Expert Electrical

Servicing QLD, NSW & TAS (refer note below re TAS) with quality solar solutions

• Off grid specialists
  • CEC Approved Retailer
  • Tesla Certified Installers
  • Ben has been installing solar for almost 15 years, therefore we only offer brands we know and trust will stand up to the test of time, with warranties be dealt with quickly in the unlikely event of failure
  • SMA PowerUp dealer - free extended warranty on Sunny Boy Inverters
  • Solarwatt Partner - 30 year product and performance warranty on all SolarWatt panels
  • We recommend site inspections with our friendly team to ensure everything runs smoothly on installation day, to ensure a comprehensive quote and no extras
  • Finances options available
  • Offering air conditioning and general electrical services

Note: In Tasmania Expert Electrical now operates under ABN 39 606 374 494, Black Mountain Farms Pty Ltd ACN 606 374 494, trading as Expert Electrical Tasmania and Expert Solar Tasmania (business names registered from 11 Mar 2020).

Reviewers report paying: $4,500 - $12,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Expert Electrical Reviews (238)

Fronius

Fantastic installer....

Installation is completed...
Waiting on Electricity company to change the Meter...
Hide Cristobal's Comment

Very Professional and Quality Install

Quote process was extremely quick and efficient, all online and electronic review. Installation was done on time and with the minimum of impact with the upgrade to our existing system being done on the day and fully operational with only 20 minutes downtime to switch over to our new upgraded Panels and 8KW Inverter from the previous 4.6KW Inverter. Manuals for the system were all sent electronically and the new Inverter connected to our home network for easy monitoring at home and remotely. Very happy customer.
Hide Robert's Comment

Fast, Friendly and Quality

Getting a quote was super easy with quick follow up on any changes needing to be made. Install was arranged within a day of deposit. Install itself was super quick and went off with no problems. Overall they made getting solar super easy and I would recommend them to anyone looking to get a system!
Hide Ben's Comment

Friendly and punctual

Maurice and his team, were punctual and friendly , they explain to me what was going to happen with them installing solar panels
Hide Coral's Comment

Sunlight is free

The sales quoting process was smooth, only odd thing was that the office followed up on my initial inquiry after I had accepted the quote, paid a deposit and organised an installation date with the ops manager.
Hide Shane's Comment

6kW

No Pushy Salesmen, Just Experienced Advice

Ben knows his stuff, he explained what was important and the different benefits and values. There was no pushy, sign up now! He even arranged an “after hours” call to suit me.
Caleb and Oliver did a neat install and left without a trace, all rubbish removed and installation was very tidy.
Martina and Andrew have been very helpful with admin and advice. Martina has made the “process” seamless. I have had calls and emails along the way keeping me up to date. My Energy provider was contacted several times and I was given easy instructions to follow from Martina.
I’m very happy with my choice of system, great quality.
Overall I can’t fault my experience.
Hide Darryl's Comment

SolarEdge

Fantastic Installer

I am very happy with this company from the sales people, who were very helpful and explained everything very well and gave me a great price. To the office staff, very good in letting me know of a date that my solar was to be installed and then a few days before hand ringing me and letting me know of what time the guys were going to be here to install my system. To the punctuality of there arrival and how they left my place tidy, (took all the rubbish with them ) and was very helpful with organising connecting to the grid. I will definitely recommend Expert Electrical to all my family and friends and any one else who wants to put solar on. Thanks for a Job well done. Very happy customer.
Hide Donna's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great service from quotation through to installation and beyond

Great experience with this company. I requested quotes from at least 3 other companies but Shannon from Expert Electrical was the only one who visited my place to provide the initial quotation. He resolved all my questions in the days after that visit, and I accepted the quote. Price was a factor, but the quality of the products they offer was one of the main decision factors. Once I paid the initial deposit they took care of all the paperwork and everything else. On the installation day, Caleb and Oliver arrived punctually. They are very kind and tidy workers. I asked them about the location of the solar panels on the roof and they explained the design decisions to me. They worked very diligently to complete the job on time, with only a very short power outage required to connect the system to the grid. My electricity meter had to be changed and Expert Electrical organised all that for me. Andrew gave me a follow-up call 2 days after the installation and resolved some questions I had regarding the inverter monitoring application. Martina and Leesa in the office had also shown excellent customer service. Excellence and customer satisfaction is obviously part of Expert Electrical's corporate culture. This solar system has been working perfectly.
Hide Olga's Comment

Great solar Experience

I was very fortunate to have an all round positive experience with my solar install. From my initial inquiry with Expert Electrical right thru to the install and installing the app on my iPhone they were great. I’ve recommended them to my sister who has also used them to have her solar installed. Price was very competitive, products were of a high quality and the people were awesome.
Hide David 's Comment

Top Class

An exemplary performance by Expert Electrical from start to finish. When quoting, Shannon was knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. Afterwards he followed up immediately, even during the weekend, with answers to my specific queries. Together with Martina at the office all approvals were speedily completed and paperwork was seamlessly organised. Maurice, Jacob and Ethan worked meticulously during the installation and produced a quality result. They set up and ensured I was conversant with the online WiFi operation of the SMA inverter. Particularly pleasing was the personalised Owner’s Manual, complete with photos of the panels on my roof and my other system components in situ, emailed next day. Highly recommended.
Hide Tom's Comment

5kW

Inverter Brand

Company so easy to work with. Professional polite clean installers

Quoting process from Joran was very quick..the installation went faster than I though it would take. All the workers were cleanly dressed and Maurice and the 2 young gentlemen I spoke to were very polite( 1 went into the roof and the other did the electrical). They were on time and very curtious. Maurice walked me thru the internet connection so I felt confident to show my husband. Maurice showed me the panels when finished and explained the northern exposure for the panels. I was very happy with the service I received. I have also been talking to Martina she has been keeping me up to date with the whole process and has offered to help with any questions or problems I might have.
Hide Diane's Comment

Inverter Brand

quality products easy to deal with

Quoting and sales process was great, I spoke directly to a knowledgeable and experienced electrician on the phone.
The installation by the 3 man team was professional and tidy. Attention to detail fantastic, and also installed a cat6 cable connecting the SMA inverter to my network.
The installation documentation was promptly taken care of, and a few days later I contacted my retailer to get a better feed in rate.
Hide Andrew's Comment

Inverter Brand

Fantastic experience from quote to install

I want to recommend this local business to anyone looking at solar installation. They made the whole process so easy from Shannon turning up on time, prepared and informed as to what system would be best for me to Martina in the office to Maurice and his team that installed the system with a wealth of knowledge and experience which simply delivered over and above my expectations. Great job to the whole team at Expert Electrical Brendale. One very happy customer!
Hide Anthony's Comment

Inverter Brand

The only company among the many that we spoke to, that actually had someone come out and talk to us about what we wanted, and gave some ideas and suggestions. Very helpful from the first contact through to the final shake of hands after installation. Highly recommended.
Hide Paul's Comment

Excellent Product and Service

The team at Expert Electrical were fantastic to work with for our recent installation of a 6.6KW system. Everyone from Shannon who quoted, Martina in Administration and Ben and his team who did the install, we couldn't fault their service and delivery. The team even braved days of stop/start rain to get the job done. They all provided us with great advise and recommended a product (Hyundai) that was great value and high quality. Thanks for going above and beyond to make the process of converting to solar quick and easy for us.
Thanks again!

Hide Chantal's Comment

Great Service, Excellent Product Knowledge

From initial consultation through to the installation and follow up service we were continually impressed with the professionalism, service and quality of product. Cannot recommend Expert Electival highly enough.
Hide Jason 's Comment

Expert Electrical - thumbs up

So easy. Expert Electrical were just a no fuss sales presentation. Quality advice and the installation process was smooth and efficient. I recommend using this company.
Hide Doug's Comment

Great job

The guys that turned up were professional and knowledgeable. Both got in and got the work done with no messing about. I would 100 percent recommend Expert Electrical to anyone for a solar installation. Well done guys.
Hide Bill's Comment

Happy with my installation

Expert Electrical took time during the quoting process to explain the different inverter options and system sizes, as well as show me some examples of how the monitoring application works through their own phone and the solar installation at their home and office.

The installation was completed very quickly despite a somewhat damp day, and the installers took the time to make sure I was aware of how to setup the monitoring tools and confirm the system was operating.

I'm still waiting on my retailer to organise the grid connection but Expert Electrical got the ball rolling on that front as well.

I would recommend at least getting a quote from them to anyone looking to install a new solar system in Brisbane.
Hide Mikeal's Comment

None (Other)

Satisfied

Representative came explains the system & system & price options.
Quality product, reasonable price, helpful in technical support. Punctual. Organise in grid connection.

Hide Gedeon's Comment

Very Satisfied customer

Awesome service from start to finish. Leesa was the initial contact and she was extremely helpful and polite. The installer was Caleb and he was a machine. Smashed the job out professionally and on time. Very happy I chose Expert Electrical and have already recommended them to other family members. Very competitive pricing also.
Hide David's Comment

9kW

Inverter Brand

Salesman was nice. Did the site inspection. One day installation nice and tidy. Great service. Would recommend to anyone looking for solar.
Hide Chhorn 's Comment

Fantastic!

I couldn't be happier with choosing to get solar from Expert Electrical. Shannon, who took the details of my enquiry, took the time to educate me on the process of choosing a system including, the size system I needed based on our actual usage, the advantages of choosing certain brands over others etc. By the time it came to make a decision, I felt well informed and was confident I had made the right choice.
The team who made the installation did an absolutely stella job. Quick, efficient polite and professional - they took the time to take me through what they'd done and it was top quality work. They also made sure I understood how my new system worked.
Expert Electrical took the time to call me after the installation also to make sure I was happy - I certainly am! Very happy to recommend them to my friends and family.

Hide Neil's Comment

4kW

$2,000 to $4,000

Cost

Excellent installation, wonderfull service.

Quoting process was accurate and easy to follow
The installation process was smooth and on time.
Creat customer service after the installation, clarified all my questions.
Hide Mostafa's Comment

Inverter Brand

Professional from start to finish

From the quotation through to the installation expert electrical were very professional.
We needed a second system as our first one doesn’t meet the needs of having a pool and heat pump. Where other companies implied that I would need to remove the old panels, expert electrical made process of installing the second system hassle free.
This system, even though the panels are not in the prime positions of the roof, are producing an amazing amount of power.
Thankyou expert electrical, I totally recommend them.

Hide Craig's Comment

9kW

Cost

Very happy with our solar experience.

Ben was clear and concise in his quotation process. The office staff ensured I was kept up to date with due dates etc. The team arrived promptly on the day of installation and left the areas nice and tidy before they left. Any issues I had the team were extremely willing to explain.
Hide Mark's Comment

Tesla

Solar Plus Tesla Powerwall2

My solar system was installed by Expert Electrical about a year ago and yesterday the same company added the Tesla Powerwall 2 to the system. The quote and installation for both components has been easy, stress free and professionally done. The installation staff arrived on time and were easy to talk to and left the area clean and tidy. Adding the Tesla Powerwall is quite involved, and takes some time, but all was done by friendly staff who knew their stuff! They did some problem solving with the Tesla staff on the final stage of the connection and made sure everything was working before they left. The office staff are friendly and easy to talk to and I would highly recommend this company and the products they use.
Kaye C.

Hide Kaye's Comment

Fantastic Install!

I'm very happy that I chose Expert Electrical to install my solar system. The team were very professional from start to finish. Communication and customer support were excellent. They bent over backwards to make sure we were happy. The process went smoothly and I'm happy with the result. I would not hesitate to recommend them.
Hide Nick's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great company to work with

Had our system installed yesterday by Maurice and his team, and were very happy with the process. The team were punctual, polite, professional and friendly a credit to the company. After getting 3 quotes for a premium system, I felt Expert Electrical were the company for me based on professionalism, knowledge, value and quality. Very happy with everyone I’ve encountered during the entire process. If the system performs as well as the company that installed it, and the after care is the same I’ll be one happy customer! I’d recommend them in a heartbeat.
Hide David's Comment

Easy process

From start to finish expert Electrical were professional. They made the whole process easy. Their adoption of paperless transactions is refreshing. All aspects of their service and installation was outstanding
Hide Deanne's Comment

Fantastic installation

Everything from the quote to installation was seamless, and the removal of the existing system was quick.
Lee showed up on time discussed options left us with the info.
Maurice (installer) walked us through the process of getting our Solar online. He was super patient and helpful.
Very happy with our decision to go with Expert Electrical, and would recommend.

Hide Liam's Comment

Original Review on 08-06-2020:

Quick, professional and friendly

Quoting process was great
Installation went smoothly….very punctual and tidy
Great customer service

Follow Up Review on 08-02-2021:

Slightly down from sales projected forecasts.
Hide Bill's Comment

Suntech

Original Review on 08-06-2020:

Clear and accurate advice.

Expert Electrical provided good advice and helped guide me through the decision making process without concern.

For the install, they were well organised, turned up on time and had the install completed quickly.

Follow Up Review on 08-02-2021:

Exactly performing to expectations
Hide Gregory's Comment

Highly recommend

I highly recommend Expert Electrical. The whole process from start to finish was trouble free. After the quote I contacted Shannon with further questions that were answered with ease. Being a previous installer he had the technical knowledge and explained in layman’s terms. Caleb and the team were on time, completed the job efficiently and thoroughly cleaned up afterwards. You wouldn’t have known they were there.
Hide Glen's Comment

Everything made easy

From quote stage to installation all the staff have been through and happy to answer my many questions and to work in with our schedule. Would definitely recommend.
Hide Glen's Comment

Quick and hassle free

Ben was very polite and knowledgeable throughout the quoting process. He explained things in a way that was easy to understand for a beginner. The day of install was quick and hassle free. I’m yet to have a complete hand over and check over a few things which I will follow up in the coming days.
Hide Melissa 's Comment

6kW

Couldn't be happier

Amazing from start to end so professional. The install was great no mess no fuss. Definately look at purchasing a system from these guys
Hide Raelene's Comment

Fantastic service

Great service from the time we contacted Expert Electrical for a quote to the date of install of the system. Thanks guys
Hide Julian's Comment

13kW

$12,500 to $15,000

Above and Beyond Service

Ben, Jack and his team went above and beyond to install our system. They drove hours to get to our property, worked through heat, and got the installation done. Thee quality of the work was excellent, and the system in the early time seems to be working well. The advice and support they have provided has been excellent.
Hide Michael's Comment

Fantastic service

Great service from the team at Expert Electrical from the quote by Ben to the installation by Jack and Chris. Martina in the office was very helpful too. We are very pleased with the quality product - Hyundai panels and SMA Invertor. They explained clearly everything we needed to know.

We would thoroughly recommend Expert Electrical

Hide Joy's Comment

Simply Fantastic.

From start to finish, Dave from sales was honest, easily approachable and took the time to explain the basics of solar. To Gordon with installation, fast, got in did the job no fuss and was more than happy for me to jump on the roof and review his work while he was there and then asked if there is anything I'm not sure about/ not happy with. Even happy to answer a quick electrician question not related to the job. Hard to find a good tradesmen and you'd be hard pressed to find better than Expert Electrical.
Hide Douglas's Comment

Excellent

From the quotation with Lee, Martina, Leesa, and Chas in the office, to the installation and service by Gordon, Chris and team, I couldn't have asked for better.

A prompt quote on a quality product - Hyundai panels and SMA Invertor. And a good price.
Installation by well qualified and pleasant people who left everything neat and tidy. They explained clearly everything I needed to know.
Service from the office very helpful too.

I would thoroughly recommend Expert Electrical.

Hide Carmel's Comment

Completely happy

Expert Electrical installed our new solar system yesterday. They have met all our expectation - they consulted and communicated with us at every turn, completed the job on time and cleaned up after themselves. A very happy experience for us and they install a quality German / Austrian designed product with great warranties for the panels and inverter ... highly recommended
Hide Brad's Comment

Cost

They made the whole installation process simple for us

I was referred by a family member who had a great experience with this team. Their quote was competitive, and right from the start they made things easy for us to proceed. The installers turned up on time, worked diligently to get it all done in the time they said it would take, and left the place spotless when they were done. Friendly and helpful after sales service as well. If you are looking at Solar, make sure you speak to Joran at Expert Electrical
Hide Danis's Comment

Fun in the sun

The whole process from initial quote to the final grid connetion was effortless.

The team at Expert Electrical understood my solar needs and provided professional service throughout each step of the way.

The system was installed to a high standard by tradies who were friendly, punctual and knowledgeable.

Cannot fault this company would highly recommend their services.
Hide Mick's Comment

Genuinely surprised

Contact made via solar quotes, Expert Electrical was one of 2 out of 8 solar companies I had requested quotes from that came to my home to view the site and go over some products. They are by no means the cheapest, if you are looking for 6.6kw system, inverter, with 18-20 panels for 3-4k go elsewhere. That being said, they were the absolute most professional, the least BS, and straight to the point out of everyone.

As soon as I said I wasn't interested in something, it was dropped and I didn't hear a word about it again unless I asked. They listened to what I wanted and provided me with multiple options to choose from with varying prices, hardware, and proformance.

They showed up smack bang on time, immediately ran through with me what their plan was for the day, and got stuck into it.

Hope the guys enjoyed the sizzle and cold soft drinks.

Genuinely surprised and pleased with the service. Would recommend and intend to use again.
Hide Brea's Comment

Fantastic, Knowledgeable, Polite and happy to answer any questions

I put in for three quotes on SolarQuotes. Dave got back to me from Expert Electrical, (and another company) and organised a site visit.

He was well presented and chatty, but not pushy. Happy to answer all my questions, and referenced back to the information booklet where possible to back up his claims.

Installation was scheduled and they guys turned up promptly in the morning, and after confirming the work, the layout and site for inverter they got to work. They had the gardener come and work around them in the afternoon. Caleb and his men kept me in the loop when they were going to turn the power off and any other info I needed.

I dealt with Martina in the office for invoicing and scheduling. She was polite and good to work with.
Hide Jessica's Comment

15kW

More than $20,000

BYD

Battery Brand

We have used expert electrical twice

First to get a 10kw solar system
then we added another 6k and 11kw BYD battery

The team is excellent from sales to installation and service

Hide Ed's Comment

Fantastic service highly recommend

We contacted Expert Electrical through solar quotes. They were not the cheapest but they were the only ones who came out to actually look at the site, went through options with us. Once we signed up with them (took the interest free repayment plan option) it was super easy. They showed up on time, communication was excellent. Legit recommend them to anyone interested in solar.
Hide Chloe's Comment

5 star all the way

We could not be happier with these guys. Each and every staff member we have had dealings with were courteous and professional. Luckily for us no question was too silly as we were patiently walked through the entire ins and outs of Solar installation. Shannon attended our home in person which really reassured us that there would be no "hidden extras or costs". Caleb and Ollie installed our system. They turned up on time, worked hard all day and remained friendly throughout.
Hide Finola's Comment