Primero Electric and Solar

Primero Electric and Solar Reviews

An electrical company at its core, Primero Solar is an Approved Solar Retailer that has specialised in Solar installations since 2013, completing over 700 solar projects per annum, 3.5MW annually.

Primero Solar Founder and Director, Martin Perez, holds an A-Class Victorian Electrical License and CEC Design and Install Accreditation.

Primero exercises quality control through its use of its own in house installation team. Primero does not employ third party install sub contractors allowing us to keep our staff up to date on developing products, industry best practices and regulations.

- Primero Solar prides itself on unique design solutions. No matter how complex the job is, the end goal is to maximize savings and produce clean energy.

- Primero offers a 5 year installation warranty

- Teams experienced in both domestic and commercial solutions

- Access to a vast range of products to keep options open for various requirements

- Primero Solar takes a long-term approach to all of our customer service - our post installation follow up service is important to us - Should any fault occur with your system we have a team of in-house technicians that be will available to service your system in a reasonable time frame

Reviewers report paying: $3,213 - $11,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Primero Electric and Solar Reviews (118)

Fantastic service!!

From the start Primero we’re fantastic, detailed and well rounded. Got a great discount and the sales person even got back to me when he was on a weekend away at Bonnie Doon when we agreed to go ahead.

The install was fast, sleek and the installers explained everything. All done in a few hours. Very pleased. Highly recommend!!

Installation and sales team were great.

Sales and quoting was great, Paul arrived within a couple of days to quote and talk through options.
Installation team were great. They went over and above to ensure a quality install.
Customer service were also great, following up with certification.
I am now awaiting my App login details and we are up and running.

Very Professional, Highly Recommended

Thank you to Martin and the Team at Primero for a seamless system design & installation process. Especially to Georgina who always responded promptly and helped us select the right system for our home. The installation team were punctual, polite & efficient. Post installation, Primero then arranged the inspection and grid connection on our behalf.

Efficient service, genuinely helpful

After long delays with a previous installer we started a quote with, we decided to start again with Primero who we found through Solar Quotes and the whole experience was happily the opposite. The process was so fast from start to end. My many questions answered happily and helpfully by Georgina who offered a few quote options to help our decision. Michael and team of installers were informative and polite, and any issues resolved quickly on the spot. The grid connection went through so fast all managed with Primero, I was shocked. We have solar up and going within a month. Very pleased.

A+ all round

From start to finish Ash at Primero Solar was on the money. I spoke to many installation companies, and Ash was by far the best to deal with. Patient, attentive and knowledgeable. We went through a few rounds of quotes, for different system sizes, brands, approaches (micro-inverters, optimisers, etc). We landed on Canadian Solar panels, a GoodWe inverter, and a few optimisers for some panels which may sometimes be partially shaded by some trees that need trimming.

The installation was extremely professional. Not a problem in the world. Second story install with access from the second story. Even a last minute shift due to being able to see the panels from the street. Everything was handled really well by the team.

I cannot recommend Ash and Primero Solar enthusiastically enough and will be sending any mate who asks in their direction.

Very punctual and efficient with the whole process. Thank you for the simplicity of getting solar panels put on. Friendly staff too.

Excellent customer service

The quoting process was informative with a zoom meeting and the option to ask lots of questions. Also staff availability for questions after presentation was excellent
Installation flexible as we had to reschedule and the guys arrived promptly at appointed time and explained all steps of the installation. Both the guys were polite and when they left all rubbish was taken with them.

Difficult to contact and get information

Received a quote and went through the approval process for solar rebate.
Had multiple false starts booking in for installation and no show multiple times. No communication to say they were or weren’t coming. No communication following to advise they needed to rebook.
Changing service team members having to repeat information multiple times and follow up.
Eventually heard back months later that ‘last year when the installer was there no one was available (at the property) and as they couldn’t access the propriety they need a scissor lift and do a re-quote.’ Someone was always available at the property when times were communicated.
It’s a 3 storey townhouse so I can accept a lift might be required. This could have been resolved a lot earlier by better customer service.
I had a call from the sales department to try and sell me a solar system from them… in the middle of the above delays indicating there may be issues with the customer tracking system, as she had no information of my challenges.
Note - appreciate this was during lockdown and understand delays but not the lack of timely communication.

Original Review on 12-10-2021:

Smooth process

Paul was very helpful with the initial design and willing to try plenty of different options. Install was quick and uncomplicated. Original ratings

7 months later we asked Adrian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Generally yes. We have an issue with overvoltage on the grid which means the inverter is regularly reducing output (as it needs to do), but dealing with distributors isn't all that straight forward (and they can't necessarily solve the problem). Other issue we've had is the regular tripping of the circuit breaker due to earth leakage. Apparently they have to put the earth leakage breaker in because the wires go through the walls. They changed the circuit breaker to a different brand (which improved things), but still means from time to time the breaker trips and we go without solar until we check / notice it has tripped.

Great installer!

Sales quoting was fine.
Installation was done correct, tidy with installation team arriving and finishing on time.
Customer service was good.

Great sales person great information excellent trades people

Great from day one fully explained everything about the system available and which one that would work the best for me the installer came on time did everything with a minimum of fuss neat and tidy cleaning up after them self great experience from start to finish

Easy and straightforward

Quotes were great and process was stress free. Very satisfied and would happily deal with again. Very knowledgeable and very easy to talk to over the phone.

Great service from Primero

From the moment we received our quote from Georgina at Primero we were extremely happy. Great price for quality components, system installed only a short time later and the installation went smoothly. There was a minor problem with the new power board but what was important was the prompt service we received and the issue was quickly fixed.

Original Review on 28-08-2021:

Very professional.

Customer service was great. Installing guys good but the initial ones were a but untidy with leaving screws etc in driveway but the 2 Nd lot of installers were great. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Trudie : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes definitely

Willing to maximise system size

After having several installers insist that 2.5kw was the maximum system our roof configuration could handle (one even said the roof was unfit for solar entirely) we were able to get a 4.8kw system installed with Primero. Very happy with this outcome.

Speedy and professional.

Very helpful with personalising the quotes and working out what we needed and could afford.
The gang was polite, tidy and punctual. Even went to the trouble to put cable ties on TV antenna to stop birds sitting over the panels.
Still waiting for connection.

Couldn’t be Happier

Easy process to use the Solar Quotes website and of the three recommended installers (who were all very professional and great at following up on any questions we had), we chose one who did a fantastic job. They provided prompt service with help in completing all the required paperwork and not one broken roof tile (even though they recommended we have 30 spare just in case). The installation team completed the job in less than a day with minimal electricity supply interruptions and were very helpful in explaining the system once the installation had been complete. Couldn’t recommend the entire service from start to finish highly enough. Thank you.

Reasonably Happy

The salesman seemed very knowledgeable and was easy to talk to. The price and design were what I wanted. I also wanted a company who used their own staff rather than a contractor. The salesman confirmed that they did use their own staff.
However, a contractor arrived on the day and did the installation.
I cannot fault the installation so I would not complain too much but I would never again deal with a company that lies.

Positive solar experience

Primero’s sales/designer spent a long time getting to know our requirements and designed a system which matched.

Our installation was booked and went ahead on the day as planned. The team that installed our solar was polite and kept us up to date with progress.

Then Christmas and omicron hit Melbourne. The solar inspector came mid January and found one small issue with the installation but was ok to turn on our inverter. We then discovered that our inverter was not configured as was designed. After escalating to Primero’s designer and owner, Primero’s support with the inverter’s manufacturer were able to re-configure the inverter as specified in our contract. It then took another month before Primero were able to get our solar installation certified and the booking made to connect our system to the grid. It was during this time we found Primero’s customer support comms lacking. However we suspect this might have been due to the COVID situation at the time.

Our solar system has now had a month connected to the grid and we received our first bill with our solar producing feed in credits, resulting in our bill for March being $4.

Overall, we are very happy with our solar install and the experience was a positive one.

Good initial presentation and knowledgeable sales person.

Very impressive and comprehensive with their initial presentation. I was able to make a decision soon after first contact. Installation went according to plan and in a timely manner. The follow through with grid connection was also speedy.

Seamless service, from quote to installation

The Salesperson from Primero sent me 3 options, which I found useful, giving me a good range of prices, other providers only supplied one. After doing initial review of all quotes, I found myself choosing Primero. Salesperson was always available for any question even after installation. Installation was very smooth, installers turned up on time, were very polite and tidy. Primero supported the grid connection after installation. I am all up and running and very satisfied.

Confidence inspiring and painless process

The sales and quoting process was faultless and my sales contact was not only personable but 100% responsive to all of my questions. I cannot think of a way she could have been better. The technology they recommended was high-end as I had requested.
The installation was completed within a day and the three guys were courteous, responsive to my questions and they completely cleaned up after themselves.
Although I have yet to be connected to the grid, because my energy retailer has not quite finished its process, I can say that Primero Solar has made all the arrangements and everything has gone smoothly.
In relation to the service provided by Solar Quotes, I am completely confident that had I not come across them and benefited from their advice, I would still be trying to work out what to do. Thank you very much Finn and your team.

Friendly and informative

The sales process was great. Georgina was friendly and answered all questions that we asked promptly by phone or email. She wasn't pushy at all and contactable at any time.

They did call a week earlier to see if we were available for an earlier install but we declined.
The install team were also friendly and tidy and let us know of any issues. Unfortunately, during install it was found that the panel design Primero created meant we couldn't fit 5 panels. The solution was to change invertors which they sorted out the same day with little fuss.

We're still waiting for our sign off inspection and connection to the grid (it's only been a week since install).

Good quality install

Paul was very helpful and visited our house to check the position of the panel.
The installation was well done. It was clean and tidy.
Primero organised the grid connection and kept me informed about the progress.

The system is meeting the original proposal performance.

Good experience

Overall a very good experience. I recommend it to anyone.

9 months on, system is fantastic

Quotation process was straightforward. I was nervous about the relatively low number of reviews for Primero, but have been thrilled with the experience.

The install was done smoothly in a day with the only tiny mess being some plasterboard dust left under where they mounted the inverter onto the wall. Staff I spoke to were very friendly and helpful. They needed to change the design on the day, but talked me through the options and got on with it.

I'd definitely recommend using them to any of my friends/family.

Primero were completely hassle free and professional

The quoting process was straightforward and the installation (10 kW system with emphase micro inverters) was done in a day by a crew that were extremely professional and tidy. The inspector remarked later that the quality was excellent. Primero have done everything since for the grid connection and have been responsive to any follow up questions since the install.

Mediocre installation and poor after sales service

Sales quoting was efficient and the sales person showed a lot of patience.

Installation was done on time and tidily but they forgot to leave the required installation details booklet in the meter box for emergency services I followed up on this after being advised by the inspection people that it should be there and while it was promised I am still waiting for it six months later.

After installation the battery was not configured correctly so did nothing for the first few days. I had to follow up with Primero on this but couldn't get anywhere with the technician so had to get back to the sales person who followed it up immediately. Pity it wasn't done properly in the first place.

But most disappointingly was finding out that the Jinko panels were manufactured by a company that is renown for using forced labour. While it was my decision to go with those panels I think I should at least have been informed of the companies reputation but better still those panels should not be allowed to be sold in Australia.

TOP Grade Solar Installers

Primero Solar Installers have arrived on time, with all necessery tools and equipment needed and performed work without any hiccups. I was pleasently surprised of their professionalism and knowledge.
I asked them to install top qualitu panels and inverter and 5 months later I am extremely satisfied with it’s performance.
Instead of paying for electricity, I’m getting credits.

Original Review on 23-08-2021:

Solar Quotes is a Wealth of Knowledge

All my questions were answered and I received a very competitive price for the system I wanted. Just waiting for the install. Original ratings

5 months later we asked Kev: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

So far yes but too early to tell after only 4 months. Will need to assess after a full 12 month billing cycle to compare against pre solar costs.

Great from start to finish. Highly recommended.

The quoting process was quick and transparent. Installers were in time and completed the work quickly and with no mess. They explained everything along the way. Very happy.

Tick all the boxes

Primereo provided the quote then did a follow up phone call to ensure it was what we were looking for. Using the solar quote check sheet at our end, they basically ticked all the boxes as we worked our way through the quote over the phone. The installation went smoothly with the Electrician installing the inverter with minimal visual impact on the surrounding area and the installers efficiently installing the panels on the roof. Everything was left neat and tidy.

Original Review on 04-05-2021:

Quick, affordable and easy design and installation

Sales and quoting process was relatively easy. Hamish was great at responding to my many questions and coming up with a suitable design. Installation was delivered quickly and efficiently and they organised connection to the grid quickly. They really made it all very seamless. Only issue was that Primero wouldn’t do a site inspection as part of the quoting process, only after we had accepted their quote, which isn’t ideal. Original ratings

9 months later we asked Rachelle: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

No regrets here, we are very happy with our solar system and being able to see how effective they are in the summer months is pretty exciting!

Original Review on 10-07-2021:

Good experience

Good experience overall. Informative quotes and sales representative was helpful and quick to respond to all additional questions. Neat installation. Waiting for final inspection to get connection. Only slightly disappointed that ~10cm of the mounting system are visible from the street, rather than being fully hidden under the panels which would be more aesthetic. Original ratings

6 months later we asked Sheila: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, all good!

Very professional sales team also a happy knowledgeable insulation team.

Sales process was very informative and the staff where very knowledgeable.

The installation team did a great job and worked very smoothly.
They left the site very clean on completion and were respectful.

So far so good

Primero were one of the three potential installers we were given from Solar quotes. After our initial contact with Paul in the sales area, we were pretty sure this was the company for us. Nothing was too much trouble and if Paul didn't know (which didn't happen often) he found out for us and all with fast turn arounds. He was happy as we threw around a number of different options (often meaning more work for him) and helped with suggestions on what might work best. Unfortunately installation was delayed, but this was due to the panels we chose not arriving in time, rather than any issue on the part of Primero. Installation day arrived and the boys (5 of them) were on time and a well oiled machine. They worked hard and put in a long day. They double checked with us before commencing as the layout changed slightly for more efficiency once they did a site review. When they left you would not have known anything or anyone had been there - except for the big black panels on our roof. We are now awaiting the inspector so we can flick the switch, but certainly so far so good.

Original Review on 05-07-2021:

Hassle-free and Professional Service

Most professional quote provided compared to other solar companies. I did not need to chase the quote or company contacts throughout the process. Team kept me informed and supported from start to finish. Trades were punctual, polite and always very helpful. I have already recommended this company to my colleagues and friends who wish to upgrade or install a new solar system. We are very happy with the system performance already saving us half our winter electricity bill. Original ratings

6 months later we asked Steve: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Performance has exceeded our expectations. Our location presented shade challenges that make standard array non-viable. This system was designed to maximise output and has already saved us more than the anticipated return on investment. We are very impressed and have referred our design, supply and installation team to friends who have made improvements to their existing solar systems.

Original Review on 03-05-2021:

The quoting was excellent and easy.
The installation went well and the installers were punctual, tidy and very helpful.
The inspector was organised and came two weeks after insallation.

8 months later we asked Bruce: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Our last electricity biil is the first one we can really compare to the same period last year (due to Covid and holidays). For 3 months the feed in credit was $34.30 but the big saving was usage down 52% so very happy with that.

Professional

Sales process was professional with no pressure, the installation was completed in a timely fashion and the customer service was quick and concise.

Professional and caring

Primero responded promptly with quoting, and spent a lot of time working out our best option with us. We decided on the best quality system even though it isn't the cheapest, with no pressure to do so. Their representative was friendly, helpful and professional.

After an initial site inspection, the installation was performed within a day, including arranging a builder to remove some old ducting which was in the way. Our second story roof presented some problems but they were resolved in the course of the day and the result was good.

There was good communication between their departments and an effort to ensure that we were satisfied with the progress and end result of the work. At this stage we are waiting for inspection to approve the installation, but a brief check on the day showed that it works well.

Original Review on 09-04-2021:

Very nice, clean installation.

Sales was very informative and easy to deal with. Installation was great - very clean and neat after completion. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Jeffrey: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System has been great for the first 12 months of its life. Really started seeing some significant savings on electricity bills when we hit November and coming into the Australian summer. Also no problems at all so far with the panels, installation or inverter.

Extremely helpful helping me to navigate the options

Very helpful, found Georgina on particular to be extremely helpful. The installation was on time on the date agreed.

Great installer. Highly recommended.

Quoted though a few suppliers. Ended up going with Primero most due to the professionalism of their sales personnel. Very willing to answer questions and provide so detail of how they choose the best options.

Installers were excellent. Very knowledgeable, fast, and professional. Installation seems to have been done very well. All the appropriate spaces and seals were used, which is easy to leave out. Looks clean and organized. All signage and labelling was put in place.

There was a couple of issues overall.

I had were they forgot to book in my site inspection. Though they did this on the day of install. My layout was a bit complex so we would have liked that piece of mind before the installers turned up. Ended up not being an issue and they kept their install date.

Also I had my panels swapped out for a lower spec panel the week of the install due to price rises. This didn't change the system cost but was frustrating as careful consideration was taken on panel selection during the quoting process. This would probably be the case for most if not all providers given the current solar market but still annoying. Could have been solved with earlier site inspection and pre-purchasing the system once the contact is in place. I'm not sure of the standard practice here.

They also left off the consumption monitoring option during install so they came back the next day to finish this off. This was a mistake from the quote to install process but they quickly admitted the mistake and fixed it. There was no argument or blaming what so ever.

I would highly recommend Primero. Everyone was professional and efficient. Even with the issues above they were all solved quickly and will little fuss. I generally rate a service provider with how they handle issues (as they will always come up) and Primero was excellent in this regard.

Great customer service and Great installer!

Installation was a breeze tradies turned up on time and got the job done cleaned up and did a really neat job

Great Installation

The salesperson was knowledgeable and helpful and the quoting process was good. The installers were polite, punctual and completed the task in good time. Our experience with Primero was really good.

Our panels were installed on 4 November, and Primero advised the inspectors, however, we are still waiting for the inspection. We emailed Primero on 16 November who contacted the inspector and were told we would receive a phone call to arrange inspection which has not happened yet.

This is a disappointing as our next door neighbour had his solar panels installed a few months ago and his inspection was less than a week of solar installation.

Good service. Happy customer

Good sales person, not too pushy and gave some useful tips
Installation was good and with no problem
Customer service communication could be better, but it is definitely a minor issue

Original Review on 04-03-2021:

Flexible and responsive

The sales process was good but it was helpful for me to have a good understanding of solar so I could request certain things. If not then we may have ended up with a less useable system.
Most of the installers were fantastic and the 'boss' was knowledgeable and took care with our property and the system. He explained things well and was generous with his time. One of the installers was less professional and more interested in complaining about how hard it is to work on 'old' houses but in the end, the job was done well.
We are yet to have the inspection and grid connection so I can't comment about that yet except to say that we thought it would all happen on the installation day and were never told that our solar would be switched off for a few weeks until inspected.

8 months later we asked Andrew: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

After 12 months the system seems to be performing well and is meeting our expectations. Overall I would say this is a good quality system that was well installed.

Great install, quality system, helpful and friendly.

Once on site rejiggled the design to maximise the north facing panels, clear in explaining things in the sales process. Communication of install date and time was little lacking, with me having to chase the team, but once on site was a great experience.

Original Review on 02-03-2021:

Professional sales and installation, very informative and went out of their way to help where ever possible

Could not fault the service and attention to detail.
Was very pleased with the team's efforts and provided everything I needed

8 months later we asked Ross: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Best choice I've made, very satisfied with the system and power production. Would highly recommend it.

Great mid range quality system.

Primero listened to what I wanted (a mid range price / quality system) and the sales consultant was very patient and helpful providing great advice on the phone and via email. I then researched the system component recommendations myself and was very happy with the suggested panels and inverter prior to going ahead with the quote. On the day of installation the young team arrived on time, they were really easy to get along with and the workmanship seems excellent. Following installation the administrative process to complete the connection to the grid was undertaken by Primero which did take some time however this was expected and everything went smoothly. I am really happy I chose Primero.