Solar 1 Electrical Pty Ltd

Solar 1 Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

Solar 1 Electrical Pty Ltd is a Solar Power Installation company based in Eaglehawk and serves VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $3,750 - $7,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solar 1 Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews (88)

4.4/5

Solar 1 were absolutely fantastic to deal with

Couldn't have been happier with the service and professionalism all round. The office team (Cathy, Leah & Peter) kept me constantly in the loop with progress and guided us through the process, the installers (Simon and team) were prompt, gave me all the info needed, let me know when they were arriving and talked me through different options available. Super super happy with progress and now enjoying soaking up the solar rays!

We want to do our to reduce global warming

Our system is now complete in a very short time

Great installer; Completely satisfied with my system

Very satisfied with Solar 1 Electrical. The quoting was straightforward with Leah competently managing all aspects. We were a bit different in that I knew exactly what I wanted in terms of inverters (Enphase microinverters) since I had already had a similar system installed on another property. Solar 1 kept us fully informed of progress at all stages of the exercise. The crew that undertook the physical install were at all times courteous and good humoured.

There was a bit of a hiccup in that our roof is colorbond and at this time of the year it has moisture on it from either rain or dew or both for most of the day which makes it very slippery; this did increase the time taken a little.

Solar 1 organised the required statutory inspections and final activation of the system in a timely manner.

Great Service, quality install.

From the sales person to the install and final inspection all went smoothly. I ended up getting about 8 quotes, now they were not the cheapest of them all but that can be put down to differing parts be it panels and inverters. The thing that attracted me the most was they don't use contractors. Which i feel is probably the biggest downfall that and cheap inverter and panels. Im only a few days in after the inspection was done, surprisingly a lot sooner than expected. The system so far has performed well considering it is dead middle of winter with no sun out. Im sure will be great once the warmer months come along.

A very professional business

Solar 1 Electrical, from the sales process to the installation of the solar panel a very professional outfit that I would recommend to anyone.

Great to deal with, great install quality

We had Solar 1 Electrical recommended to us from family and friends. Leah at Solar 1 was awesome to deal with and knew the product and process very well which made the experience so easy. From start to finish Leah and the Solar 1 team were professional and great with communication.

Good on you Solar 1

Sales and quoting process was quick without fuss, although I wasn't present when installation occurred, my estate agent gave feedback from my tenant, that all went smoothly.

A great overall experience

After looking at 4 different companies we decide to go with Solar 1 Electrical. We narrowed it down to the Fronius inverter and the Sun Power panels. Leah was the first person we dealt with and we received regular follow ups and progress information. Both Leah and Cathy were very helpful initially, during and after the installation. The installation was carried out without any issues and the crew on both days were polite, knowledgeable and went over each item in detail. The final deciding factor for us in the end was based on the fact that they use their own people and do not subcontract, its a local business and they provided a competitive price. We would not hesitate to recommend them and we felt that we received a great service, good value for money for our Solar investment.

Good Job

We decided to add to our existing solar installation which is small & getting towards the end of its life, & went through Solar Quotes as we didn't know a great deal about who the better installers around Bendigo are.

On a side note we found the Solar Quotes website fantastic - it really assisted us to make informed decisions about which way to go with installers, panel location, system size/type, etc.

All three installers were great (prompt, knowledgeable & happy to help) & it was tough picking one. In the end we went with Solar 1 as they would do all of the work themselves (no subcontracting) & they had an emphasis on quality. They also happened to have the best price. All installers provided lots of different options/ideas.

We have an unusual setup - existing solar, weird roof design, full switchboard, etc & we also wanted the new solar system to be hardwired (not Wi-Fi). Solar 1 dealt with all of this well.

The only issues we encountered (all minor) were:
* A few mix-ups with export limiting being incorrectly nominated on some of our paperwork (sorted pretty quickly though).
* The panels were installed too close to the edge of the roof making it unsafe to walk around that side of the panels now. Our instructions must have been misunderstood.
* We had to cut off some of the excess aluminium brackets on the roof to reduce future tripping hazards.
* We rerouted the Ethernet cable under the house to get it out of harm's way.
* We had to reinstall some insulation & remove some scrap from inside the roof.

A lot of people probably don't get up their roofs, inside their roofs or under their houses, but we need to from time to time.

The rest of the job was excellent & Solar 1 even asked us for our feedback at the end which we think proves that they care about the quality of their work & reputation.

Very professional

Overall the service was great
Able to keep us informed with all details and process of installation
Happy to recommend

Quality company.

We did our research on panels and inverters and obtained 3 quotes. Solar1 Electrical provided the most comprehensive information and advice, they listened to what we wanted and gave us alternative suggestions and quotes. Leah was thorough and helpful and questions were answered promptly. Installation was professional and the team were exceptional. We are very happy with the service and advice and delighted that we chose Solar1 Electrical.

The process was seamless. Sales and design people kept us informed all the way through. Installed 19th March. Installers were very professional and very neat and tidy. Could not be happier.

As above everything was on time and seamless. Could not be more pleased. Rate Solar1 very high.

Excellent highly professional installation team

Excellent service from sales enquire, assistance with regulations, first class installation team of friendly expert professionals,and great assistance with final setup to grid connection.

A great solar connection team.

Thanks to you all,

Jan and Neil

Original Review on 12-10-2020:

Great system so far.

I did not have any dramas apart from a small brake down in communications.

I was expecting a call letting me know what day the next week my solar was to be installed, but got a call letting me know they were there to install the system.

Apart from that everything was fine, the system was inspected the next day, and I think I received confirmation of my solar being registered the following week.

The system seems to be producing a little more than expected. They even helped set up the online monitoring.

I ended up buying a better quality system than planed due to it not costing all that much more than a cheaper system.

5 months later we asked Lachlan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed about as expected, I have not had any problems with it so far.

The customer service was incredible!

I was thrilled with the end to end customer service provided by Solar1. I had so many questions as we wanted to really utilize our system for summer afternoons. Paul was fantastic in making this happen along with the fieldies. They were professional and easy to talk to, and the only company to come out and look at the site while quoting. One of the main reasons we picked Solar1 (as well as the competitive price) was the excellent customer service and being a local business.

Excellent and obliging people to deal with.

There is never a better time to have solar installed with Federal and State grants available with increasing energy prices. We found Solar 1 Electrical Pty Ltd. very helpful for us to achieve this, not only free quote by there sales representative but came to our home and suggested best options for alternate solar and prestige appearance. They where also prepared to negotiate. There financial administration also help with the Federal and State grants to a point were they did everything except, I only had to add a signature. They also organize grid connection with energy suppliers and final inspection.
Installation was very neat and thorough and would have a rating in my opinion of 10.
We are very pleased with our installation with Solar 1 Electrical. All we had to do was pay our account.
I normally do not do this sort of review as I don't believe it is necessary, but in this case when good workmanship and customer relationship is hard to find; it is easy to comment on excellent result.
Ian.

Job well done

Very pleased with the hole process. The quote was quick and professional. The girls were nothing but helpful. Installation went well. The installers were nice guys, tidy workers (no mess left behind) and polite. Connection went well. Very pleased as we are in credit now. No bill to pay it's great.

Original Review on 02-06-2020:

Excellent service.

The whole deal was great from beginning to end. The sales team were extremely knowledgeable and answered all our queries in a very professional manner. The installation team were fast, efficient and polite. The handover was seamless and the follow up has been good . We are extremely happy with the whole exercise. I would recommend Solar 1 to anybody that is looking to get a solar system. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Rod: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed admirably, enabling us to lower our energy bills effortlessly. An extra saving is our gas bill, which has halved as we use the reverse cycle aircon to warm the room. All in all, a most satisfactory outcome..

Original Review on 04-10-2020:

A less than friendly encounter.

Of the three quotes, one was placing the panels on the neighbour's roof and I chose the less expensive of the others. I used Solar Quotes' information and checklists to scrutinise the offer, but found the salesperson defensive, making passive-aggressive "courtesy calls" to the point where I was wishing that I had worked with the slightly more expensive firm whose contact person was relaxed, helpful and friendly.
The installation was satisfactory and the system seems to be running well.
As it turned out the installation was not fully completed, partly due to a misunderstanding on my part. When we got through the misunderstandings I admitted this and left the door open, as it were, for them to negotiate a resolution, but until the issue was taken up by Solar Quotes the matter remained unresolved.
Solar quotes put me in touch with the owner who promptly arranged for the completion. All is well now but I would not recommend this company in its present structure.

4 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We are very happy with our system. Thanks to the support we received from Solar Quotes we are able to monitor its performance in "real time" and can integrate the use of our appliances with the availability of solar energy and (at least now in Summer) get a credit balance on our power bills.

We are in a dusty location and have some concerns about the long-term effect on our panels. Should we clean them? If so how can we avoid damaging them and does the electricity pose a risk to us?

Thanks again Solar Quotes.
Peter & Robyn Watson

Original Review on 23-04-2020:

Hi whilst my solar has not yet been installed I am very happy with the service so far.
Happy friendly easy to speak too very organized. It has been a very easy process so far.
Thanks you for your help in finding the right company for me
Regards Anne.

9 months later we asked Anne: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I am so happy with everything the company that I choose from Finn's recommendations were excellent easy to deal with reliable had to book a couple of months ahead but they turned up on time on the day we selected all work was completed in minimal time .
Its only been 6 months however my bills have dropped dramatically.
One was $10 can't wait to see how it goes over summer.
Very very happy with whole process highly recommend getting solor .
And this service made it very easy for me .

Very happy

Very professional, came when they said they would & happy to answer questions. Would recommend . Well done

Fabulous

Smooth process from the initial visit until the installation of solar.
Price was competitive

Solar 1 the Professionals

From the outset Solar 1 were very helpful and professional - even though we are experiencing Covid-19 restrictions their rep visited us at home with the correct distancing and mask protocols being

Whenever we had contact by phone or email the arranged times were always met.

Installation was performed as planned and the guys were courteous and knew their stuff.

Grid connection is in process at the moment and all is progressing well.
We're happy with the whole involvement with Solar 1 and highly recommend them!

Quality panels, professional service

The quoting process was really easy. Happy to beat the price from their competitors. Installation was slightly delayed due to staffing issue which was beyond their control. The installation was done smoothly without issues. Overall very happy with the chosen panels and inverter, and I have no problem recommending this company.

Seamless Installation

Sales was helpful without being pushy.
Installation seamless.
Price reasonable.

Professional

Very professional, prompt and tidy. Still waiting to be shown how to monitor the system on my phone

Original Review on 03-09-2019:

Solar - quality system, great price and awesome service

Smooth and easy quotation process.
Timely reply and guidance through rebate applications.
Regular phone contact and customer service supports.

8 months later we asked Michelle: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Reduced energy bills
Flawless scheme
Increased house value

Fantastic solar system

We Settled on "Solar 1 Electrical" after much research on different suppliers and systems
Peter the owner came to our home spoke with us personally, carried out house/roof inspection to obtain accurate details. discussed options on various system types and was very responsive to my many questions. All other suppiiers would only speak over phone or email.
The Installation team (Steve and his mate) where fantastic very punctual, friendly and polite, the installation is very neat and tidy.
Very happy with final result.

Would Highly recommend "Solar 1 Electrical"

Original Review on 02-09-2019:

Trouble free purchase and installation.,

Very good service. Company rep came to check things out and discuss it all. Very smooth installation process. Left us with clear instructions re setting up app. Several things were discussed and questions answered. Company were prompt in attention to these Original ratings

8 months later we asked Carolyn: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, all going well and no power bills. Only issue was with powercor etc and getting it up and going. Also I have no idea of the credits and need to get back on to supplier to sort this out. The panels, company et c, no problems

Not installed as yet, waiting for reply to my email earlier this week to know if they are still operating.

Friendly staff, easy process, very satisfied!

Great service, friendly staff who know what they're talking about. The technicians who installed my system were very helpful and polite. Highly recommended!

Great Installer

The sales process was honest and open and included full installation with complete costs.
Installation was on time with team working as a cooperative unit and very friendly and explained things in layman's terms.
Customer service is excellent and thorough

Great solution for 2 phase setup

Solar 1 Electrical came up with a great solution for our 2 phase installation. Powercor were being quite restrictive with what we could install by we are very happy that we got the size system that we wanted.

Original Review on 27-04-2019:

8 months later we asked Des: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Absolutely!!

Great Installer. Friendly, Competent and knowledgeable.

First contact from the Sales/Customer service team was friendly, not too pushy and the right kind of persistent for me to keep the process rolling. After we had the quote come through, assistance with organising the government subsidy in Vic was appreciated, stepping through the process etc was fairly seamless.

Only a couple of hiccups with the installation, the first being that the panels and inverter quoted were not available (shortages), but these were supplemented with a satisfactory replacement, and ended up getting the original panels anyway, only the inverter switched from Fronius to SMA (I am not sure if this makes a huge difference overall). Had to reschedule the installation once but as I am pretty flexible was OK, they had poor weather on the day but seemed to push through. Three guys all worked on the installation, all were polite, cleaned up after themselves and did their job could not ask for more really .

Customer service so far has been great, notifications on the process etc, we are in the process of the grid connection, but so far seems to be progressing smoothly.

Over all, from the start until now I have been happy with the process and all contact I have had with the installer and I would recommend them to anyone.

Original Review on 02-04-2019:

I chose this company for various reasons including that a person came to speak with me personally and do a house/roof inspection to obtain accurate details. Other companies asked me to climb a ladder, take roof pics & then send them through to obtain a quote, which I thought was poor customer service.

While there are various ins and outs to getting solar on, the company I chose were extremely helpful and explained everything each time another matter arose.

8 months later we asked Ken: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. Very happy with the system

Excellent process and install

Great consultation and quotation process, good support through the application process, and an amazing job on the actual install.

Original Review on 14-03-2019:

Solar 1 Electrical were very informative and answered all our needs, nothing was to much trouble and helped us through the rebate process doing most of the paperwork for us. Original ratings

Quality of System: N/A
Installation: N/A

8 months later we asked Graeme: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Certainly very happy with our choice of unit and provider. Thank you for providing information and help in recommending installers as we were new to this area and were totally naive in regards to solar.

Original Review on 06-11-2018:

Two quotes involved a visit to my home. The other was based on a phone discussion only.
Solar 1 seemed to listen to me the most. The other two were interested in dealing with my electrical needs now - whereas Solar 1 actually listened when I talked about future needs and what sort of system I was actually after. Solar 1 and I had a sensible discussion about meeting my needs/wants - whereas I felt a bit "bulldozed" by the other two and they proposed systems they wanted to install rather than what I wanted.
They all pretty much offered recommended panels (from your list) and a Fronius Inverter. Solar 1 gave me the option of Solaredge DC optimisers and a Solaredge inverter for not much more than the plain-vanilla no optimisers and Fronius Inverter option.

Installation: N/A

11 months later we asked Stephen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes - it has absolutely performed to my expectations. I import far less power now than I did before solar as well as getting a credit for the power I export to the grid. I'm not sure yet - but I think I may be able to effectively get free power all year by pre-purchasing power (and monthly fixed charges) from my excessive summer credits to pay for the "shortfall" between credits and charges in winter. It hasn't quite been a year yet - so I'm not sure how close it'll be to effectively having free power all year.

I have effectively stopped using gas as a result of the solar system as well. I replaced the old gas storage HWS with a Heat-Pump Storage HWS that is timed to come on when the sun is shining. Even in the depths of a Ballarat winter - the solar system supplied enough power to effectively give me free hot water. The Heat Pump system only draws 1kW whilst running. Summer will be no problem at all. During winter, the Heat Pump HWS only costs about 35 cents/day in foregone feed-in tariffs. In summer, with higher input water temperatures and less overall hot water consumption, that foregone revenue will be considerably less than 35 cents/day. I've also replaced the gas cooktop with an induction cooktop (which uses a lot less power than I thought it would). Any cooking during daylight hours is effectively free also (especially good on weekends).

My only problem has nothing to do with the inverter or panels per se., rather with the grid voltages. During certain times of the day, the grid AC voltage rises significantly (sometimes up to 255 or 256 Volts). The inverter throttles back its output during the periods of higher voltages meaning I don't get the full benefit of the system. Some days are worse than others - whereas some days there's no problem at all.

excellent service

Excellent customer focus from quotation to installation and follow up with my retailer

Fantastic Installer, Brilliant Service, Outstanding Installation.

They were simply brilliant. Requested a quote. They came out quickly and suggested options appropriate for my property.

Price was competitive. Brands were top of the range. From start to finish they were professional.

Happy Days
There was a glitch with 2 inverters not communicating together. Installation was completed and they were back in a week to fix the issue.
I spent some time researching the solar panels story thanks to information from your business and other information I was able to gather
I feel I have a system that suits my needs and cost.

The time that I put into the research was well worth it there is no doubt that it can be a bit confusing when you first start the process
but I felt I had obtained enough information to make my decision.

John Ayres

Original Review on 22-10-2018:

8 months later we asked Mike: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

In the summer - great.
Winter in Victoria - drastically reduced. Presume the system is ok and its just the time of year.
Dealing with Clinton and the installers at Solar1 Electrical was a pleasure. The whole project was swift and hassle free and I would happily recommend them to anyone looking for solar. I did my research and I was confident that I was getting the quality panels, inverter and workmanship at a good price. No pressure, no rush either. I also really liked that Clinton visited my place after the installation (not just before when trying to gain your business) and helped me navigate the Vic gov solar rebate bureaucracy. Excellent customer service.
I had done a reasonable amount of research before obtaining 4 quotes from local installers.Out of the 4 companies Peter from Solar 1 was the only one that offered to visit us on site and discuss our requirements.Contacted Solar 1 on Monday 4th march Peter was able to see us that afternoon.Wednesday 6th they had followed up with 3 different options.
Wednesday 13th after reviewing all the suppliers quotes we decided to go with Solar 1. Two weeks later our 10KW system had been completed with no hassles - no fuss - and
most of all no rubbish left behind. Thanks to Peter and all the team at Solar 1 for a totally professional job from start to finish.
I was pleased that not only a rep came and seen us but he was a part owner of the company. system was installed in 3 weeks and the follow up was fantastic I would recommend them to anyone. a little bit dearer but what the hell service is what its about cheers Russell