Primero Electric and Solar

Primero Electric and Solar Reviews

An electrical company at its core, Primero Solar is an Approved Solar Retailer that has specialised in Solar installations since 2013, completing over 700 solar projects per annum, 3.5MW annually.

Primero Solar Founder and Director, Martin Perez, holds an A-Class Victorian Electrical License and CEC Design and Install Accreditation.

Primero exercises quality control through its use of its own in house installation team. Primero does not employ third party install sub contractors allowing us to keep our staff up to date on developing products, industry best practices and regulations.

- Primero Solar prides itself on unique design solutions. No matter how complex the job is, the end goal is to maximize savings and produce clean energy.

- Primero offers a 5 year installation warranty

- Teams experienced in both domestic and commercial solutions

- Access to a vast range of products to keep options open for various requirements

- Primero Solar takes a long-term approach to all of our customer service - our post installation follow up service is important to us - Should any fault occur with your system we have a team of in-house technicians that be will available to service your system in a reasonable time frame

Reviewers report paying: $1,850 - $7,990 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Primero Electric and Solar Reviews (76)

Smooth process

Paul was very helpful with the initial design and willing to try plenty of different options. Install was quick and uncomplicated.

Quick to install, but with inverter set up difficulties.

Sales process was great, highly responsive and answered all applicable questions.

Installation went mostly smoothly, however with the dying light of day, was unable to test the installation. Installer came back another day and tested the system, however must have left one of the rooftop switches in the off position as we found out after the inspector turned the system on.

Also noting the inspector had a wait time of 2 months before showing up to commission the installation, which was a real letdown.

Customer service was on point to assist with resolving the abovementioned issues. Would be a good lessons learnt for one of the apprentices who was out during the install to check and double check before leaving next time :)

It took 3 separate days for installation. I found the tradespeople very amicable. Back of house was poor. Co-ordination of installation was poor. I purchased a very expensive system based on a belief in some ways you get what you pay for and believed the customer service if something goes wrong would be there to help alleviate any issues. This certainly wasn't the case with installation. (In fairness to the 3 days installation, I believe I was the 1st customer of theirs to have purchased the very new Maxeon 5 410w panels). This does not excuse poor back of house co-ordination. I had also asked for a quote on more than 16 panels but the price came back more expensive per panel panel price of initial quote. ($10500/16 panels = $656/ panel). Additional panels were going to cost more than this. Upon querying was advised that they would have to send a team out for a second day which would add to the cost. As it turned out, it took them 3 days to install the 16 panels. No one contacted me to ask if I would like to add additional panels at a reduced rate. I believe that was a lost opportunity.

More than satisfied customer!

From the word ‘go’ Primero Electric and Solar were professional all the way, they walked me through the Government rebate system as well as what type of system I could put on my roof with the budget I had while not requiring the expensive ‘top of the line’ equipment (read quality but not at the expense of my wallet!).

Installation (5.57kwp system – 15 panels with each having their own micro-inverter) was slightly delayed due to ‘weather’ concerns but once they started the job it was over and done within two days with all the installers being not only polite but knowledgeable on what they were doing and left after cleaning up after themselves (a rare thing these days with trades people!).

Turning on the system was delayed by the Government mandated inspector not being available until after the Christmas period (installation took place in early December) but once it was certified I began to notice a marked decrease in my power bills – even over the winter period which, along with the assistance dealing with my energy provider meant that I can now sit back and reap some of the benefits from not having to pay exorbitant power bills
I am now exploring ‘batteries’ to go with the solar panels to further decrease independence from the grid!

Well Done Primero!

Reliable installer

I was able to communicate with Ash and other company personnel when required. Appointments were honored when the work began. No problems with connecting to the grid. Assistance was given with the application process for relevant government subsidies. Generally a good company to deal with. Payment consisted of a deposit when the contract was signed and the final payment was made after project was complete. I mention this as some companies wanted full payment prior to commencing work.

Excellent Installation

Sales quoting process was smooth and efficiently handled. The installation was on the set day and completed well on time quite satisfactorily. No mess left behind, The customer service was very good, polite and knowledgeable about the product with excellent advise given. The grid connection was also organised and was done within the period I was given.
Furthermore, I was given a very good discount on the installation of the job as well.

Primero came highly recommended by a friend & didn't disappoint

The quote was offered quickly after a decent discussion as to my needs & was clearly laid out for my consideration.

Even with the various restraints caused by lockdowns, the team arrived when they said they would, worked efficiently, were very courteous, tidying up as they went.

The job was all done on the day & it was not long after that the safety inspection was done with the system getting a thumbs up.
Customer service was on point with no hesitation in answering questions in both the lead up & during the job.

Very satisfied customer, Fantastic company to deal with and amazing final product

From the first contact, they helped me understand what was needed, arranged the quote, and also helped me navigate through the Victorian Government rebate process.

Salespeople and the installers were very helpful and polite, Installation was completed on schedule and with no inconvenience to us

The Inspection and grid connection was arranged immediately after final payment and the connection was completed 3 days later.

Could not ask for better service, very happy customer.

Took all the confusion out of solar

I was really overwhelmed with the task of choosing a solar company. Once I began dealing with Primero all my questions were answered and they cared that I had a solid understanding so I could make a good decision based on my needs. It was so easy to lock in the deal, organise rebates and book the installation. It was so efficient. Installation was a dream. They were on time, really lovely to deal with and there was not a scrap of rubbish left behind. They organised the inspector to come out and got the grid connection sorted. I am so thankful you made it so easy for our family home to have solar and do our bit for our planet.

Great from sales, install and following up. Couldn't fault them.

I imagine that I am a bit of a difficult customer, I had lots of questions, live in a heritage overlay and had lots of redesigns of the layout based on council feedback.

Throughout the process, Primero were excellent to deal with. Special thanks go to Jesse who worked tirelessly to work within the council regulations whilst still getting the best system for my multi-orientation roof layout; Mayur who helped schedule, then reschedule around lockdowns and torrential downpours; and Nathan who spent the best part of a day getting my fusebox in shape and worked with his install team to squeeze every last panel into a very narrow North-facing roof. They were always on time (both with phonically, follow-ups and the install day), were happy to explore different suppliers and to give advice, and were familiar with Solar Analytics (sourcing and installing the module). Their pricing was also competitive - not bargain basement, but for this level of service I think I got a very good deal.

Smooth Installation Journey

Installation was done professionally. Staffs are polite, tidy and punctual.

A pleasure to deal with.

A pat on the back for me. I picked the best company to deal with. Customer service was professional and most helpful.
Installation fitters were courteous careful and tidy. Well organised throughout. I would recommend Primo Electric and Solar to anyone.
Regards Dave.

Very professional .

Customer service was great. Installing guys good but the initial ones were a but untidy with leaving screws etc in driveway but the 2 Nd lot of installers were great ,

Solar Quotes is a Wealth of Knowledge

All my questions were answered and I received a very competitive price for the system I wanted. Just waiting for the install.

Excellent installer

I obtained 3 quotes using Solar Quotes and opted to go with Primero. The sales representative spent a lot of time with me in online meetings looking at my requirements, my energy usage, my energy bills and used a simulator to track the sun across my roof. From there they recommended the number of panels and we discussed what kind, their location, and the type of inverter. The company then sent out a electrician to look at the configuration of my array, suggested alterations based on tree coverage and then we booked in a time for the installation, which was a month or 2 down the track. The installation was done in a day by experienced installers who were in-house (not sub contractors). The were friendly, efficient and explained the work before and after. A few weeks later the system was turned on once it had been given the tick of approval. Primero Solar did all the paper work and sorted out all the subsidies and connections with my energy provider, I didn't have to do any of this. Got my first full winter electricity bill recently and there was a 37% decrease in my winter energy usage with a 6.32 kwp system. My gas bill is now more expensive then my electricity bill! Looking to get a battery later on, and Primero assisted in ensuring my system was designed to accommodate this in its future connection and location. Would recommend this company to anyone. They will walk you through it all and make sure you understand what you are purchasing.

Primero did a very professional job at a great price.

Primero did a very professional job at a great price.

Primero Positive Experience

The team did a great job with the installation and we could not be more pleased with having chosen Primero.

The experience was very professional from the moment we first made contact with them with the sales team spending the time to provide valuable information and answering all of our questions. This was very important when it came to making the choice of who we were going to go with.

We would highly recommend them to anyone looking at installing solar

Exceptional from beginning to end

The customer service team who quoted and answered all questions were truly excellent. The communication around when they would be here for installation was clear and they delivered as promised.
Inspection and grid connection went through without a hitch and system is performing in line with their model as far as power generation goes.

Good experience

Good experience overall. Informative quotes and sales representative was helpful and quick to respond to all additional questions. Neat installation. Waiting for final inspection to get connection. Only slightly disappointed that ~10cm of the mounting system are visible from the street, rather than being fully hidden under the panels which would be more aesthetic.

Simple process and excellent installation

Very informative all through the process
Installed on schedule and with no inconvenience
Inspection and grid connection organised
Couldn’t ask for better service

Hassle-free and Professional Service

Most professional quote provided compared to other solar companies. I did not need to chase the quote or company contacts throughout the process. Team kept me informed and supported from start to finish. Trades were punctual, polite and always very helpful. I have already recommended this company to my colleagues and friends who wish to upgrade or install a new solar system. We are very happy with the system performance already saving us half our winter electricity bill.

Friendly sales, professional installers, good customer service

Salesperson was very friendly and patient. He was helpful with my enquires. As I wasn’t sure what I needed/wanted, he was willing to spend the time to revise the quote multiple times to satisfy my indecisiveness.
The installers were great. Punctual and friendly. They did their work quietly and efficiently. No mucking around. Job was well done, as far as I could see.

The customer service was smooth and hassle-free. They took care of everything that was expected from their side. They don’t leave me wondering “what’s next” or “are they suppose to do this or am o suppose to do it” situation. They guide me along and help to make the process really smooth.

I waited/delayed my solar installation for years (wanted to do it since 7-8 years ago) due to all the negative reviews and news around solar installations. But my time with Primero was surprisingly smooth and none of the negative issues that I read about showed up.

Professional service & installation

Sales/quoting process was easy and informative. Sales rep advised he could come out to our property to meet us personally and discuss options. No other company offered to do that during the quoting process. That was a big tick for us and enabled us to get answers to questions that were difficult to discuss over the phone.

The installation was professional. It wasn't an easy install given double story property and some access issues. Our panel design changed on the day which we were advised could happen given roof space and shadow issues. The new panel layout design was communicated immediately. The team cleaned up the site after install and organised electrical inspector the following day. Getting inspector booked so quickly was not expected. The system was signed off by inspector and turned on day after installation.

Even the inspector complimented the quality of the installation.

From start to finish Primero were fantastic. They explained my options and walked me through the entire process of installing and connecting a solar array. When I raised concerns about the proposed layout, they listened and altered it without any issues. Their prices were the best for similar quality setups from other suppliers.

The installation was prompt, professional and tidy, even the inspector commented that it was one of the tidiest installations he had seen. A big relief for us as we had heard horror stories from friends who used a different installer.

We recommended them to a colleague who also went ahead with using Primero for their installation. They could not be happier with the result.

6 stars for customer service!

Excellent and easy process with Primero from the start when sourcing the quote, right through to the end and showing us how it all works. Would be happy recommending them to anyone.

Disappointed

Primero was constantly in touch with us and answered any questions we had. We were then happy to go ahead with the installation. We paid the deposit and havent heard from them since.

Have rung and left messages but nobody has got back to us.

If this is a taste of their customer service I am glad we only lost the deposit and not the whole amount quoted

Very dissappointed

Fantastic experience from start to finish

From Paul the sales rep returning my call on my enquiry to installation to having my system having final inspection. The process was very easy. Would recommend Primero solar hands down. Started doing a lot of research and just confused myself but Paul put me back on track and simplified everything. Excellent service .5 star.

Good company with excellent customer service

I an happy with the service I received from Primero Solar on the whole; I do want to emphasize that the customer service I received from Georgina, Leigh and especially from Mayur was excellent.

His assistance and patience made the experience good and therefore I have recommended Primero solar to family and friends. Please pass on my thanks and appreciation to him.

Very happy with Primero installation and services

I am very happy with Primero customer services and installation. The initial quotation was quick and the lovely consultant was patient and informative. The advices was spot-on for pros and cons of different type inverters and panels, as well as my current tree shading situation. She gave me several options and the prices were very compatitive.

The installation team was cool and professional, very punctuative with messages in advance. They did a very good and neat job, that's the comment from the solar inspector. They suggested me get a awning canopy for the inverter and installed it for free. They informed me all the steps during installation and tidy up the place after. Little details like informed about the tiles that broken and replaced, and that makes a newbie like me feel confident.

After sales services was friendly and straight forward. I extended my inverter warranty with them and it was good. They informed all the steps for inspector and grid connection.

Out of several installers, i choose Primero not based on the price. It is a combination of good advices, attention to details and good customer services, and that makes them go a long way.

What else can i say when it ticked all the boxes. Thank you Primero teams for the best solar installation experience. I am more than happy to recommend Primero to anyone looking to install new solar system.

Can't rate these guys highly enough!!

A lovely company to deal with, excellent customer service, every team member was amazing, from quote to installation all went very smoothly.

Great experience

The Sales rep and install team worked with us on a complicated roof profile to get the best Solar package. Very impressed with their willingness to work with us to come up with the best solution. The install team were professional and took the time to do a quality job, including followup to make sure it was all working. Very Happy and recommend the guys.

Fantastic Primero Experience

Brilliant installation team, extremely professional, and left the place spotless. Thanks to the team and project manager Anthony. Went over and above to help with some roofing issues I had. Great value for the system I bought. Now waiting for grid connection! Very happy to date.

A sales person that actually cared and wanted my business.

I’ve gotten a lot of solar quotes and tried to work with a few installers that just wasted my time and could never actually get out to do the job. This time around I got a couple of quotes and once again there was one that didn’t get back to me for weeks. The other two got back to me fast with one having a great deal but the other primero had a sales person willing to do the work to get and keep my business she always got straight back to me and kept in touch plus she worked with me to get a good price.

Great solar installation experience

Primers were amazing form the original quote through to helping with filling in the forms to a great installation team.

I had many concerns when working out a good system and I had all my questions answered. There are lots of forms and just one simple e mail explained all the steps needed to obtain the government rebates . But most of all, the install team were just great so polite and kept me up to date every step of the process

Quick, affordable and easy design and installation

Sales and quoting process was relatively easy. Hamish was great at responding to my many questions and coming up with a suitable design. Installation was delivered quickly and efficiently and they organised connection to the grid quickly. They really made it all very seamless. Only issue was that Primero wouldn’t do a site inspection as part of the quoting process, only after we had accepted their quote, which isn’t ideal.

Excellent installer - Anthony James Page & Team

Georgina wad very good and the process easy
Installation was professional and very tidy - great job
Customer service always there to help

Could not have done better

From the first contact with Georgina who organised my quote to the installation of the solar system by Martin and his team, the process was seamless. I could not ask for better service. I thoroughly recommend Primero Electric &Solar to anyone who is seeking a Solar system. They organised everything in a timely manner and arranged the connection to the grid.

The quoting was excellent and easy.
The installation went well and the installers were punctual, tidy and very helpful.
The inspector was organised and came two weeks after insallation.

Very pleased with the whole process

Installed on on time, Great friendly installation team. The inspector commented on how well the installation was done.

Fantastic customer service, incredible install team

Customer service was second to none. Worked though a number of quotes and system designes to find the one right for us. Followed up after install to ensure we get connected to the grid and answered any questions along the way.

The install team were incredibly professional, a large team of around 6. They did everything safely putting up the needed barriers for our double story install. Got the large system installed efficently and finished in the early afternoon.

Wiring was done extremely well with all cabling behind the bricks. No cables or conduit visible at all and inverter very neatly installed.

Overall could not be happier!

Perfect system, dont know if it's working

Primero inside sales (Jesse) was very easy to talk to, very friendly, knows what he is talking about.
Process itself was easy and quick.
Installation team (Nathan) was very professional and thorough.
They had some issues with the activation of the smart meter, but everything was quickly resolved.

Smooth and professional.

Excellent customer service and professionally installed. Successfully passed the independent certification test which was very pleasing.

Worth while customer platform

I used Solar quotes because I had no idea were to start. Now I am informed about the choices and the infirmed about what options we ad add in the future.

Primero solar

Very professional company to deal with, answer all your questions.

Fantastic service from start finish

Sales and quoting process was great. I didn't feel pushed and they answered my question promptly.
No issues with the installation, arrived on time, were polite and no mess left behind.
Customer service was fantastic from start to finish.
Yes they helped organised the grid connection

Friendly professional installation

The installers did a great job, were polite and friendly and they even removed some old satellite dishes from the roof for no extra charge.

They also assisted with my application for a rebate and handled the connection side of things for me.

The only issue I have is that their sales rep told me I could export to the grid, but it turned out that this advice was wrong and I that I was export limited. They have promised to apply to the power company on my behalf to be allowed to export power when more quotas are available in June, so we'll see how that goes.

Fantastic Service.

Fantastic service, from sales to installation and follow up. Highly recommended.

Very nice, clean installation.

Sales was very informative and easy to deal with. Installation was great - very clean and neat after completion.

Hands on, compassionate sales person. Clean, hassle free installation.

The sales experience was particularly good. I had a previous experience attempting to get solar that ended very poorly. When I told my sales consultant this he took extra care throughout the entire process to ensure I felt confident and comfortable. He worked with me to find the system that felt the most right for our house, and at no point did I feel like I was being pressured to spend more.

After we had agreed on a system, they organised a site inspection to confirm the installation could go ahead, and we determined at that point that we would need to make changed to ensure it could fit on my roof. This process was fairly painless as well, and after that installation went ahead as scheduled.

The day of installation went very well. Primero use their own in-house installation team, who arrived on time and set to work without a fuss. They were polite throughout the day, and I was able to do my work inside without much disruption. There was a minor damage to a roof tile while they were working, but they were upfront and transparent about this, and discussed with me how it could be addressed.

After the inspection occurred, we had some back and forth configuring the consumption monitoring, but that has just now been resolved. The last thing we're waiting on is the grid connection, but that is in flight and I expect it will be done very soon.

Overall, I have had a really good experience with Primero, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

You little bewdy

Primero provided a seamless and friendly process from initial sales with Paul through to the installation crew. As an ex-retail manager l have high expectations of amiable person to person contact, communication, work quality and back up, it's pleasing to report all the previous were easily met.

Local interested tradesmen have checked out the installed panels and inverter and have been more than impressed.
Primero have certainly lived up to initial word of mouth reports.

Pete.