MJ Solar Solutions

MJ Solar Solutions Reviews

MJJ’s Solar

MJJ’s Solar lead by Matthew Jones and his team are a well-established and professional Solar installation company, with offices and workshops located in Singleton and Wyong. MJJ’s Solar have been servicing the Central Coast, Newcastle, Port Stephen’s and Hunter Valley for over 10 years. MJJ’s Solar are an Approved Solar Retailer, which ensures the company operates with integrity and above industry standards all times.

MJJ’s Solar are able to offer a range of products that fit every budget and need. From Solar to smart home products and batteries, to Virtual Power Plants, MJJ’s has you covered. MJJ’s Solar are active supporters of their community through Local Sporting Club sponsorship and charitable donations. This shows their clients they are here for the long haul, not a show and go company.

The team at MJJ’s Solar are dedicated to their roles, from the Installation Crew to the Solution Consultants, to the Clean Energy Council Approved Tradesmen and Administration support, which makes the team one of the best in the industry.

MJJ’s Solar - Solar you can Trust.

Reviewers report paying: $6,500 - $10,370 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

MJ Solar Solutions Reviews (172)

4.4/5

Great installation

MJJ replied promptly & very knowledgeable when offering quote
Great price & product
Friendly, tidy installers all done in a day
Everything attended to by MJJ & good follow up

Thank you, Leanne, for trusting Mjjs Solar and Electrics

Great local company

The sales rep, Brett, was polite, knowledgable and courteous. I instantly liked what MJJ solar as a company was all about and the product is first class. Nothing was pushed on me. All options were explained and the MJJ team have been incredibly helpful from start to finish with getting me sorted.

Thanks for the positive feedback, Michael, Customers like you make our job so enjoyable!

Pretty happy with first install but then they ghost you if you want upgrades

I had a 6.6kW enphase system installed by them last year and I was mostly happy with the service I received. I even had them do some other electrical work with was ok, although I since found out that their installation of some kitchen downlights has been causing my whole light circuit to trip out in rain events. (they incorrectly sealed up a plastic skylight so it would leak and drip on the exposed downlight electrical cables in the roof, lights tripped every big rain event and we had to wait for them to dry out, a roofing guy came and fixed the issue recently), I also found them very difficult to get a hold of when I did have issues with these things too and I had to get another electrician company to come out (but they couldn't fix it either). Now, I'm getting some unstable trees removed and we can now put some more panels in (good thing about enphase right?) and I tried twice to contact MJJs through their website AND I called them this week too, but its been two weeks (since I first tried) and I've heard nothing back from them. Not even a "sorry we are just really busy at the moment" which they could have said on the phone. Again, I had no problem with the first install, but customer service is really not that great! Hopefully you don't have any issues with your system as they're probably going to be very difficult to get a hold off...

Friendly staff, no trouble to answer all questions

Quotation and sales process friendly and professional. Went the extra mile to answer questions.
Installation team friendly and very tidy.
The customer service was very good with detailed step-by-step instructions on the process. Also contacted energy provider.
Would be happy to recommend them.

Thanks for the recommendation, Jill, we are so happy you found the whole process stress free!

Original Review on 05-01-2021:

Good installation. Dreadful Customer Service

We selected this supplier after obtaining suppliers from Solar Quotes. We did a lot of independent research and this company seemed to have the answers. Once we paid the deposit all questions we made were ignored totally. It was incredibly frustrating. When came time to install we got a series of questions that we simply could not answer and nor could we get responses to discuss. Eventually I managed to get in contact and demanded that we got our money back as my patience was exhausted.

He got things back on track quickly so we didn't cancel.

When the job was done the placement of the panels were wrong - we wanted some East and West and most North facing. They did them all North and very close to the edge of the roof. Cleaning will be a nightmare as we'll never be able to get to the middle panels.

Emails to discuss were simply ignored. Eventually I managed to contact them and he promised to get back to me and also to supply photos (it's a rental property pending our moving in). I also wanted to know exactly where the inverter had been placed as we expressly asked that it be placed in the garage out of the weather. On the basis of his promise I paid the account in full.

Sadly we've never heard from them again and this weekend discovered that the inverter was placed outside.

I've shown pics on a Solar Facebook page and the general feeling is that it's technically a good installation. We believe that they contracted the installation out and the people that actually did it seemed to care.

But we'd NEVER use them again as there are other installers that also do good work and actually communicate!

8 months later we asked Colin: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes - it mostly has. Would like a battery too when it becomes cost effective.

Fantastic installer. Great quality, service & install.

An easy process from start to finish, Matt and his team provided detailed information and guidance on what we needed to get the most out of our new system for our large family home and the options that were available including black panels. Great quality and value for money.
The install team were polite, friendly, efficient, safe, and did a great job at install and clean up. They ran through everything we needed to know on the system and ran through contacting energy companies at completion of install. I would highly recommend them if you want a good quality system, panels and service that will last. Thanks MJJs for taking us solar!

Our pleasure Jenny, install looks fabulous, thank for trusting Mjjs Solar and Electrics on your Solar journey.

Matt came out to my house and discussed different systems

The installers were very professional and work was completed quickly
Very happy with the system

So happy you are pleased with the install, thank you for trusting Mjjs Solar and Electrics.

Original Review on 22-12-2020:

Professional and amazing customer service

Pure professional company with great sales and installation completed with great care Original ratings

8 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Better than

Original Review on 23-11-2020:

Friendly, professional honest straight people, both in the office and at install

Quoting process was excellent. The system was well explained and honestly delivered by the consultant Brett. Install was completed in a day, the guys were great. After install customer service first rate. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Neil: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes . I have no problem with performance and strongly recommend MJJJ's who installed our system

Great install from a friendly efficient team.

The guys from MJJ electrical arrived when they said they would and efficiently install a quality system in a very short time. They were all friendly and helpful and cleaned up all the mess left over from the install. When I had a query on the following Monday somebody came straight out to have a look at the system and to explain what I was seeing. I am very happy with this installation.

Thank you Howard, it was a pleasure dealing with you.

Original Review on 11-11-2020:

Excellent service.

Quoting process included a couple of requested options - worked out well.

Installation very efficient - no problems during the install.

Customer service good - well organised and grid connection under way.

8 months later we asked Chris: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Absolutely.
We now want to improve it even further - especially in the winter months.
Possibly move some of the panels to better spots.
Possibly add battery backup?

Very tidy and visually appealing installation. Great company to deal with.

Salesman Matt was on site within 48 hours and his quote arrived a week later (delayed a few days by a computer glitch). The quote was not the cheapest, but it met our requirements for optimised use of roof space and aesthetics. The ultimate setup using all-black panels on black rails with matching hardware right down to a black isolator box matches beautifully with the rest of the house exterior colour scheme, which is black on red, and looks quite attractive.

Installation was arranged 4 weeks to the day from payment of the deposit, and the instal was performed without a hitch. The guys were punctual and chirpy on a cold morning, and left no trace of them being there except for the system itself.

The office followed up quickly with all the necessary paperwork and has answered a few of my dumb questions without any hesitation. They organised the grid connection paperwork and we were re-metered and fully operational within 8 working days.

System quality is rated 4/5 only because we subsequently discovered that module-level monitoring through the inverter supplier's app is only available as an add-on enhancement at additional cost, which wasn't our original understanding.

Otherwise we are overall very happy with the outcome at this early stage.

A good experience with no hiccups

sales/quoting process was prompt and thorough with good follow up.
the installation process was very professional with good communication throughout.
the back office processes were well organised and I didn't need to be involved in any of the connection process.

Professional Service from sales to installation through to completion

Sales process was not pushy and explained everything from start to finish. Answered all my questions no matter how small they were
Installation was on time, installers polite and informative and site left tidy
Customer service was excellent. Grid connection was organised
Now waiting to see the benefits on our next electricity bill

An all round great service

I found MJJ’s through Solar quotes. From my first contact with Brett their salesman through to the after install service from Jo I have had nothing but a great experience, they came out to my house provided multi options for systems and set ups, explained the pros and cons of each and a cost comparison.

The guys that did the install were great even with the weather being difficult, their workmanship is second to none and they provided a detailed run through of everything after they were finished.

The office team were great, answer all the questions I had along the way and helping with the after install admin with our energy provider

Great Installer, Highly recommend

Great Service all around. The sales person was very knowledgable and professional, i had 3 seperate companies come onsite and quote and the other 2 installers spent 15 mins max onsite. MJJ's sales person spent over an hr onsite with me asking me all the questions he needed and explained to us every component and recommendations for panels invertors etc and the reaaons behind his recommendations. He even went into depth about how the installers will install the system on the roof etc and the connectors and fire saftey precautions they put in place.

Continuing on from their the installers where all professional all in uniform, took their shoes off while coming inside without me even asking them to. They even took all the rubish away with them !!.

The after sales service was great with them following up with me and helping us proccess the paper work with our energy retailer for the smart meter change over.

The system is performing great and would highly recommend them to anyone. Keep up the great work MJJ Solar.

Great looking install and tailored to my needs

Steve from MJJs was great, he ran me through the options based on my needs, listened to my concerns and considered them in the design and quote of the system. The install happened while I was away and they did not disappoint. They were sure to take care of my property and install the system with my requirement to have a beautiful system installed (I.e. not an eye sore from the street). They hit the mark. The admin team from MJJs is also great, very kind and helpful. I highly recommend them over the other installers I was quoted.

Clean and efficient.

The crew came in early, and were very professional. They Got-er-done fast.
They cleaned up after they left and apart from the new panels on the roof there was no trace of them.

I would recommend them to any family member.

Excellent customer experience.

Steve from Sales provided a detailed outline of the system and costing. Jo in Customer Service followed up on all enquires promptly and efficiently. To date a good customer experience. System operational this week and looking forward to power cost savings.

Gary.

Highly Recommended

Great experience : right from the start I received great guidance in selecting the right system and brands. Seamless installation
Thanks and highly recommended

Great company. Great installation

We ended up with a lot of quotes from a lot of suppliers, for different types of systems. We ended up with a micro inverter system with Jinko Tiger 390w panels (25 year product warranty) from MJ Solar. Their price was comparable to other providers and considerably cheaper than our second choice here in the Hunter Valley. Their salesman was professional, friendly and knowledgeable. The installation team were the same and very efficient. The office staff worked with us every step of the way and helped enormously. Overall it was a great experience.

Great local installer, really neat workmen ship really happy with the installation

Sales process was extremely easy. Installation was completed in two days and was a very tidy job with no corners cut. The installation was done to a very high standard. I was there both days and as a tradesman myself I was very happy with the boys and their standard of work. The office staff were all very helpful and organised, nothing was an issue and they were very prompt when replying to emails. This was a stress free process, everything was handled with professionalism and ease.

Original Review on 29-06-2020:

Friendly and very professional installer

Very happy with the whole process from the friendly personal quote process with all my questions answered personally.
The team were very punctual, always tidy and very polite.
At this stage we are waiting for the new meter to be installed by AGL.
5 stars across the board. Love the fact that they came to our house to check how to install etc. Very professional, hands on.

8 months later we asked Stewart: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Pretty much

Solar Power Install -MJJ Electrics

Quote and site inspection was handled in a professional manner

Install was scheduled in advance and their team turned up on the agreed date and time

The work was not intrusive to the day to day household activities.

MJJ Personnel were polite, courteous and professional and left our premises clean and tidy.
Supervisor had excellent communication skills with their customer.

Work Weather delays were rescheduled and work completed efficiently.

Highly recommend their work.

Low stress solar installation

Steve from MJJ Solar was the only salesman to offer to come to our house in person to assess the solar installation. He took the time to explain the various options available and answer any questions that we had. The quote was very similar in cost to the two others we received, but had more detail and we were more confident that it was right for us.

The installation date was a week before Christmas and everything went very smoothly. The installation team turned up on time, got the job done on a warm, humid day and left everything tidy. More importantly, everything worked just the way it was supposed to.

So far, after nearly 2 months, everything is working well. Our first electricity bill (only 25 days with the solar installed) is about 30% less than the same time last year. Hooray!

Great to deal with, very helpful, fast installation.

They were very helpful. Organised everything including our existing solar panels.

Great Company

From the salesman, installers, office girls they were all very prompt, well mannered and followed through with everything discussed.

Knowledgeable and helpful all the way.

Early days so not sure what the system will provide yet. Very helpful company and smooth installation. Lovely people from sales to install.

10kw system

So far so good install was done in under 2 whole days .
Only disappointing thing so far is the wifi is not yet connected due to a part they did not have in stock .

Couldn't be happier...!

MJJs Solar were the only company to have someone come and visit our home and provide us with a proposal fully tailored to our property.

Steve, who we dealt with initially, was informative, personable and patient while we worked through the huge volume of information we had received before finalising our decision. Installation was quick and the system is performing so well already, we wish we had done this sooner! The admin team who took over for all the final arrangements were also wonderful and have taken care of everything for us.

Very happy to be supporting a local business and very satisfied with our solar system.

MJ Solar

Great quality installer and customer service team. Installation was fast and professionally done. Have recommended MJ already to others. Look forward to seeing the results in my next power bill.

Excellent initial site visit and clear detailed follow up quotation.

Site visit appointment was made within one week of request.
Site visit was thorough and detailed covering all questions.
Were able to comply with requested time frame.
Installation process was professional. Team were punctual, polite and tidy.
Grid conmection have initiated. Waiting for confirmation.

MJ Solar Solutions

We were very happy with quotes, service and installation. Happy to talk on phone with any of our concerns.

Good to deal with!

Used MJJ Solar Installation.
Steve, the salesperson was brilliant. Answered every question I threw at him and there were heaps. He was very patient with me and found out the answer if he didn't know.
The office ladies were just as helpful! replied to emails promptly and were friendly and professional.
The installation crew were brilliant as well. Friendly, organised, punctual and efficient. Cleaned up any mess they made and took away any rubbish.
Overall, a very good experience. Highly recommend MJJ Solar Installation! Thanks Guys!

Early thoughts

Only installed today but processes was quick and easy. Steve (salesperson) and the guys installing were all friendly and helpful and left the site tidy. Too soon to say how the system performs but on paper it is good value for money

Efficient, professional and knowledgeable

Sales person was very knowledgeable and explained the options fully.
Installation was painless. The installers arrived on time , were polite, did a very neat job and showed us the operation of the inverter. They were very polite and tidied up at the end
The supplier organized the grid connection which will be on 20th November.
Very happy with the whole process.

excellent sales/disappointing customer service

Salesman came out on site explained everything and the process very professional
Waiting for quote for over 1 week rang to follow it up and appears an issue as it had been sent 3 attempts later we get quote thought maybe a follow up call a few days later for any questions might have highlighted the fact we had no quote
Installation date moved forward very exciting
Day of install we were going away happy for guys to work and left key to lock garage and instructions to leave key inside
Come home no key garage left unlocked 4 days no phone call to advise of issue
Followed up enquiring where key wax they've lost it offered to replace lock or cut new key fine but very annoyed garage not locked and we were not told
Issues setting up wifi get advised will be there next afternoon follow up call wont be till next afternoon all good waiting for 45 minutes contact to see where they are got held up on job advised office were to contact us no contact at all
Providing communication with customer is very important and unfortunately lacking in this area after the sale has been done
Wait now and hopefully the system will deliver results

A great company to deal with

MJJ Solar were the only one's who offered to come and do a site inspection. The others just sent a quote by email. So MJJ was in front from the start. I liked the salesman, he spent 1.5 hrs with me explaining everything and seemed very genuine. I had further questions at a later date and these were answered also.

The installation went well. The team were punctual, very nice and left everything nice and tidy when they were finished.

The customer service has been great and they did submit all of the paperwork for the change to the meter. I have heard from my supplier but have yet to be given a date for this work to be completed.

Overall, a great experience! I was nervous about understanding everything, but found the solarquotes website very useful in helping me understand the process more.

Very efficient no fuss no problems

Very good experience from first contact to completion of work. No problem or issues, even though weather was poor when the work was being done. Polite and punctual. Very happy with whole experience.

Lowrie Review of MJ Solar

The sales / quoting experience was first rate. They actually came to site, met my wife and I and discussed the proposal before doing the quotation.

Installation was as quoted - in and out on the day they promised. Job site was cleaned up after

Great assistance in securing the gris connection

Original Review on 30-11-2019:

Very professional & helpfull installers

Detailed,easy & accurate
Very polite, punctual,tidy & helpful with advise of product knowledge
Yes,very helpful

8 months later we asked Sharon: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

This has been one of the best decisions we made to put solar on.
Our electricity bill dropped from approx $800.00 to less than $100.00 even though I was using more electricity than previously since I have been home every day for the past year.
Can't thank you and your team enough for all your help and excellent advice..

Excellent job

The whole process from quote to installation and accounts was perfect and the app on the phone to check the system performance is also very good.

No hassle Installation

Sales / quoting was timely and efficient discussing various options of system size and replacement of older panels
Installation was completed within a day. The crew were respectful and friendly, arriving on schedule and completing the installation efficiently and professionally. They were polite throughout. Testing was completed once a defective relay was identified.
Customer service was friendly and always informative organising warranties and grid connection efficiently.

Excellent Company, Perfect Installation

The sales/quoting process was very good, friendly sales and office staff, not pushy, all question were answered.
Installation was completed on time and efficiently. All trades were polite and friendly. Site was left in a very tidy state.
Customer service was excellent, all paperwork was completed and energy company organised.

Great job all round

Sales and service very informative and grid connection was organized

Solar quote and Installation.

They came to the house for a inspection. Told me what I needed and explained what would be the process for installation.
Installation was on time, polite.
Thea did organise the grid connection

Original Review on 26-09-2019:

Great service and advice

Sales quote was really thorough and the install was done in a day with no problems and the after service and follow has been excellent. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Glenys: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed well above our expectations . Our electricity bills have decreased much more than we expected in such a short time.

Great service fast installation.

No pressure and listened to my needs. The installation went smoothly the team was polite arrived on time and tidied up the yard of all leftover materials.

They also organised the grid connection after the install, and were ready and willing to answer my many questions.

I am recommending this company to all whom want to have a smooth solar install.

Fantastic Installer and an excellent system

The quote was done immediately upon request and the sale was quick and easy.
The install was very fast and tidy.
The customer service was fantastic. We didnt need to do a single thing.
I highly recommend MJJ'S Solar and Electrics.

Very happy with the time the team took to explain the system I needed and was buying, they were very timely from the word go to install and I was very happy with the service and workmanship.

Set and forget they did everything and where very tidy