Primero Electric and Solar

Primero Electric and Solar Reviews

An electrical company at its core, Primero Solar is an Approved Solar Retailer that has specialised in Solar installations since 2013, completing over 700 solar projects per annum, 3.5MW annually.

Primero Solar Founder and Director, Martin Perez, holds an A-Class Victorian Electrical License and CEC Design and Install Accreditation.

Primero exercises quality control through its use of its own in house installation team. Primero does not employ third party install sub contractors allowing us to keep our staff up to date on developing products, industry best practices and regulations.

- Primero Solar prides itself on unique design solutions. No matter how complex the job is, the end goal is to maximize savings and produce clean energy.

- Primero offers a 5 year installation warranty

- Teams experienced in both domestic and commercial solutions

- Access to a vast range of products to keep options open for various requirements

- Primero Solar takes a long-term approach to all of our customer service - our post installation follow up service is important to us - Should any fault occur with your system we have a team of in-house technicians that be will available to service your system in a reasonable time frame

Reviewers report paying: $1,850 - $7,990 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Primero Electric and Solar Reviews (60)

Primero Positive Experience

The team did a great job with the installation and we could not be more pleased with having chosen Primero.

The experience was very professional from the moment we first made contact with them with the sales team spending the time to provide valuable information and answering all of our questions. This was very important when it came to making the choice of who we were going to go with.

We would highly recommend them to anyone looking at installing solar

Exceptional from beginning to end

The customer service team who quoted and answered all questions were truly excellent. The communication around when they would be here for installation was clear and they delivered as promised.
Inspection and grid connection went through without a hitch and system is performing in line with their model as far as power generation goes.

Good experience

Good experience overall. Informative quotes and sales representative was helpful and quick to respond to all additional questions. Neat installation. Waiting for final inspection to get connection. Only slightly disappointed that ~10cm of the mounting system are visible from the street, rather than being fully hidden under the panels which would be more aesthetic.

Simple process and excellent installation

Very informative all through the process
Installed on schedule and with no inconvenience
Inspection and grid connection organised
Couldn’t ask for better service

Hassle-free and Professional Service

Most professional quote provided compared to other solar companies. I did not need to chase the quote or company contacts throughout the process. Team kept me informed and supported from start to finish. Trades were punctual, polite and always very helpful. I have already recommended this company to my colleagues and friends who wish to upgrade or install a new solar system. We are very happy with the system performance already saving us half our winter electricity bill.

Friendly sales, professional installers, good customer service

Salesperson was very friendly and patient. He was helpful with my enquires. As I wasn’t sure what I needed/wanted, he was willing to spend the time to revise the quote multiple times to satisfy my indecisiveness.
The installers were great. Punctual and friendly. They did their work quietly and efficiently. No mucking around. Job was well done, as far as I could see.

The customer service was smooth and hassle-free. They took care of everything that was expected from their side. They don’t leave me wondering “what’s next” or “are they suppose to do this or am o suppose to do it” situation. They guide me along and help to make the process really smooth.

I waited/delayed my solar installation for years (wanted to do it since 7-8 years ago) due to all the negative reviews and news around solar installations. But my time with Primero was surprisingly smooth and none of the negative issues that I read about showed up.

Professional service & installation

Sales/quoting process was easy and informative. Sales rep advised he could come out to our property to meet us personally and discuss options. No other company offered to do that during the quoting process. That was a big tick for us and enabled us to get answers to questions that were difficult to discuss over the phone.

The installation was professional. It wasn't an easy install given double story property and some access issues. Our panel design changed on the day which we were advised could happen given roof space and shadow issues. The new panel layout design was communicated immediately. The team cleaned up the site after install and organised electrical inspector the following day. Getting inspector booked so quickly was not expected. The system was signed off by inspector and turned on day after installation.

Even the inspector complimented the quality of the installation.

From start to finish Primero were fantastic. They explained my options and walked me through the entire process of installing and connecting a solar array. When I raised concerns about the proposed layout, they listened and altered it without any issues. Their prices were the best for similar quality setups from other suppliers.

The installation was prompt, professional and tidy, even the inspector commented that it was one of the tidiest installations he had seen. A big relief for us as we had heard horror stories from friends who used a different installer.

We recommended them to a colleague who also went ahead with using Primero for their installation. They could not be happier with the result.

6 stars for customer service!

Excellent and easy process with Primero from the start when sourcing the quote, right through to the end and showing us how it all works. Would be happy recommending them to anyone.

Disappointed

Primero was constantly in touch with us and answered any questions we had. We were then happy to go ahead with the installation. We paid the deposit and havent heard from them since.

Have rung and left messages but nobody has got back to us.

If this is a taste of their customer service I am glad we only lost the deposit and not the whole amount quoted

Very dissappointed

Fantastic experience from start to finish

From Paul the sales rep returning my call on my enquiry to installation to having my system having final inspection. The process was very easy. Would recommend Primero solar hands down. Started doing a lot of research and just confused myself but Paul put me back on track and simplified everything. Excellent service .5 star.

Good company with excellent customer service

I an happy with the service I received from Primero Solar on the whole; I do want to emphasize that the customer service I received from Georgina, Leigh and especially from Mayur was excellent.

His assistance and patience made the experience good and therefore I have recommended Primero solar to family and friends. Please pass on my thanks and appreciation to him.

Very happy with Primero installation and services

I am very happy with Primero customer services and installation. The initial quotation was quick and the lovely consultant was patient and informative. The advices was spot-on for pros and cons of different type inverters and panels, as well as my current tree shading situation. She gave me several options and the prices were very compatitive.

The installation team was cool and professional, very punctuative with messages in advance. They did a very good and neat job, that's the comment from the solar inspector. They suggested me get a awning canopy for the inverter and installed it for free. They informed me all the steps during installation and tidy up the place after. Little details like informed about the tiles that broken and replaced, and that makes a newbie like me feel confident.

After sales services was friendly and straight forward. I extended my inverter warranty with them and it was good. They informed all the steps for inspector and grid connection.

Out of several installers, i choose Primero not based on the price. It is a combination of good advices, attention to details and good customer services, and that makes them go a long way.

What else can i say when it ticked all the boxes. Thank you Primero teams for the best solar installation experience. I am more than happy to recommend Primero to anyone looking to install new solar system.

Can't rate these guys highly enough!!

A lovely company to deal with, excellent customer service, every team member was amazing, from quote to installation all went very smoothly.

Great experience

The Sales rep and install team worked with us on a complicated roof profile to get the best Solar package. Very impressed with their willingness to work with us to come up with the best solution. The install team were professional and took the time to do a quality job, including followup to make sure it was all working. Very Happy and recommend the guys.

Fantastic Primero Experience

Brilliant installation team, extremely professional, and left the place spotless. Thanks to the team and project manager Anthony. Went over and above to help with some roofing issues I had. Great value for the system I bought. Now waiting for grid connection! Very happy to date.

A sales person that actually cared and wanted my business.

I’ve gotten a lot of solar quotes and tried to work with a few installers that just wasted my time and could never actually get out to do the job. This time around I got a couple of quotes and once again there was one that didn’t get back to me for weeks. The other two got back to me fast with one having a great deal but the other primero had a sales person willing to do the work to get and keep my business she always got straight back to me and kept in touch plus she worked with me to get a good price.

Great solar installation experience

Primers were amazing form the original quote through to helping with filling in the forms to a great installation team.

I had many concerns when working out a good system and I had all my questions answered. There are lots of forms and just one simple e mail explained all the steps needed to obtain the government rebates . But most of all, the install team were just great so polite and kept me up to date every step of the process

Quick, affordable and easy design and installation

Sales and quoting process was relatively easy. Hamish was great at responding to my many questions and coming up with a suitable design. Installation was delivered quickly and efficiently and they organised connection to the grid quickly. They really made it all very seamless. Only issue was that Primero wouldn’t do a site inspection as part of the quoting process, only after we had accepted their quote, which isn’t ideal.

Excellent installer - Anthony James Page & Team

Georgina wad very good and the process easy
Installation was professional and very tidy - great job
Customer service always there to help

Could not have done better

From the first contact with Georgina who organised my quote to the installation of the solar system by Martin and his team, the process was seamless. I could not ask for better service. I thoroughly recommend Primero Electric &Solar to anyone who is seeking a Solar system. They organised everything in a timely manner and arranged the connection to the grid.

The quoting was excellent and easy.
The installation went well and the installers were punctual, tidy and very helpful.
The inspector was organised and came two weeks after insallation.

Very pleased with the whole process

Installed on on time, Great friendly installation team. The inspector commented on how well the installation was done.

Fantastic customer service, incredible install team

Customer service was second to none. Worked though a number of quotes and system designes to find the one right for us. Followed up after install to ensure we get connected to the grid and answered any questions along the way.

The install team were incredibly professional, a large team of around 6. They did everything safely putting up the needed barriers for our double story install. Got the large system installed efficently and finished in the early afternoon.

Wiring was done extremely well with all cabling behind the bricks. No cables or conduit visible at all and inverter very neatly installed.

Overall could not be happier!

Perfect system, dont know if it's working

Primero inside sales (Jesse) was very easy to talk to, very friendly, knows what he is talking about.
Process itself was easy and quick.
Installation team (Nathan) was very professional and thorough.
They had some issues with the activation of the smart meter, but everything was quickly resolved.

Smooth and professional.

Excellent customer service and professionally installed. Successfully passed the independent certification test which was very pleasing.

Worth while customer platform

I used Solar quotes because I had no idea were to start. Now I am informed about the choices and the infirmed about what options we ad add in the future.

Primero solar

Very professional company to deal with, answer all your questions.

Fantastic service from start finish

Sales and quoting process was great. I didn't feel pushed and they answered my question promptly.
No issues with the installation, arrived on time, were polite and no mess left behind.
Customer service was fantastic from start to finish.
Yes they helped organised the grid connection

Friendly professional installation

The installers did a great job, were polite and friendly and they even removed some old satellite dishes from the roof for no extra charge.

They also assisted with my application for a rebate and handled the connection side of things for me.

The only issue I have is that their sales rep told me I could export to the grid, but it turned out that this advice was wrong and I that I was export limited. They have promised to apply to the power company on my behalf to be allowed to export power when more quotas are available in June, so we'll see how that goes.

Fantastic Service.

Fantastic service, from sales to installation and follow up. Highly recommended.

Very nice, clean installation.

Sales was very informative and easy to deal with. Installation was great - very clean and neat after completion.

Hands on, compassionate sales person. Clean, hassle free installation.

The sales experience was particularly good. I had a previous experience attempting to get solar that ended very poorly. When I told my sales consultant this he took extra care throughout the entire process to ensure I felt confident and comfortable. He worked with me to find the system that felt the most right for our house, and at no point did I feel like I was being pressured to spend more.

After we had agreed on a system, they organised a site inspection to confirm the installation could go ahead, and we determined at that point that we would need to make changed to ensure it could fit on my roof. This process was fairly painless as well, and after that installation went ahead as scheduled.

The day of installation went very well. Primero use their own in-house installation team, who arrived on time and set to work without a fuss. They were polite throughout the day, and I was able to do my work inside without much disruption. There was a minor damage to a roof tile while they were working, but they were upfront and transparent about this, and discussed with me how it could be addressed.

After the inspection occurred, we had some back and forth configuring the consumption monitoring, but that has just now been resolved. The last thing we're waiting on is the grid connection, but that is in flight and I expect it will be done very soon.

Overall, I have had a really good experience with Primero, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

You little bewdy

Primero provided a seamless and friendly process from initial sales with Paul through to the installation crew. As an ex-retail manager l have high expectations of amiable person to person contact, communication, work quality and back up, it's pleasing to report all the previous were easily met.

Local interested tradesmen have checked out the installed panels and inverter and have been more than impressed.
Primero have certainly lived up to initial word of mouth reports.

Pete.

Flawless installation and great service

Communication through the quotation and sales process was great!
Nathan and his team of installers were absolutely fantastic! They were respectful, answered all questions I had and installed the system without issue.

Good service

Very good service. Patient with my millions of questions. Nice friendly installation team. Good communication from whole team.

Delivery of solar electric system for our house

I found the quoting process was polite, informative and efficient.
The installation was either on time or earlier and I can't fault the installation crew.
The installers were also very helpful in setting up an app on my phone to monitor energy production.

Great system with great results

I was really happy with the quote and the installation process - the guys were very polite and effecient and cleaned up after them selves perfectly and made sure I was happy with every aspect of the system.

Professional and Reliable Installer. Operating at the quality end of the market.

Sales quoting process was all done via Zoom. It was well handled and the sales person called in the technical people as appropriate to answer my questions. They will do a site inspection if required.
Prior to installation, I asked for some additional electrical work to be done at the same time to avoid duplication for the planned installation of a pool heater and Primero sent their installation supervisor out to do a site inspection.
He was very thorough and when the installation was done it all went smoothly.
Primero's customer service organised everything after installation, except I had to organise the contract change with Origin Energy after the Victorian Safety Inspector finished his bit.
The Victorian Safety inspector told me it was one of the best installations of this type he had seen (40 panels plus Solaredge inverter).
The system is now up and running and all is working as designed.

Great customer service and exceptional installation

The team were very helpful and attentive during the quoting process. It was a little challenging working through the state government grant process but completely worth it. On the day of installation, the team were punctual, communicated clearly and did a very tidy job as discussed. Our system has not been inspected yet but all looks good.

We didn't have much communication before the install date, so some things I would recommend are working out a location for your inverter (in the garage if possible, as outside you will need a weather cover for around $120) and be aware that your system will not be turned on until an inspector has signed off, 2-4 weeks after installation. Also the install team has quite a bit of gear so make sure they have plenty of space an easy roof access.

I would recommend calling the customer service team a few days before installation to work this out, but we did it on the day of and had no issues. Really excellent value with the current rebates.

Great experience with install process of solar

Primero was exceptional to deal with.
Paul and his team knew their product, communicated well with quick responses, made themselves available for questions or issues and I felt very comfortable with their recommendation for brand/ size etc
They were very prompt with the process and worked quick and efficiently
Would highly recommend these guys

Great to deal with, prompt service and professional installation

Great customer service, very helpful.
Everything organised for me and sent me everything I needed to apply for the Victorian Government rebate.
The installation was prompt, tidy and the installer was happy to answer any questions. The installer stayed until my monitoring system was up and running correctly.
They organised pre approval with my supplier.
I am currently waiting to have my system inspected and turned back on (still in the time frame Primero predicted) so I still need Ausnet to remotely reconfigure my Smart meter and for my supplier to update my plan before the process is complete.

Flexible and responsive

The sales process was good but it was helpful for me to have a good understanding of solar so I could request certain things. If not then we may have ended up with a less useable system.
Most of the installers were fantastic and the 'boss' was knowledgeable and took care with our property and the system. He explained things well and was generous with his time. One of the installers was less professional and more interested in complaining about how hard it is to work on 'old' houses but in the end, the job was done well.
We are yet to have the inspection and grid connection so I can't comment about that yet except to say that we thought it would all happen on the installation day and were never told that our solar would be switched off for a few weeks until inspected.

Primero solar review

Using Primero solar as our solar panel installer was a good choice. The quotation process was easy as they have good experience a full understanding of providing a great system for the customer. We were looking for a slightly larger system with above standard quality which was no problem with a good price as well. The installation was done in a day and the installers were great. Then within 3 weeks the system was inspected and approved for use and switched on. We are now using our solar during the day and saving on electricity. The phone app we have been given to monitor the usage is pretty easy to follow showing power made and power used. The customer service has been good so far. We are currently waiting for our energy provider to connect us into the grid. Again Primero was very efficient at getting this process happening. Overall we’ve been very happy.

Smooth and faultless process - end-to-end.

The Primero team ably assisted me through the quoting process and promptly answered all of my questions both on the phone an via email. Their pricing was very competitive. The installation went perfectly via TJ and his team - the panels looks great on my roof and the inverter is beautifully and neatly wired in at the wall. I would happily recommend Primero to anybody that asks.

Professional sales and installation, very informative and went out of their way to help where ever possible

Could not fault the service and attention to detail.
Was very pleased with the team's efforts and provided everything I needed

Good Solar company to deal with and installation professional

Primero were a seamless company to work with, Mayur in the office obliging and helpful with sales/quoting/solar Vic process.,
The installation was a 6.66Kw system , staff turned up on dateand time arranged. Taylor the installer supervisor very competent and answered all questions, plus the quality of work very neat and professional on flat Klip-Lok roof. All staff cleaned up the site. At present the system is awaiting CEC inspection and commissioning.

Solar panel and inverter

Professional service with high quality solar products and great customer service.

Quality service by a professional team

Exemplirary prompt service by the primero team. They were timely and astute and also educated me on all things solar. The system is top notch as well. Highly recommended the primero team.

Solar system 6.6kw

Great all round, answered every question I had with detail. I had 6.6kw system Installed with consumption monitoring and so far it is working perfect :)

Had the pleasure of speaking with Angelina and Mayur, then installed by TJ. All round great crew!