have no problems at all with unconditionally recommending MJJs Solar & Electrics.

Original Review on 15-03-2021:

Great company. Great installation

We ended up with a lot of quotes from a lot of suppliers, for different types of systems. We ended up with a micro inverter system with Jinko Tiger 390w panels (25 year product warranty) from MJ Solar. Their price was comparable to other providers and considerably cheaper than our second choice here in the Hunter Valley. Their salesman was professional, friendly and knowledgeable. The installation team were the same and very efficient. The office staff worked with us every step of the way and helped enormously. Overall it was a great experience. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Chris: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Frankly, the system has performed much better than our expectations, to the point where we could have possibly gotten a smaller system. We are receiving credits from our energy company every month, despite running a pool filter for eight hours every day.
We are still very happy with our purchase.
Longer term performance- we'll have to wait and see.

Great to deal with

I can't emphasis enough how happy I am with MJJ Solar - from setting up the sales appointment through to installation and after sales service.

The sales/quoting process was professional and 'no pressure'. I had many questions during and after the initial appointment and the sales person (Steve) was very patient with this and explained things very clearly when we met in person. And he was prompt with his responses when it was by phone or email.

The installation team were also professional, arriving on time on the day of the appointment. The team leader (sorry can't remember his name) was very polite and friendly and explained exactly what they would be doing. I was kept informed throughout the process eg: given plenty of notice when it was time to turn off the power for a short period.

The customer service from the office (Jo) throughout the whole process was also professional, polite and timely. The paperwork, etc for connection of the new meter after install was organised by MJJ Solar.

Thank you so much Jen for your fabulous feedback.
Our team here at Mjj's Solar pride ourselves on providing our valued clients with a stress-free Solar experience from initial consultation to installation.
Thank you for trusting Mjjs Solar and Electrics.

Smooth Installation

Salesman was very courteous and helpful. Installation went smoothly, guys did a good job. Polite and tidy, cleaned up after themselves. Office staff very courteous on phone. Definitely recommend this company.

Thank you for your kind words and recommendation Susan, it was a pleasure!

Easy To deal with and professional

Smooth and Straight to the point
Installation was a done in a timely and professional manner
Customer service was well done all grid connection was handled

Thank you Robert for Mjjs Solar and Electrics

Very professional installation team

The sales person visited my home and discussed my requirements and offered suggestions and then provided an easy to access electronic quote.
On the day of installation the team turned up at the time indicated, carried out the installation without any fuss and left my premises clean and tidy. (All covid requirements where followed).
Customer service has been very good, all information has been discussed with me and they forwarded the application for my Smart Meter upgrade and connection through to the provider for me
I have been very happy my decision to use this company

Thanks Kevin!
We are so happy you have had a great overall experience with the MJJs Solar and Electrics team.

Great installation

MJJ replied promptly & very knowledgeable when offering quote
Great price & product
Friendly, tidy installers all done in a day
Everything attended to by MJJ & good follow up

Thank you, Leanne, for trusting Mjjs Solar and Electrics

Great local company

The sales rep, Brett, was polite, knowledgable and courteous. I instantly liked what MJJ solar as a company was all about and the product is first class. Nothing was pushed on me. All options were explained and the MJJ team have been incredibly helpful from start to finish with getting me sorted.

Thanks for the positive feedback, Michael, Customers like you make our job so enjoyable!

Pretty happy with first install but then they ghost you if you want upgrades

I had a 6.6kW enphase system installed by them last year and I was mostly happy with the service I received. I even had them do some other electrical work with was ok, although I since found out that their installation of some kitchen downlights has been causing my whole light circuit to trip out in rain events. (they incorrectly sealed up a plastic skylight so it would leak and drip on the exposed downlight electrical cables in the roof, lights tripped every big rain event and we had to wait for them to dry out, a roofing guy came and fixed the issue recently), I also found them very difficult to get a hold of when I did have issues with these things too and I had to get another electrician company to come out (but they couldn't fix it either). Now, I'm getting some unstable trees removed and we can now put some more panels in (good thing about enphase right?) and I tried twice to contact MJJs through their website AND I called them this week too, but its been two weeks (since I first tried) and I've heard nothing back from them. Not even a "sorry we are just really busy at the moment" which they could have said on the phone. Again, I had no problem with the first install, but customer service is really not that great! Hopefully you don't have any issues with your system as they're probably going to be very difficult to get a hold off...

Friendly staff, no trouble to answer all questions

Quotation and sales process friendly and professional. Went the extra mile to answer questions.
Installation team friendly and very tidy.
The customer service was very good with detailed step-by-step instructions on the process. Also contacted energy provider.
Would be happy to recommend them.

Thanks for the recommendation, Jill, we are so happy you found the whole process stress free!

Original Review on 05-01-2021:

Good installation. Dreadful Customer Service

We selected this supplier after obtaining suppliers from Solar Quotes. We did a lot of independent research and this company seemed to have the answers. Once we paid the deposit all questions we made were ignored totally. It was incredibly frustrating. When came time to install we got a series of questions that we simply could not answer and nor could we get responses to discuss. Eventually I managed to get in contact and demanded that we got our money back as my patience was exhausted.

He got things back on track quickly so we didn't cancel.

When the job was done the placement of the panels were wrong - we wanted some East and West and most North facing. They did them all North and very close to the edge of the roof. Cleaning will be a nightmare as we'll never be able to get to the middle panels.

Emails to discuss were simply ignored. Eventually I managed to contact them and he promised to get back to me and also to supply photos (it's a rental property pending our moving in). I also wanted to know exactly where the inverter had been placed as we expressly asked that it be placed in the garage out of the weather. On the basis of his promise I paid the account in full.

Sadly we've never heard from them again and this weekend discovered that the inverter was placed outside.

I've shown pics on a Solar Facebook page and the general feeling is that it's technically a good installation. We believe that they contracted the installation out and the people that actually did it seemed to care.

But we'd NEVER use them again as there are other installers that also do good work and actually communicate!

8 months later we asked Colin: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes - it mostly has. Would like a battery too when it becomes cost effective.

Fantastic installer. Great quality, service & install.

An easy process from start to finish, Matt and his team provided detailed information and guidance on what we needed to get the most out of our new system for our large family home and the options that were available including black panels. Great quality and value for money.
The install team were polite, friendly, efficient, safe, and did a great job at install and clean up. They ran through everything we needed to know on the system and ran through contacting energy companies at completion of install. I would highly recommend them if you want a good quality system, panels and service that will last. Thanks MJJs for taking us solar!

Our pleasure Jenny, install looks fabulous, thank for trusting Mjjs Solar and Electrics on your Solar journey.

Matt came out to my house and discussed different systems

The installers were very professional and work was completed quickly
Very happy with the system

So happy you are pleased with the install, thank you for trusting Mjjs Solar and Electrics.

Original Review on 22-12-2020:

Professional and amazing customer service

Pure professional company with great sales and installation completed with great care Original ratings

8 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Better than

Original Review on 23-11-2020:

Friendly, professional honest straight people, both in the office and at install

Quoting process was excellent. The system was well explained and honestly delivered by the consultant Brett. Install was completed in a day, the guys were great. After install customer service first rate. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Neil: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes . I have no problem with performance and strongly recommend MJJJ's who installed our system

Original Review on 11-11-2020:

Excellent service.

Quoting process included a couple of requested options - worked out well.

Installation very efficient - no problems during the install.

Customer service good - well organised and grid connection under way.

Absolutely.
We now want to improve it even further - especially in the winter months.
Possibly move some of the panels to better spots.
Possibly add battery backup?

Very tidy and visually appealing installation. Great company to deal with.

Salesman Matt was on site within 48 hours and his quote arrived a week later (delayed a few days by a computer glitch). The quote was not the cheapest, but it met our requirements for optimised use of roof space and aesthetics. The ultimate setup using all-black panels on black rails with matching hardware right down to a black isolator box matches beautifully with the rest of the house exterior colour scheme, which is black on red, and looks quite attractive.

Installation was arranged 4 weeks to the day from payment of the deposit, and the instal was performed without a hitch. The guys were punctual and chirpy on a cold morning, and left no trace of them being there except for the system itself.

The office followed up quickly with all the necessary paperwork and has answered a few of my dumb questions without any hesitation. They organised the grid connection paperwork and we were re-metered and fully operational within 8 working days.

System quality is rated 4/5 only because we subsequently discovered that module-level monitoring through the inverter supplier's app is only available as an add-on enhancement at additional cost, which wasn't our original understanding.

Otherwise we are overall very happy with the outcome at this early stage.

Professional Service from sales to installation through to completion

Sales process was not pushy and explained everything from start to finish. Answered all my questions no matter how small they were
Installation was on time, installers polite and informative and site left tidy
Customer service was excellent. Grid connection was organised
Now waiting to see the benefits on our next electricity bill

An all round great service

I found MJJ’s through Solar quotes. From my first contact with Brett their salesman through to the after install service from Jo I have had nothing but a great experience, they came out to my house provided multi options for systems and set ups, explained the pros and cons of each and a cost comparison.

The guys that did the install were great even with the weather being difficult, their workmanship is second to none and they provided a detailed run through of everything after they were finished.

The office team were great, answer all the questions I had along the way and helping with the after install admin with our energy provider

Great Installer, Highly recommend

Great Service all around. The sales person was very knowledgable and professional, i had 3 seperate companies come onsite and quote and the other 2 installers spent 15 mins max onsite. MJJ's sales person spent over an hr onsite with me asking me all the questions he needed and explained to us every component and recommendations for panels invertors etc and the reaaons behind his recommendations. He even went into depth about how the installers will install the system on the roof etc and the connectors and fire saftey precautions they put in place.

Continuing on from their the installers where all professional all in uniform, took their shoes off while coming inside without me even asking them to. They even took all the rubish away with them !!.

The after sales service was great with them following up with me and helping us proccess the paper work with our energy retailer for the smart meter change over.

The system is performing great and would highly recommend them to anyone. Keep up the great work MJJ Solar.

Great looking install and tailored to my needs

Steve from MJJs was great, he ran me through the options based on my needs, listened to my concerns and considered them in the design and quote of the system. The install happened while I was away and they did not disappoint. They were sure to take care of my property and install the system with my requirement to have a beautiful system installed (I.e. not an eye sore from the street). They hit the mark. The admin team from MJJs is also great, very kind and helpful. I highly recommend them over the other installers I was quoted.

Excellent customer experience.

Steve from Sales provided a detailed outline of the system and costing. Jo in Customer Service followed up on all enquires promptly and efficiently. To date a good customer experience. System operational this week and looking forward to power cost savings.

Gary.

Highly Recommended

Great experience : right from the start I received great guidance in selecting the right system and brands. Seamless installation
Thanks and highly recommended

Great local installer, really neat workmen ship really happy with the installation

Sales process was extremely easy. Installation was completed in two days and was a very tidy job with no corners cut. The installation was done to a very high standard. I was there both days and as a tradesman myself I was very happy with the boys and their standard of work. The office staff were all very helpful and organised, nothing was an issue and they were very prompt when replying to emails. This was a stress free process, everything was handled with professionalism and ease.

Original Review on 29-06-2020:

Friendly and very professional installer

Very happy with the whole process from the friendly personal quote process with all my questions answered personally.
The team were very punctual, always tidy and very polite.
At this stage we are waiting for the new meter to be installed by AGL.
5 stars across the board. Love the fact that they came to our house to check how to install etc. Very professional, hands on.

8 months later we asked Stewart: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Pretty much

Solar Power Install -MJJ Electrics

Quote and site inspection was handled in a professional manner

Install was scheduled in advance and their team turned up on the agreed date and time

The work was not intrusive to the day to day household activities.

MJJ Personnel were polite, courteous and professional and left our premises clean and tidy.
Supervisor had excellent communication skills with their customer.

Work Weather delays were rescheduled and work completed efficiently.

Highly recommend their work.

Low stress solar installation

Steve from MJJ Solar was the only salesman to offer to come to our house in person to assess the solar installation. He took the time to explain the various options available and answer any questions that we had. The quote was very similar in cost to the two others we received, but had more detail and we were more confident that it was right for us.

The installation date was a week before Christmas and everything went very smoothly. The installation team turned up on time, got the job done on a warm, humid day and left everything tidy. More importantly, everything worked just the way it was supposed to.

So far, after nearly 2 months, everything is working well. Our first electricity bill (only 25 days with the solar installed) is about 30% less than the same time last year. Hooray!

Great to deal with, very helpful, fast installation.

They were very helpful. Organised everything including our existing solar panels.

Great Company

From the salesman, installers, office girls they were all very prompt, well mannered and followed through with everything discussed.

Knowledgeable and helpful all the way.

Early days so not sure what the system will provide yet. Very helpful company and smooth installation. Lovely people from sales to install.

10kw system

So far so good install was done in under 2 whole days .
Only disappointing thing so far is the wifi is not yet connected due to a part they did not have in stock .

Couldn't be happier...!

MJJs Solar were the only company to have someone come and visit our home and provide us with a proposal fully tailored to our property.

Steve, who we dealt with initially, was informative, personable and patient while we worked through the huge volume of information we had received before finalising our decision. Installation was quick and the system is performing so well already, we wish we had done this sooner! The admin team who took over for all the final arrangements were also wonderful and have taken care of everything for us.

Very happy to be supporting a local business and very satisfied with our solar system.

MJ Solar

Great quality installer and customer service team. Installation was fast and professionally done. Have recommended MJ already to others. Look forward to seeing the results in my next power bill.

Excellent initial site visit and clear detailed follow up quotation.

Site visit appointment was made within one week of request.
Site visit was thorough and detailed covering all questions.
Were able to comply with requested time frame.
Installation process was professional. Team were punctual, polite and tidy.
Grid conmection have initiated. Waiting for confirmation.

MJ Solar Solutions

We were very happy with quotes, service and installation. Happy to talk on phone with any of our concerns.

Good to deal with!

Used MJJ Solar Installation.
Steve, the salesperson was brilliant. Answered every question I threw at him and there were heaps. He was very patient with me and found out the answer if he didn't know.
The office ladies were just as helpful! replied to emails promptly and were friendly and professional.
The installation crew were brilliant as well. Friendly, organised, punctual and efficient. Cleaned up any mess they made and took away any rubbish.
Overall, a very good experience. Highly recommend MJJ Solar Installation! Thanks Guys!