Solarblu

Solarblu Reviews

4.2

Based on 47 ratings  - Aus Ranking

Solarblu is a Solar Power Installation business situated in Dapto NSW. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $4,240 - $6,704 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solarblu Reviews (47)

Leapton

Inverter Brand

Very good service so far.

The sales and quoting process was quick and straight forward. I talked to the owner of the business at his office before signing. The installation was completed within 2 weeks and the installers were polite and informative. All paper work was submitted.
Hide Philip's Comment

$6,000 to $8,000

Cost

Leapton LR158 -M-60-H 330W (Other)

Original Review on 07-06-2020:

Impressive Installer with friendly and competent staff

I received details of three installers from Solar Quotes and I had kept details of another, SolarBlu and another from a local business publication which circulates locally. I rang SolarBlu and a face to face meeting at my home was organised three days later, this during the Covid 19 crisis, my quote, received two days later, was for a 6.6kw/hr system. My installation was done only about ten days after I received my quote and the install team arrived on time, were friendly and helpful and had the job done by mid afternoon. My new system replaced an older 3kw/hr system where the original panels were mounted in a somewhat untidy patchwork appearance. Andrew, the installer, managed to position the new panels in a much improved eye pleasing pattern. Good on you Andrew for the neat job. Customer service was great, SolarBlu looked after all the paperwork with AGL leaving me with nothing to do. They also removed and disposed of all my old panels and Inverter at no charge to me. I know not all are prepared to do this without charge. SolarBlu install Growatt Inverters, an entry level Inverter. My issue with Growatt is the difficulty in reading it when in direct sunlight, you have to wait until shaded or use the App provided by Growatt. The App is not an easy install for everyone. SolarBlu were very helpful to me assisting with getting the App up and running.

Follow Up Review on 06-02-2021:

About eight months since install I have to say I am happy with my system and I have not experienced any problems. When we are fortunate enough to get some long sunny days, which is not always the case when living on the Illawarra coast, my best output has been 44kw/hr in a day, and except for last winter when I ran my airconditioning system on the heating cycle for lengthy periods, my last two electricity accounts have put me in credit, exactly where I sought to be.
Hide William's Comment

Leapton (Other)

Original Review on 13-03-2020:

Great installer. Easy process.

Very pleased with the overall experience. They listened to what I needed and quoted on a system suitable for my needs. Once I was happy with the quote and decided to proceed the installation was arranged in a few days and completed very smoothly. All of the necessary grid connections were arranged and all I had to do was let my energy provider know for them to configure the meter for the feed in.

Follow Up Review on 13-11-2020:

System is performing as expected and producing enough power to cover our bills. No issues.
Hide Dale's Comment

Inverter Brand

Affordable, Professional, Knowledgeable and Easy Going.

From the quote to follow up to install to all customer relations I have nothing but praise from SolarBlu. These guys ran a tidy tight ship and there isn't a single bad thing I could say. They really went above and beyond what my expectations were and if you are looking to install solar keep it local and use these guys! Cheers.
Hide Alex's Comment

2/5

BLD Solar

Original Review on 03-12-2019:

Buy local

Donna was good
Install was quick but panels weren’t clean

Follow Up Review on 03-08-2020:

Bills are down
Hide Dean's Comment

Great experience

Solarblu were great from the moment I rang up to get a quote to installation. Everyone that works there is polite, professional and extremely knowledgeable. I can highly recommend them from quote to price to installation to customer service overall.
Hide Chantal's Comment

1/5

$8,000 to $10,000

Sunpower

No after sales service

Installation and lead up to it were fine. Had problems with datalogger after installation. After initially trying to fix it they said they would come back. Waited a number of weeks then sent him text message, voicemail message and went to the office. They just refused to contact me. They are not as helpful after he has your money. They have good reviews but those people probably didn't need follow up help.

Csun (Other)

Goodwe

Original Review on 13-06-2019:

They were prompt and very helpful in giving us a quote. They matched the best price from other national suppliers and installed within a week. We were up and running within two weeks. We would recommend them to anyone looking for a good supplier.

Follow Up Review on 13-02-2020:

Well above expectations, we are producing 4x more than we use, being only the two of us. Would highly recommend solar to anyone thinking of it.
Hide Les and Julie's Comment

Great service, very knowledgeable

Never an issue with this company, always friendly and good installation experience.
Hide Robert's Comment

BYD

Solar

I got solar panels on my roof and an inverter.
Hide Michelle's Comment

unknown (Other)

Sungrow

Original Review on 11-03-2019:

Your help and information via your write ups and videos were invaluable and I thank you for that. The people that you put me in touch with were very professional.

Installation: N/A

Follow Up Review on 03-12-2019:

yes, it has outperformed my origanal system which it replaced
Hide Gavin's Comment

$2,000 to $4,000

Happy customer

My name is Max, my second bill came in at $7.90. Prior to my install it was around $180.
I'm so impressed with the quality and installation, I'm purchasing a second system for my family.
Thanks Phil and the boys, well done.
Hide Max's Comment

Cost

Peter at solarblu was helpful and got me a number of quotes to suit my budget. I feel that his prices are more pricey compared to the bigger companies offering cheap 6.6kw but I would rather pay the extra in hope the materials used are better quality. I was feeling happy with my decision till I recently found out that the panels and inverter being fitted are different to what I have been quoted. I am now unsure if I should look at finding someone else or just stick with solarblu.

Cost

I am still awaiting AGL to instal the smart meter.

Cost

I believe Solarblu were previously part of the SolarQuotes network and are currently getting back into the network at the moment. I was surprised that the owner of the business turned up to give us the quote, not some hopeful sales person. He was flexible with the components used, gave us a great price and was open to haggling. Wasn’t the cheapest one to start with but was the best value by far.

I just pushed the button on it last night but here’s hoping things stay good.

SolarQuotes has been awesome all way with all the info - I don’t research anywhere else due to the level of transparency employed by these guys.
Hide Nathan's Comment

LG

Original Review on 11-04-2016:

Value for money and quality of system only time will tell

Follow Up Review on 11-12-2016:

yes happy with the outcome
Hide Bill's Comment

Canadian Solar Inc

Original Review on 02-10-2015:

Installers made a very good effort to orientate the panels to achieve best power output.

Follow Up Review on 02-06-2016:

Yes. Would be interested in battery storage, once they become an economical propoosition
Hide Peter's Comment

Cost

250 watt Matrix poly panels (Other)

Original Review on 11-05-2015:

Since i had the system installed, in early April. we have had a lot of bad weather and also Origin have not been made aware of my solar panels yet, so I am unable to commemt on the (hopefully) positive effects my panels are providing.

Follow Up Review on 11-01-2016:

I beleive so...

Trina

SMA

Original Review on 08-05-2015:

Solarblu very competitive company willing to match other companies pricing, excellent installation completed within 2 weeks and very professional tradesmen used for installation, system working very good.

Follow Up Review on 10-01-2016:

Yes system is working well with no problems

Cost

The salesperson took the time to explain what I would get for the money (low cost vs quality) and I thought he was credible. There were no hassles with anything and the installation went smoothly.
Hide Iain's Comment

Cost

Seems to be taking ages to get paperwork in to get onto the solar database to have our meter changed.
Hide Matthew's Comment

$10,000 to $15,000

Cost

The quote given by the Mark Group was written on a scrap of paper down the side and the sales rep was not very helpful. I found his presentation of the product to be unenthusiastic or informative. We are spending a lot of money and would have expected a much better attitude.

Andrew from Solar Blu was friendly and very informative and took his time to get us exactly what we wanted so we went with that offer.

The woman from the other place called me initially in the first couple of days but then nothing for 3 weeks by which time we has purchased with Solar Blu.

Thank you for arranging the quotes for us. It made the process much simpler and easy.
Hide Robyn's Comment

Cost

Salesman was willing to answer all our questions and take time to explain the different choices. The installer was an excellent tradesman, and took care to do a good job.
Hide Michael's Comment

Cost

Solarblu were professional and quick to supply and install system. It was planned to be installed late January 2015 but was brought forward and installed a week before Christmas 2014. So far the 3kw solar system has performed well.
Hide Gary's Comment

Cost

All very good, we are just waiting on a gadget that the salesperson promised would be given to us. They were very good and installed the system FAST!
Hide Monique's Comment

Cost

In the end I came up with my best 2 quotes and then submitted them to you to check out. You reported that they were both good companies to deal with. The inverters were the same. (Enphase 250's) and the only difference was the panels. (Canadian Solar over Trina honey) You said that the difference between the 2 systems was not worth worring about so I went for the local (to me) company. Also the Rep from SolarBLU spent 2 hours at my home explaining things while the others were all done over the phone or net. Thanks for your imput. It saved me ending up with Tier 3 panels and a worse system. I now tell everyone I hear of interested in Solar to contact you guys.
Bruce
Hide Bruce's Comment

Cost

Did not install in location as quoted.
Did not connect to home power as promised - now have an aerial conduit where all previous cabling to house has been underground. Not thrilled with this solution.

Cost

I'm beginning to regret going small and local instead of a larger franchise because of installation delays and the fear that warranty and follow up service may be similarly tardy.
Hide Will's Comment

Cost

Very nice to deal with, Phil explained the system very clearly.
Hide Wilma's Comment

Cost

Solarblu went the extra three yards. I had many difficult questions about the different types of system configurations available, installation process, system monitoring, expected payback period and power generation.

Solarblu spent many hours with me to work through all of my concerns, questions and calculations (other suppliers lost interest when I was not warming to the systems that they wanted me to have).

I have 12 Canadian Solar panels each fitted with Enecsys micro-inverters on my roof. The Enecsys wireless monitoring system means that I can check individual panel performance at any time. This makes me feel very comfortable about knowing that I can monitor system performance throughout the 25 year warranty period.

Warm friendly service and great communication. I have learnt a lot about solar power generation !!
Hide Mark's Comment

1.5kW

Cost

The team from Solarblu where very professional the installation was completed in a day with no mess and no fuss.
Hide Alleyn's Comment

Cost

Phil Symon, from Solar Blu was really great to deal with. He kept me informed on what was happening. Phil, took time, explained everything (not pushy salesman in any way) and showed the benefits of the solar system they would fit and how to monitor the Enecsys micro inverters .
I would recommend Solar Blu to any one who is putting on solar power.
Hide Wayne's Comment