SEM Group Reviews

Based on 122 reviews Aus Ranking

About SEM Group, Solar Installers

SEM Group
Platinum Partner

SEM utilise industry leading products & technology to ensure the performance and longevity of your solar system.

Offering great value for money, our experts will be able to advise you on the best system for you.

We also offer great finance options where your repayments are similar to what you make from your solar system.

Our experience and diverse range of products coupled with outstanding customer service and support allows you to sit back, relax and enjoy the comfortable process of your new solar installation.

SEM Group Solar Reviews

Exceeded Expectations

Very professional from quotation process through to installation. Would have no problems recommending to anyone considering investing a high quality solar system with a reputable company. Exceeded all expectations. Show additional information
SEM is very accommodating and prompt for answering my queries and special thanks to Brett.

More than happy now as our Solar is on and running and so with the air conditioning unit.

Fantastic Service

Could not fault SEM especially Si such a nice, helpful person. He answered all my questions and helped me understand the whole process. Would definitly recommend, such a great experience. Show additional information
SEM have been in regular contact and held my hand through out the whole process Show additional information
A very professional service from start to finish. Would definitely recommend. Show additional information
I'm very happy with the service, installation and post installation customer service that I received from SEM Darwin.
Price was great.
People were awesome and a pleasure to deal with.
If you've got an issue they will bend over backwards to resolve it.
Still waiting for my solar app from solar edge been over 2 weeks now and still waiting Show additional information
Thoroughly recommend SEM. Price was good, installation crew, electricians, office staff all were very good to deal with. Cant go wrong with these guys Show additional information
I don't typically write reviews for businesses but the service that SEM Brisbane have provided me has been so exceptional that I felt the need to let everyone know!

In my initial stages of looking at having a solar system installed at my home, I started getting frustrated at the enormous amount of shady businesses that are out there, the more reviews you read, the more businesses that appear to be out there that don't follow through on their promises and don't back themselves or the product they are installing.
SEM were an absolute breath of fresh air and were a pleasure to deal with from beginning to end. Every communication was dealt with promptly and in a professional manner. The installation team were reliable and arrived right on time. They too were professional and I felt as though I was dealing with an honest and ethical company - something that can't be said for many other solar installers.

I would highly recommend and without hesitation SEM Group to anyone, whether it be for solar or any general electrical work (they also installed a power socket for a wall mounted TV and a ceiling fan for me while they were there which was extremely convenient!).
Excellent and honest service from beginning with Joern, and through to brilliant installation crew and admin staff. Could not ask for better service - friendly, efficient and extremely informative. Show additional information
There was a slight wiring issue during installation as they cut off our hot water, and the inverter hadn’t actually arrived ready for installation but otherwise very easy to deal with. We’re still getting to know the best times to use power but so far it’s made a difference! Show additional information
Quotes arise greatly as did equipment offered. Conditions of contract were onerous and needed to be negotiated. Some quotes had errors and were not good. Show additional information
They will be installed this month.
All other contractors who quoted used the web to locate our house and the quotes were done via email
From the initial conversation with the sales person right through to the cleanup after the installation, the team at Solar Energy Management Darwin were a fantastic team to deal with. The installers were there on time and kept me informed as to what was happening during the morning. Once they were completed (in less than four hours) they cleared demonstrated the inverter to me so that I could easily keep a track of my generation and usage. Solar Energy Management do not use subcontractors, they use employees and this made all of the difference in our choice and was clearly demonstrated on the day of installation - they cared about the job. Thank you Solar Energy Management Darwin. Show additional information
Can't fault SEM for their service. Very knowledgeable and helpful team. Show additional information
Very happy with Solar Quotes and SEM Group service.

Committing to PV panel was not easy. So many things that we need to consider: size of the system, type of panel and inverter, which provider is the best one, etc.
Solar quotes really helped with narrowing down the option and providing independent advice with no extra cost.

I am also very happy with the service that I am getting from the team at SEM Group.
From the start of the process, I was approached by the sales person after I submitted my questionnaire through Solar Quote.
Pete was very helpful and approachable. I was quite particular with my requirement on the PV system. I want a system with maximum power generation in limited roof space, and I also want the system to be ready for EV charging. Pete listen to my requirement and provided me several options which aligned with what I need.
Once the quote was accepted, I was then dealing with the admin person which was also very polite and helpful.

Last but not least, their installation team was also very professional. Again, they listen to my need and execute very nicely. I wanted the inverter to be in a specific spot and they made that happen. Another big positive note is on how the installers are being very neat and tidy with their work. They clean up after them self very well, which is not so common for majority of tradesman.

In general, I am very happy with the team at SEM Group. They all listen to customer's need and execute in a very professional manner. Ohh, and their pricing is also the best among other quotes that I receive. Highly recommended solar installer.

AB - Brisbane
Excellent all round service. Show additional information
People trust friends and relatives, I personally do not trust sales persons. So when I discussed the different solar companies it was mentioned how at the Thrive coffee shop that these are great people. I am also one on one type person. The first thing in Darwin most people check to see if the company is actually in Darwin, and if any thing should go wrong on and after install the Darwin base company are on the ground with qualified trusted employees. Keeping it local. Local knowledge is extremely important to me. If they wish more people to know about their business, is to have a small get together of satisfied customers (links on social media) and invite any of their friends (no money exchanged or benefits) with one or two experts at the event. One on one (gossip) is highly effective. Trust builds strong customer base, who will willingly let others know how they got a good bargin and great service. Show additional information
Installers for the company were exceptional. In particular, the electrician provided an exceptional level of service. Show additional information
The team at Sem Darwin are brilliant very professional and accomodate your needs. Show additional information
The guys that came to install the system were all really friendly and professional and easy to deal with. Show additional information
It seems that since the system has been installed SEM do not want to know me. I have asked them several questions and all I get is silence. Since installing the system my remote blinds were playing up. Franklyn came out to sort out issue and rang SEM to find out what frequency the inverter was on. The comment to me was that SEM 'were not helpful' and so they contacted the inverter direct. I also contacted them and again no reply. Prior to this I had asked a couple of questions and no reply to them either. So it seems once the system is installed they are not interested in their customers. Would not recommend them to anyone else.

04 March 2019 Update:
Since writing this review I have been contacted by SEM who advise me that their telephone lines were working, however, other communication systems via emails and text, which is was provided to them by a third party, had been down during the time I tried to communicate with them. They sincerely apologised for the lack of communication and have answered by questions to my satisfaction. They have also put a rectification into place to ensure that other consumers do not experience the same issues. I am therefore, happy to state that their follow up is most satisfactory and that I look forward to working with them and feel confident that they have fixed the issue.

Good afternoon Desley,

I have just received your message through SQ regarding our customer service department. We take all comments extremely seriously and will conduct a full investigation. We have an exceptionally good name on this platform and will do all in our power to change your current perception of our levels customer service.

I have left you a message and sent you an email to discuss your concerns. From my initial investigation it seems your 2 emails re WIFI monitoring set up and understanding your solar production have not been answered as our CRM did not send the messages through.

I will give you a call again to rectify your couple of queries.

Many thanks
Instant savings and quality and timely service. Show additional information
Great team of professional, we can not expect more, the installation was quick with attention to details. and all very friendly. Thanks for all guys. Show additional information
Went with SEM who was quick, efficient and very friendly, they also provided a very competitive quote.mJoss came to visit and provided great advice on how best to go about choosing the right panels, inverter and location of panels etc. The installation was quick and went smoothly. Some other companies did not come to visit and tried to get a deal over the phone.

We are still waiting for Energy Australia to complete the meter upgrade after almost a month, so will be able to tell more about the performance of the system once everything settles.
Very smooth transaction. Install process was fast, and all staff from initial sales person, management, office staff, installers, was extremely helpful, and all went out of their way to make this experience a very pleasant one. Show additional information
Felt so comfortable dealing with sem group from start to finish, installers did a great job and I am so happy with the money we are saving already with our system. Thanks again you did a great job Show additional information
We received several Solar quotes from Solar installers early Dec, however, first impressions count. Si advised us of the types of Systems that they offer and explained the difference bewteen the systems.

He did not pressure us, nor ask if we have had any other quotes, and, did not say a bad thing about other Solar installers.

They may not have been the cheapest, but information we received was very well presented, knowledgable and all our questions were answered.

Our decision was made easy to choose SEM Darwin.

We were emailed our install date and kept informed by the admin staff throughout.

The install team arrived on time as scheduled, asked if we had any questions prior and kept us informed throughout. They went about their duties professionally and at the end of the day site was left clean, a credit to the installers.

Big thanks to the SEM Darwin team.
We really loved the information given at our consultation and not from just a sales rep but from an actual person who follows and installs the job from start to finish!! Show additional information
Approachable and very professional. Show additional information
Our Sales Rep Si was very helpful, nothing was an issue even when we got him to re quote 3 times as we kept changing our minds. Installation was a breeze and the guys were very professional at all stages of the process. I would highly recommend SEM Group in Darwin to anyone who is considering putting up Solar!
Thanks again team.
We chose a larger system given our Electricity Account was just short of $5000 in the last 12 months. SEM was the only provider that enquired as to the level of usage and offered an option that was the biggest that we could install given our available power system of 1 phase. Also they were happy to install the Inverter inside the garage due to direct sun issues and install a timer for the hot water system. Others seemed to offer a vanilla offering of middle of the road system and cost.
Process through to installation from SEM was great and very efficient and it was only that we had to wait 4 weeks for Energex to approve the size of the system and issue the EWP to our electricity provider (AGL) that was disappointing.
There was a further let down when dealing with AGL and trying to get them to install the new smart meter. After 3 follow up calls and being told that connection would not be till 12 Jan 2019 we received a call to advise that the smart meter would be installed on 10 December 2018. That was better than I was expecting, but unfortunately their installer forgot to turn the hot water system back on.
Three days later we received our new contract details as well. Of course we expected that we would get offered the current best offer from AGL of $0.20c feed in tariff, but alas our expectations were again demolished by their service. Another call to AGL to get this changed and all is now operating smoothly.
Looking forward to seeing our first full monthly account on solar. Over the past few weeks of using solar our daily cost from AGL has dropped from around $12 to about $3.50 for the periods between 6.00 pm and 5.30 am, however our level of feed in rebate each day has varied between about $4.00 and $8.00 depending on cloud cover and production.
feel like the after installation communication a little below expectation with the office. Show additional information
The people at SEM Solar in Darwin NT were just great. Very efficient arrangement of appointment time to check out our house. They do all the necessary paper work for us (building department approvals, power company connection arrangements, arranging the federal rebate $, etc).
The guys came were happy and friendly and did the whole lot -- all 22 panels and the power inverter/system -- in under one day.
A First class service from start to finish... few issues with roofing structure but with help from sales person and installers all was sorted out and a complimentary upgrade on certain components. Would highly recommend SEM as a top rate solar company and installer.. Jarra was exceptional as was Peter. Thank you all Show additional information
From the initial contact to the service and back up after the install, I couldn't be happier with SEM Group.
Pete was a wealth of knowledge who was able to answer every question and concern with excellent service, not to mention the great price!
Jack and the boys were brilliant with the install and extremely helpful with showing me the ropes with both the system but also setting up the app for me. And also Kerrie in admin, who made the whole process a smooth as possible and even kept in contact with making sure things were sorted with my energy company.
I am genuinely very, very happy with them, and will definitely use them when the time comes to shop for a battery!