Primero Electric and Solar

Primero Electric and Solar Reviews

An electrical company at its core, Primero Solar is an Approved Solar Retailer that has specialised in Solar installations since 2013, completing over 700 solar projects per annum, 3.5MW annually.

Primero Solar Founder and Director, Martin Perez, holds an A-Class Victorian Electrical License and CEC Design and Install Accreditation.

Primero exercises quality control through its use of its own in house installation team. Primero does not employ third party install sub contractors allowing us to keep our staff up to date on developing products, industry best practices and regulations.

- Primero Solar prides itself on unique design solutions. No matter how complex the job is, the end goal is to maximize savings and produce clean energy.

- Primero offers a 5 year installation warranty

- Teams experienced in both domestic and commercial solutions

- Access to a vast range of products to keep options open for various requirements

- Primero Solar takes a long-term approach to all of our customer service - our post installation follow up service is important to us - Should any fault occur with your system we have a team of in-house technicians that be will available to service your system in a reasonable time frame

Reviewers report paying: $2,490 - $7,700 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

Primero Electric and Solar Reviews (91)

Great from start to finish. Highly recommended.

The quoting process was quick and transparent. Installers were in time and completed the work quickly and with no mess. They explained everything along the way. Very happy.

Tick all the boxes

Primereo provided the quote then did a follow up phone call to ensure it was what we were looking for. Using the solar quote check sheet at our end, they basically ticked all the boxes as we worked our way through the quote over the phone. The installation went smoothly with the Electrician installing the inverter with minimal visual impact on the surrounding area and the installers efficiently installing the panels on the roof. Everything was left neat and tidy.

Original Review on 04-05-2021:

Quick, affordable and easy design and installation

Sales and quoting process was relatively easy. Hamish was great at responding to my many questions and coming up with a suitable design. Installation was delivered quickly and efficiently and they organised connection to the grid quickly. They really made it all very seamless. Only issue was that Primero wouldn’t do a site inspection as part of the quoting process, only after we had accepted their quote, which isn’t ideal. Original ratings

9 months later we asked Rachelle: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

No regrets here, we are very happy with our solar system and being able to see how effective they are in the summer months is pretty exciting!

Original Review on 10-07-2021:

Good experience

Good experience overall. Informative quotes and sales representative was helpful and quick to respond to all additional questions. Neat installation. Waiting for final inspection to get connection. Only slightly disappointed that ~10cm of the mounting system are visible from the street, rather than being fully hidden under the panels which would be more aesthetic. Original ratings

6 months later we asked Sheila: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, all good!

Very professional sales team also a happy knowledgeable insulation team.

Sales process was very informative and the staff where very knowledgeable.

The installation team did a great job and worked very smoothly.
They left the site very clean on completion and were respectful.

So far so good

Primero were one of the three potential installers we were given from Solar quotes. After our initial contact with Paul in the sales area, we were pretty sure this was the company for us. Nothing was too much trouble and if Paul didn't know (which didn't happen often) he found out for us and all with fast turn arounds. He was happy as we threw around a number of different options (often meaning more work for him) and helped with suggestions on what might work best. Unfortunately installation was delayed, but this was due to the panels we chose not arriving in time, rather than any issue on the part of Primero. Installation day arrived and the boys (5 of them) were on time and a well oiled machine. They worked hard and put in a long day. They double checked with us before commencing as the layout changed slightly for more efficiency once they did a site review. When they left you would not have known anything or anyone had been there - except for the big black panels on our roof. We are now awaiting the inspector so we can flick the switch, but certainly so far so good.

Original Review on 05-07-2021:

Hassle-free and Professional Service

Most professional quote provided compared to other solar companies. I did not need to chase the quote or company contacts throughout the process. Team kept me informed and supported from start to finish. Trades were punctual, polite and always very helpful. I have already recommended this company to my colleagues and friends who wish to upgrade or install a new solar system. We are very happy with the system performance already saving us half our winter electricity bill. Original ratings

6 months later we asked Steve: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Performance has exceeded our expectations. Our location presented shade challenges that make standard array non-viable. This system was designed to maximise output and has already saved us more than the anticipated return on investment. We are very impressed and have referred our design, supply and installation team to friends who have made improvements to their existing solar systems.

Original Review on 03-05-2021:

The quoting was excellent and easy.
The installation went well and the installers were punctual, tidy and very helpful.
The inspector was organised and came two weeks after insallation.

8 months later we asked Bruce: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Our last electricity biil is the first one we can really compare to the same period last year (due to Covid and holidays). For 3 months the feed in credit was $34.30 but the big saving was usage down 52% so very happy with that.

Professional

Sales process was professional with no pressure, the installation was completed in a timely fashion and the customer service was quick and concise.

Professional and caring

Primero responded promptly with quoting, and spent a lot of time working out our best option with us. We decided on the best quality system even though it isn't the cheapest, with no pressure to do so. Their representative was friendly, helpful and professional.

After an initial site inspection, the installation was performed within a day, including arranging a builder to remove some old ducting which was in the way. Our second story roof presented some problems but they were resolved in the course of the day and the result was good.

There was good communication between their departments and an effort to ensure that we were satisfied with the progress and end result of the work. At this stage we are waiting for inspection to approve the installation, but a brief check on the day showed that it works well.

Original Review on 09-04-2021:

Very nice, clean installation.

Sales was very informative and easy to deal with. Installation was great - very clean and neat after completion. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Jeffrey: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System has been great for the first 12 months of its life. Really started seeing some significant savings on electricity bills when we hit November and coming into the Australian summer. Also no problems at all so far with the panels, installation or inverter.

Extremely helpful helping me to navigate the options

Very helpful, found Georgina on particular to be extremely helpful. The installation was on time on the date agreed.

Great installer. Highly recommended.

Quoted though a few suppliers. Ended up going with Primero most due to the professionalism of their sales personnel. Very willing to answer questions and provide so detail of how they choose the best options.

Installers were excellent. Very knowledgeable, fast, and professional. Installation seems to have been done very well. All the appropriate spaces and seals were used, which is easy to leave out. Looks clean and organized. All signage and labelling was put in place.

There was a couple of issues overall.

I had were they forgot to book in my site inspection. Though they did this on the day of install. My layout was a bit complex so we would have liked that piece of mind before the installers turned up. Ended up not being an issue and they kept their install date.

Also I had my panels swapped out for a lower spec panel the week of the install due to price rises. This didn't change the system cost but was frustrating as careful consideration was taken on panel selection during the quoting process. This would probably be the case for most if not all providers given the current solar market but still annoying. Could have been solved with earlier site inspection and pre-purchasing the system once the contact is in place. I'm not sure of the standard practice here.

They also left off the consumption monitoring option during install so they came back the next day to finish this off. This was a mistake from the quote to install process but they quickly admitted the mistake and fixed it. There was no argument or blaming what so ever.

I would highly recommend Primero. Everyone was professional and efficient. Even with the issues above they were all solved quickly and will little fuss. I generally rate a service provider with how they handle issues (as they will always come up) and Primero was excellent in this regard.

Great customer service and Great installer!

Installation was a breeze tradies turned up on time and got the job done cleaned up and did a really neat job

Great Installation

The salesperson was knowledgeable and helpful and the quoting process was good. The installers were polite, punctual and completed the task in good time. Our experience with Primero was really good.

Our panels were installed on 4 November, and Primero advised the inspectors, however, we are still waiting for the inspection. We emailed Primero on 16 November who contacted the inspector and were told we would receive a phone call to arrange inspection which has not happened yet.

This is a disappointing as our next door neighbour had his solar panels installed a few months ago and his inspection was less than a week of solar installation.

Good service. Happy customer

Good sales person, not too pushy and gave some useful tips
Installation was good and with no problem
Customer service communication could be better, but it is definitely a minor issue

Original Review on 04-03-2021:

Flexible and responsive

The sales process was good but it was helpful for me to have a good understanding of solar so I could request certain things. If not then we may have ended up with a less useable system.
Most of the installers were fantastic and the 'boss' was knowledgeable and took care with our property and the system. He explained things well and was generous with his time. One of the installers was less professional and more interested in complaining about how hard it is to work on 'old' houses but in the end, the job was done well.
We are yet to have the inspection and grid connection so I can't comment about that yet except to say that we thought it would all happen on the installation day and were never told that our solar would be switched off for a few weeks until inspected.

8 months later we asked Andrew: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

After 12 months the system seems to be performing well and is meeting our expectations. Overall I would say this is a good quality system that was well installed.

Great install, quality system, helpful and friendly.

Once on site rejiggled the design to maximise the north facing panels, clear in explaining things in the sales process. Communication of install date and time was little lacking, with me having to chase the team, but once on site was a great experience.

Original Review on 02-03-2021:

Professional sales and installation, very informative and went out of their way to help where ever possible

Could not fault the service and attention to detail.
Was very pleased with the team's efforts and provided everything I needed

8 months later we asked Ross: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Best choice I've made, very satisfied with the system and power production. Would highly recommend it.

Great mid range quality system.

Primero listened to what I wanted (a mid range price / quality system) and the sales consultant was very patient and helpful providing great advice on the phone and via email. I then researched the system component recommendations myself and was very happy with the suggested panels and inverter prior to going ahead with the quote. On the day of installation the young team arrived on time, they were really easy to get along with and the workmanship seems excellent. Following installation the administrative process to complete the connection to the grid was undertaken by Primero which did take some time however this was expected and everything went smoothly. I am really happy I chose Primero.

Great customer service and excellent installation

I chose premium Maxon 5 panels with inbuilt Enphase inverters. Investing more now means I have less problems down the track. My array is very generous and producting heaps of green energy for me. In future I will buy a battery also.

Georgina in the sales office answered my many many questions about solar installations. Nothing was too much trouble. The installation team leader was happy for me to inspect their CEC accreditation digital certificate and take pictures of products they were installing on my roof to ensure all match my contract. The inspector said it was a great job! Thanks Primero. I'm already recommending you to others..

Original Review on 02-03-2021:

Primero solar review

Using Primero solar as our solar panel installer was a good choice. The quotation process was easy as they have good experience a full understanding of providing a great system for the customer. We were looking for a slightly larger system with above standard quality which was no problem with a good price as well. The installation was done in a day and the installers were great. Then within 3 weeks the system was inspected and approved for use and switched on. We are now using our solar during the day and saving on electricity. The phone app we have been given to monitor the usage is pretty easy to follow showing power made and power used. The customer service has been good so far. We are currently waiting for our energy provider to connect us into the grid. Again Primero was very efficient at getting this process happening. Overall we’ve been very happy. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Kevin: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We’ve had the system through autumn and winter with lower bills. Hoping to see even bigger bill drops no daylight savings has started.

Excellent installation and service

I was somewhat fearful about selecting a solar retailer/installer. I contacted SolarQuotes and Primero was one of the 3 companies recommended. I got quotes from all 3. Primero were the most responsive to my questions and requirements. Not the cheapest though. I selected them on this basis. The installation went perfectly and the Primero team were technically competent, efficient and knowledgeable. The whole process of getting the Vic Govt rebate, supplier permission and inspection was handled easily by Primero. So far a very good experience!
System 6.15 kW, Sunpower panels with built in Enphase Microinverters.

They also removed the old system before starting.

Smooth process

Paul was very helpful with the initial design and willing to try plenty of different options. Install was quick and uncomplicated.

Quick to install, but with inverter set up difficulties.

Sales process was great, highly responsive and answered all applicable questions.

Installation went mostly smoothly, however with the dying light of day, was unable to test the installation. Installer came back another day and tested the system

Also noting the inspector had a wait time of 2 months before showing up to commission the installation, which was a real letdown.

Customer service was on point to assist with resolving the above mentioned issues. :)

It took 3 separate days for installation. I found the tradespeople very amicable. Back of house was poor. Co-ordination of installation was poor. I purchased a very expensive system based on a belief in some ways you get what you pay for and believed the customer service if something goes wrong would be there to help alleviate any issues. This certainly wasn't the case with installation. (In fairness to the 3 days installation, I believe I was the 1st customer of theirs to have purchased the very new Maxeon 5 410w panels). This does not excuse poor back of house co-ordination. I had also asked for a quote on more than 16 panels but the price came back more expensive per panel panel price of initial quote. ($10500/16 panels = $656/ panel). Additional panels were going to cost more than this. Upon querying was advised that they would have to send a team out for a second day which would add to the cost. As it turned out, it took them 3 days to install the 16 panels. No one contacted me to ask if I would like to add additional panels at a reduced rate. I believe that was a lost opportunity.

More than satisfied customer!

From the word ‘go’ Primero Electric and Solar were professional all the way, they walked me through the Government rebate system as well as what type of system I could put on my roof with the budget I had while not requiring the expensive ‘top of the line’ equipment (read quality but not at the expense of my wallet!).

Installation (5.57kwp system – 15 panels with each having their own micro-inverter) was slightly delayed due to ‘weather’ concerns but once they started the job it was over and done within two days with all the installers being not only polite but knowledgeable on what they were doing and left after cleaning up after themselves (a rare thing these days with trades people!).

Turning on the system was delayed by the Government mandated inspector not being available until after the Christmas period (installation took place in early December) but once it was certified I began to notice a marked decrease in my power bills – even over the winter period which, along with the assistance dealing with my energy provider meant that I can now sit back and reap some of the benefits from not having to pay exorbitant power bills
I am now exploring ‘batteries’ to go with the solar panels to further decrease independence from the grid!

Well Done Primero!

Reliable installer

I was able to communicate with Ash and other company personnel when required. Appointments were honored when the work began. No problems with connecting to the grid. Assistance was given with the application process for relevant government subsidies. Generally a good company to deal with. Payment consisted of a deposit when the contract was signed and the final payment was made after project was complete. I mention this as some companies wanted full payment prior to commencing work.

Excellent Installation

Sales quoting process was smooth and efficiently handled. The installation was on the set day and completed well on time quite satisfactorily. No mess left behind, The customer service was very good, polite and knowledgeable about the product with excellent advise given. The grid connection was also organised and was done within the period I was given.
Furthermore, I was given a very good discount on the installation of the job as well.

Primero came highly recommended by a friend & didn't disappoint

The quote was offered quickly after a decent discussion as to my needs & was clearly laid out for my consideration.

Even with the various restraints caused by lockdowns, the team arrived when they said they would, worked efficiently, were very courteous, tidying up as they went.

The job was all done on the day & it was not long after that the safety inspection was done with the system getting a thumbs up.
Customer service was on point with no hesitation in answering questions in both the lead up & during the job.

Very satisfied customer, Fantastic company to deal with and amazing final product

From the first contact, they helped me understand what was needed, arranged the quote, and also helped me navigate through the Victorian Government rebate process.

Salespeople and the installers were very helpful and polite, Installation was completed on schedule and with no inconvenience to us

The Inspection and grid connection was arranged immediately after final payment and the connection was completed 3 days later.

Could not ask for better service, very happy customer.

Took all the confusion out of solar

I was really overwhelmed with the task of choosing a solar company. Once I began dealing with Primero all my questions were answered and they cared that I had a solid understanding so I could make a good decision based on my needs. It was so easy to lock in the deal, organise rebates and book the installation. It was so efficient. Installation was a dream. They were on time, really lovely to deal with and there was not a scrap of rubbish left behind. They organised the inspector to come out and got the grid connection sorted. I am so thankful you made it so easy for our family home to have solar and do our bit for our planet.

Great from sales, install and following up. Couldn't fault them.

I imagine that I am a bit of a difficult customer, I had lots of questions, live in a heritage overlay and had lots of redesigns of the layout based on council feedback.

Throughout the process, Primero were excellent to deal with. Special thanks go to Jesse who worked tirelessly to work within the council regulations whilst still getting the best system for my multi-orientation roof layout; Mayur who helped schedule, then reschedule around lockdowns and torrential downpours; and Nathan who spent the best part of a day getting my fusebox in shape and worked with his install team to squeeze every last panel into a very narrow North-facing roof. They were always on time (both with phonically, follow-ups and the install day), were happy to explore different suppliers and to give advice, and were familiar with Solar Analytics (sourcing and installing the module). Their pricing was also competitive - not bargain basement, but for this level of service I think I got a very good deal.

Smooth Installation Journey

Installation was done professionally. Staffs are polite, tidy and punctual.

A pleasure to deal with.

A pat on the back for me. I picked the best company to deal with. Customer service was professional and most helpful.
Installation fitters were courteous careful and tidy. Well organised throughout. I would recommend Primo Electric and Solar to anyone.
Regards Dave.

Very professional .

Customer service was great. Installing guys good but the initial ones were a but untidy with leaving screws etc in driveway but the 2 Nd lot of installers were great ,

Solar Quotes is a Wealth of Knowledge

All my questions were answered and I received a very competitive price for the system I wanted. Just waiting for the install.

Excellent installer

I obtained 3 quotes using Solar Quotes and opted to go with Primero. The sales representative spent a lot of time with me in online meetings looking at my requirements, my energy usage, my energy bills and used a simulator to track the sun across my roof. From there they recommended the number of panels and we discussed what kind, their location, and the type of inverter. The company then sent out a electrician to look at the configuration of my array, suggested alterations based on tree coverage and then we booked in a time for the installation, which was a month or 2 down the track. The installation was done in a day by experienced installers who were in-house (not sub contractors). The were friendly, efficient and explained the work before and after. A few weeks later the system was turned on once it had been given the tick of approval. Primero Solar did all the paper work and sorted out all the subsidies and connections with my energy provider, I didn't have to do any of this. Got my first full winter electricity bill recently and there was a 37% decrease in my winter energy usage with a 6.32 kwp system. My gas bill is now more expensive then my electricity bill! Looking to get a battery later on, and Primero assisted in ensuring my system was designed to accommodate this in its future connection and location. Would recommend this company to anyone. They will walk you through it all and make sure you understand what you are purchasing.

Primero did a very professional job at a great price.

Primero did a very professional job at a great price.

Primero Positive Experience

The team did a great job with the installation and we could not be more pleased with having chosen Primero.

The experience was very professional from the moment we first made contact with them with the sales team spending the time to provide valuable information and answering all of our questions. This was very important when it came to making the choice of who we were going to go with.

We would highly recommend them to anyone looking at installing solar

Exceptional from beginning to end

The customer service team who quoted and answered all questions were truly excellent. The communication around when they would be here for installation was clear and they delivered as promised.
Inspection and grid connection went through without a hitch and system is performing in line with their model as far as power generation goes.

Simple process and excellent installation

Very informative all through the process
Installed on schedule and with no inconvenience
Inspection and grid connection organised
Couldn’t ask for better service

Friendly sales, professional installers, good customer service

Salesperson was very friendly and patient. He was helpful with my enquires. As I wasn’t sure what I needed/wanted, he was willing to spend the time to revise the quote multiple times to satisfy my indecisiveness.
The installers were great. Punctual and friendly. They did their work quietly and efficiently. No mucking around. Job was well done, as far as I could see.

The customer service was smooth and hassle-free. They took care of everything that was expected from their side. They don’t leave me wondering “what’s next” or “are they suppose to do this or am o suppose to do it” situation. They guide me along and help to make the process really smooth.

I waited/delayed my solar installation for years (wanted to do it since 7-8 years ago) due to all the negative reviews and news around solar installations. But my time with Primero was surprisingly smooth and none of the negative issues that I read about showed up.

Professional service & installation

Sales/quoting process was easy and informative. Sales rep advised he could come out to our property to meet us personally and discuss options. No other company offered to do that during the quoting process. That was a big tick for us and enabled us to get answers to questions that were difficult to discuss over the phone.

The installation was professional. It wasn't an easy install given double story property and some access issues. Our panel design changed on the day which we were advised could happen given roof space and shadow issues. The new panel layout design was communicated immediately. The team cleaned up the site after install and organised electrical inspector the following day. Getting inspector booked so quickly was not expected. The system was signed off by inspector and turned on day after installation.

Even the inspector complimented the quality of the installation.

From start to finish Primero were fantastic. They explained my options and walked me through the entire process of installing and connecting a solar array. When I raised concerns about the proposed layout, they listened and altered it without any issues. Their prices were the best for similar quality setups from other suppliers.

The installation was prompt, professional and tidy, even the inspector commented that it was one of the tidiest installations he had seen. A big relief for us as we had heard horror stories from friends who used a different installer.

We recommended them to a colleague who also went ahead with using Primero for their installation. They could not be happier with the result.

6 stars for customer service!

Excellent and easy process with Primero from the start when sourcing the quote, right through to the end and showing us how it all works. Would be happy recommending them to anyone.

Disappointed

Primero was constantly in touch with us and answered any questions we had. We were then happy to go ahead with the installation. We paid the deposit and havent heard from them since.

Have rung and left messages but nobody has got back to us.

If this is a taste of their customer service I am glad we only lost the deposit and not the whole amount quoted

Very dissappointed

Fantastic experience from start to finish

From Paul the sales rep returning my call on my enquiry to installation to having my system having final inspection. The process was very easy. Would recommend Primero solar hands down. Started doing a lot of research and just confused myself but Paul put me back on track and simplified everything. Excellent service .5 star.

Good company with excellent customer service

I an happy with the service I received from Primero Solar on the whole; I do want to emphasize that the customer service I received from Georgina, Leigh and especially from Mayur was excellent.

His assistance and patience made the experience good and therefore I have recommended Primero solar to family and friends. Please pass on my thanks and appreciation to him.

Very happy with Primero installation and services

I am very happy with Primero customer services and installation. The initial quotation was quick and the lovely consultant was patient and informative. The advices was spot-on for pros and cons of different type inverters and panels, as well as my current tree shading situation. She gave me several options and the prices were very compatitive.

The installation team was cool and professional, very punctuative with messages in advance. They did a very good and neat job, that's the comment from the solar inspector. They suggested me get a awning canopy for the inverter and installed it for free. They informed me all the steps during installation and tidy up the place after. Little details like informed about the tiles that broken and replaced, and that makes a newbie like me feel confident.

After sales services was friendly and straight forward. I extended my inverter warranty with them and it was good. They informed all the steps for inspector and grid connection.

Out of several installers, i choose Primero not based on the price. It is a combination of good advices, attention to details and good customer services, and that makes them go a long way.

What else can i say when it ticked all the boxes. Thank you Primero teams for the best solar installation experience. I am more than happy to recommend Primero to anyone looking to install new solar system.