SEM Group Reviews

About SEM Group, Solar Installers

SEM Group
Platinum Partner
SEM Group is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 91 606 113 875  ABN active since 28 May 2015 | Solar Energy Management Group Australia Pty Ltd
ACN: 606 113 875  ACN active since 28 May 2015 | Solar Energy Management Group Australia Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NT: C 3377 Sem.darwin

QLD: 82204 Solar Energy Management Group Australia Pty Ltd

Estimated pricing for system: $5,713 - $10,400 depending on hardware choice ( how is this calculated? )

SEM utilise industry leading products & technology to ensure the performance and longevity of your solar system.

Offering great value for money, our experts will be able to advise you on the best system for you.

We also offer great finance options where your repayments are similar to what you make from your solar system.

Our experience and diverse range of products coupled with outstanding customer service and support allows you to sit back, relax and enjoy the comfortable process of your new solar installation.

Darwin Contact Details:
P: 1300 033 510
A: Unit 7/11 Miles Road, Berrimah, NT 0828

Brisbane Contact Details:
P: 1300 085 744
A: Unit 2/6 Overend Street, East Brisbane, QLD 4169

SEM Group Solar Reviews

Great advice, quality system

Quote process very easy. They gave a fair price on a top quality system which is what I wanted. I did get cheaper quotes from other suppliers but overall I had the most confidence in SEM. So far performance of the system has exceeded what SEM promised and the LG 25 year product and performance warranties (that include labor to replace anything faulty) bring great confidence in the system. Show additional information

Great Service & Communication

All amazing from the moment of the quote up until the installation and finalization. Si had originally quoted me at my home when I was all unsure about making the investment for solar, I had left it for a few months and he did not bother and hound me as previous providers had done. When we had finally decided to take the leap it was prompt and not even stressful. The blokes who had set it up were efficient and we haven't had a drama! Will continue to recommend SEM whenever I have a conversation about solar. Thanks to the wonderful NT team! Show additional information

Professional, efficient & friendly

Sales/quoting process: fast & mostly efficient. Quotes similar in price for like-for-like. Point of difference for me was being a local business that employed its own installers & backed them with a longer workmanship warranty than those that subcontracted.
Installation: punctual, very efficient, friendly, communicated well at each point & absolutely no mess afterwards.
Customer service: brilliant! SEM organised everything- I just sat back & watched it all happen.
Overall I can’t fault SEM & would highly recommend them

Impeccable service and installation with SEM (Solar Energy Management Group)

My entire experience with SEM has been impeccable. Aaron, Jack, Brett and the whole SEM team went beyond and looked at all my electricity needs and concerns, nothing was too hard for them. From quoting to installation and following up, they were in communication with me every step of the way. Show additional information

Both individuals and organisation extremely professional and proficent.

Very helpful in catering to my solar needs and clarifying anything in a clear terms during the quoting process, including multiple home visits based on my own availability. They organized everything, ensuring third party (e.g. Energex, Origin..) attendance, for the installation work and associated tasks (i.e. change to three phase power supply) to take place on the same day. As expected, every one arrived as planned and they (SEM) tidied up everything up afterwards, including reverting the front lawn trench area, at my home. A bit of a plus, they also re-sited my home phone connection point and fixed an ethernet connection issue (both pro-bona!). Later they returned to ensure everything was correctly configured (e.g. for power monitoring) as well as sort out my download, and use, of the 'apps' on my tech devices (i.e. android phone, Ipad, windows pcs, etc.). I also had a follow-up call, the next day, from one of the directors (Brett Adams) as a courtesy check on it all. The entire experience, including outcomes, was pleasant with no 'hard-sell' or stress/pressure. Show additional information

Professional excellence!

Si from SEM was extremely professional at all times while arranging quotes, payment and installation and he was highly flexible in accommodating me/my availability for the install.
The installation team headed by Adam were polite, professional, approachable and very helpful. They worked well as a team too. The work space was left spotless and they even helped clean some old screws that had been left on the roof by the builder and offered to spray the rust left with some kill rust! The whole team's approach made the process entirely stress free!
I fully recommend Si from SEM and his team! Thank you!

Excellent company to deal with

I am happy with all stages, fully recommended. ......Please remove restrictions on the review to be more than 10 words. Show additional information

Fantastic Service & Quick Install

Would definitely recommend to other people who are looking to get there solar put on to give SEM a call they were great with quoting which included all the paperwork. And when it was time to do the install it was done with great service and only took a day and a bit and it was completed. My recommendation.... get it done.
Thanks again....

great work

Would not hesitate to use and recommend SEM services again.
From the word go they were on site installing the system, very effective team and good communicators.
For the young apprentices of SEM in Brisbane, keep up the good work and enthusiasm.

Much appreciated

Fantastic Installer. A+++

Excellent customer service, clear communication, excellent technical knowledge and 100% honest. Special mention to Aaron Hanna the sales rep, he was fantastic the entire way through the process. Highly recommend this company. Show additional information

Very happy to have a solar installation

The sales person was excellent - he came out to the house the next day and explained everything clearly.

The installers were excellent - they communicated well with us and cleaned up all their rubbish.

Communication from the office person was almost non-existent until after the installation. It was difficult to contact the office as emails were minimalistic and sent through a no-reply third party. Details on our invoice were incorrect. It seems like the company needs to employ more office staff.

Thank you Cathy for your review we will now be conducting a full investigation. As we pride ourselves providing a quality experience when we get a review like this with a 2 star rating in Customer service warning bells go off as we have a 4.7 star average across this platform. We have just tried calling you around 12.10 on the 1st October and left a message. As a business we can't improve without feedback like this and rest assured we will be in contact to see if we can improve your experience in our customer service delivery.
You can contact me in the office at any time however as mentioned my administration team will be in contact.

Brett Adams - Director

SEM was fantastic from the moment they contact me to provide a quote to the installation and beyond. They were the only ones that came to do a site visit before
a quotation and spent time going thru the different systems before recomending a system suitable for our needs and the roof we have. The installation team did an excellent job and the admin team was also effecient in dealing with registration and connection to the grid and any issues that we had thereafter. Could not have been happier to have transacted with SEM. Highly recomended.
Very nice Company to deal with and staff were very accomodating. I liked the attitude of the guys and their willingness to keep us informed throughout the whole process. The running of the cables internally were very neat and straight. No mess left after they were finished. Explained the system and APP very clearly. Show additional information

Highly Recommended Installer

Couldn’t be happier with the service I received from Dane and the crew at SEM Darwin.
There team that conducted the installation was very professional and communication was excellent. Wouldn't even now they had been there apart from new panels on the roof, left the place spotless. Removed my old system that was poor performing.
Admin team handled all paperwork that made the process seamless and kept me informed on when the installation would occur. From signing up to installation, 7 days.
Great system and amazing service, will be recommending this company for years to come

Great installation

I found the process from quote to installation to be very smooth and stress free. The guys installing were very professional and helpful in explaining what they were doing. Show additional information

Top Job.

SEM were really easy to deal with from start to finish. The quoting process was simple and Joss was always free with his time to go through it all over and over as he answered the million and one questions. Could not rate his service highly enough.
The install went smoothly and the guys did a great job. They were all friendly and made sure the place was all clean when finished. Jack went through it all and explained the setup and best way to utilise the system and what the best way was to handle the meter change over. In the end, it only took about 2 weeks and the meter upgrade had been done and the system was up and running. I didn't even have to follow anything up myself. I was warned that the net meter change over process can be a bit slow and ordinary and I would have to chase the power company up to help push it along, however I never had to do that. Maybe I got lucky?

All in all, the whole process was seamless and easy and I cant rate SEM highly enough.

Quick note about the system performance: The last week, the system has been making more then its expected average output and we're just out of winter. I am keen to see what it makes in summer with more daylight hours! Its already performing better then I was expecting!

Awesome quality install

Peter was the salesman I dealt with by email and phone. He was great to deal with. I negotiated a good price comparing to other similar quotes of using identical components. The pre-install process went well and couldn't have been better.
Setting a firm install date from the start was not possible due to there being no stock of the Fronius Symo 8.2kw inverter from any of our distributors. It took about 2 months for stock to arrive in the country so I was assigned one of the units and an install date was set. My luck would have it that the install day came and it was a very wet rainy day so I got rescheduled 2 weeks later.
On the next install day, weather was perfect and the team of 3 installers turned up early at around 7am. Jack, the head installer was great to deal with and his electrician offsider and their trades assistant were good blokes too. Whilst they were setting up first thing, I went to their trailer to look at all my new packaged goodies. I saw my new inverter, mounting hardware, conduits, and a wrapped pallet of panels. I check the model number of the panels and I notice that they've brought the wrong panels with them on the trailer; same brand, different model. I immediately notified Jack and he was quick to jump on the phone to sort it out. At 11am, a truck arrived with the correct panels and the install continued and went smoothly for the remainder of the day. I think it was an easy mistake to make as the panel I ordered was a brand new model, being the N-Peak and nowhere near as popular as the very common Twin-Peak 2, so in the warehouse they probably loaded the TP2 as they would normally do any other day. But I'm glad that I did catch onto it and new what to look for otherwise it could have been a very expensive mistake if I realised this after the install was complete. Jack was apologetic and I wasn't bothered at all by it.
The inverter and panels are high quality. The Clenergy racking is high quality. The isolators are high quality and the install itself is high quality.
The boys packed up at the end of the day and no rubbish was left which was great. The boys were good to chat to throughout the day and I found them polite.
Jack set up my monitoring but I was having issues with my wi-fi at the time so he completed it soon after. He was great help with Fronius monitoring over the following week post install.
So apart from the little hiccup on install date, everything else was great and I'd use SEM again if I moved to another house and wanted solar.

Highly HIGHLY recommended installer

I received 5 quotes during my selection process. SEM weren't the cheapest but they had the best customer service, in my opinion. They're communication through Dane was terriffic. The installers communicated quite well with us during installation and were very accomodating and professional. The finished result exceeds they're estimates.
SEM replied to emails promptly, contacted me regarding the quote right away then aswered any questions I had. The options were thorough- 3 different panel types.
Another big drawcard for us was the fact SEM are CAL Accreditted, the only installer we received a quote from. Although there were much cheaper alternatives I felt as though there was more security going with a national company(QLD & NT) instead of a subcontractor or one of the many installers that are small businesses.

A1 service.

I couldn’t be happier with the service I received from Dane and the crew at SEM Darwin.
Very professional and went out of their way to make the installation suit us.
Great system and amazing service will have me recommending this company for years to come

quality installation and customer servises

Sales / Quote were easy to understand
Installation were quick and Tidy
Good Customers Services

Very happy

Salesman very professional and up front.
The install crew done a great job.

Be Prepared for Awesomeness!!

I could not recommend this organisation highly enough. From initial quote to final installation they were brilliant! The Admin team were extremely thorough and gave in depth explanations to all aspects of the process. The Installation team were highly professional and had it completed within a day. If it was not for the Inverter and solar panels attached you would not know they had even been there. The work sight was immaculate! I was particularly impressed with the open friendly and helpful manner that all members of the organisation conducted themselves. I will most definitely be recommending the SEM group to everyone I know! Show additional information

A job well done

The Salesman said a couple of things which were a bit rubbery, but the quoting process was fair and good. My powerboard needed replacing (which was not unexpected) after a close inspection and an earth stake had to be installed.
The installation was good and quick. The installers arrived at my house before me, a few minutes earlier than expected. They were extremely polite and kept me informed of their progress. The installers cleaned up all of their offcuts and packaging, even a piece I found and was going to put in my bin.
They organised the connection to the grid. On the day of the grid connection they installed a WiFi booster to allow me to monitor the performance of the system.

Great Experience!

Solar Energy Management was very professional and helpful from the beginning until the end. Installation was very smooth and was done quickly and efficiently. Customer service were excellent and very prompt in response. Show additional information

Professional, quality and fast service!

Right from the initial site inspection by Aaron through to the installation by Jack and his team, everyone at SEM group have been nothing but professional. Aaron was great with answering questions about the produces he was quoting me on and why he thought these particular productswere best for me. Jack was great at explaining the inverter and other details on the install day, which happened to be 2 business days after I contacted Aaron to tell him I'd decided to go with his quote. There's a reason these guys are platinum installers with solar quotes. Fast, efficient and professional service! Show additional information

Fantastic company.

I found SEM fantastic to deal with. Communication was great when setting up dates and appointments were always met. Si was professional to deal with as well as all other workers from the office through to the installation workers. Show additional information

Great business to deal with!

Quoting was efficient, realistic and honest. Always punctual and informative whilst remaining patient at all times.
Installation was quick - doing two 13KW systems in two working days. Quicker than expected.
Grid connection is still in process but paperwork was sent to Energex on time.

Great System, Great Job, Great Price

I would strongly recommend SEM Group as they did a great job installing our solar panel system. Their sales representative Aaron Hanna, was very helpful in explaining the ins and outs of solar panels and inverters and was very accepting of all my technical questions as I had previously spent quite some time doing all the research. There was a small problem connecting our ABB inverter to our wifi modem to allow us to monitor our system via ABB's website which I resolved myself after telephoning ABB and was really no fault of SEM Group as ABB's sign up app had reverted to their default settings, unbeknown to SEM. The work was all to Australian Standards including installing a metal plate over the roof isolator switch to protect it from degrading due to sunlight. Great system, great job and at a price which was middle range without compromising on quality materials. Show additional information

Great service and system.

Great salesperson (Dane) and installers. Provided me accurate information, didn’t try and oversell or convince me (unlike some others). I checked info on solar quotes which matched SEM Darwin’s info.
Provided me options. I went with REC panels. Very pleased. Saving money already. Good fair price and hassle free payment option.

Good morning Colin, thank you for your review, we take all feedback very seriously whether it be positive or negative. With all negative reviews like this (less than what we expect which is 4.7 out of 5.0) I will make it my priority to speak to all concerned to see where we "dropped the ball". Thank you for your feedback without getting comments like this we can't improve.

My name is Brett if you need to call me at any time my number is 0439 424 313.
We haven't been connected to the electricity grid yet but the system at the moment is producing over 28kw a day and has only been installed for 2days. Hopefully when connected to the grid we will see some good savings. Show additional information

Great company to deal with

Quotes were reasonable and within our budget. Professional workers, kept going till the job was done, very friendly and answered all our questions. Were very tidy, punctual and polite and went the extra mile with service Show additional information
Very knowledgeable and open sales person, efficient installation team. Show additional information

Excellent.

Price was good, got the work done very quickly. The post sale service has been excellent so far, Si has gone far over and above what I expected when setting up the inveter monitoring and checking that were happy with the work. Definitely recommend SEM to anyone. Show additional information
I'm not the easiest person to deal with but Dane went the extra mile with info and service Show additional information
You provided very good suppliers for our quotes, good cross section of education, value for money and quality of product. Show additional information
The quality of customer service is lower than expected, their technical support is not very responsive. Show additional information
Installation crew were really friendly and all work was done to high standards.

Delay with inverter but seems to be a general issue with fronius.

Sales guys super friendly and they were recommended by a neighbor.
Prompt responses, proactive, professional customer service was what SEM was all about. Team was highly experienced and everything is working amazingly well since day one. Can't go wrong with SEM. Show additional information

Exceeded Expectations

Very professional from quotation process through to installation. Would have no problems recommending to anyone considering investing a high quality solar system with a reputable company. Exceeded all expectations. Show additional information
SEM is very accommodating and prompt for answering my queries and special thanks to Brett.

More than happy now as our Solar is on and running and so with the air conditioning unit.

Fantastic Service

Could not fault SEM especially Si such a nice, helpful person. He answered all my questions and helped me understand the whole process. Would definitly recommend, such a great experience. Show additional information
SEM have been in regular contact and held my hand through out the whole process Show additional information
A very professional service from start to finish. Would definitely recommend. Show additional information