SEM Group Reviews

About SEM Group, Solar Installers

SEM Group
Platinum Partner
SEM Group is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
  • 1300 033 510

• Unit 7/11 Miles Road, Berrimah NT 0828, Unit 2/6 Overend Street, East Brisbane QLD 4169, 24 Taminga Street, Regency Park SA 5010 & Level 9/440 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000

ABN: 91 606 113 875  ABN active since 28 May 2015 | Solar Energy Management Group Australia Pty Ltd
ACN: 606 113 875  ACN active since 28 May 2015 | Solar Energy Management Group Australia Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NT: C 3377 Sem.darwin

QLD: 82204 Solar Energy Management Group Australia Pty Ltd

SA: PGE 278438 Solar Energy Management Group Australia Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,950 - $11,750 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

SEM utilise industry leading products & technology to ensure the performance and longevity of your solar system.

Offering great value for money, our experts will be able to advise you on the best system for you.

We also offer great finance options where your repayments are similar to what you make from your solar system.

Our experience and diverse range of products coupled with outstanding customer service and support allows you to sit back, relax and enjoy the comfortable process of your new solar installation.

Darwin Contact Details:

Melbourne Contact Details:
P: 1300 033 510
A: Level 9/440 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000

SEM Group Solar Reviews

SEM Group - i would recommend them every time.

Fantastic relationship with Head of Sales and great team from design of the system through to the install (completed safely during one morning of severe downpour!)
Definitely recommend them for service, quality and professionalism!
A+

SEM - a good company to deal with.

Have researched products and installers for a number of years. The team from SEM explained the process and delivered on the agreed contract. I believe they offered excellent value for money (you pay for what you get). The system is up and working well, connected to the grid and producing good results even in the winter months. I am looking forward to the energy output over summer. I had a Fronius smart meter installed, it gives a good insight into your energy use and how to modify your usage behaviour to maximise ROI.
I have already referred clients to SEM, they have an excellent team and seem to be a very genuine company in an industry that has questionable operators.

Pretty Good Overall

Overall I'm happy with the system installed. A couple of minor negatives were: a) installer ended up doing a slightly different east / west split than we talked about in the morning after he inspected the roof - think he confused himself a bit; b) panels were installed too close to the gutter on one string - I gave the leading hand a call not long after he'd left and he came back and fixed up with me. They promptly contacted AGL to organise the grid connection.

Good afternoon Andrew. Thank you for taking time to write a review on how we performed on your project. As we have an exceptional name on this platform, when we get a review like this we will conduct a full investigation onto what happened and more importantly learn from this experience so that it doesn't happen again.

My sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Brett Adams - Director SEM Group

Excellent response time to enquiry

Damian Zwiersen was one of only two people who responded to my request. He rang me immediately, quoted the job and then paid a visit to my house to personally measure up the site and go through my various options.
I cant fault his professionalism.

Good experience from start to finish.

Quoting very informative with quick follow up afterwards when I ensiled queries.
Installers Came promptly, worked quickly and neatly and were extra helpful.

Exceptional service & great system

Quoting process was very easy. SEM took the time to explain the benefits and rationale behind the system they use. All systems were a similar price, but after discussions with SEM and other research I was confident I was getting the best system in that price range. Sales staff and installers were really friendly and helpful and did a really neat and tidy installation. Show additional information

Easy process and capable team

Sales person was very knowledgeable and came to the house to walk me through the proposed installation and online monitoring system. He explained the difference between the different inverter systems and why a certain type is more suited for our house, something I wasn’t really aware of until then. Installation was completed within a week of signing the contract by a good crew who were efficient, friendly and worked safely. Haven’t had any issues so far and am really happy with the outcome. Show additional information

Easy as

Salespeople were keen to make a sale but not pushy and allowed us time to do our homework.installation was done on time and installers were polite and helpful would highly recommend them to anyone wanting a good system done right. Show additional information

SEM install

Great communication, and workmanship. No issues at all from quote to install Show additional information

Quality service, quality system

I contacted SEM Group via the reference on the LG solar panel web page. Brett came out promptly to inspect my place, provide information and a quote. The price was comparable to premium systems from other installers.
I did a bit of research and had follow up questions which Brett was happy to answer.
Installation was prompt and professional. SEM kept me informed about each step and they organised the changeover with Energex. It is early days, but am very happy with the system.

Great Experience

excellent service, and willing to answer all questions.
Great pre and after sales service

Very disappointed

Had an awful experience with this company. Sales person was unprofessional and disrespectful. Raised this with management and they were just as bad.
Have been left with an inverter running at high voltage and no help
Installation contractors were friendly and professional

Good morning Amy, I am terribly sorry that you have had such a poor experience with us. As Darwins number 1 ranked solar provider on this platform, we take such feedback extremely seriously and will do everything in our power to improve the service that you have received to date. There will be a full investigation into this situation and rest assured I will be doing everything in my power to rectify this for you.

Once again my sincerest apologies.

Brett Adams - Director SEM Group

Great Provider

Informative, knowledgeable sales person...actually interested in what we wanted and worked with us to achieve it.
Installation was set back by a couple of days but were informed and kept in loop. Arrived at new installation date/time.
Good follow up support

Fantastic from start to finish

Highly recommend the team at SEM Group in Queensland. I had a rep at my home for quoting the day after my initial enquiry; Brett took the time to explain the finer detail and provide insight into what was going to be most suitable and practical for our needs. At no time did we feel pressured or that we were being 'up sold' to product that was unnecessary. Once we signed the contract, installation took place quickly. The team were professional and efficient and explained how to use our system clearly. Follow up for dealing with the energy provider and retailer was seamless. Show additional information

Great service, value and end product

Professional and helpful from the beginning in understanding our needs and providing sound advice ( and good quote) through to Installation and after installation support and follow up.
Thanks

Professional, efficient & friendly

Sales/quoting process: fast & mostly efficient. Quotes similar in price for like-for-like. Point of difference for me was being a local business that employed its own installers & backed them with a longer workmanship warranty than those that subcontracted.
Installation: punctual, very efficient, friendly, communicated well at each point & absolutely no mess afterwards.
Customer service: brilliant! SEM organised everything- I just sat back & watched it all happen.
Overall I can’t fault SEM & would highly recommend them

Expert advice, top quality system, clean minimal impact installation.

Quoted me the ideal system from the get go. They figured out how to utilize my small awkward roof space better than anyone else. Offered me the most panels, highest production, longest warranty + service than any other and at a better price.

Installation required some adjustments to the original design on the installation day, which they managed so masterfully that it ended up being even more sleek than expected, with less visible cables, less conduit and ideal switchboard location.

Great job

Helpful, on time and great service afterwards. Followed up on the install and made sure the monitoring app was on and working. Checked once when I had the system off to see if there was a problem. Show additional information

good system

Good contact. They carried out a site visit. System was fitted in 2 weeks from signing contract. Very well fitted on our roof, the layout was very aesthetic. Bit of a hiccup with the finance package but they sorted that for us. In the middle of winter, our new system has our power usage about $3-$5/day in credit. Can't wait for summer. Show additional information

Fantastic system

Excellent company, made the whole process from initial meeting to installation and connection to the grid a breeze, Excellent system Show additional information

A commitment to quality and service

Great to work with such a committed Brisbane team. Pete was not into a big sell but knew his stuff and gave us some sound advice and kept in touch through the process - he’s also clearly committed to the environment. The installation team were great - got some additional electrical work done and Steve did the neatest job you could ask for - even came back on the weekend to sort an issue we had. Wasn’t a cheap system but price was competitive with other reputable installers. Couldn’t be happier with the whole process. This is not a paid review either! Show additional information

Great customer experience from start to finish.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the whole process. The product and sales/quoting process was explained in detail and I felt comfortable making my own informed decision on which system to go with. Installation times and procedures were communicated and performed efficiently and exceeded my expectations.
I would be happy to refer SEM Group QLD to anyone I know that wants a great solar installation.

Could not have been Happier with the company

Best service out of all Could not have been Happier Show additional information

SEM QLD --- Quote, Installation, Follow up

All aspects of the process from quote to follow up have been excellent. I contacted SEM and was visited that afternoon. The quote arrived the next day (Saturday). I obtained other quotes but the one from SEM was superior in that the cost of the full meter box replacement was included at a price which was less than half of other quotes. The overall quote for 19 LG 350 watt panels and a 5kw Sungrow inverter was thus accepted.
Within 7 days of this the system was installed. The installation crew arrived at the stipulated time.They were extremely organized in their tasks, completing the installation and replacement of the meter box in a thoroughly professional manner. They answered all my questions and I was left feeling very much at ease with the whole process and reassured that I had obtained a quality product which will give me many years of trouble free service. The assistance of Jack in the office was greatly appreciated. I have also received a call from Brett, a director of the company seeking feedback. SEM QLD has a well deserved high reputation.
Peter,
Brisbane

a top company, top installation

the company was tops from start to finish
the help they gave was good

Very Happy to be a new solar owner

I got a lot of Quotes before I decided to go with SEM. The reason i went with them in the end was, personal recommendations from friends, the size of the company and the personal and flexible quotes they offered me. They were very happy to alter the quote for me a few times whilst I still worked out exactly what it was I wanted from my new system and explained the various factors to be considered as we went. In essence they were accommodating and keen to be of servvice. The installation and process after accepting ther qoute went like a breeze and they checked in with me all alomng the way to ensure I was happy. I feel like you too will be pleased if you chose this company Show additional information

An easy process

From quote to booking to installation everything was prompt and everyone involved did what they said they would do exactly when they said they would. Installers were punctual and very tidy. Overall it was a seamless and very easy experience for someone with no experience to go from sourcing a few different quotes a few weeks ago to have a system installed and awaiting the grid connect (SEM arranged this too). Show additional information

Good job

Very efficient, friendly, helpful.
Installers were great.
Good follow up.
Have already recommended to friends

Quick, efficient and very professional

Quoting process very good, explained fully the product, implementation and installation. Installation team were a very professional group of young men. Arrived when they said they would, set to work immediately. Explained fully the system and grid connection install. Can't wait for the local power company to do their bit now :) Show additional information

Great service and advice from SEM Brisbane

Great customer service from SEM Brisbane.
Aaron guided me through a bunch of learning i needed to do to get up to speed on different types of solar systems.
I have a partially shaded roof so i ended up going for a SolarEdge optimized system.

Installation was painless. They arrived on time, consulted with me on the whole process. They finished early and didn't leave a mess.

Grid connection was arranged and i was up a running pretty much immediately.

As far as I can tell the system is performing as expected and output is above predictions

Professional Service - Great Price - Happy Customer!

SEM QLD has a great team, and provide a professional and cost effective solar system install service.

They installed a 15 panel solar system on my home recently with inverter and smart meter and I couldn't have been happier with the entire process and end result.

The phone call where I requested a quote ended with me completely confidant in the quality of work that I was signing up for. All questions I have prepared were answered confidently and it allowed me to trust the company before committing to the service. I also went in with a good review from a friend.

The installation was on time, professional, and wrapped up as expected on the same day. The workers were polite and did a great job, even reaching out a few times for comment on how I would like certain conduits to run etc. Which I appreciated.

Customer service has been amazing, and all queries were answered quickly and effectively. I can't think of anywhere in the entire process where I would have expected any better service. They were great.

I have been talking about the install service to anyone that will listen, and I can't wait to see those power bills knocked down to next to nothing as time passes. I'd be more than happy to work with them again on a future property.

Thanks SEM QLD!

Excellent installer

This company was very good to deal with, it was installed a week after ordering it and was a pleasure to deal with the friendly service, it is operating even better than I expected. Show additional information

Great experience

From the first contact with Damian I felt valued. I was made to feel comfortable and confident with my decision to install Solar as everything I was concerned about or did not understand was explained in detail with honesty and respect. Nothing was too much trouble and I was never made to feel I was wasting his time by asking loads of questions. There was no waiting time in having it installed. The boys who arrived on time were polite and exremely professional. The job was efficiently completed that same day where after worked so hard Damion was more than happy to then go through everything they had done and how it all worked. A few days later Damian called by to ensure we were happy and to personally run through how the monitoring app worked. If you are after someone trustworthy, efficient , well priced using good quality components SEM are the people to call. Show additional information

Bring On The Savings!

Called Them On Thursday For A Quote And They Beat The Competition By $50 And Installed The Following Monday!

Installation Was Completed By Lunch Time!

Good to deal with, and professional installation.

SEM were great. answered all my questions and catered for my many options when choosing a system. Professional install too. Show additional information

Highly recommended

I would highly recommend SEM QLD as the whole process from quoting to instalment and set up was seamless. They know there products inside out coupled with their professional, courteous, efficient and prompt customer service makes them one of the best in the field. I would rate them as 10/10 from my initial phone contact to after sales service, the best experience I've had with any Solar Company. Show additional information

High quality product

Responsive sales process
System is super quiet. Cannot hear anything.
Great app for monitoring production and use
Installation was efficient. Did need to modify arrangement on the install day due to screw lines, which put more on 10 degree south facing roof than west facing Not a major issue, but would be good to understand this better ahead of sale.
Energex EWR for metering was done for me and promptly which was good, but they could not tell me what the tariff on the EWR form was. Ended up being a demand tariff which I am now changing back to single rate and takes some time to change over. Would be good if they could advise more clearly on this aspect to avoid potential delay and extra step.

happy customer

Overall very happy WITH SEM Brisbane throughout the entire process Show additional information

From the first contact with Damian from SEM it's been smooth sailing. He answered all of my questions (and I am painful) and pointed me in the right direction. No pressure at all. Installation was incredibly fast. I couldn't believe that it was only 2 weeks from accepting the quote to the system being installed. The guys who installed the system were great.
Thanks guys for making everything so easy. I WOULD RECOMMEND SEM ANYTIME.

Great system, quick install.

Quote and install was a breeze, no running down the competition like other quotes. Show additional information

Fantastic service and communication!

From the inception to completion the guys at SEM Darwin have been thorough and fantastic.

The work was completed with punctuality, and organised efficiency. No mess to clean up afterwards and the communication all the way through to the grid connection and occupancy certificate, was courteous and you could see customer service was not just a priority but a culture in their business.

Highly Recommeneded ! Matt and the team, you have all done well. Thank you!

Good result, with a couple of hiccups along the way - smoothed out by excellent customer service!

Salesman was friendly and well informed, provided information readily and quoted (and, upon request, requoted) promptly.
Not a fan of their quoting system (I prefer a proper PDF, not a browser-rendered pamplet) but that's a quibble.

Installers were prompt, they arrived on time and got stuck in... but were missing the microinverters. Which had gone to a different site. That meant installation took longer than expected, but didn't end up causing any significant grief.

Unfortunately, in the course of installing the gear in the switchbox they punched through the internal wall. As soon as I raised it with SEM, however, they were lightning-fast to respond - sending the sparkie out first thing to rectify the switchboard side, and arranging a painter to patch and paint same day. Absolutely cannot fault their response here - top class.

Still waiting for the grid connection to be finalised, but here too SEM were more than prompt at submitting the paperwork - submitting it even before I'd paid the balance of my account. Generally they only do this after accounts are finalised, but given the above rectification works they submitted immediately (and without it being requested)!

All in all I'm very satisfied.

They put me at ease throughout

Wonderful company, very helpful office staff and installers, great product. Show additional information

Fantastic service and quality products

Excellent service from beginning to end of install Brett was very helpful and explained everything in an easy to understand manner. The entire process was quick, easy and hassle free and the quality of product for the price was outstanding Show additional information

Fantastic installation

I have been planning for years that I will be wanting to have Solar and coming into the Solar process I knew nothing about Solar and what I needed to do. Solarquotes gave me alot of information that I needed and got me into contact with SEM Darwin. SEM Darwin was really professional and the sales person was really honest regarding the products on the market. They explained everything to me in a way I would understand and not feel stupid for not knowing. The installation went ahead without any issues and I would highly recommend them to anyone. Show additional information
You provided very good suppliers for our quotes, good cross section of education, value for money and quality of product. Show additional information

Great customer service and professional installation team.

Great team very switched on and customer focused Very professional team good follow up from installation team admin staff and Aaron. The installation team cleaned up and where all extremely polite. Show additional information

Friendly and professional

The team is friendly and professional. I got my system installed smoothly while I was busy working from home. Show additional information

Professional and transparent process from end to end

Sales process was professional and upfront in pros and cons of cheaper vs more expensive systems. Installation was on time and great technicians who did a high quality install of the metre box. Installers did all the EWR for the changeover also so will definitely recommend. Show additional information