ECG Electrical

ECG Electrical Reviews

ECG Electrical is a Solar Power Installation company based in Canberra and serves ACT. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $4,498 - $9,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

ECG Electrical Reviews (207)

Fantastic to deal with and Craig was very good at stepping through the process

ECG Electrical were really good through out the process and one of their senior directors was the main contact once the quote was accepted and the deposit paid for.

Quality v quantity.

The bosses were very informative about the system I thought I needed and explained the pros and cons of panels and inverters. I already had some ideas of solar but found your blogs etc very informative. I was recommended this supplier from another person who is using them and was very pleased with their attitude and experience.

Good customer interaction

I had my system installed by ECG under the ACT Sustainable zero interest loan scheme. I originally received a quote from ECG for a 6.6 kW 18 panel system in March 2021, but was holding off until the ACT zero interest scheme started. Knowing I'd eventually install a solar system, I arranged for a no cost upgrade to a smart meter in April 2021.

When the ACT scheme started I decided to add a battery to the install. ECG were one of the approved companies for the scheme.

They re-quoted and answered my questions so I could easily understand. I'm sure they are asked similar questions all the time. I decided ECG were my preferred installer. I completed all the zero interest loan paperwork then received an install date. Two days before install, the ACT went into a long lockdown. Early September ECG made contact and the system was installed on 20 September.

The installation went flawlessly. They arrived on time and were finished with the system generating electricity by 4:30 pm. The installation team were hard working, courteous, and did a very good job. They left the place clean and tidy.

The installation was done on the last day of my billing cycle so I was able to do some comparisons. Even though I have an 8 cent feed-in tariff, my December bill was in credit, due mainly to the 10.7kWh battery system.

Friendly and efficient service.

Installed the system at very short notice. Punctual. Good service. Excellent follow up. Very tidy, didn’t leave a mess behind.

Really good customer service and expertise

We have not had our system installed yet, but have signed the contract. Very happy with the quoting process, the salesperson was very knowledgeable about all the options and variations we could choose, as well as answering some questions I had about different ways to arrange the panels. Not the cheapest system we had quoted, but from reaching out to my contacts in the industry, it appears that these guys are using the better type of inverters and panels, and the system overall seems to be a very good quality and appropriately scoped product for our needs.

Original Review on 31-03-2021:

A very good system for a very good price.

Very prompt, informative and helpful service. A better system at a lower price than from other companies. Installation was on time and trouble free. The performance of the system since installation is fully meeting our expectations. I also appreciated the lack of any sales pressure or attempts to persuade from the representatives of this company. Original ratings

9 months later we asked Bob: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

9 months after installation, the system as whole continues to perform to expectations. I am very satisfied with the system.

Original Review on 02-06-2021:

ECG Electrical Solar Installation

Quote and sales were excellent. Installation was on time (early in fact) and tidy. ECG organised the electricity provider to install a new smart meter and master switch. Original ratings

6 months later we asked Wayne : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Completely met expectations regarding generation, self-consumption and rebate credits.

Fantastic customer service, very happy with installation

The sales/quoting process was great, I had a couple of placement changes and many questions, nothing seemed to be a problem. The installation was very professional. Turned up on time, cleaning up and very polite. The customer service was excellent by all.

Original Review on 25-03-2021:

Easy quoting and install process

All our dealings with ECG were good. All dealings with ECG were pleasant, punctual and the site was left clean and tidy. ECG have been very easy to deal with. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Jenny: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Original Review on 23-03-2021:

Brilliant installation and advice

The decision to install solar was assisted enormously by the guidance, sound advice and experience of ECG Electrical. Their reps and their installers were efficient, knowledgeable and patient with us. The installation itself went as planned and was remarkably uneventful. ECG's warning about the addictiveness of its monitoring software has proven true and we waste a lot of time watching numbers on a screen go up and down! Would highly recomme3nd any who are hesitating to get solar on and for those on the ACT region, strongly recommend ECG. We are much less complimentary about the local wholesale distributor, Essential Energy, who are slow and rather rigid in their requirements regarding connecting solar to their managed grid. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Roger: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed flawlessly and has exceeded our expectations by a considerable margin.

ECG very professional install

ECG's prompt response Inc helpful and professional service led me to use them. Sure they weren't the cheapest but a cheap price wasn't my top priority... All necessary EVO and ACTEW visits were all organised by ECG.

Original Review on 07-03-2021:

Easy from quote to installation

Very happy. A very good value system. Installed on the date promised. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Chris: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Bills have been greatly reduced. Looking forward to seeing the bills after a full summer though.

Great service, good quality kit, and a great team

Considering the whole pandemic situation the process was a bit drawn out but ended well and we have no complaints.

ECG Electrical were not included in the 3 quotes my wife received. All of them were well laid out with plenty of detailed information and the respective companies were prepared to answer all of our questions and proposed very similar solutions. There was a little bit of "sales pressure" to sign but with lockdowns in place and installation schedules put on hold we used the time to do some additional research into what was offered.

In the end we decided that a solution with Optimisers really wasn't necessary or good value plus I wanted an Inverter with an API accessible over my LAN such that I'd not be dependent on a cloud based monitoring solution. At the same time one of our sons chose ECG Electrical out of his 3 quotes to install a system so I got the opportunity to see it all happen.

Having seen the quality of the work first hand we requested a quote from ECG Electrical but due the ACT Outbreak there was no opportunity to do a site inspection or discuss our requirements face to face ... it was all done via email however having been through 3 site inspections/discussions previously we had a pretty good idea what details and photos to provide.

ECG Electrical provided a quote consistent with our son's installation so we accepted it, paid the deposit and scheduled a date hoping the ACT Lockdown would end in time. A week out from the install date ECG requested permission to break the installation into two parts ... Inverter and AC cabling a few days early followed by Panels and DC cabling on the agreed date.

Needless to say the teams arrived as planned, did the work and left with a minimum of fuss, which was important to us as we were "working from home" at the time and needed to plan being without power. There was an official "handover" later in the day which was a great opportunity to meet one of the Directors and discuss the finer details of what had been installed. The "handover" probably took a bit longer than expected as I'd previously not mentioned my background in Electrical Engineering.

All the necessary paperwork was submitted by ECG and we have been notified of the date for our meter upgrade such that feed in tariffs can be applied correctly.

I would recommend ECG and use them again if I have the opportunity.

Original Review on 10-02-2021:

Very happy with ECG

ECG were great, very thorough from quote to installation, they did everything involved including registering warranties, grid connection, smart meter and set up the tracking app. Very professional team would recommend, we are very happy with our system. Thanls to solar quotes we were armed with the right info and questions to ask. Original ratings

9 months later we asked Kristine: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System is great we have saved money over winter by switching from gas, now coming into summer we run our power guzzling pool filter while making our own power, couldn't be happier no issues with our system all running well

Original Review on 03-04-2021:

Pleasant, professional, and reassuring

I found ECG very comfortable and easy to work with from the start. I never felt like I was being "sold to" and was glad the people involved in the inspections and quoting process were technicians, not sales reps.
The process from start to finish was stress free and all my (many) questions were answered promptly and happily. The install was done professionally and looks great, and ECG have great after-care and advice. Couldn't be happier.

7 months later we asked Aaron: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, it's been great in the 12 months since. No issues and I still regularly admire it

We had a great experience with ECG

We had a great experience with ECG. They provided a competitive quote, worked with me to achieve a good rooftop layout and answered all of my technical questions (I had many!). After a slight delay with starting due to COVID lockdown, the team of ECG installers turned up on time and worked hard to finish the job in one day. They sorted out some rooftop challenges on the spot and delivered a professional and tidy installation. The system handover and follow up support was excellent.

We had on oversized 10kw Trina panel system fitted on tilt frames (due to our flat roof), paired with an 8kw SolarEdge inverter plus a SolarEdge "Smart Energy Hot Water" controller unit to power our stored water boiler with any excess energy.

The system performs beyond our expectations - even on cloudy days. We're very happy with the end result and highly recommend ECG.

Great system and service

Brilliant experience from start to finish. Answered every question I had. Went above and beyond. Solar already making a noticeable difference.

Awesome customer service

The people at CGE electrical where ver y professional from the quote through to installation they did everything from instal through to grid connection it was a very easy process would recommend them 10/10

Excellent system and very good installation

We chose this installer after comparing prices from four installers, and references about their work. ECG was the cheapest among the local installers, and we had a very constructive discussion on the choice of the optimum size, panel manufacturer, and the way of installation. One other installer from another city offered lower price, but the references about the quality of work of its contractors in Canberra were unfavorable, so we decided to stay away from them and go with ECG instead. The installation was a bit challenging because of the design of our house, but the ECG guys handled it well. Now, 16 months after the installation, we are very happy with the choice of the installer and the components. The system works as expected, without any problems so far, and our goal of getting zero-cost electricity is fulfilled.

Original Review on 03-02-2021:

Good quality and service

The installers were punctual, polite, tidy and followed up with any queries. They helped with the grid connection and advised on the use of the App. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Helen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, but I am unsure what I should expect in terms of reduction in my electricity bill.

On time, courteous, informative

Quotes service was quick and courteous.

Installation went smoothly. Arrive on time, very efficient.

Customer service exceptional. Identified an issue in my electrical system and were quick to inform me. Proceeded with professionalism and expertise. In process of organising grid connection.

I highly recommended ECG Electrical team

Great service, very happy with installation

Great service and installation was quick and very well done. Could not be happier with the whole process.

Original Review on 24-12-2020:

Informed salesperson

Awaiting install soon, salesperson/electrician came out and was able to answer all of our questions confidently and in a manner that was easy to understand. Very friendly too. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Ross: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, it's performing well.

Original Review on 09-12-2020:

Great service & product. The team were awesome to deal with.

I am happy with all aspects of the service. Great service & product. The team were awesome to deal with. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Derek: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, very happy with the system & installer.

All round great experience

From sales to installation they de bunked all the techno speak so I could make a decision on what suited my small property and at a budget that suited me.

Great installation and follow up service

The quoting process was very good all my questions were well addressed. Documentation was good and easy to understand.

Installation was on the agreed date no delays, very efficient and professional.

Arrangements have been made for new smart metering to be installed including grid connect by ActewAGL and required ACT Government system inspections.

After sales service has been excellent. There has been an issue with the Redback battery system which is being addressed in a timely and efficient manner.

Original Review on 27-11-2020:

Great all round customer experience

Two representatives called to do an inspection and quote. They were very personable and knowledgeable. After receiving the quotation I sent numerous follow-up emails asking questions which they answered very promptly. The installation went seamlessly. The team arrived at the time they advised 7:30 am and were finished and the system generating electricity by 3:30 pm The installation team were courteous, hard working and did a fantastic job. They only broke 2 roof tiles and replaced them with spares I’d provided. Talking to friends who’d had other companies install their systems they experienced a lot more breakages. One of the management team called around the following day to provide information on the operation of the system and to ensure we were comfortable with using the application that monitors the system. As part of their service ECG will monitor the system during its life to ensure ongoing efficiency. ECG also organised connection to the grid. I would highly recommend ECG to anyone wanting to install a solar system. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Stuart: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

So far I haven't paid for electricity since the system was installed last November. This is wonderful seeing we are using three inverter air-conditioners to heat the house. I anticipate having to pay $200 to $300 next bill but for 12 months that's pretty fantastic. With the coming year, as we should be generating a good amount electricity during September and October, i image next year's outcome could even be better.

Professional Installation

The ECG Company rep attended site to inspect my property before providing their quote. He was punctual, professional & had good industry & product knowledge. I opted to include the Enviroheat heat pump HWS with my solar installation. ECG arranged for all supply & installation details with this unit also.

The solar system & HWS installation were hampered by inclement weather on install day, but the ECG team persevered for as long as possible, until they were forced to abandon for the day. Their supervisor communicated well with me for their return to complete the install.
The installation was very tidy with no surface conduits, & the site was cleaned of all packaging & excess materials on their completion. ECG also organised for the local authority to install the new smart meter.
The commissioning & handover were also done in a friendly & professional manner, with the solar products & associated equipment details, & the company's details, all provided in a bound manual handed to me after the commissioning.

My experience with ECG Electrical was very positive. Their 'end to end' approach was smooth & trouble free.

Original Review on 15-11-2020:

Approachable, efficient.

Explained all components in understandable language.
Price competitive.
Prompt installation time.
Installing team competent, efficient, polite, helpful, and tidy.
Follow up service amazing.
Totally recommend ECG.

8 months later we asked Peter and Vlasta : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Has exceeded my expectations

Great experience, fast quote and efficient installation.

Friendly team, good price, lots of information and easy installation process. Very happy with our system and would definitely recommend.

Excellent people to deal with, I'm a happy customer

They are professional, easy to deal with. I would recommend ECG to my friend.

Friendly, straightforward, straight talking, honest.

The process wad remarkably simple.
Other suppliers had quoted me their online special for an install, but I knew there were too many variables on my property.

ECG actually came out and inspected and came up with a viable plan of attack.

Within a couple of weeks it was done and dusted.
The install was exceptionally neat and they even helped with a couple of other minor electrical issues while on site.
Definitely recommend.

I recommended this company to a friend

I think the title sums it up.
ECG electrical is a locally-based company.
They have good experience in solar installation.
I was able to discuss my requirements with an knowledgable electrician, as distinct from a salesperson.
The installation was done in a very professional manner.
After 2 months or so, the installation seems to be working flawlessly.
This is not a criticism of the company but potential home installers should be aware that the clever little apps that estimate how many panels will fit on your roof are not very accurate. In my case, we were able to solve this discrepancy in a very satisfactory manner.

Great installers, proficient and knowledgeable

Cailin home visited and listened to what I wanted and explained a very good knowledge of the products he recommended suitable for my requirements., including a needed new hot water system. Quote followed in email with detailed breakdown and easy online access upon agreement and payment of an up front deposit. Equally easy online payment available upon completion.

The installation was carried out by a competent team of really nice guys keeping me in the picture all the time. On time, and completed on the day. They organised everything needed and a check through with
inverter and access to website. 12 mths free panel cleaning and system check.

Clear and expert advice

ECG knew their stuff inside and out, provided much more detailed and accurate modelling of production, knew the wiring of my complex and everything. Once I accepted the quote, they were quick to organise an installation date and pull everything together.

ECG Electrical - Best service we've had in Canberra across all trades

We recently had Solar Panels installed by the team from ECG Electrical. From quote to install and follow up service call, the team were nothing but the most professional. Great communication throughout, friendly, understanding, responsive and, did I say professional! Best service we've had in Canberra across all trades. 5 stars from us.
Thanks ECG team and Solar Quotes

Flexible and Skilled

The team at ECG were the stand-out winners in our selection process. They answered all of our questions during the quotation process, and made suggestions where they thought necessary. We presented them with a few “curly ones” which were answered clearly and thoroughly.

Installation team arrived on time. The installation process was interrupted due to rain, so a rebooking made for just a few days later. Amazing considering the lead time for installations, as a whole. The actual installation met a few few challenges (no fault on ECG’s part), and these were managed well, and without cost to us.

After completion, worksite was left spotlessly clean, and system was fully explained to us.

Great installer - seamless experience

The sales process was straight forward and to the point without any sales/marketing mumbo jumbo. The quote arrived within a few hours and contained all of the details required to make an informed decision.

The installation was seamless with the team arriving on time and finishing the job in record time. All interactions with the team were cordial and respectful as you would expect from professionals.

The follow up discussion was comprehensive and clear instructions were provided regarding grid connection.

In summary I would have no hesitation in recommending ECG Electrical for your solar needs.

Great customer support and efficient process

ECG was really helpful, from booking in a quote to post-installation support. They outlined all the steps really clearly, ensuring I understood options and made an educated decision. Great communication, easy installation. I'm really happy with my solar panels

Easy to work with, friendly and professional and a great price.

Quoting was quick and complete, and they were responsive and happy to discuss to changes. The team that installed the solar were polite and informative and on time.

Helpful and prompt

Sales and quoting was very informative. A little dearer than others but installation was prompt, courteous workers and cleaned uo adter themselves. The handover went smoothly too. Great experience

Original Review on 11-08-2020:

Really good customer service.

ECG was one of two companies that I received a quote from. To be fair, they took a while to contact me but when they did their service was really good. They visited the house and provided a very detailed quote. The other company quoted remotely via google maps. There was only a couple of hundred dollars difference in price and ECG was not the cheapest but are local so I went with them.

Installation day was busy with a number of tradies on sight. They turned up on time, worked all day and cleaned up after themselves. They did a quick handover and I was visited again the next day to have a more detailed explanation of everything installed.
Vary happy with the whole experience.

8 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has been better than I expected. I haven't had an electricity bill since install and in fact have made a credit of about $100 per quarter. This is a big turnaround from about $900 per quarter bill that I was receiving. Couldn't be happier.

ECG Electrical - Quote, Install & Support - Great company to deal with.

The process start with a phone call after submitting the solarquotes.com.au request. An appointment with the on-site sales person who arrived promptly and provided a short overview of what the system would provide and suggested solution based on the house position and the impact of our trees on the system.

Once we decided on using ECG Electrical and accepted the quote, a installation date was agreed. The installation team arrived on time and were very knowledgeable and great to work with.

the installation was completed in the time that was suggested and the system was turned on once all of the checks and balances were completed.

Once the install was complete Craig from ECG Electrical came in to explain how the system worked and to make sure that we had all of the features (app and website) setup and working.

In conclusion the whole experience was brilliant. The whole ECG Electrical team were professional and provided all of the support both at the quote, install and after sales stages.

From the initial quote to the install the team at ECG electrical were awesome. Great communication, installation was great and overall service was even better. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend ECG.

Highly recommend ECG as a solar installer.

We found ECG very professional throughout the process of deciding on components, price and installation.
ECG provided a competitive quote for the supply and installation of a quality system consisting of 6.6 kW Trina solar panels and GoodWe inverter. Quote was promptly provided following a site inspection. Installation was efficiently carried out with all rubbish removed from site.
A post inspection revealed there were some broken roof tiles, this was promptly rectified by ECG the following day.
ECG organise everything, including the grid connection.
Highly recommend!

Great experience

ECG Electrical have been a pleasure to deal with from the initial quote through to installation. They were professional and knowledgeable throughout, not at all pushy, and were patient with my many questions. Installation took place on date advised, and kept me informed on progress throughout the day. Explained the system operation thoroughly and all working extremely well so far.

ECG - An Excellent, Professional & Pain Free Install in the ACT

I do not normally write a review of companies but ECG is different - I would give them 6 out of 5 stars if I could.

We had 3 companies that where local to the ACT and knew the area and local install regulations.

We choose ECG a local company with an truly high 4.8 rating on the Solar quotes web site and they did not disappoint us and exceed our expectations.

They installed our 5.8kW solar panel system on our rear detached single level garage and then connected to the front of our double storey townhouse metre box.

The job was carried out with all wires placed inside heavy duty conduits for safety and all wires run thru the walls so that there are no conduits on the outside walls to be seen. Due to lack of space above the power board we used a Goodwe (GW5000D-NS) inverter and it is working like a dream. We decided to have a 5.8kw system with 15 x higher quality Hyundai (shingled) solar panels (HiE-S390VG) in all black and a solar analytics life time subscription. The all black was chosen for ascetics as we look down onto our solar panels and so do our nice neighbours.

The ECG installation team where on site on 24/03/2021 at 07:55am and did not leave until 17:00 when the system was working. They worker well with us and with each other - Stuart the electrician, went to a lot of trouble to make sure the job was extremely neat and well finished and checked from head to tail.

Next day Craig was on site to brief us on the system, safety shutdown procedure and the running of the Goodwe software and solar analytics.

The system is working extremely well and is according to the Solar Analytics software running above average for a system of this size - it is currently running at 140%. We are now waiting for the installation of the our Smart Metre so we can truly reduce our electricity bill and benefit from our investment. Happy Solarquotes & ECG Customer in the Gungahlin ACT

ECG Electrical recently completed our Solar installation in Canberra.

They turned up for the initial inspection on time and gave good advice on suitable systems. The quotes were very competitive and included a range of systems. Further questions were answered quickly and with respect. The installation date was set and they let us know everything would proceed on time before the day. The Electricians were good communicators and alerted us to some roofing issues that I wasn't aware of and needed repair before they would complete the job. Maybe other companies would not have alerted us so we are thankful that ECG Electrical did. After the roof issues were completed the team returned the next day to complete the job. The installation has been working really well so far in it's first week. The smart meter installation has been organised and that will be completed in about 3 weeks from the installation date.
Very impressed with the enthusiasm in the team, pride of workmanship and the communication from the managers has been first rate.

ECG very responsive, with a reasonable price for a quality system.

Sales / quote: very responsive
Installation: arrived as scheduled; quality install; answered questions. Fairly tidy.

ECG were excellent.

Excellent, straightforward advice and service. The quote was clear and a very reasonable price, the advice they provided was practical and specific to our needs, and the installation went ahead without a hitch. We would absolutely recommend ECG.