Expert Electrical Reviews

About Expert Electrical, Solar Installers

Expert Electrical
Platinum Partner
Expert Electrical is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 67 914 971 040  ABN active since 01 Jul 2014 | The Trustee For Jones Family Trust
ACN: 600 322 334  ACN active since 25 Jun 2014 | Expert Electrical Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 284013C Expert Electrical Pty Ltd

QLD: 78132 Expert Electrical Pty Ltd Atf Jones Family Trust

TAS: 1512888 Expert Electrical Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,500 - $7,750 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Expert Electrical - The Best in the Business

Servicing QLD, NSW & TAS (refer note below re TAS) with quality solar solutions

• Off grid specialists
  • CEC Approved Retailer
  • Tesla Certified Installers
  • Ben has been installing solar for almost 15 years, therefore we only offer brands we know and trust will stand up to the test of time, with warranties be dealt with quickly in the unlikely event of failure
  • SMA PowerUp dealer - free extended warranty on Sunny Boy Inverters
  • Solarwatt Partner - 30 year product and performance warranty on all SolarWatt panels
  • We recommend site inspections with our friendly team to ensure everything runs smoothly on installation day, to ensure a comprehensive quote and no extras
  • Finances options available
  • Offering air conditioning and general electrical services

Note: In Tasmania Expert Electrical now operates under ABN 39 606 374 494, Black Mountain Farms Pty Ltd ACN 606 374 494, trading as Expert Electrical Tasmania and Expert Solar Tasmania (business names registered from 11 Mar 2020).

Expert Electrical Solar Reviews

Fantastic 5 STARS

From first contact, Marti was very informative and helpful. She came out for a site assessment, supervised by Megan as it was her first. I knew what to expect, what came next and it was just all so simple!
The installation date was less than 2 weeks from first contact, Jack and Chris did a fantastic job - everything as left neat and tidy, like they hadn't been there!

I highly recommend Expert Electrical - competitive pricing, fantastic sales and customer service team, backed up by professional installation!

Very smooth, no-fuss process, very neat installation

The sales/quoting process was very informative, but low pressure. The information provided was very clearly detailed & easy to understand.
The installers arrived on schedule, introduced themselves politely, & set about the installation without any fuss. Everything appears to be very neat & tidy. Details of the installation & operation of the system were explained clearly & questions were openly invited.
Customer service has been very good. The scheduling & invoicing were very clear, & information provided has been both comprehensive & clear. As the new system has replaced a previous system, the digital meter & grid connection were already in place. The only thing that I am still waiting on is the access details for the Solar Analytics monitoring.

Great service: planning, installation, and support

Prompt reply to sale enquiry. Discussed options for placement and range of equipment during site visit.
Installed about 2 weeks after signing contract.
Friendly and skilled installation team, arrived in morning at agreed time, good workmanship during installation.
Good support post-installation, submitted paperwork to distributor and retailer the next day. Got inverter online tracking system running next day.
First week of performance indicating high yields and smooth bell curve of performance through the day.

Fantastic quality and service

The team was extremely knowledgeable. Pointing out minor items that could be issues at the time of quoting. After we accepted the designed system, there was a significant issue with Energex, which caused major changes. The team did everything they could to assist us through the changes and to create the best outcome.

The installation was faultless - i didn't even know they were hear (except for some noise occasionally). Tidy, quick, efficient and communicated at all times.

Exceptional customer service. They coordinated everything and as mentioned above found out all issues before installation to ensure we could make the best decision for our home.

Awesome Company and people.

6.6kw system Cleveland

Lee from expert Electrical was fantastic with us finding us a great system at a really good price.

Jack and Chris turned up on time and we're excellent installers, polite and professional and cleaned up with no mess afterwards. I've been on the roof and in the attic to check and would say their workmanship was exemplary.

Expert electrical very professional from office work to installation

Being a retired electrician the whole process from start to finish from Expert Electrical could not be faulted. The installation team on time, faultless workmanship, explanation of system and Items installed very clear and precise. Show additional information

Great product, sales and service.

From start to finish, the company looked after us. Explanations and quotes through to installation, we've had no issues.No pressure sales either, just quality information provided for us to make informed choices. Show additional information

Fantastic job!!

fast and efficient service to get the quote and a great team of blokes to come and install it. System is great! Bye bye power bill. Show additional information

Trouble free, professional job exactly as per quote

Installers turned up on time as agreed and were very professional in their attitude, committment to the job and ability to work as a team to complete the job as specified. Could not be happier. Show additional information

Fantastic Service, and very competitively priced,

Very happy from start to finish. Scott did the initial quote, and Jack installed it. Very professional, Jack was here at 6.30am and did a great job. Before he left he explained everything. Would highly recommend Expert Electrical. From the quoting process to the installation, could not fault them. Show additional information

Great Customer Service

Great quote process - easy to understand
Great Customer Service
Installation easy and efficient & punctual

Great installer

The salesman was good at his job. The installation had a hitch when the installer was sent with the wrong information and bought an iron roof kit instead of a tile kit. He had to travel an hour and a half each way, so a long wasted trip. Still when he came back the following week, he was on time, polite and did a great job. The office staff were o.k. and grid connection was taken care of by them. Show additional information

Total Professional company

From start to finish all dealings with Expert Electrical were friendly, informative and totally professional. Initial (phone) discussions with Scott were not salesman like but expressed in layman like terms that made the whole information gathering session so easy to understand. Any technical questions that I had were quickly followed up by Scott with the necessary information sheets.

The installation team (Caleb and Oliver) arrived on time and completed the install efficiently with very little noise (except when mounting brackets on tin roof) and minimum disruption. The clean up after the job was complete and left me with nothing to do. Caleb’s explanation of how the system could be monitored and his assistance with the setup of the monitoring system was easy to understand and was appreciated.

The office staff were always helpful and cheerful and made dealing with Expert Electrical a pleasure with thanks to Megan for all of her assistance.

I cannot speak more highly of the professionalism of the whole team from Expert Electrical.

Great job from Expert Electrical

Quoting was good, Ben came and did it, checked out the board checked the roof, easy manner to talk to.

Jack and Co did the install he was amazing even continued to work during rain. Cleaned up after so you wouldnt even know they were here. Cleaned the roof to make sure there were no shavings left and was a lovely fellow.

Office is extremely efficient as well. Couldn't fault my experience they did delay by a week which sometimes just cant be helped and I didn't have a problem with that.

Install was 15kw REC/SMA system. There were no hidden extras no extra expenses it was to quote. Very happy I went with Expert Electrical. Thanks You!

Expert Electrical 5 stars

From start to finish, expert electrical were fantastic. No hard sell just facts and installion was superb. Price was as quoted and no added surprises. Would definitely recommend Expert Electrical for Solar install. Show additional information

Top Rate Professional Team

From the initial inquiry with Lee to the installation by Caleb and his team, they did not disappoint on their professionalism. The quote was provided promptly and all of my questions were answered. During the installation Caleb kept me up to date throughout the process and explained how the monitoring system worked.

Their work was professional and tidy, and the team conducted themselves with respect and integrity. I would highly recommend Expert Electrical as their products and service are second to none. The company should be proud of their customer service and their team.

Offering good quality products with thoughtful design

They were very punctual, shown up exactly the time we agreed to. Obviously the quotes were well prepared by providing 3 different quotes with price range from low to high plus an designer special. Salesman was really polite and helpful. Installers had done an excellent job with clean finish, also providing quite a few advises to me to talk to energy provider. Overall, it was an easy process for me, and I am getting feed in tariff now. Show additional information

Professional

From intial inquiry to the final installation, we could not be happier. We were kept informed throughout the process. Caleb and his team did a great job installing the system. We were recommended by a friend and I would not hesitate to recommend Expert Electrical for solar installation. Show additional information

High quality system, installed professionally with great service to boot.

I would recommend Expert Electrical to anyone who asks. They impressed me from my first conversation with Lee by their customer first approach. The install went off without a hitch and followup calls the next day to confirm I was happy were a great way to cement the relationship. I will go straight back to them when I need an upgrade/bigger system or anything else in the future. Show additional information

Highley Recommend

Sales quoting was very professional and punctual, all questions answered - all we had to do was sign contrac
and they did the rest.

Installation was installed on date and time stated - impressed with service

customer service - great, office staff very helpful and efficient

Clear and accurate advice.

Expert Electrical provided good advice and helped guide me through the decision making process without concern.

For the install, they were well organised, turned up on time and had the install completed quickly.

Quick, professional and friendly

Quoting process was great
Installation went smoothly….very punctual and tidy
Great customer service

Review

Hi,

From start to finish of process , very friendly, professional and accommodating .

Our house's flagship power generation!

Expert Electrical was one of the 3 installers recommended for our area by Solar Quotes (only 2 made contact). The nearly 2 hours spend with Dave McKone when he came to do the assessment to quote, were the most engaging I have ever had from any service/equipment supplier (relating to any house I have ever lived in). He is extremely knowledgeable, able to explain even the smallest detail and relates everything back to exactly how we anticipated using the solar system for our own family's daily dynamic. The quote follow-up was punctual, factual, correct and sufficiently detailed - well worth the extended time he asked to prepare it (he was moving house!) From that point on, the decision of which system to use, the size and the installation date worked seamlessly. Even the financing solution suggested worked very well in parallel to the preparation for the actual installation day.
Jack, the installer, actually arranged to view the site before the installation day in order to be best prepared - this really paid off, as he was able to remove an old system single handed in about an hour (all intact and all mounting bolts etc. collected together) and then proceeded to install the new mounting rails. He paid particular attention to how they would fasten to the roof beams and got into the roof space to inspect.
It was supposed to be a 2 day install, but the weather turned against us and Jack then came back together with Chris to complete the panel install a coupe of days later after re-scheduling. Both Jack and Chris were very neat, did everything safely (double story), tidied up everything and were very friendly to engage with and ask questions.
Jack came back for a final day to complete the electrical interfacing to our existing board and went through the system with me in more than sufficient detail.
We've been producing a great amount of our own power since it was turned on and I enjoy monitoring it on a daily basis - adjusting our family's usage to optimise using own generated power.

A Great Team

The quotation process was easy. They explain alternatives clearly and sent detailed information. Installation was efficient, done by a polite, tidy punctual team. All modifications and connections were done for me. It was, all round, a very simple process. Show additional information

Quality product

Quote was in person and informative, got back to me with price and installation date, very quick service. Show additional information

High quality system providers with great installation team

Price and quotation process was reasonable, not the cheapest but had looked for high quality products and warranty was best in class. Initial proposed layout was different to what the installers had when they arrived, yet no issues discussing a change in layout that they were happy to oblige with.
installation was superb, team were very professional and special shout out to Gordon for doing an amazing job throughout the day, plus managed to get installed quicker than planned due to availability in the schedule.
Waiting confirmation that the grid connection is complete as paperwork was submitted last week.

Professional installation

Really professional and did a great job with the installation. The company was easy to deal with and very professional to deal with. The installers were really great. Scared me seeing them carry the panels up such a tall ladder, and work on such a tall roof. They were very brave! Show additional information

Exceptional Service and Quality System

The service I received was exceptional from start to finish. The communication received always exceeded my expectations. The system I had installed was also of a high standard and I could see the quality of the products I purchased. Caleb and his team were our installers and they were very polite and respectful of our home. They made extra effort to ensure everything was cleaned before they left and took the time to show us the system. I would highly recommend these guys! Show additional information

Awesome company

Competitive price, quick install, on time, on budget, knowledgeable and friendly - what more would you want?! I know why they have such a good rating, just like mine. Show additional information

Great customer service and installation

The quote started out kind of what you expect, came in and explained the product. Then Ben came out, put a new perspective on the system and explained in detail the benefits of solar and the savings available.

The installation was great. There were a couple hiccups with the installation which I expected due to the amount of work involved and the time frame the guys had to work in. One of the guys came back out on the next business day and attended to the problems. Tidy? Yes. Punctual? Yes. Polite? Absolutely.

Customer service was great. I have since received a follow up call. My smart meters still haven't been installed but from the follow up call, it sounds like they are chasing it up. All questions have been answered professionally and promptly. I am satisfied enough that I am planning on getting Expert Electrical to install batteries in the future to help with going off grid.

Great job! Exceptional installer! Professional, knowledgeable and efficient!

Jack (the installer) was exceptional. Very professional and Knowledgeable. He did an awesome job! All staff I have had communication with and/or dealt with at "Expert Electrical" have been been similarly professional and competent! Show additional information

Speedy, professional, helpful, done!

Great pre-sales services. Arrived early, job done on time. All good! Show additional information

Great Experience installing our Solar

Expert Electrical were professional and kept in constant communication regarding the install. Everyone was helpful and knowledgeable. Thanks Show additional information

A really great experience

The whole experience was totally hassle free from having Scott come to quote thru to The great team who installed and the amazing admin team who helped me thru the paperwork.
I would highly recommend this company as they were punctual, reliable, not pushy, excellent communications and delivered exactly what they promised.

Great Solar Experience with Expert Electrical

I had Expert Electrical referred to me from friends of mine.
They provided a well priced option and I went ahead.
The sales process went well, the installation was fantastic and the installers were extremely polite and friendly.
The follow up service from the office was fast and efficient.
I'm a very happy customer.

Great installer, great system.

Really friendly, responsive and professional staff, but during the sales and installation process. System performs well. Show additional information

So far so good

We got 6.6kw system installed today.
Quote process was good, they personally came out and assessed the site. The best quote process out of all the installers we contacted.

Installation was efficient. Electricians were polite and on time. It was great to see our meter going backwards straight away.

Fantastic communication. Ben and Megan was happy to help with our inquiries.

Would have been nice to get more input on positioning/aspects as we noticed a bit of shade in the afternoon.

Overall happy with the whole experience.

Fast Easy Professional

Very professional outfit from Quotes through to install. Installation was a breeze - very polite and professional tradies. Tidied up afterwards and then talked us through the operation of the system. Very pleased with Expert Electrical. Show additional information

Very happy with final result

Sales process was fantastic, very knowledgeable sales person who was happy to explain everything and seemed genuinely interested in outcomes for us as clients. We ended up with an amazing deal on a very high quality system.

Installation was prompt after payment - installed within a week of signing off. Hard working crew who turned up on time and had everything all up and running by the afternoon.

As we were already connected with a smart meter from our energy supplier we began earning feed-in credits from day one. There was a small post install issue with the SMA smart meter solution installed with the package and this took a bit more following up with EE than I would have expected to get a call back to arrange a time for fix - all in all though, in the end they did the right thing by us and to their credit got everything running as expected.

We are very happy with our new 6.49kW solar system and look forward to the years of power generation it will create for us.

decent quality product

sales process was accurate. Installation went well. Good customer service Show additional information

Quietly Efficient

I made what I now know to be a mistake when I responded to ‘on-line’ advertisements that ‘pop-up’ everywhere! They bugged me so much while I was waiting over Christmas for responses from my SolarQuotes requested quotes. Long story short I signed up with ‘Expert Electrical’ who actually visited my home (only one to do so) to assess my needs and house layout. That meant a lot! Written quotes followed, a decision was arrived at during a visit to their establishment, agreement signed there and then Three weeks later we had Generation. The two fitters where brilliant, no fuss straight into it, they both knew their job so well. All done and dusted by noon, with the record of generation on my device I could see we had made the the right choice. Thank you Ben, Caleb & Joran. Show additional information

Fantastic installers - Great System!

Great company - unlike other providers they came out personally to provide a quote. Andrew was ridiculously knowledgeable and explained everything so we knew exactly what to expect. Great communication from Joran who went above and beyond to schedule the install around extended wet weather. Ended up sending staff to Brisbane to fit us in on the weekend. Caleb and Deonte were on site first thing, were finished by lunchtime and did a great job. Everything was explained to us throughout the process and Megan made the whole thing easy and stress free. I would definitely recommend these guys, they were great. Five Stars ***** Show additional information

Quality product with great warranty

Not installed yet, but it is going in this week.
The explain and site assessment and email communication since had been good though

Excellent installation

The sales process was painless We felt comfortable with the sales person which is why we decided to accept the quote even though it was the only one we got.
The installation was scheduled in a timely manner. The installer arrived on time, was very professional, helpful and informative.He organised the grid connection immediately.
Upto this point we were impressed by the customer service. Their post sale customer service changed because we did not pay our account immediately. It took 9 days and 3 invoices to receive an accurate invoice which I paid immediately!

expertly installed very tidy and cleaned up any mess

quoting process was excellent
yes polite tidy and punctual
they are in the process of organising connection for me now as was only fitted 9 days ago
customer service good so far

Jack from Expert Electrical was very professional and and very knowledgeable

Ben from the company was very knowledgeable and helpful.The only quote I got that was professional.The installation was a very professional and to be honest was a great experience.The only down size for me was I had nbn fitted after this was set up and to change the router was a lot more complicated than it should be. The Expert Electrical office was not much use so little disappointed there. Show additional information

Highly recommended & purchase with confidence.

From the sales/ quoting process to the install & commissioning it's a big thumbs up for Expert Electrical, highly recommended.
Dave McKone who dealt with the quotation process was very knowledgeable and understood our original brief far better than any of the competitors who participated in the initial round of quotes. He was very good in explaining the system on offer and the options available to us in layman terms rather than give a one-size fits all approach, which we liked. He was also very patient in explaining a lot of the technical issues. The pricing for the panels & inverter also appeared very competitive compared to the equivalents out in the market. Chris and Jack the installers did an excellent job on site, in rather trying conditions under a hot Queensland sun. Again, I have nothing but praise for their work. They were also very knowledgeable and helpful in explaining technical questions on how the solar set-up works.

First class.

Good company to deal with from original quotation from Dave, the communication from admin and the installers Jack and Chris did an excellent job. Jack and Chris were punctual, friendly and knowledgeable. Their attention to detail outstanding. They both worked hard all day starting early and not stopping until the job was done. Would highly recommend these guys. Show additional information

Great team work

Andrew who gave us confidence in the sales products and good quote.

Office staff in the Expert Electrical are always helpful.

Jack and Chris worked wonderfully in the installation processes. A big thank you.