Solar 1 Electrical Pty Ltd

Solar 1 Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

Solar 1 Electrical Pty Ltd is a Solar Power Installation company based in Long Gully and serves VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $3,000 - $8,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Solar 1 Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews (103)

4.4/5

Excellent installation

Sales staff were professional and respond to queries promptly. Leah/Kathy send updates throughout the whole process. Quality of installation although took 2 days, is highly recommended.

Hi Dennis,

Appreciate you sharing your experience and letting us know our staff were processional and communicated well throughout the process.

Wishing you all the very best.

Very professional

Easy to understand process.
Office staff friendly and communicative
Installation crew installed in one day the battery and solar panels. Very helpful and a professional approach.
My second buy from this company (moved house). That says it all

Hi Rod,

Happy to hear that our friendly and professional staff communicated in a professional manner and made the process easy to understand.

We where delighted to help you out a second time around and wish you all the best in your new home.

Thank you for doing your part in reducing greenhouse gas emissions while also ensuring you save on electricity bills for years to come.

Solar 1 Electrical review

Solar1 were very professional and talked me through the process easily. Even filled out the rebate website for me. The installers were prompt and cheerful, coping with a difficult access without complaint. It's good to have the backup of their own team, if needed in the future.

Hi Sue,

It was our pleasure to assist you with the rebate applications and guide you through the process, a service we offer ensuring we abide by the Solar Victoria guidelines.

The access was a little challenging although our team are resourceful.

Enjoy the new place and the solar savings.

Great company to deal with

Everything went extremely smoothly. Leah and the staff I dealt with, were professional and acted efficiently to get my solar up and running in a timely manner. They communicated continually about the installation process and kept me updated on where we were up to.
I would 100% recommended Solar1 for your solar installation.

Hi Karen,

Super proud to read this review and that everything went extremely smoothly. Communication and ensuring our customers are informed throughout the process is an important part of our processes, so thank you for highlighting we met your requirements in this area.

Wishing you all the best for your solar savings and thank you for doing your part in helping our planet too.

Excellent products and service

The solar 1 team were great to work with on the installation of our residential panels. From the sales team right through to the install, communication was thorough and timely.

Hi Matt,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your success and pleased we ticked the boxes and provided great communication from sales, administration and installation.

A1 for Installation and Customer Service

From our initial contact with Leah at Solar1 we knew we had contacted the right solar provider. Leah and Cathy supplied us with all the information we needed and answered all (including the dumb ones) questions we had regarding installation options and subsidies etc. Once we had sorted everything from our end it was smooth sailing all the way, paperwork was easy to understand and we were talked through it all the way. James arrived for the pre installation inspection and was very thorough, he explained everything in detail and we couldn’t have been happier with the service provided again. On installation day the crew arrived and were very efficient and made minimum disruption to our day. They cleaned up very thoroughly and explained the next steps in great detail before leaving site. We received a follow up phone call from Leah explaining what the next process will be and we recommend the team at Solar1 ten fold. Thanks team.
Chris & Maxine

Hi Christopher and Maxine,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and it is feedback like this that makes us proud of our entire team, from sales, administration to the installation team, we have a dedicated crew.

Happy to read it was such a smooth process and we believe there is no such thing as a dumb question, as the classic quote goes, 'We don't know what we don't know until we know it' and we encourage all questions ensuring our customers have all the knowledge they need to make an informed decision.
Thanks again and wishing you many many many years of solar savings!

Good system, terrible company to deal with

The installation was delayed due to global supply chain issues beyond their control. However, they were a very frustrating business to deal with. There was no communication from them when installation was delayed and it took several unanswered calls to get a response. Post installation it took weeks to sort out issues getting access to my data on solarweb. Having sent an email explaining the problem, leaving a voicemail and texting the installer I got a call from the office manager who knew nothing about the issue even though I had left the message and email with her.

I definitely will not be recommending them to anyone.

Hi Shane,

We are disappointed to read your review which as you will see from the many other reviews is not inline with the level of service we are highly regarded for.

As you mentioned there were global supply issues out of our control, and although frustrating for many we were able to reschedule your install within 1 week of panels arriving even though we were booked out 8 weeks in advance.
In relation to monitoring, we would like to point out that we set this up as standard practice on the day, although the details you provided for your Wi-Fi connection to do this was incorrect. We could not complete the set up due to incorrect details provided by yourself.
Our Electrician tried on 3 occasions to contact you to rectify this with no success. It is also important we point out that your system was functioning well, it was only monitoring that you were unable to see. There was no loss of solar supply.
When we came back out again, the details provided were again incorrect, although your wife came home and updated us which was a bonus. We understand the frustrations although also hope you can acknowledge that there were factors out of control and that your system did not lose any production throughout this process.

We have raised this with our internal complaints handing team as we pride ourselves on our customer service and continual improvement at all times.
Kind Regards,
Leah O'Shea
Sales and Marketing Manager
Solar 1 Electrical

5 Stars

I have recently purchased by own place and was wanting to get solar. I obtained 2 quotes from local Solar companies. Solar 1 Electrical was super quick at coming out and providing me with a quote, and they were the best value for money, comparing them to the second company for the same service. When it came to the installation it only took around 1-2 days for my system to be up and running and the guys who came out to install it were punctual and very friendly to deal with. I would highly be recommending Leah and the team to anyone, when looking at solar.

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the great feedback and the ability to come and visit you onsite to go through the whole process and do our pre-checks before providing a quote, it's the way we like to do things.
Our installation crew, in our humble opinion are the best. We can maintain quality inhouse over sub-contracting with our own team. Great to read many reviews relating to their politeness and punctuality.
Thanks for keeping it local and taking the time to share your solar success story.

Highly reccomend Solar1electrical

Solar1Electrical are an awesome team to deal with.
Being new to Solar, Leah explained everything to me in a way that was very clear and easy to understand and steered me in what i can only describe as "The right direction". Even advising me not to do certain things as would have been a waste of money.
The installers were a fun and professional bunch of guys, Although their mission to try and pat Mum's dog didn't go too well, Her dog is very grumpy around strangers.
Would definitely deal with them again.
Neil in Maryborough

Hi Neil,

We think you are awesome too and thank you for trusting us not only with your solar installation although with the additional electrical work and digging on trenches also.

We certainly take pride in guiding our customers and ensuring they gain the best value for money, which at times means we actually talk them out of systems or provide alternatives.

A good solar system will provide a great return on investment and no one likes wasting money.

P.S. The boys didn't even mention the grumpy dog!

Thanks again for your kind words of support.

Excellent

The sales manager has visited the property and given the quote which has addressed all the requirement of our needs out of five different companies.
The installation, communication and the administration of the solar1 company are meeting all the professional standards.

Professionals. Very easy process

The staff has been great. I upgraded my system from the original quote and staff has been responsive every step of the way. The installation went smoothly and even the inspector said that he’s inspected their work before and that Solar1 knows what they are doing. It’s also peace of mind because I know this company is not fly by night and they use components that are reliable with a good reputation. They were also responsive to my schedule when I said I needed to repair a leak in the roof before I could get them to install the system. I read the free book on Solarquotes and knew what to watch out for and Solar 1 ticked all the boxes. I dealt with Leah, Cathy and Andrew. First rate service.

Original Review on 06-05-2021:

Very professional

Overall the service was great
Able to keep us informed with all details and process of installation
Happy to recommend

9 months later we asked Herman: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We’ve had our solar panels now for about a year and have been performing well.
The batteries installation was a few months later, which was disappointing, and now we are finding them not living up to our expectations and costs.
Main reason in having the batteries installed was to provide power cover when mains power is out. We have now discovered this doesn’t work when we switch to battery power only.
I have contacted solar 1 this morning and assure me that this issue will be resolved.
Even if it is able to be resolved, we are disappointed that after only some months the system is not performing as it should.
We would also believe better information should be provided in the very limited manual that we were given.

Original Review on 21-05-2021:

Good Job

We decided to add to our existing solar installation which is small & getting towards the end of its life, & went through Solar Quotes as we didn't know a great deal about who the better installers around Bendigo are.

On a side note we found the Solar Quotes website fantastic - it really assisted us to make informed decisions about which way to go with installers, panel location, system size/type, etc.

All three installers were great (prompt, knowledgeable & happy to help) & it was tough picking one. In the end we went with Solar 1 as they would do all of the work themselves (no subcontracting) & they had an emphasis on quality. They also happened to have the best price. All installers provided lots of different options/ideas.

We have an unusual setup - existing solar, weird roof design, full switchboard, etc & we also wanted the new solar system to be hardwired (not Wi-Fi). Solar 1 dealt with all of this well.

The only issues we encountered (all minor) were:
* A few mix-ups with export limiting being incorrectly nominated on some of our paperwork (sorted pretty quickly though).
* The panels were installed too close to the edge of the roof making it unsafe to walk around that side of the panels now. Our instructions must have been misunderstood.
* We had to cut off some of the excess aluminium brackets on the roof to reduce future tripping hazards.
* We rerouted the Ethernet cable under the house to get it out of harm's way.
* We had to reinstall some insulation & remove some scrap from inside the roof.

A lot of people probably don't get up their roofs, inside their roofs or under their houses, but we need to from time to time.

The rest of the job was excellent & Solar 1 even asked us for our feedback at the end which we think proves that they care about the quality of their work & reputation.

7 months later we asked Luke: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The new solar system has performed as expected, if not better.
Enphase have provided ongoing support.
Solar 1 have also been fantastic, returning a couple of times to check everything’s working well.

Great to deal with and the crew how installed the system did a fantastic job. Just a bit slow following up a couple of slight issues with connectivity (app).

The sales and quoting process was seamless.
The installation was done in a day with all staff on site courteous, polite and left the site like they hadn't been there, accept for the new 11kW solar system.
Solar 1 Electrical organised the inspection and the grid connection so no stress on our behalf.

Excellent Company and Great Service

Very friendly, accommodating and professional. Even with many interruptions due to COVID we still received our system install in a timely manner.

Excellent all round, very happy!

When I was getting quotes Solar 1 were more than happy to answer all my questions. They explained things well and were patient with me. The customer service was fantastic, the whole team were nice and friendly. I’m confident with the panels and inverter that we chose based off their recommendations and our research. Communication was great, their estimation of timeframe was correct and the installation day went smoothly. A big thank you to the Solar 1 team!

Quality components

Not yet done Covid regulations delayed installation quote was what I stipulated no Chinese components

Solar 1 were absolutely fantastic to deal with

Couldn't have been happier with the service and professionalism all round. The office team (Cathy, Leah & Peter) kept me constantly in the loop with progress and guided us through the process, the installers (Simon and team) were prompt, gave me all the info needed, let me know when they were arriving and talked me through different options available. Super super happy with progress and now enjoying soaking up the solar rays!

We want to do our to reduce global warming

Our system is now complete in a very short time

Great installer; Completely satisfied with my system

Very satisfied with Solar 1 Electrical. The quoting was straightforward with Leah competently managing all aspects. We were a bit different in that I knew exactly what I wanted in terms of inverters (Enphase microinverters) since I had already had a similar system installed on another property. Solar 1 kept us fully informed of progress at all stages of the exercise. The crew that undertook the physical install were at all times courteous and good humoured.

There was a bit of a hiccup in that our roof is colorbond and at this time of the year it has moisture on it from either rain or dew or both for most of the day which makes it very slippery; this did increase the time taken a little.

Solar 1 organised the required statutory inspections and final activation of the system in a timely manner.

Great Service, quality install.

From the sales person to the install and final inspection all went smoothly. I ended up getting about 8 quotes, now they were not the cheapest of them all but that can be put down to differing parts be it panels and inverters. The thing that attracted me the most was they don't use contractors. Which i feel is probably the biggest downfall that and cheap inverter and panels. Im only a few days in after the inspection was done, surprisingly a lot sooner than expected. The system so far has performed well considering it is dead middle of winter with no sun out. Im sure will be great once the warmer months come along.

A very professional business

Solar 1 Electrical, from the sales process to the installation of the solar panel a very professional outfit that I would recommend to anyone.

Great to deal with, great install quality

We had Solar 1 Electrical recommended to us from family and friends. Leah at Solar 1 was awesome to deal with and knew the product and process very well which made the experience so easy. From start to finish Leah and the Solar 1 team were professional and great with communication.

Good on you Solar 1

Sales and quoting process was quick without fuss, although I wasn't present when installation occurred, my estate agent gave feedback from my tenant, that all went smoothly.

A great overall experience

After looking at 4 different companies we decide to go with Solar 1 Electrical. We narrowed it down to the Fronius inverter and the Sun Power panels. Leah was the first person we dealt with and we received regular follow ups and progress information. Both Leah and Cathy were very helpful initially, during and after the installation. The installation was carried out without any issues and the crew on both days were polite, knowledgeable and went over each item in detail. The final deciding factor for us in the end was based on the fact that they use their own people and do not subcontract, its a local business and they provided a competitive price. We would not hesitate to recommend them and we felt that we received a great service, good value for money for our Solar investment.

Quality company.

We did our research on panels and inverters and obtained 3 quotes. Solar1 Electrical provided the most comprehensive information and advice, they listened to what we wanted and gave us alternative suggestions and quotes. Leah was thorough and helpful and questions were answered promptly. Installation was professional and the team were exceptional. We are very happy with the service and advice and delighted that we chose Solar1 Electrical.

The process was seamless. Sales and design people kept us informed all the way through. Installed 19th March. Installers were very professional and very neat and tidy. Could not be happier.

As above everything was on time and seamless. Could not be more pleased. Rate Solar1 very high.

Excellent highly professional installation team

Excellent service from sales enquire, assistance with regulations, first class installation team of friendly expert professionals,and great assistance with final setup to grid connection.

A great solar connection team.

Thanks to you all,

Jan and Neil

Original Review on 12-10-2020:

Great system so far.

I did not have any dramas apart from a small brake down in communications.

I was expecting a call letting me know what day the next week my solar was to be installed, but got a call letting me know they were there to install the system.

Apart from that everything was fine, the system was inspected the next day, and I think I received confirmation of my solar being registered the following week.

The system seems to be producing a little more than expected. They even helped set up the online monitoring.

I ended up buying a better quality system than planed due to it not costing all that much more than a cheaper system.

5 months later we asked Lachlan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed about as expected, I have not had any problems with it so far.

The customer service was incredible!

I was thrilled with the end to end customer service provided by Solar1. I had so many questions as we wanted to really utilize our system for summer afternoons. Paul was fantastic in making this happen along with the fieldies. They were professional and easy to talk to, and the only company to come out and look at the site while quoting. One of the main reasons we picked Solar1 (as well as the competitive price) was the excellent customer service and being a local business.

Excellent and obliging people to deal with.

There is never a better time to have solar installed with Federal and State grants available with increasing energy prices. We found Solar 1 Electrical Pty Ltd. very helpful for us to achieve this, not only free quote by there sales representative but came to our home and suggested best options for alternate solar and prestige appearance. They where also prepared to negotiate. There financial administration also help with the Federal and State grants to a point were they did everything except, I only had to add a signature. They also organize grid connection with energy suppliers and final inspection.
Installation was very neat and thorough and would have a rating in my opinion of 10.
We are very pleased with our installation with Solar 1 Electrical. All we had to do was pay our account.
I normally do not do this sort of review as I don't believe it is necessary, but in this case when good workmanship and customer relationship is hard to find; it is easy to comment on excellent result.
Ian.

Job well done

Very pleased with the hole process. The quote was quick and professional. The girls were nothing but helpful. Installation went well. The installers were nice guys, tidy workers (no mess left behind) and polite. Connection went well. Very pleased as we are in credit now. No bill to pay it's great.

Original Review on 02-06-2020:

Excellent service.

The whole deal was great from beginning to end. The sales team were extremely knowledgeable and answered all our queries in a very professional manner. The installation team were fast, efficient and polite. The handover was seamless and the follow up has been good . We are extremely happy with the whole exercise. I would recommend Solar 1 to anybody that is looking to get a solar system. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Rod: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed admirably, enabling us to lower our energy bills effortlessly. An extra saving is our gas bill, which has halved as we use the reverse cycle aircon to warm the room. All in all, a most satisfactory outcome..

Original Review on 04-10-2020:

A less than friendly encounter.

Of the three quotes, one was placing the panels on the neighbour's roof and I chose the less expensive of the others. I used Solar Quotes' information and checklists to scrutinise the offer, but found the salesperson defensive, making passive-aggressive "courtesy calls" to the point where I was wishing that I had worked with the slightly more expensive firm whose contact person was relaxed, helpful and friendly.
The installation was satisfactory and the system seems to be running well.
As it turned out the installation was not fully completed, partly due to a misunderstanding on my part. When we got through the misunderstandings I admitted this and left the door open, as it were, for them to negotiate a resolution, but until the issue was taken up by Solar Quotes the matter remained unresolved.
Solar quotes put me in touch with the owner who promptly arranged for the completion. All is well now but I would not recommend this company in its present structure.

4 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We are very happy with our system. Thanks to the support we received from Solar Quotes we are able to monitor its performance in "real time" and can integrate the use of our appliances with the availability of solar energy and (at least now in Summer) get a credit balance on our power bills.

We are in a dusty location and have some concerns about the long-term effect on our panels. Should we clean them? If so how can we avoid damaging them and does the electricity pose a risk to us?

Thanks again Solar Quotes.
Peter & Robyn Watson

Original Review on 23-04-2020:

Hi whilst my solar has not yet been installed I am very happy with the service so far.
Happy friendly easy to speak too very organized. It has been a very easy process so far.
Thanks you for your help in finding the right company for me
Regards Anne.

9 months later we asked Anne: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I am so happy with everything the company that I choose from Finn's recommendations were excellent easy to deal with reliable had to book a couple of months ahead but they turned up on time on the day we selected all work was completed in minimal time .
Its only been 6 months however my bills have dropped dramatically.
One was $10 can't wait to see how it goes over summer.
Very very happy with whole process highly recommend getting solor .
And this service made it very easy for me .

Very happy

Very professional, came when they said they would & happy to answer questions. Would recommend . Well done

Fabulous

Smooth process from the initial visit until the installation of solar.
Price was competitive

Solar 1 the Professionals

From the outset Solar 1 were very helpful and professional - even though we are experiencing Covid-19 restrictions their rep visited us at home with the correct distancing and mask protocols being

Whenever we had contact by phone or email the arranged times were always met.

Installation was performed as planned and the guys were courteous and knew their stuff.

Grid connection is in process at the moment and all is progressing well.
We're happy with the whole involvement with Solar 1 and highly recommend them!

Quality panels, professional service

The quoting process was really easy. Happy to beat the price from their competitors. Installation was slightly delayed due to staffing issue which was beyond their control. The installation was done smoothly without issues. Overall very happy with the chosen panels and inverter, and I have no problem recommending this company.

Seamless Installation

Sales was helpful without being pushy.
Installation seamless.
Price reasonable.

Professional

Very professional, prompt and tidy. Still waiting to be shown how to monitor the system on my phone

Original Review on 03-09-2019:

Solar - quality system, great price and awesome service

Smooth and easy quotation process.
Timely reply and guidance through rebate applications.
Regular phone contact and customer service supports.

8 months later we asked Michelle: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Reduced energy bills
Flawless scheme
Increased house value

Fantastic solar system

We Settled on "Solar 1 Electrical" after much research on different suppliers and systems
Peter the owner came to our home spoke with us personally, carried out house/roof inspection to obtain accurate details. discussed options on various system types and was very responsive to my many questions. All other suppiiers would only speak over phone or email.
The Installation team (Steve and his mate) where fantastic very punctual, friendly and polite, the installation is very neat and tidy.
Very happy with final result.

Would Highly recommend "Solar 1 Electrical"

Original Review on 02-09-2019:

Trouble free purchase and installation.,

Very good service. Company rep came to check things out and discuss it all. Very smooth installation process. Left us with clear instructions re setting up app. Several things were discussed and questions answered. Company were prompt in attention to these Original ratings

8 months later we asked Carolyn: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, all going well and no power bills. Only issue was with powercor etc and getting it up and going. Also I have no idea of the credits and need to get back on to supplier to sort this out. The panels, company et c, no problems

Not installed as yet, waiting for reply to my email earlier this week to know if they are still operating.

Friendly staff, easy process, very satisfied!

Great service, friendly staff who know what they're talking about. The technicians who installed my system were very helpful and polite. Highly recommended!

Great Installer

The sales process was honest and open and included full installation with complete costs.
Installation was on time with team working as a cooperative unit and very friendly and explained things in layman's terms.
Customer service is excellent and thorough

Great solution for 2 phase setup

Solar 1 Electrical came up with a great solution for our 2 phase installation. Powercor were being quite restrictive with what we could install by we are very happy that we got the size system that we wanted.

Original Review on 27-04-2019:

8 months later we asked Des: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Absolutely!!

Great Installer. Friendly, Competent and knowledgeable.

First contact from the Sales/Customer service team was friendly, not too pushy and the right kind of persistent for me to keep the process rolling. After we had the quote come through, assistance with organising the government subsidy in Vic was appreciated, stepping through the process etc was fairly seamless.

Only a couple of hiccups with the installation, the first being that the panels and inverter quoted were not available (shortages), but these were supplemented with a satisfactory replacement, and ended up getting the original panels anyway, only the inverter switched from Fronius to SMA (I am not sure if this makes a huge difference overall). Had to reschedule the installation once but as I am pretty flexible was OK, they had poor weather on the day but seemed to push through. Three guys all worked on the installation, all were polite, cleaned up after themselves and did their job could not ask for more really .

Customer service so far has been great, notifications on the process etc, we are in the process of the grid connection, but so far seems to be progressing smoothly.

Over all, from the start until now I have been happy with the process and all contact I have had with the installer and I would recommend them to anyone.