Primero Electric and Solar

Primero Electric and Solar Reviews

4.9

Based on 33 ratings  - Aus Ranking

An electrical company at its core, Primero Solar is an Approved Solar Retailer that has specialised in Solar installations since 2013, completing over 700 solar projects per annum, 3.5MW annually.

Primero Solar Founder and Director, Martin Perez, holds an A-Class Victorian Electrical License and CEC Design and Install Accreditation.

Primero exercises quality control through its use of its own in house installation team. Primero does not employ third party install sub contractors allowing us to keep our staff up to date on developing products, industry best practices and regulations.

- Primero Solar prides itself on unique design solutions. No matter how complex the job is, the end goal is to maximize savings and produce clean energy.

- Primero offers a 5 year installation warranty

- Teams experienced in both domestic and commercial solutions

- Access to a vast range of products to keep options open for various requirements

- Primero Solar takes a long-term approach to all of our customer service - our post installation follow up service is important to us - Should any fault occur with your system we have a team of in-house technicians that be will available to service your system in a reasonable time frame

Reviewers report paying: $1,850 - $7,990 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Primero Electric and Solar Reviews (33)

LG

Primero solar

Very professional company to deal with, answer all your questions.
Hide Rod's Comment

Inverter Brand

Fantastic service from start finish

Sales and quoting process was great. I didn't feel pushed and they answered my question promptly.
No issues with the installation, arrived on time, were polite and no mess left behind.
Customer service was fantastic from start to finish.
Yes they helped organised the grid connection
Hide Donna's Comment

Friendly professional installation

The installers did a great job, were polite and friendly and they even removed some old satellite dishes from the roof for no extra charge.

They also assisted with my application for a rebate and handled the connection side of things for me.

The only issue I have is that their sales rep told me I could export to the grid, but it turned out that this advice was wrong and I that I was export limited. They have promised to apply to the power company on my behalf to be allowed to export power when more quotas are available in June, so we'll see how that goes.
Hide Michael's Comment

10kW

JA Solar

Fantastic Service.

Fantastic service, from sales to installation and follow up. Highly recommended.
Hide Ramsey's Comment

Inverter Brand

Very nice, clean installation.

Sales was very informative and easy to deal with. Installation was great - very clean and neat after completion.
Hide Jeffrey's Comment

Inverter Brand

Hands on, compassionate sales person. Clean, hassle free installation.

The sales experience was particularly good. I had a previous experience attempting to get solar that ended very poorly. When I told my sales consultant this he took extra care throughout the entire process to ensure I felt confident and comfortable. He worked with me to find the system that felt the most right for our house, and at no point did I feel like I was being pressured to spend more.

After we had agreed on a system, they organised a site inspection to confirm the installation could go ahead, and we determined at that point that we would need to make changed to ensure it could fit on my roof. This process was fairly painless as well, and after that installation went ahead as scheduled.

The day of installation went very well. Primero use their own in-house installation team, who arrived on time and set to work without a fuss. They were polite throughout the day, and I was able to do my work inside without much disruption. There was a minor damage to a roof tile while they were working, but they were upfront and transparent about this, and discussed with me how it could be addressed.

After the inspection occurred, we had some back and forth configuring the consumption monitoring, but that has just now been resolved. The last thing we're waiting on is the grid connection, but that is in flight and I expect it will be done very soon.

Overall, I have had a really good experience with Primero, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
Hide Benjamin's Comment

You little bewdy

Primero provided a seamless and friendly process from initial sales with Paul through to the installation crew. As an ex-retail manager l have high expectations of amiable person to person contact, communication, work quality and back up, it's pleasing to report all the previous were easily met.

Local interested tradesmen have checked out the installed panels and inverter and have been more than impressed.
Primero have certainly lived up to initial word of mouth reports.

Pete.
Hide Pete's Comment

Trina

Inverter Brand

Flawless installation and great service

Communication through the quotation and sales process was great!
Nathan and his team of installers were absolutely fantastic! They were respectful, answered all questions I had and installed the system without issue.
Hide Petar's Comment

Good service

Very good service. Patient with my millions of questions. Nice friendly installation team. Good communication from whole team.
Hide Sarah's Comment

Cost

Delivery of solar electric system for our house

I found the quoting process was polite, informative and efficient.
The installation was either on time or earlier and I can't fault the installation crew.
The installers were also very helpful in setting up an app on my phone to monitor energy production.
Hide Mike's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great system with great results

I was really happy with the quote and the installation process - the guys were very polite and effecient and cleaned up after them selves perfectly and made sure I was happy with every aspect of the system.
Hide Jamie's Comment

13kW

$12,500 to $15,000

Inverter Brand

Professional and Reliable Installer. Operating at the quality end of the market.

Sales quoting process was all done via Zoom. It was well handled and the sales person called in the technical people as appropriate to answer my questions. They will do a site inspection if required.
Prior to installation, I asked for some additional electrical work to be done at the same time to avoid duplication for the planned installation of a pool heater and Primero sent their installation supervisor out to do a site inspection.
He was very thorough and when the installation was done it all went smoothly.
Primero's customer service organised everything after installation, except I had to organise the contract change with Origin Energy after the Victorian Safety Inspector finished his bit.
The Victorian Safety inspector told me it was one of the best installations of this type he had seen (40 panels plus Solaredge inverter).
The system is now up and running and all is working as designed.

Hide Tim's Comment

3.3kW

Solis (Ningbo Ginlong)

Inverter Brand

Great customer service and exceptional installation

The team were very helpful and attentive during the quoting process. It was a little challenging working through the state government grant process but completely worth it. On the day of installation, the team were punctual, communicated clearly and did a very tidy job as discussed. Our system has not been inspected yet but all looks good.

We didn't have much communication before the install date, so some things I would recommend are working out a location for your inverter (in the garage if possible, as outside you will need a weather cover for around $120) and be aware that your system will not be turned on until an inspector has signed off, 2-4 weeks after installation. Also the install team has quite a bit of gear so make sure they have plenty of space an easy roof access.

I would recommend calling the customer service team a few days before installation to work this out, but we did it on the day of and had no issues. Really excellent value with the current rebates.
Hide Jeremy's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great experience with install process of solar

Primero was exceptional to deal with.
Paul and his team knew their product, communicated well with quick responses, made themselves available for questions or issues and I felt very comfortable with their recommendation for brand/ size etc
They were very prompt with the process and worked quick and efficiently
Would highly recommend these guys
Hide Thu-Ha's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great to deal with, prompt service and professional installation

Great customer service, very helpful.
Everything organised for me and sent me everything I needed to apply for the Victorian Government rebate.
The installation was prompt, tidy and the installer was happy to answer any questions. The installer stayed until my monitoring system was up and running correctly.
They organised pre approval with my supplier.
I am currently waiting to have my system inspected and turned back on (still in the time frame Primero predicted) so I still need Ausnet to remotely reconfigure my Smart meter and for my supplier to update my plan before the process is complete.
Hide Lawrence's Comment

Flexible and responsive

The sales process was good but it was helpful for me to have a good understanding of solar so I could request certain things. If not then we may have ended up with a less useable system.
Most of the installers were fantastic and the 'boss' was knowledgeable and took care with our property and the system. He explained things well and was generous with his time. One of the installers was less professional and more interested in complaining about how hard it is to work on 'old' houses but in the end, the job was done well.
We are yet to have the inspection and grid connection so I can't comment about that yet except to say that we thought it would all happen on the installation day and were never told that our solar would be switched off for a few weeks until inspected.
Hide Andrew's Comment

10kW

$10,000 to $12,500

Primero solar review

Using Primero solar as our solar panel installer was a good choice. The quotation process was easy as they have good experience a full understanding of providing a great system for the customer. We were looking for a slightly larger system with above standard quality which was no problem with a good price as well. The installation was done in a day and the installers were great. Then within 3 weeks the system was inspected and approved for use and switched on. We are now using our solar during the day and saving on electricity. The phone app we have been given to monitor the usage is pretty easy to follow showing power made and power used. The customer service has been good so far. We are currently waiting for our energy provider to connect us into the grid. Again Primero was very efficient at getting this process happening. Overall we’ve been very happy.
Hide Kevin's Comment

Inverter Brand

Smooth and faultless process - end-to-end.

The Primero team ably assisted me through the quoting process and promptly answered all of my questions both on the phone an via email. Their pricing was very competitive. The installation went perfectly via TJ and his team - the panels looks great on my roof and the inverter is beautifully and neatly wired in at the wall. I would happily recommend Primero to anybody that asks.
Hide Alastair's Comment

$10,000 to $12,500

Inverter Brand

Professional sales and installation, very informative and went out of their way to help where ever possible

Could not fault the service and attention to detail.
Was very pleased with the team's efforts and provided everything I needed
Hide Ross's Comment

Inverter Brand

Good Solar company to deal with and installation professional

Primero were a seamless company to work with, Mayur in the office obliging and helpful with sales/quoting/solar Vic process.,
The installation was a 6.66Kw system , staff turned up on dateand time arranged. Taylor the installer supervisor very competent and answered all questions, plus the quality of work very neat and professional on flat Klip-Lok roof. All staff cleaned up the site. At present the system is awaiting CEC inspection and commissioning.
Hide Glenn's Comment

Solar panel and inverter

Professional service with high quality solar products and great customer service.
Hide Doren's Comment

Inverter Brand

Quality service by a professional team

Exemplirary prompt service by the primero team. They were timely and astute and also educated me on all things solar. The system is top notch as well. Highly recommended the primero team.
Hide David's Comment

Solar system 6.6kw

Great all round, answered every question I had with detail. I had 6.6kw system Installed with consumption monitoring and so far it is working perfect :)

Had the pleasure of speaking with Angelina and Mayur, then installed by TJ. All round great crew!
Hide Wayne's Comment

Inverter Brand

Fantastic company to deal with and great install

Wonderful experience working with Martin and the whole team at Primero. Martin was the only consultant to take the time to thoroughly investigate our shading issues and gave us some great advice. When energy safe did the electrical inspection they commented on the quality of the install from the team. Panels are working well and happy with the whole process. Thank you
Hide Andrew's Comment

Professional team, quality installation

Both sales and installation teams are great.
Highly professional, recommended for the solar installation.
Hide Azad's Comment

Inverter Brand

Unbeatable value, service and quality!

Martin and the team Primero have to be the most professional and organised team out there! After engaging with and entertaining a number of different companies seeking quotes for our work, the Primero team stood head and shoulders above the pack! No pushy hard sell - yet simple, clear and factual conversations around the install with sound advice.

The workers were polite, on-time, friendly and ensured they the left the site clean once done. The best part was when the independent inspectors came to certify the works, I enquired as to the quality of the install and they said it was some of the best work they had seen!

Great value for money, fantastic system and all whilst doing our part to save the environment.

I would be happy to recommend the Primero team to anyone.... in fact I actually haven't stopped telling everyone about them and my new solar system!!!

Hide Ziad's Comment

all class.

The start of the journey to the end was nothing more than exceptional from everyone.
Hide Kieran's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great value, quick turnaround and high quality of installation

Completely hassle free experience from quoting through to installation. Martin took the time to work through some options for our system, and I was pleasantly surprised at the competitive price offer given the components used. Installers arrived on time, took pride in their work and the quality of installation was great, and left a clean site at the end of it. Would definitely recommend Martin and the team.
Hide Greg's Comment

Delta

Great Team

The quotying process was fantastic. I asked for several versions with different equipment and MArtin was extremely helpful and accommodating. I found the installation team at Primero to be very professional and extremely helpful. They arrived when they said they would, the installation was completed to a very high standard and the site was left clean. I couldn't recommend them highly recommend enough.
Hide Lou's Comment

Inverter Brand

Highly recommended! Quality is fantastic and they were easy to deal with

Martin has patiently listen to my questions and provided the needed reply that are factual. That shows his vast knowledge and experiences. His team, TJ and co came and did the installation well despite the weather not being favourable. This, I highly recommend them and will do so for my friends and family.
Hide Kin's Comment

Prompt in every way!

They were the first company to get the quote out to us and were extremely prompt in all their email correspondence, we did not have to wait more than a couple of hours for a response. Our consultant was highly knowledgeable and experienced and provided very detailed information and advice on the system that would best suit our property.

The team that installed were punctual, professional and presented well. They explained the installation process in detail from start to finish.

Thank you for your support and guidance through the entire process.

Hide Jessica's Comment

Inverter Brand

Quality installation! Competitive price.

A very smooth experience from start to finish. We chose to go with Primero due to their competitive price and the fact that they don't use sub contractors, rather their own electricians.
We have recommended them to our family and friends. Really pleased with the result.

Hide Richard's Comment

6kW

A Class service!

Of all the solar companies we spoke to regarding our 'complex' property, Primero was by far the most knowledgable. They understood all of our needs and delivered accordingly.

On the day of Installation, we were so impressed by the professionalism of the installation team. They explained exactly how the installation was going to be carried out at every step of the way.
Our home was left in impeccable condition.

We waited about a week and a half for the inspector to turn up. But other than that it all went smoothly!

Hide Laura's Comment