Expert Electrical

Servicing QLD, NSW & TAS (refer note below re TAS) with quality solar solutions

• Off grid specialists
  • CEC Approved Retailer
  • Tesla Certified Installers
  • Ben has been installing solar for almost 15 years, therefore we only offer brands we know and trust will stand up to the test of time, with warranties be dealt with quickly in the unlikely event of failure
  • SMA PowerUp dealer - free extended warranty on Sunny Boy Inverters
  • Solarwatt Partner - 30 year product and performance warranty on all SolarWatt panels
  • We recommend site inspections with our friendly team to ensure everything runs smoothly on installation day, to ensure a comprehensive quote and no extras
  • Finances options available
  • Offering air conditioning and general electrical services

Note: In Tasmania Expert Electrical now operates under ABN 39 606 374 494, Black Mountain Farms Pty Ltd ACN 606 374 494, trading as Expert Electrical Tasmania and Expert Solar Tasmania (business names registered from 11 Mar 2020).

Reviewers report paying: $3,600 - $12,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Expert Electrical Reviews (267)

Original Review on 15-10-2020:

Great solar system

Great on site assessment and prompt comprehensive quote easy to read and understand . Exalant office communication . Short waiting time till installation . Installation was handled very efficiently by tge installation team . The system is performing as predicted. We are very pleased with or purchase Original ratings

8 months later we asked Neville : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Our solar system has preformed above predicted levels in all conditions.
We have had no installation problems.
It has also stood up to all weather including large hail strong winds and heavy rain.
No leaks or damage.
We are very pleased with it's overall performance.

A professional and no BS company!!

We met Lee and Martina at the Brisbane Home Show when we were exploring Solar options. We found their down to earth explanations and no BS approach very refreshing as we have had quotes from other companies who seem more interested in selling the biggest systems rather than the one that suits your personal needs. The industry is full of dodgy companies with 'too good to be true' offers but we found Expert Electrical had a range for various budgets but still quality systems.

Throughout the purchase process, the team were very responsive to queries and providing a number of options but providing advice on recommendations was extremely welcome.

We were very lucky and surprised at how quickly we could get the system installed! Maurice and Jacob arrived on time and were extremely friendly and professional. There were some minor modifications needed to be made to our quoted plan but these were done quickly and with full explanation as to why.

The install was extremely neat and looks great! All areas were cleaned afterwards and all packaging taken away.

The great thing is, these guys have electrical backgrounds and aren't 'salesmen' who are just looking to make the most money in the shortest time period. You need to be able to trust them and we found immediate satisfaction and comfort every step of the way.

We will have no hesitation in recommending Lee and the team when we want to expand our solar panels, or in recommending them to anyone else.

I recommend everything about this company.

The expert knowledge and professionalism shown by the team at every step was of a very high standard - working out which system would suit us best, planning the installation, installation, connection to the grid, and follow up. The installation team were on time, friendly, tidy, and great communicators - letting us know what was happening throughout the day. Really impressed - couldn’t be happier

Overall, our best option

Our previous solar system had served us well for 9 years, but being installed back when Solar systems and installations was, "the wild West", it eventually developed a serious fault, shorting out and burning out the back of the main isolator.

After only one other quote, we settled on Springer's Solar based on a confidence inducing blend of quality components, careful and compliant installation and competitive price.

Thoroughly recommend
JK
Ferny Hills, Qld

Fantastic service for solar installation.

Very professional and efficient service- from quotation through to installation and follow-up support. Communication was fantastic throughout. Would highly recommend Expert Electrical for solar installation.

Quality Equipment professional installation and admin process

provided information re the quality of equipment, Installation was seamless as roofing contractor was also on site. Admin process was quick and professional

From start to finish can’t fault

From start to finish expert electrical made the whole solar process very easy

Had multiple options sent through for me to look at, met on site with Shannon who discussed the whole process and heard what I wanted from the install and then adjusted quotes to suit

As a roofer I have seen a lot of solar companies that do more damage to roof sheeting then a hail storm no such damage with the boys from expert electrical

The boys that were on the roof were great very friendly even the apprentice was a great help before the boss got to site

Maurice the boss was very helpful getting system up and running and showing me how to connect to the system and app

Everything was organised from start to finish all I had to do was call my energy supplier to let them know I had solar installed but even then they could see through the paper work trail from expert electrical that it’s was all sorted

Have all ready started recommending them to friends and people I meet

Thanks again for a great job

Really happy with the service!

Someone referred me to Expert Electrical and I was happy with them right from the start. The salesperson helped explain my options in a very understandable way, the system they recommended was of high quality (I belong to a FB forum for solar enthusiasts and they all said the system was really good, for a good price) and the installation was amazing. I needed a trench dug because I was upgrading to 3 phase and I couldn't find anyone, so EE did it. Energex came by and said that they wouldn't approve it (even though we had permission from the city, and from Energex themselves - don't get me started on Energex) so EE came and redug the trench at no extra cost. The solar panels were installed well and they look sharp. The attitude of the guys here was great - Caleb is a legend - and the HVAC system they installed seems amazing too. I got a really big system installed (buy once, cry once). I'm a few days into power with the new system and I'm nothing but impressed. Overall, I can't enough that's positive about them. I'd go with them again for sure.

Expert Electrical review.

Sales team were great. Quotes were very good. The installation was on time and the installers were very polite. They even cleaned up after the installation was completed.

In all the customer service was first class. We would definitely recommend Expert Electrical to any one considering installing solar panels.

Great Installation

Whole process was easy and painless. The quotes were fair and the installation was done in a morning. It is too early to comment on anything else

Smooth and efficient

Was super quick, installed within a week of the quote, which was great value for money, I highly recommend this company.

Great service for our system

We had an install over 3 different days for the 3 phase upgrade, solar and battery set up. We are very pleased with the work that the guys did (Ben, Ben, Caleb, etc).

We did have a couple of problems with our install, these things happen. What's important is how Expert Electrical reacted to these problems. They dealt with them professionally and kept our interests as the customer firmly in mind to sort everything out.

Highly recommended.

Fantastic installer

Lee was promptly on time for the quote and explained the product, price versus quality, and installation clearly. We negotiated a real short time frame in which the job could be done due to a job cancellation the next day.

Morris, Jacob and Hayden also arrived at the appointed time which is refreshing to experience. They where polite, just got on with the job, as well as explaining the why and how of the installation.

Martina helped organise the grid connections from the office via the phone; real happy with the customer service overall!

Great Solar Installers

What stood out for me was that Expert Electrical actually sent someone out to speak in person whereas the other two quotes were just over the phone. Ben, Grant and Liam were friendly, had great communication. It was also great to have Martina when managing the paperwork and Paul regarding any issues with the software after installation. Great work guys!

Great service from a great company

Well from the moment we had contact with Expert Electrical, we had a positive experience, All of their staff and sub-contractors were helpful and polite.

Can you believe that they actually arrived when they said they would. Nice change with tradies these days.

Service.

The Team were punctual in arriving, they were extremely well organised.
System was added to house without any unforseen issues and Ben and the Team were very helpful and efficient.

Expert Electrical, exactly that!

From my first contact with Expert Electrical, I knew that I was dealing with professional and reliable company. They kept me informed the entire time, and any questions I had were answered quickly. I really had nothing to worry about. They took care of everything. The installation is very tidy.

Great Installation and Excellent Customer Service

Quickest response from any business to my initial enquiry. Easy quote meeting with Lee who gave us three solar system options to choose from. Great installation team of Ben, Liam and Grant. Good communication along the way from Martina in Admin. Everyone arrived on time and were friendly, courteous and professional. Very impressed and happy with the install and system.

Happy as

Prompt reply for all of questions I had while quoting.
On time installation with friendly stuff.

A good hassle free installation

From the home visit to quote,through the purchasing phase the company was easy to deal with
The team turned up on time, were polite and friendly and professional
My roof is old,so impacted on how level and straight my panels ended up,a few are uneven and gaps are uneven
Connection was organised and trouble free
All in all I would recommend Expert Electrical

Professional company and great balance of quality and $$$

From quoting to finalising install Expert Electrical were on the ball and kept us in the loop the whole time from start to finish. Can not fault for anything.

Upgrade of existing system

Impressed with Ben at the initial quote - very knowledgeable and helpful, looking into our needs.

System installation as per our requirements - staged to fit in with a new build.

Very neat and professional installation and a big improvement on our previous system.

A few technical niggles sorted out without any hassles.
Despite this excellent service the price was much better than the other 3 quotes we had for what, in my opinion, was a technically better system which I can monitor from my phone or laptop.

Happy to recommend Expert Electrical without reservation.
Adrian
Owner Builder

Awesome workmanship

The team from Expert Electrical were fantastic. We were coordinating a few jobs on our roof at the same time, e.g: repair and paint, insulation install and the solar panels. The boys from EE made sure they let us know every step of the way when they would be in to do each step around the other contractors.
Every thing went as smooth as clockwork. Our Panels are positioned perfectly to absorb the most energy for longer. And to top it off the panels look great.

Perfect in every way!!!

From the very beginning nothing was too hard for Expert Electrical. Lee walked me through the quoting process and Ben answered all of my extra questions even though I am sure that some of them must have sounded silly!! Caleb installed our panels and was easy to talk to. Martina was lovely to deal with in the office. From start to finish this was a seamless process. We are very happy with our new solar installation.

Very Professional

They whole process was simple through Expert Electrical. From the quote to install they were very informative for first time solar buyers and very patient. We did the whole transaction from interstate and from seeing it in person now, the quality and workmanship looks unreal! We also are getting powerpoints installed through them and we know who to ring for any electrical work. Highly rate, thanks heaps tram!

Amazing Service from this Company and everyone I dealt with in the Company.

The amazing level of professionalism started with the quoting process. Gave me lots of choices with recommendations on what would suit me best. Explained everything very clearly.
Installation was scheduled and although it was postponed a couple of times through bad weather and waiting on the roof restoration company to finish, the communication lines were open and consistent. The actual installation was a breeze. What a great job they did, quick, neat, full of explanations about what they were doing and showed me how to install the app.
The price was comparable to the other companies that quoted, but I expect that the service was far superior.
I would gladly recommend this company to anyone who asked.

Fantastic installer and great customer service

Great team to work with from quote stage to finished installation. After sales support has been great.

Brilliant Work All Round

The installation with Maurice and his team did a fantastic job - everything was left neat and tidy, like they hadn't been there!
I highly recommend Expert Electrical - competitive pricing, fantastic sales and customer service team, backed up by professional installation!

Fabulous Installer, highly recommend and easy to deal with

This is the second house we've put Solar on and after our experience with the last house (breakdown of inverter and company out of business) we wanted a company that we were comfortable with.

We've found Expert Electrical to be very professional and easy to deal with from the quote, organising install to installation. They were friendly, punctual and respectful in all our dealings with them. The information they supplied to help us make our decision was thorough and we feel we have made an informed decision. They worked their install around our roof being restored, they came out one day and installed the brackets before the roof got painted and then came back and finished the install once the paint was set. We are very comfortable IF we have any issues with our Solar system they will be available and very willing to help solve the problem, this was our number one requirement even above the price.

All the team were a pleasure to deal with and we highly recommend them.

Professional install

Very professional salesman who came to quote. Was able to answer all questions. Made us feel confident to proceed with the decision to install with Expert Electrical.
It was a tricky install due to height/access and an old electrical box that they had to work with. Both issues handled well with minimal fuss.

Fantastic installer....

Installation is completed...
Waiting on Electricity company to change the Meter...

Very Professional and Quality Install

Quote process was extremely quick and efficient, all online and electronic review. Installation was done on time and with the minimum of impact with the upgrade to our existing system being done on the day and fully operational with only 20 minutes downtime to switch over to our new upgraded Panels and 8KW Inverter from the previous 4.6KW Inverter. Manuals for the system were all sent electronically and the new Inverter connected to our home network for easy monitoring at home and remotely. Very happy customer.

Fast, Friendly and Quality

Getting a quote was super easy with quick follow up on any changes needing to be made. Install was arranged within a day of deposit. Install itself was super quick and went off with no problems. Overall they made getting solar super easy and I would recommend them to anyone looking to get a system!

Friendly and punctual

Maurice and his team, were punctual and friendly , they explain to me what was going to happen with them installing solar panels

Sunlight is free

The sales quoting process was smooth, only odd thing was that the office followed up on my initial inquiry after I had accepted the quote, paid a deposit and organised an installation date with the ops manager.

No Pushy Salesmen, Just Experienced Advice

Ben knows his stuff, he explained what was important and the different benefits and values. There was no pushy, sign up now! He even arranged an “after hours” call to suit me.
Caleb and Oliver did a neat install and left without a trace, all rubbish removed and installation was very tidy.
Martina and Andrew have been very helpful with admin and advice. Martina has made the “process” seamless. I have had calls and emails along the way keeping me up to date. My Energy provider was contacted several times and I was given easy instructions to follow from Martina.
I’m very happy with my choice of system, great quality.
Overall I can’t fault my experience.

Fantastic Installer

I am very happy with this company from the sales people, who were very helpful and explained everything very well and gave me a great price. To the office staff, very good in letting me know of a date that my solar was to be installed and then a few days before hand ringing me and letting me know of what time the guys were going to be here to install my system. To the punctuality of there arrival and how they left my place tidy, (took all the rubbish with them ) and was very helpful with organising connecting to the grid. I will definitely recommend Expert Electrical to all my family and friends and any one else who wants to put solar on. Thanks for a Job well done. Very happy customer.

Great service from quotation through to installation and beyond

Great experience with this company. I requested quotes from at least 3 other companies but Shannon from Expert Electrical was the only one who visited my place to provide the initial quotation. He resolved all my questions in the days after that visit, and I accepted the quote. Price was a factor, but the quality of the products they offer was one of the main decision factors. Once I paid the initial deposit they took care of all the paperwork and everything else. On the installation day, Caleb and Oliver arrived punctually. They are very kind and tidy workers. I asked them about the location of the solar panels on the roof and they explained the design decisions to me. They worked very diligently to complete the job on time, with only a very short power outage required to connect the system to the grid. My electricity meter had to be changed and Expert Electrical organised all that for me. Andrew gave me a follow-up call 2 days after the installation and resolved some questions I had regarding the inverter monitoring application. Martina and Leesa in the office had also shown excellent customer service. Excellence and customer satisfaction is obviously part of Expert Electrical's corporate culture. This solar system has been working perfectly.

Great solar Experience

I was very fortunate to have an all round positive experience with my solar install. From my initial inquiry with Expert Electrical right thru to the install and installing the app on my iPhone they were great. I’ve recommended them to my sister who has also used them to have her solar installed. Price was very competitive, products were of a high quality and the people were awesome.

Top Class

An exemplary performance by Expert Electrical from start to finish. When quoting, Shannon was knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. Afterwards he followed up immediately, even during the weekend, with answers to my specific queries. Together with Martina at the office all approvals were speedily completed and paperwork was seamlessly organised. Maurice, Jacob and Ethan worked meticulously during the installation and produced a quality result. They set up and ensured I was conversant with the online WiFi operation of the SMA inverter. Particularly pleasing was the personalised Owner’s Manual, complete with photos of the panels on my roof and my other system components in situ, emailed next day. Highly recommended.

Company so easy to work with. Professional polite clean installers

Quoting process from Joran was very quick..the installation went faster than I though it would take. All the workers were cleanly dressed and Maurice and the 2 young gentlemen I spoke to were very polite( 1 went into the roof and the other did the electrical). They were on time and very curtious. Maurice walked me thru the internet connection so I felt confident to show my husband. Maurice showed me the panels when finished and explained the northern exposure for the panels. I was very happy with the service I received. I have also been talking to Martina she has been keeping me up to date with the whole process and has offered to help with any questions or problems I might have.

quality products easy to deal with

Quoting and sales process was great, I spoke directly to a knowledgeable and experienced electrician on the phone.
The installation by the 3 man team was professional and tidy. Attention to detail fantastic, and also installed a cat6 cable connecting the SMA inverter to my network.
The installation documentation was promptly taken care of, and a few days later I contacted my retailer to get a better feed in rate.

Fantastic experience from quote to install

I want to recommend this local business to anyone looking at solar installation. They made the whole process so easy from Shannon turning up on time, prepared and informed as to what system would be best for me to Martina in the office to Maurice and his team that installed the system with a wealth of knowledge and experience which simply delivered over and above my expectations. Great job to the whole team at Expert Electrical Brendale. One very happy customer!

The only company among the many that we spoke to, that actually had someone come out and talk to us about what we wanted, and gave some ideas and suggestions. Very helpful from the first contact through to the final shake of hands after installation. Highly recommended.

Excellent Product and Service

The team at Expert Electrical were fantastic to work with for our recent installation of a 6.6KW system. Everyone from Shannon who quoted, Martina in Administration and Ben and his team who did the install, we couldn't fault their service and delivery. The team even braved days of stop/start rain to get the job done. They all provided us with great advise and recommended a product (Hyundai) that was great value and high quality. Thanks for going above and beyond to make the process of converting to solar quick and easy for us.
Thanks again!

Great Service, Excellent Product Knowledge

From initial consultation through to the installation and follow up service we were continually impressed with the professionalism, service and quality of product. Cannot recommend Expert Electival highly enough.

Expert Electrical - thumbs up

So easy. Expert Electrical were just a no fuss sales presentation. Quality advice and the installation process was smooth and efficient. I recommend using this company.

Great job

The guys that turned up were professional and knowledgeable. Both got in and got the work done with no messing about. I would 100 percent recommend Expert Electrical to anyone for a solar installation. Well done guys.

Happy with my installation

Expert Electrical took time during the quoting process to explain the different inverter options and system sizes, as well as show me some examples of how the monitoring application works through their own phone and the solar installation at their home and office.

The installation was completed very quickly despite a somewhat damp day, and the installers took the time to make sure I was aware of how to setup the monitoring tools and confirm the system was operating.

I'm still waiting on my retailer to organise the grid connection but Expert Electrical got the ball rolling on that front as well.

I would recommend at least getting a quote from them to anyone looking to install a new solar system in Brisbane.

Satisfied

Representative came explains the system & system & price options.
Quality product, reasonable price, helpful in technical support. Punctual. Organise in grid connection.