SEM Group Reviews

About SEM Group, Solar Installers

SEM Group
Platinum Partner
SEM Group is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
  • 1300 033 510

• 64 Raphael Road, Winnellie NT 0820, Unit 2/6 Overend Street, East Brisbane QLD 4169, 76 Hughes St Mile End SA 5031 & Level 9/440 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000

ABN: 91 606 113 875  ABN active since 28 May 2015 | Solar Energy Management Group Australia Pty Ltd
ACN: 606 113 875  ACN active since 28 May 2015 | Solar Energy Management Group Australia Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NT: C 3377 Sem.darwin

QLD: 82204 Solar Energy Management Group Australia Pty Ltd

SA: PGE 278438 Solar Energy Management Group Australia Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,600 - $11,750 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

SEM utilise industry leading products & technology to ensure the performance and longevity of your solar system.

Offering great value for money, our experts will be able to advise you on the best system for you.

We also offer great finance options where your repayments are similar to what you make from your solar system.

Our experience and diverse range of products coupled with outstanding customer service and support allows you to sit back, relax and enjoy the comfortable process of your new solar installation.

Darwin Contact Details:

Melbourne Contact Details:
A: Level 9/440 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000

SEM Group Solar Reviews

SEM Group recommended

Sales and quoting process was very efficient, installation went as scheduled with no hitches at all. All done in one day. All staff members from sales, to admin to installers were professional and helpful from start to finish. Show additional information

Good Service & Price

Quoting: All questions answered by SEM.Group narrowing down choices. It helps to do your research before getting quotes. Thanks Finn Peacock!

Installation: Punctual, tidy and polite.
Customer Service: Overall great.
We went with 20 REC Panels & Sungrow inverter + monitoring system.

SEM - Good service and quality, competitive pricing

I chose SEM over other providers as they had competitive pricing, were better established and did not rely on subcontractors for installation (in-house teams of installers).
SEM has been really helpful throughout all the process, from sales to installation to organising post installation aspects (EWR with electricity provider...).
Everything ran smoothly, and the quality of installation is very good. Definitely recommend.

Amazing installer. Great service and value

amazing experience
They were really easy to work with and very supportive in finding the best solar package for our house needs

SEM Installers

Quoting process was great, they also put me onto a broker who specialize in solar finance.
Install happened quick and painless
Person doing the install was very informative and helpful with explaining the system and how it works.

Happy customer

Great people to deal with, absolute professionals, made everything easy to understand. Show additional information

All so very good, despite a couple of hiccups

SEM is one of 3 companies who quoted for us. We thought we might be comparing apples with apples, but we weren’t, as each proposed system used differing technology. That made the decision hard, and demanded research into an area I have zero knowledge of.

SEM made the decision easier because of the excellent approach of Damian Zwiersen, the Salesman, who put in 10 x the effort of the other two quoters. Now I know a good sales pitch doesn’t guarantee a good job, but the Solar Quotes recommendation gave us some confidence.
Having plumped for SEM, (with a Solar Edge inverter and Longitude panels) the paperwork went through like clockwork, for which many thanks, Mick Warner.

The installation was a little more problematic, given our 2-storey house is high on a notoriously windy coast. What was to be a one-day job became a three-day effort - but that wasn’t a problem for us as we still finished before the new meter was put in. At all times, the installers were very polite, very tidy and very punctual.

The after-sales has been terrific, with Edward the Second installer taking me through the system, and keeping in touch several times afterwards to make sure all is well. We had an issue with the Zigby hot-water system interface, and that necessitated a visit from Ben Fruchot, one of the Adelaide owners and the technical expert, and I think that’s fixed now. But I have no doubt that if I have any issues they will deal with them promptly and cheerfully.

You read about a lot of shonks in this industry, so I am grateful to have had Solar Quotes pointing us in the right direction.

Full Packet Experience

I chose SEM group as they initially had the best price for the same system from 3 quotes. From there on I had nothing but a great experience starting with Peter the sales rep right through to installation and the subsequent follow up service. I was kept up to date at each stage and the installation team were excellent. SEM also organised the grid connection so all i had to do was organise the date. I have rated them 5 stars in all categories which is a true reflection of my experience. Two of my family members have subsequently also had systems installed by SEM. Show additional information

Fantastic experience

Had my installation done 3 days ago, there were showers on and off all day but the installers stayed untill 8 o'clock to make sure everything was running as it should and that I understood what I needed to. I can't say too many nice things about the group of lads that did my installation, they were polite, friendly, and professional. Thanks again Jason, Ben, and Andrew. Show additional information

Fantastic Service

We couldn’t fault SEM, from the quote and the personal service to go through the quote to the phone calls as to when the system would be installed perfect, as for the installers, we couldn’t have asked for more easy to get on with guys, they came in, installed the panels, unfortunately there was a problem with our inverter, however, we have been kept in the loop, and have been informed that a new inverter will be installed within a couple of days. We are very happy with the whole service that SEM has provided. Thanks guys, well done Show additional information

Very helpful service

Happy with everything so far, great service and quick install Show additional information

Very happy

The SEM rep was friendly and informative. I appreciated the 3 proposals provided by SEM. It allowed us to choose the one that suited our budget. The electrician was punctual and thorough. Installation was straight-forward. The electrician explained how the inverter and app work. SEM have been helpful after installation, ie. reminding me to call power company and insurance company, etc. Show additional information

Down to business.

The quoting process was positive, however there still exists within the market a significant variation of price for the same product and specification.
Having had a number of installs over time and having read the writings of Finn and others on the topic, I has able to cut 'straight to the chase' with respect to expected price and specifications.
Thank you for the service, it really is an excellent platform that Finn has developed to support the responsible and effective installation of PV across the nation.

I am very happy with the Solar Edge system from SEM group good quality components helpful and friendly staff. Using Solar quotes made the whole thing quite painless

The quoting process was was easy and straightforward. Lots of detail and easy to understand.
The installation was on time the lads were polite friendly and very tidy

Great customer service

Sales were great to deal with and I remained informed throughout, despite being interstate during the whole process. Show additional information

Excellent service from start to finish!

I contacted the team at SEM Group QLD to quote the installation of a solar system for our newly constructed house. I was able to arrange an on-site consultation within a few days of the call and met with Brett. He took the time to completely understand our needs and suggested a system that would provide optimal output for our shaded position. After our initial consultation he also sent out a technician to measure the potential year round sun exposure which then informed a range of output and panel placement options. Brett was very patient with my multitude of questions and system configuration variations before I finally settled on the system that was ideal for our needs. The installation was seamless, very professional and only took half a day! Their aftersales service has also been exceptional, promptly responding to my questions and immediately rectifying a minor issue with my consumption monitoring. Ultimately I am very happy with the final result, with daily outputs well exceeding original estimates. Show additional information

Satisfied customer

SEM delivered a quality system at the best price to our home.
From the beginning of the process I was well informed without feeling harassed.
I am satisfied with the installation and happy with the price and quality of the system.
As SEM also are a local company, I have no hesitation, in recommending them in the future.

Excellent experience

Having just moved to Darwin from Tasmania where we had Solar, we requested 3 Solar quotes and local knowledge information.
Dane from SEM Group Darwin, was punctual, polite, extremely efficient and very pleasant...and assisted us with the fabulous NT grants...and all the necessary paperwork.
From the initial quote, responses back re success of grants, Danes rapid response to queries, SEM Group emails as to what was required of us and what to expect, through to installation was a breeze.
The installation team were very pleasant, professional, efficient and clean. Poor fellows had an extra long day as the Battery was not expected to arrive on the same day...it did thanks to Matthew..and total job done!
We had not realised the possible lag time of connection due to requiring Power and Water to check the meter..and their limited resource workers..but Matthew performed some magic and we were up and running a few days later.
Matthew went through the entire system with us and even assisted us to download our mobile app for Tesla.

Overall excellent experience with Dane, Josh and Matthew, Woody and all the team from the SEM Group Darwin.
Highly recommend them!!

Professional Service & Installation

The whole process went without a hitch, SEM installation team are very professional and did an excellent job. The installation is neat and tidy, especially the solar panel roof layout which complements the house.

SEM sales consultant was the only one to mention that we needed to have more solar panel power than inverter power. Solar Quotes has a calculator on their site that calculates a system’s performance. Basically, even on a sunny day a solar system can have up to 20% of power losses if you consider a panel’s efficiency, cable loss and inverter efficiency. Therefore, you need to install extra capacity (solar panels) than your inverter size if you want to get the most of your system. For example, we have an 8kw inverter with 10kw of solar panels which will compensate for these losses.

Excellent service and a fair price

Overall I had a very positive experience with SEM. The price was not the cheapest but was a fair price. Their sales rep was not pushy or rushed and did not try the "hard sale" techniques that other companies did use. They answered all my questions and listened to my needs. They also went to extra lengths to upgrade my distribution board for the new system because the old distribution board was quite old and I wanted Solar Analytics. The installation was on the date agreed and all completed in one day as expected. I checked the installation and it was done neatly and the workers left only a small bit of rubbish. The customer service was fine and they were responsive whenever I called with a query. Show additional information

Extremely Professional

After doing our research and due diligence we decided on SEM Solar for our particular system. Joss was our solar consultant and he was no pressure, extremely knowledgeable and helpful in listening to our needs and then suggesting the most suitable system for our requirements. The installation went very smoothly and the guys were very pleasant and accommodating. Jack in the office so helpful and efficient, and we had a slight issue with the electrical work done which was attended to and sorted the same day of calling.

Very happy with the quality of work and system which was important to us and the project pricing. We would certainly recommend SEM Solar & Electrical to anyone wanting a quality system and installation at a realistic price.

Very professional.

Quick quotation after a site inspection. Able to discuss every detail in a pleasant way. Staff polite and installation quick and efficient. Show additional information

Professional, Prompt, Friendly and Economical

From our first enquiry, right up to the after-sales call (yes, I got one), the process was seamless.

With the utmost professionalism, they asked the relevant questions and pinpointed our needs immediately.
Working for a major development, I don't have a lot of time to spare, so it was great to find a company who have viable solutions from the get-go at affordable pricing.

I definitely recommend SEM Group hands down!

Simple, suitable and professional done

From the first site visit (the only solar company that did visit from the quotes i requested) to the install and paperwork it was just so easy to deal with SEM Darwin and Dane, There wasn't the typical sales pitch that i had received from other quotes it was just factual statements from the type of solar panels, optimiser's and invertors to the angle pitch and how much it would generate. The install was done in minimal time with no mess or fuss and from the moment of install it started generating power. Overall extremely happy with the system installed along-with the customer experience from Dane and SEM Darwin would highly recommend their services to anyone looking at getting solar installed as their friendly and helpful nature backed by their sound knowledge of their systems you would be crazy to go anywhere else. Show additional information

Great quality and easy to work with.

Great job by SEM. I had the install done while I was at work and when I got home to inspect everything I was impressed. They went to the extra effort of putting silicon down before installing the mounting feet and used quality gear clipsal breakers etc. After a few days the system is getting around 36kWh/day with an East and West aspect. Show additional information

More than happy with our SEM Group Solar installation

In October 2019, we decided to upgrade from a 3.0KW system in an effort to further reduce our power bills. We spoke to a couple of suppliers but after a recommendation for SEM Group from a work colleague, we engaged Aaron to prepare a proposal for a 10KW system including the removal of our 4 year old system.
The proposal looked good with the prospect of covering its cost from the reduction in our power bills. The installation was completed by the end of October 2019. The installation crew were on time and finished by the end of the day with the old system dismantled and stacked and the new system up and running.
I had several questions over the following weeks and the after-sales service from Aaron and Jack was exceptional. Jack came back on one occasion to make some adjustments to the configuration.
Now 10 months on, we have saved over $2200 and we are super happy with the ROI.
I have referred SEM to a work colleague and family member, both of who have installed SEM systems.
We are more than happy with our system and to recommend to consider SEM Group to any prospective buyers.

Clear communication and prompt service

Damian at SEM provided clarifications and details for all questions we had. Installation was quick. Show additional information

After sales needs improvement

Although was happy with sales person in beginning and he said he'd come back a couple weeks after installation to see how things were going he never did. Not even a follow up fone call to see if happy or if satisfied. Left a message and never returned my call. After sales customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Installers were terrific and highly praised their workmanship.

Hi David,
Thank you for your review, we take our customer service very seriously and appreciate any feedback good or bad. As we discussed over the phone after the install was completed we generally like to catch up with customers on site 1-2 months after install so that we can check over your system, answer any questions you may have and look at your first power bill since the solar was installed to ensure that the retailers are complying with what their responsibilities are in relation to your solar.
I will endeavour to catch up with you in the coming weeks as I would like to inspect all of the extra electrical work that we did for you as well as the solar system and hopefully have a look at your power bill to ensure that everything is ok.
Thank you for your business, Regards Damian Zwiersen - SEM Group

Cannot comment as system not yet on

Jack and the team went out if their way to help us with advice and install. Show additional information

Happy with the excellent outcome.

The sales representative was knowledgeable and pulled no punches in his forthrite presentation. The installation was as planned, on time and tidy, despite the fact that extremely strong winds forced the panel installation to be abandoned until the following day.
Customer service was excellent and staff kept us informed of procedures.

Hi Graeme, thank you to replying to my email regarding your comments on this platform. As discussed we take our reviews extremely seriously and will do all it takes to get to the bottom of any issues. We are human after all and we do make some mistakes. In this case, penalising us due to prices dropping over time is not something that we can control. Also not sure what products you are comparing your system to (which was installed 10 months ago). The other issue you had was with your online monitoring which was set up 9 months (after your meter was changed). You were sent, set up instructions after installation.

I will be going out on 27th Aug (tomorrow) to set this up for you on your computer as you were having problems setting it up (resetting your original password) when I called you after you initially wrote this review.

Thank you once again for emails and look forward to getting this finalised for you.

Brett Adams - Director SEM Group

SEM Group are a very professional company.

I had several quotes from different solar companies supplied to me by SolarQuotes and L.G. so I was satisfied that I was basically comparing similar offerings from reliable companies. I had experience at a previous house with a fly-by-night mob that had done an awful install which broke down within a year with no recourse, so I wasn't being burnt again.

Two quotes were for the SolarEdge panels and inverters and my research led me to accept this was leading edge gear, both of these quotes were within the price range indicated by the SolarQuotes calculator, both came out to inspect the site but SEM group went that bit further by also sending out an installer to run a Suneye instrument over my roof to determine the best panel locations with regards to sun positions through the year, tree shade issues etc.

An added bonus was that installation could be done within a week, so having made up my mind on what I wanted, and how much I wanted to pay, I had SEM out today to remove my old 1.2kW system and install a 6.6kW 18 panel system.

The 3 installers worked as a well organised team, removing the old system (and taking it away) and liaising with me regarding some minor adjustments to the panel positions which made the installation look better, running all the cables through conduits in the roof cavity, grinding the tiles to enable the rafter brackets to sit flat, and having the cables exit the wall behind the inverter, so the there is no unsightly conduit visible anywhere.

After 5 hours, they cleaned up the site, took all the packaging away and checked that the inverter was talking to each of the panels (a feature of SolarEdge that I will appreciate to keep an eye on how the system is performing).

The installers logged the barcode and position of each panel in the string which is split between East, North and West facing roof sections and once that info has been input by their head office I can then log into my system and begin to see exactly how my new power station is performing via my smart phone. (Like most modern inverters there is no display, everything relies on it passing the info into the cloud to be displayed on my phone).

I just wish all home improvement companies could be as professional as SEM.

Great products at a competitive price.

SEM came around the afternoon I called. They provided a quote the next day. They offered premium products at a price that was cheaper than the competition. They delivered the installation when they said and were on time and very professional. Show additional information

Great Experience all round

I got many Quotes for my Solar Power System, I found S.E.M to be the easiest to deal with from the quote to final installation.
The system was installed in 4-5 hours and the installation team were very efficent and cleaned up after them.
The electrician explained every step in the installation process and the sequence to shut down the system if required.
They helped explained how to do the grid connection,which was quite easy as I already had the digital meter fitted.
They rang me many times to enquire how the system was going and they monitored my usage and feed in to the grid.
I would recommend this company for their no hassle and straight forward approach.

Excellent service

Great service. Good system. Fast installation from when we signed. Would recommend them to everyone Show additional information

SEM Group - i would recommend them every time.

Fantastic relationship with Head of Sales and great team from design of the system through to the install (completed safely during one morning of severe downpour!)
Definitely recommend them for service, quality and professionalism!
A+

SEM - a good company to deal with.

Have researched products and installers for a number of years. The team from SEM explained the process and delivered on the agreed contract. I believe they offered excellent value for money (you pay for what you get). The system is up and working well, connected to the grid and producing good results even in the winter months. I am looking forward to the energy output over summer. I had a Fronius smart meter installed, it gives a good insight into your energy use and how to modify your usage behaviour to maximise ROI.
I have already referred clients to SEM, they have an excellent team and seem to be a very genuine company in an industry that has questionable operators.

Pretty Good Overall

Overall I'm happy with the system installed. A couple of minor negatives were: a) installer ended up doing a slightly different east / west split than we talked about in the morning after he inspected the roof - think he confused himself a bit; b) panels were installed too close to the gutter on one string - I gave the leading hand a call not long after he'd left and he came back and fixed up with me. They promptly contacted AGL to organise the grid connection.

Good afternoon Andrew. Thank you for taking time to write a review on how we performed on your project. As we have an exceptional name on this platform, when we get a review like this we will conduct a full investigation onto what happened and more importantly learn from this experience so that it doesn't happen again.

My sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Brett Adams - Director SEM Group

Excellent response time to enquiry

Damian Zwiersen was one of only two people who responded to my request. He rang me immediately, quoted the job and then paid a visit to my house to personally measure up the site and go through my various options.
I cant fault his professionalism.

Good experience from start to finish.

Quoting very informative with quick follow up afterwards when I ensiled queries.
Installers Came promptly, worked quickly and neatly and were extra helpful.

Exceptional service & great system

Quoting process was very easy. SEM took the time to explain the benefits and rationale behind the system they use. All systems were a similar price, but after discussions with SEM and other research I was confident I was getting the best system in that price range. Sales staff and installers were really friendly and helpful and did a really neat and tidy installation. Show additional information

Easy process and capable team

Sales person was very knowledgeable and came to the house to walk me through the proposed installation and online monitoring system. He explained the difference between the different inverter systems and why a certain type is more suited for our house, something I wasn’t really aware of until then. Installation was completed within a week of signing the contract by a good crew who were efficient, friendly and worked safely. Haven’t had any issues so far and am really happy with the outcome. Show additional information

Easy as

Salespeople were keen to make a sale but not pushy and allowed us time to do our homework.installation was done on time and installers were polite and helpful would highly recommend them to anyone wanting a good system done right. Show additional information

SEM install

Great communication, and workmanship. No issues at all from quote to install Show additional information

Quality service, quality system

I contacted SEM Group via the reference on the LG solar panel web page. Brett came out promptly to inspect my place, provide information and a quote. The price was comparable to premium systems from other installers.
I did a bit of research and had follow up questions which Brett was happy to answer.
Installation was prompt and professional. SEM kept me informed about each step and they organised the changeover with Energex. It is early days, but am very happy with the system.

Great Experience

excellent service, and willing to answer all questions.
Great pre and after sales service

Very disappointed

Had an awful experience with this company. Sales person was unprofessional and disrespectful. Raised this with management and they were just as bad.
Have been left with an inverter running at high voltage and no help
Installation contractors were friendly and professional

Good morning Amy, I am terribly sorry that you have had such a poor experience with us. As Darwins number 1 ranked solar provider on this platform, we take such feedback extremely seriously and will do everything in our power to improve the service that you have received to date. There will be a full investigation into this situation and rest assured I will be doing everything in my power to rectify this for you.

Once again my sincerest apologies.

Great Provider

Informative, knowledgeable sales person...actually interested in what we wanted and worked with us to achieve it.
Installation was set back by a couple of days but were informed and kept in loop. Arrived at new installation date/time.
Good follow up support

Fantastic from start to finish

Highly recommend the team at SEM Group in Queensland. I had a rep at my home for quoting the day after my initial enquiry; Brett took the time to explain the finer detail and provide insight into what was going to be most suitable and practical for our needs. At no time did we feel pressured or that we were being 'up sold' to product that was unnecessary. Once we signed the contract, installation took place quickly. The team were professional and efficient and explained how to use our system clearly. Follow up for dealing with the energy provider and retailer was seamless. Show additional information

Great service, value and end product

Professional and helpful from the beginning in understanding our needs and providing sound advice ( and good quote) through to Installation and after installation support and follow up.
Thanks

Professional, efficient & friendly

Sales/quoting process: fast & mostly efficient. Quotes similar in price for like-for-like. Point of difference for me was being a local business that employed its own installers & backed them with a longer workmanship warranty than those that subcontracted.
Installation: punctual, very efficient, friendly, communicated well at each point & absolutely no mess afterwards.
Customer service: brilliant! SEM organised everything- I just sat back & watched it all happen.
Overall I can’t fault SEM & would highly recommend them