Expert Electrical

Servicing QLD, NSW & TAS (refer note below re TAS) with quality solar solutions

• Off grid specialists
  • CEC Approved Retailer
  • Tesla Certified Installers
  • Ben has been installing solar for almost 15 years, therefore we only offer brands we know and trust will stand up to the test of time, with warranties be dealt with quickly in the unlikely event of failure
  • SMA PowerUp dealer - free extended warranty on Sunny Boy Inverters
  • Solarwatt Partner - 30 year product and performance warranty on all SolarWatt panels
  • We recommend site inspections with our friendly team to ensure everything runs smoothly on installation day, to ensure a comprehensive quote and no extras
  • Finances options available
  • Offering air conditioning and general electrical services

Note: In Tasmania Expert Electrical now operates under ABN 39 606 374 494, Black Mountain Farms Pty Ltd ACN 606 374 494, trading as Expert Electrical Tasmania and Expert Solar Tasmania (business names registered from 11 Mar 2020).

Reviewers report paying: $4,900 - $12,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Expert Electrical Reviews (418)

Excellent customer service from start to end!!

Our experience was fantastic!
Zac was on time to the appointment, very professional and thorough to explain our options.
After receiving the quote we had time to think and decide between our options without the pressure of someone calling everyday.
The whole process was smooth and easy to deal with. Everyone was very polite and friendly.
Overall, a fantastic experience!

Simple and easy

Simple and easy company to deal with. initial consultation was terrific, install easy quick and easy and best of all the after install process was great with terrific what to do next information.

Great installer!

Expert electrical did a fantastic job from the first contact to installing the solar for us. We had been thinking about having a solar system for a while but all the technical side of things looked complicated so we had been postponing. But we finally decided to look for an installer but that wasn’t easy as there were so many of them around and did not know who to choose. We got quote from 4 installers and in the end, we chose Expert electrical for the experience in the industry, price and the service they are offering to the customers.

The solar worked perfectly from the second they installed it and we are very happy with everything!! We recommend Expert electrical to anyone who are looking for a trustworthy installer:)

Thank you for your lovely review Yoko from the Team at Expert Electrical

Great solar experience!

My experience with Expert Electrical was positive from beginning to end.
I first met Ben at a Home Show information presentation & booked an appointment.
Shannon came within a week, clearly explained the whole solar process & promptly emailed a quote within a week.
After another 3 quotes, I accepted the Expert Electrical quote & the system was fully installed within a week.
Installer Maurice & his assistant appeared to be very professional, efficient & tidy.
Couldn't be happier with the whole process.
No hesitation in highly recommending this company.

Thank you for your lovely reveiw Kerry from the Team at Expert Electrical

An excellent experience!! Fully recommended

Really happy with the work done by Expert Electrical. Lee was good to deal with signing it up, and Maurice did an awesome job on the install. Fully recommend them to anyone looking for a solar solution.

Thank you Karl for your positive feedback from the Team at Expert Electrical

Trust word of mouth

Referred to by family with Expert Electrical due to the quality of the equipment and job completed. Completely agree with this. Friendly staff with efficient, high quality work. Very happy with the finished product. Answered any questions asked. Installation process was no issue, they arrived on time, completed installation and explained everything. They went out of their way with customer service. Definitely recommend!

Thank you Shane for your lovely feedback from the Team at Expert Electrical

Fantastic team

The best solar company, good installers, quality products, affordable price

Thanks Aneesh for your review from the Team at Expert Electrical

Fantastic Experience from Expert Electrical

Friendly and helpful during quoting process. Install was quicker than I expected and conducted with professionalism. Very helpful. Highly recommend them to anyone else.

Thank you for your great feedback Matthew from the Team at Expert Electrical

Very happy

Very fast turn around from start to finish. Hoping for a great return for our money.

Thank you for your review Krystle from the Team at Expert Electrical

Very smooth sailing

From the very beginning of getting a quote, til the final installation, Expert Electrical were superb. There were no pushy sales men ringing me continuously, and Ben and his team were extremely helpful. They were very honest and adapted to my needs. Their prices were very competitive. On the day of installation, the 4 men were on time and very efficient with a sense of humour. Which was great. They showed me how to work the system and what would happen next with their office and the energy supplier. I can't praise them enough. From the office staff, company director, to the installers all were knowledgeable, helpful and a true pleasure to do business with.

Thank you Jodi for your lovely feedback from the Team at Expert Electrical

Professional and Efficient

Professional and efficient!
Thank you Expert Electrical, your team are a breath of fresh air.
Will not hesitate to recommend.

Thank you Zina for your lovely feedback from the Team at Expert Electrical

Fantastic installer. Tidy and clean installation.

Fantastic installer. Very quick quoting process. Installation was very tidy and on time. Good customer service, quick grid installation.

Thank you for your review Kunal from the Team at Expert Electrical

Solar installation

Our new solar system was installed very smoothly by Caleb Davey and his team
They did an excellent job and I can strongly recommend them and Expert Electrical

Thank you Bill for your review from the Team at Expert Electrical

Great Company

The team at Expert Electrical were clear and prompt with the quotes. The installation was carried out effectively and professionally.

I was most impressed with Expert Electrical when our inverter failed twice. They were on-site the next day on both occasions and resolved the issue immediately.

Thank you for your positive feedback Denver from the Team at Expert Electrical

Professional Installation

Had a new system installed and I was very happy with the service and quality

Thank you for your review Josh from the Team at Expert Electrical

Great service, prompt delivery and happy with the product

Installed a 10.3 kW system. It was easy with Expert Electrical. Their focus on providing the best service was evident from our first meeting. Installation happened in a short period of time and was efficient. System is working well.

Thank you Megan for your lovely feedback from the Team at Expert Electrical

Kurwongbah brilliance

The customer service from Expert was great, there were hiccups along the way and they all dealt with them professionally, which is all we can ask for. Martina was amazing to deal with and very communicative with us to keep us in the loop. Caleb and the boys did a fantastic job of the install. I couldn't be happier. Highly recommended.

Regards, Tom.
Kurwongbah

Thank you for your review Tom from the Team at Expert Electrical

Great team to work with

Expert Electrical were professional from start to finish. They provided great service throughout from the initial sales meeting, the administration team keeping me ini regular communications and the installation team were friendly and did a great job.

A fantastic installation experience

Shannon arrived on time for the quote. We climbed on the roof and discussed the best panel layout. Shannon is very knowledgeable and after thoroughly explaining the system options and benefits to us prepared a quote straight away. After a few minutes of discussion my wife and I signed up and paid the deposit. To our surprise the system was installed 2 days later. The guys arrived early right on time. Caleb was a pleasure to deal with and they did a very professional neat job. When the installation was completed Caleb spent the time to explain the functions of the inverter and the monitoring of its performance through the wifi connection.
Overall it was a very pleasant and streamlined process.

Thanks Mark from the Team at Expert Electrical

A great experience

Expert Electrical were a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. My enquiry was responded to promptly and the meeting was easy and informative (not pushy like sales reps from other companies). They kept in touch every step of the way, so we knew exactly what was going to happen and when. The installers were professional, friendly and helpful. They managed the connection to the grid after the install and helped me connect to the App.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them and would definitely use them again if the need arose.

Thank you for your lovely feedback Sarah from the Team at Expert Electrical

Great company

Expert Electrical came out promptly we had the quote by that afternoon and the install was booked for the following week. I found this company to be very professional and knowledgeable and they finished the job ahead of time. I would definitely recommend them.

Thank you Debbie for your lovely review from the Team at Expert Electrical

I highly recommend Expert Electrical. They really are the best in the business!

Not having a lot of knowledge about solar, I sought out some reliable information in terms on installer, system size and type via SolarQuotes. Expert Electrical were in the top 5 most highly rated installers in my area (I think they’re number 1 now!), so I included them in my three quotes. Expert Electrical won my business with great face-to-face service from Zac who outlined options re. panels and inverters in terms of size, quality, and cost. I chose a hefty 10kW package (for future proofing – thanks to Jonathon from SolarQuotes for helping me bounce some ideas), with good quality panels (15-year warranty, 25-year performance warranty), and an 8.2 kW inverter (5-year warranty). Best of all Expert Electrical offered a 10-workmanship warranty AND can convert my gas hot-water system when the time comes. I'm also hoping for a battery...one day. Installation of the system took place in February 2022 with team-leader and electrician Maurice and off-siders Grant and Ethan. They were a friendly, well-oiled machine, completing the install efficiently while educating me along the way. The installation of the smart metre took a while - compounded by the flood - but is now installed and the system is working a treat (and I really enjoy looking at the app which shows me how much energy I’m producing compared to household consumption). I should also mention, I called Maurice re. some concerns about one of the panels (following 50+ hrs of torrential rain). He sent his team to check the panel (which was fine) before we switched-on the inverter. Thanks also need to go to the behind-the-scenes team for their professionalism and efficiency. I highly recommend Expert Electrical. They really are the best in the business!

Thank you so much Rachel for your recommendation. We are glad you are happy with your new system from all the crew at Expert Electrical

Well done Expert Electrical

Morris and his team from Expect Electrical
did a fabulous job yesterday installing my new 6.6 kW solar system . They upgrade the panels to the most recent version at no extra charge and setup my iPhone and demonstrated the system. No more huge power bills for me !

Very satisfied,
Roger

Thanks Roger from all the crew at Expert Electrical

Solar made simple

We are extremely happy with our solar install by Expert Electrical. From our first meeting with the Sales Representative we felt they knew what they were doing and supplied quality components. They were professional, price competitive and reliable. After install Expert Electrical organised the grid connection. I highly recommend them.

Thank you Tracie for your positive feedback from the Team at Expert Electrical

Fantastic installer!

The whole sales process was transparent and were able to answer all my questions.
The install was great and couldn’t be happier. The gents managed to fit the whole system in a day. Everything was a smooth process from start to finish. Would highly recommend Expert Electrical

Thank you for your review Wil from the Team at Expert Electrical

Prompt service and a great system

Zac from Expert Electrical was great to deal with during the sales process and everything was clear and made simple to understand.

Maurice and the team did a fantastic job on the installation, working with challenging weather to get the job done efficiently and neatly.

The customer service was great and I couldn't recommend Expert Electrical enough.

Thank you Kiel for your feedback from the Team at Expert Electrical

Excellent service

Expert electrical were easy to deal with they were friendly, helpful and a fair price. They were not pushy sales people. Maurice and his team were very efficient and professional to deal with for the installation, site was left clean and tidy. Would recommend their services.

Thank you for your lovely feedback from the Team at Expert Electrical

Quick, informative and easy.

Expert Electrical came out promptly, spoke to me about their system and panels and answered any questions I had.
I received the quote the following day.
I had my solar installed within 10 days of receiving the quote.
The customer service was exceptional.
The installers were very professional and left my house clean and tidy.
I'm very happy with this company and would recommend them to anyone considering getting solar.

Thank you for your lovely review Janette from the team at Expert Electrical

Easy installation with great results

I had 3 providers quote on the solar set up for my property. Shannon from Expert Electrical laid out the alternatives and stuck to the essential details that I needed to be aware of. His approach while professional, was more laid back then some of the other salespeople and that put me at ease as I wasn’t bombarded with too much information. The installation went well with no major issues and any follow up I have had with Expert has been dealt with in a timely manner. Would recommend.

Thank you Joel for your review from the Team at Expert Electrical

Professional, prompt and true Experts

Sales and quoting was professional and efficient. All my questions answered.
The installers were professional, prompt, super efficient and were completed by early afternoon. They left no rubbish behind and i was simply able to enjoy my solar panels.
The connection was pretty easy, i was advised to log into the solar web to get my App and it was all pretty seamless and great service and advice. Couldn’t fault the work.

Thank you Jill for your lovely feedback from the Team at Expert Electrical

Great service and value

Great service all the way from the initial contact to follow up after installation.

Thank you Chris for your review from the Team at Expert Electrical.

A good result

There were a few hurdles to overcome in the process, but the team delivered a good result

Glad to hear you are happy with your system from the Team at Expert Electrical

Easy process with great results!

Expert Electrical were great to deal with, easy communication and flexible with products to suit my wants.

Fast and neat install, everything is working as expected.

Everyone I spoke to at the company was polite and took the time to answer any questions.

Would definitely recommend to others.

Thank you for your review Michael from the team at Expert Electrical

Very professional

Very professional. What a great bunch of guys installed in one morning, polite well mannered young gentlemen. Would recommend to anyone.

Thank you Mike for your great feedback from the Team at Expert Electrical

Top Service

Dealing with Expert Electrical was the best. They provided several options and explained these to us. The installation was professional and timely. The staff were courteous and friendly and the follow up service has been top notch.

Thank you Nancy for your lovely feedback from the Team at Expert Electrical

Professional and helpful company with professional and dedicated installation crew.

- Sales process/quoting process was professional, timely and was made easier to understand. All staff I interacted with were very helpful and polite.
- The installation crew were polite, tidy and punctual as well as dedicated getting to my property when many roads were closed due to flooding. Many companies would not have even attempted the job at the time.
- The customer service was great, expert electrical has been helpful from start to finish.

Thanks Joel for your review from the team at Expert Electrical

Great work in adverse conditions.

Very happy with the installation of our solar panels. Expert Electrical provided a competitive quote and very thorough and useful information. The team arrived on a very wet morning and started with the inverter installation. Fortunately, the weather cleared, and the job was completed efficiently, quickly and cleanly. The operating system and online site were explained clearly.

Thank you for your review Elizabeth from the team at Expert Electrical

Installation of additional solar panels

The quoting process was very professional, friendly and not pushy. Installation was quick, but unfortunately more roof tiles were broken than expected. After installation service was very good.

Cheers Kara for your feedback from the Team at Expert Electrical

Quality service

Our whole process was very smooth, each person (from quotation, organisation, installation) did everything they said they would at each stage and on time, and answered any questions we had. We haven't connected yet but the installer has offered to come back and help us out once we have our new meter, which is great for us newbies!

Thank you Caitlin for your review from the Team at Expert Electrical

Quality work and great customer support

Very good customer service starting from provide quote, explaining how system works and responding to millions of questions.

Installation went very well apart from minor mishap which was rectified immediately.

In terms of system output, I’m currently reviewing system performance Vs specified quote. System has been size for ~12kw however has never delivered quoted kw and seems like it gets cut off at 10kw which is the size of the inverter. Will review and follow up on this

Great professional installer. Very happy.

Team were quick and efficient and the install was completed professionally and on time.

Thank you for your review Russell from the Team at Expert Electrical

Seamless from start to finish

Shannon was just great and made up our mind for us, the detailed info and pictures of placement on our roof were great.
The insallation guys were quick , professional and tidy and did a great job. Highly recommend you guys to anyone
Thanks heaps

Thank you for your review Darren from the Team at Expert Electrical

10KW+ system installed

Just had the system installed so will see how everything goes, but cannot fault the team at Expert Electrical and Caleb Davey (installer)

Thank you for your review from the Team at Expert Electrical

Excellent service

It was much simpler to switch to solar than I thought it would be. Zac in sales explained everything clearly and the installation team were punctual and professional, too. Highly recommend!

Solar Review

Friendly, Knowledgable and Professional from start to finish with great communication from Lee and the installation team.

Thank you for your lovely review Sherryn from the Team at Expert Electrical

Great quality installation, friendly team

Sale and quoting process was easy and informative
Installation team were excellent. Were able to schedule us in earlier than expected and installation was quick and professional
Good customer service, helped us get grid connection.

Thank you for your feedback from the Team at Expert Electrical

Simply the best!

Expert Electrical were fantastic all the way through:
- Quotation: Zac gave us an excellent price but also explained the reasons behind the system selection and what we could reasonably expect from it.
- Installation: Caleb and his team were on-time, quick, courteous and discrete. They asked what they needed to know from us at the start, completed the job as requested and took us through the system's operation once complete. They also left the place clean.

- Administration: Rachel and Martina orchestrated everything for us and made sure everything was clear and simple whether for booking the quote, keeping us up-to-date with the installation date or sending us the invoices and system dicumentation.
Expert Electrical have an excellent team that I cannot praise enough. Thanks guys!!!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback Aure from the Team at Expert Electrical

Installation was very professional. Good quality product

The whole process's was a good experience. The installers were very polite and ran through the installation as they completed the job. Extremely happy with the solar system.

Thank you for your review Garry from the Team at Expert Electrical

E.E, you're the best.

Benjamin, Chris, Mel, Harry and Grant installed our solar system and we couldn't be happier. They were friendly, polite professional and efficient. They were happy to answer all of our questions and answers were clear and showed how knowledgeable they were. We will definitely be contacting them for future work. 5*'s for them all.

Thank you for your lovely feedback Rebecca from the Team at Expert Electrical

Awesome service

Super easy to deal with, fair pricing and got my system installed very fast. Highly recommended

Thank you for your review Andrew from the Team at Expert Electrical