Expert Electrical

Based on 601 ratings 2 Reviews removed

Expert Electrical - The Best in the Business

Servicing QLD, NSW & TAS (refer note below re TAS) with quality solar solutions

October 2022 Business Update:
From July 2014 Expert Electrical traded under a Trust structure under ABN 67 914 971 040. Following a business restructure the business now operates under a Company structure under ABN 27 646 275 872.

All existing customers will continue to be supported under their warranty conditions.

• Off grid specialists

• On grid battery specialists

• EV Charger specialists

• CEC Approved Retailer

• Tesla Certified Installers

• SMA PowerUp dealer - VIP Service and Support and free extended warranty on Sunny Boy Inverters

• Fronius Service Partner - VIP Service and Support

• QCELLS Q.PARTNER - VIP Service and Support

• We recommend site inspections with our friendly team to ensure everything runs smoothly on installation day, to ensure a comprehensive quote and no extras

• Finances options available

• Ben has been installing solar since 2005, therefore we only offer brands we know and trust will stand up to the test of time, with warranties be dealt with quickly in the unlikely event of failure
  • Offering air conditioning and general electrical services

Note: In Tasmania Expert Electrical now operates under ABN 39 606 374 494, Black Mountain Farms Pty Ltd ACN 606 374 494, trading as Expert Electrical Tasmania and Expert Solar Tasmania (business names registered from 11 Mar 2020).

Reviewers report paying: $5,400 - $10,270 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Expert Electrical Reviews (601)

Great Company. Highly Recommended

Got a quote from 3 providers from this website. Unfortunately, i choose the wrong company to start. After a horrible experience with the other company, I rang Expert Electrical who got me booked in and Solar installed within a matter of weeks. The only disappointment is that i didn't go with them from the start. Seamless install, In fact, the installer was fantastic. Called the day before to ask if he could drop some items of as his other job finished early. He ended up staying until 6pm, just getting himself organised for the next day. Arrived on time and left everything neat and tidy. Ran through everything from start to finish.

Would not hesitate to recommend Expert Electrical to anyone looking for Solar. Everyone was great from start to finish and nothing has been an issue. Organised everything for us and super quick.

Excellent service

The service received was fantastic and the installation made quick and easy, very impressed!

Great Experience

Easy quote and query process.
Prompt response to questions.
Day of install went as promised.
Everything left clean and tidy. Would not have known anyone had been here apart from the system being in place.

Very professional

Very good customer service , call and email after installation to see if everything was going well. Installation was done on the day agreed on. Very professional and tidy. Extremely helpful staff,

An incentive was offered by Expert Electrical for this review. Learn more here.

Great installation and solid customer service

Expert Electrical are a fantastic family owned small business, and I am glad I chose them as my solar installer. I was warned not to go with Origin for example, as the bigger companies try and lure you in with cheap installs, and higher feed in tariffs, but in the end you get a poor quality install from incompetent contractors.

Shannon quoted me on a 10.56KW system with Jinko Panels and Fronius inverter, with a Catch Relay to run the hot water based on energy production. While he didn't originally quote for digital meter which we found out about on the day of the install, he offered a heavily discounted price to what I would have had to pay. Although this resulted in the install having to run over two days, the system was up and running on the second day by 10am. Maurice and Harry (the installers) were very punctual, and tidy, and explained everything I needed to know about how the system would run. I'm very happy with the product and am generating more than what I need, and hopefully takes off a decent chuck on the next bill!

I found from quoting to installation of my system a simple easy process the office staff keep you informed and the installer are a great team, they were recommended to me by someone else and i would recommend them as well.
thanks team expert electrical.

An incentive was offered by Expert Electrical for this review. Learn more here.

A great product at a great price.

A great product at a great price. From the quote to installation was less than 2 weeks and the guys that installed my system had on and working in less than 5 hours, would highly recommend thiem!

Great product and service

The process of installing solar was made easy from the get go. The initial consultation was great as Lee came to inspect the house to find the best spot for the panels. He also gave multiple product options as well as a break down of how the system would perform over the years and answered any questions that I had.

On the day of installation Maurice and Harrison arrived early to do a shade check of the morning sun. Installation was fast and to a good standard. The team also organised the connection to our energy provider, making the entire process seamless.

Overall I would say it has been great value for money and I would highly recommend Expert Electrical to anyone considering a solar installation

Exceptional

Expert Electrical installed solar panels and a battery seamlessly. Their professionalism, expertise, and efficiency were outstanding. They explained everything thoroughly and ensured the system was tailored to our needs. The installation was flawless, and we're already seeing significant energy savings. Highly recommend!

A big call out to the exceptional installation from Maurice and Harrison, true professionals that listen to the customer and really do take pride in their work, some of the best trades I've ever had the pleasure of working with.

An incentive was offered by Expert Electrical for this review. Learn more here.

Great to deal with, fantastic installation!

Great team, good communication and really cared about the the system being installed as efficiently as possible. Highly recommend

Great mob to deal with and do business

From the callout for a quote, the installation, the whole process was a breeze for Expert Electrical. Shannon turned up on time for the quote, answered my questions and concerns and the price very competitive. Installation day Morris and the boys turned up on time and all went like clockwork, they know their trade. The site was left clean, all paper work done and I am now enjoying free power. Give Expert Electrical the opportunity to install your solar. I am total satisfied with all. Thanks Paul. Carina

An incentive was offered by Expert Electrical for this review. Learn more here.

Excellent service, professional and prompt

The salesman was delayed but gave us prior notice. He had done his homework and did not try and sell us the more expensive products. The installation was done quickly and at a time that suited us. We were novices when it came to solar installation but were guided throughout the process

Great to deal with.

Expert electrical were great company to deal with and delivery was on time.

An incentive was offered by Expert Electrical for this review. Learn more here.

Smooth Process, Hassle Free.

From quote to install it was smooth and painless.

The consult with Shannon was informative and the follow up with Expert Electrical wasn't spammy and pressured like other companies I got quotes with.

They organized all the necessary items with Gov Incentives and Energex requirements and on the day arrived on time and completed the work quickly without any complications.

They even let me know about issues/concerns with my roof that I should look into (not related to the install or their work) and did some temporary fixes which they has no obligations to do!

Original Review on 04-04-2023:

Great installer, uninformed salesperson

Sales person assured me that the system I bought would give me UPS in the event of grid down with only mili-seconds to switch over (important for computer work). He also assured me that the system would run three-phase backup.

When the installer arrived, he said that system configured by the salesperson would not achieve these requirements.

He immediately suggested a different layout and the company approved it at the same price.

The installation was very well done and I think the installer went above and beyond the call of duty.

The system doesn't quite achieve my aims in that the switchover when grid down takes 90 seconds and not the miliseconds I was looking for, but I can cover that with a small UPS.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the installer and ultimately happy with the system that he designed on the spot. I'm not happy with the salesperson.

Thank you for your feedback Kent from the Team at Expert Electrical

10 months later we asked Kent: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Great installation

The team rives on time and were very inclusive. Insured the cables and panels were installed in a suitable location and as neat as possible. They did not leave until all was up in running and the internet connected.
Very happy with the product and the installation team.

Seamless process with great service.

The whole process from quoting to installing went smoothly. I have recommended Expert Electrical to my friends. My daughter, her in laws and a friend have already used the service and were all very happy.

Great installer

Simple process and helpful team explaining the products. Installation was smooth and the team explained the use of the system.

Install

The process went aray at the point of installation. The technician that installed the system was extremely polite , informative and hard working. As there were problems and mistakes, the customer service was disappointing from a lack of communication from the management.

Great job from quote to install

Lee was great, came around on Friday afternoon, quote was provided that evening. Caleb and his team, arrived on time both days and where very polite and tidy. Caleb answered any queries I had. Very happy with the system and the team at Expert Electrical. They were recommended by a friend.

Excellent

Excellent company.

Shannon from the sales team was highly knowledgeable and worked with my needs and requests patiently. He has an electrical background and was able to speak about technical details.

These guys were happy to install my inverter on the other side of the house in the garage, without any dramas and without overcharging me. Every other company told me it is too hard or quoted a large amount of additional $$ for it. Expert electrical did it without hassles and at reasonable cost.

Caleb and another person were my installers and from what I can tell they’ve done a quality job. Everything looks good to me. They set up wi-fi etc without issue. My system and the monitoring is working well.

Expert electrical’s contract is a fair contract.
They also list all of their suppliers for their equipment , which can be useful information in the event of needing to make a warranty claim.

The essential documentation was all sent within reasonable time after the install.

The only reason I didn’t give 5 stars for the install is because the panel orientation and layout was done differently to the documented design - i would have preferred if this was discussed beforehand.

Overall, would recommend this company and its staff.

Original Review on 10-02-2023:

First day, but as happy as can be!

Everything went smooth.
Less than a month from yes to installation.
Best price by over 10%.
Guys who installed it were experts and did a fantastic job.
Everything for us was done, no hassle.
Would recommend. So far 100% satisfaction.

Thank you for your review Stefan from the Team at Expert Electrical

10 months later we asked Stefan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I could not be happier with my solar!

Great experience all around

The quote was easy and was easily changed as we had to remove an old hot water solar system. Present plenty of options. No hard sales tactics. They came recommended as we needed some who would do a tile roof and all installers won’t.

Great job

Wonderful to deal with. Solar plan and quote were quick and easy.

The installers were incredibly polite and had everything installed without issue.

Everything has been taken care of by Expert Electrical and only required one phone call to my energy provider on my end.

Super impressed with the service from Expert Electrical.

Super impressed with the service from Expert Electrical. Shannon was very accommodating at proposal stage, taking time to answer all my questions. Then Maurice on install day, doing an amazing job. He was punctual, very tidy, and took the time to show me through the app. very happy.

Perfect as well as Expert Solar

The offer from Expert Electrical was not only the best gear, at the best price, offering the best long term value in my mind, but the installation was quick, painless, and very professionally carried out. Shannon was very helpful in the quoting and explanation process, and didn’t pester me while I worked through the offers I received from various companies. Once I had decided on them, their very efficient office process had my install booked within a few days, and completed within a few weeks. Maurice the installer and his team were very efficient, professional, thorough and the workmanship was outstanding. Look around but include Expert electrical in your quotes. You won’t be disappointed.

Cheers Darryl

A good company to deal with

From the first contact with Expert Electrical to the final tweaks and paperwork, I found this company excellent to deal with.
Lee (salesperson) was quick to make contact after my request for three quotes from SolarQuotes, and was first to conduct the site inspection and discuss my needs.
Courtney was my main contact in the office and she was quick to respond and willing to help with queries.
Maurice and Harry were the installers. I will point out here that I had just spent a large sum getting my tiled roof to a perfect condition and asked these guys to, not only be careful, but warn me of any issues they may come across.
I found them excellent. Maurice (electrician) was experienced in all solar matters and went above and beyond to finish the job when the delivery of a component was delayed. He was always punctual, polite and willing to answer any queries.
Harry installed the panels on the roof and hard-working and a pleasure to have around with his ready smile.
All the messy stuff, i.e., dealing with the energy provider, etc., was dealt with in a timely manner.
I was impressed and would not hesitate to recommend Expert Electrical.

Thank you for your review from the Team at Expert Electrical

Professional Job

The purchase and installation of this 10kw system was a breeze. The quote was competitive and the information provided was good. Expert Electrical completed the job within 2 weeks of the initial deposit. Also very impressed with the professional and quick installation and advice/ instructions given by Maurice and the lads. System working as described since install in October 2023. I would highly recommend Expert Electrical for solar installation.

Thank you Chris for your lovely review

High Quality Instillation on an Asbestos Roof

Expert Electrical were a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. We were looking for an installer who would work with an Asbestos Roof (in good condition) and Expert Electrical were able to provide a high quality, safe and very neat install for our system. They assisted with all administration for setting up our connection, set up our inverter, connected it to the home WIFI and helped set up the App on my phone. Could not recommend highly enough (one of my friends has already signed up with them for a system).

A good company to deal with

The initial contact was done online in a very professional manner, then followed by an onsite visit within a week. The quote was emailed and any queries quickly resolved. We had the installation completed within 3 weeks of accepting. Their installation team was excellent but let down by the electrician who left the inverter not configured and did some unacceptable conduit work. This was very quickly resolved once brought to the part owner's attention which included an after hours visit.

I have found EE very easy to contact and deal with. They are prepared to go the extra effort to get resolutions to any issues. Totally happy with the performance of our 6.6kW system with the perfomance exceeding expectations.

Quality Service

The quote we received was delivered quickly and followed up professionally after we accepted. We had Zoom interview with Tony and he made us comfortable with the process of installation, rebates and approvals.
The team who arrived on the day installed the complete system and cleaned up afterwards. They were very professional and polite guys. They insured we were aware of safety precautions regarding the system and after answering a barrage of questions, which were all answered, the system was handed over to us and we commenced making our own power.

Very Efficient and Professional

Very impressed from start to finish. From Ben’s original quote when he was very informative and intuitive about my needs then the amazing office ladies who organised the logistics, through to Morris and ‘the boys’ who did the installation - I could not be happier with the whole experience. Excellent service and value for money.

Cheers Chris

Fantastic installation and customer service

Everything goes smoothly. Well explained and very friendly. Highly recommended

Thank you Jimmy for your lovely feedback

Fantastic to deal with

The team at Expert Electrical were fantastic to deal with.
Quick turnaround times and even quicker for installation. We had a large system installed with battery and they were done in 1 day with a team of 6 people.
We raised an issue the next day which they came around and addressed within 2hrs of raising. Couldn’t have asked for better after installation and sales service. Would highly recommend Lee, Chris and the team.

Very efficient. Great customer service. Speedy installation

Expert Electrical were very polite, thorough and accommodating with the sales/quote process.
The installation was seamless, efficient and careful. All steps necessary in connecting to the grid were timely and explained in detail. A very easy process. Great work.

Friendly, helpful and Quality Instalation

Great sales team willing to answer all of my stupid questions
Installation was a breeze, quick and well explained also answered my questions
plenty of guides and instruction about what to expect next.
Highly Recommended

Simple and reliable

From the moment we met with the consultant, everything was easy. Solar was installed within weeks and we were up and running with not a problem since. Easily the best value for money on the market

Exceptional Service

When the electrician ame out to quote, he noticed one of the strings on the existing panels was not functioning. He got up on the roof to try to fix it but there were too many problems. He took photos for us and ad ised us how to report it if our previous installer would not. He was surprised that we didn't have an app to check our output.
After the installation, this same electrician set up the app on my tablet and made sure I knew how to use it.
After a few months we had someone else from Expert Electrical to come out and discuss additional a battery to the solar panels. With the help of the app, he could see our production and consumption and advised against installing a battery.

Excellent Solar

Smooth quoting process, sat down with me and went through our options. Installation was tidy and punctual, workmanship seemed good. Aftercare and connection of the Catch Solar Relay was also handled perfectly. Highly recommend

Happy

Very happy they made it so easy would highly recommend

Thank you Andrew for your lovely feedback

Good process

An easy, simple process with good quality components and experienced tradesmen.

An excellent experience all round!

The service and support, from start to finish, was exceptional. From the initial meeting to run through what we were looking for, the quality of the quote provided, the timeliness of the installation, and the support from the wider team both before and after. Thank you!!

Approachable, knowledgeable & professional

I am very happy with the solar panel installation service I received by Chris and Deonte from Expert Electrical. They were professional, courteous, and efficient throughout the whole process. They answered all my questions and explained everything clearly. The installation was done efficiently and neatly, and they made sure everything was working properly before handover, and then sorted the grid connection. I highly recommend Expert Electrical.

Thank you Michael for your lovely review from the Team at Expert Electrical

Large system on a north facing roof

After an extensive process of seeking quotes and advice, I was not completely happy until I got the additional quotes through SolarQuotes. With those extra quotes and advice I was better able to make an informed choice.

We had just a weeks wait and then had the system installed in one day (they estimated it would take a day and a half).

The system included nearly 20 kW in solar panels, two 10 kW inverters (one a hybrid) and a 12.8 kW battery. On sunny days we are getting over 100 kW hours of power.

Very happy we chose Expert Electrical.

Thank you Des for your lovley feedback from the Team at Expert Electrical

Very happy

Very professional, on time and left the place spotless. Could nut be more impressed.

Super professional

Great, electricians with expertise in solar that they were happy to share with me. The Team (including the Business Admin team) was super professional and the solar installation went exactly as planned. Thanks so much to Chris and Grant. Very happy

Thank you Rachelle for your lovely feedback

Easy install, Great follow up

Steep terracotta roof with a 10kW system - handled the install with no problem. Found some issues with the existing hot water circuit and solved it on the day. Even came back to check out an issue on another circuit. Really helpful bunch of guys and happy to chat and explain the design and install decisions.

Thank you Alex for your lovely words from the Team at Expert Electrical

Professional and quality install

EE provided clear technical details, amended installation to best suit site conditions, clear communication and a neat and tidy install. Very professional and responded to all queries in time.

Highly recommend them.

Thank you Shivakumar from the Team at Expert Electrical

Great Company

From initial contact through to final installation and telephone support……..just excellent. Would strongly recommend their services!

Thanks Tim!

Efficient, Friendly & Value for Money

Expert Electrical provided a prompt and professional service, beginning at the quotation stage, to end of the process where we were walked through the operation of our system. Ben offered a fast and friendly quotation, working out for us exactly how much our rates had increased and how the proposed system could be used to our advantage saving energy and money. The quotes were upfront, with no hidden cost or fees, and we were offered the choice between two systems. On the day of installation, Maurice's team were also friendly and quick to get the job done. Communication was excellent and the service overall, second to none. Thanks Expert Electrical.

Cheers Emma for your positive feedback from the Team at Expert Electrical